Chicks up for a Challenge - Fall Challenge! Starts Sept 1

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Fall Challenge! Starts Sept 1

cleancowgirl
08-20-2013, 06:15 PM
I thought it might be fun to have a fall challenge to get us through the Halloween candy and get us prepped for the holidays. This will run from sept 1-oct 31 2013.
Here is how it works.

Give a little information about yourself so we can get to know you, where you are from ect.

What day you want to weigh in.

Pledge your goal. Be realistic and a goal you can meet. I would recommend 5-7%
Do not edit your post, post every week on your weigh day. All weights will be calculated Monday from the following week.

Anyone can join at any time during the challenge so Let's do this and good luck!

LadyOfPort
08-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Looking forward to my first challenge. :)

So a bit a background...
I've always been bigger. I have success losing when I really work at it but then I kind of give up and go back to old habits. My goals this time have to do with lifestyle changes - permanent one.
I've measured and weighed food in the past, but it made me very possessive of it - it didn't make me feel good at all. My kids often want a bite of mine, and I hate saying no. S this time, no measuring (mostly) and no weighing and stating out no obsessing over calories, fat,,sodium and fiber. My plan is to make healthy choices, following the food guide ( Canada's version). I am sure to max out my veggies and get my meat and dairy, but not so concerned with carbs. Aiming for whole carbs and high-fiber options.

I plan to add in exercise soon. Working strictly with food for now.

I'm looking forward to this challenge - it will help me get to know some of you.
We've got over a week till September, so I will post my goal(s) closer to the 1st. I'm hoping August will still be good to me :)

cleancowgirl
08-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Ladyofport- sounds good!
I have been eating clean for the last 12 weeks come Friday and eat whole grain and unprocessed 90%of the time. I also been exercising 5 days a week either by going to the gym or walking in the morning. I have lost 37 pounds but have another 80 or so to go. I do measure and weigh mostly everything and log my food on fitbit.
My goal is going to be 7% comes to about 12 pounds but will aim for 15 because we do have 10 days or so left.
Goal of 225

SouthernBell02
08-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Im in! I would like to be 220 by Halloween. Thats 23 pounds from now. I will wait until September 1st to make this my official goal though since I could loose a lot in the next two weeks or nothing. Shooting 1.5-2.0 pounds a week.

My background: I have been on this journey since 3/15/13 I have lost 52.9lbs since then the most I have lost doing any diet EVER. I started with Weight Watchers and am now doing it on my own with MyFitnessPal which I love!! I am loving these challenges!!

cleancowgirl
08-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Southern bell- Wow 52 pounds that is totally awesome. You Rock! Great to have you!

Monkeysmom
08-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Sign me up. I used to weigh anywhere from 112 to 120, but over the last year I have put on roughly 40 pounds. I used to exercise 6 days per week, and was pretty diligent about watching what I ate. Fast forward to present day, and its really rough getting back into my routine. I am working hard with my therapist to set small, realistic goals and this sounds like the perfect challenge for me. I've lost 3.5 pounds in the last 9 days so I'm proud of myself. I'm taking your advice Cleancowgirl, and shooting for 7% of my current weight, which would average about 7 pounds. Totally doable, and thanks for setting this up!

pnkrckpixikat
08-26-2013, 10:06 PM
So I am part of a halloween challenge already and I think my goal is 220.

I honestly dont think I am likely to meet it because my body isn't cooperating as much as I'd hoped.

I am going to start by aiming for 235. If I meet it I will go for 230. 220 will be my super stretch goal :)

I will update with my starting weight on the 1st

alyssarof2012
08-28-2013, 03:38 AM
Okay, uh I'll join. :)

I don't really ever know what to say when asked for background, so I'll just say my name is Alyssa and I'm from Virginia. I like dogs and music. I'm a biology major in college with hopes of becoming a dentist. I've been fat my whole life (except when I was 12/13 and had an eating disorder), so I'm just trying to get healthy.

CW: 313.5 lbs
GW (for challenge): 285-290 lbs.

I will weigh in on Mondays.

ImImportant
08-28-2013, 07:03 AM
I'm in!
I'm a 46 year old calorie counter. I have gone from 191 to 153 in the last couple of years. I have experienced a few plateaus and gains this year but I hope to finally reach my goal by January.

My ticker used to show my start and goal weight. Since I am so close to my goal I decided to change it to the number of pounds I have to lose.

jazzii
08-28-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm definitely in.

I'm new to this forum. I'm going to be 49 in December :( That number is really bothering me knowing that it will be my last year before I'm the big 5-0. I wanna be in the best shape of my life by the time I turn 50!

I live in New York State. I was always thin.. fit. Exercise was my life. After making horrible choices as an adult and going through a lot of depression, I gained a ton of weight, about 60lbs.

I would like to weigh in on Friday's.

I haven't been on a "diet" or exercise plan in a while. I lost my 18 year old nephew in June of this year and, well, life sometimes seams meaningless. :(

Teeni
08-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Count me in.

I am 27 years old. Last year I graduated from college with a degree in wildlife biology, gave birth to my son a month later, lost my gall bladder one month after that( on my b-day, same day hubby lost his job) and then lost my trailer a month after that. We had to move in with my mother for a year and just got our own apartment, finally! SO now that we've seen how quickly things can go wrong, I've decided to show how quickly things can go right! I plan on losing all my extra weight, getting over my fear of driving, and getting a career by this time net year. Wish me luck, these are things I've never been able to do before.

I would like to weigh in on Wednesdays. I am thinking a reasonable goal will be 18lbs. 2 lbs a week and about 7%. I do not want to make it too high because if I don't make it I will get down and beat myself up.

SW:252
GW:234

Only Believe
08-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Best Wishes everyone!

Novus
08-28-2013, 03:42 PM
I would love to join this challenge! I need something to keep me motivated as I battle against the last few pounds to my goal weight. My regular weigh-in day is Friday, so I'll post my start weight and challenge goal then.

I've been overweight since I was eight years old. (My present age is 43.) I spent about 5 years "practicing" weight loss, and fluctuated around in the 200s during that time. I finally found my perfect formula and have been quite successful losing this year. I've lost 53 pounds since January 1 (and I'm the thinnest I can ever remember being.) I hope to lose another 22 by Thanksgiving. I think 150 is going to be my final goal weight, but I might change my mind when I get there.

My diet plan is gluten free, wheat free, low carb, clean (healthy, unprocessed, etc.) foods, and calorie counting/meal planning. For exercise I run (2-3X/week, 3-4 miles per run) and occasionally I'll let Jillian Michaels kick my a**.

I'm excited about this challenge and look forward to meeting all the participants.

Mrs Snark
08-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Hi, I'm in! I'm 45, and will turn 46 at the end of October. I am kinda freaked out by that. I think being freaked about turning 46 (closer to 50 than 40!) is why finally got my butt in gear earlier this year.

I've just gotten below 150 -- the goal I set back in April when I rehabbed my eating/exercise (yay!). Now I'd like to lose another 10 (11 actually, to 139), though I'm fine if they come off slowly. But I need to stay focused because I have proven time and time again to SUCK at keeping the weight off after I lose it! :dizzy: For the purposes of the challenge, I'd like to lose 5 pounds. I'm kinda in unknown territory weight-wise, so I'll just have to see how it goes!

I'm a long-time vegan, don't really have a specific "diet plan" I just try to eat healthy and reasonable portions (against all my instincts, lol). I walk every day and I run a 5k at least 5 days a week. I loooooove running and have just gently returned to it after 2 years off with a back injury. I used to rack up crazy mileage but now I'm very satisfied with my current schedule -- it seems to be the right amount for physical and mental health!

Look forward to getting to know everyone and having a great time getting to Halloween!

olehcat
08-28-2013, 08:06 PM
okay, I'm in!

I'm 5'2", age 42, 150 pounds, want to get to 120.

For this challenge, 15 pounds by the holidays.

Mostly I eat on the lower carb side (wheat can affect my stomach so I try not to eat too much of it and I am trying to mostly avoid added sugar) but I do allow myself a little leeway on one day of the weekend.

I run about 30 minutes 4-5 days a week.

SuperHeroTeacher
08-28-2013, 10:21 PM
Joining in.

I'm 40, turning 41 on October 1. I've been on Medifast since March 31 and have lost over 50 pounds so far. I went off-plan during vacation in late July and early August and I'm having a difficult time staying on track ever since. My current goal weigh is 155, but I may adjust it down as I get closer to goal. At 5'2", 155 puts me solidly in the "overweight" bmi range. I hope to lose 15 pounds on this challenge and my weigh in days will be Saturdays, because that's my official medifast weigh-in day. Did I forget anything?

ETA: I forgot to put my starting and goal weights for this challenge. My goal is 15 pounds, which is just over 7.2% of my current weight.

SW: 208.1
GW: 193.1

Good luck everyone!

Emula
08-29-2013, 03:45 AM
I'd like join please!
I'm 22 and this is another start-over for me. Since I joined this forum and I let things get in the way of my diet and gained 10 extra pounds! So that's what I'm hoping to lose in this challenge.
I'll weigh in on Thursdays.
My plan is getting up early for 30 minutes of exercise every day, because I think there'll be less of a chance of me weaseling out of it! And swimming on Wednesday nights. As for my diet I'm keeping it fairly simple for now; cutting out junk food, adding more fruit & veg, and monitoring my portion sizes.

Today's weight: 154.6
Goal weight: 144.6

Good luck everyone! :)

Asianaries
08-29-2013, 09:57 AM
This seems like a fun group I'm in!

My current weight- 182

Goal weight by 10/1/13- 170

I will weigh in every Monday :)

Stay Puft
08-29-2013, 10:13 AM
About a month ago a friend asked me if I would do a mud run in October 2014 with her. Since I am almost 47 years old, obese and wasn't doing or capable of doing any physical exercise, I of course said yes. So now I have a little over a year to get ready. Or enter witness protection. One of those.

For those who don't know a mud run is an obstacle course in mud. Here's a YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpVSqHdx-jE) (actual mud run footage starts around 1:12). And yes I am insane.

Towards the end of October we begin the C25K program so losing weight is important right now. The less I weigh, the less the paramedics will have to lift. So I'm hoping for 183 by the end of October. This is 1.5 pounds or so a week (depending on the next few days).

Good luck to everyone!!!

Snoooze
08-29-2013, 10:25 AM
I am in
My current weight- 218

Goal weight by 10/1/13- 205

I will weigh in every Thursday

I need the motivation rioght now.

CoolMom75
08-29-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm in! Long time 3FC'er who recently came crawling back. I eat my way up 80 pounds every pregnancy. I managed to lose successfully three times but the fourth (and last) is not going well...and months have turned into years. If it wasn't already before, food is definitely my drug and going to be a lifelong struggle. BUT I'm motivated again so here I am...

My (first) goal is 180 and I will weigh in on Sundays.

CW: 196
Goal:180

toodles11
08-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi

I'm 29, work full-time, wife, mom to 2 kids & a puppy! I've been about 20lbs overweight since I had my 1st child - 8 years ago! Last year, I gained 35lbs in a matter of about 4 months from taking anti-anxiety medication. I won't put 100% of the blame on the medications but it did make me feel really apathetic about exercising & eating healthy. I've been off that medication for about 2 months now & feel much more motivated about my health....but I now face a larger hole to dig myself out of with the weight loss. :(

I run 2-3x a week and try to do strength training workouts about 2x per week. It's difficult for me to keep my diet in check when I start exercising intensely because it makes me so hungry! I think my main strategy is to focus on losing fat with diet & moderate exercise and once I am at a goal weight, I can focus on achieving more strenuous fitness goals when I can allow myself a little more calories daily.

My eating "plan" is simply calorie counting. My daily goal is 1600 & I've been losing on that so I'll keep there for now. I try to focus on whole foods & limiting processed junk. And I drink lots of water!! I rarely ever drink soda (maybe 3-4 times a year). I do drink alcohol but I fit it within my daily calories!

I'll weigh in on Thursdays.... so starting today, my weight was 186.

My challenge goal is to lose 15lbs total so that would put me at 171 on Halloween! :D

Mrs Snark
08-29-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm in! Long time 3FC'er who recently came crawling back.

I laughed at this, I am a long time 3FC'er also, and I'm also crawling back after bouncing up and down the scale for years in hopes of putting this thing to bed, lol!

CoolMom75
08-29-2013, 03:01 PM
I laughed at this, I am a long time 3FC'er also, and I'm also crawling back after bouncing up and down the scale for years in hopes of putting this thing to bed, lol!

Congrats on hitting goal!

Mrs Snark
08-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks CoolMom!

Novus
08-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Ok, here are my official challenge numbers -
SW: 170
GW: 156

I'm hoping for a loss of 1.5 pounds per week. That may be optimistic since my loss may slow as I near goal but I'm gonna shoot for the moon.

Good luck to everyone!

Mrs Snark
08-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Our challenge starts on Sunday, ladies (and gents if we have any!)!

I've got my yapper all revved up and ready to go, how about you? I'm chatty, chatty, chatty, hope you are also! ;)

OK Lizzy
08-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Well, OK, all you young chicks have shamed me into this! I have put off and put off getting serious -- so it's time I quit making excuses! I am 64 years old, and allowed my weight to creep upwards all thru my 50's -- and now my 60's. I was always fairly thin (or at least "normal") until my late 40's, when metablism slowed WAY down -- plus life threw me some curve-balls that caused me to just quit caring about myself. I hope/plan to lose about 15 pounds during our two-month challenge, and show family, friends and co-workers that I can do more than just TALK about losing weight!

JeniH
08-30-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm in!

Lets see I'm 31 years old currently out of work social worker (boo). I've been obese my whole life and have never really dieted figuring it would be too hard as I love to eat and am super picky aka I don't seem to like anything healthy.

I started calorie counting with my fitness pal on July 5th and as of today (official weigh in days are Friday) I've lost 15 pounds! Outside of sticking to my calorie allotment I don't follow any special diet, I tend to eat whatever I want as long as I have the calories for it. I have PCOS but last time I was checked I am not IR but I do have period issues (maybe 2 periods a year without bcp) and I don't think I ovulate. Part of the reason I want to lose weight (besides looking better, oh and health...lol) is my bf and I hope to get married next fall (or the follow early spring) and I'd like to try to start getting pregnant soon after. I've been told losing weight may help me ovulate naturally. Plus I want to have a cute baby belly vs just looking fatter.

I'd like to lose 15 pounds by Halloween which would give me a total of 30 pounds gone...hopefully I will continue to lose weight like I have and that will be possible.

So CW 315
GW 220 (I guess, just pulled a number out of the air)
Halloween GW 300

Good luck everyone!

ally5151
08-30-2013, 09:39 PM
I'd like to join in. I'd fallen off the wagon and gained all 45lbs that I lost back. Well, it is time for me to beat this. My doctor thinks I might be diabetic or in the pre-stage, and I refuse to have to be put on medicine. That's the kick in the butt that I needed. I'm back to doing low-carb and watching my carb intake, so we can head this off.

My current weight- 316

Goal weight by 10/1/13- 293

I will weigh in every Saturday.

patchworkpenguin
08-31-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm in. I used to be very active here at Chicks. But I decided its time I came back and got serious. I gained about 10lbs in the almost 2 years I was gone, but its time I get serious again. I tried many different plans while I was here, nothing really seemed to work and I got rather burned out, which is why I left. I'm starting small trying to determine what to do next. I got rather obsessed and crazy and then miserable the last time so I'm being very careful to take small steps and not end up where I was before.

I'm 44, married. Hubby and I recently bought a 20' used RV. We took our first trip last week and loved it. We already have our next trip planned for the Middle of Sept. My church had a Knitting Ministry so I spend a lot of time making hats, baby things and shawls.

fashinjunkie09
08-31-2013, 03:17 PM
I'd like to join too!

I am 26 years old, married with an almost 5 year old little boy. I originally started my weight loss journey in January 2009 after having my son (I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy). I lost the baby weight and got down to 155. I kept it off for about a year and then started slowly putting the weight back on over the last couple of years.

I recently reached my highest ever weight of 195 (not including when I was pregnant) and decided on 6/1/13 that I need to get serious and do something about it. I am a calorie counter and have been losing slowly, about 8 lbs in 13 weeks so I recently lowered my calories in hopes of speeding up my losses.

My goal for this challenge is to lose 1 lb/week for a total of 8 lbs putting me back in the 170's.

SW: 187.5
GW: 179.5

Good luck everyone!!

tavvy
08-31-2013, 10:45 PM
Hi!
I would love to join in :) Bit of background: Prior to pregnancy I weighed 250, gained 28 lbs during pregnancy, lost baby weight quickly after birth but then began to retain obscene amounts of water. In 3 months I gained 70+ lbs and now weigh much more than I did when I was actually pregnant. With the help of a doctor, I am finally getting my thyroid back under control. Now that I have started feeling a bit better, I have decided it is time to start making an effort to lose weight again.

I am going to aim for 7% of my body weight, which is 22 lbs. (Though I am secretly hoping this water comes off as quickly as it jumped on.)

I will weigh in on Sunday!

chunkie89
09-01-2013, 05:19 AM
I'll join this challenge as well! Going for goal... Seems like a lot to lose but I did really bad this past week so most of my recent gain should be water weight. Will weigh in every Sunday.

Start: 122 on 1 Sep
Goal: 99 by 1 Nov

ImImportant
09-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Weighed in today. Starting weight 153.4

Goal - lose 10 pounds

Big Fat Rooster
09-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Hello :D

I am new here, joined on the 28th of August

On July 8 I went to the doctor because my right knee went out on me, I was barely hopping around. My weigh in there was 279. I was told that most of my medical problems were weight related. He said if I got it off my type 2 diabetes would be gone. He told me to lose 10% of my weight, 28 lbs. My weigh in this morning is with clothes off, so my weight loss so far has only been 19 lbs for the past 48 days.

I am joining this challenge. My weight is now 256 as of this morning. The 7% recommended weight loss (17 lbs) sounds a bit strong for a month but I will make that my goal.

I am 72 and with bad knees and arthritis in my joints exercising has to be done on a very limited scale, otherwise the 17 lbs would be a lot easier.

Wishing all the best

B F R

(big fat rooster)

Stay Puft
09-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Big Fat Rooster, 19 lbs in 48 days in a LOT. You should never say "only 19 lbs" instead say "impressive 19 lbs"!!!

The fall challenge lasts until Halloween so it is 2 months. So the 17 lbs will be over 2 months. It is still a strong goal but much more doable. Of course a woman who can lose 19 lbs in 48 days can do whatever she puts her mind to.

Mrs Snark
09-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Good morning all, our challenge has started! Yay! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I can hardly believe it is already September!

My weigh in days are Tuesday and Fridays, and part of my challenge will be to stay off the scale other than those 2 morning weigh-ins. I'll keep my last Friday weigh-in weight of 149.6 as my official weigh-in for the challenge.

Big Fat Rooster: I have a bad back and hip and I'm finding that taking the pounds off is significantly lowering my chronic pain. That alone is well worth the effort this journey takes! I hope you will get the same benefit! And I agree with Stay Puft, 19 pounds is very impressive!

tavvy
09-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Weighed in this morning: 311.4
Goal: 289

Tuscany
09-01-2013, 12:15 PM
I enjoy challenges...so I will put my name in this hat too! I'm 55 years young. I was generally at a normal weight until I reached my 40's. I then gradually put on a few pounds, such that I was about 5-15 pounds overweight. When I reached 50 and hit menopause, my weight climbed and climbed until it finally hit 190. I decided enough was enough. I started my weight loss journey on March 11, 2013...the same day I quit smoking. I've since lost over 40 lbs and remain smoke free. I feel and look 10 years younger and I'm soooo happy!

This morning, I weighed 148. The end of October is about 8 weeks away, but I'll be on vacation in Europe for 2 weeks in September. During those weeks, I hope to maintain, which gives me 6 weeks to lose. So, I shall shoot for a 10 lb loss, which is a little less than 2 lbs per week. In addition, 10 lbs approximates 7% of my current weight, and a 10 lb loss would put me at 138 lbs, solidly in the 130's. I love aiming for a new decade!

My official weigh in day is Monday. I will use today's weight as my starting weight, and will report in every Monday, beginning on Sep 9th.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you!

SW: 148.00
GW: 138.00

Mrs Snark
09-01-2013, 12:24 PM
The end of October is about 8 weeks away, but I'll be on vacation in Europe for 2 weeks in September.

Where in Europe are you going -- jealous! Two years ago we were in Italy for 3 weeks and loved it! I'm surprised they had any bread or wine left by the time I got done with them. I'm dying to go back, and also wishing we'd slipped into France while we were there...

cleancowgirl
09-01-2013, 02:03 PM
I am so happy we have so many great people joining our challenge! The 7 % is a basic guideline. Remember this is a 2 month old challenge. Aprox 60 days. I will post the weekly weights on Tuesday. So whatever weights posted will be included in the weekly running. Good luck to everyone.

cleancowgirl
09-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Here is mine
sw-236.5
Goal 220 (16.5 pounds)
I weigh in on Mondays.
I eat clean non processed and do calorie count as well. I work out 3 times a week at a gym and walk most every day except sundays. I work Saturday and sun 12 hour nights.

Tuscany
09-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Where in Europe are you going -- jealous! Two years ago we were in Italy for 3 weeks and loved it! I'm surprised they had any bread or wine left by the time I got done with them. I'm dying to go back, and also wishing we'd slipped into France while we were there...

I will be in Italy for 5 days and in the U.K. the rest of the time. My daughter lives in the U.K. She's currently doing her PhD at Oxford. She's getting married next year and the wedding will be in Siena, Italy. So, we're going to Italy to do wedding planning, plus we'll be in London shopping for wedding dresses. I can't wait!!

Part of our wedding planning involves meeting with the caterer, who will be making all sorts of "tasting" dishes, so we can taste things in advance in order to pick our menu. I have a feeling I won't be on plan that day. I love Italian food! :)

CoolMom75
09-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Okay...I chose Sunday night because it is my highest weight day. My weight loss is only as good as my highs. :D

SW: 196
CW: 199
GW: 180

patchworkpenguin
09-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Tuscany, your tasting sounds like a lot of fun! I love Italian food, too! :dizzy:

SW: 245
Goal: 235 {I tend to drop weight like crazy or hold onto each lb like its my last. I don't usually make weight goals, we'll see what will happen.}
I weigh on Wed.
I'm still figuring out what I'm doing. I've tried almost everything, twice, and some things drove me nuts while others, that I really wanted to work, didn't.
I need to get back to exercising.

Work is sending Hubby out of town again this coming week. These trips are supposed to come to an end soon, but their idea of soon and mine aren't the same. {I have vision problems, I can't drive, so I depend on him more than the average wife}. Also I just miss him when he's gone.

We recently bought a new-to-us small RV. We've only been on one trip so far but have another planned for this month and again next month {between Hubby's trips}. We had a wonderful time, just hanging out with each other and April {see avatar} and taking short walks in the heat! So we are hoping the camping trips will be a positive step to a healthier lifestyle.

firegirl441
09-02-2013, 02:13 AM
I would like to join in also! I am excited to set goals for myself and strive to meet them. I have 35 lbs to lose to get to the goal weight I set for myself. My final goal is to do this by New Year's Day as I lose motivation if I don't lose at a constant, moderately fast rate. Using the MRC plan, I should lose 2.5 lbs per week. I plan to add back in water exercise as well in the covered pool the rec center here has. I weigh in on Wednesdays at MRC as my official weight. DH did buy me a used set of medical office scales we found on Craigslist so I weigh on them every morning. I am 49 years old until next July. My long-term goal is to be my weight when I graduated from high school (165) on my 50th birthday. I would like to lose 15 lbs by October 31st.

olehcat
09-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Gosh, this is embarrassing, I accidentally wrote this message in the wrong challenge group and tried to delete the message there but don't know if it worked, haha. Okay, well here is the right place to put this:

My "official" weigh-in day is Sunday, although this past Sunday I was out of town, so I used Saturday. My last weigh-in was 148.8. So that will be my start for this challenge. I hope by Thanksgiving (around November 28 for those not in the US), to be 15 pounds less at about 133.

Rock on, all, we can do this!

Mrs Snark
09-02-2013, 02:47 PM
I will be in Italy for 5 days and in the U.K. the rest of the time.

Oh my, that sounds so exciting! What a wonderful way to do a wedding, I can only imagine! I'm sure this will be an incredibly memorable trip!

I'm still figuring out what I'm doing. I've tried almost everything, twice, and some things drove me nuts while others, that I really wanted to work, didn't.

Have you settled on any particular plan yet? I don't really follow any formal "diet" plan. I basically cut out all junk (and junky) food and diet soda and just try to make healthy choices at every meal. I went through wicked withdrawals from just about everything I think, but it definitely has gotten easier over time and I hope it keeps getting easier, too. *fingers crossed*

Also, I'd love to have an RV! We have a sailboat that we overnight in, which is kinda the same thing, but you know -- goes alot slower and has to be on the water, so we are limited that way. I dream of going to every state in an RV when my husband retires.

I would like to join in also! Welcome! I bet you will rock your 50th birthday number, you can do it!

Rock on, all, we can do this!
Yes we can!

Having a nice holiday weekend here in Florida. We were out on the boat yesterday and I deliberately didn't bring any snacks -- so there was no snacking to be done and also no need to exert enormous will power to avoid snacking. Win!

I'm having an overall good week other than the fact the I tried to add a bag of raw walnuts and a jar of Sunbutter to my pantry and it turns out I can't have either in my house -- definitely binge triggers. I could feel myself obsessing over them and I had a big ole handful of unplanned walnuts the first night they were here, then I had to fight them all the rest of the night. And then I was fighting both products over the last 2 days, so into the trash they went. I thought I'd come a little further than this, so that's disappointing, but knowing (and respecting) my limitations has got to be part of my plan.

Emula
09-02-2013, 02:51 PM
@Tuscany my sister got married in Rome 2 years ago and the food was amazing there were 5 courses and I've never better food at a wedding/ever. I hope you enjoy!

@Big Fat Rooster Wow 19lbs! That's fantastic, fair play!

Well, I think I'm doing okay so far; I climbed (very slowly) a (tiny) mountain on Saturday which I never would have even attempted before so I'm quite happy. I think I'll try it again at the end of October just to compare.
Hope everyone's doing well and keeping on plan :)

alyssarof2012
09-02-2013, 06:25 PM
My weigh in for yesterday (forgot to post):

SW: 313.5
CW: 314.2
GW: 285-290

ally5151
09-02-2013, 09:36 PM
I weighed in on Sat, so I'll use that as my starting weight. It was 313.8

patchworkpenguin
09-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Snark, I'm still working on a plan of action foodwise. Most of the 'diet plans' I feel very limited/restricted on. I"ve tried 'low carb', cal counting {worked to a point but drove me nuts}, intuitive eating {really wanted to work but didn't}, the list goes on. I cut out sodas, junk food, chips except on occasion, years ago. I'm starting with smaller portions and will make more changes as I feel the need or stall. I'm trying to take baby steps so as not to get discouraged or frustrated. The RV was rather an impulse purchase, but we had a great time on our first trip.

Emula, great job on your tiny mountain. Just think of the next time you climb it you will do so much better.

Needtolose87
09-03-2013, 02:00 AM
I'm in! I'm new to this website but I intend to visit often cause I think this will really help me :) I've always struggled with my weight but I'm hoping that I will be able to lose the weight and keep it off this time. My weight currently is 325 and my goal for this is going to be 305. I will weigh in on Sundays.

Mrs Snark
09-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Welcome Needtolose87!

Everyone ready for a great Tuesday? I had a fresh peach in my oatmeal this morning, so delicious!

How was everyone's weekend?

Stay Puft
09-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Good weekend, but looking forward to a great week. I learned the other week that you could roast frozen brussel sprouts. I had thought I could only roast fresh veggies. But I tried it and it worked. So I am going to roast some more this afternoon to have with my lunch.

firegirl441, what a great way to celebrate your 50th!

olehcat, so I'm not the only one who forgets which thread I am in. ;)

Emula, no mountains here so I'm a little jealous. I love that you will use that to measure progress.

alyssarof2012, I know this is going to be a great month for you. You will cross that 100 pound barrier and feel fabulous!

ally5151, welcome!

patchworkpenguin, I do baby steps as well. Sometimes it just takes experimenting on yourself long enough to find something that works for you. My dog would love to play with your dog. And that stick.

Needtolose87, welcome! Being accountable to others does seem to help me so I hope it helps you as well.

Mrs Snark, mmmmm oatmeal. I must remember to get some as now that you have mentioned it, I want some for breakfast.

Thankfully, my only trigger food currently is Mountain Dew. I can still have it around as long as I don't take a sip. No sips. Not even a tiny one. Good for you for throwing out your trigger foods. That takes strength.

Mrs Snark
09-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Stay Puft (love your name and avatar by the way, one of my fav movies)! I love roasted brussels sprouts, so tasty. I hadn't tried roasting with frozen, either, only fresh, so that is good to know for the future!

Big Fat Rooster
09-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Hey everyone :D

Read your replies to me Ms Snark and Stay Puft :D

Thanks for letting me know that I really ought to read much closer, that this is a two month challenge, not a one month challenge :D

I hereby change my challenge amount to 24 lbs rather than the 17. Think I will keep it on the lighter side.

Ms Snark, yes, the 19 lbs I lost so far have already had an impact on my back pain, practically gone :D But only part of the credit goes to the weight loss, the other to some stretching exercises for my knees and to some weird exercises which I started doing which together with the weight loss have had a tremendous change for the better.

I saw a post about shingles asking for help and replied to it this morning. I have had it and it is extremely painful though not life threatening. Shingles is actually the chicken pox virus, a small amount which has survived in a nerve cell since one had chicken pox, usually as a child and often 50 years earlier. Only people who have had chicken pox can get it. It is VERY painful, not like the chicken pox itself. And it will take a couple of months to get over. The good news is that there is a vaccine for it, a one time vaccination which gives excellent protection against shingles. If you have had chicken pox, I highly suggest getting that vaccination as soon as possible. Even if you have had shingles, unfortunately you can get it over and over. I had it more than once myself but when that vaccine came out I got it, I do not want to go through that stuff again.

Staypuft, there are mountains all around me, you are welcome to come climb any of them you want as many times as ya want while I watch ya comfortably from my easy chair :D

B F R

cleancowgirl
09-03-2013, 04:27 PM
I made a spread sheet to keep track of everyone's progress.
I need the following sw/ gw for this challenge from these members: pnkrckpixikat, lady of port, monkeysmom, jazzii, only believe,ok lizzy, mrs snark (need just a goal weight) staypuft (need a starting weight)
If you posted and I missed it sorry, I tried going back over each post.
Weights will be calculated and posted tuesdays. Weights are due by 8pm Mondays. If you weigh later in the week it will be posted on the next weeks data. If you miss more than 2 weeks unless you contact me you are taken off the roster but are allowed to post at anytime if you want to restart.
The winner will be the one with the most percentage.
Good luck to everyone!

Stay Puft
09-03-2013, 05:12 PM
cleancowgirl, thanks for doing all the work for this. Sorry I forgot about posting my actual start weight from Sept. 1.

SW: 196.0
GW: 183.0 (-13 lbs)

9/03: 193.8

BFR, I probably couldn't climb them in my current shape. But I could stare longingly at them and yell "some day mountains I shall climb you!" And then I would remember my fear of heights and slink away.

Mrs Snark
09-03-2013, 05:41 PM
B F R - thanks for the reminder about the shingles vaccine -- really need to go and get that!

Cleancowgirl -- Yeah, thanks for the work on our weight tracking! I'm taking a shot in the dark on goal weight, since I don't know how slow or fast I could lose at this weight, so I'll go with trying to lose 8.6lbs, so a goal weight of 141.0. I'd be thrilled to be that weight at the end of this challenge!

patchworkpenguin
09-04-2013, 10:33 AM
I twisted around last night while getting ready for bed and pulled a muscle in my back, right below my waist. Doh. I'm keeping aspercreame on it but I'm having to move carefully this morning.

today is my official weigh-in day but no change from a few days ago. 243.4

My parents are coming to pick me up soon for Bible study, lunch and a little shopping

Stay Puft, we call April 'the mulcher' she likes to chew on sticks more than chase them.

Hope130
09-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Hey I'll jump in, my goal is to get past my plateau or 141. I always get to it and then bounce back up 5 lbs. I'd like to get down to 135 and I'm starting at 145.8

TXHappygirl
09-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Hello,

I want in as well. I am new here but ready for a change. I am 55 and have been struggling with my weight for the last 5 years or so. I would love to drop 18 pounds by the end of October, that is 2 pounds per week which seems reasonable. Let's get rolling!

Teeni
09-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Not sure if we start weighing in this week or next. This is y first challenge, I am a little nervous. I am so happy I joined though I can feel myself slipping in the eating department and need some accountability.

CW:251
GW: 234

Mrs Snark
09-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Welcome Teenie! I think we start weighing this week, but jump in when you're ready! Hang in there -- CLING to your plan if you need to (I've had MANY clingy days!), we are happy to be here and hold your feet to the accountability fire. ;)

patchworkpenguin - Ouch, sorry about your back! Hopefully it improves FAST!

Welcome Hope and TXHappygirl!

Happy hump day ya'll! I'm already making my weekend food menu so I won't be tempted to stray off plan (weekends are always hardest for me!). My weigh in is Friday, hoping to see a little drop, I'd be happy even with teeny tiny amount lower!

tavvy
09-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Teeni: Clean eating is the hardest part for me. I basically had to brainwash myself into thinking that junk food is poison. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis so most junk food truly is poison for my body. I take it one day at a time and am proud of every day of clean eating that I accomplish. Also thinking of why I want to eat something helps...when I am bored, I want to eat tons of junk, when I am tired, I crave sugar, etc. Figuring out why I want to eat helps me find a healthier solution to the underlying problem.

Penguin:Hope your back feels better soon :(

I am feeling pretty fabulous right now. I am down 4lbs since the start of the challenge! I know it is water weight but it is weight nonetheless! I am hoping to get a workout in during the kids nap!

patchworkpenguin
09-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Snark, thanks for the good wishes about my back. I was told by a PT once that once you pull a muscle you are prone to injuring it again and again. I just have to be more careful

Tavvy, great to see you here! I remember you from before. Congrats on your baby!

Teeni, what a cute puppy! glad to have you join us.

Welcome, HappyGirl and Hope!

cleancowgirl
09-04-2013, 05:03 PM
I twisted around last night while getting ready for bed and pulled a muscle in my back, right below my waist. Doh. I'm keeping aspercreame on it but I'm having to move carefully this morning.

today is my official weigh-in day but no change from a few days ago. 243.4

My parents are coming to pick me up soon for Bible study, lunch and a little shopping

Stay Puft, we call April 'the mulcher' she likes to chew on sticks more than chase them.

Try alternating heat and ice. Heat 20 min ice 20 min and take ibuprofen for the inflammation. It is safe to take 800mg every 8 hours as long as your kidney and liver functions are normal. Feel better.:)

cleancowgirl
09-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Welcome all new members and got everyone in the spreadsheet. Txhappy girl I just took your starting weight from your avatar as 198 and goal of 18 pounds just post if I am wrong.
Tavvy I do clean eating too as you can tell by my sign on. It can be rough at first. I have a bunch of clean eating blogs I follow for recipes if you ever are interested. Sometimes eating clean can get boring so these sites really help with creative awesome recipes. I have been eating clean for about 14 weeks and taken off 40 pounds so it does work but it can get hard.

alyssarof2012
09-04-2013, 07:37 PM
@Stay Puft - Thank you! I hope-no, I know so! I'm definitely making it happen for myself this month. :)

Mrs Snark
09-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Anyone a fan of the show The Walking Dead? I watched Seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix (TWICE, in a ROW) while on the treadmill. So motivational to run because the only time I was allowed to watch the show is if I was running.

Well, I just can't wait for Season 3 to release on Netflix, so I ordered the DVDs today. :carrot: Same deal will apply -- can only watch if I'm running. I see me taking verrrrry few days off running once those DVDs get here! ;)

MrsKevin
09-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Hi group- Cleancowgirl posted on my introduction here today since I said I was also a smoker that I should come over here to the Chicks Up For A Challenge area and there might be others who will soon start a stop smoking program.

Does anyone know about such a thing going on now? Would like to read about it. (if you have read my introduction here, you know I have "alot on my plate" now anyway: death of husband recently to cancer, mother in hospice 2,300 miles away, now dieting on Atkins -but doing/feeling good about that for now)

But maybe it's time for me to stop smoking too-- would like to hear/read more about others who would like to do the same.

Hello??? :wave: cleancowgirl, :wave: are you seeing this? (or anyone else with info/insight for this newbie)

:hug: MrsKevin

CoolMom75
09-04-2013, 09:48 PM
I'm on week 5 of my current weight loss journey and decided to start counting and cutting carbs (which I've never done!) and finally started up some activity with morning dog walks. My little dog is loving it and of course I feel guilty for not always taking him. His excitement will hopefully keep me going.

CoolMom75
09-04-2013, 09:54 PM
I don't have any smoking cessation challenge info but wanted to say you can do it! I'm so sorry you are going through so much stress and loss. Maybe focusing on your health is just what you need to do to keep busy.

Hi group- Cleancowgirl posted on my introduction here today since I said I was also a smoker that I should come over here to the Chicks Up For A Challenge area and there might be others who will soon start a stop smoking program.

Does anyone know about such a thing going on now? Would like to read about it. (if you have read my introduction here, you know I have "alot on my plate" now anyway: death of husband recently to cancer, mother in hospice 2,300 miles away, now dieting on Atkins -but doing/feeling good about that for now)

But maybe it's time for me to stop smoking too-- would like to hear/read more about others who would like to do the same.

Hello??? :wave: cleancowgirl, :wave: are you seeing this? (or anyone else with info/insight for this newbie)

:hug: MrsKevin

cleancowgirl
09-04-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry if you misunderstood me. I meant for the weight loss part. I am sure if you posted on the general forum there would be a lot of smokers trying to quit.
I am a big advocate of no smoking. I am a cardiac nurse and know the benefits of what "no smoking" can do for the body. I can send you information if you need help. I recommend Chantix it has worked for a lot of people.

Big Fat Rooster
09-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Mrs Kevin, congrats on your decision to stop smoking :)

Don't know what I can do for you in that department other than to cheer you on. I did not "quit" smoking, being as I just could not quit. But I did stop smoking and that was 37 years ago (spring of 1976) from 4 packs a day of stinking smoking choking hacking and coughing chain smoking to a cold turkey stop.

If I had not of stopped, I would not be here today writing this. I wish my dad and one sister and one brother had of stopped also when they could have and when it would have done some good. They are stopped now, but they have also ceased breathing. If you or someone starts a thread on stopping smoking I would be pleased to tell my story of my struggles and triumphs and tips etc and cheer ya all on.

Good luck to ya :)

B F R

P. S. Did ya know that is a fact that 99.99% of all chain smokers.............. ...... do not smoke chains??????

Emula
09-05-2013, 03:58 AM
I need to leave for work so this is just a quick post to log this weeks weight loss:
SW: 154.6 CW: 153.6
Must. Try. Harder.
Hope everyone's well :)

toodles11
09-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Today was my weigh-in day -

8/29: 186
9/5: 187 :mad:

On my period this week :club: I usually see a big woosh afterwards so here's hoping to seeing a big loss next week. :crossed:

tavvy
09-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Cleancowgirl: I follow a ton of blogs as well, but I subscribe to a meal-plan by holistic squid for clean eating. Makes dinners a breeze! It is not easy but I feel so much better that even if I didn't lose weight, I would want to eat this way. It is amazing what your body can do if you nourish it properly :)

Penguin: I remember you too! Looks like we both came back at the same time. Hope you had a good time with your parents yesterday :)

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!

Stay Puft
09-05-2013, 03:11 PM
patchworkpenguin, those sticks must be delicious. Or maybe she's just flossing. ;) I hope you are feeling better.

Hope130, plateaus are hard. Are you doing anything fun to mix it up and catch your body off guard?

TXHappygirl, I'm ready to roll with you!

Teeni, hold tight!!!!! If you do or did slip, just grab tight again. As for weighing, I think it is however often you feel comfortable. I weight every day but I'll probably only post my weight once or twice a week. Unless I'm struggling, then I'll post more. You should post as often as you need to make it work for you.

Mrs Snark, looking forward to your drop tomorrow! I watch the Walking Dead. It's a great way to motivate yourself. I gave away my treadmill after years of not using it. Kind of regret that now. But I've done the Sansone walking videos while watching tv. Does make the time go faster.

tavvy, I mentioned in another thread, that 4 lbs is amazing. It bears repeating. Amazing!

MrsKevin, good luck with quitting smoking. I've never smoked, but when I was a kid both my parents quit at the same time. Little stressful and angry time in the house at the time, but well worth it. I think seeing how hard it was for them kept me away from smoking.

CoolMom75, guilt is a great motivator. Just having to look into that little face and deny them a walk makes not walking hard. I really should use my dog more.

Emula, a pound is still a pound. So good job!

toodles11, good luck on the whoosh!!

patchworkpenguin
09-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Arrgh! I somehow managed to pick up a stomach bug. I had to leave knitting early, cancel lunch and this evening, too. I'm starting to feel better at least.

My back is much improved, also.

Aayden
09-05-2013, 06:58 PM
I'd love to join in this challenge if I'm not to late. I've struggled with my weight since I was a teen and I'm ready to make some big changes. I think my goal is to lose 20 lbs. I'm confident if I try hard enough I might just make it! :carrot:

Mrs Snark
09-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Glad to have you with us, Aayden! If you state your start weight and goal weight (for this 2 month challenge) Cleancowgirl will add you to her nifty tracking spreadsheet! :)

Aayden
09-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Whoops, sorry about that. Start weight is 290, goal weight is 270.

mzshaunna
09-05-2013, 09:41 PM
What a great idea :) I love these challenge threads and want to use them as a way to motivate me to stick to goal.

Weigh in day: Monday. Weighed myself Wed and was 101.4kg

My goal by the end of October 31: 95kg

Good luck everyone! Going to go to the gym today after work to kick start my weightloss goals

Emula
09-06-2013, 03:54 AM
Oh no Patchworkpenguin you poor thing! I hope you're better soon!

Welcome Aayden and mzshaunna

Mrs Snark
09-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Welcome mzshaunna!

Well. I just had to wait to eat dinner until 9 pm last night and I just HAD to have an Indian frozen meal and add a bunch of soy sauce and sriracha, so that on my official weigh day this morning I am up .2 lbs to 149.8.

Drat! That was kinda stupid. Oh well. I've been daily weighing and I was so excited to see 148 yesterday, so I will have an extra good weigh in next Friday! Something to look forward to!

JeniH
09-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Today is my official weigh in day. I'm 311.6! Holy crap!! I went over my calories by like 400 this past Tuesday because of my moms birthday (steak house and yummy homemade lemon coconut pound cake...*drool*) and yet I lost 3.4lbs.... I might actually make my goal of 300 by Halloween.

patchworkpenguin
09-06-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm feeling better today, but I'm still nervous about eating anything. Hopefully, its run its course and I can get back to normal. Hubby comes home today at least.

I need to try to clean house, at least. Its been a while, and I didn't do yesterday's laundry either.

Jen, great surprise!

Welcome, Aayden and Shaunna, glad to have you join us.

Mrs Snark
09-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Today is my official weigh in day. I'm 311.6! Holy crap!! I went over my calories by like 400 this past Tuesday because of my moms birthday (steak house and yummy homemade lemon coconut pound cake...*drool*) and yet I lost 3.4lbs.... I might actually make my goal of 300 by Halloween.

CONGRATULATIONS!

tavvy
09-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Mrs. Snark If I don't eat before 8, I go to bed hungry...for me, no good food decisions are made after 8pm. I'm sure next week your weigh in will be awesome!!

Penguin :getwell:

Down .6lbs since yesterday. Dealing with a VERY needy and fussy baby today. He slept all of 3 hours last night so you can imagine how he is feeling (and how I am feeling!). Still, I am going to hop on my exercise bike if I ever get to put him down!

tavvy
09-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Jeni: You can DEFINITELY make your goal! Congrats on your loss! :carrot:

JeniH
09-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks y'all!

cleancowgirl
09-06-2013, 04:53 PM
I think all of you are doing awesome.
Tavvy, jen h and emula Just fantastic weight losses.
Even if you don't see a change remember just sticking with your plan and posting will make you more accountable to yourself and eventually there will be a change. Keep up the good work. My weigh in tomorrow so hoping for good results.

All the newbies gottcha on the spread sheet and so glad to have you with us.

cleancowgirl
09-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Weight down to 235.2 so 2.7 this week. I think partially it is water weight because I was holding sodium last week, but a loss is a loss! I will be working midnight tonight and tomorrow so weights posted will be updated on Monday. Have a good weekend and remember take one step at a time.

Emula
09-07-2013, 01:09 PM
That's a fantastic loss cleancowgirl well done!

SuperHeroTeacher
09-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Congrats everyone on week 1 losses! Today's my official weigh in and I'm down too!

SW: 208.1
9/7: 205.2 -2.9
GW: 193.1

Stay Puft
09-08-2013, 09:32 AM

9/01: 196.0
9/08: 193.6

That looks good, but I lost that weight on 9/02. Since then I've just bounced around. I need the scale to stop bouncing and start moving down. Come on scale, get it together.

Aayden, welcome to the challenge!

mzshaunna, welcome to you as well!

JeniH, you will make your goal! Congrats on your amazing loss.

patchworkpenguin, I hope you are all better now.

cleancowgirl, great loss!!

tavvy, I hope you got to ride your exercise bike.

SuperHeroTeacher, congrats on the loss!

Big Fat Rooster
09-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Well, here it is Sept 8 and one week slid by, time to weigh in My starting weight on last Sunday morning, Sept 2 was 256.6 lbs.

Actually, the week did not just slide by, it was purt rough for the most part. On Monday, the 2nd and second day of this challenge I got up as usual, feeling fine and ready to take on the world. While drinking my morning 12 cup pot of coffee, I played a few games of spades online, read up on all the world news, wrote Obama to keep us da hek outta Syria, did my part for saving the world ya know Then about 10 I could feel tinges of hunger, just enough to let me know I ought to eat something. Had a breakfast of a chicken sandwich made on two slices of whole wheat bread, mayo, lettuce and a slab of grilled chicken, which I thought was about 4 oz, (240 cal) and half a cup of pinto beans with jalapeno. Total calories of 360. But since then I got in the kitchen digital scales which I purchased online for a very reasonable amount. I found out that 4 oz of chicken I thought was really less than 2 oz, 100 calories less.

Anyway, back to the rough part. I bought some sweetener, Truvia, supposedly made from the best parts of Stevia. I do not drink sodas nor other any sweetened drinks. Tea and coffee for me is sugarless, cannot stand sugar in them. I bought the sweetener to put in home made jamaica so to take a bit from the tart. I actually like it without any sugar to quite a degree, but wanted to remove some of the tart edge off of it. After I finished all of my 12 cup pot of cofee I wanted I switched to jaimica with a little of that Truvia in it. That stuff was supposed to be made from the best parts of Stevia.

An hour after drinking the jaimica I started getting a head ache, tightness across my shoulders, a type of pain but more just on the bothersome side. And my eyes started hurting and I got VERY drowsy. So I went to take a nap and see if that fixed it. YE GADS got up still with all the symptoms intact. Figured it would pass. Lasted like that all day, plus I just felt crappy.

Got up the next am, feeling mostly OK. Had my coffee etc, reg morning things. Finally made something to eat, about 300 calories worth. I was OK until I drank about half of a glass of jaimica sweetened with Truvia again. Same thing as the day before. I started to make the association between that and the Truvia, the only thing different that it could be attributed to. And I also felt my blood glucose as not right, and figured that was the reason for my eyes hurting. Tested my blood glucose and nearly fell over, it was over 200, extremely high for me. Got online and googled Truvia. Did not like what I found. It has less than .002 stevia in it, the sweetening part comes from erythritol. Truvia has a long list of side effects, and all of mine were listed, from increasing the glucose level, aching shoulders, headache, drowsiness, and more. On a very long list of postings my symptoms were mentioned countless times. And our FDA approved it???? Coca Cola and Cargill owns Truvia,......... big money..... money talks bull crap walks........... that sorta thing???? whewwwwwwwww ouch

I ordered some xylitol online which should be here in another week or so............ Anybody know of any complaints about that one? If so please let me know.

Back to the third day.... The foul aftertaste I had from Truvia bothered me, and once again I had the headache, shoulder pain/tightness, hurting eyes.......... and the blood glucose took most of the week to get almost back to normal. Last night for the first time since drinking some of that Truvia sweetened drink my blood glucose got down to 110.

That evening I went into town and ate at a Mexican restaurant, a small mom and pop place whose owners are Mexican immigrants who dish out authentic Mexican food. I like and had cheese enchiladas with beans and rice. LOL and had some jaimica drink Twice the usual daily calorie intake that day, but I was desperately trying to get out of those miserable feelings.

It took all week to get back to near normal. Friday night I relented and bought a quart of Dyers Cherry Vanilla ice cream which was making faces at me in the store and ate half of it as soon as I got home. Turned out to be 1 1/2 quarts, 1660 calories LOL Oh well. And yesterday I finished it off. But I did the calcs and though I went way over the daily calories I aim for, I was still under the amount of maintenence calories so I knew I was still losing weight.

Well, with a bit of trepidation, I stepped on the scales this morning, the first time since last Sunday morning. I knew from the last time I lost weight for three months the huge variations that are seen in daily or several times a day weighing. I will just take what it says on Sunday mornings. Here it is.

MY SCALES ARE OFF BAD. DISREGARD MY ORIGINAL 256.2 STARTING WEIGHT, SAME SCALES. I REWEIGHED AFTER SPOTTING A TYPING ERROR AND THEN WEIGHED 4 TIMES WITH THE WEIGHT VARRYING OVER 4 LBS. I DO NOT KNOW MY TRUE STARTING WEIGHT NOR WHAT IT IS NOW MY APOLOGIES THIS WAS EDITED TO MAKE THIS CORRECTION

I was 279 lbs exactly 3 months ago, July 8, when I started this weight loss after a visit to my doctor who told me to lose 10% or 28 lbs.
I plan on adding more limited exercise this coming week so hopefully it will result in more on the loss side.

Hope the rest of you had a better week and thanks for being here for me

B F R

CoolMom75
09-08-2013, 12:26 PM
BFR-Congrats on the loss after such a rough week! That's good to know about the truvia. I had been using one stevia packet in my coffee, ran out and decided to give it up but lately I've been wanting to buy it again. Have you heard something negative about stevia in the raw?

CoolMom75
09-08-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm going to keep my weigh-in day of Sunday but change it to a morning weigh-in for better consistency. It's still my highest weight day of the week but evening is kinda crazy and depressing. lol

SW:196
9/1:199 (evening)
9/8:193 (morning, from here on out)
GW:180

CoolMom75
09-08-2013, 12:34 PM

9/01: 196.0
9/08: 193.6

That looks good, but I lost that weight on 9/02. Since then I've just bounced around. I need the scale to stop bouncing and start moving down. Come on scale, get it together.

Weight buddies! Hehe

cleancowgirl
09-08-2013, 04:07 PM
bfr- I did some research on truvia and there have been countless episodes of fatigue muscle pain. I always thought truvia was stevia but saw it is not. Recently I started buying stevia in the raw and found my sugar spike cravings are not there like they were with truvia. Just let me know what you want your starting weight to be and I can make the adjustment. Hope you are feeling better.

Great job everyone on the weight losses.

patchworkpenguin
09-09-2013, 01:15 AM
Thought I'd check in. I'm not sure what I got but I had alternating fever and chills for two days, and just didn't want to eat anything, Hubby came home and now I feel better but still not 100%.

Hope you guys are well.

SouthernBell02
09-09-2013, 03:26 AM
Hey all! Everyone is doing a fantastic job! I had a 1.2 lb loss this week from 241.7 to 240.5. I didn't do well last weekend so I will have to do much better this week. Keep up the great work ladies see y'all in a week!

cheeriloos
09-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Been heavy forever, wanna get under 200 by Christmas, under 220 by Halloween, started 8/6 @250.

Today I weigh 234.4
52 days to lose 15lbs.. I can do it!
9/9:234.4

Needtolose87
09-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Wasn't able to post my weigh in from yesterday til now. I weighed 324.0 So I lost 1 pound. Scale didnt move much this week but at least it is going in the right direction! Hopefully this week will be better.

cheeriloos
09-10-2013, 10:17 AM
wanna get under 200 by Christmas, under 220 by Halloween, started 8/6 @250.

Today I weigh 234.4
52 days to lose 15lbs.. I can do it!
9/9:234.4
9/10:233.0 (51 days /14 lbs left)

Mrs Snark
09-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Welcome Cheeriloos!

Great job to all the losers, a great first week it sounds like for most people!

BFR -- thanks for that info on truvia, I had no idea. I have stevia in the raw every morning in my coffee, so I'm going to look into this more...

cleancowgirl
09-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Week one done! I still waiting to hear some weight numbers.

If I don't hear by this evening I will just post your weight from last week. I will post results tomorrow.

Need weights for this week from
Teeni
novus
olehcat
asianaries
snooze
ally 5151
fashinjunkie09
tavvy
chunkie89
bigfatrooster
Tuscany
firegirl441
txhappygirl

Big Fat Rooster
09-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Hey, sorry 'bout the weight thing, new set of scales should be in by Thursday, will post then

Otherwise, I got those new scales out again this am and stepped on them 6 times in a row, weights from 250.2 up to 258.something :D Take yer pick or wait :D

I would offer those new scales cheap but they are going back to Amazon

B F R

CoolMom75
09-10-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm on my 6th week of being back on plan and hitting the new energy, eyes wide open, realizing just how far I let myself go and how far I have to go stage. You know, that phase that hits every so often? lol

I joined a hiking meet up and was looking over the past events; all probably way over my current fitness level. I just want to be able to immediately jump into my new lifestyle. Sigh.

Keep on trucking, right? The 180s are so close! I can't wait.

mzshaunna
09-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Everyone is doing awesome, well done :)

This morning I had porridge for breakfast instead of what I usually have (I work at a mining village kind of like a hotel so food is provided which makes temptations hard - i normally have 4 neglish muffins, spaghetti and hashbrowns for breaky so was surprised at my healthier choice)

Weighed myself and am stoked to have lost 2kg :) A lot of it would have been fluid retention as last week when I weighed it was a day after I had come back from my trip overseas so was probably still bloated from the plane but I am stoked with the results.

04.09.2013: 101.4kg
11.09.2013: 99.4kg

Only weighing myself once a week as I don't want to do it daily as it will probably drive me crazy

Emula
09-11-2013, 04:03 AM
I'm on my 6th week of being back on plan and hitting the new energy, eyes wide open, realizing just how far I let myself go and how far I have to go stage. You know, that phase that hits every so often? lol

I Love that feeling! Everything seems so clear, and "the plan" is feels obvious and completely do-able. :D
Good luck with the hiking, I hope you enjoy it!

Lacielou
09-11-2013, 09:14 AM
29 year old mom of one. Had success in my early 20's and lost around 60 pounds on weight watchers. Got married had a miscarriage, diagnosed with PCOS and then was able to have my son. Lost my dad last year and gained more. Having a hard time losing any weight! I am at 287#, my heaviest and I have to get healthy for me and my family!
Goal, 267
I will weigh in Mondays.

Mrs Snark
09-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Welcome Lacielou!

cheeriloos
09-11-2013, 09:47 AM
GOAL under 200 by Christmas, under 220 by Halloween, started 8/6 @250.

9/09:234.4 (52 days/15.4 lbs left)
9/10:233.0 (51 days /14.0 lbs left)
9/11:232.2 (50 days/13.2 lbs left)

Thanks for the welcome!! :hug: I'm excited that this goal is in reach if I still gaining by eating junk that having to start again..

Novus
09-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Week one done! I still waiting to hear some weight numbers.

If I don't hear by this evening I will just post your weight from last week. I will post results tomorrow.

I feel like September is a broken hourglass with all the sand pouring out. How is it already nearly the middle of the month?!? Egads. Here is my weight update, which I totally forgot to post earlier.

SW: 170
Sept. 6: 168.6 (loss 1.4)

Hope everyone is doing well with this challenge!

SarainMN
09-11-2013, 10:26 AM
can I still join?
my name is Sara, I'm a mom of 3 and do foster care for 4 disabled adults (husband and I do it together) I live in MN and enjoy working out (yes-I actually do) and scrapbooking and watching my 2 older boys in sports
I also sell 31 Gifts as a side job
I started WW in March 2012 and lost 50 lbs but have been stuck at that 50 since Feb
by Halloween I hope to be at 175lb (at 186 right now)

patchworkpenguin
09-11-2013, 10:56 AM
After being sick all week I finally feel good again.

Today's weigh in 243.4 no change but I'm not surprised and I'm just happy it didn't go up.

Welcome to all the new Challengers!

cheeriloos
09-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Penguin!! Glad ur feeling bettah! :hug:

cleancowgirl
09-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Welcome to all our new members! Anyone can join at any time!!
BFR- I just put your weight from last week, that does seem like a big jump. Just post when you get your new scale or weight.
Penquin - actually have you down for a loss your original weight was 245 so you loss 1.6. Hope you feel better soon.
Tavvy- I used your ticker weight you had posted on your sig for the challenge.
tuscany- I reposted your weight I remember now you said you were in Italy and then u.k planning your dd wedding. Post when you can.

I will wait for a couple more to post but will post the losers tonight.

Teeni
09-11-2013, 05:26 PM
I had a great week. I buckled down on my "sneaky bites" when I'm feeding my son and I worked on upping my water intake. Best weight loss in a little while. I am starting to feel like this time I may actually stick with it. I am eating the healthiest foods I have ever had in my entire life and I am enjoying the change. I didn't realize how much my body craved fresh, non-processed foods. Almost forgot to post today, my hubby had the day off and been enjoying family time.
9/4: 251
9/11: 246

cleancowgirl
09-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Our biggest losers this week are
Tenni- 6 pounds Wow!
Tavvy- 5.4
mszshauna-4.4
jen h-3.4
superheroteacher-2.9

Overall we lost 34.6 lbs!!!!!

We still have some people who did not post this week but hopefully they will through the next couple days and it will count towards next week.

Keep it up guys!

Emula
09-12-2013, 05:59 AM
34.6lbs!! That's the equivalent of a small child. :carrot: well done people! I'm looking forward to seeing what the final combined weight-loss will be.
Congratulations to the biggest losers! Those are some very impressive losses! :)

Last week: 153.6
This week: 151.2

cheeriloos
09-12-2013, 08:24 AM

9/10:233.0 (51 days /14.0 lbs left)
9/12:231.8 (49 days/ 12.8 las left)

cleancowgirl
09-12-2013, 03:35 PM
I am waiting til Saturday for my official weight but currently at 232.6. so almost down three. I have upped my walking. I plan on signing up for a 5k for thanksgiving day at our hospital. I currently walk 3 miles in an hour, not great but plan on trying to start a running program tomorrow.

patchworkpenguin
09-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Its nice to be back to normal after last week. Of course the normal ends tonight, we are packed and ready for a trip tomorrow to a local state park for the weekend. Yay!

Cowgirl, good to realize I did have a loss!

CoolMom75
09-12-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better, Penguin. Just in time for your weekender!

Cowgirl, thanks for keeping track of the totals and great job with the walking. Starting a program sounds very motivated!

CoolMom75
09-12-2013, 09:12 PM
My big, ugly salad is made and ready to keep me on plan when I'm feeling peckish. I just shred up a bit of everything and toss it around in a giant ziplock bag. Because of the cabbage and beet it looks a little suspect in the fridge. Ha! No one will be taking any of my salad.

I throw it in a bowl, toss on some tomato, feta, a protein and some homemade dressing and it is an awesome meal.

cheeriloos
09-13-2013, 08:48 AM
]GOAL under 200 by Christmas, under 220 by Halloween, started 8/6 @250.

9/10:233.0 (51 days/14.0 lbs left)
9/12:231.8 (49 days/12.8 lbs left)
9/13:230.2 (48 days/11.2 lbs left)

Mrs Snark
09-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Friday is my weigh-in day: 147.2, so a loss of 2.6 for the week, some of which is the loss I should have had last week. So I'm happy! Still on the right track, no adjustments necessary yet.

JeniH
09-13-2013, 12:18 PM
After being up pretty much all week because of water weight (no idea why, never held on to water like that before) I'm down to 308.8 as of this morning!

toodles11
09-13-2013, 12:39 PM
9/5: 187
9/13: 185

A loss is a loss... I'll take it! Next week I'll be taking my monthly measurements and I can tell the way my clothes are fitting that I've lost inches. Can't wait to see the numbers there - much more pleasing to me than the scale.

Fresh Feeling
09-13-2013, 12:57 PM
I'll take the challenge!
I am I am from australia, I'm 156cm and I currently weight 71.9 kg. there's a lot going on for me that week haha so I could definitely use the challenge to keep myself in order :) Goodluck everyone!!

Novus
09-14-2013, 03:25 AM
No change for me this week. Not surprised because it has been an über stressful week and that makes my body hang onto the weight. Ah, well. Onwards and downwards!

cleancowgirl
09-14-2013, 10:59 AM
I'll take the challenge!
I am I am from australia, I'm 156cm and I currently weight 71.9 kg. there's a lot going on for me that week haha so I could definitely use the challenge to keep myself in order :) Goodluck everyone!!

So Glad you joined us Fresh! The challenge runs til end of October but you can weigh in whatever day you want just remember to post a weekly weight. You can also post a goal by that time if you want or not.:)

cleancowgirl
09-14-2013, 11:01 AM
No change for me this week. Not surprised because it has been an über stressful week and that makes my body hang onto the weight. Ah, well. Onwards and downwards!

Novus you will do better next week. No change is better than a gain especially on a stressful week.

cheeriloos
09-14-2013, 11:04 AM

9/14:229.0 (47 days/10.0lbs left)

cleancowgirl
09-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Weight down this week 2.6lbs to 232.6 but been same for two straight days so at least it is sticking.

cleancowgirl
09-14-2013, 11:09 AM

Cheeri You are doing just great.

CoolMom75
09-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Yesterday I did not get enough water and woke up today feeling puffy. Amazing how quickly that happens! I need to chug-a-lug today so my weigh-in day tomorrow isn't effected.

Welcome, Fresh!

SuperHeroTeacher
09-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Sw: 208.1
9/14: 206.8 +1.6
Gw: 193.1

CoolMom75
09-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Sw:196
Cw: 192.2 (down .8)

cheeriloos
09-15-2013, 10:20 AM

9/15:229.6 (46 days/ 10.6lbs left) awesome bellydance party so I ate!!!

Big Fat Rooster
09-15-2013, 10:27 AM
My weight this morning on the new scales I got in yesterday,

And I reweighed.

and a few more times for good measure

BFR

Teeni
09-15-2013, 10:24 PM
My weight this morning on the new scales I got in yesterday,

And I reweighed.

and a few more times for good measure

BFR

Sounds just like me everytime I weigh myself. Was giving myself headaches at first because I had two scales out. Twenty minutes of weighing and I still wasn't sure. lol Had to put one away.

patchworkpenguin
09-16-2013, 02:07 PM
We spent the past 3 days in a State park in Northwest TN. The weather was perfect for sitting or hiking during the day and sitting around a campfire by night.

Hubby had to fly out again this week for work. This is worse than when he was in the Navy!

BFR, at least its consistent!

cleancowgirl
09-17-2013, 03:25 PM
I will be posting the results tonight. I need weights from anyone who did not post. Anyone not posting 2 consecutive weeks I will be sending an pm tonight just to make sure you are still in the challenge. After a 3rd no show these wil be deleted from the roster.

mzshaunna
09-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Yay I lost 1.1kg :) I weigh in once a week every Wednesday - I hope that's okay :)

18.09.2013: 98.4kg

Lacielou: I'm sorry for the loss of your child and your father. Welcome to the challenge and good luck with your goals

Nous: I know I can't believe how quick the year is going, it will be Christmas before we know it. Congrats on your weightloss

SarainMN: Welcome to the challenge Sara :) I love to scrapbook as well, it's a nice way to keep memories and it helps me to distract myself when I am thinking about eating junkfood

patchworkpenguin: Glad to hear you are feeling better :)

cleancowgirl: 34.6 in total together wow we are all doing awesome :)

Hope everyone else is having a good week x

cheeriloos
09-17-2013, 07:44 PM

9/16:229.0 (45 days/10.0lbs left)
9/17:229.6 (44 days/10.6lbs left) idk why i gained Tom is almost over

Teeni
09-18-2013, 09:47 AM
As to be expected after such a large weight loss last week I got a small one this week. Which is just fine with me, I don't want to lose it too fast. I am terrified of extra skin, hoping if I take it slow and steady it will minimize the amount.
9/4: 251
9/11: 246
9/18: 245

cleancowgirl
09-18-2013, 01:39 PM
The biggest losers this week are:
cherriloos- 4.4
Jenn h with 2.9 lbs
mrs snark with 2.6
clean cowgirl 2.6
mzshaunna 2.42

We lost 17.72 lbs this week as a team who posted and over the last 2 weeks we lost 45.02. These are the members who have posted both weeks.

We are doing awesome! So keep doing what you are doing. Important to note even if you have a bad week post. It makes you accountable to yourself and when you quit posting you will find you going back to old habits.

A motivational quote I came across today that is good to remember.

"It is never too late to be the you that you intended to be"
George elliot

patchworkpenguin
09-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Weighed in this morning at 243.2.

down .2

I expected a greater loss than THAT!

oh well.

Mrs Snark
09-19-2013, 04:48 PM
PPenguin -- the body is such a mysterious (i.e. ANNOYING) thing, hang in there, you'll get a whooooosh down when you least expect it!

patchworkpenguin
09-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Maybe that's my problem...I keep expecting a whoosh!

Mrs Snark
09-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Friday is weigh-in day for me, down. 0.2 lbs.

9/13: 147.2
9/20: 147.0

SarainMN
09-20-2013, 09:43 AM
can I still join?
my name is Sara, I'm a mom of 3 and do foster care for 4 disabled adults (husband and I do it together) I live in MN and enjoy working out (yes-I actually do) and scrapbooking and watching my 2 older boys in sports
I also sell 31 Gifts as a side job
I started WW in March 2012 and lost 50 lbs but have been stuck at that 50 since Feb
by Halloween I hope to be at 175lb (at 186 right now)

it took me forever to find this!!!
9/18 was 184.4!!! woot

want to 179 by Oct 3rd

cheeriloos
09-20-2013, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=cheeriloos;4842455]GOAL under 200 by Christmas, under 220 by Halloween, started 8/6 @250.

9/18:229.2.(43 days/10.2lbs left)
9/19:228.8 (42 days/09.8lbs left)
9/20:2?

SarainMN
09-20-2013, 10:01 AM
you are doing awesome Cherriloos!!!

JeniH
09-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Well I've only lost 1 pound this week (CW 307.8). I'm hoping that is because I'm smack in the middle of TOM and retaining water.... Well at least I lost something, it was starting to look like I was going to be up this week.

toodles11
09-20-2013, 04:12 PM
9/20: 186 :devil::devil::devil:

These weekly weigh-ins are not good for my mental health!!!!!!

I felt so great this week. I can tell my clothes are fitting looser. I had a personal best on my running time. And then I get on the stupid scale and see a 1lb gain. I have been losing & gaining the same 2 freaking pounds for 3 weeks! Grrrrrr!!!! However, I did take my measurements this morning and since last month I've lost 1.25 inches on my ribcage/bra band area, 1 inch on my waist, and 1.125 inches on my hips. At least I can SEE those true measurements that I am getting smaller.

cleancowgirl
09-21-2013, 01:36 PM
I only lost a pound as well. I went up this week then down to 231.5. Just keep at it sometimes the body needs to reset it self especially after a big loss. Even if you have a gain the fact you are just pushing through is worth a big pat on the back!

SouthernBell02
09-22-2013, 07:00 AM
Hello everybody!! I cant believe its been two weeks since I have posted on this tread. Ooops! Ok so I started this challenge at

Sept 1 ~ 241.7
Sept 6 ~ 240.5
Sept 13~ 241.7 :(
Sept 20~ 238.6!!!

Thats 3.1 pounds since the start of this challenge only 18.6 pounds to go till 220! EEKK!!

CoolMom75
09-22-2013, 11:50 AM
CW: 192.2 (no change)

Big Fat Rooster
09-22-2013, 01:48 PM
My weight last week was 251.
This weigh in is 250.8

down 2/10 ?? oops
Not looking good

But I had a weird week this past week. On Monday, the day after weigh in I got very hyper starting about 9:am and it lasted almost all day. Super excess energy. And a tremendous thirst. And it was hot, which really bothered me. I drank water after water after water after water, all day long then on the way home and at home. Just could not satisfy my thirst for more than about 20 minutes at a time.

And I got hungry and ate way over my regular diet amount, and have been all week, but still under maintenence amount. My maintenance calories are supposed to be like 2900 and I have kept it under 1200 for a few months, but this past week I have had to eat about 1600 to not be hungry.

On Tuesday morning after weighing in Sunday for my weigh in of 251, my weight was 258 and a few oz. Picked up 7 lbs water weight and that has been all week coming back down. That hyperness only lasted that one day along with the insatiable thirst. I am going to mention this to my doctor next visit, or if it happens again I will make an appt to find out what gives.

All of you are sounding really great :) Keep it up!

Toodles, sounds like you have been building muscle, and trading fat for muscle is an excellent thing. You keep up that running and you will suddenly have a big fast weight loss and really tone up :) Lucky you, but ya earned it :D Exercise is the best thing all around for us.

B F R

cheeriloos
09-22-2013, 08:43 PM

9/20:228.8 (41 days/09.8lbs left)amazing bday party, food, dancing!
9/21:227.2 (40 days/08.2 lbs left)
9/22:226.0 (39 days/07.0 lbs left)

Teeni
09-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Just had to post that I am now in size 20pants. I started in July with 26/28. I love this losing weight thing. Can't wait to see how I do for the week come Wednesday.

cheeriloos
09-23-2013, 10:20 AM

9/23:225.8 (38 days/06.8 lbs left)

SarainMN
09-23-2013, 10:33 AM

Hello everybody!! I cant believe its been two weeks since I have posted on this tread. Ooops! Ok so I started this challenge at

Sept 1 ~ 241.7
Sept 6 ~ 240.5
Sept 13~ 241.7 :(
Sept 20~ 238.6!!!

Thats 3.1 pounds since the start of this challenge only 18.6 pounds to go till 220! EEKK!!

GREAT WORK

nlauah
09-23-2013, 12:55 PM
I think I am pretty late here.. I joined here recently and stumbled upon this thread only now. But still since I know wat I weighed at start of Septembe, I think I can join as well.. Hope you guys dont mind!!!

I am 5'5", age 27 and current weight around 189.

SW: 192
CW: 188.9
GW: 179 (around 7% is what I am looking for)

Close to another 10 lbs to go... Let me see if I can make it :D

I have an important occassion coming up early November and want to make it to around 176 by then.... Hopefully will remain on track...

I guess this thread will provide me loads of motivation!!!

cleancowgirl
09-23-2013, 03:53 PM
NLAUAH- We are so happy to have you with our group!

Everyone is doing Great work this week! Keep Pushing!

nlauah
09-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks Cleancowgirl!!! Congrats on your 48 lb loss...and hope we can together work towards our goals :)

cheeriloos
09-24-2013, 09:24 AM

9/24:224.6 (37 days/05.6 lbs left)

patchworkpenguin
09-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Hubby got home safely Friday, just in time for me to get a migraine on Sat. I slept most of the day and didn't feel great Sunday either. I cleaned house Monday and now my sinus are bothering me. Can't win.

Up a bit but since I've been sick and this is TOM week I'm not very surprised.

Hope you all are doing well.

cleancowgirl
09-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Our biggest loser this week is Cheeriloos with a loss of 3.2
Southern bell came in second with 1.9
sara is third with 1.6
We lost 8.4 lbs and as a whole team we loss overall 53.42 for the challenge

Everyone lost something who posted even if the scale did not say so just keeping up the momentum which can be tough. Lets make this week great!

Teeni
09-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Well yesterday I was at a 3lbs weight loss for the week, but woke up today at an ungodly hour (thank you baby boy) and found I gained back 2 lbs. It has been a super duper stressful two days with some major issues I had to clear up with the hubby so perhaps thats what it is. One day I did go a couple hundred over my limit because I had to have a stiff drink. I'm not even a drinker, but I needed something anything to unwind. As long as this trend of gain doesn't continue I am going to try not to feel too guilty about it.

CW:244

CoolMom75
09-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Today is my lowest weigh-in day (not what I use here) because it's after my fast days but had to laugh at how ridiculously close to the 180s but NOT quite there: 190.2. The last time I got to this point I stalled as well and then lost my resolve. Here I am again and things have been creeping for a few weeks. I need to buckle down and break through. Maybe it's sabotage. I need to get a nine weeks in booster shot. lol

cheeriloos
09-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Zoe! Focus!! You can dothis!

cleancowgirl
09-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Zoe you can do this. Don't psych yourself out of reaching your goals. Take one day at a time.

findyourpathak
09-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Count me in, I'm new!

CoolMom75
09-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Zoe you can do this. Don't psych yourself out of reaching your goals. Take one day at a time.

Thank you! Exactly! So many aspects of my life are better than last time: better sleep, less stress, etc. I know I'll push through this time. :D

CoolMom75
09-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Count me in, I'm new!

Welcome!

CoolMom75
09-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Zoe! Focus!! You can dothis!

Thank you! I love your daily countdown, by the way. It reminds me how long we have to get to our goals rather than continuing to think Halloween is long into the future.

cheeriloos
09-25-2013, 03:46 PM
You're welcome!

I forgot to post for today's ! Thanks for the reminder!:)

cheeriloos
09-25-2013, 03:48 PM

9/25:224.2(36 days/ 05.2 lbs left) getting impatient today, feels like im stalling again..

mzshaunna
09-27-2013, 12:14 AM
Welcome all the new people to the challenge and congrats to everyone on their weightloss so far :)

18.09.2013: 98.4kg
25.09.2013: 97.7kg

cheeriloos
09-27-2013, 09:45 AM

9/25:224.2 (36 days/05.2 lbs left) getting impatient today, feels like im stalling again..
9/26:225.4 (35 days/06.4 lbs left) binge-a-thon
9/27:226.2 (34 days/07.2 lbs left) yep, I did it again..back on plan today!!

cleancowgirl
09-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Cherri you are doing great. It will go away quick. Drink that water!
Welcome to all new members glad to have you here.

Teeni
09-28-2013, 01:27 PM
I am getting so depressed and frustrated it is killing me ( i swear I feel like it is) not to raid the fridge and go crazy. I would love nothing more right now than to stuff my face full of food. Oh if only I had a chocolate bar. My husband did something stupid and darn near unforgivable and my son is teething. Between the two of them I want to scream.

cheeriloos
09-28-2013, 02:01 PM

9/25:224.2 (36 days/05.2 lbs left) getting impatient today, feels like im stalling again..
9/28:227.0(33 days/08.0 lbs left) umm, what?? Ok I'm gonna just keep on truckin'

JeniH
09-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Ugh, the past 2 weeks is killing me. Between TOM last week and major stress this week my weight loss has slowed down.

CW 306.6, down 1.2 pounds...

SuperHeroTeacher
09-28-2013, 08:36 PM
9/28: 209.7 +2.9

mzshaunna
09-29-2013, 02:12 AM
Teeni: Sorry to hear how you are feeling :( binge eating is one of my problems and it's taking me quite some time to get over it. I'm still working on it and every now and then I too wish I had a chocolate bar or wanting more and more food. I can definately relate to how you are feeling, I hope you feel better soon

I weigh in again on Wednesday and also will be doing one month measurements so I am looking forward to hopefully seeing some good results

SouthernBell02
09-29-2013, 03:20 AM
Not to good of a week weight wise, up .5 pounds to 239.1. Ill keep at it though. Hope everyone else has a better week;)

CoolMom75
09-29-2013, 11:16 AM
CW: 191.4 (down .8)

Mrs Snark
09-29-2013, 03:25 PM
My Friday weigh in was 144.2. I've been really sick this week, though, so I think that my weight will bounce back up once I start actually keeping food down for a few days...

SW: 149.6
CW: 144.2

cleancowgirl
09-29-2013, 03:35 PM
My Friday weigh in was 144.2. I've been really sick this week, though, so I think that my weight will bounce back up once I start actually keeping food down for a few days...

CW: 144.2

So sorry you were sick. Feel Better. Thanks for posting.

cleancowgirl
09-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Weight this week 228.2 Loss of 3 lbs I think.

Big Fat Rooster
09-30-2013, 11:27 AM
My weigh in as of yesterday is 248

I will have to kick it in very high gear to make my challenge of 24, and at this point it looks un-doable. But I do not change my goal amount.

The rest of ya are doing fantastic, am very proud of ya all :)

Thanks for all the great support

B F R

CoolMom75
10-01-2013, 12:23 PM
I saw the elusive 180s this morning, just barely with a 189.4. It's going to be sad to still see it flucuate back up to the 190s but I'm still going strong OP. That's a 6 pound loss for September and 10 pounds to my first goal. It was awesome back in the day when I could actually lose 2 pounds per week. lol

mzshaunna
10-01-2013, 06:42 PM
I am feeling really blah this morning as from last week I have put on 600grams :(

I hope everyone is having a better week and congrats on the losses

patchworkpenguin
10-01-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm so behind, I just figured out it was October. These month changes seem to sneak up on me. I haven't spent much time online this past week. I got sick, then recovered then tried to spend time with Hubby before he left. So nothing exciting happening anyway. I'm working on Fall cleaning and knitting a sweater vest for myself. I did a little yard work on Saturday and made the muscles in my back mad again. I'm one of those people who don't get sore right away so I never know when I've overdone it. I really need to start lifting weights again. I said that the last time I hurt my back, but I really mean it this time, LOL. Yesterday, I got a workout DVD set in the mail that I pre-ordered months ago, so I'm excited to try those. Hopefully that will get me back to exercising.

244.2. Up a bit but last week was TOM.

alyssarof2012
10-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Challenge SW: 313 lbs
CW: 304 lbs
GW: 285 - 290 lbs

cleancowgirl
10-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Weight so far this week 226.2. I have officially lost 50lbs since starting in june. I'm hoping the weight holds out til official weighin on Saturday.

CoolMom75
10-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Weight so far this week 226.2. I have officially lost 50lbs since starting in june. I'm hoping the weight holds out til official weighin on Saturday.

Woohooooo! Congratulations on hitting the 50 mark!

patchworkpenguin
10-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Cowgirl, great job! :dance:

My back is doing much better, In order to baby my back I've been using my legs more {um, like I'm supposed too} so my quads are sore, too, now. Always something. :dizzy:

JeniH
10-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Have to log a day early since I'm heading out of town for a wedding (will probably do some serious damage to my diet this week, boo)

CW 304.6, down 2 pounds.

I'm so close to my Halloween goal (300) I can taste it! It's been a very stressful week (got a job, fought with my bf, got an apartment, decided to share said apartment with bf, etc) and all I've wanted to do was EAT! Hopefully I won't gain this next week...

CoolMom75
10-04-2013, 12:09 PM
I keep waking up and seeing the 180s on the scale: 188.8. So I think it's for real. Yay! I leave for 10 days of travel/vacation next week. I'm hoping all the walking and fresh Belize foods will keep me on track.

toodles11
10-04-2013, 05:01 PM
9/20: 186
10/4: 186

So...it's been 2 weeks since I posted last. :o Still at the same weight!!! At least I didn't gain, right?? I had a really hectic past 2 weeks with kids school activities, family birthdays, etc and I slacked off on my exercise.

My son is potty training & we have a little sticker chart for him that he gets really excited about so in the same frame of mind... today I started a little "sticker" chart for me to be accountable on my exercise. I have it on the wall of my bathroom so my husband will see it too. LOL I told myself when I get 50 stickers, I'll get myself a pedicure (something I do about twice a year).

What "tricks" have you all used successfully to keep you accountable to your exercise or eating plan?

patchworkpenguin
10-04-2013, 06:16 PM
I used to post on an exercise forum, so getting to post my exercise and talk about the workout was fun for me. My rule was 'no exercise no posting' so I had to exercise to communicate. Keeping a food/exercise journal helped too. Documentation was fun and motivating.

SouthernBell02
10-05-2013, 03:30 AM
I had a really good week this last week even with TOM showing up yesterday. Down 4.4 pounds! I now weigh 234.7! I wont make my goal of 220 by Halloween but I'm going to get as close as I possibly can. This last weigh in also makes it 60 pounds lost!! Hopefully the next ten pounds come off faster then the last 10;)

cleancowgirl
10-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Go amanda! Awesome progress.
I had a great week scale on a roll. Lost around 4 lbs down to 224.9

Mrs Snark
10-05-2013, 03:52 PM
My Friday weigh in was 146.4

CW: 146.4

It looks like it is going to be a slow journey to 139! :)

SuperHeroTeacher
10-06-2013, 02:01 AM
10/5: 215.8 +6.1

alyssarof2012
10-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Sw: 313
Cw: 301.8
Gw: 285-290

CoolMom75
10-06-2013, 01:01 PM
CW: 187.6 (down 3.8!)

Finally got a woosh! I will be gone for next weeks weigh-in, hoping I don't come back with a gain after vacation.

patchworkpenguin
10-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Weighed in today at 243.2 which isn't much of a change if not the same as the week before. sigh.

Hubby got home safely, if not a few hours late due to some last minute work and a flat tire. But its nice to have him back. He got some time off later this week, which will also be nice.

cleancowgirl
10-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Need weights for this week. We are in the final stretch just a couple more weeks to go(3)

Teeni
10-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Sorry I missed last week. My son got hurt, nothing to serious but enough to scare the crap out of me and feel like I was the worst mother in the world. He's all better now but it was a dark week or so. My weight spiked but I have been buckling down the past few days and am back on track. Gonna have to buckle down even more to reach goal it seems. I nearly gave up entirely on the diet, but for the first time managed to stop myself from being stupid.
PW:244
CW:242

Mrs Snark
10-09-2013, 10:38 AM
I'll be out of town on my weigh day (Friday), so I'll just go with this morning's weight for this week for the challenge.

CW: 145.2

cleancowgirl
10-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Okay the biggest losers for the week.
Southernbelle -4.3! Wow!
coolmom-3.8 Great Job!
clean cowgirl -3.3

Running totals- we lost 71.72 overall.

Okay guys we are in the final stretch 3 weeks left.

toodles11
10-11-2013, 10:33 AM
10/11: 181

I FINALLY got my woosh! I was sick for 2 days this week where I really didn't eat much so that woosh could've been from being slightly dehydrated but whatever, I'll take it!!!! Just keep keeping on... it will come!

cleancowgirl
10-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Great job toodles! My weigh in is tomorrow and really struggling this week. Seen a lot of up and down on the scale. I take whatever it says tomorrow.

JeniH
10-13-2013, 02:19 AM
I'm not logging this week as the scale this morning is reading a 4-5 lb gain and I know damn well I didn't eat thousands of extra calories this week (unless I'm eating in my sleep). So I'm refusing to log it and caulk it up to retaining water or something. I'll reassess next week (which is of course TOM so....come to think of it maybe next week might suck too).

SuperHeroTeacher
10-13-2013, 05:20 AM
10/5: 215.8 +6.1
10/12: 209.0 -6.8

patchworkpenguin
10-13-2013, 10:04 PM
We just got back from a RV weekend at Chickasaw SP near Bolivar, TN. It rained for a while during our trip which just added to the humidity, but overall we had a nice time. The leaves are just starting to change, which make our hikes though the woods and around the lake extra pretty.

cleancowgirl
10-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Weight at 224.0 this week. Down .9

cleancowgirl
10-15-2013, 06:40 PM
The Biggest losers this week is
Super hero teacher loss of 6.8
Toodles loss of 5 lbs
Mrs snark loss of 1.2

Congrats to all the losers.

We only got two weeks left. So let's put our best foot forward and toss those pounds to the curb!

Big Fat Rooster
10-15-2013, 09:22 PM
My weigh in this week is 246.8, up .8 from last week.

Notsogoodo

B F R

cheeriloos
10-16-2013, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE=cheeriloos;4850601]GOAL under 200 by Christmas, under 220 by Halloween, started 8/6 @250.

09/27:226.2 (34 days/07.2 lbs left) yep, I did it again..back on plan today!!
09/28:227.0(33 days/08.0 lbs left) umm, what?? Ok I'm gonna just keep on truckin'
10/16:227.2 (15 days/8.2lbs left)quit for 18 days..

Teeni
10-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Had a great week. Might just make goal yet.
PW:242
CW:237

cleancowgirl
10-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Glad to see you back TORI Sorry you quit for a while but glad you are back on track. Stay with us you can do this.

TEENI You will make it, you are almost there.

I was going to have a thanksgiving thread for who ever is willing. A 4 week challenge. I figure we can just start when this one stops. I will make a thread and either sign up or tell me if you are interested. Think about a goal when we get to our last week.

cleancowgirl
10-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Here's the link to the next challenge. Let me know if you are interested.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/288710-pass-stuffing-challenge-starts-oct-28-a.html

Mrs Snark
10-18-2013, 04:13 PM
I may need to change things up next month to keep the scale moving. I did add weight lifting and I just got back from a week of vacation, but I'd still have liked to make more progress in this challenge!

CW: 148.2

cleancowgirl
10-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Weight lifting initially will add some edema and swelling to your muscles but it is only temporary. Have you been doing measuresments too monthly? They are a great motivator with weight lifting. The inches seems fall faster than the pounds but you will look fantastic! Keep up the good work.

cleancowgirl
10-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Weight down to 220.2 this week, loss 3.8 lbs. I am almost at goal!

CoolMom75
10-20-2013, 10:25 AM
CW: 187 (down .6)

Not too bad after a 10 day vacation in the tropics. Although the food was healthy and fresh I ate way over my calorie budget and had a lot of drinks. We were more active with walking, hiking, biking and snorkeling. Back home and back on plan!

toodles11
10-20-2013, 06:26 PM
10/18: 181

Stayed the same this week. I'm okay with that.

Teeni
10-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Unfortunately, both my son and I got sick this week. I feel off the diet wagon , not terribly so, just couldn't exercise and I indulged in a couple cravings to lift my sick mood. I didn't gain any weight but I didn't lose any either. I suppose I had a big week last week too, so I would normally have gotten a low number anyway.

cleancowgirl
10-23-2013, 05:57 PM
That's okay teeni thanks for reporting in. This week coming up is our last week. New challenge starts Monday the 28th for thanks giving. It is only 4 weeks.

cheeriloos
10-24-2013, 10:18 AM

9/28:227.0(33 days/08.0 lbs left) umm, what?? Ok I'm gonna just keep on truckin'[/QUOTE]
Long break, got up to 231.4
10/24:223.2(07days/3.4 lbs left)

CoolMom75
10-24-2013, 03:01 PM
My carbs have been creeping up and my body swells immediately. Darn those carbs! Tonight I should have my mega salad prepped and chicken poached, ready for several days of lower carb eating. Yum yum!

toodles11
10-25-2013, 02:28 PM
10/18: 181
10/25: 180

Can't wait to leave the 180s!!!!!

JeniH
10-25-2013, 04:37 PM
So after a completely insane few weeks which included getting a job, fighting with my bf, getting an apartment, going on a mini beach vacation (aka pigged out) made up with bf and, just recently, bf losing his job I really didn't think I would make my goal by Halloween. I'd been up by 5 pounds 2 weeks ago then finally went back down to 304.6 last week. Well to my great surprise this week I've not only lost weight but I'm under my 300 pound goal!!!!!!

CW 299.4.......I'm in the two hundreds for the first time in probably 10 years. I literally screamed when I saw the scale. There may also have been dancing.

CoolMom75
10-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Congratulations, Jeni! You must be thrilled!

JeniH
10-26-2013, 02:43 AM
Thanks! I think for the first time I've also noticed that Im looking smaller. I can finally point stuff out and say ok my hips are definitely smaller and the ugly fat pockets (as I lovingly refer to them as) on the backs of my thighs are smoother!

cleancowgirl
10-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Great job jen! We are starting another challenge, starts Monday. "Pass the stuffing " challenge. Just for 30 days, get ready for Thanksgiving.

cleancowgirl
10-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Weight 220 . I made my goal. Lost over 17 lbs this challenge