Simply Filling and Core Recipes - CORE Desserts

View Full Version : CORE Desserts

aghiowa
11-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Here's where we can put desserts, fruit dishes, anything yummy!

aghiowa
11-14-2004, 07:53 PM
This is my absolute favorite way to eat pumpkin and/or squash. Great for dessert, breakfast, whatever. Is basically pumpkin pie without the crust - try it for Thanksgiving!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pumpkin/Squash Custard

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups pumpkin or squash -- cooked and pureed
2/3 cup Splenda (use a little more if you're using squash)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 whole eggs
9 ounces fat free evaporated milk

Mix pumpkin/squash, Splenda, and spices.

Add eggs and beat lightly.

Carefully stir in milk thoroughly.

Bake at 350 for 50 minutes in a greased casserole dish.

Vickie
11-30-2004, 12:03 PM
I can not acknowledge the creator of this recipe since it was forwarded to me without identification. It was quite yummy and I can recommend it highly.

Lemon Meringue Cups

1 Small box sugar free lemon Jello
1 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar free/fat free lemon yogurt (count points)
3 packets of Splenda (I used 8 and thought it was still tart!)
1 Teaspoon lemon extract (I didn't use this and thought it was very lemony)

Dissolve Jello in the boiling water and let sit until it gets to room temperature. Before the Jello sets, stir in the Splenda and lemon extract. Fold in the yogurt and spoon into 4, 1/2 cup indidivudal servings. Cover and refrigerate. Tastes like the middle of a lemon meringue pie. Top with Fat Free Cool Whip.

You can make this with any flavor Jello and yogurt/extracts.

katymay
11-30-2004, 07:14 PM
16 oz. ff cottage cheese
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 large box of sf ff chocolate pudding
Mix milk and cottage cheese then add pudding dry mix.
Measure 1/2 cup out and add 1/2 cup ff cool whip.
All core and one point for ff cool whip.
Hope you like this. I eat it for breakfast sometimes.

aghiowa
12-30-2004, 04:10 PM
Fruit-Crusted Strawberry-Kiwi Banana Cream Pie

Core Recipe
Servings | 6
Preparation Time | 10 min
Cooking Time | 0 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy

The filling for this attractive pie is made thick with evaporated skim milk instead of regular skim milk. Present it to your guests whole and then serve it with a pretty pie slicer.

Ingredients

1 oz fat-free sugar-free instant banana pudding and pie filling mix
2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1 cups strawberries, thinly sliced
2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced

Instructions

Prepare pudding according to package directions but use fat-free evaporated milk instead of regular skim milk.

Cover bottom of a 9-inch glass pie plate with a layer of sliced strawberries.

Pour pudding on top of strawberries. Smooth pudding surface with a wooden spoon and garnish with remaining strawberries and with kiwi slices. Refrigerate pie for at least 2 hours. Slice into 6 pieces and serve

aghiowa
12-30-2004, 04:10 PM
Banana Baked Oatmeal

2 cups oatmeal dry
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup skim milk
½ cup Egg Beaters
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cups Splenda
2 medium bananas, mashed
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients, then mix in wet ingredients.
Pour into a sprayed 8” square pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min.
Cut into 6 pieces.

aghiowa
12-30-2004, 04:11 PM
I made this up last night because I was really wanting something sweet after dinner and plain fruit just wasn't cutting it. This really did it...the extra splenda really helps to kill the tangyness of the yogurt.

1/2c ff/sf plain yogurt
1/2 teas almond extract
2 packets splenda

aghiowa
12-30-2004, 04:12 PM
If you like the flavor of Italian Rum Cake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normally I would take Stella Dora Biscotti!

You would dip one end in milk and place in a baking dish. If you want you can do this, and count the points.

BUT if you are looking for CORE snacks!

Take sf/ff choc. fudge pudding and add 1/4 tsp of rum extract. Blend and let firm.

fill dessert cup and top with ff/ whip or cool whip.

It take just like the filling in a rum cake.

If you are going for the big dessert?

Spread the pudding mixture over the biscotti and then mix a box of vanilla sf/ff and pour that on top of the choc. pudding. Let stand.

Before serving, spread ff/cool whip over the top and sprinkle with slivered almonds.

Someone ambitious can figure out the points. I don't think it will be too to bad...most ingredients are fat free and sugar free. If you can score a low fat biscotti, you are all set!

aghiowa
12-30-2004, 04:13 PM
Oatmeal Core Muffins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These recipes are all over the internet, hope they are new for you.
I included the points if your are FLEX

Baked Oatmeal @ 2 points each serving or Core

2 cup uncooked oatmeal = 8 points
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp table salt
1 cup fat-free skim milk = 2 points
1/2 cup Egg Beaters = 2 points
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce = 1 point
1/4 cup Splenda ( I added more- 1/2C)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon ( I add more(at least 1T)or use apple pie spice)
Add banana or berries if you like,
my fellow WW girls add canned peaches!!

Preheat oven to 350* Combine wet ingredients and add dry ingredients.
Bake in sprayed 8" square pan for 35-45 minutes or in muffin tins for 20 minutes.
Keeps well in refrig. or freezer. It's good cold or warm.

aghiowa
12-30-2004, 04:13 PM
To take the 'bite' out of fat free plain yogurt add 1 tabl. of powdered dry non fat milk per cup of yogurt.

Vanilla Yogurt

1 cup plain f/f yogurt
1 tabl. dry non fat milk powder
1/4 tsp. vanilla
Splenda to taste

Use for any fruit salad dressing.

Flavor your plain f/f yogurt with dry jello flavors, straw, lime, lemon etc. Use a little at a time to get the consistencey that you want.

Or use s/f Crystal Light or s/f Kool Aid.

Ann

aghiowa
12-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Monkey Shake!!

I just made this and it really helps my sweet tooth!!!
*2 cups fat free milk
*1 ripe banana
*1 package (4-serving) JELL-O chocolate flavor sf ff instant pudding & pie
filling
*2 cups crushed ice

Mix all together into a blender on high speed for 15 seconds. Makes 4 servings.

I really like this!!!
~~~Melissa~~~

aghiowa
12-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Breakfast Smoothie

1 c. plain, FF yogurt
1 c. frozen strawberries
1 frozen banana
1 can crushed pineapple, chilled

Put everything in a blender or smoothie maker. I added a little SF vanilla syrup. This makes a lot.

aghiowa
12-30-2004, 04:16 PM
On the Core Support Board someone asked for my homemade chunky appleasauce recipe. I don't really have a "recipe" because my Mom was making homemade applesauce since I was a kid.

I use about 3 pounds Macintosh, Empire, or Jonathon apples peeled and cored. I usually don't cut them any smaller than how they come out cored. I place them in about a 3 quart pot with a cover and add about 3 tablespoons of cinnamon (this is to taste - sometimes I add alot more) and about a half cup splenda (sometimes the apples need more but I wait until it's done to add more). I also add about a 1/4 cup of water and then place under a small fire for about 15 minutes, covered. Then I stir it all up really good and turn the fire up a bit. This is the part where there is no recipe. You kinda have to watch them a bit. Sometimes apples cook faster, sometimes slower. Sometimes you have to add more splenda or water. Sometimes a 1/4 cup of water is too much by the end but you have to put it in the beginning or the apples will burn. It all depends how much juice the apples have. You'll see when you stir that the apples are starting to get mushy because they break up by themselves. I never use a masher because they cook enough for me. If there are any real big pieces left then I break them up with the spoon. When cooled, I put them in those little tupperware snack cups in the refrigerator. Then whenever I want fruit, I have a serving. We eat them with dinner (great with pork!) or sometimes I put a whole cup warmed up in my oatmeal. I recommend this highly. QVC has an apple peeler that is fabulous and cheap that I use all the time because it's quick too. Happy sauce!

aghiowa
12-30-2004, 04:17 PM
I got this recipe at my WW meeting. Tried and it is delicious.

1-2-3 Pumpkin Pudding
1 can (15 oz) Libby pumpkin (not the pie mix)
2 boxes sugar-free, fat-free Jell-o instant vanilla pudding
3 cups skim milk
nutmeg, cinnamon, or pumpkin pie spice to taste.

Whip, mix, or user a blender to combine all ingredients. Either put entire batch in one bowl and chill or set up individual bowls and chill before serving.

Core (count 1 milk)

1/2 cup serving = 1 point on Flex Plan

Servings = approximately 8 to 10

Enjoy!

23daisys
01-10-2005, 08:52 PM
This is an idea I found off another board and I tried it and it is yummy and filling.

Fat free sugar free pistachio pudding(prepared with fat free milk)
mixed with crushed pineapple.

YUM!

Vickie
01-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Core Lemon Cheese Cake - Posted by Sara and Gert Knute

1 box sugar free lemon Jello
1 cup hot water
16 ounces FF cottage cheese
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
2 pkg. splenda or to your likeness. (I used 1/4 cup!)

Blend jello with water, then cheese, then rest of ingredients, (mix everything in food processor or with hand mixer). Pour into 9" pie pan and refrigerate. Put stewed peaches over the pie. FF Cool whip can also be added but will need to count points.

aghiowa
01-13-2005, 07:23 PM
"milkshake" (ff milk mixed with some ff/sf pudding mix and splenda)

aghiowa
02-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Apple Berry Mock-Cobbler
2 apples, cored and diced (leave skin on)
1 or 1 1/2 c. frozen blackberries or berry melange (no sugar added)
3/4 c. steel cut oats
1/2 c. water
2 tsp. sunflower oil (or other Core healthy oil)
cooking spray

Spray a 9x9 or 9x11 baking dish. Place apples in dish. Add frozen berries. Sprinkle oats evenly over fruit. Drizzle with oil. Add water. Cover and bake at 400 for 20 min. Uncover and stir well to moisten the oats and blend all juices. Re-cover and continue baking until desired texture. The oats will form a yummy thick mixture with the juices from the fruit.

Serve with FF Cool Whip or use that frother!

aghiowa
02-27-2005, 08:09 AM
I made this rhubarb dessert too that tasted delicious from the spoon! I ran it through the recipe builder on the WW site and it only comes out to 1 point per serving if you divide the pie into 4 pieces! For any of you rhubarb lovers out there, here's the recipe if you want to try it! I found this recipe on lesleycooks.tripod.com.

Rhubarb Rumble
Points per serving: 1
Serves: 4

2 cups rhubarb
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 box SF strawberry jello
1 box FF/SF vanilla pudding
1/2 cup Fiber One cereal

Dice rhubarb and microwave in microwave safe bowl until soft and pureed, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir 1 box SF strawberry jello into rhubarb until completely dissolved and then chill. In separate bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups skim milk with 1 box FF/SF vanilla pudding. Use wire whip for 2 minutes and blend completely. Fold rhubarb mixture into pudding mixture and stir thoroughly. Slightly crush 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal and pour over bottom of pie plate to make a makeshift crust. Pour rhubarb/pudding mixture over the cereal and chill thoroughly. Add some Cool Whip if desired when served.

Deborah

brunellobabe
03-06-2005, 05:55 PM
When I want something creamy and sweet...

fat free ricotta
splenda
flavor of your choosing: extracts, pumpkin pie spice, etc.
yum!

aghiowa
03-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Baked Apple and Pear Slices

POINTS® Value | 3
Servings | 2
Preparation Time | 12 min
Cooking Time | 45 min

Like sweet snacks? Then you’ll love these baked fruit slices made from sugary-sweet pears and crisp apples.

Ingredients
2 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
2 medium pear(s), Bosc, halved, cored
2 medium apple(s), Gala, Red Delicious or Granny Smith, halved, cored
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 cup McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA (R) No Calorie Sweetener, or 2 tbsp
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Using a very sharp knife, or slicing blade of a food processor, slice pears and apples into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
3. Mix together cinnamon and Splenda in a small bowl. Place fruit slices in a single layer on baking sheets and sprinkle with cinnamon mixture. Bake, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking, until crisp and lightly browned, about 30 to 45 minutes. Yields 1 sliced pear and apple per serving.

aghiowa
03-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Spiced Baked Apples with Vanilla Sauce

POINTS® Value | 2
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 15 min
Cooking Time | 20 min

Dig your spoon into these sweet, juicy treats. Nothing beats them on a cold, blustery day.

Ingredients
4 medium apple(s), cored (use Granny Smith for tart flavor; use Gala for sweet flavor)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
12 tsp McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA (R) No Calorie Sweetener
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 oz fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
3/4 cup fat-free skim milk
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a vegetable peeler, peel a 1/2-inch horizontal strip around apples to help release juices during baking. Place apples in a 9 X 9-inch baking dish.
2. Combine cinnamon, ginger and Splenda in a small bowl. Place 1 tablespoon of cinnamon mixture in cored-out center of each apple, then sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture. Combine water and lemon juice in a cup. Pour liquid around apples.
3. Bake until apples are soft when pierced with a knife, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. Pour pudding mix into a medium bowl. Whisk in milk to make a fairly thin sauce. Place one apple on a plate and drizzle with sauce. Yields 1 apple and about a scant 1/2 cup of sauce per serving.

Vickie
03-09-2005, 06:17 AM
New Age Candy Apple

Ok Guys, here's a recipe to appeal to the sweet (I mean REALLY sweet) tooths that many of you have. My Niece found this and made it for me. I thought it would be gross but it was delicious. Here's a great way to get a fruit in and satisfy your craving for junk!

1 Medium Granny Smith Apple, peeled and cored
1/4 teaspoon SF Cherry Flavored Jello
2 Tablespoons Diet Cherry Soda
2 Tablespoons FF Cool Whip

Slice apple crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices; Place a layer of apples in a small microwavable bowl; sprinkle with gelatin. Stack another layer if necessary, but make sure you get Jello over the top of each layer. I actually think we used more than 1/4 teaspoon of Jello. Niece is not big on precise measuring but 1/4 teaspoon is what the recipe said. Pour cola over slices.

Cover loosely with waxed paper. Microwave at high power for 2 minutes or until liquid is boiling. Allow to stand, covered for 5 minutes.

This recipe works great with any crisp apple. A Jonathan apple will give a tart flavor, a Corland apple will give a sweet, tart flavor and a Red Delicious apple will give a sweet flavor. Choose your favorite apple and enjoy.

This recipe was tested in an 1100 watt microwave oven

Vickie
03-13-2005, 08:37 AM
Polenta Pudding with Blueberry Topping

1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup Splenda, divided
2 cups fat free milk
6 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
3/4 teaspoon lemon rind (we didn't use this)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine the blueberries and 1/4 cup Splenda in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover with wax paper; microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated and sugar dissolves, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes.

Combine 1/4 cup Splenda, milk, cornmeal, and lemon rind in a 2-quart glass measure; stir with a whisk.

Microwave at HIGH 7 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring every 2 minutes.
Stir in vanilla and salt. Serve with blueberry topping.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup pudding and about 3 tablespoons topping)

aghiowa
03-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Cream of Wheat Pudding

Description:
"quick and easy, something sweet"

Serving Ideas : Can be served hot or cold, as a breakfast or dessert.

Serving Size : 1

1 cup skim milk
3 tablespoons cream of wheat -- 3 minute kind
1 whole egg
1 splash vanilla
1 tablespoon sugar substitute -- Splenda

Spray saucepan with cooking spray; add milk and heat till just about boiling.

Be careful, as it will burn and stick to the bottom of the pan.

Add cream of wheat and stir with a whisk for about 2 min.

In a separate small bowl, combine egg, vanilla and Splenda.

Add egg mixture to the cream of wheat and cook 1 min longer or till thickened to your liking, and long enough for the egg to cook.

aghiowa
03-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Baked Coffee Custards

Description:
"Silky custard with a mild coffee flavor offers just the right finish
to a special meal."

NOTES : You can cover and chill the custards up to 4 hours before serving.

Serving Size : 4

4 whole eggs -- beaten
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/4 cup Splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
1 tablespoon hot water

In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Dissolve coffee crystals in hot water. Add coffee mixture to egg mixture. Beat until combined but not foamy.

Place four 6-ounce custard cups in a 2-quart square baking dish on an oven rack. Pour egg mixture into custard cups. Pour boiling water into the baking dish around custard cups to a depth of 1 inch. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25-35 min or till a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean.

Remove custard cups from water. To serve warm, cool slightly on a wire rack. To serve chilled, cool completely in custard cups; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

To unmold custards, loosen edges with a knife, slipping its point in between the custard and cup to let in air. Invert a dessert plate over each custard; turn custard cup and plate over togther.

aghiowa
04-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Rice Pudding

4 tbsp brown rice
2 1/2 cups ff milk ( you could use ff evaporated milk)
2 tbsp splenda
1 tsp cinnamon

Bake at 300c for 2-3 hours. Stir frequently only in the first hour.

I made this yesterday to make sure it would be ok with brown rice. My picky DH didn't notice the splenda or the brown rice. it didn't make as much as when I used white rice I may try 4 tbsp next time

Vickie
04-24-2005, 08:49 AM
This came from the 3FC WW recipe site. I'll be making it soon as an alternative to my chocolate banana smoothie. I'll be using Swiss Miss SF/FF hot chocolate mix instead of the extract and cocoa.

Chocolate Covered Cherrie Smoothie
Yield 1 serving / 3 pts

1 cup skim milk
2/3 c frozen black cherries
1 tsp chocolate extract
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Whirl all in a blender. Enjoy!

Vickie
04-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Here's another old 3FC WW recipe for Crustless Strawberry Pie!

24 ounces strawberries
1 2.1 oz package sugar-free cook and serve vanilla pudding
1 4 oz package sugar free strawberry flavored gelatin
2 cups water
fat free or light cool whip for garnish

1. Rinse and hull strawberries. Distribute evenly in a 10 inch pie pan.
2. In a medium saucepan combine pudding mix, jello, and water. Stir well and bring to a full boil. Pour mixture over strawberries and refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Top with whip cream and ENJOY!

aghiowa
04-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Almost like Uncooked Homemade Core Banana Pudding

2 small boxes of sf/ff banana creme or vanilla pudding
4 cups skim milk
1 cup (crushed) Kashi Heart to Heart cereal
2 bananas

Mix first two ingredients as directed on pudding boxes. In a trifle bowl (regular bowl would work too), pour 1/2 of pudding, sprinkle crushed cereal, slice bananas on top of crushed cereal, pour remaining pudding on top. YUMMY!

In my bowl tonight, I added and stirred in a dollup of ff cool whip for 1 pt. SO GOOD!!! My leader said that she considers the Kashi Heart to Heart cereal as core because it has 5 g (or less) of sugar, and high fiber. I thought this was an awesome way to add some fiber to the pudding and at the same time taste like vanilla wafers.

Vickie
05-06-2005, 09:24 AM
I haven't tried this one yet but I will be. It was sent to me by my Niece. I wonder if fresh strawberries could be used?

Creamy Strawberry Dessert

One 3 oz. pkg. sugar-free strawberry jello
One cup boiling water
One 10 oz. pkg. frozen unsweetened strawberries
Eight oz. unsweetened fat-free yogurt (I'd be tempted to use strawberry)
2-3 tbs. Splenda (depending on how sweet you want it)

Spray a 4 cup mold with non-stick cooking spray.

In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add the strawberries and stir until the strawberries thaw. Chill for 30 minutes or until thickened. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. Mix Splenda into yogurt and then fold yogurt into frothy mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared mold and chill for 1 1/2 hrs. or until firm.

CIN
05-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Watergate Salad ( Core Recipe)

1 package sf ff pistachio pudding
1 can drained crushed pineapples
1 32 oz container Plain Nonfat yogurt

Mix well...............beautiful green dessert/salad.............welcomed by all!

Even counts toward a milk & a fruit!

Vickie
05-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Ok...this is NOT a Core dessert but I'm sharing it because I made it for my birthday this year instead of a regular birthday cake. While not Core, it was a huge improvement over the points that I would have expended on cake (multiple pieces of cake!). This recipe is fabulous and even non-Weight Watchers love it. It stays in the refrigerator for up to a week. I make mine in a pyrex glass dish that has a snap on plastic cover.

Chocolate Eclair Icebox Dessert

22 1/2 sheets low-fat honey graham crackers (about 1 [14-ounce] box), divided
3 cups skim milk
2 (3.4-ounce) packages nonfat vanilla instant pudding mix
1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese
1 (8-ounce) tub frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping -- thawed
1/4 cup skim milk
2 Tbsp. stick margarine, softened
2 Tbsp. honey
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar

Arrange 7 1/2 graham cracker sheets in the bottom of a 13 × 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine 3 cups milk, pudding mix, and cream cheese in a large bowl, and beat at low speed of a mixer 1 minute or until thick. Fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the pudding mixture over graham crackers, and top with 7 1/2 graham cracker sheets. Repeat the procedure with the remaining half of pudding mixture and 7 1/2 graham cracker sheets. I press the top layer of crackers down into the pudding a little bit. Later when you are frosting the top, it will help the crackers not come up with the frosting. Combine 1/4 cup milk, softened margarine, honey, and unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl, and beat well with a mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar to milk mixture, and beat well. Spread chocolate glaze over graham crackers. Cover dessert and tent with foil; chill 4 hours. Serves 18

kaplods
05-26-2005, 01:12 AM
I bought an electric shaved ice machine a couple years ago, and I loved making sno cones, but making sugar free syrup took a bit of fiddling. (One tub of crystal light or other drink mix and 2 cups of water works well).
Tonight I tried Rival sugar free sno cone syrup that I got at Walmart (still not as cheap as making your own, but really good, and now I can reuse the
bottle for my own mixes).

Vickie
05-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Apple Almond Souffle

3 medium baking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into bite size pieces
1/4 cup water
3 Tablespoons Splenda
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
5 egg whites
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional and need to count points for Core)

In a 2 quart saucepan, combine the apples and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the apples are tender. Stir in the Splenda and almond extract. Remove from the heat and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Please a hot pad under the pot in the refrigerator.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. With a rubber spatula, gently fold into the cooled apple mixture. Spoon the mixture into a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the soufffle is puffed and browned. Sprinkle with the almonds before serving, if using. Serve warm. Makes 4 servings.

ontarget
06-01-2005, 09:13 PM
i found this today on another website. it looks yummy!!

Cinnamon Peaches

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

5 pounds peaches -- pitted and peeled, sliced
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg -- ground
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon -- ground
1/8 teaspoon allspice -- ground
3 tablespoons DaVinci syrup of your choice (optional)
1/2 cup splenda

Place all ingredients into crockpot and cook on low 4-6 hours. Yummy warm
or cold. The peaches will hold their shape a bit so you get large pieces.

The syrups are not necessary, you can use vanilla or almond extract, about
a teaspoon or nothing at all. I like raspberry syrup with it.

You may need to increase or decrease the Splenda according to how sweet
the peaches already are.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 75 Calories; trace Fat (1.8%
calories from fat); 1g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; trace Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Fruit; 0 Fat.

Serving Ideas : I love to serve this warm with Cool Whip Free over it.

NOTES : This makes 10 servings that are at least 1/2 cup each (depending again on the size of the peaches and how much waste you have) and
if you are counting points, it is one point per serving.

ontarget
06-04-2005, 03:52 PM
WARNING!!!!!! THIS IS NOT CORE BUT IS ONLY 2 PTS PER SERVING.

frozen peanut butter cups

8 oz. ff cool whip
1/2 cup peanut butter (i used extra crunchy)
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup

line muffin pans with liners. with spoon, mix cool whip and pb untill well combined. spoon even portions into muffin liners. top each with a swirl of chocolate syrup. freeze 6-8 hours until frozen. once solid, remove the pan and place into freezer bag or container.

servings--12
points per serving--2 pts

you can also use mini size foil cups and make 24 at 1 pt each. they don't re-freeze real hard and the chocolate never freezes. these kind of melt in your mouth.

when i eat these, i'd wag my tail if i were a puppy.

Vickie
06-11-2005, 10:20 AM
This is from Barbos Diet Kitchen. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like it will help with a sweet tooth!

Pistachio Pineapple Lush

Core Version (artificially sweetened)
Yields 4 servings, 2 points

1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1/4 cup cold fat-free milk
1 box 4-serving (1 oz) Sugar Free & Fat Free Jell-O Instant Pistachio Pudding & Pie Filling
1 can (8-oz) crushed pineapple in juice

In medium bowl, mix milk and yogurt. Add pudding mix and pineapple and stir briskly for 2 minutes. Chill for at least 15 minutes.

Per serving, 105 calories, 0g fat, .5g fiber

ontarget
06-14-2005, 09:01 PM
here's another of cybergranny's recipes:

WENDY'S FROSTY

1 cup skim milk
2 Tbsp ff cool whip
2 Tbsp sf/ff chocolate pudding mix
1/2 tsp vanilla
7-8 ice cubes
mix all together in blender

2 points

If you like strawberry shakes, try substituting the chocolate mix with cheesecake and use frozen unsweetened strawberries in the place of the ice.

Or pistachio pudding mix, with frozen unsweetened pineapple and 1 tsp of coconut extract (sort of like a pina colada)

ontarget
06-14-2005, 09:20 PM

Core Fat Free Shake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

2 cups fat free milk
2 teaspoons sugar free fat free instant chocolate
pudding mix

Pour milk into a blender, or a deep measuring cup. Add the pudding mix and
blend. I use my Braun stick hand mixer.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 184 Calories; 1g Fat (5.1% calories
from fat); 17g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 9mg
Cholesterol; 252mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Non-Fat Milk.

NOTES : 3.7 points

ontarget
06-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Exported from MasterCook *

Core Chocolate Ice Cream

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 4 oz package sugar free fat free instant chocolate
pudding mix
1/4 cup splenda
1 12 oz can fat free evaporated skim milk
1 cup fat free milk

In a medium bowl, stir together the instant pudding and splenda.
Add the evaporated milk and fat free milk and stir until blended. Pour
into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manf. directions.

Source:
"The Everything Low-fat High flavor cookbook"
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 193 Calories; 1g Fat (18.9%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1mg
Cholesterol; 32mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Non-Fat Milk.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0

ontarget
06-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Core Carrot Cake Oat Bread
Recipe By : ottermum
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

PHASE 1: MIX TOGETHER:
1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt -- PLUS
1 cup nonfat milk
1/2 cup grated carrot
LET STAND WHILE YOU ARE MIXING:
PHASE 2:
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES.
SPRAY COOKIE SHEET OR PIE PLATE WITH
COOKING SPRAY.
To bowl of rehydrated oatmeal -- add:
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Splenda
1 cup oat bran
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Mix to form a dough, then turn out onto baking sheet or pie plate (if
making scones, you should cut the dough into 8ths.) Bake for approx. 40
minutes, or until browned.

Ratings : 1.5- 2 0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 119 Calories; 2g Fat (12.7%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 1mg
Cholesterol; 539mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Vegetable; 0
Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
NOTES : 1.7 points

ontarget
06-19-2005, 08:15 PM
1.5 cups homemade granola
1/4 cup pb (i used crunchy)
1 tablespoon sf maple syrup

nuke pb and syrup in microwave 30 seconds. stir in granola. place mixture in bottom of 9" pie pan. set aside to cool (or refrigerate to cool.)

1 cup ff sour cream
1/2 cup ff milk
1/2 cup granular splenda
1 small pkg (1 oz) sf/ff chocolate pudding mix
12 oz ff cool whip

mix sour cream and milk together till blended smooth. add dry pudding mix, splenda and continue mixing. fold in cool whip.

pour into pie shell and refrigerate at least 1 hour.

i'm figuring 10 pts for the pb and 10 pts for the cool whip. this is a huge pie.

variation:

vanilla or banana cream sf/ff pudding mix and a sliced banana.

other ideas?

ontarget
06-24-2005, 06:29 PM
vickie, here's that banana pudding recipe. i'll go post it in desserts, too.
i'm editing this 6/24/06 so it reflects what i made today for a bbq gathering. it's a large dish.

3 sm pkg sf/ff vanilla pudding mix
2.5 cup ff milk
1 cup granular splenda
16 oz carton ff sour cream
3 (10 oz) tubs of ff cool whip
4 ripe bananas sliced

whisk milk and ff sc together. add pudding mix and stir continue whisking till smooth. i also mixed for 2 minutes. fold in ff cool whip. add banana slices and refrigerate till served.

when i made this for non-core folks, i added quite a few nilla waters. refrigerate several hours before serving.

ontarget
06-26-2005, 12:05 PM
berry crisp

2 pkg frozen blackberries (other frozen fruit would work, too.)
1 container ff sour cream
1.5 cups splenda
1 pkg butter buds
low fat (or homemade) granola (if you use homemade granola, this is a core recipe.)

stir all but granola together and put in 9x13 pan that's been sprayed with butter flavored pam. bake 30 minutes at 350*.

sprinkle granola on top when serving. (the recipe called for cooking the granola on top of the berries but mine got soggy. i'm going to just sprinkle on individual servings next time.)

kaplods
06-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Not really a recipe (since it's one ingredient), but today I froze a slice of sweet
seedless watermelon just until it was slushy (about an hour, hour and a half). It was so good! Next time I'm going to freeze it some popsicle sticks.

ontarget
08-07-2005, 03:41 PM
i found this on bcb today. i'm going to try it.

CORE COBBLER
5 cups mixed frozen mixed berries thawed (or fresh)
1/2 cup splenda
1 1/4 cup oatmeal
1 tsp cinnamon
ICBIB spray
1/2 cup water
cook 350 35 minutes

mix all ingredients except 1/4 oatmeal and icbib spray, put into a 9 by 13 baking dish, sprinkle with remaining oatmeal, spray with icbib spray, bake. THIS IS SOOO GOOD. The oatmeal is cooked by the juices in the fruit. I am making it right now with peaches and blueberries. SOO YUMMY, and SO satisfying, too.

(i'm going to make core peach cobbler.)

ontarget
08-07-2005, 04:10 PM
pumpkin/oatmeal cake

i got this off bcb today, too.

"follow the recipe on the back of the pumpkin can made with NO crust, use skim evaporated milk, and splenda instead of sugar, and just add 1.5 cup oatmeal stirred into the filling. let the mixture sit a bit before baking.

bake it at 350 for 65 minutes or till done. It has an awesome texture-- very creamy. THIS IS THE BOMB! It tastes like a yummy moist cake."

okay, chickies. i have this in the oven baking now. i'll let you know how it turns out.

just ate some while it was still hot. it is moist. i wouldn't really call it a cake. it's more like a different type crustless pumpkin pie. it is good, though. curtis ate a slice, too. that's a good test. i had to bake mine 75 minutes because of our altitude.

bloomedbud
08-12-2005, 10:06 PM
I have a block party to go to tomorrow and i plan on packing a cooler with ice to bring these - from the sounds of it I dont think anyone will know they are ww - I plan to use the mini muffin pan so I can have 2 instead of 1 - thanks for the idea I have really missed ice cream - any ideas?

ontarget
08-14-2005, 10:05 PM
i just found this recipe over at bcb. it's a topping for the pumpkin/oatmeal thingee.

Core CREAMY Topping (inspired by Joanne): Take some FF cottage cheese and blend until creamy OR take some "pot cheese" (aka farmer's cheese) and then stir in: vanilla extract AND DaVinci SF syrup (examples: Gingerbread, butterscotch. COOL in the fridge for several hours. Add alongside (or on top of) cooled pie piece. Mmmmmm~

ontarget
08-14-2005, 10:28 PM
just got this from bcb. it has a great review.

Banana rice pudding

2 1/2 cups skim milk
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1 1/2 tablespoons splenda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg
3 smashed bannanas

Mix all ingredients together, bake in 350 degree oven 1 to 1 1/2 hours until done.

This just sounds sound delicous. My key to success with core is variety. I think this would be a great breakfast warmed up with yougart mixed with vanilla devinci on top. YUMMY!

ontarget
08-14-2005, 10:43 PM
from dottis.

CORE Apple or Fruit Cobbler

· ½ cup oat bran
· ¼ tsp. Baking soda
· 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
· 1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
· 2 beaten eggs or ½ cup eggbeaters
· 1 oz. Diced apples
· 1 oz. Applesauce

1. Preheat oven to 350oF.

2. Mix oat bran, baking soda, nutmeg and 1 cinnamon, add eggbeaters or eggs and pour into baking dish. Mix applesauce with diced apples and put on mixture.

3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

ontarget
08-14-2005, 10:54 PM
got this at dottis.

Pineapple cheesecake This tastes like pineapple cheesecake in a bowl and it's SOOOOOO easy!

16 oz FF Sour Cream
1 box FF/SF jello vanilla pudding mix
1 can pinapple tidbits drained

Mix all together in a bowl. Separate into 3 -4 small cups and refrigerate.

DELICIOUS!

ontarget
08-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Chocolate Cherries Simple Delight

This is really in the "not-quite-a-recipe" category:

1 pkg SF FF instant chocolate pudding mix
2 c skim milk

1-2 c frozen dark sweet pitted cherries, no sugar added, amount according to your taste
a drop or two of almond extract

Make the SF FF chocolate pudding with the skim milk according to package directions, in a bowl big enough to add the cherries later, and put in the refrigerator to set up as usual.

When it's completely set and you are ready to eat it, find a couple of other people to help you, because it's like crack and if you don't you'll eat it all yourself!* :lol

Then add the still-frozen cherries and the almond extract to the pudding bowl, and mix them in.

OMG, it was like eating frozen chocolate-covered cherries! :D

*Alternatively, take out a serving of pudding, put in another bowl and mix the cherries into it for a single serving. Just remember, the cherries should still be frozen!

Katpo
08-15-2005, 04:36 PM

CORE COBBLER
1/2 cup splenda
1 1/4 cup oatmeal
1 tsp cinnamon
ICBIB spray
1/2 cup water
cook 350 35 minutes

mix all ingredients except 1/4 oatmeal and icbib spray, put into a 9 by 13 baking dish, sprinkle with remaining oatmeal, spray with icbib spray, bake. THIS IS SOOO GOOD. The oatmeal is cooked by the juices in the fruit. I am making it right now with peaches and blueberries. SOO YUMMY, and SO satisfying, too.

Sandra, do you think I could use canned peaches that are in 100% natural juice? What did you use?

septembersgoal
08-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Do you think that I could make this without the cinnamon? I was going to use blackberries.

ontarget
08-15-2005, 06:09 PM
kathy and melissa. i used frozen cherries when i made mine. i put cinnamon in it but i could taste it too much. i think cinnamon could definitely be left out if you're using blackberries or cherries. i think peaches would work beautifully. this is pretty good cobbler.

Vickie
08-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Cannoli Cream

1 cup FF free skim milk
1 cup FF Ricotta cheese
Small package SF/FF instant white chocolate pudding mix
Add splenda if you like your desserts sweeter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Beat skim milk and ricotta until frothy with a hand mixer. Add pudding mix and beat until smooth and starting to thicken. Place in 4 serving dishes and top with cinnamon. Tastes like cannoli cream and is great with any berries or banana.

ontarget
08-21-2005, 08:31 PM
this looks good, vickie. i have all the ingredients but the white chocolate pudding mix. do you think vanilla or regular chocolate mix would work?

ontarget
09-03-2005, 03:03 PM
this is from cooking light community

core oatmeal cake

Baked Oatmeal Cake

2 cups oatmeal dry
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup skim milk
2 eggs or Eggbeater equivalent
1/4 cup sugar twin brown sugar (couldn't find yet so used plain Splenda
2 mashed bananas
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Mike dry ingredients then mix in wet ingredients. Pour into 8 x 8 cake pan. Bake 350 for 45 minutes.

bloomedbud
09-04-2005, 10:29 AM
HOW DO YOU MAKE HOME MADE GRANOLA?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/purpvinebar/tiny03/lb/0/73/14/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

ontarget
09-04-2005, 11:58 AM
bloomedbud, there's a longer recipe, but here's what i have been doing lately to make homemade granola.

1 cup kasha (buckwheat) kernals
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup granular splenda
some butterbuds (optional if you want a bit of buttery taste)
1/4 cup some flavor of sf davinci snowcone syrup

stir all together and spread in large pan that has been sprayed with butter flavored pam. bake at 350* for 27 minutes stirring every 9 minutes.

i have used several different flavors of syrup and don't really have a favorite. the batch i'm using now is made with sf banana syrup. (of course, davinci isn't the only maker of these syrups. torani and a few others make them, too. they are 0 pts.) i find some flavors like vanilla, chocolate, and hazelnut in the grocery store, but i ordered several flavors off the net including white chocolate, german chocolate cake, banana, peach, and apple pie. it's kind of pricey but lasts a long time.

i did see on another board that you can sometimes find davinci at t j maxx and ross and maybe walmart. just make sure you use sugar free and not regular so it will be 0 pts.

(this is prob more than you wanted to read, right?)

Vickie
09-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Sandra, I just saw your question today back on 08/21 about the different flavor puddings. I'm sure they would work but they wouldn't be cannoli cream anymore...right?

ontarget
09-04-2005, 07:05 PM
thanks, vickie. i've never eaten a cannoli before so i didn't know. i bought some white chocolate sf/ff pud. now i need to get some ff ricotta. what i had was dated so i tossed it. when i get it, i'm going to make a core cake and put the cannoli on it. thank you for your help here.

bloomedbud
09-12-2005, 08:40 PM
My sister and I have been doing core for the last 8 weeks - she has alot to loose but she is doing fantastic!!! 34 lbs already
me just 17 lbs. I know the weight difference between us is alot - and I am so proud of her.
It was her birthday was on the 8th and she doesnt want to celebrate because she cant have cake.
I would love to suprise her and make a core cake. Is there such a thing?
Any suggestions. PLEASE.
Thanks.
Rose

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-day/bee01/lb/218/145/201.2/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php) :^:

Vickie
09-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Rose, you girls are amazing! It's take me a year to lose 41 pounds. Congratulations to you both! One of our members, Sandra, posted the following recipe. None of us has tried it yet but we all agree that it sounds great. Let us know if you try it and it's good. Tell your Sister Happy Birthday for us!

Core Carrot Cake Oat Bread

Recipe By : ottermum
Categories :

1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt -- PLUS
1 cup nonfat milk
1/2 cup grated carrot
LET STAND WHILE YOU ARE MIXING:
PHASE 2:
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES.
SPRAY COOKIE SHEET OR PIE PLATE WITH
COOKING SPRAY.
To bowl of rehydrated oatmeal -- add:
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Splenda
1 cup oat bran
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Mix to form a dough, then turn out onto baking sheet or pie plate (if
making scones, you should cut the dough into 8ths.) Bake for approx. 40
minutes, or until browned.

Ratings : 1.5- 2 0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 119 Calories; 2g Fat (12.7%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 1mg
Cholesterol; 539mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Vegetable; 0
Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
NOTES : 1.7 points

Our plan was to spread the following on top as kind of a cream cheese frosting but I can't find the recipe. Maybe Sandra will have it.

There is also an oatmeal cake that we haven't tried.

Baked Oatmeal Cake

2 cups oatmeal dry
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup skim milk
2 mashed bananas
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Mike dry ingredients then mix in wet ingredients. Pour into 8 x 8 cake pan. Bake 350 for 45 minutes.

Check out our recipes. We have some great ones already listed!

Vickie
09-14-2005, 11:32 PM
This was on Barbos Diet Kitchen. It sounds good to me but Jim hates coconut so I may never make it.

Almond Joy Pudding

2 cup Instant SF/FF White Chocolate Pudding, Prepared with Skim Milk
2 cup Instant SF/FF Chocolate Fudge Pudding, Prepared with Skim Milk
1/2 tsp Coconut Extract
1/2 tsp almond extract

1. Prepare each of the puddings with 2 cups skim milk in separate bowls.
2. Add 1/2 tsp. coconut extract to the white chocolate pudding.
3. Add 1/2 tsp. almond extract to the chocolate fudge pudding.
4. Place both bowls into refrigerator and let set for at least 5 minutes.
5. In four one-cup bowls, layer the 2 puddings starting with the white chocolate, then the chocolate fudge, etc.
6. Serve, or store in refrigerator, covered.

bloomedbud
09-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Thank you for the recipe - we are preparing it for tonight - I will let you know how it comes out -
Thanks for all your help!!!!!

ontarget
09-22-2005, 03:43 PM
okay, before i go any further i want to share a quick recipe with ya'll. it is an excellent way to use wpa's. i had forgotten about it till this week. it's 2 pt brownies and they are delicious.

KILLER BROWNIES (high fiber!)

1 box betty crocker carb monitor walnut brownie mix (other brownie mixes would work, too, if they are the lower point ones)
2.5 cups water
3 cups all bran cereal
1 tablespoon baking powder

mix cereal with water and let soak for 5 minutes. (soaking is important)
add brownie mix and baking powder, mix and let sit for a minute or two so the baking powder
has a chance to work.

bake in 9x13 pan (i use a broiler pan) that has been sprayed with pam. 350* for 30 minutes.

bloomedbud
10-09-2005, 04:02 PM
hello all - sorry for delay!!!!
We made this cake and it was decided you either like or you don't there is no in between.... I personally did like it at all!.....lol but my mom and sister loved it. so please everyone give it a try.....
have a great day!!!!!

Vickie
10-19-2005, 05:17 AM
I found this on Kippy's site and honestly it sounds too good to be true. I'll be trying it one of these days. I've never used xanthum gum and I didn't check to see if it was Core. It can't be that many calories, can it?

New York Italian-Style Cheesecake

3 Eggs
1lb FF Ricotta
8oz FF Sour Cream
1 cup Splenda
1-1/2 Anise Extract (more or less added to your taste)
1/2 teaspoon Lemon Extract
1/2 teaspoon Xanthum Gum (optional for thickening)

Prehea oven to 350. Mix everything in blender or food
processor until smooth Pour into 8 inch baking pan. Place baking
pan inside another pan and 1-2 inches of water into the outer pan,
creating a water bath for the cheesecake. Then place both of the
pans inside the oven on a top or middle shelf. Bake for 1 hour and
then turn heat off. Crack the oven door and let the cheesecake rest
in the oven until t cools to room temp, about 1 hour. Makes 6 servings.

p.a.
10-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Core couscous pudding

dont have measurements sorry its just something I threw together:

couscous cooked in skim milk( put couscous in bowl add hot skim milk to soak)
add:
nutmeg
cinnamon
splenda -however much you like to sweeten

raisins-not core but count the points- little goes along way

you can have this for breakfast or dessert...its very yumm! and tastes like rice pudding

ontarget
10-29-2005, 08:03 PM
EASY ICING

4 oz pkg sf/ff instant pudding mix--any flavor
1/4 cup granular splenda
1 cup ff milk
2 cups ff cool whip (5 pts by my calculations)

whisk or mix first 3 ingredients 2 minutes. fold in cool whip. immediately spread on cooled cake. refrigerate till ready to serve.

ontarget
10-29-2005, 10:40 PM
CORE BANANA CAKE

i made this tonight and it's really good. Curtis said he'd like it better if it had raisins and nuts. i guess you could add them but would have to count pts. this cake is 0 pts without the frosting. 5 pts with icing.

2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup ff sour cream
1 cup ff milk
1/4 cup sf da vinci banana syrup or 1/4 cup more of ff milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 ripe bananas mashed
2 eggs

LET STAND ABOUT 10 MINUTES SO THE OATMEAL WILL HYDRATE. THIS WAY IT WILL BE A SMOOTHER TEXTURE)

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350*.
SPRAY 9X11 CAKE PAN WITH BUTTER FLAVORED PAM

PHASE 2
To bowl of rehydrated oatmeal add:
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups granular splenda
2 cups oat bran
1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Mix thoroughly with blender. spread into cake pan and bake for 40 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.

let cake cool. spread easy icing on top and refrigerate about 3 hours. i made this tonight. we cut into it after 1.5 hours. it was good, but i think this cake will be even better tomorrow.

i adapted this from the carrot cake recipe. i have not figured flex pts. i believe everything is core except for the ff cool whip in the icing.

septembersgoal
11-29-2005, 11:58 AM
PEPPERMINT PATTIES

Recipe By :March 1996 Healthy Exchanges Newsletter
(From barbosdietkitchen.com)

1 4-serving package Jello-O sugar Free Instant Chocolate Fudge
Pudding Mix

1/3 cup dry skim milk

1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

1. Place a piece of waxed paper on a cookie sheet.

2. In a medium bowl, combine dry pudding mix and dry milk powder. Add
applesauce and peppermint extract. Mix well to combine.

3. Drop mixture by teaspoonsful to form 16 patties on prepared cookie
sheet. Place cookie sheet in freezer at least 2 hours.

4. For each serving, place 4 frozen patties in a zip-lock sandwich bag.
Keep frozen until ready to use.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 50 Calories; trace Fat (1.6% calories
from fat); 4g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2mg
Cholesterol; 54mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk.

NOTES : POINTS PER SERVING: 1 (flex)

nafita23
12-04-2005, 01:51 PM
What is bcb a lot of you say you found recipes from the bcb web site are there anymore corefood recipe sites or some other sites you can tell me about.
Fanetta

ontarget
12-04-2005, 02:38 PM
bcb stands for bootcamp buddies, a ww support group over at ***************.net

septembersgoal
12-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Core Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup Splenda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla

In a medium bowl, mix together oats, Splenda and cinnamon. In a blender or food processor blend cottage cheese, egg whites, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla until very creamy. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and let rest 5 minutes to allow oatmeal to absorb the liquids. There is a lot of variation in different brands of oatmeal and cottage cheese, so you may have to add a little bit of oatmeal (or skim milk) if the batter looks too runny (or stiff).

Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place batter by spoonfuls about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until cookies are firm. Leave on cookie sheet 3 minutes before removing, otherwise they will stick. Makes one dozen soft cookies.

Banana Cookies - Substitute one ripe banana for the cottage cheese.

Pumpkin Cookies - Substitute 1/2 cup canned pumpkin for the cottage cheese. Use pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon.

Apple Cookies - Substitute 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce for the cottage cheese. Fold in 1/2 of a peeled, finely chopped apple after the wet and dry ingredients are combined.

This is not considered Core:

Raisin Cookies - Add 1/8 cup of raisins (or dates) to any of the above recipes, which will add only 1 point for the whole batch.

Coconut Cookies - Omit the cinnamon and add 1/2 tsp. coconut extract to the wet ingredients. Press 1 tablespoon of coconut to the tops of the cookies after they are on the cookie sheet. This adds one point for the entire batch. -by Brookie

nafita23
12-11-2005, 12:37 AM
thanks i will go tothe web site and see thanks
Fanetta

ontarget
02-01-2006, 06:24 PM
core sorbet

1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup splenda

chunk fruit. add all ingredients to blender and blend. eat like ice cream. this is fabulous. the frozen banana is what makes it creamy. make sure you use it. other fruits can be substituted for frozen berries. i have used frozen cherries so far but will try frozen peaches and also frozen pineapple soon.

ontarget
02-07-2006, 03:11 PM
i got this from a dear friend.

pop lemon cake

box lemon cake mix
1 can diet 7 up or diet creme soda
1 egg white
1 pkg lemon jello
1/2 cup water

mix cake mix, diet drink, and egg white. bake in 9/13 pan that's been sprayed with pam for 30 minutes at 350*. when the cake is still warm stir jello into boiling water and drizzle over cake. let cake refrigerate till the next day.

12 servings @ 3 pts each. you can put cool whip on top when serving.

Vickie
02-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Crustless Pumpkin Pie - Tried and True!

15 ounce Libby Pumpkin
12 ounce can Evaporated Skim/Non Fat Milk
2 Large eggs (or 3 egg whites) I use the whole eggs beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger (you could use 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice blend. I would still put in the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon)
1/2 cup of Splenda pour (I use 2/3 of a cup because I like it really sweet!)

Combine all ingredients (beat eggs in bowl first) and stir until smooth. I guess you could use your hand beater to make it mixed better but I don't bother. Pour into a 9 inch pie pan sprayed with Pam. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 325 degrees (don't take pie out at all) and bake for another 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Recipe says it makes 8 servings (1 point) but I cut mine into 6!

Lucky13
03-13-2006, 09:19 AM

CORE COBBLER
1/2 cup splenda
1 1/4 cup oatmeal
1 tsp cinnamon
ICBIB spray
1/2 cup water
cook 350 35 minutes

I made this Friday night - YUMMY!!! YUMMY!!! I used strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries - so good!! The whole family loved it. We just used a dollop of ff whipped topping on top of it...YUMMY!!!

septembersgoal
05-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Caramel Apple Salad

8 oz crushed pineapple in juice, drained
4 medium apples, shredded or chopped
1 box SF/FF butterscotch pudding

Mix together pineapple, apples, and pudding mix. Chill.

Fold in an 8 oz container Cool Whip and/or some chopped peanuts if you like (add points).

http://www.freewebs.com/wdawson671/index.htm

aghiowa
06-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Banana Brown Rice Pudding

Recipe By : Weight Watchers Ultimate Flex & Core Cookbook
Serving Size : 1/3 cup (4 servings) 2 points per serving
Categories :

1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup skim milk
1 pinch salt
1 ripe banana -- mashed
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon almond extract

Combine the rice, milk, and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 min. Let the mixture cool to room temperature about 30 minutes.

Stir in the banana, vanilla, cinnamon, and almond extract.

This pudding is best served at room temperature. But if you wish to refrigerate it, do so for no longer than one day, and cover the surface directly with plastic wrap to prevent discoloration of the banana.

Per Serving: 106 Calories; 1g Fat; 3g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 69mg Sodium.

ontarget
06-06-2006, 05:55 PM
looks good, angela. thanks for posting.

Vickie
06-11-2006, 03:45 PM
I got this recipe from Corrina at the Bootcamp Buddies Website. I made them today and they are REALLY good and all Core. They turned out moist and delicious. I only had a 12 cupcake pan, however, it turns out that I got 9 muffins filled almost to the top of the cup. Anyway, if you have empty cups, just fill them half full of water and your cupcakes will bake fine! Thanks, Corrina!

Blueberry Lemon Muffins

1/2 cup oat bran
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup splenda (I'd reduce to 1/3 cup as they were too sweet for me.)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 small package SF FF instant lemon pudding mix (the second time I used vanilla and liked that better. I think the lemon pudding has a weird aftertaste. Even so...we still ate the muffins! I used the cheesecake flavor most recently and liked that the best.)

1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (I use those small individual cups that the kids eat)
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.

In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. Add the wet to the dry and stir until just mixed. Gently fold in the blueberries.

Scrape batter into prepared muffin tins. It doesn't rise too much so the muffin tins will be nearly full. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan because they finish baking this way.

The first time I made them I got 9 muffins and the second time I got 11. I think I used smaller muffin tins the second time.

Vickie
06-19-2006, 03:37 AM
I got this from my WW Leader, Collette. We'll have to count something for the Cool Whip. I think the pineapple is Core since it is mostly drained. I'm sure this is delicious because I make a full fat version using similar ingredients.

Taffy Apple Salad (thanks to Kirsten, Pepsico At Work)

Apples (Granny Smith, Fuji, Gala, Red Delicious) or what ever you like. (Start with 6 or so and add more/less if you like.)
1 8 ounce container FF Cool Whip
1 Box SF/FF Instant Butterscotch Pudding
1-14 ounce can crushed pineapple in own juice, mostly drained

Mix Cool Whip, Pudding and pineapple in a bowl. Core, chop apples with skins on. Add chopped apples as you cut them so they don't turn brown. Mix all together and refrigerate for at least an hour for the flavors to blend and whipped topping to set a bit.

ontarget
06-20-2006, 07:04 PM
i got this today at bcb.

Sheryl's Core Chocolate Snack Cake

1 tb. instant decaf coffee (this punches up the chocolate flavor)
1 tb. hot tap water
1 cup. dry oat bran cereal (hot cereal)
3 tb. unsweetened baking cocoa (not a core food; but 0 points for 3 tb. cocoa, according to Food Companion)
2 medium overripe bananas, with lots of black flecks on skin (this is very important, or cake won't taste as good)
1 cup measure like sugar Splenda
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract (I use imitation vanilla; cheaper and tastes as good)

In large bowl put coffee granules. Add hot water and stir throughly until dissolved. Combine oat bran with cocoa, stirring thoroughly, until well combined. Set aside. Break up bananas in bowl over coffee. With tines of fork thoroughly mash bananas into coffee until nice and pulpy. Stir in Splenda. Crack in eggs, one at a time and stir with fork until thoroughly mixed. Stir in vanilla. Stir in oat bran-cocoa mixture. Scrape batter into 8" square nonstick pan sprayed with canola oil cooking spray. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 20 min. Cake will test done in center. Cool. This is best served very cold with a nice glass of nonfat (or soy) milk.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
here are some reply suggestions that were posted with itL

"to make the best sugar free cakes, always add 1/2 *. nonfat dry milk, and 1/2 tsp. (or is it 1 tsp???) baking soda to each cup Splenda for every cake recipe."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only "tweaks" I made were: adding 1 tsp. baking powder, and adding 1/4 cup of dried non-fat milk powder. Oh. And instead of 1 cup of Splenda, I added 12 Splenda packets and there is no after-taste and it's perfectly sweet (in fact, I could probably eliminate a few packets

Used my muffin top pans to bake these, second batch is still in the oven. The recipe produced 10 muffin tops. That brings them in at barely 1 point each for those on Flex.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
someone asked if they could make less than a whole batch of this cake. here's the reply:

1, 2, 3, and 4 servings, directions remain the same as the original:

1 Serving:

1/8 tablespoon instant decaf coffee
1/8 tablespoon hot tap water
1/8 cup oat bran hot cereal -- dry
1 tablespoon dutch-process cocoa powder
1/4 medium banana -- mashed
1/8 cup Splenda
1 large egg
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/8th tablespoon? Egads. How much is that?

2 Servings:
1/4 tablespoon instant decaf coffee
1/4 tablespoon hot tap water
1/4 cup oat bran hot cereal -- dry
5/8 tablespoon dutch-process cocoa powder
3/8 medium bananas -- mashed
1/4 cup Splenda
5/8 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

One tablespoon has 3 teaspoons. This isn't going to be very exact. For the 1/4th tablespoon go with 1 teaspoon. 5/8 tablespoon would be 1/2 heaped. 3/8 banana would be 1/2. 5/8 eggs would be 1 egg. Maybe we should start from 1/2 batch and cut that in half?

3 Servings:
1 teaspoon instant decaf coffee
1 teaspoon tablespoon hot tap water
1/3 cup oat bran hot cereal -- dry
1 tablespoon dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 medium banana -- mashed
1/3 cup Splenda
1 large egg
1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract

I don't have a 1/3 teaspoon measure, I'd round that up to 1/2 on the vanilla.

4 servings:
1/2 tablespoon instant decaf coffee
1/2 tablespoon hot tap water
1/2 cup oat bran hot cereal -- dry
1 1/2 tablespoons dutch-process cocoa powder
1 medium banana -- mashed
1/2 cup Splenda
1 1/2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

i did make a few small changes ---- I upped the oat bran to 1 1/4 cups, subtracted an egg and added a 1/2 cup applesauce & cut the Splenda to 1/2 cup.
I made another version! This came out lighter and airier than the two previous versions~

Add: 1 tsp. baking soda and 1 tsp. baking powder
Add: 1/4 cup FF dried milk
Substitute: 10 packets of Splenda for 1 cup "pourable"~ STILL SWEET enough!
I made some changes to the original recipe and I like the way it came out, although I'll tweak it yet some more next time.

I added:
1 tsp baking soda (along with the baking powder)
1/4 cup nf dry milk

I subsituted:
3 4oz snack size unsweetened applesauce for the bananas (total=1 1/2 cups)
12 packets splenda instead of one cup (next time I will use more - without the bananas you need more 'sweet')

Baked it longer: 35 minutes at 350.

Next time I will add more cocoa, more sweetner, AND a little salt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE TRIFLE:

I made the original cake and found it a little dry. I got the idea of mixing sf/ff chocolate pudding to the (prepared) cake to make a trifle. I only had one cup of milk (going shopping after lunch), so I added a cup of plain ff yogurt. WOW. The yogurt gives it the 'bite" that cheesecake has (without the stomachace I always get from rich desserts)!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The next time I bake it I'm going to bake it in a 13 x 9 x 2 and bake it till it gets a little crisp. Then I'm going to slice bananas on top of it, then cover them with ff/sf/ banana creme pudding. I could just taste this when I tasted the cake.
I used fructose instead of splenda and added 1/2 cup applesauce sweetened with Splenda. I made some of the sf/ff jello pudding (cheesecake flavor) and after cutting a piece of the cake, I topped it with a blob of this cheesecake pudding.
tonight I made these with 1 c. ff plain yogurt instead of with any kind of pureed fruit. They are great! A little bit of a different taste, but I like them a lot. Reminds me of No-Pudge.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

now this is sandra talking--i'm going to try this soon. i'm going to make it using the added powdered milk, etc... suggested to use when baking with splenda.

if any of you make this before i do, please let me know what you think.

ontarget
06-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Core Brownies
(preheat oven to 350)

3/4 c oat bran
1/4 c plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 c splenda
1 package sf/ff instant chocolate jello pudding
1/2 c ff milk
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c unsweetend applesauce
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Combine oat bran, pudding mix, cocoa, Splenda, baking soda and salt, mix well. Stir in applesauce, eggs, milk (or water), and vanilla. Mix well. Let it rest for 5 minutes so the baking soda can "act." Spray 8"x8" square pan with cooking spray, spread batter evenly into pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

i also added homemade 1/2 cup homemade core granola so my mind would think the brownies had nuts. i'm easy to fool. :lol:

let me know if you make them and what you think.

aghiowa
07-06-2006, 06:48 PM
*This is NOT Core, but it's very tasty, and not bad for you at all.

Easy Pear Crisp

Recipe By : Splenda Cookbook
Serving Size : 6

1/2 cup Splenda -- divided
3 graham crackers
1/4 cup light butter
4 tablespoons flour -- divided
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon -- divided
3 cups Bartlett pears -- peeled, cored and sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons water

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8X8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Place 1/4 cup Splenda, graham crackers, light butter, 2 T. flour and 1 t. cinnamon in bowl of food

processor. Blend till crumbly.

Toss remaining Splenda, cinnamon, flour, pears, lemon juice, and water till fruit is evenly coated. Place

in prepared baking pan. Cover with crumb topping.

Bake 40-45 min or till bubbling around edges. Serve warm.

This is delicious with many kinds of fruit. I've had it with peaches/raspberries, and it was very good.

sauniemay
08-06-2006, 03:45 PM
This came from BCB core board. I used my 8 section mini cake pan and it took 20 minutes. I tried a little piece out of the oven, and it's very good. I used one cup oatmeal and one cup oat bran.

"CHOCOLATE CAKE"
Servings: 8

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (I use a small toaster/convection oven.)

Line an 8X8" pan with Reynold's Non-Stick aluminum foil or spray with non-stick spray.

In one bowl, stir:

2 Cups oat bran
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder (Rumford, aluminum-free, is good)
1 tsp. baking soda
Package of chocolate pudding mix, small (I used regular, but use FF/SF for all-CORE)
1/4 Cup of cocoa, unsweetened
3 Splenda packets
Pinch of salt

In another bowl, mix:

3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Cup FF milk
1/2 C. applesauce, unsweetened (I use a 4 oz. pre-portioned container)
1 TBS. instant espresso coffee crystals

Add liquid bowl into dry bowl, mix quickly and pour into pan; put pan into oven for 25 minutes (or until sides of cake have pulled away from pan; cracks may appear on top). COOL.

Vickie
09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure where Niki (MattandGabby'sMom) got this recipe from but I tried it and it's pretty darned good. It doesn't really have cake texture. It's more like a dense bread pudding consistency. I LOVE bread pudding. Next time I make it, I'm going to use butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla because I think it will give it kind of a caramel apple kind of a flavor. I'll also skip the fake struesel on top. It was try and yucky. Enjoy!

Core Apple Almost Cake

3 cup uncooked oatmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used a 3 1/2 oz Motts little cup)
2 cups FF skim milk
3/4 cup Splenda
2 large ripe bananas (mashed)
1 small box SF/FF instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
4 medium apples (peeled and diced)
2 eggs

TOPPING

1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
4 tsp McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
1 t. apple pie spice (I couldn't find this so I just used cinnamon)

Instructions

Mix applesauce, eggs and splenda. Add the remaining ingredients
except the apples. Fold the diced apples in. Let the mixture set for about 15 minutes so the oatmeal can soften. Put in a 9x13 pan, sprayed with Pam spray. Sprinkle topping over top of cake. Spray with Pam butter spray.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cook for 40-45 minutes, or until center is completely cooked.

ontarget
12-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Blushing Apples
From Food and Family Magazine

2- 4 oz. boxes sf strawberry Jello
1/4 tsp cinnamon
4 C water
4 medium apples

Combine dry Jello and cinnamon in saucepan.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Stir until Jello is completely dissolved.
Peel and core apples and add to Jello mixture in pan.
Reduce heat to med. and partially cover.
Simmer 10-15 min. until apples are tender, turning the apple every 5 min.
Remove apples and serve warm or cold.

ontarget
12-10-2006, 04:30 PM
CORE PIE CRUSTS

(BCB)

I have made this one many times before, and it is quite good. You may need to adjust the amount of oat bran depending on the size of your pie plate, adding more egg whites if necessary.

3/4 cup oat bran, dry
2 tbsp healthy oil
egg whites
sweetener, optional

Combine oat bran and oil (and sweetener if desired) in a bowl, drizzling egg whites into the mixture until crumbly but slightly sticky. Once the paste is malleable, press into a sprayed pie plate, wetting your fingers with water to prevent sticking. Pre-bake for 5-10 minutes before filling.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

another core pie crust recipe: (bcb)

core granola + diced dates + a handful of fructose + just enough yogurt to make it all stick together

makes an AWESOME fantabulous, chewy and substantial crust.

core granola is posted on bfasts.

ontarget
12-14-2006, 12:25 AM
bcb

Coconut Cream Dream Pie
This may be an oldie, I am not sure. But, I do know that it is terrific - out of this world good.

Makes 8 servings, 3 pts each

2 envelopes Dream Whip Topping Mix
2 3/4 cups cold skim milk, divided
1 tsp. vanilla
2 packages Fat-Free/Sugar-Free Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 backed 9" pie shell or reduced fat graham cracker crust
1 cup toasted coconut

Beat whipped topping mix, 1 cup of milk and vanilla on high for 6 minutes or until thickened and peaks form. Add remaining milk and pudding mixes, being on high for 2 minutes. Fold in coconut, pour into pie shell. Chill at least 4 hrs.

ontarget
12-14-2006, 12:28 AM
PIE CRUST BCB

I made my own crust using oat bran, a little sugar, a little butter, and egg whites, and I prebaked it before filling it.

ontarget
12-14-2006, 12:29 AM
I GOT THIS AT BCB:

Endless Possibilities Angel Food Cake

Serves: 12 Points: 3

This cake has so many good variations that I just had to rename it. My favorites are Margarita, Pumpkin and Cherry.

1 box Betty Crocker (1-Step) angel food cake mix

*see variations below*

Mix the angel food cake mix and desired flavor ingredients together and beat by hand until blended. Pour into ungreased 9x13 pan (or muffin tin) and bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes (muffins bake 15-18 minutes). Cool upside down for best results.

Pineapple (142/ 0/ 0) -- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in juice

Pina Colada (144/ 0/ 0) -- add 1 Tbsp coconut extract (and 1 Tbsp rum extract, optional) to pineapple directions

Carrot (145/ 0/ 0)-- add 1/2cup finely shredded carrot, 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to pineapple directions

Cherry (135/ 0/ 0) -- 1 can (20 oz) Comstock light cherry pie filling

Black Forest (143/ 1/ 1)-- add 1/2 cup cocoa to Cherry version (The chocolate sauce goes really well with this version for an additional point.)

Pumpkin (142/ 0/ 1) -- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin, 3/4c water, 1T vanilla & 1T pumpkin pie spice (or spices below)

Spiced (132/ 0/ 0) -- 1-1/4 cup water,1-1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp ground cloves

Lime (135/ 0/ 0) -- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp water, 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice and 1-1/2 tsp grated lime rind

Margarita (165/ 0/ 0) -- top the Lime cake w/ Margarita Glaze (see below)

Lemon (131/ 0/ 0) -- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp water, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and 2 tsp grated lemon peel

(Beware: The variation using 1 can lemon pie filling is 6 points 302/ 3/ 0)

Orange (133/ 0/ 0) -- 1cup water, 1/4 cup orange juice and 2 tsp grated orange peel

Pineapple Citrus (146/ 0/ 0) -- combine Pineapple, Lemon & Orange ingredients

Cotton Candy (133/ 0/ 0) -- 1 small pkg (3.4 oz) sugar free flavored gelatin, any flavor, 1-1/4 cup water.

ontarget
12-17-2006, 04:53 PM
just saw on the net where you can nuke a slice of dream pie for 30 seconds to have a hot piece of pie.

ontarget
12-17-2006, 04:53 PM
http://kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe%2Fknet_recipe_grid&u1=keyword&u2=dream+whip

here's a website for dream whip ideas.

ontarget
12-17-2006, 05:01 PM
here's an idea for the coconut dream pie:

Praline Dream Pie
Melt 1/3 cup butter or margarine in small saucepan. Add 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans and 1/3 cup firmly packed Splenda brown sugar; bring to boil. Boil 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Spread onto bottom of empty pastry shell before filling with remaining ingredients as directed.

i got this from kraftfoods.com

ontarget
12-17-2006, 05:05 PM
also from kraftfoods.com

Low-Fat Orange Dream Cheesecake
Recipe Rating:
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 4 hr 15 min
Makes: 8 servings

Nutrition Information

1 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, crushed (about 3 Tbsp.)
2/3 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Orange Flavor Sugar Free Low Calorie Gelatin
1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1 tub (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Fat Free Cream Cheese
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping

SPRINKLE crumbs onto bottom of 8- or 9-inch springform pan or 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
STIR boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 min. until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool 5 min. Pour into blender container. Add cheeses; cover. Blend on medium speed until well blended, stopping occasionally to scrape down side of blender container; pour into large bowl.
ADD whipped topping; stir gently until well blended. Pour into prepared pan; smooth top with spatula. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Remove side of pan just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS

Jazz It Up
Garnish with fresh mint sprigs just before serving.

NUTRITION INFORMATION

Nutrition Bonus:
You're sure to love the creamy orange flavor of this low-fat low-cholesterol cheesecake. As a bonus, the fat free cream cheese is a good source of calcium.

Diet Exchange:
1 Starch,1 Meat (VL)

Nutrition (per serving)
Calories 100
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 1.5g
Cholesterol 10mg
Sodium 330mg
Carbohydrate 11g
Dietary fiber 0g
Sugars 5g
Protein 8g
Vitamin A 10%DV
Vitamin C 0%DV
Calcium 15%DV
Iron 0%DV

RATINGS AND COMMENTS

view all comments

rate this recipe

jperez26 on 12/6/2006
I like this recipe because it's so simple to make and very creamy. I used strawberry jello and skipped the graham cracker crumbs to eliminate some calories. But then I added the calories back in because I topped with homemade strawberry syrup!

i think you could use all ff ingredients.

ontarget
12-17-2006, 05:07 PM
here's another idea for dream pies: (from kraft)

Jazz It Up

If using JELL-O Chocolate, Chocolate Fudge or Pistachio Flavor Pudding & Pie Filling, add 1/2 tsp. almond extract, 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract or 1 Tbsp. MAXWELL HOUSE Instant Coffee to the whipped topping mixture with the milk and dry pudding mixes.

ontarget
01-17-2007, 06:57 PM
i looked and looked today to see if i could find a recipe similar to the 1 pt brownies made with all bran cereal/brownie mix. i never found anything so i decided to experiment. here's what i came up with--and it's wonderful!!! just be careful cuz it's loaded with fiber.

ALL BRAN SURPRISE CAKE (ALMOST CORE)

1 Yellow Cake Mix
3 cups Original All Bran Cereal
2 1/2 cups Water
3 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 cup Applesauce
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup Splenda Blend Brown Sugar
1 chopped Apple

Preheat oven 350*. Spray a large baking pan (I used the broiler pan.).

Stir cereal and water in a large bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Stir dry cake mix and baking powder into cereal mixture. Let sit for 3 minutes.
Stir in applesauce, raisins, Splenda Blend Brown Sugar, and chopped apple.
Spread evenly into baking dish.
Bake @ 350* for 30 minutes or until done.

I live in high altitude so I had to bake mine longer. Just keep an eye on yours.

24 servings = 2 pts each
I cut mine into 32 servings.

septembersgoal
01-17-2007, 09:57 PM
I think I know what the surprise is....:lol3:

Just kidding! It looks really great. And you came up with this all on your own? I'm so impressed! :D

ontarget
01-17-2007, 11:25 PM
:listen: it took me all afternoon. :lol:

pishpesh
04-28-2007, 07:47 AM
i recently made one of the oatmeal cakes, with a little enhancement that worked really well.

prepare one recipe of core oatmeal cake as follows:
core oatmeal cake

Baked Oatmeal Cake

Heat oven to 350.

2 cups oatmeal dry
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup skim milk
2 mashed bananas
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Mike dry ingredients then mix in wet ingredients.

i actually used one cup oat bran and one cup oatmeal (because i didn't have enough oatmeal). i have also made this with 1/2 mashed avocado when i didn't have bananas - it gives the moistness and doesn't come through in taste.

now for the riff -
cover the bottom of an 8"x8" cake pan with frozen berries. sprinkle splenda over the berries, then sprinkle 1/2 cup of steel cut oats. pour the cake batter into the pan. top with an additional sprinking of steel cut oats if desired.

bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 until a knife comes out clean.

The berries and oats on the bottom form a lovely sweet under crust. the steel cut oats on top add a crunchy topping which is lovely.

ontarget
05-15-2007, 08:37 PM
soundds good, pishpesh. i'll print this out.

hey, chickies. here's a core recipe i got off bcb yesterday. i made it and curtis and i love it!!!!

CORE CROCKPOT CARROT CAKE
(they say serves 12 but i cut ours into 8 pieces so we could each have 1 per day to get in our 2 servings oo.)

2 eggs
1/2 c brown sugar twin (i used 1/2 c splenda brown sugar=480 calories, 0 fat, 0 fiber--or 10 pts)
1/3 c olive oil
1 & 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 c grated carrots
1 can (14 oz) crushed pineapple--drained
1 teaspoon vanilla

beat together eggs, sugar substitute and oil. combine oats, soda, salt, and cinnamon; add to sweetner mixture and beat well. stir in carrots, pineapple, and vanilla.

place in sprayed crock pot.
cover and bake on high for 2 & 1/2 to 4 hours. (i baked mine about 3 hours and it was done.)

this is awesome and worth the pts. i hope some of you try it. thank you to the poster at bcb for sharing this.

blessedwithsarah
05-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Not sure where I originally found this, but I've made some tweeks and its really good for breakfast or a snack.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Snack bread Core

3 cups oatmeal
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
2tsp. Ground Ginger
½ tsp. Ground Cloves
4 tbsp. cornmeal
1 cup Splenda (to taste)
4 tablespoons hot tap water
1-cup pumpkin pureed
1/2-cup Eggbeaters or 2 egg
2-teaspoon vanilla extract
*1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1-cup skim milk
Preheat oven to 350F. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Pour into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish sprayed with Pam. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until inserted toothpick is clean. Very Moist!

Extra add-ins – count points Raisins or any dried fruit.

ontarget
06-02-2007, 07:37 PM
paula, i've made the pumpkin snack cake several times now. we love it. i did worry that i wouldn't lose cuz of eating it, but i did.

okay, here's what i made this pm.

core cookies!!!!

1/2 cup cream of wheat
1/4 cup ff milk
1/2 cup granular splenda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup (maybe a little more) core homemade granola (this gave the cookies crunch.

i stirred all together and baked on sprayed sheet @ 375* for 12 minutes. curtis liked them. the grands liked them. i loved them. it made about 8 or so cookies.

i don't know if you noticed or not but this recipe is made from a core pancake recipe with just the granola and extra splenda added. i got that recipe off the net.

ontarget
06-07-2007, 10:13 PM
i posted a question over at bcb and at dottis asking for core frosting recipes. here's what i got: (they look good)

Whipped ricotta flavored with extracts and Splenda makes a good frosting.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this one but you would need to count the point for the FF cool whip. I have not tried this myself.

Easy Fridge Frosting

1 pkg of ff/sf pudding of choice
1 cup of skim milk
1/2 container of ff cool whip

Mix accordingly and use to frost cake.

Here's a couple of ideas:

I like a little cinnamon and sweetner (DV) in yogurt. Greek yogurt would make it thicker, but regular yogurt works just fine too. I always added it when serving, as I suspect it might make the desserts soggy.

The SF pancake syrup (I love Ms. Butterworth's the best) can be a good addition on some items. While it's not Core, it's very low point. I basted some fish with it and baked the fish. The whole family loved it.
------------------------------------------------------------------

i really appreciate the ladies giving me these ideas. i'm going to try the ricotta cheese one first. i have already made the one with the cool whip. it's good.

msdiane
02-01-2008, 06:12 PM
This sounds delicious. How much of the ingredints did you use??
Large or small pudding? Milk? and did you drain the pinapple...sorry to be a pain but I would like to try this..diane

ontarget
02-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Diane, are you talking about the carrot cake? If so, drain the pineapple.

Use the small pkg cool whip for the frosting. The amount of milk is listed in the recipe. I'm not sure if you're asking about the frosting or a different recipe.

I hope you like these desserts.

msdiane
02-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Sorry for the confusion. All the recipe called for is yogurt, pistachio pudding mix and pinapple..It sounded so good..

twestra
04-12-2008, 09:30 PM
16 oz. fat free sour cream
1 sm. box Vanilla fat free, sugar free pudding
Fruit of Choice

Mix for 2 minutes
4 servings (5 pts. ea. for flex)

twestra
04-12-2008, 09:36 PM
The tart cups...

Non stick cooking spray
2 cups quick oats
2 cups water
1/4 cup sweetener of equivalent.

-Mix oats, water, and sweetener.
-Microwave for 1 min.
-Spray a 12 cup muffin pan.
-Divided batter up between the 12 cups
-have a bowl of water handy to dip fingers in [aides in not sticking]
-Spread the mixture up the sides, and bottom evenly
- Bake at 400 for 15 mins
- Remove and allow to cool.

Make Core Pudding (see below) with Raspberry extract instead of vanilla. (chocolate can still be used if you like chocolate raspberry mixture)

When cups are cooled fill 3/4 of the way with pudding. Top with frozen or fresh raspberries, or mixed berries.

You can also fill with a fresh fruit mixture or sf ff cheesecake pudding for mini cheesecakes.

Core Pudding [make it any flavor]

1 Tbls Corn Starch
[i know it is not Core, but it is 0.5 points divided by 4, I do not count it]
1/2 cup Granulated Splenda
1 egg
* If Chocolate pudding add 4 Tbls Unsweetened Cocoa as well as 2 Tbls splenda
1 Cup Instant milk powder
2 Cups Water
2 tsp vanilla extract, or other flavoring

Stir cornstarch, cocoa if used, milk powder and sugar together
in a saucepan. Add egg and combine throughly. Add a little of
the water, about 1/2 a cup, and mix throughly. Put over low heat,
mixing constantly. Slowly add the remaining water, and continuing to stir.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened
and bubbly. If pudding has lumps, beat a few moments
with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Cool or serve warm.
This pudding does thicken considerably after cooling.

I got this recipe from DWLZ

twestra
04-12-2008, 09:41 PM
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds pretty good.

2- 4 oz. boxes sf strawberry Jello
1/4 tsp cinnamon
4 C water
4 medium apples

Combine dry Jello and cinnamon in saucepan.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Stir until Jello is completely dissolved.
Peel and core apples and add to Jello mixture in pan.
Reduce heat to med. and partially cover.
Simmer 10-15 min. until apples are tender, turning the apple every 5 min.
Remove apples and serve warm or cold.

twestra
04-30-2008, 01:48 PM
No Bake Fiber One Cookies

½ cup peanut butter
½ cup chocolate chips (sometimes I substitute the chocolate caramel chips)
2 heaping cups Fiber One cereal (the kind that looks like twigs)

Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Make sure not to burn. I put them in for 30 seconds, stir, put them in another 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until melted.
Add peanut butter to melted chocolate and blend.
Add fiber one cereal to the mixture.
Place wax paper on cookie sheet. (These will have to go in the freezer on cookie sheet until frozen)
Put spoon fulls on pan to make 36 cookies. Once frozen, take off pan and place in ziplock baggie and put back in the freezer. If left out, they will get melty. They are delicious and only 1 point per cookie.

You can also ½ the batch to make 18 cookies. I usually try to keep these on hand in case I get a chocolate fix.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wkl4J1K/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkl4J1K/)

http://img801.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2008/04/21/783158a8532dd62a3ec1c15308f0c682.gif (http://www.sparklee.com)

ontarget
04-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Tracie, these are wonderful. I made and entered them in the Western Montana Fair and won first place. (And they were entered against non-WW chocolates.)

RolyPolyPolly
04-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Wow! Tracie- They sound great. Can't wait to try them.

I'm curious about sugar-free choc. chips. Does anyone have any experience with them? I looked at my local store last night and they don't carry them. I was going to order some online, but wanted someone's opinion on them, first.

Thanks!

twestra
04-30-2008, 05:43 PM
I've never had them, although I had the sugar free hersheys chocolate minitures and I didn't care much for it.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wTNIQS8/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTNIQS8/)
http://img801.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2008/04/22/783158a8532dd62a3ec1c15308f0c682.gif (http://www.sparklee.com)

lysistrata117
05-05-2008, 10:32 PM
This is super good! It gets me through the hard times.

RolyPolyPolly
05-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Tracie, Have you ever used lower-fat P.B. for the cookies? If so, how did it effect the outcome (consistency, flavor, etc), as compared to regular P.B.?

Thanks-
Sarah

twestra
05-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Actually, that's what I use when I make it is the reduced fat pb. It comes out the same whether you use regular or reduced fat. Same consistancy.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wfk1I4i/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfk1I4i/) http://img801.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2008/04/22/783158a8532dd62a3ec1c15308f0c682.gif (http://www.sparklee.com)

RolyPolyPolly
05-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm making them for DBF this weekend...;) not for me, at all!
Can't WAIT

Thanks again for the recipe!
you're a DOLL...

twestra
05-09-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm sure you'll love them. They are wonderful. I need to get going and make some more. My stash is dwindling. My kids and everyone eats the, they are so good! But at least they are eating a little heathier than eating a candy bar!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wM2puXN/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wM2puXN/)

http://img801.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2008/04/21/783158a8532dd62a3ec1c15308f0c682.gif (http://www.sparklee.com)

RolyPolyPolly
05-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Well, I told you I'd report once I tried them with the sugar-free chocolate chips, so:It's GREAT. I ordered some SF chips from CarbSmart, and made them with chunky (bought by mistake) RF peanut butter... uGGGHh THe chocolate would never give it's self away. I can't stop thinking about them. I think I might have a serious addiction here.

twestra
05-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Wow, that's great to know.

blessedwithsarah
06-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Here is the cheesecake I made. It came out very good -- after putting in the fridge, it did set up to a great consistency. Pretty close to the real thing. WARNING -- does not work in a blender! I tried that first and it was close to a disaster, use your food processor. The recipe doesn't say so, but I did spray the round cake pan wit Pam first. Enjoy!

Cheesecake CORE

24 oz fat free cottage cheese
1 package sugar free lemon jello
1 package sugar free lemon pudding
2 large eggs
1/4 cup Splenda
1 can (8 oz) drained crushed pineapple
Dash vanilla

Blend all in food processor.
Bake in round cake pan for 45 or so minutes at 350 until it cracks.
Take out and put in refrigerator to set.

Vickie
06-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Warning.....this Is Not A Core Recipe But It Is A Healthy One! I was wrong. I thought my 20 year old recipe was called Texas Sheet Cake. It's not. It's called Texas Crazy Cake. I'm posting it because you all asked for it, but it's not as healthy as I remember it to be. Of course, it's still healthier than what you'd eat from the bakery. We started making it for my Mom in 1985 after she had quadruple bypass. The nutritionist at the time thought it was pretty healthy. If I were making it today, I'd use Splenda instead of the sugar. It made a really moist cake that we'd frost with icing we'd make from the recipe on the Hershey's cocoa can. Maybe one of you can improve it and make it even more healthy.

Texas Crazy Cake

2 Cups Sugar (I'd use Splenda)
1/2 cup cocoa
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons white vinegar (I know it's weird but the cake is awesome!)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cup canola oil (If you cut the cake into 12 servings each piece would have less than 1 teaspoon of oil.
2 cups water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour into 9 x 13 pan (it's better when you really sift it). Add other dry ingredients and stir in pan with a fork. Make 3 indentations. Into one pout 2 tablespoons white vinegar, in the 2nd put 2 teaspoons vanilla, and put 2/3 cup oil the the 3rd. Pour 2 cups water on top. Stir with fork until lumps are gone. Bake 35 minutes and cut into 12 pieces.

Double Dutch Icing

6 tablespoons light butter or stick margarine
3/4 cup cocoa
2 2/3 cups powedred sugar
1/3 cups skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream margarine. Add cocoa and powdered sugar alternately with milk. Beat to spreading consistency. Blend in vanilla. Put on warm cake.

ontarget
06-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Vickie, I think this is either close or is the Texas Sheet Cake. I'm going to make it. Thanks for the recipe.

Michelle B
07-09-2008, 08:21 AM
I found this recipe in Woman's Day as a cold soup, however this can easily be a morning smoothie or a dessert.

I just had to change two things to make it core - as the original recipe calls for regular sour cream, and regular sugar or honey.

Mix 1 lb of hulled strawberries
3 tablespoons of splenda (or to taste)
2 tablespoons of ff sour cream or ff yogurt (I used the ff sour cream)
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon of fresh tarragon (I used dried)
puree until smooth.

Makes about 2 cups. Chill and serve. I put it in little bowls and served it as a soup the other day and everyone couldn't get enough and didn't know it was WW friendly.

I made another batch and drank it as a smoothie.

Enjoy!!

ontarget
09-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Just got this off ***. Looks simple and is almost Core.

Apple Crisp CORE
1 Serving

1 apple
2 TBSP quick oats
butter spray
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 TBSP sugar free maple syrup

Peel and core apple. Slice thinly (if using corer-slicer, slice each slice into thirds) and place in shallow bowl or dish. Sprinkle oats over apple and spray with butter spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and then drizzle with sugar free maple syrup.

Microwave on high for 4 minutes. If desired, broil for 1 minute under conventional broiler.

Top with FF Cool Whip.

sammi861
11-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Hey everyone-

So with Thanksgiving right around the corner I thought this would be a good alternative to pumpkin pie... it's called pumpkin fluff. Here is the recipe

1 (16 ounce) can of pumpkin
1 (1 1/2 ounce) box of sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
8 oz of fat free cool whip
pumpkin spice (to taste)

Combine all ingredients in order
Chill for 2 hours

It's 1 point for 1 cup.

I haven't tried it yet but it sounds yummy.

Here's another one for a pumpkin cake

1 box angel food cake
1 can of pumpkin
1 T. pumpkin spice
2 egg whites

Heat the oven to 350
9x13 pan
25 minutes
It's 2 pts. for 1/15.

Happy Holidays!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-pinknots/slider-situp/lb/215/140/163/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Vickie
05-24-2009, 08:01 PM
This is NOT Core but it is a great WW recipe.

Blueberry Crumble Pie - 6 Points

Recipe By : Make It Fresh
Categories : Desserts

5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 9 inch reduced-fat graham cracker crust
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind (I don't use this)
1 8 ounce cart low-fat sour cream
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon margarine -- melted

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 2. Place blueberries in crust.
Combine brown sugar and next 4 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Stir in blueberries and put mixture in pie crust. 3. Combine Breadcrumbs, granulated sugar, and margarine in a small bowl; stir well. Sprinkle over blueberry and sour cream mixture.

Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until set and crumbs are lightly
browned. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings (serving
size: 1 slice).

POINTS: 6; Exchanges: 1 Fruit, 2 1/2 Starch, 1 Fat. Per serving: Cal
312(24% from fat); Pro 3.2g; Fat 8.4g(sat 2.5g); Carb 56.5g; Fib 4.3g;
Chol 11mg; Iron 1.3mg; Sod 166mg; Calc 61mg.

ontarget
05-24-2009, 09:16 PM
This looks good, Vickie. Thanks for sharing.

ontarget
09-23-2009, 11:26 AM
I got this at WW yesterday and have already made it twice. The second one is in the freezer waiting on us.

SNICKER'S PIE

2 cups CHOCOLATE FAT FREE FROZEN YOGURT
1 8oz TUB LITE COOL WHIP
1/2 cup GRAPE NUTS
1/3 cup REDUCED FAT PEANUT BUTTER

MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER. PUT INTO EMPTY PIE PAN AND FREEZE TILL FIRM.

SERVINGS: 8
POINTS PER SERVING: 2

sloanie
09-23-2009, 08:21 PM
OMG! This looks fabulous!

ontarget
09-26-2009, 02:52 PM
It is, Sloan. I have made one every day since I got the recipe Tuesday. Yesterday I used 1/3 cup SF Strawberry Jam instead of the PB. Today I'm using SF Apricot. I am still using the Grape Nuts for crunch, though. I'm eating at least 4 pts worth a day. I hope I can still lose.

Wonder if I can count this as a milk serving? Anyone know?

sloanie
09-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Sandra, I made the recipe and put it in muffin tins for individual servings per your suggestion. I have not eaten one, yet, but I did lick the spoon;)

ontarget
09-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Let me know what you think, Sloan. I hope you like it.We're worried we've been eating too much of it this week. Guess we'll find out Tues.

ontarget
09-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Sloan, I'm glad you like it. I haven't found sf pineapple jam yet but I did find sf orange marmalade. Just made a batch and am waiting on it to freeze. This stuff is addictive but the whole recipe made with sf jam or marmalade is less than 16 pts.