Old 09-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #136  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Ms Perception - Thanks for the adjustment... hah, my goal should really be just to control my eating. I've been in such a funk lately that just that would be an acomplishment. But look at you... a 20 mile run????? WOW!!!

I've made some food progress, I've upped my veggies and have managed to get some healthy snacks. I also tried my hand at making hummus and although the garlic is a little over powering it's pretty good.

I'm starting a new running program today, training for a 10k. And actually toying with the idea of going for a half marathon next summer. I have some pretty good running programs from a local running club/store. If I stick with the plan and work at it I might actually be able to make it. Another bit of motivation for me is a friend of mine will be going for the same half marathon. She asked if I would go for the 10k next year and I told her I would... but I would love to be able to call her up and tell her I'll be lining up next to her for that half marathon.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #137  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the zumba info, Lewisempire and Terapet. I paid my $35 fall session 1 classes fee today, so I darned well better utilize it now

Lewisempire, congrats on your loss!

Glad to hear you seem to be getting better, TERAPET.

Ms Perception, 20 miles of anything is amazing. And you ran for 17! Phenominal!!
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #138  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Woo 177.6 this morning Now if I ever get motivated maybe i'll actually go to the gym soon
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #139  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

I'm battling a cold and I feel like blaaaah. I took yesterday off from exercise, though I managed to get the exercise in for today, I'm not entirely sure I should have. I've been completely on plan with food, so hopefully all this healthy nutrition will help me heal fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Perception View Post
So, yesterday I braved my 20 mile run.
Wow, great job! I know you'll rock it at your races with all the excitement to carry you through the sheer exhaustion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avezy44 View Post
Woo 177.6 this morning Now if I ever get motivated maybe i'll actually go to the gym soon
Congrats Avezy!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:47 PM   #140  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Wow, Where did the day go?

I haven't been around since Friday and I was missing everybody . Thanks for the encouragement for the weekend everyone. It actually was not so bad, a few off-plan things but not enough to do any damage.

I am down 2 lbs this week which is awesome, but I know a lot of it is probably water weight and that the following weeks I will see smaller losses.That's OK, I can actually start wishing for the 180's hehe.

Still have a whole lotta stuff to do around the house so I can't sit and do personals . But I will be back tomorrow.

Have a great evening!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #141  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Alright everyone...another fairly successful day down. I found out why I've been up a little more that I should've been from the weekend. Dear old TOM arrived today with some lovely cramping to remind me why I hate him!

Love the encouraging chatter on here...I really appreciate you ladies so much!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 09-14-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:37 AM   #142  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Check In

I weighed 226.8 this morning - down 5.8 lbs! Amazing how easily I retain water!! - and how quickly it will go by staying OP.
Hopefully I'll lose the rest in a few more days.

Ms. P - Didn't see any shows in NYC. Mostly family & museums It's always great to see my kids & grand kids, but the truth be told....
I hate NYC and would never go there if I didn't have too. Hubby pretty much feels the same way. We are simple farm folks and have a hard time with all the garbage, noise, dog doo, smells and 8 million people packed in to such a small area. Not to mention the high price of everything. Butter is $5.50 a pound, cigarettes almost $10 a pack, boogie people are in the subway; you can't hardly get a decent hotel room for under $400 a night and everywhere you go you need to use hand sanitizer
(and I'm not overly particular -manure on my clothes is an everyday thing ).

I suppose if you're up for it and have lots of money, NYC is an interesting place to visit. But if you ask me - it's no place to live or to raise children

Now that I've depressed everyone......
here's wishing you all a great OP day
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:02 AM   #143  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Jeez susiemartin, I have a hard time shelling out 2.50 for a lb of butter. Glad you had a good time seeing your kids and grandkids, and didn't let the subway boogie people get you lol

Way to go on your 2 lb loss, Newwshinyme!

Made it to zumba last night, it was fun. I'm sure I looked like a floundering fish at first, but I started picking up the moves. There's a half hour class Thursday, so I'll probably go to that too. I'm glad I went to the class last night on top of my morning gym time because my baby boy is sick today. I likely won't make it to the y today. Just as well, I've worked out the last 8 days straight, I think I need a rest day.

Scale said 235 yesterday. Up 2. I think it hates me. I've been busting my butt at the gym. Rather discouraging.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #144  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

susiemartin-DH feels pretty similar about visiting NYC. He's a small town boy and has little desire to visit the big city. We've decided when the kids are a little older we'll take them there one time to see the sights like the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island, the museums, etc. We have this whole trip out east planned for someday. I love American history and would absolutely love to do a big trip to Boston, Philadelphia, and D.C. to visit major historic spots, maybe we'll do NYC on that same trip. Get all the big city stuff out of the way at once! LOL

julie99s-Glad you made it to zumba and it was fun. I keep hoping to see it offered through our community ed. so I can try it out.

It's a lazy day here trying to not cramp too much and making sure I don't eat more that I need to. Have a great day all!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #145  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey Chicklets, just a drive by here.

MsP: good for you on the run. You'll do fine on the marathon!
susiemartin: you totally cracked me up about NYC. Ew.
julie99s and MsP: I have downloaded on my browser nearly all the zumba videos from these chicks in Hickory NC that are on YouTube, and I just do a bunch of them in a row and it's a great workout (90 minutes this morning!). They are fun and pretty easy to follow (especially after you've done them a bunch.lol). I like that I don't have to look like an *** while figuring out the routine. And all the time I'd spend driving can be spent getting more exercise!

My Michelle: feel better soon!

Gotta run. The scale was down to 153.8 this morning, which is still up from the 152.4 I saw on Sunday, before gorging myself on sushi. Oh well, what do I expect? Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by LouisaH; 09-15-2010 at 10:54 PM.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Finally made it back to the Y for a step class this morning. It felt great to get moving again. I have a bunch of housecleaning to do also so I should sleep well tonight. Still managing to keep to my eating plan and I seem to be on track for my September goal. Half way there girls.

Ms Perception-It is so cool that you are training for a marathon. The first time I read you ran for 15 miles I thought it might be a typo! I cannot imagine running for more than 3 miles. That is quite an accomplishment.

julie99 & LouisaH-I love Zumba. It is such a great all round workout with all those crazy moves. Plus, the energy in a class is both fun and motivational.

susiemartin-Good news on the extra pounds are coming off. I have heard those same things about New York but I have never been there myself. Hopefully someday. I would love to see a broadway show. There is no way I could live with the expense part either.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #147  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi chickies!

I'm having a blah kinda day today. I have stuff to do but no motivation to actually do it. I have been having a really hard time waking up each morning for the past few days, I am not sure what's going on. I don't think it's me though, since DH is feeling the same...weird...

julie99: I've heard zumba is a lot of fun. Glad you joined. I am totally uncoordinated so not sure it would be for me. I am giving aquafit a try, which is OK since nobody can see if I am having issues with the moves under the water LOL. So sorry to hear about your scale grief. Maybe you could try using a measuring tape for a little while to see how that changes so that you don't get discouraged?

Avezy44: Congrats on the loss!

My Michelle: Feel better soon.

Ms.P.: Ugh! Hopefully TOM is not too evil on you. Be good to yourself today.

susiemartin: Glad to hear all those lbs. are leaving you so fast. NYC is a place I'd like to see one day. DH very, very briefly considered applying for a job there once, which was an intriguing possibility, but I am not sure I would like to live in a gigantic city again.

Louisa: Maybe I'll look for those zumba videos too. I can totally relate to not wanting to look totally ridiculous trying to follow a routine.

Terapet: WTG on all the exercising. You are looking at that goal right between the eyes now .

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Last edited by Newshinyme; 09-15-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #148  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Check In Time

Yesterday was not an OP day
I'm coming down with a cold ( probably a leftover gift from NYC) and was eating everything in sight yesterday.
My weight is up 1lb. (227.8) this morning from all the carbs I ate yesterday.
I'm going to be lucky if I can manage to make this month's goal of 219.

Hope the rest of you have a great day!.........
......now I'm going to go back to bed and sulk
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

susiemartin-aaw, try not to sulk. Having a cold stinks but just hang in there. Try to stay away from the bad carbs and drink lots of water.

Newshinyme-I noticed you live in Vancouver. I used to live in Seattle. It is such a gorgeous place up there, although a bit gloomy for me after growing up in the Midwest. I need my sunshine! Anyway, I have always regretted not visiting Vancouver when we lived nearby. I was concerned about finances. I have heard that it is a fabulous city though. We did make it to Victoria a few times and absolutely loved it.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #150  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Just a quick check in since I have to spend all day in a training course... I actually have some good news for a change. Scale this morning said I was back to 145 and I'm actually showing some nice definition in my leg muscles.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote