Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #16  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesawaygirl View Post
Well I'm back again after another week of eating my bodyweight in food daily. Going to try my absolute best to not slip up this week. The festival / birthday season is over now so I've got the rest of August with only a few social events where I should be able to follow a much more regular diet / exercise plan.

I can never decide how to control my diet, with all these lo/no carb, wheat-free, low sugar, low fat diets around I feel like just plain calorie counting is cheating in some way, or not committing enough. My B/F has been following the Dukan diet, and the thought of that horrifies me. I think I need to get it into my head that eating whole grain, lots of fruit and veg and getting some protein is a good thing, and I don't have to cut out zillions of food groups in order to feel that my 'diet' is justified.
You have to do what works for you. I limit my carbs because of my blood sugar issues which I created myself by overeating on sugars for all those years. For me, I found I was addicted to sugar - plain and simple. Cutting those out made me feel better and it's working on this weight loss journey. BUT... it's not for everyone. We all need to figure out what works for us. I personally cannot stand prescribed diets as they are too restrictive to most people, but some people need that to teach them how to eat portions or what foods to go to. I can understand that, but please don't feel like you are 'cheating' by doing the simple calorie counting. Fact is, it works!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 08-08-2011 at 09:15 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #17  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

themilesawaygirl Nothing wrong with calorie counting. It has worked for me. I've basically lost what you weigh. I try to watch the carbs/sugars because it has helped tremendously with cravings. If I'm not craving junk, I probably won't be eating junk.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-08-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 156.6/175/120.0

Height: 5'4"

LOL- Oops, I posted in last weeks thread.

Well, a quick weight update here. I weighed in this morning at 152.4! 4 pounds lost last week! yay!
violet826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #19  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I have been sitting at my computer for 30 min contemplating posting something this a.m. on this forum. I don’t really know why. I have been on holiday for a week, back at home for a week, and now I have been off of a very BAD weekend food/diet/exercise wise.

I know that if I stop now, I will regain all of what I have lost and then some. However, to be quite honest, I feel as though I am becoming comfortable, which is right where I DON’T want to be.

I am inspired by all of you guys hard work, sacrifice, willpower, and determination. I am beginning to wonder what I will do when they sky is not sunny, and I will no longer be able to be outside for exercise. Sure, we have gyms around. I’ve been a member of a couple of them, but I get bored with going. I never become bored with the great outdoors.

This thread is often difficult to keep up with, but I don’t really feel pressured to comment on every single status update. It is more of accountability to me. I feel like if I share my successes as well as failures here, at least I have made it a written confession, and that keeps me accountable. I also know that when I don’t post here, I do poorly. There has to be a correlation to that somewhere.

Last night I did not run. It was 102F and at 7pm, at the beginning of sunset, the temp was still 97F. After last week’s attempt to run in 106F, I didn’t even attempt it. I had hydrated properly for it, but since I didn’t run, I overate 500 cals [which is what I planned to burn on the run].

Since I started weighing everyday, I have really taken to heart the advice from this forum and not been so caught up in the daily fluctuations, b/c I know many of them were water weight. However, this weekend, it is just not the case. I am up 4 lbs since Fri, and many of those are true “eating” cals. About 2 of it is water, but having to lose this all over for weeks at a time is really frustrating to me.

I go back to work Friday, where I will work during the day and not at night. Then back on Sunday at night. Between now and then, I have a lot of evaluating to do to attempt to get myself back on some type of track.

Hope everyone has a healthy, OP day!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #20  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
mlgibson I hope today is better for you. You saw 159 so you know you can get there and if it's not there today then I'm sure you'll see it again soon.

Ugh, I just spilled an entire cup of coffee on my floor, books and electrical cords. That totally sucks. Guess I've got some cleaning to do. Have a great day every one.
Hey, cleaning burns calories...? Lol. Sorry about the coffee.

And today I decided to try on the size 10 work pants I have. And...they fit! Kinda tight, but they don't look bad. And don't make a muffin top.
So... YIPPIE!!!

When I weigh Wed, hoping to see that 159 or lower...going to have a good day today aside from 9 hours of work.
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I have been on holiday for a week, back at home for a week, and now I have been off of a very BAD weekend food/diet/exercise wise.

I know that if I stop now, I will regain all of what I have lost and then some. However, to be quite honest, I feel as though I am becoming comfortable, which is right where I DON’T want to be.

I am inspired by all of you guys hard work, sacrifice, willpower, and determination.

This thread is often difficult to keep up with...

Since I started weighing everyday, I have really taken to heart the advice from this forum and not been so caught up in the daily fluctuations, b/c I know many of them were water weight. However, this weekend, it is just not the case. I am up 4 lbs since Fri, and many of those are true “eating” cals. About 2 of it is water, but having to lose this all over for weeks at a time is really frustrating to me.

K9, I've edited your post to include everything that I'm feeling too! Since I went on my first break back in June, I've been good for a couple of days then terrible for the rest of the week. I've gained back everything I've lost and get frustrated with myself.

But we all have off days, you've come a long way and you know it's never a smooth ride. Once you get back a few on plan days, I bet you'll be feeling loads better and get your motivation back to carry being positive and healthy! You can do it
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #22  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Alright the ticker has been altered to show my progress from last week of 241...LOL is progress if you gain? No. Oh well. I didn't "confess" Friday's food fest because to be honest I'm not calling it a cheat. Cheating implies to something deceitful and I didn't. I had a plan (fried bread) and I was sticking to it. LOL I think it was harder for my family than for me. The first carb in a month and my son freaked out and blamed my daughter...she shared a fry The second (too many to count) carb was pizza which made everyone look bewildered (everyone but me...I totally enjoyed the heck out of that pizza) and the last (fried bread) I got a huge belly ache and gave 1/2 to my daughter. By the end of the night they all wanted to "treat" me to my last carb cotton candy...a favorite. One bite and I nearly .

I wasn't going to share that, but reading K9 and themilesaway's post made me feel (not bad or guilty) empathetic? I'm not sure that's the word I'm looking for. But Friday morning I was feeling discouraged I was stuck on lousy 243 all that week and the weeks before and I was beginning to wonder why the heck am I doing this is I'm not seeing results. That's one reason I said what the heck, one day is not going to kill me as it's life and we've got so much time to change things up. A day, a week, a month...heck, even a year sometimes, we have time to change. Like I said it wasn't a "cheat" for me, because the only one it affects (aside from shock to my family) is me. Accountability to any one other than ourselves is just a mere formality...we don't "owe" anyone our lives. We do it, hopefully, as a show of camaraderie. This is our life and only one of our struggles. Everyone here can relate to this struggle. We can relate to discouragement, the challenges, some of us can even relate to the victories. But all that is nothing if it doesn't mean something to us.

I really have no idea where I was going with all that. LOL. I just want those of us who struggle with this (and that's all of us) to know no matter where you are in this journey, we know how you feel. Whether or not we continue this struggle is a singular decision even when we want others to succeed. The hardest part of this battle is not the weight, but the mind. It's a battle not day by day, but minute by minute. And the only way to lose this battle is by giving up on us. Pounds don't have to be dropped weekly, monthly or during a season to prove that we are winning this battle. It's our mindset. Our determination. Our belief in ourselves. And that is the hardest battle.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #23  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I have been sitting at my computer for 30 min contemplating posting something this a.m. on this forum. I don’t really know why. I have been on holiday for a week, back at home for a week, and now I have been off of a very BAD weekend food/diet/exercise wise.

I am inspired by all of you guys hard work, sacrifice, willpower, and determination. I am beginning to wonder what I will do when they sky is not sunny, and I will no longer be able to be outside for exercise. Sure, we have gyms around. I’ve been a member of a couple of them, but I get bored with going. I never become bored with the great outdoors.

This thread is often difficult to keep up with, but I don’t really feel pressured to comment on every single status update. It is more of accountability to me. I feel like if I share my successes as well as failures here, at least I have made it a written confession, and that keeps me accountable. I also know that when I don’t post here, I do poorly. There has to be a correlation to that somewhere.

Last night I did not run. It was 102F and at 7pm, at the beginning of sunset, the temp was still 97F. After last week’s attempt to run in 106F, I didn’t even attempt it. I had hydrated properly for it, but since I didn’t run, I overate 500 cals [which is what I planned to burn on the run].

I go back to work Friday, where I will work during the day and not at night. Then back on Sunday at night. Between now and then, I have a lot of evaluating to do to attempt to get myself back on some type of track.

Hope everyone has a healthy, OP day!
you can do this! where's that saying about in the long run, its not about motivation but commitment instead?...something like that...dont worry about what will happen when the summer ends, just stick with it one day at a time and you can do it! i dont know what will happen when i go back to work tomorrow but i figure i can do it one day at a time... and im glad you didnt run in that kind of heat
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #24  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Well said, mamakat.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #25  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi all!

After a crazy hectic weekend, I made it to the gym, used the elliptical, the stationary bike, the leg press, the crunch table, and the tricep press, scale was down 2.5 lbs from last Wednesday. I think I'm headed in the right direction again.
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #26  
Lifelong Alaskan!

my last day off "real work" before i go back tomorrow...so far i have done some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned off the entertainment center and straightened the stuff inside the glass doors, and gone to the store...now it's time to make DH some lunch and start cleaning the two bathrooms...i like having things to keep me busy
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

A drum roll please!!

Finally a whoosh! A three (3) pound whoosh!!

A new low for me of 219. Hello twoteens!!

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #28  
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

Mondays are supposed to be a day off from my physical training, but since I only swam yesterday, I decided to take a walk. I couldn't help myself and ran a couple minutes, but tried to keep it easy.

Today I went to see a movie (Captain America--he's dreamy!) and that's a major food trigger time for me. I wanted Jr. Mints, Popcorn, diet soda, cookie dough bites--but I didn't have any of it.

No matter--I was taken out to lunch afterwards and undid it all by eating an amazing pulled pork quesidilla. Mmmmm. 1050 calories of mmmmm.

But it's actually okay--I still have some calories to go today, and I'm going to be under plan. I had eaten lightly in the morning, just in case. Planning ahead ftw!

Reading the the thread today is very inspiring! It's amazing how similar our experiences are food-wise. It makes me feel less guilty and bad about myself--more forgiving. Which is helpful. It makes me not want to freak and give up if I don't eat perfectly.

I'm probably not going to have this weight tomorrow, but this morning my scale did read 284.6--if it sticks around for a couple days I might even update my ticker! Who knows?

Optimism.
Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #29  
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

LARRY! CONGRATS!!!!!

Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #30  
Lifelong Alaskan!