20-Somethings BL Corner - Team Tulip Chat

View Full Version : Team Tulip Chat

KimL1214
02-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Good luck everyone!!!

Here is your team…

Team Tulip

angeluv
audri8301
Bulletproof Heart
ChubbyBride325
dj mayhem
glitterhairdye
jazzang
JLNichols07
katylil
KimWin
Krizstyling
LauraLovesWeims
MadisonAvePhoto
Matilda08
mdchick88
MissSMcC
oOPeanutOo
Princess of the KING
ruby5839
skigirl84
SweetPeach3388
theskinnychickinside
Transporter

southernbelle102
02-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Not sure which team I am on since I am listed on both :) but I wanted to say Hi everyone!!! Can't wait for this challenge tomorrow!!

KimL1214
02-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Sooooo LONG story short... I have been trying to get to a computer since Monday, but due to the fact that we are on vacation, it has been quite a struggle. My mom's computer is a POS, so I just spent almost $1000 getting it fixed, so I BETTER be able to get things rolling now!!!

Due to this minor set back, I am pushing back the date when SW are due as I know it's unfair to expect everyone to get them in by tomorrow night... SOOOOO... our official starting date has been pushed back to March 6... I'm really sorry for the delay, and will be on top of things from here out!

Important info from this post:
New SW due March 6, not Feb. 27!!!

KimL1214
02-26-2011, 06:47 PM
southernbelle102~ Hey sorry! I made a boo-boo, you're on Team Daisy!

southernbelle102
02-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Ok... Thanks Kim :) no problem!!

mdchick88
02-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey team Tulip!! I'm so excited for this challenge to start, and even more excited for us to win ;)

My name's Lindsay, I'm 22 years old. I'm a college student, majoring in math and computer science, and I'm graduating in May :carrot: I really want to be proud of the millions of pictures my family will be taking at graduation, so I'd like to lose 25 pounds by then. I'm hoping this challenge gets me well on my way! I think I was around 150 when I graduated high school, so it'd be awesome to be the same weight when I graduate college.

It's been a while since I've done a BL challenge on here, but the last one I did I lost a LOT, so I'm really pumped for this!

oOPeanutOo
02-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Hey Everyone!!

This will be my 4th BL Challenge and I’m hoping that I do a lot better than the last one. I’m 25 from Melbourne, Australia (so I’m likely to post at weird hours compared to everyone else!). I’m setting a goal for this challenge of 4kg (almost 9lbs) which I can hopefully reach if I stay on track. I notice a lot of new names in the challenge this time around so I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone.

mdchick88 – Your progress pics are amazing. Congrats on what you’ve achieved so far!

ChubbyBride325
02-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone! I am a 26 year old mother of 3 from Alabama. I just joined 3FC a couple of weeks ago so this will be my very first challenge & I am super excited about it! =) I will be getting married on March 25th & I really want to lose as much weight as possible between now & then. I look forward to getting to know all of you and losing our way to winning!!!

mdchick88
02-26-2011, 09:22 PM
ChubbyBride - Welcome to 3fc, and congratulations on getting married!! I see you're already well on your way, good job on the first almost 20 pounds!

peanut - thank you :) and congrats to you too! Over halfway there, you're doing great! Lol when I first saw your ticker, I didn't see the "kg", and started getting worried... I was thinking "OMG, she's 99 pounds?!?! And she wants to get down to 85 pounds?!?! And nobody's put her in a hospital yet?!?!" I'm glad that's not the case :D

JLNichols07
02-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Yay for Team Tulip! :) Can't wait to get the ball rolling!

southernbelle102
02-26-2011, 09:32 PM
JLNichols07 - I just wanted to pop in on y'alls chat to congratulate you on being the overall biggest loser of the last challenge!!:D Keep it up!!

oOPeanutOo
02-26-2011, 09:43 PM
ChubbyBride – Yay for the upcoming wedding!! Are you having a big ceremony?

mdchick – Haha.. I get that all the time! It just saves me having to use Google to convert kg’s to lbs every time I update my ticker.

JLNichols - :wave: How are the chest pains going? Hopefully they’re under control now!!

MaddieBPhoto
02-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Hi girls!

This is my 2nd BL Challenge. I was here a couple years ago, actually for the very first BL Challenge on here. I'm looking forward to getting started :)

JL - what the heck is your secret?? You are a losing weight champion!!

Bulletproof Heart
02-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Heeyy team Tulip!! :D I love tulips~

Krizstyling
02-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Hey Everyone!! This is my 3rd BL challenge! Been here since the end of August, which was the beginning of my weight loss journey!

This week is the final week of our Boot Camp challenge (in the BC i'm in) and i'm TRYING SOOO HARD to win 1st place. With you ladies cheering me on, I know I can't be stopped! It was an 8 week challenge and I started off at 175.8 (after already losing over 40 pounds) so I was nervous...I'm down to 161 as of today and hoping to weigh in at 159 by Saturdays BC weigh in!

If I can do that I also need to have improved on my measurements and fitness testing. Wish me luck! I WANT FIRST PLACE BADDD!!!!! It's awesome prizes and would just show me how far I've come in 6 short months!

LETS KICK BUTT LADIES! NOOOO MISSING WEIGH INS or people who don't chat!! It takes a TEAM to win this thing so let's do it!

katylil
02-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Hi everyone!
Glad to see some familiar faces on the team and also some newbies who I haven't spoken to before :) GO TEAM TULIP!

mdchick: your progress pics are AMAZING!!! You can reaaally see the difference and you look stunning!

ChubbyBride: Wedding! How exciting!!! :D

Peanut and JLNichols: (wave) hi again!

Krizstyling: good luck on your Boot Camp challenge!!! :)

I'm Katy. 19 years old and a Musical Theatre student at university in England. I grew up in Spain and will be going back there at Easter for the first time in 8 months and really really want to surprise everyone at home with my weightloss!
I was always the chubby one of my group of friends at school but I've lost 15lbs so far (ticker is one away...) and would like to lose another 10 or so by the end of this Challenge.
Also, I got the lead of Sally Bowles in my course' end of year production of Cabaret (which involves very skimpy outfits and being lifted by some of the boys on stage) so I really really REALLY want to lose 7lbs by the time that comes around at the beginning of April.

Come on Team Tulip - lets make Team Daisy eat our weightloss dust!!! :)

MissSMcC
02-27-2011, 06:40 AM
hey everyone, my name is Sheryl, im 25 from scotland, i have a daughter who will be 10 in april. This is my first challenge, i hope everyone does well :) xx

katylil
02-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Team Tulip Banner - http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad350/katylil/tulipsyellows-1.jpg - TAKE OUT THE SPACES! :)

SweetPeach3388
02-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Hey everyone! My name is Stephanie, I'm a law student in Boston, MA, and I will be 23 on Thursday! I'm kind of new to the site and this will be my first BL challenge!

Bulletproof Heart
02-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Hey! My name is Jodi, Im 18 and studying computer science and programing and this is my first BL challenge :)

Transporter
02-27-2011, 04:57 PM
go team tulip go!!
I'm 21.. studying chemistry.

mdchick88
02-27-2011, 05:16 PM
woohoo bulletproof - another CS major! Hah I'm one of 3 girls in the department at my school, so I get excited when I find others out there.

Welcome, everyone!! We've got a lot of team spirit here, let's keep it going through the challenge!! I know not everyone has time to chat here a lot, but come and talk when you can. It keeps us all accountable!

MissSMcC
02-27-2011, 05:25 PM
just wondering what everyones plan is? WW, atkins etc. im doing calorie counting and eating healthy, i've also started doing a lot of walking, and dusted off my exercise bike that was being used as a clothes hanger! i dont have a specific amount of weight i want to lose during this challenge, but since summer is getting closer i want to be able to wear tshirts without feeling so selfconcious :)

Princess of the KING
02-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey guys :) I'm 18 and this is my second BL challenge! I hope I do better this time than last time :)

Bulletproof Heart
02-27-2011, 06:29 PM
@mdchick88

Awesome :) im the same way I never seen any females in my major till last week I seen one when my friend and I dropped her computer off then seen another girl in the one room I think they are from the IT club which I was thinking of joining but when my friend and I walked in there I though they were going to kill us o.o just by the look :lol:

oOPeanutOo
02-28-2011, 04:18 AM
Krizstyling – I remember when you were looking at starting the Boot Camp challenge! How time flies! Hopefully you snatch the first place and the goodies.

katylil – Hey again!! Are your roommates still helping you stay on track? The sig looks great btw!

SweetPeach3388 – Happy Birthday for Thurs!!! Are you having a big celebration or keeping things low key?

MissSMcC – I’m a Calorie Counter and generally try to stick to 1500. I don’t have an exercise program in place so am just hoping I can get the diet component right.

A big Hello to everyone else on Team Tulip!!

SweetPeach3388
02-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Peanut I don't have anything huge planned, yet. My actual birthday will probably be low key, but I will most likely go home to New Hampshire for a celebration this weekend. My fiance and I have so many different groups of friends that usually every celebration winds up being huge. It will be a struggle to be moderate with my drinking, lol!

angeluv
02-28-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm really excited to do this! this is my first challenge. I missed the last one by a couple of days and I just hope this really motivates me to loose weight since i've only lost about 3lbs since jan 1. hopefully I can loose 5lbs in these few weeks and jump start my weight loss again. i'm 26 and will be 27 on april 5th so hopefully this challenge will help me loose a bit of weight by my bday.

i was following a plan given to me by a nutritionist. I know it works because I really stopped losing weight when i stopped following it but its very difficult for me to follow. its a 1200 cal diet. i just have to stay motivated.

I tried WW but it wasn't working great for me. I was staying within my points but eating all the wrong foods.

haven't been working out but i plan on starting again soon...my first step is doing the 100 push ups and 200 squats program.

KimWin
02-28-2011, 12:32 PM
HELLLLLLO LADIES! I am so excited to be a part of this challenge! I have a good feeling about it as I saw that our team name is Tulip and that's my favorite flower!!! :) WE will ROCK THiS!

My name is Kim, I'm 28, a gemini and am originally from MPLS, MN and now live in sunny, warm Arizona! :) This is my first challenge and I'm excited to make some friends here within our team. I have been on the boards for a couple weeks, but they are so big it's hard to jump in sometimes! :)

A bit about me- I LIVE YOGA. LOL I am wrapping up a 60 day challenge of Bikram Yoga tomorrow and starting in on my 120 day yoga challenge at the same time! :) So, busy with that. I work at my yoga studio PT; and do art, music, cooking, reading in my spare time. I start grad school in the Fall and want to utilize my time well while I have it! :) I also enjoy cycling, although not as much as my husband as he is one of those crazies that goes out for 80 miles, "just for fun," he says. LOL

I am a Vegetarian slowly going Vegan over the course of 2011. I have many great recipes if you ever want any low calorie, yummy ones! :)

MY GOAL: I have a family vacation in San Diego around the 4th of July! I was 130 last year when I went and this year I want to get to 120! I maintained 130 for 9 months and then over the holidays gained the average American 10 pounds. Now, I gotta lose it. I am a calorie counter and I LOVE Turbo Fire and other cardio! Hoping to lose 8-10 pounds this month! We'll see!

P.S. My weakness- NACHOS AND PIZZA! I am going to stay away from it all through march!

When I hit 135 I am getting my eyebrows waxed and when I hit 130 I am getting a pedicure!

LET'S DO THIS! I look forward to reading through all the posts, just haven't had time yet! Have a fabulous day! :)

Matilda08
02-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Hello team and good luck! I may not be as chatty because of school work and familly but ill be reading your post and cheering you guys on when I can. I know a few of you guys from other boards which is always nice and I am looking forward to getting to know all the new folks:)

mdchick88
02-28-2011, 06:35 PM
MissSMcC - I'm counting calories and trying to watch my sodium intake. I also just started 30 Day Shred, which is currently kicking.my.butt. I think after that I'm going to start a pumped up version of the Turbo Jam rotation, but we'll see what happens.

Kim - we've got the exact same weaknesses, haha! I don't know that I can stay away for all of March, but my plan is to abstain until I get under 170 (which, who knows, may be a month! I sure hope not...)

oOPeanutOo
02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
SweetPeach – That’s always the way. You plan something low key and then it turns into a massive night. Good luck keeping the drinking in check – those liquid calories will get you every time!

angeluv – I can’t even manage 1 push up so if you make it to 100 then that’s awesome!

KimWin – Bikram Yoga. Wow. I would absolutely die if someone put me in a room that hot and wanted me to actually work out! I’ll probably need to snag some of those low cal recipes from you. I have a friend working their way to becoming a vegetarian and I’d have no idea what to cook for them.

Matilda08 – Hey again :wave:

mdchick88 – How far into 30 Day Shred are you?

mdchick88
02-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Peanut - today was day 3, I'm on level 1 right now. I'm planning on doing 10 days at each level (1, 2, and 3). It's already easier than it was the first day, so I'm hoping it just gets easier from here!

Holy crap - I just googled Bikram... I'm pretty sure I would run screaming if I went to work out and the room was 105 degrees!!! You are insane Kim!!

KimWin
03-01-2011, 01:00 AM
@Mdchick- I want to make it all of March as this last month, even while short, wasn't good. January was awesome, but we'll see. I don't like treating myself with food. However, Jillian Michaels also loves Nachos and I know how to cut the calories in half, so we'll see... Also, I have and love Tjams and Tfire. I am currently doing a hybrid Tfire/Brazillian Buttlift/Charlean Extreme rotation for all of March. We shall see the results! I also have 30 day shred, LOVE IT, but doing the same routine was rough on my knee! :)

@Peanut- A great place to start is Vegetarian Times . com. It's great and easy. But I have a KILLER vegetable chili recipe (just had it tonight). It's actually from a SBD book and my entire family, even meat lovers LOVE IT! :) It's super filling and tasty. At only 250 some calories for a meal that lasts 4-6 hours- I'd say WONDERFUL!

@angellov- I hear you on the weight loss! Where did the time go? All of a sudden we are in March and I'm still carrying around holiday weight. Granted, I think I have lost about 6-8 pounds, but still- not enough! We can do it! April is totally doable to lose weight! :) I mean what, at -2 pounds a week that is close to 8 pounds a month! I'm only 5'3 so that is a huge difference on my frame! :) You can do it! :)

@misssmscc- I know what you mean with the clothes! I live in AZ so it's already short sleeve weather! last year I was at a good weight and lived in tanks/tubes for the first time in awhile. I can't wait to get back there again! YOu can do it! :carrot:

Bikram yoga sounds crazy, but I love it! It's so intense and it's really about building mental focus as well. It's "moving meditation." I can't wait for my class tomorrow! :)

Well, good night! I am going to do some stretching, massaging of my hamstrings and then off to read! :hug:

katylil
03-01-2011, 11:01 AM
MissSMcC: I'm a bit vague with my food plan. I calorie-count (1200 a day) and also limit carbs, filling up on lean protein instead. I take vitamin supplements and green tea capsules, and make sure to drink at least 2 litres of water a day (usually more). My exercise regime is a bit floaty... I do at least 3h of modern dance a week (two 1 and a half hour classes and sometimes more depending on our show rehearsal schedule) and an hour and a half of ballet. I've also recently started going to a girl's boxing class which is actually the most fun and amazing workout session I've EVER done. It's all girls and the two male trainers are lvoely and so supportive but they really do KICK OUR ARSES. I love it. They even bring us pink boxing gloves to use! :P

Peanut: my housemates aren't being as helpful as they were. Not intentionally, just we've all got distracted I think. One of them got ill last semester with stress and lost a lot of weight so is actually trying to get healthy again, but the other one is pretty good :)

KimWin: that vegetarian chilli recipe sounds good! could you possibly post it here? I'd like to try it for my veggie housemate! :)

mdchick: I really want to try 30 day shred. Everyone's been recommending it to me but at the moment I'm too ridiculously poor to afford it... :/

It's been a strange week. Since Friday before last I've been watching over all-day rehearsals for the opera we're performing this weekend, plus I've had tons of line-learning for Cabaret to do AND I've been ill (still am actually) with a cold and tiredness and just feeling like death in general. So my food's been kind of...chaotic. Someday's I've been angelic and others have just been an absolute nightmare! Roll on the end of this week when I can get back into a routine and sort my life out a bit, get some sleep, eat properly and hopefully get better! :)

Hope everyone's having a good week!

MissSMcC
03-01-2011, 11:53 AM
30 day shred is so tough! by the second set of cardio im dying lol
played wii sports boxing with my daughter last night and my arms are killing me, then this morning i had a meeting and the office we had been assigned was up 3 flights of very steep stairs so i think that counts as a workout (at least according to my legs it does!)
hope everyone is having a good day :)

KimWin
03-01-2011, 02:53 PM
@katylil- The entire 30 day shred series is on youtube, in three part 10 minute segments. There is even a playlist of it, so you don't have to keep hitting play at the beginning of every segment! Give it a whirl! I really liked it and do it when I want a different workout, but I gotta say, it's always been odd to me as it goes against the type of training she talks about. I would use it alternating with something else, not just doing it every day... Then again, to each their own! :)

VEGETABLE CHILI!!!

1T extra virgin olive oil
2 Red Bell Peppers
1.5 C chopped mushrooms
1 Large Onion
2 celery stalks (I add 3-5) such a great crunch!
3 garlic cloves
1 T chili powder
1 T dried oregano
1 t ground cumin
1/4 t salt (I use celtic sea salt)
2 cans (15 oz) pinto beans or kidney beans (I use kidney, white northern and pinto beans- also I use the dried kind)
1 Can No salt added tomatoes (you can even have chili ready flavoring!)
1/4 t crushed red pepper (optional)
*Heat oil and garlic then add peppers, mushrooms, onions, and celery. Cook until the veggies soften (~7 min)
Add all dried spices- cook 5 minutes, stirring to evenly coat all veggies
Add Beans and tomatoes with their juices.
Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally for about 20-30 minutes.

I seriously make this at least 2-3 times a month. It's so healthy and fresh and good for you! :) I have done some 20 variations, just using what I have on hand. Once i started everything and didn't have the tomatoes, so I used fresh roma tomatoes and some red pasta sauce (sugar free of course!) LOL It tasted pretty good!

I have also added fake ground beef to it, didn't like it as much.

However I have added whole wheat elbow mac before and it's SOOOOOO GOOD tasting like a goolash! I LOVE IT! :)

Well, did my 60th class today, got a bracelet for finishing my challenge and a round of applause! It felt great! I am about to do Tfire HIIT 15 (interval training) and a 35 minute Tfire Sculpt workout.

I also can't wait for dinner! OH MY! Bought 4 bunches of kale and i am going to add some garlic, red peppers and some ricotta cheese and make a lovely creamy kale with sauteed mushrooms! I wish I could eat it right now! LOL Oh wait, I just ate! Okay, I'll have to wait!

GO TEAM TULIP!!!!!

oOPeanutOo
03-01-2011, 05:32 PM
mdchick Ė Thatís good news if itís already getting easier for you!

KimWim Ė Awesome website! It looks there are heaps of yummy recipes. Iím definitely going to try your Chilli recipe. Iím not much of a cook but even I can follow that!

katylil Ė I hope that your roommate is a little less stressed this semester! Sorry to hear that youíre a bit under the weather. I think that the fact that you have had Ďgood daysí food wise this week is great. I know when Iím sick the last thing I want to think about is being on plan. Have you started rehearsals for your starring roll yet or is it too early for that?

MissSMcC Ė Any day that you have to take the stairs over the Elevator definitely counts as extra calories burned! Before I started I couldnít make it up half a flight of stairs without needing a break.

Itís going to be a relatively low key day for me today. I have the day off as there are bathroom renovations happening at my place and someone has to be home to supervise all the tradies. Is it wrong that Iím hoping that theyíre young and cute instead of middle aged men?

mdchick88
03-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Kim - I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow and I am absolutely getting the ingredients to make that chili!!! I never get enough veggies in a day, and I can tell I would devour that stuff!

Peanut - Were the bathroom guys cute? Haha ain't nothin' wrong with hoping for some attractive men!!

Even though 30DS still kicked my booty today, I was able to get through all of it without stopping!! Well, okay, I skipped 2 of the bajillion lunges, but still, wayyy better than the past few days!

oOPeanutOo
03-02-2011, 01:13 AM
mdchick - Sadly they weren't :( It wasn't even a case of "they look alright from a certain angle". All 3 of the tradies were a lot older than I was hoping for!

KimWin
03-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Glad you guys are liking the website and the chili recipe! I have a theory about Vegetarian/Vegan food and it's this: "if it's good, people will eat it!" LOL

Sooooo, I did Tfire30 today and also Tfire Tone with a resistance band. I am sore! LOL I am going to Bikram in about 30 minutes and then home to read and go look for a new bike helmet!

Have a great day! Think, almost time for our challenge to begin!!!!

MaddieBPhoto
03-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I soooo wish we'd started this week! I'm kickin' a$$ & takin' names! 5.6lbs since Thursday. :D

Hi, I'm Andrea! I'm 27, married, mama, photographer. I want to be healthy, fit & active for MYSELF, my hubs & to be a great example to our daughter. I don't want her to struggle like I did & the best way is to show her how to do it right. :) I'm heading to CA in 2 weeks to see family who haven't met my daughter, so I'm working my a$$ off to hit 165 - judgmental mom. =/ I want to look HOT getting off that plane.

MissSmcC - I'm calorie counting, 30 day shredding. I've lost 20lbs since Christmas, so it seems to be working great.

Kim - I wanna try that chili recipe!! Any idea how many calories in a serving? And what a serving size is?

MD - Woohoo on shredding! Yesterday was much easier, but those lunges kill me too. The push-ups are what make me want to yell EFF YOU!

dj mayhem
03-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Hey everyone! I''m on team tulip and this is my first BL challenge! I'm really excited! I just have one question: what does SW stand for?

mdchick88
03-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Starting weight :) When I first joined 3fc, it took me at least 3 months to figure out all of the acronyms haha

Welcome to the challenge!!

oOPeanutOo
03-03-2011, 12:17 AM
KimWin Ė I just finished making your Chili recipe for a friend and it was a hit!

MadisonAvePhoto Ė 5.6lbs!! Thatís Awesome! How old is your daughter?

dj mayhem Ė Welcome aboard :wave:

MaddieBPhoto
03-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Peanut - she's 7 months!! Such a fun age!

angeluv
03-03-2011, 11:10 AM
KimWin - i can't wait to try this chilli..it looks really good. I'm not a vegetarian so i'll probably add some ground chicken to it but this looks so simple. Every other chilli i've tried to make is so complicated. and i wish i had your dedication to yoga but there is no way i could do hot yoga.

MadisonAvePhoto - i'm sure you will look hot coming off that plane. just stay focused..your not even that far from 165.

i can't wait to start this challenge...i'm hoping it will get my butt in gear. I really need to start exercising and sticking to my plan.

how do i get that pretty team tulip banner?

katylil
03-03-2011, 11:24 AM
angeluv: I posted the code for it! just copy it (delete the spaces) and add it to your signature code :)

JLNichols07
03-03-2011, 03:43 PM
First off I wanted to start out with some personals:
Southern: Thank you!
Peanut: You know I went to the doctor 2 or 3 times because of it and they couldn't figure out what it was and just kept telling me that maybe it was from where I was a bit congested...and eventually it went away and hasn't came back yet (thank god!)....I hope it doesn't come back too...or else I'll be really pestering the doctors!
Madison: No secret. Probably doing the same thing everyone else is doing on here. Calorie counting & exercising 20-40 minutes a day! :) Thanks!
Katy: Hi again!! Thanks for making the Tulip Banner! It's nice!

Hi everyone! I've been busy busy with cleaning up my house and doing homework. Spring Break is next week and I can't wait because I sure do need a break (too bad it won't be much because I still have massive homework to catch up on!). As for the challenge..I can't wait until it starts up. I'm hoping to lose anywhere from 7-9 pounds this time around anymoer than that would be great. As for my food intake today it's been good so far ..I still need to get on working out and for anyone that has a PS3 and hasn't tried Active Sports..they really need too! It's very addicting and has good results. Other than that. I hope everyone is having a great day..it's suppose to be in the 60's here today so I'm going to take my kids to the park and do a little shopping! :) TTYL.

KimWin
03-03-2011, 07:08 PM
@Peanut- so glad you like the chili! :) It's fantastic and easy! :)

@Angelluv- do me a favor and try not add the chicken the first time! :) I mean if you do, you do. But you'd be amazed at the great flavors and nutrients you get without adding GMOs things! :) You don't need to be a vegetarian to enjoy this simple dish! :) ALso, I don't do hot yoga, I do Bikram. Small technicality, I know. LOL But there is actually quite a big difference. Anyway, I love it! LOL I bet you could find something you love as much, it's always out there! :)

Speaking of, off to yoga and then a meeting at the yoga studio! :) I am doing a 45 minute ballet routine today for my workout. I was going to do it yesterday since it was my rest day, but I decided to do a cardio and weight dvd instead due to time. I flipped my rest days!

TTYL K

mdchick88
03-03-2011, 10:07 PM
katy - love the banner! My sig is already really long, but I'm trying to play around with it so it'll fit :)

I'm sooo ready for this challenge to start! I'm stuck at this stupid plateau and I need some extra motivation. Today will be Day 6 of 30DS - if I can get off my a$$ to do it. It's definitely getting easier, but Level 2 is coming soon, and I'm sure I'll get my butt handed to me courtesy of Jillian Michaels.

oOPeanutOo
03-03-2011, 10:12 PM
MadisonAvePhoto Ė Awww, she must be adorable. I bet your family are beyond excited to see her.

angeluv Ė Definitely give the chilli a shot without the chicken. Iím not a Vegetarian either but the flavours really work.

JLNichols07 Ė Itís great to hear that it went away but I hate it when Doctors canít give you a proper reasoning for whatís going on.

KimWin Ė Ballet for exercise sounds pretty cool. Do you get involved in that just for the fun of it or do you actually perform?

mdchick Ė You can totally get off your a$$ to do it!!!

I have 4 hours of work left before the weekend and it really canít come soon enough. Iíve had the worst day and itís seriously stressing my out. It seems like everyone wants everything done yesterday and I just donít have enough hands to make everyone happy. When Iím stressed I tend to eat without really thinking so have eaten more than my fair share of M&Ms. Hopefully my day gets better!

mdchick88
03-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Kim - I <3 ballet :) I was in ballet from age 4 through 18, and it was my favorite thing in the world! I still do it every now and then, when I don't feel like really working out.

MissSMcC
03-04-2011, 10:44 AM
testing banner...

MissSMcC
03-04-2011, 10:47 AM
yay its there! ooh its getting close to start date, feeling a bit nervous, i think this challenge will give me the kick up the bum i need.

oOPeanutOo
03-04-2011, 10:55 AM
mdchick88 - Did you end up doing 30DS??

MissSMcC - No need to be nervous. We're all in this together so if you feel a little bit overwhelmed just come here and post so we can help you through.

MissSMcC
03-04-2011, 11:14 AM
thanks peanut, its my daughters birthday on april 7th so hopefully i'll have lost a bit by then.

KimWin
03-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Gooood morning! I am feeling so good! Yesterday was a tough one, but I did well with my eating! I had yoga in the morning and then a meeting at the studio and then I got home and just wanted to eat some chili, read a book and clean up the house....

I am pulling down the street and I see what looks like my mom and dad and a strange lady snooping around the house going back toward the lake! I was like, "no no no no no." I pulled into the driveway to find their car in it as well. I had so much massive cleaning to do in the house before showing it off to my Aunt (and my mom, she is the worse- LOL) sooooo, i made a mad dash to get everything thrown somewhere! LOL I needed a shower in a bad way and then the doorbell is ringing! LOL Sooooo, did the family thing and went out to lunch... I ordered a healthy meal that was supposed to be a wrap, but the wrap tasted like cardboard and so i ditched it and pretty much had a salad. Proud of that!

Then at night, my husband wanted to go out to eat and we started "fantastizing" about all of our favorite places, like Indian food or Thai food and instead, we totally ate in! I made french onion soup with a piece of low fat swiss cheese and sprouted bread! Super yummy! :)

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting this challenge going too, I need some extra motivation! :)

Sooo, Bikram today and then going to do Tfire 55 and Extreme Abs 15. Tomorrow, I have a full day of Bikram, a hike on Camelback (the premiere place to hike in the Valley) and perhaps will squeeze in Tfire 30, although an hour to two hour hike may just be my workout! My aunt thinks she is ready for it, but we'll see! :) LOL

Super excited for this challenge! What are your plans of attack?!?!?!? I know that having sugar free creamsicles will help me get through some "dessert cravings." At only 20 calories a pop, you better believe a few boxes will be in there! LOL

In regards to ballet, I don't perform anywhere or anything like that. In fact, I only took lessons when very young. I am more or less was a break dancer, which is where my knee injury came from which is why i say "more or less" I just love to dance. period. Anywhere. In the supermarket I do pirouettes down the aisles! LOL I stay late in the bikram studio and do breaking moves, or in my house (all tile on the main floor) I do full on dance routines! SO FUN! :) Anyway, the ballet workouts are just fun and use different muscles! :) Ballet is amazing and in a next life, I'd like to be a serious dancer.... Or I would really like to be a bad a$$ parkour dude! LOL

Okay, I am rambling! LOL Thanks for listening and have a great day! SO EXCITED FOR THE CHALLENGE! LET'S GO TEAM TULIP!!!!

Bulletproof Heart
03-04-2011, 01:30 PM
@KimWin

Sounds like you had a pretty good day :D and made good choices eating!!! I never heard of sugar free creamsicles might go looking for them next time I go to the store!

KimWin
03-04-2011, 05:21 PM
@KimWin

Sounds like you had a pretty good day :D and made good choices eating!!! I never heard of sugar free creamsicles might go looking for them next time I go to the store!

They are so good! I also have sf fudgesicles and sf popsicles. I have tried many brands and ironically, the cheapest and best tasting brand is KROGER, a generic brand from Frys. I don't know if you have those where you live... Also, I saw a sf neopolitan ice cream... but that sounds like a bad idea. SF doesn't mean calories free! LOL

Well, I'm home from yoga and looking forward to doing my cardio tonight and making some bbq tofu for dinner! :) Have a great weekend!

I gotta say, I LOVE THIS THREAD! We are going to do great!:carrot:

mdchick88
03-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Peanut - I certainly did :D I can honestly say that if it were not for this site, I would skip workouts a LOT. I just never want to have to say "no, I skipped my workout, ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's, a whole pizza, and a stick of butter"... the accountability is sooo helpful for me!

Kim - sugar free fudgesicles?!?!??! are they delish or do they taste kind of sugar free? Do you know how many cals they have?

I'm spiking my calories tomorrow, hoping that will help my plateau issue. And my weight will be higher on Sunday obviously, so hopefully that will mean a bigger loss the first week ;)

oOPeanutOo
03-04-2011, 10:29 PM
MissSMcC Ė Iím sure youíll be well on your way by April 7th!

KimWin Ė Donít you hate the unannounced drop in? Especially when there is cleaning to be done. Hahaha, pirouettes down the aisles.. Is that while youíre alone or youíre happy to just do them regardless of whoís around?

Bulletproof Heart Ė I love your Username! I meant to comment on it before but I keep forgetting.

mdchick88 Ė Hahaha, you had me in stitches with the Ďstick of butterí comment.

I just jumped on the scales to see how Iíd be fairing for Sunday and man I am a kilo (like 2lbs) up from where I was last week. I had a bit of an off day yesterday so am hoping that a day on plan and extra water will get me back down.

Whatís on for the weekend girls? Does anyone have anything exciting planned?

Krizstyling
03-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Helllo ladies! Keep trying to remember to check in with you ladies! So glad to see so many active people on our team!!!!! Makes me think we are DEFINITELY going to WIN by Losing!!

Tomorrow is our FINAL weigh-in, measurements and fitness test for our 8-week boot camp challenge! I go in for my assessment at 9am! Wish me luck! I Need all I can get!!!!!!

Then at 6pm-9pm we are having our awards ceremony. I am PRAYING for 1st place. I can't WAIT to just get it over with!!!!!!! UGH!!!! LOL I NEEEED first place! 1 year of boot camp free plus AWESOME prizes? YES PLEASE!!! Esp when BC is 200 a month! 1 year free would be AMAZING! Anywayyyyyyy, I'm nervous, as if you can't tell! Just ate my last meal until AFTER the weigh-in =)

Krizstyling
03-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Peanut - I certainly did :D I can honestly say that if it were not for this site, I would skip workouts a LOT. I just never want to have to say "no, I skipped my workout, ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's, a whole pizza, and a stick of butter"... the accountability is sooo helpful for me!

I'm spiking my calories tomorrow, hoping that will help my plateau issue. And my weight will be higher on Sunday obviously, so hopefully that will mean a bigger loss the first week ;)

Hahahaha @ Stick of butter. On the spiking note, I like the way you think!

oOPeanutOo
03-05-2011, 04:47 AM
Krizstyling - Good Luck tomorrow! Just remember that you worked your a$$ off for this so stay positive. Make sure you come back and tell us all how you go after you get your assessment.

MissSMcC
03-05-2011, 05:51 AM
good luck krizstyling we'll all be rooting for you! :)

katylil
03-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Good luck Krizstyling!!! :)

mdchick88
03-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Good luck krizstyling!!! I know you've been working SO hard, I think you've got this in the bag! And, even if you don't win, you've accomplished so much - which is a reward in itself, right?
Way to go! I'll be sending skinny vibes your way :)

Bulletproof Heart
03-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Good Luck Krizstyling!!!!!!

Krizstyling
03-05-2011, 02:16 PM
omg! YOU GIRLS ARE AMAAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! Thank you thank you for your well wishes!!!!!! I needed it! Won't find out til tonight (awards ceremony is 6pm-9pm EST) if I placed or not but I'm praying!

Here's the rundown of fitness testing in under a minute, trick is, once you start, you can't stop, if you do, you're done.

Beginning of challenge I had
9 regular push ups - Now: 26
8 Burpees - Now 16
Plank - First time I held it for one minute, this time I held it for 2 minutes.
Sit ups - 30 - Now 32 - I'm SOOO PISSED HERE!! I think I was exhausted from push ups and not giving myself time to rest really messed me up so I'll only get 2 points of improvement on this and I'm NOT happy!!!

As for weight, I lost a total of 15.6lbs over the past 8 weeks for a body percentage of weight loss of 8.3%.

I don't know my measurements yet but my BMI went from 30.2 to I THINK 27.6 but he wouldn't let us see our sheets afterward so these numbers are the closest to what I THINK they are.

He took our measurements so I'll give you guys the full deets when I get them.

I think the sit ups may have hindered me, by only gaining 2 on them I think I really set myself up so hopefully I lost some MAJOR inches. Altho improving that much on my push ups has to help. Here's to prayer!

You girls are SOOOOOOOOO Amazing for all your well wishes! I just hope I can do you guys proud tonight! All of your support on 3FC has been AMAZING!

MaddieBPhoto
03-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Ahhh Kriz!!! I wanna know!!!!

MissSMcC
03-05-2011, 05:07 PM
kriz thats amazing, i couldnt do a single push up never mind 26 of them, well done!
although i am very proud of myself because there is an open tub of choccie biscuits about 3 feet away yet im sitting here eating an apple, so go me lol.

Krizstyling
03-05-2011, 05:31 PM
kriz thats amazing, i couldnt do a single push up never mind 26 of them, well done!
although i am very proud of myself because there is an open tub of choccie biscuits about 3 feet away yet im sitting here eating an apple, so go me lol.

Girl please, when I first started I couldn't do one full push up on my knees even!!! Now I've come full circle and do them only in full position. You'll get there too, It's crazy how our bodies WANT IT!

As for the choc cookies, mmmmmmm!! Yes, GO YOU!! It's so hard for me to avoid temptation!

Madison - AHHH!!! ME TOO!!!! LOL, Seriously I have an hour in a half til the ceremony starts and I'm like wow, if he reads my name out second, I'll know what it feels like to be in the Miss America Pageant. You know, where runner up or 3rd place has to force a smile even tho they are pissed? I've been practicing my forced smile, just in case! ****, I may not even place!! LOL

Headed out soon!! Will post when I return! I <3 you girls!

MaddieBPhoto
03-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Kriz - I clearly have OCD. I keep checking to see if you've updated! I'll go look at Facebook for 2 mins & then think "Ah! She may have gotten on!" So, I go check. :) Hurry up! I'm dying to know!

oOPeanutOo
03-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Kriz – Those are awesome results girl!!! 15.6lbs in 8 weeks, I’d so take that. We’re all dying to know if you won so I can only imagine how nerve-wracking your day has been. Don’t keep us in suspense any more than absolutely necessary!!!

JLNichols07
03-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Hey everyone! ....Weighed in this morning and I have been up .8 in the past 2 days...urgg I'm hoping for a woosh tomorrow! **FINGERS crossed** TOM is going to be here soon...urgg!!

MaddieBPhoto
03-05-2011, 10:56 PM
JL - I was up a pound today even after being under on my cals yesterday. I'm convinced there is a scale b*tch that lives inside it to ruin our day. ;) I've had a couple whooshes the last week, so I'm hoping for another one in the morning.

Can't wait for our challenge to start!!

mdchick88
03-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Kriz - what was the verdict?!? I can't go to sleep until I know ;)

Krizstyling
03-06-2011, 12:05 AM
haha Love you md!!! Loveeeeeeeee you! LOL

I got 2nd. I am pretty bummed about it considering the girl who won did all of her push ups on her knees and planks too. I could do 50 pushups on my knees EASILY, i feel like I should have gotten extra points or somethign for doing them the right way but whatever. I got second!

So I won a 60 minute massage, 3 months of BC for free (600 dollar value!!), a Carols Daughter gift bag anddddd a $50 dollar Visa gift card. Plus, I got my health back!

So I'm pleased but as you guys can see, sorta a sore loser. Well I didn't lose per-say because I came in 2nd out of a LOT of reallyyyyyyyyy strong women and I'm pleased with that!!!!!

Thanks SOOOOOOO much for all of your support! I HAVE been a nervous wreck ALL Day so this weekend I'm going to enjoy some chocolate cake and even some fries! Then on Monday, I'm back at it full force!!!! I am glad to just have this stress gone to be honest! LOL

Bulletproof Heart
03-06-2011, 12:23 AM
@Krizstyling

Congrats!!! Even if you didnt get first you got a place!!! And like you said your health :D which is most important!!! You should have got the extra points for the push ups :lol: or they should have made people do them one way, but its so awesome that you won something :D !!!!!!

Krizstyling
03-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Thank you Bulletproof!!! (Love that name!) I agree!!!

Figured I'd post my full assessment so you guys could see. No judgement please! I know I am not where I need to be..yet! Hahaha, but figured I'd post it because in all honesty, I AM proud of my achievement, even if it was 2nd place and not 1st!

So these are the results of my 8-week fitness challenge!

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/507/finalassessment.jpg

oOPeanutOo
03-06-2011, 02:12 AM
MadisonAve Ė Hahahaha @ ďscale b*tchĒ. I think that just made my day!

Krizstyling Ė A huge congrats on taking out second place. Your results are amazing and you landed some pretty cool prizes. You really should be proud so don't let anyone take that away! Iíd take your results in a heartbeat.

Bulletproof Heart
03-06-2011, 02:35 AM
@Krizstyling

Oh wow those are some pretty awesome changes!!! As for my name its a song by my favorite band, my chemical romance :lol:

mdchick88
03-06-2011, 09:22 AM
WOW - you did awesome!! Yeah, girl pushups shouldn't count for as much. I do my 30 DS pushups on my knees (I think it's 2 sets of 15) but I don't think I could do more than 5 regular. And HOLY CRAP at your measurements - especially waist and hips! And BMI. and BF %. Well dang, I guess everything haha. In only 8 weeks?! Where do I sign up for this boot camp thing lol

audri8301
03-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Kriz - Awesome job! You totally should have gotten more points for doing it the hard way, but at least you have increased your fitness by a ton and dropped a lot of pounds, plus three more months of bootcamp for free is great! You are such an inspiration to everyone around here, keep going girl!

I'm going to try to be a bit more active in chat this challenge. I tend to get a bit behind and then get overwhelmed by all of the posts. This time my plan is to just not worry about it and jump in when I have stuff to say.

I'm Audra and I'm 28. I teach eighth grade reading, extended English, and Spanish 1A (to sixth graders) in Virginia. I'm starting off the challenge around 167 and hope to hit the 150's by the end of this thing. I'm actually taking part in another Biggest Loser type challenge in real life that ends on April 23, so any progress I can make by then would be great. I'm mostly calorie counting, but have been having a rough time sticking to 1700ish a day because I have been eating way too much junk and too many carbs!

JLNichols07
03-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Kriz: Girl you should be proud those are some pretty big accomplishments :) Congrats!

BLAH! That's how I feel! TOM is right around the corner and my stomach is letting me know because it's CRAMPY and BLOATED. urgh! Although I'm hoping for some drops in weight tomorrow morning..I'm not holding my breath! Worked out for 30 minutes tonight and ate within calories so any changes on the scale are merely due to TOM almost being here. Did I mention I'm SUPER hungry. lol. Please let it come and go FAST!

Hows everyone doing? Pretty excited here that the challenge has started..Hoping for some good results again this time round'!

Krizstyling
03-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Thank you ladies!! I must say, I LOVEEEEEE my team this challenge and I have no doubt that we are gonna breeze through an easy win, and easy losses for all of us as long as we have each other to fall back on!

Audra I had NO idea you were a teacher!! I <3 you even more!! What teachers do for our country has always touched my heart, so much work and you guys don't get recognized NEARLY as much as you should so BRAVO and THANK YOU!

JL - You're going to kick butt AGAIN, WATCH!!! I want to follow you around for a day so I can do what you do! LOL

md - Once I got to 20 knee pushups (Took 3 months) I then started trying regular pushups, doing as many as I could. If it was just one, it was just one. But I kept going and doing those instead. FINALLY I can do a good amount but when I first started I couldn't even do ONE knee pushup. The thing about the challenge was, I KNOW that girl was playing possum ya know? There's no way you can only do 10 knee pushups and in 8 weeks you jump to 50. NO WAY IN ****. ****, even 20 knee pushups to 50 knee pushups doesn't make sense.

I just don't like cheaters or people who don't try their hardest but whatevz! I placed and I'm happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, on to the REAL challenge, TEAM TULIP!!!!

ruby5839
03-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Kriz, Congrats! Those are some amazing accomplishments in 2 months. You should be very proud :)

I'm super excited for this challenge! I'm ready to get my butt in gear and start working out and eating better. I promised myself I would reach my goal weight by my 25th bday (which is this summer), so hopefully these next few weeks will help me get on way to reaching my goal by then.

Hope everyone has a great week! Go Team Tulip!!

oOPeanutOo
03-06-2011, 11:56 PM
audri8301 Ė Wow, youíre already 75lbs down!! Thatís amazing progress.

JLNichols07 Ė At least you know youíre doing everything right when it comes to calories and exercise. TOM sucks the life out of me too so look forward to the drop on the scale over the next few days!

Krizstyling Ė Are they setting up any other challenges for you guys at BC or was the one you just completed a once a year kinda deal?

ruby5839 Ė Like Kriz said, weíve got a great team so hopefully we can give you an extra push to be well on your way to goal.

I donít have any scale news to report, nothing has changed since weigh in. I do have the day off (Itís Monday for me already). My friend dislocated his shoulder yesterday and boys always like to make a huge deal about how much pain theyíre in. I totally got sucked in and called in sick to help him out today. Heís more fun than work so I guess I canít complain :)

mdchick88
03-07-2011, 12:14 AM
less than an hour to post your starting weights!!

audri - wow, 8th grade is a difficult year, probably making it that much harder to teach them!! My little sister is in 8th grade now, and I can only imagine teaching 30 of her at a time. You are my hero haaha!

Krizstyling
03-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Peanut - That was just a New Year New You Challenge, something to kick start the new year and get us back into gear after all of the Holiday feasts!

He also does a Crazy 8, It's 8 days (4x a week for two weeks) where it's CONSTANT work out and it's like CRAZYYYYYYYYness, seriously like death. I'm not sure I'm gonna participate in that but it's not a contest haha and I think he is going to do another contest for the "Falling into Fall" or something but not sure!

For now it's just back to regular boot camp! =)

Ruby - Thank you!

audri8301
03-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Awww, thanks Kriz and mdchick! It definitely takes up a TON of time and can be little hectic, but overall I love it. I don't know if I could deal with 7th graders though, by 8th they calm down a little bit and get a little more serious since they have to get ready for high school.

Thanks peanut! It's been about 14 months and I just keep slowly plugging away. Right now I am just trying to get out of the obese range and then I'll drop the ticker to the real goal (125ish). Enjoy your day off!

Hope you guys all have a great Monday! I can't wait for BodyCombat tonight, my schedule has been a little off the last couple of weeks so I haven't been making it to that particular class and it's my favorite.

Bulletproof Heart
03-07-2011, 09:46 AM
My plans on walking today were killed because of SNOW in MARCH that should so not happen D: unless it can get me out of my night classes but dont think it will ughhh at least im out of 280s that brings me up, anyone else get the random snow??

KimWin
03-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Goooooood morning everyone! WOAH- busy busy posts I LOVE IT!! Feeling great great great and looking forward to losing weight weight weight! LOL :)

Oh my gosh, I was busy with family over the weekend (no more drop-ins all planned, and yes I can't stand them!) we did some hiking up Camelback Mountain, went to my favorite place to eat and well, just visited. It was nice! :)

Anyway, I missed a lot and will need to catch up on some posts! So I'm sorry if I can't address people, I will later after I workout and go to yoga sometime this afternoon! :)

Hmmm, sf popsicles, I LOVE THEM! The particular brand we buy doesn't taste bad at all! They are by Kroger, a generic brand from Frys. I have had some by Popsicles brand I thought they would be good since they were more expensive, but nope! Kroger has creamsicles, popsicles and also fudgsicles. Anywhere from 20-40 calories per popsicle. Really not bad. I can admit I had been a bit out of control over the weekend, but usually only eat 2 after dinner. Sometimes, I melt the fudgesicle over 1.2 T of Natural Peanut butter and then add some unsweetened coconut... SO GOOD! :)

I am going to do a 20m HIIT Interval workout followed by a 20 minute cardio circuit training and then off to Bikram for my afternoon session, then back home to read your lovely posts and then back to bikram for my night session with the hubby!

So, i need to eat better! LOL All my friends would say I eat pretty well, and I DO! But, when I'm trying to get from 140- to 130 I need to eat ON POINT all the time. Sooooo, that is my commitment to me, you guys and well our challenge! :)

My 5 pounds of organic green barley grass just came in over the weekend and I have been playing with some smoothie recipes. I have a feeling that is what I will be doing for lunch today, perhaps with a side of kale. For dinner, more than likely going to have some soup.

Anyway, hoping all is well with everyone! LET'S GO TEAM TULIP!!!!!!!!:carrot:

katylil
03-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Hey guys, won't do personals cos I'm way behind on catching up with everyone but I've had a quick read-through and I'm SO excited for thsi challenge! :)

Congrats Kriz on placing!!!! :D that's some awesome results you got going!!

I've had a(nother) strange week. The opera I was working backstage on has now finished (THANK GOD) but from spending so much time locked in a room with 50 other people, we've all caught some bug and I'm now ill!

It's annoying because it's not even proper sickness, just a massive cold and feeling drained all the time. I thought I was going to pass out right at the very beginning of my dance class this morning which is BAD as my housemates and I had pizza last night and I really wanted a good workout :( the only good thing is that along with my energy, my appetite's gone too (a SURE sign I'm ill!) which means that I've not been eating a lot - even with pizza last night I was well within my calories.

Hopefully I'll get some sleep, get some hot drinks through my system and I'll be back in business tomorrow :)

Hope everyone's having a good week!!! xxx

KimWin
03-07-2011, 11:44 AM
@KimWin

My plans on walking today were killed because of SNOW in MARCH that should so not happen D: unless it can get me out of my night classes but dont think it will ughhh at least im out of 280s that brings me up, anyone else get the random snow??

SNOW IN MARCH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Horrible! LOL Sorry to hear it, it's absolutely gorgeous out in AZ! The windows are open, the cats are on the balcony and the birds are playing in the lake! :( Soon, my friend. Soon. I totally know about the snow as I'm from MPLS so yeah... perhaps one more big snow and then you are home free! :)

KimWin
03-07-2011, 02:00 PM
SO am i obsessed with all you lovely ladies or what?!?!? :hug:

I finished my workouts early and feeling great! I wanted to catch up and so here I am... again!

@Peanut- Pirouettes down aisle when I'm buy myself without a cart, just running in for a quick something or other! LOL People think I am strange, but sometimes I have my ipod in or just a song in my head! LOL There is something about tile and large amounts of it that make me need to dance... My friends and I back in the midwest (and day) would just bust some floor breakdancing moves EVERYwhere! LOL So, not quite as all out as I used to be!

@Kris- great job with bootcamp, you placed and lost weight and feel great! :carrot: That is such an accomplishment! Sure, first would have been nice, but you are a real winner! :) Hooray! :)

@jl- I am totally up pounds too! Not too bad, but I also feel all bloated waiting for my TOM to arrive... I just want it here so I can push through it and feel better and lose those two pounds again! LOL The important thing is to keep going through it though! :)

@Madison- "b*tch scale" :D Hilarious! I totally know how you feel. Sometimes I can't believe the numbers (err, when they are not moving) and sometimes I'm like, "wow this is magical and working Fabulously (when it is moving." LOL Granted, i know it's me and what I'm eating... Le sigh. LOL we will get it moving though, that is what it is all about!

@KATYLIN- Opera?!?!? That is so cool! Oh and a bug , that totally sucks! Try googling or youtubing "Garlic Greens Soup." I make it in rotation with my chilis and other soups and well, I NEVER get sick! Everybody at the yoga studio is sick sick right now, but me. I haven't been sick in about 5 years, minus last January for about 2 days when my little 4 and 3 year old niece and nephew came to stay with me. Their germs basically took over. But, i ate the soup and got better during the stay and they were still sick! LOL Give it a try at the frst sign of a cold or during the middle. It's super nutrious and low on calories and filling! :) Not to mention DELISH!

Okay, soooooooooooooooooo. Let's do this thing! I am ready, able and motivated. I have been saying that but you know, it's time! :) :carrot: Have a great afternoon! :)

oOPeanutOo
03-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Kriz Ė If he ends up putting on another challenge, youíll have to join so you can beat Ďhalf pushup girlí.

audri8301 Ė If someone told me Iíd be down 75lbs in 14 months Iíd take it in an instant! How did BodyCombat go?

Bulletproof Heart Ė Sucks when the weather ruins your plans! It doesnít snow where I live so I only have rain to contend with when itís cold.

KimWin Ė Itís awesome that your hubby is into Bikram yoga as well. Itís always nice to have someone to tag along to those kinds of things. What are the benefits of incorporating the Barley Grass into your diet?

Katylil Ė Boo to being sick! Hopefully youíre feeling a bit better now.

I actually had a bit of a NSV today. I work in a busy 8 story building and when I was carrying a lot more weight Iíd still attempt to take the stairs because it took too long to wait for the lift. I couldnít make it up half a flight without a rest. Iíve been up and down the stairs all morning and Iím not out of breath anymore. Yay me!

mdchick88
03-07-2011, 11:24 PM
katylil - I think everyone in the universe is sick! My professor came to class today and lectured WITH THE FLU. Like, really? Cancel class - I promise we won't care. Now I'm feeling a little gross and I better not hear one word from him if I miss his class because I caught something from him coughing all over the place!!

ok, whew! rant over.

peanut - that's an awesome NSV!! I actually had a similar one today - I work at an apartment complex, and I was touring an apartment on the 3rd floor. I talk the whole way up, trying to schmooze and all, and I'm always winded by the time I get to the top, to the point where I can't really talk without gasping for air. Today I didn't even realize it, but there was no out-of-breath moment! Also, you probably have been burning a LOT of cals walking up and down those steps all day... keep it up!

Kim - I am googling the sf fudgesicles as I type this... I live in the boondocks where we probably have 3 brands of bread available, but maybe I'll get lucky on the fudgesicle front.

Bulletproof - how far north are you in PA? It was, like, 50 or 60 here in MD today, I would be banging my head against the wall if it was snowing!!

I'm still plateauing, but I'm trying to stay positive. I've been really grumpy because of it for the past couple of weeks, and I'm realizing it's not helping me to be so cranky. So I'm trying to have a better attitude (I'll let you know how that goes - bf will most certainly let me know if I'm still being a crankypants)

Bulletproof Heart
03-07-2011, 11:32 PM
@mdchick88
I live in central PA the snow is pretty much melting at least maybe ill try going for a walk thursday or maybe even tomorrow I have to get over this fear or whatever it is of walking outside by myself :lol:

oOPeanutOo
03-08-2011, 03:21 AM
mdchick88 Ė Haha, no one ever cares when class is cancelled! Congrats on your very own NSV. Iím not sure Iím up to conversation stage just yet but Iíll get there. Hang in there with the plateau! Hopefully youíll see a change in the numbers soon.

Bulletproof Heart Ė Are there any other indoor activities that you might be able to tackle when itís snowing?

MissSMcC
03-08-2011, 06:02 AM
hey wee chicks, didnt come on here at all yesterday so a bit behind with the posts, was stuck in a stuffy office for 8 hours yesterday listening to some woman rattle on about kitchen hygiene, followed by an exam i could've passed even before the eight hour lecture! fell into bed and slept for ten hours lol. kept in my calories though so not all bad. hope evryone got their start weights in and had a good day xx

angeluv
03-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm behind on the chats. I'm also highly upset because I missed the first weigh in!! I weighed myself but I completely forgot to post it. But I'm not going to dwell on it and i'm just going to try to loose weight this week and post my weight next week. Hope everyone is doing well!

Bulletproof Heart
03-08-2011, 11:32 AM
@oOPeanutOo
I have an elliptical and I do some zumba videos from youtube :lol: also DDR but I still question how much of a work out that is....

JLNichols07
03-08-2011, 04:49 PM
A little behind on the chats! I hope everyone is doing well.. :)

Krizstyling
03-08-2011, 05:13 PM
It's Tuesday!!! We have the rest of the week left to keep at it and make a difference for Sunday's weigh in!! I just keep asking myself, on Sunday do I wanna be teh same weight or have lost some? Everytimeeeeee I want something outside of my calorie range.

Has worked so far...let's hope it keeps going!

oOPeanutOo
03-08-2011, 07:57 PM
MissSMcC Ė Good job keeping your calories in check with a busy day.

angeluv Ė Definitely keep going this week regardless of whether you weighed in or not!

Bulletproof Heart Ė DDR is definitely a good work out. The way I look at it is, if it gets you up and moving then itís doing you some good.

JLNichols07 Ė Still on plan this week?

Krizstyling Ė Good point. I think that will help me avoid the M&Ms today.

I totally just made an a$$ of myself in the office. I went to sit on my chair and nearly missed but was lucky enough to catch the edge of it so didnít fall straight down. Sadly the chair has wheels so I think saying Ďluckyí was premature seeing as all that did was make me slide back and then onto my butt because I couldnít keep my footing. Hmmm, not going to live that one down for a while.

mdchick88
03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
peanut - that sounds like something I would do!

angeluv - don't get upset, just post it next week!

Today I weighed in at 172.4! I was stuck, and it now appears that I'm unstuck :) I'm hoping to be 171 for weigh in - that would be the biggest loss week I've had since mid January.

katylil
03-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Peanut: definitely something that would happen to me!

mdchick: nice one md!!!! :D:D:D:D well done!!!

So today is the first day of Lent. I'm not religious but my housemates and I are giving up chocolate and alcohol for the next forty days for it, which I think will help curb the insatiable chocolate craving I've had recently!

Been good yesterday and today, stayed completely within my calories, even with yesterday's two pancakes :) we had a design day at Cabaret rehearsals so we got to see the kind of costumes we'll be wearing for the show which I think has scared me enough into seriously working on this!!!!! Images of myself in skimpy, flimsy babydoll dresses and stockings/suspender combos are giving me the push I need for this to happen! Aiming for 7lbs by the beginning of April. Bit of a high goal but I reckon I can do it.

Last BL Challenge, we had daily questions to get covnersation flowing and get to know our team mates, and we haven't had any yet this time so...

Wednesday/Thursday question: what eating/exercise plan do you follow? Why did you choose it?

I do calorie counting because it's the one thing that's worked for me over the years! I tried Weight Watchers and also a few fad diets but counting is what I know works, so I'm trying to stick to it! I do a lot of dancing as part of my course so this is my main exercise. I also walk everywhere (mainly because I'm just a poor student with no money for any other form of transport!)

Hope everyone's having a good week! :)

JLNichols07
03-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Peanut:...I've been doing good this week! Staying on plan and exercising! How bout you?

Hey everyone! I've been working my butt off this week working out..and I'm really hoping it reflects my weigh in on Sunday! ...We'll see though! TOM should be here anytime and I usually don't gain during TOM but I'm so bloated (sry TMI!) and I'm dreding it getting here But I hope everyone is doing good & staying on plan. GL! :)

glitterhairdye
03-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Woo you girls have been chatting a lot since the start of this thread.

Lately, I haven't been doing so well. I was following p90x but life got in the way and I fell off the band wagon and then I started eating badly again. I'm up a few pounds but as of right now I'm getting back on it. I really liked part of the p90x program but it was really geared towards arms and it was also 1-2 hours every day which is a lot considering I have to take care of a dog and walk him for an hour+ every day. I'm still doing c25k so that's something but I need something else that's a little less time consuming but pretty intense. Ideas, anyone??? Also, tomorrow I'm restarting the cal counting. I'm not going to get on the scale till weigh in either and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. I hate when I do this to myself and fall off the band wagon. But 22 years of bad habits are hard to get rid of at once.

Good job to everyone else and hopefully we can keep each other motivated!

glitterhairdye
03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Woo you girls have been chatting a lot since the start of this thread.

Lately, I haven't been doing so well. I was following p90x but life got in the way and I fell off the band wagon and then I started eating badly again. I'm up a few pounds but as of right now I'm getting back on it. I really liked part of the p90x program but it was really geared towards arms and it was also 1-2 hours every day which is a lot considering I have to take care of a dog and walk him for an hour+ every day. I'm still doing c25k so that's something but I need something else that's a little less time consuming but pretty intense. Ideas, anyone??? Also, tomorrow I'm restarting the cal counting. I'm not going to get on the scale till weigh in either and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. I hate when I do this to myself and fall off the band wagon. But 22 years of bad habits are hard to get rid of at once.

Good job to everyone else and hopefully we can keep each other motivated!

MissSMcC
03-09-2011, 06:21 PM
do they have pancake day in the US? we had it here in the UK yesterday, i made some with my friends and our kids, i was very good and only had one.

mdchick88
03-09-2011, 08:15 PM
MissSMcC - is that like Fat Tuesday? That's what we call the day before Ash Wednesday.

katylil - Yay for Lent! I haven't yet decided if I want to give up red meat or not (I think I will, because chocolate is totally not possible). Today is crappy because we are supposed to fast today, so I'm hungry and cranky. My boyfriend tells me he doesn't like to be around me when I haven't eaten because I get SO moody :o

And I like the idea of a daily/near-daily question!
I am a calorie counter, mainly because it seems like the most realistic thing to me. I want to make sure that I do something that I can do for the rest of my life, and I like to not feel like I have to eliminate a certain type of food. It's also really simple and you don't have to buy/subscribe to anything. I also try to watch my sodium and carbs, but I'm not really strict with that. I just make sure they're not getting out of control.

oOPeanutOo
03-10-2011, 12:21 AM
mdchick88 Ė Awesome News!! Hopefully the scale continues to go down for you.

katylil Ė Chocolate & Alcohol... I think either of those on their own would be hard to give up but both? With any luck youíll be able to get through it as a group.

JLNichols07 Ė So far so good for me. I think itís the best week Iíve had so far.

glitterhairdye Ė We all have bad weeks. The important thing is that youíre picking yourself up and getting back on plan. Howís C25k working for you?

MissSMcC Ė We have that as well in Oz. I decided to skip the pancakes this year. Well done for stopping at One.

Wednesday/Thursday question: what eating/exercise plan do you follow? Why did you choose it?
Calorie Counting for me as well. To be honest, I havenít really tried anything else. I considered Jenny Craig & Weight Watchers but I didnít like the fact that I may have to attend meetings or see or a consultant. The whole points thing with Weight Watchers was also too confusing for me. I donít have an actual exercise plan in place. Iíve recently started walking (at a very slow pace) and that seems to be helping.

MissSMcC
03-10-2011, 05:56 AM
im calorie counting too, in the past ive done atkins, weight watchers and slimfast, they worked but i just gained all the weight back (and more!), but for me calorie counting is less a diet more a lifestyle.

ChubbyBride325
03-11-2011, 03:48 AM
Hi everyone! I hope it's ok for me to pop in on the chat. I haven't been on since my weigh in....I have had a TON of stuff going on lately! I'm amazed that I even remembered to do my weigh in. All 3 of my kids have taken turns being sick over the past few weeks. My four year old (who was the first to get sick) still isn't better after 2 rounds of antibiotics that were 10 days each. I have taken him to 4appointments with his pediatrician in 3 weeks. Now he is having new symptoms that have nothing to do with the strep he was originally diagnosed with & they are doing some tests to see if they can locate the problem. So visit #5 happens tomorrow! On top of all of this, we had a death in our family last week. Take all that & add in last minute wedding plans & juggling the kids to and from school & T-ball practice and what you get is major stress!!

Anywho, the good news is that I have managed to stay on track with good eating habits through all of this! =) I have had to skip a workout here & there but I am still losing. So overall I would say I'm doing great!

I'm sorry to ramble about my problems. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still on track and that I will be doing my weigh in each week, even if I can't be on to join in on chatting with everyone as much as I would like. I didn't mean to pop in & throw myself a pity party or anything, but I have to admit that it felt really good to just vent about the things that are stressing me out. So I hope that's ok. I hope all of you ladies are doing well and having much success reaching your goals!

Please, if you pray, say a prayer for my little boy. He has been very sick today & it scares me to think that the doctors can't help him if they don't know what the problem is.

oOPeanutOo
03-11-2011, 05:14 AM
ChubbyBride Ė Aww Iím so sorry to hear about your little boy!! You werenít rambling at all, sometimes it helps just to get it off your chest. The fact that youíre still on track is amazing so just stop by whenever you get a chance. Thereís no pressure to keep up with the chat. I hope the kiddo is better soon!!!

MissSMcC
03-11-2011, 05:41 AM
chubbybride- thinking of your wee boy, hope the docs get it sorted and he feels much better soon :)

mdchick88
03-11-2011, 11:02 AM
chubbybride - I hope he feels better!

:carrot: :carrot: Today I was at 170.8!!! I've been whooshing like crazy this week - I already have over a 4 pound loss! I think it''s partially due to switching to level 2 of 30 day shred, and partially due to Madison's suggestion of a super high cal day last week. Thanks for the idea! I now know what to do if I hit another stupid plateau.

Friday question - What's the biggest obstacle in your weight loss attempts?

I live with my boyfriend, who constantly has junk food in the house :/ It makes it really hard to resist all of the chocolate, chips, etc. I now make him keep it all in one cabinet, and I just don't let myself open it up. Outta sight, outta mind!

angeluv
03-11-2011, 04:21 PM
hey everybody...how are you all doing?

I've been having a tough week..so far i've gained..but i'm determined to be down by the time of the weigh in on sunday. For lent i'm giving up soda. I don't drink a ton of it but enough that it bothers me...since I don't drink coffee..soda is my go to when i'm feeling down or in need of energy so I think this will be good as something to give up for lent as well as good for my health.

@KimWin - also..since its lent and i'm not eating meat on fridays im trying your chilli today! i'll let you know how it comes out

Primarily..its staying on plan. When i'm having bad day..i just say screw it. and secondly..working out! i hate it..its been impossible for me to find a plan of working out and sticking to it. i'm trying to do this 100 push ups plan with a buddy to keep me accountable and for it to be at least a start into being active. I've been stuck at the same weight for over 2 months..so i think working out is what is really going to boost my weight loss now..i just need to do it!

MissSMcC
03-12-2011, 05:56 AM
hey everyone, hope you're all ok, i'm ill :( booooo. went to a meeting yesterday, felt fine but as soon as i got home i had a massive headache and now i think i have a cold. never mind though, been eating oranges apparantly vitamin c is good for colds. weigh in tomorrow! woohoo. so far i've lost a pound, of course i wish it was more but theres always next week.

oOPeanutOo
03-12-2011, 07:12 AM
mdchick88 Ė Amazing!! Over 4lbs is a nice way to break that plateau.

angeluv Ė Iím the same with Soda! Itís my pick me up. Were you able to pick yourself up and get back on plan?

MissSMcC - :( Sorry to hear that youíre a bit under the weather! Hopefully youíre on the mend in no time.

I think Iím my own biggest obstacle. I still have days where I need to convince myself that itís really worth changing the way I eat. Every day it gets easier to say no to Chocolate and lollies but sometimes I need that extra push.

KimWin
03-12-2011, 02:51 PM
OMG HELLO EVERYONE!!!! It's been so long, or at least it seems like it! I only glanced at the posts, but will try to catch up later today or tomorrow night!

Soooo, hectic hectic. A lot to do at work, a lot of yoga to do for my challenge, a lot to do around the house and mostly, a lot to do with family and a deaths of friends and family. Sooooo, it's been running around and there have been no schedules! I have been doing my yoga every day (of course!) and still doing Turbo Fire workouts when i can fit in. Although, I'm super sore from pushing it, and then I would have to go at a lesser intensity... but I'm doing it! LOL

and then...
Dun dun dunnnnnnn...

My TOM! LOL It came on like a bus hitting me in the face! LOL I was instantly bloated three days before where I actually could FEEL the difference when I walk, did yoga and regular things around the house. It was horrible. LOL Luckily, it's gone down a bit, but still, super not fun. I have been sore and tired and just ready for it to end so I can get on with next week! LOL Do you ever feel like that? LOL

Anyway, I can say that I am totally of no help for this week with the weigh in. Next week I shall do better! Anyway, hope all is well! I am weighing in today and posting since I have a work, a funeral and yoga to do. I don't want to forget!

I'm super excited to have my body back to normal! LOL For Fun today, I am going to do a little dance workout. And by that, I mean putting on a fun hip hop outfit, putting on a 45 minute playlist I created, strapping on that HRM and just going for it! :) I need some pep! LOL

Angeluv- awesome! Good for you! :) Hey one day makes a huge difference! Even one meal a day! :) Yes, the chili, SO GOOD! :) Did I tell you my husband gave up his 4 times a month meat for Lent in hopes of going Vegetarian? I can't remember, things have been so hectic! LOL I gave up dairy for lent! :) Only 40 days and hopefully will lead to more! :)

katylil
03-12-2011, 02:54 PM
FRIDAY question: biggest obstacle

I've discovered that my biggest obstacle is dieting too hard. Sounds ridiculous but I've realised that why I managed to lose so much over the summer and since being back at uni I've just been basically maintaining is because at home I ate normally, but less and with more vegetables. I didn't deny myself anything and I didn't go crazy if I had a muffin or a bag of crisps. Whereas at uni I've been trying to eat JUST healthily, trying to cut out everything that's bad - whcih works for a few days and then I just go crazy and binge on junk.

I only realised this yesterday, funnily enough. So now I'm working on going back to normal eating. If I want a bag of crisps, I'll have it, and just eat normally with smaller portions and more veggies. See how it works :)

Hope everyone is feeling better and doing OK! :)

KimWin
03-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Oh and did somebody ask about Barley grass awhile back?!?!? I can't remember. If not, then I guess I am just posting info on barley grass LOL

It's so gooooood and healthy for you. Young barley grass contains perhaps the most balanced nutrient profile of all green plants with an abundance of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, proteins, active enzymes, and chlorophyll. Greens are always healthy, but Barley is a nutritious food unlike any other on earth (same with wheat grass I think). It contains 11 times the calcium in cow's milk, nearly 5 times the iron in spinach, 7 times the vitamin C in oranges, and 80 mg of vitamin B12 per hundred grams and many antioxidants known to protect the body from free-radical damage.

So as a person doing so much yoga and sweating out so many of my trace minerals this is good for me. Being I don't eat meat, b12 is necessary for and well the extra calcium and vitamins are just bonuses. I have no deficieny in calcium since I don't drink milk and eat a lot of seeds and fruits and veggies. People think Milk gives calcium, but it's actually the other way around. It's super low in calcium and causes deficiencies due to the way your body has to break it down like a virus.

Anyway, all in all- It's healthy, it tastes good, it's easy and a great way to get all the essential nutrients. I like to make smoothies with any fruit on hand (sometimes veggies) with barley grass, hulled hemp seeds, chia seeds, flaxseeds and some almond milk! DELICIOUS way to start the day. Due to the nutrients, my one 16 oz smoothie can keep me full for close to 5 hours! :)

oOPeanutOo
03-13-2011, 01:52 AM
KimWin Ė Wow, sounds like youíve been crazy busy! Iím really sorry to hear about your loss as well. Hopefully your friends and family can all stick together to help each other through this. How did the dance workout go? Was it able to clear your head? I asked about the Barley Grass because I had no idea what it was!!

katylil Ė Iím exactly the same. When I over restrict certain foods and try and eat 100% healthy it ends up backfiring. Iím not living off chocolate anymore so if I want a piece here or there then Iím going to let myself have it and not feel guilty about it.

Itís late Sunday arvo for me so I can officially say that Iíve lost about 3lbs which Iím excited about. I usually record my weight on a Saturday but the scale is the same as yesterday so it doesnít matter. I think I only lost 3lbs for the entire BL challenge last time around. My head was definitely not in the game then so Iím hoping this loss is a sign of things to come.

Good Luck for Weigh-In Girls!!!!

MissSMcC
03-13-2011, 08:11 AM
weigh in day!! only 1lb down for me but im still chuffed, its been a pants week so hopefully next week will be better. Kim you are so full of energy its unbelievable lol, peanut well done thats a fantastic loss! :)

Transporter
03-13-2011, 12:31 PM
hey guys my team tulip signature stopped working :(

MissSMcC
03-13-2011, 12:50 PM
transporter did you use the link or just save the pic to your computer then upload it into your sig? well done on your loss by the way, -0.4% for me, so glad you lot cant eliminate me lol :)

JLNichols07
03-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Miss: Hey--A loss is a loss right? And 1 pound is better than not losing anything! Good job! Alsoo--I hope your feeling better!

Peanut: WOW! 3 pounds is awesome! WTG!

KimWin: I'm deff going to have to look into that Barley grass..I don't even think I've ever heard of that. And to drink a smoothie & stay full for 5 hours is pretty awesome. Sorry about TOM. It's also TOM for me & i BLOAT bad but I found that I lose more weight during TOM ..I'm guessing cuz I sweat more. I'm sorry about the deaths.

Katy: Good luck on getting back to normal with your eating habits. And as for the obstacle being dieting too hard..I completely understand. I sometimes find myself angry because I'ves gone over 1200 calories a day and ...may calorie intake is suppose to be between 1200-1550. It's crazy.

Angel: I have a huge addiction to cokes! Like as bad as someone that is addicted to cigerettes. I have not drunk a cola since September & am very proud of myself. I'm sure it won't be as difficult for you to go off cokes as it was for me but good luck!

So I only caught myself up with personals on this page. Its so hard to get behind on these chats but I like to keep up because it keeps me accountable. I'm pretty stoked at my weightloss for the week. I lost 2.6 pounds which is really good considering I figured my weightloss would drastically slow down the closer I get to my goal.

As for my exercise..I've been getting plenty of exercise in...anywhere from my PS3 Active to Pilates. I have to take a few extra courses next semester at the school and I'm hoping they offer some kind of workout classes...that would be exciting. As for now..I'm going to hop off here and clean up the house! Hope all you did grat on your weigh-ins!

Transporter
03-13-2011, 06:25 PM
transporter did you use the link or just save the pic to your computer then upload it into your sig? well done on your loss by the way, -0.4% for me, so glad you lot cant eliminate me lol :)

I just copied some code posted in the forum :?:
thank you :) funny thing about my loss is that my SW was my ending weight from the last challenge! :D my weight didn't budge between the challenges lol

mdchick88
03-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Transporter - try copying this web address into your sig, and place it in image tags... to the left and to the right

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad350/katylil/tulipsyellows-1.jpg

Transporter
03-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Transporter - try copying this web address into your sig, and place it in image tags... to the left and to the right

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad350/katylil/tulipsyellows-1.jpg

thank you! :hug:

katylil
03-14-2011, 04:14 PM
MONDAY QUESTION: what is your favourite weightloss/exercise motivating song?

I'm massively into musicals so "Come So Far (Got So Far To Go)" from the Hairspray movie soundtrack is one of my faves!!! Good tempo for working out and motivating lyrics. Also "Chip On Your Shoulder" from Legally Blonde: The Musical soundtrack, it's a good one for when I need a kick up the butt motivation-wise! :)

JLNichols07
03-14-2011, 05:18 PM

Hm...that's a hard one...a motivating song I like is Katy Perry-Firework. :)

Welp..today has been rough as well as the rest of the days during TOM. I hate TOM because I obsess over food...I want to eat everything in site. And it probably has a lot to do with TOM & being bored! Although I have plenty of homework to do .. snacking sounds much better! ...I hope I make it to Thursday staying within my calorie range! Good luck all!

KimWin
03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Waaaah! Hello! Thanks to all for your kind wishes and thoughts. Everything is okay, but yes- busy and well "out of character," as far as normal days go. Then again, it's good because life happens and we need to keep rolling with the punches, even when it comes to working out and weight loss.

So my TOM is just about over and i am feeling better. Got into yoga this morning and will go again in the evening. So far, the eating is going well too! :) About to steam some red peppers, mushrooms, brocc, onions and red cabbage for lunch. I did Tfire 45 today and will do 30 day shred before I go to yoga to get my body warmed up... Anyway...

Yes, the working out and dancing is keeping my head clear! It's also nice because it's my little escape... "me time." I feel good that I am being productive.... SOOOOO- let's go for the big weigh in this week! On Saturday i was up 1 pound from my original start weight and now today I was up to 142.5! :( So, I'm hoping once the TOM and bloating gets out of the way, I will be back on track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, hope all is well with everyone. Again, i'm sorry I haven't been able to read your posts, I will I will! :)

P.S. Barley grass is great! It's basically like wheatgrass! :) You can grow your own wheatgrass quite easily! :) just like sprouts!

ruby5839
03-14-2011, 08:39 PM
I definitely did not have the active week I was hoping for last week. I've been sick with bad cold for the last week and half and was just completely drained of energy when I got home from work everyday. Luckily, I'm feeling much better and have the week off for March break!

I'm also putting myself on a training plan to be ready for a 10K race in May and since I actually did today's scheduled workout, I'm feeling more optimistic :)

Monday's Question: Motivating songs to me are ones with great beats that make me feel like running. I absolutely love Girl Talk right now. His mixes are perfect workout music. Also, Rhianna and David Guetta's "Who's That Chick" always makes me want to move!

mdchick88
03-14-2011, 08:49 PM

Mine's a tie between Katy Perry's Firework and the Glee version of My Life Would Suck Without You.

SOMEONE please make me stop snacking!!! I've never had this problem before - even when I was gaining weight, it wasn't from snacking, I just ate McDonalds and Taco Bell for almost every meal. But I've been snacking like CRAZY - even when I'm stuffed. I feel like I'm about to explode right now - because after dinner I felt the need to snack on jelly beans and tortilla chips :/ and no, those shouldn't go together. Blechhh - it's time to get my a$$ back in gear.

KimWin
03-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi guys, stopping in again before I head off to yoga! Hmmmm, song that motivates me?!?!? Wow, I love all music! I really do. I don't know that there is one song in particular to make me want to work out. Usually it's something high paced and makes me want to dance. Also, some os hip hop, not to be confused with rap of today... Right now, I am listening to a lot of James Brown, Jamiroquai, George Michael, Atmosphere and French Rap! LOL

@Mdchick- snacking. OH MAN, I love snacking, but I don't like what it does to my body... There is not other way to go about it other than to change the snacks up and make them healthy. I don't keep "snacks' in the pantry. All we have is some tropical trail mix, dried fruit, and raw nuts! LOL That being said, it's easy to go overboard on these sugary high calorie foods, so I have a measuring cup with them... Also, try cutting up fresh veggies and having them READY in the fridge, in clear containers. That way, when you get the urge, you reach for something colorful and bright... and healthy. For example, right now I have strips of red peppers, yellow peppers, celery, beans, carrots and cabbage. I know I'm weird, but I LOVE munching on raw red cabbage. It makes me feel so good! Or if you need that salty crunchy snack, try baking/roasing some garbanzo beans in the oven with rosemary. I like them a lot, but my husband not so much.

@jlnichols- bloating is the worse! Wanting to eat everything in sight, totally the pits! LOL i had way more of errrrr, crap than I needed. Granted, it's hard to NOT fall into that, "Well, it's my TOM i will get back on TOMORROW when it's gone,"type of attitude, so I really try to avoid it. Between everything else going on though, a chocolate bar with nuts and toffee is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered. LOL

Soooooo, I just want to throw out that I am excited. I am feeling good. Do you guys know when you have been skipping workouts or eating more badly than usual and you just keep doing it... for whatever reason, but know you shouldn't? Well, after all the stuff going on, I just said, "let me get to Monday... let me get t Monday..." I will tell you, I feel relieved to be back to yoga, cardio and eating right. hopefully that made sense, but I just couldn't take another day of feeling crampy, being tired and eating junk. Although, my husband's breakfast avocado, tomato, spinach, onion croissant... was DELICIOUS!!!!!! LOL

Okay, out the door!!!!!!!

P.S. I can't remember if people said anything or not, but are most people simply counting calories and working out? Thanks!

Transporter
03-14-2011, 09:33 PM

Mine's a tie between Katy Perry's Firework and the Glee version of My Life Would Suck Without You.

SOMEONE please make me stop snacking!!! I've never had this problem before - even when I was gaining weight, it wasn't from snacking, I just ate McDonalds and Taco Bell for almost every meal. But I've been snacking like CRAZY - even when I'm stuffed. I feel like I'm about to explode right now - because after dinner I felt the need to snack on jelly beans and tortilla chips :/ and no, those shouldn't go together. Blechhh - it's time to get my a$$ back in gear.

I like listening to linkin park, mushroomhead, rammstein :carrot:
and next week i promise to weigh in at time! lol:o
and a rule about snacking and just eating when your not supposed to.. i read this article somewhere called the "apple test". Are you hungry enough to eat a whole apple? if you dont want the apple its probably just psychological. if you are going to snack, having celery available. I cut up celery stalk into small pieces and put them in a container. When i need to snack on something i eat a cup of celery

Bulletproof Heart
03-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Not fairrrr I was up for the weight in but I dropped down 1.8 pounds I mean its good but why couldn't it happen Sunday? :lol:

Man hard question....changes for me but right now its She's My Winona by Fall Out Boy maybe because its up beat :lol:

oOPeanutOo
03-15-2011, 01:14 AM
MissSMcC Ė No such thing as ďonlyĒ 1lb down. A loss is always better than a gain.

JLNichols Ė Awesome loss this week! Howís Pilates working for you? Is it just stretching or do you actually get a work out from it?

katylil Ė Iím going to have to download those songs. Iíve never heard of them.

KimWin Ė You always have an interesting lunch combo or something on the go. Iím jealous that Iím not overly creative in the kitchen.

ruby5839 Ė Itís great to hear that youíre feeling better!

mdchick88 Ė Are you snacking because youíre actually hungry or because youíre bored?

Transporter Ė Thatís interesting. I think Iíll use the apple test from now on.

Bulletproof Heart Ė At least youíll have a bigger loss for this week. Thatís something to look forward to.

At the moment Iím listening to ďAnimalĒ by Neon Trees & ďWe Dance to a Different Disco, HoneyĒ by Short Stack. I think I just like the beat from those songs.

So... Confession time for me. After I posted on Sunday I got a little bit sloppy with my eating. I was thrilled with my 3lb lost but Iím not sure what was going on in my head. My roommates friend has been staying the last couple of nights and he snores like a trucker. It is unbelievable how such a noise can come out of someone so tiny. Iíve tried sleeping with my iPod in but nothing drowns it out. Iím a little bit tired from the lack of sleep but there are also all these different foods being brought into the house (mostly bad stuff like Chips, Lollies, M&Ms etc etc). Anyway, M&Ms are a weakness of mine and I couldnít stop at one, instead, I stopped when I finished the entire packet. Then it just seemed like I inhaled anything else around me. I know, crazy!!! Today I swore to myself that I would stay on plan and so far so good. Wish me luck.

Transporter
03-15-2011, 02:17 AM
So... Confession time for me. After I posted on Sunday I got a little bit sloppy with my eating. I was thrilled with my 3lb lost but Iím not sure what was going on in my head. My roommates friend has been staying the last couple of nights and he snores like a trucker. It is unbelievable how such a noise can come out of someone so tiny. Iíve tried sleeping with my iPod in but nothing drowns it out. Iím a little bit tired from the lack of sleep but there are also all these different foods being brought into the house (mostly bad stuff like Chips, Lollies, M&Ms etc etc). Anyway, M&Ms are a weakness of mine and I couldnít stop at one, instead, I stopped when I finished the entire packet. Then it just seemed like I inhaled anything else around me. I know, crazy!!! Today I swore to myself that I would stay on plan and so far so good. Wish me luck.

I used to have the same bad habit. If i ate one thing bad, id just continue eating bad for rest of day! but no biggie, get RIGHT back on the wagon. You most likely wont gain weight from it and it will probably boost your weight loss a bit as you return to your normal healthy eating. we all slip up once in a while, all that matters is that we get back up :carrot::hug:

oOPeanutOo
03-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the support Transporter :)

Transporter
03-15-2011, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the support Transporter :)

anytime. Sorry i wasnt as active during the last challenge. ill def try to be around more this time around

Krizstyling
03-15-2011, 03:55 AM
Favorite songsssss:

Eminem - Not Afraid
Katy Perry - Firework (Hate her, love the theme of that song!)
Mariah Carey - Obsessed (and anything really!)
AND MY THEMEEE SONG!!!
Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock!

MissSMcC
03-15-2011, 07:38 AM
hey, well done to everyone for the weigh in, hope we have an even better week this week! my wisdom tooth is coming through, its so painful! away to do the food shopping even though i cant eat anything :( think it'll be lots of yummy fruit smoothies so its not that bad lol :)

Transporter
03-15-2011, 02:33 PM
hey, well done to everyone for the weigh in, hope we have an even better week this week! my wisdom tooth is coming through, its so painful! away to do the food shopping even though i cant eat anything :( think it'll be lots of yummy fruit smoothies so its not that bad lol :)

sounds good :D

well im failing at posting youtube videos.. so check out this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw
By Adele- rolling in the deep

mdchick88
03-16-2011, 12:57 AM
I think my snacking starts off as me being actually hungry, but turns into mindlessly munching until I feel like I've gained all 60 pounds back. I've been really stressed out about school, so that might be part of it too. Hopefully I can get it back in check! I did much better today, I'm going to try and keep it up for the rest of the week.

oOPeanutOo
03-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Transporter Ė No stress :) We all get busy

MissSMcC Ė Ouch! I remember what that felt like. I was silly enough to get all 4 of mine taken out in one shot with just a localised numbing injection. Not something Iíd really recommend. How are those fruit smoothies going?

mdchick88 Ė Ahh okay. Is there anything else that you generally do to combat stress? Extra exercise or some kind of activity?

Yesterday was slightly better for me food wise but Iím not going to lie, I think ďslightlyĒ is being generous. For some reason I couldnít sleep so turned to food in order to kill time. Today though, Iím on plan and know exactly what Iíll be eating for the rest of the day. Itís a step in the right direction!

audri8301
03-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Hey guys! Sorry I have been quiet, I tend to read all the time and post sporadically, especially when I get busy. Hope everyone is having a good week so far. Mine is nuts, but I feel a little less stressed out now that I am eating a lot better than I had been.

MissSMcC
03-16-2011, 07:29 AM
peanut i had one taken out about 10 years ago... i still remember it, not good! and the dental practice i go to has no dentists at the mo because they moved in december, trying to get an emergency appointment elsewhere. smoothies and soups are going well though, and i saw 236.6 on the scale this morning. well done for getting back on plan :)

angeluv
03-16-2011, 12:22 PM
I've been doing bad this week...i've gained. i just can't seem to get my groove back. i had a bad weekend and im still trying to recover from it this week..and i'm supposed to have TOM this weekend,so..we'll see what happens

@mdchick88 - i totally understand your snacking problem. Sometimes i get the urge to eat even when i KNOW i'm not hungry and i can't control myself.

@KimWin - seriously your an inspiration.. you seem to work out all the time and eat so healthy. I did make your chili..it was good but i did miss the meat. So next time i think i will add it in becasue the flavor was perfect but it was missing that for me at least.

@oOPeanutOo - i always do the same exact thing. Whevener i have a loss i get the urge to eat more..like somehow i feel because i lost weight I can now eat. I always end up sabotaging myself.

definitely not afraid by eminem. I love the part where he says...

And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, Imma face my demons
I'm manning up, Imma hold my ground
I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
Time to put my life back together right now

and also the cup of life by ricky martin

KimWin
03-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Good morning!!! :carrot::hug:

So, I don't know about you guys, but I am READY, ABLE and FEELING good! I had a type of "ah-ha" moment yesterday about my working out and eating and well, my husband had the same moment. It was so great to talk about it over our healthy dinner of spaghetti squash, made from scratch spaghetti sauce, topped with leeks, mushrooms, and red peppers.

Basically, the conversation was about knowing what we need to do to get back on track and really ADMITTING that we were more off track than we had thought. Hopefully that makes sense...

So, this happened after my bikram morning class and after doing my HIIT 20 minute and 30 Day Shred workout. I was like, "oh yeah, this is what my body wants to be feeling!" So it was good and I'm happy to remember what i am trying to feel like. Since dropping from 160 to 140 last year in 2 months I had gotten complacent for a month or two and then over the course of another 2 months was able to get to 130. I held on to 130 from March-October and then BLAM, back to 140. Soooooo, I am ready. LOL Just had to share with all of you, I FEEL IT! :)

@Peanut- Food confessions, I am with you. Part of what my husband and I were talking about is how we were eating "too many" treat type things when we had really lost the weight yet. I KNOW to not treat with food, but sometimes you think, "i'm doing well, I can have_____." Then it hit me, if I'm not losing weight, than I shouldn't be eating like I have! LOL So yes, you can do it, just move on and forward. It's so easy to eat bad and then continue it, God knows that is what I do too! So, just time to stop! :) Oh and thank for the compliment about the interesting snacks. I really enjoy cooking and mixing flavors. Of my friends I am the one whose plate you have to rush to for a party (usually my sugar-free, low-cal Vegan desserts).

Katylil- Legally Blonde! LOL I love that whole short little soundtrack! I tend to love So Much Better and Legally Blonde Remix (for OBC Vivienne's voice)- so strong! But really, I love them all! When I was painting my house, i was basically listening to that on repeat! :) Makes the time go by fast!

Missmcc- Wisdom teeth?!?!? Smoothies?!?!? I am glad you got smoothies! I had mine out when I was 13 so I don't remember the pain, only getting to skip school for so long! LOL Hope you are feeling well and enjoying your smoothies! :)

Mdchick- Yes, yes the old snacking because you are hungry routine! I totally do that too. I try to listen to my body to figure out when i'm hungry or just bored, or in need of a little snack. I really suggest having beans, fresh fruit, fresh veggies and all that cut up. It's so much easier to go have that stuff and if you eat slowly, or know what your portion size is, you can easily determine if you need to eat a meal or if the 1C of cantaloupe will carry you over. You get what I am saying! LOL I am a big fan of the childhood favorite of Celery and natural Peanut Butter. YUM!!!!

ALRIGHT EVERYONE, I AM FEELING FRIGGN FANTASTIC! :D AND HOPE YOU ARE TOO. ABOUT TO RUN OUT THE DOOR FOR YOGA, THEN HOME TO EAT LUNCH, DO A CARDIO WORKOUT (THINKING A QUICK AND EASY 30 ZUMBA) AND THEN OFF TO WORK AT THE YOGA STUDIO TONIGHT AND POSSIBLY TAKE ANOTHER CLASS AT 6:30... WE'LL SEE! :) TOODLES!

MissSMcC
03-16-2011, 01:20 PM
mdchick you're this weeks biggest loser! yay congratulations! :) :) :)

Transporter
03-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Yesterday was slightly better for me food wise but Iím not going to lie, I think ďslightlyĒ is being generous. For some reason I couldnít sleep so turned to food in order to kill time. Today though, Iím on plan and know exactly what Iíll be eating for the rest of the day. Itís a step in the right direction!

I play video games when i cant sleep. it helps! :D

mdchick you're this weeks biggest loser! yay congratulations! :) :) :)

Congrats mdchick! :hug:

KimWin
03-16-2011, 05:59 PM
@Angeluv- awwww, you are sweet! Thanks for giving the chili a go without the meat! And thanks for the kind words about being an inspiration! I try and you know, part of my plan for grad school, becoming a certified Bikram instructor and everything else I want to do, is to be a motivator to others! :)

I do workout a lot, but when I get off from working out, it's hard to get back on. the good news is that I usually workout for some 6-8 months at a time and then take a month break... that sometimes turns into a 4 month break (like this past holiday season to March). but, that's better than years ago when I would do a few weeks at a time and then stop for 6 months! LOL

A big part of my working out has nothing to do with weight loss. Sure, I am in what Jillian Michael's calls the last 20 "vanity pounds," and want to lose weight... but more importantly, I think of aging and NOT wanting to lose natural range of motion, don't want to shrink and damage my spine, and don't want hip/knee/replacements if can be avoided. Bikram says, "A happy healthy spine is to have a healthy happy life." I totally agree.

Also, 20-30 minutes of exercise a day, even simply walking, will change the way in which your brain's axons and neurons fire, therefore making you more aware, alert and able to understand things faster. So, whatever you can do to be motivated, go for it!

I listened to this podcast some years back and it was interesting to me in that you (one) were to focus on goals that were non-weight related as your motivations. Like it's good to be motivated TO something, such as fitting into a bikini by Summer... but that it's good to have AWAY motivations and that statistically, if you can find your AWAY motivation you will stick it long plan. If I canfind it, I will send you the link! :) It's free and totally great!

We will all get there! Looking forward to this week's weigh in!

Just checking in... again... LOL I didn't do Zumba today, but instead decided with Cardio Max 30 minutes. Off to work! K!M

ruby5839
03-18-2011, 03:22 AM
KimWin - You're so right that getting back on track feels amazing! I feel so much more positive this week because I'm eating well and exercising regularly. Also, I love your enthusiasm! It's very motivating. I'm sure you'll be an excellent yoga instructor :)

Peanut - I hope your roommate's friend isn't staying for much longer. I would be so pissed if my sleep was constantly interrupted. Maybe listening to soothing music would drown out the snoring?

Transporter - I listened to the Adele song and absolutely loved it! I just downloaded both her albums.

mdchick88 - snacking to mindless eating is such a slippery slope :( Good for you for getting back on track! In my efforts to be on plan this week, I'm trying to be conscious of my cravings and have taken up knitting to keep my hands busy so I'm not reaching for food while watching t.v. It's been working so far but I'm afraid that I'll slip up next week when I'm back at work and stressed.

I'm so sad that it's Friday and my week off is pretty much over, but it's been really productive and I really hope I can use this momentum and keep it up! Hope you ladies have a happy Friday and a great weekend! :)

Transporter
03-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Transporter - I listened to the Adele song and absolutely loved it! I just downloaded both her albums.
I'm so sad that it's Friday and my week off is pretty much over, but it's been really productive and I really hope I can use this momentum and keep it up! Hope you ladies have a happy Friday and a great weekend! :)

Im glad you liked it! :hug:
My spring break is also over.. back to the grind on monday! which is fine with me.. I think i will do better when im busy

KimWin
03-18-2011, 05:09 PM
@RUby- Yup, eating well AND exercising makes all the difference! :) Glad we both go there! I can totally say that for awhile I do one or the other, but both is the key! :carrot:

@Transporter- yes yes, sometimes being busy totally helps keep you on track!

Well, about to do my cardio and then head out to work! :) We have a birthday party to attend tonight and I have already decided what to drink... if I drink. LOL I added it into my calories already! LOL

Anyway, have a great day and rest of the weekend! Busy around the house, doing yard work and hopefully getting the garden going! :)

MissSMcC
03-19-2011, 11:24 AM
hey everyone hope you're all having a good weekend! i got to see a dentist on thursday, she gave me antibiotics so my gum feels a lot better. hopefully my own dentist will be open again soon and i can just get the stupid tooth pulled out. weigh in day tomorrow! my weight has been all over the place this week, down to 236 then up to 240 then back to 238 this morning, no idea where i'll be tomorrow lol :)

Bulletproof Heart
03-19-2011, 11:41 AM
@MissSMcC

Good luck with your tooth! I know what you mean about being all over the place this week, stupid TOM had be down and up every other day! so far I only lost 2.2 pounds and that was at the start of the week since I been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds :lol:

MissSMcC
03-20-2011, 10:32 AM
thanks bulletproof, the dental services where i live are so messed up, took me 3 years on a waiting list to finally get registered, then 3 months later both dentists at the practice moved away lol. good luck for today with the weigh in, i stayed the same which is fine considering how up and down ive been!
i wanted chocolate today but didnt want too many calories so i got this little 75 calorie bar (its supposed to be for kids) and it had popping candy in it! so cool! :)

LauraLovesWeims
03-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around chatting. I'm going to try and jump in.

The theme of this last week or so has definitely been "ups and downs".

I ran in my first official race in a long time. I had done a few 5Ks as a teen, but nothing since. I ran our city's 5 mile St. Pat's run. I wanted to finish in under an hour. I did it in 58:58. Very happy with that! Now I'm thinking about trying for a 10K.

I did some shopping at Kohls on Sunday and actually had to buy a few shirts in a size Small! Button-down too! I think I'm still in shock.

Then Monday... My husband and I foster dogs for a rescue group. Our foster had been left by her owners in the backyard for 6 months. They had their house foreclosed on and just left their two dogs. Unfortunately, I think this made her very possessive of people. She didn't like our dogs coming near us. Well, she attacked my Weimaraner, Juno, Monday night. She bit off part of his ear. We had to rush him to the vet for emergency surgery. He's still all bandaged up and wearing the "cone of shame", but he's doing much better. He'll ultimately be missing about half of one of his ears, but it's nice to see him acting like himself again.

Work has been crazy. It is one of the busiest times of the year for us. I work at a zoo, and we're getting geared up for the busy season. I'm in the IT department, and we're moving our offices and data center too, which is quite a task.

Anyway, I'm rambling. It's been quite a week, and I'm happy to say that I've done very well with staying on plan anyway.

I hope things are going well for everyone. Good luck on the weigh-ins today!

JLNichols07
03-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey everyone. Just wanted to pop in and say I hope everyone did well on the weigh in this morning!

KimWin
03-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Hey hey all! So how did the weigh ins go? I am so happy that I lost 5.5 pounds! WOW I haven't been weighing myself this week and instead focusing on food and working out! I guess it's paid off! :carrot: I was hoping to lose 2 pounds, so VERY happy! My goal was to be at 135 by the end of the month, but I think I may switch that to 130-133! Why not? Just for fun?

I have had the BEST two yoga classes in a row over the weekend! It was truly magical and I feel on top of the world! I am sure a lot of has to do with the weight loss over the past week. I feel as if I can get into the postures deeper again since I am back in the mid 130s. I'm telling you, practicing at 140-145 was not fun or easy. Now, I'm getting back into the groove and I'm going to ride this wave of greatness! After all, good or bad, all things are temporary!

We had two parties to go to this weekend and while I had the calories to drink, I decided not to the first night! I also skipped out on chocolate cake, and FREE cotton candy! LOL :o The next night I did have a half glass of pinot noir and it was nice to sip on while mingling...

It has been overcast here in AZ and I LOVE IT since it hardly is. The windows are open, the cats are lazy and the house is half clean! LOL I say half clean because my husband did it! LOL :dizzy: Hey, I'm just happy he helped and did it while I slept in for an extra hour~ totally sweet! :hug:

Well, looking for another great week of motivation, weight loss, eating right and being happy. I am going grocery shopping soon and have my meals planned for the next 6-7 days. Hope you all are doing well too!

P.S. How much water are you drinking? Are you getting in your full half body weight in ounces every day? If not, try to make a conscious effort, you would be amazed at how it helps with losing water weight, getting rid of toxins and in general makes you feel fabulous!

ALSO: DO YOU GUYS WANT TO DO A MINI CHALLENGE? SAY WE ALL DO 10 PUSH-UPS EVERY NIGHT BEFORE BED? :^: I have been doing it anyway, and well I'm noticing a difference from day 1 to 5 to now! :)

@missSMcc- I hate dentists! I am glad you got in to see one! Also, the up and down weight loss- it's totally annoying. I think that is why I'm happier only weighing in once a week and doing measurements only once a month. Our bodies go through so much and it's normal to fluctuate so, it will happen! What kind of bar did you have? Was it a Zbar? I have those once in awhile, they are cheap, taste like a brownie and yes are low in calories! I try not to eat bars often though, but there are a few I like in various lines!

@LauraLoves- Great to hear from you! No worries, we are all busy and even if you just read the posts and find motivation, hey you are doing the challenge and that is great! Sounds like you LOVE animals and I LOVE that! I would love to foster animals, but I have tried before and I end up sad when they leave or I would keep them... Sooooo, now I can't. Anyway... And a zoo! Very cool! Oh and i love shopping and realizing you are different sizes! Hooray for you, must feel great! I have been putting off the shopping until I get to my goal weight. I also have backstock clothes from sizes 2-4 and then out right now are my sizes and I do have some larger ones put away too. Mostly because I thought they would look nice while pregnant... LOL Anyway, good for you!

@JK- I saw your goal! Awesome good job and you are ahead of schedules! WoOO I am right there with you at 136! We can totally get to 130 by April 1st! WOOOOOO! :carrot: That's for you!

ruby5839
03-20-2011, 11:20 PM
MissSMcC - Hope you take care of that tooth soon, sounds painful!

LauraLovesWeims - Congrats on your race time! And on finding a good button down shirt! Button downs never fit me properly and I can't wait until they do.

KimWin - I love the idea of a mini-challenge. I've been meaning to try the 100 push-ups challenge, but I think 10 push-ups a day is much more doable consistently.

I'm so mad at myself because on Friday I was down about 2 lbs but then I went out for lunch on Saturday and sabotaged my diet plus I didn't drink nearly enough water. I'm not sure exactly what my weight is now (I weighed myself after a hot yoga class so I don't think it's accurate) but I'll take a 1 lb. loss for today.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine. I'm sure keeping busy will help me get back on track. Hope you all have a great start to your week!

MissSMcC
03-21-2011, 07:02 AM
thanks kim and ruby
kim congratulations on the massive loss! all your hard work definately paid off this week, and i love your mini challenge idea! it was a cadbury bar i had, i dont eat chocolate often so when i do i make sure its my favourite kind, then i tend not to want it again for a while. your husband is sweet for cleaning the house, hope you enjoyed your lie in! :)

katylil
03-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Mini challenge sounds good! :)

I've been SO happy this week! Getting back into the groove of eating what I want in moderation has helped SUCH an amazing amount. Went up a bit the first few days (I'm guessing my body was readjusting), then went back down to 147 by WI and now I think I'm on my way down again (scales were lower today than they've been in a very long while!) so all's good! :)

So many good things happening all at once! My flatmates and I have signed for a new house next year which is BEAUTIFUL, much cheaper than what we pay now and in a much better location (a lot closer to the theatre where we have our classes). I went for a job interview at a pub last week, then got called back for a trial shift in the restaurant, had another interview with the general manager today and a friend of mine who already works there has told me that I've basically got the job. So that's my summer sorted!

It's been a beautiful sunny day, I've had a great hair day, the scales were lower this morning then they've been in a while, I had a jacket potato for lunch (which I haven't had in ages and I really enjoyed!) AND - BEST MOMENT OF MY WEEK - I finally reached full splits in my dance class this morning!!!!!!!!! I haven't been able to do that since I was 8 so am very proud of myself for persisting with my stretching! :D

Really hope everyone is having as awesome a Monday as I've had!!! :) love you guys!

MissSMcC
03-21-2011, 06:00 PM
aww congratulations on a great monday katy! :)

KimWin
03-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Awwww @Katy- that is awesome! I know what you mean, I have been feeling the SAME way, minus the hair day! LOL Then again, i'm always at yoga, so it's pretty much a ponytail unless I go out! Awesome for you, keep riding that energy wave!

@MissSMCC- Thanks! I feel great! It's going to happen, I can feel it! Yuuuuum, chocolate! The last chocolates I REALLY loved were these Vegan, Gluten free choclates that were flavored like Chai! OMG! You were supposed to eat one a day and meditate for 5 minutes while it melts in your mouth... Or you can pop them like jelly bellys, like i did! Granted, that was a few months ago! Anyway, my husband loves LOVES love Cadburry! :) I apparently can't even spell it!

@Ruby- exactly! 100 situps I can do... but 100 pushups? Oh man, my arms are so weak and that is why I wanted to fix them up a bit! LOL 10 a day is good. I mean, sometimes I do them in my workouts (like JIllian Michaels) but my husband has been doing 10-20 every night before bed and it's making a difference for him. So then I started and now 10 almost doesn't seem like enough and it's been only one week. So i will stick to 10 for this week and then maybe add 2 more next week?

SO HAVE YOU ALL DONE YOUR PUSH-UPS? I did! :) I also went to yoga, did Tfire 55 and am about to go back to yoga! Phew, I love Mondays!

For lunch I made Couscous and steamed some broccollini, red cabbage, onions and green beans. Then I sprinkled some chia seeds and hemp seeds on top for a crunch. DELCIOUS!

I hope that we all get to where we want! If... no WHEN (positive thinking) I get to my 130 goal weight, I am SO going to get a pedicure! :)

Have a great night everyone!!!! :)

MissSMcC
03-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Kim im doing the melt in the mouth thing with chocolate because if i scoff it i just want more, if i let it melt i enjoy it for longer lol, those chai ones sound lovely! im going veggie this week, been really sick the past week with the cold/flu and my dental medication has made my stomach feel icky, i used to be veggie and every so often meat grosses me out (i cant even stomach plain chicken breast just now!) so a veggie week should make me feel better. Did my push ups for the night so im off to bed, night all :)

mdchick88
03-22-2011, 09:19 AM
well, I'm back after a week of being wayyy off the wagon. I don't really know what happened - one day I was doing okay and the next I was completely off plan, no exercise - it was no bueno. But I'm back, 4 pounds up, but I'm back.

I'm on my way to work, so I haven't caught up on what I've been missing, but I will later today. Hope everyone's doing well!!

JLNichols07
03-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Time to catch up on a few personals:

MdChick: Yay for being back..everyone falls off the wagon atleast you got right back on!

KiM: Didn't do push ups last night but I did do a minute straight-plank! Which are kind of like push ups? lol. Your meal sounds delicous..do you get these great recipes out of a book or did someone teach you how to make them?

Katy: Awesome about the job interview. And yes eating food in moderation helps out a lot and I know I'm not as grumpy because I GET most of my cravings in. lol. WOW! The splits? I use to be able to do the splits vertically when I was like 13 but I was never able to do it horizontally..awesome accomplishment!

Ruby: That sucks about your lunch! I hope you get back on plan and keeping busy usually keeps me away from craving so much food and eating away my days lol.

So I think I got mostly everyone taken care of that was on PAGE 12. Yall ladies talk a lottt! LOL. It's hard to keep up..but I really need to be on here more so I can keep myself accountable. So how did everyone's w/i turn on on Sunday? I lost the same amount that I lost last week! I'm happy with it though because I usually lose anywhere from 1-2 pounds and I remarkably lost 2.6 both weeks! I really thought that when I got in the 150's my weightloss would slow down, now that I'm in the 130s..Im really shocked I'm still losing at a great pace. (Knock on wood!)

Not much is going on today..I have to go up to my school and take my schedule card that way I can schedule my school classes for the summer & fall of 2011. I'm pretty stoked because this SHOULD be my last year of school and then I get to graduate. It's a very big accomplishment considering no one in my family has graduated from college. So I'm pretty happy! Besides that I think I'm going to take the kids outside to play, clean up my house and do some homework! I have a BIG Anatomy test coming up Saturday in the LAB..so I've been studying all week..hoping I can pull a B out of it!

I dont know if I told this thread or another one but we are deff. battling an ant problem at my house every since it warmed up outside. Today it's suppose to be 78 and we've sprayed and everything ...yet I still have been seeing them so any home rememdies that yall make know of would GREATLY HELP. But enough jabbering on. TTYL

Bulletproof Heart
03-22-2011, 11:04 AM
@JLNichols07

I seen in your signature our b-days are close together :lol: mine is May 1st, yay May babies :D

KimWin
03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Hello again! I feel like I am on here everyday! Oh wait, i am! LOL

I am so sore. No, let me repeat, SOOOOOOO sore today! I really pushed it the last four classes of yoga and came leaps and bounds. WOW! Anyway, this morning's 9am class was rough. I almost didn't go, but am so glad I did. That way, it was out of the way and I had the rest of the day to get errands done, cooking, washing/chopping veggies (takes like 1 hour when I do EVERYTHING!) and of course my cardio and Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred workout... I can tell that even only doing that workout 4 times i the past week I am ready to move onto Level 2 next week. Kinda excited about it! :) We'll see how Cardio Max treats me tomorrow! :)

I am excited to make a whole wheat orzo pasta salad tonight! I love it and haven't made it in so long! Making Spinach filled Crepes for dinner tonight and going to sautee some mushrooms and red pepper to go on top of them! Yum!

All in all, I am looking forward to getting the cooking done, eating yummy food with husband when he comes back from yoga and then I hope to just play some wii and zone out for about 30 minutes and then off to bed to meditate and sleep! :) Hope you all have a good night... oh and yes, I'll do my push-ups first! :)

MissSCMCC- (i never get your name right, but you know what I mean!). I know what you mean about the chocolate, it's so easy to just chow it down. I guess that goes for all food huh? Cool that you are going Veg for a week, I am sure you will lose a lot of weight as long as you don't eat any processed foods! :) Oh and if you are still feeling sick, google that garlic greens soup- will cure you in no time! :)

@mdchick- welcome back of the wagon!! LOL no worries, you are here and you are doing it! We all fall of the wagon and the important thing is to just keep going and get right back on. I remember back a couple years ago, I would fall off and come up with all these future dates of when I would "restart." Then I realized, it starts, or should start as soon as I realize I fell off. Easier said than done! GOOD FOR YOU! :)

@JL- Planks?!?!? Hells yeah! Those are great and yes, i do those too! :) So great for the core. hard to believe really. When i do them in yoga in front of the mirror, it's really cool to see! :) Well good for you! Hmmm, and meals. For the most part I just throw stuff together. I use some recipes when I am trying out a new grain or something, but for the most part we have the same ingredients in the house at all times, so I don't want it to get boring, therefore mix it up! :) My husband says I have a knack for mixing flavors and well, i did want to be a pastry chef for a long time! :) I would be happy to share some ideas if you are looking for anything in particular! Congrats on being ALMOST done with school! I remember the days! I am actually now counting the days til Grad School starts! LOL Funny how that works! Also, where do you live? 78 degrees? Awesome, that is the weather here in AZ pretty much. last week it was 90 already! Wahhh, it was back down to 60s and now 70 today! :)

@bullet- your birthdays are almost coming up! Do you have fun plans? My husband's is Earth Day and I realized that is in a month. I am trying to plan a yoga/Indian Food party the day after so everyone can make it. I haven't even started planning, perhaps I should do that! LOL

PUSH-UPS! DO THEM! :)

JLNichols07
03-22-2011, 09:38 PM
BulletProof: I love my birthday being in May! We have a annual BBQ festival where I live at and my bday usually ALWAYS falls during it. & I get to look forward to celebrating there!

Kim: 3FC is deff an addiction! I'm addicted and on here everyday also! But it's what keeps me accountable! That sucks being sore but atleast you know you got a good workout in!

KimWin
03-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I'm sore, but it's a good sore. New muscles, new moves, etc. Not like the type of sore when you workout after a year of not working out... I remember when I did that- I couldn't even walk! LOL

have a good night!

katylil
03-23-2011, 07:12 AM
I will never ever ever EVER understand weightloss.

I eat healthily and lose nothing (or at a rate of about 1lb every 6 months...) - then I eat garlic bread, pringles, ham and babybel cheese for dinner (literally the only thing I had in my cupboard last night!), wake up fully expecting a gain and...a 3lb loss. HOW?!!

I haven't lost this much in one week since my very first week of weightloss way back in May 2010. It's the lowest weight I've been since I was 11 and I'm now over my halfway mark to Goal. The sun is shining, got no classes today and I am ECSTATICALLY happy (as you can imagine! It's been a pretty awesome week for me!!!!)

But how?!!! How how HOW does this make any sense?!!

KimWin
03-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi Katy! Congrats on your weight loss and feeling absolutely FABULOUS! Oh man, Baybel= delicious! I haven't had them in a couple years, but loved them when I ate them! :)

I totally hear you, our bodies are so weird! I know that losing weight is about calories in vs calories out, and that we need to eat less and move more, etc etc etc... But if it was that easy: we'd all be at our goal weights...

I was looking at your weight/height and perhaps you aren't eating enough calories? You are kinda at that last part where you are getting close to vanity pounds which totally means it's time to up the calorie intake, as scary as that may be... Also, time for a new workout system/program or way of eating... I dunno. Weight loss is weird, it's hard to predict...

I recommend listening to Jillian Michael's podcast (not the new one, the one from last year- I think it's a black background). It's free and there are a lot of people calling in with questions. I was able to relate to about 1/4 of them and I bet you will too! It's really great information and inspiring!

Well, back to Costco today. I have to return Turbo Tax as it was way more expensive to do it with their kit than online! Oh well, I'm going right when they open, so hopefully they won't be busy! I did my work Cardio Max Biggest Loser workout today and don't have yoga until this evening with the hubby. I have done all the cleaning and even put out fresh bedding and think I may even wash my car! Feeling full of energy and ready to go! Also, as the end of the month draws near, I decided to write out my workout plan for the all of April. It's pretty much the same as now, with a few differences.

Okay, have a great day! Where is everyone? How are you doing? What do you need help with? :) Let's win this challenge and all lose weight! :)

KimWin
03-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Hello all! Where are you guys? :( I miss you! LOL

Anyway, just stopping in. I have been feeling great and am loaded with energy! I did yoga today and had another great class. I got home had my lunch and then did HIIT15 and Tae Bo 30M Fat Blaster! I am out the door to work at the studio and then, am more than likely going to do another yoga class (I mean, I'm there right?)! Besides, I get to practice next to my husband! :)

Okay, have a great week! How are you all doing? It's already Thursday! Where does the time go?!?!? I feel like we just weighed in! I haven't gotten on the scale at all since the last weigh in, and so far, I am liking that better!

TTYL K

MissSMcC
03-25-2011, 08:51 AM
hi all :)
kim how long have you been doing yoga? it looks like loads of fun!

KimWin
03-25-2011, 03:10 PM
MissSMcC- Good morning! I have done yoga for a year on May 28th! I have seen great benefits and have done 3 "60 day challenges" in that time in which I go every day. It is super fun! Bikram is the only exercise in which you work your mind, body from bones to skin and all your organs! :) I originally started for a 10 day cleanse and by day 1 was hooked and now I work at the studio too! :) I recommend trying Bikram if you can! :)

Well, about to do my cardio... I am really excited to get to 130-132 by the end of this month! As much as I want it to happen by the next weigh in, the main goal is by April 1st!

Have a great night and weekend! I am going to a drive in movie with my husband and work on Saturday and Sunday, am practicing yoga and am planting a Pomegranate tree in the front yard! SUPER EXCITED!

JLNichols07
03-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Kim: Enjoy your night out with the hubby!

Katy: Maybe you tricked your body by doing something different. Who knows the body is so strange..especially when it comes to weightloss.

It's one ugly day here! I wish it would clear up and warm up...I hate the cold weather. It was in the 70's last week and now it's back in the 40's. I'm dreding tomorrow but at the same time excited. Tomorrow I have a test...but I got an interview too! So both I'm extremely nervous about and I'm dreding the test even though I've been prepping for the test for the past 3 weeks. So hopefully I'll do okay. As for my interview it's with Lowes Home Improvement! ..It's nothing big but it's something that will bring money into our house!

As for my weight goes its wishy-washy! Yesterday it was up to 135.6 and today it was down to 133.8! It's so up in the air. But hopefully I have a good weigh-in this week. I hope everyone has a great Thursday! TTYL.

MaddieBPhoto
03-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Hey girls! I've been back from vacation for 4 days now & life has been crazy every single day. I was up to 171.6 when I came home, & I'm back down to 166.8 today! Thank God! I'd really like to see 165 on Sunday. I don't think I can reach my goal of 163.8 by the end of March, but you just never know. The body is so strange. I did have an AWESOME nsv today though: my wedding dress was LOOSE on me!! I thought for sure I weighed 170 at my wedding, but my husband was like there's no way!! He was right! I was stuffed into that dress 4 years ago, but today, I would have to take it in about 2 inches in the waist & 2 inches in the bust. :) Love those nsvs!!

Transporter
03-26-2011, 02:19 PM
This week was tough! i was upset my weight wasnt budging for a week that i went on a cheating spree, yes spree! I'm hoping to see the scale moving again.. no more cheating for me :(

KimWin
03-26-2011, 04:17 PM
GOOD MORNING! Well I have had a productive morning! I swear I feel all twitterpated with this great Spring air, the fresh breeze blowing through the house and the sunshine on my face while doing some yard work! :)

I did Tfire Core 20 today, Tae Bo Cardio Amp 40 and of course the yoga. My husband and I have also been on a dancing kick and then after he went to get his hair cut, I put on my HRM and danced (like I was at a club dancing) and in 10-12 minutes burned close to 120 some calories! I LOVE IT! :) Anyway, about to eat lunch here and then head out to the studio for work.

Happy moment yesterday, went to my favorite Thai Restaurant that I actually call PAD THAI because that is all I get there... well, I decided to not waste all my hard work on eating well with a splurge. I got a vegetable tom yum soup and it was not only delicious and satisfying, but about 1/8 the calories of pad thai, and I got to eat A LOT! SOOOOO, yes! I also skipped out on the HOMEMADE coconut ice cream that is also my favorite! Anyway... Feeling good about it and looking forward to the day I can eat that again, probably in May! :)

@JLNichols- thanks! We are actually going tonight as by the time we were done with yoga last night, we were exhausted! It was a small Friday night class and so it seemed more like a private lesson. We go to see Limitless tonight. LOL I don't know if it will be good or not, but who cares! LOL

@Madison- Good for you! Isn't it great to try on clothes and have them be too big?!?!? Just last night i decided to wear these pants and I could get them on! LOL I haven't been able to even think about it, and yes, its great! Good for you! And as far as your goal, you will be close, as will I! But you know, weight loss and health is a marathon, not a sprint! :)

Oh and keep in mind, that when the scale isn't moving, it might move BIG the next week! The body is so weird like that and while I could go into more detail, just know that you CAN and WILL lose weight! :) Persistence! :)

Transporter- We all have splurge/sprees and well, no worries! I had gone on a pretty big one for almost ALL of February. It's amazing that it takes no time to pack on 10 pounds, but takes close to a month to lose 10! LOL Oh well. Just jump back on the wagon, we are all here for you!

P.S. I have been doing my 10 pushups before bed for about a week and now I do them as fast as my husband. So, starting tonight, I'm upping it to 15! :)

MissSMcC
03-27-2011, 08:46 AM
hey ladies, its weigh in day!!! i lost another pound woohoo! good luck everyone :)
kim yoga sounds like a lot of fun, but i have literally no balance! would that improve with practice? i have been known to fall over for no reason lol.

audri8301
03-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Kim - You sound so energetic, have you always been that way or is it a side effect of all that yoga? I tried it a few times (not bikram though) and it made me sleepy. What's unique about that kind? I think I did Hatha.

JLNichols - Hope the test and the interview went well!

Madison - Super NSV and just think, next time it will probably fall off!

Transporter - Good luck with getting back on plan!

MissSMcC - Way to go on your loss!

I am down this morning, which is surprising since yesterday I sat on the couch all day and ate way too much. Sorry I have been quiet again this challenge, I'm still in my last semester of grad school coma.

ruby5839
03-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Hello all! Well this week didn't go as well as I hoped on the scale but I kept up with the 10 push ups everyday. I'm going to be more strict with my diet this week and track all my calories. Hopefully this is just some pre-TOM water retention.

Hope you have a great week with big losses!

KimWin
03-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Hola everyone! How are you all doing? Well, i have been up since 6am! I bolted out of bed, got my breakfast ready and headed out the door to work at the studio. I got home about an hour ago and now am hydrating getting ready to go back for my 3pm class! :) The scale said 133 today which I am very happy with... I still have 5 days to get to 130 by April 1st! :) It's a challenge I am willing to accept, but if not, I'm okay too!

I have really upped my weights this week, so it will be interesting to see how it affects my weight loss! Either way, i am well on the road to being 120 by July 1st and 125 by June 1st- so go me! :) And go all of you for doing your thang too!!!! :)

@ruby- great for you to keep up with the pushups! Me too! It's amazing that they got so much easier, so much faster! LOL I am going to try for 15 now every day for the rest of the week! :) And yes, good diet makes a HUGE difference! Actually, studies have shown that diet over exercise will help you lose weight more... now, don't get me wrong, the combination of both makes the biggest difference, but diet is key! :)

@audri- I have always had a lot of energy. As a kid, I used to drive my mom nuts. One minute I was asking to bake cookies, the next minute I had made cookies, brownies, cakes and RC bars! LOL Sooo yes, I move quickly and have a lot of energy. Just today, one of my fav yoga teachers said, "you are so intense when you practice." LOL It made my day and then I read your post and thought, "yup, i am have oodles of energy!"

Bikram I think has calmed me down, but given me more energy? Does that make sense? I sleep less, eat less, hardly drink and in general am very healthy. I am not filled with anxiety, stressed and don't let the little things bother me anymore. If you can calm yourself down and just breath in a 105-110 degree room with 40% humidity, sweat dripping and stinging your eyes, having other's people sweat flung on you, while balancing on one leg ON YOUR PERIOD, you pretty much learn to calm down ANYWHERE! :)

All yoga is Hatha yoga, including Bikram, but Vinyasa is a type of flow, a lot of sun salutations. I dunno, Bikram is so different. I recommend giving it a go if you can. Most studios have a trial of 7-10 days of trying it. You wil be tired, or energetic, or hungry or not hungry at all depending on what your body needs. But it's typical to be really tired afer working new muscles, while your mind is doing something new! :) The trick is... to keep going. It's yoga practice, not yoga perfect, ya know?

I choose Bikram because it works my muscles and tissues from head to toe, detoxes my body, i great for your skin, regulates cholesterol, helps you lose/maintain weight, and works all your organs. I like being able to heal my body without medications! :) No thyroid medicine for me, I do yoga. No cholesterol meds for me, I do yoga... I mean, really. It's great!

@MissSMcc- Yoga will TOTALLY help you with your balance! I didn't have great balance before and now have great balance! NOt as good as some people who have done it for 10 years, but I mean< i can totally tell a difference! :) It takes time and practice. While I don't fall down out of nowhere, I am, or was, known to be a klutz. Walking into things, tripping, getting bruises that I dont' remember and dropping things... A LOT! Then yoga happened, and I don't really do that stuff anymore! LOL Wow, i never even thought of that until you asked that question! :)

WHat I love about the Bikram Yoga, is that unlike other types of yoga, (especially Americanized POWER yoga done in clubs or whatever) they are ALL basic beginner's postures that are NATURAL RANGE OF MOTION. When I did some other yoga classes, I liked them, but I hate downward dog and am so happy we don't ever have to do it! LOL

Well guys it's Monday which means BIG things for me. LOL I have two yoga classes, an hour cardio and house cleaning to do! LOL My husband helped out a bit and did the stairs and the kitchen which means all I need to do is roomba, dust, steam the floors and do oodles of laundry! I swear, laundry should be my middle name! Does anyone else feel that way?!?!?!

Sooooo, what is YOUR plan of attack this week? For me, I'm cutting out nuts for 5 days. WOW that will be hard, but ehhh, I just want to try it! :) Also, doing 15 push-ups every night!

Oh and March 31st will mark my 90th day of yoga in a row!!!! :) EXCITED to be done with this challenge, my body is sore sore sore! :) Good day Everyone!!!!!!!

Transporter
03-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey girls! I've been back from vacation for 4 days now & life has been crazy every single day. I was up to 171.6 when I came home, & I'm back down to 166.8 today! Thank God! I'd really like to see 165 on Sunday. I don't think I can reach my goal of 163.8 by the end of March, but you just never know. The body is so strange. I did have an AWESOME nsv today though: my wedding dress was LOOSE on me!! I thought for sure I weighed 170 at my wedding, but my husband was like there's no way!! He was right! I was stuffed into that dress 4 years ago, but today, I would have to take it in about 2 inches in the waist & 2 inches in the bust. :) Love those nsvs!!

NSV> Scale victory. Dance time! :carrot::hug:

KimWin
03-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Good morning all! How are you all doing?

Well off to yoga, and then home for lunch and Tfire 30 and 30 Day Shred Level 2! WOOO excited to go to level 2! ALso, my friend sent me her latest dvd, Get Ripped in 30! :) Super excited to give that a go in a month or two!

Okay, well hope all is welll! :)

MissSMcC
03-29-2011, 12:42 PM
hey girls hope you're all well xx
i had a good day today, jumped on the scales this morning and my 1lb loss has stayed, its funny how losing just a tiny bit of weight makes you feel so much better about yourself, its freezing here today but i had to go shopping then i went for a walk.
MadisonAve congrats on the loose wedding dress! :)

KimWin
03-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Good morning! Starting my day out with some delicious Curried Lentils with onions and red peppers over curried and cilantro couscous... Then, on to do a core workout and Cardio Max LEVEL 2! Waaaah! Then a ballet workout for 45 minutes when a friend comes over! Feeling good and great! :)

Hey JLNICHOLS- How many calories are you eating a day or week or whatever? Do you know, or do you just eat and workout? I ask because I'm having a rough time figuring out how many calories to eat at this weight. My LOSE IT says 900, but that is ridiculous, so I eat around 1200-1600 varying the 1600 twice a week... anyway, just thought I would ask! :)

Have a great rest of the day !!! :)

JLNichols07
03-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Kim: I eat between 1200-1550 a day! I use Sparkpeople to keep up with it..so usually on a good day I'll eat like 1250-1300 calories and do a 20-30 minute workout!

KimWin
03-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks Nichols! Yup that is about what I do too, just curious! :)

Oh man, I pulled a glute muscle and had to take a day off! It feels weird! LOL but I'm healing and it's good! The hot room today in yoga is going to feel great while I lay there! LOL

Have a great night! :) K

ruby5839
04-01-2011, 01:41 AM
Oh boy, I've been trying to avoid sugar this week and the withdrawal has been brutal! I think I'm only getting by because I'm so busy at work all day and luckily I have no chocolate at home so I can't give in, but I've come very close to running to the store too many times this week LOL!

Kim: I upped my push-ups to 15 too. It is definitely getting easier as the week progresses.

Anyone read SELF magazine? I tried their Drop 10 challenge exercise plan yesterday and was really struggling to get to the end. I definitely need to work on my cardio. On the bright side, my legs, butt and back were sore. Don't you just love that delicious pain of knowing your muscles worked hard? :)

JLNichols07
04-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey everyone just checking in! Just got done working out..weighed in at 132.0 this morning and then had a good 1st day at work! Tomorrow it's school early and then onto relaxing until Monday!

Bulletproof Heart
04-01-2011, 10:55 PM
I dont know whats up with me this week I been gaining not losing! :o im up to 272.0 which makes me .2 up from last Sunday! Im hoping to start seeing a down soon since I upped my exercise.

MaddieBPhoto
04-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Checking in! Got down to my lowest yet the other day at 163.8 then was back up to 164.4 yesterday. Cheat day yesterday left me at 166.2 today. I want to be 162 by the end of next week! Oh! And I restarted the 30DS!

MissSMcC
04-02-2011, 06:30 AM
bulletproof could it be water retention in your muscles from upping the exercise? hope it sorts itself out soon for ya! :)
heeeey wee chickies, hows the weekend going? i saw 234 on the scale today woohoo, hope it stays for tomoz!! got a job interview on tuesday, super excited but very nervous! :)

Bulletproof Heart
04-02-2011, 04:33 PM
I dont think it could be because I didnt up my exercise till the past 2 days and it was happening over a week BUT im down 1.8 so down to 270.6 which is 1.2 down from last sunday :D

I went to my cousins baby shower(didnt eat cake woo) and I won a thing it says " Never let your memories be greater than your dreams" I though it was cute and wanted to share it :D

Transporter
04-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I dont think it could be because I didnt up my exercise till the past 2 days and it was happening over a week BUT im down 1.8 so down to 270.6 which is 1.2 down from last sunday :D

I went to my cousins baby shower(didnt eat cake woo) and I won a thing it says " Never let your memories be greater than your dreams" I though it was cute and wanted to share it :D

Lifting weights will make you retain water. Congrats on not eating the cake!
When the temptation is right infront of u time goes by so SLOW. but you can never take back how ****ty you feel after cheating.
Anyways, good luck with weigh in tomorrow chickas :hug:

JLNichols07
04-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Good luck w/ the weigh-in tomorrow everyone!

MissSMcC
04-04-2011, 11:35 AM
hey chicks, how did everyone do? i lost 3lbs, yay! since i started this the most i've lost in a week is 1lb, i didn't even have the huge first week water loss people talk of so often, so 3lbs is huuuge for me! well chuffed! job interview tomorrow, meeting up with my friend on wednesday, then my daughters 10th birthday on thursday, so a good week emotionally, hopefully will be a good week weightloss wise too :)

JLNichols07
04-04-2011, 08:56 PM
I guess everyone has been busy..ain't much activity goin on in here! I hope everyone is doing okay. I really slacked with my last weigh in! Hoping to do better this week!

KimWin
04-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Hey everyone! Congrats on the weight loss MissSmcc!!! That is awesome! It's a marathon, not a sprint! Way to go!

JlNichols, yup people have kinda quit posting! inclding me! I have been so busy, with working at the studio and doing yoga and... nursing injuries! OMG... Sooooo, i had a horrible sciatic nerve spasm a couple days ago and then that threw out my hip and then my back and well today in yoga I just did what I could and the emotions took over and I cried and cried.. I feel better now. I am about to go have my chakras realigned and then tomorrow have a body massage and physical therapy, so that will be good!

Anyway, not doing ANY working out this week. Just yoga and maybe some walks here and there, so the goal is to not gain weight!

TTYL and hope you are all doing well! is Team Tulip ahead?!?!?

Have a great night!

MissSMcC
04-05-2011, 05:26 PM
thanks kim! enjoy your time off working out, sometimes our bodies need a bit of a rest. everyone is being so quiet! i miss you all boohoo lol :)
i got offered a job today! well chuffed!

Bulletproof Heart
04-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Ugh I hope to be down more for this Sunday!! Stupid weight has been going up and down still and I have no idea why! I want to see the 60s already! Hope everyone is having better luck then I am!

KimL1214
04-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey ladies! I've been MIA for too long and I am soooo sorry. And of course, I'm coming with some bad news as far as the challenge goes. Good news for me, but not so hot for the challenge... I'm leaving for Hawaii next week. Originally I was supposed to go the following week, but my family surprised me with tickets that let me stay in Hawaii with my best friend an extra week. Unfortunately this means that I won't have enough time to throw together stats each week after this week... anyone up for finishing out the last couple weeks for me? I know it's a pain, but I know a lot of you are holding strong through the challenge and really use it to help keep you in check. Please let me know ASAP if you are willing to take over the end of the challenge! Also. I'm looking for someone to either take over future challenges or split the load with me in future challenges. Please let me know if you're interested! Thank you!

MissSMcC
04-08-2011, 06:46 AM
KimL congrats on the extra holiday! i would love to help but i'm pretty computer illiterate, don't know how much use i would be!

MaddieBPhoto
04-09-2011, 04:41 PM
So, because of 2 bad days last week, I'm only down .6 today. I'm hoping for a major whoosh in the morning!! Please please please you stupid scale wench...make me happy tomorrow...

MaddieBPhoto
04-10-2011, 02:05 PM
sw: 168
cw: 162.8
gw: 158

JLNichols07
04-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I hope all yall are doing great. Weight has been bouncing between 130 & 131 for the past week. I really hope I can break and see 129 SOOON!

ruby5839
04-13-2011, 01:05 AM
I hate PMS. What's worse is PMSing for 3 weeks but not actually getting your period!! I guess it's due to stress (last week of classes WOOT! and lots of deadlines) but it really sucks and I feel so bloated from water retention. :( I'm hoping to offset it with some intense workouts and lots of water.

Hope you all are having a better week! :D

MissSMcC
04-15-2011, 07:04 AM
hey everyone, hope ur all doing well. i had a bit of a manic week, working then college, passed my HSE first aid at work course woop woop lol :)

JLNichols07
04-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Surpassed 129 this morning...was at 128.4 or .6 can't remember now! BUT EXTREMELY happy about it!

MissSMcC
04-17-2011, 10:26 AM
aww final today chicks, im gonna miss you all :( roll on the next one!! :)

Bulletproof Heart
04-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Aww is it the day! Gonna miss everyone also but if we all get on the same team again well see each other :)!

Edit:
Haha while doing my weigh in for the team I didnt put a . so it says i lost over 2,000lbs xD on my phone