South Beach Diet - On-Plan Support, 9/6 - 9/12

View Full Version : On-Plan Support, 9/6 - 9/12

CyndiM
09-06-2010, 09:50 AM
It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

zeffryn
09-06-2010, 11:22 AM
1: oatmeal with a few chunks of peach
2: big salad (lettuce, peppers, celery, tomatoes, cukes, radish), chicken salad
3: sf skinny latte
4: asian glazed chicken, broccoli

exercise (after being off for 3 days) - hopefully running 5 miles.

CyndiM
09-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Phase 2

B: fruit & protein smoothie
S: 1/2 c high fiber cereal, tea
L: beans, broccoli & salsa
S: apple, chia fresca
D: flatbread pizza on the grill, grilled, eggplant, squash & peppers

exercise - hikette up the mtn, ball crunches (it's been months, that's going to hurt)

EmmaD
09-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Today will be challenging. In transit and with friends who never have to think about what they eat...

Phase 1, Day 8

B - coffee with almond milk, chocolate cheesecake smoothie (with yogurt & lf cream cheese) with protein powder
L - taco salad with refried beans, melted lf cheese, Romaine lettuce, salsa, and 1/4 avocado
Ss - raw broccoli and orange pepper slices w/ hummus, celery with Laughing Cow light, raw almonds (I'm bringing these with me)
D - the ultimate challenge. I'll bring veggie sausages in case we will be grilling (I can hope). If someone chooses a restaurant, I'm in trouble, but I'll do what I can. In fact, I've just decided I'm going to bring even more snacks so maybe I can get out of the group dinner altogether....

Usernametaken
09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Phase 2
B-Veggie Scramble and Turkey Bacon
L-Turkey BLT on ww, also a couple of slices of turkey pastami with laughing cow
D-Chicken stuffed with sundried tomatoes and kalamata olives, spinach stuffed mushrooms

BellaLucia
09-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Phase I, Day 2: fish, soup, peanuts, beans, fish and soup with 8 cups of water!

zeffryn
09-07-2010, 10:41 AM
1: blueberry smoothie - yogurt, blueberries, palm sugar, almond milk
2: edamame saute
3: chia fresca, peppers and hummus
4: hamburgers (sans bun), salad, sweet potato wedges

EmmaD
09-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Well, yesterday was interesting. I ate way less than I had planned, but it was OK. When I finally had a chance to eat my snack of pepper strips and broccoli with spicy hummus - omg, it was the best thing ever! I had also packed dried green beans, almonds and celery sticks and Laughing Cow light (didn't get to eat that as I didn't think ahead about the difficulty of spreading the cheese on the go ... next time I'll pack them pre-made) Yay, I have to remember to always bring snacks! I have a small insulated lunch bag and I threw in a small ice pack and crammed the whole thing in my backpack. Perfect!

Phase 1, Day 9. I've been in love with my food recently so I am keeping things almost the same today :)

B - coffee with us almond milk
walk, yoga class
chocolate "berry" smoothie (with plain yogurt, soy protein powder, wild berry Crystal Light and cocoa powder) = so good!!
L - taco salad with refried beans, melted lf cheese, Romaine lettuce, salsa, and 1/4 avocado, decaf brewed iced tea
S1 - raw broccoli and orange pepper slices w/ spicy hummus
S2 - celery with Laughing Cow light, Tofurkey slices with light cream cheese and arugula
D - zucchini "lasagna" with spinach/broccoli/ricotta/pesto/tomato sauce, fresh green beans sauteed with walnuts/thyme/meyer lemon

zeffryn
09-08-2010, 10:06 AM
We're going on a little vacation this weekend, so I'm busily trying to figure out snacks to bring along. I'm going to pack the soft sided cooler with stuff. I figure cut veggies, dried fruit, hummus, almonds and walnuts, cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs.

At least the hotel has a gym. I'm going to bring my running shoes and plan to get in at least a few miles both Friday and Saturday morning. I'm planning one off plan meal at an outrageously good tex-mex joint and that will warrant the running.

-
1: greek yogurt, flax, walnuts
2: edamame, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, yellow squash saute
3: cut veg and hummus
4: chicken with 40 cloves, mashed cauliflower, salad

EmmaD
09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Phase 1, Day 10
B - coffee with almond milk, egg crepe with "creamed" spinach, low sodium vegetable juice [note: I think I have to be done with eggs for now. Even this small amount of egg was hard to stomach :p]
L - shiritaki noodles with peanut sauce, topped with fresh green beans, green onions and broccoli
S1 - Romaine lettuce leaves with lf tuna salad
S2 - yogurt with garlic/roasted red peppers/tomatoes
D - veggie sausages on a bed of sauteed cabbage, white bean salad, green salad

zeffryn
09-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Emma, i love the shirataki with peanut sauce idea. unfortunately, the store i used to buy shirataki noodles at stopped selling them...time to find a new store!

how did you do the "creamed" spinach?

EmmaD
09-08-2010, 04:45 PM
I had to make a special trip to find the noodles, so I stocked up. I went to a giant mainstream store and found them in the "weird" vegetarian products section (I say "weird" as someone who buys these things routinely).

The creamed spinach is just 1/2 cup frozen spinach with 2 wedges of Laughing Cow light, heated until the cheese melts. I don't cook & drain the spinach first, as the liquid improves the consistency. I love this! My husband does, too, when I have served it as a side dish. He has no idea it's so low-cal.

Usernametaken
09-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Have to cover 2 days since my modem was messed up yesterday.

Tuesday
B-HB egg
L-Leftover stuffed chicken breast, cabbage slaw
D-Turkey Blt's (addicted to these this week) and cabbage slaw (made waay too much :) )

Wednesday
B-HB egg
L-tomato and cucumber salad in 2 tbsp balsamic dressing, red pepper hummus, lettuce, and broccoli in a flat out
Snack-Celery with blue cheese flavored laughing cow
D-Kofta and Tzaziki with tomatoes in a ww pita

murphmitch
09-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Phase II

B: Veggie omelet with Egg Beaters
S: RF Cheese stick
L: Picked the chicken out of a work provided meal, then went to the cafeteria and ate my usual very large salad with kidney beans
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte, carrots, hummus
D: Sauteed chicken breast with roasted onions, cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms
S: Almond butter

zeffryn
09-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Emma, that spinach sounds excellent. I think I'll give it a try this morning. I have some of the chipotle laughing cow right now too.

traveling today. most meals are going to be on the road.

1: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
2: veggie whole wheat pita (ww pita stuffed with lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots and hummus) -- pretty decent for a quick lunch. i love that restaurant.
3: snacks on the road - brought cut veggies, laughing cow wedges, hummus and dried apples
4: i have no idea what we're having for dinner. i'm going to stick with lean protein and vegetables wherever we go - since we'll be in new orleans, i want to go seafood.

EmmaD
09-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Phase 1, Day 11

B - coffee with us almond milk
yoga, walk to/from gym
chocolate cheesecake smoothie with protein powder added [NO.MORE.EGGS for a while]
L - fresh-picked tomato and mozzarella salad
S1 - orange pepper slices and broccoli with spicy hummus
S2 - celery with Laughing Cow light
D - [OK, full disclosure - my dinner did not work out as planned yesterday, but it was still Phase 1. So I'm planning almost the same again] Veggie sausages on a bed of sauteed cabbage, steamed fresh-picked green beans, green salad
Dessert - 1 oz mixed pepitas & walnuts

Usernametaken
09-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Phase 2

B- HB egg
L-Kofta, tomatoes, and tzaziki sauce on a flatout
D-Sirloin stirfry with celery, portabellos, and broccoli

murphmitch
09-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Phase II

B: 2 Hard boiled eggs, V8
S: RF cheese stick
L: Salmon, huge salad
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
D: Chicken, zucchini, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, onions
S: 1 oz dark chocolate, almond butter

usam
09-10-2010, 10:52 AM
This was going to be a hard week for me but guess what? I did it!
Well, it is the second week of phase 1. Monday we went to the parade and got three bags of candy which I put away to give out for Halloween!
Wednesday my daughter took cupcakes to school for her Birthday and had about 10 left over which she brought home. I stuck them in the fridge as it was pretty hot and haven't looked at them since. Yesterday was my daughters actual birthday and we went out for dinner which I only had a salad. Then my husband got her a chocolate ice- cream cake from Coldstone and I never touched it! Keep in mind that cakes are my downfall. But I did it :carrot:
This Sunday is my Anniversary but I transition to phase 2 so I can have a glass of wine right? I am making him a nice dinner so can "control" everything!
Oh, and I have lost four lbs which for me is a huge success because I don't loose weight fast at all.
Thanks to all for being here and getting me through the hard phase. :dizzy:

BellaLucia
09-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Congrats usam! Do u have lots to lose like me?

EmmaD
09-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Phase 1, Day 12

B - Coffee with almond milk, chocolate cheesecake smoothie made with yogurt & protein powder
L - an experiment - vegetarian "meatballs" with tomato sauce and shirataki noodles (should be interesting), green salad, brewed iced tea
S - red pepper strips with hummus, glass of low sodium vegetable juice
S2 - Tofurkey roll-ups with light cream cheese, green onions and arugula
Gym for some weight-lifting
D - Grilled tuna steak, cabbage salad, sliced tomatoes
dessert - 1 oz raw walnuts & almonds

Heidi58
09-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Phase 2

B: string cheese & v8
S: almonds, hot tea
L: Bean soup, tomato salad
S: green pepper strips & hommus
D: steamed veggies, tomato salad with chickpeas and cucumber, SF jello
A milky beverage this evening.

My walk was rained out again. :( I'm trying to muster up the ambition to hit the treadmill and/or wii fit now.

Usernametaken
09-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Phase 2
Friday-
B-HB egg
L-Leftover stirfry
D-WW tortilla with nsa tomato sauce, spinach, broccoli, red bell pepper, kalamata olives and part skim mozzerella, corona light x2

murphmitch
09-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Phase II

B: V8, 2 boiled eggs,
S: RF Cheese stick
L: Deli turkey, beans, huge salad
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
D: Amy's Low Fat Black Bean Chili (Busy 12 hour shift at work)
S: Almond butter, dark chocolate

EmmaD
09-11-2010, 01:17 PM
B - coffee with almond milk
yoga class, walk to and from yoga studio
chocolate cheesecake smoothie with yogurt & protein powder
L - Taco salad with refried beans, a little melted lowfat cheese, lot of chopped Romaine lettuce with salsa on top
S - red pepper strips with spicy hummus
S2 - almonds
D - will almost for sure be at least a little off plan, don't know yet what is being served so I can't plan :( - but I'll do the best I can.

Usernametaken
09-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Phase 2
B-Starbucks spinach, egg white, and feta wrap
L- JJs "Unwich" (veggies, mayo, cheese, and avocado wrapped in a lettuce leaf)
D-Filet mignon with asparagus and whole grain bruschetta

Not cooking anything myself today. Very weird not to be in complete control of my food!

Nametakensmom
09-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Newcomer to the site, thanks to Daughter!
Phase 1
B-subway club salad, splash of vinegar and oil
L-JJ unwich (veggies, mayo, cheese, and avocado wrapped in a lettuce leaf)
S-Starbucks FF/SF Carmel frap (not completely sure this is ok. Anyone know??)
D-Filet mignon with asparagus and bruschetta toppings

murphmitch
09-11-2010, 07:10 PM
S-Starbucks FF/SF Carmel frap (not completely sure this is ok. Anyone know??)

If it's made with skim milk and sugar free syrup, no whip and no caramel topping, it's OK.

murphmitch
09-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Phase 2
B-Starbucks spinach, egg white, and feta wrap

The wrap is a no-no. It is made with white flour, not 100% whole grain.

Ingredients:

wheat wrap [water, whole wheat flour, enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), canola oil, vital wheat gluten, corn starch, oat fiber, soy protein, honey, salt, yeast, monoglycerides, guar gum, dextrose, soybean oil, sesame flour, yeast (inactive), calcium sulfate, calcium propionate, fumaric acid, l-cysteine, fungal amylase].

Bellissa
09-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Hello! Here's my today! I woke up at 3 because I didn't get to bed until 5am so I haven't eaten too too much.
Phase 1
L: Salad with cucumbers, grilled shrimp
S: 2 S/F Dove chocolates
D: 1 slice F/F turkey lunch meat, 1 cup cottage cheese
S: 2 cups F/F NSA Plain yogurt (this was to mix my doses of penicillin for a tooth infection I can't swallow pills) Sweetened with crystal light

Heidi58
09-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Phase 2

B - yogurt with chia seeds, hot tea with milk & splenda and a can of v8
L - tomato, cucumber and chickpea salad, cottage cheese
S - hommus & pepper strips
D - chicken stir fry, salad, SF jello

I'll have a milky beverage some time this afternoon or evening, probably a raspberry smoothie. :) There's a nice, long walk on my agenda and some time with the wii fit plus, too.

CyndiM
09-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Phase 2

B: fruity greek yogurt smoothie
L: curried zucchini soup, veggie burger
S:
D:lentil eggplant burgers, grilled veggies

exercise: a bike ride if the rain holds off and Wii step aerobics if it doesn't

zeffryn
09-12-2010, 01:58 PM
I won't even go into how off plan the past two days were. tsk. tsk.

today, back on plan. Emma, that "creamed" spinach was awesome!

-
1: creamed spinach, poached egg, half whole wheat bagel with 1 tsp. almond butter, coffee
2: cut veggies and hummus
3: chicken and white bean enchilada filling (family is having enchiladas, i'll bake some filling separately for me), cauliflower rice

p.a.
09-12-2010, 02:53 PM
b-
yogurt
banana
coffee
ls v8
s-
cheese
coffee
l-
egg white omlette, pepeprs, onions, ff ch slice
water
s-
celery, cottage cheese
apple
s-
hamb patty
salad
cauliflower with lc cheese
skim milk
s-
tea

Usernametaken
09-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Phase 2
B-Veggie scramble
L-spinach, broccoli, red bell pepper, cucumber, hummus and tomatoes in a ww tortilla, SBD "Milkshake"
D-Big bi salad w/ 2 T balsamic dressing, probable sf fudgesicle

EmmaD
09-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Whew, survived a crazy uncontrolled weekend.

Phase 1 - except dinner last night which would be Phase 3 :p

Last night for dinner, I had
1) ONE glass of wine
2) a pear and arugula salad with blue cheese and walnuts
3) seared halibut on a bed of kale, with pureed leeks (there might have been some potato in there, but that wasn't mentioned) with tomatillo salsa and
4) a few bites of an apple/strawberry/rhubarb cobbler, avoiding the pastry bits as best I could.
Could I have done better? You betcha! I could have asked questions about the dressing on the salad and/or gotten it on the side, I could have asked more questions about the fish, I could have avoided the dessert altogether, I could have not ordered any alcohol at all ... but I am very proud of myself for doing well under the circumstances and having a blast with my friends.

Today, still not on my own territory, I had my morning coffee and milk, then a late brunch (I was staaaaaarving...) at a Mexican restaurant. Argh - and all I wanted was a big salad... so anyway, I ended up having NO chips while we were waiting for the food, only diet Coke while everyone else was drinking beer and I ordered a shrimp cocktail (shrimp, avocado and pico de gallo tomato/onion mixture) and a side order of plain pinto beans. And it was GOOD.

:carrot: for surviving Mexican food temptation :)

The rest of the day:
S - red pepper slices with spicy hummus
D - veggie sausage with sauteed cabbage, green salad
dessert - yogurt with walnuts