Old 12-31-2016, 05:59 AM   #1  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Default The Big Spring Slim Down

Welcome to the 2017 Big Spring Slim Down!!

Some of you previously mentioned that a challenge within 300+ would be pretty cool and motivational for starting the new year. So I have arranged for the first 8 weeks to be our first challenge

WHAT SHOULD YOU DO:
- Decide on a goal weight to reach by the last week of February.
- Enter your weight for the first week of January.
- You can also enter your measurements on the lower tab (to a new page).
- Come back to this post to follow the link every week to enter your details.

* If you are on Vacation or have had to miss a week then write a note (right click and note) on that weeks cell, then move onto the next.
* If you would like to join the challenge late, then as long as you have the previous weeks weights, then it will still calculate properly, so welcome on board.
* If you miss 3 weeks in a row (without notification), I will delete you from the spreadsheet. This will make it easier to see people who have completed the challenge.

****PLEASE ONLY ENTER THE DETAILS AND NOT MODIFY THE CELLS****

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

RULES:

1) Weigh in day is ANY day of the week, Mon-Sun.
2) Yes, you can go back and change a weight, if you have weighed in lighter another day of the week.
3) You can change your goal weight at any point, this is for your reference only.
4) Winners are calculated by loss of % of total weight, and not in lbs. However I may offer another win to the person who has lost the most weight.

Please stick around and stay active in this post, it will help keep those in the challenge motivated and supported. You can post your daily meal plan, weigh ins, exercise plans, or if you have a FITBIT maybe you can connect with each other and challenge each other.

Last edited by Scotsgal; 12-31-2016 at 06:00 AM.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 06:07 AM   #2  
Determind Member

I will start off for today, Its super windy outside today, not sure if there is a storm coming or not. BUT I need to go into town and buy a few things for my Gran who will turn 75 tomorrow, I also need to up my steps on my FITBIT Charge2.

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs on toast with a 6g of ketchup and a cup of Tea

Lunch: Possibly a bacon salad open sandwich, or Chicken Breast salad open Sandwich

Dinner: Salmon with herby baby potatoes and some veggies

Snacks: If I feel I need a snack before dinner, then I will have a greek yog, but I am going to try not to as I can imagine my sister has baked something for going round to hers tonight for NYE. I am planning on drinking only Water and Tea tonight, wish me luck
Old 12-31-2016, 08:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I'm so excited! Probably wont do the measurements. I still haven't looked at my starting ones yet.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:28 AM   #4  
Dream Maker

S/C/G: 337.3/337.3/200

Height: 5"10

I'm in! I'm starting my 30 days of healthy tomorrow with 2 relaxed days built in. Already have dinners planned for the week. Gym membership car hot and ready to go.
Cntrygrl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:51 AM   #5  
Determind Member

Ohh So I weighed in this morning just to put in a weight for the sake of it starting today. I still haven't got that xmas weight off . My weekly weigh inns are on a Wednesday, so here's to hoping that on Wednesday I have have a better start off weight.

Hope everyone is doing well on day Number 1.

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs, wholemeal sandwich thin, 6g of ketchup, cup of tea

Lunch: 125g of roast cut chicken, 20g of spinach, 5 cherry tomatoes, 75g of cottage cheese, 1 small Gala apple.

Dinner: I think will need to be 92.5g of Prawns, 125g of lemon rice, half a sachet of sweet and sour sauce and a veggie steam bag at 60cal.

Meals should add up to: 1089Calories **Must not add due to snack attack**
Old 01-02-2017, 12:01 PM   #6  

My weigh ins are on Friday. I don't want to adjust my personal spreadsheet so ill just be a few days behind everyone.

I haven't done this daily food thing but maybe it will help plan my days better if I see it in writing. Although MFP is pretty amazing at keeping me on track

Breakfast: 5oz of chunk rotisserie chicken with hot sauce. Cup of chicken broth.

Lunch: 1 cup egg whites with pico de gallo with 35 calorie bread

Dinner: lean michelina (sp?) Salisbury Streak dinner with 35 calorie bread and small salad with fat free feta and olive garden dressing

Snack: maybe some buffalo chicken dip if I don't go overboard with the eggs and bread.

Total calories for the day was 1678. I went a bit overboard with the dip and some additional snacks

Last edited by RubyLeprechaun; 01-03-2017 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/257/155

Height: 5'6.5"

I will join! sounds like fun. I weigh in on Sundays. I am doing a very low carb diet. I am not new here, but I haven't been here in a long time. I am lindifer on myfitnesspal.
Lindifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I'm in!!
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I want in! Gotta fill in the sheet later. Not on a laptop currently.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm in! I have a fitbit, and I'm totally down for a step challenge to get my butt moving.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #11  
Determind Member

Well yesterday wasn't so bad, had exactly what I said I was going to have, except I had a piece of lemon drizzle cake and some cheese later on after dinner. Today I decided it was time to move my butt and aim for my 10,000 steps on my fitbit. So far (at 10.40pm), I am at 11,007 steps It also didn't feel so bad, I am hoping that I will be able to keep above 8,000 steps for the rest of the week.

To be able to hit 15,000 at one point within the next 2 weeks would be amazing!

Todays food:

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs on a toasted sandwich thin with 6g of tomato ketchup and a good ole british cup of tea

Lunch: A White Chocolate Cookie Carb Killa (Protein bar)

Dinner: 92g of Prawns, 100g of mixed bean salad and 125g of mexican style rice

Snacks: 200g of Greek Yog, tablespoon of honey, cinnamon and a 39calories hot chocolate.

I am really hoping that tomorrow I will weigh in a little less than this morning.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

My day was all messed up today. Didn't go to sleep until after I dropped my son off at school (so about 9:15am). Still got in my workout after I picked my son up from school. I did week 1 day 2 of T25 (speed 1.0) and 1 mile of a Leslie Sansone DVD. This is my general exercise plan. I have worked out for the past 3 days. Plan to workout 6 days a week, with rest and weigh day being Saturdays. About to find something to eat for dinner (it is only 6:38pm). I am starving. lol

Food:

Breakfast - A blueberry nature valley oatmeal square and an ambrosia apple (230 cals)

Lunch - cereal with 2% milk (452 cals)

Dinner - pasta with italian mushroom sauce and green beans (540 cals)

Snacks - yet another blueberry oatmeal bar, and 2 pieces of 7 grain toast with cream cheese. (490 cals)

Looking forward to my weigh in on Saturday! I think I've been doing pretty well.

Last edited by alyssarof2012; 01-03-2017 at 09:28 PM.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:32 AM   #13  

Breakfast: Rotisserie chicken & chicken broth (378 Cals)
Lunch: Salad with turkey pepperoni and chicken slices. Lite Olive garden dressing. Side of 25 Cheez its (252 Calories)
Dinner: Cheesy Italian shells hamburger helper 2 cups (620 calories)

I was 250 under for the day so thats pretty positive. The negative is while i'm still wearing my fitbit zip...i'm not really walking all that much. If i'm lucky I'll hit 3000 steps. I did so much better when it was nice outside. I could take my daughter to the park and walk around. Its not fun to walk the mall when you shouldn't spend any money. Maybe I should do that walking video that Alyssarof2012 is doing...I think i have it on my bookshelf.

I added my weigh in from last week to the spreadsheet. I'll change it to the correct number on Friday.

Last edited by RubyLeprechaun; 01-04-2017 at 03:50 AM.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:45 AM   #14  
Determind Member

Soooo I am now 281.1 I am now only 1.2 lbs up from my lowest instead of 4.6 up

Today I am off to the cinema with my mum, sister and BIL to see Assassins Creed. So I am hoping to still get a fair amount of steps in, but I don't think Ill be able to hit the 10,000 today.

Food so far has been my usual 3 boiled eggs and toast with tea at breakfast, I will be in the cinema when I usually have Lunch, so I think I might just have a Greek Yog when I get out. Dinner tonight will be mince with gravy and veggies and mash carrott and swede. It looks a bit like a pie

Fingers crossed I can get back to normal by the weekend, so I Can start this challenge on a high!
Old 01-04-2017, 10:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Up again today to 280.4. I've regained 10 lbs since Christmas and I'm beyond frustrated with myself. I'm expecting to have my gall bladder out in the next month or so and not being able to eat greasy foods anymore, so I had given myself permission to enjoy them, and that turned into a huge self-sabotage. Need to get back to the healthy foods that make me feel good.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote