Old 08-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies,

We are going through a re-org at work and I'm crazy busy with putting in forms to move people from one cost center to another, writting up Org annoucements and scheduling the Org annoucement meeting for tomorrow.

Why am I always crazy busy?!

I am doing well with food because I can not eat! My mouth has been really sore since Saturday and I saw my dentist and I have foot, hand and mouth disease! I have no idea how i got it. I'm on meds and should be feeilng better in 5 days!

Carri: I LOVE fair food. When I go I tell myself I can have two things. I try to make them things that I can't get easily anywhere else, so for me, it is a funnel cake and cotton candy.

How are you feeling today? Back on track?

Dee: So good to hear from you! We have a alpaca farm about 5 miles from my house and I pass it everyday going to get on the interstate.

Your time with your grandbabies sounds like such a nice time.

Ok..need to get back to work..just wanted to pop in.

Oh..it's in the 80's here today and feels so good..no humidity! But we will be back in the 90's tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #17  

My mouth feels better today, but still sticking to soft food.

I had picked up a couple of Weight Watcher meals for lunch and I had the Three Cheese Zita Marinara. Which is really good by the way.

I wondered in the marinara would sting but I just kept drinking water and swishing my mouth with water and it's all good. I also had a piece of bread and butter and watermelon.

Walked for 30 min last night with my walking partner. We will do the elpitical or bikes tonight for 30 min and then lift some weights.

I do have a TOPS meeting this Thursday and I can't wait to go! It's been so long.

Food for August 7

Breakfast: 1 Etemin (sp?) mini coffee cake
Lunch: 1/2 peanut butter sandwich, macc and cheese and pear slices
Dinner:1 cup of mashed potatoes, 2 cups of green beans, 2 cups of ice cream
Old 08-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #18  
It is what it is...

Evening Girls

Susie - no I am still struggling a bit this week...I know I will turn it around though, I think my fair food day on Friday is making me think why bother till that is past, lol But on a brighter note I am going to start taking Zumba classes at a local place starting next Tuesday ...gonna do them at least 2 times a week but maybe three ..it is $8 a class and there is no committment, you either show up and do it or you don't ...plus they have a great schedule, there is a class right when I get off work and it is on my way home...so I am excited to try it.

Hand, Foot and Mouth ??? I thought only little kids got that ...well I am glad you are starting to feel better from it. All of your "soft" foods sound good, haha

I had chinese for lunch today, it was my brothers bday yesterday so I took him out for lunch today and gave in to temptation ...I had the fried rice and an eggroll ...rice always makes my diabetic blood sugar get VERY high, so I didn't feel food all afternoon ...well I did it, so I paid for it...anyhow it tasted good.

Well have a good evening ladies ....
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #19  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hand, Foot and Mouth I thought that's what we get after 2-3 drinks

Sounds painful I'm happy that u found some yummy foods that r soothing to eat.

Susie & Carri I am always IMPRessed w the work-outs that u both do. I did Zumba before & it is fun. B prepared to b a hot mess, at least sweating is a good thing for weight loss.

Breakfast:
2 slices pizza w. pineapple, green peppers, mushrooms.
Cherry Dr.Pepper
Lunch:
bowl of grape tomatos
battered onion rings
ham sandwich
Supper:
2 creme filled Long-jon donuts
chocolate milk

I'm still hungry....

Susie what was your phone # again? I may have to call u to help me not to snack, get my mind off the yummies. It's sad that I can't call my tops friends, they seem to b jealous & think I'm strong. I told them I also need help sometimes, oh well.

I have WI in the morning, I hope I'm ok. Good Luck @ your WI tomorrow night, so many girls r on summer vacation @ ours.

Have a great week girls!
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #20  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies ….

Dee – OMG your yesterday’s menu looks good ….I have been craving doughnuts FOREVER …I may just have to get it out of my system and get some, haha …and onion rings? Mmmmmm …tomorrow afternoon at the fair I plan on getting some of their deep fried veggies, probably onion rings and mushrooms …look out heart burn here I come lol

Glad to hear you liked Zumba, I have never tried it before but hear a lot of women say they like it…I just hope I can get the moves down and not look like an idiot …I will be at back of the class for sure, haha …at least for the first few
And yeah, sweating is good for you so I like that part of it …however I get REALLY red faced when I work out …sometimes people get worried, so not looking forward to that part ….

Hi Suse !

I am starving today for some reason, woke up that way ….not good …stormed here all last night and it kept waking me up …very thankful for the rain but the thunder and lightening can stay away …I guess we are suppose to get more severe storms this afternoon and evening …like I said, love the rain, but the thought of hail damage to my new car makes me sick …but another good thing is it is bringing in MUCH cooler weather for me tomorrow at the fair …only gonna be like 78 and cloudy, yippee !! Great day for it.

Okay better get back to work.

See ya
Old 08-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #21  

Hi!

So good to see posts from both of you (Dee and Carri)

Dee: I will email you my phone number again. I am happy to help when I can.

I used to do Zumba 3 times a week and I LOVED it. It didn't feel like a workout because it was so much fun! You are right that it will make you sweat!

Carri: Your fair food sounds great and you will have a good night, weather wise for it on Friday. I'm looking forward to the cooling off that is coming.

I get very red-faced when working out too..it's just because we are so fair..this even happens to me when I am in the pool.

Try and eat some extra protein when you are hungry; at least that is a tip I have read.

Another tip I picked up from the Extreme Weight Loss guy is that room tempature water will help you to feel fuller than ice cold water.

My mouth almost back to normal but taking it easy still..no crunch things for me right now.

08-08-12 MenuBreakfast: 1 mini Entemann's Mini Crumb Cake--that thing has 250 calories in it!
Lunch: WW Smart meal: Three Cheese Zita Marinara, 1 p. of bread and butter, watermeln
Dinner: McDonalds cheeseburger (yep..you read that right..I was craving in--I crave meat about 2 times a year), small fry and mini m&m mcflury.

Exercise: 30 min weight training; we didn't feel like doing cardio, so we didn't! We allow s a break every once in awhile.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 08-10-2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #22  
It is what it is...

"this even happens to me when I am in the poo" Susie ......................sorry I know that was a typo but it has really made me laugh ................... lol
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #23  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Girls

Hmmm, I get red-faced even in the winter when my body starts to overheat. I'm a natural strawberry blonde & light & have lots of natural red-head aunts/cousins; we're Irish. People do get concerned & I do get out of breath quicker, than people I'm with. I've just always tried harder to b like them & not feel like the weird friend.
I feel really bad for the people that are nick-named gingers & albino's, it so cruel to b bullied when it's not our fault how we r born.

I was only down 1/2 pd @ WI yesterday.....just too much heat & food this summer to deal with daily.... Fall will soon b here & the pds willlll come off again

Have a fabulous weekend girls

Breakfast: skipped it.
Lunch: Subway--breakfast flatbread sandwich w steak/egg/cheese & loaded w veggies, no sauce. Ice tea
Supper: battered onion rings, grilled Denver steak, grilled corn on the cob. Ice tea
snack: pop slushee sprinkled w blueberries.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #24  

Short post tonight--dealing with a headache!

Dee: Hey, 1/2 pound loss is better than a 1/2 gain....you are right fall will be here soon and it will be easier to get out and move and not have water rention from the heat.

Carri: OMG! My typo was so funny! I saw on Facebook that you are enjoing the fair. Have fun and enjoy it!

I had a 1.5 lb loss on Thursday at TOPS!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #25  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Ladies!!!! How is everyone? I cant count how many times I have thought "I need to get on my laptop and update the girls" yet I havent done it I wish they had an app for this site to make replying on my phone easier! Hope everyone is doing well!

I have broke the 190s and 180s! Lowest I've seen is 179 which still boggles my mind! I am changing my ticker to 182 just to be safe. My weight loss has slowed so many I need to stop obsessing over it and just chill. stepping on the scale literally every time I go in the bathroom is a bit much. Hope you are all doing well!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #26  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies …had a fan-tab-u-lous weekend ….awesome weather, spent time with friends, and just did a lot of stuff. Friday we went to the state fair around noon, ate our weight in fried food, then off to another city where we walked around, got treats for our dog, had a drink at a local place, stopped at a smoke shop ( dh smokes sometimes, not me ) …then we did some more shopping and ended up at my favorite sushi place for dinner …long day Friday but it was so nice…me and dh had a lot of fun together …weather was perfect for walking all around…then Saturday we cooked out a friends house for dinner, left there at 10:30…had other friends call us, went over to their house and didn’t come home till nearly 2am …so needless to say I slept in late on Sunday…Sunday was lazy for us…we only got out once and that was to go to the grocery store …but the weather was still great …so just a great busy weekend….

I hear the weather is gonna be nice like this off and on this week, and I will take it !!!!

Probably put on 5lbs at the fair so didn’t weigh myself this week …got my first Zumba class tomorrow evening so hopefully that will sweat out some of the fried food calories, haha

Dee – I am just like that, anytime I get hot ( winter too ) I get really flushed…I don’t like it but it comes with the fair skin territory I guess….not looking forward to it at the zumba class tomorrow, but it is what it is I guess.

Susie – headache gone? Hope you didn’t have all weekend….congrats on the loss to both you and Dee !!!!!

Mel – yay for stopping in !! we get lonely over here sometimes, haha ….I can’t wait to be in the 170’s like you ….GREAT job !!!

Back to the grindstone ( so to speak ) for me today after a bad weekend of eating starting with the fair ….my body feels super sluggish and tired from all the fat and sugars ….hoping to do some detoxing this week with my better eating and all the sweating from the zumba !!!

Have a great day girls !!!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #27  

Last night after I got in bed it occured to me that I hadn't posted yesterday.

This sort of think kept happening to me yesterday, like when I got off work, I went to my car, put my laptop in the truck, got in the car and started it. I think it was about 3-5 minutes after I started the car that I realized I was sitting in the passenger side with the car running! I think I might have too much on my mind!

Tonight I'll be at the Y with my walking partner..it's "hills" night on the treadmill!

Carri: I can't wait to hear what you think of Zumba. Just have fun...don't worry that you don't know the routine or steps..they will come..just have fun!

Drink your water to help detox.

Mel: 170's?! AWESOME! So nice to see you here.

Dee: Missing you!

I'm just plugging away. Sunday I was off plan but got back on yesterday.

August 13th Food JournalB=1 strawberry greek yogurt
L=Omlete with cheese and veggies and side order of hashbrowns at Ihop (meet a friend for lunch)
Snack: 2 Reese Cups
D=Bob Evans: loaded baked potato, side salad with colonial dressing, 1 WW ice cream bar.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #28  
It is what it is...

Afternoon ladies ….man, someone just popped a bag of kettle corn here and the smell is filling the air, smell sooooooooooo good.

How are you all today? It is a dark cloudy day here today and it is making me tired , but I better turn that around because tonight is : ZUMBA !!

My stomach is actually a little odd, hurting since lunch, hope that goes away …

Susie – oh that is hilarious, sounds like something I would do and dh would belly laugh over …woman you better relax and take some time to just decompress , lol …you do such a great job with your exercising …you inspire me.

Hi Dee and Mel !

It’s like time is standing still here at work this afternoon, and maybe it is because I am anxious about the Zumba …

Missed HK last night so gonna have to watch it on Demand ( Comcast ) tonight I guess if I have time …I saw The Voice is starting back on Sept 10th …yay, love that show …well all the shows in primetime are starting back in Sept, yay to that, I am sick of watching nothing but repeats and Big Brother, haha.

Well back to work ….have a good one.

Will let you know how goes the zumba tomorrow …wish me luck …

Menu yesterday …

Breakfast – egg mcmuffin from McD’s
Lunch – Turkey and Swiss Sandwich on wheat , fruit cup, and Starbucks green tea
Snack – Nature Valley Granola Bar
Dinner – beef stir fry with shirataki noodles
Evening Snack – gouda cheese on crackers
Old 08-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #29  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ……..okay first let me say………………that Zumba KICKED my butt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not prepared for what a full non stop hour of high intensity aerobic activity was going to be like , lol ….Half way thru I was about ready to drop and we still had a half hour left …BUT I did get thru the full hour without stopping and that makes me VERY proud of myself ….I didn’t think I could do it when we first started …I will definitely be going back…my heart rate was high I know, I am sure I burned a lot of calories last night….a lot…If I am going to keep doing this I need to get one of those nice heart rate monitors that you wear during exercise so I can see just how many calories I am burning.

Hi Mel, Susie, and Dee – hope you are all having a good day.

I know Mel’s boys started back to school today and she is sad, so

Menu for yesterday:

Breakfast: egg mcmuffin
Lunch: Turkey and Swiss Panini with serving of Sun Chips
Snack – protein bar before Zumba )
Dinner – chicken tenders
Snack – one sea salt caramel

*** obviously not the best evening snack, lol …but I had to have one, these are from Whole Foods and they are delicious !!!! Just one square though is 85 calories …could be worse…but it is all sugar …stop trying to justify it Carri, you had one and get over it !!!!!!

Last edited by Satine; 08-15-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #30  

Hi Ladies,

It's lunch time and I actually took my computer from my desk and took it to a break area so I could have lunch with all of you!

My wokout was great last night. We kicked it up from a incline of 1 to a incline of 3 and went at it for 45 min. I was tired when I got home but felt good.

Tonight is in the weight-room and we are adding some legs to the mix. We will do squats and then the machines that work the inner and outter thighs, then all upper body using machines or free weights. Last week for check we used the bar, which weighs 45 lbs and then added 5 lbs on each end so was working with a total of 55 lbs. At one time I did it with a total weight of 75 lbs...working to get there again.

You know one area I don't work much is my core or my abs and I find myself slouching when I sit and when I stand. I think I'm going to start being more aware and start sitting and standing up straight and I will figure out how to add some core work in there too.

Carri: I am SOOOOO proud of YOU for doing Zumba....look at you!
You are right that it is a intense workout but wasn't it a blast?

Your food looked good for yesterday and don't worry about that snack..I remember Liz told me once that she planned something like that every day into her meal plan and it worked for her. I have been doing the same thing as I must have some sort of little sweet after a meal.

As for the kettle corn..that always smells so good! I was just in our break room and someone left cake! YIKES!

Dee: It's very lonely here without you. I hope to hear from you soon. I sent you my phone number yesterday via email..did you get it?

Mel: I know you are missing your boys today.

Food for Aug 14
Breakfast: Quaker Oat Strawberry Yogurt bar
Lunch: Smart One Cheese Ravioli with spinich in a marina sauce (it was yummy!), 1 no bake cookie
Snack: hand full of fritos (was craving salt and crunchy)
Dinner: Stuffed pepper that I used to make a burrito
Snack: 1 Klondike bar