South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 09:46 AM   #16  

More tiling for me today. We moved the video cabinets so I have that section left and we tore out the bad looking cheap wooden floor from the entryway so I have to get it prepped. Then derby trials tonight. I'm debating whether to go do another Pilates class today. I have gotten so much more flexible and toned but I am a bit sore.

I'll post separately about my cholesterol results.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:48 AM   #17  
RNMOM

Default Morning

Just a quickie this AM, I'm at work....again, co-worker called in sick and I happened to be dumb enough to answer the phone. I have such a hard time saying no. (obviously by the weight and inability to say "no" to yummy food).

Hope all is well with everyone. Looking forward to the last day of phase 1. I'll be working out after I get off work at 2:00, then hopefully take in a movie tonight with celery snuck in my purse to munch on!

You all have a great Friday and behave! (especially you Ellis! )
Old 01-21-2005, 10:03 AM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper15173
Sil--- is that a Yorky or Silky your holding??
It's an alien. Fully grown. The hairy species.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:06 AM   #19  

Smile Yipee! Yippee!

I am so so excited!

Hello, I am new to the group and new to South Beach Diet. I posted a message a few days ago about not losing any weight in 9 days on Phase1. I received some thoughtful replies THANK YOU.

I followed the advice; no protein shakes, more veggies, and a little more food.

TADA! I have lost three pounds. I know it isn't as much as most people do on Pahse 1 but just to see the scale move down at this point is really a joy. I am going to continue on Phase 1 now that I know what I was doing wrong.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I love reading all you guys have to say to one another. You are a great group of people.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:09 AM   #20  

Bonnie, that is WONDERFUL news!! Congratulations, girl!!
Old 01-21-2005, 10:43 AM   #21  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Abroad, what a great summary! I'm so sorry that you are dealing with TOM and an away DH! Mine will be gone a week from Monday for a week...and he's going to Arizona while I'll be here in Icy-Freezing NY! Maybe you can rent a movie or do an all day shopping trip? Something girly that you wouldn't do around your DH. Some SSB, a la Sex in the City! The risotto sounds delicious...want to post a recipe when you figure it out?

Mama, You might have the right of it, but in reading I found that barley, unlike other grains, has fiber even in the pearl (the part left after you polish the husk away), so it has much more fiber than white rice. I checked the GFGCG and it lists pearl barley as Good. But good instinct, Mama...most other things would be that way! So sorry about BIL. I say it's time to make it hard for him to live there...make it an easy decision for him to move out! Does he pay rent? Maybe he should start! He's definitely overstayed his welcome and he obviously feels comfortable enough to be snarky. That means it's time for the boot!!!

Ruth, poor Hersh! Every dog I've known took about a week to get over their spay, but they are usually younger than Hershey. It takes longer if they pick at the scar. It's one of those surgeries that is much easier for the male. The blackberries sound delicious! You go ahead and hoard your food, Ruth! You need to be healthy and well to take care of your DH, so it's really good for him in the end. I know what you mean...I take my eggs out of the carton so it's balanced. It really irritates me when DH takes out all of them at one end and it practically tips over when I take it out. Guess fights over the toothpaste tube are not all a couple has!

Geekchick, cross country skiing sounds amazing! I'd love to try it, but we never seem to get enough snow when I'm free. Such great exercise and awesome that you did it as a family! Don't worry about bingeing on carbs right now...I spent two weeks eating absolutely everything I was afraid I would miss before I started SBD, and it made the going so much easier! I didn't crave much of anything because I had it the week before, you know? I say go for it. That way you won't feel deprived. Plus, when you get through the headache period and come out the other side, you'll realize how much better you feel from when you were eating that stuff and it'll reinforce your determination to eat healthy for you and your kiddos (both present and future).

Cottage, don't fall into the habit of regretting the past...just work on the present and affect the future. You'll lose those last 16 pounds before you know it!!! Have fun this afternoon...the nap sounds great!

Chipper, I know how frustrating it can be to have that pound keep playing "peek-a-boo"...it's been happening to me for two months! But do give whatever you've tried a week to take effect. So if you added one starch, stick with it for a week. Then try something different if you want, but try that for a week. Also, think about varying your exercise. That can really help!

Bamie, no regrets...you are halfway there!!! That is so great!!! Have a nice weekend...will you be doing some SSB too...girl movies, food DH doesn't like, pedicure, etc?

Sil, SO good to see you! Hope you can share some pics of your remodel when it's finished (hint, hint...) I want to drool over your kitchen!

Hi, Artemis! My DH is the same. No bad boy there...

Amb_lyn, good going on staying away from food last night! Just an FYI, the sauce often has sugar in it, so you really would do best to not eat any of the pizza or make your own and bring it along. I found a great frozen pizza made by "Amy's Organic" that has a whole wheat crust with pesto instead of red sauce. That would be easy to heat up at the restaurant or at home and bring with. Good luck with the teething youngun'!

Barb, good luck with the tiling...what color tile and grout are you doing? Congrats on the BP going down and on your cholesterol results...I'm sure they are fantastic! Have you thought about sending your success story into the SBD website? I bet they would use it!!!

RN, you are a sweetie! I have trouble saying "No" too. Have a great evening...it sounds fantastic! What movie will you see?

Ellis, you are in one silly mood this week. Love you, girl!

Bonnie, welcome! So glad you got the help you needed and CONGRATULATIONS on the loss! That is great work!

Me:
Well, no cheesecake yesterday and I did go to Jazzercise, which felt great! I was feeling uncoordinated and just overall down, but one of the ladies asked me between songs if I'd lost weight. She said she could tell. Afterwards, several of them came up to me to ask about my weightloss. It made me feel like a million bucks. God was obviously watching out for me. : I didn't get to the gym this morning, DH had the alarm set too late. But that was okay...at least it wasn't me who made that decision. I'll do my Pilates at home tomorrow and make sure DH knows I need to wake up by 5:45 on Monday. I know I can do this.

Scale fell a pound in response, but I'm still at 221.5. Lots of work to do this weekend...drinking water and no cheesecake!

Homework to do this weekend...some research at the library. Hoping to fit in some fun with DH too. I really love being married!

Have a great weekend, chickies!
Old 01-21-2005, 11:02 AM   #22  

We're using a good quality vinyl peel and stick tile. The living rooms, dining room and hall are in this that my son picked out (we love blue) http://www.armstrong.com/restilena/p...p?itemId=67207 and, for the entryway, we chose a slate grey which is not on the website for some reason.

I've never thought about sending my success story. Maybe when I reach goal but I still have a ways to go. So many others have lost more than I have that I don't think my story is very special.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:18 AM   #23  

Laurie, good going, girl! Remember those compliments every time you feel a binge coming on...
Old 01-21-2005, 11:30 AM   #24  
buzz buzz buzzin along

HI Guys!!!

Today is Day 12! I am looking forward to ending my PH1 and I have done good so far. I think I need to decrease my fat. My Fitday graph always shows more fat than Protein and it's killing me... so I think I need to beef up the veggies. Will see!--then I can come in closer to 10lb weight loss by end of PH1. I am wearing a suit today that I haven't been able to wear in months bc it was TOO TOO tight. Now it fits a slight snug but nothing like "rubberband" tight.

I have been doing the FIRM for a week now and it's an incredible workout. I tend to do what's easy on a workout instead of pushing myself so this workout makes me push myself. I love it! Weights and Cardio so I getting fat blasting and Cardio all at once. (sort of)

Ruth, I love books on CD. I have "read" bunches. I love the Nora Roberts Key Series, it's fantasy but easy to understand and not too mushy.

Going to for lunch with my Mentor. So I am not sure what Im going to have but some kind of salad...
Old 01-21-2005, 12:16 PM   #25  

Woo hoo it's finally Friday! It has seemed like such a long week! I have had a ton of homework already! I graduate in a year and can't wait. Then I'll be a teacher!
I have stayed OP all week, very good! My brothers puppy is getting spayed today.

No big plans for the weekend. Tonight my bf and I are having a "get together" at our apartment. I am still on phase 1 so I have to be strong and not drink any alcohol, or eat anything bad.

Those of you who are members at curves, do you like it, and do you see results? My mom joined and I am thinking about joining as well. She joined on Monday and has gone everyday since then. I do have a free gym membership at my college, but I don't have anyone to go with, so I don't really go often.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:26 PM   #26  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi all!

This is just a drive by for me too. We are getting very close to the fundraiser for the soup kitchen and I'm swamped! Sorry I was MIA yesterday but at least I was OP! I've decided to go out with cutie pie tonight so I'll let you know how that goes. I have to work at the nursing home all weekend again not like I don't have enough to do. Stay OP!
Old 01-21-2005, 12:27 PM   #27  

Hunnybee,
What is the FIRM? I need to start worknig out more. I used to do chicometrics and saw some results. I think im going to start that again. I just feel like I have no time. I go to school all day, times that I don't have class I am at the elementary school doing my field work then I get out and go to WORK! By the time I get home it's late and I'm exhausted and I cook dinner, clean or relax, then go to bed!
Old 01-21-2005, 01:04 PM   #28  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh Anchor you better go girl! I was wonderin where you were. Now we know you've been on the phone with hot thang makin plans! lol I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Laurie... It will be a "Gurl's" W-end. DS is with his dad so me and DD will be hangin with my Mom. She has been sick as well so I will probably get some movies and we'll hang at her house. I need to get packin!

Barb.. I hope your tile works out for you. That is what I am taking up in my kitchen because it slid apart and dirt got in the seams and you can't get it out. They also put it in all 3 bathrooms and it is doing the same thing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for yours. I hope you have on knee pads while you are doin all of this. Good luck at the derby tomorrow! Tell DS we are rootin for him!

Sil... Good to see you back!

Ellis.. What is ur kitchen status? You have not updated us since the mice took over! lol

Well I'm outta here. I'll try to check in while at Mom's but time slips away there! lol
Old 01-21-2005, 01:12 PM   #29  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchor weight
I've decided to go out with cutie pie tonight so I'll let you know how that goes.
You'd darn well better come back and tell us about it! Work is no excuse!
Old 01-21-2005, 01:13 PM   #30  

I think the tile will be okay. We've had it in the hall and a couple of other rooms for almost a year now and it looks good as new. I think one key is to get each tile laid as tight as possible to the next one. Also making sure the floor is totally flat and clean, all holes/cracks patched and that you use a good primer. I also don't think I would put it in a room where the floor gets wet all the time although the vinyl sheet in our bathroom is peeling up so I will have to do something there eventually. Any suggestions on the best flooring for a bathroom?
Closed Thread