Chicks up for a Challenge - September Weight Loss Challenge

View Full Version : September Weight Loss Challenge

Ms Perception
09-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Sorry for getting another late start here, but let's gear up for fall with a strong September!

The rules of this thread are simple. You set your weight loss related goal(s), it gets added to the goal list. When you reach your goal, it gets turned Red. We have a sister thread for exercise related goals. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/211388-september-exercise-challenge.html. We love to hear about your success, as well as your challenges throughout the month. We're here to support and encourage each other to be our best. So, let's get started!

Ms Perception
09-01-2010, 01:37 AM
I will start. I've had a shameful summer of eating poorly and gaining weight, so turning that around is step #1!
My goals:
Lose 10 pounds (I'll own up to my start weight in the morning.:()
Track food and weight daily (even when out of town!)

Rashomon
09-01-2010, 02:06 AM
SW: 215.8
GW: < 205

Lose 10 pounds
No fast food

susiemartin
09-01-2010, 07:32 AM
:) Goals -
Lose 8 lbs.
Weigh Daily
Check In 3X a week

SW - 227.0
GW - 219.0

My Michelle
09-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Yay!

For September my goals are:
- Lose 10 pounds
- Weigh every day
- Eat totally clean (no treats this month!)
- Exercise at least 3 times per week

SW 176.2
GW 164.4

Zinger
09-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Hi Everyone! I'm going to join this challenge. I've been looking around and I think I am getting used to how to use the forum. Time to get serious and make some connections. When do we start? I'm ready to go. :cp:

Starting Wt 168
Goal Wt 162

Zinger
09-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Sorry to post on my own post - I just realized its September First. I'm starting now. Just weight myself and its 168.2.

Good luck to everyone!

CardboardCutoutCat
09-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Hollllaa

MsPerception , I'm in the exact same boat as you, I've also had a whole Summer of eating and drinking and gaining. FINALLY took the plunge yesterday and stood on the scales. A 10lb gain but I thought it would be a lot more so I'll graciously accept that and now I'll work on getting rid of it and resuming good eating and exercise.

So, my goal for this month is to lose 6lbs. That's 180-174

Also to exercise 5 times a week at least and CUT DOWN on alcohol especially wine.

Good luck everybody! xx

TheBunneh
09-01-2010, 11:06 AM
My September goal is to see 173 on the scale.

Lewisempire
09-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Hello everyone! I too have been lazy about watching my calories. And this mornng I am back up to 207:fr: that is NOT GOOD! soooo
Sept. goal
lose 8 pounds
plan food everyday

Good luck to everyone!

VickieLou
09-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Goal this month lose 10 LBS. Read The Beck Diet Solution.

SW: 248.4
GW: 238.4

dancerindenver
09-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Howdy, all!
Goal this month is to lose 3lbs (and finally be able to move my ticker again!!)
SW: 167
GW: 164

Aunty Jam
09-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Can I be in both Sept. weight loss threads? I need all the support I can get!

CW - 147
GW - 139

I need to:
- Work out at least 3 times a week again
- Quit snacking/watch calories better
- Stop eating at night!

TERAPET
09-01-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm in.

CW: 148
GW: 141

I usually am not able to take off 7 pounds in one month because I am a bit generous to myself with the daily calorie intake. However, I thought I might try to push myself since I am getting close to my stated goal (which I may change but I am not prepared to commit to that yet!)

Ms Perception
09-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Hey everyone! So glad to see people found the thread. :D Let's get this party started!
I weighed in this morning and I'm up to 148.6. Bummer, but onward and downward! I'll get the list organized and posted tomorrow once the majority of the people have joined for the month. (Just a reminder: Anyone can join at ANY time.) Have a great, healthy day!!

My Michelle
09-01-2010, 06:04 PM
September 1 is in the bag for me. Yay!

Ate totally clean meals, exercised, and drank plenty of water. I'm finally getting over the craving for soda, it feels good to be totally soda-free!

Can I be in both Sept. weight loss threads? I need all the support I can get!

Sure, why not! You can be in as many challenges as you like!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress this month!

dcapulet
09-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Ok, for this month -

1500 min of exercise
8lbs
complete 30ds!!

envelope
09-01-2010, 08:16 PM
my goals are:
Lose atleast 10 lbs, todays weight - 183.6 goal weight 173.6 (I like the way this sounds!)
Jog atleast 4 times a week
Stay on plan, for me summer was easy, but I am a bit worried now that school has started back up. I have a very busy semester and I tend to over eat when tired or stressed.

Risssa
09-01-2010, 08:26 PM
From Tuesday August 31 to Tuesday October 5 (I weigh in on Tuesdays), in that 5 week period is to lose 10 lbs and weigh 181.2. A bonus goal is to weigh 179.9 and be in the 170s!

That means I have to average 2 lbs a week. I have proven that is possible for me, but I just have to be clean.

I will do an 3 week update on September 21, 2010.

I am excited for all these new challenges!!!

LouisaH
09-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks MsP, for starting the thread (good job on babysitting, LE!).

My goal is eight pounds: 155.4 > 147.4 (OMG, 140-something? really?)

onestar
09-02-2010, 01:43 AM
i'm back and haven't been on here since July. i also have been eating any and everything i want. havent really gained anything but i can tell that i've gained inches. my clothes are not so baggy anymore just a little. i'm happy about that tho. i'm just ready to get back into the routine and start losing again. i need motivation. anyways here are ny stats or whatever:

sw: 163
gw: 153

drink only water and milk (except the ocassional adult beverge on the occassional wekend)

exercise 4x a week

susiemartin
09-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Yesterday was OP :)

Zinger
09-02-2010, 08:37 AM
9/2 weigh in, same as yesterday. I was on my game yesterday, and stayed on plan, so i'm not too worried. I hope to see the drop this weekend because its going to be so nice outside!

Hanging at 168.2..

dancerindenver
09-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Morning, girls!
The scale is being kind today so I'm down a pound to 166. I haven't been able to get lower than 165 so far so I'm really looking forward to busting through that particular weight. Isn't it weird how your body has different spots where it seems to want to hang out? I've spent lots of time in the past at this particular weight - the next one after this seemed to be 153 and I would love to be stuck there again ;)

Hope everyone's having a skinny thursday! LouisaH, onestar and MsP - nice to see you guys again!

tamaraj
09-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Well...I missed August's goal so I'll try again!

Before October 1 I want to:

Be 165lbs
Find a fitness routine that I enjoy

Good luck everyone!
Tamara

econ nerd
09-02-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm in. I have been away from here for too long and have regained too much... (must change ticker and profile info...) But yesterday I took the plunge and joined Weight Watchers at work. Our first meeting is the 8th. So this week I plan to get started and then I'll follow closely once I get all my materials from the first meeting.

Starting weight: 265 :o
Goal for September: down 10 pounds

Lewisempire
09-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Good morning ladies, I thought I would make a quick stop here before I went to plan my meals for today. I hope everyone is having an POP day! I finally got back on plan and stayed there yesterday! YAAYYY! It looks like this month we have a lot of people in that same "lazy days of summer-got me off plan" boat! Well at least I am not alone. LOL I am ready to get back to serious business! I hope everyone has a Fantastic day!

nurse2be
09-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I have been bad, bad, bad lately since the kids went back to school + the madness has begun w/their activities...no time for Mom!

So my goal is to lose 10 lbs. and exercise everyday even for 15 mins.

SW: 165
GW: 155

TheBunneh
09-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Hello everyone, I hope September is starting out well for you all.

I weighed 175.2 this morning! So I'm very hopeful for this month. I know it's probably going to fluctuate up again but I'm prepared for it. I know that I just have to stay OP through the scales teasing and it will be okay.

I'm having a little bit of a hard time getting back in the grove of things after a seriously strange start to the week (trip to the ER after a seizure). I'm almost afraid to exercise, which makes no sense because that certainly wasn't my problem. And I'm sure I'm fine. Ah well, I think I just need some time. As long as I watch my calories still I'll be okay.

TERAPET
09-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Is anyone else getting nervous about the Labor Day weekend? I went to the store today to get some things for lunch and I was sorely tempted by all the picnic type goodies on sale. I tell myself that the sale price is not that great and I can get this stuff anytime but it sure got my appetite for high calorie goodies revved up just the same. However, I don't have a lot of room this month for party food so I am going to try to persevere through the weekend. In the meanwhile, I will probably have to send someone else to the store for any necessary provisions to avoid snack envy.

My Michelle
09-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Is anyone else getting nervous about the Labor Day weekend?

Oh yes, I'm nervous. I made a special trip to the store today to make sure I was stocked up on my favorite on-plan meals so that I won't be tempted by the party food that I know will be around for the weekend. I'm already pysching myself up for the challenge!

julie99s
09-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm gonna hop in. :)

SW 235
GW 225

I also would like to cut back on my drinking. I don't get trashed, but a drink or two 4-5 nights a week adds up. I haven't had a drink in 5 days (very proud of myself!). I'd like to limit my drinking to one day a week, IF I desire it. Haven't been interested in drinking since I've been working out daily.

FitVision
09-02-2010, 07:01 PM
I am jumping in too!

Starting weight 205
End of September Goal: 199
I just want to get under 200!

Other Goals:
Exercise 3 times per week
No regular pop

My Michelle
09-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Fitvision, how exciting that you'll be breaking into ONEderland during this challenge!

bikini bod
09-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm confident because now I'm being held accountable for my weight loss. Thanks for the nudge. I want to lose 9 pounds. That will put me at 159! Whoo hoo.
sw 170
cw 168
sept goal 159
gw 140
8-10 glasses of water a day
exercise 4x a week
plan my meals for the day

Ms Perception
09-03-2010, 12:22 AM
September Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red :)

Ms Perception: Lose 10 lbs, Track food and weight daily
Rashomon: Lose 10 lbs, No fast food
susiemartin: Lose 8 lbs, Weigh daily, Check-in 3X/week
My Michelle: Lose 10 lbs, Weigh daily, Eat totally clean
Zinger: Reach 162 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat: Lose 6 lbs, Cut down on alcohol
TheBunneh: Reach 173 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 8 lbs, Plan food everyday
VickieLou: Lose 10 lbs, Read Beck Diet Solution
dancerindenver: Lose 3 lbs
Aunty Jam: Lose 8 lbs, Quit snacking/Watch calories better, Stop eating at night
TERAPET: Lose 7 lbs
dcapulet: Lose 8 lbs
envelope: Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
Risssa: Lose 10 lbs
LouisaH: Lose 8 lbs
onestar: Lose 10 lbs, Drink only milk & water (with occ. adult beverage)
tamaraj: Reach 165 lbs, Find a fitness routine
econ nerd: Lose 10 lbs
nurse2be: Lose 10 lbs
julie99s: Lose 10 lbs, Cut back on drinking
FitVision: Reach 199 lbs, No regular pop
bikini bod: Lose 9 lbs, Drink 8-10 glasses water/day, Plan meals for each day

Ms Perception
09-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Well, I know it's late, but I finally got the list posted! Here it is ladies...we can totally do this. I know some of you set the bar pretty high for yourself, so let's expect the best for this month. Welcome to all the people who've joined, old and new. This is a great place for support and encouragement! Now that I'll have a little more time, I hope to check-in earlier in the day and cheer everyone on. I know I'll need it in return! Today I was down to 147.4 which was nice since it's progress in the right direction. Food hasn't been 100% OP still but getting better as I get rid of some "naughty" trigger foods from the house. That makes a big difference a lot of times.
Speaking of the Labor Day temptations, DH decided we should have a grill out party with his family at our house, so I'll be surrounded by the stuff Monday. Moderation will be my word of the day that day! LOL

LouisaH
09-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Yay, it's like old home week with familiar faces back! dancerindenver and onestar, good to see you again!

August felt like a vacation from the diet (not really, because it was still really hard, I just feel lucky I lost anything at all). Now I am ready to reach my goal and begin maintenance. My biggest fear is that I'll get lazy about my calories before I establish a maintenance program. The object of my weight loss this time is to establish maintenance, not reach goal and then stop. As much as I wish this were a race to the finish line, I know that it's really a lifelong marathon. blah blah blah.

The scales were friendly this morning with a 1.2 pound loss--I'm back to my ticker weight and almost back to the 153.6 pounds I saw last Saturday before I went on a vodka blitzkrieg. I ate over my calories today, but it's been a strenuous week, and my body told me I needed more food. I'm just hoping the scales will agree tomorrow morning.

My Michelle
09-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Good morning everyone, TGIF! Is everyone ready to stare down the barrel of Labor Day weekend? I'm planning for success!

Zinger
09-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Wonderful List Ms Perception - Thank-you!
Good Luck to Everyone!

TERAPET
09-03-2010, 09:10 AM
I have not figured out any solid plans for the weekend yet. Of course I will try to be moderate and watch the alcohol but to tell the truth I would really like to stay in my losing place if possible. That is going to require more than moderation. I guess it will be a day at a time. Today there are no special plans but it is Friday so that could change. However, I am going to try to stick to my 1500 calories today and just eat the usual. Tomorrow is both a college football game and going out to dinner. No chicken wings and beer this year. Go Jackets!

Ms P-Thanks for the list. Now it's official. Git 'er done.

TheBunneh
09-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Okay, well this is weeeeiiird. I weighed 173.8 this morning. :eek: I've heard people talking about "big wooshes" on the scale, but I've never experienced it! Oddness! :dizzy:

I'm expecting it to go right back up of course, so I'm not considering my goal met. If it doesn't go up within a week or so I'll change my goal to a lower number. I mean I like it when things are easy, but it would be no fun being done three days in! :lol:

dancerindenver
09-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Thebunneh - too funny - same situation here (which is majorly unusual for me) - I weighed in at 165 yesterday, down 2lbs from my 9/1 weight and I never have whooshes usually. Just one more pound to meet goal for the month but like you I will lower my goal if I get there soon. Chalk this one up as a nice problem to have ;)

Off for a run and to do a bunch of errands prior to guests arriving this afternoon. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend...

LouisaH
09-03-2010, 12:18 PM
The Bunneh: Yay, a woosh! Maybe it's your body telling you to have more confidence and aim higher for yourself. lol.

MsP: Since you're the hostess at your party, can you request certain foods from the guests (like salad or a bunny platter), so that you can be in charge of some of the the regularly high fat/cal dishes that you might want to eat--like potato salad desserts? Then you can make them a little healthier, or at least make some for yourself with less fat/cals before adding more to the rest. I find that I like hosting better than attending parties for this very reason. Good luck!

My Michelle: I love the "staring down the barrel of Labor Day" line.

I, like Terapet, have no solid plans yet, but am sure we will at least grill some meat, which is often enough to make me overeat--it seems ridiculous to grill anything substantial and eat a measly 3 oz., or whatever. I'm fantasizing about a smoked pork shoulder, but that is way too dangerous. I think I could put away a pound of that!

I'm feeling pretty good this morning. I weighed in at 153.6 today, and worked out for a long enough time to cover my going out to lunch today!
Happy Friday everyone! Plan well for the weekend and remember that we all have to check in for that accountability, so be good!

LouisaH
09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Dancer, you posted while I was typing, so I didn't see it before I sent. Congrats! Let's hope this is the major trend for the month. Maybe it's like when our TOMs all adjust to the same time--we're all going to drop a bunch of weight this month! lol.

CardboardCutoutCat
09-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey girls,

Ok weird but I've had a little whoosh too! Have been 175 for the past two days. Hope it keeps going down! Putting it down to the extra exercise I've been doing and cutting out the junk this week.

My Michelle
09-03-2010, 02:28 PM
I sure hope the whooshiness is contagious, I wouldn't complain about a big dose of some of that!

Congrats to you all whooshers!

Newshinyme
09-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi, remember me? I see a couple of familiar faces still around and a lot of ladies I have not met before.
I used to be a part of this wonderful group about a year ago, then I started struggling and stopped coming around. Now, all of the weight I had lost has come back (not sure exactly how much because I've been avoiding the scale).
I cannot keep gaining weight, my clothes don't fit anymore and I feel really crappy. It's time to get back to the healthier lifestyle I had adopted, I just felt so much better.
Anyway, here I am once more. I still don't have a defined plan of action yet, but I will work on it on the weekend and post it here. For now, my goal is to face the scale, come up with a plan and become accountable daily with you.

Ms Perception
09-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Hey all! Woke up with the flu at 3 a.m., so just here to report that I'll be lying in bed foa day or 2. On the upside, I have absolutely NO appetite. Not exactly the way I wanted to lose!

Welcome back, NSM! We've missed you!!

FitVision
09-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Fitvision, how exciting that you'll be breaking into ONEderland during this challenge!

Thanks! I sure hope to be able to do that!

TheBunneh
09-03-2010, 08:11 PM
MsP: Get better soon! The flu is definitely no fun to deal with.

And yay for all the other wooshes! I do hope this is a trend for Sept. :D

I just got back from a doctor appointment, and lunch at the Olive Garden with hubby. :o I knoooooow I shouldn't have, but oh well I just won't have any treats for a while.

We got a referral to a neurologist and they'll probably do an EEG to make sure everything is okay and that I'm not likely to have another seizure. And I'm not allowed to drive for three months, which I'm fine with since I have been putting off getting my license anyway. :dizzy:

Oh, and I also just found out one of the cats back home either got hit by a car or attacked by dogs and will probably need to be put down. :(

susiemartin
09-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Check In Time :)
Ms.P - Hope you feel better soon!

Yesterday was OP. Planning for another today.
Hope your day is a good one :carrot:

TERAPET
09-04-2010, 09:08 AM
The Bunneh-I am sorry to hear about your kitty. Sounds like good news from the doc though.

MsP-I had the flu earlier this summer and lost like 5 pounds. Not a pleasant way to do it though. Get lots of rest.

I went hiking in the heat yesterday and got overheated and dehydrated near the top of a small mountain. What a dumb move on my part. Thankfully another hiker helped me get to the nearest road where my son met me with a car. I feel so bad for not making better decisions. I did about everything wrong except I did take a fair amount of water with me, I should have drank more before the hike among other things. Lessons learned though.

Have a great day chicks!

My Michelle
09-04-2010, 09:36 AM
MsP: I'm sorry to hear you're feeling yucky, that sucks! Flu in the summer is awful!

Terapet: I'm so glad you're OK, dehydration/heat exhaustion can really knock you out!

Bunneh: I'm so sorry to hear about the kitty, that's awful! I hope you'll be seizure-free from now on!

I was on-plan yesterday but didn't see any movement in the scale this morning. I'm hoping to drop just a tad more before my "official" Monday weigh-in!

Have a good, on-plan Saturday all!

TheBunneh
09-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Thank you all for your sympathies on the kitty. They did put him down last night because his injuries were too extensive. And he was, after all, 14 years old. Which I guess is pretty good for a cat (especially one that insisted on going outside). I just hate that he had to suffer.

Terapet: Glad you're okay!

Congrats to those OP yesterday. :carrot:

I was up to 174.8 this morning, which I'm actually pretty pleased with considering my unexpected woosh down and eating at Olive Garden yesterday. I'm going to keep an eye on fluctuations and reassess my goal sometime next week. Once I'm through 173 I'm in all brand new progress on the scale, and it would feel great to be there by my birthday (Sept 25th). It's the big Two-One. :D Can you say margarita? :dizzy: lol

Newshinyme
09-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Ms. P.: Thanks, I've missed you too. Feel better soon :hug:

LouisaH
09-04-2010, 04:12 PM
MsP: feeling any better yet? Hope recovery comes quickly and with lots of weight loss!

TheBunneh: Sorry about kitty. My fourteen-year-old cat vanished two years ago and I'm still not over it. Hope the neurologist gets you taken care of.

NSM: I wasn't here when you were last--I started coming in January--but I'm glad you are back and being accountable to yourself. We're all cheering you on to get that weight back off and feel better again!

TERAPET: My goodness, you be careful and get lots of rest!

My Michelle and susiemartin: way to stay on plan!

I woke up to another 1.2 pound loss this morning, so the scales and I are now BFFN (best friends for now), lol. Seeing 152.4 on the scale sure felt good, and put me over 60 pounds lost since starting Jan. 1. woot woot! I'm fantasizing about Moroccan food and am planning a yummy dinner--at least when I make it I can account for what's in it and track it properly. Let's hope it's not so delicious that I can't stop eating it!

susiemartin
09-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Check In Time :)
Yesterday was OP - planning another today.

My Michelle
09-05-2010, 09:10 AM
I was on-plan yesterday, and I've worked out every day in September and eaten clean every day so far. Monday's are my official weigh-in, so far I'm down 4 for the week, so that is a great week for me.

LouisaH: Great job, congrats on over 60 pounds lost this year, that is just incredible! I hope your Moroccan dinner was delicious!

TERAPET
09-05-2010, 10:23 AM
LouisaH-Awesome job on the 60 pounds kicked to the curb! :dancer: You are so close to your goal. Good for you!

MyMichelle & susiemartin-Congrats on sticking to your plan. Way to go. :high:

I had a great day yesterday. I had Williamson's BBQ for lunch, went to the Georgia Tech football game (nosebleed section), and then dinner at Marietta Square with friends. According to my very unscientific calorie counting, I stayed within my calorie range but I wouldn't expect to eat like that everyday and lose weight. Yesterday also included my weekly alcohol ration so that means more calories dedicated to food today. We are planning to have a small family get together for low country boil. Yum.

dcapulet
09-05-2010, 02:29 PM
So finally weighing in -

260 to start, so with 8 lbs as the goal, I hope to be 252 by sept 30.

Zinger
09-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Hi All - checking in! I was away for 2 days, and tried to stay on plan. I did get some excercise too, I peddled 22 miles on my bike this morning. I didnt' step on the scale yet though, I will do that in the morning. I think I'm okay -

Enjoy your labor day events!

Ms Perception
09-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Good evening ladies! Just checking in to say I'm fairly recovered from the flu and ready to get my game face on. Look forward to making goal and being proud of myself at the end of this month. It'll be a refreshing change, let me tell ya!

Ms Perception
09-05-2010, 11:15 PM
September Goal List

Aunty Jam: Lose 8 lbs, Quit snacking/Watch calories better, Stop eating at night
Newshinyme: Face the scale, Make a plan, Stay accountable on 3FC

susiemartin
09-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Check In Time

Well I made and passed my Memorial Day - Labor Day personal challenge. My goal was 30 lbs. and I lost 34 :carrot:

I'm very happy.

Today I'm starting a personal Labor Day to New Year's Day challenge. It's 16 weeks more or less until the end of the year. I'm going for 35 lbs. It might be too ambitious - I'm not sure. Christmas always is a problem for me.

Hope you enjoy your holiday! I'm back outside painting :cool:

My Michelle
09-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Congratulations SusieMartin, how wonderful that you met your goal! WAY TO GO! :carrot:

I was on-plan yesterday and I exercised, yay! Planning on having a great Labor Day!

In the last 28 days I've lost 12.6 pounds, so I know what I'm doing is working, but jeeze, some days I just wish the weight would go FASTER! The next 30 days will make a big difference in my body, I know that, I just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I'm really glad we have this challenge to stay focused. I keep telling myself that if I can stay in a good eating/exercise pattern now that by the time the holidays roll around I won't feel like I should cringe out of every photo. That right there should be enough motivation! To feel GOOD on January 1, instead of feeling like, "OMG I need to start losing weight!"

TERAPET
09-06-2010, 09:48 AM
My Michelle-I know exactly how you feel. I get so excited and find it very difficult to be patient. I want it now. However, it doesn't work that way so we just have to keep moving along and then in time, (actually a fairly short time when I stick to plan) it happens. Right now I am a bit frustrated because my waist measurement has hardly changed in like two months. I know from past experience that this is the place where it starts coming off my waist again but I am not there yet. This is probably the month though if I can just hang in there and not go off plan. I do not want to think about how many times I have gotten lazy at this point and gone back to bad eating habits and regained the weight. I am not going to do that this time. And then I think, oh my gosh, am I really going to lose all this weight? Is it really possible? I lost my job back in May though and this is one thing that keeps me sane. If I can't have money, at least I can be skinnier! Ha,ha.

julie99s
09-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Susie, congrats on exceeding your goal! Best of luck with your next one. You can do it!

My Michelle, congrats on your loss too. Fantastic! You are more than halfway there!

My weigh in today: 233 for a 2 lb loss

Been a lazy, and perhaps well deserved, weekend with the Y closed. 12 days straight working out. I needed a break I think. Though yesterday I worked up a sweat push mowing our lawn with no self propel. We usually use a rider for our yard. It's big. So I'm happy I at least got that in. Y will be opened back up tomorrow, so it'll be business as usual. Can't wait :) Oh, the kids go back to school tomorrow too, so I'll go workout at 830 after dropping them off. Excited for the earlier workout.

How often is everyone weighing? For my sanity, I can't do it every day lol

CardboardCutoutCat
09-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Hi all!

Haven't checked my weight in a few days but I only had wine on Saturday which is great as I plan to only have drinks once a week Sun-Sun. I have Thursday and Fruday off work this week so if I have a night out anywhere it will be on Thursday.

I really hope I see some progress by end Sept..

susiemartin
09-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Check In Time

Yesterday was OP - planning for another today.

Hope your day is a good one!

My Michelle
09-07-2010, 08:07 AM
I do not want to think about how many times I have gotten lazy at this point and gone back to bad eating habits and regained the weight. I am not going to do that this time.

Yeah, I don't want to repeat that pattern because I've done that too. I've bounced up and down so much I now have a total terror of maintenance, because I do NOT want to do this again. As hard as waiting for the weight to go is, maintaining the loss has been harder for me (and I've been spectacularly unsuccessful), so I really, really want to maintain these good habit forever now!

Though yesterday I worked up a sweat push mowing our lawn with no self propel. ... How often is everyone weighing? For my sanity, I can't do it every day lol

I use a reel mower too, it is quite a workout, good job getting that done. Great job on your 2 pound loss too! I'm currently weighing every day and trying not to freak at the normal fluctuations, but it is hard. I used to weigh once a week.

Haven't checked my weight in a few days but I only had wine on Saturday [...]

Great job keeping the wine totally in check over the long weekend!

I was totally on plan yesterday, and I exercised, so I was wishing to see a slightly lower number of the scale, but saw the same one as yesterday. Ah, the body is a mystery!

Have a great Tuesday, gang!

Zinger
09-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Hi, Labor day is done.. The unofficial end of summer.
Congrats to all of you who stayed on plan, and to those of you who lost! My Michelle, I know what you're saying about maintaining, its hard. I got down to 154 last year, and then I dunno what happened. I shot back up, and it didn't take that long. I didn't go back up to where I began, thankfully, I am trying to get back down before that happened. But can I just say Whewww... whatta journey!#$%

My weight hasn't budged.. I am still the same. I have to make some changes, because I thought I was going to go down...

SW 168
CW 168
GW 162

Ms Perception
09-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Good morning everyone! It feels kinda like Monday since yesterday was a holiday for many. Ah well, I'm so happy to be able to check-in here nice and early and wish everyonea happy, healthy day. Yesterday went quite alright. We had a nice turn out of DH's family and I didn't go nuts with food. I also did a 15 mile run which certainly worked off any extra food I did eat, so I was happy to see I was down to 145.8 this morning. That puts me at 2.8 lbs lost so far this month! Well on my way to reaching goal. I just have to stay on course.

My Michelle and TERAPET-You ladies are singing my song. I'm really looking forward to mastering maintenance. I loved the way you said it, My Michelle... as I have also been spectacularly unsuccessful at maintenance.

Zinger-I see now you're in the same boat of losing and struggling to keep it off. Isn't it good to know that you're not the only one?! We're all just works in progress!

susiemartin-A huge congrats on your summer success!! It's such a smart idea to give yourself that intermediate goal to shoot for. Best of success to you for this next one!

julie99s-I weigh daily just because it works for me. Many, I noticed, weigh (officially) weekly, but may check progress every couple days. It's a very individual thing I guess.

CardboardCutoutCat-If you don't mind, I will henceforth refer to you as CCC or Cat. I stink at typing! Anyway, good idea to think ahead to restrict your drinks without feeling like you can't have any. Planning is key!

julie99s
09-07-2010, 12:08 PM
A 15 mile run Ms Perception! Holy smokes! I can only dream. If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to get to that point? I honestly couldn't run to save my life and running's been an ongoing goal of mine. Certainly something that can be done anywhere, for the most part.
And congratulations on your loss!!

Way to go being totally on plan yesterday, My Michelle!

This morning I realized (again) why I don't like to weigh myself daily. I fluctuate so much it seems, even though I've been good. So I'll check in here, but I'll only weigh once a week. No need to sabotage myself :)
Busted my butt at the Y this morning. 40 minutes on the eliptical, all time high for me :D, and some strength training for my legs. Feeling good. Also, I've not had a drink in 10 days. I think exercise is staving off my desire to have a drink.

Aunty Jam
09-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Ug... I am not doing well :( I haven't lost anything, it's a struggle just to get moving these days. I've been really depressed, I mostly post in the depression forum, I've been trying to branch out. I did get one piece of good news... my MIL finally dug out the manual for the treadmill she gave us and discovered it IS in miles and not in km as she told me. I couldn't figure out why I could run 5k outside but could only run "3k" on the mill. Yeesh. So I'm thinking of starting a new running program... maybe a schedule will keep me motivated somewhat.

Newshinyme
09-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Good morning!
The day has come and today is the first day of my back to health plan. I was trying to make a plan ahead for the whole week but I kept putting it off until last night. Of course I couldn't get very far, but at least I got all of today figured out. Haven't been grocery shopping yet, which is a must do today.
I am feeling excited about eating healthy again and feeling energized and more self confidence.

Congratulations to terapet, Zinger for doing so well.

TheBunneh: So sorry about your kitty. How was the official weigh in?

LouisaH: Thanks for the welcome. Wow, 60 lbs in 8 months is pretty amazing. How did you do it?

dcapulet: :wave:, maybe I'll race you for those 8 lbs.?

Ms.P.: Glad you are feeling better already. DH just got sick, I need to stay far away from him.

susiemartin Congrats on making your goal, and good luck with the next one!

My Michelle: You are doing great! I know what you mean by wanting to get the weight off faster, but in my book, any loss is a good loss :)

julie99: Hope you enjoyed your day off. I only weigh in once a week, sometimes I would peek more often than that, but always mindful of not taking it seriously.

Aunty Jam :hugs: to you. LOL on the treadmill thing though.

Ok ladies, off to do something nice and productive...or not...

Talk to you later.

My Michelle
09-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Ug... I am not doing well :( I haven't lost anything, it's a struggle just to get moving these days. I've been really depressed, I mostly post in the depression forum, I've been trying to branch out. I did get one piece of good news... my MIL finally dug out the manual for the treadmill she gave us and discovered it IS in miles and not in km as she told me. I couldn't figure out why I could run 5k outside but could only run "3k" on the mill. Yeesh. So I'm thinking of starting a new running program... maybe a schedule will keep me motivated somewhat.

I'm sorry you are struggling with depression, been there. I think a running program with a schedule might help you and create some endorphins. It's gerat that you can run a 5k, maybe you can look for an interesting race in your area and have something fun to look forward to!

dancerindenver
09-07-2010, 06:32 PM
msP - glad you're feeling better!
LouisaH - great job on the continued whooshes!
newshinyme - (I love your name, btw) good luck on all the meal-planning. It takes a bunch of time and effort but really seems to pay off in results.
AuntyJam - good for you for running - it can really help lift your mood. I read an interesting book a while back and it said that it can help your mood and self-image to work on really short term goals - say, for four days. Can you pick something you could stick to for four days that would allow you to celebrate a success? Like staying on plan for 4 days or 4 days without chocolate (or whatever your personal challenge is)? Anyway, hang in there and come tell us about how you're doing.

My houseguests left yesterday and I'm getting back into normal life. Headed out for a walk with a friend after work and hoping to get in a run Wednesday. Hope everyone's doing great!

LouisaH
09-08-2010, 01:53 AM
I pretty much haven't had a day on plan for a week, but I feel like I'm enjoying life and am able to do so without getting out of hand in my eating. I may not be eating for weight loss, but I could maintain like this. It's good practice. The problem is that I have nothing but difficult eating/drinking situations in my near future...

My Michelle: I think I wrote that same post about wanting to lose faster a number of months ago! I remember when I was rolling right along, but so wanted to just BE THERE already. Now, eight plus months in, Newshinyme points out that I've lost 60 pounds in eight months, and it made me say Wow! So I know if I can do this, everyone else can, and soon enough, you'll be there, so just keep doing what you're doing! I think having the attitude of wanting to be there faster actually might have gotten me there faster. When I started, I lost 10 pounds the first month, and had seen others here on 3FC lose that amount consistently until they reached their goals. That was unrealistic for me, but looking back, who cares! Every pound is one pound closer and in the end my average was pretty good, and I'm soooo happy to be where I am.

Newshinyme: I count calories (1200 net per day, meaning I exercise like a madwoman in order to get more calories to eat!), and I do circuit training DVDs, and zumba (on YouTube), and other cardio/aerobic stuff, all at home. I eat only real food (nothing processed, nothing "light", never fast food). I run a local combined Community Supported Agriculture and have access to all the fresh produce in season year round, so I'm totally lucky and spoiled.

Dancer: thanks, but the whooshes got chased off by (over) eating and drinking. Good luck to you for getting back on plan. I have house guests tomorrow night, which means dinner out...

MsP: Good work! Keep it up and grab that goal by the, um, horns!

Aunty Jam: welcome and good luck! Hopefully some new, inspirational cheerleaders will help you with motivation and fighting depression. Whatever you do, stick with it, because there's nothing more motivating than success.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Zinger
09-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Hi Loisa, Thanks! I think what you just wrote to My michelle was inspiring. We've all felt the way you described, but its nice to know you aren't alone. My goal is 30 lbs and I know I can do it if I stay on plan, and get up and move!

i'm not weighing in today, I know that its a a bad day for that. Not because I've gone off plan, but b/c I feel bloated and have major cramps. I don't want to see whats going on with the scale right now. But the good thing is, if I wait two days to get back on I might see a good number!

have a great day everyone.

MaryOjo
09-08-2010, 07:20 AM
I love this challenge so i'm in.
Current Wt as at Sept 8: 178
September Goal: lose 8pounds by Sept 30

susiemartin
09-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Check In Time

I weigh 223.0 this morning.

I'm going out of town until next Tuesday. I'll be in NYC :devil: living in a hotel & eating out 3X a day and will have little or no control over my menu :(

I'm planning on doing the best I can, but I'm worried I'm going to gain unless I can find a way to eat steak & salad for every meal (not likely).
Wish me luck & I'll see you all early next week.

TERAPET
09-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Good Morning Girls,

I have been a bit under the weather lately. I haven't been to the Y since Sunday and end up taking naps instead! Haven't lost my appetite though. I am going to have to be extra careful with the calories until I get up and moving again.

Aunty Jam
09-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Hey everyone... thanks for the boosts. I had a pretty good run last night but I also ate a mini blizzard :( I told my husband no more! They're just to packed with calories and I don't think I burn them all during my run.

I've decided to train for a 10k. I can't enter any races right now but there's one next year I'll probably be able to do... after that, who knows.

I haven't weighed myself lately... it's to close to that TOM.. ick. I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed or happy about that treadmill thing - LoL.

Newshinyme
09-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi everybody!
No time for personals today, but hopefully tomorrow. Thanks LouisaH for the info, you must be so proud of yourself.
Yesterday and today the eating has been good, I am counting calories and am aiming for around 1500/day. I under ate yesterday, I just can't seem to come up with enough calories to eat when I am filling my plate with healthy stuff like tons and tons of veggies, I also skipped my AM snack. I have to get better at remembering that it is OK to eat.

Have a great day everyone. Oh and welcome to MaryOjo!

Ms Perception
09-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Good evening ladies! The day got away from me today, so this is my first chance to catch up on posts and say "howdy!"

MaryOjo-:welcome:

NewShinyMe-I was about to call you out. I hadn't seen you post since that first one and I was looking forward to hearing more from you, so I'm thrilled that you'e here and had a plan for at least 1 day. 1 day at a time works! It is SO time consuming to plan meals and count calories, etc. Just make sure you come on here so we can enjoy your company too! :D

julie99s-The "how long?" is hard to say about my running. Here's the long and short of it: Did Leslie Sansone walking DVD's while first losing weight (winter '08/'09), Did C25K program after that (spring '09), Found a couple good 5k training programs on the same sight as the C25K and did those (summer/fall '09), Went back the Leslie Sansone DVD's again when the weather kept me inside (winter '09/'10), Re-did the 5K training (winter/spring '10), Started marathon training (spring/summer '10). I guess the Reader's Digest answer is that it took me about a year and a half, but it was a winding road, ya know? This marathon program took me from running 5-6 miles MAX to the 15 miles I hit Monday. I'm supposed to do 20 on my next long run since it's my last long run before the actual race. I'm not gonna lie...I'M NERVOUS!

I'm happy to report that I'm down another pound or so today. Yesterday was probably the closest thing I've had to an OP day that I've had in a good month or so. It felt good to be in control of my food and have meals planned and not just eat whatever I see. Today has gone simalarly well, though I did sneak a treat after supper to curb a sweet craving. This weekend we're going out of town for a family tradition/get-together at a Rodeo. It's a great time, but food while we're on our way there and back is where I have to watch out. The food there isn't too bad. We all contribute and the same people bring pretty much the same things every year, so I know what to expect. I'm gonna go online tomorrow and figure out where we'll be at mealtimes on the trip and figure out my best food options in those towns. I don't want to undo progress, but I know it won't be my usual fare, so I most likely will stay off the scale for a couple days after the trip to give me time to detox! LOL Keep moving forward!

Ms Perception
09-08-2010, 09:45 PM
September Goal List

MaryOjo: Lose 8 lbs

My Michelle
09-08-2010, 09:51 PM
I was on-plan and exercised today (yay!), but it was a challenge. I was surrounded by people offering food all day, ugh, I hate that. And it was all junky junk. I'm so glad I managed to keep it all together.

Louisa, your progress is so inspirational, and you're right. Every pound is a pound in the right direction! Thanks for helping me focus on what's important!

Welcome MaryOjo!

Terapet, I hope you're feeling better, sometimes my appetite goes crazy when I'm sick, yuck! Hang in there!

AuntyJam, Planning for a race will be great, how nice that you'll have it to look forward to!

Ms.Perception, Congrats on the loss! I'm sure with some planning and a little bit of iron will you can stay in check over the fun weekend to come! You can do it!

SusieMartin, You have an extreme challenge in front of you, HANG IN THERE! Don't be afraid to be pushy about ordering food that is on-plan for you, it is worth it!

Zinger, I'm sending you some scale mojo for your next weigh-in in 2 days, maybe you'll get an awesome whoosh as a payoff for your patience!

My Michelle
09-08-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm supposed to do 20 on my next long run since it's my last long run before the actual race. I'm not gonna lie...I'M NERVOUS!

I'm nervous just READING about running 20 miles! All at once. In a row. With the same legs. That seems... well... super-human! You're so awesome! :carrot:

My Michelle
09-08-2010, 10:02 PM
I am feeling excited about eating healthy again and feeling energized and more self confidence.

Isn't that a GREAT feeling! I think one oft he tricks is to maintain that sense of excitement throughout the whole process and into maintenance! It is a grand adventure, and we're all going on it! I hope you had a wonderful first day!

dcapulet
09-08-2010, 10:11 PM
the move has made me MIA as of late. I need to catch up with all these posts!

my favorite pants don't fit... too big. i'm happy and sad.

:belly:

julie99s
09-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Ms Perception, way to go on your loss! You are amazing! A 20 mile run, wow!

Congrats with being on plan yesterday, MyMichelle

I've got pants like that, dcapulet. I adore them, they fit perfectly (hard to come by those kind lol), and I'll be sad when I have to give them away. And of course happy. Definately bittersweet. Congrats on the loss :)

I measured my waist this morning, just a quick glance... I've lost over an inch? In just over 3 weeks? Is that possible? I'm making sure to measure in the same spot. Maybe I was really bloated the first 2 weeks when I measured. Oh well, I'll take it. It was a nice boost this morning.

TERAPET
09-09-2010, 09:49 AM
julie99s-I am so jealous of your inch. I would love to lose an inch off my waist. My waist however enjoys the extra girth and refuses to let go of it. Now I do lose it on my hips, which ensures every pair of pants I try on is too big in the hips and too tight in the waist! I will prevail though. I must.

TheBunneh
09-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Hello everyone, I apologize for being AWOL. The past several days have been a bit crazy for me.

After my big woosh down on the scale I had an equally big leap up. I weighed 175.6 this morning, which I'm happy with after teetering on the edge of the 180s for a while. So I've decided to keep my goal at 173 for now.

econ nerd
09-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Update time for me! Yesterday was my first WW weigh in and meeting. Today I am starting to count my points and keep track of everything! The scale this morning was 262.4 (down 2.6) Here's to the continuing downwards trend :carrot:

Lewisempire
09-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Ok, well lost my big long post with personals(it was so witty too:p)......so I will keepit short and sweet this time.

I have been struggling to find my eating/dieting Mojo. I am on plan in the mornings, and chaos in the evenings. I was doing so good in July/August.

I am sooooo Happy to see some of our friends return to the thread!:hug: We sure missed you ladies!

:welcome2: to all our new-comers!

I think I will get off my Duff and go for a walk, my poor dog is staring at me with big hound eyes. thank God for her dedication to exercise!

Hope everyone has a Great DAy!

roxannestags
09-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm new to the board so I hope it's ok for me to post my late goal. Mine is to be a continuing poster, at least 5 days a week and to follow my diet plan all month. Oh and to get some form of exercise in 6 days a week.

285/282/150

My Michelle
09-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Welcome Roxannestags!

I know we just had a long weekend, but man, I'm already ready for the weekend to BE here!

Avezy44
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
175 lbs. That is my goal for the month of September. Ahh I am soo tired of being stuck between 179-180 I want to move on already!!! I want this by October 1st.

My Michelle
09-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I had a good day today, even though I am still exactly the same weight I have been since Monday. I'm surprised not to see any change at all! There is nothing for me to do but wait it out, I'm still getting used to daily weighing and I'm determined not to let the scale decide how I feel each day when I know I'm doing everything right. But there are definitely moments when I think very, very bad thoughts about the scale and its rapidly decreasing ability to reflect all my hard work, dammit!

dcapulet: Your pants are too big, you gotta love that! Congratulations on finding all that extra room! Have fun shopping for a new pair of favorite pants!

Julie99: An inch off your waist in three weeks! Awesome! That definitely seems possible to me, so enjoy that success!

TERAPET: my waist is being stubborn right now also, I'm losing everywhere BUT my waist!

TheBunneh: congrats on being solidly out of the 180s, great job! I love changing decades!

econ nerd: Good luck with the WW plan, I hear lots of good things about! And CONGRATS on your 2.6 loss, fantastic!

Lewisempire: It is always the witty posts that get lost, you notice that? Sending you positive mojo for the evenings. Evenings when I get home from work (followed by husband getting home from work) are hard for me too. It always takes extra focus! Hope you enjoyed walking your pooch!

Avezy:Welcome!

Rashomon
09-09-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm only down .6 from the start. Then again, I went off plan during Labor Day weekend, but I'm getting myself back on track and restarted exercising, so hopefully next Wednesday brings results.

dcapulet
09-09-2010, 09:35 PM
julie - I love your avatar. :) and you're right, the good ones are hard to come by!!

lewisempire - I have your eating well Mojo, I must have packed it in with mine when I move. :eating2: it was a little dusty, but still good.

me? after all day at working, driving 2 hours, i still came home and worked out. I'm feeling a little saucy right now!

Ms Perception
09-10-2010, 09:04 AM
September Goal List

roxannestags: Be a continuous poster (5 days/wk), Follow diet plan all month
Avezy44: Reach 175 lbs

Ms Perception
09-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the newest joiners! You're on the list! :)

I'm outta here for the weekend. Be good to yourselves, ladies!

My Michelle
09-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Is everyone ready for the weekend? I know I am!

TERAPET
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
My Michelle-I noticed your weight was down today. WooHoo! Eating right works!

dcapulet-you are saucy! Good for you putting in your time with the exercise after a long day.

My Michelle-I am happy to see the weekend arrive also. I am a big college football fan so that means GAMES! I am going to miss my TV snack of choice- wine and Cheezits - but I won't miss being heavier. (my dog misses the Cheezits also :))

Aunty Jam
09-10-2010, 12:20 PM
I am so going to fail this challange :( Bleh! I haven't lost a single pound.

julie99s
09-10-2010, 12:23 PM
terapet I'm right there with you on those college football games, though probably different teams ;) College football season is the most wonderful time of year. When I go to the Y tomorrow afternoon I have every intention of turning the TV on in front of the eliptical and jumping on. That ought to keep me away from standard football yummies :)

Although I was planning on weighing in today, I am postponing until next week when I get a new scale. I jumped on today. 5 times in a row. I got 4 different readings. Not small variations either. They ranged from 234 to 237. Stupid thing.

julie99s
09-10-2010, 12:26 PM

There's still 20 days left. Hold your head up and keep going! You can do this!

TheBunneh
09-10-2010, 12:50 PM

:hug: Weight isn't always a steady thing. Just cause you haven't seen any results so far doesn't mean you don't have a chance. Don't let yourself panic! That's my biggest problem. I start to think like "well I know I can't get there now, it's all ruined, I can't fix this" etc. It's a very suffocating feeling. Even if you don't make your entire goal, if you keep going it is not a fail. Just get as close as you possibly can without berating yourself about the rest. You've lost so much already outside of this one challenge! Don't forget that.

Newshinyme
09-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Good day everyone!

So far so good on my end :). This is definitely much easier when you have a plan...who knew? (please note the sarcasm here).

Ms.P.: No worries, you are not getting rid of me so easily this time around. I might not be as highly visible as in the olden days yet, but I am around and keeping on. I know you are gone now, but have fun at the Rodeo and good luck with all the meals.

dcapulet: I am so looking forward to getting rid of my current "favourite" pants. Good for you! You are saucy, and that's what I call commitment.

julie99s: Congrats on the inch :)

TheBunneh: I love your attitude. It's great to keep positive even when the scale does the funny ups and downs.

econ_nerd: Good luck with WW.

LE: Hi girly! Glad to see you're still around here. It sure is nice to see you. Too bad you lost your witty post. Where did your Mojo go? c'mon my friend you can pull through!

roxannestags and avezy44: Welcome!

MyMichelle: LOL. The weekend is here again, so enjoy! I hear you on the scale. Funny how it can go from being our best friend to being the most hated thing in the world in a matter of days. Keep on keeping on and you'll see progress though.

Aunty Jam: You are not losing any challenges. Sometimes things don't go the way we expect/want them to, but as long as we keep on plan, that's a success on itself. I totally agree with what TheBunneh said.

Weekends are usually the hardest days for me with all the socializing and relaxing of the routines and such. Sunday we are hoping to have the family over and that might get a little tricky, maybe I will just make them eat the same thing I am eating hehe.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Lewisempire
09-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Hi girls,
Ugh, it is almost the weekend, I too have the biggest challenge on weekends. Especially when it is my weekend to work. It is a big challenge not to just stop at a fast food joint. Plus, I feel some PMS cravings coming on.... YIKES! BUT, I have my snacks packed, and vow not to leave home without them!

Aunty Jam, I too agree with Thebunneh. You only lose if you give up! ;) Part of the game is to keep trying til you get it right! So don't give up!

Newshinyme- thanks for the encouragment, congrats on having and working
the plan! it does make it so much easier! Happy weekend!

Decapulet-I am glad someone found my mojo, and put it to good use! Now hopefully, it will be well trained when I get it back! LOL Keep up the great work!!

Julies99-Hope you find a new scale quick. (And, it keeps the lowest weight for you)

Zinger
09-11-2010, 09:35 AM
A few notes: Hello to everyone, Hi NSM – Nice to meet you, I’m fairly new, but welcome back. I had the same problem, avoiding the scale. Then one day I just got on there because I knew the wt was up, and wanted to know how much. A health plan is a great idea, keep it up!

HI Loisa, DCap – you rock!,

Ms. P (Glad you’re feeling better),

SusieMartin – Hi, congrats on making the mini goal,

My Michelle – A Big WhooHoo for you, WTG!

Aunty Jam, don’t be so hard on yourself, look at the long term goals, and try not to focus on the small ones. I Wish weight loss was as easy as weight gain.

Julie – Terepet, I’m watching college football too. I have a crowd of friends who will be enjoying one of the big games live today, and I wish I was there too. Instead I’ll be working on a term paper. Ugh. BUT, I will munch air popped popcorn and add something healthy to drink, so if I look at the calories I’m saving by NOT going to the game – tailgating, and drinking – its okay. LOL

To everyone else – hello hello! Enjoy your weekend!

Here's my zinger – I’m down 1lb from last weigh in! Yesssss!
September Challenge
Sw: 168.2
Cw: 167.0
Gw: 163.2

TERAPET
09-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Zinger-AND you are getting your paper done! Good for you. Just be careful if you end up celebrating when hopefully your team wins (and/or your paper is complete)! Are you in college now? I am both a big Georgia Tech and Florida State fan because I have kids at both schools.

Lewisempire-Hope you make it through the weekend on plan. Just take it an hour at a time if need be! PMS cravings are the worst. Good for you for planning your food ahead of time.

My Michelle
09-11-2010, 11:53 AM
The scale is finally being nicer to me this morning, I was starting to wondering if this week was going to see no change whatsoever!

Zinger: Congrats on the loss!

Terapet: I'm thrilled that it is football season again, but like you, I miss the snacks. I need to come up with good alternatives! I particularly miss wine, which I haven't felt brave enough to add back in yet. Maybe someday!

LewisE: I think weekends are really tough on all of us, but checking in here always helps me keep my focus so that I won't want to shoot myself come Monday morning. You can do it!

Newshiny: Hope you have a great time with the family tomorrow, you are strong enough to stay on plan! I have a family BBQ tonight I'm dreading a little, I'll probably actually eat before I go to forestall overeating the off-plan food there!

TheBunneh
09-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Happy Saturday everyone! I'm battling the urge I always get to go off plan on the weekend because "it's special." Though I don't know what's so special about something that comes around every week! :lol: I think it's just having my husband home in the morning breaks my routine. I wanted pancakes for breakfast but couldn't get past the you're really going to have few hunks of white bread with liquid sugar poured on top? thoughts. So I still had a couple pancakes, but I mixed old fashioned oats into the batter and ate them with bit honey instead of syrup. Much more satisfying than regular ones and no guilt! :)

LE - Good luck this weekend!

My Michelle - Yay for the scale being nicer! :carrot:

Zinger - Congrats on the loss!!

Newshinyme - Hope the weekend goes well and you enjoy the family visit and stay OP!

And welcome to all the new people! :wave:

(I think I've discovered an obsession with exclamation points. :dizzy:)

My Michelle
09-11-2010, 02:14 PM
you're really going to have few hunks of white bread with liquid sugar poured on top?

Now I really want hunks of white bread with sugar, lol. Sounds delicious.

Good job making a healthier version, go you!

mystical
09-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Hello ladies I know I have been out for awhile with starting back to work just a couple of months ago, vacation to PA just last week. That was especially good got to see my daughter and my beautiful little grandsons our new little grandson will be arriving in mid Dec. Things have been going pretty well for me I have not only been back in the gym but I just started with a personal trainer once a week, and she has put me on a eating plan designed just for me so I am off to the store today to get everything I need. 8 small meals a day YIKES!!!! that is going to be hard for me to get use to but I am going to give it my all. Since starting work I have lost around 15lbs I am so excited.

My Michelle
09-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Check in time: I was on plan yesterday and I exercised, too. The toughest part of the weekend is now past and I breath a small sigh of relief!

Mystical: wow, 8 meals a day! You will be a champion planner after getting used to that schedule!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

LouisaH
09-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Hey Chicklets, love all the chatter and cheerleading going on here. Just have time for a quick check-in to say all is going well with my "scary" weekend. I've had TOM riding piggy back all weekend, which has sucked, but I'm moving enough and eating little enough to have gotten back down to 152.4 today. So I am down three with five to go for this month's challenge (and quite possibly my Goal--that definitely deserves a capital G).

NSV: I'm working an art fair all weekend, and for the first time ever I tried on a darling little dress handmade from vintage material at an artist's booth. It's labeled medium and it fit--I bought it! This calls for a celebration of sushi tonight...

Zinger
09-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Oh Loiusa Yes! Love those daring little dresses. I have one in my closet that I bought at the end of last fall. I can't wait to wear it. I'm going to wait until October to put it on though. Its a sweater dress, but I love it. Hats off to you for buying that dress. Where are you going to wear it?

Terepet - Yes, full time student with a full time job, 2 kids and a husband. I take online classes, so I do alot of my homework early in the am or late at night. Its working for me, but hard. BAMA won! Yeah, they put Penn State away... And I did get the paper done. When I watch the game while I work, I keep the volumn down pretty low. I'm able to get the work done, and watch the game at the same time that way.

Hey - the scale was good to me today.

SW - 168
CW - 166.4
GW - 160 (by the end of Sept)

dcapulet
09-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi ladies!

Now that I am back on the night shift once a week, I can finally be on 3fc as much as I want!

I know I've been MIA recently - things have been seriously crazy. I hope they will calm down some, so I can meet my dang september goal!

:coffee2:

TERAPET
09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
My football teams did not do so well this weekend. Oh well, maybe next week. Still holding out for perhaps some success within the conference.

I have not exercised in a week and it is bugging the heck out of me. I am trying to get over a virus but it is taking a bit longer than expected. Soon though. In the meanwhile, my calorie intake has been mostly in control. I had a few high calorie goodies this weekend but said no to a lot more. My husband is a diet saboteur plus my daughter was visiting and requested chocolate chip cookies. I prevailed though, mostly anyway. I am especially anxious to get to the magical number of 140 although as it approaches I realize it is not as magical as I expected. Perhaps 135 would be better. I don't know what I want yet.

Zinger-Whoa, you have your hands full. Good for you for pursuing your dreams and taking care of the family. Makes for a busy day but a good life!

Aunty Jam
09-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Julie, Bunneh, Newshinnyme, Lewisempire, Zinger.... you guys rock. Thanks for the positive encouragement, it is greatly appreciated.

I think I'm going to have to change my goal to 5 pounds, I'll be happy if I just loose a few this month. Any movement that way is a good thing. I have really got to get control of my eating!!!! I made hummus this weekend... so good but a bit to much garlic (and I love garlic). Tried to balance that out with more lemon so now it's really garlicy and really tangy. I like it but no one else in my house will eat it!

LouisaH - I want to see pictures of this dress :)

Zinger - Glad to hear the scale was good to you.

My football team finally managed to win this weekend, they beat my second favorite team... ah well, beggers can't be choosers. Of course I'm talking about the CFL.

julie99s
09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Terapet, I thought about you when I was watching ball this weekend. Bummer. So sorry you're still trying to shake something. Get that much needed rest and way to go keeping your food intake in check in the meantime.

Aunty Jam, any time. It's what we're all here for :)

Zinger, way to go on your loss! Congrats!

Congrats on your dress success Louisa!

Well, I still don't have a new scale, but my pants are getting loose, so that's encouraging.
Was pleased with my team this Saturday, the Wolverines beat the Irish and the Detriot Lions lost. I'm boycotting the Lions until they fix that entire organization, preferrably starting with Ford selling the team. I hope they lose every single game.

I think that's it for now, ladies. Keep up the good work!

TERAPET
09-13-2010, 05:47 PM
julie99-Oh, but you have Calvin Johnson. I love Calvin Johnson. I used to watch him at Georgia Tech. Congrats on the loose pants!

Ms Perception
09-13-2010, 10:47 PM
September Goal List

Aunty Jam: Lose 5 lbs, Quit snacking/Watch calories better, Stop eating at night

Ms Perception
09-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Hey ladies! Just a quick post to say I'm here and the weekend went fairly well as far as eating properly an all. I've had a full day (did my 20 mile run..sorta) and it's time to relax. I'll post more tomorrow.

Aunty Jam-I adjusted your goal and be encouraged that you can make good progress still with most of the month left. You can do it! (think "Waterboy" LOL)

Zinger
09-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Was pleased with my team this Saturday, the Wolverines beat the Irish and the Detriot Lions lost. I'm boycotting the Lions until they fix that entire organization, preferrably starting with Ford selling the team. I hope they lose every single game.

haha.. this made me laugh. I felt the same way bout the Eagles. I thought - yep get rid of TO and your OK. Nope.. didn't happen. I thought McNabb needs to go. He did, and they still can't pull it off. Now, I just don't care. I need a new team, so i'm watching college football. Football isn't really my game - too much testosterone out there... Please - tell me when hockey season starts...

Food news - I made WW 1 pt soup this weekend, and had some for dinner. Thats a good recipe, its hearty, filling and only 1 point. Can't beat it when you're eating alone.

talk to you all later.

Lewisempire
09-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Hi girls,
Thanks to everyone's encouragement. Weekend Report: I stayed away from Fast food, soo Success! It was a rough weekend, but all in all I am soooo glad it is over!
Zinger-I love WW 1pt soup, I dress it up with a fresh jalepeno when I am cooking it. It adds a little zip. Sometimes, I will add some parmasean cheese to it too, makes it a little "naughty" without a lot of calories. Bon appetite
MsP-glad you are back at it!

I am gonna fall in to bed now, I just wanted to do a quick check in quickly. See you girls in the morning!

julie99s
09-14-2010, 12:54 AM
haha.. this made me laugh. I felt the same way bout the Eagles. I thought - yep get rid of TO and your OK. Nope.. didn't happen. I thought McNabb needs to go. He did, and they still can't pull it off. Now, I just don't care. I need a new team, so i'm watching college football. Football isn't really my game - too much testosterone out there... Please - tell me when hockey season starts...

October 7th (preseason in a week) :D Yep, I'm excited for hockey too.

As for the Lions, it's going to take more than just good players. Ford needs to sell the team to someone that knows up from down. Oh well, college ball has always been my favorite of the two. A lot less arrogance on field and just a bunch of kids playing as hard as they can.

Fall is the best. Football AND hockey. I can hardly contain myself lol.

I must scoot my butt to bed so I have energy to workout tomorrow. Going in the morning and then at 6pm for a zumba class. Nervous about that one!

susiemartin
09-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Check In Time

Well I'm back from NYC bloated and with a massive weight gain :mad:

I weighed 223.0 when I left & this morning I weighed 232.6. I'm up 8.6 pounds!

Hoping it's mostly water retention from too many carbs.

Needless to say..... I'm planning for a 100% OP day :)

Lewisempire
09-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Good morning ladies!
SusieMartin-Glad you are back, I would say it is a lot of water weight. If you get back on plan it will be gone in a flash! DID you have a good time In NYC, see any shows? Fill us in so we can live vicariously.......

Julie99s- You will LOVE Zumba, maybe not at first. But it is sooo much fun! Let me tell you I hated dancing before Zumba,I had NO coordination, or rhythmn. Now I love going, My friends and I still laugh a lot. But we are sooooo much better than when we started. Now I can do most of the steps pretty darn good. My instructor always tells the new people "get your feet first, don't worry about your arms til you have the footwork down". Make sure you take a towel, and a Big thing of water!

Today, I am going out to the pasture for my exercise. I am so excited! Last night, my horse, and her buddy came home to her newly fenced pasture. My field Never looked so good. I could just hang out there all day! Gotta run, I need to plan my food, so I can get moving today!
P.S.- Weigh in this am down a pound! Yeah Baby!!!!

TERAPET
09-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Good Morning All,

julie99-ditto Lewisempire on the Zumba. It is so much fun. Do not worry about how you look and take lots of water.

Lewisempire-Congrats on controlling the fast food jones. Your pasture sounds lovely.

I slept a ton last night and I think maybe I am finally getting over this bug. I will probably go to the y tonight. Also, today is grocery shopping so I can pick up some fresh fruit and veggies. Yeah! The past few days I have been eating just what was available in the house. Yesterdays veggies were Sunchips, a potato and canned corn!

Ms Perception
09-14-2010, 10:55 AM
The past few days I have been eating just what was available in the house. Yesterdays veggies were Sunchips, a potato and canned corn!

Those are my kind of veggies! LOL Glad you're gonna be able to stock up on the real stuff now.

So, yesterday I braved my 20 mile run. It was okay. My legs didn't feel very strong from the start, so I was concerned how far I'd actually make it. I ended up running 17 of the 20 miles and walking the rest. My legs were just dead at the end. It made me nervous for the actual race in a few weeks, but I know races always have that built in energy from the crowds and all. I will just take good care of myself until then and prepare the best I can. It will be amazing to be a part of it all, so I'm pushing the negative thoughts out and focusing on the good!
Food was okay yesterday, but I had a few too many homemade oatmeal raisin cookies. I found this recipe that uses steel cut oats, so they're pretty good health-wise unless you're like me and eat too many! ;)

Aunty Jam
09-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Ms Perception - Thanks for the adjustment... hah, my goal should really be just to control my eating. I've been in such a funk lately that just that would be an acomplishment. But look at you... a 20 mile run????? WOW!!!

I've made some food progress, I've upped my veggies and have managed to get some healthy snacks. I also tried my hand at making hummus and although the garlic is a little over powering it's pretty good.

I'm starting a new running program today, training for a 10k. And actually toying with the idea of going for a half marathon next summer. I have some pretty good running programs from a local running club/store. If I stick with the plan and work at it I might actually be able to make it. Another bit of motivation for me is a friend of mine will be going for the same half marathon. She asked if I would go for the 10k next year and I told her I would... but I would love to be able to call her up and tell her I'll be lining up next to her for that half marathon.

julie99s
09-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the zumba info, Lewisempire and Terapet. I paid my $35 fall session 1 classes fee today, so I darned well better utilize it now ;)

Lewisempire, congrats on your loss!

Glad to hear you seem to be getting better, TERAPET.

Ms Perception, 20 miles of anything is amazing. And you ran for 17! Phenominal!!

Avezy44
09-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Woo 177.6 this morning :) Now if I ever get motivated maybe i'll actually go to the gym soon :)

My Michelle
09-14-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm battling a cold and I feel like blaaaah. I took yesterday off from exercise, though I managed to get the exercise in for today, I'm not entirely sure I should have. I've been completely on plan with food, so hopefully all this healthy nutrition will help me heal fast!

So, yesterday I braved my 20 mile run.

Wow, great job! I know you'll rock it at your races with all the excitement to carry you through the sheer exhaustion!

Woo 177.6 this morning :) Now if I ever get motivated maybe i'll actually go to the gym soon :)

Congrats Avezy!

Newshinyme
09-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Wow, Where did the day go?

I haven't been around since Friday and I was missing everybody :). Thanks for the encouragement for the weekend everyone. It actually was not so bad, a few off-plan things but not enough to do any damage.

I am down 2 lbs this week which is awesome, but I know a lot of it is probably water weight and that the following weeks I will see smaller losses.That's OK, I can actually start wishing for the 180's hehe.

Still have a whole lotta stuff to do around the house so I can't sit and do personals :(. But I will be back tomorrow.

Have a great evening!

Ms Perception
09-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Alright everyone...another fairly successful day down. I found out why I've been up a little more that I should've been from the weekend. Dear old TOM arrived today with some lovely cramping to remind me why I hate him!

Love the encouraging chatter on here...I really appreciate you ladies so much!

susiemartin
09-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Check In

I weighed 226.8 this morning - down 5.8 lbs! Amazing how easily I retain water!! - and how quickly it will go by staying OP.
Hopefully I'll lose the rest in a few more days.

Ms. P - Didn't see any shows in NYC. Mostly family & museums :) It's always great to see my kids & grand kids, but the truth be told....
I hate NYC :devil: and would never go there if I didn't have too. Hubby pretty much feels the same way. We are simple farm folks and have a hard time with all the garbage, noise, dog doo, smells and 8 million people packed in to such a small area. Not to mention the high price of everything. Butter is $5.50 a pound, cigarettes almost $10 a pack, boogie people are in the subway; you can't hardly get a decent hotel room for under $400 a night and everywhere you go you need to use hand sanitizer
(and I'm not overly particular -manure on my clothes is an everyday thing:D ).

I suppose if you're up for it and have lots of money, NYC is an interesting place to visit. But if you ask me - it's no place to live or to raise children :(

Now that I've depressed everyone......
here's wishing you all a great OP day :carrot:

julie99s
09-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Jeez susiemartin, I have a hard time shelling out 2.50 for a lb of butter. Glad you had a good time seeing your kids and grandkids, and didn't let the subway boogie people get you lol

Way to go on your 2 lb loss, Newwshinyme!

Made it to zumba last night, it was fun. I'm sure I looked like a floundering fish at first, but I started picking up the moves. There's a half hour class Thursday, so I'll probably go to that too. I'm glad I went to the class last night on top of my morning gym time because my baby boy is sick today. I likely won't make it to the y today. Just as well, I've worked out the last 8 days straight, I think I need a rest day.

Scale said 235 yesterday. Up 2. I think it hates me. I've been busting my butt at the gym. Rather discouraging.

Ms Perception
09-15-2010, 11:02 AM
susiemartin-DH feels pretty similar about visiting NYC. He's a small town boy and has little desire to visit the big city. We've decided when the kids are a little older we'll take them there one time to see the sights like the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island, the museums, etc. We have this whole trip out east planned for someday. I love American history and would absolutely love to do a big trip to Boston, Philadelphia, and D.C. to visit major historic spots, maybe we'll do NYC on that same trip. Get all the big city stuff out of the way at once! LOL

julie99s-Glad you made it to zumba and it was fun. I keep hoping to see it offered through our community ed. so I can try it out.

It's a lazy day here trying to not cramp too much and making sure I don't eat more that I need to. Have a great day all!

LouisaH
09-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Hey Chicklets, just a drive by here.

MsP: good for you on the run. You'll do fine on the marathon!
susiemartin: you totally cracked me up about NYC. Ew.
julie99s and MsP: I have downloaded on my browser nearly all the zumba videos from these chicks in Hickory NC that are on YouTube, and I just do a bunch of them in a row and it's a great workout (90 minutes this morning!). They are fun and pretty easy to follow (especially after you've done them a bunch.lol). I like that I don't have to look like an *** while figuring out the routine. And all the time I'd spend driving can be spent getting more exercise!

My Michelle: feel better soon!

Gotta run. The scale was down to 153.8 this morning, which is still up from the 152.4 I saw on Sunday, before gorging myself on sushi. Oh well, what do I expect? Have a great day everyone!

TERAPET
09-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Finally made it back to the Y for a step class this morning. It felt great to get moving again. I have a bunch of housecleaning to do also so I should sleep well tonight. Still managing to keep to my eating plan and I seem to be on track for my September goal. Half way there girls.

Ms Perception-It is so cool that you are training for a marathon. The first time I read you ran for 15 miles I thought it might be a typo! I cannot imagine running for more than 3 miles. That is quite an accomplishment.

julie99 & LouisaH-I love Zumba. It is such a great all round workout with all those crazy moves. Plus, the energy in a class is both fun and motivational.

susiemartin-Good news on the extra pounds are coming off. I have heard those same things about New York but I have never been there myself. Hopefully someday. I would love to see a broadway show. There is no way I could live with the expense part either.

Newshinyme
09-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi chickies!

I'm having a blah kinda day today. I have stuff to do but no motivation to actually do it. I have been having a really hard time waking up each morning for the past few days, I am not sure what's going on. I don't think it's me though, since DH is feeling the same...weird...

julie99: I've heard zumba is a lot of fun. Glad you joined. I am totally uncoordinated so not sure it would be for me. I am giving aquafit a try, which is OK since nobody can see if I am having issues with the moves under the water LOL. So sorry to hear about your scale grief. Maybe you could try using a measuring tape for a little while to see how that changes so that you don't get discouraged?

Avezy44: Congrats on the loss!

My Michelle: Feel better soon.

Ms.P.: Ugh! Hopefully TOM is not too evil on you. Be good to yourself today.

susiemartin: Glad to hear all those lbs. are leaving you so fast. NYC is a place I'd like to see one day. DH very, very briefly considered applying for a job there once, which was an intriguing possibility, but I am not sure I would like to live in a gigantic city again.

Louisa: Maybe I'll look for those zumba videos too. I can totally relate to not wanting to look totally ridiculous trying to follow a routine.

Terapet: WTG on all the exercising. You are looking at that goal right between the eyes now :).

Have a fantastic day everyone!

susiemartin
09-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Check In Time

Yesterday was not an OP day:(
I'm coming down with a cold ( probably a leftover gift from NYC) and was eating everything in sight yesterday.
My weight is up 1lb. (227.8) this morning from all the carbs I ate yesterday.
I'm going to be lucky if I can manage to make this month's goal of 219.

Hope the rest of you have a great day!.........
......now I'm going to go back to bed :cry: and sulk

TERAPET
09-16-2010, 10:32 AM
susiemartin-aaw, try not to sulk. Having a cold stinks but just hang in there. Try to stay away from the bad carbs and drink lots of water.

Newshinyme-I noticed you live in Vancouver. I used to live in Seattle. It is such a gorgeous place up there, although a bit gloomy for me after growing up in the Midwest. I need my sunshine! Anyway, I have always regretted not visiting Vancouver when we lived nearby. I was concerned about finances. I have heard that it is a fabulous city though. We did make it to Victoria a few times and absolutely loved it.

Aunty Jam
09-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Just a quick check in since I have to spend all day in a training course... I actually have some good news for a change. Scale this morning said I was back to 145 :) and I'm actually showing some nice definition in my leg muscles.

julie99s
09-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Scale this morning said 233, so I'm back down. A total of an inch and a half lost in my waist in a month. I didn't measure the rest as I was pressed for time this morning.

Missing a day of exercise kills me. Baby not feeling well yesterday, but fine today. So after missing yesterday at the Y, it was very hard for me to get into it today. My 65 minutes eliptical time became 35. My 3 sets of 12 strength training became 2 sets of 12. Planning on going to the 30 minute zumba class tonight, and likely the 30 minute yoga booty ballet that follows it. Now I know why I haven't been taking a full blown rest day. It's just like me to not want to start up again. I have to do *something* daily, even if it's just 20 minutes at the gym on a Sunday.

My Michelle
09-16-2010, 04:17 PM
I hate colds in the summertime, I really do. I'm on plan, so at least that's good. Can't wait to break into the 160s.

Newshinyme
09-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Check in time for me too!

Eating has been going well, pretty much OP. After I spent HOURS planning the weekly menu on Sunday, I'd better be, I am not going to waste all that effort LOL.

susiemartin: Feel better soon. I am sure that evil lb. will leave you soon. You might still make your goal.
Terapet: Too bad you never made it here. Vancouver really is a beautiful city, mainly in the summer LOL. Last year we had visitors in the fall and we pretty much spent the whole time at the mall; it rained pretty much everyday. I am really not looking forward to all the rain and gloom, although I do like the cooler temperatures.
Aunty Jam: Woo hoo! for the scale and woo hoo! for the muscles :)
julie: WTG on the measurements. I was wondering why you were working out so many days in a row; now I know. I am sure you will not have any troubles getting back into it, a little workout is much better than no workout at all I say.
My Michelle: You mean it's still summer where you are? LOL I hear you though, feel better soon.

See you tomorrow!

Ms Perception
09-16-2010, 09:23 PM
September Goal List

Aunty Jam: Lose 5 lbs, Quit snacking/Watch calories better, Stop eating at night

Ms Perception
09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Good evening everyone!
I'm doing fine here but I was taking it easy while the first day of TOM passed. Now, it's back to the same old stuff (in a good way). Food and exercise are fine. In a way, I'm looking forward to the life after the marathon. I plan to get get strangth training back into my routine, as well as changing up my running plan. I don't want to mess with it now, for obvious reasons, but I'm already thinking about what races I want to do next year and want to prepare a little differently. It's already time to register for the spring events! I had been so focused on the marathon, I didn't put much thought into next year, but I better get to it or I won't get into the races I want to do.
Have a great night ladies!

TERAPET
09-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Good Morning All,

Just got back from my step class at the Y. That felt great. I was so sore this morning from working in the yard yesterday. I really needed the stretching. We have English Ivy all over the backyard. We should have never let it get so bad. It is so hard to pull up and even then it just grows back. So far I have it off most of the trees and I am working on one area of the yard. It is going to be a huge project.

My Michelle
09-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Scale this morning said 233, so I'm back down.

That's awesome! Great job!

LouisaH
09-17-2010, 03:43 PM
The weight loss fairy came to visit this morning, and left 151.4 on my scales, so I'm happy. The elusive 140's are ever closer...

Next Wednesday evening, we're heading to Maine by car. This makes exercise and food difficult. Exercise for obvious reasons. Food, not because we won't be bringing our own healthy food (fast food makes us want to roll over and die), but because of boredom eating. I plan to read a book aloud to DH while he drives, which keeps my mouth busy, but still. It's 24 hours of driving--sometimes that trail mix is hard to put out of reach!

I'm happy to see everyone eating well and exercising--hope all you sick chicks are recovering by now.

Have a great weekend!

Newshinyme
09-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Hello all,

The weekend is here once again, and with it, all the pitfalls that come with lots of socializing. Going to MIL's house for dinner on Saturday and her cooking is always very calorie rich. I am thinking about bringing my own food or at least lots of vegetables to eat.
Sunday we are celebrating a friend's birthday; good thing is I am in charge of finding the place where we'll eat, and my friends are actually into healthy eating, so that should be relatively easy.

Have a great weekend everyone!

julie99s
09-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Newshinyme, congrats on staying op. I must know, how do you go about meal planning? I'm so not that talented, nor organized. It scares me to think about how long I'd spend planning that out. Though a little less time on facebook and it might not be that bad lol.
Good luck at your gatherings this weekend!

MsPerception, that evil TOM is really something else. I tell you what, I've had 1 TOM since my pregnancy beginning in sept '08. God bless nursing. Hopefully TOM is kind to you and doesn't give you awful cravings and other pains in the rear.

That yard project sounds like a good, hard workout, TERAPET. Hope it goes smoothly.

Congrats on the loss, Louisa! Awesome! I hate road trips for the exact reason you stated. It's so easy to eat out of boredom. Good luck! What book have you got picked out?

I'm looking forward to, well, a whole lot of nothing this weekend. Going to workout tomorrow morning (no work for DH! YAY!), go to my ydd's soccer game, and watch football, racing, and baseball. ODD has gotten sick now. Stinks. 2nd week of school and she's missed half a day. She was wanting to get perfect attendance this marking period. Poor girl. Can't believe stuff's floating around already.

Was easier to get into my routine today. Only 30 minutes on the arc trainer, but that thing is so different than an eliptical. I had sweat just pouring off and wondered if I'd make it the full 30. I'll get there :) . Strength today too. Killed my arms, in a good way =]

TheBunneh
09-17-2010, 06:07 PM
The scale has decided to be mean to me, and after seeing 175.0 the other day it has put me up to 176.4 for two days for no reason I can see. *sigh* Oh well, I just gotta keep moving forward, it will have to catch up some time.

I had two Dr appointments today, one was my first GYN exam ever, which was weird. And then a follow-up about my seizure with a neurologist. He said I might have epilepsy. They are going to do a sleep deprived EEG and an MRI in a couple weeks to see if I have any abnormalities. I have to wake up at 4am the morning of the EEG (and go to sleep no earlier than midnight) and can have absolutely no caffeine. Won't that be fun. :dizzy:

Newshinyme
09-17-2010, 08:43 PM
julie: I am not very good at planning meals either, I've only been doing it for a couple of weeks. Before I did Nutrisystem which worked well, but I got tired of it. Then I tried just "winging it" every day which didn't work so well either.
Right now it takes me a couple of hours on Sunday to plan out the menu for the week. I have some books that I use as reference for sample menus and meals, and then I just plan out meals and snacks trying to incorporate one food group into each one of them.
I am hoping that after a couple more weeks I will have enough variety figured out for every meal that I will just be able to mix and match and make a coherent menu in less than 2 hours :lol:

Enjoy your time off this weekend!

My Michelle
09-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Finally broke in the 160s, yay, a new decade!

I do my planning on Sundays too, and it is definitely worth the effort. I have four or five favorite meals for each meal time, so generally just rotate through those, so it doesn't take that long.

LouisaH: You're so close to the 140s, that's so exciting! Congratulations!

mystical
09-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Good morning everyone, I know I didn't list a goal for september I have been so busy. I am now back and hoping that I will be able to check in with you all at least 3 or 4 times a week. I have a great meal plan that I am following and my new trainer well lets just say she is a bodybuilder and she really pushes me. I see her every Friday and that helps keep me motivated on the weekends. I am finally starting to see some weightloss and I am so excited. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :)

TERAPET
09-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Right now I am sitting here watching GT football and trying not to eat anything. I am saving my calories for the sports bar this afternoon. There are two games DH and I want to watch but they are not available on our cable. I don't know if it is a good idea to go to a sports bar hungry but hopefully I won't be sorry.

mystical-Great idea to see you trainer on Friday. Weekends can be so tricky. All that recent hard work should keep you motivated.

mymichelle-Congrats on the new decade! WooHoo.

TheBunneh-It is good you are covering your bases with the medical tests.

julie99-Your exercise sounds intense. Good for you for hanging in there the entire 30 minutes.

newshinyme-Sounds like you have a good plan for your social events. Have a good time.

LouisaH-Congrats on the loss. Almost there.

Ms Perception
09-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Good afternoon everyone!
This weeend I've been a little naughty food-wise as I've been at a women's conference at my church eating the delicious food they served and having a wonderful time meeting new friends and visiting and playing games with old and new friends. It's been very refreshing, but now that it's over I'll have to make sure to get extra fruits and veggies and detox from "treats".
I'm off to spend some time with the fam since I've been gone the last 24 hours! Have a great night!!

TERAPET
09-19-2010, 08:32 AM
I need detox today also. I ate some heavy food yesterday. I ended up feeling a bit guilty, actually more feeling stupid than guilty. I ate a McDonald's sundae yesterday thinking it was far less calories then it was. I could have had a cone instead and been just as happy. However, part of me is looking at this thinking "get over it" , it was just some extra calories. Live and learn. Which is good I think. I really obsess on this weight loss thing. I mean a lot. So, I am glad it is working but I cannot just live for weight loss!

susiemartin
09-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Check In Time

Yesterday was OP - thank goodness!

I was getting a wee bit worried that I wouldn't be able to get back on track.

I'm planning for another OP day :carrot: and hopefully I'll shed some of the weight I gained.

Hope your day is a good one :)

Ms Perception
09-19-2010, 11:43 PM
September Goal List

Ms Perception
09-19-2010, 11:50 PM
mystical-did you want me to add you tot he list with the goal of checking in 3-4x/week? You are doing so well and I couldn't be more thrilled for you...recalling all those months of frustration and standstill with your weight. What a joy to have found something that's working!!

TERAPET-My detox day went well today. How 'bout yours? One sundae doesn't make or break you, but I know the feeling.

I was POP today with plenty of water. Let's keep this thing going all week. DH suggested DQ tonight and I said no. Go me! I really would like to drop this extra weight before the marathon and it is exactly 2 weeks away today. Not much time to make progress, but I can take it one day at a time. I haven't made progress on the scale for the last couple weeks, but I've been overly snacky, so I absolutely know why. I'm off to plan meals and not just grab whatever I find for snacks.

susiemartin
09-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Check In
Yesterday wasn't OP :( and this morning's weigh-in showed it :(

I'm really having a hard time getting back in the groove again since my trip.

I swear that that I'm a total sugar addict and once I start eating it again I have a really hard time stopping.
Guess I'm just going to have to try harder.

Ms. P - Would you please change my September goals to- check in daily and weigh 223 instead of lose 8lbs. At 223 I'd weigh what I did the day I left for my trip. Thanks :)

Here's to a 100% OP day :carrot:

TERAPET
09-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Ms Perception-I did eat better yesterday. Plus I worked in the yard and went to the Y for a step class. All and all, I am back in my "losing" place. I have my meals planned for the day and another step class and then yoga are on board for this evening. I imagine it is difficult not to snack with all the running required for the marathon training. I bet you are hungry! Plus, with that kind of calorie burn, DQ does not seem totally out of the question. Good for you for staying on plan.

susiemartin-:hug: Just keep working on it. I am the same way with the goodies. "The more you cave, the more you crave." Have you tried planning your food for the day? I also use low calorie treats (100 cal ice cream treats, pudding) to feed my fix. Mostly I just do not allow myself the stuff I cannot control.

I am closing in on my goal. I am pretty excited about that. However, I am going out of town on Wednesday for a trip to DC with my husband. I have never been there before so this is a big deal for me. We will be eating out and I won't have a scale. Scary stuff! I am going to have to rely on my intuition and just not overeat. I really do not want to gain weight. Afterall, I am going there to see the city not to eat. (Although that would be fun too!)

Lewisempire
09-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Hi ladies,
Another weekend bites the dust! HAHA thank goodness too, because I was also naughty this weekend, with TOm cravings, I did not even try...... So Iam now back inaction full force, and all the cravings out of my system! YAY!
I got my butt to Zumba this AM which is not my regular day, but I work tomorrow (which would be my reg Zumba time) So Yay me again!
SusieMartin, You got this girl, You kicked some major butt with your labor day challenge! I am going to send you some extra wonderful thoughts and prayers that you find your groove!
TerapetGood luck on your trip. Hopefully, you will be walking a lot, while sight seeing. That will help you for sure!

Ms P-Are we going for 7 day POP mini challenge????? sounds like we could all use it! I am in for sure! starting today!
Mystical- Glad to see you joined us for Sept! I hope your new plan/trainer is working for you. My sister did that about a year ago, she lost about 40 pounds and looked MARVELOUS! She did say it was a lot of very hard intense mind-blowing :fr:work!
MY MICHELLEYAAAYYYYY! glad you left those 160's behind! Great job!

Girls, I gotta run, It is a very busy day for me, I wish I had time to do more personals! Hopefully everyone will have a great day!

LouisaH
09-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Hey chicklets, I am trying to get my check-ins, accountability, and necessary support before I leave Wednesday night for my drive to Maine. The first weekend we're there, DH's friends from high school/college are joining us. They are big (period) meat eaters (just big eaters, really), and I am a bit worried. Although, they'll probably just gross me out and I'll want to eat even less. lol.

Saturday morning, I weighed 150.6. I went to the beer fest (didn't drink much), then went to dinner with friends--antipasti, pizza, salads, drinks. Oh, and did I mention dessert? Sunday morning I weighed 154.4; did 110 minutes of zumba and ate light and healthy as penance, and today I weighed 153.8. I was really hoping to be in the 140s before the start of this vacation, but this seems to be my trend: reach a new low, go screw it up, spend the next week getting that weight back off. It's all still moving in the right direction eventually, but sheesh! I'm not bringing my scales, and will miss the end of this month/start of next. I hope my withdrawals aren't too bad. I'll check in on the antique (vintage?) scales that are there to keep an eye on my progress.

SusieMartin: Don't be discouraged. You already know you can do this. I was so majorly impressed with your willpower and staying power with what seemed like months POP, so don't be so hard on yourself. Ween yourself off those sugars a little at a time. Just keep reducing the amount you allow yourself, and try eating protein or peanut butter when you want something worse, and you'll eventually get it out of your system.

LE and MsP: I wish I could join you, but already am planning to have a wonky week with a road trip right in the middle of it! Good luck.

Thanks for your cheerleading everyone. I've had a couple of weekends of seeing people for the first time since I've lost all this weight. Many people have not recognized me, and many people have asked what my secret is. Although I've told everyone it's calorie counting and exercise, I realized that it really is accountability. Everyone knows "how" to lose weight, but most can only do it when they are doing it with someone else, and they need to be accountable to someone besides themselves (we are such liars, and we will believe anything we tell ourselves. lol). So I want to officially thank all of you for helping me lose this weight! I couldn't have done it without you.

I hope to check in again before I leave on Wednesday, and I'll try to peek in on your posts from my phone, but won't likely check back in until I return.

mystical
09-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Ms Perception yes I would love for you to add me. I am not going to do a weight goal this month but I will set one for next month. Thank you so much for the encouragement it has been so frustrating for me with my weight not moving. Keep your fingers crossed that things are looking up for me. :)

Lewisempire I would have to agree with your sister. My trainer is a woman bodybuilder. My friends tell I better do everything she says or she will snap me like a pencil LOL

My legs hurt a bit today from my training session thank goodness this is my day off... I go to the gym Tus, Wed, Frid, Sat anything above that is bonus. When I am not doing my grilling working with my trainer 30-45 min cardio and then 15-20 min weight training... Well gotta run chickies. Hope you all have a wonderful day

Ms Perception
09-20-2010, 10:18 PM
September Goal List

susiemartin: Check in daily and Reach 223 lbs
mystical: Check in 3-4x/week

Ms Perception
09-20-2010, 10:30 PM
susiemartin-I made the change to your goal. You can turn it around. Just keep reminding yourself how far you've come!

TERAPET-Glad to hear you're back in your "losing place". I feel like I'm there again myself and it feels good. Now, hopefully the scale will realize it!

LE-Yes! Let's do the 7 day challenge. Maybe it will keep me on track. So far so good anyway...today went well. I ran 12 miles ad ate just as planned, so the scale better be nice to me tomorrow!

LouisaH-Trips can do a number on a person, as we all know. Hope yours is lots of fun and very active so you enjoy a few treats here and there without paying the price! You're so right about the accountability too. It makes SO much difference!

mystical-You're on the list! No finger crossing necessary for you. You're already making good progress....just keep it up! Whatever you're doing is working. ;)

Twas a good day here. All went as planned health-wise. Tomorrow is a busy day with lots going on....why does that always happen on my "rest days"? They don't feel very restful! Well, I won't complain anymore because the activity should keep me away from snacking unnecssarily!

susiemartin
09-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Check In Time

You all are terrific :hug: All the kind words and support really does make a difference when the going gets tough.

Yesterday was OP :) and my weight is back down to 225.0.

I'm planning on another OP day today.

Lewisempire
09-21-2010, 10:07 AM
just a quick good morning- I will stay on plan today....... unfortunately I have a birthday at a mexican restaurant. My plan.....order the kids soft taco plate, 5 chips and salsa, no cheese sauce. Everyone please pray for my stick-to-it ness!
Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

NightAngel26
09-21-2010, 12:56 PM
hey....yeah I know it's getting toward the end of the month but I'd like to jump in just to be in something... and I like these threads most of all, I've tried some others but not felt quite as at home. Sorry I've been gone so long, I didn't want to grace the boards with my new and bigger numbers :yikes: but here I am... actually working my way down again right now... TOM is just around the corner so I expect my weight is up just a little anyway.

NightAngel26
09-21-2010, 12:58 PM
a week and a half left...lets see....

I'm 236... and almost TOM...so I'll go for 230. :carrot: 6 lbs..... how's it going everybody? hitting the tracks? The scary months are coming....I see Halloween sneaking up on me.

Newshinyme
09-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi, I am here and it's really late :P
The last few days have been really crazy and nothing has gone according to plan food wise. I weighed myself this morning and even though I am down for the week, it's by less than a pound. I guess I should count myself luck that I didn't gain after the crazy eating of the past few days.

Tomorrow things should be more normal, so I will be back and do personal and catch up with you all.

nurse2be
09-22-2010, 01:38 AM
Had to look up my origina post. I'm down 3 lbs and getting in a bit of exercise everyday so woo-hoo for that! Just 7 lbs for my goal for the month...it's gonna be close but I think I can do it!

susiemartin
09-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Check In Time
Yesterday was OP.

My weight is down a little morning :carrot:

Planning for another OP day today.

TERAPET
09-22-2010, 08:30 AM
I am off to DC this morning. Unfortunately the scale was up two pounds today. I am not sure why but I am a bit disappointed to be going on a vacation on that note. Goodness knows what my weight will be when I get back. However, I am excited to be going to DC so I will just have to get past it.

Have a great weekend all.

Ms Perception
09-22-2010, 10:12 AM
September Goal List

NightAngel26: Reach 230 lbs

Ms Perception
09-22-2010, 10:24 AM
NightAngel- You're on the list! So glad to have you back and know that you are welcome here. Weight loss is rarely an easy, straight road, but when you take the trip with people who care and support you that winding road is a lot more pleasant!

NSM- So...how's today going for you? If you need a hand up back on the wagon, I'm here for ya! I've been having a lot of those crazy streaks of days where food was totally not what I planned. One or 2 good OP days can get you right back on track though.

nurse2be-I'm glad you checked in and let us know how it's going. Yay on the keeping active! I'm also hoping for a tremendous end to the month to get my 6 more pounds off. I've stalled since week 1, but here's to finishing strong!

susiemartin- Excellent return to OP days! You'll be sure to reach your goal as you keep up this renewed motivation. :)

TERAPET-I can't remember if you said you'll be checking in while you're gone, but I hope your trip is great and (relatively) healthy! LOL I'm jealous and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

I almost forgot to post my update. Yesterday was day #2 OP and this morning I was back down within a couple tenths of my ticker weight. Tomorrow I would like to start seeing fresh, lower numbers. I'm off to run errands and then get a bunch of organizing done around home. Should keep me too busy to snack! Have a great day, ladies!!

julie99s
09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I am so not reaching my 10 lb goal this month. I haven't lost a dang pound! I keep fluctuating between 235 and 237. I think the 233 weigh in must have been a lucky day. And after all the work I've put in at the gym! I seriously think the staff there would worry about me if I didn't show up one day lol.

Oh well, at least the not drinking has gone well. I've noticed my body seems to metabolize it different now. I don't know if it's from exercise or just that I'm not used to it anymore, but after 1/2 a drink I feel it and don't want any more.

Who knows, maybe 20 lbs next month lol

Aunty Jam
09-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Same here :( The scale is not moving and I'm having a really hard time sticking to my eating plans. I also missed my run yesterday since I was showing an out of town coworker around and was tired and foot sore when I got home. I'll have to go some extra distance today but I know that won't make up the missed run. I hate missing my run! I sleep like carp when I don't run and wake up in the middle of the night (or 3:30am like last night).

Newshinyme
09-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Thank you Ms. P. So far it's been fine today, but I've only had breakfast so far LOL. Glad to hear you're getting back OP as well.

I finally got to organizing a plan for the week last night thinking I would go shopping right after. Problem is, I didn't, by the time DH got home, it was close to 9 PM and we both were too tired.
I hope the nice weather holds up today so I can walk to the store and buy what I need for the rest of the day.

Sorry to hear about your scale woes julie and AuntyJam, I am sending you good scale vibes.

Have fun in DC Terapet!

NightAngel26: Very nice to meet you!

Talk to you soon!

mystical
09-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Well today at work was very busy and I am so tired but I am going to the gym no matter what. I usually workout (Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat) but this week I had to trade Tue for Thur that means 4 days in a row at the gym.

I do have a dilema though. I work at a Chocolate Factory in quality and I have to do taste test everyday. I am so scared that all those extra calories are really going to add up..... not to mention how sometimes just that taste makes you want more. Any suggestion on how to handle this issue?

Lewisempire
09-23-2010, 02:44 AM
I guess I am living the "if at first you don'tsucceed... try, try again" saga.
I ended up having some trouble at the mexican food, the other night. I was doing good, had eaten no chips, but then the food order got delayed, so to compensate they brought out fresh hot chips, and I caved....but I did order the kids plat as planned. I will have to stay away from those kind of temptations for a while.
I do have my day already planned for tomorrow. I know that if I give up, I will never succeed. So I will keep trying. Ok I am off to bed now....

susiemartin
09-23-2010, 07:26 AM
I know that if I give up, I will never succeed. So I will keep trying.

Couldn't say it any better :)

Yesterday was OP, but my weight is up a little. Probably due to the full moon, humid weather & salt :cool:

Planning for another OP day today.

mystical
09-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Good morning all getting ready for work and I am still hanging in at 202 can't seem to break that mark this week but I am going to the gym and Friday is my workout with my trainer so hopefully by Saturday that will change. Have a wonderful day everyone :)

Ms Perception
09-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Hello everyone! I felt everyone else's rollercoaster feelings as I read through the posts from yesterday and today. I was so excited to come and say I'm finally down to my low for the month...sadly still only halfway to my goal for the month. I was even a little naughty yesterday with a candy bar, but I was within calories, so it all was fine overall. Now to do some quick personals before bed:

julie99s-Do you know why you're not losing weight? Too many calories or too few? Not enough sleep or water? Just wondering. Other than an occasional stall when I was first losing, I think I've always know why I wasn't losing weight (usually by eating naughty/too much! LOL).

Aunty Jam-Hope you're able to get back on your normal run schedule. I know it stinks when a routine is messed up when you're a routine kinda person. As you know, this month is just a blip on the bigger weightloss picture. You're slowing forming the good habits and routines to get you to the healthy person you want to be!

NSM-Did you get to the store? The gorcery budget is a little tight here this month, so it's been an added challenge to not buy too much, but still keep the meals healthy. Good thing I love a good challenge! ;)

LE-Mmmmm...warm chips and salsa! YUM! Another reason I don't go out for Mexican very often. It's just too dang delicious! Good for you for sticking to the kid's meal, though. I'm not sure I could've done it. So, it's back to day 1 OP, no biggie. It just takes that one day to get headed back in the right direction! You got this!

susiemartin-Glad you had another OP day, you're doing it! Forget the scale. You know you're doing the right things!

Mystical-WOW! You're knocking on Onederland's door! I'm so excited for you. As in all things wonderful, patience is required, but it's coming soon! As far as the work question..how have you handled it up 'til now? You seem to be doing just fine. I guess I would say do what you have to do tasting the chocolate, but maybe brush your teeth after ward or somehow "cleanse your palette" so you don't have that lingering taste in your mouth causing you to crave more sweets. IMO a "taste" shouldn't have significant calories to impact your diet, so I wouldn't even worry about it if you can keep to just the necessary amount for work purposes.

mystical
09-24-2010, 12:35 AM
well you see I have to taste several of our products it is one entire piece of our candy along with two types of oil, the filling and 3 different nuts and then 2 mints. That is on a daily basis. I am hoping that it doesn't end up being to many calories.

Last week I lost 5 lbs this week just 1/2 lb. I guess that isn't to bad with TOM being here how I hate that feeling.

susiemartin
09-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Check In Time

Yesterday was OP planning for another today.

Hope your day is a good one:carrot:

Jeff DeJesus
09-24-2010, 08:43 AM
HI Brand new on here. Lots of different strategies. Can anyone recommend a starting point? I am interested in fat burning>

My Michelle
09-24-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm OP on the road, yay! Though my loss has slowed, I'm still losing. Not sure I'll make my 10 pound goal for the month, I'm sitting at 7 right now, I guess I can hope I'm carrying some water weight from eating most meals out right now. I'm just thrilled to prove to myself that you can stay on plan while traveling!

julie99s
09-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Ms Perception, I don't know why I'm not losing. I drink plenty of water. It could be not enough sleep as DS has hit a rough spot (cranky, doesn't want to sleep in his crib, I think he is teething), but I wasn't really losing when he was sleeping well. The calories, I don't know. I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly where I need to be. I'm still nursing and I've seen a wide range of numbers, so I've been tinkering. I think I may join WW online again just because it's more direct, and it's worked well in the past.

Mystical, if I worked at a chocolate factory, they'd have to roll me out of there. Either that, or I'd be so sick of it, I'd never touch it again. Burger King did that to me as a teen. Blech!

My Michelle, wtg on staying OP while traveling. And congrats on the 7 lbs lost so far this month!

Back to the gym this morning. I took it easy yesterday, only 30 on the eliptical. Skipped zumba last night. 9th day straight at the gym today, but I'm making Saturday my official rest day. I think I was overdoing it and was dead tired yesterday.

Ms Perception
09-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Good morning all! I'm finally getting on here in the morning, but it's gonna be a quickie, 'cuz I got stuff to do and the kids only have a half day of school. I'm thrilled to report another pound gone. Don't know why I'm suddenly losing, but I'll take it!

mystical-Yeah, it's probably TOM. One piece of candy, a few nuts, and a couple mints isn't gonna kill you calorie wise. I eat sweets about half of the days when I'm OP and I still lose just fine (when I'm OP). Just keep up the hard work at the gym and eat right besides the work stuff and you're golden!

Jeff-:welcome: Good to have you here! As far as first steps, I guess you'd want to sort of see what your end goal is and what you need to do to get there. If you're interested in fat loss/muscle gain, you'll certainly want to do a good cardio/weight mix for exercise and eat a lower fat, higher protein diet. You'll probably want to figure out about how many calories you burn a day (online calculator can give you a rough estimate) and then eat less than that. I'm oversimplifying a little, but I hope this helps you as you start out. Oh and drink lots of water!

My Michlle-I'm at about 6 lbs lost with 4 to go, but I'm trying to be optimistic since I've gone down like a pound and a hlf in a couple days! Great job eating right as you eat out!! That's awesome!

julie99s-Maybe WW online is a good idea. I'm a big believer in making sure you're getting the right amount of calories. I've stalled out both from eating too little and eating too much. It's a careful balance for me, so good luck finding yours!

Ms Perception
09-24-2010, 01:04 PM
September Goal List

susiemartin
09-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Check In Time

Yesterday was OP - planning for another today.

Weighed 222.8 this morning. That's the lowest since my trip.

I'm not going to claim my September goal (223) just yet. I could see a fluctuation by tomorrow or the next day. I'm just glad the scale is moving in the right direction again.

Hope your day is a good one & you enjoy the weekend :)

Ms Perception
09-25-2010, 10:10 PM
susiemartin-I'm glad you're seeing the scale moving in the right direction again. That's always a relief!

I was not OP today. I had a meeting this morning and although I resisted for the first couple hours, I eventually caved and had 2 donuts (after some broccoli and carrots :)). That ended up being my lunch, basically, since I had no time to eat between that and supper, so I'm not gonna beat myself up too much. I'm sure I could've made better choices, though. I did have time after supper today to plan supper meals for the next week and a half. October will be a sort of transition month for me, so I'm glad to start planning for success.

susiemartin
09-26-2010, 07:53 AM
Check In Time
Planning for a total 100% OP day!

Good thing I didn't claim my September goal.

We had a big party :hat: for my mom (who's visiting from out of town)....and I partied.
This morning I weigh 226.6 - that's an amazing 3.8lb. gain overnight. So much for party food :D

Hope your day is great!

mystical
09-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Well I don't know about all of you but for me TOM has brought me terrible cravings. Where do I begin Friday night was old fashion diner (burger, onion rings) then Saturday I was in bed most of the day and didn't eat so when I did manage to bring myself to life we had chicken and mashed potatoes, and then today I wanted nothing at all had a few fries and they made me sick. after all that I was still down to 201 but holding out on that for a few days LOL. I'll keep you posted. Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

Ms Perception
09-26-2010, 08:39 PM
susiemartin-Hope you enjoyed your mom's party. That's part of life, but time to get right back OP!

mystical-Your body is rejecting your food choices! LOL Isn't it great when our body forces us to eat right?! ;) Here's to making good choices so you can hold on to the 201!!

Today was pretty much OP. Homemade strawberry smoothie for breakfast, then some pizza for lunch, but didn't overdo it. I probably could've survived with less, but it was tasty! For supper, I passed on the chips and had a healthy sandwich and broccoli. I felt good about that and now I'm focusing on drinking lots of water and getting to bed at a reasonable time. I'm running out of time to make progress toward this month's goal!

NightAngel26
09-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Ms Perception- Doesn't sound like you were having anything too terrible, and especially if you didn't go overboard...it's good to have a treat sometimes.

mystical- wow TOM cravings are great aren't they? Yeah I just got done with that myself. You got sick about food? Does this happen during TOM for you?

susiemartin- wow you must be excited to get there!! Congrats for you! no worries, even with a small fluctuation you have time!! :carrot:

julie99s- hey how are you liking the zumba? It looks like fun, I'm not big on the gym myself though..... are you feeling the burn? :cool:

My Michelle- Yes traveling and keeping track is hard...it seems like a break in routine tends to be a problem. Sounds like you're doing great though!!

Jeff DeJesus-hey welcome!! :D there are soooo many options, there's a thread for every diet out there....and I think a lot of people are looking to burn fat (me too). I would just check out the boards and really this thread is great, they keep up really well and there's always one for the next month. I've been gone a while up until last week or so, and I can come look for this thread. I love it. Good luck and I hope you can find something interesting that you like. :woohoo:

NightAngel26
09-26-2010, 11:27 PM
ehh.... 235 right now...kind of just wavering in that range....so 5 lbs more for this month.... seems kinda like a good goal. I've been eating ok, I recently did a week without starchy foods and that really made a big difference.....It's why I'm where I am now actually. Hope everyone is well, I'll check in again soon. :D

My Michelle
09-27-2010, 07:47 AM
Well, we're definitely in the home stretch now! This month I've weighed every day and I didn't know how I was going to like that, but I'm finally beginning to be mentally better about approaching the scale every morning. Some of the fear is wearing off, so that's good. I think I will continue with daily weighing.

Mystical: Tom has hit yesterday for me too, and I find myself having to turn away from food commercials they create such strong food cravings! I hate that! You're so close to breaking through to ONEderland, that's so exciting!

Msperception: You must be tapering for your marathon this coming weekend! How exciting, I'm sure you're going to KICK BUTT!

susiemartin
09-27-2010, 08:04 AM
and I'm planning an OP day.....

Not sure if I can make my September goal - but I'm going to try. I'm also going to wait until the 30th to change my weight tickers.
Amazing what eating anything & everything :devil: I want does to me!

Here's my daily September weight record just to prove to myself in black & white what happens when I go off program

9/1 =227.0
9/2=225.8
9/3=225.8
9/4=225.8
9/5=224.6
9/6=224.0
9/7=223.0
9/8=223.0
9/9 Out of town until 9/14
9/14=232.6
9/15=226.8
9/16=227.8
9/17=228.2
9/18=229.4
9/19=225.8
9/20=228.0- Still having a have time getting OP since my trip
9/21=225.0
9/22=224.6
9/23=226.0
9/24=224.2
9/25=222.8
9/26=226.6 - Big party
9/27=229.4 - The party is finally over

Here's to finishing out the next 3 days strong!!

TheBunneh
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Well, so far I've let this month slip away from me. I was up to 180 this morning. :o I am very close to TOM though, and my birthday (21st) was this past weekend and I indulged in a little too much candy. :sorry: Not to mentioned I've been fighting a terrible depressed mood that hit me a few weeks ago and wouldn't go away.

This seems to be the pattern I've been stuck in for the past, like, year. I have a good month, then the next month I undo it all. Urg. I have to stop this.

*sigh* Anyway, I'm forcing myself back on track now and I'll see how much damage I can fix for the start of next month.

Ms Perception
09-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Hey ladies (and gentleman)! I don't have time for much updating, but so far it's been an OP day. I'll check back later for personals and a more thorough progress report! :)

Newshinyme
09-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Eeek! I just realized I hadn't been here to check in for almost a week. Of course my eating is reflecting that. Weekends are the worst of course, so I am thinking maybe I should start coming by then too so that in my mind they don't become "do what I want" days.

So glad September is almost over though. I can now focus in October and what I hope to accomplish then.

I am sending a big cheer to all of you who are making good progress and are close to reaching your September goal :carrot:

To all of us that are struggling a big :hug:, let's stick through this together.

We've had a really good salmon run this year, so it's really cheap right now. On Saturday I went and bought a whole fish for $20, now I am staring at it wondering what to do with it. It's just the 2 of us, so cooking/freezing it whole is not the best idea. I've never had to fillet a fish before. I guess today is as good a time as ever to learn lol.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Avezy44
09-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Ahh Goal Met!

NightAngel26
09-28-2010, 09:12 AM
:carrot: happy carrot dance for you!

Congrats on goal met, now you can sit back and just feel at ease with yourself :D

:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celeb rate::celebrate::celebrate:

TERAPET
09-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Congrats Avezy!

I loved DC. There was so much to see. We walked all over the mall and through countless museums but I still managed to put on a few pounds. But I am back to my routine so I should be able to get back to the business of losing now.

CardboardCutoutCat
09-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey, sorry not posted much this month, just dropping in to say I met goal. In fact, I intended to lose 6lbs and I lost 8

Weighed at 172 this morning so I'm thrilled with that, seems all the exercise paid off :)

susiemartin
09-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Check In Time

My weight was up again this morning :(

But so far I've had an OP day and working on keeping it that way!

Hope your day is a good one :)

Ms Perception
09-28-2010, 10:55 PM
September Goal List

Ms Perception
09-28-2010, 11:01 PM
A huge YAHOO!!! to those who met goal!

I'm not doing very well at checking in here early in the day since the days just take off without me sometimes, but none-the-less, I've been fairly OP and the weight has stabilized. The wooshes from last week gave me hope of reaching goal, but it appears quite unlikely now. No biggie, though since I made good progress and feel good. I'm off to my parents' tomorrow to visit and get some stuff done there, so it'll be another late check-in tomorrow, but it's helpful to check-in even if it's not early in the day like I'd prefer. It reminds me to stay on track because I want to be able to share my successes with you all! :D

susiemartin
09-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Check In Time

Yesterday was OP until dinner time :( So far this month I'm 3lbs heavier than when September started. I'm going in the wrong direction.

Today I'm going to spend time some quiet time with myself and pull myself out of whatever funk I'm in.

mystical
09-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Good morning all :) I had plans on starting to go to the gym in the mornings before work, but I was so tired I really hate working off hours. I work from 11am - 7pm. Not enough time in the morning and no time at night. I am trying to get a routine down to get to bed a little earlier so wish me luck on that one. As for me I am at 200.2 those 200's are just hanging on grr...

At least I am doing much better with checking in here like I wanted to and you all have helped me so much to stay motivated Thank you all!!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day :)

TERAPET
09-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Unfortunately still hanging on to those extra pounds from DC. If they can go on so fast, why o why can't they go off quickly also! I realize I need to be patient though and stay on plan. It works eventually, just not quickly.

mystical-Sorry u missed your exercise. I missed mine today due to a bad night sleeping. Sleep is important too though!

susiemartin-I try to keep the big picture in mind. Trust in yourself and your ability to move forward and try not to worry over the bumps in the road. You have done really well overall. I believe there is more weight loss in our future.

Ms Perception-It is apparent I have also missed my goal for this month. I knew it was a long shot but I figured it was worth a try. So I will try to salvage what I can for September and then it is on to the next monthly goal.

Newshinyme
09-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi all!
I feel exactly like you Ms.P.. I'd much rather check earlier in the day and get my day started right.

Congratulations to Avezy and CardboardCutoutCat for meeting your goals!

susiemartin: Hope you have an OP day today. Maybe checking in more than once a day would help you?

mystical: Yeah, that work schedule seems a bit wonky to me. I used to have one like that and I could never get anything done during the day, it felt like I just spent the morning getting ready to go to work. I hope you can figure out a way to go to the gym early and get a routine going.

terapet: Glad you enjoyed DC, too bad about the lbs. though, I hope they leave you soon.

I'm im a funk and not eating as well as I would like. I sure hope October brings better things for me!

mystical
09-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Well DH and I are working on a schedule for gym and I am going to either going to fit in a couple of extra morning at the gym or do my 30-day shred at home haven't decided which one I will do. Any suggestions?

My Michelle
09-30-2010, 07:19 AM
Well, I came oooh so close to my goal, I lost 9.8 pounds instead of 10. I was totally on-plan, ate clean the whole month, so I wouldn't have done anything different! I'm definitely going to keep weighing daily, it keeps me focused and reminds me every morning of both what's important to me and of my priorities!

My daily weigh-ins:
31. 176.2 start weight
1. 174.4
2. 175.2
3. 174.8
4. 174.8
5. 174.6
6. 174.2
7. 174.2 Come ON, I want to see anything in the 173s!
8. 174.2 Kill me.
9. 174.2
10. 173.0
11. 172.4
12. 172.0
13. 172.0
14. 170.8
15. 170.6 I can't wait to see a 160-anything number!
16. 170.4
17. 170.2
18. 169.8
19. 169.8
20. 169.8
21. 169.8
22. 170
23. 169.6
24. 169.2
25. 168.2
26. 167.8
27. 167.4
28. 167.4
29. 167.4
30. 166.4 -9.8 pounds for the month..... yay!

susiemartin
09-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Check In Time

I absolutely didn't make my September goal. In fact I gained 4lbs:(
It really killed me to changed my ticker and my New Year's goal.

September has been a good learning experience for me. I'm a total binger and sugar addict. Once I get going I have a HARD time stopping.

I really need to work on staying OP even when stuff around me is crazy :dizzy:

Here's to a better October :)

julie99s
09-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Terapet, so sorry about those extra vacay lbs hanging on. I hope you had a good time though.

MyMichelle, congrats on your nearly 10 lb loss!

Mystical, I chose gym, but that's because I have kids. It's so hard to do any kind of workout at home with a 15 month old at my feet. Plus the gym gets me out of the house and around new people. I will say the first times I did 30 day shred I ran out the front door feeling like puking. Holy smokes. Good luck in your decision.

Susiemartin, I'm the same as you. Total sweet tooth which will usually lead to binging if I'm not careful.

Well, stepping on the scale this morning read 233. Not my 10 lb loss goal by any means, but I'm just glad I lost something. Also, I did well on not drinking so much this month. I had a few, but nothing major. Even went 2 weeks without a drink at one point. So all is not lost :) :carrot:

Good luck to everyone in October :D

TERAPET
09-30-2010, 01:06 PM
mymichelle-:bravo: 9.8 is as good as 10 pounds in my book!

julie99-Getting control of the alcohol calories is a big one for me also. I would have a glass (or two) of wine every evening if I could but alas it makes me fat. Plus I usually want snacks with the wine also. Part of my vacation weight is definitely tied to some alcohol indulgence. Congrats on getting past it.

Newshinyme
09-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Morning!
Mystical: If it were me I would probably do something at home to save some time just because it takes me such a long time to get out the door. I do not like the 30DS though, so I would chose something else hehe.

MyMichelle: Wow! Congratulations, what you are doing is definitely working, keep it up!

susiemartin: Ugh! I know exactly what you mean. I am just like that too. October will be kinder to you.

julie99s: Yay! for small victories.

See you all in the October thread.

VickieLou
09-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Goal this month lose 10 LBS. Read The Beck Diet Solution.
Lost 1.6 LBS. Didn't read the Beck Diet Solution.

SW: 248.4
CW: 246.8 (-1.6)
GW: 238.4

mystical
09-30-2010, 09:23 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it I go up this morning and I am at drum roll please........ 199.6 I have waited so very long to see that one on the scale I am so proud. Even though tonight I will be planing a pizza night with the kids only 2 pieces for me and lots water and a salad so hopefully that won't be too much damage LOL... Have a great night I will check in later. At least I have met that goal this month YEAH!

Ms Perception
09-30-2010, 09:44 PM
The October thread is up and here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/213743-october-weight-loss-challenge.html#post3503097

Ms Perception
09-30-2010, 09:51 PM
September Goal List

Ms Perception
09-30-2010, 10:28 PM
My Michelle-I absolutely gave you credt for the 10 lbs. You did an incredible job this month! Kudos to you for a completely OP month!!

mystical-SUPER EXCITED to read you news!! Happy Onederland!!!

VickieLou-A loss is a loss! Celebrate the 1.6 pounds and on to next month.

NSM-Been good seeing your posts. Here's to making October the month of being OP and keeping accountable on this thread!

TERAPET-The vaca weight is actually what's killed me all summer. I went on a cruise in June and STILL can't get back to where I was pre-cruise! Okay that sounds SO NOT very encouraging, but I learned my lesson and I gained a crapload more weight than you did, so no worries. You'll bounce back in October for sure!

I fell short of goal this month by a pretty good shot. I gained a bit back from last week. So I'm sitting at 5 down. October is a fresh new month to see continued progress. I'm looking forward to it and my post-marathon schedule!