Old 03-18-2005, 08:19 PM   #256  
kpe
Paige

Unhappy

Where did everyone go???????

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:36 PM   #257  

Hi Paige, I'm here - I've been sick in the last few days so a little off track no exercise lately but still losing. next week I plan on starting week one of WW at home again - to get another kickstart in. Its not that Ive put on weight but I bought a ww deluxe tracker and thought I would go through the booklets with corrosponding weekly booklets. I bought a new llead for my dog that is longer so I can jog with him. so next week I will be really motivated again - I still feel a little low today.
happyterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:41 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 258/233/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Well, I'm a newbie and could use some buddies to kick my arse when needed, so here I am! LOL

A bit about me...

I'm Jenn, mom to one little boy who turns 3 in May. I work part-time, and also teach private music lessons and sell tupperware. Keeps me busy - too bad it's not enough to melt off all my weight. LOL

I hit my highest weight in Jan. 2004 at {gasp} 258 lbs. Having once been a skinny little athlete/ballerina, it just kills me that I let myself go. So, I got tough (not tough enough though) and lost 30 lbs. last year. I've lost 5 this year. I'm good on portion control (most days) and water intake (most days), but suck at getting the exercise in...for someone who used to be a cross country/track runner, it's pretty darn embarrassing.

I'm not following any specific plan - I've been down that road twice, and all I end up doing is wasting money. So I just do my own thing - watch what I eat, try to eat the majority of my meals at home and stay away from restaurants, especially fast food.

So - any challenges go on around here? Where can I find them? I'm still getting used to the site - is jumping in mid-challenge cool around here? Or should I watch for new ones to start?
mom2alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:05 PM   #259  
Jme

Default We are missing people

Hi Paige, I was wondering the same thing. Where is everyone???? I have been really busy at work so no time to post. I have been trying to check in and post when I can but it seems that everyone is gone!!! I was doing really bad lately and was getting really down. I have somewhat picked myself up. I am only losing about a pound a week so it is getting upsetting at times. I hope everyone is doing ok. It is toubleing that no one is posting though. I am scared that I have lost the post. Well have to go for now.

OH my, how rude of me Welcome JENN!!!! It is great to have someone new. Hope you all have a good day
jmepudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #260  

Should we start a new thread (same name etc) and have a roll call for those who are still motivated?
Old 03-19-2005, 05:01 PM   #261  

HI and WELCOME Jenn
Old 03-20-2005, 08:24 AM   #262  
kpe
Paige

Hi everyone,

Maybe we should start a new thread??????? So many people are MIA, it makes me kindof sad that we have lost so many.

Well it has been a beautiful weekend and we have been doing spring cleaning inside and out. My spring break started yesterday and my dad is coming into town tomorrow. We usually do a bunch of household projects when he comes. I think we are going to paint the living room which has 20ft. ceilings.

I will check in again later.

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #263  

I Started the new thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...247#post802247
so roll call
Old 03-25-2005, 11:53 PM   #264  

Hi girls!!!
Been of the board for a while, but havent forget about you!
For now i'll be in update mode :-p reading all of your post.
Well, see you guys later!

J.-
joana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:34 PM   #265  

Hi I am Dove,

I am new this forum, and I am still trying to figure how this one works. I am doing the south beach diet -- I have been on that diet now for two months - I started at 265 - I have lost 28.6 pounds so far. The forum that I had been with and just got the hang of - has suddenly vanished over night. I have come to really appreciate the support of others going through this as well so I am in need of finding a new place to get buddies through this . I just to be in threads for 100 + and daily goals, a journal, and 10 lb challenge - by june 1st. All of which I was finding very helpful. I am sadden that I have lost contract with all people I have formed bonds with -- but I am hoping to form new bonds now with others here . Anyone who can help direct me to the rights places to go in here -- it will be greatly appreciate - as I learn how this new place works . Thanks so much Dove
Dove16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #266  

DOVE!!!!!! What happened to our board???? I am so glad I found you here. I had no idea it vanished...when did it happen?

I hope we can find a new home here. I have lurked on this board in the past and home we can be welcomed here. I am sure it will be fine. I am so sad my journal is gone...hohum...moving on!!!
***Kirsten*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:58 PM   #267  

Dove <<<hugs>>> Kirsten <<< hugs>>>> what happened to our board (

I can NOT believe I actually found you guys !! How cool is that?
halfame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:47 PM   #268  

good afternoon everyone,

my name is carly, 36yrs old 3 children and a great husband. I am new to this group today... I have been going through alot of stuff for the last 12 months and more bad stuff to happen. I just lost my mom in march to pancreatic cancer and my gram also has it. at the moment gram is holding her own pretty well,, but as i have learned the tides change fast.

I have been very depressed and not really sure what to do. I only need to lose maybe 20 lbs.. but my reason for being here is more to become more healthy. I need to change the habits i was brought up with because in my heart i beleave alot of that had to do with losing my mom and my gram have pancreatic cancer also. I am afraid now. really need support and encouragment to get me in the right mode. being depressed and unhappy is not helpful I know but people say in time i will get passed that. maybe maybe not. but one thing i know is that if my diet is healthy and wholesome maybe that would help me get my head back together.

anyways, I did stop having so much sugar in my coffee. not completly go rid of it but working on it. I am a smoker so i need to also work on that. i am hoping to find support here. you all seem so very nice and supportive. i have been reading the forums for a week or so.. so please if anyone has a suggestions on how to make healthy meals and how to combine my foods correctly i would greatly appreciate it.
carlytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:45 PM   #269  

Hi, Carly, unfortunately this thread died out a while ago, and only a couple of the people post. I just didn't want you to feel ignored if nobody responds in this thread. There are a couple of great groups on here though that are still active. One is the Mom's Losing Weight group. This is our latest thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56034

I'll post back in a second with our current Newbies and Buddies thread which has the remaining members who do still actively post.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:47 PM   #270  

Here is the current Newbies and Buddies thread, but it hasn't been active for a few days either. I think the nice weather is keeping everyone away from their computers.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55114

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and grandma. It's great that you are making positive changes in your own life to remain healthy for yourself and your family.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote