Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 04:33 PM   #46  

Hi all!

This is very exciting news WSW... especially since
A: You are now thinking of "My condo"

B: You feel you have come to a new place in your journey....

and yes, I can't phrase it better than Cerise... we are honored to be here with you!!

Seems as though when some of us are posting at the same time, our posts get bumped a little....

When I had written my last post, I was right behind Wildfire.

Interesting.

No big deal, just interesting...

Anyway...

Skating's on..
Old 01-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #47  
deleted2

Wildfire, Congrats on losing 1.4 pounds! It's interesting that we all want to lose it in 5 pounds chunks, but 1 1/2 pounds is very impressive!

Cerise, WOW!!!!!! Girl, you are bee-yoo-tee-ful, and Ramon is downright dreamy...............sorry, I went away there for a little while. Thanks for the pic. Again, WOW. And keep writing, we read every word!

wsw, it's a huge step to send for the applications and I'm thrilled that you're doing it!

Kaylets, I heard about the donut guy too. reminds me of when Garry worked at a health food store and the owner sold these natural donuts as diet food; he claimed they had some exotic fiber in them and you could eat as amny as you wanted and not absorb the calories. He sold them to women by the case, Garry said. Sad.

Having some friends over for dinner tonight. She's vegan, so I made Tibetan burritos. I'll let you know.....

Old 01-10-2004, 06:23 PM   #48  
Hot Stuff

wsw, I think getting a dog is a wonderful idea! Especially if you can get a service dog....they are such wonderful animals. The Canadian Dog Guide training center is located here in Oakville, just a block from my last apartment. I loved seeing the dogs out in the yard going through drills, and even more to see them let loose with a frisbee or tennis ball for play time. They have such great dispositions. We often see them out in restaurants or stores with their "Dog Guide" training vests on so people know not to distract them. I know I would feel much better knowing you had a furry friend to keep you company and watch over you, especially after your scare a few months back when it seemed someone had been in your apartment.

Kaylets, I did get the Fast Track kit, but e-Tools are by subscription only in Canada. I'm not paying $17.95 a month to sign up.

Eydie, just what is in a Tibetan burrito?

As freezing as it is here, I am going to lace up my skates and attempt to not break anything. I'm hoping other people will think it's too cold out to spend time in an ice rink, thereby giving me more room on the ice.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:25 PM   #49  
Spreadin' the luv.

Exclamation Yes, I KNOW this is the 4th post in one day...

...but I had to share an interesting SNV (scale non-victory) with you all, since that's why we're here.

I seem to have LOST 1.5 pounds over the holiday season. Apparently consuming .5 pounds of chocolate, cheese crackers, margarita cordials, etc. (stuff lying around the sodding office) agrees with me.

I consider it a SNV because I didn't work for it - must be a fluke, dehydration, empty stomach, lighter training shoes, whatever.

Still, can't help but feel a little thrilled. I didn't gain, though I have indeed felt puffy and fat and clumsy this winter so far. The "Oh, thank you" feeling my body will have after days of better nutrition and regular exercise will far outstrip the little "whoopee" I feel after gazing at the conquered scale. Oh, who are we kidding? I was prepared to find myself back up at 225...

AND, the fact that I weighed myself at long last tells you that I. Actually. Went. To. The. Gym. And spent some good time on the treadmill. Yahoo!!!

OK, this is truly the last you'll hear of me...at least for today. And thank you all for your verbal enjoyment of my photo. You're all lovely and wonderful and generous with your compliments. And, yes, I am the luckiest woman alive. I get to feast my eyes on The Ramon every day.

Briefly...

Wildfire, congratulations. Your husband is mad. Easy on your coccix tonight, OK?

You, too, Kaylets. Thank you for thinking my phrasing's good.

Anagram, miss you terribly. Envisioning you on a veranda with lush vegetation around you and a salty, warm breeze lifting your hair.

Eydie...I just....LOVE YOU.

Rest of you: love you too.

Have a spanky evening!

P.S. No one should worry that I'm either upset about posting long or thinking I should do anything about it. I couldn't, even if I tried. Indeed, this post was supposed to be an ultra-quick-get-on-gloat-get-off deal. I rest my case.

Last edited by Cerise; 01-10-2004 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:05 PM   #50  
Hot Stuff

Cerise, you went to the gym? That is a HUGE step to getting back on the wagon! YAY for YOU! And you've lost 1.5 lbs? That's fantastic!

I survived skating. No broken bones, pulled ligaments, torn muscles, cuts, abrasions, etc. It was actually a little easier this time, and my feet didn't hurt as much. There were only 30 people there, too. LOTS of room to move. Did I mention there are two ice surfaces in this rink, each completely separate, but on the other one there are hockey players? Big hunks of men. I overheard a little locker-room talk when I was changing out of my skates... ...seems the two locker rooms share a heating vent...and yes, it's as bad as we always thought it was.

I'm loving that the thread is so active this weekend!
Old 01-11-2004, 08:27 AM   #51  

I am new to the message boards and am looking for some buddies to chat with. I am a lifetime ww 60lbs over goal. ughh!
Have been going to meetings for sometime but I haven't been to one in 2 1/2 months. Now I am 10lbs heavier. I am back on track and have lost 4lbs this week. I'm trying it at home for awhile with 3fc, dotties website, and the weight commander. I was on the ww general section and I seen where someone recommended this forum. Hope to meet some of you soon.
Becky

Starting weight 220
Current weight 216
Old 01-11-2004, 08:30 AM   #52  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Active! Wow, what a lot of posts! Still OP, and feeling less humungous, although tomorrow is WI and I'm apprehensive...

I'm just going to jump in before I'm completely lost.

Wildfire, didn't you and I get bikes last year at almost the same time? Yesterday I went to buy skates that DH had given me a gift certificate for. We've got a skating oval at the park a couple of blocks away from us, and are going to try it out today, -21 temp or not. I haven't skated for 25 years, although I did quite a lot when I was a kid. It will be interesting to see if I can still do it...

Cerise, thanks for the pic of you and your love. You are both really gorgeous and look like such a pair. Your spirits just shine!
And thanks for all those nice long posties -- always interesting, they are.

Eydie, inquiring minds must know: what is in a Tibetan burrito?

Punkin, how did your birthday slip by? We should have been celebrating the date that brought Your Punkiness to this universe! Well, just know that we do celebrate that, anyway! Here's a wish for a year full of joy and magic for you!

wsw, how wonderful to get a dog! I think dogs are the most wonderful species. Their capacity to love is unparalleled, IMO. And your bravery at facing stupid reality is inspiring.

Amarantha, thanks for sharing the experience with the couple at the store. What a difficult situation that was -- I think you did all you could do, short of having special powers of magic.

Kaylets, that donut thing was a hoot! Of course, it immediately made me crave a donut, although I probably don't eat more than one of them a year. I'll have one of the "carob-coated" ones please. Oh, make it double-carob!

With that, I think I'll prepare myself for the inaugural skate. Not sure they're sharp enough to skate on, not sure I can stand on them, but.... here goes!

Love to all, mentioned or not!
Old 01-11-2004, 08:59 AM   #53  

Hello all!

All this skating talk and the bulk of my post will be about someone else skating...hmmmmmm....
so many coincidences everywhere.....

Enjoyed staying under the covers again and then watched the National Figure Skating on tape. Just could not stay awake last night...
The tape shut itself off somehow but luckily I did see both Sasha Cohen and Michelle Kwan...
I had to go elsewhere to confirm who won ( and I was right!) but never dreamnt the score be 7 perfect 6's!!!
What a role model! What an inspiration!
Initially when I first heard her long program music, I wished it was something else but the choreography and her style made me fall in love with an opera!!
It is so thrilling to see someone so accomplished continue to set new goals and meet them.
Could she have done the same routine at the Olympics and won?? Perhaps.. but I have to think no... I think her disappointments have made her come back stronger...

Experience....It can work for you or against you.
You can face what isn't working and make changes.... or you can get the same results again and again...
Remember that joke about Insanity?? Doing things the same way and expecting different results....

Michelle Kwan's many gifts include as Dick Button calls it "wearing her heart on her sleeve"... an openess, a connection with her audience. She shares her joy of skating and is uplifted by the response. Such an exchange!!

Wow.

Today's thought of the day is:

"Adversity causes some men to break: others to break records."
--William Ellery Channing

Question of the day :

"Do you take vitamins?"

Arabella--please post the IT humor link again, meant to send to to a few IT folks but since we went down... This time, I promise to save it!!
And I am so impressed you are taking yourself skating!

Wildfire-- You too! in fact, more than impressed, am outright envious as I am not graceful and my ankles turn when I try to stand ...

Got to hand it to both of you... you are making the most out of these freezing temps! And I am sure you there wasn't all the blood was moving !!

WSW-- As you know, I am an enormous dog lover and am amazed at how truly brillant some of them are. In fact, I think the blue tick is probably smarter than me but please don't tell her!
I say, get yourself on ALL the lists. And if need be, mention the incident a few months back... after all, what better reason????
Keep smiling... its going up 10 degrees today!! Might be able to melt some of the ice on the INSIDE of my kitchen window. ( not to worry, its just from condensation!)

Cerise- Is this the SIL"s gym??? are you still considering the Danskin Triathalon???

Ceara, Eydie, Empress, Punkin, Anagram, etc... how is life treating you??

Becky!! Welcome, welcome, plenty of room right here near the fire .... please, tell us some more about yourself! We have heard of your royal kingdom and are glad to you have come to join us!!
I have just finished brewing your favorite tea, so, lets have a cup and chat....

Will be back soon!

Have a good day everyone!

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 01-11-2004, 10:23 AM   #54  
Hot Stuff

Welcome, Becky! Glad you stopped by, hope you will stay a while with us. Always room for s of Royalty in our court. There are a few of us just getting back on track, so you've come at a great time! Pull up a chair and tell us all about you.

Arabella, good for you, getting back on skates! I was thinking it was 10 years since I'd been on them, but last night I was thinking wait a sec....I'll be 35 this year...so it's more like 15 years! I bet you'll do great! I was surprised how quickly I got my "skating legs" back, and last night I actually felt pretty comfortable on the ice. I've always preferred outside skating, so I am envious that you are going to skate outside. The ice is harder than that in a rink. I don't like the feeling of my blades cutting into the surface of the indoor ice. Grew up skating outdoors on a pond. I hope your skate blades aren't too dull, though...it's easier to slip and fall if they aren't sharp. Please be careful! Yes, we did buy bikes around the same time, and now skates!

Kaylets, I used to watch figure skating on tv all the time. My mother loved it. Haven't seen any in years now, but I do remember Michelle Kwan. She was just coming on to the scene back then, and was very good. Glad to hear she's continued.

QOD: Yes, I take a Women's vitamin from the health food store, and I take calcium and acidophilus.

Time for tea!
Old 01-11-2004, 11:10 AM   #55  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry I skated!

Becky, a big welcome to you -- we must have been posting at the same time! You'll love it here. We're a fantastic group (she said, modestly But, hey -- it's true!). And if it's any consolation, I've got 80 pounds to goal (and just was surprised to find that it wasn't 60 -- dang!) All we have to do is keep heading in the right direction and we'll get there

Kaylets, I'm with you. Dogs intelligence is different from human intelligence, but they're brilliant! Here's the humor link again:
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...942103,00.html I thought of you when I was compiling it, because it's kind of geared towards presentations.

Wildfire, I have returned with no broken bones! I skated for 40 mins, fell probably five times, but got up five times, too, and skated more. The ice was a bit too hard if anything, tending to chip pretty easily. I think my skates were sharp enough but next time I'll tighten them a bit more. I remember my dad tightening them until it was like Chinese foot binding...

Time for brunch!
Old 01-11-2004, 11:34 AM   #56  
Empress/Queen

Yowza, guys! It's my and I'll cry if I wanna ... 'ceptin' I don't, 'cause I'm happy I didn't gain any more of my December loss back. Still holding despite one of those eating kind of weeks!!!!

This post is going to be brief and probably miss answering a lot of what was said as we seem to be catching up with the conversation and I'm behind as usual. Just finished work for the week ... the story from heck and am going to make my lowfat chive biscuits and spray them with butter spray for breakfast.

Re healthy donuts ... it can be done, I've done it, but why bother? If one wants donuts, one wants donuts. Why not have ONE? Life's short ... it's the 10 I eat after the one that are the problem!!!

Becky, I'm sorry I can't see your post as I type (I'm on a different screen) ... you are as welcome as the flowers in spring, sure and begorra and here beith thy crown (virtually handing crown to Becky) .... please notify the palace management if there be anything thou needeth ... towel boys or anything at all!

Cerise, I loved the picture ... you look just the way I thought you did ... fit and slender ... I think the blonde stripe you say you have now must be a good touch ... and thy personal towel boy be veeery handsome ... om shanti!

Wsw, am so glad to hear about the dog idea ... especially, as someone already said, in light of thy recent scare. As you know, I am the proud companion to a ly canine myself and believe the only thing that really matters in life is the love of a good dog!

To all s who posted encouragement to me on my depression re the young couple, thanks. Dunno why, but it bothered me more than many bad situations that I frequently encounter. I also agree with (I think it was Wildfire, but am sorry can't see the posts from here and memory faileth) that it is dangerous to just pick people up off the street and drive them somewhere ... I don't normally do that (and since she changed her mind I didn't do it this time either) ... to be honest, I had a gut feeling she was being abused and didn't want to hear of her being a homicide or kidnap victim after the fact ... probably being too imaginative. Things don't usually get to me this much.

To all s, mentioned or unmention, I'd post more replies but am extremely hungry, having worked on the story from heck for three hours this a.m. ... I intend to find a career where I don't work on Sunday morning in future.

Later, Gators!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-11-2004 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-11-2004, 11:57 AM   #57  

Ok Empress, Now you've gone and done it! Now I am really jealous! Both you and Punkin sharing a birthday month!!

Happy day to both of you... !!

What's the plan??

I am cooking and cleaning (this is just a 15 minute here) so must be off ....

Arabella: OUCH! any sore spots t his am??

Wildfire: Cannot believe you have to pay additional for the Etools..
sorry bout that. Hmmmmm

There goes the timer!

Later!
Old 01-11-2004, 06:04 PM   #58  

Hello !

Anagram posted on the NOLA thread but I am responding to her here as well so whe cannot miss ....
( don't mean to be so confusing!)

Anagram--

I have your Pennsylvania email address-- let us know if you have another..

Shall I compile a master list all and then share or is someone else ......???

DH and I ate dinner early so you know what the problem is now don' t you??

Yep... need to find something to do to distract my stomach...

That's really all it is.. just needing to find something else to do other than entertain my mouth....

So... guess I can get the clothes ready for the morning...
Old 01-11-2004, 06:12 PM   #59  
Your Cruise Director

Default happy Sunday All

I'm gone for a day and a half and you all have been busy.

Becky, Welcome to the group! This is a great group of folks to be posting with!

Kaylets, I did find a scale, and am pleased to report that I'm down 6 pounds!
Between Christmas and the new year I picked up 5 pounds and I'm now very pleased to have them gone again, plus one extra. 20 more lbs and I'm to my first reward!

Cerise, Thank you for posting that picture! You are gorgeous! And Ramon is hunky hunky. :-) Making it to the gym o is quite the accomplishment! Wahoooo!!! I havent been able to get there recently at all. You are vegetarian, Arent you dear? I've got a great recipe for chili that we just made this weekend, black bean and mushroom. Its even a crock pot recipe.

Arabella, Congrats on the skating! It's a fantastic work out!

WSW, it sounds like you're being responsible in considering getting a dog, and it sounds like now might be the best time to get on those lists. A service dog would be wonderful, its one of those things i wish my mother had had when she was ill.

Wildfire, you have to pay for etools separatly? Why? I wonder about the costs in general that are attached to WW. I signed up for a one week trial of WW on the web and it was ok, but I think the PDA program alone is working fine enough for me

Eydie, is the Tibetan Burritor recipe from the Moosewood celebrates cookbook?

Amarantha HappyHappy Birthday! And congrats on not gaining over the holidays, its really hard. That in itself is a present.

I know I'm missing folks, just know that I'm thinking of you and reading you all :-)

Oh and thanks to all for the response to walking to NOLA, I'm totalling up mileage and posting now!
Old 01-11-2004, 06:17 PM   #60  
Hot Stuff

Amarantha, it's your birthday? And you didn't mention it sooner?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMPRESS!!!

Kaylets, I don't think anyone has started an e-mail compilation list. I'll PM my address to you.

DH and I wandered around the mall this afternoon. He bought me a game to keep me busy (while he plays Ever Crack!), Zoo Tycoon. I suppose it will give me something to do other than mindlessly surfing when I'm bored, and I don't have to kill anything in this game.

Lots to do to get ready for the week, as much as I want to deny it.
Closed Thread