Old 01-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #16  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

So I went up a little today because I had lots of popcorn and some fried chicken strips after I came out of the cinema. So I am now 1.8lbs up from before xmas but tomorrow at 9am I will be hitting the gym and working my butt off for the next week. I hit 10,000 steps the last 2 days on my fitbit which was exhausting lol I have given myself permisson to just foam roll my calfs and thighs, but not go over 5,000 steps. I feel like Ive been hit by a bus .

Todays food has been off plan but still under calories:

Breakfast: wholemeal thin, half an avocado, 2 bacon rashers chopped into little bits and put on top.

Lunch: Tomato soup and a wholemeal sandwich thin.

Snack: I have a carb killa protein bar

Dinner: Mince with veggies and a carrot and swede mash on top.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:30 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Breakfast: Chicken broth & a cheese stick (55 Calories)
Lunch: Salad with Buffalo chicken bites, egg whites and toast (552 calories)
Snacks: Quacker popped sour cream and onion (72 calories)
Dinner: Shake and Bake Pork chops and green beans. Possibly some noodles.

Total Calories for the Day=1372

Last edited by RubyLeprechaun; 01-07-2017 at 05:17 AM.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Water weight came off this morning, back down to 274. Still up from Christmas, but I'll take it.

Food yesterday was:

Breakfast - Protein shake with almond milk - 180

Lunch - Baked chicken breast and mashed potatoes - 240

Afternoon Snack - Apple, turkey jerky, pretzel pieces, and half a candy bar - 465

Dinner - Pork chop, couscous, and steamed broccoli - 345
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:19 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Hi I am in for this... sounds fun!
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:22 AM   #20  

Breakfast: diet cocoa mixed with coffee, light string cheese, & 4 piece chicken nuggets from Mcdonalds (265 calories)
Lunch: salad with buffalo chicken bites and pico de gallo (106 calories)
Dinner: Buffalo Chicken bake with green beans and macaroni and cheese (712 calories)

Total: 1083! Good job me
Old 01-08-2017, 05:25 AM   #21  

Breakfast: 2 Chewy granola bars (200 calories)
Lunch: Salad with buffalo chicken and a salami sandwich (325 calories)
Dinner: Outback 12oz sirloin and mashed potatoes (785 calories)

Total: 1310
Old 01-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #22  

Back down to 270.4 this morning. I think most of the loss has been water weight from the junk I was eating. 260s, here I come!

Breakfast: slept in and skipped it
Lunch: Grilled cheese and tomato, cucumber, and avocado salad - 432
Snack: Honey bran muffin and conversation hearts candy- 365
Dinner: Meatballs in raspberry sauce, white rice, and salad - 543
Bonus snack: Fuji apple - 120

Total: 1,460
Old 01-08-2017, 12:31 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 297/257/155

Height: 5'6.5"

I weigh in on Sundays so for this week I am down 11lbs! Well, it is my first week,and that is always a good one. I also was offered metformin by my Dr. because my a1c was 5.8, prediabetic, and I thought I would try it, but it made me soo sick. The first few days I was miserable and that contributed to a big loss too, I am sure. I won't be taking that anymore. I am just going to stick with my low carb and see how that does.

Blicca, I got my gallbladder taken out in November along with 13 stones in my common bile duct! They are not kidding when they say to eat low fat. I was so miserable until my Dr. gave me Cholestyramine powder just to make it through a day of work.
Lindifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #24  
Determind Member

Lindifer WOW!!! Well done!!!! That is great even for a first week! Sorry that some of that was due to being sick, but still.... way to go!

Everyone Well done so far, loving that you are all keeping the online food diary, its cool to see what everyone else is eating, especially when I run out of dinner ideas

Me This weekend has been quite a bit of an eye opener. I had a friend come and stay who was always on the chubby side, she asked me to take her inches measurements and she measured in bigger than me (yet 7lbs lighter). For the first time in a long time, I wasn't the biggest. I made dinner, we chatted, and then at about 9pm she wanted a Chinese take out, but I had made dinner. I told her that I made a sponge cake and would she like a slice with a cup of tea instead, she ate that, but still wanted take out. So I let her, I had some only because I could feel her being uncomfortable about being the only one eating. She stayed the night, and the next morning I made her one of my breakfasts.

2 boiled eggs on toast with a glass of water and a cup of tea.

Then we headed up to her house which is about 2 hours on the train. We picked up food from the supermarket to make a stirfry which she and her mum seemed to like. Then about 5 minutes later her mum offered garlic bread with cheese, then some chips with dip, then some candies, then some ice cream, then some homemade sponge cake, then some beers. I took a very little bit of some of it, and said no to the others. I actually struggled to keep up with what they were eating. It made me realise just how much I had changed around my diet, and how difficult it was to go back into that situation but still stay clean. I wanted to be very good, but I felt awkward saying no. It was a strange situation.

I never weighed in this morning as they don't own any scales, but tomorrow I am having a fast day along with two of my friends. Basically we are aloud to have 200 calories to eat food for the whole day, then only drink water and green tea . It will be really good:

Ill have a lay in until 11ish if possible, Then I will get up, have a tall glass of water and a cup of green tea.

-Go to the gym for 45 minutes and do my weight lifting programme.

I will come back and have lunch of 40g of spinach, 5 cherry tomatos, 50g of cucumber and 80g of mixed beans at 97calories

- have 2 more glasses of water and another cup of green tea

Have dinner of stir fry veggies with extra mushrooms and some soy sauce at 67calories

- Go to the gym and do 40 mins of cardio

-Have another glass of water and another cup of green tea.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Scotsgal - love the idea of this thanks for setting it up

Lindifer - hope your feeling better

rubyleprechaun what is - pico de gallo having never heard of it got curious about this one ( will google if I remember) how would you describe it and the taste......

so for me weird food but kept spot on to my ww points - not the best to follow for online food ideas... well leave out the lunch and will be right

breakfast 2 wheat biscuits with skim milk and a sachet caramel latte
lunch - a mince and cheese pie - Really YES and it kept me in my plan...
dinner a wrap with roast chicken baby spinach olives and beetroot
finished off with a small plate of delicious fresh fruit!

weigh in today was good - down to 232 pounds ! yay.. getting back on track after christmas
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:26 AM   #26  

Lindifer - Wow, that's a lot of stones! I go in for surgery next Monday, so I'll have to keep that in mind!

Scotsgal - It can be very hard being around people who are still over-eaters. There's a lot of pressure to behave the same way, even though it's not healthy. Good for you for saying no to at least some of the things, and best of luck with your fasting day!

Me - Had a great night out with a friend at one of those drink and paint events and had a planned splurge at lunch time. I was still so full that I didn't feel like making dinner, just did housework and went to bed. The scale has me at 269.2 this morning.

Breakfast - None
Lunch - Grilled chicken club sandwich, baked onion rings, beer cheese sauce, and a cherry vanilla hard cider - 1,306
Dinner - None
Total: 1,306
Old 01-09-2017, 05:29 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Hello all! Still on track but I dropped my laptop and broke it so I am gonna get on my mom's laptop later to update my weight. I hate the idea of putting my food down on here so I stopped doing that. It is kinda deterring for me in terms of being active on this thread. I'll put down my calorie totals and my macro totals or something.
Only lost 2.1 lbs last week. Glad saturday (weigh in day) was also a rest day because I was pisssssssssed when I saw my weight. I log all my food/water on sparkpeople and my fitbit app and workout 2x a day (T25 plus Leslie for 1 or 2 miles) 6 days a week. Going from next to nothing to that, I expected more. My mom thinks it could be my sodium intake. I did go over a few days last week. It is just frustrating to think I have to be pretty much perfect to see any real loss. It almost made me wanna say f- it, but my word for the year is consistency... so here I am. I feel better after my 75 minute workout today. My head is back on straight and I'm ready for the week!
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:04 AM   #28  
Determind Member

Hello! So my fast day was another unusual experience, I thought I would feel a lot hungrier. I did go over the 200 calories, but that was because I had 2 gym sessions and I could feel my body just aching for it. I stayed under 700 calories still, but I had to add in some protein. This morning I weighed in .9lbs lighter than yesterday, so fingers crossed I can get back to my normal low weight for tomorrow. Just need to have a very good food day today and get my butt moving. I am also building muscle just now which will not help my number on the scales just now, but for a bonus, my arms are looking much more toned

My food yesterday was just how I said except I had to eat a chicken breast not long after the gym, and then at night after going again I had a protein bar. Still, a very good fast day I would think.

Today I have had my usual 3 eggs for breakfast which I now feel soo full! Lunch I can imagine will be later on in the day now. Dinner is salmon, herby baby potatoes and some veggies.

I have been working on getting 10,000 steps every day on my fitbit and I have been doing really well, on the days I haven't hit it, I am still over 8,000 which for me is very good. Tuesday is not a gym day for me, which is great because my legs are bloomin killing me after Friday and yesterday, my body just isn't quite used to it. So I can imagine being sore for quite some time

Hopefully on my weigh in tomorrow I will have some good news to update my stats.

Karenkat I love a good challenge, its not that I want to beat you all in weight loss, it's that I want to beat myself into shape These seem to keep me going, reminding me what I am here for. Well done on the loss, and what is a mince and cheese pie?

Blica Well done on working past dinner when you weren't hungry, and the scale has been nice in return. Well done! Oh an tell me about it, it was pretty difficult to be there, especially when I didn't eat like that before I started losing weight as well... The pressure was unreal to take part, but I tried really hard to just brush it off.

alyssarof2012 Its ok if you don't want to post your meals, it doesn't work for everyone. We just want to hear how you are getting on. 2.1lbs is still a lot of weight! I don't get the first week big drop either. If your sodium was high then yes, that could be your reason, but if you have been drinking a lot of water, when you usually don't, you could also be holding onto some water weight. Also, when working out twice a day, you could be gaining some nice muscle just now which might now show on the scale, but will show on your measurements. Did you take starting measurements?
Old 01-10-2017, 10:43 AM   #29  

Scotsgal - That's great that your fast day went well, and good for you for recognizing that your body needed the protein post-workout. I'm glad that you're already seeing results for your hard work!

Me - My husband's older sister has been visiting from California, and last night we met up with her and the rest of his family to say goodbye at a local fast food restaurant before they went to the airport. Everyone decided to have an early dinner there. I ordered less than I would have before my WLJ started, but still... Thankfully, the scale only showed a .2 lb gain this morning. Phew!

Breakfast - Protein shake - 180
Lunch - Taco salad and an energy drink - 616
Dinner - Cheeseburger, hot fudge sundae, and split orders of fries and tater tots with the hubby - 1,226

Total: 2,022
Old 01-11-2017, 10:22 AM   #30  

Hey y'all! Been a busy few days. Don't have the totals for everyday but I stayed under 1500.

Yesterday:
Breakfast: chewy granola bar and light cheese string cheese (150)
Lunch: Unbreaded boneless buffalo wings (182)
Dinner: sirloin and arbys curly fries (759)
Snack: mmm chocolate (219)
Total: 1310

Karencat: Pico De gallo is basically salsa without the tomatoes. Mine is mostly onion, cilantro, and jalapenos.

Scotsgal: I've thought about the fasting but I really don't think I could do it. Congrats on trying it and working out twice in one day. That sis some amazing motivation skills you have

Blicca: Now I have to find some cherry vanilla cider. Cider is my referred drink of choice and I haven't seen that one.

Me: I didn't never workout yesterday but I did take my daughter to the water park....and running after her might as well be cardio. Lots of fun though.