Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 10:48 AM   #1  
caffeine free!

Default CCRRMM 2004 version 2.0

Well, we lost a few zillion posts, but it loks like we are back in business. Thought I would get things up and running, so to speak.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:14 AM   #2  
Spreadin' the luv.

Unhappy **she walks around, picking up scattered items and sweeping debris into little piles

Hey ladies...

I feel so traumatized...now I know what would happen if I lost 3FC for good, right? What a nasty shock to find out that we've lost posts and new members.

Never mind - they'll get on again.

Thank you to the 3 sister for what must have been a harrowing few days of frenzied work.

Avanti, ladies! We shall prevail. In the meantime, I have copious amounts of gas from eating way, way, WAY too much food in the last few days (no doubt because 3FC was down) and am not fit company for this thread. Signing off...
Old 01-07-2004, 11:52 AM   #3  
caffeine free!

I concur with Cerise about the trauma. I checked about every hour yesterday to find out if we were back up.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:29 PM   #4  
Spreadin' the luv.

The worst thing is that I think we've lost Seattlejo. New members got destroyed...

I'm actually trying to call her workplace right now, but IF YOU'RE LISTENING, Seattlejo, PLEASE GET BACK ON THE FORUM AND RESTORE YOURSELF!!!

Everyone else check in soon, too, OK?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:40 PM   #5  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Wink Was it something I said?

Hello, hello s of the Realm!

Geez I hope it doesn't mean I've got to put my new stats into the sig again.

Reporting in on two perfect days: lots of water, 9 servings fruits & veggies, two exercise sessions, no nasty white stuff. It's brilliantly sunny here (if frigidly cold) and I'm just going to take a break and walk the mile or so out to visit my mum.

Zadie, thanks for getting us started again! I could hardly believe that I just renewed my commitment and the site went down. Trying not to take it personally, though

Cerise, that's great that you have a way to contact Seattlejo, anyway. It really is traumatic when we get attached to people and then they disappear, for whatever reason.

Here's hoping everyone finds their way back! Let's make this a good one -- love to all...
Old 01-07-2004, 12:41 PM   #6  
Your Cruise Director

Red face Rawr!

Morning all
I'm busy busy today with work, so this is going to be fairly quick.

So very glad the site is back. I was worried that the site was gone for good :-( I restored myself first thing this morning, but i think because I am new I cant create new threads yet.

I'll recreate the walk to NOLA later.
Oh, and if anyone wants my email incase the site bites the big one again, it is [email protected]

Whew, now where is everyone else?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:51 PM   #7  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Angry Whew!

Hi guys! Glad to "see" ya! I imagine that such a crash is a major disaster. Kudos to the 3 for getting it up again so fast!!!!

Hopefully the rest will wander on in...a few sites were wonky yesterday...including the Yahoo mail...I only know this because of people at the library, not my personal use.

Reporting that Day 3 is halfway through...2 days under the belt...with you O Brave Arabella, the of full disclosure. I'm still hiding

Ceara
Old 01-07-2004, 02:25 PM   #8  

Was crushed when i got on and read what happened. Thanks to the sisters for their prompt attention to getting it all back so quickly.

Actually i had tried yesterday but the county library system went down just as I sat down and started to sign on.

One more example of how we will not be deterred.......Got here Sat. Problem with dh's one medicine (long story esp. when I only have an hour at a time here) but think all will be ok.

Have walked/exercised 65 minutes so far since Monday not counting the hour and a half in WalMart and the hour in Target as we gathered stuff for our "new home". First couple of days lovely, colder today.

NOT relaxed yet. I think I've just been wound so tight it will take a good while. BUT have been having some good food days, water good too but not quite there yet (unless you're judging by potty trips - don't think I could take any more.

Have been feeling homesick much to dh's chagrine. Today he said we'll go home if I want. But you and I know it's HERE I've been homesick for so now that I've touched base, all will be well.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:40 PM   #9  
deleted2

Okay, big group hug all around! It's weird but I feel such a sense of reunion. I missed you all so much!

And yes, showers of blessings on the 3 sisters for getting things up and running so quickly!

I'm happy to say that I feel completely back on track again, and it feels so good! I love the new year!!!!

Old 01-07-2004, 06:08 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi neighbors!

Glad the castle is still over here after the fog lifted!

Gosh, you know, all those New Year's Challenge posts totally disappeared, and Golly, I can't seem to remember who won!? Wasn't it us Cowz over here in the pasture??

KiwiCow
Old 01-07-2004, 06:43 PM   #11  
Spreadin' the luv.

Default Darling Kiwonk

Moooooo.

Like Eydie, I'm revelling in seeing everyone again after such a short absence. Seems silly, but get yer jollies where ya can, I say.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:46 PM   #12  
Hot Stuff

Wildfire present and accounted for! Oh my GAWD I missed you all! Just when I get back in the diet swing, it all falls apart!

We should make an emergency contact list just in case something like this ever happens again. Then we could at least send out an e-mail to meet in a Yahoo chat or something.

Just popped in to say hi, have supper cooking. Will be back later.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:19 PM   #13  

HELLO ALL!!!

When did we come back up?? I checked at 5 pm EST time and didnt think we were back.....

YES, some of us do have each others emails, but YES lets get everyone's ( if you like....) at least even if you would rather not share, take the list so one of us can be contacted.

These things do happen as all of have experienced other places and in fact, I think last year similiar crash here on 3FC.

So, last night went to a farewell dinner and ordered Eggplant Parmigiana and drank hot tea. We did order a large appetizer platter that had 5 types of appetizers... other folks either drank one or two mixed drinks, expensive beer or some ordered and shared bottles of wine .... then... about 4 folks ordered dessert. There were about 18 of us there... naturally we paid for the "honoree".... ( here we go... the point finally!).... the waiter brought the bill to the boss and he announced "It divides to $35 a piece"...... I know this is customary in many social groups to split the bill this way but if you are obviously not spending what only perhaps 1/2 of the grioup is spending... ( That many didnt drink) how is this polite ?? Never mind justified...

I didnt want to embarrass the honoree who would have probably offered to pay... but if this is the only way this group socializes outside the office... I will have to make an appearance and leave b/4 ordering or show up after the food is eaten ....

Another "new" coworked asked me about it today ...she was very upset... Our trainer ( who had not been able to go due to the flu)
said we should have asked that the bar tab be kept separate, that this is how this group does things...

Any thoughts???

Arabella!! How's it feel?? bet you already feeling more like yourself!

I'm going to take a shower while its available and stop in later.

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 01-07-2004, 07:45 PM   #14  
Hot Stuff

Kaylets, unfortunately you'll have to chalk this one up to being a learning experience. However, I would have NO problem in the future saying something like, "Please keep the bar tab separate, as some of us don't drink and can't be expected to pay for those of you who do." Or just ask that YOUR bill be separate. You could even make up an excuse that you may have to leave early and don't want to inconvenience anyone. When it's a large group like that you'll end up paying way more than you spent yourself and that isn't fair. You have to speak up or order more than anyone a few times and let them pick up the difference to even it all out!

anagram, hope you managed to straighten out your DH's medication? Sorry to hear you're feeling homesick....hope that will pass and you can relax and enjoy.

Hi Kiwonk! Hope the herd is intact and no one wandered into the sheep pasture....you know how vicious those sheep can be!

No sign of Amarantha yet? wsw? Punkin? Frogger?

I think I'll go to WW tomorrow night. I joined on a Friday because I was off work, but they don't have any evening meetings on Fridays. Saturdays there are morning meetings, but people bring their children and that will just make me angry, so I'll go tomorrow night. I've been very good this week, exercised every day, but my scale is NOT moving. I've never had big losses for my first week, but still....

Last edited by Wildfire; 01-07-2004 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:05 PM   #15  

Yes, Wildfire, you're right... I was thinking all of that even as I was handing the money over.... honestly, this is the first time I've bumped into this type of bill divison in a long, long time. ALmost 15 yrs... I figured that other style was finished....

Yes, was wondering the same about the Empress....

Wildfire, you and Arabella are making smoke !! I know you must be feeling more like yourself now too with a few days in a row!
Too bad we forget that "oh, thank you" feeling our bodies give us when we first get on a "cleaner" program....

Ok... shower felt wonderful, time to press some clothing out for the morning....

And DH's got apple crisp in the oven!
Closed Thread