Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 06:31 PM   #106  
Spreadin' the luv.

Angry Back from lunch.

...still not quite me, but I discovered that the reason I'm in such a tizzy today is because of PMS. It's unmistakable, since I've also got the bloating, gas, lethargy and the more obvious signs. Isn't it wonderful to find out that your grouchiness is hormonal, not your fault, you're not a bad person? It makes me feel better, since so much of feeling bad for me is feeling bad for feeling bad. Get it?

Nevertheless, I read through the previous post and was astonished at my negativity, so I went through and deleted the most offensive bits. I was tempted to leave it, to give you a true taste of me in a bad mood, dears, but this thread for me is more about lifting loved ones up and less about letting it all hang out and being a grouch. I do think we should feel free to vent, but I was just sniping at the world in general (and I left some of it in) because of a hormonal imbalance, and venting wasn't what I needed. Sorry if I've disappointed you - if you'd like to be the recipient of a full-on, selfish, sulky PMS-induced rage session, let me know and I'll PM you. I'll PM S you.

Zadie, poor thing! It's doubly bad, since you can't run to the bathroom on that ankle. Hoping your violent sickness will abate very soon and your poor anklie won't hurt much.

Oooh, Ceara are you FREEZING yet? People in the pictures from the East look miserable. Poor things. Stay warm and maybe give your computer a thick muffler and some tea.

Arabella, no kind words here on your picture. All true. Brutally honest. You are empirically lovely. Just the facts, Ma'am. I'm with you on the crash/burn yesterday. Another sign that I was about to experience the Joy of Being a Woman - I ate an entire, yes, ENTIRE package of spaghetti last night. Oh, the shame.

Eydie, yeah, I'm curious too about your kitchen at work. Any modifications yet? Are you able to cook in it?

Kaylets, your Road Trip rampage made me laugh my head off. You' crazy, girl!! Time to get little "vigilante justice" going for 3FC. Bet Wildfire will help...

And Wildfire, my first day of WW, yesterday, didn't go so great. Well, it was my first day of meeting, but I didn't count points. Started that today. I seem to have blown through a lot of them...ah, well. Inauspicious beginnings are always encouraging for me. Things tend to last more when I've not started with a parade and such. Quiet, unassuming habits worm their way into my life more easily than loud, showy ones. Shocker if you know me at all.

Anagram, miss you. Come see us soon. Can't you get yo'self a laptop and a modem? Hmmm? Or do you strive to keep your vacations unplugged?

Love to all, and hope I haven't dragged anyone into my seething morass of Grouchy Womanhood.

Last edited by Cerise; 01-14-2004 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:37 PM   #107  

Default Please tell me you cooked the spaghetti!

Hello all!!

Hmmmmm TOM .... let the fun begin... I wonder if I am off schedule too .... very broken out and appetite just barely under control....

Empress... perhaps we can get you on the list for Empress of Mars.... after all, Royalty will be needed....

And sorry, I have enough trouble monitoring the bag I keep my lunch in much less a bag with food I can't eat.... the blue tick would have it in under 10 minutes anyway... just for fun...
Unless of course, it was dog food... and come to think of it, that might be the only thing I could carry around safely !!
I just do not have that kind of control.....

I'm sorry... what are thse simiiles?? They look like some imaginings from a wild drunken party......Chickens w/ green fireman hats?? I give up... Are they boneless chickens at least??

Dr Weil was on Larry King and a caller asked about Vertigo....He suggested gingko bilboa to increase blood circulation in the neck. I was laying down, and do have an old neck injury ...might have pinched something w/o realizing...
We'll see if there are any reoccurences.
Do not take any medications so I don't think my problem is the same as Q Punkin but then again, I really don't have a clue what happened to me!
But I am fine now !

So, they have us freezing on the news, huh?? My dad says in Fl they make a point of showing crummy weather there ... h e says it makes them forget other complaints.... go figure... Not sure what they can show me other than earthquake, mudslide, etc... ok ... it could be worse...

Ok ...

Zadie! Please be careful... oh geez... how did this happen...
Food poisioning?? SOOOOO soorrrrryyyy... had that once and thought I would never get better. saw the doctor twice...
Hope someone is around who can bring you tea and broth.....

Frogger! Keep smiling... there is nothing as sweet as saying " I'm outta here"
and when they say " Do you have a job ?" and you can say " Sure do... and a much shorter commute, the hours are perfect and I'm getting the money I want...." they will immediately assume you are getting more money...well, if my calculations are right... if you find something closer to home, you will be SAVING money on gas, tires, etc, etc... NEVER MIND ...YOUR TIME.... driving can be very tiring...

As tempting as it might be and trust me, I have bitten my tongue thru more than once on this one.... don't tell the current employer you are looking...
If the boss is combative, it could make matters worse. You are right, you want to leave when you are ready ( If at all possilble)....
Keep smiling... just read an article on how employers get so numb when interviewing that even someone asking them a few friendly questions made the applicant memorable...By smiling and interacting, the employer could begin to imagine the applicant in the job.....interacting w/the other coworkers...

And just give us the word, as soon as this snow passes, I am ready for a Road Trip... I know Cerise will ride shotgun.....

Time to get clothes ready for the am...
West Wing tonight on NBC.. 9 pm Eastern Standard Time

Think I'll have a cup of tea too.

And by the way, I havent seen licorice tea anywhere.... hear that its very tasty...anyone finding it in their stores?
Old 01-14-2004, 07:53 PM   #108  
Spreadin' the luv.

RIDE shotgun? ****, I'll CARRY the thing.

Ick. I hate licorice.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:24 PM   #109  

Default But about the spaghetti!

Black licorice I'm assuming... milder than ouzo, not as strong as Sambuca...
hmmm......

Queen of Friday... I realized during my shower I didnt mention your tumble

"I'll tumble for you..." ok... toooooo 80's!!

anyway.... I'm hoping from the keyboard activity that you really didnt break anything... tomorrow might be very interesting...
Sorry!

and yes, I do the same thing-- try to brace myself so I don't fall on the most heavily padded area... Interesting isn't it....
Cerise.. whats for supper??
Old 01-14-2004, 08:55 PM   #110  
Hot Stuff

Hello dears,

Today started off with a bang. DH was to drive to our plant about 1.5 hrs north of us to do some network installations with a new server. (He's an IT nerd.) So off he went in his car and off I went to the office in my own. Shortly after I arrived he called and said he was home, had been in an accident. Some idiot cut across three lanes into a left-hand turn lane in front of DH and because of the storm DH couldn't stop in time or avoid him. The whole right front quarter panel of his car and wheel well is gone. *poof* He picked up the larger pieces and threw them in his trunk. He spent all day dealing with police reporting center, insurance, body shop...looks like the car will be a write-off because the repair will cost more than the blue book on the car, but we'll know more later.

Punkin, I hope your wrist isn't broken! I'd feel much better if you had it looked at. You can get a flight to Toronto for $350 to $500 CDN, round trip. So when are you coming? Did you know there are 16km of underground tunnels beneath the city filled with shops and restaurants? You can shop for days and never go outside! The Yeti are not working out well. They are quite miserable creatures, wailing and complaining and hurling themselves into heaps on the ground. It's in Zoo Tycoon, the computer game hubby bought me on the weekend. Really a neat game...you build your zoo and set your prices for admission and concessions, etc., and have to look after all the animals. Very cool when the allosaur got loose from the dinosaur pen and the Dinosaur Recovery Team took off in the helicopter to nab him before he ate anyone. I'm having fun with it.

ceara, nice save suggesting the student to your elderly caller. Great idea for the community service hours! Hope your computer recovers...isn't it scary how much we depend on them?

Frogger, hope you find something on the job front.

Yes, Eydie, how is the work situation for you these days?

Amarantha, glad you liked my thoughts on the VP. Sorry to have exposed you all to my twisted little way of thinking. Nice try with the PB cup, but I have to say it never would have even made it into the baggie if it were mine.

Seattlejo, kudos to you for even trying to get the gym before work.

zadie, oh no! How did you sprain your ankle and get food poisoning? You poor thing! Can we get some of that food to go....directly to Frogger's boss?

Cerise, you can come here and PMS all you want, dear. If you need to be a grouch and let it all hang out, then by all means, do so! You bet I'll help with a little vigilante justice...great stress reducer, and I'll finally have somewhere to wear my black leather bustier. WW will get easier as you start recognizing the points in food you eat regularly. You won't have to look every single thing up because an egg is two points and will always be 2 points, etc. You're on the right track, just give it a few weeks to find your groove if need be.

wsw, any news from your world? Feeling better? Condo? Dog?

Didn't get to WW tonight because of the storm. Took 2 hours to get home after work and I didn't want to go back out in it! I think I can stop in tomorrow after work and just weigh in even if I miss the meeting.

I'm off...here's to a better Thursday!
Old 01-15-2004, 05:53 AM   #111  

Hello all!

Wildfire! Wow and am so glad DH 's ok... stinks about the car but am gald he's
ok!

We really only had a true dusting for which I'm grateful but the temps are supposed to remain only in the low teens all day.... I will bring that blanket in the car w/ me today... to carry into the office!! My desk gets a brutal draft and I do not do well in the cold....

Today's thought of the day :
"Giving opens the way to receivng."
-- Florence Scovel Shinn

Question of the day :
" Which to do prefer....too hot or too cold?"

Have a good one all!
KETTLE IS ON!
Old 01-15-2004, 07:41 AM   #112  
deleted2

Good Morning!

Wildfire, your heart must've stopped when you first heard about DH's accident! So glad he's okay.

Cerise, nobody here thinks any less of you for saying anything. Get that out of your head---why should you be more evolved than the rest of us poor slobs? Of course I'm never afflicted with PMS---heavens no....

zadie, are you feeling better? How about you, Punkin?

Kaylets, I've found licorice in some blended herbal teas--usually the ones for colds or digestion.

How are the workouts going, Arabella? I've tried a couple of different things this week and I'm so sore. I have a friend who loves having sore muscles--I hate it!

Thanks for asking about the kitchen at work. Progress is being made. New sinks; did I tell you that we have to have a totally seperate little bar-type handwashing sink? That ate up a bit of counter space, but had to have it. Now the waste water has to be monitored for 2 months before doing anything else. At this point I'm not doing any real cooking. Just assembling things still. I have a reception this morning and one on Sunday. Speaking of which, I need to get moving! It's all good; everyone enjoys it, but I miss the satisfaction of everything 'homemade'.

Old 01-15-2004, 07:41 AM   #113  
Momma Frog

Good morning all.
I have good news, and I have bad news. Which do you want first?

Bad? Ok

Won't be leaving this job for a while (I don't guess)

Ok, now the Good?

Ready?
Old 01-15-2004, 07:42 AM   #114  
Momma Frog

Really?
Old 01-15-2004, 07:43 AM   #115  
Momma Frog

OK OK.

I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2004, 07:47 AM   #116  
Momma Frog

Yes, yes I am. A little tadpole for us. Can you believe it? Lose almost 60 lbs. and end up preggers. Took a home pee test yesterday because I'm 4 days late and I threw up after my salad lunchie yesterday. I thought either I've got the stomach flu going around or I'm pregnant. (At least I don't have the flu! ) So I went to the pharmacy and bought one. It didn't waste any time giving me the + sign. So now I have to find a OBGYN near me and get a blood test 'just to be sure'.

But on the downside, I guess I'll be staying at the job a little longer. I don't see how anyone would want to hire a pregnant lady.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:47 AM   #117  
deleted2

Frogger!!!

Old 01-15-2004, 08:06 AM   #118  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile Frogger!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Is DH excited? I'm excited for you! It is nice to have some good news...all these broken and sprained body parts in this neighbourhood these days. And not incurred whilst skating!

Just a quick postie...wanna keep up the good news so won't burden with my bad stuff at this point....'cause some of it is still only suspicion on my part...and no person who lives in my house is involved. So..

Eydie...how exciting that the kitchen is evolving. Any time line on the return to "home" cooked? I mean that only in that obviously it is cooked from scratch, but is it in a home? In my case a nut house....

I'm assuming body temp for QOD... too hot because I tend to dress in layers and can shuck off...it is hard to add clothes if you've no extras .

I like the new format...you can go back, insert the cursor and add smilies...didn't used to be able to do that...had to know the codes...

Seattlejo...am gonna copy and paste that recipe and try it...wonder if it will work with canned beans...you know for those last minute Charlies...like me!

OH CER-I-I-S-S-E. (please imagine best mother calling tones there) Can I hold your gun? HUH? huh? Actually I thought you'd say you'd shoot it for her....my dear friend in the States has a DH who is a bit of a gun nut...the first time that I found out that he keeps a loaded pistol in the couch (they live a little rural) I almost Sh*t a brick! I'd been sitting on the couch! On that gun!!! So now I ask where the gun is before I set my keister down.

to all....I have to get off line...could be some not good calls coming in shortly.

TTYL
Ceara
Old 01-15-2004, 10:48 AM   #119  
Your Cruise Director

Congratulations Frogger!! Wahooo!
Old 01-15-2004, 11:00 AM   #120  
caffeine free!

Hello,
I am feeling much less wonky today. I can walk (kind of) and I am no longer sick. So all in all pretty good strides.

Frogger - congrats on the tadpole Incidently, it is illegal for potential employers to even ask if you are pregnant or have kids, and it is certainly illegal for them to not hire you becuasse of your "delicate condition". The only exception is if it is a job using dangerous chemicals that pregnant women should not be exposed to. That said, like all kinds of discrimination, it is awfully hard to prove becuase the employer can always say that there is another reason that the prospective employee was not hired.

Wildfire - I am so glad DH is ok. Gosh, winter driving is a pain.

cerise - a little righetous anger can be a pretty good thing.

punkin - how is the wrist doing?

well, i will check in later. my boss is in town right now. todya is her last day in the office this trip. i like having her arround, but i get really stressed out.
Closed Thread