Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Weekly WW Chat March 21-27

It's a new week in the WW forum!

This week I'm determined to see some real results. I've had too many obstacles in the last two weeks and I've been maintaining for the last two weigh ins. Steroids, and then some sadness, and both are cured by CARBS!

I need to try some new vegetable recipes this week, and find some nice lower starch vegetarian meals. Plus, I need to get regular exercise.

On the bright side, I had bloodwork done last week and my blood sugar went from 99 to 91, which made me happy, and my HDL went up, finally! My cholesterol is always good, but the HDL is always below normal. I'm finally in range!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

I have a question that I keep forgetting to ask - does anybody have problems with their WW calculator? My buttons just aren't very responsive. This calculator is much 'cheaper' than the silver one on the old plan. These are tiny buttons that wiggle, and I usually have to press the power button 3 times to get a response, and that isn't too uncommon with most of the other buttons, with the exception of the numbers.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I find that on my calculator I have to press the buttons REALLY HARD to get it to work. I thought it would ease up with time but it hasn't.

I have WI tonight. It won't be pretty. I've been doing everything right -- staying within my points, meeting all the good health guidelines, drinking more than a gallon of water a day, getting lots of exercise -- and I'm up today by at least a couple pounds. Thinking it is TOM-related bloating. It's discouraging but here's hoping for a big loss next week.

My plans for this week are to keep up with my workouts (right now I'm planning 2 spinning, 2 chisels, and 2 zumbas for the week), keep sticking to the program and hoping the extra weight leaves (and takes friends!).
Old 03-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I've found the same thing about the calculator. At first I thought it was the battery but I think it's just that the buttons are not responsive! If you go to the ww site (I know we're not supposed to post links so I won't), you can use one on there- apparently there was a shortage of calculators. It's supposed to be temporary but it's been up for awhile now.

Jennifer, I'm also looking for some vegetarian meals! I made a bean curry that I didn't really love, but I'm going to try tweaking it a bit. Congrats on the great bloodwork news!

Spooky, good for you! I had the same experience last week. I didn't gain but I had worked my butt off and no results. Can you just skip the weigh-in and go to the meeting?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #5  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Ive had a gain this week and last. Back up to 172.6 when I should have been well into my 160s by now. But these last two weeks have been incredibly busy at work, school and otherwise. Have not been exercising like I usually do and my eating has been terrible. Today was my weigh in day and today Im turning it back around. My goal this week is to be at 169 by next weigh in. Lots MORE water, more veggies and fruit, less carbs and less laziness.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Spooky, good for you! I had the same experience last week. I didn't gain but I had worked my butt off and no results. Can you just skip the weigh-in and go to the meeting?
I could but I'm going to WI anyway. Maybe it'll be helpful in the future to figure out my personal pattern of weight loss/gain. I know I have a long way to go and it won't always be a linear process. That's ok. I'm trying to have a calm attitude about it.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #7  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

I'm back on Momentum as of today and I already feel 1000 times better. I feel more in control. I feel satisfied...for whatever reason...I always felt really hungry on Points Plus. I definitely gave it a good shot though, 4 full months and I wasn't happy with it. I will give it another shot later on in my journey.

I'm taking my first group fitness class tomorrow. I'm going to a Hip Hop Dance class. I'm excited, it should be fun.

As for today...I'm exausted and I feel like crap. blaaaah
Old 03-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I have problems with the calculator, too. Mostly the buttons on the right side of it.

I took some wonderful advice and started waling, and got the whole family involved. Now we take a nice long family walk after dinner, and the kids usually take their bikes. I feel so much better.

Tried roasted asparagus tonight for the first time and it was yummy! My girls did not like it, my hubby tolerated it, and my son and I ate it like it was going out of style. hehe Trying to add new veggies to dinner is always tricky, but I am not going to give up yet.

Weigh in on Wednesday, and I think I am ready for it. I have been spot on all week and my home scale is saying loss. I guess I just have to wait and see what the meeting scale says...
Old 03-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #9  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I was up again this week. Booo. BUT I can't blame anyone else but me, and it's up to me to fix it. No excuses.

I think part of my problem was I decided to check my progress mid-week, just to see, and it was up and it kinda messed with my head. There's a reason I don't check mid-week and this is why. So no more of that! Mondays are my WI day and it's the only day I'm going to let myself step on that scale.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

my calculator is fine O_O
Old 03-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #11  

Up 3.2 this week. Thinking it is all related to TOM. Hopefully, at least. Will stick to points and maybe eat more of my weeklies just in case it is also related to the dramatic increase in exercise and not any increase in fuel.
Here's hoping for a better WI next week.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #12  
Geek

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'8"

Spooky - Don't get too discouraged. I'm sure that once TOM passes and all that jazz, you'll see the numbers move down again!

I can't stop feeling nervous/anxious. I know why -- I find out whether I got accepted to grad school next Friday. I've been waiting to hear since November, when I applied. I may need some serious support in two weeks because if I don't get in, I know I'll want to drown my sorrows in food. I really can't bank on anything right now, knowing that my chances of getting accepted are probably only about 60/40, with accepted being 40%. I'm trying, trying TRYING not to let this stress me out enough to go off plan.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #13  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good evening!

Jennifer, my calculator has been crap since the first day I got it. I hated everything about it and honestly haven't used it since the first week. I just stick to etools or use the calculator that comes with the iphone app. I liked the calculator they used to have, much better design and functionality, IMO.

For everyone having scale woes this week. Even when you know you're doing everything right (and sometimes, because you are), it can be frustrating when the scale doesn't cooperate. Stick to it and know that it is a work in progress and one week won't make or break you!

Phae, good luck and I hope you hear some (good) news soon!

Last edited by LitChick; 03-21-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:23 AM   #14  
WW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksie View Post
my calculator is fine O_O
Ok, here's my excuse to go to Florida! I need a new calculator!
Old 03-22-2011, 01:43 AM   #15  
Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

S/C/G: 331/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!
I don't have a calculator, they are still out at the meetings. But that's ok. I am also calorie counting now since I wasn't seeing much progress. I never did the momentum program and think it might be a better set up for me. But for now I am going to the meetings (since I think that's the best part of WW) and calorie counting.

This week I weighed in and I was down .8 lb. I was fine by it. I missed tracking for 2.5 days, so I know that was part of it. But I spoke to my leader and asked if I could weigh in on Thursday or Friday in prep for my son's 6th (gasp) b-day party on Saturday.

Other than that I am going to attempt to do the cauliflower mashed potatoes this week. Little steps.
Closed Thread