Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9''

Smile Anyone interested in making a small support group?

Hi! My name is Ivona and I am just starting my weight loss journey, looking to drop about 30lbs.

I've been lurking at 3fc for months before actually joining in, and although this is an awesome community, so much is happening with everybody that it gets a bit hectic to follow.....

Is there anybody interested in making a tight group, of 4-5 us girls that would really share this journey, chat about obstacles that we meet along the way, celebrate little victories, motivate and support each other?

I'll introduce myself first:
As I said, I'm Ivona and I have about 30lbs to shed. I'm 19 and this October I start a Pharmacy College. I'm interested in fashion, make up, learning foreign languages, traveling, personal development, making jewelry...
I'll be counting calories and exercising using fitness DVDs (mostly). I opened this thread because I don't have anybody I can openly talk about losing weight in real life and I could use some accountability....

So, no matter your age, weight, diet of choice.... If you want a weight loss buddy (or a few), please join! : )

WITH 8 MEMBERS THE GROUP IS NOW CLOSED

Last edited by hotHealthy4life; 07-29-2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: closing the group
Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2''

I would like to join I can write a mini-bio later after work. My name is Rachel.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #3  
tallnthick

S/C/G: 203/193/180

Height: 5'9"

Talking

Hello all! My name is Renisha. I am a 23 yr old mother of two, college student, and girlfriend. My goal right now is lose about 30lbs. I think once I reach it I may wanna go for more. I am very friendly. I started this journey June 19. I decided it was time to get healthy and active. My mom passed May 13 from cancer . That was the worse day of my life. Before she died, she always would tell me that she wanted me to get back healthy. I never had problems with my weight. I was always curvy. However, after the birth of my daughter in 2008 I never lost the pregnancy weight. Life is 2 short 2 b unhappy. I wanna be able to walk in a room and feel like I own it. Its crazy though, I have never stayed on a diet this long. Its not really a diet, its a lifestyle change. I was a pizza addict!! I love cheese and tomato sauce. I never thought I could go 6 weeks without pizza. Losing weight is a journey. I know that you need support to achieve your goals. IF ANYONE NEEDS 2 TALK ABOUT ANYTHING, MSG ME AND I WILL GIVE U MY CELL. When I say anything I mean it. Sometimes we all need to hear a friendly voice. I am open to forming new friendships. REMEMBER~ I am here.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

I would like to join, since I see that we have quite a few things in common i plan on losing 20 pounds, am a college student, love languages (speak fluently 3, plan on learning another one), am interested in fashion and plan my workouts on what I see on workout DVD's
Old 07-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #5  

Hi Rachel! I'm looking forward to finding out more about you!

Hi Renisha! So glad to have you on board! And I'm sorry about your mom
I agree with you - this has to be a lifestyle change. Life is too short to be fat and it's also too short to be on a diet all the time! So let's just get it over with and enjoy our figure! Cell is not an option for me - I live in Europe, but I'm glad you are so friendly! I've also seen you're looking for a workout buddy - that's great, I can see you're really serious about shedding fat.

Aleksandra, hi! What languages do you speak? btw is Aleksandra your name?

I'll be looking forward to talking to you three!

Last edited by hotHealthy4life; 07-28-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2''

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilneezy View Post
Hello all! My name is Renisha. I am a 23 yr old mother of two, college student, and girlfriend. My goal right now is lose about 30lbs. I think once I reach it I may wanna go for more. I am very friendly. I started this journey June 19. I decided it was time to get healthy and active. My mom passed May 13 from cancer . That was the worse day of my life. Before she died, she always would tell me that she wanted me to get back healthy. I never had problems with my weight. I was always curvy. However, after the birth of my daughter in 2008 I never lost the pregnancy weight. Life is 2 short 2 b unhappy. I wanna be able to walk in a room and feel like I own it. Its crazy though, I have never stayed on a diet this long. Its not really a diet, its a lifestyle change. I was a pizza addict!! I love cheese and tomato sauce. I never thought I could go 6 weeks without pizza. Losing weight is a journey. I know that you need support to achieve your goals. IF ANYONE NEEDS 2 TALK ABOUT ANYTHING, MSG ME AND I WILL GIVE U MY CELL. When I say anything I mean it. Sometimes we all need to hear a friendly voice. I am open to forming new friendships. REMEMBER~ I am here.
Unrelated topic......I've been cravings PIZZA for the last two days! It doesn't help that my gym is next to Domino's and smelled like it last night. I just started on my diet, so a cheat is not in the cards for me right now
Old 07-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 147/132/115

Height: 4'11"

i would like to join as well. my name is tiffany. im in school for accounting.. i have been working towards weight loss for about 3 months and have lost about 12 lbs. i was 145 now im currently at 132. i would like to see 115 or lower. im not dedicated nearly enough. i need some help. thanks for opening this thread!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #8  

Hey there, yes, my name is Aleksandra and I study Journalism.
What I've just figured is that we're also about the same height (I'm 5'8) and weight (I'm 170)
The languages I speak are English, German and Slovene and the language I'm planing to learn is Italian. What languages do you speak?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ivona and welcome! My name is Mandy and I'm 25 years old. I've been working steadily on my weight loss and I'm near to my goal but I'd love to join this group--I know I'll need support to keep myself on track even after I've reached my goals! I also plan to really fine-tune my lifestyle at my goal weight so that I can really become fit and athletic like I used to be.

Your post really caught my eye because I love learning languages too! I'm currently teaching myself Korean when I have free time, I know Spanish and little bits of other languages (Japanese, Russian) and I used to be a Classics major (Latin and Greek). Now my love of learning languages is mostly focused on learning programming languages LOL!

I also love to make jewelry and sew my own clothes. I'd love to see some of the jewelry pieces you've made!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #10  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

Hey there ladies, I'd love to join you, if there's still room!

My name is Amy and I'm 27. I seem to be the old one of the bunch I want to lose about 20 lbs. I started my weightloss journey 3 years ago and went from 200(though I think it was more like 210, but I refused to weight myself once i was over 196) and got down to 145. I've climbed back up to 160 this past year and want to get back down again.

I'm currently unemployed but I'm a high school English teacher (don't worry about grammar...I ignore it in forums...and mine is worse than most people's to begin with haha) and searching for a job. I have a degree in both communications and education and LOVE to read. In my spare time, I also LOVE LOVE LOVE crafting and refashioning clothes, though most of them turn out a mess that I chop up into necklaces, bracelets and head scarves haha.

I'm trying to get myself back into a healthy lifestyle but am struggling to reform the good habits I broke.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh View Post
I started my weightloss journey 3 years ago and went from 200(though I think it was more like 210, but I refused to weight myself once i was over 196) and got down to 145. I've climbed back up to 160 this past year and want to get back down again.
looks like this is a common thing to happen after you lose a lot of weight!
I've been over 215 and have lost 60 pounds within one year but regained 15 pounds due to comfort eating (that weightloss really stressed me out and I've been to obsessed with exercise and weighing that I've had enough of it at some point). So now I'm 170 trying to get to 150 (am 5'8).
Old 07-29-2011, 01:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 142/135/118

Height: 5'2

Hey, I'd like to join if that's okay! It's so great reading about all of you.

My name is Rachel as well , I'm 20 years old and at school on a Pre-Medical track...which is very stressful, and which in part has led to a lot of my weight gain this past year. I want to lose about 14 more pounds, and from there see if I want to lose anymore. I do a LOT of cardio...just a lot of interval running as well as some light weight lifting, machines at the gym, and when I'm not lazy, fitness videos. I really want to be out of the 130's before school starts in September! I'm also very very interested in fashion, except with my weight gain this past year I was never comfortable dressing the way I did before. But this will change! :P
Old 07-29-2011, 04:40 AM   #13  

Wow, I am overwhelmed by so many responses!
There is 8 of us so far... And I think that's it, otherwise word small will lose its meaning!

Hi Tiffany! Well I needed buddies, but I really thought no one would join the thread....and I'm glad so many of you did!

Hi Mandy! Wow, Asian languages...I don't dare learning them, they are so...foreign....I mean, totally different than English and the European languages. I also learnt Latin in school - it's mandatory- but I LOVE it! Btw are you American? How was learning Russian for you - I heard that it's pretty hard to learn Slavic languages for english speakers And about jewelry, interested is really the key word. So far I made just some really simple stuff, but I want to learn more!

Amy, first of all, congratulations for your loss so far! I also love reading. I actually bought 7 books this month, I had to hide them from my parents otherwise, they would think I'm crazy!(what can I say, they were on sale) But when it comes to grammar and spelling too, you all should ignore mine....I actually never attended English learning course, I got all my knowledge via TV and the internet. I am able to read books in English and watch movies without translation (I'm talking about american english, British accent confuses me), I can write so-so, but I am not a good speaker - cause I never use a spoken word except when I am traveling - so my pronunciation is terrible

Aleksandra, congrats on your loss as well! It's great that we are about same weight and height! I speak English, Spanish, basic German and my native language is Serbian. I'm next interested in learning French and Greek. I think that with my knowledge of Spanish (I'm a fluent speaker), I could easily learn Italian, plus there is a course that combines Italian language with Italian cooking class...which is my favorite type of cuisine. Maybe next year, I'm a freshmen and I really need to focus on college now

Rachel Anne welcome! Medicine, that's impressive! I also wanted to study medicine my whole life, but I gave up because schooling last minimum 6 years and then the internship to get specialization and the job is not secure after that. And then I choose pharmacy like a closest thing and also because there are no unemployed pharmacists in the country! I know college will be stressful and that I'll spend many hours sitting and learning so I need to develope some healthier habits so that I don't end up being even more overweight after the freshmen year. I know what you mean about clothes, I can't wait to get myself a whole new wardrobe!

Last edited by hotHealthy4life; 07-29-2011 at 04:48 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #14  

if your mothertounge is Serbian, then we're practically European neighbors!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #15  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

so ladies, i'm thinking since we already have 8 people, we should come up with a name for ourselves and start a new thread, or we will keep having people join this conversation. that happened to a similar thing i tried to do last year and we ended up with 24 people. completely defeats the purpose of "small group" but you feel bad turning anyone away who needs support.

i'm not sure what we want to call our thread, but as long as it's something we can all remember, we're good to go
Closed Thread