Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Thursday, July 14

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP DAILY THREAD Wednesday July 13, 2011
Old 07-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/115/115

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Just about dropped those pounds I added!! Been OP all week. Best of luck to everyone today!!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

I had my first true willpower test yesterday. I had an animal rescue meeting last night at Chic-Fil-A and had forgotten my IP packet for lunch (so I switched dinner to lunch and vice versa). I didn't have one FF or anything! My wonderful BF cooked my veggies for me and brought them along with a large salad (I made my own salad dressing and brought it with me from work). It was a wonderful feeling to eat my meal with the group and not want a single thing they were having! WI #2 is tomorrow, but so far so good. I hope everyone has a fantastic OP day
Old 07-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #4  

Had my 3rd weigh in this morning. Down 1.4. I guess it's better than nothing. It puts me at 11.8 for 3 weeks so almost a 4lb average so I am trying to look at it more that way. My ultimate goal for the 1st month is 15 pounds so I'm hoping I can play catch up next week. I should be able to because it's only 3.2 away.

I've talked with another friend last night and we switched things up a little and tried to evaluate why my loss wasn't bigger. I hope that helps! I am also thinking about walking for 30 minutes at least 4 days a week and seeing what that does. I sit at a desk all day so I don't think it will affect me negatively.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday! Good luck to those with weigh ins today!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/ip 219/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I had another 2.6 pound loss last week. Considering I've had a hard time staying OP lately, I'm really happy with that. I'm hoping to lose another 4-5 pounds in the coming 10 days. I have a photo shoot on the 25th and want to look super hot!!

A coworker eluded to my losing weight by accusing me of being anorexic the other day. It was the first time I'd felt offended about my weight loss. Some people are just mean.

Then another coworker called me pretty, so I guess they cancel out!

Happy Thursday, IPers!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good morning everyone! I am normally never up this early, but the power pole right next to our house got struck by lightning last night ( ) and the power finally came back on just an hour ago. Of course I had left the light right over my bed on... Ugh.
WI#6 is this morning. I am always excited on WI days so I will never get back to sleep now.
Plus... I am a huge nerd of a Harry Potter fan so with the last movie coming out tonight it is kinda like Christmas morning: Once you are up there is no getting back to sleep.
Speaking of which, I have a great NSV to report. Ever since I started the program, I have been planning on today being a cheat day to celebrate being on the program six weeks, and to get popcorn and candy at the movie tonight. Well, when I woke up this morning I didn't even want a cheat day anymore. It actually sounded horrible to ruin the diet. So I am just gonna bring a big bottle of water and some cheese curls to the movie tonight and be perfectly content.

I hope everyone has an amazing OP day!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
Good morning everyone! I am normally never up this early, but the power pole right next to our house got struck by lightning last night ( ) and the power finally came back on just an hour ago. Of course I had left the light right over my bed on... Ugh.
WI#6 is this morning. I am always excited on WI days so I will never get back to sleep now.
Plus... I am a huge nerd of a Harry Potter fan so with the last movie coming out tonight it is kinda like Christmas morning: Once you are up there is no getting back to sleep.
Speaking of which, I have a great NSV to report. Ever since I started the program, I have been planning on today being a cheat day to celebrate being on the program six weeks, and to get popcorn and candy at the movie tonight. Well, when I woke up this morning I didn't even want a cheat day anymore. It actually sounded horrible to ruin the diet. So I am just gonna bring a big bottle of water and some cheese curls to the movie tonight and be perfectly content.

I hope everyone has an amazing OP day!
Don't you love how our minds change the longer we do something. Have fun at the movie!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkari View Post
I had another 2.6 pound loss last week. Considering I've had a hard time staying OP lately, I'm really happy with that. I'm hoping to lose another 4-5 pounds in the coming 10 days. I have a photo shoot on the 25th and want to look super hot!!

A coworker eluded to my losing weight by accusing me of being anorexic the other day. It was the first time I'd felt offended about my weight loss. Some people are just mean.

Happy Thursday, IPers!
Be super happy about the 2.6lb loss because I haven't gone off the plan 1 day and I only lost 1.4 this week.

Don't listen to your cowork....it's jealousy!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Today marks the 4th day in a row my wieght has gone up. No cheating and I still went up. I know I am not getting enough veggies, or salt, but for my wieght to go up? Is this normal anyone?

On a more happier note: I finally found a fast food place us IPers can eat! Jimmy Johns Sandwich Shop serves something called "The Unwich". Last night I had the Roast Beef with tomato all wraped up with a HUGE piece fo Letuce. So good and it is great to have something to turn to when I am in a hurry. My recomendation to you is to order one of their Club sandwiches as an Unwich and order a pickle to go with. Perfect IP dinner!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:00 AM   #10  

Smile

Quote:

Happy Thursday, IPers!
Congrats on the loss! That is fantastic. Your coworker is absolutely jealous. People can be so petty. Listen to your other coworker.
Have fun at your photo shoot! Enjoy it knowing you look amazing. Isn't it great not dreading cameras?
Old 07-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #11  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
People's individual reactions to your weight loss have more to do with how they feel about themselves than what they observe about you. I have noticed many people go from thrilled to jealous, since now I am smaller than they are. Just keep your eye on the prize. If someone says something mean, just say "I am working with a dr and I am comfortable that I am doing something that is right for my health." That shuts up a LOT of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Morning,
Ugh I tried to start the thread today by using the "quote method" but still no links, sorry guys.

Anyways, it's one day close to the weekend! I have a wedding Saturday in NYC and I couldn't be more excited!
Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Moving this over from the other thread that was started this morning so that everyone sees it here. I am so happy for you that you are excited about going to a wedding. Isn't it the BEST feeling to want to get dressed up and go out? That's one of the best things with feeling better. It's like a depression has been lifted.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #12  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
Today marks the 4th day in a row my wieght has gone up. No cheating and I still went up. I know I am not getting enough veggies, or salt, but for my wieght to go up? Is this normal anyone?

On a more happier note: I finally found a fast food place us IPers can eat! Jimmy Johns Sandwich Shop serves something called "The Unwich". Last night I had the Roast Beef with tomato all wraped up with a HUGE piece fo Letuce. So good and it is great to have something to turn to when I am in a hurry. My recomendation to you is to order one of their Club sandwiches as an Unwich and order a pickle to go with. Perfect IP dinner!
How frustrating Especially when you are not cheating.
I am sure it is just water weight though. If you aren't cheating I don't think there is anything else it can be. Just stick through it and try drinking lots of extra water. I think the veggies are important to keep you... regular... too. So maybe work extra hard to get them all in. Or try mixing it up with no restricteds maybe? I am sure your body will snap out of it soon and you will see a big drop. Hang in there!

Good tip about Jimmy Johns! We have a ton of those around here so that could be a huge help! That sounds really good actually. Maybe that is lunch. Yum. Thank you!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #13  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
People's individual reactions to your weight loss have more to do with how they feel about themselves than what they observe about you. I have noticed many people go from thrilled to jealous, since now I am smaller than they are. Just keep your eye on the prize. If someone says something mean, just say "I am working with a dr and I am comfortable that I am doing something that is right for my health." That shuts up a LOT of people.
Good advice. The doctor thing always works for me too. There is not much room for criticism about the program or how "unhealthy" it is when you say that. I also have an aunt who used this and has kept the weight off for more than a year now, so that help when people pull the "you will put it all right back on" card. It really helps. People can be so insecure.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #14  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Been awhile since I've posted in the daily thread. So Hi all!

My life is in total disrepair at the moment, so I have kind of shut everyone out that I can. I was going to phase off of IP, since I won't be able to afford it as I'm going from being a sahm to more then likely a minimum wage employee to try and support myself. However after trying on some clothes I was given by a friend to help me when I have to start interviewing (shorts and t-shirts that make up my wardrobe, just weren't going to cut it) I realized how much farther I still have to go. Fortunately my, I don't know what to call him other then spouse, has agreed to help me get my next shipment of food.

One thing I can say about IP is that it's definitely been beneficial to me in this time of my life. It's forced me to continue to eat, even though I don't want too.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/155/130

Height: 5'7"

Oh my ... so yesterday was my WI # 2 I was so excited, but then I found out I only lost 1 pound ?! ahhhh trying to figure out where I went wrong ... it just amazes me that im not dropping pounds like crazy I mean, I eat like a quater of what I used to eat. I think it may be the water ? not drinking enough & I slack on 4 cups of veggies too .... I drink a shake every morning with my coffee is that bad ?? & for lunch I usually eat the chili or spageti ... well this week I want to get back on track !!
Closed Thread