Old 07-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default July Thread

Hope everyone has a great month!!!!!

Also, since it's a new month, and we have some many newbies , I thought I'd repost what one of our moderators posted last month. It really has helped out it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
May I make a suggestion as a moderator? To keep your thread more manageable and maybe more readable, do not make several posts at nearly the same time. Use the edit button to add more to your post if nobody has posted right after you.

I am now going to do a merge of some posts which will cut down the length of this thread from it's 55 posts to ????. I'll be back to edit in the new number. .

You are now down to 44 posts which should be just two pages. If you see more than that, you need to edit your profile (User CP up top) so that you see 40 posts per screen rather than the system default of 20. Holler if you need help.

Last edited by JenB72; 07-01-2011 at 02:49 PM.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default Yes, Happy July to all!

Jen, I see you hit the 50 pound milestone. Congratulations!

I hit it this morning too.

I've been considering for a while to change my goal to 150 lbs. but I stalled at this exact weight the last time when my goal weight WAS 150. I'm afraid if I change my ticker I might jinx myself.

I also am considering officially signing up for MRC so I can do stabilization, but between my son's medical bills all coming home to roost last week and the tornado damage, I'm really short of cash.

I can't believe how good I feel. It hasn't always been easy but good grief!--50pounds!
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/222/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!! July! WOW. I wont be able to weigh in tomorrow, this is the first week I cant make the trip. Me and my husband are both on call and cant leave the county......and I NEEDED to go. I hopped on the scale and same as last week this morning (official weigh day is tomorrow) So that scares me, but it is TOM, and I messed up one day and had 2 creamy HNS instead of one, I didnt realize it until I was all done licking the pudding cup......If I dont lose this week, what is next? Do I try metaquick (which I dont know much about) or keep trucking? My goal is 10 lbs a month, and I have 15 days to lose 4 lbs to make the 2nd month and reach 20 lbs.
chasing skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #4  

Don't let TOM throw you off. Keep on plan and I actually increase my water although officially we're supposed to stay consistent with our water volume.

Hopefully, when TOM is over you'll have a bigger than usual loss.

It never hurts to try Metaquick although sometimes it just starts my carb cravings.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #5  

Jen & Little Edie... Both of you reaching the 50 pouns mark. That is due an applause.

Little Edie.. Will let you know if I hear of any specials for joining..Hope you can do that,but if not, we will help you along until you can. Look in menus, maybe someone posted the stabilization menus 1-6.

Wishing everyone wonderful evening.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #6  

Default MIA Update

Well I hope you all are doing wonderful! My daughter came back into town for the summer and nothing has been on track since! I am down to my last week, and unfortunately I cannot re-enroll, but for an exciting reason! We are buying an house and will hopefully have a firm closing date by next week.

So since Jun 10th, I've only been to the center once. I've eaten off plan nearly every day since and I can honestly say that I have been scared to get on the scale!! I still used rational thought to eat, but I did have some bad foods. I can completely tell that I'm off - my heartburn is back and I'm completely exhausted. I also haven't had more than 40 oz of water in about two weeks.

Right now I'm taking three summer classes until next Friday and then the load lightens by one class. Did I say I was exhausted? I have not given up though. I stepped on the scale this morning and I had only gained 1 lb. I really wanted to cry for several reasons.

I hope by September I'll be able to re-enroll and lose the other 70 lbs left on my journey... but I will be on another MRC plan that I can't even share on forums. Good news is my doctor said I'm doing great and she approves my future plans .. there is hope!!

Hang in there ladies!!

Last edited by born2btxgrl; 07-01-2011 at 10:40 PM.
born2btxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

GINPEA - You had asked a question on the June thread that I think I can help you with. If you are taking krill oil you take 2 pills a day for the first month (I was told you can take them together or separate, but should be taken in the morning). The dose they gave you is for one of the other fish oil products they sell. I would suggest you call and verify this, but I would not take 6 of the krill - it will not harm you but it will far exceed your fat allotment for the day and may cause you to have some lose stools.

As for a better source - Mega Red krill is the same dosage and does not have the fishy smell. Sam's Club sells it for around $13 for 90 pills and Walmart sells 90 pills for around $22.

I think everyone feels nervous, excited and then wonders "what in the world have I done?" It is perfectly normal. Eat from the list you were given, have breakfast within 1 hour of waking up, try not to go more than 4-5 hours without eating and drink lots of water! Precondition is primarily about getting the sugar/starch out of your system so that you start burning fat.

It sounds like you are off to a good start. I really hated waiting to find out what comes next because I wanted a list of everything I was supposed to know or do, but it does not really work that way, I am constantly learning new things about myself, food in general, exercise, etc.

Mariah
momoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #8  
Started July 1, 2011

S/C/G: 187/157.5/145

Height: 5'6"

Mariah -

Thank you so much for your post. I am taking the Krill. I'd called the center yesterday to ask them how many I should take, but I said "the fish oil supplements" and didn't say the Krill. I'll call them tomorrow to verify, but I feel very sure that you're right. That also answers another question I posted on another thread. Someone had posted that the Krill would last you two months per bottle after the first month and I couldn't figure that out. It will also explain my upset tummy all afternoon. (I took five today.)

Thank you for the information on the Mega Red Krill, too. I'll be looking for that. Any savings helps!

I've been reading through these threads off and on all day and I'm feeling very optimistic. I plan to go in Tuesday and again on Friday to weigh in. On Friday, I will attend my food class.

I see your forum name is momoffour.. I'm a mom of five. Do you all eat the same meals, or do you prepare yours separately?

Last edited by ginpea; 07-09-2011 at 12:11 AM.
ginpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking

JenB and little edie - congrats on hitting the 50 pound mark! That's awesome! I know my center is doing re-enrollment specials for the 4th of July, but that doesn't help you, little edie. I hope you can make it work out!

chasing skinny - I don't even know what metaquick is, but often when I get off track, the best thing for me is to go back to the most restrictive plan possible. I'm really bad about letting bad choices snowball. Good luck!

born2btxgrl - you sound super busy! But lots of good things going for you. Good luck maintaining your loss until you can join again! The consultant at my center said the-program-that-must-not-be-named does amazing things. But they don't even offer it anymore!

I went in for my food instruction today and was pleased to find out that the beige menu is pretty much exactly like the preconditioning menu. My enrolling consultant gave me portion sizes on the preconditioning menu to maximize my loss, so I've basically been following the plan already. And I've been shocked at how effortless it has been! I get hungry in the late afernoon but for the most part my energy level has been so consistent and I feel great! I haven't even gotten a sugar withdrawl headache. They also weighed me again before food class and I'd lost another half pound since yesterday. There are 4 pounds less of me in 5 days.
LetHerOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #10  
Started July 1, 2011

Height: 5'7

Hello all,

I went in to the MRC on yesterday and officially began my first day today. I'm feeling a lot of different things and just hopeful that I can stick with this plan and see results. I have A LOT of weight to lose, but am going to take it one day at a time.

The good thing is that I have not had a headache today because of no sugar. I was/am seriously a dessert girl, but it is so not good for me.

I purchased and am taking the Phentatrim, Cortitrim, and the "Lipo in a bottle."

I have to do this - I'm tired of crying about my weight.

Congrats on your amazing success thus far...it's an inspiration.
luvs2read79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #11  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Ugh. Went to a bbq at my in-laws' last night and over ate. I had an upset stomach for HOURS and had trouble getting to sleep last night because of it.

I had eaten lightly most of the day yesterday (knowing I was going to be eating some higher-cal items that evening), and I think that's part of where I went wrong--I ended up showing up to the party REALLY hungry. I ended up with an ok plate of food, but then kept grabbing stuff off the table every time I walked past it. At least I avoided all the soda and alcohol (I almost had some sangria, but glad I didn't--MIL made it with tons of sugar, juice concentrates, and really cheap wine--would have been a TON of carbs/sugar) and drank some extra water instead.

I also think it actually didn't help that everyone had tons of compliments for how I look (many of my in-laws' friends haven't seen me for a year--before I started MRC). It kind of made me feel invincible or something--which I obviously am not, when it comes to food.

Oh, well--live and learn. Next time I will eat ahead of time and just sample a couple things when I get there, and then just call it quits and stay away from the food table.

Today I started with a protein-rich breakfast and plan to drink lots of water and fit in an extra workout. I'll see what the scale holds for me on Tuesday.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #12  

Patzi- I didn't see a stabilization menu.

I think I may wait until I lose more before I initiate stabilization.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #13  
Started Precon 6-20-11

S/C/G: 196/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Oops, I started the yellow menu today and realized at lunch I didn't have any cider vinegar. I used ranch made out of cottage cheese instead. I hope it doesn't mess me up. I'm going to the store before dinner to pick some up and more salad veggies. I'm thinking the cider vinegar helps you start into ketosis.
victorialynn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #14  
Started PC 6/14/11

S/C/G: 164/c_ticker/125

Oh NO! I'm ending the first week of my new menu and just realized that I should have been eating fruit all week & I have been. Luckily, I have been losing weight. SO glad to finally see the scale moving. I did an excel spreadsheet with a chart to show the trend and it's so fun to look at!

Congrads to you two that hit the 50 mark. Hope you can buy yourself something pretty as a reward.
coarkkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #15  
Started PC 6/14/11

S/C/G: 164/c_ticker/125

victorialynn2 - I just realized we are the same height and have the same ending goal. I wondered if I was being realistic in setting that as my goal. Did the center help you set your goal? I haven't weighed 125 since I was 25.
coarkkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote