View Poll Results: What would you rather watch on TV?
Friends 12 44.44%
Ed 0 0%
Survivor 6 22.22%
Who Wants to be a Millionaire? 0 0%
Ally McBeal 1 3.70%
X-Files 0 0%
ER 2 7.41%
The Simpsons 2 7.41%
Dateline 0 0%
Buffy the Vampire Slayer 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 11:55 PM   #1  
A Yankee in Virginia

Talking

Hey gals! It's almost midnight and I hadn't started a thread in so long ... so I started one. I'm happy to report that I stayed OP Monday, and even exercised! I didn't get to the gym, because I was at work until after 8 p.m., but I worked out in my living room. Now I'm watching Emeril Live on TV and dreaming of the food I can't eat.

By the way, welcome to Lori and Freesia. And Jen, I meant to tell you, Emma is gorgeous!

Hey, cool, so that's how those polls show up. The person who starts the thread gets to do them. So of course, I have to because I've got to try it out. They've been fun so far. I admit, I almost did the bloodshot eyes, but I decided to stick with blue inside.

Here's hoping everyone has a happy Tuesday! 10 days 'til I leave for Florida and SUNSHINE!
Old 03-13-2001, 06:37 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

morning girls,

kim - well done on staying OP and exercising. go girl! i'm v jealous you are off to sunshine in florida. hope you have a top time.
i'm proud to report that i've been doing well on points and going to the gym. i'm going to try and go 4 times this week because i've got a 4-course black tie dinner on thurs night at my old college in oxford. and i know that's going to be heavy going on the points!

hi freesia, welcome to the group! i have problems with portion control as well, my eyes are definitely bigger than my belly (and yes they are blue!). i forced myself to measure/weigh portions until i could guess how much they should be. every so often i do it again, and i always find i have been overestimating.

brenda - not sure there is a word for hochmagandy when you're married (people don't do it after marriage you know! ). i'll have a wee think about it. oh, trish and i were talking about the quote under trish's name (where you have goddess!).

ali - you and i seem to have really similar views on our bodies. took me so long to accept what i look like (and what i'll never look like), but sometimes it is so hard when you look at people on tv/magazines. just remember it's easy to look that good if you're airbrushed.

jen - hope you're less swamped at work today - come out and post!

casey - the bridget jones film is just about to come out over here. i've seen the trailer - quite amusing with her wearing tummy-control pants (panties!) and then going on a date and her bloke (hugh grant) putting his hand up her skirt and feeling them. very embarassing! have you guys seen it or is it out here first? i dunno.

debbie - if you go to profile, edit options, scroll down and click on avatar you can put a little icon next to your name. hope that made sense...

stephanie - good to have you back.

hi lola, stacey, trish, suzanne, and everyone else!

i've got to get on with some work now, but i'm sure i'll be back later on to catch up with you gals. hope you're all having a good day.

kirsty

ps if you read this lolly - i'm off to see league of gentlemen tonight! woo hoo!
Old 03-13-2001, 07:06 AM   #3  
Crime Fighter

Hello everybody!

Well... the signature line shows it... up 4 lbs. in two weeks! Could have been worse, and now the commitment is strong. Here are my goals for this week:

no snacking on candy (my office is BRUTAL for this)
exercise 4X

I'm not expecting a huge (or any) loss this week as I am eating out every day for lunch, and of course that worldwide diet wrecker known as St. Patrick's Day is this weekend. I love St. Pat's. I am heading to Montreal to watch the parade (the oldest one in North America!!) and there will be green beer a-plenty. Even with these challenges, the difference is that I will feel in control --armed with my journal!

Ali WW training is pretty intense -- it takes place over the course of two weekends (Friday 6-10, Sat and Sun 8-5). But worth it. You are constantly on your feet faced with wacky scenarios. I think it's a great way to stay on track. You should definitely do it -- esp. if you move here. We have a shortage.

Have a great day!

L.
Old 03-13-2001, 10:03 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Default yawn

where are you guys? i'm bored. come out and post!
Old 03-13-2001, 10:27 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Wow, I had a good night's sleep last night which was what I needed. I hope everyone is doing well. I'll be back in the room later today I am sure.

Lola: I definately would like to become a leader when I hit lifetime (which hopefully will be within the next 3 months). Yeah I know I will have to be careful about my weight the rest of my life, so I think becoming a leader would be a good way to keep on track.

Kirsty: Yeah I know... I see the "perfect" thighs and stuff on people in those mags, but I have a feeling they work with the airbrush and stretch out the legs a bit anyway. I read in a magazine that a woman learned to accept her body and her thighs by going to a fashion show where top models were modeling swimsuits. Most had cellulite and jiggly thighs (and because most were so skinny looked terrible in swimwear). I'm glad you also have a good attitude on your body, it has taken me time.

Kim: Florida sounds great, congrats for staying OP yesterday!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 03-13-2001, 10:29 AM   #6  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Slow Tuesday...is it 4 yet?

I did much better yesterday. I wasn’t quite OP but I was close. I had Subway for dinner. I didn’t get my walk in b/c I was on the phone working. My night wasn’t as late last night, but I may need a diet Dr. Pepper sooner today. I am going to be able to make it to WI tomorrow. Not my normal night, but I really need to face the music again *sigh*

Casey: I was thinking of Kirsty and Lolly when I was reading those books too! I was glad I knew how they use some of those terms or I would have been more confused.

Debbie: Hi

Stephanie: Welcome back. Moving is such a pain. Hope you are getting things unpacked.

Kim: Good job staying OP and exercising. I’m hoping I have enough energy to work out when I get home tonight. We’ll see.

Lola: My office is brutal for the candy problem too. We have Mountain Man and and Going Nuts in here on alternate weeks. Then my boss keeps Milky Way mini bars on her desk (but those don’t count of course b/c they are mini). I’ve been at this job 2 years and I have yet to figure out how to deal with it.

Kirsty: I would stay on this board all day and be the fastest reply in the west if I could! I’ve seen the trailer for Bridget Jones, but I didn’t catch when the movie comes out. Sounds like it should be about the same time for you as well as us.

OK, suppose I should find something to do. Man do I have an exhaustion headache *whine whine*
Old 03-13-2001, 10:45 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Default Got My Own Place!!

Hi girls! Got my own pad last night - its nice - little one bedroom in a trendy neighbourhood in Calgary. I can walk to work!! Well, I have a ton of work to do today so I can't chat until lunch...but my mom took it much better , I got her to come see it and be part of the selection process and she was much better - I told her I'd need her alot to teach me things and stuff. She was good about it.

Well, I gotta run, just wanted to share!!

Belle!
Old 03-13-2001, 10:50 AM   #8  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Hello Everyone

Well, I was on program yesterday. What is funny is that I can stay on program at the start of the week, but come Friday night, I am soooo off program until Monday rolls around again.

I did my self challange yesterday. I am going to stay with that..no really, I AM.

Brenda, I think that 20-25 pts of approx. 1000 - 1250 cal not figuring in for lots of fiber, really high fat or free things (veggies cal etc). YO are right, mini anything doea not count. Also, special color holiday candy does not count either because it is a celebration not a food item. Oh, I did not do so well on the Diet Dr Pepper challange.

Kirsty: Have fun on your big night out. You are doing so well with the work out!

Ali: I think the thighs are the hardest part to feel good about. Even when I feel thin other places, I really hate my upper inner thighs. They are so smushy. I do those leg crunch things for ever, but I guess God just wanted me to hace smushy thights for some reason. Who am I to question.

Lola: AHHH, green beer. We really don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day in my home. Funny, because my last name is O'Shaughnessy. Could you get more Irish?

Kim: I need to go to Florida too. I am so jelous.

Debbie: Hello and hope you class is gong well.

Stephanie: Glad you have the internet hooked-up again.

Kay: I think you should report those guys in your office to your boss or your bosses boss. I know, it gets tricky but men make me so mad when they are rude like that.

Jen: Hope your day is going better.

Well, I need to get going. I am holding a suit drive today at work for Dress for Successs (I am in the Junior League here and we are trying to gather suits for the welfair to work group Dress for Success. I have gotten tons so far and my office is really getting full. Need to drag them out to my office before my 10:30 meeting or people will have no place to sit.

Hello to everyone that I missed. Talk with you all soon.

trish
193.2/186.2/155
5'10"
Old 03-13-2001, 10:52 AM   #9  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Belle! Congratulations! on your new place!

We must have been posting at the same time. CONGRATS! I am so glad your mom is doing ok with this. That must be a relef to you. Place sounds very cool! Have fun with it.

Trish
Old 03-13-2001, 11:13 AM   #10  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default WW update

I didn't stay on points yesterday but with my exercise I might be o.k. I haven't calculated everything yet. I am still doing well with exercise but not great with food. I love food!! This weekend I finally picked up the Bridget JOnes Diary from B. Daltons and I am on May. It is really funny. She portrays women so well and all of the stuff we do.
Kim-Good job being OP yesterday. I love Chick-Fil-A! Fortunately we do not have them in Michigan but when I was at school I ate there a lot. Have fun in Florida! I would love to be heading toward some sunny weather! Color me Jealous

Brenda- I am with you on the Mall Walking thing. It is very big here in Mich. due to our crazy unpredictable weather but I am afraid I would just see more things that I wanted to buy and believe me I buy enough as it is!

Casey- HOw was The Edge of Reason? Also thanks for the guy advice. I am still procrastinating. I tend to do that when things are going well and then when they aren't I start to freek out with the realization that I don't want to lose him.

Debbie- Keep up with the reading. I was a Psych major and there was SO much reading involved. I know it is a pain in the butt. Good Luck!

Stephanie- Good to see you back. I hope you will have an easier time posting. I am not sure we have ever chatted before but my profile is available

Suzanne- I can't understand why b/f roommate is being so irrational. I am astounded recently at the differences in people and how they react to things. I hope things shape up soon for you two. Congrats on your friend noticing the Weight loss. I love that!!!!

Kirsty- HOw exciting I love black tie events b/c you get to dress up. What will you wear? Is there a possibility of a new dress I am such a shop-a-holic.

Lola-I am with you on the office thing. My work contantly has junk food. I am so annoyed. Yesterday there was easter chocolates setting out. Hello is it just me or is easter still a month away! UHHH I guess we must be strong!

Ali- I read the same thing about the girls becoming more confident due to the runway show and the jiggly thighs. It is true we have such a skewed body concept sometimes. I work with a bunch of therapists since I am in Social Work and they tell me that they swear I have the disorder where you see your body as something it is not. UM what is it called? Body Dysmorphic Disorder. They are just kidding but I think we all have it sometimes.

Belle-Congratulations on the new Apt. How exciting. You are going to love it!! I am glad things are working out with your mom too!

have a great day everyone! I will post later. Also Hi to
Jen, Trish, Freesia, Stacey, and Tonya and everyone else!!
Old 03-13-2001, 11:53 AM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default Hi girls...

Hi my name is Lisa and I was hoping to join in your community.

I joined weight watchers in November and have lost 17 1/2 pounds in 14 weeks. I have a long ways to go, I know - but I'm happy with the progress I've made so far.

You girls seem really supportive and I could use the extra support. I'm 25.

Nice meeting you all, and I hope you don't mind if I come around every once in a while.

Lisa
Old 03-13-2001, 12:47 PM   #12  

Hello all,

Welcome Lisa, this group is awesome! Oh I just saw you are in Boston....I went to college in Cambridge and now am in Worcester!

Grace, Grace- Thanks for the thoughtfulness....I don't understand either. He's fully gone now though. Bf got the locks changed this morning which gave him peace of mind. I think it has made us closer in a way. Like we are battling together. Maybe someday it will be explained but for right now I'm trying to let it go.

Trish- Congrats on staying OP

Belle- CONGRATULATIONS! New places are awesome! There's no stopping the real Belle now! You are on a roll. And that's awesome that your mom came around too. My mom was a big help when I foirst moved out. She's retired and while I was at work she went over and cleaned the most disgusting oven I have ever seen....what a mom!

Brenda- Good job on points yesterday....now that you are on track going to WI will be okay cause you know that you are back on track.

Ali- I think it helps to have a guy in your life that isn't into all that perfect model skinny stuff. Mostly I think we get wrapped up in our bodies and them being model perfect because we think that's what guys want and from what I experienced that is not the case. My friend from college alwasy insisted that guys like a girl with "meat on her bones" So much that one night while we were at a party *intoxicated* some mean guy said something about my weight. I was about what I am now at that time. She prtested and being a drunk girl with "meat on her bones" also she took off her shirt and proceeded to go up to every guy and ask whether he perferred girls who were full figured rather than bony. Well, most guys thought it was great that this girl took off her shirt but I think that that was incredibly sweet of my friend cause that guy had really hurt my feelings.

L.- don't worry about the gain....like Brenda you are back on track.

Kirsty- Great job on the points and exercise....you are very motivational for me! Because you've lost the weight and are keeping it off!

Kim- what part of FL? My mom is in Ft. Myers right now until April 1st...luck ducky!

Well, I think I got everyone now....thanks for the thoughts and letting me vent over all that home stuff going on. I'm just going to let go now. I got a card from WW urging me to go back to the meetings and I though hey since I did go to 180 on my own maybe I should try the meetings again to get the support and acurate weigh ins. Now I just need to find a closer meeting to my new home. I feel good about being there now. It will grow on me that it is my new home and I have the freedom to be myself and keep working on myself. Well, have a good day...I must go do work!

Last edited by Suz78; 03-13-2001 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2001, 12:49 PM   #13  
Parrothead

Default I posted this on the worng thread!

Hello everyone! I have been busy and out of town recently so I haven't posted in a few days. I hope ya'll are doing well. I've felt icky lately, so I don't yhink WI will go well tonight. I think I've hit a plateau Hopefully with the Challenge, I'll start losing rapidly again. The wedding this weekend was fun and very beautiful. I did OK until the cake came around, but it was the best chocolate cake I have ever had! To top that off I had a Big Mac the next day because I was craving one and they taste so good with a hangover. Oh well, there is always next week. I need to run to a meeting, but I'll come back later. Work is making me so sick lately. The men who sit near me are completely vulgar and I'm getting so tired of it. I ordered some GMAT books today so that I can do well enough for a scholarship. I want out of my job soooo bad! Enough complaining...I'll talk with all of you later.
Take Care,
Kay

P.S. - Welcome to all new posters! Nice to meet ya!
Old 03-13-2001, 01:06 PM   #14  
Scotland's finest export

Default almost 6pm over here...

and it's almost time for me to head off to the theatre tonight! must resist buying maltesers (or at least share them if i do get them!).
ali - every so often i look at myself and think, oh, if only this was tighter, smaller, tanned, no stretch marks etc etc. but then i realise it is sooo much better than it was!
brenda - ta for replying and cheering me up!
belle - woo hoo on the new pad - and for your mom being so much better about it all!
trish - it's prob a good thing if you don't celebrate st patrick's day - guiness may be good for you, but not if you're counting points!!
becky - i had hoped to buy a new frock but sadly there was nothing decent in the shops. i've got a dress i haven't worn yet at home, so i suppose i should wear that...but i love shopping too!!
lola - good luck on getting rid of the few pounds - i know you can do it.
welcome lisa - sounds like you are doing great!
suzanne - every so often i get tempted to forget to watch what i eat, but you quickly feel you're putting weight on (even if the scales don't show it) and i get scared of ending back where i started. i'm determined to stay slim for life. thanks for the sweet message.
kay - chocolate cake is sooo evil!! it always talks to me, and then when i eat it i regret it cos it never tastes as good as i imagine. but maltesers, they alwasy taste fab!
hmmm. i can see where my downfall might be tonight!
hokey cokey, i'm off. hope you all enjoy the rest of the day, speak to you tomorrow,
kirsty
ps where's tonya today?
Old 03-13-2001, 01:31 PM   #15  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Need WW Assistance!

I was planning on being a good girls today with one of my Lean Cuisine Meals however, My boss scheduled an in-service. This is where a Drug Rep. comes in and tells us why our client's should be on their drugs. All of that to say this, they always bring great food. I was good, Kinda, but none of the stuff I ate is in the WW book. So do any of you know what Chicken Tetrazini counts as point wise? Also she always brings amazing Canoli's I only had a 1/2 of one though. Anyways I would love some help. I logged onto the WW Website but my computer timed out a million times while searching for the answers to my points.
Where is Tonya? I hope all went well with the land thing? Keep us posted and we missed you so far today!

Kirsty-Have a great time tonight. I wish it were 6 o'clock here.

Lisa-We love new members! Look forward to hearing about your progress!

Kay- I have wi tomorrow and I am dreading it. Oh well, I will get it together eventually! Good luck!
Hope to check in again before I leave the office!
Becky
Closed Thread