Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #1  
SEXYBYTHESUMMERTIME

S/C/G: 271/244/170

Height: 5'6

Default lost income

My husband lost part of his income so now we can't do IP with a coach. Now we will have to go strickly alternatives... We picked up some EAS shakes now we need to find a good bar...or snack. What's a good cheap scale that work well? kinda sad ....Can't stop we have lost a total of 28pds..
speterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

The alternative threads are full of information on products you can get that are IP compatible but much less expensive - it is worth the time to read through them and get an idea of what's out there.

As far as a scale, I just got a basic digital model from Wal Mart. You just need something to keep track of your weight trends, nothing fancy.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #3  
SEXYBYTHESUMMERTIME

S/C/G: 271/244/170

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
The alternative threads are full of information on products you can get that are IP compatible but much less expensive - it is worth the time to read through them and get an idea of what's out there.

As far as a scale, I just got a basic digital model from Wal Mart. You just need something to keep track of your weight trends, nothing fancy.
THANKS
speterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Nothing to be sad about. the alternatives work great and have more variety.you will do fine,
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #5  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

I have access to some sophisticated scales, but what really mattered to me was the tape measure on my thigh. Even on the weeks where my weight was up, down, and all over, my thigh measurement showed a steady 1/4 inch loss every week. I use my thigh because my body likes that storage place the best, so I knew if I were loosing there I would be loosing everywhere else first. Also, thigh measurements don't tend to fluctuate with how recently or how much you've eaten, so it's more consistent. You might try picking one place to measure and check it every week. I didn't like measuring all over because it was just TMI and inconsistent in different places.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #6  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I'm really sorry about your lost income. That stinks. Alternatives do work great... ((hugs))...
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

I'm sorry about your loss of income. Keep coming back to this site for coaching + read through the alternative threads (as Scorbett suggested).

You can continue to get healthy during this time! I think it's cheaper to buy veggies and small amounts of lean protein (I stocked up on 3 months of IP and WF products when I re-started) compared to what we were spending eating out and buying more food.

Good luck-you can do it!!!
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

I'm with Scorbett! Read the alternative threads! That is precisely what I've done. Never been to a clinic and use all alternative products. I have found I prefer a sweet snack over savory. My favorite is the Proti-Thin Caramel Nut Bar (which I've been told is almost identical to IP). I also use the premier protein RTD's from costco or 1 scoop of GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme (in chocolate) for my meal replacements.
sahmmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #9  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Sorry about the loss of income. I started with IP products, but switched to alternatives quite early on as I wanted to avoid the higher costs. All but the first week of my weight loss was done on alternative products. I spent quite a bit of time comparing products, etc. and ended up putting together a blog that focuses on this. You may find it useful as you do this switchover. I'm in Canada, so some of my sources are more geared to Canadians. However, the info is still very applicable. The link is in my signature below.

Last edited by evepet; 02-01-2013 at 09:49 AM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

if you just need to pick up some bars until you order some alternatives, I use the Detour (low sugar) bars, which I can buy by the case at Sams Club, they are a better deal that way. also, Pure Protein can be found at Sams, Walmart, Target and Wegmans.

The online stores have sales all the time. Try Nashua Nutrition, Lindora, Diet Direct to get some ideas. Remember to go to the No aspartame section.

Good Luck, you will be saving alot of $$$
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's loss of income.

Using alternatives is great. I've done both IP and alternatives and prefer alternatives due to the variety plus love the savings.

You'll be fine! Read the Alternatives thread for great ideas!
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

So sorry for the income loss, we have gone through the same twice in the last 5 years. Agree with others, you will be able to find lots of alternatives. If it makes you feel any better, I broke down my cost of alternatives and discovered that my budget for using alternatives is about the same as my budget for food was (just for me), so for me there is no additional cost of being on IP with alternatives. That said, I do use the EAS coupons on coupons.com and pure protein coupons that I found on the front of many of the boxes at target, plus target's register keeps giving me new pure protein bar coupons. I also stock up on pure protein bars and EAS shakes when they are on sale. The online sites for other alternative often have discount codes to get a nice % off, so be sure and ask about codes before you order...someone always knows the current codes. Best of luck to you.
Nolawhodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/195.2/170

Height: 5'11

Order from Nashua Nutrition by midnight tonight and use the coupon codes for 10% off. the code is 3FATCHICKS

I used it earlier today. Good luck with your AP!
lookinfor170 is offline   Reply With Quote