Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 05:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1142

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Figured I would start a new thread, since I'm up so early this Monday morning. I have to go and get my physical done today for my new job! So, hopefully, I can start my training this week as well.

I hope I'll have a bit more time to be around here this week. Last week was just crazy!

Here's to a GOOD start this week for all of us!
Old 01-21-2008, 07:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good Monday Morning Peeps

Hope some of you have the day off the MLK day. If so enjoy it! For those of us who have to work - at least for me - it will be a bit quieter - no traffic, not much customer interaction as many of our major customers are also closed today. It will be a good catchup day for me hopefully.

Catherine - I do hope the nausea passes soon. I've never been pregnant but I cannot imagine constantly feeling like that. Hugs to you.

Everyone move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

See ya later,
Carol
Old 01-21-2008, 07:42 AM   #4  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday Morning everyone~

Just stopping by to wish you a good day!
Old 01-21-2008, 07:45 AM   #5  

Talking

Catherine - I didn’t know you where pregnant – congratulations! I hope the sickness passes soon for soon!

Debbie – I bought the popcorn from the supermarket, not sure if they sell it over there or not but it’s really popular here in the UK, it’s made by the Quakers brand!

Well I weighed in I was not looking forward to it today since I convinced myself my lack of exercise and dog walking last week would have done me more harm than good, but I lost another 5lbs! I am really pleased with that, 9lbs to do now till I am out of 300’s and just a 1lb till I hit losing 50lbs!

It’s spurred me on to keep going!

I joined the gym again so I can get back into swimming and also do some exercises on the bike and stuff since I can’t really buy a bike here for the house that would take my weight!

Have a good week, and lots of positive vibes for the week ahead!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:40 AM   #6  

Good morning all!

I've been reading posts and keeping up and doing replies telepathically. Everyone get my hugs and luv?!?! hehe.

I have today off. I don't know where my weekend went. I still haven't done laundry and regular chores, so that's what is going to be done today. I have given my animals lots of hugs and kisses. It's a few days before TOM and I'm feeling needy.

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkity
Old 01-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

Good Monday Morning all.. getting ready to start work shortly and have the kids home to boot. Going to be a crazy day!!

Catherine--I was sick my entire pregnancy for both children.. I lived by placing a toaster by my bed and eating dry toast it was the only way I could even get out of bed. I will get better

Moosegirl -- congrats on loosing weight.. getting out of the 300's is a good feeling.

Back to the soda issue...the diet coke with splenda seems to be working. I wish pepsi or drpepper made a drink with splenda because coke is my least favorite drink. It however is not making me sick. I am only drinking 1 drpepper and it seems to be working. Here is the soda story....when I was little I was very allergic to milk, so my mother use to joke that she put pepsi in my bottles. There are pictures of me with a bottle and brown liquid in it I can only assume it is no joke. I would rather drink soda than eat most days. So, in order to stay on track I am allowing myself 1 reg soda and unlimited diet coke with splenda. Hopefully, I will have more willpower as time goes on with this nasty addiction. It is a worst addiction than drugs because soda is cheap and easy to get.

Have a great monday!

Tina
Old 01-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!!

Wow, you people are posting mainiacs!! I have been lurking, mostly because I think my must be PMS'ing, and will freeze up when I try to post. It seems to happen later in the day, and being I have had some busy mornings lately, posting has not been an option.
TOM has finally peeked it's head out today, thank goodness!! I just wish it would either be regular or stop altogether. I think I have paid my dues, and am ready to be done with it.
I don't know if it's hormones or what, but I realized something yesterday. Even though I had a great time cuddling with Jack and Britney...I had the rare oppertunity to be completely alone for a while, and I don't like it. I was getting really antsy, and since it was 15 degrees out , I wasn't going anywhere. It made me realize that I depend too much on my kids and Doug to make me whole. What if when they are gone and (god forbid) anything happened to Doug...I would really be alone. Scared the crap out of me. What the **** would I do?? Go on and be miserable? Wind up eating myself to death?? Sheesh...so many profound thoughts!!! How can a person be lonely being by herself for only a few hours??? I think I need a new hobby!!!!!!

On a happier note...we are all off today, and I am dragging the kids to the stupidmarket,walmart, and then to lunch(or visa versa,depending when they get up)...I had to bribe them, or they wouldn't go!!

Have a Great OP Day!!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #9  
Johnnie

S/C/G: 390/291.8/??

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone

Catherine - Hope you pass the nausea phase soon. Like Heather I have not been pregnant, so I cannot offer any advice just my sympathy for you feeling so yuck.

Moosegirl - Congrats on your -5 lbs. You are doing well and soon will be joining those that have entered the 2s.

Rat - Yes I feel your hugs & love & let me return it

Babybear - Keep taking those baby steps to rid yourself of that Dr Pepper addiction. It took me some time to move from sugared drinks to diet drinks to the point that I now drink only water except, of course, for my 2 cups of coffee in the morning and occasionally a Diet Coke or Diet Dr Pepper. I hope that with that unlimited Diet Coke with Splenda you are incorporating drinking plenty of water on a daily basis. Water is essential to our health and especially aiding in weight loss.

Donna - Perhaps you should start scheduling some "alone" time to become more comfortable with being alone. I've always maintained that you can be alone without being lonely. However, that thought can be a disadvantage to me because I tend to be kind of a loner, bordering on reclusive sometimes. I'm trying to do the opposite from you and interact and socialize with people more often. Have a great time with the kids today!

Today I'm comfortably, dare I say loosely, wearing a size 4X top & 26/28 pants, down from 5X and 30/32. Great NSV for me to the first layer in the drawer of sizes I couldn't wear 6 months ago. Heading for the next layer now!

Everyone have a great OP day & keep drinking that water.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #10  
Johnnie

Moosegirl - Forgot to say I love your new avatar. You are a beautiful young lady.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

argh, the stupid scale is not right this morning. It gave me two different things, both a bit higher than yesterday and I don't think there's any way I could have gained. I did my workout out yesterday and I moved around alot. I worked my abs while making dinner even.

I really need to get some money and buy a new one
Last time I went to Walmart, I looked at the scales but I'm afraid of buying one and having the same issue again, plus I don't want to get the super expensive ones either. What a crappy way to start the day.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #12  

good morning everyone i am still lurking around here! not feeling well today as i have a touch of a virus but am still doing some time on my gazelle. still dont know when i will string all my time on it together.. maybe after i shake this stomach bug off!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Sorry I didn't post much last week and that I don't have time to do a long post right now. I just wanted to let you know I'm still around and still OP. I lost another 2 lbs so I'm pretty happy about that. I'm trying my best to catch up on a lot of emails I owe people. I email like my normal posts here, I say a LOT lol so it takes a while to catch up. I promise when I finally have an empty inbox I'll be back to write some personals. Until then take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #14  
Johnnie

heather_dw - Please, please stay off the scale and quit weighing obsessively. Give them to DH to hide and only have him get them out once a week or at the most take a baby step and only weigh every 3rd or 4th day, not every day. You can fluctuate up or down on any day, no matter what you did yesterday or today. It could be water retention, hormones or any number of things. I just think if you are staying OP and exercising you will show a loss at the end of a week. Then your spirit will be lifted and hopefully prevent that crappy start of the day feeling. That crappy feeling can really erode any eating plan, so you may be unconsciously setting yourself up for failure just by getting on that scale every day. Put that weigh in this morning behind you and smile. It's a beautiful day
Old 01-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

I guess it's hard *not* to mess with the scale sometimes because I just want to see results so bad. I'm such a brat. Hubby has threatened to throw it out altogether..lol
Closed Thread