Old 02-23-2005, 05:43 PM   #106  

Quote:
Originally Posted by girly
Tess, Nice tracker!!!! What does the bottom one represent?

Talk to you all later
the bottom one is my mini goal to get to under 100kg I call it operation 100
happyterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:33 PM   #107  

Rapid start day 7
thurs 24th feb
today is starting out hard. I couldnt face another egg so I had extra muesli instead. I start work at 2pm in a department I dont like today ( I go back to normal tommorow) so I feel quite blah about the whole day, but in true fashion I am embracing my melancholy day. I will do a pilates tape so I dont have to go out for a walk before work. I will take some jack johnson cds in to listen to at work and dr phils book to read in the breaks. Dr Phils rapid start diet is really working but I cant wait to start ww points so I can eat easier meals at work I am working pm shifts all this week and I dont like eating dinner at lunch time.

basic I hope you are all better now.

Joana, Good luck Hope your exam goes/ went well

welcome Lisa

well done all of those drinking all their water

much love and motivational vibes to everyone mwah
Old 02-23-2005, 07:00 PM   #108  

good evening ladies. Thank you so much for the great welcome. As far as the water challenge goes i have drank abot 60 oz today 20 more to go. If anybody has any ideas on extra exercises i can do please let me know. i ride my resitance bike atleast 10 min every night. i need something else to brake up the pace. I also try to walk a mile when the weather is good. other than that i am at home with my little one chrissy. or at school on tuesdays. again i thank u for the warm welcome.
LisaGirard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:41 PM   #109  
Certified Wannabe

S/C/G: 303.8/285.4/175

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Can I join?

Hey guys!

I found 3fatchicks a while ago and was motivated by the stories I found here and the many fab posts by all of the determined ladies here, but I was still quite wishy-washy about starting my diet and sticking to a plan. I think I might finally be on the road to a successful trek this time.

I am 26 and married to a wonderful man named Darnell. We don't have any kids but we have a cat named Goldmember. I am full-time grad student and I work at a library. I currenly weigh 266 pounds. I have been dieting for about 5 days and, truthfully, I've only dieted one other time in my life to drop from 192 down to 162 when I was 19 (I did it the BAD no carb way in 3 weeks).

I thought that seeing the scale go to 270 pounds would be the catalyst to get me off of my butt, but that didn't do it. What finally motivated me to start is that my Aunt Brenda (who I am very close to) had a stroke two weeks ago at the age of 53. She's been over 200 pounds since my childhood days and was probably somewhere around 230 when she had her stroke. At first, we didn't even think that she was going to make it, but now she is opening her eyes and squeezing our hands, but still for two weeks she has been on that bed and for most of the time she has not been conscious.

I know that there are a lot of risk factors for stroke and her stress level played a major part in her own health problems, but I realize that this is something that runs in my family. I did a little research and found that I have 4 of the 7 risk factors for stroke. I need to do something right now!

Sure, I want to look good in a pair of jeans, but honestly, even at 270 pounds my size 20 jeans look pretty good on me! I can make myself look good no matter what I weigh and I have a lot of self-confidence, but I want to be healthy. I want to live a long life and be active and enjoy that life.

So, I have been doing well sticking to my own wacky plan for the last five days. I feel less lethargic and as if I am making a good start. I could definitely use some of the encouragement that this site and you guys have to offer!
jeanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:55 PM   #110  

welcome jeanessa. I am new here as well but everyone seems really supportive. I started on e-diets about one week ago and i am not really following it, it's kinda complicated i could go on the internet and find the stuff as well. and i come here for support and a place to chat. So again i say welcome. Oh by the way guys i finally got all the way up to 15 minutes on the bike, its the first time i have been able to do that. i will write again later.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:31 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

Well I have had a bad week at work, and tody was the worst. I have let it affect me and am not going to the gym tonight - when I usually take a class and do 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Woe is me,

Marie
buddha belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:00 PM   #112  

tommorrow is a new day Marie and i bet it will be better. we all have our bad days i find that it's better to just sit and read a book on those days.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:12 PM   #113  

aww Marie, dont let not going to the gym make you feel worse about the day, sometimes work just sucks. I hope it all gets better for you.

welcome jeanessa good to meet you.

I am starting WW points now - I have 2 weeks of 2pm to 10pm shifts and dr phils is too hard - I have thought about it and I dont want it to get soo hard that I chuck all the effort in. I can eat fozen lean cuisines at work m- much easier. I always planned to go onto WW in a week anyway.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:30 PM   #114  
Certified Wannabe

S/C/G: 303.8/285.4/175

Height: 5'5.5"

Default maybe WW is for me, too

Thanks for the welcome guys!

happyterror - I'm thinking that perhaps WW is the WOE for me, too. I tried it for like two days a few months ago and I really had no problems with it. My DH liked it a lot because it was very adaptable to what I normally ate as far as potions, etc. He called it just a different (easier) way of counting calories.

The only thing that I know for certain is that if I don't come into the day with a plan (i.e. food prepped and ready to go) I fall by the wayside by mid-day!
jeanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:36 PM   #115  
kpe
Paige

Angry What a day!

Today has been horrible! If I ever wanted to "stress eat" it would be today. I had an employee's mother call to say that I had hurt her daughters feelings. Mind you her daughter is almost 30!!!!! Her daughter is a true drama queen and I'm done with her. I have invested so much time in getting her where she needs to be (and she is not there). I think it is time for her to find greener pastures somewhere else. There are days when the teachers are more of a problem then the kids. I had to talk to her about it today. I had to suck it up and apologize for "hurting her feelings" when that was the last thing I wanted to do. She is not a very good teacher, does not have good discipline management, and is a "whinner". So if she thinks she can find someone else willing to put up with her nonsense...then good riddens!!!!!

Ok, I am done venting.

I hope everyone had a better day then I did. I just got home from my daughter's dance class. It is soooooooooooo cute to see a bunch on 4 yr olds do tap and ballet. I plan on getting on the treadmill as soon as they go to bed. As a matter of fact it is almost 8:30 now. I haven't done as well on my water this week as I did last week. I think I have had about 48 oz. today plus 2 diet cokes. I was doing really well staying away from the diet soda. Until today, I guess the stress factor kicked in today and along with it came the diet coke. Weigh in is tomorrow, Ugh........ Not looking forward to it. I have been doing really well staying on plan but I'm not happy with the weight loss amount. Last week I only lost a quarter of a pound but I think that was because I wasn't eating all my points and I wasn't using my bonus and exercise points. This week I have tried to use every point I have...I just hope I didn't go overboard. Our WW leader says we have to eat our points or we won't lose any weight. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

Time to put the kiddies in bed. I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and may you all have the willpower to stay focused on your goals.

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:42 PM   #116  
kpe
Paige

Default Ww

Happyterror and Jeanessa- Just wanted you to know that I have done WW for a month and I have found it very easy to stay on. My husband who could stand to lose a few pounds is actually liking the food also. I usually cook the entrees on the weekends because I am just so busy in the evening that I don't have time to get it all together. This way I warm up the entree and fix veggies or a salad and we have dinner. Good luck with what ever plan you chose.

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:44 PM   #117  
Working at it!

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the group Jeanesa and Lisa!

Another good day, I stayed within my points, but I didn't exercise, it was a social night with a friend coming over with her kids which are the same age as mine. But since I didn't get to stay sitted more than 5 minutes in a row, maybe I did get my exercise!

It's the end of my first WW week and i'm pretty happy of how it went. I ate well, could do better by including more veggies, but followed the ww program and stayed within my points. I also incorporated more water in my diet and cut down on soft drink consumption. My next step now is to incorporate more exercise (a few more walks and weight trainning), almost daily hopefully.

We had a work/life balance conference at work today, very interesting and it confirmed the importance of taking good care of myself so that I can take better care of my family. All he said was so me, like how I feel selfish and/or guilty for taking any time for myself, even if it is for something as important as exercising... How if I don't eat right and exercise, I will be more tired/have less energy and it would make it harder to cope with the demands of work and family life.

Anyhow, I'm tired and rambling a bit ... I'm off to bed and will post tomorrow night after my ww weigh in
detk1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:51 PM   #118  

ok i think i finally have this forum thing down. i had a great night tonigh i got in all of my water and i did and extra 5 min o the bike. i am so psyched about all of this. i want to be in a pair of size 18s by april.i will be in them by april. thanks guys for the inspiration.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:50 PM   #119  

Hi my girls!

First of all let me welcome Lisa and Jeanessa!!!

2nd, thank you 4 all the good luck you wished me on my exam!, it really worked!

So, after my exam my boyfriend and some of our friends went to Outback Steack House to have a yummy dinner. I had a huge salad and a glass of ice tea, and let me tell you i dont feel too guilty about it, cause i really was hungry and that exam got me all afternoon long nervous!

I'm drinking my water, so far i'm drinking 1/2 lt., how much its that in onz???, i've got to find out!

I'm willing to get a english/spanish dictionary, that way i can be more fluent with my posting, cause sometimes i feel like my english its poor

Anyways it's late and i have to get to my beautiful bed

Have a good night and resting sleep you all

Take care.

Love,

J.-

Last edited by joana; 02-23-2005 at 11:54 PM.
joana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:07 AM   #120  

Angry UGGGH...I just lost my post

ohhhh...thats so frustrating ...I just wrote this huge post and I accidently clicked back and lost it all....OK Starting over .........
Hello everyone ......glad to see our little group turning into such a successful post ........
Welcome to Lisa and Jeanessa ....hope this group helps you ...Its helps to motivate me alot
Joana ....just wanted to let you know that I dont think your english it bad at all ...please dont feel bad about it

I wieghed myself yesterday and have to say I was kinda discouraged cause I only lost 1 1/2 pounds .....guess I was hoping for more ....but hey a pound less is better than more ......better luck next time

I am kinda just making up my own diet and was wondering about weight watchers points ...if I give you a rundown of my foods for today can you let me know if its any good for that plan ....or some ideas to help me decide

Breakfast - shredded wheat 2% milk
Am snack-grapefruit
Lunch-1 piece pizza and 1/2 spinach hot pepper roll
dinner- pork chop , small portion roast potato , light angel food cake
with strawberries
pm snack - raw veggies ( brocoli,celery,tomato) fat free ranch dip
drinks- ice tea w/ splenda and water water water water

this seems like a good start to me ...cause trust me what I would have eaten before was double that at least .......I am trying very hard and I just want to be successful .......I cant stop this time like all the times before
I also did my FIRM complete aerobics video today ....
Well I am off to bed .......will check in tomorrow .....

Christina
FMinPA
fatmommyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote