Ideal Protein Diet - Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

View Full Version : Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #3
thread now has over 500 posts so time for a new one :)

IP43
01-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Choc/Fudge/Nut cookies

This is not what I'll do always but it was a really nice treat.
I mixed up 2 packs of the IP choc shake mix into cookies (2 egg whites/1/2 tsp baking powder and water to consistency). BUT I hadn't had my "bar" yet so I chopped it up and threw it in the batter. It was an "alternative bar" so had some bigger nut chunks than the caramel nut bar has.

Anyway, I enjoyed some pretty delish cookies yesterday and again today. The nuts/fudge/caramel added just a new texture and chewiness to the plain cookies. I figure if I split the 2 packs + 1 Restricted between 3-4 days it won't be so bad and I can have 2-3 cookies a snack.(made 9 cookies) Mmmmm....

WorldTraveleronIP
01-21-2013, 11:12 AM
I know this recipe has been posted many times before but it was the first time I tried it and I have to share my enthusiasm! Crispy cereal pancakes made with 2 egg whites, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 mini splash of almond extract, small sprinkles of nutmeg and cinnamon. Put all in my shaker bottle and added cold water as needed while I shook it to get a pancake batter consistency. I am so grateful I had the day off to play with packets today. I am so happy to have non-restricted pancakes!!!

For lunch, I am trying the tomato basil flat bread with my lettuce/veggies.

pr77
01-22-2013, 06:19 AM
sounds crazy......

spicy brown mustard + walden farms pancake syrup = delish!

tam67green
01-22-2013, 04:53 PM
sounds crazy......

spicy brown mustard + walden farms pancake syrup = delish!

Ooooh, next time I make chicken (which is about 4-5x/week) I'm going to try this! I LOVE honey mustard dipping sauce for chicken! Thanks!

staceyjblack
01-22-2013, 08:27 PM
I made this because I was craving the salad from Lebanese Taverna last night. It was so incredible I had to share. It makes a HUGE BOWL that probably has 10 or more cups. I stored it in a big pyrex bowl that has a silicone lid and took a container to have with my lunch today too. I'll prob have it again tomorrow...

3 Cucumbers chopped into bite size pieces
1 onion sliced
2 Green Peppers, cubed
2 Red Peppers, cubed
3 Med Tomatoes, cubed
1 TBSP Mint leaves, crushed
Black pepper
DRESSING:
3 TBSP Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 tsp salt
DIRECTIONS

1 Toss all veggies into a bowl with mint & pepper.
2 Crush garlic with salt and add to other dressing ingredients. Pour mixture over veggies and toss again.

thatgirl77
01-29-2013, 04:41 AM
Hello...new to 3FC but have been on Ideal Protein since June 2103....have lost nearly 50 lbs and 18-20 from goal.....Have been a member since July in the 3FC Southern Chicks group on FB...Anyway...some members were wanting a Pinterest Board created for Ideal Protein recipes....so I created a group board. Anyone can pin from the group board but you must be invited to upload any pins and/or recipes...as the board grows we will add other group boards for other things pertaining to Ideal Protein. Here is the link if you are interested in following or joining us ...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/ideal-protein-recipes-southern-chicks/

If this is not allowed on this site...please feel free to contact me via message and it can be removed..unsure what protocol is allowed on here! We have had a rec from Steve in Finland which was so sweet and many of his recipes are pinned on there...Also an awesome new tumblr account from Trang...notarealdiet.tumblr.com recipes are on there as well...You must have a Pinterest account to view or follow this board....Ideal Protein/Recipes/Southern Chicks....My username is marieroseb or Marie B..this group board is on my personal board...scroll down and you'll find it under the "I"'s ... Do NOT follow all of my boards...I have 216 ...lol...Good luck and Happy Pinning...we have over 300 new followers in three days...nearing 1700 total..sorry post so long..you can message me to be added or got to the ADD ME board on my Pinterest board and leave message for invite..I must have email address and/or Pinterest username to send an invite ....Thank you!:carrot::)

sandralosingweight
01-29-2013, 09:35 AM
I made this because I was craving the salad from Lebanese Taverna last night. It was so incredible I had to share. It makes a HUGE BOWL that probably has 10 or more cups. I stored it in a big pyrex bowl that has a silicone lid and took a container to have with my lunch today too. I'll prob have it again tomorrow...

3 Cucumbers chopped into bite size pieces
1 onion sliced
2 Green Peppers, cubed
2 Red Peppers, cubed
3 Med Tomatoes, cubed
1 TBSP Mint leaves, crushed
Black pepper
DRESSING:
3 TBSP Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 tsp salt
DIRECTIONS

1 Toss all veggies into a bowl with mint & pepper.
2 Crush garlic with salt and add to other dressing ingredients. Pour mixture over veggies and toss again.

Hi :)

I am of Lebanese origins and I grew up eating salads with this dressing, I mean we really did not have any other dressing for a salad other than this one, we never bought a dressing bottle from the store, we never had those back then and when we said salad, it meant this. Believe me it is delicious! Thanks for posting :)

thatgirl77
01-29-2013, 01:36 PM
well, apparently I am unable to send pm to anyone until i post ten more comments...Several of you have tried to message me and i am sorry ...I am unable to answer you at this time...I will post the link again for those who are having difficulty in finding the group IP board to join....I will need your Pinterest username to invite you but if you want to add any pins or reipes...you can follow and pin from this board etc without joining the group. Here is the link for the group board....the recipes had to be copied and pasted into comment sections due to the length of recipe...Pinterest ony allows 500 characters in description box. Also, you can double-click onto some of the images and it will take you to the recipe...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/ideal-protein-recipes-southern-chicks/ this is the link for the board......to go to my boards and find the group board there ...here is the link....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/ Do NOT click "follow all" unless you want to follow all 216 boards....just scroll down to the 26th board...its alphabetized and look for Ideal protein heading on board...and then click "follow' onto that board...Hope that helps...As for Pinterest help itself...there are great youtube tutorials now that demonstrate how to install the bookmak and "pin it' button and apps for all mobile devices too...trickier to install pin button on mobile devices...Sorry so long...will PM those that have messgaed mme when I can....Marie:):carrot:

stargirl66
01-29-2013, 02:20 PM
well, apparently I am unable to send pm to anyone until i post ten more comments...Several of you have tried to message me and i am sorry ...I am unable to answer you at this time...I will post the link again for those who are having difficulty in finding the group IP board to join....I will need your Pinterest username to invite you but if you want to add any pins or reipes...you can follow and pin from this board etc without joining the group. Here is the link for the group board....the recipes had to be copied and pasted into comment sections due to the length of recipe...Pinterest ony allows 500 characters in description box. Also, you can double-click onto some of the images and it will take you to the recipe...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/ideal-protein-recipes-southern-chicks/ this is the link for the board......to go to my boards and find the group board there ...here is the link....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/ Do NOT click "follow all" unless you want to follow all 216 boards....just scroll down to the 26th board...its alphabetized and look for Ideal protein heading on board...and then click "follow' onto that board...Hope that helps...As for Pinterest help itself...there are great youtube tutorials now that demonstrate how to install the bookmak and "pin it' button and apps for all mobile devices too...trickier to install pin button on mobile devices...Sorry so long...will PM those that have messgaed mme when I can....Marie:):carrot:

Fabulous board, thanks for sharing! I'm a follower :)

thatgirl77
01-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Fabulous board, thanks for sharing! I'm a follower :)

Fantastic Stargirl....Thank you for following.....Now if I can just figure out everything about 3 FC's site...:lol: Pinterest is a breeze compared to 3FC...Loving this site and the groups i joined.......:D:carrot:

staceyjblack
01-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Ingredients:
1 package of IP rotini
1 5oz can of white meat albacore tuna
1 cup of spinach
1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes (halved)
1/2 cup of white onion (diced)
1/4 cup of WF Caesar Dressing

Directions:
1. Make pasta according to package instructions and shock with cold water to stop cooking
2. Toss in veggies and coat with WF dressing.
3. Chill and enjoy!

Yields: 2 servings

*I also think I might add a few of the dill pickle zippers as a crunchy crouton topping. If you do this, do it as soon as you are ready to eat, don't store with them as they'll become soggy.

Dinie89
01-30-2013, 07:19 PM

I love pinterest =) i always looked for ip stuff I am now following you on there=)

clarksgirl
01-31-2013, 12:29 AM

Thanks!! Your awesome! Turns out I was already following you for the last week or so! Your board is great!

Lesley
01-31-2013, 02:36 PM
So....I generally have hated the crispy cereal...until...

I made as directed, added some splenda, cinnamon & a splash of vanilla rtd - tastes just like cinnamon toast crunch! uhm - yum!

scorbett1103
01-31-2013, 10:31 PM
I threw this together after getting some shrimp on sale and craving a "scampi" type dish. It was yummy! I ate mine over Zucchini noodles (use a julienne peeler to make noodles, saute in a little EVOO until tender) and the kids and hubby had theirs over Whole Wheat angel hair pasta.

GARLIC SHRIMP
3 servings
Ingredients:

14oz College Inn fat free, low sodium chicken broth (or homemade)
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 1/4 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined

In a skillet over medium high heat, combine broth, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, turmeric and paprika. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture reduces by about half.

Add shrimp, return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until shrimp is pink and cooked through (about 5 minutes).

Serve immediately over cooked zucchini noodles.

thatgirl77
01-31-2013, 10:35 PM
Thanks to all who are following the new Southern Chicks Pinterest IP Recipes board.....it means a lot that you all really like it.....here's the link for those who want to follow us....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/ideal-protein-recipes-southern-chicks/

Also...I am only 7 posts away from private messaging privileges..Then those who would like to share your recipes to the board as a contributor can message me with your username or email and I can add you to the board.....
Love this group and so many great recipes.....:D

IP43
01-31-2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks to all who are following the new Southern Chicks Pinterest IP Recipes board.....it means a lot that you all really like it.....here's the link for those who want to follow us....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/ideal-protein-recipes-southern-chicks/

Also...I am only 7 posts away from private messaging privileges..Then those who would like to share your recipes to the board as a contributor can message me with your username or email and I can add you to the board.....

Now you made me do it. I had to create a Pinterest account and join your group. Now I'll be totally hooked on THAT site too! I'll NEVER get anything productive done now! LOL
On the plus side, the recipes look DELISH and I can't wait to try some! thanks for sharing!

thatgirl77
02-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Now you made me do it. I had to create a Pinterest account and join your group. Now I'll be totally hooked on THAT site too! I'll NEVER get anything productive done now! LOL
On the plus side, the recipes look DELISH and I can't wait to try some! thanks for sharing!

IP43....BWAHAHAH.....sorry...yes, you will be hooked...LOL

I know...between FB groups, Pinterest, Blogging sites, 3FC boards etc etc.....how do we get any work down....I love Ideal Protein.....Thank you for following.....:carrot: :cp:

Danif
02-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi! I just started Ip again after a big move. I tried Jicima for the first time and fell in love. I eat it twice a day as a vegetable. I cut it like french fries squeeze a lime and sea salt on it...so delish. It is on the approved list but I am not losing as much each week as I did the first time I did this diet. So you think its the Jicima?? Does anyone know?

scorbett1103
02-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Hi! I just started Ip again after a big move. I tried Jicima for the first time and fell in love. I eat it twice a day as a vegetable. I cut it like french fries squeeze a lime and sea salt on it...so delish. It is on the approved list but I am not losing as much each week as I did the first time I did this diet. So you think its the Jicima?? Does anyone know?

The less you have to lose, the slower the weight comes off. Jicama should not be the issue, it's very low in carbs and calories. Make sure you are measuring everything, drinking all of your water, getting in all packets, supplements, salt and oil.

ladylunk
02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Egg Foo Young - Well what I threw in the pan and named it....

IP Herb Cheese Omlette
1 cup veggies - I used celery, mushrooms, red pepper, greeen onions, 1 small clove garlic, 1/2 tbls cilantro.
Splash of soy sauce

Hot Sweet Dip- WF Thousand Island with some sirachi hot sauce.

Sautee all veggies except green onion and cilantro to soften up in large frying pan, mix up omlette and add a splash of low sodium soy sauce. Pour over top of veggies. Sprinkle top with green onions and cilantro before it sets. This makes a nice big and thin pancake like omlete. I sprinkle in red chilli flakes. Use dip. It's good.

KitKat169
02-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Bump. The volume 3 thread is still being used but it could get closed soon as it is over 500 posts.

KitKat169
02-14-2013, 09:03 PM
My dinner tonight worked out really well.
Stuffed mini peppers

Ingredients:
Several mini sweet peppers, top cut off and then sliced in half (top to bottom). You need to determine how many you can fit into your 2 cups veg minus whatever veg you have in the stuffing.

Stuffing:
8 oz ground turkey (raw)
1/2 cup mushrooms
2-4 cloves of garlic to taste
sea salt
2-4 tbsp WF sundried tomato dressing
black pepper
Other spices as desired

Mix the stuffing ingredients together. Place it in the pepper halfs, pack in tight as you can and round across the top.

If desired, use roasted red pepper puree (roast and blend!) and pour a bit over each pepper. Also optional, add a few shreds of veggie cheese over top.

I assembled these the night before and after work, popped them into a 375 oven for 25 minutes.

DontGiveUp17
02-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Red Curry Soup
3 portobello mushrooms cut into strips (like pasta)
2 Zuchini cut into strips (like pasta)
1 bunch of green onions chopped or minced
½ head of bok choy
1 to 2 lb of shrimp
1 1/2 quart of Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock ( I did a mixture and you can add more or less depending on how much soupiness you want)
1 to 2 TB of Fish Sauce (optional)
2TB or more of Red Curry Paste
1 tsp of red pepper flakes
1 tsp dried Thyme
Garlic Salt to Taste
Onion Powder to Taste
Sea Salt
Pepper
1 TB Oil

Heat your oil in a pot and add 1TB or more of Red Curry paste. Once that melts together, add thyme, red pepper flakes, green onions, zucchini, and mushrooms. Also season at this point with garlic salt, onion powder, sea salt and pepper. Cook for just a few minutes until everything is heated and melted together.. the veggies will cook more in the broth. Then add the broth and bring to a simmer or boil. Once that heats up, add more Red Curry paste, start with 1TB.. stir, taste and then add more if needed. You can also add more at the end if you want. Also add Fish sauce and continue to season. Then add Shrimp and Bok Choy. Go ahead and boil for a few minutes and then turn off the heat and let it sit for 30 minutes or overnight. Be sure to taste it and add your seasonings according to your tastes. This makes about 4 to 6 servings!
Yum!

Msbehaving
02-15-2013, 08:54 PM
.....off to find a recipe for that tomato basil flatbread.....

IdealProteinNewbie
02-16-2013, 12:49 PM
"Reuben Sandwich"

Turkey, sauerkraut and WF Thousand Island between romaine lettuce leaves!

mrskuby
02-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Eggplant bacon...(Haven't tried it yet, I am marinating it now)

1 large eggplant, or, 3-4 Japanese eggplants
1 T sea salt
1 T WF syrup
2 T olive oil
2 T tamari
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 t chili powder
1 t paprika
1 t cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne

Thinly slice eggplant on a mandoline (or, using a horizontal peeler, see below) and cut into strips. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Place eggplant in marinade and let sit for a few hours, or even better, overnight.

Place eggplant strips on a teflex dehydrator sheet and dehydrate a for two hours at 105 degrees. Remove eggplant strips from teflex and place on mesh screen. Dehydrate till crispy.

I'll be back later to give my review! :cool:

learning to fly
02-17-2013, 04:39 PM
This is very simple, but one of my favourites for lettuce. I haven't tried it with any other vegetables though. Also, please forgive the lack of exact measurements.

Ingredients:
- A little water (1/2 cup or so, to cover the bottom of the pot)
- splash or two of vinegar
- 1 big clove of garlic, or 2 smaller, crushed
- about 1/2 tsp splenda or any sweetener
- about 1/4 tsp salt
- lettuce of any kind (whatever amount you like) Iceberg lends itself well to this, but they are all equally great

Directions:
Put everything except lettuce in a pot and on the stove, and heat it up, put lettuce in and turn around until it wilts a little (or until it wilts a lot, according to your taste) and take off the stove immediately when it looks the way you want it to and dump out into a bowl. It is good to eat warm or after it cools down, or the next day. Adjust ingredients according to taste.

I love the sweet & sour and garlicky taste of it!! Note: you are not supposed to boil it or make it really hot, just heat enough to make it softer - easier to eat that way, and to blend the tastes. Also note: it tastes wonderful with or without oil (I prefer it without oil).

thatgirl77
02-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Hi all...wow...some great recipes on here.....awesome...If anyone is interested a group of us which is a spin-off from 3FC has started a Pinterest Recipe and Motivation Board...We are on FB but many are members here in the 3FC community....So if you like Pinterest...and you know who you are....:) here's the link to follow us or message me to be a board contributor so you can add your awesome recipes...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/ideal-protein-recipes-southern-chicks/........We have over 800 new followers in two weeks...:carrot:Hope to see some new recipes...:) Thanks, Marie

KitKat169
02-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Rice (cauliflower) Pudding
1/2 packet of gelatin mixed with 1/4 cup water
1 packet IP vanilla pudding mixed with 6oz water
1 cup riced cauliflower, cooked
Splenda or stevia to taste (1-2 packets)
Cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla or other flavoring to taste

Mix all the ingredients together and let chill. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

KitKat169
02-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Dinner tonight: Zucchini noodles lighty sauteed then tossed with basil pesto. To make the pesto, I blended in my Magic Bullet a large handful of basil with about 1/4 cup olive oil (used over several meals), a few dried mushrooms to add some body, salt, a couple cloves of garlic. I didn't miss the pine nuts or parmesan cheese.

Mother of the Groom
02-19-2013, 11:59 PM
I had an awesome supper tonight and it was super easy and quick to prepare
Sweet chili lime chicken wrapped in romaine leaves.
2- 8 oz chicken breast cubed
2 tsps chili powder
Sauté over high heat in 2tsp. Evoo
When cooked through put in a bowl, sprinkle 1 tbsp of splenda over. Juice 2 mini limes over and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss together to coat and spoon into romaine leaves.

thatgirl77
02-20-2013, 04:28 AM
Dinner tonight: Zucchini noodles lighty sauteed then tossed with basil pesto. To make the pesto, I blended in my Magic Bullet a large handful of basil with about 1/4 cup olive oil (used over several meals), a few dried mushrooms to add some body, salt, a couple cloves of garlic. I didn't miss the pine nuts or parmesan cheese.

Okay.....this looks so yummy...i will and I must try....thanks for sharing....:carrot:

DJ72
02-20-2013, 04:32 AM
Ohhhh KitKat.... That pesto and zucchini sounds THE BEST. Gonna make tonight! Thanks!

Starshine
02-20-2013, 06:19 AM
Yes, KitKat! I was just thinking of pesto. I will have to go and get some basil. Thanks for the rice pudding also. :hug:

IdealProteinNewbie
02-23-2013, 11:10 PM
"Strawberries + Cream Milkshake"

Blend a Vanilla RTD with water, ice and WF Strawberry Syrup. Delicious!

WorldTraveleronIP
02-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Yesterday I mixed a vanilla pudding packet with a pina colada packet in a bowl, added 10 ounces of cold water + sugar free Torani coconut syrup + Walden Farms marshmallow dip (truly thickens the pudding nicely) and blended until creamy smooth with an immersion blender. I portioned it into 2 ramekins and refrigerated. It's quite tasty.

Today, I am going to try it with strawberry pudding and pina colada drink (I think that drink is called a Lava Flow in Hawaii). I imagine these could be thick drinks or puddings (depending upon your mood) that you control with the amount of water you add.

I also have the pineapple banana drink that I will add to the choc pudding and try and the peach mango drink that I will add to the vanilla pudding packet.

To those who don't like the drinks because they are gritty-this takes care of the grit. They are yummy smooth treats.

With all the snow and cold here in Denver, I am missing Hawaii or any place warm and tropical!

KitKat169
02-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Yesterday I mixed a vanilla pudding packet with a pina colada packet in a bowl, added 10 ounces of cold water + sugar free Torani coconut syrup + Walden Farms marshmallow dip (truly thickens the pudding nicely) and blended until creamy smooth with an immersion blender. I portioned it into 2 ramekins and refrigerated. It's quite tasty.

Today, I am going to try it with strawberry pudding and pina colada drink (I think that drink is called a Lava Flow in Hawaii). I imagine these could be thick drinks or puddings (depending upon your mood) that you control with the amount of water you add.

I also have the pineapple banana drink that I will add to the choc pudding and try and the peach mango drink that I will add to the vanilla pudding packet.

To those who don't like the drinks because they are gritty-this takes care of the grit. They are yummy smooth treats.

With all the snow and cold here in Denver, I am missing Hawaii or any place warm and tropical!

Those sound like yummy combos. I add the WF marshmallow dip to my raspberry jello, sometimes blending it in or sometimes in chunks. It makes it like a creamy jello mold.

Msbehaving
02-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Mushroom Soup

1 packet IP mushroom soup mix
1 cup celery and green onions (sliced or diced)
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp olive oil

Saute celery, garlic, mushrooms and green onion in olive oil until softened. Mix packet in shaker with 8 oz. water. Add soup to mushroom mix and simmer for 15 minutes.

scorbett1103
02-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Beanless Beef Chili
(serves 4)

2lb lean ground beef (at least 90/10)
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
2 cups diced green peppers
1 cup diced onion
2 14oz cans No added salt diced tomato (or one 28 oz can)
1 Tbsp tomato paste
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp oregano
½ Tbsp cumin
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce

In a large dutch oven or saucepot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and brown slightly, about 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until mostly browned, breaking up with a spatula occasionally.

Add peppers, onion, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, spices and worcestershire sauce, stir well until combined. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer covered for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Serve over cauliflower rice (or brown rice for Phase 4), or plain with a Tbsp of cheddar veggie shreds.

1 serving is appx 2 cups of chili, and would count for 8oz protein and 1 1/2 cups of veggie.

rubygirl05
03-01-2013, 12:15 AM
This is a great thread! I just picked up my first set of packets and was already wondering what can I do with them.

tam67green
03-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Chicken casserole

2 c. chopped veggies of your choice (I used peppers, mushrooms, zucchini and broccoli
5-8 oz chicken breast, cut into chunks
olive oil
apple cider vinegar
prepared mustard

Mix olive oil and vinegar, using 1:1 ratio. (I used 2 tsp of each.) Add mustard to taste (I used dijon mustard). Whisk all together until smooth. Place veggies and chicken into small baking dish, then add mustard sauce and stir to combine. Cook at 350 about 20-30 minutes, depending on how big your chunks of chicken are.
I love casseroles, and this satisfied my casserole craving.

workingit50
03-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Great recipes and ideas...thanks.

Irene87
03-03-2013, 07:07 PM
anyone have a good recipe for a vege soup????

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/slider-happy/lb/230/150/214/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

thatgirl77
03-13-2013, 03:00 AM
anyone have a good recipe for a vege soup????

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/slider-happy/lb/230/150/214/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

I found this online from Steven from Finland....Hope this helps....it is from 2011:carrot::carrot:

HEARTY SPOON-HUGGING SOUP:
If you have a hard time eating all your vegetables, or you just want a much bigger portion of your soup without watering it down, try adding roasted vegetables to your Ideal Protein soups and blending it up in a blender for a ridiculously thick and tasty meal.

1. Get a small bag of frozen brocolli and a small bag of frozen cauliflower and microwave until partially thawed. (will speed up cooking time in oven)

2. Place on baking sheet lined with baking paper.

3. Drizzle or spray with Olive Oil and spice to taste.

(I use Mild Jalepeno Tabasco, sea salt, & 5 pepper for the brocolli and use original tabasco, sea salt, and hot indian chili powder on the cauliflower)

4. Bake at 225 C (approx 425 F) until cooked. (about 10-15 min. Should be lightly toasted). Take out of oven.

5. Add 10 to 16 oz hot (not boiling) water to a blender.

6. Add in your choice of Ideal Protein soup (Chicken is my favourite. Leek and Musroom also go great with this.)

7. Blend (being careful that the water is not so hot that the steam will build up and burn you!) Turn off blender.

8. Add in your vegetables and smash down so they will blend. Blend until creamy. (If it gets "stuck", turn off and smash down again.)

If too thick, add more hot water until the right consistency.

9. I usually microwave the final soup for about 45 seconds to get it piping hot if needed.

I like my soup very thick like pea soup. This makes at least two big bowlfuls and microwaves beautifully if you want to put in a container to take to work... super easy to take with and is hearty enough to not slurp down in 2 minutes. :-)

I usually make 2 batches at the same time. One to eat immediately and one for lunch the next day. I just use bigger bags of vegetables. If making a double batch, you can mix 2 different kinds of soups, but I recommend making each separately, then mixing together so as not to overwork your blender.

scorbett1103
03-13-2013, 11:00 AM
FinnSteve has a whole thread of recipes, it's linked in the Newbie sticky thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland.html

lisa32989
03-29-2013, 07:38 AM
Somebody asked me to post my chili recipe.
The one here I saw had Worcestershire sauce, which isn't p1 friendly

Here is my P1 chili (4 servings)

2 lb lean ground beef ( or use half beef/half chicken or turkey)
1.5 c chopped Green peppers
1.5 c chopped Celery
1.5 c chopped Leeks
2 14oz cans Diced tomatoes for chili (read ingredients. No added sugar. If you can't find one, use plain tomatoes and buy 2 cans diced chili peppers)
Spices to taste: garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper

I serve mine over a bed of lettuce (think taco salad) or over cauliflower rice

aliboo723
03-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks Lisa! I am going to try this recipe this week!:hug:

KitKat169
03-31-2013, 12:13 AM
Ok, I used to hate liver when my mom tried to make it, couldn't even be in the house with it. But I've been reading paleo cookbooks in anticipation of maintenance and found some interesting information about liver so I decided to take the plunge and try it. I found this a pretty good recipe that I would try again. However I will say that I altered the portions to include 8oz liver and just enough of the veg to fit my meal portion. I think the liver was a bit rich for me so next time less liver per meal.

Note: if you aren't yet sold on liver but like staying on a budget, I bought 1lb liver for $2.07. Can't get much cheaper than that!

GARLIC CHICKEN LIVERS WITH PEPPERS AND KALE
12oz (340 g) chicken liver
2 tsp olive or grapeseed oil
1 onion, sliced
3 thinly sliced clove of garlic
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
1 large sweet red pepper, diced
1 cup chicken stock
¼ tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp coconut or apple cider vinegar
2 cups fresh kale, chopped

Rinse chicken livers and pat dry; remove any fat and connective tissue. Cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. In large skillet, heat 1 tsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry livers until browned and still slightly pink inside, about 4 minutes. Remove to plate; keep warm.

Add remaining oil to pan; fry onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 4 minutes. Add red pepper; cook for 2 minutes.

Whisk together stock, xanthan gum and vinegar; add to pan and bring to boil, add the kale. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Return livers to pan; heat through.

lisa32989
03-31-2013, 09:04 AM
Jicama Salad with Cilantro and Lime
(Ideal Protein AZ) IP
2 pounds jicama, peeled and julienned
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup lime juice
Shake of Chile Powder to taste

Combine the julienned jicama, chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice and toss to coat. Shake on chile powder. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

lisa32989
04-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Here's my recipe for zucchini/IP packet muffins (again)

1 IP packet (I use lemon/banana pudding, wild berry yogurt, maple oatmeal or potato puree, for potato rolls)
USE packet DRY

1 egg white (I use from the carton)
pinch salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c (from raw) shredded zucchini, lightly sauteed in 1 tsp oil & cooled

Whip egg whites with salt until frothy but not peaked
stir in remaining ingredients
Let sit 10 minutes for baking powder to activate
Spray non stick muffin tin before filling 3 regular sized muffins. Do NOT use papers!
Bake 350 approx 20 mins (baking time may vary depending on oven)
They will fall a bit upon cooling.

I usually make 4 batches at once, to fill a one dozen muffin pan.

Makes a great breakfast, lunch (esp potato rolls) or snack AND includes 1 c veggies!

KitKat169
04-07-2013, 09:56 PM
TOD MAN PLA (THAI FISH CAKES)
Ingredients
1 1/2 lb (681g) firm, fresh, raw, white fish (cod, halibut, sole, shrimp, scallop, lobster, etc.)
3 each (99g) egg whites
1 tbsp (6g) fresh ginger, minced
4 each (12g) garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp (15g) red curry paste
1/4 cup (72g) fish sauce
10 each (10g) fresh kaffir lime leaves, cut into very thin strips (lime zest is an acceptable substitute)
1/2 lb (227g) green string beans, ends and string removed, cut into thin little discs
1 small (74g) red bell pepper, seeded and cut into small dice
2 tbsp (28g) light oil (for sautéing ... such as coconut, olive or ghee)
salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste

Method:
1. In a food processor, place your fresh fish, egg whites, ginger, garlic, curry paste and fish sauce. Puree the mixture into it is a smooth frothy paste. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
2. Fold in your lime leaf strips, green bean discs and red bell pepper dice. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
3. Heat a skillet or large sauté pan over medium heat and add your oil. These are often deep fried, but I opted to cook them like pancakes (less mess, less need to use a lot of fat/oil, for the purposes of frying). You can do it in any manner you see fit.
4. Add your oil to the pan. When the oil ripples, place little plops of paste into the oil (I tend to use a small ice cream scooper for this). Press down a bit, to flatten them out. They'll cook more quickly and evenly.
5. When one side is nice and golden brown, flip them to cook the other side.
6. When they are cooked through, serve!

Note: This is delicious served with some thin slices of cucumber and chilies, tossed with some fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and a bit of sweetener.

putenpie
04-10-2013, 04:21 AM

1 IP packet (I use lemon/banana pudding, wild berry yogurt, maple oatmeal or potato puree, for potato rolls)

pinch salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c (from raw) shredded zucchini, lightly sauteed in 1 tsp oil

Spray non stick muffin tin before filling 3 regular sized muffins. Do NOT use papers!

Makes a great breakfast, lunch (esp potato rolls) or snack AND includes 1 c veggies!

Thanks Lisa for this recipe.
I made this using the lemon pudding and the banana pudding for breakfast they awesome warm and cold with breakfast . They keep well in the fridge

randygrl
04-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #3
thread now has over 500 posts so time for a new one :)

Rainbow, I have been looking through all your incredible recipes and have a few questions for you.
How do you exactly make your kale chips? Do you bake them as big leaves or cut them small to measure in a measuring cup? Same with your zuchinni chips. I saw a medium zuchinni cut in slices and baked but I was unclear if you had measured it out to find out how many cups your chips had made.

A few of your recipes you refer to an IP crepe packet. Is that the same as the pancake one?

Where did you buy your gourmet garden tubes?

Thank you for the help. I think you are pretty awesome and your journey has so inspired me. :hug:

snickers70
04-17-2013, 11:42 AM
I tried to make the crispy cereal pancake this morning.. but it stuck to the pan...? Any suggestions as to how to not stick?
Thanks

Ruti
04-18-2013, 10:13 AM

I know this is old, but I'm curious...KitKat, if you see this, do you hydrate the dried mushrooms first? I'm intrigued.

animallover
04-18-2013, 10:56 AM
I tried to make the crispy cereal pancake this morning.. but it stuck to the pan...? Any suggestions as to how to not stick?
Thanks

I make the crispy cereal pancakes almost every morning! I cook them in a little bit of coconut oil and never have a problem with them sticking.

KitKat169
04-18-2013, 11:33 AM
I know this is old, but I'm curious...KitKat, if you see this, do you hydrate the dried mushrooms first? I'm intrigued.

In this case I pulverized the dried mushrooms into a powder so they acted as a thickener and for flavour rather than being recognizable. If i wanted them to look like mushrooms, I would rehydrate with a bit of hot water first. Use the left over water in the recipe because there is a lot of flavour there too.

IdealProteinNewbie
04-21-2013, 04:36 PM
BBQ Kale Chips

The most delicious batch I've ever made!

Line a cookie sheet with foil, spread small pieces of kale, mist with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, stevia, paprika and chili powder. Bake at 300* for 15 minutes.

This rub also makes for amazing BBQ chicken!

4Mom
04-22-2013, 03:29 PM

pinch salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c (from raw) shredded zucchini, lightly sauteed in 1 tsp oil

Thank you Lisa Potato Rolls my new favorite!!! Yum

Ruti
04-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Hi,

I had to share my new discovery! I've been obsessing over trying to find a suitable, very low fat salad dressing and I hit upon something so good, I would eat it if I wasn't dieting!

I used 1/2 a carton of mori-nu silken tofu (they didn't have light at the store I was at, that would decrease the fat even further), a handful of fresh basil and cilantro, a garlic clove, half a green onion, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon or so of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, then pureed with an immersion blender (one could use a magic bullet, blender etc...wouldn't recommend a food processor though)

basically this creates a luscious creamy sauce that can be further thinned with water or more acid or used as a dipping sauce, or as a pesto aioli...I made delicious coleslaw with it, and as a mayo type spread for mini turkey sandwiches with the potato rolls!

I am really excited about it! It's all tofu and veg so you can subtract a fraction of an ounce from your protein allotment for the day rather than your use up your precious oil!

IdealProteinNewbie
04-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Vanilla Cookies

Combine Vanilla Drink mix, 2 oz water, 1 egg white and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder until smooth. Drop onto a cookie sheet lined with foil, bake 8 min, flip and bake 5 more minutes at 350*.

I got 8 cookies out of the packet!

They taste very similar to pancakes so I dip them in a little Walden Farms Pancake Syrup.

randygrl
05-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Somebody asked me to post my chili recipe.
The one here I saw had Worcestershire sauce, which isn't p1 friendly

Here is my P1 chili (4 servings)

2 lb lean ground beef ( or use half beef/half chicken or turkey)
1.5 c chopped Green peppers
1.5 c chopped Celery
1.5 c chopped Leeks
2 14oz cans Diced tomatoes for chili (read ingredients. No added sugar. If you can't find one, use plain tomatoes and buy 2 cans diced chili peppers)
Spices to taste: garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper

I serve mine over a bed of lettuce (think taco salad) or over cauliflower rice

When you make this, how do you measure out a serving? I want to make this for a family dinner this weekend and want to be sure that I do not overdo it. My coach said that canned diced tomatoes are fine as long as they are just tomatoes and water.

lisa32989
05-15-2013, 07:05 PM
When you make this, how do you measure out a serving? I want to make this for a family dinner this weekend and want to be sure that I do not overdo it. My coach said that canned diced tomatoes are fine as long as they are just tomatoes and water.

I measured how much it made & 1 serving was 1/4 of the total.

dak1lls
05-15-2013, 10:42 PM
I am day 3 on IP and these recipes are so appreciated. Unfortunately, my clinic only sells whole boxes of food so it will take me some time to accumulate the ngredients. At least knowing i can do this long term helps my frame of mind. I am down 5 lbs today! So excited!

tsalters
05-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Thanks - I loved eating these in Thialand ! Never thought to make them on my own! Yumm

A1Texan
05-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Bump for the newbie's

hlfoster9290
06-11-2013, 02:49 AM
pSoooo.... i have combined package of unflavored gelatin with 2 cups of my powerade zero drink and VOILA! I have 0/0/0 jello snack...with 7 grams of protein plus a little potassium. I know it's not a great source of calories but it sure comes in handy during one of my snacking fits! Im so glad I experimented with this idea. It's my new favorite sweet tooth treat! even better that it's guilt free!

DDNY
06-11-2013, 08:07 PM
IP Lasagna or Eggplant Parmesan

I made this recipe up tonight and it was a big hit. For lasagna use zucchini, for eggplant parm use eggplant.

Layer in an 8x8 pan which you've sprayed with cooking spray:

Thawed frozen grilled zucchini or eggplant

Meat Mixture:

Soften 1 small onion, chopped and 2 cloves of garlic, minced in 2 TBSP olive oil. Stir in 1 TBSP Italian Seasoning (adjust to taste), Salt, Pepper. Add 1 lb. lean ground beef and cook until meat is browned.

In shaker make up 1 packet of Tomato Basil Soup - I used 4 ounces of water so it was a little thick but that wasn't enough, so 5 or 6 ounces might work better.

Stir the tomato soup into the meat. Add 1 to 2 cups of chopped kale or spinach and cook down, stirring occasionally until the kale is soft. Pour 1/2 on top of the zucchini/eggplant.

Place another layer of vegetables on top of the meat. Then add the rest of the meat.

Top with 1 package of the IP Crepe mix, made with about 5 ounces of water. This is the secret ingredient as it acts like a noodle and looks like cheese when it bakes!

Bake for 30 minutes @ 350.

Skinnyjeangirl
06-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Meatloaf-Stuffed-Peppers
1 pound lean ground beef
4 stalks celery, finely diced
1/4 of an onion (Phase 4 only)
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon of salt
dash of pepper
2 large bell peppers
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375˚
Crumble the ground beef into a mixing bowl, combine finely diced celery and diced onion (Phase 4 only) into the mixing bowl add the salt and pepper and eggs and mix all together don’t mash it tightly though just mix, set aside
Split the peppers from top to bottom making 4 halves
Divide the meat mixture between the 4 halves
Place in a baking dish and cover with foil bake for 45 minutes at 375˚
Uncover the last ten minutes so the tops will brown up

I like red pepper ... green taste funny to me!:dancer:

Joan E
07-10-2013, 01:30 PM
I don't understand how to get to post on this site..help

scarlettx
07-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi All,

I did search around to see if I could find the answer to my question, but I just couldn't find it. I remember seeing someone post the difference in carbs between using lemon juice and lime juice, but I couldn't find it. I think the consensus was that lemon juice was best, but that lime was a close second. I'm wondering how bad a small amount of fresh squeezed orange juice is when used in a marinade.

I made an absolutely fantastic version of Cuban mojo marinated pork loin roast. The original recipe called for a lot of orange juice, and then a little lemon juice. I switched it around and used 1/4c orange juice, approx. 1/2c lemon juice, 1/4c lime juice, and 1/4c olive oil. Then I made a paste of minced garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper, poked holes all over the roast and smeared this mixture in all the holes. Then the roast marinated in the juice mixture overnight. To cook the next day, I took the roast out of the marinade, dried it off, seared on all sides, then placed in a roasting pan on top of some thick cut onions, and poured the marinade in the roasting pan. I put the onions in this way because I wanted the flavor of the onion, but I knew I couldn't eat cooked onions, and the recipe called for sliced onions to be added to the marinade in the roasting pan. After the roast was done, the recipe called for reducing the pan juices by half and using this as a sauce.

My roast was 3.1lbs, so I decided this was going to be 8 servings. So in all total, each serving would receive approx. 2 tablespoons of the marinade, or when reduced by half, 1 tablespoon of sauce. Each serving would have just a small amount of orange juice. Was this a major cheat? If so, I won't do it in the future, but damn this was delicious!

MagnoliaBlssom
07-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Bump

MagnoliaBlssom
07-20-2013, 07:34 PM
I started off to make Rainbows jicama chips but got sidetracked by half a rutabaga in the frig. Followed that recipe but did not use the sweetener since rutabagas are so naturally sweet.

Original recipe is on Mixin in the Kitchen II, page 17, post 242.

Georgia

HeatherRedstick
07-22-2013, 04:04 PM
I made turnip fries yesterday and they were very good! Need to get a few more seasoning but so simple and easy

undrwelmd
07-24-2013, 01:38 PM
I did a search for buffalo chicken dip, to see if there was already a recipe posted somewhere using the IP chicken patty packet. I didn't find anything, so I created one today using Frank's Hot Wing Buffalo Sauce, WF Blue Cheese Dressing, a little bit of garlic powder and sea salt, and a splash of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. Heated in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, til bubbly. Served with celery sticks, it's pretty good!

Sorry my measurements aren't specific; I tend to just eyeball when I cook.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/undrwelmd/image.jpeg

jojobananas
07-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Im new here and not sure if this recipe has already been posted but if you love icing as much as I do then this is for you! Just take a vanilla pudding packet and whisk it with 5oz of ice cold water(whisk do not shake it is creamier this way) then add a stevia packet(optional) and a few sprinkles of cinnamon and you have cinnamon vanilla icing! its so delicious and sweet, especially for those times I dont necessarily want chocolate but just something that tastes sugary. Hope you enjoy! thanks to everyone who has been posting all these wonderful recipes! :carrot:

Skinnyjeangirl
07-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Maple Oatmeal Biscuits

Try making these delicious warm treats by adding an egg white to 2 packets of the Ideal Protein maple oatmeal mix, then slowly mixing in 1 to 2 oz. of water until mixture thins a bit. Spoon onto a non-stick sheet and bake at 400 F until golden brown (about 10 min). Yum! Makes 2 servings of restricted I.P. food.

Enjoy with Walden Farms Strawberry Spread

For more recipe ideas visit wellnesschoice.com/weightloss

yum!

HeatherRedstick
07-26-2013, 12:14 PM
I made cauliflower rice last night and it was amazing!!

Art3mis
07-27-2013, 09:29 PM
bump for laurie

jojobananas
07-27-2013, 11:43 PM
has anyone ever tried making the ice-cream (the recipe when you use the ice cube trays) with the chocolate pudding?

DrPurple
08-05-2013, 10:35 PM
I just tried my Chocolate pudding made w room temp Wild Orange Tazo Tea. I brewed the tea in 7 oz. water. Let it cool to room temp. The whisked together with IP Chocolate pudding packet in small bowl w lid. Then I placed it in freezer for about an hour. Yummy! However I would let the tea brew longer. At least 10-15 minutes to get a stronger orange flavor.

I can do anything
08-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi :)

I am of Lebanese origins and I grew up eating salads with this dressing, I mean we really did not have any other dressing for a salad other than this one, we never bought a dressing bottle from the store, we never had those back then and when we said salad, it meant this. Believe me it is delicious! Thanks for posting :)

I am 1/2 Lebanese and this is exactly what I grew up on too. We add Sumac to the salad dressing for an extra kick, it is really hard to find though and my mom gets it at a speciality store, but it is worth the hunt.

missintuitive
08-10-2013, 08:53 PM
CHILI MAC-Phase 1

I made this today for dinner and it was YUMMY! It wasn't thick bc we can't use thickeners but it was hearty and great and will probably be an even better winter recipe.

1 package sliced mushrooms or baby Bella mushrooms
1/2 green onion diced(can be more depending on your taste)
1 lb lean ground turkey, beef, or chicken
1 package tofu macaroni (House foods Tofu Shirataki-20 cal/one net carb-2 servings for the whole package)
2 cups diced tomatoes or one can undrained diced tomatoes (make sure no added sugar)
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp season salt
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tsp red crushed pepper
1 tbsp hot sauce
1-2 packets stevia (optional)

1. Spray a non-stick pan with Pam and add mushrooms and salt. Cook until almost soft and add diced green pepper. Cook until peppers are crisp tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Brown ground meat. Add seasoned salt. While meat is browsing, open and rinse tofu noodles in a strainer.
3. Cook meat until just done. Drain and stir in mushroom pepper mixture.
4. Stir in tomatoes, crushed red pepper, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and hot sauce to taste.
5. Stir in Tofu noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let summer for 10-15 minutes.
6. Taste and if too hot stir in stevia.

You can also stir in onions after cooking.

Makes 4 servings.

FrostyBobber
08-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Added a little bit of almond extract to my IP choc pudding last night for my 'snack'... it was a nice change.. just don't add too much! Almond extract gets a little strong...

Oh... just a thought... is it considered a 'nut' if its extract? (Maybe should have asked myself that last night...)

JLUS
08-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Added a little bit of almond extract to my IP choc pudding last night for my 'snack'... it was a nice change.. just don't add too much! Almond extract gets a little strong...

Oh... just a thought... is it considered a 'nut' if its extract? (Maybe should have asked myself that last night...)

NOT considered a nut so you are safe!! Nuts are high fat, extracts are not!

FrostyBobber
08-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks!! Whew!

lisa32989
08-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Reposting to make it easier to find
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2849/10194631806_727978270b_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/10194631806/)
1 IP packet. Dry. Unprepared. You can use potato puree, oatmeal (protithin has unrestricted), or puddings such as banana, lemon, or chocolate.

1-2 egg whites (I use 1 - from the carton so I don't waste yolks). Whipped until frothy but not until peaked.

.5 tsp baking powder

1 c shredded raw zucchini, then either sauteed or microwaved for 5 minutes. It reduces and you'll have to drain it (and cool it so it doesn't cook the egg whites)

Seasonings as preferred (depending on flavor. Vanilla is good in oatmeal, so is pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. Garlic & pepper is good in potato rolls. A few poppy seeds add a nice boost to lemon)

Spray nonstick muffin tin. Do not use papers. Protein STICKS!
Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes. Watch them carefully. Every oven is different. Mine is different depending WHERE in the oven!

1 packet makes 3 muffins for me. And yes, they fall a bit.

I usually make a dozen (4 servings) at once (pictured)

This recipe can omit the zucchini. The texture is very different.

ETA: I have been making this with four potato purée packets and putting the batter in a 9 x 9 square pan. One-fourth of the pan makes a nice piece of focaccia-type sandwich bread to slice open and then fill with veggies and either cauliflower hummus or mockamole as the spread (4 packets = 4 servings...lunch for most of the week!)

jessrm
08-13-2013, 11:03 AM
I did a search for buffalo chicken dip, to see if there was already a recipe posted somewhere using the IP chicken patty packet. I didn't find anything, so I created one today using Frank's Hot Wing Buffalo Sauce, WF Blue Cheese Dressing, a little bit of garlic powder and sea salt, and a splash of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. Heated in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, til bubbly. Served with celery sticks, it's pretty good!

Sorry my measurements aren't specific; I tend to just eyeball when I cook.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/undrwelmd/image.jpeg

I made this last night to have with chicken and a salad and it was amazing. Thanks for posting. It may become a staple!

Art3mis
08-14-2013, 02:52 AM
This is a repost from another thread, thanks to the original poster-->
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4440079-post5.html

Baked Jicama Dessert:
2 cups jicama -- very thinly sliced
2 packets Sweetener
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
WF Caramel Sauce or Davinci Caramel Syrup

Preheat oven to 350.
1. Spray a small (8 or 9") pie pan liberally with cookng spray.
2. Arrange 1/2 of the jicama slices in the bottom of the pie tin.
3. Sprinkle 1 packet Sweetener and 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon and 1/4 tsp Apple Pie Spice, drizzle with Caramel Sauce/Syrup. Repeat the layering.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
6. Serve warm with IP ice cream! (i dont have a recipe for that sorry)

Baked Jicama Fries:

Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
1. Cut jicama into 1/4″ thick lengthwise slices, then cut again into 1/4″ sticks to resemble fries. Try to keep them sliced as evenly as possible for even baking.
2. Toss sticks with evoo.
3. Mix together with spices in a ziploc baggie, toss in jicama, seal bag and give it several good shakes to evenly coat the fries.
4. Place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spaced apart so they are not touching each other.
5. Bake for 15mins. Remove from oven, toss/flip fries, return to oven for another 10mins or until baked to a nice golden brown color.

Art3mis
08-19-2013, 07:18 PM
bumping so it doesnt get lost :D

lisa32989
08-19-2013, 08:45 PM
bumping so it doesnt get lost :D

It shouldn't get lost. There's a link in the first post of the daily EVERYDAY (for people who see it, anyway)

scarlettx
08-19-2013, 11:39 PM
I've been using a tiny bit of guar gum as a thickener... So far happy with the results...

CHILI MAC-Phase 1

I made this today for dinner and it was YUMMY! It wasn't thick bc we can't use thickeners but it was hearty and great and will probably be an even better winter recipe.

1 package sliced mushrooms or baby Bella mushrooms
1/2 green onion diced(can be more depending on your taste)
1 lb lean ground turkey, beef, or chicken
1 package tofu macaroni (House foods Tofu Shirataki-20 cal/one net carb-2 servings for the whole package)
2 cups diced tomatoes or one can undrained diced tomatoes (make sure no added sugar)
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp season salt
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tsp red crushed pepper
1 tbsp hot sauce
1-2 packets stevia (optional)

1. Spray a non-stick pan with Pam and add mushrooms and salt. Cook until almost soft and add diced green pepper. Cook until peppers are crisp tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Brown ground meat. Add seasoned salt. While meat is browsing, open and rinse tofu noodles in a strainer.
3. Cook meat until just done. Drain and stir in mushroom pepper mixture.
4. Stir in tomatoes, crushed red pepper, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and hot sauce to taste.
5. Stir in Tofu noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let summer for 10-15 minutes.
6. Taste and if too hot stir in stevia.

You can also stir in onions after cooking.

Makes 4 servings.

berteau
08-20-2013, 01:50 AM
I made this rub and used foil to cook the salmon and veggies. So good!

4 oz salmon filet (can be doubled)
1 tbsp rub, or to taste
1 1/2 C. sliced zucchini**
1/2 C. sliced radishes**
1 tsp olive oil
Lemon (to taste)
Pepper

**You can use whatever IP veggies you like.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Cut the skin off the salmon.
Cut a square of foil big enough for the veggies and the fish
Layer the veggies on the bottom of the foil. Pepper the veggies.
Put the fish on top & sprinkle with the rub. Sprinkle the oil over the fish and veggies.
Fold the sides of the foil over the fish and veggies, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
Place the foil packet on a heavy large baking sheet. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, about 25 minutes. Enjoy!

RUB RECIPE:
2 Tbsp salt (I use a little less)
2 Tbsp paprika
1 1/2 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Save in a sealed container. This is also really good on pork tenderloin and chicken.

I can do anything
08-20-2013, 10:16 AM
The other night I made a yummy ratatouille with spicy chicken sausage. (phase 1 friendly with the once in a while veggies)

EVOO
2 Tablespoons garlic (the recipe called for onion so I added more garlic)
2 C diced eggplant, skin on
1 C peppers
1 C zucchini
1 C Yellow squash
1 can diced tomatoes
1 Tablespoon Basil
1 Tablespoon Parsley
1/2 teaspoon thyme
S/P to taste

saute the garlic in the EVOO, and the eggplant and thyme (about 5 minutes), add the peppers and squash cook for about 5 more minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, and S/P and cook for a final 5 minutes.

While doing this I had the sausage cooking in another fry pan.

I chopped the sausage and added it to the vegetables. YUM

P.S. I don't really like peppers so I used mushrooms, and I added a couple of dashes of red pepper flakes for a little kick.

lisa32989
08-24-2013, 12:50 PM
After numerous requests, here is a Cauliflower Hummus recipe from this Blog: unlimitedlettuce.com (giving due credit).

I use my stick (immersion) blender instead of food processor or blender and one of the spices I like in mine is lots of cumin, which is often a flavor in hummus.

Anyway, here is the recipe

Cauliflower "Hummus" Dip
1 head of cauliflower, chopped (I used an extra head already roasted from the night before)
Chicken stock
Juice of half a lemon, or more to taste
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tbsp Roasted garlic (raw is fine if that's what you have)
Salt and pepper to taste
Spices to taste (I often use Za'atar, sumac, hot sauce)
Fresh herbs to taste

If your cauliflower is raw, put in a pan with about 1/2 cup of the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, and then simmer covered until the cauliflower is very tender. Allow to cool.

Into a blender or food processor, add the cauliflower, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and some salt and pepper. If you like, add in spices and/or some fresh herbs -- rosemary would be tasty, for example, as would some hot chilis. I really like za'atar and sumac, which are middle eastern spices.
Add in just enough chicken stock to allow the processor/blender to move freely. Whip up until it's a very smooth puree. Taste and adjust spices. When serving later, retaste and adjust spices as needed. I added a touch more salt and a little more garlic.
Enjoy!

PurpleMomster
08-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks, Lisa! Going to get some more cauliflower today and try this out!

Jo

thecircleguru
08-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Here's a recipe I found for maybe a birthday treat substitution, event sub, etc. I haven't tried it for myself yet.

Original Source: https://www.facebook.com/IncredibleWeightLossCenter

FrostyBobber
08-25-2013, 05:37 PM
So does the 'hummus' get thicker in the fridge.. or is it just a super thick soup texture? One of the things I enjoy about hummus is the thickness.. not sure if you could get that with the cauliflower..

majofki
08-25-2013, 10:31 PM
I made this rub and used foil to cook the salmon and veggies. So good!

4 oz salmon filet (can be doubled)
1 tbsp rub, or to taste
1 1/2 C. sliced zucchini**
1/2 C. sliced radishes**
1 tsp olive oil
Lemon (to taste)
Pepper

**You can use whatever IP veggies you like.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Cut the skin off the salmon.
Cut a square of foil big enough for the veggies and the fish
Layer the veggies on the bottom of the foil. Pepper the veggies.
Put the fish on top & sprinkle with the rub. Sprinkle the oil over the fish and veggies.
Fold the sides of the foil over the fish and veggies, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
Place the foil packet on a heavy large baking sheet. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, about 25 minutes. Enjoy!

RUB RECIPE:
2 Tbsp paprika
1 1/2 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Save in a sealed container. This is also really good on pork tenderloin and chicken.

I absolutely love the sound of this, Berteau. And also the cauliflower hummus, Lisa. Just got out of the hospital/rehab center where I've been since August 1st, and am home in a wheelchair for the next 7 weeks or so.
Cooking is tricky, but some of it can be done! And I think these can.
About the hospital bit - just had my foot reconstructed, and have to stay off it until given the go ahead sign. Doesn't hurt. Meals were pretty weird - but I managed to stick to a sort of modified IP thing, using the snacks and chicken soup when I couldn't stand the pizza or noodles. Managed to lose a bit in spite of it all.
Lots of stay at home time, now -- so I'll be checking in!

2much2do
08-26-2013, 09:09 PM
My Costco has had frozen langostino lobster lately, so I made a salad out of it. It was an instant hit. The original recipe I adapted called for 2 Tbsp. of mayo, which I omitted. You could probably try it using WF mayo or a homemade version.

Warm Langostino Lobster Salad

1 T. coconut oil
1/2 c. sliced baby bella or other mushrooms
1 shallot, chopped
3 green onions
8 oz. frozen langostino lobster
2 c. mixed greens

Heat the coconut oil and saute shallots until translucent. Add mushrooms and continue saute until soft. Add green onions and frozen lobster and saute until warmed through - about 2 minutes.

Serve warm over mixed greens.

FrostyBobber
08-27-2013, 10:19 PM
My daughter wanted Nachos tonight.. so we made nachos... Here is what I did so I could have Nachos with her..

2 lbs Ground Deer
Taco Seasoning (Old Elpaso..no sugar)

IP Pancake/crepe packet
1 egg
4 oz Water
garlic seasonings

Lettuce, Diced Tomatoes, WF Chipolte Dressing

Browned the deer and added taco seasonings as per package.

'Chips'

Mix IP crepe packet, egg (you can use egg whites(2)), seasonings and water in shaker bottle. Make 4 crepes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with 0/0/0 cooking spray. Cut crepes into 'chips' and place on baking sheet. Spray with I cant believe its butter spray and sprinkle sea salt over 'chips' and place in oven for 10 min. Remove and flip 'chips' and return to oven.. check until desired crispiness.. (So good)

Spread 'chips' on plate and top with taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, and dressing..

Just remember you are using a packet for supper (Phase 1 ers) and and egg so reduce your taco meat accordingly. I thought I would miss the cheese, but the chipolte dressing totally made up for it! Super yummy!

lisa32989
08-28-2013, 07:46 PM
I made "nachos" on mini bell peppers & used the mockamole (asparagus guac) on top. No need for salsa - hence occasional vegetable OR chips! I'm always looking for ways NOT to combine my packet with my protein meal.

lisa32989
08-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Here is the mockamole (asparagus guac) recipe again:

A friend just shared this recipe with me. I think I'll be trying it. A lot of online recipes call for adding some sour cream or yogurt. I'm thinking about using an avocado & cutting out my olive oil for the day.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8094/8459299977_8a8b152ce2_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/8459299977/)

Asparagus Guacamole
2 bags of steam in bag asparagus
1 lime (or 3 packets of true lime)

1/2-1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 small to medium tomato, chopped (optional)
Salt, cumin powder, cayenne pepper (or Jalapeno) to taste

Steam asparagus in bags, overcook a little
cut in 1 in pieces, drain on papertowels, squeeze dry and let cool

Put asparagus in blender with lime juice, cilantro, garlic and tomato and give it a whirl.
Season to taste and chill

Treat asparagus just as you would avocado.
You hardly can tell the difference and it fits into all IP phases!!!

Serve it with taco seasoned ground sirloin or grilled chicken breast with
cilantro lime slaw in lettuce wrappers.

Cilantro Lime Slaw

2-3 cups of finely shredded green cabbage
Juice of 1 lime
Olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin seed
Salt and white pepper to taste
(hmm...I think there is supposed to be some cilantro here, too! ha! :chin:)

Mix and chill.
enjoy!

FrostyBobber
08-29-2013, 12:46 PM
I made "nachos" on mini bell peppers & used the mockamole (asparagus guac) on top. No need for salsa - hence occasional vegetable OR chips! I'm always looking for ways NOT to combine my packet with my protein meal.

WOW! No hostility there.. It was just a suggestion..

lisa32989
08-29-2013, 12:52 PM
hmm...there was no hostility intended.
Just suggestions & other ways to do things.
Any hostility is what was read into it.

FrostyBobber
08-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Indeed :dizzy:

lisa32989
08-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Adding another recipe to my fav cauliflower recipe

Cauliflower tortillas! (http://www.happychomp.com/post/48093575572/recipe-taco-shells-made-from-cauliflower)
(Have I mentioned I LOVE tacos??? I have taco salad FREQUENTLY!)

Serves: 2-3
Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:

1 medium head of cauliflower (all the flowerets)
3 eggs OR 4 egg whites
^ yup, that’s it!Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Use a food processor, blender, or hand grater to grate the cauliflower into a crumb-like texture
Microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring a little halfway through
[If you don’t want to use a microwave for Step 3] Move the grated cauliflower to a pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Just make sure to stir half-way through to avoid the cauliflower from burning. Keep in mind that you will have a bit more water to squeeze out.
Place the now-cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel, that is on top of a seive, on a bowl (wow, that was confusing.. look at the pictures below). Make sure to drain as much exces water as possible.. there is surprisingly A LOT of water in cauliflower
Mix the drained cauliflower and eggs until smooth
Place the mixture on a baking sheet into circles at about 1/4” thick.
Bake for 10 minutes. Flip. Bake for another 5-7 minutes. This is important to dry out the tortilla
Move the tortillas to cooling rack to cool, so the bottom does not become soggy

FrostyBobber
09-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Sounds delish! Lov lov lov cauliflower! Sooo versitle!

marmarrin
09-05-2013, 03:02 PM
So I just finished week one and weighed in with a 5 lb loss! Awesome. My fabulous coach read my food log and told me I should post a couple of my ideas. I'm very green at this, so if these are not new, I apologize.

Salted Carmel Chocolate Pudding
1 IP Milk or Dark Chocolate Pudding (I prefer the Dark)
2 tbsp Walden Farms Carmel Sauce
Sea Salt

Make the pudding per the listed instructions. Put the 2 tbsp of Carmel Sauce into a microwave safe dish and sprinkle desired amount of sea salt on top. Place in Microwave on high for 15-20 seconds, stir and drizzle over pudding. Enjoy.

IP Rotini
1 IP Rotini
1/2 cup Tri Colored Peppers Julienned
1 Medium Portobello Mushroom Cap
1 Cup Baby Spinach
1 tbsp No Sugar Added Tomato Sauce
1 clove minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Ground Pepper to taste

Heat oven to 425. Clean mushroom cap and remove stem and gills. Brush both sides with Olive Oil and place stem side down on baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.

Prepare Rotini per instructions (I use 0/0/0 Organic Beef broth to add flavor)

While rotini is boiling and mushroom is roasting, sautee julienned peppers, and garlic in olive oil until desired softness. Add the spinach and sautee until wilted. Add the tomato sauce and prepared rotini and stir well.

Stack the rotini mixture on the mushroom cap and enjoy.

Hope you like these ideas! They were delicious!!!

2much2do
09-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Hmmm. May have to buy some rotini. I assume it would be a restricted? This recipe sounds great.

fourstubbs
09-06-2013, 12:32 PM
bump

berteau
09-10-2013, 01:23 AM
One of the things I struggle with is that I love to cook and it is a bit tough to flex my culinary muscles OP. BUT tonight I am so happy with awesome dinner made entirely from leftovers! It is 90+ degrees today, so this was a crunchy and delicious treat that took about 10 minutes.

Pork Tenderloin Lettuce "Tacos"

6 oz. leftover pork tenderloin - see below for rub recipe
1 C shredded cabbage (with a little vinegar)
3/4 C mixed bell peppers
1 large green onion (sliced)
6 leaves bib lettuce

1. Cut the peppers and pork into similar sized strips
2. Sautee the peppers with IP-approved spray until slightly softened
3. Add the pork and then the green onion
4. Set up a plate with the lettuce leaves and shredded cabbage
5. Make your lettuce wraps

The Perfect Rub
2 Tbsp paprika
1 1/2 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Combine all ingredients and store in a sealed container.

berteau
09-13-2013, 10:19 PM
I love horchata (Mexican rice water with cinnamon), and I like rum, so Rumchata is a delicious and boozy treat. Here is an IP friendly cocktail.

IP RumChata
1 packet IP Vanilla Drink
7 oz cold water
1-2 drops rum extract
Cinnamon to taste (I use a big pinch)

Put all in your shaker, shake away and serve over ice.
You can also blend with ice if you want to get fancy.

If you are a horchata purist, just leave out the extract.

thecircleguru
09-28-2013, 09:52 PM
1/2 bag of washed baby spinach
2 packages of fresh basil leaves - take off big stems.
3-4 cloves of garlic
salt & pepper to taste
olive or grape seed oil

Preparations:
1. Add 1/2 bag of spinach and basil leaves to a blender.
2. Add whole cloves of garlic to blender.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add 2 tbsp of oil to blender and then start to blend. Drizzzle oil through the lid hole until you get a evenly blended solution.

Place your pesto in a air-tight container and drizzle a little bit of oil over your pesto in the container so it doesn't turn brown. Refrigerate.

thecircleguru
09-28-2013, 10:02 PM
See Spinach Pesto Recipe above...

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp Spinach Pesto
3 Tbsp water
1 pkg IP Potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
finely chopped green onion x1
red pepper flakes (optional)
dried chives (optional)
chipotle hot sauce (optional)

Instructions:
1. Combine all of your ingredients listed above in a bowl.
2. Spray a parchment paper lined cookie sheet with olive oil spray or Pam.
3. Pile your "dough" in the center of your parchment paper and fold the sheet of paper in half.
4. Press the "dough" out so it's very thin and flat. Peel back your paper to uncover your thin, thin dough.

OVEN TEMP: 350 degrees
COOKING TIME: 15 mins.

5. Cook for 15 minutes and remove from the oven.
6. Cut them into 1 inch squares and place them back into the oven on the parchment again until you achieve your desired "dryness". This time depends on the thickness of your crackers. Anywhere from 2-10 minutes in the oven.

These are super yummy and make a great addition to a work lunch. They store nicely in baggies for the next day if needed.
Try using them as "croutons" in a salad! :^:

kcdoe
09-29-2013, 12:23 AM
Hi all...wow...some great recipes on here.....awesome...If anyone is interested a group of us which is a spin-off from 3FC has started a Pinterest Recipe and Motivation Board...We are on FB but many are members here in the 3FC community....So if you like Pinterest...and you know who you are....:) here's the link to follow us or message me to be a board contributor so you can add your awesome recipes...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/ideal-protein-recipes-southern-chicks/........We have over 800 new followers in two weeks...:carrot:Hope to see some new recipes...:) Thanks, Marie

I try to open this link but doesn't work how do I find your pinterest?

SweetScrumptious
09-29-2013, 12:32 AM
thecircleguru Both the pesta & cracker recipes sound DELICIOUS! I'm going to need to take a day off from work and spend a day cooking/baking :) can't wait

sarahBell
10-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Ok I have a sugar need. So I took cold Hazel Nut Coffee, abt 15 ice cubes, 1 packet sweetner, vanilla and 1 tbs WF chocolate Sauce and a 1tbs skim milk all in my handy blender and viola I have an kick butt wanna-be-mock-hazelnut-mocha frappe. I did not use a packet ( I normally use a pudding one) and I am in HEAVEN this will kick that need to munch out the door

saskgirl
10-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Stole this from someone's blog on pintrest - thought I would share it to help all us canucks with our thanksgiving supper

bet the butterscotch pudding would taste good with it too!

Pumpkin Meringue

Crust
1 Ideal Protein Plain Crepe mix
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie seasoning
2 oz.’s water

Pudding Filling
1 Ideal Protein Vanilla pudding
1 egg
2 tsps. olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
½ tsp Nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tblsp. Splenda or Stevia

Meringue
1 egg white
3 tblsp. Splenda or Stevia
1/8 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp vanilla extract

Heat oven to 425 degrees. In your shaker mix Crust ingredients. With Olive oil spray, coat 8-9” diameter skillet and pour mixture in. Cook o on medium heat until the crepe has reached a soft pliable texture. You do not want the crepe to be crispy. In 4-5 inch glass pie pan (These can be picked up at most dollar stores) place the crepe in and shape it like a pie crust. Next mix Pudding ingredients in your shaker and pour into crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 9 minutes. While your filling is baking, place meringue ingredients in a bowl and mix until it forms peaks. By varying the amount of sweetener you control how hard or soft the final meringue will be. Remove filling and crust from oven and spread meringue on while hot. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 9 minutes. Meringue should be stiff and have golden brown coloring on peaks. Let cool and chill before serving.

*For an extra added treat, drizzle Walden Farms Caramel Syrup on Meringue

masenki
10-08-2013, 12:30 AM

Cauliflower tortillas! (http://www.happychomp.com/post/48093575572/recipe-taco-shells-made-from-cauliflower)

Ingredients:

3 eggs OR 4 egg whites

Use a food processor, blender, or hand grater to grate the cauliflower into a crumb-like texture
[If you don’t want to use a microwave for Step 3] Move the grated cauliflower to a pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Just make sure to stir half-way through to avoid the cauliflower from burning. Keep in mind that you will have a bit more water to squeeze out.
Place the now-cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel, that is on top of a seive, on a bowl (wow, that was confusing.. look at the pictures below). Make sure to drain as much exces water as possible.. there is surprisingly A LOT of water in cauliflower
Bake for 10 minutes. Flip. Bake for another 5-7 minutes. This is important to dry out the tortilla
Lisa - how many tortilla this will yield and how many do you think will equal to 2 cups?

lisa32989
10-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Lisa - how many tortilla this will yield and how many do you think will equal to 2 cups?

Did you click the link?
For 2c, you'll have to measure.

masenki
10-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Dah, now I see the link :) I guess it will be for 2 - 3 servings.

DanaLana
10-08-2013, 06:36 PM

Ingredients:

3 eggs OR 4 egg whites

I made mine a little small so I had 5 rounds. I also added a bit of cumin. Very tasty!

PurpleMomster
10-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Stole this from someone's blog on pintrest - thought I would share it to help all us canucks with our thanksgiving supper

bet the butterscotch pudding would taste good with it too!

Pumpkin Meringue

Crust
1 Ideal Protein Plain Crepe mix
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie seasoning
2 oz.’s water

Pudding Filling
1 Ideal Protein Vanilla pudding
1 egg
2 tsps. olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
½ tsp Nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tblsp. Splenda or Stevia

Meringue
1 egg white
3 tblsp. Splenda or Stevia
1/8 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp vanilla extract

Heat oven to 425 degrees. In your shaker mix Crust ingredients. With Olive oil spray, coat 8-9” diameter skillet and pour mixture in. Cook o on medium heat until the crepe has reached a soft pliable texture. You do not want the crepe to be crispy. In 4-5 inch glass pie pan (These can be picked up at most dollar stores) place the crepe in and shape it like a pie crust. Next mix Pudding ingredients in your shaker and pour into crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 9 minutes. While your filling is baking, place meringue ingredients in a bowl and mix until it forms peaks. By varying the amount of sweetener you control how hard or soft the final meringue will be. Remove filling and crust from oven and spread meringue on while hot. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 9 minutes. Meringue should be stiff and have golden brown coloring on peaks. Let cool and chill before serving.

*For an extra added treat, drizzle Walden Farms Caramel Syrup on Meringue

Thanks for this, it actually looks pretty good! I might make it without the crust for my dessert on turkey day!

vachinyc
10-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Reposting from another thread to make it easier to find :) it is yummy!

THAI PEANUT STIR FRY CHICKEN
• 1 teaspoons cornstarch OPTIONAL (adds 10 calories and 2 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 fat, 0 protein)
• 1/4 cup chicken broth
• 2 TBSP walden farms peanut butter (original poster: i also added 1 TBSP powdered PB2 as I just don't like the WF peanut butter taste)
• 1 tablespoons braggs amino acid or soy sauce
• dash ground ginger
• dash salt & pepper
• 1- 8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
• 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
• 1/4 cup chopped vidalia onion
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet orange peppers
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet red peppers
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic

In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth, will be a little lumpy....but will get smooth in the pan; set aside.
In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1and1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3 minutes until soft but not caramelized. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.

I used peppers/cabbage/mushrooms as my veggies...cabbage was kind of noodle-y. Yum.

Lisa also mentioned: Xanthan gum can be used instead of cornstarch for a thickener

clbott
10-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Ok - No recipe here - BUT! My bags came in today to make Rainbow's Travel Bag! SO excited! Thank you!

MSEMDEE
10-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Bump

kcdoe
10-22-2013, 08:02 AM
I threw a crab Cake recipe together that turned out awesome and I wanted to share ;) I used mushrooms for filler and amazing it worked and you can't taste them :dizzy:
Phase 1
1 lb crab meat
3 egg whites
2 Tbsp WF honey mustard mayo
Dijon Mustard to taste ( I used about 2 tbsp)
About 2 cups of mushrooms (mixed them in my Ninja until they were little bits this is important)
Old bay seasoning to taste
1packet of IP crispy cereal ground to smooth powder ( optional but helps hold them together)

Mix all ingredients together. Form cakes and cook in pan or broiler till golden brown. About 20 minutes

I ate them with some WF parm cheese and WF seafood sauce
Let me know if you like them :p

IdealProteinNewbie
10-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Since the chocolate pancake is being discontinued I tried to come up with another option. This is actually non-restricted and I like it much better.

Mix chocolate drink mix, 2 egg whites and 1 oz of water. Spread batter thinly on a cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil (super important otherwise you will not be able to take it off). Bake for about 7 minutes at 350*, depending on your oven.

Peel off and enjoy!

lucky22
11-08-2013, 01:02 PM
I dont know if this recipe was already shared in one of the threads, but here is the Delicious Unrestricted Waffle Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 packet IP Pudding mix (any flavor)
1 egg or 2 egg whites, beaten
2 oz. of water
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
small pinch of sea salt
(optional) add a few drops of flavored Stevia
(optional) Spices of your choice: cinnamon, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, etc.
(optional) Walden Farms topping: Maple Syrup, Chocolate Syrup etc., I Can 't Believe It's Not Butter spray.
Directions:
Beat egg and water until mixed. Add spices, salt and baking power. Finally stir in one IP pudding packet. Mix will be very thick. Pour into greased waffle iron or make three small pancakes. Finally top with your favorite WF product(optional).
Note: Makes 1 IP serving. If using the whole egg, subtract 1.5-2 ounces of protein from your daily 8oz.

yespositively
11-08-2013, 01:21 PM
I dont know if this recipe was already shared in one of the threads, but here is the Delicious Unrestricted Waffle Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 packet IP Pudding mix (any flavor)
1 egg or 2 egg whites, beaten
2 oz. of water
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
small pinch of sea salt
(optional) add a few drops of flavored Stevia
(optional) Spices of your choice: cinnamon, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, etc.
(optional) Walden Farms topping: Maple Syrup, Chocolate Syrup etc., I Can 't Believe It's Not Butter spray.
Directions:
Beat egg and water until mixed. Add spices, salt and baking power. Finally stir in one IP pudding packet. Mix will be very thick. Pour into greased waffle iron or make three small pancakes. Finally top with your favorite WF product(optional).
Note: Makes 1 IP serving. If using the whole egg, subtract 1.5-2 ounces of protein from your daily 8oz.

Clever! I need to track down some WF products so I can enjoy something like this.

lisa32989
11-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Since the chocolate pancake is being discontinued I tried to come up with another option. This is actually non-restricted and I like it much better.

Mix chocolate drink mix, 2 egg whites and 1 oz of water. Spread batter thinly on a cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil (super important otherwise you will not be able to take it off). Bake for about 7 minutes at 350*, depending on your oven.

Peel off and enjoy!

The zucchini muffin recipe makes pancakes, too. I've done muffins with chocolate pudding & pancakes with banana (so I KNOW it works with pudding). No need to drain the zucchini as much if making pancakes.

berteau
11-10-2013, 10:54 PM
This is adapted from the Miraval spa "Mindful Eating" green chili posole recipe. This made two large servings:

2 Tbsp. olive oil
½ c. chopped celery
¼ c. chopped garlic
1 c. chopped poblano pepper
1 lb. lean boneless pork tenderloin, cut into ¾" cubes
1½ c. chopped fresh tomatillo, or canned tomato (I used Muir tomatoes)
¼ c. chopped fresh cilantro
4 tsp. chili powder
4 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. IP salt
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 c. canned low-sodium, nonfat chicken broth
1 can water
¼ c. thinly sliced red cabbage (or more if you need the veg)
1½ tsp. finely grated fresh lime zest, for garnish
Chipotle pepper sauce - for garnish/kick

Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. of the oil and swirl to coat the bottom of pan. Lower the heat to medium-high, add the celery, stir, and cook for a minute. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for a minute.
Add the pepper and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil and stir well.

Add the pork and cook, stirring to sear on all sides, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato/tomatillo, cilantro, the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir well and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock & water. Increase the heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook until the meat is tender.

I served this over shredded red cabbage and shredded zucchini to ge my 2 C veggies in. I added a bit of chipotle pepper sauce to it for a kick.

The hot soup cooked the red cabbage and the zucchini. So good and so full!

ems70508
11-11-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure if this is a recipe that has already been posted so i'm going to write down the recipe I used! It's called Broccomoli

2Cups of Broccoli
1 Jalapeno, chopped and seeds removed
2 tbsp green onion
2 ounces of Silken Tofu (extra soft)
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 tbs cilantro
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 garlic powder

Steam your broccoli- over cook it a little so it can blend easily
put into nutribullet (or a blender of sorts) and add other ingredients. Blend until smooth! I didn't find 1 tsp enough so I added my 2nd tsp and called it my oil for the day! I ate it warm with the herb and garlic chips and it was delicious! Although delicious is a relative word so I hope you like it as well!

yespositively
11-12-2013, 03:40 PM
I made a soup this weekend and thought I would share the recipe. I am a notoriously horrible vegetable eater and this soup makes me feel very clever since it's stealth vegetable eating. This soup is incredibly creamy and I can't believe it doesn't have cream in it.

Zucchini Curry Soup
makes 4 servings

2 zucchinis (I did 4c by weight)
salt (I used the IP salt)
pepper
garlic powder
1 clove garlic
curry powder of choice (I used a mix, any would work)
ginger powder (optional)
cayenne (optional)
16oz NF chicken stock

Slice your zucchinis into half moons and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. A good generous shake of each should do. Measure 1/4tsp if you prefer to measure.

Sautee them in a dutch oven or soup pot until they are good and soft (softer than if you were eating them plain). Mince your garlic and add it for the last minute or so. This will keep the garlic from getting too done, but you do want it to cook a little.

Add your chicken stock to the zucchini and allow the mixture to come to a simmer, then stir in your curry powder. I used just shy of a tablespoon of my favorite curry mix which is called Malaysian Ginger Curry, but plain curry powder and some other Indian spices (like garam masala, cayenne, tumeric, etc) would work. Use what you have.

Simmer the soup for a few more minutes then remove from the burner to let cool. Use an immersion blender or your home blender to blend until soup is smooth. If you are using a large blender, be aware that warm soup expands in the blender and blend carefully.

finale
11-13-2013, 01:37 PM
I am just starting IP today and am excited but nervous....What would you recommend to stay on track and not let the normal things get to me.....

I am so excited that your from ND and I live in Lincoln so I am super pumped to find someone from my state on this website.

Sunflower40
11-13-2013, 02:24 PM
I made a soup this weekend and thought I would share the recipe. I am a notoriously horrible vegetable eater and this soup makes me feel very clever since it's stealth vegetable eating. This soup is incredibly creamy and I can't believe it doesn't have cream in it.

Zucchini Curry Soup
makes 4 servings

2 zucchinis (I did 4c by weight)
salt (I used the IP salt)
pepper
garlic powder
1 clove garlic
curry powder of choice (I used a mix, any would work)
ginger powder (optional)
cayenne (optional)
16oz NF chicken stock

Slice your zucchinis into half moons and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. A good generous shake of each should do. Measure 1/4tsp if you prefer to measure.

Sautee them in a dutch oven or soup pot until they are good and soft (softer than if you were eating them plain). Mince your garlic and add it for the last minute or so. This will keep the garlic from getting too done, but you do want it to cook a little.

Add your chicken stock to the zucchini and allow the mixture to come to a simmer, then stir in your curry powder. I used just shy of a tablespoon of my favorite curry mix which is called Malaysian Ginger Curry, but plain curry powder and some other Indian spices (like garam masala, cayenne, tumeric, etc) would work. Use what you have.

Simmer the soup for a few more minutes then remove from the burner to let cool. Use an immersion blender or your home blender to blend until soup is smooth. If you are using a large blender, be aware that warm soup expands in the blender and blend carefully.

this sounds really good, I love curry, think I'm going to try it on the weekend when I buy some zuchini
Thanks for sharing

ems70508
11-13-2013, 03:19 PM
I am just starting IP today and am excited but nervous....What would you recommend to stay on track and not let the normal things get to me.....

I am so excited that your from ND and I live in Lincoln so I am super pumped to find someone from my state on this website.

welcome! I would recommend looking at the thread 'What are you eating today ipeeps'. I just bumped it up to the top of the threads for you. People post their daily 'diary' of what they're eating. It may help you not get complacent! Also, they're is a daily chat thread. I've noticed this thread we're in right now is more to post a recipe so that you can come back and find it in one place rather than searching through all the other threads. :)

LindseyTradeChic
12-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Yum YUM YUM...

This is one of my new favorites!

I used canned chicken from costco and cooked it on medium heat with DRY pesto seasoning mix packet. I added cauliflower and broccoli and covered the pot to steam. Once the veggies were done I added rotini pasta (IP) and a little salt/pepper to taste.

AMAZING!

kcdoe
01-04-2014, 11:13 PM

;( links don't work for me ;(:?:

kcdoe
01-04-2014, 11:22 PM
.....off to find a recipe for that tomato basil flatbread.....

Misbehaving I love this and make many things with it pizza being my favorite:^:

Katrina628
01-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Another great board of recipes. Needed something new for my restart!

stefnrod
01-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Never had rhubarb.I found this recipe that sounds good,but sadly I do not know how to cook the rhubarb. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rhubarb/Strawberry Dessert
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch

stefnrod
01-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Do you boil it and if so how much water?

Ruth Ann
01-18-2014, 10:03 PM
I just put it in a covered dish and microwave it until it's mushy. Don't even add water.

dreawilk
01-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Hey Ya'll!

I made a terrific "German Potato Salad" tonight and wanted to share it. I peeled and boiled the turnips until they were tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet I browned some turkey bacon that I had cut into one inch pieces. After removing the bacon from the skillet, I added 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar, 2 T splenda, and 3/4 c. water. I let these boil until they had thickened slightly. Then, I added the turnips to it along with the bacon, and made sure to coat them with the sauce. Eat it warm...It is delicious!!!!

stefnrod
01-19-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks

skinnybride2be
01-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Hi all -

I'm looking for a recipe that is kind of like a cheesy beef mac. For example, I have the IP pasta, and I was thinking of adding ground beef, but I also want kind of a cheese dressing for it. Does anyone have a recipe like that?

WildDaisy
01-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Never had rhubarb.I found this recipe that sounds good,but sadly I do not know how to cook the rhubarb. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch

Stef, I buy my rhubarb frozen and just microwave it in a bowl until it's hot and soft, about 3 minutes in my microwave. Rhubarb is my new favorite!!

sasyblond401
01-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Great recipes

karenfromtexas
01-25-2014, 08:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I just had to post a recipe that I tried tonight that my DH and I really liked a lot. It was very filling, too:

Carolina BBQ Meatballs and Slaw

For the meatballs:

1 lb very lean ground pork
1tsp Splenda
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp celery salt
1 pack IP BBQ chips (crushed fine)
1 egg white

Combine all ingredients and form into about 16 meatballs. Cook in a little oil of choice for about 10 minutes or until done.

For the sauce:

1/4 cup yellow mustard
2 tsp Frank's hot sauce
1 tbsp dried onion flakes
3 tbsp Splenda
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp sugar free/low sugar ketchup
salt & pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for about 8-10 minutes.

For the slaw:

1/2 large cabbage (I like to use both purple and green), shredded
1 bell pepper (choice of color), shredded
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp mild oil of choice (I used sunflower)
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp mustard powder
2 tsp Splenda (more if you like it sweet)

Shred vegetables. Combine dressing ingredients in a microwave-safe container and nuke for a minute, or until the dressing is hot and well-combined. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss well.

Enjoy!

Karen

ems70508
01-30-2014, 06:18 PM
*Acquired this recipe from the Incredible Weight Loss Center*
Artisan Bread
Potato Puree
1 egg
1tsp olive oil
2 ounces of water
1/4 tsp baking soda
seasoning to taste ie: garlic powder, basil, oregano, etc
*packet already has seasoning so be careful not to over-season!

preheat to 350, spray with pam and spread thin. bake for 20 mins or brown and toasty. So delish!

karenfromtexas
02-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone,

I was craving fideo that my Mom used to make when I was growing up. It's basically Mexican-style pasta. So, I made it and it came out really good, if I do say so myself. I don't know why I didn't think of doing this before! Anyway, here's the recipe:

Fideo

1 package IP rotini
1 tsp olive oil
½ small can of Rotel tomatoes (or plan tomato sauce, if you prefer)
1 clove garlic, crushed
¼ onion, diced
2 tbsp parsley, minced

Lightly brown rotini in the oil. (This will only take a few minutes.) Add the garlic and onion and sauté for a few minutes more. Add the rest of the ingredients. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until rotini are soft. (They will absorb the liquid from the Rotel as they cook.)

Makes 1 serving.

Enjoy!

LUCCILOVE
02-03-2014, 08:50 AM
MY FAVORITE recipe so far on IP

It took me a while to find this but this is by far my favorite IP recipe. It was from one of the IP videos. It is so easy to make and you can try all combos. I even bought the Whoopie Pan at BBB ($6.99) plus use your 20% off coupon and it is on clearance and it really makes a great unrestricted item. I made some yesterday and add some WF products IE strawberry, peanut butter, pancake syrups. So yummy. I have also tried it with the vanilla packet in a regular muffin tin also excellent. I do not have the Torani Syrups

"Double Chocolate" Cookies Recipe

By "Coach Mindy"

You are probably thinking, there is no such thing as an Ideal Protein cereal drink product. You are right; however, when you combine two products--Crispy Cereal and Chocolate Drink Mix, you can make fabulous, easy, filling non-restricted cookies.

I am going to give you the "basic recipe". You can change it based on your preferences. Try it with different syrups or extracts. Share the recipe. Pass it around. We can learn so much from each other!

Ingredients:

1 Packet of Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal (crushed)
1 Packet of Ideal Protein Chocolate Drink Mix (Do not use Chocolate Pudding or the Chocolate Pre--Made. This recipe is for the Chocolate Drink Mix. You can make this recipe with the Vanilla Drink Mix, and the Cappuccino Drink Mix also. Remember, not pre-mades and not puddings for this recipe.)
2 Egg whites
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1-2 teaspoons Torani Sugar Free Chocolate Macadamia Nut Syrup (made with Splenda). If you do not have this, use an extract you like with an optional packet of Splenda. Also, there are many other Torani Sugar Free Syrups that would be delicious in this recipe--the choice is yours!

Directions:

This is so simple. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Wait a few minutes for the baking powder to make batter thicker.

Equally divide in 12 portions. I use a Wilton Whoopie Pie Pan, sprayed with Pam, which I purchased at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cool and enjoy 6 cookies which equals one product. If you do not have this pan, bake in a cake pan. Bake approximately 15 minutes. 1/2 the cake equals one product.

lizziemom
02-03-2014, 12:08 PM
How do you count it?

LUCCILOVE
02-03-2014, 12:35 PM
6 cookies = 1 unrestricted packet

Sheriously
02-03-2014, 03:05 PM
I don't have exact measurements, but I don't really think it matters...do what you like!

I pureed roasted zucchini and roasted red pepper and roasted garlic with some basil and pepper and IP salt....was GREAT on top of IP rotini! It would be great with some mushrooms too!

karenfromtexas
02-17-2014, 08:51 PM
I have to give a shout out to whomever posted the chocolate "whoopie pie"/cookie recipe (the one using the IP chocolate drink and the IP crispy cereal packet). It was absolutely delicious! I added 2 tsp. of Torani SF Belgian Cookie syrup and I think that made a big difference.

Karen

LUCCILOVE
02-17-2014, 09:15 PM
I am not sure if I was the original but I did post it at some point I think. It is one of the best recipes I have done. I actually think it tastes better with the vanilla drink. I have not used any Torani in mine but have done almond, vanilla, or other extracts in them with a packet of stevia. I have also tried the cappuccino too and it was great.

It also tastes real good with cinnamon and nutmeg. It is so easy to make.

I just tried the cauliflower bread sticks so yummy couldn't believe it tasted that good.

karenfromtexas
02-25-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I was craving chicken enchiladas with green sauce so I came up with this recipe to satisfy that craving:

Green Chili Chicken Stew

6 tomatillos, husked and quartered
2 poblano* peppers, seeded and cut into 2” pieces
4 Hatch* chile peppers, seeded and cut into 2” pieces
4 tsp olive oil, divided
Salt and pepper to taste
½ onion, chopped
3-4 zucchini or Mexican grey squashes, chopped
1 jicama, chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
8 c chicken broth
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
2-3 cups leftover cooked chicken
Juice of 1 lime

Spread tomatillos and all peppers on 2 cookie sheets so that they are in one layer. Drizzle the vegetables with 3 tsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss. Roast at 400 for about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through to ensure even roasting. Cool slightly. Puree in a blender with a little of the chicken broth to desired smoothness. Set aside. Heat remaining 1 tsp olive oil in a large stock pot. Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Add squash, jicama, chicken broth, cilantro, and pureed tomatillos and peppers. Bring to boil. Cover pot and simmer until squash is tender. (Jicama will remain firm, even if cooked a long time.) Add chicken and simmer for a few minutes more. Add lime juice.

*Substitute any mild, green chile peppers you like. If you want the stew hotter, leave some or all of the seeds in. Coat your hands with vegetable oil before handling chiles to prevent skin irritation.

I added 1 tbsp of reduced fat sour cream to my bowl of soup and that really seemed to add a lot to the flavor.

Enjoy!

Karen

kcdoe
02-26-2014, 08:10 AM
*Acquired this recipe from the Incredible Weight Loss Center*
Artisan Bread
Potato Puree
1 egg
1tsp olive oil
2 ounces of water
1/4 tsp baking soda
seasoning to taste ie: garlic powder, basil, oregano, etc
*packet already has seasoning so be careful not to over-season!

preheat to 350, spray with pam and spread thin. bake for 20 mins or brown and toasty. So delish!

Yes be very careful I apparently did and mine went right into the trash, discusting :( I'll try again though love the thickness.

Did everyone get the unrestricted brownie recipe using chocolate drink and pudding mix? It's good?

kcdoe
02-26-2014, 08:12 AM
I have to give a shout out to whomever posted the chocolate "whoopie pie"/cookie recipe (the one using the IP chocolate drink and the IP crispy cereal packet). It was absolutely delicious! I added 2 tsp. of Torani SF Belgian Cookie syrup and I think that made a big difference.

Karen

Is the recipe in this thread?

LUCCILOVE
02-26-2014, 08:38 AM
kcdoe-yes I posted the double cookie recipe it is post #156 it was very good. It makes 2 unrestricted servings. I will make more and use my new torani syrups. I have also done witht he vanilla and cappucino packets I think vanilla is the best

I did try the chocolate pudding/drink packet. I first followed exactly what it says but it was so dry - not think I had at least 1-2 cups of water. When I cooked it was more like a fudge or a cake then a brownie but it was still excellent - it is nice for breakfast or dessert if u need an unrestricted. It is pretty rich. Let me know how it goes!!!

LUCCILOVE
02-28-2014, 10:17 AM
You can adapt it however you want. My husband and I really like this. He is not on IP

This is from my neighbor who is "sort of" on IP. She used chicken thigh

1 8 oz skinless chicken breast (bone in would work as well)
1-2 cloves of garlic finely minced
3 tbsp Dijon mustard (there are some with no white wine in it)
1 tbsp WF mayo or Trader Joe's Reduce Fat mayo (my clinic lets me use it)

Juice of 1 lime or lemon
Zest of 1 lime or lemon
Cracked pepper to taste.

Mixed together until blended. Pour over chicken and toss until coated. Put on baking tray and sprinkle with dried parsley. Bake at 400 for 30-35 min. - might take a little longer depending on your oven.

I added cumin, white pepper, and topped the chicken with paprika so there is some browning. The mustard does have a kick but it is really good. Next time I am going to add mushrooms in it. It is like a Dijonnaise Chicken

64peppergirl
03-02-2014, 03:48 PM
I've adapted one of my favorite recipes to fit the I.P. program. I've used this the whole 6 months I've been on this program and have always had very good losses so it must be okay.

Pork Chile

This is my favorite recipe.

1 quart chicken broth (basically 3-4 cups)
2 teaspoons olive oil - divided
2 pounds lean pork, cubed into bite size pieces
2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
2 cans Rotel tomatoes with green chilies (about 2 1/4 cups)
3 cans (4 oz. each) chopped green chilies (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 small can chopped jalapenos (less if you don't like it hot) - (about 1/4 cup)
salt and pepper to taste

1. Brown half of pork in 1 teaspoon of oil in a heavy Dutch oven. Remove to plate and cook the rest of the pork in remaining oil. When browned add the rest of the browned pork and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer at least 2 hours. This can also cook in a crock pot all day on low.

2. When pork is very tender, you can slightly mash part of the meat and then thicken the soup with a arrowroot and water mixture. Serve over cauli-rice or bed of shredded lettuce.

3. I counted 1/4 of the total mixture as my 8 oz cooked pork, 1/2 cup of limited vegetable, 1/2 cup vegetable, and 1/2 t. oil.

Servings: 4

lisa32989
03-04-2014, 04:30 PM
I make chicken soup frequently in the winter or for a cold

I use only veggies from the select veggie list in my soup.

So,
1 whole chicken (I usually roast it first, easier to remove skin & fat). In a pinch you could get a rotisserie chicken at the store, but know they are usually injected and you need to read ingredients.
Chicken bone broth (made ahead-of-time...usually from previous chickens I've cooked - see below)
I actually weigh all the meat so I know how many dinner servings are in there. I figure 5-6 oz cooked = 8 oz raw
So if there are 20 oz cooked chicken, it is 4 servings.
Then I add 8 c veggies (2/serving) and then I have 4 full dinner servings of soup! (When I'm sick, I may split that up throughout the day)

Veggies I've used: celery, leeks, mushrooms, bok choy (no carrots on IP).

For bone broth:
Place chicken carcass(es) in a pot or in crockpot. Cover with water & add 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar. Add veggie scraps (I save celery leaves & onion skins for this purpose). Simmer for at least 24-36 hours. Cook until bones are extremely brittle. Strain & toss all bones/scraps. When this broth is chilled, it should sort've gel (like Jello). This is not fat. This is the collagen from the bones. Bone broth is WAY better for you than the broth you buy in boxes in the store. I keep my bone broth in the freezer until needed (freeze in ice cube trays & then you can easily access the amount you need )

eandc2006
03-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Thanks Lisa.

LUCCILOVE
03-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Saw this on the Talk - made it last night. It was very easy and good. Any white fish will do

Baked Halibut with wild oregano, olive oil and lemon

Serves 4

Ingredients

4 halibut fillets

2 tablespoons olive oil

½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest

Juice of 1 lemon

2 paper thin slices of lemon, cut in half

½ teaspoon wild oregano (or ¾ teaspoon of regular oregano)

Scant teaspoon salt

Freshly ground pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 400ºF.

Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Pat the fish fillets to remove any excess moisture. Sprinkle the fillets with the salt and some freshly ground pepper. Place the fillets on the baking sheet.

In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, whisk in the olive oil and the oregano. Pour the lemon and herb mixture over the fish fillets. Place a half slice of lemon on top of each fillet. Bake the fillets in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through and opaque.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/topics/show/1002065

gidgetonsweets
03-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???

Fearciuil
03-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Ingredients
Zucchini (1 small zucchini yielded ~1 cup of chips)
Olive oil spray
Salt

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 225°F.
2. Thinly slice zucchini into chips. A mandoline is recommended, as it will slice the zucchini uniformly (which ensures uniform cooking time), but watch your fingers!
3. Lay slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Lightly coat the tops of the zucchini with olive oil using a pastry brush or mister.
5. Lightly season with salt.
6. Bake at 225°F for ~40 minutes.
7. Flip the slices, coat with oil and season with salt.
8. Cook for ~40 minutes. The slices should be lightly browned.

Note: The Dinner Mom, where I found this recipe (credit (http://www.dinner-mom.com/zucchini-chips-microwave-or-oven)), says you can cook it in the microwave, too. Lightly spray a microwave-safe plate with olive oil cooking spray, lightly coat the tops of the slices with olive oil, lightly season with salt, and cook the zucchini on high for 4-5 minutes.

Just tried the oven-baked version, and it's yummy!

jojobananas
03-11-2014, 03:40 PM
hi all... this is just a quick way of turning the soup packet into a filling meal. I usually prefer to use the frozen broccoli florets but the supermarket always has big bags of cut up broccoli pieces( with stems) for cheap so I use that in this recipe! I microwave some of the broccoli until it is nice and soft. As the broccoli microwaves I put a cup of water and the soup packet into my blender. Then add some salt, pepper, garlic powder and white cheddar popcorn seasoning. Once the broccoli is cooked I throw it directly into the blender and puree until smooth. If you cook the broccoli right before making the soup there is no need to heat the soup once you've pureed it because the broccoli makes it nice and hot! This gives you a huge portion of filling and delicious broccoli cheddar soup! Yum! :carrot:

FacingIt27
03-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Just made the raspberry jelly as a hot drink instead of jello, added extra water, but also added a packet of "True Lime" like flavoring. Really did the trick and gives it a really nice flavor. Keep up the great work guys!

LuvA1exa
03-20-2014, 02:30 PM
From "Hungry Girl"

Lemony Spring Chicken Pack
Entire recipe: 308 calories, 5.5g fat, 509mg sodium, 27.5g carbs, 6g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 40.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 8*

Chow down on juicy chicken and spring veggies in a delightful lemony garlic-butter sauce. This is how we do it, people!

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
2 cups chopped kale leaves
1 cup chopped asparagus
1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
2 dashes each salt and black pepper
One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown) I substitute EVOO
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 lemon, cut into 3 wedges

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.

Lay veggies on the center of the foil. Sprinkle with a dash each of salt and pepper.

Season chicken with remaining dash each of salt and pepper, and place over the veggies. Dollop with butter and sprinkle with garlic.

Place one lemon wedge at the right edge of the veggies and another at the left edge, so that cut sides of each wedge are laying flat against the foil. Squeeze remaining lemon wedge over the chicken. Cover with another large piece of foil.

Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.

Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut packet to release steam before opening entirely. (Careful -- steam will be hot.) Serve with cooked lemon wedges for extra squeezing!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Great way for me to get my veggies in my belly!

lisa32989
03-21-2014, 05:53 AM
From "Hungry Girl"

Lemony Spring Chicken Pack
Entire recipe: 308 calories, 5.5g fat, 509mg sodium, 27.5g carbs, 6g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 40.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 8*

Chow down on juicy chicken and spring veggies in a delightful lemony garlic-butter sauce. This is how we do it, people!

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
2 cups chopped kale leaves
1 cup chopped asparagus
1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
2 dashes each salt and black pepper
One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown) I substitute EVOO
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 lemon, cut into 3 wedges

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.

Lay veggies on the center of the foil. Sprinkle with a dash each of salt and pepper.

Season chicken with remaining dash each of salt and pepper, and place over the veggies. Dollop with butter and sprinkle with garlic.

Place one lemon wedge at the right edge of the veggies and another at the left edge, so that cut sides of each wedge are laying flat against the foil. Squeeze remaining lemon wedge over the chicken. Cover with another large piece of foil.

Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.

Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut packet to release steam before opening entirely. (Careful -- steam will be hot.) Serve with cooked lemon wedges for extra squeezing!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Great way for me to get my veggies in my belly!
You'd also have to add more chicken (8 oz is a dinner serving)
3.5 c veggies in one meal is a LOT. IP suggests 2 at lunch and 2 at dinner. But this recipe could work with some more modifications (reduce veggies -Kale?, add more chicken and DEFINITELY use EVOO instead of the butter!). I'd also cut back on the lemon. Just a little goes a long way and it has carbs!

Ruth Ann
03-21-2014, 08:30 AM
I do something similar using WF bbq sauce, bell pepper & turnips (or whatever veggies you want). The baking directions are pretty much the same and you get really tender chicken this way. Good over cauli-rice too.

pishposhappelsauce
04-13-2014, 12:54 PM
One of my favorite food bloggers just posted a recipe for Asparagus-Stuffed Deviled Eggs. Thought some IPers might be interested. Seems like a good way to sneak in some veggies and something you can serve to guests. Obviously replace the mayo with WF or something else IP compatible.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/04/asparagus-stuffed-eggs/

Fearciuil
04-15-2014, 10:01 PM
Ingredients
olive oil
2 cups (200g) cauliflower rice
1 cup (101g) celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp minced garlic from jar)
1 egg white
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp thyme
2 tsp chives
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1 lb ground turkey

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. In medium saute pan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Saute cauliflower rice, celery and garlic for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.

3. In medium mixing bowl, lightly beat egg white. Add parsley, thyme, chives, salt, pepper, and turkey. Add cauliflower rice mixture. With clean hands, toss ingredients until combined.

4. Line two 5.75"x3" loaf pans with parchment paper. Divide meat mixture in half by weight and press half into each loaf pan.

5. Bake 40 minutes or until done. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.

Note: Each serving contains 8oz ground turkey and 1.5 cups vegetables.

I tried this tonight, and it was pretty good.

CarbLover443
04-16-2014, 10:07 AM
I'm addicted to this at the moment!

Unstuffed cabbage rolls

1 lb of ground beef or turkey
4 cups of chopped green cabbage
1 small can diced fire roasted tomatoes
2-3 cloves diced garlic
Onion powder
S & P
1/2 cup water

Brown the beef with the garlic and seasonings. Drain, add entire contents of tomato can. Cook for 5 mins. Add cabbage and half of water. Cook until cabbage is soft, add more water if needed to keep things cooking, but not so much that the water won't cook out.

Makes two huge servings.

dtbutler4
04-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone,

I was craving chicken enchiladas with green sauce so I came up with this recipe to satisfy that craving:

Thanks for this recipe Karen, it sounds really filling. I think I will try this next week

dtbutler4
04-30-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm addicted to this at the moment!

Unstuffed cabbage rolls

1 lb of ground beef or turkey
4 cups of chopped green cabbage
1 small can diced fire roasted tomatoes
2-3 cloves diced garlic
Onion powder
S & P
1/2 cup water

Brown the beef with the garlic and seasonings. Drain, add entire contents of tomato can. Cook for 5 mins. Add cabbage and half of water. Cook until cabbage is soft, add more water if needed to keep things cooking, but not so much that the water won't cook out.

Makes two huge servings.

I was planning on making this for dinner tonight!!!! I hope it turns out like I'm dreaming it will.

LUCCILOVE
04-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Made the banana pudding muffins with some we chocolate syrup and Torani like mocha syrup. It was amazing. Will try other combos

bluegingham
04-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Ingredients
olive oil
2 cups (200g) cauliflower rice
1 cup (101g) celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp minced garlic from jar)
1 egg white
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp thyme
2 tsp chives
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1 lb ground turkey

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. In medium saute pan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Saute cauliflower rice, celery and garlic for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.

3. In medium mixing bowl, lightly beat egg white. Add parsley, thyme, chives, salt, pepper, and turkey. Add cauliflower rice mixture. With clean hands, toss ingredients until combined.

4. Line two 5.75"x3" loaf pans with parchment paper. Divide meat mixture in half by weight and press half into each loaf pan.

5. Bake 40 minutes or until done. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.

Note: Each serving contains 8oz ground turkey and 1.5 cups vegetables.

I tried this tonight, and it was pretty good.

My husband just asked for an IP friendly meatloaf recipe!

Deepblue
05-01-2014, 02:58 PM
I am so excited about this recipe that I needed to share. I am sure there must be already a post about this but I can't resist.
I made bread buns using the puree packet following this recipe http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/ideal-protein-recipes/ideal-protein-herb-and-garlic-potato-rolls-recipe/

DELICIOUS and moist! I did not eat them all the first day I cooked and amazingly two days after ( kept in a container) they are still moist and soft. They are delicious and very filling!

I will be be using this definitely when I have to go on a picnic or short trips.

This is how they look!:D

canadjineh
05-01-2014, 03:03 PM
I am so excited about this recipe that I needed to share. I am sure there must be already a post about this but I can't resist.
I made bread buns using the puree packet following this recipe http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/ideal-protein-recipes/ideal-protein-herb-and-garlic-potato-rolls-recipe/

DELICIOUS and moist! I did not eat them all the first day I cooked and amazingly two days after ( kept in a container) they are still moist and soft. They are delicious and very filling!

I will be be using this definitely when I have to go on a picnic or short trips.

These look really good... I think they probably work because there is gluten in the potato puree... I had to check it out as I have to stay Gluten Free. Wishing I had something like this for sandwiches when I was on P1. All I got to have was the chewy tortilla made from Broccoli Cheddar Soup packet. It was OK though, tasty.

dtbutler4
05-08-2014, 07:38 PM

About how many buns did this recipe make for you?

These look really good... I think they probably work because there is gluten in the potato puree... I had to check it out as I have to stay Gluten Free. Wishing I had something like this for sandwiches when I was on P1. All I got to have was the chewy tortilla made from Broccoli Cheddar Soup packet. It was OK though, tasty.

Could you direct me to where I could find the recipe for the broccoli cheddar tortillas? Is it some hidden in the recipes sticky thread?

readytolive
05-11-2014, 01:16 PM

These look absolutely delicious! I'm wondering if I can switch out for the Dixie Diner instant mashers since I can't have the IP ones. Hmmm. :?:

canadjineh
05-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Could you direct me to where I could find the recipe for the broccoli cheddar tortillas? Is it some hidden in the recipes sticky thread?

Here: http://www.idealproteinlg.com/blog/item/23-broccoli-cheese-bread

Really easy, just remember you have to turn it over and cook on both sides.

lisa32989
05-11-2014, 08:12 PM

What has gluten in the potato purée?
Label says contains milk, egg, soybeans.
No wheat or other gluten sources I know about.
Do you avoid all soy due to possible cross-contamination?

lisa32989
06-05-2014, 03:41 PM
I have bunches of favorite recipes

Mockamole (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4827221-post105.html) is in this thread
zucchini muffins (or bread) (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4815317-post89.html)
Cauliflower hummus (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4824045-post97.html)
And this one faux potato salad (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4441471-post428.html)
So many ways to eat well and stay 100% OP

evemomma
06-05-2014, 05:21 PM
LOVE these recipes threads! I forgot how much I loved to be a creative cook until I started IP. Here's my concoction for lunch (sorry no measurements as I only used a small 2 oz can of tuna...saving rest of my meat for a yummy dinner).

Chipotle Tuna Stuffed Peppers:

Albacore Tuna (drained)
sea salt
pepper
pinch of cayenne
garlic powder
diced dill pickles (or sugar free relish?)
WF chipotle ranch dressing (combine to taste in bowl)
Colored Peppers sliced in half to make "cups"

Scooped Tuna Salad into the pepper halves and put on cookie sheet sprayed with Pam. Baked at 350 degrees F until peppers brown on edges.

Mmmmmm..... (Have made had these raw too...or make tuna salad with spicy mustard and top with pickle slice in raw pepper cup)

pishposhappelsauce
06-09-2014, 05:25 PM
My favorite new simple salad dressing. Probably some variation on it here, but I made it this weekend and my boyfriend and I loved it!

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp dijon dressing
2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 packet splenda (more to taste)
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp garlic (I left this out since bf is low fodmap)
salt and pepper

Shake it up in a tupperware or emulsify it in the blender and you're good to go!

tamila
06-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Hey all! What's your favorite recipe to make with the vanilla pudding mix? I know there are many to choose from but what do you LOVE?

Needing something fun today!

canadjineh
06-18-2014, 07:15 PM
What has gluten in the potato purée?
Label says contains milk, egg, soybeans.
No wheat or other gluten sources I know about.
Do you avoid all soy due to possible cross-contamination?

Sorry Lisa just saw this today... I got a list from IP Science dept headquarters through my coach/clinic that had all the products on it & it showed the ones that were labelled GF (ie: 'guaranteed GF') and the ones that were not made with gluten but could not be labelled (possibly due to cross contamination). Potato puree is not checked off in either the 'gluten free' or the 'GF label' columns.
For instance Pina Colada Smoothie and Mushroom soup are checked off in the gluten free column, but due to possible contamination they cannot have a GF label. Same with the Rasp crunch, Caramel crunch, Lemon Poppy seed, Cookies n Crème, & the White Choco bars.
Liana

ChipnDip
06-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Hey all! What's your favorite recipe to make with the vanilla pudding mix? I know there are many to choose from but what do you LOVE?

Needing something fun today!

Only thing I have ever made is a waffle. Nothing exciting. There is a double chocolate cookie recipe. Can't remember if it was pudding or drink mix that could be done with vanilla. The recipe used woopie pie pans but I did it with an ordinary one.

ksdunham
06-18-2014, 08:55 PM

do you eat all 5 as a lunch with 2cups veg?:?:

ChipnDip
06-18-2014, 10:58 PM
do you eat all 5 as a lunch with 2cups veg?:?:

Yes. It only uses one packet. Some people adjust their dinner protein for the egg, other people don't bother especially if you use egg white only.

Gina K.
06-19-2014, 12:37 AM
I need to make the broccoli and cheese bread!

tamila
06-19-2014, 01:29 AM
Only thing I have ever made is a waffle. Nothing exciting. There is a double chocolate cookie recipe. Can't remember if it was pudding or drink mix that could be done with vanilla. The recipe used woopie pie pans but I did it with an ordinary one.

I made a waffle with the pancake syrup and holy wow, Batman! SO GOOD!

evemomma
06-20-2014, 11:52 AM
OK...took a pic of this yesterday b/c I thought it turned out PURTY! This is my version of an Asian Salad/Stir Fry and soooooo easy:

1C cauliflower "rice" (I grated mine using a cheese grater...probably would consider 1/2 c instead as a little goes a long way)
- spray small sauce pan with olive oil and combine grated cauliflower, 1 tsp low salt soy sauce, generous shaking of garlic powder, and a pinch of ginger
- I added just a touch of water to make sure the cauliflower didn't burn and cooked it quickly over high heat to brown it but keep it slightly crunchy

In seperate sprayed pan, I sauteed shredded chicken and 1 cup more veggies of choice (add another 1/2 cup if doing less rice) with MORE low salt soy sauce, galic, black pepper, and ginger.

Spoon rice over lettuce bowl, chicken and veggies on top and then top with some WF Sesame Ginger dressing....DELISH!

Next time, I think I will definitely add mushroom and green onions (didn't have any) to the stir fry. I am also playing around with adding egg to my cauliflower rice the way fried rice is served at Chinese Restaurants.

Having fun with your food everyone!!!!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l243/eve_62025/Mobile%20Uploads/20140619_122713.jpg

IP43
07-12-2014, 11:38 AM
I don't know if these have been posted anywhere -- or even where I got them. They're in my "stash" of IP stuff but since strawberry season is upon us I was looking for my strawberry rhubarb stuff and found all these treasures to share (if there is a better format let me know -- cut and paste seems "big" but it won't let me upload the file)

Things you can do with rhubarb and "fake" apples. Enjoy.

Rhubarb Jello
1/2 c. stevia
1 c. water
A few drops red food coloring
4 c. rhubarb, peeled and diced
1 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry Jello, dry
Boil 5 minutes. Peel and dice the rhubarb. Put in the stevia and water. Let come to a boil (I like my rhubarb cooked soft). Then add one 3 ounce package dry Jello right out of the box. Stir and let cool and set.

Rhubarb gelatin
boiled up some frozen rhubarb and let most of the water evaporate, then added some strawberries and cooked until tender, mashed it with a fork until blended. I think the correct ratio is 1 whole tbsp gelatin per two cups liquid, so try 1 cup cold rhubarb/strawberry mash to 1 tbsp gelatin, let it dissolve, then 1 cup of the warm mash, plus some sweetener. I used stevia packets. The flavor combo of rhubarb and strawberry is amazing... I'm going to try it with the WF strawberry jam

Rhubarb upside down cake
I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Rhubarb flatbread
You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while a cup of cooked rhubarb (mashed up), about 1/4 c of egg whites (I think that's 2 egg whites), 1 scoop of the protein powder, 2 packets of stevia powder, and a good shake of cinnamon (which I am now obsessed with putting in everything). I wasn't sure how sweet that would make it, and I didn't want to taste raw egg whites, so I just baked it and figured I could always sprinkle more on later. Then I spread it out to about 1/8-1/4", baked in a 350F oven until it looked brown, then flipped it over and kept baking until it looked brown and crisp.because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
cut up some fresh rhubarb, added some WF strawberry jam and a little water, zapped it in the microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes

RHUBARB "PIE”
Rhubarb (3-5 stalks)
1/2 TB (more or less to your taste. 2-3 tsp is average) Apple Pie Spice (Cinnamon, Nutmeg, & Allspice) (amount is up to you. I use a lot of rhubarb and like a heavy cinnamon taste.)
2 packages sweetener (Truvia/ Splenda)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Optional: 1 TB Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup (DaVinci/ Torani)
Optional: Spray of "I can't Believe its Not Butter"
DIRECTIONS:
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 C
2. Spray glass pan with "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" or other approved non-stick spray
3. Cut Rhubarb into small pieces
4. In a bowl, mix Rhubarb, sweetener, vanilla, sugar-free syrup and spices together.
5. Place mixture into pan and back for approximately 10 minutes (more or less if you want a bit of crunch (less) or smooshy (more... my fave)

I have also used sugar-free Raspberry syrup on this to balance the sour and give a different taste.

But this is total comfort food treat for me and an excellent way to get in more of your required vegetables without eating yet another salad.

Rhubarb Jello
100 ml of water
500 ml of rhubarb
3 Tbsp Splenda (or to taste)
1 Package Ideal Protein Raspberry Jello
Preparation
In pan on stove, stew chopped rhubarb with 100 ml of water and Splenda. In a separate bowl, prepare Raspberry Jello as directed on package. Combine stewed rhubarb with jello & place in refrigerator. Can be served warm or cold.

Rhubarb Crisp
Preheat oven to 350 Spray a small dish with Pam ( I use a brie baker) Put about a cup cut up of Rhubarb in. Add a package of splenda or sweetner of choice Microwave for 2 minutes, mix it and if not tender give it another minute Mix a packet of IP oatmeal with about 2 ounces of water. Pour it over rhubarb and put it in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Rhubarb Cake
Prepare Rhubarb as for crisp Crush an unopened packet of crispy cereal with a rolling pin Beat two egg whites until frothy Add pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder; 1/4 teaspoon vanilla Fold in the crushed cereal Pour over the rhubarb mixture Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown

RHUBARB GINGERSCOTCH WHOOPIE PIES!!!
1/2 cup rhubarb, (diced in 1/2 inch or smaller pieces) tossed with 1 tablespoon stevia
1 package Ideal oatmeal
1 package Ideal butterscotch pudding
1/8 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp sea salt
sprinkle cinnamon to taste
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ginger from the tube
one egg white, slightly whipped
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp almond roca SF syrup
* If needed…enough water to get a cookie dough texture (i used 1/2 cup)
Directions
Toss rhubarb with stevia to coat and let sit while making the cookie batter.
Combine dry ingredients. Once all dry ingredients have been well mixed stir in the egg white, vanilla, almond roca syrup and rhubarb pieces and any juices from the rhubarb.
then add water to get cookie dough texture. i ended up using 1/2 cup water.
Spray your cookie sheet pan lightly olive oil Pam spray and place 12 cookies on sheet. I rolled them into little balls and then flattened them slightly using my fingertips...i dipped my fingertips into water to keep them from sticking to the cookie dough!!
Bake at 325 for 5-10 minutes or desired degree of moisture. Test center of cookie with toothpick to see if baked.
Allow cookies to cool slightly on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
you can eat them like this....6 cookies = 1 serving....

OR

make whoopie pies using wf marshmallow

Chocolate Rhubarb Ice Cream

Take one really long stock of Rhubarb, chop it like celery throw it in a microwavable bowl with a splash or 2 of water. Microwave for 2 min or so till it really falls a part. Let Cool. Throw cooled Rhubarb into blender, add 1 oz non fat milk, 2 packets of powdered stevia. 1.5 tablespoons of strawberry jam * i used walden farm's calorie free fruit spread) 1 scoop chocolate protein powder and 4 shakes of pumpkin pie spice. Blend until smooth then put in bowl for freezer. That is for one serving.

Take out of freezer and if not sweet enough then add more strawberry. The Protein Powder can be a packet of IP Pudding or drink. I don't drink the 1 oz of milk in the morning and this is the first time I have used milk since this began. I will take a photo tomorrow and post it.

Rhubarb Cheesecake
one cup of rhubarb
Cook the rhubarb until mushy. Blend it with NY cheesecake pudding . Add heaping tsp of WF caramel dip
and 4-5 oz water. Blended it until smooth and then put it in the freezer, stirring a couple times until cold and frosty and it was yummy!

faux apple dessert
large zucchini
cinnamon
Splenda
Directions
Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. Season with cinnamon and Splenda or apple pie spice. Microwave in a small glass dish, covered, for a few minutes for a “baked apple” dessert. *(or the same ingredients can be simmered in a small saucepan with water to create apple butter.)
I made this in the microwave was yummy. If you sprinkle the splenda and the cinnamon and stir together before cooking you could just eat it like that, taste like an apple

Apple Crumble
Another idea is to add it on top of zucchini (I use 1 cup of my allotted veg from dinner or lunch), like an apple crumble...peel and slice zucchini into small-ish pieces (I cut 1/8" slices into quarters), season with spices (I use cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, and a tiny bit of stevia). Cook for a minute or so in microwave. Meanwhile mix the oatmeal with some water and olive oil (1/2tsp) until you get a 'crumble' consistency; then add on top of zucchini and cook for another couple of minutes. I would recommend having it with the vanilla RTE pudding that's been frozen for ~45min (and some WF caramel dip drizzled on top, if you're feeling indulgent).

MOCK BAKED "APPLES" / "APPLE" TART
1 large zucchini
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 pinch salt
2 packets sweetener (like Truvia or Splenda)
1 tsp or more Apple Pie Spice (You can also make your own with recipe below)
1 tsp vanilla or 1 TB DaVinci/Torani Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup
for Tart:
Make IP Oatmeal according to directions (Can use a bit less water)
Directions:
1. Cut zucchini into circular disks, then cut in half to make apple slices
2. Toss together zucchini, lemon juice and salt. Place mixture into frying pan and cook until tender-crisp.
Note: If you are concerned about using so much lemon juice, you can cut it to 2TB. It will still taste great, but won't have a "syrupy" texture. Just make sure not to dry out when baking.
3. Midway through cooking the zucchini, add in the spices, sweetener, and vanilla. I use more than 1 tsp of the spice because I like it strong.
4. If making just the apples, lightly spray a glass pie pan with cooking spray or "I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter" spray. Lay down the zucchini pies like a pie. Drizzle over the top any extra lemon juice.
5. Bake in oven at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 15-30 minutes until done. (taste at 15 min. Less time is crisp apple. More time is soft apple)
Note that the lemon juice can be quite strong. You can add a bit more sweetener to cut the sour. I use the Sugar-Free Vanilla syrup to raise the sweetness without the risk of too much of the sweetener packets. Also good with Sugar-Free Toasted Marshmallow.
If you are making the tart, make the IP Oatmeal according to directions (maybe use a bit less water) and spoon into the glass pie pan with non-stick spray. Layer "apples" on top. Bake according to directions.
The taste of the tart is quite good, but not quite what I expected and I don’t like using a restricted product (oatmeal) for this when the regular baked apples by themselves are so good.

Zucchini "Apple" Chips
Using a mandolin slice 1 small zucchini into slices between 1/16" and 1/8" (I did 1/16 but if you went a little thicker they would have some more bite to them). Lay them out on a silicone baking mat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your choice of seasonings:
Sweet: 1 pkt Splenda mixed with cinnamon
Savory: Sea Salt and seasoning of your choice (I used a lemon herb seasoning)
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes checking frequently. Mine turned a little brown in the middle but they weren't burnt, just crunchy and delicious!! (if you're using a silicone baking sheet bake for 10-15 min and then turn so the other side will dry out, return to oven and bake another 3-5 minutes).

RosiePosie101
07-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks IP43. I just got some rhubarb today from the supermarket. Looking forward to trying some of these recipes!

lisa32989
07-12-2014, 02:21 PM
I make my rhubarb by cooking it down, adding plain gelatin and red mio.

Pretty simple :)

Easy to know how much I started with before cooking it down so I know how many single-serving dishes it made

kathy72
07-12-2014, 04:54 PM
I made a waffle with the pancake syrup and holy wow, Batman! SO GOOD!

Yes, I love the waffle too! :D I find it sweet enough though, even without the syrup.

oneuh2
08-11-2014, 08:40 PM
I found this guidance on making pasta from zuke on Low Carb Diets at Ask.com -- these steps will make it a bit more pasta like. I think I would use our sea salt for the brine.

Preparation:

1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel strips off zucchini, working your way around the squash. They can be as wide or as narrow as you like. Keep going until you reach the seeds (a few seeds won't matter, but you don't want it to be too seedy). You can also use a mandolin for this. (Note: if you're counting carbs, weigh the noodles at this point. Zucchini carb profile, including carb counts, etc.)

2. Put the zucchini strips in a colander or strainer, sprinkle a liberal amount of salt over them, and toss to coat. Use perhaps a quarter teaspoon of or a little more of salt for several cups of strips. Put the colander over a bowl and put a small plate on top to squeeze out the juice as it emerges. To speed things up, put some kind of weight on the plate such as a can of food. You can leave it like this for an hour, or up to 24 hours (they get more solid over time, but most of the action happens in the first hour). If you think of it, toss the strips with your fingers at some point to make sure the brine is well-distributed.

3. Rinse the salt off and either press the excess water out (you can just return it to the colander/plate setup) or spread the "noodles" out on a cotton dish towel (not terry cloth, or you may get lint.

twinmom2006
08-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Plan on making this tonight!!! Thanks for posting.

I threw this together after getting some shrimp on sale and craving a "scampi" type dish. It was yummy! I ate mine over Zucchini noodles (use a julienne peeler to make noodles, saute in a little EVOO until tender) and the kids and hubby had theirs over Whole Wheat angel hair pasta.

GARLIC SHRIMP
3 servings
Ingredients:

14oz College Inn fat free, low sodium chicken broth (or homemade)
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 1/4 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined

In a skillet over medium high heat, combine broth, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, turmeric and paprika. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture reduces by about half.

Add shrimp, return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until shrimp is pink and cooked through (about 5 minutes).

Serve immediately over cooked zucchini noodles.

Briael
08-31-2014, 02:37 AM
These are my standard meatballs. The only difference is that I don't put the red onion into the meatballs before cooking. I serve raw red onion in a bowl on the table and we eat them with the meatballs.

Serves 2 (makes 14 meatballs)

16 oz 93-99% lean ground beef (better results with 93)
1 medium whole egg
6 medium button mushrooms chopped into small cubes
2 cups of chopped raw cabbage
1/2 red onion
1 tbsp garlic pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Lightly boil the cabbage until the "hardness" become crunchy but not crispy. Do not cook it completely as it will finish in the oven.

Break the ground beef into small pieces. Add spices, mushroom, cabbage and egg. Mix thoroughly and shape into cupped hand size balls.

Bake at 350F for 20 mins (10 mins per side). EDIT: We live at 4000ft, so cooking time may be longer for sea level dwellers.

This actually accounts for just under 2 cups of vegetables per person, so you can serve it with broccoli or a red pepper reduction (boil them down with some balsamic vinegar and a little stevia) if you're using only the packets during the rest of the day.

My nieces absolutely love these. Easy family dinner food, too, just add spaghetti and a sauce for those who aren't on IP.

Note: Of the 7 meatballs each, I can't manage more than 4 and 6'3 hubby eats 5, so you have the leftovers for lunch the next day with a non-tomato salad for P1.

JackieGee
08-31-2014, 11:11 AM
OK...took a pic of this yesterday b/c I thought it turned out PURTY! This is my version of an Asian Salad/Stir Fry and soooooo easy:

1C cauliflower "rice" (I grated mine using a cheese grater...probably would consider 1/2 c instead as a little goes a long way)
- spray small sauce pan with olive oil and combine grated cauliflower, 1 tsp low salt soy sauce, generous shaking of garlic powder, and a pinch of ginger
- I added just a touch of water to make sure the cauliflower didn't burn and cooked it quickly over high heat to brown it but keep it slightly crunchy

In seperate sprayed pan, I sauteed shredded chicken and 1 cup more veggies of choice (add another 1/2 cup if doing less rice) with MORE low salt soy sauce, galic, black pepper, and ginger.

Spoon rice over lettuce bowl, chicken and veggies on top and then top with some WF Sesame Ginger dressing....DELISH!

Next time, I think I will definitely add mushroom and green onions (didn't have any) to the stir fry. I am also playing around with adding egg to my cauliflower rice the way fried rice is served at Chinese Restaurants.

Having fun with your food everyone!!!!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l243/eve_62025/Mobile%20Uploads/20140619_122713.jpg

Looks delicious. I'll try this tonight!

Ruth Ann
11-10-2014, 10:16 PM
I thought this was a good place to share this website:

http://www.lowfatlowcarb.com/index.html

Lots and lots of great recipes. My coach told me about it Wednesday and I have gotten a ton of ideas!

scorbett1103
11-11-2014, 10:12 AM
I thought this was a good place to share this website:

http://www.lowfatlowcarb.com/index.html

Lots and lots of great recipes. My coach told me about it Wednesday and I have gotten a ton of ideas!

I think someone shared that yesterday too - it's a Chef Verati website so we know it's IP friendly!!