Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat 2/11 - Sun 2/12

wuv2bloved
02-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

wuv2bloved
02-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Good morning everyone, I made it to mom's in all of the nasty weather there was today. Lots of rain going on down here and getting cold again. I took my time, had my water and veggies to snack on for the 3 hour drive. I did have to stop on the other side of Baton Rouge for a potty break, because traffic was starting to back up and all I kept thinking was....if you get stuck in traffic you are going to PEE your pants.....lol....So I stopped before I had to "go" too bad.

Hopefully tomorrow it won't be too bad with rain and cold, we are going shopping in Lafayette. Going to River Ranch Fresh Market to get dehydrated okra and green beans, Drug Emporuim for some Vitamins, World Market for Divincy syrups and shopping for a new outfit for the funeral on Monday. We did go shopping in her close tonight though and I fit in a 2x shirt now so I have a couple of "everyday" shirts to bring back with me. I hadn't been here since Christmas so when I walked in Mom said.....WOW you can really see a difference now :) I can't wait til my niece and nephews see me tomorrow. You know how they say outta the mouths of babes? yea that is the reaction's I will get from them. Last time the youngest said....Taunt Lisa you are SHRINKING!!!!!....we will see what he says tomorrow....Hope everyone has a great day!

alex1space
02-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Wuv I went to River Ranch Fresh Market the other day. It is nice... but VERY expensive! If you are looking for regular veggies try Fresh Pickins first. They have an amazing selection, but I don't think they have any dried stuff. They have great prices too. Hours are 7-7 every day.

tenniels
02-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Good to hear from you Wuv!!!! Sorry to hear about your family's loss.

Ducksmy
02-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Wuv,
I am sorry for your loss. May God wrap your family with loving arms.
I hope everyone has an OP day. 3rd WI today. Feeling pretty good about it.
I have been 100% OP. Everyone stay warm, and keep safe today!

newmom7611
02-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Wow what a week! I haven't written but I've been reading. Good job everyone!! Wuv- i'm sorry for your loss.

where to start---my fiancé was offered a new job making ALOT more than what he is now.. He's going to take it (obviously)... That was awesome news because we've been struggling to get bills paid. (this diet doesn't help) the second awesome thing that happened was that amazing 4 lb weight loss this week (even on TOM!) that brought me into the 140s :) third thing-- I got my old HS jeans on and got lots of compliments that same day ;) one of my mini goals was to get them on by valentines day. Achieved!! And last but certainly not least, I got accepted to Johns Hopkins!!!! The shock is finally beginning to wear off but oh my goodness !! I worked my @$$ off in school so that I could have a chance to get into JH. (applicants have a 7% chance of get in--into the field I got into ) like I said, what a week!!! Feeling very blessed. Hope everyone else had a great week and it continues thru the weekend!

Ducksmy
02-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Way to go newmom7611! I am sooo happy for you! Congrats on everything!
:congrat:

Hopeful in Canada
02-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Hello everyone;
I have been OP for 3 days now and am shocked how easy it is. Of course, I have had a couple of struggles...the first day my body which was used to eating 6 times a day is wondering why I am not feeding it although I wasn't hungry like on other programs and secondly I wanted sugar so bad. But I am proud to say that I have made it to day 4 without bending to temptation. I am so excited about this program and look forward to the weight loss.

mtnsun4
02-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Wow what a week! I haven't written but I've been reading. Good job everyone!! Wuv- i'm sorry for your loss.

where to start---my fiancé was offered a new job making ALOT more than what he is now.. He's going to take it (obviously)... That was awesome news because we've been struggling to get bills paid. (this diet doesn't help) the second awesome thing that happened was that amazing 4 lb weight loss this week (even on TOM!) that brought me into the 140s :) third thing-- I got my old HS jeans on and got lots of compliments that same day ;) one of my mini goals was to get them on by valentines day. Achieved!! And last but certainly not least, I got accepted to Johns Hopkins!!!! The shock is finally beginning to wear off but oh my goodness !! I worked my @$$ off in school so that I could have a chance to get into JH. (applicants have a 7% chance of get in--into the field I got into ) like I said, what a week!!! Feeling very blessed. Hope everyone else had a great week and it continues thru the weekend!

Congrats!! A lot of wonderful things happening in your life. Good for you for getting into Johns Hopkins. I know that is very tough!

mtnsun4
02-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Wuv- Sorry to hear of your familiies loss. My thoughts are with you.

Another conference day for me! At least it will not be as late. Wondering what type of food will be served. I have to get to the store after the conference because I am out of "on the go veggies". I have an egg and my IP packet of dill zippers. Need some veggies! Hoping they at least have a salad. :-)

Have a good one!

WingnutandMe
02-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Good morning all. Everyone has such good news (sorry for your loss WUV, but you are replacing it with some good experiences now). I only had a 2 lb loss at my WI last night, but I know it's water retention. I could tell it starting yesterday and it has gotten even worse now (only up once last night - once is very unusual for someone in their 60s). I am OP, but have a condition called lymphedema. Sometimes it works like a thirsty sponge and now is one of those times. Oh well, I know I will eventually have a great loss. Though I'm very pleased with my 15 lbs in 25 days. I'm keeping positive and OP.

Thanks for all the encouragement this site provides, plus OP tips and great recipes.

It's off to get car parts and maybe pick up a 1941 Chevy to add to our classic collection.

And a final super congrats to newmom on JH, we had a family friend go there and know that you are very special to make the cut. Kudos.

AussieonIP
02-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Good Morning All,

Happy OP Weekend to all,

Had a great week, so far according to my scales this morning have lost a total of 14.9 pounds! in just 16 days, so defiantly over the moon!

Take care all,

Cheers/S....

Shayideal
02-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Happy weekend everyone! Wuv, sorry for your loss.
I have to share my amazing OP fish fry last night. My parents invited us over for fish and knew to leave enough for me out separate so I could prepare it for me. I took the crispy cereal and breaded my fish. I dipped the fillets in egg whites first and then breaded and fried in grape seed oil. They were so delicious! I felt like I was eating what everyone else was. It was fantastic!! I have never been so motivated! I hit onederland this week. 199.5 counts, right? :)

ipsbest4me
02-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Hello everyone;
I have been OP for 3 days now and am shocked how easy it is. Of course, I have had a couple of struggles...the first day my body which was used to eating 6 times a day is wondering why I am not feeding it although I wasn't hungry like on other programs and secondly I wanted sugar so bad. But I am proud to say that I have made it to day 4 without bending to temptation. I am so excited about this program and look forward to the weight loss.

Welcome Hopeful! You have every reason to feel hopeful with IP. Best diet EVER!:)

shiipa
02-11-2012, 10:36 AM
I have found that I like the RTD shakes best. I add the cappuccino and the occasional pudding in the evening. After completing Week 2, I can replace one shake with a restricted item. I like to alternate between the BBQ, Cheddar, and Dill Zippers and maybe a bar at breakfast once a week, washing down the sweetness with some coffee:).
I have found that I can't finish a bag of crunchies as one meal/snack so I use the leftovers between breakfast and lunch along with some cucumber salad. It seems to work and satisfies my salt cravings. :D

shiipa
02-11-2012, 10:38 AM
I have to share my amazing OP fish fry last night. My parents invited us over for fish and knew to leave enough for me out separate so I could prepare it for me. I took the crispy cereal and breaded my fish. I dipped the fillets in egg whites first and then breaded and fried in grape seed oil. They were so delicious! I felt like I was eating what everyone else was. It was fantastic!! I have never been so motivated! I hit onederland this week. 199.5 counts, right? :)

Congratulations!
I want to try that. I am really loving fish right now. Have a different kind each night.

Becky64
02-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Morning everyone! Only day 6 for me and is getting a little easier. Yes, I have cheated and stepped on the scale to see if I am losing, and a smile has come on my face! Weigh in won't be until Tues. I have a question - which has better flavor? WF pancake syrup or Da Vinci SF pancake syrup? I made waffles this morning and had the WF pancake syrup but I get an after taste. Not sure if it is the IP pudding or the syrup. I have also tried some of the WF salad dressings, and well.... did not care for them. I have found an alternative, thanks to the recipes on this website and to Ideal Protein - Lohja, Finland facebook page! Have a good day!;)

Becky64
02-11-2012, 10:52 AM
sounds yummy! I am going to have to try this!:cp:

Renewing Myself
02-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Good morning everyone, I am still plugging along doing great. I didn't lose as much as I would have liked this week and not really sure why it was a bit of a lower loss, but I am happy the scale is going down!

I had a couple of days of being quite dizzy last week and I think it was because I didn't get enough food in me and possibly my body decided it better hold on to that extra weight.

I am going on a cruise at the end of March and have been thinking what I will do, just go off the diet for a week and eat lots of salads and meat on the ship or try to do a simplified version and maybe have 1 shake a day? Any ideas ......

Momto2cs
02-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Morning all.
150.1 today. Why can it be 149.9??!!

Sigh!

Off to spin! Then I am planning to try the new potatoes for lunch! Have a great Saturday!

maykatcooper
02-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Morning everyone! Only day 6 for me and is getting a little easier. Yes, I have cheated and stepped on the scale to see if I am losing, and a smile has come on my face! Weigh in won't be until Tues. I have a question - which has better flavor? WF pancake syrup or Da Vinci SF pancake syrup? I made waffles this morning and had the WF pancake syrup but I get an after taste. Not sure if it is the IP pudding or the syrup. I have also tried some of the WF salad dressings, and well.... did not care for them. I have found an alternative, thanks to the recipes on this website and to Ideal Protein - Lohja, Finland facebook page! Have a good day!;)

When we first started IP we bought all the WF products our local coach had... Salad dressings and Marinara. I promptly threw out all but the Marinara. By 3 months in, I liked them all and slowly (filled with guilt) replaced them all and them some.

I have both syrups and take bites with both as both have good but different flavors. It takes a little time for your taste buds to adjust to the aftertastes but all I've heard from do adjust.

The new IP cookbook uses WF products and IP packs in most of the recipes. The WF products are in small quantities and add beautifully to the finished dish. We are really enjoying the new dishes from it.

6 days and a smile on your face. I LOVE IT! You are on an incredibly successful program and your cheat is a great one to hear about. Enjoy!:)

wuv2bloved
02-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Wuv I went to River Ranch Fresh Market the other day. It is nice... but VERY expensive! If you are looking for regular veggies try Fresh Pickins first. They have an amazing selection, but I don't think they have any dried stuff. They have great prices too. Hours are 7-7 every day.

I go to Fresh Pickins every time I come home....lol.....I heard River Ranch market was expensive but I just want to go LOOK and try something different. So we are suppose to be going shope a little later

MaMaZu
02-11-2012, 11:53 AM
http://media-cdn.pinterest.com/upload/73113193920437387_IxRIv1sf_f.jpg

Had to post this.

legacy7
02-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Hi-I'm wondering if it would be ok to offer clothes on this thread?? Can we "trade" clothes?? Could my fat pants be your skinny pants? Could your fat pants be my new skinny pants? I'm going through sizes so fast I hate to keep buying new-and I have size 22s I need to pass on to someone-and soon my size 20. I already gave my 24s away...

Ducksmy
02-11-2012, 12:18 PM
3.8 lbs gone! Happy with that!

purple sky
02-11-2012, 12:21 PM

Congrats, congrats, congrats.

Yayyy....having a skinny day today!

NavyMommy
02-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi-I'm wondering if it would be ok to offer clothes on this thread?? Can we "trade" clothes?? Could my fat pants be your skinny pants? Could your fat pants be my new skinny pants? I'm going through sizes so fast I hate to keep buying new-and I have size 22s I need to pass on to someone-and soon my size 20. I already gave my 24s away...

Bumped a thread for you!! I have some stuff I am going to go through tonight and post too.

maykatcooper
02-11-2012, 12:35 PM
3.8 lbs gone! Happy with that!

Congrats! Smile.

DanafromAustin
02-11-2012, 12:35 PM

What a week for sure. Congrats on getting into John Hopkins, good for you!

I hit onederland this week. 199.5 counts, right? :)
Congratulations on hitting onederland, great job. According to my scale I have 4 more pounds. Can't wait to see that 1 instead of a 2.

I am going on a cruise at the end of March and have been thinking what I will do, just go off the diet for a week and eat lots of salads and meat on the ship or try to do a simplified version and maybe have 1 shake a day? Any ideas ......
I'm going on a cruise in two weeks. I have decided to go to phase 2 for that week, with maybe some Atkins thrown in there. I don't care if I loose that week, I just don't want to gain or get thrown out of ketosis. I will be packing bars and RTD, and basically eating protein and steamed vegetables. I've been on enough cruises to know what a food fest it can be, but I've been on IP long enough now to not care that much.

maykatcooper
02-11-2012, 12:37 PM

Mercy what a great week! And congratulations. The Johns Hopkins news is wonderful! So happy for you. Smile.

jenn2ndtimearound
02-11-2012, 12:46 PM
New here! I have been on ideal protein protocol before and lost 50lbs but ended up getting pregnant with twins. I started back on protocol in dec and Im down 17lbs but I am having a hard hard time sticking with it this time. Just had 3 days of bad eating. Starting fresh today! I started out at 257 and my goal is to get to 150. So glad I found this site! What are your eating schedules like for the day? Fav packets? Hope everyone is having a great day!:D

Oh and how do you make the weight trackers?

NavyMommy
02-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Good morning!!

Wow, congrats to all those SVs and NSVs! It's always so inspiring to read other people's experiences, helps me to realize that I can do it too! And NewMom, congrats on Johns Hopkins, what an opportunity!

Hubby and I had a wonderful date last night at Red Lobster and I was able to just enjoy the little bit of alone time we had together, rather than feeling like I was missing out on something due to the food. It was a great feeling, and I actually really enjoyed my crab legs, broccoli, and salad. It has gotten COLD here in FL so I am staying hunkered down inside getting everything ready for a big consignment sale this weekend.

I also decided to do something I never thought I would do before and enter a contest for a local photographer. Since I have seen my body starting to change I am gaining more confidence in front of the mirror, but my old view of myself at 220 lbs is still the one I carry with me. I really think that if I get some photos taken (something I'm hoping to do regardless) it might help change my view of myself. It's kind of nerve wracking to step out of your box sometimes!!

NavyMommy
02-11-2012, 12:52 PM
New here! I have been on ideal protein protocol before and lost 50lbs but ended up getting pregnant with twins. I started back on protocol in dec and Im down 17lbs but I am having a hard hard time sticking with it this time. Just had 3 days of bad eating. Starting fresh today! I started out at 257 and my goal is to get to 150. So glad I found this site! What are your eating schedules like for the day? Fav packets? Hope everyone is having a great day!:D

Welcome!! If you check out the sticky thread at the top of the board there are tons of great ideas, and threads about packets and the things you can make from them.

You can get a ticker once you've hit 20 days on the site and 20 posts.

Oh, and congrats on the twins!!

EmilySebetka
02-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Wow, so much good new this week!

Congratulations to each and every one of you.

Wuv, I am very sorry for your loss. To put it frankly, death sucks.

Sometimes I think being a hermit would be ideal, because you wouldn't have any loved ones to grieve for. Unless you befriended the animals... My pseudo-grandma is very old and fragile, and we don't think she'll be around much longer. I really don't want to think of what her dying will be like. Death sucks.

So before I start crying, I have good news. My Nashua Nutrition stuff got here today, and I can't wait to try the pancakes and sweet roles.

EGG QUESTION!!!!!!! How many whole eggs make up 8oz of protein? My sheet got me all confuzzled about it.

Renewing Myself
02-11-2012, 12:58 PM
What a week for sure. Congrats on getting into John Hopkins, good for you!

Congratulations on hitting onederland, great job. According to my scale I have 4 more pounds. Can't wait to see that 1 instead of a 2.

I'm going on a cruise in two weeks. I have decided to go to phase 2 for that week, with maybe some Atkins thrown in there. I don't care if I loose that week, I just don't want to gain or get thrown out of ketosis. I will be packing bars and RTD, and basically eating protein and steamed vegetables. I've been on enough cruises to know what a food fest it can be, but I've been on IP long enough now to not care that much.

What can you have on Phase 2? Two packets a day? I would like to maintain as well, I am not going to stress myself out by worrying about everything I eat but do want to be smart about it. I also think I will walk on the ship everyday and that should help.

maykatcooper
02-11-2012, 12:59 PM

How exciting and congratulations on Onederland! Your idea for fried fish is fantastic. So many of you are so creative. It is great being able to benefit from others experiences. Thank you!

parislady40
02-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Congrats everyone. Your stories inspire and so do your countdown tickers. I am new to IP, and my main hurdle is having 2 cups of vegetables twice daily. I love vegetables, and have tried some of your recipes....lovely. It's just the sheer volume of 2 cups at a go for me!!! Any tips?? Thanks everyone!

maykatcooper
02-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Congrats everyone. Your stories inspire and so do your countdown tickers. I am new to IP, and my main hurdle is having 2 cups of vegetables twice daily. I love vegetables, and have tried some of your recipes....lovely. It's just the sheer volume of 2 cups at a go for me!!! Any tips?? Thanks everyone!

I made turnip chips yesterday using my convection oven setting at 400... My husband went crazy over them. Zucchini pasta is another favorite. If you have a spiraler... noted on other threads or even a peeler, spiral or peel away at a zucchini. It makes a marvelous replacement for spaghetti or the peeler for lasagna noodles and use the WF Marinara or use your own veggies to make a sauce. Sometimes I just use 2c worth of veggies in my salad, between onion, celery, radishes, green (red, orange, yellow) peppers, cucumbers, even pickles make for a happy salad veggie feast. :dizzy:

jenn2ndtimearound
02-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Welcome!! If you check out the sticky thread at the top of the board there are tons of great ideas, and threads about packets and the things you can make from them.

You can get a ticker once you've hit 20 days on the site and 20 posts.

Oh, and congrats on the twins!!

Thanks so much!! I have been reading through and am feeling inspired by all you awesome ladies! Im loving all the different things you can do with your packets. Im def going to have to try them out. I have been mostly sticking with 2 flavors for convenience, but have realized to master this diet I am going to have to switch it up so I wont get bored or crazy *wanting to shove everything in my mouth*. One day at a time!

And thanks about the twins! My girls are now 9 months old! Time flies!

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Good morning everyone, I made it to mom's in all of the nasty weather there was today

Sorry for your loss, have a safe trip and congrats on the new clothes!

Wow what a week!

Wow, indeed! Congratulations!!

Had a great week, so far according to my scales this morning have lost a total of 14.9 pounds! in just 16 days, so defiantly over the moon!

Awesome! Those headaches were worth it, yes? :-)

I hit onederland this week. 199.5 counts, right? :)

Indeed it does! Congratulations!

Morning all.
150.1 today. Why can it be 149.9??!!

Hang in there, it will be in a few hours ;-)

I love vegetables, and have tried some of your recipes....lovely. It's just the sheer volume of 2 cups at a go for me!!! Any tips?? Thanks everyone!

Mushrooms! If I can't handle the volume of veggies, I measure, slice and cook up some mushrooms--they get a lot smaller and are really easy to eat. I also use this site to help me measure:
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2816/2

Had some delicious butterscotch waffles this morning. What a nice weekend treat! Good luck to everyone today :D

patns
02-11-2012, 02:00 PM

What a good idea! Thanks for sharing. The crispy cereal is so versatile.

Pat

NavyMommy
02-11-2012, 02:01 PM
EGG QUESTION!!!!!!! How many whole eggs make up 8oz of protein? My sheet got me all confuzzled about it.

2 eggs is still listed on the new IP sheet as the replacement for your evening 8oz protein. It doesn't have as much protein as meat so I generally add a couple egg whites with my scramble. Plus it bulks it up a little.

What can you have on Phase 2? Two packets a day? I would like to maintain as well, I am not going to stress myself out by worrying about everything I eat but do want to be smart about it. I also think I will walk on the ship everyday and that should help.

Phase two is the same as phase 1 except you have another portion of meat for lunch instead of an IP packet. I'm not sure how much the serving is supposed to be, but it's a good way to stay on track if you can't do another RTD or something for lunch.

Spinach :) When I'm not feeling it I'll cook up 2 cups of spinach, and it cooks down to nothing so I don't have much to eat, plus it takes on just about any seasoning well. Also, for lunch it's great blended in a Vanilla Drink packet with some ice.

watermom
02-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Hello everyone;

Just thought I's pop by and say "Hi"! I'm from Sk and attended U of R so nice to see a neighbor on here:)
I'm into my fifth week and loving the program, largely in part because it really does work!

massconfusion84
02-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I have a dilemma. I can no longer afford this program. I sat down and talked to my husband today and we are thinking I can continue doing a similar routine just off program. I was thinking I could buy the south beach bars and some protein shakes at the store and basically do what I have been just not with the ideal protein packets. I am super sad I really dont want to quit but the money is just not there right now. Im wondering what you guys think? On a happy not I lost 2.5 lbs this week.

alex1space
02-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Congrats to everyone's amazing SV and NSV this week!
Seems like an above average amazing week!!
It is always so inspirational to read the amazing stories everyone shares!

Wuv, hope our city treats you well!

Mkssweetie
02-11-2012, 03:02 PM
crap I posted on the wrong daily chat! OK here goes again. I finally made it to being able to get a weight tracker and a signature! I am so excited! I immediately followed the directions to do so! I kept getting a message that said invalid file. I thought maybe it was because I was making it on my netbook so I tried again on my desk computer and keep getting the same message. I made mu ticker on the 3fatchicks page and copied and pasted the code on the signature page. It seems so easy and I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please help thanks!

purple sky
02-11-2012, 03:02 PM
I have a dilemma. I can no longer afford this program. I sat down and talked to my husband today and we are thinking I can continue doing a similar routine just off program. I was thinking I could buy the south beach bars and some protein shakes at the store and basically do what I have been just not with the ideal protein packets. I am super sad I really dont want to quit but the money is just not there right now. Im wondering what you guys think? On a happy not I lost 2.5 lbs this week.

Did you check out the alternatives thread? I think alternatives require more work and figuring stuff out but it looks like people have done quite well and saved a lot of money after they made the switch.

You have done so well and come so far, I hope you find a solution to aid in your continued success.

le506
02-11-2012, 03:05 PM

Look around these boards. there are a number of people doing alternatives. (Mostly Proti-Thin, ProtiDiet and Lindora) www.nashuanutrition.com
Just check the nutritional values and try choosing options that are the same as the IP products

Mkssweetie
02-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Congratulations on all the positive news!!!!

patns
02-11-2012, 03:32 PM

I switched to alternatives after a few months and it went without a glitch. Just check the sheet on alternatives on the stickies under the first post on the daily thread.

Check the sheet on the nutritional counts for IP packages and compare them with the info on alternative products.

You can get pretty much the same counts on proti diet products on a site like Nashua Nutrition.

Many of us use the Premier Protein RTD shakes that you can get at Costco because they reall have a lot of protein.

The alternative products don't work as well in recipes but I am buying a months worth of products for what I spent in a week at the clinic.
I am totally doing this for me so don't have an issue with not having a coach but many people really like having a coach's support so that may be an issue.

Your profile dosen't say where you are from.
If you are not in the US the shipping is quite costly from sites like Nashua, but it is free after (I think) $100 in the US.

Pat

omgzitsmiranda
02-11-2012, 03:46 PM

Hi! I've never been on "official" IP, I use strictly all alternatives. I just CAN'T afford IP or else I would :) But! I'm very happy & satisfied with my alternative choices :)

I use EAS advant-edge carb control chocolate fudge rtd shakes. They're good!
I also order chocolate soy balls from Nashua & they're DELICIOUS! :)

newmom7611
02-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks everyone SO much for the congrats and support :) I'm still on cloud 9

Chloe222
02-11-2012, 04:02 PM
New mom, Congrats on getting into JH! So many wonderful things happening in your life! What is your chosen field?

Chloe222
02-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Good morning everyone, I am still plugging along doing great. I didn't lose as much as I would have liked this week and not really sure why it was a bit of a lower loss, but I am happy the scale is going down!

I had a couple of days of being quite dizzy last week and I think it was because I didn't get enough food in me and possibly my body decided it better hold on to that extra weight.

Are you getting enough salt? Not havinng enough salt in my diet will make me dizzy.

Chloe222
02-11-2012, 04:12 PM

My friend, who was on IP and was with me on a Cunard cruise (so pretty good food), was able to make wise choices at the meals. She also brought her favorite bars with her for emergencies. Because she did so well - she lost maybe a couple of pounds over the 2 weeks - but that's great given what she ate - she inspired me to start IP. So going on a cruise is completely doable if you really work at making wise choices. What a wonderful thing to look forward to!!

le506
02-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know how many alternatives you can "get away with" and still maintain IP coaching and WIs? I have ordered 3 boxes of alternatives while still on my IP started kit (that lasts 3 weeks) but I'm wondering if they will notice/ or have a policy "as long as you buy X% from us or something".... any thoughts?

Chloe222
02-11-2012, 04:20 PM

I'm also starting the second time around - lost 35 pounds the first time but then we moved and there were too many changes happening at once, that I just let the good diet go and eat what was convenient, including trying all these wonderful new restaurants. I knew it wasn't right but sometimes this is just the way it goes. So glad to be back on IP - I know the weight will come off and it really isn't that hard.

Chloe222
02-11-2012, 04:22 PM

I made kale chips today and 2 cups go down quickly. Just spray 2 cups of kale pieces with EVOO, sprinkle w/ real salt, bake at 350 about 8-10 minutes.

You can add other spices too.

Chloe222
02-11-2012, 04:27 PM
I made turnip chips yesterday using my convection oven setting at 400... My husband went crazy over them. Zucchini pasta is another favorite. If you have a spiraler... noted on other threads or even a peeler, spiral or peel away at a zucchini. It makes a marvelous replacement for spaghetti or the peeler for lasagna noodles and use the WF Marinara or use your own veggies to make a sauce. Sometimes I just use 2c worth of veggies in my salad, between onion, celery, radishes, green (red, orange, yellow) peppers, cucumbers, even pickles make for a happy salad veggie feast. :dizzy:

I add 1 c of cooked celery pieces to my soups and I've been having soup for breakfast and lunch since it fills me so much. I have my lunch salad a little later in the afternoon. So, adding veggies to your packets, where ever you can helps to get them in.

Do you like the broccoli cheddar soup? It is tasty!! I could easily eat several cups of vegetables with that as the sauce.

newmom7611
02-11-2012, 04:51 PM
New mom, Congrats on getting into JH! So many wonderful things happening in your life! What is your chosen field?

Thank you!! I'm not taking a moment for granted.. i worked really hard for it, and i know i'm blessed. :) I'm going into the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. They accepted TEN out of all of the applicants that applied.. well over 100 from what i heard. still dancing about it :carrot:

~ and the weight is falling off which makes me feel great :) i'll be done the diet by the time i start, so it feels great that i'll be buying SMALL scrubs haha.. i've never bought small anything... until now :D

Ducksmy
02-11-2012, 04:56 PM
So glad to hear everyone's news! Way to go!
I am very excited to be in onederland!
I hope everyone has a great evening!

Ducksmy
02-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Congrats! Smile.

Thank you so much for your encouragement! It really means alot!:D

chshedtchr
02-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know how many alternatives you can "get away with" and still maintain IP coaching and WIs? I have ordered 3 boxes of alternatives while still on my IP started kit (that lasts 3 weeks) but I'm wondering if they will notice/ or have a policy "as long as you buy X% from us or something".... any thoughts?

You are probably going to have to talk to your coach to see if they have a policy about this. I just ordered some alternatives from Nashua nutrition just because of cost. I figure I will have to talk to them ábout this.

On a different note I made the popcorn cauliflower for lunch today. Wow was that good!! I will be making that again!!!( soon :) )

massconfusion84
02-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Did you check out the alternatives thread? I think alternatives require more work and figuring stuff out but it looks like people have done quite well and saved a lot of money after they made the switch.

You have done so well and come so far, I hope you find a solution to aid in your continued success.

I did and I got a lot of great advice! Thankyou!
Look around these boards. there are a number of people doing alternatives. (Mostly Proti-Thin, ProtiDiet and Lindora) www.nashuanutrition.com
Just check the nutritional values and try choosing options that are the same as the IP products
Thats exactly my plan so far I found a the lowcarb EAS drinks and the peanutbutter Southbeach bars and they are almost identical to the IP products nutritionally
I switched to alternatives after a few months and it went without a glitch. Just check the sheet on alternatives on the stickies under the first post on the daily thread.

Check the sheet on the nutritional counts for IP packages and compare them with the info on alternative products.

You can get pretty much the same counts on proti diet products on a site like Nashua Nutrition.

Many of us use the Premier Protein RTD shakes that you can get at Costco because they reall have a lot of protein.

The alternative products don't work as well in recipes but I am buying a months worth of products for what I spent in a week at the clinic.
I am totally doing this for me so don't have an issue with not having a coach but many people really like having a coach's support so that may be an issue.

Your profile dosen't say where you are from.
If you are not in the US the shipping is quite costly from sites like Nashua, but it is free after (I think) $100 in the US.

Pat
I live in Little Rock I do think I am going to order the soup off of Nashua it looks like its very simililar to IPs soup! Im getting really excited about saving some serious $$. Not having a coach anymore is kind of a bummer but I can be accountable for myself I have plenty of reasons to not cheat, I dont think that it will be a problem.
Hi! I've never been on "official" IP, I use strictly all alternatives. I just CAN'T afford IP or else I would :) But! I'm very happy & satisfied with my alternative choices :)

I use EAS advant-edge carb control chocolate fudge rtd shakes. They're good!
I also order chocolate soy balls from Nashua & they're DELICIOUS! :)
I am definitley getting the EAS shakes I saw them at WalMart today! It makes me really excited to see so many people just as succesful on the alternative plan. Its really calmed my nerves!

zzsmom
02-11-2012, 05:45 PM

Congratulations on it all! What a week and good luck at JH!

Ducksmy
02-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Celebrated my 20-pound loss today with a trip to the MAC store and got a new shade of lipstick, gloss and blush; feeling pretty pretty!

That is AWESOME!! :bravo:

jenn2ndtimearound
02-11-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm also starting the second time around - lost 35 pounds the first time but then we moved and there were too many changes happening at once, that I just let the good diet go and eat what was convenient, including trying all these wonderful new restaurants. I knew it wasn't right but sometimes this is just the way it goes. So glad to be back on IP - I know the weight will come off and it really isn't that hard.

Thanks Chole for the encouragement! Today has gone really good. I think my issue has been the restricts. I was having one a day but think that I will just get back to basics and once I have lost more weight and gotten more into the grove maybe add a restrict back in. Hope your having a good day aswell!

MaMaZu
02-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Celebrated my 20-pound loss today with a trip to the MAC store and got a new shade of lipstick, gloss and blush; feeling pretty pretty!

patns
02-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Thank you!! I'm not taking a moment for granted.. i worked really hard for it, and i know i'm blessed. :) I'm going into the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. They accepted TEN out of all of the applicants that applied.. well over 100 from what i heard. still dancing about it :carrot:

~ and the weight is falling off which makes me feel great :) i'll be done the diet by the time i start, so it feels great that i'll be buying SMALL scrubs haha.. i've never bought small anything... until now :D

Congratualations!! What an accomplishment.
And as an added bonus you will be at a great weight when you start and picking the right foods should be second nature once the hectic schedule kicks in.
Pat

Pat

Lorilou
02-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I have been on here because I haven't been feeling well and didn't want to bring my negativity to the group. I am having some side effects that I'm not sure is from the diet or if I'm sick so I am reaching out to see if anyone has had any of the side effects I may be having. I am extremely dizzy, almost faint, headaches, nausea and extremely hungry. I feel like I could pass out while I am sitting down. I have not cheated in my 6 weeks on the program but have been feeling like this for about 10 days. Is this normal? Has anyone else felt this way. Thanks!

drwichin
02-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi, you have a few choices. The best is to just stay on the plan. Granted that is hard on the cruise. The other option is to do a " vacation phase off" where about 10 days prior to the cruise you would go on phase 2 for five days and then phase 3 for five days and then go on the cruise. On the cruise you would then follow your plan of lots of protein,salad and veggies. And then go right back on phase one when you return home. You would not want to just go from strict phase one onto the ship, too big a shock for your system. Hope this helps.

drwichin
02-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I have been on here because I haven't been feeling well and didn't want to bring my negativity to the group. I am having some side effects that I'm not sure is from the diet or if I'm sick so I am reaching out to see if anyone has had any of the side effects I may be having. I am extremely dizzy, almost faint, headaches, nausea and extremely hungry. I feel like I could pass out while I am sitting down. I have not cheated in my 6 weeks on the program but have been feeling like this for about 10 days. Is this normal? Has anyone else felt this way. Thanks!

Hi,

Those could be symptoms of too low blood pressure. Not knowing your history is of course a problem but if you are on blood pressure medication you might need it adjusted. Try having a cup of bullion ( not the low sodium kind) and see if you feel better, if so it leads towards the too low blood pressure possibility. Another possibility is that you are not consuming enough calories or protein for your body weight. I hope you have brought this to your coaches attention. You should not be feeling this way on the program.

Akangel
02-11-2012, 08:05 PM

That's great! So inspiring.

Akangel
02-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Does anyone know where I can get IP products online? I live in a rural community with very little resources so I have to order my products. I've gotten some from eBay, but I'd like to be able to choose my products instead of choosing from whatever is available.

NavyMommy
02-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can get IP products online? I live in a rural community with very little resources so I have to order my products. I've gotten some from eBay, but I'd like to be able to choose my products instead of choosing from whatever is available.

Where do you live? In the US you can order from Ideal to Go, but I don't know if there is any program like that available in Canada or not.

Lorilou
02-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi,

Those could be symptoms of too low blood pressure. Not knowing your history is of course a problem but if you are on blood pressure medication you might need it adjusted. Try having a cup of bullion ( not the low sodium kind) and see if you feel better, if so it leads towards the too low blood pressure possibility. Another possibility is that you are not consuming enough calories or protein for your body weight. I hope you have brought this to your coaches attention. You should not be feeling this way on the program.

I have problems with edema so I have to keep my sodium low and take medication for it. I believe it is the same meds they give for blood pressure. I tried lowering it but my ankles, feet, toes and hands swelled up so I had to go back to my regular dose. It could be my body is having a hard time adjusting. I was feeling really great for a while but now not so much. My coach did up my packets because they were worried I was not eating enough because the body matrix thing they do every week showed my lean muscle mass decreasing. I really feel like just drinking a big glass of OJ or something but won't because I am determined to stay 100% OP. I just sometimes feel my blood sugar is too low or something. I am starting to get scared that this program is making me ill. I really want this to work. Sorry for rambling but I am feeling a little desperate. Thanks!

Momto2cs
02-11-2012, 08:17 PM
If you start at a higher weight you will lose more muscle mass (in pounds) than others. I would not be concerned about that, as you have more muscle to start with.

Is your doctor supportive of ip for you with your other issues? I would look to him/her for advice.

Lorilou
02-11-2012, 08:21 PM
If you start at a higher weight you will lose more muscle mass (in pounds) than others. I would not be concerned about that, as you have more muscle to start with.

Is your doctor supportive of ip for you with your other issues? I would look to him/her for advice.

I have an appointment on the 20th and am afraid what she'll say. I really want to stay on the program as I've lost 26 lbs in 6 weeks.

Samba
02-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Maybe your medication needs adjusting? Sure hope you can continue.

It is the end of a great day. Just finished supper of maple salmon, asparagas and salad. I feel so satisfied on the IP plan. I hope it is working as it sure isn't painful! My reflux is already better and sleep so much improved.

wuv2bloved
02-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Congrats to everyone's amazing SV and NSV this week!
Seems like an above average amazing week!!
It is always so inspirational to read the amazing stories everyone shares!

Wuv, hope our city treats you well!

Well we made the trip to Fresh Market and I must say the Dehydrated Okra and green beans were SO WORTH IT!....they are yummy. It was .60 of a lb was $7.69 they are like $12.99 a lb. Its the "chip" I have been looking for, that is for sure!!!

Samba
02-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Dried okra! I am fascinated. You eat it just that way? Does it have added oil?

watermom
02-11-2012, 08:53 PM

Good on you!! I am looking forward to celebrating 20 lbs too, which hopefully will be in the next couple of weeks. Think I may splurge and get my nails done:)

wuv2bloved
02-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Dried okra! I am fascinated. You eat it just that way? Does it have added oil?

It says sea salt but nothing about oil. Its just like whole stalks and have the crispy taste...SOOOOO YUMMYYY

maykatcooper
02-11-2012, 09:08 PM
All the sudden I find the need to say I am past middle age..
Oldish (this is so hard) but WUV I've tried every way I know how... I can't find your note about your loss. I'm so sorry. Losing one you love is so hard. I am praying for you and all who are hurting. You are such an amazing support to our group. Please allow yourself time to mourn... Then come back. We need you. :hug:

JoesHotWife
02-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi all,

Congrats on all the good news.

WUV, sorry for your loss.

I am new to IP. Started researching it a couple of weeks ago and thanks to all the honest info on this forum, was able to make a really informed decision to start. I had lost about 50 lbs. on my own but have not been able to get under 200. For the first time in my life, I decided I would not cheat and do this till I got all the weight off. I have tried almost all the diets, including Atkins. The carb cravings on that one made me crazy (Joe said the bag of pork rinds exploded as I tore into it). I went into this knowing I needed to set aside 3 days to sleep off the headaches (which I did). No way I would cheat and risk going thru THOSE 3 days again. There was a post on here mentioning something like that and it was very helpful.

You all are great and I am thankful for the info provided.

NavyMommy
02-11-2012, 09:51 PM
So, I did it! Just sent in my photo and a "Why I want to win" to the photographer. Of course it wasn't perfect and as soon as I hit send I started thinking of things I wanted to change in it, but even if I don't get nominated just stepping out like that is a big deal. Fingers crossed!

It says sea salt but nothing about oil. Its just like whole stalks and have the crispy taste...SOOOOO YUMMYYY

I wonder if those are the same things we got at Fresh Market last time I was visiting my sister. I will have to check because they were SO delicious! I had just assumed they were fried, but it was the same, and entire okra pod, lightly salted. They were delicious!

Hi all,

Congrats on all the good news.

WUV, sorry for your loss.

I am new to IP. Started researching it a couple of weeks ago and thanks to all the honest info on this forum, was able to make a really informed decision to start. I had lost about 50 lbs. on my own but have not been able to get under 200. For the first time in my life, I decided I would not cheat and do this till I got all the weight off. I have tried almost all the diets, including Atkins. The carb cravings on that one made me crazy (Joe said the bag of pork rinds exploded as I tore into it). I went into this knowing I needed to set aside 3 days to sleep off the headaches (which I did). No way I would cheat and risk going thru THOSE 3 days again. There was a post on here mentioning something like that and it was very helpful.

You all are great and I am thankful for the info provided.

Welcome!! I love your SN! :)

gs463
02-11-2012, 09:51 PM

Money is an issue for my family too and the cost of IP isn't helping. If you have a Walmart in your area you can try what I just started doing. I was able to buy very similar vitamins, cal/mag, omegas etc at about 1/3 of the cost. I also picked up the EAS RTD for $4.97 for 4 vs. IP's $5 per drink. Many people use the EAS in place of the IP drinks. I am not sure about the bars but if you have a box with the nutritional info take it into your local store and find which ones are the closet ingredient/nutrition wise.

wuv2bloved
02-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I wonder if those are the same things we got at Fresh Market last time I was visiting my sister. I will have to check because they were SO delicious! I had just assumed they were fried, but it was the same, and entire okra pod, lightly salted. They were delicious!

Welcome!! I love your SN! :)

GRRRRRRRRR.......ok Navymommy...YOU popped my bubble!!!.....went back and looked at the ingredients and there is CANOLA OIL!!!!!!..................GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRR..........DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

fastfingers
02-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi to all!

I am a newbie, but have been doing IP for about 3 months. I have had great success! I love to read all the posts; they are so inspiring!

Keep up the good work.

omgzitsmiranda
02-11-2012, 10:13 PM
GRRRRRRRRR.......ok Navymommy...YOU popped my bubble!!!.....went back and looked at the ingredients and there is CANOLA OIL!!!!!!..................GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRR..........DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no lol :(!

Samba
02-11-2012, 10:39 PM
*sigh*. I was so hoping for okra snax too.

patns
02-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Is Canola actually a big no no? I had never thought about it before re IP.It is often mentioned along with olive oil as a healthy oil.(Not in IP I know).
In any case sounds like a nice snack after one gets to maintenance though.

DanafromAustin
02-11-2012, 11:45 PM

The last time I traveled was over the winter holidays and I also went to phase 2 for a week and actually lost just as well. Phase 2 is an IP packet for breakfast and a snack. Lunch and dinner is 8oz of protein at both meals and vegetables of course. I'm sure the ship will have a gym, so I'll either head over there or walk around the jogging deck. I teased my kids and told them if that doesn't work out I could always head over to the climbing wall. Now that might be a scary picture.

I'm very happy to say I think my days of shopping at Lane Bryant will be coming to a close soon. The smallest size they have there is size 14, and today I bought a size 16 jeans and a size 14 jeans. They had a sale of buy one pair at full price and the second pair at 50% off. So I took advantage of buying one pair that fits now and the 14's will fit in about 20 more pounds as I always seem to go down a size about every 20 pounds. I also bought a t-shirt in a size 14/16. The funny thing is I held up the size 16 jeans and thought there was no way I was going to get them up over my hips let alone zip up. I was beyond surprised to not only get them up, but I was able to zip them up too. For the first time ever I was one of the thinner women shopping in there today. I felt like yelling out to everyone, "Who's heard of Ideal Protein here?" Overall a great shopping experience.

grassfedbeef
02-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Spinach :) When I'm not feeling it I'll cook up 2 cups of spinach, and it cooks down to nothing so I don't have much to eat, plus it takes on just about any seasoning well. Also, for lunch it's great blended in a Vanilla Drink packet with some ice.[/QUOTE]

This may be a silly question, but when you add spinach to your drink, do you add it raw????

lkp888
02-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Just thought I's pop by and say "Hi"! I'm from Sk and attended U of R so nice to see a neighbor on here:)
I'm into my fifth week and loving the program, largely in part because it really does work!

Hi Watermom, your not far from me as well, welcome!! I`m originally from SK to, such a small world. Have a great weekend. :)

purple sky
02-12-2012, 01:38 AM

Made this today. Yum. Very pretty color. At the end when having my last glass, I added salt. It rounded it out. I feel like adding something like ginger or lemon juice next time. It tasted like diet green smoothie if that makes any sense, a much lighter version of what I've had before. Thanx for the suggestion, NavyMommy.

JKfromIL
02-12-2012, 04:45 AM

I have had something similar happen 2x over the past 2mos. I did not have the nausea but, in addition to the other symptoms that you listed. I was extremely tired. This was in fact my BP being too low. I have been on Bp medicine for almost 20 years. When I started I was taking 2 diff bp meds. Now I am down to one and I only take 1/4 of the previous dosage. I now feel so much better and I have my energy back. I would suggest contacting your coach and probably your Doc.

NavyMommy
02-12-2012, 08:31 AM

Awwwwww man!!! I was going to have you buy me some and I'd drive to Mississippi to get it! Lol. I had just assumed the ones I had were but had never checked the ingredients. BUMMER!!!!!!!

I'm very happy to say I think my days of shopping at Lane Bryant will be coming to a close soon. The smallest size they have there is size 14, and today I bought a size 16 jeans and a size 14 jeans. They had a sale of buy one pair at full price and the second pair at 50% off. So I took advantage of buying one pair that fits now and the 14's will fit in about 20 more pounds as I always seem to go down a size about every 20 pounds. I also bought a t-shirt in a size 14/16. The funny thing is I held up the size 16 jeans and thought there was no way I was going to get them up over my hips let alone zip up. I was beyond surprised to not only get them up, but I was able to zip them up too. For the first time ever I was one of the thinner women shopping in there today. I felt like yelling out to everyone, "Who's heard of Ideal Protein here?" Overall a great shopping experience.

That's awesome! I am so excited to be able to stop shopping in the plus sizes as well. I HATE the size discrepancy between stores though. At the moment I have a pair of size 14 jeans from Old Navy that are literally so big I have to hold them up with a belt or else I would lose my pants. However, I've tried on 12s at several stores (haven't made it back to Old Navy yet) and I can't even get them up. Can't all the stores get together and make a standard size? Seriously!

Sorry for my little OT rant! Congrats to you on the 16s (you're right were I was when I started IP!) You'll be rocking those 14s before you know it!!

This may be a silly question, but when you add spinach to your drink, do you add it raw????

You add it raw, I know it seems strange but it blends into nothing. You can also do it with other greens like Kale or Cabbage but IMO spinach is the mildest and the easiest way to transition if you weren't into green smoothies before. Personally I was totally full after this lunch until dinner time, you're still getting all your veggies just in a little different way. And I think the vanilla shake adds a delightful sweetness and I didn't need anything else in mine, but if you wanted a little fruitier flavor you could add a squirt or two of MiO. I think the Blueberry Pomegranate, Strawberry Watermelon, or Mango Peach would all be really good. It might change the color though.

Made this today. Yum. Very pretty color. At the end when having my last glass, I added salt. It rounded it out. I feel like adding something like ginger or lemon juice next time. It tasted like diet green smoothie if that makes any sense, a much lighter version of what I've had before. Thanx for the suggestion, NavyMommy.

So pretty!! I need to figure out how to upload photos to here, I would totally start uploading pictures. Your glass is prettier though. I forgot to post I did add about 1/2 of my daily salt to it, just to make sure I was getting it in since I usually sprinkle it on veggies.

WingnutandMe
02-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Good morning all. Hate to hear the news about the dried okra. I was on my way to Fresh Market today. I'm still a northerner living in the south looking for rhubarb. Someone suggest I try Fresh Market.

My husband (Wingnut) and I are on our way to, hopefully, buy a 1941 Chevy to add to our car collection (that one will make 11 vehicles that are 1975 or older). Yes, I know we're crazy, but enjoying ourselves.

On these trips, it hard to get in the water as we travel in a lot of really rural areas where I know there won't be restrooms anywhere. I'll try to make up for it when we're home.

Have a great OP day.

omgzitsmiranda
02-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Good morning everyone :)! Happy Sunday!

Things are going well, I'm coming up on my 5th week [Monday] & I couldn't be happier. Things are fitting better & things that weren't FITTING AT ALL are fitting now :) So that's a nice change.

I scored big at my Grandma's house over the weekend. My Aunt loves to shop and had a huge tote of jeans from "last year's style" that she let me have because my Aunt had left them there & wouldn't wear them again anyway. They range anywhere from a 18-10 and I I think one pair of 8's. So I should be pretty set on jeans after I get out of these 20's ;). The 10's looked SOOOO tiny, insane! I was seriously thinking, I can shrink that much?! But I guess it's possible, at least we're going to find out LOL.

I weighed in today and lost a 1/2 a pound. I'm not too happy, but with how the week has gone, I'm assuming I've gained muscle & also I lost 5lbs last week, so I kind of saw this coming. I'm not giving up though, I'm hitting it even harder this week ;) and also, I'm ready to be out of the 240's lol! They're trying to keep me in.

jenn2ndtimearound
02-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Had a great day yesterday, after reading so many inspiring posts I know I can do this! Everyone is doing such an amazing job!

Chix
02-12-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm just reaching out to you alternative IP folks for a minute. I've been on IP for two weeks. was doing 3 EAS DRINKS, 8 oz of protein, 4 cups of veggies (none being even semi restricted), 2 ts of olive oil, more than enough water, unlimited lettuce(sometimes none), 3 egg whites (I know they are now free and eat them for breakfast bc I feel I REALLY need them) and a cup of coffee black. Starting with week two, I replaced 1 EAS drink with a pure protein bar (usually mid day or at night) and have been using about two "squirts" of MIO a day. I lost 5.5lbs first week then another 2.3 as soon as I started the bars but for the past 4 days of week two, I've been back up to 180.2! That means I've lost less than 6lbs in 2 weeks?!?! Should I stop the bars and MIO?? Granted, I don't have that much to lose in general bc of my height but still, it does t seem right. I have been in ketosis this entire time because I have the strips and I check every few days. I'm just confused and discouraged. Sorry to be a downer but any advice would help!!

DanafromAustin
02-12-2012, 10:45 AM

Things are going well, I'm coming up on my 5th week [Monday] & I couldn't be happier. Things are fitting better & things that weren't FITTING AT ALL are fitting now :) So that's a nice change.

I scored big at my Grandma's house over the weekend. My Aunt loves to shop and had a huge tote of jeans from "last year's style" that she let me have because my Aunt had left them there & wouldn't wear them again anyway. They range anywhere from a 18-10 and I I think one pair of 8's. So I should be pretty set on jeans after I get out of these 20's ;). The 10's looked SOOOO tiny, insane! I was seriously thinking, I can shrink that much?! But I guess it's possible, at least we're going to find out LOL.

I weighed in today and lost a 1/2 a pound. I'm not too happy, but with how the week has gone, I'm assuming I've gained muscle & also I lost 5lbs last week, so I kind of saw this coming. I'm not giving up though, I'm hitting it even harder this week ;) and also, I'm ready to be out of the 240's lol! They're trying to keep me in.
Congrats on scoring all of those jeans, Very cool! The weeks I loose bigger are followed up by a small loss the following week. In the end it all evens out. I hear you on trying to get to the next set of numbers on the scale. I'm trying to get to onederland, and just when I got really close my weight decided to not budge for over a week. Thankfully now the scale is moving again. You will be in the 230's before you know it.

I'm just reaching out to you alternative IP folks for a minute. I've been on IP for two weeks. was doing 3 EAS DRINKS, 8 oz of protein, 4 cups of veggies (none being even semi restricted), 2 ts of olive oil, more than enough water, unlimited lettuce(sometimes none), 3 egg whites (I know they are now free and eat them for breakfast bc I feel I REALLY need them) and a cup of coffee black. Starting with week two, I replaced 1 EAS drink with a pure protein bar (usually mid day or at night) and have been using about two "squirts" of MIO a day. I lost 5.5lbs first week then another 2.3 as soon as I started the bars but for the past 4 days of week two, I've been back up to 180.2! That means I've lost less than 6lbs in 2 weeks?!?! Should I stop the bars and MIO?? Granted, I don't have that much to lose in general bc of my height but still, it does t seem right. I have been in ketosis this entire time because I have the strips and I check every few days. I'm just confused and discouraged. Sorry to be a downer but any advice would help!!
Eat the protein bar at breakfast or lunch only (many coaches recommend this), and skip the Mio. Mio works okay for some, but for others it can cause an insulin spike and slow down your weight loss. Hope that helps.

Momto2cs
02-12-2012, 11:15 AM
I just want to say that when asked I tell people all about ip. A number of friends and colleagues have joined because of me and they have all had success.

I am happy to help others find this great diet. And I have pretty much kept off the first 25 pounds for a year, so I am not concerned about lose/gain...

I had tried exercising until the cows came home and I was stuck at 175. I totally credit ip for my loss and I am not embarrassed to say so!

wuv2bloved
02-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Good Morning everyone, Have to share and NSV with all of you.....I tried on my wedding dress I work 25 yrs ago and it FIT!...Never in a million years I would of thought I would of fit in that dress again!....My nephews are here at my mom's and when I came out of the room they said Taunt Lisa you look beautiful!!....brought tears to my eyes one cuz I fit in it again and 2 because they said that....its just crazy what IP has done for me!

Momto2cs
02-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Yay wuv! Really, if it 100 pounds or 25 pounds, ip can be an amazing thing!

mompattie
02-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Good Morning everyone, Have to share and NSV with all of you.....I tried on my wedding dress I work 25 yrs ago and it FIT!...Never in a million years I would of thought I would of fit in that dress again!....My nephews are here at my mom's and when I came out of the room they said Taunt Lisa you look beautiful!!....brought tears to my eyes one cuz I fit in it again and 2 because they said that....its just crazy what IP has done for me!

Oh Lisa, that is FANTASTIC! And very soon that wedding dress will be TOO BIG! What a great feeling!!

salmongirl
02-12-2012, 12:02 PM

That is awesome! Way to go! I just want to point out though that you have done this with the help of IP. You are strong and beautiful! And not only have you done this for yourself, you have helped all of us do this too! I have to say, I agree with you nephew, you are beautiful!

Pamelama
02-12-2012, 12:33 PM
The last time I traveled was over the winter holidays and I also went to phase 2 for a week and actually lost just as well. Phase 2 is an IP packet for breakfast and a snack. Lunch and dinner is 8oz of protein at both meals and vegetables of course. I'm sure the ship will have a gym, so I'll either head over there or walk around the jogging deck. I teased my kids and told them if that doesn't work out I could always head over to the climbing wall. Now that might be a scary picture.

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

What a great NSV! I have been following your journey (not in a stalker-way :)) since I started IP/and these boards, and I love reading your posts, challenges, solutions and victories. You are so determined and have the right mind set. Wish you all the best!

Pam :hug:

Pamelama
02-12-2012, 12:37 PM

Bummer! :(. Can't you buy a small "dehydeator" and dehydrate veggies? There are some people at my local Whole Foods Market who do that (they buy huge amounts of organic produce when it's on sale.). Actually not a bad idea. Eating okra "chips" salted instead of baked chips. Same mouth feel and waaaay better for you! :)

Determinedat47
02-12-2012, 12:44 PM

You have done sooooo good. Keep going!

Samba
02-12-2012, 12:46 PM
I want a dehydrator! Maybe my son has one somewhere from his jerky making days. I hope okra dehydrates well. I am thinking some salt and cajun spices! Wuv has got me going on this okra thing!

Determinedat47
02-12-2012, 12:46 PM

You should post a picture in the dress Lisa-would be fun for all of us to see! WAT TO GO!:D

purple sky
02-12-2012, 12:55 PM

And there's more good things to come. You have such a wonderful attitude and outlook. Sorry about the okra chips but you can have them on Phase 2, right?

BTW, congrats on being 'minutes' away from your goal. I just smile every time I see your ticker.

thin4me
02-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Alright guess I have to ask, what is okra? At first I thought it was some sort of fish but now I'm thinking a vegetable?

shelly ann
02-12-2012, 01:14 PM

I love it!!! Can't wait to see you in the next wedding dress, but even smaller. LOL. I have saved a teeny tiny evening gown from years past. I know I have reached goal when I can fit into it again even though it's out of style. I can't believe I was ever able to wear it because it has such a tiny waist on it. I can hardly remember anymore. But, I'll be there again :goodvibes

Ducksmy
02-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Happy Sunday everyone!
So a lady at church noticed that I had lost some weight and she brought in jeans for me to try. Size 16's and I thought no way.... but they fit perfectly
I am very happy! Starting my 3rd week and can't wait to see the scale next week.
Everyone congrats on your WI and NSV~ You guys rock!

sekc14
02-12-2012, 01:30 PM
This is what Onederland looks like for me....

purple sky
02-12-2012, 01:39 PM
You add it raw, I know it seems strange but it blends into nothing. You can also do it with other greens like Kale or Cabbage but IMO spinach is the mildest and the easiest way to transition if you weren't into green smoothies before. Personally I was totally full after this lunch until dinner time, you're still getting all your veggies just in a little different way. And I think the vanilla shake adds a delightful sweetness and I didn't need anything else in mine, but if you wanted a little fruitier flavor you could add a squirt or two of MiO. I think the Blueberry Pomegranate, Strawberry Watermelon, or Mango Peach would all be really good. It might change the color though.

So pretty!! I need to figure out how to upload photos to here, I would totally start uploading pictures. Your glass is prettier though. I forgot to post I did add about 1/2 of my daily salt to it, just to make sure I was getting it in since I usually sprinkle it on veggies.

I think I need to do this in a blender. That is a juice glass but it looked so nice in it. I had like 6 glasses or something. But, my poor kitchen. LOL! I used an immersion blender. Then, I tried my food processer. And then there were some other crazy things I did including a bowl which result in me, my floor and my counter all wearing splotches of the pretty shades of green but I was determined and it was so worth it. DH was eating his IP meal which took 2 seconds to make with no mess, just half laughing at me. I think next time I am going to add less water to try to concentrate that vanilla flavor. I had used water with the spinach to try to blend that and added ice. I added vanilla stevia and will do salt next time. It creates a nice balance.

I used to make my green smoothies with a powder and vanilla rice milk so this was very close. Thank you for the suggestion. And everyone else please laugh at my attempt and use a blender. I tend to make things more challenging than they need to be.

Uploading pictures is a little tricky. But, if you can get the picture on your computer and resize it is a little easier. You click on manage attached which you will see below if you are typing out a post. Then I click on the attachment above (pull down menu). It will make more sense once you play with it. The key is to resize your picture. I have something called Mircosoft Picture manager on my computer so I used that. There could be an easier way like using something like Picasa. Also, you need to remember where you saved your picture.

le506
02-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Does ANYONE know how to get the Zucchini chips crispy?
I have tried 3 times, only a tiny bit of oil, slices about a centimeter wide and they always come out mushy in the middle... HELP pretty please!

Samba
02-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Mine came out either too brown or a bit soft. Darn tasy either way though!

For some reason I am having a busy Sunday. It is a challenge to get eveything in that I am supposed to consume. I don't feel like I am on a restrictive diet but rather a "you better get to earing" diet!

massconfusion84
02-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Are we allowed to have shrimp on phase 1? My sheet says nothing about shrimp but I cant imagine it not being allowed... but want to make sure before I go buy a bag.

3mama
02-12-2012, 03:17 PM
I have tried 3 times, only a tiny bit of oil, slices about a centimeter wide and they always come out mushy in the middle... HELP pretty please!

Zucchini have a lot of water in them, so I think it might be hard to get them crispy. Perhaps after you slice them, lay them on some papertowels for a bit to absorb some of the moisture.

3mama
02-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Mine came out either too brown or a bit soft. Darn tasy either way though!

For some reason I am having a busy Sunday. It is a challenge to get eveything in that I am supposed to consume. I don't feel like I am on a restrictive diet but rather a "you better get to earing" diet!

I feel the same way! My biggest problem isn't cheating, it's just getting all the required food in!

Mom3LoveBugs
02-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Are we allowed to have shrimp on phase 1? My sheet says nothing about shrimp but I cant imagine it not being allowed... but want to make sure before I go buy a bag.

yes, shrimp is allowed... I'm having it tonight in fact!

patns
02-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Purple Sky, glad you posted that about the immersion blender. I was thinking of buying one but I am such a messy cook. A friend says cooking for her is a full body experience, I could so relate to that.
I have a kitchen aide mixer because everyone said it was the bees knees. But it is way too much machine for me, it was more like a projectile launcher.
I guess I better stick with my magic bullet for shakes, it keeps everything locked inside!

le506
02-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Purple Sky, glad you posted that about the immersion blender. I was thinking of buying one but I am such a messy cook. A friend says cooking for her is a full body experience, I could so relate to that.
I have a kitchen aide mixer because everyone said it was the bees knees. But it is way too much machine for me, it was more like a projectile launcher.
I guess I better stick with my magic bullet for shakes, it keeps everything locked inside!

a step up form the bullet but down from kitchen aide, you might look into the Ninja Blender. I use if for all the IP things and there are two options that come with it, one full blender size and one about half size. I love it!

justme685
02-12-2012, 04:19 PM
I went shopping yesterday for summer clothes for my trip to Hawaii and I didn't step foot into a plus size store!! I went to the Bay and shopped in regular sections for the first time since high school! I've certainly lost weight but I didn't think I would be into other stores so quickly!! I found a summer dress which is really exciting considering it is the first summer dress I have owned ever! I love IP and I am finding it very easy to stick too! I lost 2.6 pounds this week and am so excited to see that scale go down! I weigh myself everyday (can't help it) and today it went down .09 lbs! That's almost a pound in a single day!!! I have never felt this ready and sure about losing weight. This site has been extremely motivational for me and I want to thank everyone on here for sharing their struggles and successes. It is really helpful to keep me (and I'm sure many other lurkers) motivated!

justme685
02-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi Watermom, your not far from me as well, welcome!! I`m originally from SK to, such a small world. Have a great weekend. :)

I saw where you are from - I lived in Vermilion for 8 years! I did my elementary schooling and middle level schooling there! My family now lives in Lloydminster! Very small world! :)

DanafromAustin
02-12-2012, 04:32 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

What a great NSV! I have been following your journey (not in a stalker-way :)) since I started IP/and these boards, and I love reading your posts, challenges, solutions and victories. You are so determined and have the right mind set. Wish you all the best!

Pam :hug:
Pam, how sweet of you. Thank you for your very kind words. I also enjoy reading your post and reading about your determination to IP. We are both doing excellent.

EmilySebetka
02-12-2012, 04:49 PM
I've searched but can't find the answer...

Is it true that 1 egg + 3 egg whites = 1 IP packet nutritionally?

Eggs have been my enemy these days.

wuv2bloved
02-12-2012, 04:59 PM
NavyMommy...LOOK what I found.....

Dehydrated OKRA

kosher salt, or sea salt

2T olive oil

1/4t paprika

1/4t cayenne

ground pepper to taste

Heat oven to 300*F. Line a rimmed bake sheet with parchment, and set a metal cooling rack over it. Arrange the veggies in a single layer on several layers of paper towel. Sprinkle them lightly with salt and let them sit for 20-30min. Pat veggies dry with additional paper towels. Arrange the veggies in single layer on cooling rack. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, paprika, cayenne and a bit of salt and pepper. Brush mixture over veggies and bake for 30 min, or until they are crispy. Season with salt and pepper if desired.

purple sky
02-12-2012, 05:12 PM

I do love my immersion blender. But, I have always used it for quick smoothies where I am only adding about 8 oz of liquid. (It came with a 16 oz cup). BUT, with this I already had spinach in there that I added water to. Then (I mean I should have taken pictures) I mixed my drink in the shaker which I added to my cup. I should have known I was in trouble by that time (guess I like to live on the edge sometimes) and switched to my real blender but I hate to use that. Too much clean up and I can't see inside. This is a very pretty smoothie. Why I lugged out the food processor is beyond me but sometimes I am like a mad scientist in the kitchen. I even have my spices in test tubes.

I do really like my immersion blender. It's small and I can detach the bottom and put it in the dishwasher. Had it for years. I use it when I make the mashed cauliflower but I mid it in a large bowl to catch the squirts. I rarely used it for soups because I was too nervous about the hot liquids.

I have used my bullet in the past (can't find it now) but I was not crazy about it. The machine gave off a funny smell. It would havebeen ideal for this. That or the blender since I made a lot.

Maybe IP should come up with a green drink. Or something we can add to the vanilla or mango drinks.

mtnsun4
02-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Hello everyone! I had the BEST dinner tonight- the store had a deal on lobster tails so we grilled lobster tails and I made stuffed crab portabello mushrooms with a small amount of veggie cheese on top! It was YUMMY!

purple sky
02-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Unofficially, DH and I are down over 50 lbs since starting this diet.

We weigh everyday. Can't help it.

Mkssweetie
02-12-2012, 07:29 PM
sounds yummy! where do you find veggie cheese? does it actually melt and taste like cheese? I really miss sharp cheddar cheese!

WingnutandMe
02-12-2012, 08:18 PM
sounds yummy! where do you find veggie cheese? does it actually melt and taste like cheese? I really miss sharp cheddar cheese!

Just as I read your post I was grilling some ground sirloin and had topped them with some veggie cheese. I found it at Whole Foods. Any place that carries a lot of vegetarian products should have it. It melted like other processed cheese slices and was tasty. My, never been over weight in his life, husband grumbled. I told him perception of foods is a whole lot different when you cannot have the real thing and you take a substitute. I would recommend it, but as has been stated in this forum, different people taste things differently.

Of course, maybe it tasted okay because I finally found some rhubarb today, which has not been easy in the South where no one even knows what it is. I plan to make the Rhubarb upside down cake.

Everyone have a great start to an OP week.

Magicpinecone
02-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Just as I read your post I was grilling some ground sirloin and had topped them with some veggie cheese. I found it at Whole Foods. Any place that carries a lot of vegetarian products should have it. It melted like other processed cheese slices and was tasty. My, never been over weight in his life, husband grumbled. I told him perception of foods is a whole lot different when you cannot have the real thing and you take a substitute. I would recommend it, but as has been stated in this forum, different people taste things differently.

Of course, maybe it tasted okay because I finally found some rhubarb today, which has not been easy in the South where no one even knows what it is. I plan to make the Rhubarb upside down cake.

Everyone have a great start to an OP week.
I am really picky about certain foods and cheese is one of those foods that I tend to have deep preferences about. However, I bought some veggie cheese slices at the grocery store the other day as stated above they melt just like other processed cheeses. I thought it was very tasty and really had to restrain myself from having a piece today.

DanafromAustin
02-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Unofficially, DH and I are down over 50 lbs since starting this diet.

We weigh everyday. Can't help it.

I weigh everyday too ;). Congratulations on your joint weight loss effort. It sure is nice to do this with another family member. There is strength in numbers for sure.

shalista
02-12-2012, 08:49 PM
I had a mini meltdown today. I am almost done with Wk 2, so still new to IP. I am kind of embarrassed about it, but don't really have anyone to talk to that would understand. We went out to eat today for the third day in a row. I did not want to go, but in the situation, didn't have much of a choice. My son wrestles, so we went to getting dinner after his match out of town. It was time for lunch, and they all voted to go to a buffet (Royal Fork, for those that know) and they have a little bit of everything. He wrestled on Friday, same thing, then last night I had to work all day and we ended up hitting a BWW last night since everyone else was starving. All the places we went had things I could eat and I stayed OP all the times. But today I just was mad. We are at this place with all this food, and I LOVE food and love to eat. A buffet with unlimited everything and desserts too. I had salad, and I had some roasted turkey. And I sat down to take my first bite and I just had tears well up in my eyes and I was so upset. Finally my DH asked what was wrong and I said "ok, you like beer. Lets pretend that you are trying to quit drinking beer and every day we take to you a bar with dozens of beers, but you have to drink water." and he was like "oh, I understand" No, he doesn't. He's thin. He's always been think, eats crappy food and never gains weight. he does NOT understand. He might have understood possibly how I felt, but he does not get it. I wasn't necessarily mad at him and my family at all, it just finally got to me I guess. I never broke plan, and I know I can do this. But today was just a tough day.

Next weekend we are going to Minneapolis for two days and it will be the same thing. I am almost not looking forward to the trip because of being OP. We always have really enjoyed eating out and going to new restaurants. And I don't intent to cheat, but it certainly does not make things easier.

alex1space
02-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Had a big NSV just now!

Future DH is sick as a dog, so I'm taking care of him. He has refused to eat all day because his stomach hurts.
I finally convinced him to eat something.... he decides on Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches..... My favorite food in the whole world!
I know he didn't do it to be mean... he forgot I couldn't have any (only day 10 today).

SOOO... I made him not one but 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and did not so much as lick the extra off my fingers!!!

So proud of me!!!

NavyMommy
02-12-2012, 09:34 PM
I think I need to do this in a blender.

Haha wow, it sounds like you had quite the full kitchen cooking experience! Totally BTDT. It mixes up really easy in a blender, I didn't even premix the shake, just added the powder and water separate. Plus I put some water and a squrit of soap in my blender and give it a quick whirl when I'm done and clean up is a breeze.

If they're a centimeter wide that's WAY to thick! I do mine at 1/16th of an inch and they're crispy and perfect. I don't know what that equates to in centimeters but just slice them as thin as you can.

[COLOR="Indigo"][B]NavyMommy...LOOK what I found.....

YUM!!!!!! You'll have to let me know how they turn out!

Momto2cs
02-12-2012, 09:36 PM
I had a mini meltdown today. I am almost done with Wk 2, so still new to IP. I am kind of embarrassed about it, but don't really have anyone to talk to that would understand. We went out to eat today for the third day in a row. I did not want to go, but in the situation, didn't have much of a choice. My son wrestles, so we went to getting dinner after his match out of town. It was time for lunch, and they all voted to go to a buffet (Royal Fork, for those that know) and they have a little bit of everything. He wrestled on Friday, same thing, then last night I had to work all day and we ended up hitting a BWW last night since everyone else was starving. All the places we went had things I could eat and I stayed OP all the times. But today I just was mad. We are at this place with all this food, and I LOVE food and love to eat. A buffet with unlimited everything and desserts too. I had salad, and I had some roasted turkey. And I sat down to take my first bite and I just had tears well up in my eyes and I was so upset. Finally my DH asked what was wrong and I said "ok, you like beer. Lets pretend that you are trying to quit drinking beer and every day we take to you a bar with dozens of beers, but you have to drink water." and he was like "oh, I understand" No, he doesn't. He's thin. He's always been think, eats crappy food and never gains weight. he does NOT understand. He might have understood possibly how I felt, but he does not get it. I wasn't necessarily mad at him and my family at all, it just finally got to me I guess. I never broke plan, and I know I can do this. But today was just a tough day.

Next weekend we are going to Minneapolis for two days and it will be the same thing. I am almost not looking forward to the trip because of being OP. We always have really enjoyed eating out and going to new restaurants. And I don't intent to cheat, but it certainly does not make things easier.

You have to decide if you want this or not...it's your "thing" not your dh or anyone else. And it will suck for a long while if he is thin.

So are you up to that challenge? Or are yoou happy as is

purple sky
02-12-2012, 09:38 PM
And I sat down to take my first bite and I just had tears well up in my eyes and I was so upset.

Do you think you can get a good cry out either in front of your family or in private if you are like that. This is not an easy diet and in the early stages it is very very hard to be around food and in particular your favorites. 3 days eating out is a lot of eating out especially if no one else is eating like you.

I think the first thing you need to do is release. This diet (hormones) triggers stuff in us and we may find ourselves to be a bit more emotional than normal. Then, pat yourself on the back for taking such good care of yourself. Really, you are important and you are doing this for you. So big yayyy there. Then, work out something so you are not being forced to eat around all your favorites for a while. Next week or the week after this may be easier but in the beginning it's too hard. Hang in there. It does get easier. But the releases will come and you gotta give yourself permission to release, even privately if you are so inclined.

shalista
02-12-2012, 09:43 PM
You have to decide if you want this or not...it's your "thing" not your dh or anyone else. And it will suck for a long while if he is thin.

So are you up to that challenge? Or are yoou happy as is

I'm not sure where you got the idea I hadn't decided. Clearly I have decided, stayed OP. I had a tough day. If I was happy as is, I wouldn't be doing this.

Mkssweetie
02-12-2012, 09:43 PM

I am sorry you are having a hard time.Be very proud of yourself for being able to find things that work for you no matter what! Keep up the good work knowing as many have said here before that this is not forever but only for now.
Had a big NSV just now!

Future DH is sick as a dog, so I'm taking care of him. He has refused to eat all day because his stomach hurts.
I finally convinced him to eat something.... he decides on Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches..... My favorite food in the whole world!
I know he didn't do it to be mean... he forgot I couldn't have any (only day 10 today).

SOOO... I made him not one but 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and did not so much as lick the extra off my fingers!!!

So proud of me!!!

you have every reason to be proud! Good for you!

mtnsun4
02-12-2012, 09:48 PM

I understand how that feels. Know you are not alone. I had a really crappy day the other day, feeling bummed I could not enjoy certain foods but I know some day I will. I just need to stick it out in the mean time. Hang in there! :hug:

Mkssweetie
02-12-2012, 09:51 PM
I am going to try to find some tomorrow! Thanks!

tenniels
02-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Dumb question, what does DH mean? I know something to do with husband, but other than that I have no idea. Internet shortcuts & lingo are all very new to me. I think my mum was LOLing before I knew what the **** that meant hahaha

thin4me
02-12-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm not sure where you got the idea I hadn't decided. Clearly I have decided, stayed OP. I had a tough day. If I was happy as is, I wouldn't be doing this.

This is one reason why texting is not always the best. People read into things that aren't there. I read her response and took it totally different than you did.

You may be emotional right now and with good reason, we have all been there and you are faced with extra struggles. Staying OP is always easier on our turf. You made a fantastic choice to go with Ideal Protein and in a few weeks you will look back at this and be proud of how far you have come.

I believe the other person was letting you know that you made the decision to go on IP as did the rest of us, it won't be easy but you are doing it for YOU because YOU realize how important it is to take care of YOU first and put every one else second at this time in YOUR life.

Would it work to go "window shopping" for your future wardrobe while the family is eating out next week and then you can enjoy your bar or shake afterwards?

Keep going forward....

canadiancandy
02-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Hello my fellow IP'ers, haven't had much time lately to post but i have been trying to read everyday. gratz to everyone who stayed OP and all the NSV and SV over the past few weeks. Everyone is doing wonderful :)

I am 8ish weeks in and got the chicken soup for the 1st time, ewwwwwww any ideas on how to make this palatable? lol

watermom
02-12-2012, 10:08 PM

hey hope you had a great weekend! LOL I work in Vermilion Mon-Fri:)

patns
02-12-2012, 10:10 PM
hey hope you had a great weekend! LOL I work in Vermilion Mon-Fri:)

Wow it seems Vermillion is a happening place! I live near Vegreville.

Pat

gs463
02-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Dumb question, what does DH mean? I know something to do with husband, but other than that I have no idea. Internet shortcuts & lingo are all very new to me. I think my mum was LOLing before I knew what the **** that meant hahaha

Don't feel bad. I'm not sure what it means either so I'm glad you asked. I keep saying "dumb husband" to myself and laughing cause I'm sure that's not what it stands for. LOL

gs463
02-12-2012, 10:31 PM

Yes, it's allowed.

le506
02-12-2012, 10:32 PM
DH=Dear husband (usually) but dumb works too!

patns
02-12-2012, 10:32 PM
It usually means Dear Husband, but I'm sure Dumb Husband would also be appropriate in some cases.
in fact lots of people say it for other family members such as DD for Dear Daughter.

ShellyT
02-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I have been worrying about my weight loss being minimal compared to some of the others in our little group, but today put on a size smaller jeans and they fit comfortably! I was "over the moon" to say the least. :dancer::dancer:

JoesHotWife
02-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I think it's Darling Husband. Had a great NSV today...day 11 on IP...my fasting blood sugar was 139. It was 414 in December. Better still, it was even lower after dinner tonight!!!! I knew this would work, but WOW!!!

le506
02-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Had a big NSV just now!

So proud of me!!!

THIS is my BIGGEST daily struggle. Making "sticky sandwiches" for my little boys day in and day out, PB on HoneyWheat bread are like candy. They still get them but it is sooo hard on me. I laughed to DH that I never thought I'd miss PB sandwiches more than popcorn or chocolate!

gs463
02-12-2012, 10:41 PM
DH=Dear husband (usually) but dumb works too!

Too funny! I would have never guessed "Dear husband". Personally, I"ll just keep thinking dumb husband and laughing. Sorry to those of you who don't think your husbands are dumb but after 15 years of marriage, for me, I think it kinda fits.

grassfedbeef
02-12-2012, 11:22 PM

You did awesome and should be very proud of yourself! That's really hard to do. I've been on IP for 5 months now and I had one of those nights last night. Stayed OP, but really didn't want to. Hang in there and pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

tenniels
02-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Thank you ladies for explaining to me the DH thing! I was also thinking something along the lines of dumb gs463, and it makes me laugh too!

alex1space
02-13-2012, 12:48 AM
THIS is my BIGGEST daily struggle. Making "sticky sandwiches" for my little boys day in and day out, PB on HoneyWheat bread are like candy. They still get them but it is sooo hard on me. I laughed to DH that I never thought I'd miss PB sandwiches more than popcorn or chocolate!

I could NOT trade places with you!! I would cheat after a few days... once and I had to hide the PB where I couldn't see it!

I thought DH was dumb husband for a long time, too!
I use it interchangeably depending on what mood he is in though. :D

Thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement!!

justme685
02-13-2012, 03:45 AM
Had some incredibly good news today! My best friend got engaged today and she asked me to be her maid of honour!! I am so very excited - and now I have a time to reach my goal! I have never been more excited in my life. I can't wait to be a part of her big day, help plan her wedding, and throw her a shower and bachelorette party :). This week just keeps getting better and better!

beckyjo
02-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Good morning!!

Wow, congrats to all those SVs and NSVs! It's always so inspiring to read other people's experiences, helps me to realize that I can do it too! And NewMom, congrats on Johns Hopkins, what an opportunity!

Hubby and I had a wonderful date last night at Red Lobster and I was able to just enjoy the little bit of alone time we had together, rather than feeling like I was missing out on something due to the food. It was a great feeling, and I actually really enjoyed my crab legs, broccoli, and salad. It has gotten COLD here in FL so I am staying hunkered down inside getting everything ready for a big consignment sale this weekend.

I also decided to do something I never thought I would do before and enter a contest for a local photographer. Since I have seen my body starting to change I am gaining more confidence in front of the mirror, but my old view of myself at 220 lbs is still the one I carry with me. I really think that if I get some photos taken (something I'm hoping to do regardless) it might help change my view of myself. It's kind of nerve wracking to step out of your box sometimes!!

It is amazing how we can have a freind lose weight and we dont remeber what they looked like before. However when it is us we tend to think of our old selves. Get your pictures made and enjoy every minute of it you have worked hard to get where you are.

maykatcooper
02-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Had some incredibly good news today! My best friend got engaged today and she asked me to be her maid of honour!! I am so very excited - and now I have a time to reach my goal! I have never been more excited in my life. I can't wait to be a part of her big day, help plan her wedding, and throw her a shower and bachelorette party :). This week just keeps getting better and better!

So excited for you! 40 years go my best friend did the same thing. She is in LA and I am in PA. She called just last week and it could just as well have been 40 years ago... Still great friends. Build wonderful memories. Smile. You'll look so beautiful and happy at your goal.