Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #1  

Default Novembah - second half

What's up people??? I've been checking and checking and the new thread wasn't up..... were you all around when the site was down???

Come on out and play!

I did do my 1 hour biking to work today, but I whimped out on power class. Too tired. There was a storm going home, and I had a lot of groceries as well, and I've been working a lot this weekend and have a crazy week ahead...at least I did do my hoour of the day.

How are you all doing?

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
Old 11-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #2  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I'm here but just about to turn out the light! I'll see you in the morning.

Sweet dreams, all!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

November 16, 2009

Going super light now because of the baby... oh well! Still getting a decent workout in!

Lower Body
Squat: 65lbs x 8 x 8 x8
Good Mornings: 45lbs x 8 x 8 x 8
Calf Raises: bodyweight x 10 x 10 x 10
Lunges: bodyweight x 10 x 10 x 10
Deadlifts: 135lbs x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1
Old 11-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #4  
Working My Way Back Down

I'm here now as well! I had a meeting at work first thing, and then at noon a funeral to go to (the husband of a friend) which was at a Catholic church, with a full mass and then a reception, about 2.5 hours in all.

We had a good weekend, including both a lifting and cardio session on Sat. I'll be doing a full-body workout after work tonight. SB - in answer to your question on another thread, yes, still in the PN program, but it ends on 11/30 I've really enjoyed it and am much stronger, even though I didn't lose a lot of weight. I've decided to go on when it picks up again in January. I guess even fitness gurus celebrate holidays.

It was -20F (-29C) at our house this morning. That's much too cold for November! It's a gorgeous sunny day though - as long as you're inside looking out.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #5  
Mel

I'm here now. Thanks, rabbit. I was so frustrated when the site was down every time I tried to log in. Then I just got too busy.

Today's CF workout was BRUTAL.

3 sets X 5 sumo deadlifts. I ended at 215 pounds I'll be hurtin tomorrow!

Then row 1 minute, rest 30 seconds, repeat for 5 rounds.
Kettle bell high pulls (35 pd) for 1 minute, rest 30 seconds, repeat for 5 rounds.
Same pattern for sit ups.

This one looked easy but I was exhausted at the end. My feet cramp when I've donw a brutal workout, and I could hardly drive home

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #6  

Hi all,

Glad to see you're still all there & doing well. I'm in for a normal busy day...bike to work etc. I might experiment with my giant erector set aka bunch of galvanised iron this evening, but I'll probabely be too tired. I ordered Rachel cosgrove's book as my holiday present, and I found an interesting workout article on stumptuous yesterday evening...now might be a good idea to get a new WO plan togeether.

Pat, Birch, Mel & Sacha

Cheryl: Are you lurking? Is the free week over yet?

Lydia: re you still breathing between DS1, DS2 and studying?

Have a grreat day all,
Rabbit
Old 11-17-2009, 01:49 AM   #7  
in development

Morning!

Rabbit, you are early today. Good to see everyone. But where is Cheryl?

Gymn today. I'll do weights but not too much. Then I'll build up slowly. This is the best way for me. When I start back after more tha a week off my neck & head hurt so much if I do too much. My neck is a trigger point anyway but maybe my form is slightly off. I do check & double check. The good trainers are never there when you need them!
Old 11-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #8  

Pat - I only now saw the C temperature in your mail. YIKES!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #9  
Working My Way Back Down

Still cold, still another meeting this morning, still working out after work - swimming today. All I want to be doing is staying home baking (bad idea) or curled up with a book.... Weather is not supposed to warm up til the weekend.

to everyone.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #10  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey all, !

I'm here, but haven't made it back to the gym yet. Almost made it this morning, but got delayed by a loose dog (my big dog somehow got off his chain, and decided to jump the fence and go visiting...that's why he's chained, even though the yard is fenced 6 ft high all around). By the time I got done with the doggy adventures, got cleaned up and ready to go, it was too late to get to the gym in time to do a workout (they close at 10am), so I just changed into work clothes and will try again tomorrow.

My friend from the gym called to check on me, so I got the scoop from her on what I missed. Might do the little metcon from Monday this evening when I get home, just jumprope and push jerks, which sounds like fun.

to all, since I've got to run out the door to get to work.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #11  
Mel

Quote:
just jump rope and push jerks, which sounds like fun

gaaaaagh! Nope, doesn't sound like fun to me! Anything with a jump rope is torture!

My abs are sore, sore, sore from yesterday. Today's fun was:
5 sprawl burpees
10 push jerks (65pds rx'd for women)
15 box jumps.
AMRAP for 20 minutes. I'm a slow jumper, because I step down rather than jumping down.

I've discovered one of the great things about doing a wild workout after work is that 1) my dh get dinner ready and 2) I'm too tired to want to eat! So during the week, my food is really spot on.

Mel
Old 11-18-2009, 12:54 AM   #12  

Hi all,

Mel - WO looks brutal...especially after work! The dinner arrangement
(not having to cook) sounds fine tough.

Pat - are you thawed out yet?

Biked to work yesterday & was too tired to do anything afterward. The dark days really really sap my energy...or maybve its all the work ... or maybe the holiday stress. I;m in the same old situation again that XH & NL want to do "fun family things" with DD and DS and that really gets me irritated. I'm jealous of course, cause they live with me and I'm normally too stressed & too tired (and they are normally also busy with their own social lives) for fun family things. But I also very much resent the happy family charade of XH and NL showing of great kids. Oh well, better get over this since it won't change. I'd better be planning something fun for me myself in the winter holiday.

WO today is biking to work again. I've a very full week this week with work on every day.

to all of you
What are your plans for the day?

Rabbit
Old 11-18-2009, 01:53 AM   #13  
in development

Good morning!

Weight up today as I've had two bad days corresponding to two days back in my normal life after the virus. And I'm still a bit too tired for the merrygoround. Got more sleep in last night, though. Did not overdo it with weights yesterdfay so I don't have an impossibly painful neck and head. Well done. Cardio today.

Rabbit

Cheryl - good to see you.

Mel Pat all!

Suppose I'd better get up now.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Morning ladies, looks like everyone's had some obstacles to the gym lately!

Today was upper body.

2008-11-18
Incline bench: 50lbs x 3 x 6
Dumbbell flyes: 30lbs x 3 x 6
Lat pulls: 8 x 3 x tight black band
Seated row: 8 x 3 x tight black band
Bicep curl: 30lbs x 3 x 6
Tricep dips: 10 x 3

Not sure about this whole lighter weight thing but I'll have to do it anyways as I'm not supposed to lift "too heavy" when pregnant. Not sure what that means really, as many sources say to lift 40% lighter but that silly What to Expect book says no more than 12lbs I don't think that book is meant for women already into fitness... 12lbs would be 100 reps for me.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #15  
Mel

Sacha- Isn't it frustrating what the books say? I was playing racket ball up to month 9 with my first, and only stopped because other people refused to play me! "heavy" is so relative. But I suspect you are soon going to find cleans impossible!

I'm exhausted and not recovering well. I've had horrendously painful foot and toe cramps after each CF workout for the last week. Tonight was the most painful episode. Luckily for me, one of my CF buddies is a physiotherapist and she went to work on me! Ah bliss to be pain free. But I may rest tomorrow.

Tonight's CF WOD:
15 hang clean squats
30 push ups

5 rounds for time.

I wasn't sweating, I was raining!

Mel
Closed Thread