Old 12-04-2005, 01:51 PM   #76  

What is bcb a lot of you say you found recipes from the bcb web site are there anymore corefood recipe sites or some other sites you can tell me about.
Fanetta
nafita23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:38 PM   #77  
focused and aiming

bcb stands for bootcamp buddies, a ww support group over at ***************.net
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:26 PM   #78  
Melissa

Core Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup Splenda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla

In a medium bowl, mix together oats, Splenda and cinnamon. In a blender or food processor blend cottage cheese, egg whites, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla until very creamy. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and let rest 5 minutes to allow oatmeal to absorb the liquids. There is a lot of variation in different brands of oatmeal and cottage cheese, so you may have to add a little bit of oatmeal (or skim milk) if the batter looks too runny (or stiff).

Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place batter by spoonfuls about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until cookies are firm. Leave on cookie sheet 3 minutes before removing, otherwise they will stick. Makes one dozen soft cookies.

Banana Cookies - Substitute one ripe banana for the cottage cheese.

Pumpkin Cookies - Substitute 1/2 cup canned pumpkin for the cottage cheese. Use pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon.

Apple Cookies - Substitute 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce for the cottage cheese. Fold in 1/2 of a peeled, finely chopped apple after the wet and dry ingredients are combined.

This is not considered Core:

Raisin Cookies - Add 1/8 cup of raisins (or dates) to any of the above recipes, which will add only 1 point for the whole batch.

Coconut Cookies - Omit the cinnamon and add 1/2 tsp. coconut extract to the wet ingredients. Press 1 tablespoon of coconut to the tops of the cookies after they are on the cookie sheet. This adds one point for the entire batch. -by Brookie
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:37 AM   #79  

thanks i will go tothe web site and see thanks
Fanetta
nafita23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #80  
focused and aiming

core sorbet

1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup splenda

chunk fruit. add all ingredients to blender and blend. eat like ice cream. this is fabulous. the frozen banana is what makes it creamy. make sure you use it. other fruits can be substituted for frozen berries. i have used frozen cherries so far but will try frozen peaches and also frozen pineapple soon.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #81  
focused and aiming

i got this from a dear friend.

pop lemon cake

box lemon cake mix
1 can diet 7 up or diet creme soda
1 egg white
1 pkg lemon jello
1/2 cup water

mix cake mix, diet drink, and egg white. bake in 9/13 pan that's been sprayed with pam for 30 minutes at 350*. when the cake is still warm stir jello into boiling water and drizzle over cake. let cake refrigerate till the next day.

12 servings @ 3 pts each. you can put cool whip on top when serving.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:25 AM   #82  
Southside White Sox Fan

Crustless Pumpkin Pie - Tried and True!

15 ounce Libby Pumpkin
12 ounce can Evaporated Skim/Non Fat Milk
2 Large eggs (or 3 egg whites) I use the whole eggs beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger (you could use 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice blend. I would still put in the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon)
1/2 cup of Splenda pour (I use 2/3 of a cup because I like it really sweet!)

Combine all ingredients (beat eggs in bowl first) and stir until smooth. I guess you could use your hand beater to make it mixed better but I don't bother. Pour into a 9 inch pie pan sprayed with Pam. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 325 degrees (don't take pie out at all) and bake for another 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Recipe says it makes 8 servings (1 point) but I cut mine into 6!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:19 AM   #83  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget
i found this on bcb today. i'm going to try it.

CORE COBBLER
5 cups mixed frozen mixed berries thawed (or fresh)
1/2 cup splenda
1 1/4 cup oatmeal
1 tsp cinnamon
ICBIB spray
1/2 cup water
cook 350 35 minutes

mix all ingredients except 1/4 oatmeal and icbib spray, put into a 9 by 13 baking dish, sprinkle with remaining oatmeal, spray with icbib spray, bake. THIS IS SOOO GOOD. The oatmeal is cooked by the juices in the fruit. I am making it right now with peaches and blueberries. SOO YUMMY, and SO satisfying, too.

(i'm going to make core peach cobbler.)
I made this Friday night - YUMMY!!! YUMMY!!! I used strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries - so good!! The whole family loved it. We just used a dollop of ff whipped topping on top of it...YUMMY!!!
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #84  
Melissa

Caramel Apple Salad

8 oz crushed pineapple in juice, drained
4 medium apples, shredded or chopped
1 box SF/FF butterscotch pudding

Mix together pineapple, apples, and pudding mix. Chill.

Fold in an 8 oz container Cool Whip and/or some chopped peanuts if you like (add points).

http://www.freewebs.com/wdawson671/index.htm
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #85  

Banana Brown Rice Pudding

Recipe By : Weight Watchers Ultimate Flex & Core Cookbook
Serving Size : 1/3 cup (4 servings) 2 points per serving
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup skim milk
1 pinch salt
1 ripe banana -- mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon almond extract

Combine the rice, milk, and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 min. Let the mixture cool to room temperature about 30 minutes.

Stir in the banana, vanilla, cinnamon, and almond extract.

This pudding is best served at room temperature. But if you wish to refrigerate it, do so for no longer than one day, and cover the surface directly with plastic wrap to prevent discoloration of the banana.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving: 106 Calories; 1g Fat; 3g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 69mg Sodium.
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #86  
focused and aiming

looks good, angela. thanks for posting.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #87  
Southside White Sox Fan

I got this recipe from Corrina at the Bootcamp Buddies Website. I made them today and they are REALLY good and all Core. They turned out moist and delicious. I only had a 12 cupcake pan, however, it turns out that I got 9 muffins filled almost to the top of the cup. Anyway, if you have empty cups, just fill them half full of water and your cupcakes will bake fine! Thanks, Corrina!

Blueberry Lemon Muffins

1/2 cup oat bran
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup splenda (I'd reduce to 1/3 cup as they were too sweet for me.)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 small package SF FF instant lemon pudding mix (the second time I used vanilla and liked that better. I think the lemon pudding has a weird aftertaste. Even so...we still ate the muffins! I used the cheesecake flavor most recently and liked that the best.)

1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (I use those small individual cups that the kids eat)
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.

In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. Add the wet to the dry and stir until just mixed. Gently fold in the blueberries.

Scrape batter into prepared muffin tins. It doesn't rise too much so the muffin tins will be nearly full. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan because they finish baking this way.

The first time I made them I got 9 muffins and the second time I got 11. I think I used smaller muffin tins the second time.

Last edited by Vickie; 07-16-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:37 AM   #88  
Southside White Sox Fan

I got this from my WW Leader, Collette. We'll have to count something for the Cool Whip. I think the pineapple is Core since it is mostly drained. I'm sure this is delicious because I make a full fat version using similar ingredients.

Taffy Apple Salad (thanks to Kirsten, Pepsico At Work)

Apples (Granny Smith, Fuji, Gala, Red Delicious) or what ever you like. (Start with 6 or so and add more/less if you like.)
1 8 ounce container FF Cool Whip
1 Box SF/FF Instant Butterscotch Pudding
1-14 ounce can crushed pineapple in own juice, mostly drained

Mix Cool Whip, Pudding and pineapple in a bowl. Core, chop apples with skins on. Add chopped apples as you cut them so they don't turn brown. Mix all together and refrigerate for at least an hour for the flavors to blend and whipped topping to set a bit.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:04 PM   #89  
focused and aiming

i got this today at bcb.

Sheryl's Core Chocolate Snack Cake

1 tb. instant decaf coffee (this punches up the chocolate flavor)
1 tb. hot tap water
1 cup. dry oat bran cereal (hot cereal)
3 tb. unsweetened baking cocoa (not a core food; but 0 points for 3 tb. cocoa, according to Food Companion)
2 medium overripe bananas, with lots of black flecks on skin (this is very important, or cake won't taste as good)
1 cup measure like sugar Splenda
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract (I use imitation vanilla; cheaper and tastes as good)

In large bowl put coffee granules. Add hot water and stir throughly until dissolved. Combine oat bran with cocoa, stirring thoroughly, until well combined. Set aside. Break up bananas in bowl over coffee. With tines of fork thoroughly mash bananas into coffee until nice and pulpy. Stir in Splenda. Crack in eggs, one at a time and stir with fork until thoroughly mixed. Stir in vanilla. Stir in oat bran-cocoa mixture. Scrape batter into 8" square nonstick pan sprayed with canola oil cooking spray. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 20 min. Cake will test done in center. Cool. This is best served very cold with a nice glass of nonfat (or soy) milk.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
here are some reply suggestions that were posted with itL

"to make the best sugar free cakes, always add 1/2 *. nonfat dry milk, and 1/2 tsp. (or is it 1 tsp???) baking soda to each cup Splenda for every cake recipe."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only "tweaks" I made were: adding 1 tsp. baking powder, and adding 1/4 cup of dried non-fat milk powder. Oh. And instead of 1 cup of Splenda, I added 12 Splenda packets and there is no after-taste and it's perfectly sweet (in fact, I could probably eliminate a few packets

Used my muffin top pans to bake these, second batch is still in the oven. The recipe produced 10 muffin tops. That brings them in at barely 1 point each for those on Flex.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
someone asked if they could make less than a whole batch of this cake. here's the reply:

1, 2, 3, and 4 servings, directions remain the same as the original:

1 Serving:

1/8 tablespoon instant decaf coffee
1/8 tablespoon hot tap water
1/8 cup oat bran hot cereal -- dry
1 tablespoon dutch-process cocoa powder
1/4 medium banana -- mashed
1/8 cup Splenda
1 large egg
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/8th tablespoon? Egads. How much is that?

2 Servings:
1/4 tablespoon instant decaf coffee
1/4 tablespoon hot tap water
1/4 cup oat bran hot cereal -- dry
5/8 tablespoon dutch-process cocoa powder
3/8 medium bananas -- mashed
1/4 cup Splenda
5/8 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

One tablespoon has 3 teaspoons. This isn't going to be very exact. For the 1/4th tablespoon go with 1 teaspoon. 5/8 tablespoon would be 1/2 heaped. 3/8 banana would be 1/2. 5/8 eggs would be 1 egg. Maybe we should start from 1/2 batch and cut that in half?

3 Servings:
1 teaspoon instant decaf coffee
1 teaspoon tablespoon hot tap water
1/3 cup oat bran hot cereal -- dry
1 tablespoon dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 medium banana -- mashed
1/3 cup Splenda
1 large egg
1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract

I don't have a 1/3 teaspoon measure, I'd round that up to 1/2 on the vanilla.

4 servings:
1/2 tablespoon instant decaf coffee
1/2 tablespoon hot tap water
1/2 cup oat bran hot cereal -- dry
1 1/2 tablespoons dutch-process cocoa powder
1 medium banana -- mashed
1/2 cup Splenda
1 1/2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

i did make a few small changes ---- I upped the oat bran to 1 1/4 cups, subtracted an egg and added a 1/2 cup applesauce & cut the Splenda to 1/2 cup.
I made another version! This came out lighter and airier than the two previous versions~

Add: 1 tsp. baking soda and 1 tsp. baking powder
Add: 1/4 cup FF dried milk
Substitute: 10 packets of Splenda for 1 cup "pourable"~ STILL SWEET enough!
I made some changes to the original recipe and I like the way it came out, although I'll tweak it yet some more next time.

I added:
1 tsp baking soda (along with the baking powder)
1/4 cup nf dry milk

I subsituted:
3 4oz snack size unsweetened applesauce for the bananas (total=1 1/2 cups)
12 packets splenda instead of one cup (next time I will use more - without the bananas you need more 'sweet')

Baked it longer: 35 minutes at 350.

Next time I will add more cocoa, more sweetner, AND a little salt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE TRIFLE:

I made the original cake and found it a little dry. I got the idea of mixing sf/ff chocolate pudding to the (prepared) cake to make a trifle. I only had one cup of milk (going shopping after lunch), so I added a cup of plain ff yogurt. WOW. The yogurt gives it the 'bite" that cheesecake has (without the stomachace I always get from rich desserts)!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The next time I bake it I'm going to bake it in a 13 x 9 x 2 and bake it till it gets a little crisp. Then I'm going to slice bananas on top of it, then cover them with ff/sf/ banana creme pudding. I could just taste this when I tasted the cake.
I used fructose instead of splenda and added 1/2 cup applesauce sweetened with Splenda. I made some of the sf/ff jello pudding (cheesecake flavor) and after cutting a piece of the cake, I topped it with a blob of this cheesecake pudding.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
tonight I made these with 1 c. ff plain yogurt instead of with any kind of pureed fruit. They are great! A little bit of a different taste, but I like them a lot. Reminds me of No-Pudge.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

now this is sandra talking--i'm going to try this soon. i'm going to make it using the added powdered milk, etc... suggested to use when baking with splenda.

if any of you make this before i do, please let me know what you think.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #90  
focused and aiming

Core Brownies
(preheat oven to 350)

3/4 c oat bran
1/4 c plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 c splenda
1 package sf/ff instant chocolate jello pudding
1/2 c ff milk
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c unsweetend applesauce
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Combine oat bran, pudding mix, cocoa, Splenda, baking soda and salt, mix well. Stir in applesauce, eggs, milk (or water), and vanilla. Mix well. Let it rest for 5 minutes so the baking soda can "act." Spray 8"x8" square pan with cooking spray, spread batter evenly into pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

i also added homemade 1/2 cup homemade core granola so my mind would think the brownies had nuts. i'm easy to fool.

let me know if you make them and what you think.

Last edited by ontarget; 06-24-2006 at 02:37 PM.