Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #46  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Thanks for all the well wishes, yesterday. The Midterm went well and I got a 100%!

Yesterday's Info:

Weight: same

Breakfast: PB toast, coffee (300)
Lunch: soup, piece of bread (350)
Snack: Nuts (190)
Dinner: pasta bake (500)
Snack: Fat free frozen yogurt (120)
Calories: 1460 (a VERY carby day )

Have a great day!
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #47  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Diana--
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #48  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Shells Thank you. Great job on the midterm!

Zoodoo Whatever you do, don't throw in the towel. You are having more on plan days than off. You will get there!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #49  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Got a full night of sleep and I'm still tired - go figure! Hubby went to bed after me and was up before the alarm. So odd as he used to be impossible to get up in the morning and I was usually up.

Doing bodypump today at noon as I mentioned. Looking forward to it. I really love that class! Who would have thunk after all my feet dragging with doing strength training in the basement?

Down a pound today - but that's going to be very temporary I figure.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #50  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Berry Enjoy the BodyPump class! I struggle with doing weight work. Hate it! I am a cardio girl! I follow my TurboFire rotation, though. I do weight work when the rotation calls for it. This week, I have weights scheduled for 3 days.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #51  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
It's funny, DH and I had discussed that we were not going to get another dog once something happened to Magnum. I don't think I mentioned this, but the day after Magnum passed I was looking at dogs online and DH said, no more dogs. The next day, DH was looking at dogs online and literally crying. I told him no more dogs. Right after that DH "informed" me that we were getting another dog and that was all there was to it. We haven't gotten anything, yet. I am going to leave that up to DH. I am more interested in getting a dog from a pet rescue, but I think DH wants to get one from the place where we got Magnum. Another funny thing, Magnum was originally an outside dog. As he got older and the temps in the Summer seem to be getting hotter, he became an inside dog. Mind you, DH never liked dogs in the house. I told DH (jokingly ) that if we get another dog, it will not be an inside dog. He informed me that the dog will in inside dog and he won't have it any other way. Magnum was a very special pet and changed/improved our lives in so many ways. DH said that he really misses getting home from work, sitting in his recliner, and being able to pet or hold Magnum.
The adjustment of losing a pet is so hard and while getting a new pet solves the lonely problem, it doesn't solve the "I miss THAT pet". So sad that most pets live such a short time.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 156.6/175/120.0

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone! Im so upset! The scale said 153.4 this morning. Yesterday it said 152.4. I ate soooo good yeserday too. Veggies, tuna, grilled chicken and whole wheat sandwich thin rounds. I also did an hour long ZUMBA classs...

I drank some wine Sunday night.. So I was expecting a water gain yesterday, but not today?? I also started my... ahem.... a few days ago too.. But why would I gain the weight now instead of yesterday or the day before?

Anyways, I just wanted to vent. Its soo discouraging when I see a gain after eating healthy when all I really wanted was a big juicy hamburger
violet826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #53  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Hi All,

Jumping in late. Super busy weekend of birthday parties and movies and loads of fun. I'm up a bit from my low but ya gotta live life, right? No worries. I'm still working on getting my sleep. It's always a challenge. My eating has been pretty good with some indulgences. I'm still plugging along.

I've got so much work to do, I'll have to start my catch up reading a little later. I'm thinking of you guys!! Miss ya!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Mamakat Thanks for the wise words.

Andejean Well done for getting to the gym, good job

Alaskan Way to go on keeping busy! I'm a fundamentally lazy person at heart, I'd like to change that and be a busy bee like you!

Larry Congrats on the whoosh!

Mojojuju Well done resisting the movie snack tempations! I don't have that much control, we buy a small pack of sweets and some popcorn to take in with us, cheaper and smaller portions so still a bit of a naughty treat but without the horrendous price.

Berry I can totally feel your hubby's pain. When I first started power pump (I assume it's the same thing) I struggled to stand up / walk down stairs for nearly a week. I've not been going to the gym regularly for a couple of months now and when I go to a weights class I can feel the pain for a good few days after still. I hope he feels better soon and is brave enough to go back!

Diana32 I think I missed the terrible news about Magnum. I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you through this difficult time, I hope you and DH, friends and family are able to support each other through the sadness. Xx

Jeniansmom I'm glad things are calm right now. Hopefully the storm (if it does come) will pass quickly and smoothly and not cause you too much stress.

Shish I know it's written everywhere that eating too little isn't good, but maybe if you're really not hungry then you won't do any harm if you don't eat. I do believe that listening to your body is often the right thing to do for you. Hope you worked it out in the end and I also hope your back mends really soon.

K9 I think 140 is the weight I could most easily maintain, but I have a very small frame and it's actually quite overweight for my build. I've definitely with you on the new exercise regime and food strategy - we can do this, I know we can

Zoodoo The fact that you have more on days than off sounds like a success to me. As you can tell from these boards, we all have our struggles, and the attitude you have that you're still at it is a brilliant sign of your strength and determintation that's got you this far! Keep at it and you'll be so proud of yourself. On another note - what is your art-class-walk? It sounds like fun

Shells 100%?!!!! WOW! congrats to you

Violet I'm sure you already know this, but you have to accept fluctuations when weighing daily. If you're eating right and working out then you know you're doing well, and evetually the scale will show that, as well as your body shape changing for the better. Keep going and stay focused and you will be rewarded in the long run

Hi to everyone I've missed, there's so many of you!
------------------------------------------------
So I don't know how much UK news you guys get over the pond, but we're having a pretty nasty time here in London with riots at the moment. Stupid kids with no moral code have been looting shops and businesses all over the city, setting fire to cars and buildings and charging at police. They say there's an extra 10000 police officers on the streets tonight but it's still a pretty scary place to be right now.

So because of this, all the shops are shut and we have no food!! I've been good yesterday and trying to stick at it all week. Not made it to the gym yet but we're being told to get back to our homes early for safety so hopefully this awful situation will pass soon and I can get back to my long lost gym routine!

I'll let you guys know what's going on, please have in your thoughts the people who've lost their homes and businesses. I know I do.
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #55  
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

My run this morning was BRUTALLY hard. I don't know why. The sun was hot, yes, but there was a breeze. I only ran five walked five, but those last five turned into three and a half from my wheezing and gasping for air. I kind of wish I lived at the bottom of a hill, so that the last half of my run would be DOWNHILL instead of UPHILL, but ah well!

Maybe it was so hard because of the junk I ate yesterday. Maybe it was hard because I ran out of protein powder to put in my pre-jog yogurt. Maybe taking two days on easier exercise threw me back a step. Whatever the reason, I had my butt kicked today.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I have iron resolve to eat beautifully today. No junk and nonsense.

Hope you all are having a great day!
Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #56  
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

Themilesawaygirl: PLEASE take care of yourself! Women are often targets of idiot roving kids who feel temporarily liberated from the rules of society. If you have any pepper spray or anything like that, keep it on your person till this mess cools down. At the very least, travel with a buddy for a bit.

I hope it calms down there!
Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #57  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Diana32: AWE!! I am delighted to hear this news. Ya know, both of my k9s are rescue. I wouldn’t trade them for kennel ones. I didn’t have a clue DH was looking for us another one until he showed up one night while I was working and phoned to say, “Come downstairs.” When I got there, he was holding her in the driver’s seat and the first thing I thought was, “Where in the world are you planning to take THAT?” When I got home, I immediately fell in love with her and her personality and now—I couldn’t imagine our lives without River! A new pet will surely not replace Magnum, but the good thing is “a new one doesn’t have to replace him!” Your love for Magnum—no one and no pet can ever replace
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 156.6/175/120.0

I was so sluggish this morning when I was at the gym. I felt like I was going to fall asleep on the treadmill... Anyone know if maybe it would be a good idea to drink an energy drink or something beforehand? I dont stop because Im too physically tired, its more like I get bored and sleepy....

MoJo: Hey you did great today!!! Thats a lot of miles this morning in the heat Keep it up

Berry: Have fun at BodyPump! Ive always wanted to try a class like that

Themilesawaygirl: Stay safe! (hugs)
violet826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #59  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

When I'm officially in lazy mode. It's now 1pm and I have no urge to go down stairs a fix me something to eat. Even worse, I'm not remotely hungry. On days like these I sort of squirrel away. I haven't worked out officially in two weeks, luckily I had all those walks (zoos and six flags). Yesterday clearly was a sign I was off, but until 12 today I didn't realize how off.

I'm not jumping for joy YET, but I'm back down to 242.4. It won't matter til Monday to me anyway and besides it has risen and dropped so many times that I just can't get excited. So we'll see. I didn't get enough calories yesterday and chanced are I won't today. So that number probably won't get better...we'll have to see.

I hope everyone has a great day, it's overcast here. I should go play outside with the other kids My daughter called me a child at least ten times yesterday and then she said I was the best mom ever because I was childlike, I understand kids. Then (in the mall) I started to sing "I don't want to grow up". Even my son's friend turned pink. Oh I understand kids alright and if you give me enough time, I'll do my best to embarrass them bwaaahaaahaaa. I love kids.

Truly have a great day everyone...I am gonna to my best to get out of bed and at the very least eat. If exercise comes well that will be good too, but eating will be today's goal. Have a happy and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #60  
Melissa

I'm not sure I like it when an instructor changes the routine during bodypump. When it's the step class, it just means following more closely to get the steps. With weights, how much weight you can handle might be different. Which was the case today. I think this instructor is weak in her legs and super strong in her arms/shoulders, so she went weak on the legs and heavy on the arms. My arms are my weak spot and I kept the same weight as I did when they were doing the new release for a month. Well, I couldn't do all the reps as that set is harder than the one we have been doing the last month. Now, I'm already feeling it. My arms are rubber! Ugh!!!! Good thing it's step tomorrow so I can recover!
\