Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-07-2004, 07:58 PM   #1  

Default Weekly thread: Dec 5 Check-in

Hey ladies

Thought I'd give Chris a little hand in getting this week's thread going.
I know everybody is probably busy right now as it's the Christmas season, but I also know this can be one of the hardest times of the year for those with eating disorders, so it's important to check in with each other, and with ourselves whenever we can.

So far today I've gotten nothing done - no big surprise there, but I did get myself dressed and did my face, and got Chloe ready as well. We're headed out for a fish and chips dinner tonight so I am going to sit on my hands and wish for myself the strength to not b/p. So far today I've done well... ate a delish bowl of spaghetti sauce so I'm feeling optimisitc today. Ignoring those taunting whispers, "You're getting faaaaaaaaaattttt!!!". :P

I know tonight will be another late night, what with my sleeping patterns being completely out of whack so hopefully I'll be able to get a little house work done.

How is everybody else's week going so far?

Cheers,
silly

Last edited by silly; 08-19-2007 at 02:55 PM.
silly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #2  

Hey girls! I never imagined that I would be busy, well I guess to others it would be slow to them. Maybe I'm slowly getting back to my so called normal/past life, or I'm slowly forgetting about this stupid disease. Holidays do suck because of the good food and spirits, that "freedom" you encounter when your around your loved ones. I'm still hanging in there, despite having to hear 100 people a day say that I've lost more weight and "You look good!" Brings back terrible memories and instigates this disorder even more. But I'm fighting it and still eating... just not enough. LOL
Dietrie-How's the weather in Canada? Here in West Virginia, it's raining daily and slowly turning into snow.
Tracy, Kat, Chris-Are you guys doing ok? Blade 3 comes out tommorow, are you going to go see it Chris??
Much love to you all,
Vanessa
mugirl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:23 PM   #3  

Hi ladies,

My supervisor is back so my schedule goes back to normal. Yay!

Dietrie, thanks for starting the weekly thread.

Vanessa, I am going to see Blade 3 tomorrow. My friend all ready saw it and said it was the weakest of the 3 - but still some good fight scenes.

Have I mentioned my blood work results and that I am low on Estradiol. The doctor is putting me on Clomid. Blah. Giving it all over to HP (well, doing my best to ).

Have a great evening!
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:22 PM   #4  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hey Dietrie, Kat, Vanessa! I know, this time of year sucks for us. It's everywhere. I'm just trying to stick to my 3 meals a day and not deviate. HP preserve us.

I'll check in again later!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:44 PM   #5  

Well I am sick as a dog today... have no energy for nothing, spent the morning throwing up and sitting on the big white throne, and somehow managed to sleep most of the day away even with a 4 1/2 month old baby!

Vanessa, it's bleedin' cold here!! -20 degrees Celsius past couple days -- what with it being miserable cold outside and me being sick, I have hardly been smoking. Something to be greatful for I guess.

Kat - I have this sneaking suspicion, no, let's say terrible fear (lol) that I am pregnant again... so last night I prayed and sent my good fertility/baby makin vibes your way. I think the best part about trying to make babies is the process *winkwink* lol.

Tracy and Chris, look forward to hearing from you guys again when you get the chance.

ANd now I'm going to go climb under the covers on my couch and wallow in my misery.... Oh dear me, Chloe is screeching again..... Take care everyone!

silly

Last edited by silly; 08-19-2007 at 02:56 PM.
silly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:25 AM   #6  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Oh, Dietrie - I'm sorry you're sick! I hope it passes quickly. And I hope Chloe doesn't get it - could it be pregnancy? Yikes!

Kat - you mentioned you were concerned about the blood work, but I hadn't heard the final results. Good luck with the clomid.

I got some shopping done yesterday, but have more to do today, so I'm going to work in some yoga first, then clean up and head out. The weather here was wonderful yesterday - low seventies, but now it's supposed to be more seasonal.

Aww, man, I can smell cat sh!t. I better go see what's up.
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 03:45 PM   #7  
Searching

OMG I just loast the message I didn't have time to type in the first place.

I am really working my booty off for my recovery right now. I have so many tools and insights to share with ya'll. DBT is a wonderful addition to my tool box, plus my therapist is the bomb.

I got to go. Family therapy this afternoon,meeting, and then meet with my sponsor. But hey I am seeing the light on the horizon and I have had 4 peaceful days and no b/p

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:52 AM   #8  

Default Tgif

Dietrie, thanks for the vibes. How are you feeling? BFP??

Tracy, my doctor is putting me on Clomid for my next cycle since I have cycle length issues. And I am also low in an estrogen. I have an annual appointment on Monday so I hope they make it all a bit clearer for me. I am just glad they are being proactive since they coulkd easily laugh me off due to my age.

Chris, I hate it when my post is eaten. Happens a bit regularly on this board.

I have not been to a meeting in forever - due to my supervisor being gone, etc... (I go to morning meetings and sometime I need to be at work during those times). I am going to look in to some afternoon/evening meetings as well.

Have a great day!
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:10 PM   #9  

Hey girls! TGIF! First forecast of snow is for today, which it has been raining cats and dogs for the past two days.
Dietrie-I'm sorry your ill! "Sending wellness vibes your way, plus some peptobismol!"
Chris-I'm glad your recovery is going well and that your seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, isn't it beautiful?
Kat and Tracy-I hope everything works out for you Kat, you deserve to be blessed! Cat poop is totally not cool Tracy! But it's better than other kinds of poop right? LOL
God bless all of you!
Love ya
Vanessa
mugirl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote