Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Just for today...

So in the beginning of the year I had conquered binging...then the tendencies started creeping back around TOM. I was ok with that cause I felt I still had it under control and I was still losing. Well ever since I hit "goal" I've been binging every weekend. It hasn't been affecting my weight, I am maintaining because I'm on plan all week, but I don't feel like it's a healthy lifestyle and of course I'd like to drop another 5-10 lbs.

I've tried going cold turkey and starting a count to see how many days I could go, but that didn't work too well. So I'm starting with just today. I will not binge today. Fridays, Saturdays and occassionally Sundays seems to be my only problem. My DH works grave yard those days and it seems like being alone at night is an issue for me. He's only doing it for a couple more weeks so I'm hoping that alone will help. But just for today I will not binge. I'm hoping this will become a running thread an others will join in.

So who's with me? Who will stay on plan for just today?

In the process I'd like to discover why I binge and/or go off plan. I'd line to identify what emotion caused it. So I hoping to have the courage to return here should I fall and be accountable for what emotion or event caused the eating and I hope you all will do the same.

So far I know that boredom and being alone are issues for me. So maybe I need to find some hobbies to occupy my time. I like reading and learning new stuff about fitness and nutrition and I have a coue books on order that I think I'll enjoy. But until those get here...I will stay strong and I will not binge today!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #2  
Want 2 B a Oneder Woman!

S/C/G: 280/ticker/199

Height: 5'7

i'm with you. i tend to binge late at nite. when im alone and everyone is asleep. i dont have any family here or many friends. i've only lived in VA for 3 years now. i'd like to find someone that i could chat with on yahoo that might be able to talk me out of the bag (lol). and vice versa. i'd be willing to do the same. good luck!
dolcevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

I have the same issue when I am sitting home alone, Ncuneo. I usually dont have a problem controlling it. Binging has not usually been a problem for me, but it is when I am sitting at home alone that I find myself wandering into the kitchen much more than usual, and looking for something to snack on. Usually when I get to where my will power might fail me, I pick a project..usually it is an unpleasant one, or at least one I have been putting off. I grab the MP3 player, put in some headphones, and head to clean out my closet, or (ugh) clean the ceiling fans, or some other household chore that needs doing. Honestly, my house has never been as clean before, as it has been during my last 7 months of weight loss.
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #4  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

i pledge to not binge tonight
after my daughter goes to bed, and thefrozen waffles and bagels and granola bars call out to me.
I remember thinking last night, "im not even hungry, why am i reachung for this?"
tomorrow i can have whatever i want. TONIGHT I WILL NOT BINGE and i will NOT WAKE UP AND MIDNIGHT GRAZE.....

we work so so hard to break bad habits, and when we have a tiny slip, they return FULL-FORCE
So hard to stop, so easy to start
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/160/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Me too!

I am with you! I will not binge today! I am a stay at home mom so it is really hard for me. Although I am busy, I am bored. So I find time or make time to binge. I am binging just to fill a void of any emotion really. Sometimes it seems like it is a reward to myself, like I had a hard day I deserve this. It is hard for me to be still and not do anything. Sometimes I chose to binge rather than do the housework I need to do. UGH! I am totally aware of doing it. In that split second I am reaching for the food I say I shouldn't be doing this, but I usually just do it. I find not doing it makes me really uncomfortable. I am with you I will not binge today! Thanks!
jenjen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #6  
Closet health nut!

So far so good. Usually this at this point on a Friday I'm still all good, but I had to stay home today because DS is sick and I'm bored!!!! But I found couple things to occupy me and I'm feeling pretty good good about the upcoming evening. I'm a little worried cause I'm unusually hungry right now and snack time as passed. I'll be sure to plan a good dinner followed by a yummy on plan dessert (sweets are my weakness). So part one of the day is over - so just for tonight I will not binge!
Old 09-11-2010, 03:00 AM   #7  
ChubbyChicChick

S/C/G: 198/194/132

Height: 5'4''

Sounds like a plan!

I'm in with you girls! My mom always told me about this diet very popular in Argentina (where I'm originally from), where they would say a prayer every morning and part of their prayer repeated "just for today." Interesting stuff. I grew up hearing about it from my mom but never really cared much for it.

I am so dead set on making my goal before I turn 30 in March that I would try absolutely anything! You, ncuneo, are definitely my inspiration!!
60lbstogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:20 AM   #8  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to vow not to binge today! Saturdays are a trigger day for me and I really want to stop the cycle of binging. So today, I'm going to eat only whats on my plan and up to my calorie limit. Not a morsel more!!!
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I am not going to binge right now. I'm not a usual binger, or at least I never did it and realised that was what I was doing. However now it's 11pm Saturday and even though I've eaten all my allotted calories (and some were even not-so-healthy treats) I still feel like I want to go and eat a whole bunch of stuff. But I will not. I have work tomorrow so I am going to go to bed.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #10  
Closet health nut!

Well I did ok yesterday. By no means did I binge (the objective) but I did snag a handful or two of animal cookies after DS went to bed. I knew what I was doing when it happened, but I just wanted them. So I said ok, you can have a few but no more. I stuck to it, found a movie to watch and went to bed. I was alone, bored and craving something sweet that wasn't good for me. While I'm not thrilled with the end of the day, I'm quite happy that it ended there, that's a start.

So onto today - Saturday, usually the toughest day. My food is all planned out and I'm ready to go. The only problem...DS is still sick and it looks we'll be home all day AGAIN. I'm getting a little stir crazy. I guess I just eat well and rest up for tomorrow's big run (I'm running 7 miles for the first time tomorrow!).

I do a book every year (well this is only the second one) that is photo's of the previous year with my son. I'm behind on year two so I'll work on that while DS is napping to battle any temptations this afternoon. That will be good therapy because I'm 40 lbs heavier in a lot of the photos! It's like watching a time line of this years weight loss.

Just for today - I WILL NOT BINGE!

Last edited by ncuneo; 09-11-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #11  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

That's great that you overcame your binge I am with you on this one as well. I also find that weekends are my hardest days. Usually on the weekend my DH and I cuddle up and watch a movie before bed. I have been considering this night as my free night so I could have A treat. This one treat night has turned into an all out binge. This just happened last night and I feel ashamed and let down today. No more free nights for me. If it doesn't fit into my log, I don't eat it. This last 10-20 pounds is going to be really hard if I don't stop it now!
We can all do this together
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #12  
Closet health nut!

So Saturday has nor been as good as Friday, but better than past Saturdays, so I guess that's a step forward. I was just so bored and anxious because I'm stuck at home with a sick DS. He's only two and hasn't been sick that often and he's my first so it's a little stressful for me. He had a temp of 104.8 this morning and the tylnol has barely been keeping it under control. The only thing that is giving me any comfort is that DH and I both had it two weeks ago and it's following the same pattern as it did with us. But I had ti stay home with him Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Today and will again tomorrow and I'm ready to climb the walls. I hope to have a good run tomorrow morning to get this energy out and even though it's only 7:30 I can feel that the binge is over. So just for tonight. Tomorrows a new day.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #13  
Want 2 B a Oneder Woman!

S/C/G: 280/ticker/199

Height: 5'7

sorry to hear about your son! hope he gets better soon.

i did not binge yesterday, kept reminding myself i made a vow. like you, i had a handful or 2 of something and that was it. and i haven't binged today either. i'm well below my calories for the day and feeling good!

one day at a time! one pound at at time!
dolcevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #14  
Maintainer since 12/21/10

S/C/G: 260/144/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the updates, ncuneo. Hope your son feels better soon.

I hope your path into and through maintenance gets smoother as time goes on. It comes with a whole new set of challenges, doesn't it!
Oboegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #15  
Closet health nut!

Great job Dolcevita! Good for you!

It sure does Oboegal. I think part of the issue is that I know I can binge over the weekend get back on track Monday and be back to my goal weight or slightly under within a couple days. So that's great I'm maintaining, but it's a dangerous path. What happens when the weekend rolls into Monday or I get older and can't handle those excess cals or I'm not in training. I know that under no circumstances is binging a healthy lifestyle. I'm thankful though that my binges are now on healthier food, because for the most part the crap doesn't exist in my house anymore, and even if it does oddly enough I've learned to resist it. So why can't I resist the entire binge...I'm not sure. I've been avoiding therapy for this issue for a long time, I'm not sure I'm quite ready but it maybe inevitable. I'm going to give this maintenance transition a little more time it's only been since July and I'm hoping with a little more time the anxiety of maintenance will subside and I'll just fall into a rhythm.