Old 01-30-2017, 10:02 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Back up to 270.8 today, and really annoyed with myself. I slacked on logging my food and on eating healthy while I was working from home last week. Now that I'm back at work, I'm hoping to return to my normal routines and get back to losing.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:47 PM   #62  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello Everyone and thank you for all your kind wishes

Still not 100% over this cold, cardio is really difficult just now because of the flem in my throat. I think I will need to google some remedies. Only made 10 mins on the treadmill this morning but hit some great personal bests on the weights today. It means that I am a little achy just now and contemplating whether to go back to the gym tonight with my mum or not.

Food has been pretty good today..... I have upped my calories to about 1500 just now to get in enough to fuel my body. I am also starting my Gluten free Month Tomorrow. Ill see how that goes lol
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #63  

Scotsgal - Hope you're feeling better now, and that your gluten free month is off to a good start!

Me - Having a really tough time getting back on track right now. The scale keeps heading back up, and it's making me feel really frustrated, even though I know my behavior is the cause. I've been snacking a lot in front of my computer at night when I play WoW, which I know sabotages my progress. I'm going to make the commitment to break that habit, recommit to smaller portions, and also to require myself to do some exercise before I'm allowed to veg in front of the computer for hours at a time. Either 20 mins on my recumbent bike or a workout DVD, because my activity level is next to non-existent right now.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going start again on the Fed Up Challenge as well. No white starches, sugars, or added sweeteners of any kind for 10 days. It's really hard, but after the 10 days, sugar doesn't taste good anymore. That's something I really need, because I've been buying myself a lot of sweets lately.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:24 AM   #64  

My challenge is off to a great start, even though i'm really missing the splenda in my morning tea. I've dropped a ton of water weight, and hit a new low this morning of 265.0. Finally feeling like I'm back on track with my food intake.

DH has been really supportive, as well. He actually helped make dinner last night, and is helping me enforce the no WoW until after exercise rule.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I have been scarce around here lately but am still working on the weightloss! I started the Whole30 Challenge on January 17 and am a little over half way through now. One thing they recommend with the challenge is to not check the scale. I only cheated on that once on February 1st. I added that weight to the chart. I won't be weighing in again until February 16th.
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:21 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

hi all ....
This is my weigh in for this week.... 221 pounds now -2 down from 224 updated on the chart...

didnt stick to my program exactly .. but sometimes an interesting week is what we need to keep going down wards
silly thing is Im doing weight watchers and ate more then my allotted points (calories) this week and still managed a good loss...
sometimes this gets a bit confusing - maybe is was because only 3 days out of 7 were off..
maybe my body just needed the extra fuel this week... who knows

Anyway

Scotsgal - hope that cold has gone...
if not perhaps see your DR incase its set into something worse????
My grandfather used to swear by a shot of straight whiskey bourbon or rum (or drink a hot toddy) then wrap up warm and sweat it out in bed especially when its cold and you dont feel like doing anything
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:22 AM   #67  
Determind Member

Hello everyone! The strain of cold going around the UK just now can last up to 3 weeks which is a nightmare for someone trying to lose weight, whats even worse.... this is my second time round with it! So 16 days after coming home from London and Last night was my first proper workout. I haven't been able to get right back into the cardio yet because I just turn into a flem machine! So last night I did a good all body workout doing strength training. This morning back to my lowest weight which is a nice change. I feel like all of January I was just fixing what I messed up. I am only 2.4lbs down from Xmas day Weigh in, so that is very very annoying. I am hoping that with going back to the gym I will be able to see some better results for the end of February, not anywhere near my goal for this challenge Maybe a summer challenge will be better.

I hope you are all keeping it strong! Updating your charts, and staying accountable!

Old 02-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #68  

Scotsgal - Yay for finally being able to get back to the gym!

Me - I managed a low weight over the weekend of 260.8, but seem to be at 261.2 so far this week. Which considering where I was a week ago, I'm definitely not mad at.

Had some non-scale victories the last few days, as well. My grandmother and mother sent me a jacket and a pair of jeans that didn't fit either of them, expecting them to be too small for me for a while. I tried on the jacket, and not only did it fit, it's a little too big! The jeans, even though they're a size smaller than what I usually wear, fit perfectly. So excited!
Old 02-09-2017, 07:29 AM   #69  
Determind Member

Blicca Well done!! That is a very rewards NSV in my eyes, so enjoy how good it makes you feel .

Me In a similar note, I had my own NSV this week. I was actually able to feel my inner core, I stood with my hands in a grove in my hips and I thought... wait.... that's hard! I can finally feel the skinny person inside somewhere .

This morning I also weighed in at 276.2 which is a new low for me. While I had worked out that I had only lost 2.4 (now 2.7) lbs since my weigh in on Xmas morning, I was reminded by a friend that I have actually lost around 15/16lbs, its just been weight ive put on. So i would like to think that If I can keep on track all month, get as many workouts in as possible, then I should be able to get a little more off than what my mind seems to think I can.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:01 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

all time low since my late 20s finally weighed in under 220 pounds... which is 218 pounds today !

wedding anniversary Friday so wont be doing anything for valentines - hope all is well with everyone this week
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:50 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Thats awesome karen! congrats.

I maintained this week but honestly I'm not mad. I know I've been slacking. Keep up the good work everyone!
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:12 AM   #72  
Determind Member

Well done everyone!

Put on 1.1 lbs over the weekend, had 2 spoons of chocolate spread this morning before throwing it in the trash. Bought it at the weekend for my sisters kids to have on toast. Having it in the house just makes me wanna eat it, so its a goner.

Need to keep the calories under 1800 but above 1400 and hopefully will see some better results.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #73  
Determind Member

How is everyone getting on?? Only one more week or so left until the end of the challenge?

Some of you have hit some amazingly high numbers!!

Hope you are all well
Old 02-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #74  

This week has been rough. I've been rationalizing a lot of bad eating habits lately, and it's led me to one binge after another. Today is a new day, and I'm getting myself back on track.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:24 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Scotsgal: Everyone seems to be doing a really great job. Me...well...I started out good but now I'm stuck at 292. Literally. For 3 weeks.

Blicca: I've been doing the same thing! First it was okay because it was my birthday, then my daughters birthday party, then i had to eat left overs so they don't go to waste. It seems like once you deem one thing okay you some how find reasons for other bad habits to be okay. Just gotta take a deep breath, step back, and start again.

I can't believe its only one week left! Time is going by so fast.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote