Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:09 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Wink New CANADIAN SPRING Thread

to our New CANADIAN SPRING Thread ~ the majority ruled and so we will have a four-season thread ... kind of fitting since we are from a four-season country, after all ...

Decided to start the spring thread for April 1st as most of the country will start spring in this month. Most of our snow is gone here too and we are in northern Ontario. We did have a bit of snow last week, but it is almost all gone now. We had lovely weather today ... 60 F which is pretty warm for here right now, so it feels kinda like spring too.

Hope you all have a great April Fool's Day -- do people still pull pranks on each other that day or is that passe now? As long as no-one gets hurt and they are all in fun, I think they are OK ...
Old 04-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #2  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I am the first to find you, how cool. It is a lovely day here in Wardsville but I did sleep most of it away. Nights suck!!!!!

I failed on my first day of Atkins so I have started again. I find Atkins easy but you have to have the right mind set. Since today is the first day of the month and my horoscope said today was a good day to take charge of my health. I figure I will listen to the stars
Old 04-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #3  
Rosebud

Glad you found our new Spring thread -- we had an unbelievable day today ... not like spring, but like a hot summer day with lots of -- and the temps were pushing to 77 F at one point in the afternoon. Later, a breeze came and the temps dropped down to 60 F in the shade but it was still nice.

We went for a drive in the country to scout out some stones and pebbles for my planting pots which I want to start tomorrow. HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND to everyone here -- Spring and Easter go together well too, I think ...

Hope you all are having a wonderful week too; take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-01-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:34 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Isn't this weather incredible! Today is going to be full summer. I plan to be outdoors as much as possible, maybe even power-wash the decks. Last year on this day I was salting and chipping ice from my side walk! This year the crocus, snowdrops and scillas are in bloom and the buds on the maples are popping. It's nuts!

Enjoy and Happy Easter, everyone.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #5  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Nice to see a new Spring thread here. I'm jealous of your warm weather in Ontario. It has been nice here, but not that nice!

Nice to have a long weekend this weekend. I am going to work on our taxes and get a few things done around the house. Even though I work in an accounting office, I prefer to do my taxes at home. I figure I don't need all my co-workers knowing my business.

We are thinking of going to Hawaii in December, so that is a little extra motivation to take some more of these extra pounds off. Didn't one of our Canadian members just return from there? Wonder which island they went to? We will probably visit Oahu, evne though we have been there before.

Happy Easter weekend everyone.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #6  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Yay spring thread! I'm hoping that warm weather in Ontario will hold out for another 2 weeks... I'm in Hamilton the weekend of the 17th for my cousins wedding. I still haven't bought an outfit to wear or figured out what I'm going to do with my horrible hair I used to have some hair curlers but haven't seen them since our last move. I'm not good with that kind of stuff so I'm in a real pickle since this wedding is real fancy dancey. Ack!
Old 04-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #7  
Rosebud

RUTH ~ yes, last year we were mountain deep in snow, but when I was filling up NIKO's water pail today, I noticed that my gardens are in bloom! I have flowers!

It was very hot today with full and some nice wispy clouds and a very strong wind ... that made it like a sand storm at some moments. It was a good thing we had some breeze, as it got up to 83 F in town around dinnertime, but then later on, some clouds rolled in and we just had some to cool things down.

We spent part of the day doing yardwork -- well, DH did whilst I supervised; he really needed help getting things organized in the back yard. We go through this every spring and now it looks neat and tidy again. OK, so I had to shake my cane a few times, but who's counting? Just kidding ... haha!!! Actually, DH appreciates the helpful tips as organization is not one of his strong points. I also cut DH's hair today, as it really needed it -- he was starting to look like a retired hippy ...

Hope you all have a HAPPY EASTER!!!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-03-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #8  
Rosebud

Ooops ~ I must correct that last post -- I have flowers coming up, they aren't blooming just yet. I was so excited to see them and I checked on them today again, and I have even more coming up now. We had some for the last couple of nights and that is really helping. Even though we have cooler temps, the was out on and off all day today so that was really nice for Easter Monday ...

I made a nice shoulder Ham for dinner yesterday and we had that again today but with potato scallop with carrots, and broccoli and salad tonight. I had lemon pudding for dessert just now and DH had his favorite chocolate pudding.

Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up ... Rosebud
Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies!

I can't believe this is my first chance to get on 3FC this month! Busy Busy!

I have my weekly weigh-in/measurements at HM today, so we'll see how I'm doing at lunchtime.

I went on Monday and had lost a pound over the long-weekend so I was at 206! Not far to ONEderland!

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather. I got new black/stainless appliances on the weekend and yesterday got beautiful new ceiling fan in my master bedroom. Getting ready to paint and tile the kitchen once I figure out the colours. I really want to replace my cabinets as well, but that may have to wait a bit.

I'll update my ticker once I get my weekly update at lunch.

Have a great day!
Tamara

Last edited by tamaraj; 04-07-2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #10  
Rosebud

Had a lovely day today with a breeze so I hung out some laundry; and the temps have dropped a bit tonight, but hopefully it won't get too bad becuz we really don't want any of that white fluffy stuff right now. Just had a quiet restful day at home; sure needed that.

More flowers are coming up in our side gardens. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow ... Rosebud
Old 04-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #11  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone... anyone miss me? Things have been super crazy lately.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #12  
Rosebud

HI AUNTY ~ yes, it was getting kinda lonely around this thread; glad you are back visiting again. We had a terrific ****** storm up this way for 2 days straight, but thankfully we have our back and it is melting again.

However, there was a bonus from this storm -- we had a bunch of flocks of different birds come back to our feeders as they all needed food during that cold spell ... lots and lots of Sparrows, Junkos, Starlings, Doves, Grackles or Blackbirds, and Robins. Bet they were wondering why we had such bad weather when they came back up here to have their babies ...

It seems this happens every year now; late snows in April, but thankfully they don't last too long. We finally found a new vacuum bit it took awhile; tried it out and it works great -- couldn't believe what we weren't picking up before ...

So the sun is supposed to be back for about 3-4 days -- I hope they are correct about that. HOpe you all are having a wonderful weekend too ... Rosebud
Old 04-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey fellow Canadians!! I'm from PEI! I'd love to join ya's for a "seasonal" chat!!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Well! Here you all are! Hello!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #15  
Rosebud

JENNY ~ wow, you are doing great; congrats on that huge loss so far ... mind sharing with us a few tips on what you are doing?

HI SUSANB ~ yes, we started up the new Spring thread; hope everyone find us here. I know it's spring and when the great weather comes, we all start spending huge amounts of time outdoors and in our gardens, so I am reserving my evenings for coming in here; it works for me ...

to all our other Canadians out there; hope you all have a wonderful week, coming up ... Rosebud
Closed Thread