Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 03:18 PM   #1  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Smile July Goals

Okay so it's a new month so that means NEW GOALS!!!!

Everyone list your goals for the month and then check in every now and then to update us all. At the end of the month let us know how you did. Its that simple
Old 07-01-2003, 03:19 PM   #2  
12 pounds lost in 2006

My July Goals:

1. lose .84 of a pound a week

2. Exercise 3 times a week

3. Drink more water

4. Eat less ice cream

5. Try and eat a salad or have a healthy smoothie for lunch

6. Eat breakfast every morning
Old 07-01-2003, 03:51 PM   #3  

July...a new month for change!!

Last month I ALMOST met my goals...I have re-vamped everything since then..

1. Stick to the Atkins Induction and do not cheat!! And keep my husband from cheating :-)

2. Keep Running, preferrably everyday but at least 3 days a week...

3. No sweets, no carbs..............................

4. Ultimately lose 10lbs this month...did 7 last month without much dieting...so 10 is more than reachable.

I think that is it for my goals...if I see that they are going really well, I will make them more difficult at a later date...
Old 07-01-2003, 04:04 PM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Thank you for starting this new thread, Jess.

1) I will exercise for half an hour every day.

2) I will let no soda cross these lips.

3) I will see 270 on the scale, so I can wave goodbye to it, , give it a nice farewell & send it off never to see it again.

4) I will plan my meals, and not let fate or spontaneity ruin what I'm striving to achieve.

Jess, you are 20# away from goal, how exciting!!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 07:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi all!! How exciting a new month, huh?! I love new starts!!

Okay my goals for this month!

#1: Complete my first Triathlon!!!!!!!

#2: Swim 2x a week, Run 3x a Week, Bike 3x a week. Somewhere in all that...work out 5x a week.

3: 64 oz of water...need I say more. ;-)

4) A *healthy* breakfast! Emphasis on the healthy part.

5) No eating after 8PM.

Well...there we go. Sounds like everyone is off to a good start. I look forward to hearing how every one does throughout the month.

Betty
Old 07-02-2003, 11:21 AM   #6  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Golfer - That no sweets one is hard!!! I'm a total sweets junkie. Moderation is the key for me. Good luck with that one

SAPF - yeah even though I only have 20 punds to go I've had 20 pounds to go for like a year Well actually I had 12 pounds last year and then it went up to 20. But at least I'm still working on it and I haven't given up

Betty - Wow, good luck on the triathlon!!! Just wanting to do one is an accomplishment in itself. Keep up the good work! You're almost to your goal!

I'm all pumped up for the month. I hope I stick with everything throughout the month.

Good luck girls!!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 11:41 AM   #7  

Mocha,

I'm a total sweets junkie too. It's so hard to stay in moderation with sweets isn't it? Hang in there...you are almost there too!! And I'm pumped up about this month too!! I know we are all going to do great! Thanks for the encouragment with the Tri. There are definitely days I need it to just keep going. But I know it's going to be worth it to be able to say I've done it, even if it is just a little tri. It's a start, right?

Have a wonderful day and good luck to everyone on your goals!!

Betty
Old 07-06-2003, 02:26 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone, I'm Becca. I know i'm a few days late here with my July goals but it's never to late to start right?

I guess i would have to say that my goals are to:

#1 eat veggies for snacks btw meals. instead of a chocholate icecream cones. It's so hot out haha

#2 get more sleep. Which means making time to exercise ealier in the night instead of staying up and doing it so late.

#3 to lose 10 pounds this month which would put me @ an even 200 and on my way to my ultimate goal of a heathty 150 for my hieght i think christmas sounds like a good time for that eh?
Old 07-07-2003, 10:07 AM   #9  

Welcome Becca,

Just a snack suggestion for the hot weather...I love to freeze green grapes. They taste like mini-slushes! They might be a good substitute for ice cream. Also, my grocery store (I'm in Ontario, too) has some chocolate pops called "minis" - they are fairly small and low in calories and fat...they could probably help with your chocolate ice cream craving! I really like them - and I am a bit of a chocoholic!

Good luck with your July goals!

Take care all

Kris
261-186-155
Old 07-10-2003, 06:24 PM   #10  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

July Goals:

~ eat more fruits and veges. Cut them up for work the night before. NO excuses.

~ lose at minimum 8 lbs, 289 by july 31.

~ continue to work out 5 days a week. Walk 3 miles at least 3 days a week.

I can do this!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:12 AM   #11  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Well its the middle of July I can't believe it has gone by so fast. So far I'm only doing good with two of my goals. That's eating breakfast and eating less ice cream. I have to say that's pretty pathetic considerig that I have 6 goals. I could at least accomplish half of them. I will try harder starting from today. I've already started the water intake for the day and I will have an oriental chicken salad for lunch.

How's everyone else doing so far?
Old 07-15-2003, 01:08 PM   #12  

OK... mid month report...

Did Great on this one... 1. Stick to the Atkins Induction and do not cheat!! And keep my husband from cheating :-)

BAD... but am starting again, during the induction I realized I needed to be taking vitamins and wasn't so feel good again. 2. Keep Running, preferrably everyday but at least 3 days a week...

Wonderful on this, I don't know how I did it... 3. No sweets, no carbs..............................

So far 7lbs have been lost and at a stand still...but on my way... 4. Ultimately lose 10lbs this month...did 7 last month without much dieting...so 10 is more than reachable.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:39 PM   #13  

Okay...I'm a newbie and I'm trying to post mine before the month ends. My goals this month are:

1. Drink more water.
2. Incorporate strength training into my current workout plan.
3. Stick to my workout plan M,T,R,F, every other Sat.
4. Journal every day.

I must say, so far so good!!! :-)
Old 07-16-2003, 09:37 PM   #14  

So far I've done decently well on the working out 5x a week...I've done that quite a bit....I'd say more than 75% of the time.

The water, I struggle with but I'd say I've done that more than 50% of the time.

I've been BAD when it comes to the breakfast!! I've not done well with that at all lately. I need to do better. Maybe 30% of the time.

The not eating after 8 I've done about 40-50% of the time so not so hot on that either....but I'm working at it. Hey we've got 1/2 a month to go...keep up the hard work everyone!!

Betty
Old 07-21-2003, 11:14 AM   #15  

Hi everyone.. I am back from Norway! It was an awesome trip and I didn't really want to go back and head to work. Oh well..

The exciting news from my trip is.. I am engaged!!! Total surprise and he proposed in Rost.. which are some islands up north of norway where the sun never goes down in the summer. It was beautiful

Will post more later.. but need to catch up on the threads.
Closed Thread