Weight and Resistance Training - April Chat

View Full Version : April Chat

Tejas
04-01-2012, 04:24 PM
New pages for those who want to chat about weight lifting in general and post the routines you are doing.

:strong: :lifter:

fitmom
04-01-2012, 06:54 PM
I have only 7 more workouts left in my NROL4W program. This final stage is kicking my butt!! It's all about high volume reps and sets. Killer.

Tejas
04-02-2012, 12:14 AM
I have the book, but haven't done the routines. I've been depending on my trainer. Maybe I should start doing them on days I'm not working out with trainer--allowing rest days, of course.

sontaikle
04-02-2012, 06:33 AM
Hey ladies, can I join in?

I've been doing my own thing for about a month or so now where I train three days a week and have cardio thrown in on other days. Altogether I exercise five or six times a week. I cut down a lot and have been eating more and WOW have I seen results. Quality over quantity I guess, right?

I have a silly goal, but it's to eventually be able to climb up the side of my garage. I've been watching too much Parkour, you know? ;)

Monday I do a full bodyweight routine at my nearby playground. Once I get better at pull ups I'll probably be strong enough to climb something.

Wednesday I take a weight lifting class that I count as a medium weight training day

Saturday I get to the gym before a class I like to take and do some heavy weight training.

I've made some great strength gains. On Saturday I deadlifted my own body weight!! I was so proud! :)

Tejas
04-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Of course, you can join in! Welcome. It is sometimes very quiet here, other times not.

You can do pullups and dead lift your body weight! Good for you. :cheer2:
I can't do the pullups with the assist machine, and am about 20 pounds light of deadlifting my body weight.

Rana
04-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I think I need to start adding some weight training to my routine.

Currently, I spin or ride my bike 3 times a week, and I do pilates (matt class) 3 times a week. My "rest" day is Friday.

What can I do as a beginner? I have access to a tiny gym with free weights and an ancient Nautilus machine.

Tejas
04-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Sorry that I have been missing in action here. I've not been feeling well and have done limited weight work recently.

Rana, do you have the book new Rules of Lifting for Women? If not, it would be a good place to start.

Rana
04-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks, I'll take a look at that book.