Chicks up for a Challenge - Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp #8

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp #8

JayTee
06-28-2011, 07:20 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/8611211/2/istockphoto_8611211-drill-sergeant.jpg

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 66 lbs./29%, and have assembled a platoon, a group determined to give 110% every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," this is your life we're talking about!

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

:drill:
Sarge

SPREADSHEET LINK: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjE9zwth7bc2dDlBakkwUGw2TktBUFAtUWVfcEROY VE&hl=en_US&authkey=CIOe6aQF#gid=0

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

JayTee
06-28-2011, 07:21 PM
FOCUS TROOPS!!!! We are 37 members strong and have pledged to lose a whopping 73.2 LBS.!!! NOW THAT'S A LOT OF BUTT-er!!!!

Pledges Week 6/26-7/2

Sarge = .5
Jeanettey = 3
K3 = 1
Tubak = 1.5
Me1st = 1 & QUIT SMOKING!
Reso = 2
Envelope = 1
Rmc = 2
Courtney = 2
Kendra = 1
Nurse Ratchet Gooey = 1.6
Chesh = 2
Chick = 1.5
Josey = 2
celrae = 1
Bnh = 2
Rated = 1.6
Dreamer = 2
Fillup = 3
Sarati = 1
Peanutt = 1.5
Diyana = 2
Kris = 2
Dcap = 2
Dumplin = 2
Shellfish = 3
Pokey = 4

Newbies
Kuri = 2
Anon= 3
Serina = 2
Munchey = 2
Megan = 2
jdub = 8
AwaitingChange = 2
BudgetBaby = 3

Maintainers:
Yoyo = Trek on!
Rainbow

Total platoon goal = 73.2

HARDCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes (including push-ups & burpees): Pokey (560), Courtney (260 min.), Celrae (554 min)

SOFTCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes: Rated vs. Rmc vs. Sarati:

100 lb. goal buddies: Courtney (.6), Jeanettey (-3), Me1st (-2), Diyana (-3)

Kris (No) vs. Rated (yes) in smack down stay on track week by week. Must register a loss each week!

Sarge (150's) vs. MadamB (140's) in race to new decade. A DRAW!!! BOTH HIT THEIR MARK WITHIN MINUTES OF EACH OTHER!

Pokey vs. Awaiting: Pounds lost & Miles trekked

Madam B (12) vs. Bnh (12) vs. Chesh (9) vs. Peanutt (11): First to goal / (0) wins!

Envelope vs. Josey: Total # weeks made pledge

COMPLETED (2280.29) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:

Follow our progress at: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginners/l/blwebwalkingadt.htm

Sarge (47.28 /288.13), X
Pokey (33 /165.5),
Kneed (15.2 / 52.70),
Celrae (22.47 / 115.09),
K3 (8 / 67.5),
Kendrab (9 / 82.5), X
Chickadee (14.9 / 41.9),
Reso (68.4 /437.3), X
Cheshire (35 / 142),
MadamB (38.4 /323.4),
Yoyo (25/ 117),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (11.8/66.5), X
Bnhtla (16 / 83),
Tmil (6)
L3 (just joining)
Envelope (23.5 / 79.75) X
Courtney (11.55 / 20) X
Sarati (25.68 / 43.24)
Data Girl (32 / 32)
Josey (-- / 6 )
Rmc = (46 / 68)
Me1st = (3 / 3)
Rated = (6.7 / 6.7)
Kris = (11.7 / 11.7)

BL Summer Challengers
Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, Courtney Kris, Rated
Blue Team: Bnhtla,

Peanutt -- 10K in September
Pokey -- 5K / July 4th
Madam B -- Warrior Dash / 7/23
Envelope--5K (7/2), 1/2 Marathon (9/10), 10K (9/25), 10miler (10/22)

kurisitaru
06-28-2011, 07:32 PM
!!! I'm going to have to check back more often. These threads move FAST!
Here I am though!
Did a TON of extra biking at the park yesterday, and did my exercise. I'll be 125lbs in NO time.

Sarge! You're 4lbs away from goal!

JayTee
06-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Yup Kuri, but I gotta get to 159.9 as quickly as possible just to beat down MadamB and comments about Sarge needing a walker! Keep up that attitude and you WILL be at your goal ASAP too!

Sarge 3x on the machines today... 11.01 miles / 1171 cals burned. Take that Gooey!

Resolute
06-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Just in from work, awful hot here today, 30c might be cooler for some of you but thats pretty hot here.

Going to hit the road for my walk, just downing a bunch of liquids and having a 800 cal snack.... LOL, just voraciously hungry today, i'm already at around 1600 cals, yeah so food front is not going the greatest, oh well have to listen to my body sometimes, it definetly wants more fuel today.

Check back in later with my daily mileage, keep it going everyone.:)

chickadee32
06-28-2011, 07:51 PM
When it rains, it pours. After a couple ER visits on Sunday due to severe abdominal pain, I was at the hospital Sunday through Monday night. After going through testing and ultrasounds and CT scans for several possible causes (kidney stone, appendicitis, etc.), they decided that the cause was rupture of a complex (rather than simple/functional) ovarian cyst, but the pain I was experiencing seemed in excess of that. My OB/GYN called this evening and said the pathology report from the D&C came back and they didn't find any pregnancy tissue in what they removed from my uterus, and so the site of implantation may have been elsewhere. I have to go in tomorrow for more bloodwork and scans, and possible treatment with methotrexate to attack the pregnancy tissue wherever it is. The OB/GYN basically said that it's difficult to determine what's going on because I have so many things going on - persistent bleeding and pain from the D&C, an ovarian cyst that has ruptured sometime since the D&C, blood and fluid in my abdominal cavity of unknown source, and an ectopic or interstitial pregnancy that can't be seen on a sonogram or CT scan due to its small size. Whatever is going on, he said we're going to get it taken care of this week. He is a saint, I swear. I am really, really ready for all these problems to be over. I just want to feel normal again, be able to exercise again, lose weight again, focus on something, anything, that I can control. The scale is up about 10 lbs from all the IV fluids they pumped into me in the hospital and I feel incredibly bloated, but at least the pain meds are controlling the pain and I have had zero appetite since Sunday, lol. Will do my best to be back here and get the scale on track before weigh-in on Sunday, but no guarantees.

Cheshirecat
06-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Evenin' platoon!

I had a great 7 mile walk this afternoon. Got farther than I thought I would. Picked up two caches on the way too. A cyclist was going by right as I popped out of the wooded area. It's amusing to see there quizzical faces.

That last thread did go by quickly! All the chatter and challenges and new members we have! Sarge will have them all losing butt-er! All of them! MuWAHAHA.

Kuri-Love the attitude! Keep putting in those extra miles and you will definitely get there!

Chickadee-I'm so sorry to hear about your continued doctor visits! I'm glad you have a doctor you believe in and I hope it get's all figured out.

peanutt
06-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Hmm....perhaps we're so chatty because we're burning 102 calories for every hour of typing? Although with further investigation, it seems that um...bunny hopping with um...vigorous effort also burns 102 calories per hour. :rofl:

DH and I have plans to bike to the grocery store this evening to pick up a few things. Perhaps we'll stop for a quickie along the way. A geocache, that is (Madam, get yer mind out of that gutter!). We're also cachers and it's so easy to fit in a quickie thanks to the Geocaching iPhone app. :D

rmc9142
06-28-2011, 09:10 PM
You've been in my thoughts, Chickadee. Take care of yourself! :hug:

AnonymouslyYours
06-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey Everyone,
Hope you're all having most marvelous evenings to conclude fantastic days!

Chickadee -- I'm new here, but I really hope everything gets better fast! I'm sending good thoughts your way, hun!

Josey -- Congrats on w6d2!! That's great! I will give it my best tomorrow, and I believe I will complete it! Then weight lifting, yay! :)

MadamButterfly
06-28-2011, 10:10 PM
EVENING EVERYONE;

OMG, THREAD #8 . . . :woohoo:

AwaitingChange: Um gardens are a bit of inspiration for X-rate fodder here :o I think it all started when I announce I was getting a plot at the local hospitals NEW community garden and I had extra space. I asked everyone here what I should plant . . . and well ZUCCHINI and all it's sexual inuendos was chosen. I also have pumpkin in my garden and while learning about growing/producing pumpkins I came across this website about HAND POLLINATING http://www.pumpkinnook.com/howto/pollen.htm So needless to say, our minds went RIGHT TO THE GUTTER . . . um OK, mostly mine LOLOLOLOLOL Click on the link if you need a laugh . . . needless to say I was a little worried that the thread was going to get shut down for being X-rated . . . Ooooooooops

Oh by the way, I have 2 zuccini growing, (must have been that hand pollinating I did :o )

Pokey, Pokey, Pokey . . . what am I going to do with you . . . it's one thing to fall in the pool, pantsless . . . but to run into a parked car :?:

Chickadee: Our thought are with you :hug: :hug:

Peanut: Meeeeeeeeeeeee, mind in the gutter . . . NEVER . . . LOLOLOL Oh but I DO LOVE THE QUICKIE GEOCACHES BEHING THE CONVIENCE STORE :whoo: :rofl: :carrot: :carrot:

OK, who's trying to quit smoking, having TOM and trying to lose weight . . . the solution is: ONE GIANT ZUCCHINI :lol3: sorry I couldn't resist :D

Kendrab: Take it easy, back take a LOOOOOOOOOONG time to heal . . . if all you can do is walk, then walk . . . GOOD LUCK WITH THOSE FRENCH FRIES TONIGHT . . . ;)

SARGE: You'd better get that walker oiled up and lubed down. 30 DS done at 5:15 AM, work and just finished 18 miles on the bike . . . Yoga to come, but my tummy NEEDS FOOD . . .

Reso: Sounds like you had a GOOD DAY, weather here is picture perfect . . . enjoy things while you can!!!

Sorry, we are 37 strong and I don't think I can post personals for everyone!!!

TOMORROW IS HUMP DAY, SO BUST YOUR BUTT-ER!!!

McMurphy
06-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Hi everyone!

Spent my day alternating between sleeping, eating (within allotted calories, might I add :)), and working out. Played tennis by myself against the concrete wall at the courts down the street from my house...darn, that is SO much harder than it looks. Did that for about 20 minutes, 10 of which I spent chasing after my only tennis ball. Got home and took the dog for a walk instead. Tennis is too much too soon...need to get new tubes for my bike.

:p

Oh, I just remembered that I want to record the number of miles I walk/jog for each month. My goal through the end of July is 50. Today I did the first of those.

Hope you feel better soon, Chickadee (((((hugs))))) :hug:

celrae
06-28-2011, 10:41 PM
chickadee32- Thanks for the update. I was thinking of you. Take Care!:hug:

Resolute
06-28-2011, 10:50 PM
MadamB : LOL, you always make me laugh, especially your walker trash talk up there, talk about poking a hornets nest. :D

I hear you on this threads recent additions, getting hard to keep track of everyone, i'm sorry if it seems like i only address certain members, it usually takes me some time to get to know people, so many have jumped in only to dissapear nearly as quickly, i don't know why anyone would make the choice to change then two days later throw it all away.

I do however read everyones posts, i know how difficult it is keeping up with everyone, i don't expect anyone to comment on my rather mundane updates, however being a man around here seems to get a little extra attention ( :D )

Chickadee : Obviously i am a fumble nut when it comes to womanly issues but i do want to see you 100% and back to your usual self ( you know i care ) i'm just a dummy about such things. :hug:

envelope
06-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Chickadee- :hug:

My legs are so sore from my jog this am. I went a new route and there is an extra hill that is pretty tough. My speed is increasing, if only slightly. I managed to finish 4 miles jogging in 1hr 5m 22s.

This evening my neighbor stopped by with a 2 HUGE slices of bday cake, because she knew it was from my husband’s favorite bakery. Then my mom's boyfriend stops over with a giant cupcake cake, it was a trial run for the birthday cakes he is making for my daughters in July. I can not believe in one evening 2 different cakes showed up at my house...even more unbelievable is that I did not even try either of them!!! I am not even seriously tempted.

JayTee
06-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Hey Reso--Did you do anything special to celebrate getting into the 100's? Buy a new watch? Cook anything special? Plant a tree?

Chick--You must be ready to scream or pray ENOUGH ALREADY!

Resolute
06-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Chickadee- :hug:

My legs are so sore from my jog this am. I went a new route and there is an extra hill that is pretty tough. My speed is increasing, if only slightly. I managed to finish 4 miles jogging in 1hr 5m 22s.

This evening my neighbor stopped by with a 2 HUGE slices of bday cake, because she knew it was from my husband’s favorite bakery. Then my mom's boyfriend stops over with a giant cupcake cake, it was a trial run for the birthday cakes he is making for my daughters in July. I can not believe in one evening 2 different cakes showed up at my house...even more unbelievable is that I did not even try either of them!!! I am not even seriously tempted.

I would of been, LOL, would of had a small taste of each with a cup of coffee or something, enough to appease myself and stay restrained without hurting anything to much ( It's what makes life worth living, just don't have to be a glutton, i have always appled this principle since i started my change because i can't shy away from lifes pleasures. ) :^:

JayTee : No i didn't really do anything, went shopping i guess and bought the Bunny hug is about all. :)

Me1stAllways
06-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Well, I did it. made it threw another day. sure I flipped out on inocent bystanders, thought of eating small children cuz they were annoying me and cussed out a few smokers (well how DARE they smoke in my vasinity while im tryin to quit! really lol) :mad:
and where has my fiance gone... havent seen him like all day? hidding no dought, coward. lmao.

BUT i did extra awsome on my diet (had no small children even tho they would tech fall into my protein catagory) no miles or work outs cuz Im a lazy rageing crazy person rite now focusing on not ending the human race single handedly. :dizzy: But tomorrow is a new day and I decided to keep my crazy self locked indoors with JM and pilates followed by a good few hours at night with the gym when its about empty.

chickadee32 ... wow, I thot I was having a hard week. Stay strong women, they will put u back together a-o.k. and with will power like yours, Im sure your body will recover lickady slit! :hug:

MadamButterfly
06-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Reso: Poking a hornets nest . . . Ummmmmmm, I guess it is, but the way I figure SARGE is OLD, SLOW and USING THAT WALKER . . . SO I'VE GOT A FIGHTING CHANCE . . .

GOOD NITE EVERYONE

chickadee32
06-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Thank you very much ladies and Resolute; I really appreciate it. :hug: Sarge - pretty much, though the rest of you must be ready to scream having to listen to me here. I apologize; I just needed to be able to vent some of this, especially as it relates to my inability to do anything related to weight loss except keep my calorie intake low and my water intake high. I have been doing well on both of those fronts, so that's something.

Cheshire: Your walk sounds enjoyable! I've always thought geocaching sounded like fun, but have never tried it.

Anon: Weight lifting is great; have fun with it tomorrow!

MadamB: I will take any zucchini suggestions you want to send my way!!

Awaiting: After hearing about your tennis outing today, I think we should all spend more time running after balls. Sounds like a good workout. :D (sorry, the innuendo is just rampant around here!)

envelope: That was a tough one - nice job resisting!

Me1st: Quitting smoking is HARD, and you're doing it, and sticking to good eating regardless!! Awesome, awesome job.

I really hope the rest of this week goes well for everyone, and I look forward to joining you all again with the same enthusiam soon. :)

McMurphy
06-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Awaiting: After hearing about your tennis outing today, I think we should all spend more time running after balls. Sounds like a good workout. :D (sorry, the innuendo is just rampant around here!)

It's impossible not to take advantage of them! ;)

:hug:

Sarati
06-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Chickadee what you're going through deserves a vent. :hug: Please take care of yourself and vent away.

Today I was lazy and although I ate properly, I did no intentional exercise. Tomorrow I will double up and maximize my burn! :flame: :flame:

bnhtla06
06-29-2011, 12:54 AM
Chick- :hug::hug::hug:

The scale is on my naughty list again. Hasn't budged since Sunday. I know I know, it's only Tuesday-but it's really frustrating considering the dinky 1 lb loss from last week. And I've been so good, too!

Over the weekend, my husband and I went to his family reunion, and of course there was not 1 thing on the whole buffet that I could eat. It was all BBQ ribs and dutch oven potatoes, lots of desserts, etc. I was so paranoid that if I didn't eat, everyone would put me on the spot and I'd have to admit being on a diet. My husband (my hero) loaded up a plate with stuff and pretended we were sharing off the same plate. I was able to slip under the radar without going off the diet, and then we stopped at a Subway so I could get a salad as soon as we left.

I have my family reunion at the end of July. My goal was 190 by then. Looks like I'm not going to make it.:halfempty At this rate, I'll be lucky to get to 199. Sigh.

P.S. What's a Bunny Hug?

Resolute
06-29-2011, 01:57 AM
A Bunny hug is otherwise known as a hoodie outside of Saskatchewan, don't ask why we use that term here, i couldn't tell you we just do. :p

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bunny%20hug

I wasn't going to do anymore exercise tonight but i ended up hitting the road for another 10 miles, so 19.2 miles in again today but i ate more than i had hoped for, you win some you lose some, meh !

Weekly total now 54.6 miles, weight has stayed steady at 199 with this evenings weigh in which is actually good because i usually have a rebound of a pound or two after a drop, hoping for good things leading up to friday (Canada day holiday :carrot:)

Kendrab1223
06-29-2011, 05:27 AM
Chickadee- I'm so sorry for everything you're going through :(

Madam- I defeated the French fries and everything else! Boooya! As far as my back- I'm always in pain. I was in an accident a year ago (wow... Just realized it was exactly a year ago yesterday) that left me all screwed up. I fight through the pain more than I should :(
I was scheduled to work until 3a but the person who was supposed to come in at 3 never showed up (assistant manager). I stayed until 3:45 before I said "I'm sorry" to the shift leader I was working with and left. now I'm wide awake and my kids will probably start waking up soon. Bleh.

My legs and feet are so tired :( I also feel like I got a crazy upper body workout in today- I think that's a result of sweeping and mopping the whole place (that dining room is huge!). Thankfully I have today off but I go in Thursday night at 11p and work until 7a Friday. What the heck did I get myself in to?!

Well I'm off to hopefully get at least an hour of sleep in then it'll be time to shred and dance!

diyana
06-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Sarge - My workout today will be 45 minutes of physical therapy. Several months ago, PT was mostly stretches...now it's more like a boot camp. Circuit training with intermittent cardio, all designed to burn the butt-er, strengthen my core, and most importantly get my back stronger/better.

Chickadee - I hope that all the tests, treatments and procedures provide you with relief very soon. Sending you :goodvibes: and healing hugs. :hug:

MadamButterfly - It's good that all that hand pollinating is making things...um...grow bigger! :rofl:

Kendrab - Hope you had so much fun people watching you weren't tempted by the food. I guess being new here, I didn't know you had a back injury. Me too. The pain isn't as intense or as constant, I wish it didn't limit me from doing things like walking, standing or bending. I don't know how you do a walking/standing job, much less sweep and mop, with a bad back. Take care of yourself. I hope you get some sleep today. :hug:

Reso - I agree...30c is pretty darn warm, especially if it's humid. :bravo: on exercising despite the heat!! We're supposed to get into the low to mid 90s this weekend (and humid). Ugh. It'll definitely be indoor exercise for me.

Me1st - :bravo: on staying away from the cigs and sticking to eating healthy!

Envelope - I applaud you on your willpower and dedication. I doubt I would've been able to resist all that temptation.

Kendrab1223
06-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Diyana- most of time time the pain is there but more of a dull pain thatflares up a lot. Its actually worse when I sit for long periods of time than when standing/moving around. That's why I try and get my exercise in in the morning because once I start getting lazy in the afternoon, it hurts too much. Even of my lunch breaks at work I dont sit down because I know that will he the beginning of the end for me...

Sleep consisted of two hours for me. I'm trying to find the energy to do something besides lay on the floor with my daughter climbing all over me. Soooo tired! I'm going to take the best nap ever later lol

JayTee
06-29-2011, 09:19 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GD7i72G-zJQ/TdzxQmgeVGI/AAAAAAAAOxg/9fpYqacBaQM/s320/Hump_Day%2Bv2.jpg

RISE & SHINE TROOPS!!! BRING ON ANOTHER DAY!

What an amusing innuendo band of brethren...

Diyana--nice dive into the gutter with us on MadamB's hand pollinating commentary.
Chick & Awaiting-- Perhaps a "quickie" game of dodge balls today?

Kendra -- Do you smell like a fry? BTW, you and MadamB should compare accident reports. Were you in a car accident?

Bnh-- Quit beating yourself up and look at how far you've come
already. Some weeks the pounds are just gonna come off more slowly but we keep marching on and call upon the occasional whoosh fairy.

Sarati -- "Today I was lazy and ... did no intentional exercise." WHAAAAA?!?!!??! Sarge's eyes are bleeding!

Envelope--Way to pass on that cake!

Me1st--loving your commentary on the perils of completely detoxing yourself. Eating small children, going off on innocent bystanders, and locking yourself in a room with JM...nice!

Gotta go...the gym is SCREAMING my name...actually taunting me with intermittent whispers of MadamB....MadamB....MadamB....

GET OUT THERE AND BURN YOUR BUTT-er. MAYBE POKEY WILL RUN A BRAZILIAN BUTT CONTEST WHEN WE ALL REACH GOAL!

Resolute
06-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Morning troops, supposed to be even hotter today, i like it :D Other than work should be a good day, have a sore throat this morning, if i'm getting sick for the long weekend... :mad: Ugh ! better go away.

diyana : Pokey would laugh at us but yeah it's all relative and you are right about the humidity, it's what kills me, still i kind of like sweating out a few more pounds. :) Hope you enjoy the heat, i know we haven't had a whole lot here.

Anyways i gotta go just checking in quick like before i hit the bike to work.

Make today count. ;)

CourtneyDaisey
06-29-2011, 09:50 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!

chickadee - :hug: I am so sorry you are going through all that mess hon. :hug:

Peanutt - Enjoy your quickie geocache! ;) I nabbed a quickie one last night too on the way home from a geocaching event! It was at a McDonald's no less! And I wasn't even tempted to go get anything! :cheer: Small victory!

We also didn't get home last night from our geocaching event until 10:00PM so I didn't have time to do my 30 Day Shred. I was really ticked about that. Still, I made progress yesterday by walking an extra hour on the treadmill after work. Got in 3 miles in that 60 minutes on an incline of 1.0 as well. No one showed up for the group fitness class so I just hit the treadmill on my own.

Platoon, I need advice on something. I woke up quite late this morning. Got out of bed at 6:30...which is usually the time I am already at my mom's to catch a ride to work! Needless to say I had to drive myself today and was a half hour late getting to work. I didn't have time to pack a lunch today. So I am faced with a dilemma. Here are my options...

1. Go out and get lunch on lunch break. That means I won't have time to walk on the treadmill today.
2. Walk on the treadmill, sustain myself on the popcorn and Special K bars in my desk drawer, and run the risk of being completely starving by the time I leave work today.

Which would you pick in this situation? I honestly am leaning toward option 2.

JayTee
06-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Courtney--This is all about developing an enjoyable routine for yourself. I'd pick eating one special K bar, lots of water and hit the treadmill. I don't know about the others, but I've always found that when I spend a day or two of minimal "discomfort" in lowering calorie consumption, by day 3 I'm really not missing what I was consuming.

I think we've talked about this before, but it takes about 3 weeks for some new way of life to really take hold, become habit, and almost become "enjoyable"...

MadamButterfly
06-29-2011, 10:10 AM
HAPPY HUMP YOUR BUTT-ER DAY!!!

SARGE: Round 1: complete . . . off to ride the bike, hmmmmmmmmm how many miles can I ride, it's not toooo hot yet and no torrential rains . . . we will see . . . yea, you better get to the gym OLD WOMAN . . . the name MadamB ought to be taunting you because i'm getting ready to run over you, walker or no walker :lol3:

Kendrab: WTG on resisting the fries :D I worked overnights in an ER (either 11P-7A or 7P-7A) for 3 1/2 years . . . some people can do it, but it's NOT for me . . . tough shift!!

courtney, can you walk somewhere to get something healthy for lunch??? and then eat it while you walk back???

diyana: Welcome to the gutter, it's fun and GOOOEY down here . . . LOLOLOL

bnh: hang in there with the scale and if worse comes to worse maybe Rainbow will loan you the sledge hammer :lol3:

Reso: Way to stay under that 200 mark, me thinks GOOD things are headed your way!!!

chickadee: you just vent away any time you want, hope that doc is fixing things toot sweet!!!

peanutt
06-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Courtney, I'd pick the going out for a healthy, well-rounded lunch option. For me, getting to a point where I'm "starving" even just on one day is a dangerous place that opens me up to the possibility of making the worst possible food choices or going down the road of a binge. You can always fit in a bit more activity somewhere else in the day. When my time is limited, I will almost always choose food/planning food/grocery shopping over exercise time (if that choice has to be made).

josey
06-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Well, I did it. made it threw another day. sure I flipped out on inocent bystanders, thought of eating small children cuz they were annoying me and cussed out a few smokers (well how DARE they smoke in my vasinity while im tryin to quit! really lol) :mad:

LOL!!!!

@all are you kidding me? I am gone for one evening and you fill 3 pages of a new thread? Geezz!! How am I supposed to keep up with this? I glad typing is burning calories too (thanks for the info peanutt!)

@kuri btw I love your profile pic!!

@Reso 30C? Nice!! No more flooding over there? We finally got some summerish weather here too. But mosquitos are such a pest! How many calories is one mosquito by the way? How do you bike/run in this? I love my treadmill right now. Walker trash talk? LOL!!

@chickadee So sorry to hear! Get well soon!!!

@AnonymouslyYours you can do it!! I am sooooooo sore today. However, almost prancing (awkwardly) around with my sore muscles. It is a reminder that I rocked a great workout yesterday :-)

@MadameB I really gotta find you a zucchini emoticon!!

@Kendra no crazy stories yet? How did the laps around Walmart go?

Ok, back to work now. I am only here for 1/2 day today. Yay! Got the afternoon off and I will see if my sore muscles can be tortured a bit more. Pilates? Weights? We will see but definitely no running today. Otherwise I might need a walker too!

envelope
06-29-2011, 10:39 AM
RESO- I wish I could enjoy a small taste of each and be satisfied. I knew that 1 taste would have led into a piece of each, and it was not worth it.

Me1st- You can do it!!!

CHICKADEE - Please feel free to talk, chat, vent, whatever here. We are a platoon and we've got your back!

SARATI - Burn those cals, burn baby burn!

BNHTLA- I have had many disagreement with my scale, but while you may not have reached the goal you set for yourself, isn't 199 better than your high of 255?!? Plus you still have a month of BUTTer burning to do! :)

Kendra - you will adjust to the crazy schedule! Atleast you can get a work out in while working...that is a bonus.

CourtneyD- I pick Option 1 but I would SKIP the popcorn, too much sodium! As soon as I got home I would make some egg whites to get some protein in me.

My scale and I just got finished with a 9 day battle with a lot of bouncing up and down but no loss. I perserved, stayed on plan, and kept up the exercise...Monday the scale showed it was weekening and went down .2 and today I am down a total of 3lbs!!!

celrae
06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
CourtneyDaisey- would you be able to walk to lunch, if so I would do that. Being hungry does not work for me. Also, air squats, push-up, jumping jacks, a round of stairs, all can be done in between work times. Keep the heart rate going and get 5 min every few hours and it will add up.

Kendrab1223
06-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Sarge- yeah... I was in a car accident a year ago while 8 months pregnant. I was completely stopped and just happened to look in my rear view mirror seconds before being smashed into. Naturally realizing I was about to be slammed into I tensed up and my left shoulder, neck, and mostly back have suffered since. Aside from being hooked up to monitors to make sure my baby was okay, I had to go without being examined until I had her a few weeks later (I was induced because the pain was just too much for me- and I have a high pain tolerance!). I now have bulging disks, tears, and the last X-rays showed degenerative disks. Lots of fun! Luckily my shoulder doesn't hurt much anymore- I just can't sleep on my stomach anymore or I'll wake up and not be able to move my arm!

And no smelling like a fry for me... I showered the second I walked in the door lol.

Courtney- good job resisting mcdonalds. Seriously after seeing that crap I have NO desire to eat it. The grease that is still on those "burger" patties... Ick!

No walmart laps for me last night. I just stood outside and called hubby after buying some caffeine pills (lol). I needed fresh air!

Dont ask me how but I did my 30 day shred and then 35 min of dance central this morning. I kind of feel like I didn't give it my normal "all" but I gave it as much as I could on 3 hours of sleep in the last 27 hours!

Maybe after I take a nap later I'll try and get something else in? Probably not but... :)

Cheshirecat
06-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Good Morning Platoon!!

4 mile run and 1 mile walk done.
I just looked about my calendar and I was suppose to do 5 mile run. I thought I might be when I headed out but was too late to check by then. Oh well. Maybe I'll do 7 miles Saturday instead of the 6 I planned and make sure I up my Wednesdays to 5. Blah, I should check these things and not just guess.

Courtney-I would go with eating lunch. If you can walk somewhere to pick up lunch even better, a walk and food.
I need to eat though and I get very irritable if I don't. And then that usually leads me to just eating everything. But you know yourself. Can you handle not eating a proper meal without consequences?

Have a great day all.

Kendrab1223
06-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Courtney- as far as eating or exercising I think that alllll depends on how you usually handle hunger. If you think you'd go home after work and eat everything, I'd probably go somewhere for lunch to avoid that. If you can usually contain yourself- hit that treadmill!

Me personally I'd probably go for the special k bar and treadmill but that's because I hate spending money on food other than grocery shopping lol

Orrrr! Could you order something healthy to be delivered?! That way you could still eat a healthy lunch AND hit up the treadmill? :)

AnonymouslyYours
06-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Good Morning, Platoon!

I stayed up late last night playing Call of Duty because a new map pack came out yesterday, so getting up this morning was brutal. I seriously did not want to get up and go workout, but I pictured Sarge yelling at a baby and that just got me right out of bed! :)

I was sick to my stomach this morning, but I did c25k anyway. I think I am getting sick, though, because I kept having cold sweats and chills during my workout, and I live in GA. It's *ACTUALLY* hot here, that's right Resolute and Diyana, I'm talking to you! And I know alllll about humidity. The South is known for it! :P

Josey -- I did throw up when I woke up this morning, so I reaaaalllly did not want to go running, but I thought about you (and the rest of the platoon) and how I would have to say I didn't do it if I didn't do it. So I did it! Once I got into the 4th minute of the first 10 minute run, I started feeling a bit better and my stomach settled a lot, so I completed it. I actually thought it was easier than w6d1. I almost didn't want to walk during the walk segment, but I remembered it was my last walk segment ever, so I walked. :) Thank you for being so inspiring, I am REALLY glad I did it.

Chickadee -- I didn't get to do weights today because I was really feeling strange after my run. Kind of dizzy and still having chills. If I am feeling better in the morning, I am going to go do them then, as usually Thursday is a rest day for me. NOTHING like what you're going through, though, so no complaints here! Still sending all my good thoughts your way!

Courtney -- I think either way, as long as you stick to what you choose and don't let it derail the rest of your day, you'll be fine. I think it's great that you're actually taking the time to think about your choices ahead of time and seek advice to ensure you're making the right/good decisions about what you eat. That's progress for me, at least!

I hope all of y'all have a wonderful day!

Oh, and Sarge, I trekked 2.47 miles today. :)

CourtneyDaisey
06-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Okay...I have read and thought about it and made my decision. There are items at my desk that I can eat. I don't have to go out and risk blowing lunch on some sort of fast food. There's nothing within walking distance of my office. Besides, I work in a crappy part of town and don't feel safe walking 5 miles to and from the nearest fast food joint through unsavory territory. I went to the break room and nabbed a couple of oranges and am currently eating an apple. I'll finish off my water and hit that treadmill at 11:30 sharp! This afternoon I can eat the oranges and the Special K bar. If my tummy gets too rumbly I'll do the popcorn but we'll see. (It's 94% fat free Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop kettle corn...only 100 calories, 180 mg of sodium, and 2 g of fat.)

And tonight....30 Day Shred dammit! I'm still ticked that I didn't get home in time to do it last night. :mad:

josey
06-29-2011, 12:10 PM
...but I pictured Sarge yelling at a baby and that just got me right out of bed! :)
LOL I have to remember that one!

Josey -- I did throw up when I woke up this morning, so I reaaaalllly did not want to go running, but I thought about you (and the rest of the platoon) and how I would have to say I didn't do it if I didn't do it. So I did it! Once I got into the 4th minute of the first 10 minute run, I started feeling a bit better and my stomach settled a lot, so I completed it. I actually thought it was easier than w6d1. I almost didn't want to walk during the walk segment, but I remembered it was my last walk segment ever, so I walked. :) Thank you for being so inspiring, I am REALLY glad I did it.

It totally works challenging each other, doesn't it? I didn't want to run with sore legs either and then I thought about you running today without me doing it. I could let that happen! Thanks for tracking and sticking to it with me!! It didn't feel easier than W6D1 to me but I thought W6D1 & W6D2 was way harder than the 20 minutes in W5. Odd eh? Well, I guess we will see how W6D3 goes. I am already excited about it but also very worried. 25 f*** minutes???

MadamButterfly
06-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Oh, I beat SARGE back . . . tee hee hee Oh, of course I did, even a 5-year-old can walk faster than an OLE SARGE WITH A WALKER . . . . LOLOLOLOLOL OK SARGE Round 2 done: 20 miles on the bike and it's only 10:15 here ;:

bnh: You want to lose 10 pounds before the end of July, well Kendrab & I are in a bit of a dual (she needs to lose 9, me 11), you could jump in with the 10 you need to lose and we'd have a three way competition . . . If you're burnin' butter like me & kendrab though you will be at 190 BEFORE that reunion . . . I don't think kendrab would mind, and if she does I'll open a can of WUP A** on her . . . (where's that pic . . . hmmmmmm)

Kendrab: Ummmmm I invited/challenged bnh to join us in our little race, hope you don't mind :)

OK, off to see if the ZUCCHINI grew any last night . . . LOLOLOL just thinking zucchini puts me in that eeeeeeeeeewy goooooooooey gutter . . .

SARGE: CATCH ME IF YOU CAN . . .

IT'S A HUMP YOUR BUTT-ER KIND OF DAY . . .
MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

pokeycactus
06-29-2011, 12:42 PM
diyana : Pokey would laugh at us but yeah it's all relative and you are right about the humidity, it's what kills me, still i kind of like sweating out a few more pounds. :) Hope you enjoy the heat, i know we haven't had a whole lot here.

I AM laughing at you!!!! It is exactly 8:36 a.m. and we've just coasted into 100 degrees. We're supposed to hit a high of 112 today - our overnight low last night was a chilly (:lol:) 86 degrees. I do love being warm though...can't stand the cold!!!

Celrae and Courtney - I'm already at 330 minutes and it's only Wednesday morning....:devil:

MadamB - You are making me laugh so hard from all of the Sarge-is-old jokes!!! How are your zucchinis? Keep watching them, or you'll end up with 13 inchers like I did!!!

I have to run, I have a stupid meeting today, but then I'll be home and will be working out more and mopping the floors...which always makes me a sweaty mess!!!

diyana
06-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Pokey - 13 inchers? that's impressive! ;) 100 degrees at 8:30 am? :yikes: Maybe it's because I have all this blubber butt-er, but I just don't like the heat at all. For me, the perfect temp is the upper 70s and not too humid. I was going to try to join your exercise smackdown challenge with Celrae and Courtney...but if you've already put in 6.5 hours this week...that's more than my rehab-ing back will allow (for now). Keep up the great work!

CourtneyDaisey
06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Pokey and Celrae - I am at 370 minutes this week so far! Told ya I'd give you a run for your money this week! :D Muhahahahahaha!!!!!! And I've got my 30 Day Shred tonight too!!!!!

I just got back from my 30 minutes of office treadmill time. Incline of 1.0, 30 minutes, speed of 3.0 all comes to another 1.5 miles on my trek this week! I definitely will be making my mini goal of 14 miles trekked this week while keeping all this up! :cheer:

I am beginning to see this treadmill as a healing tool for me, not just a way to drop weight. Hmmm....I feel a blog post coming about that. This one's introspective so I'll post it to my 100poundsinoneyear blog. Let me peel my oranges and get to blogging.

CourtneyDaisey
06-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Back from blogging. I honestly do feel better! :hug: to all of my platoon teammates! I heart y'all!

Okay, no more mushy stuff! Don't want to make Sarge's eyes bleed! :lol3:

JayTee
06-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Yes, apparently these side challenges do work!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!

SARGE WINS!!!! AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, SARGE BEATS MADAMB to new decade...view it and weep NurseRatchet!

"Walker," my small a**!

And have a nice day...

diyana
06-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Congrats, Sarge! :congrat:

Way to represent us 40-somethings and 50-somethings!

CourtneyDaisey
06-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Holy sh*t!!!!! GO SARGE!!!!

Oh, I have a quick question for my fellow trek across America participants...does the trekking have to be walking/running or can swimming count? I am going to head for the pool this afternoon if I possibly can and am wondering if that will count towards the trek.

envelope
06-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Anonymously and Josey - You will do great with w6d3!

A new decade for SARGE!!!

CourtneyD- Count the laps up and then figure out how to convert them to miles and I am betting you can count them.

JayTee
06-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks guys!!!! If it hadn't been for this 3FC website, there'd be no Sarge and I would have accepted my position in fat, old lady-dom so hearts right back at you all!!!

Courtney-- Trekking miles can come from any form of "intentional exercise" so add those swimming miles!

Soon we trekkers can actually say, "We're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy!"

Sweat on platoon! Sweat on!

dcapulet
06-29-2011, 02:16 PM
wow sarge!!! wtg!

peanutt
06-29-2011, 02:26 PM
WTG Sarge!

Rated
06-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Congrats Sarge! I agreethe side challenges are awesome motivation.

I am actually finding I am having a hard time getting motivated to exercise so if anyone wants to have an exercise challenge with me (Kris we could add it to our existing challenge if you want to) that would help a lot. I have my eating habits sorted out but I haven't got into exercising yet. I did my mid week scale peek and I am down 1.4 lbs so this week it looks like I will make my pledge!

kurisitaru
06-29-2011, 03:20 PM
YAY SARGE!!! That's AWESOME!
Congratulations!

Also, the trecking... can I join this? I bike a lot... walk a TON, and I was thinking of the running as soon as school started (Free Gym Membership for Students!!!). Could I join on that? I have a pedometer that tells me how far I've gone, it might motivate me to add miles on to my walk!

ALSO!!! I LOST MY POUND ALL READY! And I'm only half way threw thew week! I feel so excited to have all ready lost it, I'm changing my week goal to TWO pounds by Sunday! I'm doing some Jillian Fat burner exercise today... should be intense!

Me1stAllways
06-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Morning Platoon! HUT HUT HUT...*slaute*

Wow every one is kicking *ss and chewing celery this week! CONGRATS on all this weight loss....YAY US!

Sooooo much happening lol...
Sarge ...rocked it and posted a pick to prove it :D

Courtney ... If it helps in the future, If (practicly never) I find myself at BK /Wendys/McD and cant resist urge to buy somthing...let it sit in front of myself on a napkin for 20min. after that beleive me its no long appealing. smells funny, tasts gross and I loook at all the grease on the napkin...blah :p

Thanks to all for the motovation for me to reach for the site before reaching for a piece a chocolate or a ciggy! Im on day 2 or 3 of no smoking (?)...its all a haze at this point. lol

gotta run, check back later tonight to finish reading the posts properly ...all kazillain of them :dizzy:

and look at the following good news...
1 bunny for every5 lbs lost :bunny2: :bunny2: <- see this, Even tho TOM stole my 2nd bunny, I boot kicked him to the head and took it back! boo-ya

This weeks Mini Goal is 1lb pledged/ 220 by Sunday
Start weight this week 221
Monday 225 miles 6.74
Tuesday 223 miles 0
Wednesday 221 miles
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

JayTee
06-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Me1st -- Way to fight and regain that bunny!!!! Losing a bunny made you "hopping" mad!

Courtney-- So proud you got that treadmill time in...also read your blog. Working out does get easier as it becomes routine!

Hear that Rated!!!! Start doing something...any form of exercise. If you don't beat yourself up right away you might even find it pleasant. Heck, Reso walked his weight off! I wouldn't say "simply" walked, but he walked!

YAY to all those happy with their mid-week scale peeks! Sorry Kuri...no changies...be happy with extra pounds lost! Anything above and beyond the call of duty is gonna go towards that almost 73 lbs. the platoon promised to lose.

Peanutt--read your blog too...you always make so much sense! Is there a proper party for leaving Obese-land?

BTW...where is KNEED!?!?! She warrior dashed then disappeared. I fear she's fallen off the wagon so I'm posting link for an article, "Overcoming a Set Back" :
http://www.jillianmichaels.com/fitness-and-diet-tips/suffer-a-setback?xid=nl_LosingItWithJillianMichaels_2011062 4

Also, RAINBOW...aren't you ready to come play with us again?

Rated
06-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Your right Sarge I am getting my butt on the treadmill right now!

MadamButterfly
06-29-2011, 04:21 PM
SARGE

I BOW TO THE

GODDESS OF GOO!!!!

OH, WAIT . . . WHAT'S THIS????? Hmmmmm, it looks like a thumbnail . . . I WONDER WHAT IT IS????

SARGE, I may not have won, albeit only by a few hours . . . hmmmmmm, maybe one too many "walker jokes" :rofl: I knew I'd get your OLD BUTT-er IN GEAR

AND

:balloons: YOU'RE AT GOAL!!!!!!!! :balloons:

JayTee
06-29-2011, 04:26 PM
GODDESS OF GOO...NICELY DONE! Pleasure doing battle with you!

MadamButterfly
06-29-2011, 04:31 PM
OK, I'm back from the garden and the zucchini are definitely growing . . . OK serious question . . . (hesitant about asking, but I MUST) How big should the zucchini be before you pick it??? (I know, I just opened ANOTHER can of worms) Oh, maybe just funny in my own head!!! :rofl:

SARGE: You did one He** of a job, bustin' my BUTT-er . . . I'm still going to do 3-a-days for the rest of the week . . . my BMI said 25.3 . . . so I'm almost NORMAL . . . . LOLOLOLOL

Oh my, that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY IN MY OWN HEAD . . .

Kuri: all are welcome on our virtual trip . . . On Sunday when you post your weight and pledge, just add how many "intentional exercise miles" you've trekked that week (Sample: Loss: 2.3/Pledge 2/Trekked: 45.7) and make this the only thing you post, then do a separate post for personals and what not . . .

It's makes SARGE's life just a little easier

OK, I'm off to the grocery store and trek just a few more miles . . .

AGAIN SARGE, I BOW TO THE GODDESS OF GOO!!!

celrae
06-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Celrae and Courtney - I'm already at 330 minutes and it's only Wednesday morning....:devil:

Ok I am at 405 min., missing a win by only 4 min. got me going, so bring it GIRLS!

A nice CrossFit workout- a good to watch even if the guy is a little creapy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvi3wh8H2FA&feature=related

MadamButterfly
06-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Oh Sarge,

You crack me up . . . I missed this:

"Walker," my small a**!

the first time around . . . MADE MY DAY ;)

kurisitaru
06-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Thank you Madame Butterfly!
I'm currently jobless, so I'll make sure to throw in a TON of miles.

CourtneyDaisey
06-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Celrae - ACK! Oh not you don't! I'm hitting the pool this evening and getting in more exercise to catch you!!!!! :D

celrae
06-29-2011, 05:47 PM
MadamB & Sarge- Way to GOO! WOW very impressed. With so many side challenges I miss yours.:) I have been running all day. I spent every free min. busting my Butt-er or catching up with this fun and motivating group. Bye keep it going troops.

JayTee
06-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Celrae-- "Way to "GOO"... love it...never thought of that one!

Dear lord...can you imagine if we start averaging 100 posts a day...what do you suppose the post police will do with us then...Buwhahahaha!!!

Hmmmmm, Sarge just decided to focus on Rated because she needs a challenger to step forward...so he lurked into her exercise journal...guess what he found... "I have no excuse for <NO EXERCISE> Mon and Tues I was just being lazy. I was dissapointed with last weeks weight loss and pouting." Way to fess up! That treadmill is gonna have Rated's name all over it this week!

MadamButterfly
06-29-2011, 06:18 PM
SARGE:

Oh, Oh, Oh, MadamGooeyRachet <------- waving her hand frantically

Rated; Come join Kendrab, bnh and myself . . .

I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU . . . YOU AND Kendrab have 9 lbs to goal, bnh has 10 and I have 11 . . . come on woman . . . first one there wins . . . YOU IN???? Get you Canadian BUTT-er up and lets move it!!!

We'll have a four-legged race . . . LOLOLOLOL

OOPS, I READ IT WRONG, YOU'VE LOST 9 . . . THAT'S OK, SO YOU RACE UNTIL YOU'VE DOUBLED THAT . . . SO 9 LBS FOR YOU . . . COME ON WOMAN . . .

peanutt
06-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Hmmmmm, Sarge just decided to focus on Rated because she needs a challenger to step forward...so he lurked into her exercise journal...guess what he found... "I have no excuse for <NO EXERCISE> Mon and Tues I was just being lazy. I was dissapointed with last weeks weight loss and pouting." Way to fess up! That treadmill is gonna have Rated's name all over it this week!

Love it!!

'Grats on the new decade Gooey!

I've been thinking about a good reward/marker for that upcoming day when I'm not obese any more. I can't think of anything great. Suggestions??

chickadee32
06-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Afternoon, all. :) I am in much better spirits right now, as I finally feel like this might be the beginning of the end. For anyone who cares about the details (the details give me something to focus on)... bloodwork today showed only a small drop in my hcg levels from Sunday/Monday (those levels were apparently higher than when I had the D&C, which meant something was still growing), and ultrasound finally identified a mass between my left ovary and uterus that might be the pregnancy tissue. It doesn't look to be in the fallopian tube, which hopefully means no/low chance for rupture, and hopefully no increased chance for ectopic pregnancy in the future. Just a weird case all around, as pregnancies outside of the uterus are rare, and ectopics outside the fallopian tubes are very rare. Anyway, they gave me the methotrexate treatment, and by next week's bloodwork my hcg levels should be approaching non-pregnancy levels and things should be getting significantly better. I finally feel like this is headed toward a resolution, and I just need to be patient through the next week. I had to laugh a little when they told me to expect bleeding (sorry Reso) and cramping and fatigue the next several days - um, that's no different than the last 2.5 weeks! And seriously, the pain can't possibly be as bad as what I went through on Sunday. I am just really glad that this is all finally going to come to an end, and I might be feeling normal again soon.

Anyway, pain is controlled right now and I'm feeling ok this afternoon, and I'm trying to eat to help my body to heal. I have no appetite, so it's a little tough. Calories have been much too low the past several days, but I will work over the next few days to get them closer to or over 1200. I am loving the strawberry watermelon Mi0 though, and so have been drinking tons of cold, refreshing water. :)

It has been a rough couple weeks, and I have been very, very frustrated with all that I haven't been able to do and the fact that everything has been so out of my control. My husband has been a saint through all of this, and so has my doctor, my boss, etc. Everyone has shown me such kindness and compassion, and I recognize that I have been lucky in so many ways and I feel very blessed. I want to thank all of you here very, very much for the support you have provided, and for your patience - even those of you who didn't know me at all before the past week, and especially those of you who hate the mushy stuff. I am so looking forward to getting back into my normal weight loss routine, and I truly can't wait to be back into all the fun challenges here and reporting on nothing more than BUTT-er melting. Thank you again, really. :hug:

And with that, I am done talking about all of this, and am focusing on what's ahead. Onward and upward! (or downward, if we're talking about weight :D)

Sarge and MadamB: Congratulations on getting below 150!!!! And Sarge, is that goal-goal??? HOLY COW, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: You are a rock star!!!

bnhtla: When that scale doesn't move but you've been totally on track, it just means that you're in for a whoosh soon! And whoosh days are super happy scale days - I love those, they feel so freaking satisfying. :D It will happen soon! And really nice job with the picnic; those situations can be difficult to manage, and you did really well!

Resolute: Your weekly trekking totals continue to amaze me. As soon as I can get back to it, I am going to take some inspiration from you to get my miles up. :)

Kendra: You're doing so much, I don't know how you manage it all! It's really tiring to be on your feet at a job all day/night like that, but the one good thing is that it does definitely help with weight loss and maintenance. All that constant activity burns a lot of calories. I hope that the schedule will feel more routine for you soon, and you'll sleep more easily during your off-time. And what a frightening accident that must have been for you!! I am so glad the baby was ok, and very sorry that you've had to deal with so much pain since that time. :hug: Is there anything your doctors are doing that could help it improve with time?

diyana: Whatever you are recovering from, I hope the PT is going well and doing the job! I'm glad it has turned into a nice workout, and in some ways it seems beneficial to have someone directing that exercise - you know you're doing safe things, and you know your body really is getting stronger!

Sarge: From what I understand, I will be dodging balls for the next few months! :o lol. Expect the innuendo to get worse around here... :devil:

Courtney: I'm glad you were able to manage the lunch challenge today in a way that worked for you. :) I'm a treadmill walker too, and the thing I've loved about it is that it's really cool to see the progress in your cardio ability and endurance over time - the incline goes up, the speed goes up, and you can keep on sweating and pushing further as time goes on. I find it very empowering and relaxing and uplifting; it has become one of my absolute favorite things to do, and is the perfect remedy for a crummy day. I am really glad you're enjoying it so much. :)

josey: It sounds like you did great, and good luck with W6D3!! You can do it!

envelope: Yay on the loss this week!! It's always so nice to see your hard work and committment pay off. :)

Cheshire: You have it all so well planned. :) What length run are you training for, again? Was it a half marathon?

Anon: Yeah, feeling dizzy is no time to do weights! I hope you're not getting sick, and this will pass quickly!

Pokey: I am laughing about your zucchini banter with MadamB, and I am totally not going to type what I'm thinking right now! This IS a family environment after all, and my mind lives in the gutter, lol.

Rated: Nice drop you've seen so far this week!! On the exercise front... I have no idea if this will be a help to you or not, but I love this calculator: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/advice/calculate-calories-bmr. I keep the formula in a spreadsheet and update my numbers as my weight and activity levels change to see how much weight I can expect to lose on average over time, and I've found it to be very accurate. I have no idea what your calorie intake is, but let's say that at your height and current weight you eat 1600 cals/day, and you're 25 years old. If your activity level is "sedentary", you can expect to lose about 0.5 lbs per week on average with that calorie intake. If you increase your activity level to "lightly active" you can expect to lose ~1 lb per week, and if you are "moderately active" you can expect to lose ~1.5 lbs per week. Those additional calories burned each week due to exercise can really add up, especially as you get closer to your goal and find the rate of weight loss slowing. Seeing those numbers for my stats definitely motivates me to realize that any exercise helps, and so I thought they might be some help for you. :) I'll be happy to participate in an exercise challenge though once I'm able to exercise again (maybe another week or so), if that would help too.

kuri: Yay for the pound lost, and shooting for more!! Even if it's unofficial, it's still great to have it as your personal goal. :)

Me1st: You're kicking BUTT-er and taking names; you're going to do great with this!

celrae: 405 minutes already this week, wow!! Nice job!

peanutt: I am going to think on that some. It needs to be a good one!!

Hope everyone had a great day - it seems like it!

McMurphy
06-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Good to hear you're feeling better Chick :hug: :hug: :hug:

CONGRATS SARGE! :carrot: Woo!

Yay me...didn't die playing tennis today, actually enjoyed it a little bit...hmm, I'm thinking small NSV?

:)

rmc9142
06-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Awesome job Sarge & MadamB!!! I was reading the thread on my phone while waiting for a meeting to start when someone leaned over and asked what I was smiling about. I got a really strange look when I replied, "Just something I read about two old ladies in a race." :D

We are certainly a chatty bunch! I've been AWOL for the last day or so, but I've been good about eating and melting butt-er. It's a really busy time work-wise, but I think it's a great test - am I able to stay on plan when I can't devote so much mental energy and focus on it? So far, so good.

Hey Rated, I will accept your exercise challenge!

Eating = easy. Exercise = not so easy.

So, I can use some extra motivation. What are we going to track? Miles or minutes? Totally your call . . . but, I'm going to whip your ever-shrinking butt, so prepare yourself!

Glad to hear everyone's doing so well! Keep up the good fight.

Rated
06-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Sarge- lurking my exercise journal ?! I guess I can't hide from you. I got off my lazy a** and complete 30 Day Shred level 2 and week 2 of the C25k and I think I am going to go back on the treadmill again (that should teach myself not to skip out on workouts)

Chickadee - thanks for the website I will have to play around with that later

rmc9142 - Perfect! a side challenge will motivate the both of us. I have a way easier time eating on plan than exercising. I start school next week which will be nice since then I can get into a routine but it also means less free time.Lets go for mins since I like doing the 30 Day Shred video which doesn't really translate into miles. Should we start counting today?

Kendrab1223
06-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Congrats sarge and madam!!!! How exciting!!

So who's in competition with madam and myself?! How many butt-ers am I going to have the pleasure of whooping?!? ;)

The scale hates me right now. I definitely think it's from the lack of sleep. I saw 134.8 the other day and today I'm at 135.2. I'm gla I only pledged one pound this week! On the positive side, I'm down another inch around both my booty and my stomach (around the belly button)! Woohoo!

I got a little sleep today. Started to fall asleep earlier and BOOM! crazy thunder. I got up to drink some water and on my way from the living room to the kitchen I tripped over the baby gate, cut up my ankle and landed on my stomach full force. Can we say ouch?!?! Between two naps I got about 3 hors of sleep... I'll sleep well tonight!

What a day... Lol

rmc9142
06-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Rated, counting minutes starting today sounds good! Excuse me while I head to the basement for another round on the treadmill. :)

BudgetBaby
06-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Goodness. I leave and come back and so much stuff has happened. I can't keep up and I can't keep everyone's names straight. I'll catch on though.

You guys are very inspiring. You make me actually want to do some exercise, just to have something to share about.

It's raining buckets, but I'm going to go look through my shelf of unused fitness books and tapes and find something I think I can do without taking a trip to the ER right after.

MadamButterfly
06-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Peanut:

WOW, you flew through the 180's . . . my personal choice would be a day of pampering, massage, pedicure/manicure . . .

pokeycactus
06-29-2011, 10:04 PM
MadamB - I just picked two zucchinis for our dinner!!!! :lol: I don't know if anyone answered you, but I usually pick mine when they look "sizeable" :devil: Seriously though, you'll know. They're probably itty-bitty right now if they just came out of the flower stage, but they'll grow into full blown zucchinis pretty quickly. Make sure you check under all of the big leaves - they like to hide!

Kendra - We've probably got injuries to match after your baby gate escapade and me running into a car...some days, I tell you. :)

Celrae and Courtney - you girls are CRAZY this week. I'm only at 420 minutes! I leave for Washington for vacation on Friday - you girls are definitely going to motivate me into working out the ENTIRE time I'm on vacation!!!

Kendrab1223
06-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Pokey! You ran into a car?! I must have missed that! Are you okay?!

I actually *almost* trip over this gate daily. Hubby always just shakes his head at me and laughs. I'm pretty clumsy so we knew it was only a matter of time before I took a dive! That's what I get for procrastinating with baby proofing the kitchen and instead just keeping Molly out of there lol.

I'm having a major urge to binge right now. I've been fighting it for hours. I haven't binged in weeks (amazing) and somehow beat the urge the other night. It sucks knowing this is going to be a battle I'll face for the rest of my life. Stress is usually my biggest binge trigger and I'm loaded up on it right now. This sucks. I tried talking to hubby and his reply "then eat what you want. A night of junk isn't going to ruin everything". Sigh.

JayTee
06-29-2011, 10:16 PM
KENDRA!!!! DON'T DO IT!!! Start a journal or something...keep your mind occupied and your body out of the kitchen. Hopefully the urge will pass.

bnhtla06
06-29-2011, 10:21 PM
bnh: You want to lose 10 pounds before the end of July, well Kendrab & I are in a bit of a dual (she needs to lose 9, me 11), you could jump in with the 10 you need to lose and we'd have a three way competition . . . If you're burnin' butter like me & kendrab though you will be at 190 BEFORE that reunion . . . I don't think kendrab would mind, and if she does I'll open a can of WUP A** on her . . . (where's that pic . . . hmmmmmm)

Kendrab: Ummmmm I invited/challenged bnh to join us in our little race, hope you don't mind :)

Well that's hard to pass up, Madam. I'm in if it's ok with Kendra. If not, I'll wait and join after you're done with the WUP A** can;) I've been stuck on 202 so that makes it 12 for me.

Kendrab1223
06-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Sarge I've been avoiding the kitchen. Tried getting some homework done and just can't focus (not because of food, more because I'm just pooped). Now I'm watching iron man 2 with hubby and son but... I just want to mope with food because ya know, it'll make everything all better (sarcasm). It sucks knowing I'd feel like crap after stuffing myself yet it's been hours and the urge still hasn't gone away. Grr. I'll beat it, it just sucks having to!

Bnh- of course you're welcome to join us!

McMurphy
06-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Kendra....I agree with Sarge, journaling is a great release. Even if you write down what you're feeling and then rip up or burn the page, it's a great way to reduce stress. I often write down these feelings as something to go back and read weeks or months later and compare what I was feeling then with what I am currently. :hug:

McMurphy
06-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Might go back to the courts tonight to play in the dark...starting to like it!

Ahh! What are these emotions and what have they done to the old ones that preferred to stay in bed :carrot:

MadamButterfly
06-29-2011, 10:42 PM
KENDRAB

DON'T YOU DARE WOMAN

OR ELSE I'M GONNA DRIP

GOOOOOOOO

ALL OVER YOU!!!

Eat some watermelon, a banana with a little peanut butter . . . When I'm tired I want to eat . . . SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GO TO SLEEP!!!!

BNH: Alright, I'll even go 12 so I can be well within my "maintaining" range . . . I think kendrab needs us both . . .

OH, MAYBE SARGE OPENED A CAN OF WUP A** ON THE LAST CHALLENGE BUT YOU TWO GIRLS BETTER HANG ON BECAUSE I'M GONNA ROCK THIS BOAT . . . GOAL . . . . HERE I COME!!!!

MadamButterfly
06-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Pokey, ooops forgot about the ZUCCHINI . . . I think they're still pretty small, about the size of gerkin pickles, but longer (oh my :o) OK, so what's sizeable . . . a little bigger and fatter than a cucumber ???? 8" 10" I asked my roommate and he said: Oh diana, you'll know . . . UGH . . . men are SOOOOOOO HELPFUL . . . NOT

OK, EARLY MORNING APPT WITH JM AND THEN TO WORK . . . it's suppose to be 90's here tomorrow . . . can you say turn on the AC . . .

CourtneyDaisey
06-29-2011, 11:18 PM
GOOD EVENING PLATOON!

What a day! what started out as a tough, crappy turned into pure awesomeness! I survived the lack of a "real" lunch today and didn't go into a food binge afterward! I went to Subway and got myself a footlong roasted chicken sub. I had enough calories left for the day that I could have cheese, so I added that. I ate the whole thing and it was yum!

Tonight I REALLY got my groove on! I hit the pool at the gym and swam laps for two hours straight. I swam 42 laps in a pool that was 25 meters long. So, each lap was 50 meters. That ended up being 2100 meters in 2 hours. That works out to be 1.3 miles of swimming! Yeah, I know I get more miles in on the treadmill but I truly love swimming and haven't been in ages!

And...I had an NSV at the pool! I realized that I need a smaller suit! It's a 2 piece shot that looks like shorts and a tank top. Well honestly the tank top kept floating upward because it wasn't clinging to my skin anymore and the shorts kept slipping down! I have no doubt I know why the old man with goggles stayed in the lane beside me, honestly! :o So this weekend I have to go buy a smaller suit. Last time i wore this suit in a full pool was on my honeymoon last year and I weighed in the 270's then! I'm getting a one piece this time though! I don't want the dirty old man in the pool eyeing the goods underwater! :dizzy:

Then, I got home and hit up the 30 Day Shred too! :strong: So I got in a crapload of exercise today!!!!! I am up to 8 and a half hours for the week so far...and we're only halfway done with the week! I am expecting this scale to show me positive results this week after all that I've been doing!

Pokey and Celrae - Okay...8.5 hours...that equals out to 510 minutes so far! Come and get me! :running:

Jeanettey - Where are you chica? Miss you!!!!

kurisitaru
06-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Kendra, MINT GUM! Sugar free. Helps me every time.

Also... it has officially been 20 DAYS!
Ticker Ticker Ticker Ticker Ticker!!!

Jeanettey
06-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Howdy platoon,

Back from camping. Had a great weekend. Lot's of fun. :dancer:

I have not read all the posts I missed yet but It will take awhile.

In the mean time,

Congrats Reso :sunny:

:welcome: to all the newbies

Way to go on all the weight loss last week platoon. :goodscale

Have a great Thursday, see you all tomorrow.

Kendrab1223
06-29-2011, 11:46 PM
And... I did it. For the second time IN A WEEK, I beat a binge. In order to beat it, I did have to waste food. I dumped out half of a bag of chex mix (probably my biggest trigger food) into the trash. My plan was to trash whatever came into my mind next but after hours of fighting it, and then not having what I WANTED in the house (chex mix is usually just the start), I got past it.

Sorry for being the downer today with all this win in the thread. I just knew I was *really* close to sabotaging! Thanks for helping me through it!

Resolute
06-29-2011, 11:56 PM
You ladies remind me of myself when i was young, always impatient and rammy, :D constantly hurting oneself.

Get older and it takes a while to heal so you tend to take it easy on dem old bones. :)

So the scale was kind to me today... 198 pounds, look out here i come, you know i can't believe it but i've almost done the impossible, truly incomprehensible to me when i started, all i wanted to do was figure out how to eat properly vs my failing, it boggles my mind how far i've come, one step, one day, one week, one month at a time, digging so deep for the strength i never knew i had.

It was hot here today 32c, finished work a little early so that was nice, went and bought a birthday gift for one of the ladies i work with, she's married and i probably shouldn't, not like it's all that special, still i find her companionship at work invaluable to me.

Anyways i walked my 6.2 miles in the heat, biked my 3 miles to work and think i will head out on the bike again to blow off a little more because my appetite is on the rise this week, might be because i'm feeling the sickness coming on... :mad: still i'm lazy right now but know i've got it in me to punch straight through.

So looks like i will edit this post with accumulated miles for this week afterwards, either 6 or 10 miles depending on my mood/energy level.

EDIT : Whoa, nice 3 miles from home tonight and all **** broke loose, one heck of a thunderstorm, wind, rain, lightning, thunder, sirens, scary stuff, i was just drenched but i did my 10 miles tonight, got home and the power has been out for the last hour ??? Listened to sirens nearly the whole time, no idea what was going on, so accumulated mileage today is 19.2 miles again and 73.8 miles for the week so far.

BTW, congrats to Jaytee and MadamB for punching through on sheer willpower, nothing like heart and determination at work and also Peanutt you are remarkable with your steady losses, i know how happy i was to lose that obese moniker, won't be long now for you. ( I think i was happier to ditch that then on making onederland, nuts, i'm running out of goals though. )

munchey
06-30-2011, 12:06 AM
HEY EVERYONE :wave:

I joined the Boot Camp on Sunday, so I'm "grunt" status for awhile.

I'm in the battle. My knee has really been giving me fits, despite icing and advil. I'm having to get in my walking a mile at a time and making my best effort to make it work. For some of my mileage, I have resorted to walking around the back yard and intermettently launching the basketball for "Becca the Devil Dog". As long as I'm walking somewhere, it all adds up.

I've been better about portion control this week and reducing my evening meal and eliminating a post dinner nibbling. I'm determined to lose 2 pounds this week and get under 230!

Keep moving everyone and stay in the battle!
Munchey;)

MadamButterfly
06-30-2011, 08:46 AM
WAKEY, WAKEY TROOPS

Kendrab: WTG on stopping that BINGE . . . but french fries tonight :yikes: . . . You, me and BNH . . . racing to goal . . . You have 9, bnh & I are doing 12 . . . You two better hang on because I'm going to drip GOO ALL OVER YOU AND BNH TOO!!! . . .

Jeanetty: :wave: You've missed a lot . . . Glad you had fun camping

Courtney: way to turn the day around!!!

Munchey: :welcome3:

EVERYONE HAVE A BUTT-ER MELTIN' DAY!!

diyana
06-30-2011, 09:11 AM
I am so inspired by all the success on this thread! You all really prove that hard work and dedication (and a sense of humor) result in true achievements! All these exercise minutes/miles, even during bad storms (well done, Reso!) And even binge avoidance!! Wow! I had a bit of a setback with my back earlier this week...so I'm glad I didn't pledge for a certain amount of exercise this week because I haven't been able to do as much exercise as I would like. Oooops, this thread is supposed to be no excuses...sorry, Sarge. My eating has been good at least, and I've eliminated post-dinner nibbling this week. We have company coming into town this weekend, but I should be able to stay on plan. And I know we'll be doing A LOT of walking on Saturday. And I'll put in at least 30 minutes per day on the other days.

AnonymouslyYours
06-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Morning Platoon!

Congrats, Sarge and MadamB! Y'all are awesome!!

Josey -- Good luck today! 25 minutes, whoah! Can't wait to hear how it goes, gotta mentally prepare myself for tomorrow! :) Loving the motivation of a buddy on this.

Everyone, I weighed in today (because I have a friend IRL who is trying to lose weight with me and refuses to embrace the support offered by this community, so she and I weigh in on Thursdays) and I weighed in at 206.6! That's 5.4 pounds since last Thursday which is so encouraging because I barely lost any last week despite never going over my calories and exercising regularly. (It was that TOTM....sorry Reso) Anyway, I know this isn't official for this group until Sunday, and I plan to be down another .4 lbs by then, but I am just so happy after last week's super depressing weigh in!

I hope everyone has the most fantastic day! Friday's almost here!!

JayTee
06-30-2011, 09:18 AM
MORNING TROOPS!!!! GET YOUR BUTT-ers OUT OF BED!

For those playing along, here's a summary of all the smack talking side challenges going on:

SIDE CHALLENGES:

Total sweaty weekly exercise minutes (including push-ups & burpees): Pokey (560), Courtney (260 min.), Celrae (554 min)

Kris (No) vs. Rated (yes) in smack down stay on track week by week. Must register a loss each week!

Sarge (150's) vs. MadamB (140's) in race to new decade. A DRAW!!! BOTH HIT THEIR MARK WITHIN MINUTES OF EACH OTHER!

Kendra (9) vs. Madam B (12) vs. Bnh (12): First to goal / (0) wins!
Rated vs. Rmc: Total # of weekly exercise minutes

Kendra--Phew! Way to trash the trigger foods!

Munchey--You're a real "newbie"... only 2 posts on the 3FC site. Just wait till you hang around here for awhile. We can't keep our chatter down anymore! STAY IN THE BATTLE!!! lol on the pig avatar and "grunt" status comment...

Reso--73 miles so far this week!?!?! Impressive! I hear you on the "nuts, running out of goals now"... 2 to 3 hours a day devoted to this process is kind of a big time slot to fill. I think I'm going to start back on weight/strength training to tighten up some of the sag. Care to join me?

Chick -- Today is a new start! "Onward and Downward!"

Awaiting, Anon, Diyana & others ... it's really nice to read comments about how after just a couple of days you fine folk are already starting to enjoy the time you're devoting to extra movement. You may not realize it, but even the tone in some of the posts suggest that black clouds of doom are starting to evaporate in your lives. YAY!!!

Anon--That loss so far is AWESOME!!!! That's gonna put a nice dent in the platoon's goal for the week!

GET OUT THERE AND BLAST BUTT-er TROOPS!!!! IF YOU THINK YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH, DO MORE...BUILD IN SOME LEEWAY FOR THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND AHEAD! THAT 73 POUNDS / (292 stick o'butt-er) WE PROMISED TO LOSE THIS WEEK AREN'T GOING TO MELT ON THEIR OWN!

DISMISSED!

Resolute
06-30-2011, 09:28 AM
I've been thinking about maybe doing some weight lifting to help tone the muscles, not sure just what i will end up doing, we'll see.

That sleep, if i can call it that was atrocious, feel just beat now, sick and worn out today, i sure hope everything goes smoothly, i've tried to go a little harder this week because i will be having an off plan weekend but i think i've maybe overdone things once again.

Still what doesn't kill me....

Take care everyone, later. :)

Kendrab1223
06-30-2011, 09:53 AM
!!!!FREE TO GOOD HOME!!!!! health o meter scale that will be your best friend one day and then smack you in the face the next! :)

I'm a daily weighed and I am UP 1.2 pounds since Sunday. It was TOM for me last week and usually I am up the week after (my body makes no sense) for some reason. I always thought it was because I always binge after Tom instead of during. This week I beat two binges and I'm still up lol. Apparently my reasoning was wrong :)

I'm not letting it get me down because I know I've done everything right. Fingers crossed that I see at least 133.8 Sunday so that I at least hit my -1 pound goal. As of this morning- 136.0- eeeek!

Time to bust some butt-er and rock out 30 day shred AND my EA active. These pounds are going downnnnnnn!

envelope
06-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Sarge - I think of you and the platoon when I am jogging in the mornings and the local reserve base plays revelry.

It was a cool 60 degrees when I was out for my jog this morning. I went a little over 4.5 miles this morning. :) It is amazing to me that I can go that far.

I lost my voice last night and this morning my throat is pretty sore. My son keeps telling me to stop talking, but that is really difficult for me.

rmc9142
06-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Morning Troops!

Hey Rated, 60 minutes yesterday and I've already put in 60 today. Today's one of my scheduled 2-a-days, so expect to see more time on my ticker tonight. You'd better get moving! :tread: :workout:

I want out of the 190s so bad, I can taste it. :hungry:

Have a great day everyone!

Cheshirecat
06-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Good Morning!

Way to go to all the challengers this week! You guys are really pushing yourself. How awesome!

I've been hopping on the scale daily (I usually try to resist that) but I've been going down. Day four of actually being more mindful of my eating and it's paying off. I was a bit more snacky yesterday so I know I getting to the point where it's going to get harder. The first couple of days for me are always easier.

Got in 30 minutes of Wii Just Dance to warm up. Then New Rules for Lifting workout. Oh...lunges--I do not like you--but they weren't that bad today.
I need to get a second workout in. Usually it's a walk day for me--so I'll probably hit the trail later.

pokeycactus
06-30-2011, 11:58 AM
MadamB - Yeah, I wait till mine are bigger around than a cucumber - but they'll be skinnier on top, and fatter on the bottom....oh geeze... :lol: Mine may grow faster because it's hot here, but once mine actually come out of the flower stage and look like a baby zucchini, it's a matter of days before they're between 8 and 10 inches long and pretty wide around the bottom.

RMC - thank you!!! :D

Reso - VITAMIN C!!! Take care of yourself, friend. I don't want to see you getting sick. :hug:

Anon - Congratulations!!! That's a good dent already this week!!!!

Awaiting - How're you doing, girl? Are you going to beat me this week, or do I get to do the victory lap???? ;)

Busy, busy day for me here. We leave for vacation tomorrow (SOOOO EXCITED!), so I have a lot of work to do so that I'm ahead on my week next week, plus a house to clean and a suitcase to pack. Only got in an hour this morning (480 minutes so far this week), and plan on getting in another hour once I get a few articles written.

dcapulet
06-30-2011, 12:08 PM
good morning all! last day of june - i am looking forward to the new month!

100 min in yesterday
Same in today
on and up!

josey
06-30-2011, 12:23 PM
I've been thinking about maybe doing some weight lifting to help tone the muscles, not sure just what i will end up doing, we'll see.

That sleep, if i can call it that was atrocious, feel just beat now, sick and worn out today, i sure hope everything goes smoothly, i've tried to go a little harder this week because i will be having an off plan weekend but i think i've maybe overdone things once again.

Still what doesn't kill me....

Take care everyone, later. :)

Reso - check out these videos: http://www.paulplakas.com/nav/webisodes/ Paul was/is on X-weighted (Cdn. weight loss show) and the exercises are crazy!

CourtneyDaisey
06-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Good morning Platoon!

Today's been a weird one for me. It's gone by so slow, but I've gotten a TON of stuff done! I only have 6 things left on my To Do List at work and then I have nothing left on my desk! How weird is that? :?: Oh well. I don't mind! :D

I'm about to head up and hit that treadmill. I am so tired today honestly! Tired and a tiny bit achy after all the working out yesterday. But no rest for the weary! time to get my butt-er moving! :woops:

BudgetBaby
06-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Kendra: I didn't think you were a downer at all. I'm sure I'm not the only one that struggles with binge impulses. I think it's great that you fought that one off and lived to tell the story.

I've been looking at the numbers people are sharing re: where they are and where they started. So impressive. Am impressed.

I did get one of the videos out. Picked one that I didn't remember being too evil. Wiped the dust off. Put my good tennis shoes on and stuffed the tape in the VCR. Held my breath for a second. My old VCR sometimes eats tapes. It didn't eat this one.

So, I'm huffing and puffing along, thinking this kind of sucks, but at least i'm doing it. And then the woman says something like 'now we're all warmed up, lets increase our speed'. !!!!!!! I yelled at her that I was already at my top speed and said a few unflattering things about her leadership style and her outfit and maybe some general unflattering remarks besides that.

So, I'm marching along, not keeping up at all, while these stringy people on the tape fling themselves around with great abandon. I'm thinking, "I actually used to do that crap." And I told the VCR that if it really loved me, it would eat the tape. But it did not eat the tape. I think I heard it snicker.

I didn't even make to the half our mark. All sweaty and huffy, I stopped the tape and then went to clean the bathroom.

It's kind of sobering. I don't think of myself as sedentary, because I work 12-13 hour shifts and spend about 8 hours of that time walking around and occasionally doing some heavy lifting. They tease at work and nicknamed me hercules because I am so strong. Strong is good, but strong is not fit.

Ah, well. Can't start anywhere but where you are. The food thing is going really good right now.

AnonymouslyYours
06-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey everyone!

I made a google document to record our pledges, weigh-ins, and miles trekked that SHOULD make Sarge's life way easier, if we use it. I definitely think we should still do our weekly update posts on Sunday in here, as well, but this will show us running totals for our miles trekked weekly. It will also make it easier for Sarge to do the weekly starting posts. (Doesn't track side bets, though, sorry, Sarge!)

If you guys don't mind checking it out, I am pretty sure I got everyone. NOBODY should edit the page called "PLATOON TOTAL" as this page will update itself as you each update your individual pages.

Along the bottom, you should be able to find your name or scroll until you find your name. (The BOTTOM, not the TOP) Click on your page. You should input your weight from last Sunday next to last Sunday's date. Then, next to this coming Sunday's date -- you should update what you pledged to lose by this Sunday. You should then see day's of the week. On this line, update your miles trekked each day. If you click on Sarge's page or on my (Anon) page, you will see cells highlighted yellow. You should only be updating the corresponding cells on your own page. I know that this is probably confusing this first time, but it should be really easy to continue using from here on out. Please let me know if you have any questions, or let me know your information to update your page for you this first time, so that you see how it is done.

I really think this will be helpful, though. Sorry if I am overstepping, Sarge. My major deals with efficiency, so I am all about automating things whenever possible...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjE9zwth7bc2dDlBakkwUGw2TktBUFAtUWVfcEROY VE&hl=en_US&authkey=CIOe6aQF

JayTee
06-30-2011, 12:44 PM
BudgetHercules--One step at a time, baby...one step at a time. Great job on 30 huffing & puffing minutes!!! Next time around, maybe 30 min & 5 seconds and then ... and then ...

Courtney--KEEP GOING STRONG!!! I'm convinced that if we get you through two solid weeks of success you're going to make it to goal this time around!

Pokey-- Can't wait to hear your stories from vacation. We want to hear relatives comments on the weight you've dropped and how your 5K goes!

Chesh- Agree, lunges su**! "snacky time" = :) You'd be my fav kindergarten teacher!

Josey, Dcap and the rest of you... CARRY ON!

josey
06-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Josey -- Good luck today! 25 minutes, whoah! Can't wait to hear how it goes, gotta mentally prepare myself for tomorrow! :) Loving the motivation of a buddy on this.

Congrats on the loss! WTG!
Not sure if I am going to run tonight or rather tomorrow morning. We have a holiday tomorrow and I am still sore. And tired! 5 hours sleep are not cutting it. We will see how I feel later today. I will report back for sure.

JayTee
06-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Anon -- WHOA!!!! That spreadsheet looks pretty awesome.
I gotta scoot right now, but let's see how the platoon reacts to "change"...
If you can teach old dog Sarge new tricks let's go for it.

Kendrab1223
06-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Quick funny-

I was folding laundry and needed to change my shirt so I grabbed the first one I saw. I put it on and realized it didn't go any lower than half way down my torso. Odd. Get mad thinking I just shrunk my clothes or something. Take it off... realize it's my 5 year old's shirt (it was a plain black tshirt and it was mine/hubby's clothes I was folding. Somehow his short snuck in lol)!!! His size 5t shirt fit me aside from being too short!!!!

oh man that made me smile :) If it wasn't for my tummy not being in the best shape (helloooooo skin), I'd totally have taken a picture and posted it :)

I only did half of 30 day shred this morning. WAS NOT FEELING IT! I stopped the DVD and did 45 minutes of EA Active and then 30 minutes of Dance Central.

I'm off to finish folding laundry, eat lunch and then relax. I'm hoping to get a nap in around 5 tonight to help me make it until 6a tomorrow. I've been up since 7 so if I don't nap it will be BADDDDD!

Sarati
06-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Anon I started filling in my stats but I'm confused by the column titled "Pledge actual". Can you explain what we should put in each column? For example there are columns for each day of the week but what should we put there, miles trekked or our weight or what?
Thanks so much for putting this together. I am positive it will make Sarge's life easier.

Okay troops I'm off to do Debra Mazda's Let's Get Moving! 2, which incorporates hand weights into the workout for an extra BUTT-er melt~

CourtneyDaisey
06-30-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm back from the treadmill! :cheer: that puts me at 540 minutes for the week so far! Pokey? Celrae? Eat my dust! ;)

AnonymouslyYours
06-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Anon I started filling in my stats but I'm confused by the column titled "Pledge actual". Can you explain what we should put in each column? For example there are columns for each day of the week but what should we put there, miles trekked or our weight or what?
Thanks so much for putting this together. I am positive it will make Sarge's life easier.

Okay troops I'm off to do Debra Mazda's Let's Get Moving! 2, which incorporates hand weights into the workout for an extra BUTT-er melt~

Let me see if I can try to make this easier:

"Pledge-Actual" will tell you the difference between the weight you pledged to lose and the weight you actually lose. (You want this to be zero or a negative number, meaning you lost as much or more than you pledged.) You do not need to fill in this column. It will automatically calculate.

When you view the spreadsheet, here is what you should do:
1. Find your page at the bottom and click on it.

2. In cell B2, put your weight from last Sunday's weigh-in.

3. In cell C3, put what you pledged to lose by this Sunday. (This should be on the row that is next to 7/3/2011)

4. In cells G3-M3 (the ones with the days of the week), put how much you trekked each day. DO NOT update the cell that says "Total Trekked" as this will automatically sum all of the day's from that week. These will be in the row of 7/3/2011. Next week, you will update the days on the row of 7/10/2011.

5. On Sunday, come back and put your weight in cell B3, and next week's pledge in cell C4.

6. Repeat :)

*You should only ever update cells under the heading "Weight" "Pledge" and the days of the week!* Everything else will automatically calculate!

I hope this helps, please keep asking more questions until this is clear, everyone, I know it can be super confusing at first!

diyana
06-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Anon - The spreadsheet ROCKS! Thanks for creating it!

AnonymouslyYours
06-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Congrats on the loss! WTG!
Not sure if I am going to run tonight or rather tomorrow morning. We have a holiday tomorrow and I am still sore. And tired! 5 hours sleep are not cutting it. We will see how I feel later today. I will report back for sure.

Definitely listen to your body! I'll be doing it in the morning, so if you do it then, we'll have to compare experiences! :) Good luck!

AnonymouslyYours
06-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Diyana -- No problem! I just hope it doesn't confuse everyone! :)

kurisitaru
06-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Kendra, that was a cute little story. I would have been excited to see I could fit a kids shirt. XD

About to do a Shred! *joyness*
Later I want to do Jillian's other exercise...

Cheshirecat
06-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Anon-The spreadsheet it cool! Just updated my page.

I'm off to go for my walk
I just finished off some tilapia and squash for lunch, and half a peanut butter and fluff sandwich! Yummy, and keeping it healthy!

CourtneyDaisey
06-30-2011, 04:13 PM
I'll have to check out that spreadsheet when I get home.

I don't know why but I am feeling so down today. I am tired, I am moody, and I just want to crawl in the bed and sleep. When I feel like this, my body starts wanting me to binge. Or maybe it's my head, I don't know. But all I can think about right now are pizza and chocolate. I only have 295 calories left for the day though, so no can do.

Gotta behave and fight the binge urge!

peanutt
06-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Cool spreadsheet! I updated my week so far. Now Sarge will have more time for chatting and butter melting!

Attention scale addicts!! Read this post (http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/22/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/). Read it now, bookmark it for later and come back the next time you're fretting and stressing about the number on the scale. Don't forget that there's so much more to this new healthy lifestyle we all want to live than the number that shows up on that scale. :D

pokeycactus
06-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Okay, you guys, I just saw a picture of myself from the wedding I was in this weekend...and all I can say is ewwwwwwwww!!!! So, so gross. I am kinda shocked and disappointed to see that photo and now am pretty angry with myself for the fact that I still look like that.

I'm definitely going to print it out and keep looking at it every time I want to be lazy or want to overeat. At least it's good motivation. I hate the way I look in that photo!!!!!!!! :barf:

pokeycactus
06-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Peanutt - I just read that article. Holy cow!!!!!!

McMurphy
06-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Pokey - I woke up at nearly 4pm because I sat up all night reading a book I couldn't put down...first thought in my mind upon waking was..."do I have time to go to the courts?"...second thing I did was hop on the scale. It's very touchy so I calibrate it every time I'm about to use it, but I didn't this time. It says I lost about 3lbs. It's an ancient analog scale, though, so that may or may not be true. But I'll take it!

Sounds like you've been doing good, despite the photo..hang in there :hug:

kurisitaru
06-30-2011, 05:22 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I lost 3 inches off my waist.

I lost 3 Inches off my chest!!!

I LOST 2 Inches off my Butt!!!!

I LOST 1 INCH off my calves (EACH)

I LOST .5 INCHES OFF MY HAMSTRINGS!!!!!! (EACH!!!!)

I LOST 2 INCHES OFF MY BICEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (EACH)!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!

I though 11 pounds was cool, but I just lost 15 inches of SPACE around myself. My start date was June 9th... I did this in 21 days! 3 weeks! (I lost 11 lbs in 4 weeks, but the inches in 3 =0)

Thank you Jillian Micheals SHRED! You kick my butt and I scream when I do it... but WOW it works!

Thank you bike! For saving my money, time, and the environment as I shed inches!

Thank you FitDay! For helping me keep track of calories AND nutrition!

AND THANK YOU 3fatCHICKS, for motivating, inspiring, and helping.

Overkill... sorta... BUT I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

kurisitaru
06-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Peanut, I read your article. It's CRAZY! But, that's why I'm also doing inches and watching my pant sizes go down. I want 125, but if I stop at 145 and have a body like Debs... I'll be ok with it.

josey
06-30-2011, 05:47 PM
@Anon yeah, I came home and slept for over an hour. I guess I am running tomorrow. 5 hours sleep are just not enough for me. We compare tomorrow!

@Kendra something similar happened to me last week. I thought I put on one of my bf's t-shirt (who lost a ton of weight to but refuses to buy smaller t-shirts) by accident. Anyways it was just hanging on me like a huge bag. But no, it was one of mine I overlooked sorting through my closet! YAY! Waaay too big now!

@pokey I hear you! One of those pictures actually got me started this January! My mom sent me one from Christmas and I went "Holy s***! That's me?" I still keep it on my computer just in case I need a reminder! Definitely a motivator.

@kuri nice!! Way to go girl!

JayTee
06-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Wow, the WIN just continues to accumulate at Sarge's Happy Place Boot Camp!!!!

Kuri-- Never mind MadamB's "that's a lot of butt-er," your story is more "THAT'S A LOT OF INCHES!!!"

Pokey-- :-( on the photo, but a good motivator...although you've really been wearing the big girl panties lately and have been sticking to this new lifestyle thing!

Peanutt -- that is an amazing story/photo!

Josey & Anon---As the weather heats up, I start sweating just reading about the miles you're running!

Awaiting -- Yippeeee on the loss so far for you too...we're gonna need all the lost pounds we can muster this week!

For all, I'm gonna repeat this again. If any of you are interested in learning more about food addictions (binging, loss of mojo to continue on, processed food withdrawal, etc) try to find the series Addicted to Food on the Oprah Network. I'm into episode 3 and I've spotted the personalities of several in our platoon. If you know you've got problems and how to live with them, never mind, but if you don't have a clue as to why your binging or feeling the way you do, check this series out.

ALSO...keep posting comments about how you might or might not like or use Anon's spreadsheet... Sarge doesn't want to ruin the WIN this thread seems to have so if we just want things to stay the same because darn it, we're old and set in our ways, we can keep things the same. Sarge is fine with being put out of a job or keeping things just as they are...either way...

Have a great rest of the day!

MadamButterfly
06-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Anon, WOW, GREAT SPREADSHEET!! I put my numbers in and then some "fake numbers for weight & pounds lost . . . TOO COOL & EASY!!!

Pokey: I think we're having Arizona weather here . . . UGH upper 90's, hot & humid . . . thanks for the ZUCCHINI INFO, I'll be watching closely . . . I think one of them grew and inch since yesterday morning . . . WHAT?????

Kendrab & BNH: OK, this AM JM's Yoga meltdown, too hot outside right now, so inside 30 DS and then maybe a LATE NIGHT BIKE RIDE, when it's a bit cooler . . . I only have 12 to lose and I'm planning on getting a jump start on both of you this week!!!

Cheshire: I noticed you only have 9 pounds to go too . . . care to run a few ROUNDS WITH MADAMGOOEY, BNH AND KENDRAB???? Do ya, Huh . . . well ?????

Reso: you must have sent us that HOT weather, at least it's only suppose to be here for a couple of day . . . whew!!

Peanut: going to check the article now . . .

Kuri: Congrats!!! That's a LOT-O-INCHES AND A LOT-O-BUTT-ER!!! 11 POUNDS IS 44 STICKS-O-BUTT-ER MELTED AWAY . . . You should be SOOOOOOOO PROUD!!

SARGE: YOU WON AND SHOULD BE PROUD OF THAT, NOT THAT I DON'T APPRECIATE YOU SAYING IT WAS A DRAW . . . BUT, I LOST AND I HAD THE BEST TIME DOING IT!!!!

LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS START TOMORROW . . .

bnh, kendrab & maybe (?) cheshire . . . hang on, 'cause I'm gonna be meltin' some BUTT-er!!!

Kendrab1223
06-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Courtney- NO PIZZA!

Peanutt- that article was awesome! I do measurements AND weigh and usually when the scale stops (or goes up), I can count on measurements being down assuming I've said on track. Luckily the scale doesn't discourage me too much.

Kuri- way to go!!!! I did 30 day shred for almost 3 weeks straight and lost crazy inches like that. That's why im hanging with Jillian again every morning :) keep up the great work!

Josey- love your story!!! I bet you felt great when you realized it was YOUR shirt! :)

Sarge- I'm pretty sure the oprah channel is on hulu. I'm going to see if that show is available on there!

I'm probably in the minority but I'm not so sure how I feel about the spreadsheet. I'm sure it's awesome but it wasn't so user friendly on my iPod which is what I use 99% of the time I come on this site. I'll do my best to try and remember to go update it on Sunday's :)

I just got a really good nap in which will hopefully prove to be enough sleep till tomorrow morning! And no, madam, I will not eat the fries!!

envelope
06-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Anon - sweet spreadsheet, it worked great when I put the info in the right spot!

Peanut - cool article

Kuri - nice inches lost

MadamB - nice inch gain (on the zuchinni!)

pokeycactus - I have a pic from my sons graduation that I feel that way about. I even
remember getting dressed and being happy with the way I looked.

KendraB and Sarge - if the spreadsheet does not work for KendraB (and any others) maybe she could still post her info here and Sarge could update for her? This way Sarge gets a stream lined version to track, yet still has a job! :P

CourtneyDaisey
06-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Kendra - I didn't do pizza. Or Sonic, even though their chili cheese coney was on my mind the whole ride home AND while driving past two Sonics on the way. I went to the grocery store instead and got the stuff to make homemade meatloaf. Rather than all beef, I made it half ground beef half ground chicken. Less fat and still tastes yum! :)

Also, I am certain you know where Satellite Beach is. that's my most favorite beach vacation spot ever! We used to go stay at Paradise Beach Club when I was in middle and high school. :D Such a fun place and I have great memories of that area!

McMurphy
06-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Ugh...went to Chili's for dinner with my mom and aunt at the last minute, so didn't plan it into my schedule...BIG mistake. There goes 3 days of work.

Kendrab1223
06-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Envelope- I'm gonna try reeeeeally hard to remember to update it on Sunday's lol.

Courtney- way to go!!!!!! And yes I know where satellite beach is! I'm only a mile away from the pineda causeway that leads me right to all of the beaches down there :) I think it's Pellican beach that I go to the most- they have the playground that my son loves to play on :) do you still come down here for vacations?!

celrae
06-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Ok too tired to uses spread sheet tonight but, I think it is a great idea and I am on board.

Peanut- I have booked marked the article and will reread tomorrow. Thank You
This is why I 100% believe in Body Composition testing. I will be going for my 3rd BodPod test on July 7th, looking forward to muscle gain and fat loss.

I worked 10 hours on my feet, did 30 min. CrossFit, 2 hours Tennis lesson (wonderful, will chat about it later) and now I am done for the night.

Thanks for helping me be accountable. I can't believe I am posting or reading post right now. So done. I have physically challenged myself and life has challenged me. So far I am winning and that is a good thing. I am considering taking next week off, I am not quitting I just need some time for adjustment.

Keep up the good work!

Rated
06-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Calrae - That sounds like a busy day! I wouldn't take next week off maybe just scale back a tiny bit. Maybe you started out too hard too fast but keep up the good work! I don't know if your schedule makes it possible but I prefer to work out before work since I find after I have been on my feet all day running is the last thing I want to do.

AwaitingChange - That sucks about dinner but hopefully you made the best food choice possible from the menu. See if you can fit in some extra exercise later tonight and get back on track. I doubt you have ruined 3 days of hard work but you may see an increase in the scale tomorrow due to sodium.

Kuri - I can't believe you look forward to the 30 Day Shred I have to mentally prepare myself and force myself to do it every time. Congrats on the results I guess that is some motivation to keep going!

rmc - I put in 80 mins yesterday and 40 min so far today. I still have the 30 Day Shred and some time on the treadmill tonight. I think it is going to be a close race!

I had a good day today. I went zip lining with the boyfriend which was terrifying but really fun. There was also some good cardio hiking between the lines.

kurisitaru
07-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Rated: I don't really look forward to IT, I look forward to what IT does. It's like looking forward to leaving your house in a looooooooOOOOnnnng car trip with younger kids to Yellowstone or Disney land. You know you'll be miserable during the trip, but the effort to get to the vacation is SO worth it.

Jillian is intense!

Kendra, how many inches did you lose in three weeks?

44sticks of butter... =0 That's a LOT!

Rated
07-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Kuri - that makes more sense. I got the impression you looked forward to doing the video haha and I thought you were nuts!

kurisitaru
07-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Anyone who looks forward to that video IS nuts... or they really like pain and sweat...

McMurphy
07-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Thanks Rated...that makes sense about the sodium and I would have never guessed that'd be why.

I couldn't get to the courts tonight like I wanted to...having a hard time coming off my medication. Anti-D withdrawal causes intense dizzy spells, exacerbated by the fact that I took it for almost 2 years. But now it's over so yay!

Rated
07-01-2011, 02:05 AM
rmc - Just wanted to let you know I did 90 mins of exercise today so I am at 170 min so far. Hope your keeping up (but not beating me). I wasn't going to go on the treadmill tonight because my legs are killing me but I just thought rmc is probably on the treadmill right now beating my minutes.

Kendrab1223
07-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Kuri- I don't remember exactly but I can probably easily figure it out (ive kept track of inches since Jan.) "tomorrow" aka- after I go to bed and then wake up lol.

Got home from work and everyone is still sleeping. Considering doing 30 day shred but just not sure I have it in me right now! I want the kids/hubby to wake up so that I can just go to sleep (I know my daughter will wake up soon which I'd hear through the baby monitor. I want uninterrupted sleep lol).

I hope everyone gets in some good workouts today! If I don't shred before bed, it'll definitely happen when I wake up!

JayTee
07-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Reading posts about the platoon putting in more sweaty workout minutes that they ever had before makes Sarge very

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

made me think of James Brown song, GET UP OFFA THAT THING...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq1w0syylZI&feature=related

Kendra--Way to keep up being a shred-head!

Rated -- Nice, a little competition and Sarge lurking got you fired up!

Awaiting -- Glad you seem to be turning a corner of sorts. Don't fret the one day of Chili's...just get back at it and keep headed in the right direction.

Celrae-- A day of rest, perhaps a weekend...but try not to take a week. It's not so much scale damage that occurs, it's just too hard to get back in the routine if you take a big chunk of time off.

Been pondering the spreadsheet some more...I say let's give it a whirl this weekend, but Sarge is gonna keep the old format updated too just in case we turn out to be transitionally, or (like Kendra)...electronically challenged. Here's the spreadsheet link again for those who missed it (or can't keep up with all our posts!): https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjE9zwth7bc2dDlBakkwUGw2TktBUFAtUWVfcEROY VE&hl=en_US&authkey=CIOe6aQF#gid=0

Now make like James Brown...

Get up offa your BUTT-er,
and sweat 'till you feel better ...

AnonymouslyYours
07-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Morning Platoon,

Just a quick check in, I'm running out the door. Headed to do c25k w6d3 then hittin' the gym for an hour of weight training with the gay mafia :) I love my gym!

I hope everyone does marvelously well today, and that all of you who are hurtin' for sleep get lots of rest!

CourtneyDaisey
07-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Kendra - I haven't been there since 2002. Ex husband #1 and I honeymooned there. But I haven't had the money to do a week long beach vacation since. My current (and final) husband and I went to Disneyworld last June for our honeymoon though and had a blast! I want to go back someday though! I just have to save up the $1100 to rent the condo for a week again.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!! :dance:

Okay folks....needing advice again! We have been given a $50 gift card to Outback Steakhouse, one of my most favorite places ever! I haven't been in ages and are going to go for dinner tonight. I don't want to blow my food plan though and eat far too many calories! So...no 16 oz. prime rib tonight. Have any of you been there before? If so, what would you recommend? I already know that getting the Blooming Onion is out of the question. There's far too many calories and fat grams in that, and my husband and I can polish off a whole one far too easily. I'm going to check out their website later and see if they list nutritional values of the items on the menu so I can plan. But in the meantime, advice from my platoon members would be greatly welcomed! :)

I was feeling like poo last night. My sinuses were acting up. I had so much pressure in my head. It wasn't fun. I took meds and went to sleep early. No Shred last night. :( Must Shred tonight when we get home! And we're going to get me a new swimsuit tonight after dinner too! :cheer: I am already planning to hit that pool on Sunday afternoon and Saturday will be spent doing the laundry and the yard work. Come on baby! Burn that BUTT-er!!!! :strong: Git-R-Done!

Cheshirecat
07-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Happy Morning All!
Oh lovely Friday and it's July now. July is a fun month for me.

I'm eating some pineapple right now, and then I'm off to get myself ready for a bike ride. Whoo.

Oh I saw you little challenge there Mad-B. I am so in with you and Kendra and Bnh! Race you to the finish!
Come and get me if you think you can beat me! HAHA
http://chinaexpat.com/wp-content/uploads/u659/Kung_Fu_Panda.jpg

JayTee
07-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Courtney--Outback doesn't have to be a problem... I get their small (petite) steak (although fish would be better), double veggies, and a side salad and that's it!!!! Ok, one small nibble of their bread, no butter!

Chesh--That is one deranged looking panda! Way to pick up MadamB's gauntlet!

K3LL3Y
07-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone.

I am traveling again for yet another summer wedding. This time it is in North Carolina. We have wireless at the hotel though so I can still check in and catch up on everyones post. I also have access to a pretty nice fitness center which I'm excited about because its crazy hot outside here and I can get my miles in anyway.

Hope everyone is having a good week and I'll be back and more active on here when life calms down again on Monday.

envelope
07-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Morning Platoon!
My weightloss for this week is SPECTACULAR. All the hard work of the last few weeks is showing up this week.

Today is my rest day from jogging, so I am going for a walk with my daughters. Yesterday my son was cleared to start exercising, he got a concussion in May. His Dr.s (same ones as Sidney Crosby) said he can run the 5k tomorow if he was able to run 1 mile yesterday (he did) and 2 miles today with out any symtoms. So while the girls and I walk he is running with a friend.

AnonymouslyYours
07-01-2011, 11:16 AM
K, back and showered. c25k w6d3 was tough, but I completed it. Ran for 25 minutes straight! I went just over 2.3 miles during my run, and another .3ish during my walk to warm up and cool down.

I only did 8 sets with weights, though. After the 2nd set on my 3rd rotation of exercises, I got super dizzy again. I think maybe I am not eating enough. I am pretty sure I have eaten right at 1200 most days, but some days I get paranoid that I am underestimating my calories and I hold myself back around 1000. I don't know. It may also be that c25k has reached a point of intensity where I need to split my workout days into cardio and weight training, instead of trying to do both. Or maybe I am just not getting enough sleep. Stupid video games.

Josey -- Good luck today, girl. I hope you don't wait too long -- it's HOT out there! Can't wait to hear how it went! I can't believe we have gotten to the point of no return -- all running from here on out. SO crazy to me!

Envelope -- Oh no! How old is your son? How did he hurt himself? I hope his run today goes just great and he will be 5k-ing it up tomorrow! I also hope you enjoy your walk with your daughters. I still get up early and go for walks with my mom when I am back home visiting. I love those walks.

Kelly -- I hope your wedding is fantastic! North Carolina should be gorgeous right now!

Chesh -- I love both pineapple AND July! haha, why is July a fun month for you?! I turn 24 this month...which is super depressing! :( haha

Courtney -- New bathing suit!? Too fun! Get a cute one hehe ;)

MadamB -- your posts are always just exciting to read! I smile every time I see a new one!!

Everyone, thanks for the kind words about the spreadsheet. Totally understand if it doesn't work out, but I enjoy making spreadsheets and I love charts, so I make them for fun. I made one for myself that tracks my weight, weight lost weekly, percent of body weight lost weekly, percent lost overall, BMI, lbs to goal, lbs lost, average weekly lost, weeks left to goal based on my average loss rate, percent of goal completed, and has a thermometer chart tracking pounds lost and a line chart tracking my weight....and all I do is put in my weight each week. If any of you would like something like that, please let me know, and I will make a page for you. My personal tracker (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjE9zwth7bc2dDZnUE9OdnJnUGhMX2FVNC1QeUxGQ 2c&hl=en_US#gid=1)

rmc9142
07-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Morning everyone.

Rated - ok, so you've got the edge at the moment (170 to 150 minutes, as of last night), but that's just going to motivate me all weekend long! Are we going to keep this a Wed to Wed count or do you want to shift it to Sundays, since that's when Sarge begins the new week? Either is fine with me!

Sounds like everyone is having a busy, productive week. :cheer: I'm not having my best week, but I'm still plugging along. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation that I find here each day.

envelope
07-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Anon - I love your personal tracker. If you have time in between your workouts and life I would love one!!!

My son is 11 and got his concussion on the last day of hockey tryouts. He made the team. He did fine jogging this morning and is off playing in the neighborhood.

MadamButterfly
07-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Ok, I'm glad to see EVERYONE is make the best of LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS . . .

I was up early, 30 DS, Level 2, Oh I love JM . . . she whips me into shape . . . then to the garden to finishi hoeing and I put up a quasi fence of sorts for the peas to attach themselves to . . . they keep falling over so now they have strings to hook their little antennae like things to. Of course the dirt is rock hard so I had to beat (literally) the stakes into the ground then string the string around them . . . It is so hot, sweat was literally flowing off my face . . . It seriously felt like a workout . . .

Cheshire: OK woman . . . you're ON!!! Catch me if you can bike2: . . .
OK, so You and Kendra have 9 to go, bnh and I will do 12 . . . I'll have a cold beer ready to hand you when you get there . . . LOLOLOLOL

Kendra: How did the FF's go last night, were they talking to you??? In case you haven't caught up the race is NOW 4-WAY. I'll see you at the finish line too . . . :smug:

Bnh: you out sweatin' BUTT-ER . . . I hope so, cause now Cheshire's in on the race too . . . so hang on 'cause we're gonna be DRIPPIN' BUTT-ER ALL THE WAY THERE!!!

Ok, off to to JM Yoga meltdown . . . I can't talk all this SMACK and then lay down and take a nap!!!!

SARGE: It's Friday . . . Do you have the wine bottle and corkscrew ready??? I'm saving alcohol until Sunday AFTER weigh-in . . . Have you recovered from our . . . um SMACK DOWN . . . LOLOLOL

CourtneyDaisey
07-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Sarge - Awesome idea! I went to their website and found that the 6 oz. Victoria's filet with two sides of fresh seasonal veggies (no butter) and worcestershire sauce will run me 630 calories! After my 30 minute treadmill and the 30 Day Shred later on, that leaves me with enough calories to burn on a slice of that heavenly warm bread with no butter too! :hug: Thanks for the idea!

Cheshirecat
07-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Munching on cucumbers now.
6.5 miles on the bike. I had to do a tick check, I found two crawling on me.
Ugg. Luckily they had not latched on yet. Remember to check for ticks if you are out in tall grass or woods!! Or just out where you know they are.

Anon-That made me laugh...I have a July birthday too...but I'm turning 28. It's all good in the hood, we just get better with age.
Plus I'm getting a new phone (My first smart phone!) and it's our anniversary this month. July is awesome. And you are awesome for being a July baby too.

As for your dizziness--are you drinking water and making sure you have ventilation? I get way over heated when I workout inside my house and it makes me nauseous and dizzy. I have to make sure to put the fan on, open a door on cooler days.

As for the food--eat more (healthy food of course!!) According to those random calorie calculators my BMC is around 1400. That's the calories I need just to function through a day. I usually have up to 2200-2300 calories for maintenance on the weight I am now. So with exercise I am for around 1700 calories. Of course this is all relative to your body and it's not a precise science since I did all myself.

Mad-B--ohh you just hold onto that cold beer, it's calling my name but I can hold out until after weigh in too! You are not getting any advantages in this round!

Watch out Kendra and Bnh--it's on!

Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me as I burn off my butt-er sauce as fast as I can!

http://t2.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/25/69/01/400_F_25690161_8lbzgLVMcMaC42A5BkzLLCNRAzQ8VQbU.jp g

josey
07-01-2011, 12:45 PM
@Anon I did it too!! YAYY! It was tough, especially the last 3 minutes were killing me. But I did it! W6? DONE!!! I am not sure if I can do it again though. But hey, that's what I always say. haha.
I finally gotta check out your spreadsheet now! I love Excel and charts too. I totally geeked out on my weight loss charts ;-)

@envelope good luck at the 5k tomorrow!

Off to Canada Day festivities soon!

BudgetBaby
07-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Good morning all:

I do like the spreadsheet. I don't think I said the other day.

Courtney - if you're sodium sensitive, you can also tell them at Outback that you don't want any marinade or rubs on your steak (or whatever you get). They're cooperative like that. If you're not sodium sensitive, don't sweat it.

I am sodium sensitive and this morning I have the softball ankles to prove it. Now I get to play detective and figure out what I ate yesterday that did this to me.

The sodium thing is a sucky problem of midlife. But the one positive side to it, is that it has proven to me that I really can control my eating when I choose to. For someone who often feels out of control with food, that's huge. My family can't understand how I can be so picky and careful about my low sodium diet and still so wild and foolish about overeating too many calories. I think the difference is immediate feedback.

Yesterday, I had pretty little feet and ankles with definition of the ankle bones. Today, I have soft ball ankle (meaning they're the size and shape of softballs) and bloated, puffed up feet that won't fit in my cute sandals. And it's because of something I ate in the last 24 hours (really, it doesn't even take 24 hours to see the signs).

It's easy to acknowledge the connection and avoid doing that again. I'm not even tempted, because who wants puffy, sore feet and immediate shoe limitation?

It's harder, so much harder, to see the connection with overeating and weight gain because fat shows up so much more slowly and is spread so thinly over the body until there's quite a lot of it. It's easy to believe that one extra little something won't really hurt.

If overeating were the same as the sodium thing, I would overeat on Wedneday, immediately wake up 100 lbs heavier on Thursday, say 'woah, that sucked - not going to do that today', and then not overeat on Thursday. By Friday I'd be down 75 lbs. By Monday, I'd be thin. Immediate feedback. Would make a big difference. I'm just saying.

Okay, off to play detective. Have a good afternoon, guys.

CourtneyDaisey
07-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the tip, BudgetBaby! Too much salt makes me retain water so I don't use it very often. I'll cook with it a little but never add it to my food. I'll let them know to leave off the salt while cooking. :) Thanks!

Just got back from my 30 minutes on the treadmill! :cheer:

Celrae and Pokey - I'm up to 570 minutes of exercise so far this week! :running: Where are y'all at?

Sarati
07-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Anon I love your progress tracker chart. I would love it of you would make a blank one for me. I need all the incentives, etc I can get.

On Sunday I would like to join any side challenge that involves workout times but not distance. I don't have a bike so there's no way I can challenge a biker, unless it's on times.

I bought potato chips for my boys and their friends yesterday and the lesson that I learned by 2 AM was to pour what they don't eat into the TRASH. Not into my own personal garbage disposal...... I was up like a zombie just making potato chips into BUTT-er. There's just no excuse.

Today I must put myself through some self inflicted physical pain to make up for my indiscretions. The two things I won't do, just because I'm feeling that hopeless, eff-it feeling, are to give up or give in!http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu234/sarati05/226475_1052108737983_1083696411_30237894_1091_n.jp g

Sarati
07-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Budget I totally get what you're saying about the immediate results. I'm not salt sensitive but I can tell when I've had too much sodium.
Good luck sleuthing out the culprit!

jojotheyoyo
07-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Reading posts about the platoon putting in more sweaty workout minutes that they ever had before makes Sarge very

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

made me think of James Brown song, GET UP OFFA THAT THING...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq1w0syylZI&feature=related

Kendra--Way to keep up being a shred-head!

Rated -- Nice, a little competition and Sarge lurking got you fired up!

Awaiting -- Glad you seem to be turning a corner of sorts. Don't fret the one day of Chili's...just get back at it and keep headed in the right direction.

Celrae-- A day of rest, perhaps a weekend...but try not to take a week. It's not so much scale damage that occurs, it's just too hard to get back in the routine if you take a big chunk of time off.

Been pondering the spreadsheet some more...I say let's give it a whirl this weekend, but Sarge is gonna keep the old format updated too just in case we turn out to be transitionally, or (like Kendra)...electronically challenged. Here's the spreadsheet link again for those who missed it (or can't keep up with all our posts!): https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjE9zwth7bc2dDlBakkwUGw2TktBUFAtUWVfcEROY VE&hl=en_US&authkey=CIOe6aQF#gid=0

Now make like James Brown...

Get up offa your BUTT-er,
and sweat 'till you feel better ...

Tried the spread sheet and am feeling fairly confident I did it right. I think it is a great idea; and thanks for maintaining the old format while we test it.
I have to tell you, all this exercise is making me want to go back to the gym a couple of days a week.
:dizzy:

pokeycactus
07-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Sarati - you can join us (me, Courtney and Celrae), but be prepared to log some serious time to keep up!!!!

Courtney - 660 minutes!!!! BEAT THAT!

bnhtla06
07-01-2011, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=MadamButterfly;3916309]Bnh: you out sweatin' BUTT-ER . . . I hope so, cause now Cheshire's in on the race too . . . so hang on 'cause we're gonna be DRIPPIN' BUTT-ER ALL THE WAY THERE!!![QUOTE]

I have been sweating, but I've been avoiding the scale. I might be weighing in tomorrow, since I'll be heading out of town. We'll see if I have what it takes to run with the big dogs, huh? BTW, Cheshire-welcome to the challenge. It's nice to have someone who can compete with Madam's smack talk. Love that you chose my favorite panda to represent (didn't love the gingerbread man-that just made me what a cookie)!

jojotheyoyo
07-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Cool spreadsheet! I updated my week so far. Now Sarge will have more time for chatting and butter melting!

Attention scale addicts!! Read this post (http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/22/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/). Read it now, bookmark it for later and come back the next time you're fretting and stressing about the number on the scale. Don't forget that there's so much more to this new healthy lifestyle we all want to live than the number that shows up on that scale. :D

Thanks for the link! I have been on Paleo diet since the first of this year. He is right...my body takes up less space. [/COLOR]However, I have not seen a lot of weight loss. (I quit angsting over the scale after a few months.) It seems that the more I exercise, the smaller I get. :dizzy: Size 12 to size 8! :carrot:

Rated
07-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Anon - I would love a personal tracker. I always find graphs and stats keep me motivated but I have such a hard time figuring out excel. Let me know if you need any info from me.

rmc - Lets shift to Sundays after this week since in my mind that makes more sense (beginning of the week).

Sarati - Join me and rmc. A three way race makes for more competition. I don't think we are quite as hardcore as pokey, cactus and courtney but go with which ever one will push you the most:)

McMurphy
07-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Filled out the spreadsheet, not sure I did it right but I don't think I messed anything up for anyone else :hug:

Anon - thanks for this tool! That had to be really complicated to make..

chickadee32
07-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Well, I did speak too soon, of course. :) the short version is that I ended up back in the ER on Wed night for pain, and they were prepping me for surgery on Thurs morning. Surgery didn't go as planned; my fallopian tube rutured and with lots of other scarring and bleeding due to endometriosis, I needed a full trans-ab incision and blood transfusions. I will be at the hospital for a few days, and am looking at 1-2 weeks out of work and 6-10 weeks for full recovery. Things look good post-op so far though, so that's something to be very grateful for. And my husband is the best man in the entire world. :)

envelope
07-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Ohhhhhhh Chick! Thank goodness you are going to be ok now. (((hugs)))

Me1stAllways
07-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Anon... love the sheet! and your personal tracker is awsome. I tried making one like that before but can't, would mind making one for me ? start weight 232 6/8/11 current 224.

Courtney.. Love Outback...the Ahi Tuna appitizer is perfect or I get the 6oz stake w green beans and side salad (no cheese/no crutons/ oil vinigar dressing) lots to pick from there thats healthy food friendly

Well, I moved up my carb load day to yesterday insteada Friday so that it won't effect the Sundays weigh-ins, so today I'm at 224 but thats to be expected.

1 bunny for every 5lbs :bunny2:
(my second bunny seems to have commitment issues)
weeks start weight 221

Mon 225 smoke free
Tues 223 smoke free
Wed 221 smoke free
Thur 222 smoke free
Fri 224 smoke free so far (gonna have to stay clear of booz this weekend or it will be a HUGE trigger an I'll be too buzzed to have will power to resist lol)
Sat
Sun

dcapulet
07-01-2011, 05:23 PM
i finally got around to the spread sheet - thanks for setting that up!

My game plan for the long weekend - it's going to be simple - shut up and do the work!

Sarati
07-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Rated since there's only you and rmc I'll join you two. A three way is something I've always wanted to try anyway ~ Count me in on Sunday!!

Pokey, cactus and courtney are already in a three way so they're okay.

JayTee
07-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Ah...hahahha...now we got three ways going on! Where else but Sarge's Happy Place Boot Camp can you find:
Menage a trois side challenges...
Bunnies with commitment issues
Deranged pandas & smack talking gingerbread men

Seriously, you all crack me up. This is one witty platoon of smack talking, weight - conscious soldiers.

Chick-- You've had your share of shi*! ENOUGH!!! I hope you get a chance to fully recover over the next few weeks.

Sarati -- Loved the combat boots. Lace em' up and keep on hoofin it!

BudgetBaby--Your ankle description made me visualize the prince in Cinderella freaking out when he tried to delicately glide that glass slipper on Cinderella's dainty foot.

Josey & Anon -- You two are really pushing each other! There's no "skipping it" when you know you have to report in!

MadamB -- you don't expect me to pass up your comment that you finished "hoeing" did you? And no, Sarge doesn't have the corkscrew at the ready...he already used it several days this week. Felt it was better to rehydrate with pinot grigio and club soda than plain water...:)

Pokey--just caught up on that one episode of Extreme Make Over where the guy lost 313 pounds. WOW!!! Lots of inspiration in that episode. Good luck on your 5K!!!!

Reso--I hope that black cloud isn't back!!!!

Rated-- You know Sarge is seriously looking over your shoulder!!! Virtual creepiness, no? 15 pounds by 7/30 huh???? EXCELLENT!

Dcap -- What an excellent plan..."shut up and do the work!" Nicely said!

Ok troops, the long weekend is upon us. DON'T SABOTAGE ALL YOUR EFFORTS BY PARTYING TOO HARD!!!! Think about all those sweaty exercise minutes to lose the pounds you already fought so hard for this week!

Again, for those playing along here's the current side challenges going on:

HARDCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes (including push-ups & burpees): Pokey (560), Courtney (260 min.), Celrae (554 min)

SOFTCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes: Rated vs. Rmc vs. Sarati:

Kendra (9) vs. Madam B (12) vs. Bnh (12) vs. Chesh (9): First to goal / (0) wins!

Rated
07-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Yes Sarge it is a little creepy but I love it! That way I know if I slip up you will find out. You looking over my shoulder got my butt exercising (220 min since Wed).

15 pounds in July means 3 pounds a week which is a lot but with school starting I would rather set my goals high and work like crazy to do it than let myself get complacent. I am really hoping if I keep my exercising up it will be possible.

pokeycactus
07-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Sarge - I KNOW, RIGHT?! Most inspirational episode ever. Thanks for the good luck - I'm excited!!! My husband is going to run with me - we're not aiming for any specific time, for me to complete something like this is going to be awesome in itself!

Courtney and Celrae - 720!!!! Can you beat me? I'll be officially on vacation tomorrow, but don't think I won't be logging those minutes!

Awaiting - I'm down 3 pounds so far this week and up to 45 miles...how're you doing?

I'm digging the Menage a trois reference...where's MadamB with her dirty zucchinis?!

I have one more article to polish off, and then we are OFF TO THE AIRPORT! Woooo! Here's what I'll be partaking of in the next few days:

65 degree weather in beautiful Pacific Northwest Washington (a little chilly for me as right now it's 117 in Mesa whoa!!! - I'll be sporting jeans and "bunny hugs" all weekend!!! Reso ;))
Running my 5k on Monday!
Hanging with sisters/parents/cousins
Riding as past royalty in my home rodeo

and....

...wait for it....

...catching crabs!!!! :lol: My dad owns a big ol' boat and part of the festivities each year include crab fishing. Nothing beats fresh crab pulled right out of the Puget Sound!

I have to check into work a few times, so I'll make sure to post my final miles and weigh in and stuff and try to keep up with everyone!!!!

celrae
07-01-2011, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE=Sarati;3916450]
On Sunday I would like to join any side challenge that involves workout times but not distance. I don't have a bike so there's no way I can challenge a biker, unless it's on times.[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]

Please join Courtney, Pokey, and I on our min. challenge. I think others will be ok to adding a few more members <G>.

[COLOR="Magenta"]Pokey & Courtney- thanks girls for really stepping up to the challenge. You Rock!

Rated & Sarge- I will not take a full week off from exercise, you are right it would be too hard to get started again. Long work hours and family drama have drained me. Having clear fitness goals and good friends have helped a lot.

celrae
07-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the link! I have been on Paleo diet since the first of this year. He is right...my body takes up less space. [/COLOR]However, I have not seen a lot of weight loss. (I quit angsting over the scale after a few months.) It seems that the more I exercise, the smaller I get. :dizzy: Size 12 to size 8! :carrot:

Wow thanks for posting. I really love Paleo and I am just not in the right frame of mind to fully commit. Baby Steps.:)

rmc9142
07-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Sarati, welcome to the menage a trois. Hope we don't disappoint. :D

Rated, looks like we're neck and neck. Let's keep it up!

I don't know how you hardcore challengers do it - I mean, there are only so many hours in the day!

pokey, good luck with your run and wtg on those 3 lbs! Your trip sounds fun; enjoy!

So sorry for your ongoing issues Chickadee. I'm amazed at your positive attitude. Take the time to take care of yourself!

BudgetBaby
07-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Chick: I'm sorry you've been so sick. I'm glad your guy is someone you can count on in the rough times. :)

Pokey: Have a safe and fun trip.

My little mystery from this morning has been solved. And the culprit is ME - and my apparent inability to read a label. I counted 50 mg per half cup. Review of the label discovers that it is 500 mg. And I had 3 servings. 1500mg. Launching my total for the day well beyond what it should have been.

Also, I have already eaten all my calories for the day. Which is okay, because I'm allowed to eat them. But not really good planning, because it's 6 pm by me and I work the night shift.

And this is still better than I used to do.

AnonymouslyYours
07-01-2011, 07:32 PM
I will catch up on everything in just a bit, but I wanted those who asked for them earlier to know that I made them pages and that they are now editable, so go play around with your page. Let me know if you have any problems. Also, if you weigh-in on a different day of the week, or if you have been keeping a log and want to enter back-data, just let me know what day of the week you would like me to change it to and what date you started weighing-in. Hope this helps, anyone else who wants one, I'll definitely be glad to whip one up for you.

Track Your Progress Here (https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=t6gPONvrgPhL_aU4-PyLFCg&hl=en_US#gid=7)

Rated
07-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Thank you so much Anon that is so awesome! I would love it if you could back data mine to the beginning on May since that is when I seriously started making changes but no rush. I really appreciate it.

rmc - tomorrow is suppose to be my rest day but I guess I will have to do something (maybe tennis) since I don't want this to be too easy for you;)

Jeanettey
07-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Courtney - I don't know if you went to outback for dinner yet.....

I have spent an hour reading the thread and wanted to reply about your dinner plans hopefully before you go. I'm in Nevada so it's only 4pm here. Anyway, I agree with sarge, they have a great 6oz steak but they cook it in butter. Don't know why they would need to do that but make sure you ask them not to cook your steak in butter and the steamed broccoli is also drowned in butter. Best bet is to ask how everything is prepared and go from there. Hope you have or had a great dinner.

Jeanettey
07-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Hope you are all making good use of this weekend. I spent the morning pulling up old carpeting. Wow, what hard work that was. It was a lot of back breaking bending over. I also did a lot of scooting around on my butt-er to pull up the carpet padding staples. So between the bending over and the scooting I should have done some real butt-er damage today. The good news is we’re only half done so my butt-er will get some more loven tomorrow. :kickbutt:
Bend it, :cb: scoot it, :cb: shake it, :cb: move it, :cb:……. you go girls (and Sarge & Reso) :hug:

Jeanettey
07-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Ok, so I know some of these comments will seem very late but this thread is moving really fast. :comp:

Pokey – I like your picture. Most of us is our own worst critic but I have to say I think you look lovely. I do understand though, I have fat pictures on my fridge right at eye level. They have turned me away from the fridge many times.

Kuri – 11 pounds in 3 weeks and 15 inches is fantastic, especially since your under 165. :encore:

Sarge – I like the spread sheet just fine. Either way is good for me, Whatever is easier for you.

Rated – Wow! A zip line? That sounds soooooooooooo fun.

Courtney - I hope you had fun getting a new swim suit. I love swimming. I’d go everyday if could. :swim: Enjoy for me too.

Pokey – I am so sorry to hear about you acquiring crabs. :getwell: :rofl:

BudgetBaby
07-01-2011, 09:27 PM
'crabs'

*giggles*

kurisitaru
07-01-2011, 10:42 PM
11.11 miles on a bike today!
Huzzah!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-01-2011, 10:57 PM
The spreadsheet looks awesome!
I reset my scale today (i think it helped it to stop being bipolar) I took the battery out and put it back in it seems to have fixed it. We shall see!

Kendrab1223
07-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Hey platoon!

I've had a weird day. I think this schedule is I'd making me a little loopy :)

I think I decided I want to just focus on maintaining my weight. Went to the office to pay my rent today and the office manager asked me to pinky promise her something- to not lose anymore weight. I told her I want to try and lose 10 more pounds and her words "you are tiny! Please don't lose anymore weight! You'll look anorexic!". Before that, at work today when I was getting ready to leave asked me if he wanted me to make me any food. I said no way (lol) and he described me using his pinky finger. After that, my grey hubby asked me to just focus on maintaining and if I want, "toning up". These comments today juSt got me thinking I guess.

If my post doesn't make sense, I apologize :) I am a few drinks in and have not drank since before I got pregnant with my daughter. I've always been a lightweight (alcohol wise) and apparently being 80 pounds less makes me even more of one!

I'm off to clean some more! I've been drinking sparks-combination of alcohol and an energy drink- and I have an insane amount of energy right now!

Kendrab1223
07-01-2011, 11:07 PM
*my typos are a result of my auto correct on my iPod... NOT the alcohol :)

Sarati
07-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Sarge thank you so much for adding me to the Softcore trio.
I just need some accountability and ya'll are it!

Pokey where on the sound are you going? I live on it too and as we speak we're in a sweltering heatwave, it's 70* and breezy but no rain in sight! Enjoy your time up here.
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu234/sarati05/summeraug05_02.jpg http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu234/sarati05/partyboat.jpg
That is NOT our boat although I did take these pictures from my front porch. Eat your heart out troops.

The only BUTT-er that got burned today was that in my arms, back and shoulders as I am painting our bedroom.

The article about throwing out the scale was a great one. I try not to obsess about it but I know that I can get 3 different readings if I put it in 3 different places in my bathroom. I know that when I work out my clothes fit better and I feel physically better so I try to go by my blue jeans instead of my scale.

Sarati
07-01-2011, 11:32 PM
If anyone knows how to reduce the picture sizes within this text editor I would LOVE to know.......

envelope
07-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Anon - the tracker you made for me is wonderful! Way cooler than my old fashioned excel spread sheet I manually type everything in. If you would not mind putting the start date at May 29 that would be great.

Pokey - Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend!

Sarati - I am so jealous! I love the water. We have plans to build a little cottage on a lot we have a block away from our water access. I am looking foward to building and spending weekends and summers at the lake with the kids.

Sarati
07-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Thanks so much Anon! If you would change my start date to 6/5/11 I could use my real start (this time) date, which was the 1st Sunday of June.

AnonymouslyYours
07-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Sarati, Envelope, Rated -- I made the changes to the start dates you asked for, but you'll have to go back and change your weigh-ins :) Absolutely no problem, my pleasure!

Rated
07-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Thank you so much Anon. It is such a cool spreadsheet way better than I could do on my own.

JayTee
07-02-2011, 09:15 AM
MORNING REVEILLE

http://www.seandyer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/penguin-polar-bear-wakeup.jpg

BLAZING HOT & HUMID LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!!!! GET OUT THERE AND DO IT!!!

CourtneyDaisey
07-02-2011, 09:17 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!

Today's the LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!!! Get moving somehow! Burn that BUTT-er!!!!!

Pokey and Celrae - 660 and 720? DANG! I've got some work to do to catch y'all! My 570's no match for those numbers! I need to get off this computer and get my butt-er moving!!!! :running: There's some yard work that needs doing and if I can knock it out early then I'll get the time in AND not have to swelter in the 98 degree expected heat today!

Jeanettey - I did pretty good at Outback! I did get the larger steak but brought over half of it home. My stomach has been shrinking! I know that's the case because I used to be able to polish off a 12 oz. steak there plus the sides with no problem. Last night it didn't happen and I brought home over half my steak. I couldn't even eat all of the steamed veggies so they came home with me too. That will be a nice lunch! I bet my dog will enjoy some of it too. LOL! He'll be begging for it as soon as he sees the little white to-go box come out of the fridge!

Okay, enough's enough! Time to go burn BUTT-er folks!!!!! :cheer: Get your workout on!!!!!

MadamButterfly
07-02-2011, 10:08 AM
bnh, kendrab & Cheshire . . . Round 1 Done . . . going to the garden for a bit, (no hoeing today [that was for you SARGE]) then back home for round 2 . . . at least 3 rounds today . . . maybe 4 . . .

MELT THAT BUTT-ER!!!

JayTee
07-02-2011, 10:22 AM
MadamBHoe--You might have already knocked Kendrab out of the competition. Read back a few posts. I think she was "drunk posting" last night...lol

Troops...here's an interesting article on what to substitute for various snack cravings...the one about squeezing lemon or lime to replace salt craving was news to me: http://www.everydayhealth.com/healthy-living-pictures/healthy-snacks-to-beat-the-munchies.aspx

Kendrab1223
07-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Haha I was kinda buzzed when posing BUT I still think it might be best for me right now.

Go figure I ate some junk yesterday and the scale moved down this morning. One day I'll figure out my body...

JayTee
07-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Kendra--haha indeed... Hmmm, I ate some junk last night and guess what...my scale went up! :dizzy: Oh well, back to blasting butt-er this morning!

AnonymouslyYours
07-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Morning Platoon! Sorry I wasn't very good at keeping up with posts yesterday. I had company in town, and even then I kept saying "hang on a second I need to check the message boards" but I never gave myself enough time to adequately reply.

I laughed out loud when I started reading about all you gardening exhibitionists and all of your 3-ways ;) My guest was like "Really? A dieting message board is that funny." Oh if he only knew....

Chickadee -- Surely the worst has passed now...can you see the light at the end of the tunnel yet? I'm glad your surgery went well!!

Sarge -- Thanks again for giving me a chance to join the platoon. I am loving this and am more motivated than ever!

@Anon I did it too!! YAYY! It was tough, especially the last 3 minutes were killing me. But I did it! W6? DONE!!! I am not sure if I can do it again though. But hey, that's what I always say. haha.
I finally gotta check out your spreadsheet now! I love Excel and charts too. I totally geeked out on my weight loss charts ;-)

I always think, that, as well! And then when I am doing the next workout, halfway through thinking "oh my gosh can I really do this?" I start telling myself that I definitely can because I was able to do the last one and I had the same thoughts then. Love c25k! I am not going to repeat a workout today, for the first time since I started. :/ Have a great time at the festivities!!!

Everyone, I made some slight changes to the spreadsheet to make the headings a little more clear. Hope that helps!

peanutt
07-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Anon: is there a quick and easy way to put the bottom tabs in alphabetical order for quick finding? Thanks for the sheet - I think it's really awesome!

AnonymouslyYours
07-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Anon: is there a quick and easy way to put the bottom tabs in alphabetical order for quick finding? Thanks for the sheet - I think it's really awesome!

Yes ma'am -- Done!

It will be much more tedious to make the names across the top on our PLATOON TOTAL page go in alphabetical order, so I'm not going to change that right now, but if we do end up using this spreadsheet, Sarge, I will change those for you, also.

Edit -- By the way, everyone, I call every female, regardless of age, ma'am. Even my friends and my younger cousins. It's a Southern thing!!

MadamButterfly
07-02-2011, 12:18 PM
OK, Round 2 done: A shower and a quick trip to the chow hall and we'll see what happens next . . . and it's only 10:00

SARGE: Yea, I saw kendrab's drunk post, but thought I'd wait for her to sober up before we "scratched" her off the list . . . <sigh> :(

Kendrab: You know what is best for your body and need to listen to it . . . People tell me the basic same thing . . . I hope you're not going to lose any more weight . . . Ummmmmmmm, 1. I'm still in the "overweight" category, albeit only by a few pounds AND 2. I weighed 20 POUNDS, YES 20 LESS than I do right now when I was a firefighter . . . uh, maybe because I had gotten so fat, it appears that I'm tooooo skinny DOH . . . So, do what's best for you, like you said, maybe you should maintain for a bit and let your body and the rest of the world get used to it :hug: <snickering to myself, OK one down and two to go> OK, not really snickering, just thought it was a little funny :D

MadamBHoe <-------- Oh I love this one SARGE . . . let's see I think I have a few . . . MadamBGooeyHoeRachetJellyBeanPoopIN'HandPollinatin gZucchini BUTT-ER BURNIN' MACHINE . . . LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Actually I think I like "MadamGooey-B-Hoein' . . . LOLOLOLOL OH MY GOODNESS AM I TOO FUNNY IN MY OWN HEAD OR WHAT ??????

Jeanettey
07-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Good morning platoon, ;)

Well it's back to the carpet removal this morning. Gotta work out the soreness from yesterday. Meltin Butt-er :cheer:

Sarge - love the penguin. Nothing like a little pay back. You just know there's a back story there. :kickbutt:

Courtney - Way to go on not over eating. Glad you enjoyed it. :cofdate:

"MadamGooey-B-Hoein" - Wha Ha! Love it! :lol3::lol3: :lol3:

peanutt
07-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Round 1 - 30 Day Shred day 1 DONE!
Round 2 - yoga DONE!
Round 3 - biking to the grocery store via the hilly route COMING UP!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-02-2011, 02:07 PM
haha I hear ya anon I got into the habit of that too and it just ain't gone away ;) Waiting for tomorrow to see if my scale budged at all...kinda scared :$ its like I do it right it goes up I do it wrong it goes up le sigh. Never thought I'd be so anxious for weigh in day:p

dcapulet
07-02-2011, 02:26 PM
thanks sarge, i learned from the best!

its a really nice day here, and my DH asked if we could go for a walk! very surprising but nice :) how can i say no?

have a kick butt-er day all!!

MadamButterfly
07-02-2011, 03:01 PM
PEANUT: I SEE YOU'RE 10-11 POUNDS FROM GOAL TOO . . . YOU WANT TO JUMP IN WITH BNH, CHESHIRE & MADAMBGOOEY???? HUH, DO YA . . . WELL?????

JayTee
07-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Hey all...

Here's the spreadsheet link again: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjE9zwth7bc2dDlBakkwUGw2TktBUFAtUWVfcEROY VE&hl=en_US&authkey=CIOe6aQF#gid=0

Sarge just finished putting all the pledges in from last week for those who haven't had a chance or don't want to use the sheet????.... It's really awesome and also showed Sarge he needed to change the batteries in his abacus because we only had 71.something to lose. STILL A LOT OF POUNDS!!!!

Anyways, I've also put the highlighted link in the first post of the thread and that is where it will always stay.

Anon--question... How would newcomers be handled. Do they just say they want to join up, make a pledge and you'd add them to the spreadsheet? Conversely, when someone goes AWOL how do we remove them? And finally, MadamB & Nurse are the same person. As you can see in our many posts, she is a woman of mystery who goes by many, many names.

Sarati--To reduce pics I always have to use my windows picture tool.

Peanutt--Pedal to the metal for you, huh??? 3-a-day?!?!?

Jeanettey -- No, no back story on the penguin...just a really great get the heck out of bed and your butt-er to the gym image that made me grin this morning.

MadamHoe--I didn't even have to read your post to know you were already counting your chickens and setting your sites on your next victim. That's not to say that Kendrab is "chicken," 'cause I kind of agree that she needs to sit in a corner and take a maintaining time out. You're an evil, smack-talking, butt-er burning machine with ADD and you even scare Sarge!:)

To those who have commented on how much they enjoy hanging out at Sarge's Happy Place Boot Camp...my pleasure! You all make me laugh and I view continuing this thread as "paying it forward" in helping others achieve their goals. Let's face it, dieting and exercise probably don't top our favorite things to do lists. Enjoying a couple of laughs here each day sure makes the work we put in more tolerable!

NOW GET YOUR BIG BUTT-ers TO THE GYM AND MAKE THEM SMALLER and GOOD LUCK ON YOUR WEIGH-ins TOMORROW!

P.S. Rainbow...way back in an earlier thread there was a Jillian image you posted about making butts smaller. I couldn't find that image and I'd love to post it again if you remember where you found it.

peanutt
07-02-2011, 03:11 PM
PEANUT: I SEE YOU'RE 10-11 POUNDS FROM GOAL TOO . . . YOU WANT TO JUMP IN WITH BNH, CHESHIRE & MADAMBGOOEY???? HUH, DO YA . . . WELL?????

Let's do it! I'm so ready to kick this "OBESE" label and I think the challenge can help push me to get it done!

JayTee
07-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Dang Peannutt-- I was just gonna bet you were too sensible to get involved with that crazy woman! She almost killed me!

peanutt
07-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Dang Peannutt-- I was just gonna bet you were too sensible to get involved with that crazy woman! She almost killed me!

LOL! She is a bit of a loon, eh? I didn't really think of that. :dizzy:

CourtneyDaisey
07-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Okay...I am fighting this but feel like poo that's been stepped on. I am achy and exhausted. I took a 3 hour long nap earlier and woke up STILL feeling like I've been hit with some sort of bug. No. I REFUSE to get sick on my 3 day weekend! :mad: Hmmm....time to find some meds and start feeling better. I can't stand the achy feeling!

josey
07-02-2011, 05:10 PM
*my typos are a result of my auto correct on my iPod... NOT the alcohol :)

That's what they all say ;-))

You are sticking around though? It would be sad to lose you to the maintainers :)

MadamButterfly
07-02-2011, 05:54 PM
ALL RIGHT, PEANUT, MADAMBGOOEYHO, BNH & CHESHIRE . . .

LOCK & LOAD BABY

I'M READY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

It'll be a 4-legged race to the finish, get there any way you can . . . drip that gooooooo and you will be through!!! <------------- Sounds like Dr Suess :)

SARGE: So we have some two-somes & 3-somes, when we have 4 is it an orgy??? :o :dizzy: Hmmmmm, I guess Miss Peanut is gonna fly on the dangerous side for awhile . . . it's like you've ridden the Merry-Go-Round all your life and then one day you say the HE** with it, I'm gettin' on that DA*N BIG ROLLER COASTER AND I'M GONNA HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE . . . But when it's over you'll say Da*n that was fun, let's do it again . . .

Josey: you crack me up . . . QUOTE: That's what they all say . . . LOLOLOL . . . I wouldn't worry toooooo much Kendrab WILL hang around or else SARGE will just send out the Apache helicopter and drag her back :D

OK, All errands run and it's time for a little nappy-poo, then round 3 . . . 'cause lord knows I'm gonna have to BRING IT NOW

envelope
07-02-2011, 06:44 PM
49:35
I made my goal of jogging the entire time and coming in under 50 min.

Family reunion went well, I ate healthy, and drank lots of water. I might be heading to another picnic in a little while...the kids want to go bc they are going to have fireworks.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Anon - Thank you!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
07-02-2011, 07:04 PM
wtg on making that goal envelope!! *grabs a glass of water and a 100 calorie pack of popcorn, sits back and watches the 4 legged race between bnh, peanut, cheshire and madam* this should be interesting :D

AnonymouslyYours
07-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Anon--question... How would newcomers be handled. Do they just say they want to join up, make a pledge and you'd add them to the spreadsheet? Conversely, when someone goes AWOL how do we remove them? And finally, MadamB & Nurse are the same person. As you can see in our many posts, she is a woman of mystery who goes by many, many names.

Sarge, for now, as people come and go I will just add them to the spreadsheet or remove them based on your first post of the week, where you sum up everyone's pledges and side bets, if you don't mind. So you will still need to keep track of the new recruits each Sunday and their pledges, and then also just designate those you decide are officially AWOL and should be removed. I will probably just "hide" people who go AWOL, though, so they won't be visible, but if they show back up, we'll still have them in the page and all of their old data, but they won't affect the running week to week totals when they aren't around. If it ends up being something you like and want to continue using, I'll write up a detailed How-To guide with all you should need to know in order to take full control over the document and take care of everything related to it. So, if you don't mind letting me handle adding/removing people, will you take care of making sure everyone's pledges and weigh-ins are entered? Also, I took care of the MadamB/Nurse confusion, she's a crafty one! :)

munchey
07-02-2011, 07:10 PM
HEY EVERYONE! :sunny:

Good luck with your weigh-in's tomorrow! I'd post some 4th of July graphics, but since I'm a grunt (newbie) I'm not worthy to post them yet.

I'm feeling good about this week. I've had to get in my walking in smaller measures because of my bad knee, but I think there is something beneficial to having some physical activity morning, noon and night.

We are having a hot spell in Southern Calif, so I got the lawn mowed early and for extra measure, I didn't use the power assist feature.
Hope to get to know everyone better in the day/week ahead.

Munchey :corn:

Sarati
07-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Hey All!

Sarge thanks for the shrinkage tips, pictures and arses alike!

Anon YOU are a 1st Class Soldier ~ Thank you so much.

My treadmill has been a little shakey lately. Okay after almost 12 years maybe it's time for either a tune up or a burial, only my bank account knows for sure ~ Now I'm off to wear it out some more~

JayTee
07-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Sarati-- Oh, you have no idea the routine I go thru to get my treadmill going! Right now I have to plug it in twice, pet it nicely and speak to it in a soothing manner before I turn it on. Then, and only then will it allow me to jump aboard. We're talking 12 years old and it's seen A LOT of miles.

Anon-- We will work together on this spreadsheet thing because it really is awesome. We'll figure it out...no probs and I have LOTS of time.

MadamB & Dreamer -- I totally agree that the current side challenges are Lay-Z-Boy, popcorn & drink-in-hand worthy. Gonna be fun watching to see who gives first!

Munchey--You're only at 3 posts now. Start yakking so you can start posting stupid pictures! I'm not sure, but I think you have to get to 30 posts to get a siggy and other benefits.

Envelope--WAY TO GO on that non-stop run! Doesn't it feel great!?!?!?

josey-- Nothing wrong with becoming a "maintainer"... it's gonna be a tough adjustment to change up the physical and mental aspects of maintaining. 2 to 3 hrs a day devoted to weight loss is a big time gap to fill each day if you've reached goal. I have a feeling most members of the platoon who make goal are going to hang around for quite some time. As a matter of fact, Sarge is toying with the idea of planning a 1 year from now meet at someplace really fun yet budget conscious. Wouldn't it be fun to actually meet some of the faces behind these virtual personalities? Also, it's a goal to shoot for if you're trying to lose AND/OR trying to maintain.

DO THE BEST YOU CAN WITH ALL THE BBQs AND PICNICS THIS WEEKEND!

Can't wait to see the numbers tomorrow!

celrae
07-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Courtney- I hope you feel better.

This week I gave it my all and my body is very tired (love it). My endurance and strength is improving quickly, it is very impressive. Now I wish I could loose the weight just as easily. That part is slowing down.

:cp:I was able to buy real workout clothes at Target today, the XXL fit comfortably, very exciting. I thought I was very far away from buying off the rack exercise clothes.:cp:

MadamButterfly
07-02-2011, 08:33 PM
OK ladies, ROUND 3 complete and gearing up for ROUND 4 . . . MAKE A HOLE I'M COMIN' THOUGH!!!

Dreamer: although our little 4-legged race are as SARGE put it: QUOTE: Lay-Z-Boy, popcorn & drink-in-hand worthy . . . YOU better get up and MELTIN' THAT BUTT-ER!!! HUT, TWO, THREE FOUR . . . I WANT TO EXERCISE SOME MORE . . . FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT . . . WORKING OUT SURE FEELS GREAT!!!

celrae: sometimes that scale likes to sit and think awhile until it catches up with your body . . . TRY not to worry about it too much (look who's talking . . . UGH, I need a 12-step program for scale addiction . . . LOLOLOL)

Sarati: Like SARGE says . . . just talk nice to that treadmill, give it a little pet and then . . . run it ragged . . . LOLOLOL

Muchey: LIKE SARGE SAID, POST, POST, POST . . . WE LOVE PICS :D

envelope: CONGRATS, WOW jogging for 50 min all together, in a row . . . I'm still AMAZED by all you runners . . . I'm still at 25 min and about 2.6 miles <sigh> I'll get there!!!

Reso: :wave: Awful quiet . . . HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING YOUR WEEKEND!!! :)

Kendrab: when do you have to return to McD's??? Overnights are killers . . .

OK, ENOUGH GABBING . . . off to do ROUND 4

rmc9142
07-02-2011, 08:56 PM
A busy weekend, but I've been eating well and moving my butt. I've allotted for some pino grigio tonight, but I hope to not go hog wild. (Hi Munchey! :D)

Hub and I have plans to go to the gym tomorrow, then to go buy bikes, helmets, and a bike rack. :) They recently opened a nice "rail trail" by us that we're going to investigate. He's thinking 20 miles; I'm thinking he's crazy. We'll see!

CourtneyDaisey
07-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks folks. :) I am still achy but not feeling as bad. I am so annoyed that I didn't get in even one bit of exercise today though. :( I slept most of the day. But if that meant that my body is going to fight off this crud, I welcome it. I did eat within my calorie limit though in spite of feeling like poop.

Weigh in tomorrow! I expect all of us to have a great weigh in! :cheer:

Kendrab1223
07-02-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm gonna be sore tomorrow! Did level one AND two of 30 day shred back to back today. I am not a fan of planks...

Hope everyone got in great last chance workouts and had a great Saturday! :)

MadamButterfly
07-02-2011, 09:56 PM
JUST FOUND THIS VIDEO CLIP . . .

WOW, Wish I had done something like this . . .

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/365-day-exercise-timelapse/20957r5w?rel=msn&cpkey=3f0b7052-dbc7-454d-9dcd-89b0ce6ec246%7Ctime%20lapse%7Cmsn%7C%7C

SMSDREAMER2007
07-03-2011, 12:05 AM
haha no worries madamb im still meltin that butt-er ;)

Rated
07-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Hey everyone! I don't have time for personals right now but I wanted to tell you all about my NSV tonight.

I was at a family dinner since it was my sisters bday (and yes I had some cake) and my grandma quietly asked me if I had been losing weight. I'm not ready to tell people so I kind of shrugged it off but on the inside I was like "YES YES YES:D". It was just great knowing that it is starting to be noticable.

envelope
07-03-2011, 08:41 AM
celrae - What a fun trip to Target that was for you. Congratulations!!!

MadamB - You will be jogging that long soon! You jog a lot faster than I do, it takes me over 40 min to go 2.5 miles.

Dang...I just had a premature post!

RMC - I enjoyed some pinot grigio last night too!

CourtneyD - Hope you are feeling even better today.

MadamB - That video is so cool!

Rated - Sweet!

Yesterday was busy, busy , busy! We sure had fun though!!! The night ended at a giant picnic at a farm with fireworks. The kids LOVED it. They should be sleeping in this morning. :o) I am sipping my am coffee and thinking about where I am going for my 5 miles jog this morning.

CourtneyDaisey
07-03-2011, 09:08 AM
GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!

envelope - Thanks! I am feeling a million times better today! I guess my body just wanted a day to itself to rest. :)

Okay folks, time to face that scale!!!! How did you fare?

As for me, I pledged 2 pounds this week. I weighed...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/christianlady1978/wi07022011.jpg

243.8 pounds! That means I lost 5.4 pounds this week!!!! HOLY MOLY!!!!! :cheer: I am so stoked! I had to get off and on the scale like 6 times before I believed it!

Pounds Lost: 5.4 lbs
Pounds Pledged For Next Week: 3 lbs
Miles Trekked: 15.8 miles
Time Worked Out: 570 minutes
Miles Pledged for Next Week: 15 miles

Let's have a killer awesome week next week too! Don't let the 4th of July celebrating do you in!!!!! :D

JayTee
07-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Envelope--Enjoy your 5 miler! Also, I wonder if too much pinot grigio leads to premature posting?!?!?!

Rated -- Sweet NSV! A comment like that makes it easy to keep going.

MadamB--we're we supposed to watch the 365 day weight transformation or the break dancing gorilla video?!?! I kind of liked the break dancing gorilla...:)

Courtney & Dreamer---Up & at 'em....want to hear great reports from you two today!

LET'S HEAR SOME NUMBERS PEOPLE!!!!

Edit: Whoa, COURTNEY---we were posting at the same time.....HOLY MOLY!!! WAY TO GO!

Enjoy your day!

CourtneyDaisey
07-03-2011, 09:10 AM
LOL@Sarge! Yep, we were! I am thrilled with these results and can't wait to bring similar ones to the table next week! :cheer:

envelope
07-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Lost 5.6
Pledge 1.5
Trekked 25.3

JayTee
07-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Courtney-- I'm updating the boards...how many sweaty minutes for you for the week in your side challenge?

AnonymouslyYours
07-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Pledged: 3
Actual Loss: 6.2
Miles Trekked: 7.68

This week's pledge: 2

envelope
07-03-2011, 09:21 AM
CourtneyD and Anon - We are on a roll!

Sarge - I only had 2 glasses. :0)

AnonymouslyYours
07-03-2011, 09:22 AM
WOW! Congratulations Envelope and Courtney! Seriously great job!!

Rated, that's so awesome! I'm really happy for you! I cannot wait for people to start saying that to me! :)

Things are looking great so far, Platoon! :)

CourtneyDaisey
07-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Courtney-- I'm updating the boards...how many sweaty minutes for you for the week in your side challenge?

570 minutes this week! Pokey and Celrae still have me beat for the week. Next week I'm going to catch them though! Muhahahahaha! ;)

Awesome job Anon and envelope!!!! :cheer: WAY TO GO!!!!!

celrae
07-03-2011, 09:26 AM
-0.9 pounds, pledge 1 pound, Miles Trekked 20.97, Pledge 20 miles

Courtney & Pokey vs. Celrae Challenge
12 hours and 33 min. of exercise or 740 min.:dizzy:

Every day I worked for 20-30 min. longer because I knew you GIRLS would BRING IT. Thanks

CourtneyDaisey
07-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Well done on your time and loss this week celrae! :cheer:

BudgetBaby
07-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Courtney, Anon, Celrae, and Envelope (I hope I didn't miss anyone):

Way to go all you losers!

I'm a night shifter, as I mentioned. So, there's no way I'm taking my 'official' weight in the morning when I'm just home from work and still digesting supper. This afternoon, after I've slept for the day, I'll update my weight. (That's how I took my starting weight.)

I did peek. And I know at least made my pledge for the week. Really excited about it too. :)

JayTee
07-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Pledges Week 6/26-7/2

Sarge = .5 (-3.4)
Jeanettey = 3
K3 = 1 /// (-.5)
Tubak = 1.5
Me1st = 1 & QUIT SMOKING! /// (-2)
Reso = 2
Envelope = 1 /// (-5.6)
Rmc = 2 ///(-1.6)
Courtney = 2 /// (-5.4)
Kendra = 1
MadamBHoe = 1.6 /// (-2.4)
Chesh = 2 /// (-1)
Chick = 1.5
Josey = 2 /// (-3)
celrae = 1 /// (.9)
Bnh = 2 /// (-3.5)
Rated = 1.6 /// (-2)
Dreamer = 2 /// (-2)
Fillup = 3
Sarati = 1 /// Awww poop! +.5
Peanutt = 1.5 /// (-2.2)
Diyana = 2
Kris = 2
Dcap = 2 /// -0-
Dumplin = 2
Shellfish = 3
Pokey = 4 /// (-3)

Newbies
Kuri = 2 /// (-1)
Anon= 3 /// (-6.2)
Serina = 2
Munchey = 2 /// (-2)
Megan = 2
jdub = 8
AwaitingChange = 2
BudgetBaby = 3 /// (-5.6)

Maintainers:
Yoyo = Trek on!
Rainbow

Total platoon goal = 71.6 /// We're at a smokin' 52.8 net loss so far!!!!

Pledges 7/3-7/9

Courtney = 3
Envelope = 1.5
Anon = 2
Celrae = 1
K3 =
Me1st =
RMC = 2
Josey=2
Peanutt = 1.5
BNH = 2
MadamB = 1.8
Rated = 1.8
Pokey = 1
BudgetBaby = 3
Dreamer = 1
Munchey = 2
Kuri = 1
Chesh = 2
Dcap =
Sarati = 1.5

Maintainers:
Sarge
Yoyo
Kendra
Rainbow

HARDCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes (including push-ups & burpees): Pokey (780), Courtney ( 570min.), Celrae ( 740 min)

SOFTCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes: Rated (220 min.) vs. Rmc (310 min.) vs. Sarati:

100 lb. goal buddies: Courtney (11.4), Jeanettey (-3), Me1st (-4), Diyana (-3)

Kris (No) vs. Rated (yes x2) in smack down stay on track week by week. Must register a loss each week!

Pokey (-3/49) vs. Awaiting: Pounds lost & Miles trekked

Madam B (9.6) vs. Bnh (?) vs. Chesh (11) vs. Peanutt (8): First to goal / (0) wins!

Envelope (1) vs. Josey: Total # weeks made pledge

Peanutt vs. K3 = SHRED HEAD BATTLE

COMPLETED (2,741.65) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:

Follow our progress at: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginners/l/blwebwalkingadt.htm

Sarge (53.91 /389.38), X
Pokey (49 /165.5),
Kneed (15.2 / 52.70),
Celrae (20.97 / 136.06),
K3 (16 / 75.5),
Kendrab (9 / 82.5), X
Chickadee (14.9 / 41.9),
Reso (68.4 /437.3), X
Cheshire (35 / 142),
MadamB (64.8 /388.2),
Yoyo (25/ 117),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (36 / 102.5), X
Bnhtla (16 / 99),
Tmil (6)
L3 (just joining)
Envelope (25.3 / 105.5) X
Courtney (15.8 / 35.8) X
Sarati (21.34 / 64.58)
Data Girl (32 / 32)
Josey ( 6 / 12 )
Rmc = (54.5 / 122.5)
Me1st = (7.91 / 10.91)
Rated = (8.14 / 14.84)
Kris = (11.7 / 11.7)
Anon = (7.68 / 7.68)
Munchey = (15 / 15)
Kuri = (16 / 16)

BL Summer Challengers
Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, Courtney Kris, Rated
Blue Team: Bnhtla,

Peanutt -- 10K in September
Pokey -- 5K / July 4th
Madam B -- Warrior Dash / 7/23
Envelope--5K (7/2), 1/2 Marathon (9/10), 10K (9/25), 10miler (10/22)

AnonymouslyYours
07-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Thank you, Budget Baby! I hope you have a really good "night" and get some good sleep! Can't wait to see how big of a LOSER you are once you wake up :P Especially if you already peeked and know you're going to make pledge!!

AnonymouslyYours
07-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Also, Congrats SARGE! 3.4 lbs is a crazy good loss at any weight, but especially as small as you are! :)

rainbowsmiles
07-03-2011, 09:53 AM

P.S. Rainbow...way back in an earlier thread there was a Jillian image you posted about making butts smaller. I couldn't find that image and I'd love to post it again if you remember where you found it.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5211/5495750844_b779776eb8.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5495750844/)

<3 you sarge sir!! :rain:

JayTee
07-03-2011, 09:55 AM
THANK YOU RAINBOW!!!!!!!

rmc9142
07-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Congrats everyone - you guys all rocked this week! :cheer:

Me, not so much.

I missed my pledge by a bit - I'm only down 1.6, instead of 2. :mad: On the up side, I finally left the 190s behind, albeit by the skin of my teeth.

Rated, I ended our mini challenge with 310 minutes since Wed. I suspect you blew me out of the water, but don't get complacent. Sarati and I will be coming after you this week!

JM and her butt measurement cracks me up every time I look at it!

-1.6/54.5 miles trekked/pledge 2/pledge 40 miles