Support Groups - Herbal Magic #3

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Herbal Magic #3

2 dogs 1 lady
03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Ok, so this is the 3rd official thread for HM. At 500 posts they close the thread so we are just a bit ahead (10) with this one.
THE 1 WEEK CHALLENGE
PUSH hard to follow your HM plan all week. That is as simple as it is...post your results on Saturday too. It doesn't matter if we lost the most or the least or inches..as long as we "stick to it"!

EVERY NIGHT YOU POST HERE HOW YOU DID....if you feel yourself lagging, ask for help!

tips..prepack your lunches the night before....write down on a pc of paper what you will eat the night before for the next day so you can follow it without thinking an getting frusterated!:carrot:

2 dogs 1 lady
03-23-2009, 06:30 PM
So we have started the 1 week Challenge!
How is everyone doing? If my roomie doesn't stop offering me home made cookies I am going to go and hide in my bedroom! hahah.
So far today, It has been a good day with NO cheats! I am working on finishing up my water now...

UglyFatFriend
03-23-2009, 06:43 PM
So far so good, Done 6 of my 8 glasses of water. Ate on plan .. going grocery shopping right after my weigh in. Made a list so i dont stray :) Aside from that all's well.

2 dogs 1 lady
03-23-2009, 07:18 PM
good job girlie!!!!
how was your w.i?

MicheleR
03-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Glad to see you've both stuck to the plan so far!! It's always easier to feel good about yourself when you stick to the plan.

I'm just about to make supper (fish, sweet potatoes and some peas). I've finished off everything else for today except for my FE... I like to leave it for last!

I've gotten in the habit of drinking all of my water on my commute to and from work (1 bottle each way) and the rest during the school day. That way I get to have my coke 0 with supper!

I'm hoping that my sticking to the plan this week leads to more than one pound. Last wi they told me that my journal looked good and my body must just need more time to allow the supplements to kick in... here's hoping! Don't think I have the willpower to stick to this program with no cheats and lose less than 1 lb per week...

Good luck (or good planning?!) to everyone tomorrow!

MicheleR
03-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Haha Lady, roomie issues are a shame! I've watched my hubby go to the cupboard in search of snacks at least twice now. Even the Triscuits he had looked tempting, and I don't normally even like them!

mememegogirl
03-23-2009, 10:17 PM
It sounds like you are all pretty on track. I am not. I have been so busy lately that I haven't been able to get in all of my food. Tomorrow is a new day and with not much going on a little pre-planning should help me out.

I guess my situation is better than overindulging non?

Does anyone else have a Timmie's weakness? *sigh*

UglyFatFriend
03-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Hey Lady, my W.I was less than good lol. I was up, 1.8lbs i think?? They looked over my journal and said that it was most likely due to the fact i had a very big drop friday (1.8) and that i had veggie pepperoni over the weekend. Its pretty high in sodium so she figured it was due to those things together. Im still way above the plan as far as total lbs lost so thats still good.

I find myself sneaking in little things here and there and im STOPPING that now lol because at the time yes an extra half oz of cheese doesnt seem detramental but all those little extras will eventually compile into me thinking "oh its just one whole pizza, no biggie" lol which is the same mentality that got me to the weight i was 3 months ago, and i will NOT go back!!!

I also find myself, mostly on weekends, saying well if i have this popcorn tonite, i will just cut out my starch(s) tomorrow?? Like exchanging things almost, and i know thats a total no no!! I have been on HM for 4 months at the end of march and this has just started recently, i think its just a focus issue for me. I didnt cheat yesterday at all so im aiming for another solid 3.5 months on plan now ha ha. The ONE thing i tend to sneak in all the time is coffee. Which is fine but i use a bit of fat free french vanilla coffee cream in it...which is probably NOT ok but i figure one little bit a day cant be too bad???

...see there i go again with my 'little cheats' ha ha damn it!!

bride2b
03-24-2009, 12:28 PM
im having that same problem! iv been on program since november and now i just feel like im slowly starting to slip, like an extra glass of wine one night, an extra FE another, all small but i think they are adding up, the worst is going out for dinner and all the salt they use but ive started a new job and am commuting alot and therfore am eating on the run a little bit wich is hard to learn what to eat since iv been home for the most part since i started this plan, bu im learning, any tips?
as for the challenge, im already out i had ice cream yesterday lol and that is definatly not herbal magic approved lol.. but it was homemade and oh so delicious lol, but im not gunna let that stop me and im going to carry on the rest of the week as good as i can! im going to go grocery shopping this afternoon and pick up lotsa veggies pre cut them so i have easy snacks for work..and i wanna make this cheesecake recipe that was posted yesterday at my weigh in lol..ill let ya know how that goes!! xx

MicheleR
03-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Good job on making the realization that the little cheats add up and on resolving to change!

Meme: I am also a big fan of Timmies, but fortunately I don't have one where I live. When I go into the city for my weigh ins I usually have a large one for the way home (with 2 milk and 2 sweetener). At HM they said it was fine as long as I take my dairy into account. (I count it as half - but not really sure?!)

Really wishing the center was in my town, that way I might get there more than once a week and would have a better idea of how I'm doing!

mememegogirl
03-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Darn those little cheats! We all have done it.

Michele, I live out of town too. Plus I am at home with a back injury. So once a week is the best I can do. I call in if I am really having a hard time. The staff at my centre said that they do ALOT of phone counselling. When you are in a pinch give them a ring. They don't mind at all!

So I am having a lack of appetite problem. It is really making it difficult to get all of my food in. Is this related to the supplements I am on or am I just bummed out? I don't know...

Bride2b: Preplanning your meals is the key. When I was on program and going to work I had to make my brekkie, lunch, and snacks on the go. IF that doesn't appeal you can ask your centre for their eating out guide. You can have Subway and a lot of other foods on the go. But your best bet... especially for avoiding sodium is your own pre-prepared food. Hard boiled eggs are an easy on the go food for me.

MicheleR
03-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Mmmm Cheesecake! I bought some of the thinsations cheesecake bars for my FE and had one last night... Not quite as good as I was expecting, but still good!

MicheleR
03-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Meme: Once I get into it more that may be easier! For some reason I still feel awkward when they phone and when I go in for wi. Maybe after another week or two I'll get over it!

Just finishing up a prescription of Amoxicillin... has anyone noticed a change in weight gain/loss when on meds? I'm also hoping that the sinus infection I had is the reason for being so drained... not the eating plan or supplements? How did you guys find the first while on the plan energy-wise??

doughgirl192
03-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Well my plan was to drive into the city to get weighed today.........didn't happen! :(
We had freezing rain over night and now its like a skating rink here!

I really need to get their as I'll need my detox, Energin and B6/12.
I live about 1.5 hours away from the city so I'm not as fortunate as most to get to HM weekly! :(
So I been weighing myself on my scale!

I'm going to try going by this for the week:

Breakfast: 1 starch
1 protein
1/2 dairy
1 fruit

am snack 1 fruit

Lunch 1 starch
1 protein
1/2 dairy
1 fruit

aft snack 1 cup RAW veggies (peppers are vg!) I prefer green beans

Supper 1 protein
3 veggies

Snack FREE EXCHANGE

For instance this is what I ate yesturday:

Breakfast:
1/2 cup cereal
1/2 cup milk
1 orange

Lunch:
1 cup rice
1/2 cup lean hamburger
taco seasoning
(this was left over from a previous night of stuffed red pepper)

Supper:
2 smokies
2 buns
little mustard

Free Exchange:
mini bag of popcorn (100cal)

I know.........bad me........where are the veggies!
OOPS :( my bad!

So I'm going to use that as my challenge this week......EAT VEGGIES :)

Anyways........hope you're all doing good!

thanks for the ideas and support girls :)

mememegogirl
03-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Doughgirl: If you keep some baby carrots on hand, some pre-made salads, sliced cucumbers and add fresh diced tomatoes (or canned tomatoes) to meat or eggs it becomes quite easy to sneak in the veggies (says the woman who isn't getting in her food allowances lately LOL) :devil:

A favorite easy meal of mine is an egg white omelette with sauteed mushrooms, fresh spinach, and diced tomatoes. You can have your dairy (cheese) sprinkled on top. Or for something more delectable ... make your cheese feta and mix it in with the rest. (Be careful... high sodium)... You can eat this and feel very full and know that you got some veggies in.

mememegogirl
03-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Some meds do contribute to water retention ie. Tylenol and some other pain meds. But that is minimal and easily counteracted with increased fluids... which you should be doing when you have an infection anyway. Overall though if you tell the staff at your centre about what you are one they would know best as far as what might affect your scale numbers.

Also, if you are lagging in energy you can try a multivitamin. Your centre will sell one but you can find one that you like at any grocery or drug store. Also, you can try picking more nutrient rich foods such as sliced almonds as your fat exchange. Any fruit or veggie that is a more vibrant color ie. butternut squash, yams/sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, peaches, berries, etc... as opposed to salads (apart from spinach which is very good for you), apples and bananas. Be adventuresome! There are some delicious foods out there that are super for our bodies and taste good too!

I am overly verbose today ... sorry LOL

MicheleR
03-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Haha I tend to have pretty bad verbal diarrhea all the time. Must be from teaching... if I'm not talking I sometimes feel that they aren't learning as much

Weather bad here too... got sent home early from school! :)

doughgirl192
03-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Schools were cancelled here today :?
I had a day off today.......but lol how is it a day off when the hubby and kids don't have to work or go to school?
Not fair!

Breakfast today was:
2 eggs
1/4 onion
1sice ham
1 toast
1/2 cup milk

snack was strawberries

Not sure whats for supper yet.

2 dogs 1 lady
03-24-2009, 06:12 PM
dough, what are "smokies"?

Michele, yes those can have a huge effect regarding gaining weight...dont worry, keep working on the program..when you are done them it will show! Hope you are felling better too!

Meme how are you doing with the nibbly food we recommended the other day> Is it helping any? How is the back?

UFF, you know, I fully get what myou are going through..you know how I am staying away from that this week? THIS CHALLENGE! Literally you guys!!! i wanted some of the home made cookies a lady at work sells soooooooooo bad..but then i thought..i would have to tell you guys I flubbed the challenge I suggested!!!!!!

THANK YOU for being MY inspiration!

UglyFatFriend
03-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Lady: ha ha too funny, This challenge helps too, i have found other excersise challenges on this forum too and they help with the motivation of going to the gym.

OOOOH and I got my income tax refund today, and bought a year long membership to the gym, man thats a comittment. Going to try and go tomorrow morning before work, we will see ha ha

mememegogirl
03-24-2009, 10:12 PM
It has been a rough day emotionally but I have managed to make it thru without overindulging in any foods that weren't on my menu for the day. Yay me.

2dogs lady: I have no appetite so I don't need snacky food on hand. That did tie me over for a time but now I am on to other hurdles. My back is still injured and I am unable to do much other than lay on my couch all day everyday. It sucks but I am super proud of myself for at least sticking to my eating plan and am losing weight in spite of being inactive. Thanks for asking.

My hubby has a costco size bag of chocolate covered almonds here. I love chocolate. But I won't eat even one. NOT ONE! :)

2 dogs 1 lady
03-25-2009, 07:29 AM
think of those almonds as sour and bad!!! with a horrid aftertaste...then dont think of them anymore!

I am heading in for my w.i this am and my scale has really been relfecting the difference in what I have been doing to what I wasnt doing *cough cough*. haha

So lets hope the measurements etc work for me!

UglyFatFriend
03-25-2009, 09:38 AM
I have my wi and mesurements today after work! Im always nervous for them lately is seems i will go down then right up the next time, i seem to be fluctuating between 47 and 45 lbs lost, i just want to hit that damn 50 lol.

2 dogs 1 lady
03-25-2009, 12:04 PM
YOU CAN DO IT UFF!! and when you do,,,,lets make a new name for you!

My w.i was good! I lost about 4" in total and........I have to change me weight ticker...and getting ready to add another willpower thingy~!!

Once again you guys and the challenge saved me from going and getting a treat...I had to do some running around after ther w.i and I thought "oh this will taste good" BAM the challenge hit me..and if i give in once, then I KNOW I will give in to more challenges without it bugging me....

MicheleR
03-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Good job on the loss of inches Lady!

I've behaved myself this week in hopes that I can have a great wi Saturday. Last time it was only 1 pound but 2.5 inches. I'd really like to see it on the scale too though. Not really seeing it on my one at home yet...

UFF: Almost 50 pounds!! WOW! Sooo close! Have a good wi! Income tax refund?! What is that!! I'd like to get one instead of having to pay!! Good way to put the money to use!

2 dogs 1 lady
03-25-2009, 12:44 PM
so..lets make this interesting..go and find something that weighs 1lb...then 5lbs..then 10kbs..walk around the house for 5 or 10 minutes holding it...then realize how heavy a single pound actually is!!!!

I am going to look for something and weight it now *grin*

2 dogs 1 lady
03-25-2009, 01:01 PM
What's for lunch?
I am going to have a salad mixed with some lean ground hamburger (with musrooms & onions) and a bit of salsa...like a taco salad.
add some legal spices and off and running! i also have my dairy saved so i will use some of it as cheese for my topping! YUM!!!!

also I am making enough to save for other meals....so it would make a nice sloppy joe etc later!

MicheleR
03-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Hello!

Lunch for me was a sandwich loaded with meat and lettuce, just shy of a serving of celery (to account for the lettuce), an orange, and a small yogurt (1/2 Dairy).

Breakfast was two scrambled eggs and a serving of cheerios. And I had a mid-morning carrot snack!

So far that's:

2 pro
2 veg
2 starch
1 fruit
1/2 dairy

I'll probably also eat my fresh strawberry snack on the drive home!! Yummy!

Before supper I'll half a fruit shake (1/2 dairy, 1 fruit)

Supper is looking like sweet potato, peas, fish

Then for my favourite.... Free Exchange!!

Guess I also gotta get my fats in there since I cooked everything with Pam, which doesn't count as one!!

Look out Peanut Butter and sunflower seeds... here I come!!

Hope everyone is having an awesome day! It;'s "Nerd Day" at school today... felt like people were staring at me on my drive, probably thought I was weird! :dizzy:

2 dogs 1 lady
03-25-2009, 07:11 PM
i found this interersting..

Questions and answers
Are all breakfasts created equal?

Dr. Sanjay Gupta, chief medical correspondent: No, all breakfasts are definitely not created equal. We talked to an expert at the American Dietetic Association to help us "grade" a few popular breakfast options. Let's start at the bottom with a breakfast that would get a "C" average grade: Fast food breakfast sandwich, pastry or sugary cereal.

These foods get a "C" for a number of reasons. The types of fat in these foods are the bad fats, and it certainly is not balanced. These foods are going to be high in sugar and carbohydrates and low in fiber and protein, which are essential for a balanced breakfast.

Let's flip to the foods that get a "B" average grade: bagel, breakfast bar, breakfast shake or pancakes with syrup.

These foods are a good start but aren't quite there. Take, for example, the breakfast shake: Many people blend up some milk and fruit. Although it's healthy for you, to make it a complete meal, you should add a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread.

OK, now for the winner, the "A+" breakfast: oatmeal with skim milk, a half-ounce nuts, berries and orange juice.

This is the ultimate breakfast because you've got a whole grain in the oatmeal, a protein in the skim milk, heart-healthy fats in your nuts, and the berries are a great source of antioxidants. You can wash the meal down with a nice glass of orange juice, which is loaded with vitamin C and potassium. Remember that you should be consuming a significant amount of calories at breakfast -- around 500, depending on the person. Eating a hearty breakfast will keep you full for several hours and prevent you from snacking at that morning meeting. And important to remember: If you wake up and are not hungry in the morning, it is a big indicator that you are overeating at night

mememegogirl
03-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the food writeup lady. That is good stuff. I have found that one of my favorite brekkies is the following:

1/4 c rolled oats sprinkled with flax seed and wheat germ
1 yogurt cup
1 c berries with a tsp of splenda
3 - 6 unsalted almonds (sliced)
Mix it all together and YUM!

So that is what I shall endeavor to have today.

Yesterday was a rough one for eating. We had no electricity so virtually all of my usual choices were unavailable... not to mention we had no heat either... :P Finally we ended up going out and the closest and easiest was Applebees. Talk about a nightmare for choosing food that we can actually have on plan! I ended up eating off program.. not brutally but enough that I feel gross today. UGH! It was that darn spinach and artichoke dip! But when it is 8 PM at night and you are only sitting down to eat and you are starved it is reallly really hard to stay on track. So I guess it isn't the end of the world that I had like 6 tortilla chips and about 2 Tbsp of the dip... but it isn't the best either. I am kind of mad about it. And then the dinner ... a chicken breast had sauce I had to scrape off and everything else on my plate was a no-no. UGH!

I am glad some of the rest of you did better than I did. I will do my darndest to be 100% disciplined today. I like the way that feels. Knowing that every bite I put into my mouth is exactly what my body needs and will bring me that much closer to achieving my goal. Thanks for the inspiration ladies!
:hug:

mememegogirl
03-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Look who finally got a ticker! WHOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :)

UglyFatFriend
03-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Ok So first the good news lol, WI went well, i was down to 281.0 so a total of 47.6! Hoping to break the 280's by friday, and to be down 50lbs total by Monday..i figure its a fairly attainable goal. Also i managed to get myself to the gym yesterday morning at 5:30 before work, and I went after work at 4:30, AND got myself there again this morning before work!! Going with my friend today after work for our usual 3 hour running of the stairs 'death' race lol.

Bad news....It was our season wind up for curling last nite which means steak night. Granted steak is allowed on the plan, im pretty sure the half plate size steak with fried onions and mushrooms werent....eEK, also the small baked potato i had was also on plan, however the sour cream...not so much :) And i had some ceaser salad and garlic toast...GAH! So there blows my challenge for the week ha ha.

mememegogirl
03-26-2009, 11:32 AM
How about those of us who are 'out' of the challenge still challenge ourselves to be 100% on track from today forward? It is still possible and we can still see results. A slip up does not mean that our week is blown right?

BTW ...UFF... that 50lbs will be off in a heartbeat! Keep up the good work!

bride2b
03-26-2009, 05:26 PM
yesterday i packed all my food had everything ready for the whole day, went to work had lunch and dinner in between clients, but by the time i got home at 9pm i was starving, and caved and shared cookie dough and cresent rolls with my fiance, i swear he is keeping my chubby lol. anyways we decided last night that i just dont have strong will power wen food llike that is in the house so we agreed that if he wants to put junk in his body he has to eat it in the car or at work lol. today..so far so good!! hopefully reading this now keeps me on track tonight!

also i made the herbal magic baked cheesecake and its not so good in my opinion, it uses eggs sweetner and cottage cheese, and cinnamon, and i normally like cottage cheese however this was not the best lol. but im eating it so i dont waste groceries/$ lol i have it for desssert with my FE 100 calorie Fat free icecream and fresh strawberries to mask the taste lol. lemme kno if you guys want the recipe and ill post it!! its 1 protien, and 1/2 dairy

mememegogirl
03-26-2009, 06:25 PM
I made the cheesecake too and I thought it was yucky. I think that if you reallly want cheesecake that you can get those individual jello pudding cheesecake cups in the dairy section that aren't huge in calories. Run it by your centre and figure out with them what food groups it covers.

I totally relate with you about how difficult it can be when there is 'crap' in the house. I have willpower most of the time but when I am having a rough day I can't help but think about my husband's junk food stash. He is the opposite of me... he is underweight.

It is hard after a long day when you come home tired to stay on track. Good for you and your fiance for your new plan to help you deal with things. I think that planning ahead for those occassions helps alot too. Having hard boiled eggs on hand makes a quick meal in a pinch.

UglyFatFriend
03-26-2009, 09:18 PM
So i just wanted to vent...I am currently looking for a house to buy, the market around here is crazy, pretty pricey for total run down shacks. My highest limit is about 140K being a single girl and all i dont have a mans second income ha ha :) So i have been looking (granted only a few weeks) and there turns out to be one JUST listed no for sale sign or anything, super structuraly sound and well maintained clean, totally 70's orange and gold on the inside but it was so far below my budget at 112K that i would have been able to do a lot of nice work......i was a few minutes too late and they accepted another offer :( so i am crossing my fingers that it falls through, but its not looking very hopeful, it was i am sure just the first of many disappointments in the house buying process!

2 dogs 1 lady
03-27-2009, 05:20 AM
regarding the house..look on kijiji as well as the free listings...MLS has some but many are trying to sell without the agents fees. Do not rush into it either!!

This has been a pretty good week for me and I am proud..I didn't have any extra sweets (my down fall)...I hardly even had an diet cola!! I go for a weigh in after work tonight...which I hate the after work ones.

have you guys tried their peanut crunch replacement bars? they count as 1p 1f 1 s....but many they are soooooooooooooo good!

MicheleR
03-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Hello! House hunting... yuck. I'm in the same boat as you but have quit looking for a bit, everything is just so overpriced! Currently renting a little house which is nice enough but the walls seem to be closing in on my husband and I! I think we'll start seriously looking in another 6 months-year and keep our fingers crossed that prices drop in the meantime!

Good work on the exercise and stair running! I have to get more exercise in.. . especially since the eating plan doesn't seem to be doing it for me.

Go for a weigh in either tonight or tomorrow and hope that I am not disappointed, although my home scale isn't showing a whole lot of change. Not sure why my body is so stubborn. I'm following the program and eating all of the food (even though it's a lot for me) and am not noticing any changes except way too many trips to the washroom (which you would think would cause me to drop a bit of weight?!)

I really hope to lose some weight or my motivation level will surely drop... I don't know what to change to make this happen. My only cheats are gum (sugar free) and my coke zero (which is allowed... I usually have 1-2 cans a days). I'm getting in all of my water, which surprises me because I HATE water... I just don't know. Any suggestions?

mememegogirl
03-27-2009, 12:50 PM
I just got back from weigh in. I am down 2 so that is ok. But the big shocker was my measurements. I am down 19.6 inches! HOLY COW! So that feels pretty good.

Michele, have you noticed a change in inches? UFF too... you are both incorporating exercise which means lbs don't drop as fast but inches do ... and the end result is a toned bod. I hope Michele that you are pleasantly surprised at your weigh in. But we all understand about motivation dropping when we don't see the results as quickly as we might like.

Lady: You should be proud! Thanks for leading us in a one week challenge!
Oh yes... UFF... I understand the house hunt frustration. It might sound trite but the right place will make itself available at the right time for the right price. When you walk in the front door you will know that you are home. Good luck! :)

UglyFatFriend
03-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Ladies: Thanks for listening to the house rant ha ha. I am very sure that the right place will present itself. I have an awesome agent who is really more like family and he is on the hunt so i am hoping i will get some houses before they are even listed, gives me better odds!

mememe: I have dropped 47.6lbs and about 36 inches. I have never had a HUGE drop at one time like you did! I was told on wed at WI that i have lost 4.5 inches off my hips alone though, and that was pretty impressive! That was the area I felt it was coming off the least!! I haven't been as hard core with the excersise until the last week. Before it was once a week going REALLY hard, and then maybe one or two times walking for half an hour. I didnt feel a real need to go much harder as i was still losing at an impressive rate. Now i have slowed a bit and wanted to kick it up a few notches, atleast to hit the illusive 50 lbs :) I have noticed that for most people the inches seem to mirror the pounds!

mememegogirl
03-27-2009, 03:28 PM
I should correct that my inch loss was since the beginning of January. They don't do my measurements often at all.

UglyFatFriend
03-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Ooh ok, i thought you dropped it in a week! They do mine every wednesday. Im usually down about 3 inches a week or so. One week I stayed the dame but i blame it on a thick sweater lol!

MicheleR
03-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Good job on the loss of inches ladies!!

Went for wi today, down 3.5 pounds and 3 inches. Haven't noticed a change in clothes yet, but it was good to see the change on the scale!

Hope you all have a great weekend! I just started spring break so I'm super pumped!!

2 dogs 1 lady
03-30-2009, 05:27 AM
michele that is double awesome girl!!!

lets make this week a good one HM girls!!

Chantal0123
03-31-2009, 09:41 AM
Hi there everyone!

I joined HM yesterday after a good 4 days of research on the web (this is how I found YOU!).

Yes it is expensive...but what really is expensive is the supplements.
It cost me $859 to join with taxes... (3 months free promo).
It's about $16.50/wk...and Weight Watchers is about $14/mth.

I figured that I could go to HM everyday (6x/wk)...and WW is only once and not personnalized.

I got them to actually tell me that yes, if I decided that I didn't want the pills anymore, I'd still be able to go to the center. My biggest fear was that if I didn't like taking those pills, that I would lose my initial investment.
Of course...I do understand that that's where they make their big money...with the purchase of supplements.

Anyhow, I'll try them for a while and see how it feels.
I feel a bit drowsy right now...but my system needs to adjust to something new...so it'll take a few days, I'm sure!

Here are my stats:

Height: 5'8
Starting Weight: 251
Goal: 180

71 pounds to lose... It feels good to actually start! Here we go! :carrot:

Chantal0123
03-31-2009, 10:34 AM
I started my pills this am... (Chromium & W2000)... Is it normal that I feel weird...kind of dizzy?
I didn't need to modify my breakfast at all...so I know it's not that I'm not eating enough...just wondering.

Chantal0123
03-31-2009, 12:39 PM
Any good links for recipes??

MicheleR
03-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Hi Chantal! Welcome to the group! I'm also fairly new so I can't tell you a whole lot about the program except that planning is definitely the key and I survive mostly on leftovers so that I can limit my cooking (no time or patience... really not my forte)

As far as recipes... you probably have the first recipe book to get you started. There are also a few additional recipes on the HM website. I'm not really creative and don't mind being repetitive in my eating (for a while anyways) so I haven't done a whole lot of research into extra recipes yet.

No major problems witht the pills for me... just seem to be in a funk since I started the program. No major increase in energy and my mood has been in the gutter (not sure if this is due to the pills or the lack of eating whatever I want whenever I want... which I will have to get over:) )

Hope your first few days on the program are good! You'll have to keep us updated with your progress along the way!

Chantal0123
03-31-2009, 01:53 PM
About those supplements... I saw (on the Herbal Magic #2) that 2 dog was telling someone else about the GNC...how you can get the same supplements we take at Herbal Magic at a lesser cost...

Is that what some of you are doing???

Chantal0123
03-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks Michele! Can't wait to get a ticker too...how stupid is it that you need to wait 20 days...when that's when you need the motivation!
Ah well...

I'll surely post everyday or so! I was hoping it was busier.

MicheleR
03-31-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm on the HM supplements although I have been looking around for replacements for the protein bars. Found one that is almost a perfect match at Zellers - Slim down... more of a granola bar than a choc. bar. Didn't like the texture or cost of the ones there. I was told to bring it in so they can compare them. Very interested to see what they say.

Have heard about using other supplements but not how my clinic feels about it and if it would change the 2 pounds a week projection they gave to me.

2 dogs 1 lady
03-31-2009, 04:28 PM
hi all! you NEED to try the peanut butter replacement bars. OH MY WORD they are freaking awesome!

Yes it is not uncommon for you to feel a bit dizzy or icky..your body is detoxing! it should be ok!

I had me w.i yesterdat. UP 1 LB!!!! I was wearing jeans and had a non legal dinner sunday so....but everything is under control!

CLA is what I have been taking as well..

2 dogs 1 lady
03-31-2009, 05:45 PM
recipes.
http://www.herbalmagic.ca/community/recipes.asp

Chantal0123
04-01-2009, 09:06 AM
I talked to my councellor last night and I asked her about CLA's...she said that if she was me, she would wait. She said people jump on it too quickly.
She says I would lose inches mostly around the belly...but for me, it's hips & thighs. Anyhow, not saying I won't try it, but I'll probably get the one from a pharmacy to save a few bucks.

Chantal0123
04-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Exercise question:

I used to follow a program called Mincavi.
Since I would workout 4x per week, I had more food.
With Herbal Magic, no matter what you do or don't do...you get the same food...correct?
I'm feeling a bit iffy of doing too many exercises...and then getting so hungry that I'd want to die!

Any advice?

Chantal0123
04-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Questions:

Here are some of my questions.

- Cooking: can we use Corn Starch, Flour, Baking Power, Baking Soda, Cocoa?

- In the book it states "Hamburger Buns - low cal"... so if I would take the Weight Watchers ones... do I eat just one of the 2 buns or are we allowed both buns for 1 starch?

-Bagel Mini - are those the ones from Weight Watchers or the really really mini ones? Cause the calories from a WW bagel is the almost the same a regular piece of bread...

-Cheese - are we allowed any Ricotta/Feta cheese?

-Egg - can I put hard boiled eggs in vinegar?

-Chili Sauce - can we use this?

Thanks!!!

Chantal0123
04-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Someone in an earlier post was talking about Skinny Cow and how she wasn't sure if we could eat them... My councellor said yes last night.

Just thought I'd share.

Chantal0123
04-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Could it be that I saw a bottle of Chromium for $9.99 instead of the thirty something we pay?!?! Same amount of mg in them too.

MicheleR
04-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Hello!

Lady: Shame about the small addition to the scale, but at least you know why it's there and you aren't letting it get you down!

Chantal: They started me on CLA with the WM and the Chrom and didn't say anything about the weight only coming off my waist. So far, the most inches have come off my thighs...

As for exercise... mostly I just don't have a lot of time but I feel that it's a lot of food to go through in a day so I can probably afford to burn some of the calories off! I'd say try it out one day and see how it goes, but be sure to save some of your food allowances in case you crash afterwards.

As for food, I just make notes in the back of my diary and ask the HM staff the next time I'm in. When I have a hamburger bun I choose the WW one and eat both sides.

Small accidental cheat: Was going fo a taco idea and made hamburger with small pieces of tomato and green onion. Wanted to give it a bit of kick so used some chili powder, then consulted the list. Not there... oops!

Chantal0123
04-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Michele: Thanks for the info!!! I have so MANY questions! That's why they'll see me OFTEN this week :D

And yes, that chili powder isn't on there... I have a Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle (i tried posting their link but I can't... do a search on google I guess)

A good alternative as Mrs Dash products are ok (No salt).
You should check it out.

And I forget to tell you guys that I lost 1.4 pounds yesterday...in one DAY!!
I know it's water...but still...feels good.

Chantal

mememegogirl
04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
It is darn hard to stay on program when you are travelling! I have never eaten so many salads in such a short period of time!

Welcome Chantal! I hope that you are able to have all of your many questions answered. Congrats on your loss!

Michele, keep us posted on your successfully shopping for non-herbal magic items that fit the bill for our programs! Let us know the scoop when your centre looks them over. I am finding more and more that the girls who work at my centre are simply girls who have done or are on program and work there too. They don't mind when you look elsewhere for supplements as long as you keep on getting the basics from them ie. chroms, and WMs

RE: CLAs... I don't know much except that I lost 4 inches from my mid section in just a couple of weeks of starting CLAs! THat is just crazy! I would LOVE to lose that off my thighs and hips :(

2dogs lady... I love your enthusiasm for peanut butter bars... and in general :)

2 dogs 1 lady
04-01-2009, 05:41 PM
now I had the hardest time finding this thread! I had to go through search because my link wouldnt open it!! GRRRR

anyways..did you know toxins slow metabolism...and toxins are stored in our fat ...which melts as we lose it, so ...drink your water and get rid of those toxins!!!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-01-2009, 05:41 PM
thanks Meme...I admit..right now I am struggling a bit.. I need a kick in the azz this week....*sigh*

2 dogs 1 lady
04-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Chantal..
Cooking: can we use Corn Starch, Flour, Baking Power, Baking Soda, Cocoa? Stay away from most of those starch products... Cocoa now..corn starch, doubtful as well. Your centre can tell you..if it isnt in your book you most likely shouldnt be having it..
- In the book it states "Hamburger Buns - low cal"... so if I would take the Weight Watchers ones... do I eat just one of the 2 buns or are we allowed both buns for 1 starch? I think one bun set =1 starch

-Bagel Mini - are those the ones from Weight Watchers or the really really mini ones? Cause the calories from a WW bagel is the almost the same a regular piece of bread... Bagels are a bad way to use your starch...go with english muffins instead
-Cheese - are we allowed any Ricotta/Feta cheese? NOPE.. too fattening-Egg - can I put hard boiled eggs in vinegar? Nope..vinegar is a no-no

-Chili Sauce - can we use this? NOPE...too much sugar *use cayenne and peppers instead)
Thanks!!!

MicheleR
04-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Good job on the one day weight loss Chantal! That beat my loss for the first whole week!

Lady: I know all about the issues with eating out... for that very reason I decided to stay home from the city yesterday. It's just too hard to plan for and rather than be stuck with salads I'd rather just be stuck at home! Did manage to get about half of my cross stitch done though :) (I'm not 80, I swear!)

I'll have to ask about getting the CLAs elsewhere... haven't had to buy a bottle of those yet.

mememegogirl
04-01-2009, 08:12 PM
one of the girls from my centre recommended superstore as a great place to pick up CLAs. So if ever that becomes relevent to you Michele and Chantal try Superstore!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-02-2009, 04:58 AM
MORNING!

well the scale was cery friendly to me this am!!! Doing something right I guess! but I think I will only go in Sat am for my w.i

have a great day all!

Chantal0123
04-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks Meme, Lady & Michele! My next WI is on Fri or Saturday...I'm thinking I'll go Friday to set the tone for the weekend...and it'll be more exact with my weightloss too.

About all my questions... I got them answered last night... BUT, one thing is off from what you said Lady... The vinegar is permitted...therefore they didn't see a problem if I did them myself and added no salt?!?

I often found that they weren't too sure at times... Like when I asked for the Worcesthire sauce... I looked on it and has like no sodium, almost no sugar... So i decided to cook my meat with it anyways. They said it was ok.

Anyhow, I'll play around with my food and see what's best and not, etc.

I'm having a hard time with veggies...but I'm open and I'm trying new recipes to find a way to LIKE them... Maybe not LOVE...but at least like! haha

Chantal0123
04-02-2009, 08:45 AM
So I asked them yesterday what they thought of exercise, etc.
My councellor told me that the program is made so that you lose 2 pounds/week withouth any exercise.

But if I do add some exercise, she's seen some people lose well over 2 pounds.

A friend of mine, never cheated, was exercising and she lost 3-4 sometimes 5 pounds per week.

I figured that if I lose 2.5 pounds per week, i'd be at my goal by end of September which would be 2 months before the actual planned date.

Go ME Go! :carrot:

UglyFatFriend
04-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Hey Ladies!

Lady: I was also curious about the vinegar because I was under the impression it was ok as well. So I asked at my centre, she said that Vinigar is fine and she uses it all the time. Except Balsamic Vinegar, it is considered a free exchange. I buy cucumbers cut them up and put them in a jar in the fridge with vinegar, its my own 'legal' attempt at pickles, lol i LOVE pickles.

mememegogirl
04-02-2009, 04:55 PM
I think that we need to keep in mind that we will lose weight provided we follow the program in essence if not with complete precision. For example... a tsp of chili powder every now and again will not deter weightloss. I would guarantee that if you are measuring all of your food, following your program's food allotment and not adding salt or prepackaged/prepared items that you will lose weight. Add the use of supplements and some physical activity and you will lose faster. Don't sweat the small stuff... but don't go overboard either. It is the salt that will kill you so watch that one. Spices are a great thing! Experiment and you will be surprised. See article below about chili powder:

Chili powder begins with the use of ground chilis. For the most part, the powdered chilis used for the mixture are red or cayenne peppers. However, there are some combinations that choose to use paprika (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-paprika.htm) or green ground chiles instead. A typical blend will also include garlic (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-garlic.htm), oregano (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-oregano.htm), and cumin (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-cumin.htm). As is true with the chilis used, the other three ingredients are ground into a fine powder. Whatever the choice in chiles, they should be dried thoroughly before being ground into a powder.

MicheleR
04-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Hello ladies!

I decided to drop in at HM since I was in the city today. Wasn't wearing my "wi outfit" but was still down 2 pounds and 2 inches. Yay!! Usually do my weigh ins on Sat. so a bit ahead of the game so long as I don't gain in the next 2 days!

My mistake earlier... had a dyslexic moment. I was thinking of my Cal 6 when I said they had started me on the CLAs at the beginning. Think I might try those in the coming weeks as my waist is only down 1/2 inch (this doesn't balance well with my hips and bust being down 1 1/2 inches!) Really wish there was a way to do this without losing my chest haha. Does anyone know what the ingredients and percentages are in the CLAs so I can shop around??

Brought a bunch of bars for them to look at. She said the closest match she has ever seen was the Slim Down Almond coconut bar which I have found at Walmart and Zellers for $2 each. Found another bar at Walmart today that was pretty well idnetical to it... also Almond flavoured and came in a green package (unfortunately I don't have the name handy at the moment!). There was another one as well that she said I could use "sparingly" since it was a little high in sugars... I think it's called Chocolate delight by Protolife (or something like that?? - pink and white box) Bought a box of 5 at Shopper's Drugmart for $10.

Hope everyone's week is going well!

Chantal0123
04-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Well, I'm starting my 4th day on HM... and I have to say that it's easy....?!!?
I have no cravings... I even bought those slim choc bars...in CASE I have a craving...for my daily free allowance... (under 100 cal)... I'm doing good!

I'm happy that I'm adjusting real well. They said I'm handling this as a pro.
I weighed myself at home last night... I'm thinking I might be close to 6 pounds tonight... "might"... is because I haven't been to the "washroom"... Hoping this won't become an issue.

Michele - Congrats for the 2 pounds - that's GRRRREAT!
Thanks for the info about the bars! I'm trying to stay away from the bars... I find that when I eat something like that...I might simply end up wanting more. So at this time... I'd rather stick to the basics... Vegg, Fruits, Starchs, Proteins, etc... FOR NOW :dizzy:

Meme - I agree. I asked her about Baking Soda, etc. I told her that I was doing this recipe before...it's a BK recipe and it's like eggs, Cream of wheat, wheat germ, milk I believe...and then you cook it up like pancakes...but you need the Baking Powder for it to rise a bit. Anyhow she said the following:
If you're using a tsp for like 6 portions... I don't think it would realllllly harm you in the end.

Chantal

Chantal0123
04-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Talking about food...I was thinking of something else.

I used to cook my meat (chicken, pork) in the Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup (less fat). I know that it isn't allowed...but then again, I'm not EATING it...I'm only cooking my meat... ?

I personnally think that I still might do this once in a while...
I'll wait to get a handle on things before though.

I really DON'T want to jeapordize my weightloss.

MicheleR
04-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Good job on the weight loss so far Chantal! Apparently my body takes a while to figure out what's going on!!

Double checked those bars. The ones in the pink box are made by Protilife and the green ones are made by ISOfemme.

As far as not eating something but cooking it in it... I'm thinking of the cinammon french toast recipe. Although I don't use the entire mixture to dip my bread in, the totals read as though I have used all of it. I find if I soak the bread it doesn't cook properly. Anybody else find this? Do you count what the recipe says or approx. how much of the egg, cinammon, etc. mixture you use? I've been counting it as the whole but don't wanna mess up my portions.

Anybody else wi recently? I always love to hear about how successful everyone has been!

Chantal0123
04-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks Michele!

Yeah...I know what you mean...it's like...you don't actually "EAT" it...so do you count it as half?!

Any tricks for the weekend everyone??? My first weekend coming up.
I was thinking of saving my starches for evening...

For BK:
Smoothie - 1 fruit, milk. I could also add silken tofu for protein...
1 F
1 D
1 P (possibly)

Lunch:
I could either have one Starch or skip the starch and eat a salad for lunch with a protein or keep my protein for dinner. Eat lots of veggies for lunch.
I also wanted to do a Sweet Potatoe Soup! Perfect for lunch.
3 or 4 V
1 P (possibly)

Snack:
1 Fruit

Dinner:

I could have 3 starches...so I could eat a pasta diner or chicken wraps or something along those lines...

Snack:
I'd have one fruit left for the evening plus my free allowance.

How does that sound for my Saturday? Planning is key right :)

Chantal0123
04-03-2009, 01:41 PM
How unfair is it that when you use the dressing FAT FREE it counts as a free allowance??? Like there's... what? 30-40 calories in those???
:(

MicheleR
04-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Chantal:

I think the key is just finding what works for you and what fits your plan.

I was told to try and get my starches in early in the day if possible... but I only have 2 to deal with, not 3. I usually have 2 vegs (sweet potato and peas or steamed cauliflower) and a protien for supper. With the Sweet Potato or yam I fell like I'm getting a starch but don't have to worry about loading up on starches in the last meal before bed.

Are you on QLPII? Or a different plan? I was told they'll switch mine in the next couple of weeks but not sure what changes will be made...

This last week for me has been random snacking throughout the day as I am on a week of holidays. Probably not the best, but it works for me. When they checked my book yesterday they didn't seem to have a problem with it!!

Chantal0123
04-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Yes, I'm on the Quick-Loss Plus II.
I have 2 starches - you're right... I was writing way too many starches in there...wouldn't it be nice? LOL

So my goal was to keep all my starches for night cause it's easier I find for me...and I know what my evening will look like tomorrow...
We'll see. It might change :)

When I followed another program...they said to switch it up.
See I do...
BK - Starch
Lunch - Starch
Dinner - VEG

And the next day is:
BK - Starch
Lunch - VEG
Dinner - Starch...

I do this cause I always make leftovers from my dinner for my lunch...I find it's SO easy this way for me...and at the same, it mixes things up.

mememegogirl
04-03-2009, 04:50 PM
SO I've already blown it today. I am way off course and a little moody. DARN HORMONES! This usually equals excess hunger and poor food choices. I am discouraged and tomorrow is weigh-in. I don't understand how I can do so well for days and days and then BAM! FOOD MOOD! AAAAAGH! I am not at all happy with myself!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Banana Date Nut Mini Muffins

Makes 48 Mini Muffins
2 mini muffins = 1 starch

Ingredients:

1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
¾ cup Splenda
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp canola oil
1 egg
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
½ cup quick-cooking oats
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1/3 cup chopped dates
¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
1 tsp grated lemon peel

Directions:

In a large bowl, beat bananas, Splenda, applesauce, oil, and egg until well blended. Combine the flours, oats, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended. Stir in the dates, walnuts, and lemon peel.
Coat miniature muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full with batter. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

2 dogs 1 lady
04-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Cinnamon Raisin Bites

Makes 24 servings
1 serving = 1 starch

Ingredients:

2 cups whole wheat flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup skim milk
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup honey
½ cup raisins

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil, and honey; add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Stir in raisins.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coating with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks

2 dogs 1 lady
04-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Serves 1 = 1 dairy, 2 fats, 1 fruit

Blend Ingredients:

1 tbsp peanut butter (light or low-sodium)
8 oz Silk Vanilla light soymilk
1/2 banana

2 dogs 1 lady
04-03-2009, 06:37 PM
CREAMY CHICKEN ‘N’ RICE

¼ CUP CELERY, CHOPPED
½ CUP ONION, CHOPPED
¾ CUP GREEN PEPPER, CHOPPED
4 TSP MARG
2 CUPS MUSHROOMS
12 OZ PLAIN FAT-FREE YOGURT
1 CUP RICE (COOKED)
½ TSP GARLIC POWDER
¼ TSP BLACK PEPPER
14 OZ (COOKED) OR 20 OZ (RAW) CHICKEN

COOK CELERY, ONION, AND GREEN PEPPER WITH MARGARINE UNTIL VEGGIES ARE TENDER.
STIR IN MUSHROOMS, YOGURT, RICE AND SEASONINGS.
BRING TO A BOIL, REDUCE HEAT, AND SIMMER FOR 20 MINUTES/ OR UNITL RICE IS TENDER.
STIR IN CHICKEN AND COOK UNTIL HEATED THROUGH.
DIVIDE INTO FOUR EQUAL PORTIONS AND SERVE.

SERVES FOUR
ONE SERVING= 1 PROTEIN, 1 VEG, 1 STARCH, 1 FAT, ½ DAIRY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Herbal Magic Lasagna

Serves 8
1 serving = 1 protein, 1 starch, 1½ veg, ½ free exchange, ½ dairy

20 oz beef (raw)
3 cups 1% cottage cheese
8 oven-ready lasagna noodles
1 cup onion
4 cups tomato, diced
2 cups mushrooms, chopped
4 cups peppers, chopped
2 cups pasta sauce
4 oz cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400°F.
Brown beef.
Add 2 cups mushrooms, 2 cups tomato and 2 cups peppers to beef.
Put pasta sauce into blender.
Add 2 cups tomato and 2 cups peppers to sauce and blend together.
Season beef mixture and add sauce from blender.
Mix together.
Place 4 oven-ready noodles in casserole dish.
Layer half of beef/sauce mixture on top of noodles.
Place remaining 4 noodles on top of beef/sauce layer.
Layer remaining beef/sauce mixture.
Top with cottage cheese and shredded cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
Divide into 8 equal portions and serve.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked pasta
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1 1/4 cups chopped red pepper
1 1/4 cups chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp artificial sweetener
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp black pepper

Directions:

Combine pasta, tomato, peppers, and parsley in a large bowl. Set aside. Whisk remaining ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth. Add to pasta and toss well.

Serves six.
One serving equals: 1/2 vegetable, 1 starch, 2 fats

TZATZIKI SAUCE

1 CUP OF FAT-FREE MAYO
1 CUP OF PLAIN FAT-FREE YOGURT
½ CUCUMBER, GRATED
1-2 GARLIC CLOVES, MINCED
1 GREEN ONION, CHOPPED
1 TBSP. LEMON JUICE
2 TBSP. FRESH DILL

MIX ALL INGREDIENTS.
REFRIGERATE SEVERAL HOURS OR OVERNIGHT.
SERVE WITH FRESH VEGETABLE DIPPERS OR PITA BREAD.

MAKES 1-2/3 CUPS
ONE SERVING (2 TBSP) = 1 FREE EXCHANGE

2 dogs 1 lady
04-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Chili
Serves four
One serving = 1 protein, ½ starch, 1 ½ vegetables, 1 free exchange

8.4 oz beef (cooked)
1 cup dried kidney beans
1 cup diced green pepper
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup diced onion
2 cups diced tomato
1 cup fat free salsa
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning (no salt added)
1 tsp garlic powder
2 cups water

Mix beef, green pepper, mushrooms, and onions and sauté until tender. Add seasonings. Stir in salsa, tomato, and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Divide into 4 equal portions and serve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

easy taco seasoning

2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
3/4 tsp Garlic Powder

It tastes just like the packaged kind but with no salt!! YUM!!

pizza pockets

6" Tortilla
8 slices vegetarian pepperoni
3/4 cup red/green peppers/mushrooms
2 tbsp onions
1 oz cheese, shredded
2 tbsp pasta sauce (must be less than 100 calories and 400 mg of sodium per 1/2 cup serving)

place ingredients into wrap and press in panini grill.

serves one
one serving equals 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 dairy, 1/4 free exchange, 1/2 protein

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MicheleR
04-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Wow, thanks for all the recipes Lady! May have to try a few of those in the weeks to come...

Meme: sorry about the food mood today! Hopefully all is better tomorrow!

Just went for wi on Thurs but heading in again tomorrow as I need more groceries anyways. Kinda worried that my wieght won't change or worse, go up!

Took a couple of hours today and cleaned out my cupboards. Packed up all of my "banned" foods and taking them into my parent's house tomorrow. It's great now to go to the cupboard and be able to see only foods that I can eat (and actually see them... my cupboards are no longer crammed with food... just my fridge is now!)

Good luck to everyone weighing in tomorrow!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-04-2009, 11:03 AM
yay! i am DOWN over 3 lbs this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my awesome awesome counsellor and I talked about "familiar food/comfort food"....about how when we get stressed or upset etc..sometimes we reach for something we had with our familt etc even though we dont "want" it..we want comfort..

MicheleR
04-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Great Job Lady!! I'm heading in now... watch the clock and cross your fingers for me about 2 hours from now haha. Would really like to be down another pound today, but so long as I don't go up I have met the 2lb mark (thurs.).

Back to work Monday already :( ... really should have made good use of Spring Break haha oh well.

UglyFatFriend
04-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey Ladies, My weigh in was MUCH better on friday than it has been in a while! i went from 282.0 to 280.8 so that was a 1.2 pound drop! Usually weekends are good to me on the scale, oddly enough, so I am hoping that monday will prove to be the day i get out of the 280's forever!!! If i can hit 278.6 I would be 50lbs down, but that will be a bit of a strech so its my goal for next friday!!

MicheleR
04-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Good work UFF! I unfortunately did not have the pleasure of losing more weight, I gained a pound instead - boo! Oh well, most likely due to the late brekkie and 2 bottles of water before weigh in... knew I should have waited until next Saturday to go in!

Have any of you asked about or tried No Salt... saw it at Safeway today and was curious about it...

2 dogs 1 lady
04-05-2009, 06:50 AM
found another recipe~!I do not know if I like tofu....so I am goin g to use chicken instead *grin*
Try this tofu stir-fry recipe:

1 tsp olive oil
4oz firm tofu OR 8oz regular (I like the texture of the "firm" better, but it is true that the regular gives you more and makes for a larger-looking meal)
1/2 cup chopped white mushrooms
1/2 cup diced red/orange peppers
1/4 cup diced onion

Heat the olive oil over med-high heat in a non-stick frying pan. Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes and toss it in. Sprinkle with Flavo-Magic while cooking. Stir the tofu every couple of minutes and allow it to brown on a couple sides. Add the veggies and stir fry until tender. Add more Flavo-Magic and some freshly ground pepper, if desired.

1 fat
1 protein
2 vegetables

mememegogirl
04-05-2009, 01:57 PM
I am up 2 lbs... but I was prepared for it. I knew that I had messed up by consuming salty junk food. So now I am back on track... not happy with myself but I haven't given up either. I know I can do it. I just have to find better ways to deal with moods rather than food. UGH!

My punishment... no Free Exchange. I am on QLPI which amounts to:

2 protein
2 starch
2 fat
3 veggies
2 fruit
1 Free Exchange (which I don't get this week)

Products I am on:
WM2000s, Chromium, L-Gluts, CLAs, Calcium. FUN STUFF!

Thanks for the recipes Lady and way to go to those of you who lost! Those who didn't... it is ok.. we'll do better this week! :)

2 dogs 1 lady
04-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Meme are you also taking vitamin D to help absorb the calcium???

MicheleR
04-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Meme: I think they switch my plan in another 1.5-2.5 pounds... I'm guessing it's to QLPI. Do you get a dairy with that?

Lady: Thanks for another recipe... I also am not a fan of tofu so may try it with chicken!

I didn't realize you could skip the free exchange... it is obviously my favorite part but sometimes I'm so full I eat it just for the sake of eating all of my food for the day. Maybe I'll cut them out for now on those extremely full days and see what they say when I go back on Saturday!

Have a good week everyone! back to work tomorrow... yay haha

Chantal0123
04-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Wow...I've missed a lot over the past few days!! :dizzy:

Lady - thanks for the recipe. I should share the ones that I made this past week. Found some good ones to try for this week too!

Meme - KEEP IT UP girl! You deserve this...you DESERVE to take care of you!!!!!

Woohoo to all of you who lost this week!!! :carrot:

My last WI was on Friday. I lost another 1.6 pounds I believe.
Anyhow, I was at 4.4 pounds lost on Friday. Can't wait for the WI tonight!
I'm hoping for a 6-7 pounds. It's my 7th day today.
But I'm even more excited about my measurements on Weds...i can feel it on my tummy...big time.

mememegogirl
04-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Lady - I didn't know about Vitamin D. Nobody said anything to me...

I forgot to mention that I do get 1 dairy. I couldn't survive without my 1 oz cheese fix :P Michele ... my free exchange was taken away in consultation with me by the centre I attend. Don't torture yourself too soon. I am basically on bed rest due to a back injury... so to lose any weight at all is pretty much a miracle! But I haven't been achieving the minimum 2 lbs loss... thus the no free exchange for a while

Chantal... I am totally digging your enthusiasm! I am so happy that you are being successful.

I am back on track 100% Saturday, Sunday and now today. So why do I feel so heavy and bloated?!?

Yesterday's menu:
1/4 c raw rolled oats w/ 1 tsp flax seed (required or I have elimination issues)
1 c strawberries
1 yogurt cup (100 gms)
1 hard boiled egg

1 1/2 c homemade veggie soup (diced tomatoes, spinach, lots of garlic, and zucchini)
1 oz rye bread
1 oz deli ham
1/2 oz cheese
1 tsp marg.

1 apple

4 oz chicken
1 1/2 c stir fry veggies (costco oriental) - I remove the peas and waterchestnuts and have lots of carrots, squash and peppers.
1 tsp olive oil and lots of garlic

That is it! I am off on something here? Or is it just my usual hormonal nightmare that results in bloating? Ugh!

Chantal0123
04-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Thanks meme!! I like having this board too - it helps!!

Hmmm what about those costco veggies you're talking about...no added salt hiding in there? Just wondering :)

I can't give much advice as this is my first week...but you seem to be doing pretty good. I just know that our system has a funny way of doing things sometimes...

Like for me, last Friday... I couldn't remove my wedding ring... My hand was swollen...but WHY??? I ain't eating ANY salt....but then again, it's possibly my body reacting to something else!

Chantal0123
04-06-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm going to print off some of the nutrional info of some Blue Menu product.

I bought the following:

Minestrone soup
Per 1 cup (250 ml)
%DV
Calories 160 Cal
Fat 2.5 g 4
Saturates 0.5 g
Trans 0 g
Saturates + Trans 3
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 140 mg 6
Potassium 550 mg 16
Carbohydrate 28 g 9
Fibre 5 g
Soluble Fibre 2 g
Insoluble Fibre 3 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 15
Vitamin C 0
Calcium 4
Iron 10

Small Sweet Tender Peas
Per 1/2 cup (125 mL)
%DV
Calories 50 Cal
Fat 0 g 0
Saturates 0 g
Trans 0 g
Saturates + Trans 0
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10 mg 1
Carbohydrate 9 g 3
Fibre 2 g 8
Sugars 3 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 8
Vitamin C 10
Calcium 0
Iron 4

Peaches & Cream Kernel Corn
Per 1/2 cup (125 mL)
%DV
Calories 70 Cal
Fat 0 g 0
Saturates 0 g
Trans 0 g
Saturates + Trans 0
Sodium 0 mg 0
Carbohydrate 16 g 5
Fibre 2 g 8
Sugars 3 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 0
Vitamin C 10
Calcium 0
Iron 2

Thoughts???

Chantal0123
04-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm guessing this shouldn't be BAD either ! I'll bring all of these over to my WI tonight...

Seasoned Chunk Chicken Breast
Per 1/5 can (57 g)
%DV
Calories 70 Cal
Fat 1.5 g 2
Saturates 0.5 g
Trans 0 g
Saturates + Trans 3
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 270 mg 11
Carbohydrate 0 g 0
Protein 13 g
Iron 2

mememegogirl
04-06-2009, 02:23 PM
No added anything in the veggies. They are just straight up frozen veggies. Darn that hidden sodium though... That is the thing to watch for.
You count the peas and corn as your starch right Chantal? My understanding is that the closer to natural form something is the better. Ie. fresh foods of all varieties.

Also, your centre will have a list of frozen meals that are acceptable on plan if you want.

Chantal0123
04-06-2009, 02:23 PM
i just compared the canned PC BLue menu Turkey and the Fat Free Deli Meat (Schneiders Fat Free turkey slices).

In the PC Blue Menu Turkey, you have more less than HALF the sodium in the Fat Free stuff.... but, it's 1g of Fat but BIG WHOOPIDOO.
I'd rather save lots of sodium and have 1g of good fat.

More protein too in the Blue Menu one... 13g instead of 11g.

Just thought I'd share!

I also found a 5cal ketchup (Blue Menu).
I'll show them tonight.

Chantal0123
04-06-2009, 02:27 PM
meme: No.
Corn (nibblets) is 1/2 cup - 1 Veg.
Peas is 1/2 cup - 1 Veg.

You just eat less of them since they are a "starchy veggie".
That's what listed on my program!!

I know, I know...fresh food is best...I've been having all fresh foods for hte last week but I'd rather eat a can of peas one night a week then eat a bag of pasta! haha
I mean... I want those in case and to add variety too. That's the key for me...if I don't, I'll never stick.

And I also have the list of frozen meals in my dining out guide.
But i'm staying away from these as much as possible.

UglyFatFriend
04-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Hey Ladies, so a while back i had posted about a house i was looking at well below my range that was something i was very interested in and going to put an offer on, but missed the boat and someone beat me to the punch. Well i just got a call from my agent and i guess that deal is in the process of falling through. He is trying to set up a time for me to go have a second look and im crossing my fingers it works out this time, im going to put in an offer of 2500 above asking price to make my odds THAT much better, and to try and avoid getting into a bidding war...so now im just very VERY impatiently waiting for him to call back with a time to view....its killing me!!

MicheleR
04-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Good luck with the second look at the house UFF!

Too much talk about food, now I'm very confused! I have frozen peas with a lot of my meals.. is that bad?? Or is it just the canned ones that are bad? I count them as a veg, same as Chantal. I also regularly have yams and sweet potatoes which are listed as veggies... not starches.

When the girls look over my book they always say it looks good, but maybe my HM staff is not as knowledgeable as some others?

I didn't notice a frozen food part in my dining out book, guess I'll take another look!

Chantal0123
04-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Michele - is isn't BAD if there's no added salt to them. I understand what meme is saying that FRESH food is best...true. And yes, sweet potatoes are veggies...you are right.

And about the frozen stuff, it's frozen meals (Lean Cuisine, etc.).
It's in our guide...not the dinign out guide (SORRY!).

I'm sorry if I made you all confused about the food!! I just wanted to show you how some BLUE MENU products seems good for us...and that I'd have confirmation tonight.

They also have a 5 CAL per TBSP KETCHUP!!! EXCITING!! :carrot:

MicheleR
04-06-2009, 04:15 PM
No problem for the confusion! First day back to work and my mind is apparently not back with me yet!

Almost eveything else I eat is fresh, so not overly concerned just thought if there was a way to get the pounds off faster I wouldn't mind giving it a shot!

Didn't receive a frozen foods guide... guess I'll have to ask for it next time.

Haven't heard of Blue Menu products either, but haven't specifically looked for them. Let us know how it goes tonight and where to get the products if they are approved!

Thinking about picking up the second cookbook. Anyone know how much it is by chance?

2 dogs 1 lady
04-06-2009, 04:52 PM
btw you should not be skipoing ANY food on the program...the basic idea is when you hit a plateau, then they can start to remove some food...do not skip your f.e's..that is planned food for you :)

yes the b.m ketchup type sauce is something I was told to use very very sparingly....lots of salt and sugar..not a good thing.

mememegogirl
04-06-2009, 09:06 PM
I am afraid I misspoke about peas and corn. That would be another school of thought... not HM philosophy. I apologize.

Regarding the removal of Free Exchange... that was centre regulated... not my own doing. I don`t play with my calorie intake but rather try and stick as close to program as possible.

Yams and Sweet potatoes are my favs too.

My food for the day:

1/8 cup rolled oats w/flax seed
1 yogurt cup (100 gms)
1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
1/2 hard boiled egg

1/2 c spaghetti squash
1 med tomato diced and sauteed with lots of garlic and 1 tsp olive oil
4 oz lean ground beef
1/2 oz cheese

1 c garden salad
3 egg whites
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 c grapes.

Again, I apologize if I confused anybody. I only know what I have been told and what works for my body. Sorry.

mememegogirl
04-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Oops... I forgot about 2 slices of Wasa as my starch at lunch and apparently.. with that in mind I am short 1/2 a starch today but I am done eating anything further as it is 8 PM

UglyFatFriend
04-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Yay! I hit 50.2lbs lost today at WI, im SO happy!!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-07-2009, 05:34 AM
skipping any part of your program is not good..you need to eat allt he food so when you hit a plateau they have something to work with taking away..

good weight loss ladies!!! be proud!!!

Chantal0123
04-07-2009, 08:00 AM
OK so about those blue menu items...

I was told to try out the Turkey & Chicken in a can... since it's WAY lower than those deli meats. Those will be great for the weekend, to pop in a salad...when I'm on the run!

The canned veggies... Fresh is best. So I'll keep the ones that I have on hand...but eat them only when it's my last option. Frozen is better. It's all about the nutrients (someone here said that in an earlier post too).

Ketchup - although it only has 1g of Sugar and 120g of Sodium...it's still a no-no. I'll survive!

Minestrone soup - NO NO... i'll feed it to hubby :)
It's still better than the other ones he likes...

Chantal0123
04-07-2009, 08:06 AM
So after one week on HM, I've lost 6.6 pounds.
It's also the time of the month for me...so who knows if that's playing a role!
I'm happy! :carrot:

Can't wait to get measured on Wed!! I know I've lost serious inches around the waist. WOOHOO! Next week, I need to start moving. Might go back to Curves...I'll see.

Friend: way to go for your weightloss. Can't wait to get there myself!

Meme: I don't think you confused anyone - no worries! :)

Chantal0123
04-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Can I tell you guys that I CAN'T WAIT to get a ticker?!?!?
20 days is a LONG TIME to wait for a ticker... :(

mememegogirl
04-07-2009, 12:44 PM
UFF: CONGRATS! Now if the house thing works out you will be on cloud 9! When did you start your weightloss journey with HM? Your results are AWESOME!

Chantal: Way to experiment and try and make the program work for you and your lifestyle. That is a great approach. Congrats on your loss too! You should be proud! Way to go!!!!! Feels great doesn't it!

It took way too long for me to get a ticker too... but once I got it I was happy. It is worth the wait!

How is your week going Lady? Are there any tempting cookies around at work to torture you?

I am thinking I am going to go in for a checkin at my centre tomorrow. Normally I am a 1/week girl but I have to get out tomorrow anyway. Wish me luck. I want that 2lb gain to be gone!

UglyFatFriend
04-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks meme! my official first day on HM was on Dec 1, 2008! I am still waiting on a call back about the house so i am not getting my hopes up, just kinda sucks that I could essentially lose my 'dream/perfect' house twice in 2 weeks :( OH WELL things happen for a reason.

I have posted a few pics of my progress but at the 50lb mark i wanted to find something that was really comparable so i have found one...thanks to my mom for the HORRIBLE before pic she took while quadding last summer....and as all good before pictures should be, i am eating...lol beef jerkey ha ha oh how i miss its salty goodness :)

Hopefully this link works.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32208&d=1239123444

mememegogirl
04-07-2009, 01:21 PM
UFF: You are so beautiful! You look happier in the recent picture. Thanks for posting it! I know how hard it can be sometimes to look back at where we have come from.

I got married in January and there are some pictures in there that make me very unhappy because I look with my self-critical eye and see the parts of my body that I hate. What a shame. Here was one of the best days of my life where I am absolutely glowing and dressed like a princess and I focus on my body? That is just silly!

... but in the long run having those pictures will help me see where I have come from and that is a very good thing!

How goes the exercise people? I wish I was well so that I could get in my minimum 20-30 minutes/day. :(

UglyFatFriend
04-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks meme....and it is hard to look back but i LOVE doing it, I love seeing how far i have come and where i never want to be again! Its humilating posting these pics in some ways but i know everyone on this site is in the same boat so i find it comforting to post. I just look forward to the day that my after picture is my next before pic! It really is an amazing journey and I think when I am all done I will feel THAT much better about myself. I do feel a lot happier in the second pic than I did in the first!! The strange thing for me is when the more recent pic was taken I was thinking in my head "Oh god this is going to be a horrible pic" taken from the side and all, I figured my butt would stick way out (much like i was used to seeing in the before pic) and then a friend posted it on facebook and i was like "WHAT?! thats what *I* look like.....!!" it really takes a while before you feel the changes!!

As for your work out question, I try to do something every day, usually half an hour at the gym in the am before work, and something smaller like taking the dog for a walk after work, now that its sunny!!! And then Tues thurs i go lift weights for about between 1-2 hours!

mememegogirl
04-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I called in to my centre to ask about Crystal light. Does anyone know why that doesn't count as a water exchange? I asked the girl why not and she said she didn't know. I thought that was an unfortunate answer indeed. I checked my packages and found that they range from 0g-10g in sodium... which is low... so why the issue? I mean I know aspartame isn't the best for you supposedly but with moderation I think that Crystal light should be considered ok! 1 / day (as in 1 individual package) is what I was told. I think that is dumb.

Chantal0123
04-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Meme - ask them about flavored water... they too have some sodium...Regular bottled water has 20G OF SODIUM! I mean... let's not go nuts here.

I never heard about a restriction for Crystal Light... but I didn't ask either.

mememegogirl
04-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I honestly love plain old water... but on days when I am hungry and don't want to eat... crystal light ties me over to the next snack or meal. I will continue to have it from time to time regardless of what they say. I don't overdo it and if I am losing consistently then I think it is fine.

Honestly though... I would have thought they could have given me a real answer...

mememegogirl
04-07-2009, 03:13 PM
My meals for today so far:

1 oz rye toast
1/2 tbsp low sodium Peanut butter
1 sliced orange

Stuffed Pepper:
Lots of fresh garlic
4 oz lean ground beef
1 med tomato diced
1 med red pepper (sliced in half and seeded)
1/2 oz cheese (I had a Tbsp milk in my coffee this a.m.)
1/2 c rice
Spices (a dash of pepper, chili powder, paprika and 1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce)
bake at 450 for 20 - 30 minutes

Can you tell I am off work and bored?!? LOL!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-07-2009, 04:00 PM
yeah I was told no on the flavoured water because of the sodium..it showed when i was drinking that instead. I am waiting for an answer on crystal light. will post when I get a reply

2 dogs 1 lady
04-07-2009, 04:42 PM
I have an answer..
well full of aspertame so no..no good but a glass a day cannot hurt but it doesnt count as your water.

from me now...aspertame has been thought to add to cancer causing issues..

mememegogirl
04-07-2009, 05:45 PM
That is pretty much what I discovered too. But I would rather have crystal light now and again than a diet pop. I don't like pop and the sodium is thru the roof. I have a hard time believing that 5 mg of sodium will make or break you though. And if you seriously dillute the crystal light then what harm could it cause... and why can't it count as water? Caffeine issues I understand... sodium I understand... diuretic drinks I understand... but Crystal light (other than the aspartame) is not the worst thing in the world. I drink water 99% of the time but by golly.. I won't feel bad about the occassional splurge on Crystal light. :)

My mother in law stopped by so I haven't even had lunch yet and it is almost 5 PM! YIKES!

Chantal0123
04-07-2009, 07:12 PM
I too try to stay away from the aspartame...don't really like the taste anyways. I haven't drank much soda either... I think one on my first day and then I decided to simply drink my water.

I opened one tonight...and omg, the taste of it...and the feeling that I had in my stomach...no thanks. Fed it once again to hubby LOL

So I weighed myself at home tonight...usual time I got to HM.
Seems like I might have lost another 0.6 pounds.
WI & measurements tomorrow - exciting!!

To my surprise, I'm really enjoying this and I don't feel deprived AT ALL.
Mind over matter I guess... I feel happy, full of energy, and so motivated.
Of course...it's only the start of the 2nd week...but I feel like this is it.

Happy Happy! :carrot:

MicheleR
04-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey all!

I totally agree, I have no idea why CL can't count as water! Maybe just to try to limit the amount you have in order to get your water in for the day?

I've tried Crystal Light a few times but am not a huge fan, although it's not because of the aspartame cause I still like my coke 0.

Chantal: good job on the weight loss!

UFF: Great job on the wieght loss milestone!! You'll have to get yourself an awesome reward (although I'm sure the lost pounds are almost reward enough)

I have no idea what my body's problem is... go for my next wi Saturday and the scale is not showing a change. Took all of your advice and am resisting cutting out my FE in order to help with weight loss but I don't know what else to do. Worried that it had to do with having limited BM so took some Senoket (sp?) that they recommended to see if that helped but no change.

Any ideas/suggestions? I'm starting to get very frustrated. It's not like I lost a lot at the beginning to help me get through it either...

mememegogirl
04-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I had the elimination problem too. High fibre helps...
I bought the HM Soft Cleanse and at the same time used a laxative tea I got from the local health food store. I believe it is Senna Tea. It did the trick! You can go in and ask and they will know exactly what you are talking about.

Also, try sprinkling ground flax seed (ie. 1 tsp on oatmeal) or something like that. Drink more than ever before, steer clear of coffee, and increase the activity. All of these things combined should get things moving. I had a 4+ lb drop the week I did all of that. FELT GREAT!
My centre also told me to drop my Calcium down to 1/day until things 'got moving'. I hope this helps as I know exactly how terrible it feels to be bloated and heavy feeling. Hang in there... one of these days you will have a significant drop. Our bodies need time to adjust to all of the changes. I hope this helps.

UglyFatFriend
04-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Well as far as a reward for the lost pounds, you're right the loss is almost enough...HOWEVER, i did put an offer in on a house...so maybe that will be my reward!!?? Will find out tomorrow, cross your fingers for me ladies!!

MicheleR
04-07-2009, 10:41 PM
UFF: Fingers are crossed! Hopefully you hear back soon as anticipation can be a killer!

Meme: Thanks for the advice! I really hate tea but may have to grab some as a last resort! For now I'll up the water and ask about the calcium next time I'm in! Also need to try and sneak in some cardio this week somewhere...

P.S. My initial thought about drinking more was.. "Yay Brown Cows, here I come" haha. Still trying to cope with lack of beverages... don't like the hard liquor so no point wasting my FE on it!

Have an awesome Wednesday ladies!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-08-2009, 05:13 AM
if you have more questions that you arent getting answers..there is a site on facebook where 5 or more people there are owners or branches as well as counslelors that can give ideas.

my theory..if you arent or cant follow the program as they direct, you really cant complain about it "w.l" not happening.,.you pay the money to lose it, therefore follow a proven program. tweak it as you like..but you have to be responsible for the results or lack of.

friend..Best of luck on the offer!! I know how it was when I bought mine! I was on pins and needles for awhile!!!! let us know as soon as you can!!

Chantal0123
04-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Michele: Have you tried varying your menu?

Here's what I've been doing. I'll try it for a while and see what it does for me.

Breakfast:
I've been switching from a Smoothie (tofu, milk, fruit) one day to cereal the next.

Lunch:
Today, I'm having salad w chicken.
Tomorrow, I'll have a protein with a starch.
Fri, I'll have veggies w protein.

Dinner:
Same deal.
Today, I'll have a protein w starch.
Tomorrow, I'll have veggies w protein

Might be worth a try. And vary what you eat...cause your body gets used to eating the same thing... Anyhow, these are my thoughts!

And for the BM, you could take some Flexseed Oil Caplets...doesn't count as anything and helps! And is ok with HM too.

Chantal0123
04-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I'm so full of energy!! It's a GREAT day...even with the snow. :D

WI tonight & measurements - EXCITING!
I think I've lost another pound...plus can't wait to see the inches.

Wishing everyone a great day! :hug:

MicheleR
04-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the info ladies! I'll try Meme's suggestions first and if that doesn't work then try to change things up a bit as per your info Chantal! Already on my third bottle of water today!

Meme: Do you remember how much the cleanse from HM was? Just want to know what to expect...

A bunch of the staff are going for pizza smorg lunch today...yummy. But, as Lady said, if you can't follow the program you won't see any changes. Besides, less money out of my pocket!

For lunch I'll stick with my chicken, peas and potato! And blueberry yogurt... yum :)

Chantal0123
04-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Here's a recipe I'll be doing tonight :)

Pan-Fried Pasta Pancake with Vegetables
Serves 4
Try this tasty alternative to plain pasta. It's fun to make, it reheats well, and thanks to the egg substitute, it contains no cholesterol.

Ingredients
8 ounces dried pasta, such as linguine, vermicelli, or spaghetti
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 green onions (green and white parts), thinly sliced
1/2 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon canola or corn oil
Egg substitute equivalent to 4 eggs
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cooking Instructions
Prepare the pasta using the package directions, omitting the salt and oil. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large bowl. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
Stir the carrot, green onions, snow peas, and sesame oil into the pasta.
Heat a 10-inch nonstick omelet pan over medium heat. Pour the oil into the pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Heat for 30 seconds. Carefully spread the pasta mixture evenly in the pan; cook for 1 minute without stirring.
In a small bowl, stir together the egg substitute and pepper and salt if desired. Pour over the pasta, tilting the pan to distribute the egg evenly (do not stir).
Cook, covered, over low heat for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked. To brown the other side, invert the pancake onto a plate, slide it back into the pan, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Analysis (per serving)
278Calories
3.5 gTotal Fat
0.5 gSaturated Fat
0.0 gTrans Fat
1.0 gPolyunsaturated Fat
1.0 gMonounsaturated Fat
0 mgCholestrol
290 mgSodium
47 gCarbohydrates
5 gFiber
3 gSugar
14 gProtein

mememegogirl
04-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Michele: I don't remember the precise amount but it was a 1 week supply and approx. around 30 bucks I think? I really don't know if it was the Soft Cleanse or the Senna tea that did the trick for me... but man did I ever feel better! LOL! Good luck! :P

Lady: You are absolutely right. Those who are sacrificing in their lives financially to pay for their program can testify to how important it is to stick to the program as precisely as possible in order to be successful. And each individual will learn in time what they can and can't do on program (Ie. small cheats). Most importantly, we need to be disciplined with our program as much as possible but at the same time gentle with ourselves (and one another) when we fail to meet our expectations. Our bodies are complex... but if we stick to it we will succeed.

I have set a mini-goal/reward for myself. When I get to the -25lb mark I am going to treat myself to a spa treatment. I am very excited about that!

MicheleR
04-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Heading into the city this weekend so I'll see what I can find at the health stores.

I was trying to decide on mini rewards for myself too.. just not sure that the spa is the thing for me. hmmm... Usually I buy clothes but I'm gonna try and make it by with what I have and reward myself with a new wardrobe a the end.:D

mememegogirl
04-08-2009, 05:17 PM
I guess the whole reward idea is pretty personalized. I know that the spa isn't for everyone... but the day before my wedding in January my maid of honor and I went to Ten Spa... and I fell in love with the whole experience!

Food typically is a reward for people... but in our case that isn't exactly the best solution is it? :) And clothing... well our bodies are in flux... but there are some items you can buy that will work regardless of your weight... like shoes, boots, purses, accessories? It seems like I want to reward myself all the time now... I feel like going shopping... lol...

MicheleR
04-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Trying to figure out this ticker thing...

MicheleR
04-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Woo hoo! How exciting!

UglyFatFriend
04-09-2009, 12:24 AM
So...my offer on the house was accepted!! Now i just have to get through financing and inspection...ugh!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-09-2009, 05:25 AM
girl that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look on the positive side and don't let it over whelm you! this is a wonderful step for you and i KNOW you are going to love it!!

Chantal0123
04-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Michele - You lucky girl! You got a ticker!!! Can't wait for mine :)

Friend - Way to go on the house!!! If this is meant to be, all will go well... Have faith!

Thanks to all for your feedback on mini-goals and stuff...real interesting!

I tried the recipe last night (Pasta Pancanke - Frittata)....OMG...it's AWESOME! I tweaked it a bit.
I think it'll become a fav with our family :)

So last night was my WI & Measurements...I was a bit disapointed.
I lost only 0.2 pounds...but I know, I know... I've had my periods for a week now, my cycle is screwed up, stopped my pill on Monday...so I'll probably have them for another week still... *sigh*. I didn't have great BM for the last 2 days too.... so that MIGHT explain. It's just a BIG drop from last week!

Inches - I lost 5 3/4 inches. Pretty happy with that but again, I felt like it was way more!

That's that for me :p

mememegogirl
04-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Chantal - 5 3/4 inches is nothing to sneeze at. Our cycles are pretty rough when it comes to seeing the kind of numbers we might like. I think we can all relate...

Michele - congrats on your ticker!

UFF - very exciting! The rest will be a cakewalk!

Lady - It is great to have someone who has been thru what UFF is going thru to encourage her.

And finally... guess who is down just over 5lbs?!? MOI! WHOOHOO! That is only my loss since last Saturday. The girl weighing me actually swore when she saw the numbers! :) YAY!

MicheleR
04-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Meme, Chantal: Great work on the losses! I agree that 5.75 inches is nothing to sneeze at, and 5 pounds... I think I would have fallen over!

UFF: Congrats on the house, I'm sure the financing and inspection will go well, but it must be overwhelming as a new home owner. Maybe at some point I'll be writing about finding a house too! Just try to focus on how great it will be to get into the house and start making it your own!

Maybe without TOM my weight will be down this week... fingers crossed!

Chantal0123
04-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Meme: WOW!! 5 pounds - that's awesome! Did you do anything different??
So happy for you !! :carrot:

Thanks everyone for the support...yeah I guess 5 inches is alot for my 1st week... but I can see SUCH a difference in my clothes!!

Chantal0123
04-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Salad Dressing:
What do you guys use? It's really FRUSTRATING for me to take my Free Exchange...I'll get the spritzer tonight...I know I can do an oil based one...but with only 2 Fats...at 1 TEASPOON per Fat... hard to actually have a 2 cup salad well covered.

Thoughts??

UglyFatFriend
04-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I use salsa as salad dressing a lot, it is a free exchange but you get 4tbsp as opposed to 3 tbsp of salad dressing. Sometimes I mix 2tbsp of salsa with 1 tbsp of ranch salad dressing for a 'santa fe' ranch thing lol, its pretty good!

MicheleR
04-09-2009, 03:10 PM
I just use the spritzers, but have to admit that I am more likely to eat cauliflower or carrots raw than have lettuce. Hopefully the spritzers are easier to find in your area than they were in mine!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-10-2009, 04:51 AM
hey friend, I have a salsa recipe that counts as your veg and not your free exchange! Want it?

where is Bride to be?????

mememegogirl
04-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Chantal: Honestly, I just followed the program. I measured and weighed everything and stuck with all natural, fresh foods. Plus, my centre took away my free exchange. There were no extras whatsoever. I also drank all of my water with the occassional crystal light on top. That is about it. Hopefully I will continue to be successful this coming week.

Mom2T
04-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this group and am in need of some motivation! (I'm frustrated with my center and don't feel very motivated from them at this point.) So first of all, I hope everyone is having a good Easter weekend! Second, I am 3 1/2 weeks into HM and have only lost 6lbs, 9 inches and am STUCK where the scales are concerned right now. My husband is also on the program with me and he's lost a lot more weight and inches to date. I know men loose much faster however I'm becoming discouraged. Is this the average that a woman loses in the beginning? Just 5+ lbs? I follow the diet to a T, and still feel like snacking late at night. I've began working out to boost the weight loss but still no less is coming off. Am I being too hard on myself thinking that I should see more results by now or is this 2lbs +/- decrease normal?

Thanks for you insight!!!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-11-2009, 11:35 AM
2 lbs a week is normal..but not everyone loses that fast...your inche loss is awesome though!!!!!!!!!!!!
Men do not have to contend with the horomone issue (unless you consider our hormones hahah!)..but they also can gain it back easier.

How are you eating..as in are you always eating a protein BEFORE you eat your starch? Are you saving most (50%) of your veggies for your evening meal and you f/e as a snack for the night?

WELCOME!!!!!

mememegogirl
04-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Welcome Mom 2T! Chin up! Weight loss varies from person to person. We all have hurdles to overcome at various stages of the journey. We all want quick results (ie. see big losses) but ultimately; slow and steady wins the race. If you continue losing at this pace then you are going to do great. Those of us who see minimal numbers ie. .2, .8, 1.2, etc... ...now that is discouraging. We have all been in your shoes and will probably be there again. Ignore your hubbys success and focus on your own. It isn't fair to compare. You are doing great!!!
If you really feel like you are doing everything in your power to stay on track then perhaps it is time to change something up... whether it is how and when you eat your foods or adding in some of the other supplements (CLA, L-Gluts, Lean Extreme or whatever). Hang in there and keep us posted! :)

2 dogs 1 lady
04-12-2009, 07:42 AM
So does anyone do a blog? I just finished mine for the day..and have a tonne of work to do besides it house wise cleaning.Somedays those inspire me as well!

time to go and make some oatmeal..C ya my friends! Happy Easter!

He is Risen!

mememegogirl
04-12-2009, 03:55 PM
He is Risen INDEED! :)

So TOM must be approaching because I feel HEAVY!!!!!!! BLECH!

Easter dinner brought special challenges. While everyone else indulged in all of the usual fare I had my chicken breast, veggies, and Spaghetti squash. However the whole family benefited from my 'health kick' :P because my contribution to the family meal was a marinated bbq chicken breast. I invented the marinade:
Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Parsley, Fresh Garlic, Pepper, Paprika, Chili Powder, 1 package of the Crystal Light Grape flavor crystals and the MB salt substitute. It got rave reviews! I can't share the proportions because I fly by the seat of my pants... but it was yummy!
I also made some non-healthy red lobster cheese biscuits (I love those...) and didn't even have one. YAY ME! I hope everyone else found success with their holiday festivities! WI tomorrow for me. I hope this heavy feeling passes.

MicheleR
04-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Mom 2T: Welcome to the group! You started the program just after I did and our loss was about the same but you did lose more inches than me! I think after 3 weeks I was down 5.5 lbs and 7.5 inches. Around the 3.5 week mark my scale also seemed stuck but somehow by the end of the week it straightened itself out and the weight started coming off again...

Meme: I love red lobster biscuits and have made them a few times myself - so good, but not worth getting yourself into trouble over!

Hope everyone had a good Easter, I was lucky enough to have only a small gathering (My parents and hubby) so mom made sure to make a meal I could eat (minus the stuffing and gravy) so it worked out well!

Very excited about my last weigh in, even though I didn't think it would be good. I went in earlier than usual (even before my usual late weekend breakfast) so it may have a slight effect on next weeks numbers.

Down 3.5 lbs and 4 inches!! Brings my total to 9 lbs and 11.5 inches in 4 weeks - exciting! :carrot: Now down below 200 again (barely) but feel like I have much more energy tahn I have the last month so gonna try to get moving!!

Have a good week back to work everyone!!

mememegogirl
04-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Michele : Congrats on being down! :) That feels good doesn't it? Way to stick with it!

Chantal0123
04-13-2009, 01:49 PM
I feel so OUT OF TOUCH with you guys!!! haha
So, my long weekend is almost over...and I survived (Glad to read that most of you survived too!). I have to say that I'm very proud.

I weighed myself last night..and if all is the same at WI tonight, I should have lost another 3 pounds since Weds...that would bring my weightloss for this week to 3.2 pounds! I'm hoping for more (obviously) but I'll take what I get.

I've lost 6.8 pounds to date...adding a 3.2 loss would make it a 10 even!
:carrot:

I'm soooo motivated and excited that I'm changing my life.

I ate eggs this morning (never liked eggs)...I made an egg, turkey & cheese tortilla wrap...delicious! I bought a squash today (never ate that either)...

I'm ready to discover things and give it a try!

Thanks you ladies for your ongoing support & ideas :hug:

Here's to a awesome week ahead!!

Chantal

bride2b
04-13-2009, 08:12 PM
wow you guys have been busy!! i just had to catch up on like 7 pages of posts!! obviouly i cant stay away this long!!

To everyone new welcome!! Its great to have new ppl to bounce support off!
So how did everyone do over easter? I Unfortunatly had a huge family gathering with all the fixings so i stuck to small portions of everything and i said no to the gravy and wine..my two favs lol mmmm! i think i did okay my weight stayed the same over the weekend so i call that good for a holiday!
How many times a week are you guys going in for w.i? i was going 3x week for the longest time but now life if soo hectic im lucky if i get there every wednesday and i just feel like is soo important to get in there, also who else is horrible about writng in there journal?? im the worst i kno i should they always yell at me lol :(

Chantal0123
04-14-2009, 08:28 AM
bride2be: I'm going in 3x per week and I like it this way.

I had my WI last night... I lost 4.2 pounds this week! YEAH! :carrot:
That's a total of 11 pounds in 2 weeks. Can't wait for measurements tomorrow. So so happy!!

Chantal

bride2b
04-14-2009, 08:49 AM
congrats chantal that is an awsome loss!!!

mememegogirl
04-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Way to go Chantal! That is wonderful news!

I am watching my home scale stay static and getting increasingly annoyed. But TOM is fast approaching and I have to remember how that affects my weight loss. It can be discouraging to work hard, to sacrifice and to see little to no results. I am still 100% on program with no cheats, no extras, no nothing... so... hopefully I will see some good news some day soon?!?

On the bright side... my PMS is terrible... I mean we are talking mood swings and a voracious appetite but I haven't given in at all... Not one little bit! Does anyone else have any advice for this monthly 'hiccup' and how to deal with it and weight loss?

Chantal0123
04-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Thanks everyone!! I'm so pumped!

Meme: I've had my periods for like 10 days...ended on Sunday... still achieved a weightloss but then again, it's only the start of my 3rd week.
If you've done everything right, you should be losing...and if you don't see big numbers the week you get your periods, well then the week after should be a high number... You have to see it somewhere...

My thoughts :)

MicheleR
04-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Great job on the loss Chantal!

Meme: Unfortunately I have no good advice and I still haven't figured out how my TOM affects my own weight. All I know is that the scale seemed stuck for me at home last week but I ended up with a 3.5 lb loss by the time Sat. rolled around.

Bride: I usually only go in once a week (Sat) It seems to work well enough for me. Also, sometimes I think I'm a little OCD which helps me write in my journal regularly. Maybe try planning out your meals and writing them in the night before???

2 dogs 1 lady
04-14-2009, 06:10 PM
ohhh meme...I too am heading into that...but I also think I am starting menopause..i am 41 and my sister was flowblown by 40...Since Mom passed away 2 years ago i cant ask if this was her too.
I can say that I am literally eating anything chocloalte ro sweet or protin in site right now. Havent had a real veg in days and I am way overdue for the "visit". No, not expecting..hahahaha. Just have that yucky feeling.

When I go 3 times a week for a w.i I do better...

We should all do a 1 week challenge again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back B2b!!

MicheleR
04-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Another challenge sounds awesome!

Hope everyone's week is going well.

I finally managed to go to the gym tonight after night class. Yay! Was always told not to exercise in the evening 'cause it apparently may interfere with your sleep. Guess I'll see how it goes as I don't really have another time to go on the days I have night class.

Best of luck on your Wednesday planning! I'm having a bbq with some friends after work. Now I just have to decide whether I want chicken or steak hmmmm...

Chantal0123
04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather!
Working from home today as the AC guys have been here since 8am installing the new AC - woohoo! No more hot summers for us!

Well it's WI & Measurements for me tonight - excited!!!

Wondering what to make for dinner... feel like having hamburgers but since I'm home... I should be making something else... we'll see :)

What are you guys having for dinner?

mememegogirl
04-15-2009, 02:59 PM
You can have a hamburger... you just have to plan your day for it. Lean ground beef is acceptable. BBQ some fresh veggies with it and you are golden. Just measure, measure, measure!

I am discouraged. I have been off work for 2 months with my back and I am tired of it. Yes I am losing weight ... slowly... but I want to be more successful. I want to be active but I can't. Even a simple walk somedays is enough to push me over the edge painwise. I want to do yoga again, aerobics, anything quite frankly.. Add this frustration to my PMS and you can tell I am a real joy to be around ... UGH! On the bright side of things... I weighed myself on the wii fit after brekkie and lots of water and was down 1.3lbs. I usually weigh pre-brekkie and without much fluidwise in me. So I guess I can't complain...

mememegogirl
04-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Anyone on L-Gluts? What an amazing product! I do not crave carbs and sweets... just like they said! Perhaps I should believe in the program a little more....

MicheleR
04-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Not on anything but the basics.. Cal6, WM 2000 and Chrom.

Just got switched to a new plan this past week so now I'm on the same portions as you, Meme. Kinda wish they would have started me on it so that I'm not missing portions now haha.

I know how you feel about lack of exercise. Although I am able to exercise, everything has to be low impact because my hip joints can't take the intensity. Hopefully this changes as the weight comes off!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-15-2009, 06:41 PM
L-glut? i need some! i have had so many cravings this week!

mememegogirl
04-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Ask your center. I can tell you it works! But like everything... it costs.
http://herbalmagicsystems.org/productimages/l_glutabolic.jpg
L-Glutabolic™ Forte

L-Glutabolic Forte boosts immune system functioning, energy expenditure, and intestinal function. It supports the immune system, aids in the healing of gastrointestinal ailments, and can reduce carbohydrate cravings.

mememegogirl
04-15-2009, 08:58 PM
There was one night this week I was starved... but I was having the opposite problem of my previous elimination problem which resulted in losing a whole lot of food and nutrients from my system without digesting any of it. Yuck. But other than that ... even with my brutal PMS I don't crave all of that good stuff us women normally crave around TOM.

2 dogs 1 lady
04-16-2009, 05:01 AM
guess what meme, I HAVE some in my cupboards! (go figure..me a packrat found something again)
I am taking it starting this am.. I feel so much better when i do not go off program. Mentally as well!
And a co-worker asked me yesterday if I was losing weight!!!! He came up behind me, so I know it is making my butt and back look smaller!!

I think I needed that little push :O)

Chantal0123
04-16-2009, 08:06 AM
I decided to keep the hamburgers for Friday night instead with some Sweet Potatoe French Fries :)

Last night, I had a chicken quesidilla instead...it was good. Today, I have a chicken wrap for lunch. Tonight is Steak on the Bbq with some Sweet Potatoes and other veggies. Hmmm it'll be good :)

Meme: Thanks for the info about L-Glut. I think I'll stand away. I prefer to control it by myself cause you simply can't live on pills all your life. At some point, we need to take responsability for our actions and decide what we want... a nice, healthy body or food... Which is more pleasurable?

We've been so USED to pleasuring ourselves with food... that's why you CRAVE... you CRAVE cause it was bringing you a comfort...and yes, there's also a part that physiological...and the pills might help.

So WI & Measurements for me yesterday... I lost 0.4 pounds since Monday and lost 4.5 inches this week for a total of 10.25 inches. Pretty happy!!

:carrot:

UglyFatFriend
04-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey ladies just wanted to check in, i havent posted for a while so thought I would say hi. I went to WI for the first time since last thurs. I was only down about .8 but i was totally expecting a gain, this weekend was a runaway. Half because i was busy and didnt get even half my food in or half my water in most days and what i did eat was the convenient foods TOTALLY not OP. So i guess all things considered it was decent. Always glad when it doesnt go up right?! Aside from that not much new to report. My dress for the wedding i am in the summer is in, and im going to pick it up this weekend, kinda excited to see if its too big now :)

mememegogirl
04-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Lady: I am glad someone is noticing all of your hard work! That feels good! Give those L-Gluts a try for a few weeks and I am sure you will feel the difference. I am actively searching for a cheaper alternative from a health food store sometime soon just to keep the cost down. But I am a believer... and trust me... that doesn't come easily. I am a total sceptic about these things.

Chantal: I agree 100%! Normally I wouldn't even think about something that controls cravings but with my current situation (ie. unable to work for an indefinate amount of time and stuck at home unable to do anything but lie around due to my injury) I welcome little helps when I can get them. Trust me.. the second I am able to get moving again I will be and that will eliminate my desire to have L-Gluts and CLA as part of my regime. Although during TOM I think it is nice to have a little something to help you not give in to irrational food choices. Whatever works right and is a healthy choice right?

UFF: Your dress is totally not going to fit! That is a wonderful feeling. I have my wedding dress in my closet from January. I told my hubby that in order to get my money's worth that I have to wear it regularly... perhaps someday soon I will keep my word and put it on for kicks. It feels great to have clothes 'not fit' in a good way. I am in a pair of jeans now that I haven't been able to wear comfortable in several months. And they look good too! :) YAY!

bride2b
04-16-2009, 07:02 PM
hey guys!! so this L-Glut product sounds awsome lemme know if u find an equivalent cheaper tho, i have a problem buying alternative supplements from hm, just so pricey, they have cla for 15% off right now and its still $15 more than i pay at walmart!! i cant justify it lol, only thing i cant live without is my ultradetox, i take 4 a day and have been for the past..2ish weeks..now i cant live without them lol

anyways i ha my first weigh in in 2 weeks today, down 4 pounds, but really down 2 all month cuz i kept gaining and losing the same 4 pounds for a while,so its good to finally push past that!
yesterday my future mother inlaw saw me in my pj's and said she didnt think i was going to fit into my wedding dress that i ordered, lol that felt awsome, but im also a little scared that that may be true!! lol
anyways hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine, if u have it where u live, and if you dont..naa naa nana nanaa naaa lol
xoxo

MicheleR
04-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Great work on your success at overcoming a rough month bride! And good luck finding someone for alterations UFF! I too have a bridesmaid dress that just came in a few weeks ago. Should probably go and pick it up and see how the fit is now compared to later... My friend's wedding is July 18th.

Bride: Which brand of CLA do you get from Walmart and how are they working?

One of my friends that used to work at U weight loss says that some of the brands of "no-name" supplements will barely work due to a poor absorption rate... did anyone find this with any non-name brand products? I'm willing to spend some $ to help myself out, but don't wanna break the bank!

Weigh in again on Sat. Guess I'll see if the new portions made any difference.

Any feedback on what to do on the days you know you're going to have cheats? Have a few socials coming up that I know I will be having drinks at... just not sure whether to cut back during the day or just add the booze on top of my regular daily food. Ideas?

bride2b
04-16-2009, 08:45 PM
i wouldnt worry about no name brands, im not sure the brand it was a red bottle, paid around 26$ for it, but i needed a refill and was at shoppers drug mart tonight and the life brand was on for $19! cant beat it!!

Ur friend was probably told that in order to sell there products, no name brands are usually made by the same companies as the larger brands they just dont have the large advertising costs to charge you for!!
but if u are worried try going into GNC or any health food store in ur area, but like i said, i dont mind a bargain lol and it seems to be working, i lost two inches off my mid section along with the loss of those 2 pounds

MicheleR
04-16-2009, 11:30 PM
You could be right about them giving her wrong info. I'll give the cheaper ones a shot and see how they work.. hopefully they work for me too! Is there anything specific to look for or just make sure they're 1000 mg and made from safflower oil? do you follow the bottle directions or take 6 a day like the HM ones? did you tell the clinic you were on them? Wow! so many questions, sorry! Heading into the city tomorrow evening so I was hoping to get them when I'm there. I'm sure in my little town they'll be $50 a bottle haha.

Hope everyone had a great night! Went to the gym after night class again... so proud of myself :)

Hopefully your dress is easy to alter too Bride!

Chantal0123
04-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Michele: If it was me, I would personnally cut back on something...mostly carbs. That's what I would do. But just a question... why do you NEED to cheat?? If this drink or a couple of drinks is worth it to you and worth slowing down your Weightloss... then ok.

I just feel that when we are paying SO MUCH MONEY and being SO DEVOTED... how can we cheat, honestly?? And then, we weigh-in the next week and we say "Ah darn, I'm so disapointed..."... or we turn around and say "Herbal Magic doesn't work"...

Where's the accountability? I'm not being mean now... I'm just saying...

I've lost almost 12 pounds now in less then 3 weeks.... 10.25 inches... and I don't want it to stop. I don't want to start saying "Oh, who cares... Oh, just a bit of this and a bit of that..."... Cause honestly, what's going to happen to me when I'm done with HM????

Chantal0123
04-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Well Happy Friday to all! Hopefully, it'll be a beautiful day for you all.
Can't wait for the weekend to be here!!!

Tomorrow, I'm going to this self growth seminar with my mom. Pretty happy about that!

WI tonight... hoping to be at one pound for the week...OR MORE :)

Go-Me-Go!

Chantal0123
04-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Do a search online, on youtube for this:

ABRAHAM ON NATURAL WEIGHT LOSS - ESTHER & JERRY HICKS

I would post the link...BUT I CAN'T!!!! :)

Very interesting video...worth listening to.

bride2b
04-17-2009, 12:02 PM
hey i take 2 1000mg after my dinner, i dunno about 6, but read the bottle and do what works for u, compare bottles some only have 80 pills others have 90, my clinic knows im on them and i told them they were cheaper elsewhere lol, be honest haha
Happy Hunting !!
and to everyone else, Have a great weekend if ur not working like me :(

MicheleR
04-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Chantal: I understand that you have your own opinion on cheating. I am very proud of myself for not having any cheats (except chili powder by accident) up until now. Different people have different reasons for cheating and I feel that I still am being accountable in being proactive about my planning rather than doing nothing about it and avoiding the fact that I will be having a few drinks.

Guess it's different strokes for different folks and kudos to you for not having any cheats. Personally these few cheats are worth it to me and I was just curious about planning for that. I will ask them at the clinic.

MicheleR
04-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info bride! Not sure where I go the six pills a day from... I'll ask them when I'm in tomorrow 'cause I also heard that the pills may have to count as a fat?? Who knows, hopefully I can get some clarification!

Have a good time at work (easier said than done sometimes!) :)

UglyFatFriend
04-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Is anyone here on manintanance yet?? I am just curious about what pills you go on at that time? I know it sounds totally crazy but im trying to my budget for the rest of the year (Im an accountant, what can i say!!) and i heard the pills are cheaper once you get to that stage. Anyone know?

Chantal0123
04-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Michele: Of course! I just needed to express my opinion. I've read ALL the posts (herbal Magic #1, #2 & now this one)... and one thing I saw is people complaining about the Weightloss being slow, going for more pills cause it's easy,... and then not going to WI cause they've cheated...

I'm just thinking (like Dr Phil would say) - it's time to GET REAL.
I mean... I've had my AH-HA moment where I went, "You've done this before... It has to change"... It's so easy to cheat here & there... that's how we got ourselves overweight too!!! It didn't suddenly appear lol

Of course I thought of it too... I thought "OMG, what will I do at a party?"... well I'll drink water :) Will I die? NOPE. Will I feel good the next day? You betcha.

The long Easter weekend was proof for me that I can do this.
I didn't cheat... and I lost... a lot. Everyone at the center was surprised.
Why? Because people cheat and most people either gained on Monday or stayed status quo.
And they don't mind...cause the longer you're on the program, the better for them in a way...they won't say it... but we all "know"...

So no, I'm not willing to add 100-200-300 Calories on a Saturday for a couple of drinks...SO NOT WORTH IT - FOR ME.

And Michele - it's my role as a support buddy to talk to you and make you see things... what feels better ? Losing 2-3 pounds or drinking 3-4 drinks?

Hugs :hug:

Chantal0123
04-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Friend: If I'm correct, she said that you keep taking the Chromium only..... I BELIEVE. (I remember asking... I think that's what she answered).

MicheleR
04-17-2009, 01:12 PM
UFF: I heard it's cheaper too but not sure by how much. Think they switch you to Platinum something??

Chantal: I realize that some things do have to change... for example I am now eating way more than I ever have before, which I think is helping out my metabolism. And I'm not drinking once or twice every week. For the couple of nights I mentioned I am willing to add the extra calories and I am also willing to go to the gym to work them off. Not having drinks for the rest of my life is not realistic for me, so I think that coming up with a plan to accommodate for that is important.

I understand where you are coming from with the support buddy theory.. but at the same time please realize what I am asking for support for. I appreciate feedback but do not need to be made to "see things." I already understand what my choice is and how it will affect me and was merely asking for advice in regards to planning for cheats that are coming up. I am not asking for anyone to change my mind.

Anyways, like I said... I'll just ask at the clinic!

Have a good weekend everyone! :)

Chantal0123
04-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Michele:
I apologize if I hurt your feelings about this whole "drinks" story.
I totally get what you're saying...if I haven't said that, I do...
Like HM tells me all the time - it's not for your whole LIFETIME, it's for your weightloss... and honestly, if I can shorten up the time for me to be on this "diet", I will.

I was just kind of sad to see everyone paying so much money and not getting the results and then being frustrated... I think it's sad, and it's NOT directed at you.

Again, I hope there's no hard feelings.
My message wasn't directed at YOU...I hope you get that. :(

MicheleR
04-17-2009, 02:16 PM
No problem, just having a bitter, touchy day I guess. Wonder when TOM is due.. haha.

Goal date is end of Aug... hoping if I step it up at the gym I can see the weight gone before then. Worried to do anything but cardio though 'cause I don't wanna see the higher number on the scale.

Chantal0123
04-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Michele:

Good - glad to hear that all is good. I really felt bad.
I have to remember that tough love isn't always good...

But I guess what I was telling you is what I've told myself...
Like this isn't a joke...this is real... this is a lifestyle change... cause I'm NOT going to YO-YO my whole life... NO WAY.

I'm taking the pleasure out of the food/drinks...and finding other pleasures in life...pleasures that I was preventing myself from having...because of my fears...I was HIDING at home, eating instead...it's SAFE.

I don't know if any of you have read the books by Geneen Roth... WORTH READING... It deals with all the emotional stuff from overeating and not treating ourselves right, etc.

bride2b
04-17-2009, 02:37 PM
i hope it gets cheaper on maint.!! i canr afford this much longer, and im almost there, im at 194lbs on there scale, 190 on mine and my goal is 180-175 so i have only got another 10-15 to go..ish lol so i guess i should start looking into the $$, to b honest i think i have learned what i needed to on this plan and once i have lost the weight i might just leave and do it solo instead of buying the pills, im also looking at updating my education and becoming a holistic nutrionalist to round out my massage therapy practice, because although iv struggled with my weight i am a very health concoius person and i think it might be a good fit..will see if the finances agree with my new revolation tho lol

MicheleR
04-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Great to hear that you're close to your goal! You'll have to let us know what the difference in cost is when you find out. I know at my clinic they said it would be cheaper, which would kind of act like an added incentive to lose the weight faster. Just can't remember if that was for the stabilization or maintenance or both... and I can't remember how much cheaper they said?? Not very helpful haha.

Have a great time with the education update. I'm also thinking of going back for my Masters in Education (resource) but need a schedule that allows me to take night classes instead of teach them!!

Hmmm. ... massage. Maybe I ought to go get one of those for my 15lb reward when I get there!

mememegogirl
04-17-2009, 03:48 PM
I hate TOM!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean seriously! I REFUSE to go to HM today. I have to go tomorrow and already called them to let them know but today is Day 1 ... and Day 1 is a terrible day for me! The scale is very mean, I am nauseous, achey, bloated, have terrible contraction-like cramps and will burst into tears if anyone even looks at me funny.. It sucks that even when I've been totally on task with the program the scale is still this mean :( Once I get past today at least I know it will be down but it is always discouraging to see a rise in numbers... especially when you don't deserve it!

There was talk of a 1 week challenge... should we set some ground rules like posting your menu each day or something? Effective tomorrow? Lady... this was your suggestion... someone else was on board but I don't feel like searching back to remember who... I think it was you Michele non? So I will post my food (every morsel that goes in my mouth) starting tomorrow. Lucky you!!!!! *yawn*

BTW... a massage sounds like a great 15 lb loss reward!

MicheleR
04-17-2009, 04:14 PM
A challenge sounds great! I'm okay with posting all of my food for the day. I can pretty well do it right now haha. i'm a little too routine and boring sometimes!

Haven't really noticed how TOM effects my wieght yet... just my mood (and that's bad enough). I try to stay away from the scale those days, otherwise I can already see myself wanting to throw my scale out the window... and smashing it in order to do so haha.

Good luck when you do make it to weigh in Meme! I head in tomorrow to see how these portion decreases and increased exercise paid off!

mememegogirl
04-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Who knows... perhaps this challenge will make for some new foods for me to try! Seasonal fruits and veggies here I come!!!!!!!!! :) My biggest issue is protein.. I am getting bored with the usual.

I hope tomorrow brings good news for me... if not, I shall persevere and will see positive results shortly.

bride2b
04-17-2009, 07:24 PM
i was just thinking about the price drop for maintence while eating dinner lol..i belive the reason it gets cheaper is becuz you are slowly cutting back on pills, so the bottles last longer, therefore its cheaper. im pretty sure thats how they explained it when i started, but again i'll double check! so are we posting daily food as of now? if so here it goes...

Breakfast:
2 eggs
2 slices of diet toast
=1 protein, 1 starch

Lunch:
1 100 cal pkg of rice cakes
1 cup coffee with 1 sweatner and milk
= 1 free exchange, 1 dairy

Dinner
3 cups salad
4oz Chicken breast
2 tbsp dressing
=3 veggie, 1 protein, 2 fat

i guess that leaves me with 2 fruit and 1 dairy to get in before the nights out..how did everyone else do today?

bride2b
04-17-2009, 07:25 PM
oops and im short a starch lol!! ill try and squeeze it in

mememegogirl
04-17-2009, 10:13 PM
I'll post todays food just so that you aren't the only one:

1/4 c rolled oats 1 tsp crushed flax seed (1 starch)
1 c berries (1 fruit)
1/4 c yogurt (part dairy)
1/2 oz almonds (sliced)

1/2 c whole wheat pasta (1 starch)
Homemade sauce: 1/4 c red peppers, 1 lg tomato (diced), 1/2 c mushrooms, 1/2 tsp oil for sauteeing garlic (2 veggie + 1/2 fat)
1/4 oz cheese (part dairy)
2 hard boiled eggs (1 protein)

1 cup coffee + 2 Tbsp milk (part dairy)

2 clementines (1 fruit)

4 1/2 oz chicken breast (1 protein)
1/2 tsp olive oil (1/2 fat)
1 c broccolli (1 veggie)

My dairy gets a little tricky as I split it up... but overall not a bad day at all.

2 dogs 1 lady
04-18-2009, 05:23 AM
today I had a pb bar.. (go figure...haha) and vits including l-glute & shark cart.

We should start this challenge on Sunday or Monday?

Y'all decide..

groundrules..follow the program and report everyday how you did!

keoughj6
04-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Hey Gals,
I have not been on here in forever!!! Thought I should say hello again. I have 15lbs to go! However it does not seem to want to come off. O well hopefully soon! I see everyone seems to be doing good! Keep up the good work!

mememegogirl
04-18-2009, 02:46 PM
I am down 2.5 lbs and another 6 inches! Good job me!

MicheleR
04-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Way to go Meme, that is a huge number of inches! I don't have my book with me at the moment but I will start posting on Sunday or Monday... busy weekend in the works. Made time to stop in and am down 3 pounds and 2.5 inches. Yay! Not sure if it;s due to the smaller portions or going to the gym a bit... guess we'll see how this week goes. Right now I gotta go eat! Only some carrots and a pro bar so far today.. yikes!

Bride: That makes sense about the cost and use of pills... forgot to ask at the clinic as maintenance is still a ways away for me!

Keough: Great work ont he 70 lbs! Stay strong fot the last 15, I'm sure they'll come off sometime when you're least expecting it!

bride2b
04-18-2009, 07:12 PM
so about this challenge lol.. i say lets start monday, its gunna be hard for me as my friend and i are treating oursleves to a spa day! which means we will be eating out, and im not packing a lunch for the spa!! hahaha but spa food is usually pretty light so im sure i can find something that will work!

ps tonight i want chicken wings...sooo bad, but sooo good, ive been good all week and i know i should say no...i will say NO!
...............................................i think lol

2 dogs 1 lady
04-19-2009, 06:55 AM
OK . 1 week challenge starts MONDAY!

Chantal0123
04-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi there everyone!! Just checkin' in.

I'm in for the challenge too! What is it about?? lol

Congrats Meme & Michele for your weightloss!! That's pretty awesome. ;)

I'm having a tough week it seems... At my WI on Weds, I was down 0.4.
I've been having real sharp pains in my stomach (or at least that's where I think it is!), burping those pills A LOT (never happened before)... I also started some issues with my bowels... GREAT! I didn't go in Friday night cause we were out...

All this to say, that I stopped my pills today. I woke up in the middle of the night last night with sharp pains. I had enough. No pain today...like NONE and my bowels are MOVING! yeah...

I'll see if I don't get them again...then I'll know it's one of those 2 pills.
I'll start one again and see if I'm good...and then I'll add the other and I'll know which one is causing me ISSUES.

The Center might not like this...but honestly, I want to sleep and feel well :(

Yes, I am afraid that it will affect my Weightloss...but I've also seen people lose A LOT without the pills. I guess I'll see for a while.

I weighed myself after lunch...still weighing the same thing that I was on Weds... I don't want to start panicking...they're tellng me that I'm doing great, my menu is awesome, I'm adding a lot of variety in my food...

It's just ****ty to feel like this after I had 2 AWESOME weeks.
I'll let my system get back on track and we shall see :)

Chantal

MicheleR
04-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Monday it is!

I think I need a spa day too... or at least a massage! They were supposed to give me one at the hotel we booked the wedding at this past summer but the girl was on holidays then... maybe I should make an appointment and use up my gift cert and get my back feeling better!

Chantal: I also had pain (in the low front left side) a few times. Hurt really bad at the time but seems to have relented now. Good luck with narrowing it down. Think you lost enough at the beginning to be able to afford a slow week, although I'm sure it's not what you want. Any loss is still a loss though! Maybe your body is just setting you up for another huge number next week! :)

Was doing some math in regards to my weight loss and was so excited I thought I'd share:

5.8% of my body weight is gone
25% of the way to my goal
Avg. 2.4 pounds, 2.8 inches a week
Not much ahead of schedule... but not behind!

Chantal0123
04-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks Michele! I've had NO pain since I stopped the pills.
I'm thinking that if it's the same today, I'll start taking the Chromium tomorrow...see if it does anything... wait a few days. And then I'll start WM 2000. We'll which one is causing me pain.

Last night, I did some body sculpting - feels good!
Might be playing golf tonight - that should be fun too!

I'm wearing a pair of pants that I haven't worned since I started this program... wow... what a difference. Another 10 pounds, and I think they won't fit me anymore :) SOOOO FUN!

So what's this CHALLENGE about??? It's starting TODAY, right?

mememegogirl
04-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Chantal, I hope you get to feeling better and that if it is the supplements that you resolve that quickly. It doesn't feel good to have that issue. I've been there! How long have you been on program? Sometimes there are 'adjustment' periods where your body rebels against the healthy eating and slows the process briefly. Now is a time to consult with your centre in my opinion. Don't pursue the extra supplements they might suggest but do listen to them when it comes to some of the more natural options.

Michele, I think you should have a spa day! Treat yourself! You deserve it! Great stats on your loss! You must feel great!

As far as the challenge: I think (if I remember correctly) you just stick to the program 100%, post your food, and whomever loses the most inches and lbs in the week is the winner.

For brekkie today:
2 wasa (counts as 1 starch - is high fibre, low sodium, very filling)
1/2 Tbsp low sodium peanut butter (1 fat)
2 clementines (1 fruit)

mememegogirl
04-20-2009, 12:23 PM
One more thing: my total inches lost thus far is 25! How great is that?!?

Chantal0123
04-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Wow!! That's awesome meme! Way to go!!!! :carrot:

OK, I'll post tomorrow morning what I ate today. Going to the center tonight and will tell them my "plan". I'm thinking I'll start back on Chromium tomorrow... I'll wait 2 days and if all is good, I'll add WM...and maybe I'll never get them again... but if I do, then at least I'll know which one is causing me burbing and serious pain.

Chantal0123
04-20-2009, 03:08 PM
I have a ticker!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-20-2009, 05:10 PM
there really wasnt any way to win except for following the program...:O)

biggest loss never matters...just follow the program for the challenge

Chantal0123
04-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Good morning ladies,

I went to my WI last night...they were okay with me stopping the pills because of the pain, and they also agreed to getting back on the chromium today...and leaving a couple of days to see how I feel...and then start the WM 2000 over the weekend, if I'm feeling good.

WI was the same...the bowels are moving much... :( BUT I'm exercising and I feel great!!! I feel really good about myself and I'm realizing that that's what REALLY matters. Yes, I want to see numbers going DOWN, but all in time.

This morning I'm wearing pants that I haven't worn in months cause they were sooooo TIGHT... and now, they fit perfectly...even a bit loose!! WOOHOO!!!

So here's what I ate yesterday:

BK:
1/2 C of cereal (Guardian All-Bran) - (1S)
1/2 C of Skim Milk (1/2 D)

Snack:
1/2 C of cottage cheese (1/2 P)

Lunch:
2 slices of WW bread (1S)
1/2 tbsp of ultra low fat cream cheese (1/2 D)
1/2 C of carrots (1V)

Snack:
1 banana (2F)
1/2 C of cottage cheese (1/2 P)

Dinner:
2 C of Spinach (2V)
1 C of cucumbers (1V)
5oz of Chicken (1P)
FF dressing (1FE)

Snack:
1 protein bar (1P)

I know, I know...I was missing a fruit & 2 fats but I wasn't hungry... :o

bride2b
04-21-2009, 10:52 AM
soo yesterday didnt turn out at all like i planned!! its a lonnng story but basically yesterday was supposed to b my blissful spa day but it turned out sooo wrong lol. massage was fantastic, but i barely made it to the appointment i hadnt eaten, used the suanas, steam rooms, whirlpools and by the time we left at 2pm i was soo hungy/dehydrated i ended up passing out at the restaurant before i could order my food! it was horrible lol but im OK!! haha however my friend ordered my chicken fingers anf fries becuz she thought they would be the easiest for me to get down and the staff at the restaurant made me drink alot of orange juice, and my the time i got home i was feeling so sicky/sluggish i ate a bit of hamburger helper that my fiance had made himself for dinner :(
but today is a new day and i will b good, and other than the hamburger helper i didnt really have much choice in yesterdays meals lol
.......oooh what a day!

UglyFatFriend
04-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Hey Ladies, here is my meal for yesterday...

AM

2 Eggs (Pro)
2 Sl. Diet Bread (Starch)
1 Tsp Oil (Fat)

Apple (1 Fruit)

Lunch:
2 Cups Lettuce (2 Veg)
Tomato, Onion, Pepper, Cucumber (2 Veg)
2.5 Oz Grilled Chicken (.5 Pro)
Hard Boiled Egg (.5 Pro)
2 Tbsp Ranch Dressing (Free Ex)

Snack:
Grapefruit (2 Fruits)

Dinner:
1/2 Cup Pasta (Starch)
4oz Ground Beef (Pro)
1Oz Grated Cheese (Dairy)

**Missed a fat but i usually do when i have ground beef. I buy lean or extra lean and soak it in paper towels to get as much fat off as i can but i still find it greasy so i skip a fat, sometimes 2!

mememegogirl
04-21-2009, 12:51 PM
I think I am out. Unfortunately I have a bit of a stomach bug. I've had little to no food as a result. Yesterday other than the brekkie I already posted I had 1 cup salad. That is it! Ugh.
Today I feel iffy. I might have some toast and eggs and try and get down a fruit.

mememegogirl
04-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Oh yes, I forgot... congrats on the ticker Chantal.
Bride2b... hope you are feeling better.
Uff: You almost made me hungry... almost...

I am down 20lbs total now! 5 more and I will reward myself with a spa treatment. YAY!

2 dogs 1 lady
04-21-2009, 07:08 PM
ugh I am out...my HR bought me a box of girl guide cookies..and I ate the entire danged thing myself! Last one I did so well!!

Chantal0123
04-21-2009, 07:25 PM
ugh I am out...my HR bought me a box of girl guide cookies..and I ate the entire danged thing myself! Last one I did so well!!

Those darn cookies!!! I totally relate. I have this lady at work who sells them...and I have to walk by them every day!! Good thing I never have money on me when I do haha

Oh yes, I forgot... congrats on the ticker Chantal.

Thanks Meme! Woohoo to you for the weightloss!

Chantal0123
04-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Here's what I ate today!

BK:
1/2 C of cereal (Guardian All-Bran) - (1S)
1/2 C of Skim Milk (1/2 D)

Snack:
1 banana (2F)

Lunch:
2 c of Spinach (2V)
1/2 c of Carots (1V)
2 tbsp of FF dressing (1FE)

Snack:
1/2 C of cottage cheese (1/2P)
1/2 C of pineaple (1F)

Dinner:
Some meatloaf "muffins"
2 meatloaf muffins (4oz) - (1P)
1 small potatoe (1S)
2 tsp of margarine (2F)
1 c of cucumber (1V)

Snack:
1/2 protein bar (1/2P)
1/2 c of milk (1/2D)

And I already have my 8 glasses of water! I perfect day!!

mememegogirl
04-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Darn those cookies! Lady, let's you and I who are 'out' according to the rules be 'in' again tomorrow ok? :)

Chantal, I was reading your food for the past couple of days and you are doing awesome. However, in light of you 'movement' problems you might find some relief if you either cut back or eliminated the spinach for a time? High iron foods = slower bowels. I love spinach too but found when I cut back on that and swapped in regular lettuce (less nutritious I know) that my movements were normal again. Just a thought. In a perfect world super nutritious spinach would be a win-win choice.

2 dogs 1 lady
04-22-2009, 05:31 AM
For sure meme!!
I have my luch already packed.. had my PB bar for brekkie & a cuppa tea.

back to that salad thing again becuase they are sooo yummy!

baby greens / spring mix
1 cup of fresh strawberries (I 1/4 mine)
1/4 cup of mandarine orange segments

then add raspberry dressing (i am using an olive oil based one)

you can also toast some almond slivers (protein) to top if off & have a complete meal of it..trust me ladies, it is filling!

Chantal0123
04-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Chantal, I was reading your food for the past couple of days and you are doing awesome. However, in light of you 'movement' problems you might find some relief if you either cut back or eliminated the spinach for a time? High iron foods = slower bowels. I love spinach too but found when I cut back on that and swapped in regular lettuce (less nutritious I know) that my movements were normal again. Just a thought. In a perfect world super nutritious spinach would be a win-win choice.

Thanks meme! Yeah I know...Spinach isn't the best I guess but I started taking the Flax Seed Oil capsules on a daily basis...and guess what? I went this morning - WOOT WOOT! lol I've never been so happy.

This morning I'm wearing some darn nice looking clothes... I love the way that I feel about myself lately...LOVE IT! Go-ME-Go!

Have an awesome day ladies!!

mememegogirl
04-22-2009, 10:39 AM
hahaha! Congrats on your successful bm!!!!!! The things we talk about! :)
Doesn't it feel good to do something for you? I am happy you are feeling so good and I know from personal experience that feeling good is motive to feel even better! :)

witchie
04-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi there, I've been lurking around for a little while and finally decided to post. I started HM on March 24/09, so I am about 3 1/2 weeks in. I'm on the wm2000 & Chromagic and visit the clinic 3X per week. I've lost 9 & 3/4 lbs and 16 & 3/4 inches thus far. You all are very motivating and I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. Hope to get to know you all better! Cheers & have a most excellent day!
Meal plan for today.....

Breakfast:

1 cup raspberries (1fruit) mmmm luv raspberries...
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (1/2 dairy)

1/2 cup all bran (1 starch)
1/2 cup (due to lactose intolerance) almond breeze (1/2 dairy)

Lunch:
Poached Eggs on Toast
2 slices diet bread (1 starch)
2 eggs poached (1 protein)

Snack:
1 cup grapes (1 fruit)

Supper:
Chicken & Veg Stir Fry
5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast (1 protein)
1 cup cabbage (1 veg)
1/2 cup onion (1 veg)
1/2 cup red pepper (1/2 veg)
1/2 cup mushroom (1/2 veg)

Chantal0123
04-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi Witchie & Welcome! :hug:

I started a week after you! Not to far behind :)
I've lost 11.4 pounds to date and I forget the inches... 10 something!

It's a pretty good feeling huh?

Welcome again, and feel free to post as often as you'd like!

Where are you from?

UglyFatFriend
04-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Well here is my food for yesterday...I was doing pretty good till my mom called and invited me there for supper (in celebration of my new house) I couldnt very well say NO because it was kinda being made FOR me. She made my favorite, home made chinese, I did however request NO deep fried foods. sooo this is how my day ended.

Breakfast: (I always have fried eggs on toast EVERY morning lol)

2 Eggs (P)
2 Slices Diet Bread (S)
Tsp Oil (F)

Apple (Fruit)

Lunch

1/2 Whole Weat Macarroni (S)
4oz Ground Beef (Pro)
1/2 Cup Pasta Sauce (Free)

Grapefruit (2 fruits)

...Ugh Supper lol...

Cup Rice mixed with peas, carrots, onion (2 Starch, 1 Veg ???)
Hot/Sour Chicken Breast (1 Pro, the sauce ??? who knows lol)
4 Small Honey Garlic Ribs (Again, who knows, maybe .5 pro or something?)

So that was my day, I did have fairly small portions and picked the things that would have been the closes to 'legal' but was still off plan for the day....damn mothers and their celebratory meals.

...I guess I should point out here too that my mother is not aware that I am on herbal magic, if she was i KNOW she would NOT be cooking this way. To the best of her knowledge she just things i am really watching what i am eating, which i feel IS the truth! My mom is an avid WeightWatchers fan, and i have tried it and it just didtn work for me so i opted for HM. There are A LOT of people who are not aware of me being on HM, mainly because i know a few people that are very vocal and strongly against the program, for whatever reason, personally I feel its just lack of knowledge of the program itself. I can't say I didnt have the same 'Oh its just some pill popping farce' thoughts before i talked to someone that was on it and had lost over 100lbs....so bascially i keep it to myself, nobodys business but mine!

Chantal0123
04-22-2009, 02:21 PM
So... I'm not that busy this pm... thought I'd come by here and POST! lol

WI & Measurements tonight... EXCITING! Hopefully, the scale will move for me today...or at least drop some inches...pllllllease.

My sis-in-law started Dr Bernstein...anyhow, she showed me their site...where she can log in, get recipes, food lists, etc...
I thought - wouldn't it be nice to have a site like this on Herbal Magic...where you could log on & see your progress online & see recipes submitted by other people, etc.

It was just a thought I was of thinkiing of sharing with HM... thoughts?

witchie
04-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Chantal: Thanks for the welcome. I'm from Ontario. My next weigh in is on Friday, so heres hoping I'm down a little. I'm up 3/4 of a pound today due to my cycle and is a regular gain every month but I still hate it. The joys of being female.........

MicheleR
04-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Welcome witchie! Nice to have another person join our group!

UFF: Congrats on the house! I was going to ask you the other day about it but wasn't sure if you got it or not... I'm sure you'll have an awesome time making it your own!

Chantal: Doesn't it feel good to get things movign.. haha

Lady and Meme: I am going to restart this program with you two...

Had a meeting on Monday and thought we were going for lunch (that way I could make a good decision) but lunch was brought in instead. It wasn't horrible, but also wasn't totally on plan. Also, I visited with a friend too late into the night last night and didn't get a half dairy, 1 fruit and a FE in. Oops...

Since I'm a slacker and haven't logged on in a while, here's my Mon and Tuesday foods:

Monday

Breakfast
Yogurt (1/2 D)

Snack
Carrots (1 V)

Lunch
Turkey wrap with lettuce and cheese (1S, 1P, 1/2D, 1/4V)
1/4 c. Veggie soup in chicken broth?? (1/4V, ...not sure what else was in the broth)

Snack
Peanut butter (1 Fat)
1/2 banana (1 F)

Supper
Pork chop (1P)
Couscous (1S)
Peas (1V)
Sweet Potato (1/2 V)
Peanut Butter (1Fat)

Snack
Kiwi (1 F)
Jello (1 FE)

And Tuesday... Sorry for the long post!!!

Breakfast
2 hard boiled egg whites (1/2 P)
Peanut Butter (1 Fat)

Snack
Carrots (1V)

Lunch
Ham Sandwich with lettuce (1S, 1/2 P, 1/2V)
Yogurt (1/2 D)
Apple (1F)

Supper
Chicken (1P)
Peas (1V)
couscous (1S)
Sweet potato (1/2 V)
Peanut Butter (1 Fat)

Just a shame I didn't fit all my food in as the day was going well...

Question: Which is worse - missing some of your food or cramming it in right before bed??

Hit the gym again yesterday and think I'm going again in about an hour. yay!

MicheleR
04-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Witchie: I'm about to be in the same boat as you, just not sure how TOM affects my weight... guess I'll find out. Don't think I'm due until Sunday and weigh in Saturday yikes!

UglyFatFriend
04-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I was down from 279 to 275.6 today from monday....obviously TOM had something to do with it, either way im glad to be back in the mid 270's lol

bride2b
04-22-2009, 09:43 PM
ugly you got ur house?!??! CONGRATS!!! that is awsome im soo happy for you, i remember the day i walked into my house for the first time 9it was only last year lol) its one of those "ahhhhhhhh i cant believe its all mine" kinda moments!!
so again congrats

Wed
2 eggs
1 slice rye toast

Lunch
2 hard boiled eggs
3-4 cups mixed veggies for salad (peppers, organic greens, spinach, onion, mushroms, celery, tomatoe ..u name it it was in my bowl lol)
with balsamic vinigrette ( free exchange)

snack
2 oranges

Dinner
4 oz chicken breat
1-2 cups of asparagus

for my fats i had 2 coffees wih cream (starbucks was free for earth day lol)
for my dairy i guess i had nothing, i need to by some yogurt

im still trying to hit that 189 mark im gunna cut out cream as my fat, only milk in coffee for now, maybe tomorow when its nice ill walk to work and burn a few more calories.. i want that scale down soooo bad!

bride2b
04-22-2009, 09:44 PM
oh and welcome witchie!!

MicheleR
04-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Just curious bride... do you eat the whole eggs or just the whites? Your program sounds like mine but it seems as though you might have one more protein than me.

Didn't even realize that cream was an option... I go for a double double with milk and sweetner and it's not too bad, although I've never gone to Starbucks --- Timmies fan through and through!

Good luck on getting to the 189 mark. If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been on the program and what have you lost so far?

bride2b
04-23-2009, 10:27 AM
hey michele, i am on the QLP1 i started in novemeber on the QLP2 and they brought me down a few months ago, but i get an extra protien cuz i have a very physical job and my body needed it, i was getting really shaky and tired without a orotein at each meal, yah cream isnt in the guide but i wasnt getting any fats in for the longest time becuz i dont cook with oil and the ppl told me if i put in a cream i could count it, but again i think im gunna stop becuz its bad fat unlike olive oil which would be a healthier fat ect ect lol. i usually do the 2 milk 1 sweetner aswell or i opt for tea.
so like i said i started the program in November at 23o lbs and am not down to 189, and iv lost over 40 inches...what about you?

Chantal0123
04-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Happy Thursday ladies!! Hope everyone is doing good!! Can't wait for the sun to come out & play :)

So it was my weigh-in yesterday... -0.6 since Mon - good. I only lost 1/2 an inch this week :(

On the good side, I went to washroom 3 times this morning!! hahahaha
I should see a good loss on the scale I think by next Monday! I'll try to go in tomorrow night if I can.

So I don't have much time, but I wanted to say HI!

Here's my food from yesterday:

BK:
1/2c cereal (1S)
1/2c milk (1/2D)

Snack:
1 Banana (2F)
1/2c cottage cheese (1/2P)

Lunch:

Leftovers from last night...
4 oz of meatloaf "muffins"
1 sm potatoe
1 tsp of butter (I KNOW! I didn't have anything else at work) (2F)
1/2c carrots (1V)

Snack:

2 clementines (1F)

Dinner:
Veggie Frittata
2 eggs (1P)
1oz cheese (1/2D)
2 V (mixed mushrooms, oignons, sweet potatoe, peppers & spinach)

Snack:
100 cal crispy minis (1FE)

A perfect day for me! Oh...almost...missing one veggie.

MicheleR
04-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Bride: That makes sense, I was just curious. Did they replace your starch with protein? Didn't notice any in your write up.. I just started Mid March and am down 12 pounds and 14 inches. Good start... goal of 160 by end of August. Also got switched from QLPII to QLPI as soon as I broke the 200 mark (started at 208 and would have almost preferred to just start on the lower portions though!)

Chantal: Yay! Bathroom breaks are awesome. My body isn't doing so well with that lately... all things eventual I guess.

Donuts in the staff room today... wasn't ever a huge fan but seem to have turned into one since I can't have any. Kinda like the girl guide cookies.. I think I hear the donuts calling my name haha.

Going to the gym again tonight after night class... third day in a row!! Hopefully it only helps show a decrease in the scale. Don't think I can stand building up any muscle mass and having my weight go up right now.

What do you all do if you have food left to get in but it's right before bed?

witchie
04-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Hello everyone, still feeling blah and crampy had to take some ibuprofen @ 3 a.m, but still managed 30 mins on the treadmill yesterday, and will force myself to do the same today.

Meal plan for today:
Breakfast:

1 cup raspberries (1 fruit)
1/2 cup cottage cheese (1/2 pro)

Lunch:
egg sandwich
1 fried egg (1/2 pro)
2 slices diet bread (1 starch)
spray of pam olive oil spray (1 fat)

Snack:
Coffee banana smoothie
1/2 banana (1 fruit)
1 cup almond milk (1 dairy)
1 tsp instant coffee (FE?)
6 icecubes crushed --
1 drop stevia liquid extract --

Zip it all up in magic bullet or blender and voila!!
This is very versatile, you can omit 1/2 the milk and replace with yogurt, or omit the coffee and add 1 tbsp peanutbutter if you need to add a fat for the day.

Supper:
Fish & Veggies
5 oz fish
1/2 cup onion (1 veg)
1 cup mushrooms (1 veg)
1 cup peppers (1 veg)

witchie
04-23-2009, 12:34 PM
We should start a thread just for herbal magic recipes, what do y'all think?

bride2b
04-23-2009, 12:54 PM
i think we should keep it all in one thread, just post recipes for all to see, i have this link in my fav's so i dont have to go hunting around to find the thread lol! and no i still have 2 starches , i had rye toast for brekkie wich was 1, and i guess i never got the other one in..lol they are okay with me being short a starch every now and then.
my goal date of 180 is the end of april..looks like im a lil behond, my personal goal is 160 but i have to be careful becuz i ordered my wedding gown and had to keep my weightloss in check , they can only alter so much!! haha i was down to 200 when i ordered my dress so i think with 20 lbs gone it wont make too much of a differnce..im hoping lol

UglyFatFriend
04-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Yesterdays food:

2 Eggs (pro)
2 sl diet bread (starch)
tsp oil (fat)

Apple (fruit)

1/2 Pasta (starch)
4oz Ground Beef (pro)
1/2 Cup Pasta Sauce (Free)

Grapefruit (2 fruits)

2 cups lettuce (2 Veg)
Cucumber, Tomato, Onion, Pepper (2 Veg)
1 oz cheese (dairy)
5 Oz Grilled Chicken (Pro)
Ranch Salad Spritzer

MicheleR
04-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Yesterday's Food:

Cereal (1S)
P. butter (1Fat)

Carrots (1V)

Chicken (1P)
Sweet potato (1V)
Kiwi (1 F)
Yogurt (1/2 D)

Steak (1P)
Potato (1S)
Mush/onion topper with olive oil (1V, 1Fat)
Ice cream cup (FE)

Smoothie (1F, 1/2D)

Yay me for geting it all in and not giving in to the staff room treat today! Hope everyone had a good Thursday! Off to night class and the gym afterwards.

Chantal0123
04-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Hi ladies!! IT'S FRIDAY and it's SUNNY!!! I'm soooo happy!

Ok so I decided to go in yesterday instead of tonight... so happy I did!
I lost another 1.8 pounds - woot-woot. I'm at 2.4 for this week to date.
13.8 pounds lost to date...NICE!

My food for yesterday:

BK:
Smoothie
1/2c soft tofu (1/2P)
1/2c raspberries (1/2F)
1/4 banana (1/2F)
1c milk (1D)

No snack yesterday.

Lunch:
Leftover frittatta from yesterday.
1 egg (1/2P)
2V (mixed mushrooms, oignons, peppers, spinach, sweet potatoes)
1oz of cheese (I forget I had cheese in this leftover!) (1D)
1 tsp mayo (1F)

Snack:
1 protein bar (1P)

Dinner:
1 hamburger bun (1S)
4oz beef pattie (1P)
1tsp mayo (1F)
2 cups cucumbers (2V)

Snack:
3 c popcorn (1S)

I didn't take my FE cause I thought...since I had an extra dairy in here, I'll use it as my FE. I'm also missing 2 fruits...I know. But I wasn't hungry and it was 9pm... oh well.

Chantal0123
04-24-2009, 09:03 AM
We should start a thread just for herbal magic recipes, what do y'all think?

I don't mind this idea... I think it would be good.