Weight Loss Support - Time For Serious Fun #27

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #27

gma22
09-17-2003, 01:02 PM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #27

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
09-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Pam: You are back on track and YOU GET A: :bravo: for points.

It is boring at the Wilkinsons' house today, but I am determined not to let it make me EAT! I can stay strong and stay OP and not go over. I know I can do this and not let boredom overshadow what I want to do with my life!

Oooohh only one more week and I go on my little birthday vacation. Jack and I are like little kids. We talk about it every night, he because he needs some time off from work and me because I need to get away from the house and spend some time with just him. I "bought him" a couple of beautiful satin gowns for me to wear on the trip.

Well, ladies, I am going to go and hunt myself something up to do.

Faye:)

Oh, here are a few things that I have found lately that are either low or no fat and pretty good snacks. You may have tried them, but I thought I would contribute anyway. Anyone else that has some good ones, please post them.

Heath Smart ice cream bars 60 cal NO FAT
Slim Fast Snack Bars 125 cal and 25 fat (4-5 varietys and taste liike candy bars)
Rold Gold Pretzels sticks 110 cal and NO FAT
Jello Fat Free Pudding 100 cal NO FAT
Breyers No Sugar Added Butter Pecan Ice Cream 120 cal and 60 fat cal
Breyers Real Fruit Popsicles (these are yummy in Orange, Mango, Strawberry and Raspberry) 80 cal NO FAT

ALL THE ABOVE WERE PURCHASED AT WALMART SO SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE BUT OUR LOVELY INTERNATIONAL LADIES

mugirl213
09-17-2003, 01:23 PM
OK, I am over myc al limit yesterday by 300...so i only get 2 points! WAH! And I gained back my weight that I lost...148 again. I think what I need to do is STOP weighing myself daily. I'm going bonkers. So my mission is to ween myself off it and just do every other day and then every third, till I'm down to once a week. So my personal mission is to not weigh myself until FRIDAY!

Faye, did I miss the mission of the day?

I'm gonna drop a few extra cals off my daily limit..maybe 1000...just until friday so I can fit into my cute suede pants to wear to see my new man! i got a pair of ADORABEL brown heels and now tonight I'm going out to find a shirt to match them. This will be a super fun friday night...if ISABEL doesn't muck it up! What a wench! LOL

gma22
09-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Missy: Girl, I was back on 26 and posted at around 2:30 am with it this morning! YOU GET A: :high: for points! I am going to hypnotize you so listen carefully:

:wizard: "You are relaxing and getting sleepy, very sleepy. You can't hold your head up you are so sleepy. Now as I count backward, you will go further and further asleep. When I get to one, you will be totally relaxed. 3.....you are going deeper, 2....deeper, and 1 you are totally relaxed. Now I want you to repeat to yourself, "the scale is my enemy. It will bite me if I stand on it. I do not like the scale. I am only going to stand on it once a week while it is sleeping." Now when I bring you back, I want you to remember that the scale is bad and not get on it except once a week when it is asleep. As I count forward, you will become more and more awake, 3 you are less sleepy and waking, 2 your are almost totally awake and 1 you are fully awake and relaxed like you have taken a nap."

Ok that should do the trick now! :lol: :lol: :lol: BTW if you have a gripe go ahead and spit it out even if you didn't see my topic post this AM!

For all the rest of you, I suggest you use the wizard and do the same thing. The scale can be a big pain in the patootey when it comes to weight loss so stay off of it as much as possible.

Faye;)

mugirl213
09-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Faye you crack me up! Now that you mention it, I DID see that it was Wednesday's woes...sorry, I missed it! Hopefully I'll be afraid of that scale now. LOL

mugirl213
09-17-2003, 03:47 PM
OK I went to the dietitian site to check to see if I was doing calories correctly and I redid everything and this is what it came up with to lose 2lbs. per week.

Your Nutrition Facts
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calorie Daily Value 2,040 Calories from Fat 820
Total Fat 91 g
___Saturated Fat 30 g
Cholesterol 300 mg
Sodium 2,400 mg
Potassium 3,500 mg
Total Carbohydrate 204 g
___Dietary Fiber 25 g
___Sugars 51 g
Protein 102 g

2000 calories? Is that right Faye? I've been sticking with 1310...has the site been redesigned lately? Is it possible that I'm not eating enough and that is why I'm not losing?

Honeyrose29
09-17-2003, 03:53 PM
My prayers to Carol Ann. Makes me feel like my problems are so insignificant when you think about those who are dealing with things much worse.

I got all 4 pts yesterday.

I am having difficulty eating lately.. odd isnt it? lol! I have been so very stressed out and it is affecting my appetite. I literally force myself to eat at meal time. Now I am also battling stress headaches every day as well, so I know its got to be bad.

My woes (just so I can feel a little better) : My DH is being a real DH (add whatever words you want for those initials.. I am thinking bad bad bad.) He has been criticizing my every move lately. I am living in the land of " You can't do ANYTHING" right. Not a nice place to be. Today was the last straw. I had to send a 40 lb package that was so big I couldnt get it into my car/trunk. He wouldnt help me. Refused to load it or go with me to UPS - 5 min away- to unload it. I somehow got it loaded and went with my 3 yr old to UPS - no he wouldnt keep the 3 yr old for me either. Asked for help at the counter which they kindly assisted me. Now....I am going to show him exactly what it feels like. He depends on me for everything.. even down to getting his work clothes, socks, etc and making his coffee and dinner to take to work with him. And that is the tip of what I do for him. Tonight he will do it himself or he will do without. I am still mad and will probably stay that way due to the fact that I pulled something in my back again today.. and I just got over a pull in my back a few weeks ago. Motrin isnt helping anymore. On top of that...
My kids are being devil children. Daughter and son got in trouble on the bus for swearing at a kid who was calling them nasty names. I was fit to be tied when I got called out to talk to the busdriver. That just really made me feel like an inadequate parent. Then she calls me the next morning because son is having a real problem with not staying seated on the bus and I have to deal with that. She is threatening to write him up which eventually could lead to being kicked off the bus. From what she says he has been a nightmare. I knew nothing about this and its been going on since last month.

Where do they learn it? I do not raise my children to act that way! I am actually a fairly strict mom who demands respect and makes my kids walk the line. I just dont understand what has gotten into them.

Enough of this.. I could go on all night. Big hugs to anyone who actually read all of this and I do feel a little better.

Amanda Panda
09-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Hi Lovlies!

I got 4 points yesterday - even though it was a really hot day, I went to the gym and had a good workout - felt great afterwards!

DEBBIE:- So sorry to hear that you are having problems with your hubby - has anything happened to make him behave like this or is he always like this? As regards to your kids - it wouldn't suprise me if they have picked up the bad language from school, just because you try to bring your kids up right does not mean others do - kids pick up so much from other kids. Hope things improve for you soon.

My thoughts and prayers are with Carol Ann today.

No woes today, I think I'll just count my blessings.....

Amanda xx

Amanda Panda
09-17-2003, 04:17 PM
OOOOOPS sorry I forgot - welcome happy!! I'm sure you will enjoy being here - I love it and everyone is a real source of support and motivation.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Amanda xx

gma22
09-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Missy: It could very well be the part where you put in how many hours you sleep, etc. If you work out all the time, that will be why your get a calorie increase especially if you have increased your workout routine or time significantly. I am sure it is ok, but try it again.

4 POINT SMILEYS GO TO: :bravo:

AMANDA and DEBBIE

Debbie: Something is definitely going on with your son. You may want to talk to his teacher if you don't know of anything that could be upsetting him at home. He is acting out for attention and they will take bad attention if they don't get good attention. Is you dh ignoring him by any chance? He may need your hubby's attention. As for hubby, you know my motto, In your face all the way. I would certainly ask him nicely what is bothering him if this behaviour of his is unusual too. If he has been acting this way for awhile, I would tell him point blank it isn't acceptable. I think turning the tables on him is a good start if only because he is going to want to know why you aren't doing for him and that is your opening. BUT ABSOLUTELY find out what is going on with your son because there is trouble somewhere, a bully, or a teacher problem something.

OH BTW CUBS WIN CUBS WIN!

I gotta run as Jack will be home at any time.

mugirl213
09-17-2003, 06:19 PM
I had a hard time working out my hours and stuff but I bet that is what it is.

I usually sleep 8 hours...then I am at work for 8 hours....then beyond that it's just 1 hour or so for working out and the rest of the day could be lounging or it could be running errands...how would you work that out? Do you think it's possible that I'm eating too little and my body is just holdingo nto the calories? Maybe that's why I 'lost' with the McD's?

gma22
09-17-2003, 07:00 PM
Missy: that is extremely possible. I would try sticking closer to the 2000 for a couple weeks and see if it jump starts you, if not, maybe split the difference and do 1600.

happy dance dot
09-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Hi girls,
Wow it's going to take me a bit to know you all and catch up...but hopefully, just a little bit. The one think I have learned about you is that you all seem very supportive and are good listeners...thank you.

Today seems to be woe day huh...so I went to my gyn appt. and she prescribed glucophage forte for 1 week once a day and if the side effects weren't too bad then I should take glucophage XR once a day til further notice. Hopefully I'll be ok with it.

Now let me introduce you all to the major cause of most of the stress in my life...Andrew. He is my boyfriend and we've gone out for 1 year and 2 months. For a while we were living together, but then I made him move out. He was not contributing with nothing and so it turns out he has a bad drinking problem. He is the man I would love to marry and I have never felt like this before, but I hate the drinking problem and it has caused a lot of trouble. ALOT! I have tried breaking up with him but he always manages to sweet talk me back into his arms. And today as I am writing we were supposed to meet to go to the movies after my appt. and instead all I got was a phone call on how he got into a small dispute with someone-translation: a wonderful reason to drink-result: has not come home yet (he stays with me Tue-Thur)-prediction: he will not show up until 3am or later and wake me up, resulting in me being tired at work tomorrow.

Wow it sounds pretty ugly and clear that I should dump him, but how?:(

Sorry to dump this on you girl but I am so mad right now.

gigglez
09-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Evening ladies!

Sorry that I have been MIA but DS has been having some medical test and have been stressed as a result but all is alright just have to work on regulating his ADHD meds.

Dot, I know that it is hard to kick them to the crub but in the end you will be the one to benfit from it all. When people have a drinking problem there is nothing that you can do until they are ready to help themselves. I know this all to well. I have been married to someone who is an alocholic. As it stands right now we are waiting for the divorce to be finalized. He has straightened out his act however he knows how I feel about the drinking and is trying to take it one day at a time. I could handle it if it was only a drink or two but often it turns into more. I have constantly been praying for him.

Debbbie, I can relate to your sisuation all too well! Richard tried that a time or two esp when I was down with endo flair ups! I calmly pointed out what he was doing and how it was making me fell. It finally got thru. I too done things to show him how it felt and I am here to tell ya that it gets you nowhere fast!

Faye! You go girl!!!!!! Keep on buying those things for"HIM". I know that you will enjoy yourself on your VACATION!

I got into a 12 yesterday. Could have been misized but I dont care it was a 12!

Gotta run almost time for Corey to get home from children's chruch.

everyone please keep the people along the coast of NC and VA in your prayer!

sandy

Honeyrose29
09-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Hi all!

I am officially on 'shut down' with my DH. I did confront him when he got up (he works 3rd shift) and let him know that he was going to have to start pulling his weight around the house. He works, I work from home running an ebay store and selling hundreds of items a month, plus I do all the child rearing, cooking, cleaning, housekeeping. He has always been like he is.. sometimes worse than others. His mother raised him and waited on him hand and foot like he was a God. He thinks the world revolves around him about 80% of the time and he expects me to think that way too. I was with him a year before we married and he never showed this side until after.

I made a list. Told him he has chores and things he has to do if we are going to make things run smoothly. Things like putting his dirty clothes in the hamper, picking up after himself, doing things for himself instead of telling me to do it (i.e. he cant wash his hands because there are dirty dishes in the sink after a meal so he yells for me to come load the dishwasher-grrrrrr), and if there is a problem with the kids.. he will handle it if he is the one who discovers it. Unfortunately, I have continued what his mother started, for the past 8 yrs and its going to be a long road ahead.

He didnt say much tonight. Made his own coffee - twice because he did it wrong the first time. Man cant even brew a pot of coffee :lol:. He asked how after ruining the first pot and I told him, but I didnt do it.

I just want a 50/50 partnership. I do alot for him and I dont mind doing most of it.. as long as I am treated well and with respect in return.

As far as my son... He is almost 7 and has the middle child syndrome worse than any kid I have ever known. We do make it a point to give him extra attention, make sure that he is never left out, etc.. etc...because we know he needs it. He even has special time with DH every weekend where they go out alone and do guy stuff like fishing or going to a sporting goods shop or toy store. He has done things in the past similar to this for attention and I have even brought it to the attention of his doctor as well as talking with his teacher. In school the teachers seem to think that he is just the cats meow and a real joy. Maybe I'll get him figured out soon.

For now I must go break up the 764th fight of the evening and put my monsters in bed. Duct tape anyone?

gma22
09-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Boy, we have lots and lots of weeks with no woes and then everyone seems to have them at once. Is it a full moon?

Happy: Kiddo I MUST go along with Debbie on this. If you love the man, you must quit enabling him and when you allow him to stay with you, take him back etc that is what you are doing. Ask yourself this, "If I had a drinking problem and my boyfriend didn't and he would always take me back when I drank or got mad or whatever, would I quit?" Uh-uh, why should he? He can drink and continue to see you so why should he give it up. I have never ever ever heard of a relationship that is GOOD when one of the partners drinks. I had an alcoholic father and bil. Daddy died in his 50's from his alchoholism and my bil blew his brains all over his teenage son's room while they were at school. Please don't continue to allow yourself to be used this way. First thing you should do is go to an AL-Anon meeting. They are specifically set up for people who have alcoholics that they love in their lives. They will help you immensely!

Amanda: I feel for you sweety. Men can be such dopes sometimes, mine included. He is less dopey than most, but can be just as irritating. I ask him this morning to put our new insurance cards in the glove compartment when he left for work. I put them right under his lunch bag. HE MOVED THEM onto my bakers rack shelf and probably because he didn't want to spend the 10 seconds to lean over the seat and open the glove compartment. I haven't said anything as I will just put them back tomorrow and we will see what happens. All else fails, I will take the darn things out to the car myself!

There is this cool charity called Shoes for Orphan Souls and they provide shoes for orphans. They are having a celebrity auction of celebrity shoes on line from the 22nd until Oct 22 I think it is. I found a pair of shoes I would love to bid on for my dh but I am sure they will go sky high. They are all autographed and what a variety from movie stars to singers to sports figures. I want to bid on Roger Staubach's running shoes for Jack. He used to be a huge Cowboys fan when Roger was with the team. I would like to get them for his Christmas present.

Well, I need to go for the night. I am walking with my friend first thing in the morning so I have to get up with Jack so I can be sure the house is clean and the chores are done before she gets here.

Faye:dizzy:

gma22
09-18-2003, 06:55 AM
THURSDAY: Time for Us Thursday. Please make some time for yourself today. YOU deserve it!

I GOT A: :bravo: for points.

Check in later ladies.

jloo1957
09-18-2003, 09:00 AM
GOOD MORNING LADIES..just a few minutes to ask all of you for your prayers...my children's father has been in the hospital since early Tuesday morning..he had a massive heart attack,and is on life support now..they plan on pulling the life support FRiday,and they told us to call the family in...he is not a candidate for a heart transplant because he is diabetic,and his heart is so damaged that they cannot do no type of surgery..my first four children are his,as I have one [my 7 year old son] with my current husband...this man is only 49 years old...my children refuse to give up ...they do not want to accept that there is no options,but there are miracles,and he may possibly survive when they turn it all off..either way this is really tough,so I will be with them through this..they are so young and I wish I could take all thier hurt away...they are facing something tommorow that I can't stop,God knows I wish I could ..they all seem like they are in a daze...tonight we have a room at the hospital,it's called a hospitel room with beds and showers ,so they can have it a little easier by having that..they have camped out in the ccu waiting area and wont leave...as I know you will ladies ..please keep them in your prayers..I love all of you and will be back as I can ..thank all of you for being here...it really helps knowing I have all of you to share this with..I am hurting for my babies...love all of you....Joy

gma22
09-18-2003, 09:27 AM
Joy, we wish you the best and this is for you and your little ones:

"Our most precious Father, our dear friend Joy is hurting right now, Her little ones are in much pain over the imminent death of their father. Lord, I pray that you will comfort this family. Give them peace at this time. I pray for this gentleman as he prepares to meet you Father. I pray he is ready and he has given his life over to you so that he may be glorified in heaven. Remove his pain, dear Lord and again, touch these children and put your arms around them. We pray these things in your very holy name. Amen"

Please take just a few seconds before posting for your own prayer or silent time for Joy and the kids!

pjkdreamer
09-18-2003, 10:02 AM
Joy,

Sweetheart, I know you are hurting for your children, and I know their hearts are breaking. Just know that you and them are in my thoughts and prayers today, and for as long as needed. If there is anything you need just let me know. (I know everyone says that during times like these, but I do mean it). We will all be here waiting for you whenever you can come back. I love you!

Faye, pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water and 2 program pts, no exercise but plan on doing it this am, in just a little while. Today is weigh in day and my appt with my dietician, have not seen her in a month! boy will she be impressed!! :D

Dot, I agree with the girls about the alcohol dependent...it is a difficult position to be in, especially when you love someone, but because you are on the most important journey of your life, the road to a healthier you, you cant afford to be saddled with all of his problems!! put yourself first for a change!! and that is just it, it IS HIS PROBLEM, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO CHANGE IT, YOU CANT LOVE HIM ENOUGH TO MAKE HIM WANT TO PUT IT DOWN, THAT HAS TO COME FROM WITHIN INSIDE HIM. But living with a person who has that disease can and will make you sick also. You deserve better than that. ;)

Missy, Amanda, Debbie, and Sandy, have a great day chickies, and I will check in with you later. :wave:

Sandybrat
09-18-2003, 10:36 AM
Joy, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your children. There are no words that can heal or take away the pain right now but no that u and your children are in our thoughts and prayers. My heart hurts with yours.
Faye that was a beautiful prayer... i read it aloud and cried. I am still in grieving myself so i find that even good things bring me to tears more so than they used to. As i sit here typing there are tears running down my face.
Happy, I agree with the others... u have to make u happy..noone else will do it for u. Put yourself first... when u are true to yourself everything else will fall into place. It hard and difficult... but u are soooo worth it.
Debbie... what can i say to u...lol I will never ever understand why a woman would raise her son to be like that... that said my mil did the same thing... Just be patient and stick to your guns... hopefully he will come around. My dh is still learning... but hes trying!(most of the time) lol
To the rest of u lovely ladies... Have a wonderful day... remember to take care of U... WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL WOMEN, KIND CARING AND LOVING.... be good to yourselves!

Love you all,
Sandy:dance: :flow1: :goodvibes

Sandybrat
09-18-2003, 10:54 AM
I forgot to post my points... duh!!!! all 4 yesterday. I have been sticking to around 2200 calories a day... and i am wondering if i should lower it to 2000... what do u ladies think?? any feedback would be appreciated. love u all

Sandy:flow1: :goodvibes :dance:

mugirl213
09-18-2003, 11:39 AM
Debbie - Sounds like you got things under control with your hubby now. Serves him right! He has to do fair share too! :smug: I was wondering tho, what is your ebay ID? I would love to see what you are selling!

Dot - I hope things go ok with your BF. I understand loving someone alot and hoping they will quit acting the way they do...I recently broke up with someone who meant alot to me...he just had anger problems, nothing as serious as alcohol..but that was hard enough. It's enough to drive you :stress: and make you see :stars: but eventually you get to the point where you can't take it any more and you have to do something about it! I hope that helps to console you in some small way.:wave:

Joy - My thoughts are with you in this time of sadness. I wish you the best and hope that everything will turn out fine for you. :grouphug:

PJK - Hugs to you sweetie!

Sandy - faye pointed me to a site called www.dietitian.com that helps you to calculate your calories and what you should be eating. Check that out and see if it works!

Faye - I guess i get 4 points for yesterday as I am sure that I didn't go over 2000 calories. LOL I'm gonna try that plan for a little bit and see how it goes. Maybe my body does need a little more food. Who can say.

Ahh I'm really disappointed...:halfempty as I was supposed to go visit my friend this weekend and spend some time with her and the guy I met with her last weekend (her bf's roomie) as we seem like we could get along rather well. But she called me this morning to cancel our plans due to Isabel. We had a heavy rain on Monday and she's worried that with that and the storm that her town will flood...it's not worth this guy, I know, but I was so excited to have someone to take my mind off the other two guys that I am not incredibly disapointed. I even got a CUTE new outfit to wear.

BUMMER! :(

But on the plus side, I talked to my "mr. big" last night...this guy who lives in NYC who I absolutely adore and we had a great convo online. So that made me happy...but I just wish I'd hear from Jim, the guy I was supposed to see. My friend asked for my email to give to him but so far I haven't gotten anything. WAH!

Isn't today Wednesday? Can't I share my woes? LOL

In the mean time, I'll be here with my :rain: waiting!

Mirabelly
09-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Good morning all.....it is still morning, right.....yup, just barely.

Joy, I'm so sorry to hear your troubles. Noone should have to bear that kind of grief, but we all do I guess. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!

I've been thinking about all the heartattacks and deaths mentioned here lately and how the only silver lining I can find is that I know I'm finally doing something to prevent my friends and family from going through this hardship.....I'm finally getting healthy! I don't want to leave this earth for a good loooooong time!

So, points for yesterday...3, no exercise :( I kept saying I would do it in a few minutes, or when dh got home.....never happened. I spent waaaayyy too much time on the computer, too. SO, I've decided that I will NOT GET ON THE COMPUTER UNTIL I'VE DONE MY EXERCISE!!!! Not even to check in with you gals! If I'm posting here, I'd better be telling you I'm done with my workout or you can all kick my butt! :lol: :lol: And yes, I already did my time today. I really want to get outside and enjoy the fall mornings, my favorite time of year! So, I'm going to start getting up before the kids and going outside for a walk or bike ride. At least until the snow flies.

Speaking of which, snow that is, WTG FOR ME ....I just couldn't get up the desire to lift weights today, so I decided to tackle a chore that I've procrastinated all summer....the woodpile! Now, I know all you southern gals take your heat for granted, but it's all part of the CHARM of living up north that you gotta haul wood. I don't mind it, it's a great upper body workout and it makes you feel all "earthy". HOWEVER, I had to evict a few snakes from their summer home. I FREAKIN HAAATTTEE those things!!!!!!!! Now, understand that up here there are no poisonous species and ok, they really are no bigger than really huge worms, but STILL....So, I'm proud of myself for facing my fear today and clearing out a very old woodpile. I didn't even scream when I saw the little buggers! A first for me :) The best part was my 4 year old son....after I saw the first one, he went over to check it out and said "OH MOMMY, IT"S BEEEAUTIFUL!!" So, not wanting to be the overreactive freakout type of mom, I went over and checked it out with him. from a distance, of course. It really was kinda pretty, all white and black checkedy. So, after that , I started kicking the wood before I moved it! :lol: What a goofy sight!

All of you with boyfriend/husband problems........chin up! Communication Communication Communication! And DOT--you will never change a man who drinks! Dump him now....maybe he'll change and then you can always pick things back up again. But if he doesn't, then you're in for a world of hurt. It's not worth it!

Mirabelly
09-18-2003, 12:41 PM
OOPS, hit the send button before I signed off.........
so, Later all!
Julie

mugirl213
09-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Julie - you crack me up! i SO know the dilemas of wood! we have 2 wood burning stoves in my house...from the starting of fires, to keeping them going, to dealing with the 90 temps b/c you can't regulate it, wood is NO fun. my usual nemesis are the spiders that live in our woodpiles. EW!

mugirl213
09-18-2003, 01:16 PM
OK I am just the happy poster today. Here's what I've decided...i'm adding a bit to my calories...I played around with it a bit and put my day as such:
8 hours sleep
2 hours light activity
1 hour moderate activty/heavy activity (i calculated with both)
11 hours very light activity

So with both of those calculations, i came up with a range of 1530-1670. I think the problem is that I calculated my calories without my workout worked into the equation...with that added in, I get 200-300 more calories...so that makes more sense.

OK i'm logging off for a while now...bye!

pjkdreamer
09-18-2003, 01:32 PM
Good News Chickies,

I lost another 3.5 lbs since my last weigh in on 9/8! :spin: :strong: :jig: :cb: :cp: :dance: :dancer: brings me to a total loss of 37.8lbs, that 50lb mark does look doable now for sure! It is my goal to be there by 10/31.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR BEING HERE FOR ME TO SHARE MY LIFE WITH. I LOVE YOU ALL:grouphug:

Sandybrat
09-18-2003, 01:44 PM
CONGRATS!!! PAM!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO:bravo: :cp: :hat: :dance: :goodvibes :balloons: :cb: :flow2: :dancer: :grouphug: :high: U GO GIRL!!!
I am soooooo very proud of u!!
Have a fab day all!!!

sandy

mugirl213
09-18-2003, 02:11 PM
YAY pam! We love you you sexy girl!

happy dance dot
09-18-2003, 04:47 PM
Joy- I will keep you, the children, and their father in my prayers and thoughts. They must be having a really hard time with this. How old are they?

Sandy, Debbie, Faye, Pam, Missy, and Sandy-gigglez thank you for your input regarding the bf. Your words just give me strength and reasurrance that I know what has to be done and that I am not acting or thinking unfairly. Thanks girls.

Pam- congrats on your weight lose-you go girl!!:cb: :cp: :hat: :flow2: :balloons:

Faye- I am definately following your advice and taking sometime for myself today. I will go window shopping withj my best friend and spend some quality time with her.

As for Andrew he is still in my apt. and won't be leaving til tomorrow due to alchy binge he did last nite...and he says he wants to talk with me...I tell you girls I will be tough and think of everything you all said to help me stay strong and not give into his sweet talking and baby cries. I need to start thinking about myself...my happiness and health.

Have a great day!:smug:

Oh yea and by the way my name is Dorothy:D

gma22
09-18-2003, 04:57 PM
big HUGE WTG's FOR PAM AND JULIE! :jig: :cb: :cp: :dance: That is just great for both of you.

OUR THREE POINTERS TODAY ARE:

PAM :cp:
JULIE (THOUGH YOU SHOULD GET FOUR FOR THE WOODPILE EXERCISE!) :cp:

OUR FOUR POINTERS TODAY ARE:

SANDYB :bravo:
MISSY :bravo:
ME :bravo:

Pam: That is so great and I bet your dr or nutritionist was just thrilled with your progress! So am I . That is just fantastic.

Julie: Snakes I can handle, rodents are a different matter. Girl, you moved a WOODPILE and you don't consider that exercise?

Sandy: I just pray from the heart and I just hope things work out ok with the children. It is so very hard to explain it to them even when they are a bit older.

My dd wants me to go on the Zone Diet with her starting Oct 1 and I am thinking about it. It is hard to get outside of your comfort zone though and it will be different for me to think in that way. I just don't know about how effective it really is. I mean, at the weight I am not, I would get something like 20 blocks of protein which if let's say it was chicken breasts are 2 BIG chicken breasts. Who knows? I haven't decided what I want to do. I just know that I have to change what I am doing now because I am not losing or losing and gaining and that doesn't work. I may try it for a month and if I don't see progress or I am gaining weight I will stop and go back to fat and cal. It is kind of complicated though I think.

My sweet Jackie Poo (Boy would he kill me for that one! :lol: ) has lost 4 lbs already. I was really excited for him and he was just like "Yeah, that's nice." Funny man!

Well, gotta run.

(I bought myself a ring on clearance at HSN and dh doesn't know. Hope I can intercede the mail when it gets here! :lol: I will post a pic when I get it.)

Amanda Panda
09-18-2003, 05:30 PM
Hi Slimmers!

I got 4 points yesterday!

Joy - I am so sorry for the grief that you and your children are facing.

Lord God I offer up my prayers for Joy and her children. Please pour your love into them now and comfort them as only you can. I pray you bring peace to the childrens father and bring him safe into your loving arms. Please give this family your special care over the next days, weeks and months - support them, comfort them and love them. In Jesus name. Amen.

SANDY B:- Heavenly Father, I pray you bring comfort to Sandy as she grieves for her brother. Please surround her with your love and keep her safely in your arms always. In Jesus' name. Amen.

DOT:- I agree - I think you need to dump him! It doesn't sound like he is bringing any happiness into your life - and you deserve the best! My sister went out with an alcoholic for years and thought she could change him. Finally, she left him and she is now happily married to a lovely man and has 2 beautiful children. There are some situations that you cannot change and this is one of them. We all want you to be happy and truly loved as you deserve to be!

PAM:- Whoooo-hooo!! Another great loss - you have been working so hard, you really deserve it and more!

MISSY:- I haven't forgotton about your questions about Ireland - I will PM you soon!

Everyone else - keep on keeping on!

Much Love

Amanda xx

gma22
09-18-2003, 07:46 PM
You girls are just fabo and I thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I have one more:

Lord, we come to you and ask you to give strength to Dorothy as she has a hard decision to make and needs all of your support right now. Gird up her loins and make her strong to talk to this young man. Let her not waiver in her resolve to do what is best for her. We also pray for Andrew that you might touch his heart right now and make him see what he is doing to himself and to Dorothy. Give him strength to admit he has a problem and to get help. We thank you Lord for bringing her into our lives to love and care about! Amen

Had the stinker at my house today and as usual it was like a whirlwind has gone through it. She makes him clean up, but you are just exhausted chasing him around. He got my extra keyring garage door opener (which the battery I thought was dead) and he was opening and closing the garage door and making his mom and I chase him to get it away from him. God love him, he is such an ornery little thing but you can't be mad at him because he is so darn FUNNY!

Just because we have had multitudes of sadness, depression and worry lately, I am enclosing a picture of the girl that was my daughter's maid of honors new baby. Her name is Mary Elizabeth and she was born last Friday. Isn't she a cutey! I WANT ONE.....Uhhhh, scratch that what am I saying? :lol: :lol:

Oh, Amanda: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points

pjkdreamer
09-18-2003, 07:59 PM
Evening Friends,

Faye the baby is just precious, you always know just what to do, and say, the prayers for Joy And Dorothy were beautiful and kind and loving...just like you!! oh, and Congrats to Jack. those men folks lose it alot faster than we do!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: seriously, I am pleased for him, it is nice to have someone doing it with you.

Check in with you chickies later on tonight, time fro dinner almost, I am :hun:

toodles:wave:

Sandybrat
09-18-2003, 09:34 PM
U women are just amazing... i honestly do love you all! Amanda thank you for your prayers... it means so much. I am so glad i have found a place to come and "talk" and visit... to be heard and to hear others. It has been a godsend. As for today i stayed on program, drank my h2o but did not exercise. I am still pooped out from yesterday!! I even slept in today... blew off the alarm and slept til 7:30... oh well, must have needed it. U ladies have a fabulous night... i will talk again with u in the morning

Sleep well and Sweet dreams...

Sandy:flow1: :goodvibes :dance:

Mirabelly
09-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Evening ladies!
Just thought I'd pop in........too pooped to do anything else.

Hey, Faye, I moved the woodpile TODAY......I got the 3 pointer YESTERDAY! :lol: Maybe I wasn't clear....but tomorrow, you betcha I'm claimin' that extra exercise as a 4 pointer for today. Who's on first? I don't know, Third base!

Anyhoo.....BIG congrats to you Pam :cp: :cb: :cb: You should be so proud of yourself!

The pages in my food journal are starting to get thick! I was amazed at how many days I managed to keep up with. I'm debating the weigh-in tomorrow....kinda scared again, incase there's no loss. But, I'll probably cave. :)

I had the most amazing dinner tonight. Juju on the "skinny daily post" mentioned spaghetti squash as being a good substitute for pasta. Now, I had spag squash when I was a kid, with butter and salt, but it was kinda icky. I decided to try it again as an adult, since our tastebuds change over time. And SAY....I like green eggs and spaghetti squash.....I do, I like them Sam I am! (ok, forgive me.....it's late and I should really be in bed!)

I made up the squash and then put some pesto sauce on it and sauteed up some asparagus, onions, olives and red peppers, oh and artichokes. Mixed it all together, yummmmyyyyy! If I didn't think too hard, it did actually taste like al dente spaghetti. go figure. My kids even liked it! So, next time I'm gonna try it with marinara and meatballs.........dh is pissed, though, cuz he used to grow the stuff when we had a garden and I never cooked it. I had no clue how to use it, and I"m not a huge squash fan. So he's all "I was right and you were wrong...I"m gonna sing the iwasright song!"

Oh gawd, I need some sleep! See you ladies in the morning, AFTER I workout!

Sleep tight,
Julie

pjkdreamer
09-18-2003, 11:49 PM
GOOD NIGHT CHICKIES, PLEASANT DREAMS :bubbles: :bubbles: :bubbles: :bubbles: :bubbles: :bubbles:

happy dance dot
09-19-2003, 12:23 AM
Faye- Wow I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that prayer. You really touched my heart. Thank you.

I am really glad I found this site and especially greatful I found you girls. You all are very welcoming and have warm hearts.

I am in a better mood today for several reasons...

1- I finally got my WW at home kit today so I will be reading the info through the weekend and starting on Monday- wish me luck.

2-I went with my best friend window shopping and we had dinner together. Very nice...I needed that time for myself.

3- I got on the scale today just to see what my starting weight would be and to my surprise it read 171.5lbs!! That means I've lost 3.5 lbs. i am truely happy about that.

So today has ended on a happy note for me...so happy I will do my famous happy dance:dancer: ...oh and Faye what a beautiful baby she is. i love kids.

Well, that's all for now have yourselves a very good night and sweet dreams.

pjkdreamer
09-19-2003, 12:49 AM
WAY TO GO DOT!! YOUR LOSS IS FANTASTIC! YOU GO GIRL! :strong: :dancer: :dance: :high: :twirly: :balloons:

LATER GAL!:comp:

ritu
09-19-2003, 04:21 AM
Hello , I've really missed you girls and apparently I've also missed out a lot.

I've been away to that temple on the hills. It started very badly - I got off the train at a station to buy some coffee and the train started. Tried jumping on, slipped , one leg was between the running train and the platform..... It's a miracle I survived. Otherwise the trip was O.K.

Dorothy, welcome to this site. I have often referred to these lines in my life, they make a lot of sense:

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE, THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN, AND THE WISDOM TO DISTINGUISH THE ONE FROM THE OTHER - Reinhold Meibuhr.

I hope things work out for Sandy, Joy and Dot who are going through a difficult phase in their lives, and that they have the courage and strength to cope with the present.

Debbie, just pamper your son extra. Give him lots of time and affection. He's so young, you can easily handle his problem with love and patience. Talk to his teachers and the person in charge of the bus.

Take care

Ritu

gma22
09-19-2003, 06:33 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs. DOwn Friday. Time to brag girls even if you already told us, tell us again what your weight loss is!

Ritu: We missed you and thank goodness you didn't get too hurt. You must have at least scraped something. The Serenity Prayer as it is called is used by Alcoholics Anonymous and for good reason. We need to ponder it from time to time as it is pretty good advice. We are glad you are home safe and sound and hope your "journey" didn't mess you up food wise too much.

SandyB: You got a: :cp: for Wednesday.

I hope all you ladies are going to have a nice weekend. We are going to clean the deck and get the patio furniture and BBQ put away for the year. Oh what fun!

I will check back later this morning.

Mirabelly
09-19-2003, 08:42 AM
GOOD MORNING CHICKIES!!!!!

This is me, screaming at the top of my lungs....I lost FOUR pounds this week!!! FOUR FOUR FOOUR.........:D :D :D I feel so awesome....dh actually told me he was proud of me! He rarely does that! Then he was all dejected cuz he weighs more than me, but NOOOOO. He weighed himself, and HE"S lost 8 pounds in the past couple of weeks!

I've now officially lost all the weight I put on last year during dh's layoff and our very stressfull move. This is about where I was this time last year........so it's all FORWARD progress from here.

Before you ask, YES I've already done my exercise :) I got up at 5:30 and walked in the brisk clean and DARK Maine air. Good golly we have alot of roosters in the neighborhood........and I almost got mugged by a herd of TURKEYS!

And the best part of my morning.......my clingy four year old actually GOT DRESSED BY HIMSELF this morning! I didn't even have to ask him :cb: :cb: :cb:

WOW what an awesome morning!

DOT--Woo Hoo for you!! :dance: :grouphug:

I hope you gals have a superior day......mine already is!!

I'll check back in a little while
Julie:dancer:

gigglez
09-19-2003, 08:48 AM
Morning ladies!

Life has been right up there with being overly stressful right now. One of these days this carny ride is going to let me off.

OK weight loss......I am curently down 37 lbs. Trying my best to get the loss to go futher. My goal is 150. I am hopin to achieve this goal by the end of the year.

Ritu, so sorry to hear of your troubles on your trip. You are truly blessed that you survived. I am prayin for a speedy recovery for you.

For now the shower is calling my name time to go and get going on my day

sandy

gigglez
09-19-2003, 08:49 AM
WTG JULIE!!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing an awsome job!!!!!!!! Keep up the great works!!!!!!!!!!!

sandy

gma22
09-19-2003, 09:29 AM
Julie: Magnificent job! Wow that is so great! Let's all hear it for Julie (and a little one for hubby too!)

HIPHIP HOORAY HIPHIP HOORAY! :jig: :cb: :bravo: :hat:

YEAH FOR HUBBY TOO! :hat:

Sandy: Hang tough honey! Try and exercise to get those endorphins going to give you a lift! You can do this, I know you can!

I talked to Jack this morning and decided against the Zone thing. It is overly complicated, if I want to cook something you have tons of stuff to buy like oat flour, protein powder etc and I am not spending money on stuff like that. Instead and what I think is a better idea is that since I have all this time on my hands, I am going to work on 3 weeks of menus for myself that will coordinate with whatever food I am feeding Jack for the evening. Like if he is getting pork chops, mash pot and green beans, I may broil a chop with the green beans and some rice or an extra veggie. I did an e-diet profile to see if it fit with the dietitian one and it says I should be in the 1800-1900 range so I am back down to it and scaling my daily menu to fit it. I am going to the store tomorrow with a list of "packaged or canned" foods that I would be interested in eating but don't have fat and cal on and writing it all down then coming home and starting on menus. This way I know exactly what to eat everyday. It is what I was doing at the beginning and obviously it worked. The other thing is to scale back on "bad" carbs like bread pasta and stuff. I have been eating way too much of this kind of stuff and am going to allow it, but scale it back.

Well, I have been up since 4 am so I think I will lay down for awhile and then get up and have breakfast and exercise. Today is glider and strength training day.

mugirl213
09-19-2003, 10:47 AM
Hmmm ediets says I should be between 1200-1300. ARGH. I'm so not sure what to do. Maybe I'll increase by like a 100 just to cover my hour long workout. That sounds about right.

But at any rate, looks like I lost 1 1/2 to 2lbs. this week. I'm making Friday my weigh in day so now I just have to promise myself NOT to weigh in before then. :)

I was on my new plan for yesterday, so I get 4 points, but I"m not sure how to work the whole thing considering that I need to reevaluate it and all.

Oh well.

COngrats on the weight loss everyone else! Proud of you girls! These two weeks paid off for the girls who weren't slacking like me! :)

pjkdreamer
09-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Good Morning Chickiedoodles,

Julie.......congrats....Missy........congrats on your losses. WOW!:strong: :jig: :cp: :dance: :dancer: :grouphug:

Ritu, glad you are back, I missed you.

Sandyb and Dot: have a great (healthful) day girlies!:D

pts for yesterday: 2 program pts. 1 pt for water, and 1 pt for exercise, feeling good! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have to be at work by noon, so better get moving.:jig:

Honeyrose29
09-19-2003, 11:11 AM
Good morning girls

I am down to 144!!! Yippeeeeeeeeee Waaaaaaaaahooooooooo!
Boy these pounds come off slow for me and I am sooo thrilled with every one.

I got all 4 pts yesterday as well.

Missy.. good question on the cal intake. I am personally doing 1300 a day and we are about the same size. 1300 works for me. I am also taking the Weight Smart vitamins faithfully. I have noticed loss since I began them. Maybe wishful thinking? Congrats on those 2 lbs down!

Julie.. I laughed SO hard at you almost getting muggedby a herd of turkeys:lol: Congrats on your 4 lb. loss!!!

Everyone else.. Have a wonderful day and I will be thinking of you all!

:grouphug:

happy dance dot
09-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Julie, Missy, and Debbie congrats on ur weight loss:spin: :flow2:

Faye-go for it I am sure it will work.

Ritu-Thanks and hope you're okay.

Well, girls have a wonderful day. I'll check in later.

Mirabelly
09-19-2003, 12:03 PM
Hey, now, a herd of turkeys is nothing to laugh about! Those suckers'll peck your nose off!!:eek: :lol:

Ritu--bummer about the train, but how did your pilgrimage go? Did you learn anything? Let's hear about it....unless that's too personal.

Honeyrose--I think I remember seeing 144 back in 6th grade! :lol:

Later all,
Julie

Amanda Panda
09-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Hi Girlies,

Well I've been very naughty and weighing myself every day - even though my official weigh day is Saturday. I've been really strict since Monday and have done some really tough workouts for four days in a row - and my scales say I've gained a pound!:bomb:

The only reason I can think of is that because I've worked out so much I've gained muscle, but I can't help thinking that the weight should be dropping off. Another thought is that because I've worked out really hard for four days, I haven't given my muscles a chance to relax yet?. I'm having a rest day today (my body was crying out for it!) and hoping that all the weight will drop off overnight before my official weigh day tomorrow!. I took my measurements at the end of August, so next week I will measure myself to see if I've lost any inches. Anyway, I'll let you know tomorrow!

RITU- Glad you are back safe and sound (just!) That could have been really nasty - I bet it shocked and upset you and hope it didn't ruin your trip.

DOT, PAM,JULIE, DEBBIE, MISSY:- CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR WEIGHTLOSS!!! :hat: :dance: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :cb: :cp:

Oh by the way, I got all 4 points yesterday!

Amanda xx

gma22
09-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Amanda: Am I gonna have to hypnotize you too?

OUR 4 POINT SMILEYS ARE:

PAM:bravo:
AMANDA: :bravo:
DEBBIE: :bravo:
JULIE: :bravo:

2 POINT SMILEY:

ME :high:

Missy: You didn't post your points I don't think. Oh and btw, please stay in the cal zone that is the best for you. I don't want you to bounce around because I am going to. If you are starting to lose with the increased calories, then by all means stay there.

I need to go and get the laundry.

Faye;)

mugirl213
09-19-2003, 05:01 PM
Well Faye, I did want a second opinion. I just don't want to go backwards...i.e. do increased calories and then fall back into gaining weight. I'm not sure what to do. :/

gma22
09-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Missy: Ok, dietitian.com said what 2200? E Diets say 1300? So Why not try 1600 and see how that works, but give yourself a good two weeks for it to settle into place. The weight you lost this week is that the higher plan or the lower amount? I think for you that 2200 is way too much. I would really try the 1600 and see how that works.

Oh, brother how did I miss your points?

YOU GET A: :bravo: for points.

Cubs are barely ahead 10-9 and I want to check the score.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

gigglez
09-20-2003, 12:17 AM
Evening!

OK I think that I did pretty good today. Got water, eating was good, and for exercise I never sit down while I am at work and I am walking up and down stairs all day so I guess that you could say that I got in some exercise! ediets, I started to go there but haven't made the time to might have to to see what all the talk is about. Squeezed into a 12 today. TIght but hey they buttoned and zipped!

Here's to a blessed day to all

sandy

gma22
09-20-2003, 07:41 AM
DO NOT POST HERE! IT WAS FOUND TO BE HAUNTED!!! :fr: WE HAVE MOVED TO HOUSE #28