Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 08:20 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #98

Good morning-using a new access number to dial in to so I think my computer problems are fixed. Have a good day all. Mima
Old 06-30-2003, 10:32 AM   #2  

Default Good Morning

Well my day is a third over and I still have to start laundry. Ofcourse we have already been to lab for blood work and out to breakfast. Can't eat much more than a fruit for lunch.Even the senior breakfast is too many points at Denny's.
Walked again yesterday. I thought my legs were going to fall off. I did do more than 2 miles. It should get better daily
Hope everyone is well...Joanne
Old 06-30-2003, 07:31 PM   #3  

Made some things yesterday to take down to my aunt, including potato salad with red potatoes. I put some in a bowl for my son and ate it right before I went to bed. I forgot how good my own cooking is. Lately, it has been tossed salads and fruit.
My aunt used to be heavy, went to weight watchers years ago and then became a speaker. Now she has lost so much in bone density. She seems almost tiny to me and she used to be 5'8". But she says she does not have the same appetite. I wonder when mine will decrease.... I want more than those senior portions at Denny's. Those are just a snack to me!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 06:26 AM   #4  

Hi guys-my computer problems were not fixed so I am getting DSL-we got a new service and it's only 8$ more than we were paying and I also have free long dustance from my home phone anytime. It's beautiful out right now-why did I eat that brownie last night. Bye for now. Mima
Old 07-01-2003, 07:06 PM   #5  

Default Hey There

Ally- I love red potatoe salad. I make it with the skins on. I put a little mustard in mine. I ate a little and mu hubby ate the rest.It was a good sized bowl.
Mima- You ate the brownie because you wanted it. I would have too. I love them.
It is hot and steamy here. I didn't walk today. It was all I could do to walk yesterday. I got really hot. I have been having stomach pains all day today. My hubby wants me to go to Dr. I will wait as long as I can. I don't like going to Dr.'s It just feels like a 'belly ache' gas. I don't like to waste their time for that.
Hello everyone....Joanne
Old 07-02-2003, 06:30 AM   #6  

Move over Joanne-I get stomache aches all the time-I buy generic GasX all the time but you want to make sure it's not something else. I have diverticulosis and I have to watch my diet .That could be dangerous if you ignored it but how they find out is a barium enema. Computer still driving me nuts-this is the only time of day I can get on. 8 more days to DSL, walking and lunch with my aunt today-it's another gorgeous day-pool with my girlfriend tomorrow. She is on the South Beach diet. It sounds good but no carbs for 2 weeks. Or fruit!!!But it's better than the Atkins!!!Hey Anne, have you recovered yet? Where are you Meme? Have a nice day everyone. Mima
Old 07-02-2003, 02:00 PM   #7  

Angry Hi

Mima - I HAVE recovered but have been so busy. Had to go to Red Deer on Monday. Went to my chiro., and then to the Dr. I now have an inner ear infection so am on antibiotics. Should really help out my yeast problem!! Darn, I sure didn't need that. Then I went to my Naturepath and will start on a yeast treatement on Monday of next week, after I finish off the antibiotics and a wedding on Saturday. I am hoping that getting the yeast cleared up will help a lot with pain, fog etc. and the fatigue as well.

Atikins helps with the fatigue, but got away from it and can't seem to get back at it. Ate far to many carbs during our packing and moving days. Now we are all settled in and life goes on.

I am starting on a diet the Naturepath gave me for yeast. I won't be able to lose any weight until this problem is cleared up, so hears hoping. I will also start on that on Monday.

Joanne - I hope you feel better soon. Perhaps you DO need to go get it checked out.

Candice - I checked out the price for those Urban thingies. They are $4.99 for a pack of them. There are quite a few in the package. You can zap them in the microwave if you want them hot or just eat them straight out of the package. If you want to try them, I would gladly send you some.

Meme - Hope you are feeling better. What a long haul for you.

Ally - Hi. Well, I hope your boys know what it costs to go to summer school and that they will apply themselves. Such a hard age for them right now. Take care, in a couple of years they will start to change and grow into young men.

Anagram - Hope things are going well for you.

Yesterday was Canada Day, so everyone had a holiday. Had my kids over for dinner and then we played cards. Had a good time. Nice to be home after so many years of being away. Have had some great visits already.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:15 PM   #8  

Default Hey There

Mima- I have had stomach / intestinal problems for years. I have had several colonoscopys. I may need to do it again. I may have another polop.
Happy- Good that you are getting settled . Do you eat yogart? Helps with the yeast problems. I have a appointment for the 15th. I am trying not to go and just find out that it is just gas. I want it to resolve itself.
My daughter and G/daughter are coming down for a couple days.
We may cook out Friday. We all are watching the weight. So nothing too fattening.
Bye...Joanne
Old 07-02-2003, 07:15 PM   #9  

My cousin is bringing me the new craze in S. Carolina. A tape that encourages stretching and walking. I was just walking in the heat with my dogs realizing that I have kept up my 5 miles a day for over a year now, but I reached a plateau on weight loss a long time ago. If I want to dump a few more pounds, but not give up food I am going to have to up the pace or walk longer. This stinks. I look at some people who are just naturally skinny and they do not walk the miles that I do. Just not fair.
Oh, the aches in my hips. That came from being in a lawn chair that was too close to the ground. And this humidity. I heard the weekend will be cooler...yea!!
Old 07-02-2003, 07:32 PM   #10  

Ally, maybe you don't need to walk further, but try to do the intermittent walking. Walk fast for a few minutes and slow it down and keep doing that. Perhaps you already do it, but my son was telling me it a great way to move the body. Some people do a little jog for just a minute and then get back to walking.

Good for you keeping up that 5 miles.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:50 AM   #11  

Yeah-good for you Ally-walked yesterday with my aunt and cousin but we have to walk slow because my aunt has asthma-my cousin is going back t0 California next week-it's been fun having him around-we grew up together but were always vying for my grandmother's attention so we fought.She wouldn't let us stay over at the same time.He was trying to take my place-I was the first grandchild. I'm going to my girlfriend's house and we are going to her pool-heated. I'm so tired-I wake up at 4:30 and can't get back to sleep-Going to fireworks tonight or tomorrow. Brad is going to put a faucet outside so I can water my plants easier. Siding guy is back-says he will be finished next week. Next is the gutters. Then the driveway-hall-etc. Patience!!!!Have a good day everyone. Mima
Old 07-03-2003, 08:07 AM   #12  

Joanne and mima.....hope your tummies are better!
Been fighting my IBS and stomach pain and back on Zantac and feeling so bloated nothing is
comfortable to wear. I just hate that bloated feeling..feel like I am about to give birth!

I have some baby cukes, zuckes and tomatoes growing!!!!! ....oh and weeds too!

My son is gone for a few days...kinda nice and quite, today was cleaning day tired not to over do
with my back and it does seem better when I do not over do it.

My son belives in alternative meds and that we should all have the metal fillings taken out cause
they cause mercury poising and thinks we would get better by doing that along with diet changes
and other natural stuff. He gets mad at me and tells me I am not doing anything to help myself. (I
disagree but hey he thinks he knows it all!) he has a lot to learn.... I'm sure it might have helped
years ago but think it is too late now and too expensive and painful. What do you think about
that??????????

Happy I would love to try those if it is no trouble for you to send them. I will send you and email with my address or do you want me to send you some money first????? Glad to hear you are a Happy, Happy at home!

Ally..the intermittent thing might work for you. You make me hungry!

Where is Meme??????????????????
Old 07-03-2003, 07:34 PM   #13  

I can't jog....that will really kill me, but I will try power walking every few minutes.
Candice....there is no proofa lot of these theories work. The best we can do is to be healthy, eat better, get exercise. Too bad your son can't see that. Now if I could just stay away from that darned sugar. Ate a muffin, half a donut. This morning I thought I was going do die due to constipation. That is how quick sugar can clog up my plumbing!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 08:57 PM   #14  

Gee, sorry to hear so many still having problems. I guess it's our way of life anymore. Happy, so glad you're enjoying your new home and being close to the family.

Doing ok here at the moment. More tired than I'd like but that's sort of the rule. Once in a while I get a time when I'm not and then I am really happy.

Went to pool twice this week (and grocery store twice as well). DD supposed to come tomorrow evening. Now she's not sure - told her to let me know before I get the chicken out of the freezer. DH says we'll have a lot of corn to eat. Picnic on Sat. at sister's = should be pleasant but hot, hot, hot.

Hit a new low on the journey today. With all the water ups and downs I can't keep track of how much I lose/gain (well, could but too much effort) so now I'm just celebrating new lows. I'm at 207.6 today so it's about 2.2 or 2.4 lbs down in the last five or six weeks. Not much but it's DOWN. Taking a couple of days to enjoy food again.

Have a good holiday (or weekend after the holiday if that's your case).
Old 07-04-2003, 01:37 AM   #15  

Got an inhaler last week and my cough is almost gone but now I'm sneezing and my nose is running! Can't figure out what I'm allergic to ... told hubby it's must be him!!!

Ross has been going though a manic phase ... about to drive everybody nuts. His mom took him to the Dr. this afternoon. Sure hope they can get his meds adjusted better before school starts! I love him to death but I'm sure looking forward to 4 days without kids! I have to take hubby's mom to the Dr. on Monday - she is having a hysterectomy on Tues ... cancer.

We're supposed to go to a 4th family reunion/picnic Saturday. (Hubby's family) ... can't stand being around some of them (stuck up snobs) so I'm not looking forward to it, plus it's supposed to be 90! Son's out of town, daughter's busy with her family tomorrow and hubby's working on new church building so I'm on my own. Going to sleep in then go shopping!

Glad you got moved Anne. Hope the stomaches, hips and other aches and pains settle down and everybody has a good 4th of July!!!
Closed Thread