South Beach Diet - Friday Beach Chat 1/21

View Full Version : Friday Beach Chat 1/21

a broad abroad
01-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Hello Beach Babes,

I hope everyone has had a nice third week of January. We are moving right along in 2005. Today is Friday and here's the deal:

GOOD - It's Friday; my fridge is stocked with OP food; Anchor is ONEderland, Hershey is back from the vet; we have many newbies here; Barb's lowered her meds; Bamie's feeling better; Ruth has a treadmill in her bathroom; RNMOM is almost finished with Phase 1; Little Chick is getting a new puppy; Laurie put the cheesecake in the freezer!!!

BAD - I'm on phase 1, day 3; I have a cold; it's my TOM; DH is away on business for 2 weeks; Mamacita's BIL is still hanging around; Ruth dented the car; Jake killed Cottage's begonias and impatiens. Things could be worse!!

*Good for You, Bad for Me* - it's warm and sunny right now in California, Bermuda and Australia!

I have a question for those of you who were able to get the Kraft SBD recipe book promotion recently (I think they were free at the grocery store ??) My store never had any so I was thinking about ordering one? It is worth the trouble (3 UPC codes, receipt, form, and $1.19)?? I went to the website and liked the way they layed out some meal ideas and told you whether it was ok for phase 1, 2 or 3.

If anyone is thinking of trying something new (foodwise) this weekend I offer BARLEY RISOTTO with Spinach and Taleggio cheese. I was in Italy last weekend and this was one of the courses we were served - it was FABULOUS! To make it just find a risotto recipe you like and use pearled barley in place of the arborio rice. This is going to be the first thing I make after I finish doing phase 1. By the way, Fuzzy's slow-cooker chicken-barley soup recipe looks pretty good also.

But for now I need to prep/cook a bunch of good Phase 1 stuff today and tomorrow to keep me ready for the next several days. I bought veggies, cheese, chicken and frozen fish. To start with on the menu we have............

Baba Ganouj
Caponata
Taco Bake
field greens salad with feta
marinated mushrooms
sauteed cabbage
porta bella mushrooms
salmon with green beans
Crustless Zesty Lemon Pie (just yogurt and Jello-mix)
and something for breakfast, either the egg muffins or some type of egg casserole.
I'm going to try to snack on veggies and stay away from the cheese and nuts. I've got some cherry toms, celery, SF pickled red peppers and senf gurken (mustard seed pickles)

I guess its time to get of the computer now. Ciao!

Mamacita
01-21-2005, 07:49 AM
Good morning, Chicks~~:coffee:

Abroad, the barley risotto sounds delicious, but I was under the impression that pearled barley isn't considered a whole grain b/c it's been polished, similar to white rice. :?: Please correct me if I'm wrong, or maybe the pearled barley you get over across the pond is different than what we can get here.

Sad, but true, BIL is still hanging around like a bad case of food poisoning. Last night we had a household "meeting" regarding shower schedules. When dh mentioned that I'd ended up getting a cold shower day before yesterday, BIL came back with one of his sarcastic, "humorous" (hostility in disguise) comments about how one cold shower in 6 months isn't such a bad thing. :mad: I just kept my mouth shut...the old adage "if you can't say something nice...."

Glad today is Friday, though. That means, I get off work early, meet with Miss Mary for a brainstorming session, then off to spend my paycheck on groceries. Going to try and load up on fresh spinach, yellow squash, and chard, to boost my veggie intake.

Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita

Ruthxxx
01-21-2005, 08:16 AM
Wow! That post is making me hungry, Abroad. I must try the barley risotto.

Mamacita, that BIL has to go. Does he have any definite plans to move out or shall we get a contract on him? Enjoy your time with Miss Mary.

Hershey is still in recovery mode and will be for quite some time. After all, it takes us 6 weeks to recover from a hysterectomy. She looks at me with those sad brown eyes and is breaking my heart! I am going to check out my reference books and give her something for pain as I can tell by the way she moves that she's hurting. She takes a few steps and then just groans and lies down. Anyhow she is eating and goes outside for a pee when needed so that's positive. I can't believe she went 30 hours without a pee! I wish I could!

Hey! I actually am exercising! First time ever! Just five minutes on the treadmill twice a day for now is very invigorating and very different from walking outside. Warmer too! :lol: It definitely is a boring five minutes so I am going to get set up with books on tape. The other exercises I do are easy - which probably means I'm not doing them right!

Today will be a stay at home day. Jane did come yesterday (2 hours late!) and I went to town for veggies and fruit. Blackberries for breakfast! I am getting very selfish about things like that and am not sharing with Harry who is inclined to pick away at my SBD foods. It really pisses me off to see he's eated 1/3 of a ryecrisp! I am so anal! (I even take the eggs out of their carton in order.)

Dinner tonight will be crockpot Lamb Tajine. I'll post the recipe if it's good. I'm going to make clam/scallop chowder for lunch with zucchini instead of potatoes.

Have a super day on The Beach, chickies, and stay warm if you are in the same band of ice as Ellis and I are! Brrrr!

geekchic
01-21-2005, 08:28 AM
Good morning everyone! Just finished my breakfast and I am finishing my coffee while I get my "home" computer stuff out of the way before heading to work.

We got a couple more inches of snow yesterday, enough to enable cross-country skiing, so we did that for an hour yesterday evening. Fun! I am getting better at it, and it sure beats trying to run on the slippery roads. They are forecasting more snow and "near white out conditions" this evening though so I am a little worried and will probably leave work early.

I ordered the SBD book with 2 day shipping and it has already shipped! It is slated to arrive on Monday. It shipped from KY so should really get here tomorrow, but I think if you order 2-day shipping from UPS they hold the package until the day you paid for. :?:

I have to say I have been fighting this huge tendency to binge on carbs knowing that I won't be able to have them for two weeks. That's bad. :( :o I don't want to start SBD with a huge weight gain.

Ruthxxx
01-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Geekchic, eat legumes and lots of veggies. This is NOT a no carb diet! Binge on chick peas or another good carb!

cottagebythesea
01-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Morning all,
I know I should be at Curves right now, and I got up with that intention, but haven't worked up to actually going yet. We're expecting at least 10" of snow tomorrow, so I'm going to sit down and plan out my menus for the week, then start fresh Monday morning. I haven't strayed from SBD, but I've been eating way way too many carbs. When I think that I started this last year at this time, I'm ashamed of myself that I haven't reached my goal yet. My mind is on the right track, now I just have to get my will-power there!
A Broad Abroad, I saw that you live in Wuerzburg. We lived in Augsburg for almost 7 years and loved every minute of it. I would love to go back to visit someday, we really miss the people (and the food!), and the breathtaking countryside. Do you Volksmarch? We would go every weekend.

Mamacita, I really sympathize with you. My SIL lived with us for about a year, and I thought it would be great because we were so close, but we got to the point we could hardly stand to look at one another. Since she's moved out, we've become friends again, but it will never be the same as it once was.

I'm taking the little ones to a birthday party at the mall this afternoon. It's going to be held at the "Build-A-Bear" store, so that should be a lot of fun. Then we're meeting friends for a late lunch. Afterwards I'll probably need a long nap, so there's my day.

chipper15173
01-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Morning all;
Not much to do here today. Going to gym in about 15 mins. DS still has my van again today. So, having to drive DH's van to gym and bank. I hate being stuck at home. But, I do get things done. Having a major struggle with a pound. It's gone, it reappears, gone, appears. I think I had too much salt yesterday. It's just getting on my nerves. I drank all my water and stayed on program. I don't have TOM anymore, haven't since 2000. I had no starch yesterday either. I am thinking of maybe doing PH 1 again for a week. Maybe then I can knock it. I want so bad to get out of the 60's and into the 50's. Any suggestions would be great.
Well, off to get shoes on and take off. DH will watch the GB's for me.
Have a great day.

cottagebythesea
01-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Ruth, now I really feel guilty about missing my workout this morning! Enjoy your treadmill. Poor Hershey, I hope she's feeling better real soon. It breaks my heart how you describe her big sad eyes.

Geekchic, welcome to the Beach. I'm keeping you company next week, so we can compare menus.

cottagebythesea
01-21-2005, 08:43 AM
Hi, Chipper, I missed your post! I think your gain is probably just water weight from the salt.

Bamiegurl
01-21-2005, 08:47 AM
A drive by for me today. I have to get DH packed and to the airport this morning. He has to go to Tx. for the w-end. It's some kind of mgr.'s meeting. Looks like y'all are up and at 'em this morning!
Abroad I love your post! What a great way to sum it all up! Have a great day everyone.
Cottage... I can totally relate on not being to goal by now! No body's fault but my own!

2BFIT1
01-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Abroad~I loved your opening post today!!! Good food for thought :yes:

Well, I'm back (sorta) on the beach but not quite settled-in yet. My kitchen has been in remodel mode since the end of Oct but things are finally finishing up. I plan today to break-in the stove/oven and finally be able to cook something healthy. Once the countertops are installed~~watch out !!!!

I've missed everybody here while I was gone and I'm happy to still see some familar faces. Welcome to all the Newbies who have come here : I hope to get to meet you all.

I need to lose all the extra weight that I gained last year, so I will come here often for youe support , encouragement and an occassional kick in the a$$ when needed.
Now I need to get caught up on what you all have been up to recently.

a broad abroad
01-21-2005, 10:07 AM
mamacita, I found pearled barley on page 81 in the GFGCC listed as "good." Serving size is 1/2 cup.

Marianna
01-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Evening everyone... well I could actually say morning as it is after midnight!

I am just sitting here waiting for my husband to get home. He and a friend are having a boys night ;) Trust me when I say that it will be very behaved... they aren't that sort of guys. This is the first time in over a decade that he has actually organised a night to himself... I am so glad that he is doing it.

But I am soooooo bored :kickcan: So I will just be trolling the boards....

Hope you are all having a great day.

amb_lyn
01-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone~

Lots of you all up & at 'em this morning. Well, worked last night at the restaurant, and I was good!! I had pizza but didn't eat any of the crust. It was sooo goooooood!! I served so much of it last night, along with beer, I just couldn't resist. But, no crust for me!! YAY!! I had every intention on a salad though, but it's ok, I had a salad for lunch. Stepped on the scale this morning, and it's not budging. *Sigh* I have lost some inches in hips/abdomen so I guess I'll be satisfied with that. For now.....

Not much planned today..Housework, baby is trying to cut 2 bottom teeth and he's not a happy camper so today could be a very long day. Not sure what to make for dinner yet, guess I need to come up with something quick. I did try the stuffed pork chops the other night and those were so good. My family enjoyed them as well.

Well, baby is starting to scream at me..time for more Orajel and Motrin. I'll check back in later. Have a FANTASTIC OP Day!!

chipper15173
01-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Sil--- is that a Yorky or Silky your holding?? I have an 7 month old Silky. His ears never stood up. Someone told me that I should have shaved his ears while he was teething. They didn't stand because of weak ears through breeding. His mommy is papered, but, daddy wasn't but, was a purebred. So, I only paid 280 for him which was real good. These dogs are expensive. Mines name is Scooter. Should have called him little monster.:)

Barb0522
01-21-2005, 10:46 AM
More tiling for me today. We moved the video cabinets so I have that section left and we tore out the bad looking cheap wooden floor from the entryway so I have to get it prepped. Then derby trials tonight. I'm debating whether to go do another Pilates class today. I have gotten so much more flexible and toned but I am a bit sore.

I'll post separately about my cholesterol results. :)

RNMOM
01-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Just a quickie this AM, I'm at work....again, co-worker called in sick and I happened to be dumb enough to answer the phone. I have such a hard time saying no. (obviously by the weight and inability to say "no" to yummy food).

Hope all is well with everyone. Looking forward to the last day of phase 1. I'll be working out after I get off work at 2:00, then hopefully take in a movie tonight with celery snuck in my purse to munch on!

You all have a great Friday and behave! (especially you Ellis! :D )

ellis
01-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Sil--- is that a Yorky or Silky your holding??
It's an alien. Fully grown. The hairy species.

BonnieJ
01-21-2005, 11:06 AM
I am so so excited!

Hello, I am new to the group and new to South Beach Diet. I posted a message a few days ago about not losing any weight in 9 days on Phase1. I received some thoughtful replies THANK YOU.

I followed the advice; no protein shakes, more veggies, and a little more food.

TADA! I have lost three pounds. I know it isn't as much as most people do on Pahse 1 but just to see the scale move down at this point is really a joy. I am going to continue on Phase 1 now that I know what I was doing wrong.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I love reading all you guys have to say to one another. You are a great group of people.

ellis
01-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Bonnie, that is WONDERFUL news!! Congratulations, girl!! :hat:

beachgal
01-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Abroad, what a great summary! I'm so sorry that you are dealing with TOM and an away DH! Mine will be gone a week from Monday for a week...and he's going to Arizona while I'll be here in Icy-Freezing NY! ;) Maybe you can rent a movie or do an all day shopping trip? Something girly that you wouldn't do around your DH. Some SSB, a la Sex in the City! ;) The risotto sounds delicious...want to post a recipe when you figure it out?

Mama, You might have the right of it, but in reading I found that barley, unlike other grains, has fiber even in the pearl (the part left after you polish the husk away), so it has much more fiber than white rice. I checked the GFGCG and it lists pearl barley as Good. :D But good instinct, Mama...most other things would be that way! So sorry about BIL. I say it's time to make it hard for him to live there...make it an easy decision for him to move out! :devil: Does he pay rent? Maybe he should start! He's definitely overstayed his welcome and he obviously feels comfortable enough to be snarky. That means it's time for the boot!!! :mad:

Ruth, poor Hersh! Every dog I've known took about a week to get over their spay, but they are usually younger than Hershey. It takes longer if they pick at the scar. It's one of those surgeries that is much easier for the male. :rolleyes: The blackberries sound delicious! You go ahead and hoard your food, Ruth! You need to be healthy and well to take care of your DH, so it's really good for him in the end. :D I know what you mean...I take my eggs out of the carton so it's balanced. It really irritates me when DH takes out all of them at one end and it practically tips over when I take it out. Guess fights over the toothpaste tube are not all a couple has! ;)

Geekchick, cross country skiing sounds amazing! I'd love to try it, but we never seem to get enough snow when I'm free. Such great exercise and awesome that you did it as a family! Don't worry about bingeing on carbs right now...I spent two weeks eating absolutely everything I was afraid I would miss before I started SBD, and it made the going so much easier! I didn't crave much of anything because I had it the week before, you know? I say go for it. :D That way you won't feel deprived. Plus, when you get through the headache period and come out the other side, you'll realize how much better you feel from when you were eating that stuff and it'll reinforce your determination to eat healthy for you and your kiddos (both present and future). :D

Cottage, don't fall into the habit of regretting the past...just work on the present and affect the future. You'll lose those last 16 pounds before you know it!!! :cheer: Have fun this afternoon...the nap sounds great!

Chipper, I know how frustrating it can be to have that pound keep playing "peek-a-boo"...it's been happening to me for two months! :rolleyes: But do give whatever you've tried a week to take effect. So if you added one starch, stick with it for a week. Then try something different if you want, but try that for a week. Also, think about varying your exercise. That can really help! :D

Bamie, no regrets...you are halfway there!!! :cheer: That is so great!!! Have a nice weekend...will you be doing some SSB too...girl movies, food DH doesn't like, pedicure, etc? ;)

Sil, SO good to see you! :grouphug: Hope you can share some pics of your remodel when it's finished (hint, hint...) I want to drool over your kitchen! :D

Hi, Artemis! My DH is the same. :) No bad boy there...

Amb_lyn, good going on staying away from food last night! Just an FYI, the sauce often has sugar in it, so you really would do best to not eat any of the pizza or make your own and bring it along. I found a great frozen pizza made by "Amy's Organic" that has a whole wheat crust with pesto instead of red sauce. That would be easy to heat up at the restaurant or at home and bring with. :) Good luck with the teething youngun'!

Barb, good luck with the tiling...what color tile and grout are you doing? Congrats on the BP going down and on your cholesterol results...I'm sure they are fantastic! Have you thought about sending your success story into the SBD website? I bet they would use it!!!

RN, you are a sweetie! I have trouble saying "No" too. :rolleyes: Have a great evening...it sounds fantastic! What movie will you see?

Ellis, you are in one silly mood this week. :lol3: Love you, girl! :grouphug:

Bonnie, welcome! So glad you got the help you needed and CONGRATULATIONS on the loss! :hat: That is great work!

Me:
Well, no cheesecake yesterday and I did go to Jazzercise, which felt great! I was feeling uncoordinated and just overall down, but one of the ladies asked me between songs if I'd lost weight. She said she could tell. Afterwards, several of them came up to me to ask about my weightloss. It made me feel like a million bucks. God was obviously watching out for me. :goodvibes: I didn't get to the gym this morning, DH had the alarm set too late. But that was okay...at least it wasn't me who made that decision. I'll do my Pilates at home tomorrow and make sure DH knows I need to wake up by 5:45 on Monday. I know I can do this. :strong:

Scale fell a pound in response, but I'm still at 221.5. Lots of work to do this weekend...drinking water and no cheesecake!

Homework to do this weekend...some research at the library. Hoping to fit in some fun with DH too. :) I really love being married!

Have a great weekend, chickies! :cool:

Barb0522
01-21-2005, 12:02 PM
We're using a good quality vinyl peel and stick tile. The living rooms, dining room and hall are in this that my son picked out (we love blue) http://www.armstrong.com/restilena/prod_detail.jsp?itemId=67207 and, for the entryway, we chose a slate grey which is not on the website for some reason.

I've never thought about sending my success story. Maybe when I reach goal but I still have a ways to go. So many others have lost more than I have that I don't think my story is very special.

ellis
01-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Laurie, good going, girl! :hat: Remember those compliments every time you feel a binge coming on... :grouphug:

HunnyBee
01-21-2005, 12:30 PM
HI Guys!!!

Today is Day 12! I am looking forward to ending my PH1 and I have done good so far. I think I need to decrease my fat. My Fitday graph always shows more fat than Protein and it's killing me... :idea: so I think I need to beef up the veggies. Will see!--then I can come in closer to 10lb weight loss by end of PH1. I am wearing a suit today that I haven't been able to wear in months bc it was TOO TOO tight. Now it fits a slight snug but nothing like "rubberband" tight.

:strong: I have been doing the FIRM for a week now and it's an incredible workout. I tend to do what's easy on a workout instead of pushing myself so this workout makes me push myself. I love it! Weights and Cardio so I getting fat blasting and Cardio all at once. (sort of)

Ruth, I love books on CD. I have "read" bunches. I love the Nora Roberts Key Series, it's fantasy but easy to understand and not too mushy.

Going to :mcd: for lunch with my Mentor. So I am not sure what Im going to have but some kind of salad...

StephiePoo
01-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Woo hoo it's finally Friday! It has seemed like such a long week! I have had a ton of homework already! I graduate in a year and can't wait. Then I'll be a teacher!
I have stayed OP all week, very good! My brothers puppy is getting spayed today.

No big plans for the weekend. Tonight my bf and I are having a "get together" at our apartment. I am still on phase 1 so I have to be strong and not drink any alcohol, or eat anything bad.

Those of you who are members at curves, do you like it, and do you see results? My mom joined and I am thinking about joining as well. She joined on Monday and has gone everyday since then. I do have a free gym membership at my college, but I don't have anyone to go with, so I don't really go often.

anchor weight
01-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi all!

This is just a drive by for me too. We are getting very close to the fundraiser for the soup kitchen and I'm swamped! Sorry I was MIA yesterday but at least I was OP! :lol: I've decided to go out with cutie pie tonight so I'll let you know how that goes. I have to work at the nursing home all weekend again :p not like I don't have enough to do. Stay OP!

StephiePoo
01-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Hunnybee,
What is the FIRM? I need to start worknig out more. I used to do chicometrics and saw some results. I think im going to start that again. I just feel like I have no time. I go to school all day, times that I don't have class I am at the elementary school doing my field work then I get out and go to WORK! By the time I get home it's late and I'm exhausted and I cook dinner, clean or relax, then go to bed!

Bamiegurl
01-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Oh Anchor you better go girl! I was wonderin where you were. Now we know you've been on the phone with hot thang makin plans! lol I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Laurie... It will be a "Gurl's" W-end. DS is with his dad so me and DD will be hangin with my Mom. She has been sick as well so I will probably get some movies and we'll hang at her house. I need to get packin!

Barb.. I hope your tile works out for you. That is what I am taking up in my kitchen because it slid apart and dirt got in the seams and you can't get it out. They also put it in all 3 bathrooms and it is doing the same thing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for yours. I hope you have on knee pads while you are doin all of this. Good luck at the derby tomorrow! Tell DS we are rootin for him!

Sil... Good to see you back!

Ellis.. What is ur kitchen status? You have not updated us since the mice took over! lol

Well I'm outta here. I'll try to check in while at Mom's but time slips away there! lol

Ruthxxx
01-21-2005, 02:12 PM
I've decided to go out with cutie pie tonight so I'll let you know how that goes.

You'd darn well better come back and tell us about it! Work is no excuse!

Barb0522
01-21-2005, 02:13 PM
I think the tile will be okay. We've had it in the hall and a couple of other rooms for almost a year now and it looks good as new. I think one key is to get each tile laid as tight as possible to the next one. Also making sure the floor is totally flat and clean, all holes/cracks patched and that you use a good primer. I also don't think I would put it in a room where the floor gets wet all the time although the vinyl sheet in our bathroom is peeling up so I will have to do something there eventually. Any suggestions on the best flooring for a bathroom?

kissyjoy
01-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Good Morning!

I was thinking about all of you this morning as I was on my elliptical since it was 6:00am here. I was thinking that there were already 10 post by that time and I was just getting my day started. I'm happy I got another 40 minutes in. Now if I can just get up and do it on Saturday :p . I'm going to try!

Not much happening here today. I'm working on a wedding at The Bacara in Santa Barbara (where Britney Spears was supposed to get married) going through their contracts. That's one pricey place! For 200 people (food and room only) the price is $36,000. :yikes: Crazy! Then, at some point, I need to go by Target and pick up a bunch of pink Valentine candy for our bridal show on Sunday (please send me the strength to not eat chocolate!!!!). Tomorrow I think I'll do something with my sister and nephew since DH will be at a video game tournament. Either that or I'll get all my grocery shopping done. Then, hopefully on Monday, the scale will move in my favor. Last week it didn't budge.

I've gotten interrupted several times while typing this so I better go. My mortgage guy keeps calling because my loan has been approved for the refi. I'm excited because we are going to be remodeling the kitchen and scraping the cottage cheese off the ceilings in the house. We're also putting in some recessed lighting and recessed speakers (DH is an electrician).

Hope you all have a great day! :)

2BFIT1
01-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Wow, page 3 already!! I wish that I could post to everybody like Laurie does but I am a 2 finger typist and it would take forever (but I do read all the posts).

Laurie~ Good to see you, too! FYI, you can see some of my kitchen pics at http://www.picturetrail.com/silbar .

Barb~~I feel for you, girl. I just finished laying and grouting the tile in the kitchen. Thank God for knee pads, heating pads and Alieve.
A hot bath and a glass of wine always helps, too :cheers:

Chipper~~Yes, that is my sweet Shelby who is a 10 yr old Yorkie. I love her to death and she is spoiled. She acts so much like a person that it's uncanny.

Ellis~~You hurt Shelby's feelings calling her an alien (but she forgives you).

Bonnie~~Congrats on the weight loss :cp:

Ruthxxx
01-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey, SIL, check out the post in FAQ about fixing the paging problem. You can display 40 posts then.

Bamiegurl
01-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Sil... I love the kitchen! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Barb you are right on about the flat surface and tight fit. I don't think they were much on perfection in the least! There are some other "home improvment" projects they did that are a lil less than perfect! lol!

Ok I'm packed and off to load the van. See y'all chicks later! Oh btw they are callin for SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

ellis
01-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Ellis~~You hurt Shelby's feelings calling her an alien (but she forgives you).

Oh, you know I think your little furball is a sweetie. :D
It makes me sick the way you started your kitchen after we started ours, and then plunged ahead. Sick. :lol3:
It's absolutely beautiful, darling. You owe me an email.

Bamie, for goodness sakes, drive carefully, sweetie! :grouphug: I hope your mom gets better soon!

Kissy, that's so exciting about your kitchen! (you'd better not be finished it before we're finished ours... I will NOT be happy! :rofl: )

Barb, nice tiles! :yes: We have to redo our attic bathroom floor. It has those little 1 by 1 inch tiles on it right now (we had a leak, and some came off). They're a real b*tch to get off... I've bought some leveler, and am just going to level the floor and throw some lino down for now. Until we win the lottery, and then I'll get some handywoman/man in to put down something snazzy.
Marble.

Anchor, have a great time with cutie pie! We want to hear ALL about it! :D

A broad, could you please start the thread like that every day so we'll know exactly what's going on?! :D

Cottage, TEN INCHES!! HOLY!! That's just not right.

I have lost THREE POUNDS this week!! :dance: One more pound and I'll be at my pre-Christmas weight! :rolleyes:
The furnace has been running non-stop today. For your pleasure, it is -26F right now. That's up about 10 degrees from this morning. I can't even imagine what it's like up north. shudder.
I'm not exactly sure what my parents were thinking when they moved us here from England.

beachgal
01-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Sil, your kitchen is breathtaking! What a major undertaking that must have been, but so worth it in the end. Wow!!! <drool>

2BFIT1
01-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Ellis~~~Congrats on the weight loss this week !!!!!!!!!

kissyjoy
01-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Ellis-

When did you start your kitchen? I'll try to make sure that mine gets finished a day after yours....but I can't promise you anything!

HunnyBee
01-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Stephi Poo

The FIRM Is a group of Exercise Videos/DVDS. I got the ones with the FIRM step and 3 DVDS that have muscle sculpting and Cardio all mixed in.. they are kinda long tho. 50 minutes for the muscle sculpting and Cardio. The Cardio is a step workout for about 35 mins... I love it tho!

I got my FIRM set at Wally World for 58.00 INcluded 3 DVDs and my Step. NOt bad... Hope this answers your Qs...

cottagebythesea
01-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Sil, Your kitchen is a dream, thanks for showing it! Glad you're back, too.

Stephi Poo, I joined Curves last May, and I enjoy it. I really really really hate exercising, but we have a lot of fun and the time goes by quickly.

Ellis, NOW they're saying we could get 12" or more! Like they say, "Be careful what you wish for!" BTW, congratulations on losing 3lbs this week!!!!!!

nicweb
01-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Hi All,

My name is Nikki, I am going to start on SBD on Monday. I tried Atkins once but this seems much more rounded. I need the support though. Hubby is great but he doesn't get what I am going through. He is 6'2 and 170. Then there is little ol me 5'4 and 230.

I am excited to start. I was doing WW but I tend to get loaded down with the sugars and bad carbs, stay within my points and get nowhere.

DH is out of town this weekend so it is me and the kids. I will be cleaning out the kitchen of all his goodies. :devil:

Stephi Poo, I go to curves and I love it!! I have been going since July and lost 15"; 5 lbs and 3% body fat w/o dieting. I can't wait to see what will happen when I start SB.

Hope to chat w/yall soon.

Nikki