Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 8/9 - 8/14

Diana3271
08-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

iamerican
08-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Hello! Its a new week! So after being stuck on 245-243 for about 5 weeks. WHOOOSH! I am at 239.8 this morning. Oh happy day!

shellsbrood
08-07-2011, 07:33 PM
iamerican--Wow, what a woosh, congrats!! :carrot:

Diana--Have a great week, too! :hug:

Today's Info:

Weight: No change

Breakfast: small cinnamon roll with no topping (120) (with topping it said 140...so I'm guessing?), coffee (40)
Snack: 6 pieces of Good and Plenty (50), 2 pieces of Dove chocolate (80)
Lunch: Veggie soup (120), whole grain bread (200), earth balance (40)
Dinner: 2 oz of nuts, spring mix salad w/ fat free Catalina (500)
Snack: Popcorn (300)

Calories: 1450

I've been gone this weekend getting my mom ready to go back to college. While we drove up to deepest darkest Maine, we took the coast and enjoyed the different parts of the gorgeous rocky Maine coast. I've also been studying for my midterm tomorrow. Wish me well! :book2:

berryblondeboys
08-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Hello! Its a new week! So after being stuck on 245-243 for about 5 weeks. WHOOOSH! I am at 239.8 this morning. Oh happy day!

Fantastic!

Diana3271
08-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Iamerican Congrats on the whoosh and breaking into the 230's!

Shells Good luck on the midterm exams.

Berry Hi :wave: Check out your new avatar!

mlgibson
08-07-2011, 09:15 PM
I had a bad day. :(

Weighed under 160 today, and we went out to eat. And I got a buffalo chicken wrap and fries. I ate the sandwich and most of the fries. I don't know the calories for that...don't know if I want to know.

So I had half a serving of protein powder, a Special K bar, that horrible lunch, and then 280 calories worth of chicken egg rolls for dinner.

And then when I went for the three mile walk with the small pony that is my dog, it rained us out.

I doubt that 159 stayed after today. :(:(

shishkeberry
08-07-2011, 09:32 PM
iamerican, way to go! Let's have a great week! I don't think I'm doing any strength training this week. We bought our DS a Wii for his birthday and I hurt my back playing bowling on Wii Sports. I've played it before without hurting myself so I don't know what's wrong. I've been taking tylenol and getting back rubs from DF but nothing is helping. It's like a knife in my right shoulder blade. It hurts to turn and breathe :( i'm ok if I just sit still. I might go to the gym for some cardio and maybe leg exercises, but rows and lat pulldowns are out.

Larry H
08-07-2011, 10:36 PM

iamerican Congratulations!! Persistence sure paid off!!

:carrot: :bravo: :cb: :dancer: :twirly: :sunny: :jig: :broc: :dance: :flame: :goodscale: :congrat: :yay: :cheer: :hyper:

Larry

jeniansmom
08-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Maile:

re the lemon chicken:

first time I've made it and I can taste the garlic way more than the lemon but the recipe was:
2 cloves minced garlic, 4 TB olive oil, 2 TB chopped fresh parsley (love my herb garden!), 3 TB lemon juice - fresh preferred, 1/8 tsp pepper, 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts. Marinade chicken at least 5 hours, cook as desired.

I didn't use fresh lemon juice so not sure if that's why I don't taste the lemon much. I will probably add some lemon zest next time.

Jen

berryblondeboys
08-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Well gals (and fella), I'm officially very part time employed. I was just offered the Director of Religious Education postion with our Ethical Society (much like the Unitarians - we are very much nonfaith based teaching about ethics, world religions, better treatment of others, etc).

While it's part time and the pay is crud, it's employment and something I will enjoy. I can add to my employment area something current and hopefully it will jump start a REAL job search which I plan to start this fall.

And yes, Diana, my new avatar. I'll have more pics on my blog tomorrow. It's for the 60 pounds lost. Last photo was 40 pounds lost. Can't see much difference, honestly!

alaskanlaughter
08-08-2011, 12:49 AM
hi everyone! i am here :) i had another day of trying to be more relaxed about my eating but it didnt go so well...i wanted everything in sight and ate far more than i should have...strangely enough, i kept it to moderation with a rhubarb crisp that i made that went with ice cream...i had more restraint with that than apparently anything else i ate today...i am stuffed but it's from a healthy chicken salad with vinaigrette dressing...although i have one more day off tomorrow, i am making it a "back on plan" day because i dont like feeling like i want to stuff myself silly with everything in sight...i was even starting to crave pizza and junk food and stuff so im not going to bother with another relaxed food day, just getting right back on plan before i fall farther off...didnt count calories or carbs today and not even sure how i would with the rhubarb crisp etc..it was mostly rhubarb, strawberries and splenda so i dont suppose it was THAT bad but still...

tomorrow i have some big cleaning projects, need to hem my pants and my son has his cousin over tonight for the last summer sleepover...then it's off to work on tuesday

tried to help my little sister, over the phone, figure out how to offload photos from her camera to her computer and email them to people...she is SOOOO computer-illiterate...she doesnt understand that you are looking at the contents of your camera on the computer and "why does it disappear when i turn the camera off?"....she cant create a folder and doesnt know how to click and drag and doesnt know what a desktop is even when i explain it to her...she calls everything an "icon" regardless of whether its an image, a folder or an application...she clicks random things within programs and then cant figure out what happened, leaving me to ask 5923 times "tell me what you see on your screen now"...very, very patiently in my best teacher voice...we did this FOR HOURS!!...and she NEVER EVER figured it out...*sigh*

Diana3271
08-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Good Morning! :wave: I hope you have a great week!

Berry I could see a difference immediately when I saw it. Great job!

DZachery Have a safe/fun trip to TN!

Weigh In: 146.4
Down: 1.8 pounds

I slept better last night than I have all week.

mamakat
08-08-2011, 08:17 AM
alaskan, you just described me and my DH. Of course it's me whose computer illiterate :) But he does the same as you when he's at work "tell me what you see now". We've had that talk over the phone so many times. :lol: It's funny because I thought I was the only one. He gets mad because he feels in this day and age everyone should know more, but for some reason I can't retain it. I know on and off and how to get to my mail and the rest is guess work. :D

Berry I like your new avatar. You look cheerier in red. That's a great color on you.

iamerican Congrats I know how important getting off of 243 is. I think I found what you lost. I don't think I'll ever leave 243, but so glad that you did. :)

shish I hope your back gets better soon. Our backs are so weird, my DH can pull his by bending over and picking up a sock.

mlgibson I hope today is better for you. You saw 159 so you know you can get there and if it's not there today then I'm sure you'll see it again soon. :)

Ugh, I just spilled an entire cup of coffee on my floor, books and electrical cords. That totally sucks. Guess I've got some cleaning to do. Have a great day every one. :)

themilesawaygirl
08-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Well I'm back again after another week of eating my bodyweight in food daily. Going to try my absolute best to not slip up this week. The festival / birthday season is over now so I've got the rest of August with only a few social events where I should be able to follow a much more regular diet / exercise plan.

I can never decide how to control my diet, with all these lo/no carb, wheat-free, low sugar, low fat diets around I feel like just plain calorie counting is cheating in some way, or not committing enough. My B/F has been following the Dukan diet, and the thought of that horrifies me. I think I need to get it into my head that eating whole grain, lots of fruit and veg and getting some protein is a good thing, and I don't have to cut out zillions of food groups in order to feel that my 'diet' is justified.

mamakat
08-08-2011, 08:58 AM
themilesaway I think you're right. If you were to go on a diet you didn't feel comfortable with then chances are you wouldn't stick on the diet. I think that's whats important. You've got to find whats good for you, not what everyone else is doing. You know you best and you know what works for you. So no justification needed :)

berryblondeboys
08-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Well I'm back again after another week of eating my bodyweight in food daily. Going to try my absolute best to not slip up this week. The festival / birthday season is over now so I've got the rest of August with only a few social events where I should be able to follow a much more regular diet / exercise plan.

I can never decide how to control my diet, with all these lo/no carb, wheat-free, low sugar, low fat diets around I feel like just plain calorie counting is cheating in some way, or not committing enough. My B/F has been following the Dukan diet, and the thought of that horrifies me. I think I need to get it into my head that eating whole grain, lots of fruit and veg and getting some protein is a good thing, and I don't have to cut out zillions of food groups in order to feel that my 'diet' is justified.

You have to do what works for you. I limit my carbs because of my blood sugar issues which I created myself by overeating on sugars for all those years. For me, I found I was addicted to sugar - plain and simple. Cutting those out made me feel better and it's working on this weight loss journey. BUT... it's not for everyone. We all need to figure out what works for us. I personally cannot stand prescribed diets as they are too restrictive to most people, but some people need that to teach them how to eat portions or what foods to go to. I can understand that, but please don't feel like you are 'cheating' by doing the simple calorie counting. Fact is, it works!

Diana3271
08-08-2011, 09:10 AM
themilesawaygirl Nothing wrong with calorie counting. It has worked for me. I've basically lost what you weigh. I try to watch the carbs/sugars because it has helped tremendously with cravings. If I'm not craving junk, I probably won't be eating junk. ;)

violet826
08-08-2011, 09:44 AM
LOL- Oops, I posted in last weeks thread.

Well, a quick weight update here. I weighed in this morning at 152.4! 4 pounds lost last week! yay!

K9Owner
08-08-2011, 10:12 AM
I have been sitting at my computer for 30 min contemplating posting something this a.m. on this forum. I don’t really know why. I have been on holiday for a week, back at home for a week, and now I have been off of a very BAD weekend food/diet/exercise wise.

I know that if I stop now, I will regain all of what I have lost and then some. However, to be quite honest, I feel as though I am becoming comfortable, which is right where I DON’T want to be.

I am inspired by all of you guys hard work, sacrifice, willpower, and determination. I am beginning to wonder what I will do when they sky is not sunny, and I will no longer be able to be outside for exercise. Sure, we have gyms around. I’ve been a member of a couple of them, but I get bored with going. I never become bored with the great outdoors.

This thread is often difficult to keep up with, but I don’t really feel pressured to comment on every single status update. It is more of accountability to me. I feel like if I share my successes as well as failures here, at least I have made it a written confession, and that keeps me accountable. I also know that when I don’t post here, I do poorly. There has to be a correlation to that somewhere.

Last night I did not run. It was 102F and at 7pm, at the beginning of sunset, the temp was still 97F. After last week’s attempt to run in 106F, I didn’t even attempt it. I had hydrated properly for it, but since I didn’t run, I overate 500 cals [which is what I planned to burn on the run]. :(

Since I started weighing everyday, I have really taken to heart the advice from this forum and not been so caught up in the daily fluctuations, b/c I know many of them were water weight. However, this weekend, it is just not the case. I am up 4 lbs since Fri, and many of those are true “eating” cals. About 2 of it is water, but having to lose this all over for weeks at a time is really frustrating to me.

I go back to work Friday, where I will work during the day and not at night. Then back on Sunday at night. Between now and then, I have a lot of evaluating to do to attempt to get myself back on some type of track.

Hope everyone has a healthy, OP day!

mlgibson
08-08-2011, 11:05 AM
mlgibson I hope today is better for you. You saw 159 so you know you can get there and if it's not there today then I'm sure you'll see it again soon. :)

Ugh, I just spilled an entire cup of coffee on my floor, books and electrical cords. That totally sucks. Guess I've got some cleaning to do. Have a great day every one. :)

Hey, cleaning burns calories...? Lol. Sorry about the coffee.

And today I decided to try on the size 10 work pants I have. And...they fit! Kinda tight, but they don't look bad. And don't make a muffin top.
So... YIPPIE!!! :carrot:

When I weigh Wed, hoping to see that 159 or lower...going to have a good day today aside from 9 hours of work.

themilesawaygirl
08-08-2011, 11:27 AM
I have been on holiday for a week, back at home for a week, and now I have been off of a very BAD weekend food/diet/exercise wise.

I know that if I stop now, I will regain all of what I have lost and then some. However, to be quite honest, I feel as though I am becoming comfortable, which is right where I DON’T want to be.

I am inspired by all of you guys hard work, sacrifice, willpower, and determination.

This thread is often difficult to keep up with...

Since I started weighing everyday, I have really taken to heart the advice from this forum and not been so caught up in the daily fluctuations, b/c I know many of them were water weight. However, this weekend, it is just not the case. I am up 4 lbs since Fri, and many of those are true “eating” cals. About 2 of it is water, but having to lose this all over for weeks at a time is really frustrating to me.

K9, I've edited your post to include everything that I'm feeling too! Since I went on my first break back in June, I've been good for a couple of days then terrible for the rest of the week. I've gained back everything I've lost and get frustrated with myself.

But we all have off days, you've come a long way and you know it's never a smooth ride. Once you get back a few on plan days, I bet you'll be feeling loads better and get your motivation back to carry being positive and healthy! You can do it :) :hug:

mamakat
08-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Alright the ticker has been altered to show my progress from last week of 241...LOL is progress if you gain? No. Oh well. I didn't "confess" Friday's food fest because to be honest I'm not calling it a cheat. Cheating implies to something deceitful and I didn't. I had a plan (fried bread) and I was sticking to it. LOL I think it was harder for my family than for me. The first carb in a month and my son freaked out and blamed my daughter...she shared a fry :p The second (too many to count) carb was pizza which made everyone look bewildered (everyone but me...I totally enjoyed the heck out of that pizza) and the last (fried bread) I got a huge belly ache and gave 1/2 to my daughter. By the end of the night they all wanted to "treat" me to my last carb cotton candy...a favorite. One bite and I nearly :barf:.

I wasn't going to share that, but reading K9 and themilesaway's post made me feel (not bad or guilty) empathetic? I'm not sure that's the word I'm looking for. But Friday morning I was feeling discouraged I was stuck on lousy 243 all that week and the weeks before and I was beginning to wonder why the heck am I doing this is I'm not seeing results. That's one reason I said what the heck, one day is not going to kill me as it's life and we've got so much time to change things up. A day, a week, a month...heck, even a year sometimes, we have time to change. Like I said it wasn't a "cheat" for me, because the only one it affects (aside from shock to my family) is me. Accountability to any one other than ourselves is just a mere formality...we don't "owe" anyone our lives. We do it, hopefully, as a show of camaraderie. This is our life and only one of our struggles. Everyone here can relate to this struggle. We can relate to discouragement, the challenges, some of us can even relate to the victories. But all that is nothing if it doesn't mean something to us.

I really have no idea where I was going with all that. LOL. I just want those of us who struggle with this (and that's all of us) to know no matter where you are in this journey, we know how you feel. Whether or not we continue this struggle is a singular decision even when we want others to succeed. The hardest part of this battle is not the weight, but the mind. It's a battle not day by day, but minute by minute. And the only way to lose this battle is by giving up on us. Pounds don't have to be dropped weekly, monthly or during a season to prove that we are winning this battle. It's our mindset. Our determination. Our belief in ourselves. And that is the hardest battle.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day :)

alaskanlaughter
08-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I have been sitting at my computer for 30 min contemplating posting something this a.m. on this forum. I don’t really know why. I have been on holiday for a week, back at home for a week, and now I have been off of a very BAD weekend food/diet/exercise wise.

I am inspired by all of you guys hard work, sacrifice, willpower, and determination. I am beginning to wonder what I will do when they sky is not sunny, and I will no longer be able to be outside for exercise. Sure, we have gyms around. I’ve been a member of a couple of them, but I get bored with going. I never become bored with the great outdoors.

This thread is often difficult to keep up with, but I don’t really feel pressured to comment on every single status update. It is more of accountability to me. I feel like if I share my successes as well as failures here, at least I have made it a written confession, and that keeps me accountable. I also know that when I don’t post here, I do poorly. There has to be a correlation to that somewhere.

Last night I did not run. It was 102F and at 7pm, at the beginning of sunset, the temp was still 97F. After last week’s attempt to run in 106F, I didn’t even attempt it. I had hydrated properly for it, but since I didn’t run, I overate 500 cals [which is what I planned to burn on the run]. :(

I go back to work Friday, where I will work during the day and not at night. Then back on Sunday at night. Between now and then, I have a lot of evaluating to do to attempt to get myself back on some type of track.

Hope everyone has a healthy, OP day!

:hug::hug: you can do this! where's that saying about in the long run, its not about motivation but commitment instead?...something like that...dont worry about what will happen when the summer ends, just stick with it one day at a time and you can do it! i dont know what will happen when i go back to work tomorrow but i figure i can do it one day at a time...:hug: and im glad you didnt run in that kind of heat:hug:

shishkeberry
08-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Well said, mamakat.

Andejean
08-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi all!

After a crazy hectic weekend, I made it to the gym, used the elliptical, the stationary bike, the leg press, the crunch table, and the tricep press, scale was down 2.5 lbs from last Wednesday. I think I'm headed in the right direction again. :)

alaskanlaughter
08-08-2011, 03:43 PM
my last day off "real work" before i go back tomorrow...so far i have done some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned off the entertainment center and straightened the stuff inside the glass doors, and gone to the store...now it's time to make DH some lunch and start cleaning the two bathrooms...i like having things to keep me busy :)

Larry H
08-08-2011, 04:01 PM
A drum roll please!!

Finally a whoosh!:D A three (3) pound whoosh!! :carrot:

A new low for me of 219. :D:D Hello twoteens!! :D:carrot::D

Larry

Mojojuju
08-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Mondays are supposed to be a day off from my physical training, but since I only swam yesterday, I decided to take a walk. I couldn't help myself and ran a couple minutes, but tried to keep it easy.

Today I went to see a movie (Captain America--he's dreamy!) and that's a major food trigger time for me. I wanted Jr. Mints, Popcorn, diet soda, cookie dough bites--but I didn't have any of it.

No matter--I was taken out to lunch afterwards and undid it all by eating an amazing pulled pork quesidilla. Mmmmm. 1050 calories of mmmmm.

But it's actually okay--I still have some calories to go today, and I'm going to be under plan. I had eaten lightly in the morning, just in case. Planning ahead ftw!

Reading the the thread today is very inspiring! It's amazing how similar our experiences are food-wise. It makes me feel less guilty and bad about myself--more forgiving. Which is helpful. It makes me not want to freak and give up if I don't eat perfectly.

I'm probably not going to have this weight tomorrow, but this morning my scale did read 284.6--if it sticks around for a couple days I might even update my ticker! Who knows?

Optimism. :)

Mojojuju
08-08-2011, 04:11 PM
LARRY! CONGRATS!!!!!

:broc:

alaskanlaughter
08-08-2011, 04:54 PM
congrats larry!!!!

and darius, here is another link on the orange goo up north

http://www.adn.com/2011/08/08/2005526/orange-goo-on-village-shore-is.html

Maile
08-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Maile:

re the lemon chicken:

first time I've made it and I can taste the garlic way more than the lemon but the recipe was:
2 cloves minced garlic, 4 TB olive oil, 2 TB chopped fresh parsley (love my herb garden!), 3 TB lemon juice - fresh preferred, 1/8 tsp pepper, 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts. Marinade chicken at least 5 hours, cook as desired.

I didn't use fresh lemon juice so not sure if that's why I don't taste the lemon much. I will probably add some lemon zest next time.

Jen
Thanks..that looks excellent. I will try it.

Weigh in and lost 1 pound..164..today.
My daughter is here and I watched everyone wine tasting.

zoodoo613
08-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Today I went to see a movie (Captain America--he's dreamy!) and that's a major food trigger time for me. I wanted Jr. Mints, Popcorn, diet soda, ...

Wow, you did so much better than I did when I saw Captain America. I caved.

mlgibson
08-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Wow, you did so much better than I did when I saw Captain America. I caved.

So did I! I had chocolate covered raisins. :(

It was delicious though, lol.

berryblondeboys
08-08-2011, 09:58 PM
So did I! I had chocolate covered raisins. :(

It was delicious though, lol.

Huh, I have never bought stuff at the movie theater. I grew up poor, so just GOING to see a movie was a big deal and even as an adult, I cannot fathom paying the prices they ask for. But, we also don't eat in front of the TV at home either. Maybe that's part of it.

I guess it's something I should be thankful for that it's a habit I don't have to break.

berryblondeboys
08-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Well, I was going to try to do personals tonight, but I'm exhausted. I'm ready to hit the hay. The step workout tonight took it all out of me - big time. I was already tired and that took me over the edge. Body Pump tomorrow - but no hubby. He's still too sore from Saturday. I totally don't get that!

Diana3271
08-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I got busy and didn't get a chance to come back to do personals. :( I hope you have a good night and sleep well.

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Pork chop 400 calories
1 very small piece of bread (just the inside, no butter) 100 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Weights (Premix: Time-Saver Full Body w/#10s)
TF HIIT 15
TF Fire 30

jeniansmom
08-08-2011, 10:34 PM
berry: love the new avatar pic..can def see a difference. I took a peak at your blog too and saw your progress pics. Wow! WTG!!....and congrats on the p/t job :)

Maile: yw :) let me know what you think. DH really liked it. DS said it was too garlicy.

larry: congrats!! ... and thank you for the link :) great site!

Andejean: wtg!

mamakat: :hug: hear, hear! and (from last week's thread) way cool on the new flexibility/strength!

K9 and themilesawaygirl: :hug:

K9: just a thought...is it time to reaffirm for yourself why you are doing this? what started you on the journey in the first place? what your goals are (not just the number) and to take stock of where you are vs where you were?
This is something we do in our office periodically and I think it helps in other parts of life too.

mlgibson: yay on the pants!

violet: woohoo!

shiske: I hope your back is feeling better :( Do you have a chiropractor?

iamerican: yay for you!

WannaBeLoserAgain: :hug: I hope today saw your spirits lifted.

LGW: great job!

darius: congrats!!

Things are pretty calm in my world. Eating has been good..carbs/cals/fat/sodium all doing pretty well. Still no exercise to speak of but the scale is not being too scarey. Been having fun shopping for healthy ingredients and trying some different recipes. Have made a yummy low carb/low sodium bbq sauce and some high fiber low carb brownies. I ate more of them than I should have today (TTOM needs to get here already!) but was within the range I want to be in.

A bit of family stress but overall things are good. I know there is always a storm on the horizon, but I am enjoying the calm while it lasts.

Hope all are happy and healthy.
Jen

shishkeberry
08-08-2011, 10:37 PM
I never bought movie food either. Too expensive and I'm not much for candy or popcorn. I always went and got fast food and brought it in my purse. :o like some dollar burgers or stuff from taco bell.
Today is one of my not very hungry days. I'm only at 600 cals and it's nearly 10:30. I'm thinking about ordering something with my birthday money. (my AIL gave me a belated birthday card on Saturday) there's not really much to eat here until I get groceries on payday. There's frozen meat and veggies in the freezer for dinners but not much else. So on one hand I know I should eat something because 600 is just too low, I'm not hungry enough for frozen veggies. Ugh I don't know what I should do. I don't really like frozen veggies as a snack. If I had some raw carrots or cauliflower it would be different. I guess I better decide soon. Everything that delivers closes at 11 and I'm home alone with the kids so I can't go anywhere. Blah

shishkeberry
08-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Way to go, Larry! I'm so pleased to hear that the water weight is gone and you got a whoosh to boot! Great job!
My back does feel a little better today, thanks for asking. I didn't play any wii today just in case. No, I don't have a chiropractor. I also don't have insurance or money to see one :( It's not too bad today. I only took tylenol once. As long as I don't bend funny I'm ok.

iamerican
08-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Larry: COngrats. :)

My new movie theater trick is to bring in suckers. still calories, but they help me resist the horrible popcorn and other candy cravings that could sabotage me.

I did C25k w3d2 today. Went a lot better than yesterday, but I am exhausted. No time for personals :( Night all!

K9Owner
08-08-2011, 10:53 PM
A couple of personals:

MLGibson: :dust: to you, friend! We fight this battle together! You’re just taller!! ;)

iUSAN: :bravo: on your whoosh! You certainly needed a boost! Keep up the great work!

Melissa: :love: the new avi! And, I checked out your progress pics, just didn’t commie on that forum, but you are looking FABULOUS! I can defo tell a 40/60 difference, even if you find it hard to do the same! Keep up the marvelous work!!

Larry: :bravo: on your whoosh as well!! I am sooooo glad that edema is gone bye bye without a visit to one of my colleagues!

MilesAway: Thank you so much for your kind words. We, too, are right there together! Is it something about the 140s?? I don’t get it! They are hard for the middle of the road 5’2”-5’5” to accomplish and overcome, it seems!!

MamaKat: As usual, your words have inspired me, once again. Thank you for being here! I appreciate your thoughts!!
I totally agree that the hardest part is the MIND!

Alaskan: Yeah, I think I read that commitment/motivation slogan somewhere. Commitment picks up where motivation ends!
Best of luck on your first day tomorrow. You will do well, no doubt!! I hope you have fun in the process though!

JenIan: Enjoy the “calm” while you have it! ;)
You bring up a very good point. Where am I really trying to go? Defo NOT where I am right now. I do not have children, so there is no reason for me not to have a decent body underneath my clothing [no major surgeries, stitching, or scars]. When I started—in April—the goal was to get back down to the size I was in ’07 (140), when I was a c25K coach. I have lost this same 20 lbs 2 times previously. I know I am older now, but 140 really isn’t too unrealistic for a person of my height.

When I look at myself, I see all of the flab I have on my abs and in my upper arms. I know in order to tone these 2 problem areas will take a great deal of work. I just have to have a new plan, a new exercise regime, and a new strategy with food!

Diana32: :hug: Thinking of you tonight as I sit here holding my babs, thanking God for another day with them.
I pray you are not too lonely, but somehow, I know that is a fabrication of the truth. :hug:

K9Owner
08-08-2011, 11:02 PM
As for myself, I had a hodgepodge type of day. I burned many cals, but didn’t wear my Polar, except to play tennis.
So, I have no idea really how many cals I burned.

Monday’s Menu
FF Cheese Omelet, ½ Powerbar 323
**Skipped Lunch**
Heart Healthy Mix, Grilled Chicken Spud, Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream, Chopped Pecans 602
Total: 925

Exercise
Tennis 240
HIIT 2 hours mixed with some weights
K9 walk 30 min

I may grab watermelon before bed. I need to take a Melatonin, b/c I'm feeling rather snacky! :devil:

darius
08-09-2011, 03:58 AM
Alaskan thanks very much for posting the link to the latest news story.

Diana3271
08-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Weigh In: 145.4
Down: 1 pound

Larry Great job on that whoosh! :carrot:

K9 Thank you. It's funny, DH and I had discussed that we were not going to get another dog once something happened to Magnum. I don't think I mentioned this, but the day after Magnum passed I was looking at dogs online and DH said, no more dogs. The next day, DH was looking at dogs online and literally crying. :cry: I told him no more dogs. Right after that DH "informed" me that we were getting another dog and that was all there was to it. We haven't gotten anything, yet. I am going to leave that up to DH. I am more interested in getting a dog from a pet rescue, but I think DH wants to get one from the place where we got Magnum. :dunno: Another funny thing, Magnum was originally an outside dog. As he got older and the temps in the Summer seem to be getting hotter, he became an inside dog. Mind you, DH never liked dogs in the house. I told DH (jokingly ;)) that if we get another dog, it will not be an inside dog. He informed me that the dog will be an inside dog and he won't have it any other way. :D Magnum was a very special pet and changed/improved our lives in so many ways. DH said that he really misses getting home from work, sitting in his recliner, and being able to pet or hold Magnum.

zoodoo613
08-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Wow, it seems like a lot of people are going through a lot of the same stuff. I also didn't want to post, because I ate a bunch of junk on Saturday (caved at the movie) and didn't want to not mention it, but didn't want to whine about it either.

Sunday we went to The Great Escape. I'm not a a fan of amusement parks in general, but my son had a free pass for turning in all his reading logs for the school year, and I felt bad not letting him use it. He brought a friend, and we had a good time and did tons of walking and I'm too cheap to buy all the crappy food inside the park, so it ended up being a lower calorie day. Yesterday was pretty much on track too, and I did my art-class-walk last night and will again tonight.

I feel like I'm messing up right and left lately. And I have been, but I'm on track more days than I'm off. My loss has slowed substantially, but it hasn't stopped. People talk about throwing in the towel when they'd messed up, and it isn't something I ever thought I did, but I've never really tried losing weight beyond the point where it was easy for me to stay focused before. So here I am, feeling like a screw up, but still at it.

ETA: I don't change my ticker very often, but it just so happens that it's right on the money this morning. :)

shellsbrood
08-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes, yesterday. The Midterm went well and I got a 100%! :carrot:

Yesterday's Info:

Weight: same

Breakfast: PB toast, coffee (300)
Lunch: soup, piece of bread (350)
Snack: Nuts (190)
Dinner: pasta bake (500)
Snack: Fat free frozen yogurt (120)
Calories: 1460 (a VERY carby day :^: )

Have a great day! :wave:

shellsbrood
08-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Diana--:hug:

Diana3271
08-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Shells Thank you. Great job on the midterm!

Zoodoo Whatever you do, don't throw in the towel. You are having more on plan days than off. You will get there!

berryblondeboys
08-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Got a full night of sleep and I'm still tired - go figure! Hubby went to bed after me and was up before the alarm. So odd as he used to be impossible to get up in the morning and I was usually up.

Doing bodypump today at noon as I mentioned. Looking forward to it. I really love that class! Who would have thunk after all my feet dragging with doing strength training in the basement?

Down a pound today - but that's going to be very temporary I figure.

Diana3271
08-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Berry Enjoy the BodyPump class! I struggle with doing weight work. Hate it! I am a cardio girl! ;) I follow my TurboFire rotation, though. I do weight work when the rotation calls for it. This week, I have weights scheduled for 3 days.

berryblondeboys
08-09-2011, 08:51 AM
It's funny, DH and I had discussed that we were not going to get another dog once something happened to Magnum. I don't think I mentioned this, but the day after Magnum passed I was looking at dogs online and DH said, no more dogs. The next day, DH was looking at dogs online and literally crying. :cry: I told him no more dogs. Right after that DH "informed" me that we were getting another dog and that was all there was to it. We haven't gotten anything, yet. I am going to leave that up to DH. I am more interested in getting a dog from a pet rescue, but I think DH wants to get one from the place where we got Magnum. :dunno: Another funny thing, Magnum was originally an outside dog. As he got older and the temps in the Summer seem to be getting hotter, he became an inside dog. Mind you, DH never liked dogs in the house. I told DH (jokingly ;)) that if we get another dog, it will not be an inside dog. He informed me that the dog will in inside dog and he won't have it any other way. :D Magnum was a very special pet and changed/improved our lives in so many ways. DH said that he really misses getting home from work, sitting in his recliner, and being able to pet or hold Magnum.

The adjustment of losing a pet is so hard and while getting a new pet solves the lonely problem, it doesn't solve the "I miss THAT pet". So sad that most pets live such a short time.

violet826
08-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Morning everyone! Im so upset! The scale said 153.4 this morning. Yesterday it said 152.4. I ate soooo good yeserday too. Veggies, tuna, grilled chicken and whole wheat sandwich thin rounds. I also did an hour long ZUMBA classs...

I drank some wine Sunday night.. So I was expecting a water gain yesterday, but not today?? I also started my... ahem.... a few days ago too.. But why would I gain the weight now instead of yesterday or the day before?

Anyways, I just wanted to vent. Its soo discouraging when I see a gain after eating healthy when all I really wanted was a big juicy hamburger

Vixsin
08-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi All,

Jumping in late. Super busy weekend of birthday parties and movies and loads of fun. I'm up a bit from my low but ya gotta live life, right? :) No worries. I'm still working on getting my sleep. It's always a challenge. My eating has been pretty good with some indulgences. I'm still plugging along.

I've got so much work to do, I'll have to start my catch up reading a little later. I'm thinking of you guys!! Miss ya!!!

themilesawaygirl
08-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Mamakat Thanks for the wise words.

Andejean Well done for getting to the gym, good job :)

Alaskan Way to go on keeping busy! I'm a fundamentally lazy person at heart, I'd like to change that and be a busy bee like you!

Larry Congrats on the whoosh!

Mojojuju Well done resisting the movie snack tempations! I don't have that much control, we buy a small pack of sweets and some popcorn to take in with us, cheaper and smaller portions so still a bit of a naughty treat but without the horrendous price.

Berry I can totally feel your hubby's pain. When I first started power pump (I assume it's the same thing) I struggled to stand up / walk down stairs for nearly a week. I've not been going to the gym regularly for a couple of months now and when I go to a weights class I can feel the pain for a good few days after still. I hope he feels better soon and is brave enough to go back!

Diana32 I think I missed the terrible news about Magnum. I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you through this difficult time, I hope you and DH, friends and family are able to support each other through the sadness. Xx :hug:

Jeniansmom I'm glad things are calm right now. Hopefully the storm (if it does come) will pass quickly and smoothly and not cause you too much stress.

Shish I know it's written everywhere that eating too little isn't good, but maybe if you're really not hungry then you won't do any harm if you don't eat. I do believe that listening to your body is often the right thing to do for you. Hope you worked it out in the end and I also hope your back mends really soon. :hug:

K9 I think 140 is the weight I could most easily maintain, but I have a very small frame and it's actually quite overweight for my build. I've definitely with you on the new exercise regime and food strategy - we can do this, I know we can :)

Zoodoo The fact that you have more on days than off sounds like a success to me. As you can tell from these boards, we all have our struggles, and the attitude you have that you're still at it is a brilliant sign of your strength and determintation that's got you this far! Keep at it and you'll be so proud of yourself. On another note - what is your art-class-walk? It sounds like fun :)

Shells 100%?!!!! WOW! congrats to you :carrot:

Violet I'm sure you already know this, but you have to accept fluctuations when weighing daily. If you're eating right and working out then you know you're doing well, and evetually the scale will show that, as well as your body shape changing for the better. Keep going and stay focused and you will be rewarded in the long run :hug:

Hi :wave: to everyone I've missed, there's so many of you!
------------------------------------------------
So I don't know how much UK news you guys get over the pond, but we're having a pretty nasty time here in London with riots at the moment. Stupid kids with no moral code have been looting shops and businesses all over the city, setting fire to cars and buildings and charging at police. They say there's an extra 10000 police officers on the streets tonight but it's still a pretty scary place to be right now.

So because of this, all the shops are shut and we have no food!! I've been good yesterday and trying to stick at it all week. Not made it to the gym yet but we're being told to get back to our homes early for safety so hopefully this awful situation will pass soon and I can get back to my long lost gym routine!

I'll let you guys know what's going on, please have in your thoughts the people who've lost their homes and businesses. I know I do.

Mojojuju
08-09-2011, 11:30 AM
My run this morning was BRUTALLY hard. I don't know why. The sun was hot, yes, but there was a breeze. I only ran five walked five, but those last five turned into three and a half from my wheezing and gasping for air. I kind of wish I lived at the bottom of a hill, so that the last half of my run would be DOWNHILL instead of UPHILL, but ah well!

Maybe it was so hard because of the junk I ate yesterday. Maybe it was hard because I ran out of protein powder to put in my pre-jog yogurt. Maybe taking two days on easier exercise threw me back a step. Whatever the reason, I had my butt kicked today.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I have iron resolve to eat beautifully today. No junk and nonsense.

Hope you all are having a great day!

Mojojuju
08-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Themilesawaygirl: PLEASE take care of yourself! Women are often targets of idiot roving kids who feel temporarily liberated from the rules of society. If you have any pepper spray or anything like that, keep it on your person till this mess cools down. At the very least, travel with a buddy for a bit.

I hope it calms down there!

K9Owner
08-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Diana32: AWE!! I am delighted to hear this news. Ya know, both of my k9s are rescue. I wouldn’t trade them for kennel ones. I didn’t have a clue DH was looking for us another one until he showed up one night while I was working and phoned to say, “Come downstairs.” When I got there, he was holding her in the driver’s seat and the first thing I thought was, “Where in the world are you planning to take THAT?” When I got home, I immediately fell in love with her and her personality and now—I couldn’t imagine our lives without River! :hug: A new pet will surely not replace Magnum, but the good thing is “a new one doesn’t have to replace him!” Your love for Magnum—no one and no pet can ever replace :)

violet826
08-09-2011, 12:52 PM
I was so sluggish this morning when I was at the gym. I felt like I was going to fall asleep on the treadmill... Anyone know if maybe it would be a good idea to drink an energy drink or something beforehand? I dont stop because Im too physically tired, its more like I get bored and sleepy....

MoJo: Hey you did great today!!! Thats a lot of miles this morning in the heat :) Keep it up

Berry: Have fun at BodyPump! Ive always wanted to try a class like that

Themilesawaygirl: Stay safe! (hugs)

mamakat
08-09-2011, 01:07 PM
When I'm officially in lazy mode. It's now 1pm and I have no urge to go down stairs a fix me something to eat. Even worse, I'm not remotely hungry. On days like these I sort of squirrel away. I haven't worked out officially in two weeks, luckily I had all those walks (zoos and six flags). Yesterday clearly was a sign I was off, but until 12 today I didn't realize how off. :)

I'm not jumping for joy YET, but I'm back down to 242.4. It won't matter til Monday to me anyway and besides it has risen and dropped so many times that I just can't get excited. So we'll see. I didn't get enough calories yesterday and chanced are I won't today. So that number probably won't get better...we'll have to see.

I hope everyone has a great day, it's overcast here. I should go play outside with the other kids :p My daughter called me a child at least ten times yesterday and then she said I was the best mom ever because I was childlike, I understand kids. Then (in the mall) I started to sing "I don't want to grow up". Even my son's friend turned pink. Oh I understand kids alright and if you give me enough time, I'll do my best to embarrass them bwaaahaaahaaa. I love kids.

Truly have a great day everyone...I am gonna to my best to get out of bed and at the very least eat. If exercise comes well that will be good too, but eating will be today's goal. Have a happy and healthy day! :)

berryblondeboys
08-09-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure I like it when an instructor changes the routine during bodypump. When it's the step class, it just means following more closely to get the steps. With weights, how much weight you can handle might be different. Which was the case today. I think this instructor is weak in her legs and super strong in her arms/shoulders, so she went weak on the legs and heavy on the arms. My arms are my weak spot and I kept the same weight as I did when they were doing the new release for a month. Well, I couldn't do all the reps as that set is harder than the one we have been doing the last month. Now, I'm already feeling it. My arms are rubber! Ugh!!!! Good thing it's step tomorrow so I can recover!
\

K9Owner
08-09-2011, 03:27 PM
OMG! I went to the Salvation Army to look for a 10# dumbbell (got one for $4), and almost had a terrible day.
I was pulling out of the parking lot and in front of me was HUGE RED roof, of none other than a local chain :jeno: place, gearing up for a lunch buffet!
I sat in my jeep contemplating with myself—my good and bad conscious pursuing a game of mindful tug-of-war.
I could audible hear them yacking:
:s: “Go on, eat it”
:angel: “No, no don’t—you just came off of a bad weekend”
:s: “You’re starving! Eat it!!”
:angel: “You’ll hate yourself later for making a bad choice!”

OK—Enough you 2 brats! I drove to my house, made a couple :jeno: slices out of Carb Smart Tortillas, veggies, and FF Cheese.

:carrot: Hey, we ALL won!!! :carrot:

Larry H
08-09-2011, 04:07 PM
OMG! I went to the Salvation Army to look for a 10# dumbbell (got one for $4), and almost had a terrible day.
I was pulling out of the parking lot and in front of me was HUGE RED roof, of none other than a local chain :jeno: place, gearing up for a lunch buffet!
I sat in my jeep contemplating with myself—my good and bad conscious pursuing a game of mindful tug-of-war.
I could audible hear them yacking:
:s: “Go on, eat it”
:angel: “No, no don’t—you just came off of a bad weekend”
:s: “You’re starving! Eat it!!”
:angel: “You’ll hate yourself later for making a bad choice!”

OK—Enough you 2 brats! I drove to my house, made a couple :jeno: slices out of Carb Smart Tortillas, veggies, and FF Cheese.

:carrot: Hey, we ALL won!!! :carrot:

K9owner - Great decision!!:carrot:

Larry,

Diana3271
08-09-2011, 04:17 PM
K9 Great decision making! :bravo:

zoodoo613
08-09-2011, 04:26 PM
My plan tonight was to walk while my son was at art class. Well, there's a 90% chance of rain. Ugh. I'd really rather not walk in the rain, although it wouldn't be the end of the world. It would be the end of my shoes looking so nice and new. There's almost time to go home and do something, but not quite, and I'd hate to be so rushed. What to do?

violet826
08-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Congrats k9owner!!! :woohoo:

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Checking in. Started WW this morning. By this time of day, I would of already had a snack that would probably take me over my daily points. So far, I am staying strong!

IsabellaOlivia
08-09-2011, 06:30 PM
And I'm back after again. Time to get back again in the game tomorrow.

K9Owner
08-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks guys! I know this is not a huge thing with most of you all on this forum, but it is HUGE with me. I frequently have these mindful “tug-of-wars” within my brain, which is how I end up cheating so much on the weekend. I think this has to be the most difficult part of this journey and why my body finds it so difficult to get past 150 each time I try to lose and maintain at 135-143 lbs.
Once I stop running and exercising 4-5 times/week, then BAM—here comes this 20 lbs back!

ZooDoo: I hate running or walking in the rain. I don’t mind being rained on if I have no where to go, but I just cannot force myself to go out in it and exercise!

WannaBeLoser: :yay: on joining WW. I know there is a forum here for WW, but I hope you decide to stick on this one with us ;)

Isabella: :welcome: Back!!

Violet: That little lb could be from anything—water, TOM, poor BM—try not to sweat it. Wait til after ovulation and see where you are. Many of us have unexplained water weight until after ovulation—then, the whoosh begins. Keep being OP!!

:wave: Hi Vix and Darius!

Mojo: Are you running/walking 10 miles? YOU GEAUX GIRL!!

MamaKat: You know, some days—I eat later—like the first meal around 12 or 1pm. However, not lately. Hope you are feeling energized this evening!

Melissa: I have stronger legs too. Any time I do upper body with weights, my arms feel like jello for days!

Shells: :yay: on passing your midterm. I know you feel relief after that!!

Diana3271
08-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Violet Sometimes it takes a couple days for your food/calories to catch up with you. If you eat well today, you may not see it for 2 days. If you ate over your calories on the day between, you may not really see much of a loss. Keep working your plan and try to be consistent. It will pay off.

Vixsin I hope you can get caught up with your work.

Themilesawaygirl Thank you @ Magnum. I have heard about the UK riots. Please stay safe.

Mojojuju I'm not sure what you ate yesterday. If I eat off plan, I don't feel well the next day, for some reason.

Mamakat It sounds like the kids enjoy being around you. Nothing wrong with that.

Berry Jello legs are not fun! ;)

Zoodoo Were you able to get a workout in?

WannaBeLoserAgain Good job staying strong. You can do it. :hug:

IsabellaOlivia Welcome Back! :wave:

K9 It is huge! Sometimes, it's not easy staying on plan. Keep up the great work!

Diana3271
08-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

My dinner tonight wasn't enough food (calorie wise). I came home and made me some boiled okra. I am OK on my calories, but I'm feeling really full. That's not usually a good sign for me. I probably shouldn't have eaten the extra okra. It's only okra, and I'm good on calories, but man am I full! :lol:

Total Approx 1390 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Half serving blackened salmon 300 calories
Steamed broccoli 100 calories
Boiled Okra 150 calories
Prepackaged ice cream cup 100 calories

Exercise:
~Bob Harper's UCB 10 Minute Glute Challenge
~KCM's 30 MTF Lift (Powersculpting - Premix - Time Saver Mix 24 minutes w/#10's)
~TF Fire 45

berryblondeboys
08-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Since coming back from vacation, I've been hungrier. Every day except for one, I've eaten around 1600 calories a day. I also exercise an hour a day, so it 'should' be alright, but I was eating 1300-1400 calories a day before going on vacation. What's up with that? Is it the strength training that is making me hungrier? Just habit of eating a bit more?

Diana3271
08-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Berry A lot of people say intense workouts make them hungrier. I have never experienced this before. I think I do pretty intense workouts and I am a big eater. I don't know why it doesn't have that affect on me, except that everyone is different. Are your workouts at the same intensity as before you left? Maybe it's because you were eating more out of town. Watch your weight and see if you see any difference in how you lose. Maybe your body is needing the extra calories? Maybe you could use extra protein.

berryblondeboys
08-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Berry A lot of people say intense workouts make them hungrier. I have never experienced this before. I think I do pretty intense workouts and I am a big eater. I don't know why it doesn't have that affect on me, except that everyone is different. Are your workouts at the same intensity as before you left? Maybe it's because you were eating more out of town. Watch your weight and see if you see any difference in how you lose. Maybe your body is needing the extra calories? Maybe you could use extra protein.

I wasn't exercising every day just before going - basically since I've started strength training as about that time is when my younger son got sick, then older son. I think it has more to do with getting back on track since being on vacation. For awhile I was eating 1200 calories a day! So, it's like I'm eating a whole other meal now than I was 5 weeks ago!

I don't usually get hungry with working out. Actually, it has the opposite effect. I am even MORE hungry on non-workout days. And because my body has these HORRIBLE patterns, I can't really know what effect this has on my weight loss until I hit my whoosh time of the month. The only thing I 'might' be able to see is how well I can keep from gaining water in my stall out. So far so good, but I have more than a week to go - like 10 more days to go (about 7 done). and so far so good... we'll see.

mlgibson
08-09-2011, 09:06 PM
K9 Thank you. It's funny, DH and I had discussed that we were not going to get another dog once something happened to Magnum. I don't think I mentioned this, but the day after Magnum passed I was looking at dogs online and DH said, no more dogs. The next day, DH was looking at dogs online and literally crying. :cry: I told him no more dogs. Right after that DH "informed" me that we were getting another dog and that was all there was to it. We haven't gotten anything, yet. I am going to leave that up to DH. I am more interested in getting a dog from a pet rescue, but I think DH wants to get one from the place where we got Magnum. :dunno: Another funny thing, Magnum was originally an outside dog. As he got older and the temps in the Summer seem to be getting hotter, he became an inside dog. Mind you, DH never liked dogs in the house. I told DH (jokingly ;)) that if we get another dog, it will not be an inside dog. He informed me that the dog will be an inside dog and he won't have it any other way. :D Magnum was a very special pet and changed/improved our lives in so many ways. DH said that he really misses getting home from work, sitting in his recliner, and being able to pet or hold Magnum.

I teared up a wee bit reading this, about your DH on the computer and all. I love dogs, and love my Boo more then anything. I can't imagine your loss. :(

mlgibson
08-09-2011, 09:11 PM
The adjustment of losing a pet is so hard and while getting a new pet solves the lonely problem, it doesn't solve the "I miss THAT pet". So sad that most pets live such a short time.

I like to think that the reason they live shorter lives is so we can learn the grace, love, and understanding that comes from life and age from them. The amount that they can touch our lives in the too few years we have them is incredible, and they will always be with us. You may forget your best friend in first grade, but never the dog or cat you had. They teach us more then we will ever realize, change and shape us. Each new furry love can teach us something new, because everyone of them is different.

alaskanlaughter
08-09-2011, 09:21 PM
hi everyone...back home after a long day at work...my son had a good time at the full day childcare programming while i did endless rounds of paperwork...he got to ride on a school bus for the first time today and the kids all went on a field trip but i didnt go...i didnt eat much today...im at 1030 calories and 105 carbs at 5:30 p.m....we're getting a pizza and i plan to eat some but i'll try and not go overboard...i am mentally very tired today

mlgibson
08-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Sooo...anyways. Did good today. Jogged a little over half a mile of my three mile walk with Boo. Ate 1337 calories, burned 370 calories.

I have noticed something, it was easier to walk him when I was heavier! Now he is getting bigger, and I'm getting smaller. He is about 110-120 pounds and all muscle. My goal is 140, 130 maybe...and he will most likely be 170-180 pounds when my pup is full grown. :dizzy:
He is a good dog, but we often pass an older woman walking two jack russels. And he does not seem to like them. Anyone else, any other dog, and he wants to play or be petted (once got picked on by a female dog half his size as me and her owner chatted, they played and he would end up submitting, lol). But the russels bark at him, growl, snarl, and then go after each other. I think that then antagonizes him so they are two of the only dogs he ever barks and growls back at, pulling at the leash the whole time. I feel bad, but I have a right to walk my dog just as much as she does hers. She glares at me the whole time I pass, and my attempts at being friendly go unanswered so I stopped trying. Dunno what to do, don't think much can be done there. :(

Anywho...my wiegh in day is tomorrow, and then I take my measurements the 12th of every month. Hoping my 159.2 stayed or went down despite my bad day this week.

DZackery
08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Good...Ness! One day and 6 pages!? Well I finally got a chance to check in. We are in Chattanooga and and headed to Gatlinburg tomorrow for a couple days. Then to Franklin, NC and then home. :) We took the boys yesterday to explore the Raccoon Mtn. caves and today we went to the incline and the TN Valley Railroad. They are finally sleeping for the night. Havent had an opportunity to weigh in but WTG to all of you! Will check in again later. :)

K9Owner
08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Tuesday's Menu
FF Cheese Omelet, Carb Clever Peaches 209
Homemade Pizza, PB Oats 525
BBQ Turkey Cutlet, Caesar Side Salad, Mac n Cheese, Carb Smart Vanilla 657
TOTAL: 1391

Water: 104 oz
Exercise
Tennis 430
AbRipperX Abs

Larry H
08-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Diana, when the new dog/puppy shows up be sure and post pictures for us to see.

Hi everyone. :wave: Definitely not sunny Florida the last couple of days and tomorrow is supposed to be even heavier rain. Can anyone send me plans for an ARK? :rofl:

The fourth week of Calorie Cycling

8/8/11 - Mon -goal 1651 calories - actual was 1235 (416 under)
8/9/11 - Tue -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1406 (95 under)
8/10/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was
8/11/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was
8/12/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was
8/13/11 - Sat -goal 1501 calories - actual was
8/14/11 - Sun -goal 1201 calories - actual was

Total so far for the week is 589 calories under

My sodium was 2067 mg which is 67 mg over my goal of 2000 mg
I am considering reducing my sodium goal to 1500 mg which is what most health organizations are starting to recommend. It will be a hard goal to achieve as I find keeping under 2000 mg to be a real challenge. All that being said in view of my cardiologist proclaiming me "SALT SENSITIVE" it seems like 1500 mg would be a wise choice for me.

Weight is holding steady at 219

No chance for a walk today due to the non stop rain all day.

Larry

Diana3271
08-09-2011, 09:41 PM
I like to think that the reason they live shorter lives is so we can learn the grace, love, and understanding that comes from life and age from them. The amount that they can touch our lives in the too few years we have them is incredible, and they will always be with us. You may forget your best friend in first grade, but never the dog or cat you had. They teach us more then we will ever realize, change and shape us. Each new furry love can teach us something new, because everyone of them is different.

Someone had mentioned that they don't live very long because they need us to take care of them. Of course we benefit so much more from them than they do us.

Diana3271
08-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Alaskanlaughter Congrats on your first day back to work. It sounds like it went well.

Mlgibson Funny thing about Jack Russells. I always wanted one. Last week I went to my CPA's office. I mentioned about Magnum. She said something about that "inconvenience" over there and pointed to the door. There were blinds on the door, but I noticed they didn't go all the way down and I could see a Jack Russell looking underneath at me. :lol: :rofl: It was so funny. She said let me show you something. She opened the door and then the outside door. This dog went crazy! The CPA got her stability ball and threw it. This dog kept hitting the ball and chasing it around the yard. Non stop! This dog acted crazy like he was on crack or something. It was growling and snarling like he was deranged. He didn't act like our Magnum! :lol: I think a Jack Russell is too high strung for us. I am so glad I realized that a Jack Russell is not the breed for us. :lol:

DZachery It sounds like you are having a great trip. Enjoy and stay safe.

Larry I will do that. You are very consistent and doing a great job.

ETA: I also have some pictures from our trip to OBX, NC that I would like to share. I need load them on the computer first.

jeniansmom
08-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Diana/K9 our Coco is a rescue dog. One of the best dogs we've ever had :)

zoodoo: :hug: I'm glad you're sticking with it. Sorry you're feeling like a screw-up. I think you're pretty awesome! More on plan than off days is still moving in the right direction.

shells: congrats on the midterm!

violet: those small fluctuations are so annoying and discouraging but remember they can be caused by a lot of things. Try not to sweat it (I know that's easier said than done)

Vixsin: yay for a fun weekend!

themilesawaygirl: thanks :) ... and..crazy and scarey what's going on in London, stay safe!

mojo: sorry it was so tough, but great job powering through!

mamakat: :hug: take care of yourself, please!

K9: GREAT CHOICE!! good for you!!

WannaBeLoserAgain: I hope WW works great for you!

IsabellaOlivia: welcome back!

I had a good day today. Had to eat an extra snack tonight b/c I was too low on calories. I have been eating brownies that I made that are high fiber, low cal/carb/sodium. I am pmsing and have eaten 4 or 5 of them a day. I feel like I am being "bad" but they are not bad for me and taste so good.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/desserts/r/miraclebrownies.htm
if anyone wants the recipe/nutritional info

I ran out of erythritol so used only 3/4 cups of it and 2 cups of fiber added splenda. need to order more erythritol.

I have also been enjoying using our George Foreman grill to grill up meats quickly. Had a lovely salad of baby spinach, grilled steak tips and shredded Parmesan cheese for lunch.

Goodnight all, be well.
Jen

Vixsin
08-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Whew! Busy day at work today. I didn't get caught up on all of the reading but I did read your story, Diana, about DH and a new dog. It made me smile. I've also been through the loss of a pet and the joy in getting another. Cant wait to see the pics from your trip!!

Had a great supper and was able to get some dancing in for about 30 mins so that is always good. My friend and his boys are coming over on Friday so I'll have to get cleaning. I'm planning on a nice 30 min incline walk tomorrow right after work. That way, I'll be able to clean up a bit after Maxwell goes to bed.

I'm off to bed for a nice 7.5 hrs tonight. :) See you all tomorrow!

mlgibson
08-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Mlgibson Funny thing about Jack Russells. I always wanted one. Last week I went to my CPA's office. I mentioned about Magnum. She said something about that "inconvenience" over there and pointed to the door. There were blinds on the door, but I noticed they didn't go all the way down and I could see a Jack Russell looking underneath at me. :lol: :rofl: It was so funny. She said let me show you something. She opened the door and then the outside door. This dog went crazy! The CPA got her stability ball and threw it. This dog kept hitting the ball and chasing it around the yard. Non stop! This dog acted crazy like he was on crack or something. It was growling and snarling like he was deranged. He didn't act like our Magnum! :lol: I think a Jack Russell is too high strung for us. I am so glad I realized that a Jack Russell is not the breed for us. :lol:

I have met several of them in my life, Jack Russels. I wonder if they have a secret stash of crack or something, the energy they have!

I loooove Great Danes. Huge, yes. But they are low energy, big on the loving, and gentle as can be. We got Boo from my sis-in-law. She had a full bred, and bred her with another full bred. Though, on accident. They got left alone a wee bit too long one day, lol. So friends and family got free full-bred Great Danes, and she sold a few as well. Wanted to make sure they would find great homes. Boo, my beauty, is probably the calmest of the bunch. But that has alot to do with his raising. My sis-in-law and brother have THREE of them, all females. I believe all neutered, like Boo. And they don't listen the way he does, with the one-on-one he grew up with. It prob helps that Boo got neutered at less then a week old. He was born with a hernia and while they fixed that they went ahead and neutered him. Has nooot stunted his growth, that is for sure.

Sorry. Ramble. But I love my Boo.

Do you like smaller dogs? I have always liked Cocker Spaniels.

alaskanlaughter
08-09-2011, 11:12 PM
my mom always wanted a scottish terrier...when our aggressive dog was re-homed when we were kids, dad went to town to get a new dog for us...mom was so happy thinking he was coming home with a scottish terrier...he came home with TWO, yes two, black newfoundland puppies...mom could have killed him! LOL!...those two puppies tore up everything in sight, dug out of their fenced enclosure every time we were gone and caused all sorts of mischief...we finally found a new home for the ringleader puppy and the other puppy stayed with us her whole life until she passed away around 13 years old...she's buried next to the rhubarb patch and mom swears the rhubarb grows better now :)

Diana3271
08-10-2011, 06:37 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

Weigh In: 144.6
Down: .8

The extra okra didn't sit well with me. I think I ate too much, too late. I feel queasy this morning.

mlgibson
08-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Weighed in this morning at 157.2lbs! So it seems my bad day was forgiven, lol. Hope everyone has a good one!

Mojojuju
08-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Big day for me today! I have an interview at 1, followed by a doctor's appointment at 4. Gonna ask that doctor why I have not lost a pound in six weeks despite turning my life upside down.

I'd better go run--hopefully I will lose a pound in waterweight and be able to keep my ticker where it is without feeling guilty about it. :D

zoodoo613
08-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Well the rain mostly cooperated last night. I had about given up on the idea, but I didn't have anything else to do during the class, and I"m not one that can just sit and wait. There were big dark clouds when I started, and the wind was blowing in that ominous rain-is-coming way, so I decided I would walk, but not get too far from the car. After a bit it seemed like the wind was blowing from the direction of the lighter clouds, so I kept going. I finally got rained on when I was on my way back, so I had 6 minutes in the rain. Not too bad. I didn't go as far or as fast as I did the day before. I just wasn't feeling up to it, for some reason, but I figure 40 minutes was a whole lot better than nothing. Not sure if I'll have the opportunity tonight or tomorrow.

1200 calories yesterday. Pretty good. Weigh-in 194.0.

Diana3271
08-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Big day for me today! I have an interview at 1, followed by a doctor's appointment at 4. Gonna ask that doctor why I have not lost a pound in six weeks despite turning my life upside down.

I'd better go run--hopefully I will lose a pound in waterweight and be able to keep my ticker where it is without feeling guilty about it. :D

Good Luck with the interview. I am interested in what the Dr. says. Please update when you can. Are you keeping a food/exercise log that you can take in with you? I remember when I went to my new Endo 3 1/2 years ago. I was really trying to lose weight but nothing was happening. She changed my meds from generic to brand, but the same dosage. Generic can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer by 25%. Anyways, I worked out really hard 1- 1 1/2 hours a day and watched what I ate. I was worn out by the next appointment. I had not lost a pound. In fact, I think I had gained a couple. I took my food/exercise log in with me. The first thing the Dr. asked was how I felt. I about started crying. I told her that I felt tired and worn out. I explained that I was really trying to lose weight and showed her my food/exercise log. She said that no matter what I did, I wasn't going to lose because my meds were not correct. I literally felt like crying because I had tried so hard. Anyways, she changed my meds and got me started back on the right track. I hope the Dr. can help you figure out what's going on. :hug:

violet826
08-10-2011, 09:29 AM

Not sure if you already have this or not, but be sure to ask about hypothyroidism. I was diagnosed with that after I had my first baby. It causes weight gain. And then even on the right meds make it very difficult to lose. Good luck today!

violet826
08-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Good morning everyone! Congrats on all the weight loss today! :bravo:

I weighed in at 152.8. So it went down from yesterday, but its still higher than the day before. I wish I could keep myself from weighing everyday so maybe I wont get discouraged with fluctuations.. But Im a "have to know now" person LOL

Have a great day!!

mamakat
08-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Diana,
The same thing happened with me as far as being switched over to name brand and for the same reason, doctor even gave the stats on generic. I wonder why they even okay generic in the first place if that is an issue. It's not like the name brand costs a lot in comparison. Out of all my meds that one is super cheap. I go to the same pharmacy every time, they know me by name but still ask if I want it in generic. Bizarre what a little change will do, not to mention a little pill.

Mojojuju,
I hope the doctor brings you good news. I also hope you get the job you truly want. I know it's a dilemma what with money these days, but doing something for a long period of time that you don't enjoy can sometimes make it not worth the money. But hey, you gotta eat right? Good luck :)

Mojojuju
08-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Yep, dropped three pounds of water on my run this morning, and had a LOT less trouble during the run itself. Maybe it was the protein powder I put in my yogurt--yesterday I didn't do it because I had to change brands and don't like the flavor of my new one--maybe it was the fact that I didn't eat junk yesterday.

But whatever it was, I ran EXTRA today, and even sprinted home for the last two minutes.

Well, to be fair, it was downhill, so it was an easy sprint. :D Running downhill feels like flying!

Mojojuju
08-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Thank you all for the support, I appreciate all your advice and kind words! I'm going into these two appointments today with a smile on my face, regardless of outcome.

It would honestly almost (I said almost, heh) be a relief to hear that there was something wrong with my thyroid--it would explain so much. My mom had surgery on her parathyroid about five years ago, and I know glandular problems can run in the family. It would certainly explain my being the fat one in my family of rail-thin "I don't know why it's so hard for you to just work out, I walk 20 mins three times a week and lose weight" relatives.

I always mention my mom's history to my docs, and so far the blood work has always come up clean. But that doesn't mean it will forever.

Vixsin
08-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Down .8 of the water to 188.6. Reasonable sleep last night. My muscles are sore today from dancing 2 nights in a row but I don't mind. I'm flushing with liquids. LOL

More work on the kitchen today. Need to get the kitchen table cleaned off, get the walls wiped and get a few pictures hung up. They won't be in frames like I would have liked but I feel it's just time to get them on the wall! LOL Maxwell's chores will be both bathrooms and wiping down the appliances in the kitchen today. I am SO excited to see how nice things look when we are finished.

I know cleaning is exercise but I am really wanting to try Bob Harper's strength DVD tonight. Maybe Pilates? Pilates would be the smarter choice after 2 nights of dancing. :lol: Anywho, I'm on plan and I'm focused. :sumo:

BBL for more personals!

Mojo: Good luck today!!

Mlgibson: Aww! for Great Danes! There are 2 that live near me. I see them when I take my wee ones for a walk (Chihuahuas). I tell mine that they are big dogs just like them. LOL I have always been a cat person since leaving my parent's house. I grew up with cats and dogs. But now, to have my own dogs, I can't imagine my life without the 2 of them.

themilesawaygirl
08-10-2011, 10:45 AM
All this talk of dogs is making me want one so much! There's just no way I could look after a dog with where I live and the hours I work. I'd like a cat too, but again, not viable with living conditions. Maybe one day...

Thanks for your support with the riots - it looks like the extra 10000 police they had on the streets last night worked, as there wasn't too much trouble, and nothing near me. Sadly, other areas of the UK were hit with similar problems, it's just so sad to see people in our society with such an absence of morals. I wonder what can be done.

On a more positive note, I made it to the gym for 30mins on the treadmill this morning and 30 mins weights at lunch. I really enjoy weight training, but I'm still not confident at building a decent routine. I think I made a good enough effort though. Had 2 days with no huge off-the-rails issues with food too. Fingers crossed I can keep it up!

Have a happy, healthy day all :)

berryblondeboys
08-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Thank you all for the support, I appreciate all your advice and kind words! I'm going into these two appointments today with a smile on my face, regardless of outcome.

It would honestly almost (I said almost, heh) be a relief to hear that there was something wrong with my thyroid--it would explain so much. My mom had surgery on her parathyroid about five years ago, and I know glandular problems can run in the family. It would certainly explain my being the fat one in my family of rail-thin "I don't know why it's so hard for you to just work out, I walk 20 mins three times a week and lose weight" relatives.

I always mention my mom's history to my docs, and so far the blood work has always come up clean. But that doesn't mean it will forever.

Ask to get your numbers too. Don't just let a doctor say, "they are fine". I did that for YEARS and I got, "it's a bit low, but within the normal range." Well, normal range was up to 5.0. I was like 4.9 or something like that. Now they have officially dropped the normal range to under 3.0 but even my lab still has the 5.0 as being OK even though everything says 3.0 and endo specialists want it closer to 1.0!!!! Mine was at 3.14 the last appt. three months ago (after being over 50 in December) and my doctor said it was fine and left it at that. I'll see what it is now at teh end of this month and if it's below 3 I might leave it as I feel OK, but if it's the same or a bit higher, I'll go to an endo to see what he/she says.

For me, I don't think it made me gain weight, but the bad thyroid made me so TIRED that I didn't make good food decisions or exercise. I just didn't have the energy for it.

Good luck with the interview too!

violet826
08-10-2011, 11:32 AM
What meds are you guys saying the name brand is better than generic? Thyroid meds? Im on synthroid. Should I be taking the name brand?

berryblondeboys
08-10-2011, 11:42 AM
What meds are you guys saying the name brand is better than generic? Thyroid meds? Im on synthroid. Should I be taking the name brand?

If your numbers are fine, then the brand is fine. You can't just switch meds around without a reason for insurance purposes. Different people have different sensitivities too.

Like, I notice (sorry if this is TMI) I have sexual side effects from taking the thyroid medicine. It takes me WAY longer to reach orgasm - if I can at all. I was hoping it was the BP meds that were the problem, but I've been off of those for a couple months now and it's still an issue. Of course, I can't find any literature about that being a known side effect, but it can't be a coincidence.

iamerican
08-10-2011, 01:35 PM
HI everyone :)

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Checking in today. Still on WW plan. My sister and daughter are also on WW, so we are all supporting each other. I do plan on this with the "Daily Accountability" thread. I need the accountability!

K9: Great decision your other self made! We are proud of you!

Diana: Keep up the good work! Don’t you hate that full feeling in your stomach? I do! I am sorry that little extra okra did not agree with you this morning. I love dogs too…especially my 2 little fur boys!

Melissa: You may need the extra calories due to all your exercise. If you are still losing the weight, then you are on track!

Larry: You are doing great!

mlgibson: Nice weigh in! Oh….to be at 155 again...that would be great!

Mojo: How was the interview? What type of food plan are you on?

Zoodo: Great job at getting that walking in…even in the rain!

Iamerican: Welcome to the Daily Accountability!

K9Owner
08-10-2011, 06:19 PM
WannaBe: Do you like WW so far? I tried it once wif my MIL—didn’t lose 1 oz, but she lost 25 lbs! Go Figure!!

MilesAway: Glad to see you’re checking in more frequently. Even if you don’t have time for the personals, you can still stay accountable!! That’s the goal, rioght??

Mojo: Hope your report goes well at the MD and hopefully you can start to get on some type of losing track!

Violet: I felt the same way when I began weighing every day. It does get a little easier if you only count the weekly or monthly totals and don’t look so much at the daily fluctuations. It sux at the time however!! Hang in there :hug:

K9Owner
08-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Today was full of things I didn’t want:
** I cooked Lazy Cabbage overnight in the crock and woke up hungrier than ever at 6am and ate it for breakfast before 7am. (Never good to eat that early for me.)
** Optometrist appt—eyes are worse than last yr by .25. New glasses and contacts $192 WITH insurance.
** Hungrier than ever by lunch (almost had :jeno: but opted again to go home).
** Ate over 700 cals for LUNCH :yikes: (no :jeno: but too many cals)
** Realized TOM is a few days away and has sent that darn cRAVEN bird to visit me!! :tantrum: (no wonder I’m craving :jeno: )
** Went to the chiropractor (good move since I haven’t been sleeping very well, and I woke up VERY achy)
** Can’t exercise tonight b/c it will ruin everything he adjusted :rolleyes:
** No cals left for today for dinner!! I’ll be over by about 400-500 cals!! :(

Luckily for me, tomorrow is a BRAND NEW DAY!!!

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-10-2011, 08:43 PM
WW so far, so good. This is only my first week counting points. I will see how well WW is working by Monday weigh in. My daughter has lost 6 pounds so far with 2 weeks into the point counting.

LGW
08-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Hello again! Let's see what happens!

Diana: thanks for keeping this thread going

8/9 - no WI
8/10 - 217.4 (+1.2)

alaskanlaughter
08-10-2011, 09:41 PM
im here...i'll check in a bit later...very busy day and i still have to bake a 3-tier wedding cake tonight...facebook is all messed up for me, for some reason it wont load on google chrome and when i try to load it on IE, it gives me an error box saying it failed to load...anyone else having problems with facebook? its done this since yesterday and i dont know how to fix it...im at 980 calories and 82 carbs but i still need to eat something for dinner

Diana3271
08-10-2011, 10:16 PM

I had a battle with a phone today! I didn't win. The handset cord on my desk phone has been making noise. I've also noticed that I am having difficulty hearing on the phone. I don't have these issues on DH's desk phone. I ordered a new one. I decided to tackle the installation of the new phone after lunch. Hmm, that didn't work out very well. All the connections/ports are probably original equipment. I think the building is 40 years old. Everything is under my desk and up against the wall. I can't move my desk because it's an old metal desk that weighs a ton. DH was on a test drive. As soon as I got on the floor, under my desk and unplugged something, I heard the front door alarm. This signaled that someone was coming in the door. I got up off the floor and dealt with the customer. I got back on the floor and was looking at that mess (wires). I had already forgotten which port the phone line went into. I tried a variety of combinations. I couldn't get anything to work. I kept getting interrupted by people coming in and the phone ringing. I was thinking the new phone was actually broken. I decided to hook everything back up with my original phone. I got the old phone to work. Of course I still have my same problems with the phone, but it does work. I needed to get everything back right because I am dealing with a credit card machine, fax machine, multiple phone lines, etc. I took the new phone out in the shop. There is better/easier access at that phone location. The new phone worked just fine. So the new phone won this battle. I am no quitter, though. I will fight and win the next battle.

So anyways, I worked on that project for 3 hours and ran out of time to do my workout. I had a hair appointment today. After my hair appointment and eating dinner, I went to the mall and did a mall walk.

Hopefully I can sleep better tonight since I don't have a pound of okra pods swimming around in my belly. :rofl: I swear I eat so many veggies that I know one day I am going to start sprouting from somewhere. :rofl:

Total Approx 1540 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Teriyaki Beef 400 Calories
Rice 400 Calories

Exercise:
5 Mile Mall Walk

shishkeberry
08-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi everyone :) down to 254.8 so it looks like the water I gained over the weekend is finally gone plus .2lbs. So I'm at 34.2 lbs lost since I started in May. Woohoo! I can't wait until payday so I can get some decent food in the house. Three days in a row I've been at 1100 or under (mostly under :() because there's nothing that I want to eat. So I'm just not eating. :p it's not too bad. I don't feel like I'm starving. Tomorrow will probably be another low calorie day.
My best friend is moving in with us in three weeks. I'm excited about that. I haven't really seen him much since I had LO and moved an hour away. I lived with him before and we didn't have any problems. He's not happy with his current roommates since they aren't paying their bills and the water got shut off last month. We need the extra money anyway since our last roommate just moved out. Unfortunately it didn't end well with our last one. He is (maybe was) DF's best friend. But he was complaining about our rules and accusing me of treating DF badly. Our rules weren't hard,honestly. Just clean up after yourself and don't get drunk or smoke in the house. I mean hello! We have two small children. Sheesh. Anyway, good riddance. He was making me mad because somehow we always had to take him to work but he never gave us gas money. Oh well, I'm glad he's gone.

iamerican
08-10-2011, 10:49 PM
I finished w3 of c25k! Yeah! Had one of the worst days in general in a long time. Resulted in horrible eating. At least I recovered with a good workout. Sorry I havent been keeping up with personals as well as I should. You all move so fast :) At least i try to skim most of them.

Diana: Let me know where you sprout veggies :) I think your ears would be your first place, or maybe your belly button :)

mlgibson
08-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Had a good day today! Walked/jogged for an hour and twenty minutes with the big dog. Bought new shoes, wore the old ones out. Got the Reebok Easy Tone. Felt it in my butt, that is for sure. Hoping it helps with toning, and burning more calories as it states.

Burned 500 calories in the walk. Ate 1,493 calories. A little higher then I'd want. But, I have been craving chocolate covered espresso beans for a while now. Gave in and had 180 calories worth. Didn't turn out unwell though, I think.

Anyways, hoping to keep up this weight loss of recently. My goal of 152 by the end of the month is getting closer, and from there...the 140s!!!!

Good luck to ya'll, have a good one!

mlgibson
08-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Mlgibson: Aww! for Great Danes! There are 2 that live near me. I see them when I take my wee ones for a walk (Chihuahuas). I tell mine that they are big dogs just like them. LOL I have always been a cat person since leaving my parent's house. I grew up with cats and dogs. But now, to have my own dogs, I can't imagine my life without the 2 of them.

I have noticed, Boo, who weighs 120 pounds or more, is easily picked on and subdued when playing with smaller dogs (About 50 pounds). Little dogs pack alot of spirit in those tiny bodies! And Chihuahuas are so cute!

mlgibson
08-10-2011, 11:06 PM
All this talk of dogs is making me want one so much! There's just no way I could look after a dog with where I live and the hours I work. I'd like a cat too, but again, not viable with living conditions. Maybe one day...

Thanks for your support with the riots - it looks like the extra 10000 police they had on the streets last night worked, as there wasn't too much trouble, and nothing near me. Sadly, other areas of the UK were hit with similar problems, it's just so sad to see people in our society with such an absence of morals. I wonder what can be done.

On a more positive note, I made it to the gym for 30mins on the treadmill this morning and 30 mins weights at lunch. I really enjoy weight training, but I'm still not confident at building a decent routine. I think I made a good enough effort though. Had 2 days with no huge off-the-rails issues with food too. Fingers crossed I can keep it up!

Have a happy, healthy day all :)

Wow. I have been watching the news on the riots. Stay safe!

K9Owner
08-10-2011, 11:48 PM
As I stated earlier, a 2000+ cal day for me full of Too Much Food--some junk, some healthy. Either way you count it, too much in and little to none out :(
I hate ravenous days.
I'll spare the details on the junk, lest I am accused of tempting one of you! ;)

alaskanlaughter
08-11-2011, 01:22 AM
im finally sitting down for awhile tonight....been very busy at work, very tired...but i do have a good project to work on tonight...i was asked to bake the wedding cakes for our cousin's wedding on saturday...so yes it IS 9 p.m. and i'm baking wedding cakes LOL...two wedding cakes with 4 tiers each to get done tonight, wrapped and in the freezer..my SIL will decorate them sometime between tomorrow and saturday

i ate pretty good today...had a piece of leftover pizza for dinner which probably wasnt the best idea...also had some tastes of the cake batter, bad me...but beyond that it was a pretty good day...i wish i was more chatty tonight but i'm just plain mentally exhausted

also did not do the hand weights today...ive been using a 15 pound one and, as part of it, doing whatever the move is called where you press the weight up above your shoulder...ive discovered that it really bothers my right shoulder and, the other night, it ached so bad it woke me up and i couldnt fall asleep for awhile...which you KNOW is bad because ive slept before with an exposed tooth nerve root from a bad tooth...so today i was just busy and decided i probably shouldnt do the weights today

pardon me, its time to check the oven again :) this is my hobby, i love to cook and bake. Biggest.Project.Ever!

alaskanlaughter
08-11-2011, 03:32 AM
:carrot::carrot: it is done and its not even midnight yet!!

9 boxes of cake mix...half a jar of vegetable oil...27 eggs...makes 8 tiers of wedding cake ready to be frozen and decorated!! :carrot::carrot:

the kitchen is clean and im going to bed :dizzy::dizzy:

themilesawaygirl
08-11-2011, 06:34 AM
WannaBe Am I right in thinking that you can eat pretty much anything on WW as long as it keeps you under your points allowance? Of all the big name diet plans out there this seems like one that's easier to stick to for those who aren't good at cutting things out. Have you tried any other plans?

K9 Exactly! I'm trying to post more often, and if I really don't have time to catch up on personals then I'm posting anyway. Hopefully it's working as I've managed to be pretty much OP all week. My calorie count is still way high, but much lower than it has been recently. Baby steps and all that! Sorry about your bad day but glad you had the positive attitude to put it behind you and move on :)

Diana Sorry about your difficulties with the phone - I'm useless at technology too. I have funny images of you sprouting veg now, what do you think would grow first? ;)

Shish I'm glad you've got someone moving in with you who will fit in with the household - it's awful to live with people that don't respect you. Good luck with the move :)

iAmerican This thread does move super-fast doesn't it! I'm trying to post more regularly even if I don't have time for personals, after all, it is the accountability thread not the personals thread!! I do feel guilty if I miss anyone out though :-/ Well done on the C25K progress!

mlgibson Are the Reeboks comfy? I've always worried about those kind of shoes for working out, that they'd be uncomfortable and give me muscle strain or something.

Alaskan I'm so envious of your domestic prowess! I love to cook but I'm useless at baking - timing and weighing are my weak points in the kitchen. Congrats on creating a masterpiece! (And congrats to your cousin too!)

Mojo how did the interview / docs go? Very well I hope :)

Hoping I can keep up this on plan eating this week. It's a lot easier when I don't have social plans. Which is a shame, as it seems to strengthen the feeling that I can't enjoy an active social life AND stay in control of my food intake. I find that preparing my own meals and sticking to a healthy diet is fairly easy for me, but the moment someone else offers me something 'naughty' I'm powerless to say no! Ah well, I'll just have to keep working on my willpower.

I have a free personal training session at my local gym tomorrow, I'm quite excited and I hope it'll be really useful to show me how to get the most out of my workouts.

In other news - the country appeared to be riot free last night. The police finally seem to have been able to get the idiot population under control. What a terrible country we're showing to the world, less than a year before the Olympics come to London. I'm very nervous about how we will cope.

zoodoo613
08-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Mornin' everyone!

Weigh-in this morning was 193.6. :) Just fine calories yesterday. No walk, but I did figure out something about work. I started printing to a different, more distant printer at work, because it handles colors better, and after many trips I counted my steps. Over 100 steps each way! So 200 steps x 10? 15? trips. It's over a mile. That's better than nothing! Unfortunately, I don't often have the need to print that much.

Another good work thing: I overheard myself being spoken of positively. The sound engineering in our building is awful, and I can hear him at his desk while I'm at mine, but not vice versa. The gist of what he was saying was that I 1) should be given a particular project that I want, as well as that type of project in general and 2) I should be in charge of that type of project and not under my boss, who heads up a different type of project. My attitude toward my current position is that I can wait it out in it until the economy gets better and the job I want starts becoming available, and yes, I look all the time, OR this position changes into something a lot more like what this guy was talking about. I don't expect anything to happen any time soon, but I'm a lot more hopeful knowing this guy is on my side.

berryblondeboys
08-11-2011, 07:10 AM
My scale really like 193.2, but I should be glad it hasn't gone up yet, so I'm not complaining. about 7-8 more days of this stall out I figure, depending on when ovulation happens.

Going to the zoo today in DC. My little guy is so excited. So much so that he was up at 6:40 am. That isn't so bad as I reallllly need to get to the grocery store so we can pack our lunches instead of buying them there. I let us run out of most foods so I could clean out the refrigerator. Now that is done and we are down to bare bones in there! Looks pretty though! LOL

No formal exercise today unless I fee like it in the evening. I figure walking around at the zoo will suffice. I'll wear my pedometer and see how much we do. I need a break from the gym anyhow. My glutes are feeling it this morning from all that butt work in bodypump and bodystep.

Oh, I tried a dress on yesterday that I loved and it fit - size 12. I have absolutely no need for a dress, but I looked it up later and was tempted by it. Looked it up again last night and the 12 online is gone which is good. I do not need a $118 dress! But man was it cute! I am loving, loving, loving being able to look halfway decent in normal clothes!

OK... off to the grocery store with the hyper little guy.

Diana3271
08-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Ha Ha! About me sprouting veggies, I think the first thing I will sprout will be broccoli, then zucchini and yellow squash. :lol: ;) At least I like veggies. My good friend does not like many veggies at all.

I'm surprised that I didn't have a gain from the sodium in the Japanese food from last night. As we know, the body had a mind of it's own, and can still have a gain at it's own will. ;)

Weigh In: 144.4
Down: .2

Andejean
08-11-2011, 07:55 AM
OKay Ladies, I'm awake and ready to head to the hospital for my nasal surgery. Today's food will probably be a wash, as I don't get to eat breakfast, and lunch will be a mystery, cuz who knows what I'll want to eat then... LOL.

K9 - as for glasses, check into zennioptical.com. They sell prescrip glasses cheap. I am wearing an $8 pair now. Yup, $8 with lenses. They are wonderful. I usually buy 3-4 cute pair at a time. All you need is your script from your eye doctor, and they verify it, like the contact places do. Based on how much you paid after insurance, yours will cost you more, and zenni doesn't take ins, but i'll bet it'd be cheaper than what you paid for yours after ins. Worth a shot.

Shish - DF and I had a "friend" like that. Most of the board I'm sure remembers my mooch. It is always so nice when they're gone! Good luck!

shishkeberry
08-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks, I hope it works out well. At any rate, my son loves him. He's one of those family friends you call uncle.
Good luck with your surgery today, andejean :)
253 today! Woot!

Diana3271
08-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Andejean I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today with your surgery. Please update when you can.

K9Owner
08-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Andejean: Hope your surgery goes well and thx for the site info about the specs ;)

I am up early again (restlessness sux).
I chose my ff cheese omelet to start my day. I always do better when I have this for breakfast.
I have decided today will be a day of good choices.
I'm going to my parents for bean picking & will check back in later.

Hope everyone has a great OP Thursday :)

mlgibson
08-11-2011, 09:17 AM
I started losing weight *again* 6/12 this year.

Start 6/12 & 186lbs.......8/11 &157.2 lbs
Neck: 14.25 in.............13 in.
Bicep: 14.25 in.............13 in.
Forearm: 10.25 in..........9.5 in.
Chest: 39.25 in.............34.25 in.
Waist: 42 in.................37.75 in.
Hips: 44.75 in................41.5 in.
Thighs: 26.5 in...............24 in.
Calves: 15.5 in................14.5 in.

So since 6/12 I have lost 19.25 inches and 28.8 pounds. I think this is a good loss inches wise. Or at least, I'm happy with it.

And my hip to waist ratio went from .93 to .90. Not sure what a hip to waist measurement indicates about the health, and it didn't move much. :(

zoodoo613
08-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Going to the zoo today in DC. My little guy is so excited.

For about 5 months I lived in the apartment building across Connecticut Ave from that zoo, the one on the corner of Connecticut and Cathedral. We could occasionally hear the lions! Actually, that's the zoo that inspired the zoodoo monicker. Have fun!

shishkeberry
08-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Berry, we wanted to go to that zoo this summer but we haven't gotten around to it. I hope you have fun :)

Vixsin
08-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Andejean: Good luck with surgery today and THANK YOU for that website about the glasses! I need new ones and there are some cute frames. How did all of that work for you? Did they charge for the lenses?

Down another .8 today to 187.8. Thank you for my regular, boring eating. :) Been doing pretty well at getting rest too. I will continue to work at it. The kitchen looks great. I just have to hang up the pictures I selected last night. Things are getting nice and clean in there. I bought a great slipcover for my loveseat last night that I am going to put on today. Things are coming together. :)

I am also doing pretty well at battling my snacking urges. I didn't realize how much I was snacking until I made myself stop doing it. At times it is challenging, but I am actively finding a healthy option or going without when the urge gets that strong. I am proud of that.

Much work to do so that I can take the afternoon off tomorrow. :) Another last minute decision.

I'll check back at lunch.

Mojojuju
08-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Not much time today, but wanted to update you all--

Interview went well, I thought. But then, I always feel like they went well, and I only got one job for the 5 interviews I did this summer. We'll see in the next two days or so!

Doc said he was proud of me for all the working out. Said I had lowered my resting heart rate by ten since he'd last seen me, so he told me not to get discouraged. He said that even if I don't see any scale changes, the heart rate proves that I -am- enacting physical changes for the better, even if I can't see them, and that's reason enough to keep going.

That said, he said basically the same thing I did, that he hopes the bloodwork gives some clue as to why the pounds are not dropping. He also said that that sometimes just happens--people do everything right, and the pounds just. Never. Budge. Ever.

I don't want to be one of those people! But maybe we'll find something. He also added that I am not under any circumstances to go below 2000 calories a day, since those are the calories for the "average" person, and I'm already significantly above average in size. For me, 2000 is a calorie deficit, and he said it should be enough of a deficit with exercise to effect weight loss.

But we'll see.

He also found a lump in my breast and has sent me for my first mammogram. Eeeek! :fr: I heard those are very unpleasant, and while I'm not -terribly- worried about the lump, I'm sorta freaked by the whole...smooshing the boob process. :yikes:

Back later for personals, I'm about to go run errands. Eating is on track yesterday and so far today, as was the workin out! :cool:

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
I am doing GREAT on WW. I made excellent choices for lunch today! I looked over all the values and I chose: Rosemary Chicken, Baked Tomato, Corn on Cob. I did not have anything to write down the values of the foods, so I took a picture of the information and sent it to my email. It worked!

Anyway, for the heck of it, I wanted to see what the scale would read this morning and it is DOWN 2 pounds! I will count next Monday's weight on weigh in.

I had tried WW years ago and lost lots of weight, obviously I did not learn good eating habits because I gained it all back.

WW deals with a point system...I am doing On-line WW. I like the website because you can chart and look up all foods, you can put your own recipes in and it will calculate points, put in exercise. Your weight is assigned a total of points, plus you get an extra bunch of points for the week.

I like WW, because at this point in my life, I need structure because I feel like I cannot do it on my own just counting the calories.

Linda

jeniansmom
08-11-2011, 01:27 PM
berry...we went to that zoo in April when we vacationed down there. We enjoyed it very much! Hope you get to see the orangutans on the o-line. The zoo is on a hill so should be good exercise :)

Mojo: I had my first mammogram a couple of years ago. Not too bad. I have saggy Cs and it was pressure but not painful. My sister has As and she said it hurts! I'm guessing mine were just easier to get on the plate.

Gotta get back to work. :grouphug: to everyone!
Jen

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Oh! By the way, WW is eating regular type meals, but.... making better food choices.

I look at it this way with diets....I want an eating plan that I can continue after I reach goal (Real food)....It is a life style change (eating good foods and making better food choices).

Larry H
08-11-2011, 03:14 PM
2 pounds down today to a new low of 217 !!:D:carrot::D

That means I have lost 100 pounds since I started 3FC in January.

Larry,

Mojojuju
08-11-2011, 04:10 PM
LARRY!

:congrat::encore::bravo::cb::dance::cheer::cp: :broc: :jig:

shishkeberry
08-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Larry, that's amazing! Great job!

Andejean
08-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi all! just got home, can't look down for a while so my nose doesn't drain, so this typing thing is kinda hard. Plus my eyes are still a little foggy. I think this recovery will be a breeze. I'm feeling pretty congested, but no worse than the worst sinus infection, and it should only last 3-5 days.

As for the glasses, the regular lenses are included, so I've only ever had to pay for the frames. If you want tinting, or transition lenses, or if you need bifocals or trifocals or stuff like that it costs a bit more, but still usually MUCH better than the eye doctor. Shipping always appears to be $5.95 no matter if I ordered 1 or 4 pairs, so I think the more you order, the better. Plus then I don't feel bad if I accidentally send them through the washing machine again... LOL. The plastic one sit kinda funna, cuz of my nose, (no nose peices) but I buy the foam stick on ones, and they fit fine. The ones with the nose pieces are a breeze cuz you can adjust the pads. Overall I think what type you get is based on your face shape, and the big downside is you can't try them on, but for the price, it's a good gamble. Never got a pair I hated.

Shipping takes a week or two, but again, for the price, I'll take it! :)

Off to watch Oprah and recover! :)

berryblondeboys
08-11-2011, 05:15 PM
For about 5 months I lived in the apartment building across Connecticut Ave from that zoo, the one on the corner of Connecticut and Cathedral. We could occasionally hear the lions! Actually, that's the zoo that inspired the zoodoo monicker. Have fun!

Now that's cool! We heard the lions (and saw) roaring today. Pretty cool! Little guy had a great time and I got a LOT of walking. 5 miles!

berryblondeboys
08-11-2011, 05:18 PM
2 pounds down today to a new low of 217 !!:D:carrot::D

That means I have lost 100 pounds since I started 3FC in January.

Larry,

That is amazing work LarryH! You should be very proud of your progress!

IsabellaOlivia
08-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Ate 1881 calories.
My workout was ripped in 30.

berryblondeboys
08-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Had a great time at the zoo. I have learned over the years to go to the back entrance (not the one on Connecticut Avenue) and walk up the hill, stopping along the way, and then, when you are tired, walk it back down to leave.

However, this time, there was no parking around the zoo and with street parking, there's a 2 hour limit. It's free, but who goes to the zoo for only 2 hours? So, After two hours, I walked the mile back to the car and moved it a bit closer and then walked back to meet up with the rest of the family.

The great thing though is it was a free day. I love living around DC because of that - just the cost of gas. I packed our lunches, snacks and water and then free parking. A full day of fun in the sun with education thrown in and it didn't cost a dime. Unlike everywhere in the country where a day like that would cost our family a hundred bucks for the day. I am truly, truly spoiled.

Diana3271
08-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Mojojuju When is your mammogram scheduled? My Mom had me scared to death to have my first mammogram. It was nothing. Literally nothing! In fact I called her afterward and got on her for scaring me the way she didn. Apparently they are different now than the way they used to be. In fact, now she goes to a different place that has the new update equipment. I think it's digital now. Keep us updated on what's going on with that. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Larry Congrats on the 100 pounds! Awesome! :bravo: :woohoo: :dance: :carrot:

Andejean Thanks for checking in. I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well!

mamakat
08-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Larry,

Awesome job! That is so cool. :congrat:

Andejean
08-11-2011, 07:18 PM
HI all! Just woke up from another nap. Feeling much better, still haven't taken more than the one pain pill they gave me at the hospital. I slept on and off for the last two hours.

Food so far today is as follows:

1 Mcdonalds crispy ranch snack wrap
1 snack size oreo McFlurry
12 saltine crackers
two homemade flax seed/protein/apple/carrot muffins.

There is a premade chicken casserole in the fridge ready for my fiance to pop in the oven for dinner. My throat is a little sore, but it's getting better. I go in to get my packing out Monday, so I'm going to milk this for a while and let Cecil wait on me hand and foot, LOL.

I just got a chance to skim to responses so, CONGRATS ON THE 100 LARRY!!!!!!!

jeniansmom
08-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Larry: that is awesome!! Great job and so inspiring!!

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I stayed the course today!

alaskanlaughter
08-11-2011, 08:39 PM
congrats larry!!!!!

just got home from work...very tired...and hungry, which might be related lol...DH is going to the poker party/bachelor party later tonight, i might be doing more wedding preparations, not sure...soooo tired lol

iamerican
08-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Larry! Congrats!

Diana3271
08-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Chicken Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise
TF HIIT 30
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (Premix: Total Body Mix w/weighted gloves and #10's)

Diana3271
08-11-2011, 09:22 PM

Remember my battle with the phone yesterday?

I kicked some phone butt today, baby! :kickbutt: I had DH feed all the lines to me while I was under the desk. I got everything hooked back up. Nope, it didn't work. :eek: I took the phone to DH's desk and hooked it up with his existing lines. It worked. I thought for a minute. The new phone worked in the shop. The phone line in the shop comes from the ceiling, so I had the use the existing line. DH's desk is a huge mess, so I used his existing line. I had swapped out the line that was sent with the new phone for a longer line that I had stored away. Hmm, I thought I had it figured out. The new line I was using was for a single phone line not a multiphone line. TA DA! Fixed! :dance: I knew when I ran into that problem yesterday that I was not crazy. I should have been able to find the right port/line combination.

Well, something else exciting happened today. DH took my car to Toyota for a recall. I was in the shop/office by myself and I had some unexpected visitors. :eek: DH's cousin from Mass. along with his wife and 2 son's showed up. :eek: Mind you we had no idea they were coming. They actually spent a week at Disney in FL and were on their way back home. They decided to drop in to see us. We had a nice visit for the afternoon. DH got back and was able to see them, too. They have already left to go home. The last time they came down, 15 years ago, we got a phone call that they were checking into a hotel and they were here to visit. That time they stayed for a couple days. We exchanged email info, so maybe we can keep in touch a little better. :lol:

Hopefully tomorrow will be less exciting and less action packed! :rofl:

Have a great night and sleep well!

K9Owner
08-11-2011, 09:31 PM
If I had to use a word to describe today, it would be FULL!
:goodscale is tomorrow, and I'll have a gain.

:carrot: WTG LARRY! :carrot:

I am thrilled for you :D

LGW
08-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Start May 15 - 238
June 15 - 229 (-9 total wt loss)
July 15 - 222.4 (-15.6 total wt loss)
July 31 217.8 - August 15th official weigh in

8/1 - no WI
8/2 - 218.2 (+0.4)
8/3 - 219.6 (+1.4)
8/4 - 220.2 (+0.6)
8/5 - no WI
8/6 - 216.8 (-3.4)
8/7 - 215.2 (-1.6)
8/8 - 216.6 (+1.4)
8/9 - no WI
8/10 - 217.4 (+0.8)
8/11 - 218.6 (+1.2) ...sigh.....

jeniansmom
08-12-2011, 06:35 AM
AndeJean: glad the surgery went well :)

shishke: glad you won't have so much stress now that the old roommate is out :)

mlgibson: awesome progress!

WannaBeLoserAgain: keep up the great work!

Diana: :highfive: for winning the phone battle! And glad you had a nice visit :)

LGW: Woohoo..you are doing awesome!

K9: :hug: keep hanging in there, every day and every meal is a new choice

mamakat: Hi! :wave:

Did my "official" weigh in today. 245! Another 4 lbs down. And my blood sugar is awesome. I finally got a new prescription of test strips. These are not over a year out of date lol and the readings are actually lower than they were with the old ones. So, overall I'm feeling pretty good about how things are going.

Happy health Friday to all!
Jen

zoodoo613
08-12-2011, 06:58 AM
First, WTG Larry! What an awsome achievement! Congrats!

Now, for me, holy whoosh! Weigh-in this morning was 191.8, down 1.8 from yesterday. Yay!

Lots a yays for me. My husband and stepson arrived home yesterday from a motorcycle trip together. My litle guy played an open mic night last night. He got some stage fright and played too quietly, but he did a good job. The event was the first of its kind and was a raging success, TONS of local talent, and we can look forward to more of them. I got the project I wanted at work, although the guy that gave it to me told me there was still a chance they would go a different direction, i.e. hire it out, but at this point it's more than just him on my side. The downside of that is that I'm going to be insanely busy until it's done, and I was really hoping to take some time off while my stepson is here, but I guess that won't happen.

And I'm wearing jeans that I haven't worn in a couple years.

So for right now, for this little snapshot of time, things are going my way. Happy Friday everyone!

Diana3271
08-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! :woohoo: I am so ready for the weekend! :dance: Enjoy your weekend! Make the best choices that you can.

Weigh In: 144
Down: .4

LGW Hang in there. Keep working your plan.

Jeniansmom Congrats on the 4 pounds! :bravo:

Zoodoo Congrats on that whoosh and the jeans! :carrot:

K9Owner
08-12-2011, 07:33 AM
JenIan: Thx hun! Aren't we to be so grateful for new things!

Defo a gain, but I am NOT complaining about it. After last weekend and this week, I deserve it!

PUSH ON SOME MORE!

berryblondeboys
08-12-2011, 07:39 AM
And like clockwork, I got a one pound gain as I'm heading into ovulation days. Day 11 of my cycle. Salty dinner last night contributed to that, of course.

Hubby has a headache and vomited around 5 am. I sure hope it's not catching and that maybe he just got too much sun yesterday or something.

iamerican
08-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Zoodoo: Nice WHoosh! congrats!

I am up a pound from Sunday. :(

berryblondeboys
08-12-2011, 08:48 AM
First, WTG Larry! What an awsome achievement! Congrats!

Now, for me, holy whoosh! Weigh-in this morning was 191.8, down 1.8 from yesterday. Yay!

Lots a yays for me. My husband and stepson arrived home yesterday from a motorcycle trip together. My litle guy played an open mic night last night. He got some stage fright and played too quietly, but he did a good job. The event was the first of its kind and was a raging success, TONS of local talent, and we can look forward to more of them. I got the project I wanted at work, although the guy that gave it to me told me there was still a chance they would go a different direction, i.e. hire it out, but at this point it's more than just him on my side. The downside of that is that I'm going to be insanely busy until it's done, and I was really hoping to take some time off while my stepson is here, but I guess that won't happen.

And I'm wearing jeans that I haven't worn in a couple years.

So for right now, for this little snapshot of time, things are going my way. Happy Friday everyone!

Nice job on the whoosh and yay with the project at work! Even though it does mean less time with your stepson.

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Everyone is doing great! So far 3# weight loss this week. Official weigh day on Monday, so this means I need to stay on course. I love this accountability!

Mojojuju
08-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Going to work today! Have not heard back from the fulltime position, so I'm going to start prepping for my part time job by showing up and helping teachers put their classrooms together. Starting tomorrow, I need to get up at 5:30 AM to work out. :fr: This is my greatest challenge--getting up to work out during the work year. If I leave working out till the afternoon, it just never gets done. I make excuses--I'm exhausted from the kids, it's way too hot, etc etc. Mornings are where it's at.

But gettin my butt out of bed at that time--whew.

This should actually be my goal for the month. Rather than talk about how long I'll run for, I should be talking about making sure the running happens. So! Let this be the new goal: I will get up at 5:15 to be out the door by 5:30 so I have time to finish my workout by 6:30 and get to work by 7:30.

I will do this every weekday! Mondays, happily, are off days, and Fridays are swimming days, so I might not have to do it but three times a week. I can usually make myself swim in the afternoon. Weekends, I'll let myself slack off and only be up by 8. :D

Diana: Thanks for the words of comfort! That makes me feel a lot better, haha! Whew. Next Thursday is the appt.

mamakat
08-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Mojojuju,
Sounds like a good plan. It's very inspiring :)

WannaBe,
Nice job on the 3# loss.

berry,
I hope DH is doing better. Sun and fun sometimes leads to migraines :( We know it can't be the food, right? as you brought your own. I hope he gets better soon. :)

zoodoo,
awesome on the whoosh, how nice! Maybe when you show your bosses that you can do a dern good job on this project they'll rethink ever hiring out again. :)

Jen,
:wave: great job on the 4# down. :)

LGW,
I love your avatar, what a beautiful smile :) You're doing fantastic. Keep it up :)

Krystal,
Even though you saw a raise on the scales, I did see a lot of good choices this week in your posts. :)

Diana,
Glad the phone is working. I'm glad the unexpected company was a good thing. Sometimes it can be stressful especially when you have spent the last two days fighting with a phone :D But it sounds like it was a nice break, that's nice :)

Alaskan,
It's the weekend, are you going to relax now? My goodness you do so much stuff. I hope you have a good weekend :)

Vixsin
08-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Down a pound of some water to 186.8 :) Dinner with a bunch tonight. Half day at work. Much to do. Will check back later. Have a great day!

Larry H
08-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Zoodoo Congrats on the 1.8 pound whoosh!!. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I am glad to see things are going your way in your life.:hug:

Larry,

shishkeberry
08-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Today I had a new low on the scale and a NSV! 251.2, my new lowest low since I got pregnant with my daughter. Yay! And my NSV, DF gave me a hug last night and he said could feel a difference! He said it's easier to get his arms around me! Yay, solid proof!

Larry H
08-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Today I had a new low on the scale and a NSV! 251.2, my new lowest low since I got pregnant with my daughter. Yay! And my NSV, DF gave me a hug last night and he said could feel a difference! He said it's easier to get his arms around me! Yay, solid proof!

shishkeberry :bravo: Well done!!

Larry

LGW
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Start May 15 - 238

8/8 - 216.6 (+1.4)
8/9 - no WI
8/10 - 217.4 (+0.8)
8/11 - 218.6 (+1.2)
8/12 - 218.6 (+0.0) ... I will take it!

Andejean
08-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Bad news, I had another McFlurry. good news, I'm feeling MUCH better! Now I just feel like I have one of those awful congestive sneezy colds. No real pain. Tonight we watch football and take it easy, but I'm really staring to get restless. Can't lift over 10 lbs, and no strenuous activity... ugh... lol

Diana3271
08-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: Does anyone have any plans for the weekend?
I don't have anything special planned. I might try to buy another pair of athletic shoes. Mine are getting pretty worn. Other than that, hopefully I can relax some. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

K9 Keep pushing! You can do it! Have a great weekend!

Berry Sorry to hear about your DH getting sick. How is he doing now?

Iamerican Sorry about the pound. Keep working your plan. :hug:

Wannabeloseragain Congrats on the 3 pounds!

Mojojuju The 5:30 is awful, but you can do it. It will take a little time to adjust to the new schedule. Just make sure you go to bed early. If you go to bed early, you will automatically wake up earlier. Update us when you get your thyroid results.

Mamakat Hi :wave: Have a great weekend. Do you have any plans?

Vixsin Great job on the pound!

Shishkeberry Congrats on the new low and the hug. ;)

LGW Hi :wave:

Anjejean Good news that you are feeling better!

Larry Hi :wave:

Diana3271
08-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Total approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Roast beef 400 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
500 Jump Ropes
KCM's 30 MTF TLC (Premix: CoffeyFit Blend 45 Minutes w/weighted gloves)

MsThickMiddle
08-12-2011, 08:58 PM
I've been so busy! Trying to stay on track but have had a rough time of it. Still at 181 lbs!

Diana3271
08-12-2011, 09:00 PM
I've been so busy! Trying to stay on track but have had a rough time of it. Still at 181 lbs!

MsThickMiddle Hi :wave: How would it work if you planned your meals in advance? That way it's a no brainer and you eat what you already have planned. I hope you find something that works for you. :hug:

mamakat
08-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Diana,
No plans as of yet. Yesterday was my 18th anniversary, but DH was out of town till tonight. DS is out for the night so dinner alone is out too as my DD can't stay home alone (or I don't like her to). So not sure what will be going on. Cool thing though he got us tickets for the Colbert show in Sept (only day available) as an anniversary gift. I love Stephen Colbert! I'm not crazy about New York City though, but for Stephen I'll suffer :p

I hope you have a great weekend. :)

shishkeberry
08-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Tomorrow I have yet another birthday party to go to, but at least I'm not hosting this one. My FIL and SIL have birthdays two days apart so it's a joint party for those two. Ha, that's three couples of people in my family that have birthdays like that. My sister and I (july 11 and 13), my two kids (august 4 and 6) and FIL and SIL (august 14 and 16). Not only that but my mom and my brother are 4 days apart (october 23 and 27) and my DF and best friend are three days apart (october 18 and 21) weird.
My ex was supposed to take our son (DF is the father of my DD, step dad to my son) for the night tomorrow but I haven't heard from him since last week. Not really surprised. I wish he hadn't mentioned it to DS because I wasn't going to for just this reason. I knew he'd forget or blow it off. Grr. Luckily DS seems to have forgotten as well. Ex didn't even get DS anything for his birthday. But yeah, that's all I have going on this weekend. I want to hit the gym at least once since my back feels much better. I haven't been since last wednesday.

shishkeberry
08-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Mamakat, I'm jealous! I Love Stephen Colbert! I'm sure you'll have a great time :)

Diana3271
08-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Mamakat Sorry I missed wishing you a happy anniversary! :cheers: I hope it was a good one and congrats on getting tickets to the Colbert show in Sept. I hope you enjoy it.

MsThickMiddle
08-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Diana, I'm making a HUGE effort this weekend to make it to the store to get lunches to take to work for this coming week. The last week was rough. Went back to work the kids went back to school. Two of which are special needs and impossible to take to the store with me. They'll be staying home with Daddy as usual this weekend. Anywho, I normally do a great job of packing a healthy breakfast lunch and snacks just in case I need them. And once I get back into the swing of things I'll add my normal kickboxing routine in the AM as well. Can't wait for that I miss it!

mamakat
08-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Diana,
Although DH wasn't here, dinner was made for me (chicken noodle from scratch with Atkins penne pasta) DD loves to cook but didn't want to prep veggie, DS (who is terrified of kitchens and fires) did the prep work! I was so amazed and pleased that they did that for me. I didn't even complain that I had to do dishes :) DH was jealous when I told him. It was so nice and I know how hard it was for my DS to be in the kitchen while his little sister bossed him around near a heat source. This boy literally carries a fire extinguisher around the house :lol: So it was a wonderful delight. :D

berryblondeboys
08-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Diana,
No plans as of yet. Yesterday was my 18th anniversary, but DH was out of town till tonight. DS is out for the night so dinner alone is out too as my DD can't stay home alone (or I don't like her to). So not sure what will be going on. Cool thing though he got us tickets for the Colbert show in Sept (only day available) as an anniversary gift. I love Stephen Colbert! I'm not crazy about New York City though, but for Stephen I'll suffer :p

I hope you have a great weekend. :)

That's awesome!

MsThickMiddle
08-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Diana,
Although DH wasn't here, dinner was made for me (chicken noodle from scratch with Atkins penne pasta) DD loves to cook but didn't want to prep veggie, DS (who is terrified of kitchens and fires) did the prep work! I was so amazed and pleased that they did that for me. I didn't even complain that I had to do dishes :) DH was jealous when I told him. It was so nice and I know how hard it was for my DS to be in the kitchen while his little sister bossed him around near a heat source. This boy literally carries a fire extinguisher around the house :lol: So it was a wonderful delight. :D

Sounds Yummy! And what a great thing for the kids to do for you! :hug:

LGW
08-13-2011, 02:20 AM
8/1 - no WI
8/2 - 218.2 (+0.4)
8/3 - 219.6 (+1.4)
8/4 - 220.2 (+0.6)
8/5 - no WI
8/6 - 216.8 (-3.4)
8/7 - 215.2 (-1.6)
8/8 - 216.6 (+1.4)
8/9 - no WI
8/10 - 217.4 (+0.8)
8/11 - 218.6 (+1.2)
8/12 - 218.6 (+0.0) ... I will take it!

Diana3271
08-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Good Morning! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Weigh In: 144.0
No Change

Shishkeberry I hope you can make it to the gym! Enjoy the party.

MsThickMiddle Ah, you had a lot going on last week! A transition time. Once you get back to a routine and can plan you will feel much better. :hug:

Mamakat Your children made your anniversary very special. That is so sweet of them. And it sounded delish!

LGW I hope you got some much needed rest. Hang in there. :hug:

Mojojuju
08-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Having a "why bother" morning this morning. I was foolish and checked my scale, and despite lowering my calories by about 300/day this week and working out hard, scale still shows me at a gain of 1 lb over my start weight.

*sigh*

I really hope my doctor finds something. I know this has obviously been a problem for a few weeks, but I keep just hoping beyond hope that -something- will give and I'll lose, I don't know, two pounds? Two pounds for a month and a half of hard work, that doesn't sound so insane, right?

:cry:

berryblondeboys
08-13-2011, 08:22 AM
You would think I would be used to the ovulation gain by now, but I think somewhere in my brain I'm still hopeful that "this" month it won't happen. Grrrrr... at my stubbornness at not just learning to accept my body's rhythm.

Up .6 today.

Maile
08-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Good morning..Today I am facing a barbecue that I am dreading, I do not particularly like most of the people there..plus they tend to drink for one or two hours before even eating anything. I am determined to stay on my diet..but it will not be easy to keep myself from indulging in a glass of wine to pass the time. I am planning to take bottles of talking rain and ice tea.
One of the reasons I want to stay on is because I am at a no movement point.
Weigh in 163 today..really want to break into the 50s.

Wish me luck.

Mojojuju
08-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Maile: Those things are the worst! I think they're custom designed to make you binge. First, the long hours of not eating anything while delicious-smelling food simmers in the background. Then the social pressure to have alcohol. Then there's the delicious food itself--that' you've been smelling for two hours! Half a hamburger just doesn't feel all that satisfying! And to top it all off, someone always brings amazing looking desserts to those things.

Be strong! It's good you're bringing your own drinks, maybe bring some veggies and healthy dip to go along with it so you're fuller and less tempted by the bad stuff? That's what I do now when I go to social occasions.

BerryBlondeBoys: :hug: It will go away! You know it will! Hang in there, it's not going to stick around forever. You've had an awesome downward trend overall, and I'm sure it's gonna just continue!

K9Owner
08-13-2011, 11:41 AM
GM chicks and Larry :wave:

I began this wonderful morning with a 4 mile run. Made awesome time, as the temp was lower and very little to no humidity. I ran a 7/2—run 7 min, walk 2 min. River went with me and loved every moment of it! She’s passed out now in the kitchen at my feet. I love a K9 who is worn out through cardio! It makes for a real nice “cuddlebugg” in bed ;)

I worked yesterday. I made unhealthy and healthy choices, but by far better than the rest of this past week.

Friday’s Menu
FF Cheese Omelet 112
Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte, PB Crackers 280
Chicken Caesar Wrap, 5 chips, Snackwell’s Vanilla Crème Cookies (2) 599
Peach Cobbler, Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream ~290
Turkey Patty, Lazy Cbbage Roll, Popsicle 410
Total: 1691

Tonight, I have a small party to attend. I will have a couple glasses of Merlot but life will go on.
I am happy to have ran this morning. I feel so much better during and afterwards. It’s the FIRST step out of the front door that’s the problem.

Diana3271
08-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Edited To Remove Picture Links

berryblondeboys
08-13-2011, 12:03 PM
You know... I think I might have ovulated early. All signs are pointing to it. If so, that would be GREAT! (editing to say; eh, nevermind!!!) I can handle getting out of this stall sooner than later. Bodypump was great. Different instructor who pushed us, but was funny too. Hubby eased up on the weights this time and it was better, but yep, on all exercises except the bench where we work the arms, I'm stronger! Go figure!

berryblondeboys
08-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Here's some pictures that I have had on my camera. The first ones are of Magnum from this year. I find it funny that we never took many pictures over the years of Magnum, but I did take quite a few this year. Then there are some from when we went to OBX, NC at the 4th of July.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/Diana32711/Magnumand4thofJuly2011pictures039.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/Diana32711/Magnumand4thofJuly2011pictures037.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/Diana32711/Magnumand4thofJuly2011pictures020.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/Diana32711/Magnumand4thofJuly2011pictures017-1.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/Diana32711/Magnumand4thofJuly2011pictures016-1.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/Diana32711/Magnumand4thofJuly2011pictures004-1.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/Diana32711/Magnumand4thofJuly2011pictures003-1.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/Diana32711/Magnumand4thofJuly2011pictures001-1.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/Diana32711/Magnumand4thofJuly2011pictures010.jpg

The above picture isn't very good. We were on a pier at night and the wind was blowing like crazy and it messed up my hair. I was also having issues with sand and dust blowing in my face/eyes.

These are fantastic Diana! First, love the doggie pictures. I love labs and retrievers LOVE THEM. That first one with his toy... precious.

And you, my dear. You look so freaking fantastic! You give me hope with loose skin issues! And flabby arms. You would never, ever know by looking at you that you used to weigh more than double what you weight now. That is truly unbelievable. You glow in healthy looking body and skin...

K9Owner
08-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Diana: WoW :bravo: I am loving those pics! Look at your collarbones!!!
Awesome. To be quite frank, you make Magnum look good ;)

Diana3271
08-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Berry :hug: Thank you so much for the compliment. It made my day. I love that first picture of Magnum, too. It's just precious.

K9 Thank you, too. :hug: I always get all weired out, paranoid and freaky over pictures. :lol:

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-13-2011, 12:28 PM
I am checking in! I had an awesome sandwich...I was not sure if I would like. And, I made it!

I use Whole Wheat Bread Rounds, Deli Oven Baked Turkey Thins, 1/3 Fat of Philadelphia Onion & Chive (2 Tablespoons for the spread), tomato, few thin onions, lettuce. Seasoned with Mrs. Dash and Pepper. And....a banana on the side!

And....I have plenty of points for tonight!

My suggestion for outdoor parties...eat an apple before you arrive. Have some flavored water in your drink bottle. Stay simple with the meal: Meat, vegetables (lots). If you must try something, then only a small spoonful and limit those kinds of foods... that goes for dessert too!

Remember to make healthy choices!

Mojojuju
08-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Diana, you look AMAZING!

K9"I ran a 7/2—run 7 min, walk 2 min." Wow, I aspire to be you!

K9Owner
08-13-2011, 04:21 PM
K9"I ran a 7/2—run 7 min, walk 2 min." Wow, I aspire to be you!

Love, if you run 10 miles, you--by far--SURPASS me.This was a mere 4 miles in about 45 min; no where close to 10.
I run slow too--in between 11.5-12.3 min mile, but today, my trainer had us running a 10.5 min mile :running:
Slow for him! He is usually a 6-8 min mile! However, he has endurance and distance issues! :lol:

Larry H
08-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Just a quick check in.

My fourth week of Calorie Cycling

8/8/11 - Mon -goal 1651 calories - actual was 1235 (416 under)
8/9/11 - Tue -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1406 (95 under)
8/10/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1516 (15 over)
8/11/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was 1193 (158 under)
8/12/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was 1408 (393 under)
8/13/11 - Sat -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1677 (176 over)
8/14/11 - Sun -goal 1201 calories - actual was

Total so far for this week is 949 calories under

My Weight is constant at 217

3 hours in the hot sun mowing and picking up fallen tree branches.
It would have been more but my mower broke twice today :dizzy:

Larry,

Diana3271
08-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Mojojuju Thank you.

Total Approx 1655 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (300 calories)
Iced Coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
5 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 100 calories
light mayo + lettuce 50 calories

Dinner (990 Calories)
Salad w/light dressing 150 calories
Steamed squash 100 calories
boiled cabbage 100 calories
10 small turkey links 160 calories
Red Rice 200 calories
Edwards Hershey's Chocolate Cream Pie Single Slice 280 calories

Exercise:
5 Mile Mall Walk

Diana3271
08-13-2011, 09:29 PM
I went to the shoe store today. I need a new pair of athletic shoes. I wanted them to measure me again because of the weight loss. I have always had a big foot. Guess what? I've lost almost 150 pounds and still wear the same size 11 shoe that I've always worn. :dunno: :rofl: My good friend has always told me that I have a good foundation. :lol: You gotta think about the positives, right? :dunno: :lol:

shishkeberry
08-13-2011, 09:33 PM
I think I have pumpkins growing in my yard. At least they match pictures I've found on google. We didn't plant them. Apparently the leaves are a good source of calcium. Too bad that they're spiny and I don't have a juicer. But i might not have to buy pumpkins to carve this year and that's pretty cool. My DS is ecstatic. He loves pumpkins and halloween stuff. So far it looks like we'll get two pumpkins out of it.

jeniansmom
08-14-2011, 01:15 AM
Made the best choices I could on a challenging food day. Had a small cookout. I made turkey burgers and grilled carrots and ate them, but also ate 1 servings of potato chips and 1/2 serving each of 2 yummy pound cakes that were brought by someone else. And 1 of the no bake cookies I made. Was able to come up with all the nutrition info for everything I ate at the cookout and if I'd stopped there I would have been low-ok on cals, a little high on carbs and spot on for sodium. But then we went to the fair. I had a sausage sandwich with grilled onions and peppers and no bun. I had to guestimate the nutrition info from the web but guess what that did to my sodium and cals? Yeah. Carbs were fairly high too due to the onions. Then when we got home after midnight I figured the day was already basically a nutritional loss and ate 1 more no bake. So for the day I calcu-mate approx 2300 cals, 140 net carbs, and *gulp* over 4200 sodium.

The downside..I expect higher than usual blood sugar in the am and I expect some weight gain from the sodium.

The upside..it could have been soooo much worse. I made conscious choices. I limited my servings. I didn't get carried away. I even passed up ice cream at the end of the night.

I have to be ok with these days once in awhile, accept the consequences and get back on track.

Thanks for reading, I just needed to be accountable. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Jen

alaskanlaughter
08-14-2011, 02:45 AM
im checking in...its almost 11 p.m....have been crazy busy...was okayish on calories yesterday and hardly ate today so i think im okay on that...worked yesterday, then came home and got son's room ready, then picked him up at the airport and went to the store, then went to SIL's house to cook for today's wedding, i was there with a few other ppl from 830-1130 last night and THEN couldnt leave because a big black bear was in the road by our cars...so i cleaned up her kitchen til it wandered away enough so i could go out to my car

got up this morning, took recycling to the center, and then cooked, prepped and transported food to the wedding site from 830 a.m. til 230 p.m. and had barely enough time to get us all in wedding clothes and back to the wedding at 3 p.m....the wedding was beautiful!!! if you are on my facebook you can see them all...tomorrow i will re-size a few for here...the cake turned out beautiful and i cooked so much food that i was sick of seeing it by the wedding time and barely ate anything...so i had a cup of coffee today, some taste-testing as i cooked and then two pieces of cake at the wedding, which promptly made me sick to my stomach and ive felt crappy the rest of the night...and i didnt eat anything else after that...beautiful reception at the lake, but cold due to being right next to a giant ice cube, i mean glacier lol

so tomorrow i have to tackle the usual weekend round of paying bills, grocery shopping and laundry plus DH needs to take the kids to get school supplies...this is a father/son activity, apparently...

berryblondeboys
08-14-2011, 08:07 AM
I have zumba in an hour and just realized both my sports bras are in the dirty laundry. oops! Guess I'm digging through that to get to class!

Scale dropped .4 today which was nice since I'm still in my stallout.

Mojojuju
08-14-2011, 08:11 AM
K9: I run 13 miles in a week! I only do about 2.7 ish a day. Even that's an estimate, as I had to get in my car and drive around staring at the odometer to figure it out, and as my route goes the wrong way down some one way streets, I had to find analogous parallel routes to estimate with.

I'm eating my snack and then heading out today. Tomorrow is work! Squeee! I have so much to do to prepare. I'm excited and nervous to start work at the third new school in three years!

Jeniansmom: Good for you! I had a bit of a slip up yesterday too. I had half an ice cream sammich, and then half of my boyfriend's half of a sammich. Whew! I will follow your example and just take it in stride. Considering how little of that kind of food I've been eating overall, I just can't find it in my heart to feel horribly guilty about it.

Diana: I wear a size 11 too! Horribly hard to find shoes. Especially attractive professional work shoes! I find that if I go to places like Payless they have a small section, but they're usually hideous granny pumps, sneakers, or teeny-bopper sparkly hoochy shoes. All the nice designers literally stop their lines at 10, much the same way they stop their clothes at 12. They don't want fat people with big feet wearing their designs! We're supposed to have ugly clothes to shame us, I guess! *mutter mutter mutter* AT ANY RATE, tangent aside, I'm sure that by now you've figured out that you're a size 9-9.5 in mens shoes, which is helpful to me when buying sneakers. I just breeze past the womens' section at any shoe store and go straight for the mens' if I'm looking for some running gear. The shoes don't seem to have particularly gender-centered designs, thankfully.

berryblondeboys
08-14-2011, 08:25 AM
While we're speaking of big feet. I wear a 10.5. Tens are too small, 11 ares are too big, but do you know how few shoes come in a 10.5? I'm finding myself more and more in 11s though (and I used to wear a size 9!) I think my arches are slowly falling. I had SUPER high arches.

But my 14 year old wears a size 14 means. Only one store in our area carried them. Everywhere said, "Oh, we can order them in", but how do you know they'll work out for his foot? He's a 14 and very narrow - great combo! He seriously looks like the Pink Panther (6'1" and 135 pounds and size 14 feet - and still growing).

Diana3271
08-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Good Morning! :wave: Have a great day!

Weigh In: 143.4
Down: .6

Mojojuju I hear you on the shoes/clothes. I'm lucky in that I wear mostly athletic shoes. I have a couple pairs of other shoes that I wear here and there. They tend to last for years since I don't wear them much. With my athletic shoes, I go to a specialty shoe store. At one time, I had foot pain and the people at this place helped me. They put me in a pair of shoes that were for my foot type/what I need. They are expensive, but they are worth it. No more foot pain!

Berry DH wears a size 16 shoe. We joke about if we had children what size would they be? I'm taller than the average woman and have larger feet. DH is about 6'3 1/5 and wears a size 16 shoe. You never know about that stuff. Have you ever ordered through zappos.com? The good thing about them is that shipping both ways is free. That way you can order something and your DS can try it without the return shipping charges.

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Good Morning! I have to get through this day. I am really tired and I do not want to take the easy way out and eat and do nothing. Dh is back in the hospital, looks like another few days to get out again. He had cardiac surgery on the 8th.

zoodoo613
08-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Morning everyone.

Well, my woosh didn't last. Yesterday I was back to 193.2, today 193.4. I'm glad it's not worse. All my very loose routines are off. Since Thursday there's been: The return of my husband and stepson; open mic night; lunch and dinner prepared by my mom; a drive-in movie with popcorn and candy; pastries from the farmers market; late return from a hike precipitating a pizza and wing night. I have to say, although the days have been filled with some pretty crappy food, I haven't gone nuts. Believe me, I ate. But I didn't eat tons and tons, so I guess it's all OK. Specifically, I feel OK with it. Friday's calories where fairly high, but yesterday's just weren't that bad.

The only exercise I've fit in since then was that hike yesterday. It wasn't long, or very hard, but I was active for several hours. We went to this great series of little waterfalls. The middle set you can use as a sliding rock, with a little pool at the bottom. The water was a little low for it this year, but it still worked. After playing their for a while, we poked our way upstream to where the stream opens up and the landscape changes character. We found a beaver dam that I SWEAR wasn't there last year. The water we'd been playing in was surprisingly warm for Adirondack water, but when we jumped into the beaver pond, which was only a few feet deeper, it was icy!

My stepson took some pictures of me and ugh, they're so discouraging. When dry, by bathing suit does a good job of hiding lumps and bumps, but once it was wet, everything was on display. Worst was my below the belt gut. Those are pictures I won't be sharing.

Oh, another thing that's going to throw me off. I have to meal plan! It's something I often fall in and out of the habit of, and I realized that I'm out. For close to a month now, there's been less than the full contingent at home, and I've been muddling through. First my son was gone for 2 weeks. He was home for a few days and my husband left. Now everyone's home, plus one, and the meals I've been scraping together aren't going to cut it. And I have work to do, and I want to take advantage of my stepson's visit and see him and have fun, and I don't want to spend my time shopping and cooking. Blah!

Diana3271
08-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Good Morning! I have to get through this day. I am really tired and I do not want to take the easy way out and eat and do nothing. Dh is back in the hospital, looks like another few days to get out again. He had cardiac surgery on the 8th.

WannaBeLoserAgain :hug: Hang in there. I hope everything goes well for your DH and he is released quickly. Keep us updated.

Sum38
08-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi....

You ladies are funny!

My DS is 14, 5'7" and wears size 14 shoe....he will be one big boy.

I am back on my weight loss track. It has been a fun summer and it shows :lol:

Maile
08-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Good morning. I made it through a barbecue yesterday without drinking beer or wine..and keeping to green salad and chicken. I had been dreading it, but it was not as bad as I had thought.
Weight today is 163..scale is moving by 10th of a pound!
I am hoping for a breakthrough soon.
I have to go in to work today and get ready for a class tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Wannabeloser..I hope your husband's surgery goes well..Take care of yourself also. I will keep you in my thoughts.

berryblondeboys
08-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi....

You ladies are funny!

My DS is 14, 5'7" and wears size 14 shoe....he will be one big boy.

I am back on my weight loss track. It has been a fun summer and it shows :lol:

He better grow into those feet! LOL My son turns 15 in 2 weeks. For the last 3-4 years he has worn the same size shoe as his age (heck, maybe it's been longer than 3-4 years). We're hoping he's about done with this foot growth stuff. My husband wears a 12 and is 6'1", but his last running shoes needed to be a 13, go figure.

berryblondeboys
08-14-2011, 11:33 AM

Sorry Dh is back in the hospital, but hopefully this will set him back on the road to recovery.

Sum38
08-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Berry...mine is turning 15 in September :)

his foot has been growing for years...I am hoping it would stop...lol he has gone from 5'3 to 5'7 3/4" since january. Husband is almost 6'3"...He is trying to grow into his feet :lol:

berryblondeboys
08-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Feet grow first. I wore a size 9 shoe when I was less than 5 feet tall. My mom was worried I would be some sort of freak, but I grew.

My younger son has big feet too. he's 6 and wears a youth 3.5.

Larry H
08-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Kristina and Melissa

You might want to check this site out. :rofl:

http://www.spearshoes.com/

Larry,

berryblondeboys
08-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Kristina and Melissa

You might want to check this site out. :rofl:

http://www.spearshoes.com/

Larry,

My son's new shoes don't look much different from those and I already told him we were shopping for clown shoes next time.

Diana3271
08-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Everyone tells my DH that he has ski's on his feet. :lol: They also joke that you don't want him to put a foot in your a$$. :rofl:

Sum38
08-14-2011, 02:54 PM
HAHAHA!!!!

DS is a great swimmer....he says he has built in flippers :) His nickname is Bigfoot.

alaskanlaughter
08-14-2011, 05:08 PM
my stomach still hurts today...i had a blended coffee and a few bites of chicken...the cold coffee seemed to help but i quit eating after a few bites of the chicken...been taking it easier today, doing laundry at home and paying bills and grocery shopping...DH took little son to do school shopping today...he thinks this is fun...because he hasnt done this every fall for the past 492 years :dizzy:

here is a photo that my BIL took of us yesterday before the wedding...me and my husband Don and my sons Daniel (13) and Jackson (5)

and here is the cake that i baked and my SIL decorated...see the beautiful glacier in the background?? and the icebergs in the lake??...yes, it was a very chilly wedding but it was beautiful and sunny!

and here is the beautiful bride and groom...not that you know them...but it's a gorgeous photo...cousin Traci and Ernie

musicteach
08-14-2011, 05:13 PM
This is my 2nd week on IP. I'm glad I found this website early on in my journey, because, WoW! Week 1 nearly kicked my behind! I did it, though. Had to pray myself through a couple of days, and I'm sure that I will have hard days to come. But, It's going well now.

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-14-2011, 09:21 PM
What is IP?

Diana3271
08-14-2011, 10:09 PM

It's hard to believe the weekend is already gone! :(

I have been thinking about sweets recently. I decided for DH and I to get a piece of marble cheesecake and share it. We had that for dinner. Now I know why I was thinking about sweets. I think TTOM is starting. I should have known something was up. I don't normally think about that type of stuff. I had a higher calorie day, but I had the cheesecake in place of dinner and shared it with DH. Although, there is no excuse for how large the serving of cheesecake that the restaurant served us was. That is ridiculous! Delicious but ridiculous! ;) I estimated the calories. I could be off one way or the other.

Alaskanalughter Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are beautiful. You and your SIL did a great job on the cake.

Musicteach Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Total Approx 1865 + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (500 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 Calories
Fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (1000 calories)
Chocolate marble cheese cake 1000 calories

Exercise:
Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

Diana3271
08-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Have a great week! Here's the new thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/240866-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-8-15-8-21-a.html

LGW
08-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Start May 15 - 238

8/9 - no WI
8/10 - 217.4 (+0.8)
8/11 - 218.6 (+1.2)
8/12 - 218.6 (+0.0)
8/13 - no WI
8/14 - 216.2 (-2.4)