General Diet Plans and Questions - the bead diet.

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : the bead diet.

starwish
02-27-2009, 02:31 PM
has anyone ever tried this or heard of it? i tried to google it but nothing really came up.

What is the Accu Weight-Loss Program ?
The Accu Weight-Loss program combines Asian and American weight-loss concepts without the use of medications to achieve results. The program enhances appetite satisfaction, thereby creating an atmosphere where hunger is no longer an issue.

AccuWeight operates under the hypothalamic hypothesis. The hypothalamus is the gland in the brain that regulates the body's weight set point, thereby maintaining weight levels. Dieters find that their weight returns to the set pointóback to the weight where they startedówithin months of completing most diet programs.

AccuWeight provides a weight maintenance program that will keep you within 3 to 5 pounds of your final weight. The hypothesis:

The medial (middle) hypothalamus governs satiety (feelings of fullness).
The lateral (side) hypothalamus governs the amount you eat.
AccuWeight achieves a balance between these two functions, allowing the body to maintain its new weight.

Another dimension is added to the program by incorporating Chi Gong Breathing. This methodology not only enhances energy levels, but attention, concentration, and mental alertness.

JulieJ08
02-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Sounds like they like to throw around a lot of scientific words without really saying much.

starwish
03-03-2009, 09:09 AM
i guess no one has heard of this or done it? it has to do with accu-pressure

Starrynight
03-09-2009, 12:29 PM
I've done it. I'm on it. I know a looot of people who've done it. It sounds crazy, but is really works. You don't starve. You don't feel hungry. As long as you stick to the diet, you lose. This has been around for more than 20 years.
I know people who have done transition, and have maintained their weight for 2 years. It sounds crazy, but believe me, it's great. I know this one lady that did it with her doctor tracking her the whole way and all it did was make her healthier, she barely lost any muscle b/c her body truly thought it was full. Doing the diet actually gave me a lot of energy.. mind you, the first week is the toughest since your body is adjusting, but afterwards, I was able to work myself up to jogging 2.5-3 miles every other day.
Ask anyone who is actually on the diet, and they will tell you what I just said.. and I went on this diet the first time not expecting it to work.. and I've fasted and felt what hunger feels like, this is definitely not the case. Try it out for a week and see how you feel, if you don't like it, don't do it. You basically reset your metabolic point, so once you finish the diet, and then transition for a month or so, your weight is able to be maintained, provided you still eat better than you did before. PM me if you want.

Ready2BThinna
03-12-2009, 04:20 PM
The Accu-Weight Program stopped my weight gain for a few months. It's an amazing diet. What really impressed me was the fact that the weight loss didn't result in sagging skin. Most critical is the transition period back into "regular" eating.

After going below my goal and losing over 50 pounds, I ate back over half the weight lost. I allowed a series of personal hardships to kick up my compulsive eating triggers.

Though it was a good experience and dissolved 20 pounds, I am no longer on the program. Now, I'm on the way back down the scale again. This time losing the excess slowly and surely, without extreme measures to food or fitness. I choose to eat a balanced variety of foods and burn off calories through exercise.

mygritsconfessions
03-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Sounds interesting, but 'what' is it? What do you do? Do have an eating program, meditation programs, what?

Amarantha2
03-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Yea, what is "it?" :)

starwish
03-17-2009, 03:45 PM
i've lost 14 pounds in 2 and a half weeks! and i feel great! im not hungry and i work out and STILL have energy! i just hope when i start transition i can keep it off =]

Suzyszoo
03-17-2009, 04:39 PM
From their website

Acupressure Using Beads

Acupressure is a key element of the Accu Weight-Loss program. Pressure applied to tiny beads placed behind each ear will trick the body into feeling full and, therefore, you will not experience hunger.

Acupressure is similar to acupuncture but acupressure is not an invasive procedure.

The program seems to operate through the hypothalamus. The "AccuBeads" appear to signal the hypothalamus that food satisfaction has been achieved and thus clients do not experience hunger. Acupressure also appears to signal the body that it is not calorie-deficient but is getting all the basic fat, protein, and amino acids necessary. Therefore, clients are losing mainly fat but little muscle or organ mass. The Chi Gong appears to enhance weight loss as well as increased energy by increasing the body's ability to use oxygen.

Zumba Chick
03-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Starwish & Starrynight
I got an ad in the mail you know all those diet ads that come in the mail well I do anyway some I try most I just throw away or read just to see what the gimmick is this month or week.
The bead that is working for you both are you going to a naturopath for the beads
The ad I got was for the Accu-trim Bead it sounds like the same procedure is this what you are using?? just like to know?? you know how they love to take our money or is this yet another scam???sounds like it !! Please me know!! Glad you found something thats been working for you!!
BYE
JJ

Starrynight
03-26-2009, 02:30 AM
There's only a few accredited doctors, I don't think the ones you've gotten in the mail are legit, but I could be wrong. The only legit ones I know of, are the ones listed on the accuweight.com site, these practitioners were directly involved in creating the program through research and practice. Dr. Schwartz was my doctor and he personally collaborated with another doctor (I forgot his name) to combine the accupressure techniques together. Still, if you have doubts, you could always e-mail them and ask for more information!
Ready2B, you did accu-weight too? How much did you lose?

Zumba Chick
03-26-2009, 08:00 PM
THANKS STARRYNIGHT I think it's a cheap copy of the accupressure tech. & costs alot THANKS FOR THE POST GLAD you found lifestyle tech that working for you
JJ

Ready2BThinna
04-13-2009, 04:45 PM
(Updated post - see above)

meginuk
04-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Congrats Ready2B!!!
Hey, I'm going on the orientation either this week or next, I have 15-20 lbs to lose. Do you think after the weight is lost, you can go on a regular healthy eating plan, like maintenance Weight Watchers? I'm good at healthy eating, I just don't want to wait to lose the weight like other plans usually take. I just know that I can't do Accuweight forever if that's what the plan entails. How long did your loss take you? Thanks so much, I'll ask when I get there too.

Ready2BThinna
04-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks Meginuk! If the suggested protocol is strictly adhered to, a loss of 15-20 pounds per month can be expected. This is during the "Basic" phase of the program. What is most important is to follow the instructions for a proper "Transition" phase to segue back into "normal" eating and stabilize the body to its new setpoint.

This is not intended as a long-term weight loss program

Some folks have had terrific results and maintained their goal weight. My eating issues required a different approach. I find that taking in less calories via 3 "square" a day, with one or two healthy snacks, along with 30-minutes of exercise 6 days per week keeps me feeling my best.

;)

18percent
06-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm doing this diet as well. This is my fourth day and I have already lost 5 pounds in the past 3 days. It's true you don't feel hungry. I have a long way to go (at least 4 months) but we'll see what happens.

pjc214
07-16-2009, 01:21 PM
can you tell me how much the program costs?

Bonniegirl
09-21-2009, 09:18 PM
I just ckd out their website and listened to the phone orientation. When I phoned my local counselor she said the fee was $75 for the first visit and $50 for each thereafter. Remember this is not a lifestyle...just a short and extreme weight loss program that will reset your bodies weight point. So basically it will vary with each person. I was told if i dont cheat! then i should only be going for 3-4 weeks till i reach my goal weight. I believe transition and maintenance are free of charge. Im going to start next week since i have 2 prior food centered engagements this weekend!:)

Kim in NJ
09-25-2009, 03:26 AM
I am in the middle of my second week on the program and while it is drastic, I need something drastic! Days 2 and 3 were very tough - I was downright nasty. But by day 5 and on, I am fine and food itself is not really a focus in my day any longer. You can only eat between 12Noon and 6PM so as long as you commit to NOT CHEATING you just aren't hungry so any possible food you want is all behavioral. My stomach still growls around 10:30AM but it's getting better.

I have a lot to lose but week 1 I lost 14 - and so far this week it's another 4. The adhesive on the beads is a little itchy - but I have a slight allergy to adhesives. I thought the milk days would be very tough but plain whole milk yogurt with a small amt of sugar free jello powder - makes a great fruit flavored yogurt. I will update further but so far so good.

Starrynight
09-28-2009, 08:43 PM
I am in the middle of my second week on the program and while it is drastic, I need something drastic! Days 2 and 3 were very tough - I was downright nasty. But by day 5 and on, I am fine and food itself is not really a focus in my day any longer. You can only eat between 12Noon and 6PM so as long as you commit to NOT CHEATING you just aren't hungry so any possible food you want is all behavioral. My stomach still growls around 10:30AM but it's getting better.

I have a lot to lose but week 1 I lost 14 - and so far this week it's another 4. The adhesive on the beads is a little itchy - but I have a slight allergy to adhesives. I thought the milk days would be very tough but plain whole milk yogurt with a small amt of sugar free jello powder - makes a great fruit flavored yogurt. I will update further but so far so good.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well on it! Congrats on getting through the first week, that's a lot!
I am on it right now.. I was on it previously but I never transitioned and I got into really horrible eating habits in college so I gained..
I love milk days actually, I feel like those are the days I lose. There's a lotta great recipes on the AW site with milk..
Water is the main thing that gets me through this diet though, every sip helps.
Maybe we can keep each other updated?

principina
09-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi I just started the diet with Dr. Schwartz in the Hackensack office and looking forward to getting started.. I understand the veggie and fruit days, but I am not sure about the milk days. When he says 20 oz of milk or yogurt does that mean thats all you have is the 20 oz for the day. What did you have on those days to jazz it up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, :cool:
Chris

principina
10-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi. Good Luck to you. Can you tell me where you get whole milk yogurt. Everything I find says low fat or non fat.
Thanks,
Chris

Kim in NJ
10-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Hi Chris - Sorry I didn't see your posts until now. You should sign up (with a separate email account) for the Accu Weight mail list. You need to be on the program to get access but everyone on there is so encouraging and they really help the newbies.

Plain Whole Milk Yogurt - Shoprite sells their own name brand in a 32 oz container. The way I eat it is to add a little bit of sugar free jello powder (less than a tsp) - just to give it color and a slight flavor. I also add a packet of Splenda just to make it a little sweeter for me. Not a big fan of plain yogurt.

Whole Milk - since I don't really like milk either, I add in the Walden Farms sugar free chocolate syrup. They sell it in the West Orange office - but I also found that in my Shoprite (along with Strawberry and Blueberry too) - in the aisle with the ice cream toppings. The chocolate really tastes like a chocolate shake to me. It's a real treat on the milk days.

On milk days around 1PM I usually have 5 oz plain yogurt (doctored up like I mentioned above).... then another 5 oz. around 4PM and finally at 6PM I drink my delicious chocolate shake... Once you are on the plan for 7-10 days you will not be hungry at all. Like today was my veggie day. I had a banana at 1PM - then at 6:30PM I was taking my girls to a sleepover at church and realized it was after 6PM and I never had any other veggies or fruit all day. I am purposely trying to avoid my kitchen - but even today I had to make goodies for the sleepover and I only had a minimal twinge of sadness that I couldn't taste what I was making. It's very weird to not think about eating.... but I lost 20 lbs in the first 2 weeks and already 3 this week so I'll take it.

Good Luck - I will try to check back here to see if you need more help... or just send me a private message. :)

Starrynight
10-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Hey, would like to hear some updates! :smug:
How is it going Principina and Kim? Am curious to hear about losses!

I went off plan for a few weeks due to some unexpected events and school, but I'm starting back tomorrow.

For milk days, I find that xanthan gum is really great b/c you get so much more.. The recipes listed on the accuweight site for milk shakes are great.
For yogurt days, vanilla extract and splenda are all you really need to make it "flavored" - I also tried french vanilla flavoring and it tasted like the real thing!
I love milk days though, I feel like I lose the most during those days.

Starrynight
10-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey stranger :) Haha I'm back on as well. I'M SO AFRAID OF GAINING NOW THAT I LIVE AT RUTGERS. Ugh its kind of hard to even eat what we are allowed because I make sure I wake up as late as possible without being late to class, so I don't really have time to eat. Obviously I can't really eat in class, and well by the time I get back to my room its almost 6 :( AND not to mention I have you know hw and exams and stuff... its just very hard to prioritize. Do I wanna lose weight? Or do I wanna get an A? LOL I know there can be a balance but its just hard at first. I'm on day 3 now. Also now I HAVE to go home every weekend to change my beads which sucks. Didn't you do long distance Tasnuva? I'm afraid I'll do it wrong or something...

Are you on the diet now?

Hey to you too! Long time no talk, how are u like RU? Yeah, I know at the NB campus its much tougher b/c of how far apart some classes are.. My freshman year, we had to have a meal plan and it was SO tough to diet, I ended up gaining, well for me, a freshman 20. I've been struggling with the HW situation too, stressing about that on top of work and of course, at the same time, the desire to eat with everyone!
I'm doing it right now. Yeah you can do long-distance and they send you all the information on where to place the beads and whatnot.
I'm fortunate enough that we have a kitchen so no meal plans, and I'm roommates with someone that I knew and understands my diet, so I feel no social pressure from her.
I was considering doing the mediterranean diet during the school year b/c of how tough it is to avoid the social part of eating, but b/c of my schedule and who I live with, I feel like I can stick to it. See what is good for you - I'm very stubborn and I like the simplicity of this diet, so this is it for me, but if you feel like it's not realistic or isn't the time for you, maybe try a different diet and then when we have the month off, go back on Accu-weight and finish it off during the spring semester.
Let's keep each other updated though! And if you ever come down to the Newark campus, let me know. :p

Starrynight
10-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Just got back from the office. I lost 11 lbs my first week...AND TOM WAS HERE. yayyy! I hope I can lose another 10 this week... WATER really helps, but I have to force myself and its on and off between days. I need to be consistent with my water intake :)

Good luck everyone!

Hey! Good to hear, congrats.
I was off of it for a while and ate pretty unhealthy (I'm talking, take-out, pizza, late night snacks, the usual college stuff) and gained back weight (though, I did start back during TOM, so idk how much of that was water retention).. so I went back to 180.. but I've been on it for 8 days now and I'm pleased to say that I'm at 169 as of yesterday.
I must say though, I did have a cheat last night and I felt horrible.. but I didn't let it get me down, I didn't do anything too severe, but I did have chocolate and some crackers, ugh - I didn't even crave it, it was just a habitual thing, I was watching TV and all these images of food were everywhere and it messed with my head.
Drinking water is just so key, I've been drinking tons and tons, and at first I had to go all the time, but now that my body is used to the amount I drink, I don't go as often. Lemon with water is really good if you need some kinda taste to it.
I'm hoping for at least 5 this week. I'm starting my cardio regimen today as well, nothing too crazy, just a modest average of 30-40 minutes on the treadmill/elliptical. Walking really helps.. I noticed even if I'm just taking a long walk, nothing too intense, my weight drops by the end of the night.

Kim in NJ
10-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi Starry... I'm doing pretty good. I lost 28lbs the first month (14 in week 1) - but last week I was sick and on antibiotics so I wasn't following it to a "T" and the beads were from the prior week but I was too sick to drive up to North Jersey for more beads. I went yesterday and I had stayed the same (that was a gift!) :) I too love the milk days - especially since I make the ice cream in the Cuisinart machine with the chocolate WF dip. YUMMM I am off to bed but just happened to check in here tonight. Glad you are re-committed too! :) Good Luck

Starrynight
10-29-2009, 12:50 AM
Oo that is good to hear! I really want to try the ice cream.. I just haven't gotten around to getting all the ingredients. 28 pounds is great! Congrats.

I just came across this recipe that I think is legal on the AW diet. It sounds divine!

Chocolate Avocado Mousse

1 Avocado
8 small chopped dates
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Blend it all together! Makes 2-3 servings.

Bonniegirl
11-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Well ladies.....and gents ;)i did the 3 cycles of 10 days each...began in September the 25th to be exact. I am done and have lost 20 lbs and over 25 inches!!!!! this program is amazing!! people are commenting constantly on how i look. I am fitting into clothing i haven't worn in 15 years!!! feels fantastic! i highly recommend it.:carrot:

Kim in NJ
11-09-2009, 09:28 PM
WOW Bonnie - that is terrific!!!
I am struggling - I cheated once and that's all it took. I am still down but haven't lost any additional because I haven't gotten new beads in 2 weeks and I just haven't focused either. HATE having candy in the house - but with 3 kids it's inevitable. I do great everyday until 7PM - then I'm craving salt and meat...ugh!!! I need to read your post everyday. :)

SkinnyAgain
11-18-2009, 04:16 PM
I have to say this is the best diet that I have ever been on. I have tried them all and this has worked for me. Today 2 months later I have lost 47.5 lbs, I would say it works. The food is limited but you can spice anything up and make it work. I will say I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, I might even eat everything. But at this stage I am becoming nervous about going on maintenance and keeping the weight off. I have several friends who have done this and have kept the weight off. My answer to anyone is if you are dedicated and want to lose the weight this is the fastest and best diet I have ever been on.

eshaye
12-09-2009, 07:50 AM
im from maryland too. just curious how did the distance program work? are you still on the plan? how much did you lose?

mrhodes
01-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Starrynight and Kim in NJ,
please share with the group on how you all are doing on the bead diet. You two really motivated me to start the diet. I received my starter kit Friday, and will start the program tomorrow, Monday, 1/25/10. I am participating in the long distance program since I live in the DC metro area. I have 60+ pounds to lose and would love to lose at least 40 of them before March 20, (going to a wedding). Wish me luck!

Kim in NJ
02-05-2010, 11:33 PM
sorry mrhodes....just saw your post tonight. I took two months off the program (bead wise because I couldnt afford it) - but I also knew I couldn't stick to it 100% with all the holicay activities.So in 11 weeks I did gain back 9 - but that is not bad for all the holidays sweets I was grabbing.

I went back on last week and dropped 5 of those 11. So I am happy. It does work but oh I hate the first 10 days and my sugar cravings. How are you doing on it??

Kim

Starrynight
02-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Hey everyone! I forgot about this thread!
Mrhodes, I went off for a while during finals and the holidays.
I gained progressively.. really ate like crap in school and horribly during the holidays. I bloated up to 181, then started dieting on Wednesday and got down to 171.. TOM is in a day or two so I'm bloating right now. I'm excited to be back on, I want to stay on for a solid 2 1/2 months. How are you doing?

choirgirlhotel
02-10-2010, 02:46 AM
I haven't heard of this diet, but interestingly, I recently went to acupuncture for my neck pain, and I also mentioned that it has been hard for me to lose weight. Well, he put lots of beads on my ears, and for the next three days I had such a decreased appetite it was amazing. So when I saw him again I asked him about it, and he said yes, some of the beads he put on were for decreasing appetite.

The beads totally worked! I jokingly (but not really) asked him if I could just wear those beads for the rest of my life.

~CGH~

Starrynight
02-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Choirgirl - yes it really does work!
I'm an anthropology major and I'm taking a course on Medical anthro, and it's amazing the varieties of differences each country has when it comes to practicing medicine and what is acceptable or not. Even between western countries like the differences between American approaches, English, French and West German. Some things really work!

eshaye
02-14-2010, 09:07 PM
I was told about this diet 2 years ago by my cousin. I knew that I wanted to try it. I'm finally going to do it. I have to do the long distance program because I live in Maryland. I can't wait to start. I am really excited. Mrhodes, how are you doing with the long distance program? I fear that I will not lose as much as the people that go into the office. I sent in all my information Friday. The office is closed Monday so I guess I won't hear from them until Tuesday.

eratosthanes
02-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Wow, this is the most bizzare thing I have ever heard of! I will (despite my skepticism) give them a call tomorrow. I don't know if this is something I could do with my glucose issues, and I am sure price is going to be a factor (am on a fixed income) but hey, if it is working for you guys, I will look into it.

accujade
02-17-2010, 06:44 PM
i am doing accuweight through the long distance program. my mom lost 67 on the diet 3 years ago, and has kept it off. i started 20 days ago and have lost 20lbs. The accupressure points are the size of a dime, so as long as you listen to training and have someone help you place them you will be fine. Going to the office doesn't make a difference- your commitment to the program is what determines if it will work for you. On the LD program, you have a coach available via email and phone. I email with mine a few times a week with questions and such that come up. My mom is also a great resource for me, but the email support group is also a big help. Have you listened to the orientation? it is an amazing program if you do it and don't CHEAT! Let me know if you have any questions!

choirgirlhotel
02-17-2010, 07:56 PM
So I just skimmed the information about the diet - did I read right? You can only eat from 10 am to 7 pm each day?

~CGH~

fatBgone07
02-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Is the long-distance program any cheaper? This is very interesting!

accujade
02-19-2010, 01:38 PM
the long distance program cost the same. choirgirl- that is untrue- you can actually only eat between noon and 6pm.

fatBgone07
02-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Accujade - you say your mom has kept it off for 3 years - that is awesome to hear! Does she just eat healthy or does she still do this plan sometimes? I am curious how maintenance works. I am concerned that it is easier to gain back. For example, Adkins works well for me, but once I try to incorporate other foods, I seem to pack it right back on very quickly. Perhaps this plan had a better transition. I see others in this post string have gained back rather quickly when falling off the plan. I am going to check out the orientatin on-line this weekend. I am also looking at auriculo staple. Seems a lot likethis , but I don't think there is any special diet to help reset your metabolism. I like that idea. Plus I'd rather not have to explai staples in my ears - haha!

Keep up the good work girls! You guys are truly inspiring!

eshaye
02-20-2010, 08:34 PM
I started the bead diet today. We seem to have similar goals.

eshaye
02-23-2010, 03:00 PM
fatbgone, yes I did start and I am loving it. I am doing the longdistance program. I live in Maryland. I thought it would be difficult to do but I love it. I tried to reply directly to your email but since I don't post much I have not accumulated the 10 posts to be able to do so. Our goals are pretty much the same so I wanted to get in touch with you. Anyway, as of yesterday I lost 4 pounds. I am on my second milk day.

fatBgone07
02-23-2010, 06:56 PM
YOU GO GIRL!!!

:bravo:

jusstice
03-05-2010, 09:55 AM
I was wondering how everyone is doing on their diet? I started mine today. Dr. Schwartz is a real gem. I know someone who lost over 100+ in less than 8 months on this program, so I decided to give it a try.

accujade
03-05-2010, 06:54 PM
She has kept it off with the their maintenance program. This diet has a individualized transition program, you work one-on-one with your counselor and slowly introduce things back in to your life. Their is support every step of the way with your counselor, and a great email group where members in each stage of the diet exchange recipes, stories, etc. Auriculo staple? With AW you are not resetting you metabolism. If you listen to the orientation it will answer a lot of your question. They have Q&A sessions available too. I have to say it is a great program, I am down 30lbs and I have been on it about 1 month and 1 week.

Starrynight
03-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Just adding life back to this thread.. Wonder how everyone is doing? Sorry I have not updated, but let's just say that with the semester and all that, I was not up to doing the diet seriously. My weight went up quite high after eating a lot of junk and staying up really late and all that (didn't transition)~ Up to 182!
I started the program again last Monday and am down to 169! Granted, you lose quite a bit the first week, but I'm very excited~ It is as simple as NOT cheating and following the simple guidelines! :carrot: I think another reason I'm having an easier time sticking to it this time around other than the weather getting warmer, is that I'm taking my vitamins (cravings are virtually gone!). Not feeling hungry at all, just drinking water and following the rules of the program. I love milk days though, very simple and easy, I also seem to lose the most right after!! I did two Callanetics session this week as well, and didn't feel hungry or anything, I actually am feeling really good!
Hope everyone is doing well, good luck!

melaniea1119
03-30-2010, 01:33 AM
Hi all, I just ordered the starter kit. I live in St. Louis, so we shall see how the long distance program works. I'm looking to lose about 20 lbs. I will keep everyone posted :)

prettyinpink116
04-01-2010, 02:51 AM
hieee everyone!! I just wanted to see how everyones doing on the diet! Im starting today 4/1/2010 & have about 100 lbs to lose! :dizzy: Sounds like alot but i know I can do it!! My bestfriend told me about this diet & she lost about 40 lbs in 2 1/2 months & I am apart of the google group & there is alot of amazing success stories on there!! One woman went from 285-150lbs in 7 months! Thats amazing & so inspirational! :carrot:Well good luck to all of us I know we can all do it!! So lets be eachothers support :dancer:& kick the fat outta here!!:flame: HaHaHa!

melaniea1119
04-01-2010, 10:03 AM
hieee everyone!! I just wanted to see how everyones doing on the diet! Im starting today 4/1/2010 & have about 100 lbs to lose! :dizzy: Sounds like alot but i know I can do it!! My bestfriend told me about this diet & she lost about 40 lbs in 2 1/2 months & I am apart of the google group & there is alot of amazing success stories on there!! One woman went from 285-150lbs in 7 months! Thats amazing & so inspirational! :carrot:Well good luck to all of us I know we can all do it!! So lets be eachothers support :dancer:& kick the fat outta here!!:flame: HaHaHa!

I'm about to start as well. Where can I find the google group?

Melanie

prettyinpink116
04-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I joined the google group about two years ago when my best friend told me about the diet. I really don't remember how I became apart of the group b/c it's been awhile since I been apart of it, but I never actually did the diet. :?: I think you have to write your accu bead diet counselor and have them send you an invite. I believe that's the only way you can become apart of it through an invitation. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

melaniea1119
04-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I joined the google group about two years ago when my best friend told me about the diet. I really don't remember how I became apart of the group b/c it's been awhile since I been apart of it, but I never actually did the diet. :?: I think you have to write your accu bead diet counselor and have them send you an invite. I believe that's the only way you can become apart of it through an invitation. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

You're fine :) Thanks for the response.

Lose25
04-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Hey all.. This sounds like a really good program. Where do i get the web site? Searching it on google is hopeless

melaniea1119
04-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Hey all.. This sounds like a really good program. Where do i get the web site? Searching it on google is hopeless

www.accuweight.com

Lose25
04-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Thank You Melanie. SO i am in Canada and i messaged them today however i havent heard anything back. I listened to the orientation it just didnt say anything. SO other than appetite suppressant could you just do the diet without the beads and still lose that much? Also how much does it cost?

Imannott
05-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I live in NJ and about 5 people I work with are doing the bead diet. The are all having wonderful results. One girls has lost like 60lbs in about 5 months she looks fanastic. One girls lost 70 and is on maintenance now.

I keep thinking about doing it, but keep changing my mind. I am not sure how with a family I would be able to do this and not cheat. Everyone at my job is single who is doing the plan, not that that should matter. I just think it makes it easier when no kids are involved. Breakfast and lunch wouldn't be a problem but dinner would. At leaset that's my excuse.

Lose25
05-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Hey All,
So I just called these people and emailed them and i really want to start this plan. HOwever i am in Canada and they havent gotten back to me. How do i start this?

MoneyMom
05-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Hey everyone..Im new to the site and new to this diet. I plan on getting started some time next week. I was wondering are you guys still having success on it?

Starrynight I seen a post from u in the thread "Accu Weight Loss" in July of 2009 talking about being on the diet..how much weight have u currently lost on it? Do you have any tips or tricks? Thanks!! :)

Starrynight
05-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi Money.

Yes.. unfortunately I have not been strict or disciplined with the diet. I was on it previously and stuck with it for 3 months, dropped from 192 to 141-143 - then once the school year started, I didn't bother transitioning and started eating really poorly.. late at night, way too many snacks and processed foods, etc.. I tried doing it during the school year but kept losing and gaining the same 5-7 lbs (mostly water weight really) - just was too stressed to stay on. Basically I've been eating healthy since then and have maintained my loss at the 163-166 range b/c I just could not focus on weight loss but instead focused on eating healthy in general. I'm starting again now that the school year is over and I have the summer to fully focus.. (pretty much 3 solid months, then I'm moving into my own apartment, so no dorms which means no food temptation).
Last summer I had trouble focusing (it was a strange time, parents moved into a new house in a new area, was away from friends, relationship issues) so it took me a while to back on board, when I really did, I went down to 165, gained 10 back during the winter, then did a week and half to get down to 163 and have been in that range ever since (occasionally I fall off but just do 2 days of milk to lose, the trick is to jump right back on with eating healthy). So the good thing is I know how to maintain - but maintenance itself requires a lifestyle commitment to eating healthy. Whole grains, whole wheat, little oil, tons of water, protein, cheese, fruits, eggs, veggies, etc. I've found that when I eat like that, I don't gain. When I stop caring or monitoring my food, it goes out the window.. it starts with bloating, then the "water weigght" turns into real fat if I don't nip it at the bud and control my eating. I'm not talking like a slice of pizza here or there, I'm talking like not even monitoring my calories, taking in tons of high-fat, sugary, processed foods and things like that.
But to anyone on it currently that has been having trouble staying on track, if it isn't the right time for you I suggest just maintaining for a while and then starting back up.

I promise I will be updating weekly in this thread if others want to join in as well!

MoneyMom
05-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Thank you so much for responding to me. Im actually doing the diet on my OWN..without any help from a outside source. I found the same beads on anther site that I could just buy on my own. I need to loose the weight but cant afford the 175 starter kit or the 50.00 that is required. So if you have any tips chicks or any information that you can give me it will greatly be appreciative. I cant figure out how to send you a private message on this site with my email address lol because I dont want to post it in a open forum. So if you can send me a message so I could email you that would be great. Again thanks for responding back and I wish you MUCH success :)

Starrynight
05-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Oh I think you need 10 posts or so to send private messages - I can't send you one either until that post-count passes.
I'm doing it by myself actually as well - but I really would rather do it with the DOC, hoping to go back to him when I'm near goal so I can get full support for maintenance and transition (which are free). lol I wish I could be part of the online support group (would be so helpful!), but what can I say?

Lose25
05-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Hey guys,
So i just recieved my kit today and i am starting tomorrow. I am hoping you guys keep posting so i can be motivated to. I have about 25 lbs to lose. i am sort of nervous starting this. I am also doing this on the long distance program. Hope to hear your progress and I'll keep you updated on mine.

Lose25
05-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey everyone,
So just to keep you all up to date on my progress. I am on my 5th day of this diet and down to 148lbs.

jumphigh
05-25-2010, 10:41 AM
moneymom I can't pm But I would like to know where did you find the beads at. I'm interest in the bead diet but am not able to afford it unemployed and going through a lot of changes in my life. But I wish you well, good luck kick but.

Starrynight
05-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Lose25, that's great! Keep it up!

I got my beads on last night and today is day 1 again for me. I've got around 35-40 to lose. So far so good, doing a dairy day.. I'm just trying to prepare myself mentally for the initial cravings. Honey is such a must on this diet, especially the first week or so. So far honey and tea has been helping me out a lot and keeping me hydrated. My bloating is already down quite a bit.

Lose25
05-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey,
Thats great. Your mentality is so so important on this diet and i think i just have discovered how to use it lol. I am down to 144 lbs from the 157 in a week which isnt bad. Getting below 140 i would b so amazingly happy. I havent been below it since forever. Good luck and keep me updated.

Kee

luckygirl3
05-25-2010, 09:50 PM
I thought you did veggie the first 2 days then milk for 2 days then veggie for 2 days.

Has anybody reused their beads? Would they still work?

lose25 you are doing great!!!

I'm thinking of starting this but still looking for more info.

Starrynight
05-26-2010, 01:27 PM
157 to 144 is great!!!! When I went down to the 150's previously, I slowed down to about 4lbs a week.
Lucky - you can do either one, but people usually start out with veggie/fruit days b/c they are easier.. since I've done this before, I'm starting out with dairy (gives it a kick-start). You can reuse the beads, but you have to know the area to put them in. Since I've done it before, I'm following the same spots they put it in previously. I've noticed that if I'm off, I actually feel hungry and if I just move it a little bit to the right spot (they are about the size of a dime) then my hunger goes away!

So far I'm down 3 lbs.. my weight actually moved up a bit since I last weighed which was about 3 1/2 weeks ago.. I was 168 last but the other day it said 178 :/ - no matter, I'm at 174.5 right now and I'm only on my 2nd day! :carrot:

SummerSlimmy25
05-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi All. this plan really soinds interesting! I just went on the website. I live in California so I would have to do the long distance program.

I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer.
1. Is the long distance program less effective?
2. What is the general cost for the kit/program?
3. Do they actually send a meal plan or just a list of foods?

Thanks so much!!!

Lose25
05-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Hey Summerslimmy.

Actually i am on the long distance and its working for me. I really think its all in your head. The cost of the strater kit is 175 $ and there isnt a menu. Its really simple you have two days of drinking full fat 20 oz of milk and than two days of 1.5lbs vegetables with two serving of fruit. Your only allowed to eat between 12-6pm and have to drink plenty of water.

Starrynight you can reuse the beads? really?

Lucky girl thank you but honestly i feel so discouraged today for some reason. Even though i am at 144 i see no difference. I went bathing suit shopping today and looked in the mirror and i looked exactly the same and no one has even noticed. So i am so down and unhappy. Has anyone felt like that? Or didnt see a difference at all?

Starrynight
05-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah if you don't lose them you technicaally could just change the adhesive and switch to another point. It's the points themselves that go dull after 9 days. I was pretty skeptical about this the first time I did this as well, but like I said, I noticed if its not in the right area I do physically feel hungry. I don't know if it can be psychosomatic for so many people. But hey whatever works!
Summer, maybe try measuring too. Also it does take a w hile for your brain to catch up sometimes, and keep in mind that the first week you are losing a ton of water weight.'
I'm down to 173 right now and I feel the difference and see it in small areas like my collarbone or a certain area on my stomach, etc. Depends on how tall you are, your body, etc. Just give it some time :). Also, you can try doing light toning exercises like yoga/callanetics (I do the latter) if you feel you need to.

Lose25
05-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey,
Thanks for that. Today is my ninth day and tomorrow i start my new set of beads or like you said i am probably going to reuse it. Do you keep using the three pressure points over and over? Also congrats on your loss. How many more do you have? And i think i am going to start hitting the gym today or tomorrow for sure.

luckygirl3
05-27-2010, 03:54 PM
lose25 you are doing good and to go bathing suit shopping is not fun no matter what size you are.

Lose25
05-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks lucky girl. I totally messed up today. I had the worst day. Working in a convenient store sucks. I had 5 chocolate bars and i feel awaful :(

Starrynight
05-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Lose25 - I've done that before.. ugh. You don't realize it until you try and cheat just how much sugar and other stuff is in the food we eat! I often question why I sometimes in the past have cheated with ultra-sugary snacks/chocolate knowing that I won't like it too much and I'll feel sick afterwards. I think it's out of habit and that's going to be something to work out throughout transition and maintenance (my goal is to eat whole foods and cut out as much processed foods as possible after the diet). No matter though, two milk days afterwards will clear that out - it is tough though b/c once you cheat the cravings come back, just be strong for those initial couple days after a cheat and you'll be back to losing!
With the beads, did they give you a chart? I have a know someone who was given a chart and follow the three basic areas off of that chart.
My highest weight was .. 200 (2 years after I lost initially) and have maintained between 170-180 for the bulk, 160's in the recent times. Right now I'm back down to 173 (as of tonight)! Looking to go down to at least 130 and then assess how I feel (never been less than 143, and that was brief) - roughly 3 - 3 1/2 months is what I'm looking at.
One thing with the gym is make sure you keep things light if your body is not feeling up to it. Tea & honey works and def. get one of those 0-cal replenishing/vitamin waters~

Lose25
05-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Hey Guys thanks,
I feel a bit better today but your righ the cravings are killing me. I hit the gym yesterday and i am going to be doing it everyday. Because really to me the gym makes a difference to my body and tightens me up a bit. I went on the scale today and i am on my second set of beads and i was at 145. So i only gained a lb. But the cravings omg i just want to throw the towel and give up. I had a perfect 8 days. So toay is my tenth day and i am at 145 and hopefully with the second set of beads ill hit below 140 i havent been below 140 in forever. Hope to hear from all of you.

Kee

Lose25
06-01-2010, 01:03 PM
So i thought i would put some life back into this thread. LOL i dont even know if any of you will read this. BUt so far i am on day 14 and as you all know had one day of binge eating. But i weighed my self today and i am at 141 lbs. I see a bit of a difference but still not so much. Anywaysi really hope i hear from some of you.

Kee

jc3acny
06-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Started diet on 5/11 and I am down 16.8 lbs., with 2 cheat days (dinner and wine on Fri nite) and Memorial Day weekend (went up 2lbs.)....I find that when I really stick to the diet by the letter, that the cheat days don't effect me that badly..I feel like I would go absolutely crazy if I didn't have something to look forward to once a week. Hunger isn't that bad...the honey and tea definitely helped during the first de-tox week. I don't like the yogurt at all, so I just do milk on "milk days." I do 10oz of vanilla milk (vanilla extract, splenda and cinnamon) and chocolate milk (sugar-free choc syrup and splenda), and space out 5 oz at a time at 12-2-4 and 6. It's not easy, but the results are what keep me going!:)

Lose25
06-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Hey Jc,
Thats amazing! Congrats on your weight loss. How many more lbs to do you before you reach goal?

Gungho4chigong
06-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Got my beads last night. My stomach was growling this morning, but the weird thing is that I didn't really feel hungry. When I drank my milk at noon, it tasted amazing! I bought the no calorie caramel flavored syrup.

I am looking forward to the week.:carrot:

Starrynight
06-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Hey guys. So memorial day weekend I had two days of cheating.. and then this past weekend also. Not good. Went from 174 to 176ish. But I'm down to 170 now. Been dieting w/o a cheat since Monday. Feeling great! How is everyone else doing? Gungho are you still on it?
I have an event to go to on the 25th (there is going to be some drinking involved, I'll probably try to keep it to wine or vodka.. very carefully and slowly drank.. & have some sort of grilled fish/chicken & whole wheat bread before - the event is at 9) so I want to get down at least another 10 by then so I can fit into one of my dresses. I think that is very possible. Fought numerous cravings & social outings this week and won - there is nothing to compare to waking up the next morning and FEELING like you lost, then checking to see you're down. :D

jc3acny
06-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi Everybody! So, I'm now down 18 pounds...with a few cheat days in between (social engagements), but I've been really having nothing the first part of the day, except a piece of fruit, and then being very careful when I am at the event. It has definitely slowed my progress, but atleast I am going in the right direction! Anyway, the bottom line is, if I follow the protocol and DON'T CHEAT, I lose, lose, lose...I started at 218 and would like to go down to 140, but I already feel great and may change my goal if I get to a place where I feel like "okay, this is it." I found that there is one specific pressure point that doesn't work for me; I mean it's clear that when the beads are in this one particular spot, I am hungry all week, and I really struggle. So, that's all for now...question: I really, really love avocados, but I'm wondering if I should limit them since they are high in fat/calories...any thoughts?

prettyinpink116
06-17-2010, 01:42 PM
I started back on the accu bead diet on Monday 6/14 & I was 271 on Monday & as of yesterday morning i am 261! Down 10 lbs! In 2 day! I know that the numbers aren't going to be as extreme when your bodies done going through "shock" but still you are guerenteed 15lbs a month on this diet! So no matter what 15 lbs will be gone every month & having talked to many woman who have dropped ALOT (over 100lbs) on this diet, most of them said they lost more between 15-20lbs each month & that was with ZERO CHEATS! So my advice to you jc3acny is just try not to ever cheat b/c it will slow the progress down & it will be harder to stay on track, trust me i learned that the hard way. My best friend was the one that put me on this diet, she lost 40lbs in 2 1/2 months& she cheated often(she wud go out drinking like 2 x's a week) but she still lost that weight but I remember Dr. Schwartz told her she wudda def lost it quicker of she hadn't cheated. So thats just some tips I can give from talking to alot of people on this diet that have been very succesfull.

& the avocado I had the same feelings you have about em so I just told myself I'll allow myself to have 1 small one once a week. HOPE I HELPED! :dunno:

Gungho4chigong
06-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Lost 9 1/2 pounds the first week. weighted in tonight at the end of week 2 and only lost 2 pounds. Got discouraged and ate junk food. I am really annoyed at myself. Really wish I hadn't cheated.

Starrynight
06-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey guys! Congrats prettyinpink for the loss! Jc3any - have you talked to the doc about this? It just may need to be adjusted.
I'm down to 165 :carrot: Yes - cheats REALLY mess you up, slows you down..
But I will tell you one thing, if you have a cheat, don't do what I've done in the past which is feel immensely guilty and throw the whole day away. Or if you MUST cheat - do it with something as clean and lean as possible like chicken or grilled fish with no oils.. for some reason if I cheat with grilled chicken I still lose the next day - not as much mind you, but still a substantial amount like .5 or .8 lbs. Actually since my last post, I have lost 5 lbs, would have lost more but the thing is I had two days of cheating but it was with chicken and whole grain rice. Next day it was tuna & cheese. I was really full with only a little bit of it.. pay attention to that if you cheat b/c sometimes your mind wants to keep eating b/c its used to eating more, but your body is full. Bottom line is this - don't get discouraged if you cheat! This is what I've done and it is just a downward spiral. If you cheat, pretend it didn't happen, drink a LOT of water, have some tea, coffee, etc and then start over tomorrow. If you do this, the stall is short-lived.
I actually have avocados fairly often and I still lose the next day. I think they are great because remember that even though its "fatty" it's healthy fat and will only support the body, especially with a diet this low-cal I think avocados are perfect. I usually make a guacamole and mix it in with salad or use lettuce to "pick up" the guacamole. It's a very indulgent experience for the senses, but not on the scale!
Oh - 3 weeks in, total of 13 lbs lost. Not bad given that I cheated about 4 times..

prettyinpink116
06-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks starrynight as of this morning I am down 15lbs since Monday the 1st day I started! Im soo happy! :cp: Now I know after the 1st week the lbs will be less but as long as I stay on track to the T..i will be losing!& Gungho4chigong dont feel too bad just get up, dust yourself off & get right back on track & don't think twice about you messing up. Do you know how many times I attempted this diet & messed up? ALOT! at least 5 times...but once you have it in your mind that you WILL NOT mess up again & YOU CAN DO IT..you will be good to go. :) Anytime I feel like I want to cheat I just think about the words Dr. Schwartz said "Nothing taste as good as thin feels". Its a great saying & it does work! Good luck you can do it!

Starrynight
06-20-2010, 06:01 PM
:carrot: Yay, congrats Pretty! Yeah I've tried this diet many times too, succeeded in it once but didn't continue on with the last 10-15 lbs and instead just started picking up bad eating habits in college (ugh). Gained it back over the span of a year!
Your taste palette changes completely once you enter into your 3rd - 4th week. Cravings are GONE! You feel grossed out when you see something with high sugar and all the processed foods (at least I do) and if you cheat and eat something like that, your body HATES IT! You taste every chemical and ever gram of sugar and it feels gross! You feel instant bloat and it sucks. You just want to go back to eating "clean" and if you have cravings it will be for something fresh and simple like maybe grilled chicken or fish. It's not that your body will be like this forever obviously, but its great because when you transition you can basically train your body to like a new palette of food that is much healthier and makes your body feel good. It's great bc now you really see the differences in food and how it affects your body/mind.

onegroovychick
06-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi all! I am starting the bead diet this week. Should get them in the mail either today or tomorrow. I have been on the diet before in the past and lost really well. I love that you lose fat! So at 200 lbs, I could wear a 12.
Unfortunately, I lost weight and put it back on and them some. So I started off a few months ago with a medically supervised diet and now want to get the rest off with Accu.
This time, I am getting to goal and it's staying off!

prettyinpink116
06-21-2010, 05:35 PM
thank U starrynight!! Im so happy & it just gives me more motivation to keep on goin!;) & what your saying about food..i can totally see that happening..its like seriously i dnt really even like veggie days besides that I get to eat fruit ( i love me sum green grapes and pineapple! yummm) b/c I dunno i find myself not hungry or like grossed out at the little things...its so weird!!! So if thats happening now...& with veggies...I can only imagine what it will be like in the next couple of weeks OR when Im done with this diet & can eat regular food. Alll wellll...only time will tell ..lol...

& onegroovychick GOOD LUCK!!! just stick exactly to the diet & what it says to do & you will be successful!! Best of luck!
:cool:

onegroovychick
06-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks prettyinpink116 !
My sister did the diet and she went from a 14 to a 6. I am going to stay on plan to get the most effective results and to change those eating habits along the way! You are doing great!

prettyinpink116
06-21-2010, 07:15 PM
thanks groovychic! love that name by the way :) You will do great too!

Starrynight
06-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Hey groovychick how's the diet going so far?
Prettyinpink - yeah veggie days can be a little annoying sometimes especially when there aren't enough ingredients it seems to make anything good. Problem is I feel weak if I skip out on veggies, I usuall y just force myself to have a half-bag of those steamable veggie things with a bit of mollymcbutter, salt n black pepper. Recently though, guacamole has been amazing! I usually maek some of that using the AW recipe online and use it to put in my salads.. I just mix it around with the lettuce and everything & I end up wanting more! It's really good.. sometimes I use lettuce as a "chip" and dip it in the gaucamole.
Well enough about my love for gaucamole..
I have been without a scale for the whole week, but my clothes are fitting me looser so I know I'm losing. I tried on a pair of size 11 jeans that fit me before and I was surprised I could pull it up! I just can't button it yet but I know that's only a matter of a couple lbs! Waiting for TOM to subside too, I might be able to wear those jeans next week and that is exciting~! I did cheat on Saturday (family had a guest over and forced me to eat or I'd have been "rude".) which was also when TOM started. Since then I've been on track, only went overboard with fruit and SF candy but other than that, I've been on track.. still I definitely slowed down right after the cheat, but no use to look back because I'm on my way! I feel SO motivated with how my clothes are fitting and looking on me! :carrot:
Good luck with everyone else!

onegroovychick
06-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Received my beads, but not going to start until Sunday. I have a few engagements to attend, and don't want to self sabotage myself. Can't wait to get started, tho'. Want to get 20-25lbs off by the end of July.

Hope everyone is doing great!

misoi
06-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi, I've been a lurker for quite some time and I randomly discovered this thread. This pressure-point diet is so incredibly intriguing! I was wondering how exactly does it work? From looking over the forum I've come to understand that you have beads placed behind your ears which reduces your cravings.

How does the diet aspect work? What exactly isn't allowed?
Thank you for any help regarding my questions =)

prettyinpink116
06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
misoi you can check out the website its accuweightdotcom theres a number on there you can call...every Monday I beleive they have a phone orientation where someone goes over everything the diet consists of..you should check it out!

You should get all the info your looking for! & if you have any more questions just ask!!

Starrynight
06-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Just wanted to share that my size 11 jeans now fit :D
I don't have my scale with me though so I can only estimate what I think my weight is at, based on previous times I've lost.. :dizzy: Hopefully my mom will drop off the scale this week.
But yeah.. yay! I still need to lose like.. maybe 2 more lbs before I feel comfortable to wear them around (gives me a muffin top unless I wear something loose over it).

prettyinpink116
06-27-2010, 12:54 PM
You go Starrynight!! CONGRATS!!

:cheer2: :cheer3: :woohoo:

Starrynight
07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks PrettyinPink :carrot:
I don't know what I weigh, still haven't jumped on the scale but actually I'm sorta liking not checking my weight everyday.. I usually obsess and for some reason it sets me up for a cheat. Now I'm just like.. "hmm, I know I'm getting smaller, my clothes are looser, people are commenting on my loss.. I will be done in no time! Forget about the cheat, let's see how much I'll weigh next week if I keep this up!"
So all is going well.

How is everyone else doing? Updates pleaaase :D

ALso what is everyone doing for the 4th of July? I have Veggie/Fruit days Friday and Saturday.. so I'm a little confused about Sunday.. I might just stick with grilled chicken/fish and veggies but I'm wondering if I even want to slow myself down..

misoi
07-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I have a question, does a veggie or fruit day mean you eat -just- that?

onegroovychick
07-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Jeez...just started and having a tough time. I have been thinking about adding Phentermine as well to help with cravings. Would that be okay?

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great 4th of July!

prettyinpink116
07-05-2010, 03:34 AM
I just got home...i was gone since Monday morning had to leave town asap b/c of a family emergency in NJ & Im in PA...I just got back home about 25 mins ago & am scared to get on the scale & weight myself tomorrow b/c I was not on the diet at all when I was up there in NJ. Everyone in my family is skinny so noone has to worry about weight PLUS my mom is so against this bead diet she thinks ima die from it so I'm not even telling her im on it! So the whole time im up there everyone's BBQ'ing & drinking &, while I tried my best not to go "crazy" I wasn't exactly being super health conscious either..plus it was a family death & it was so sad & serious up there that I felt like me requesting grilled chicken instead of a beef burger was just so unnecessary or meaningless at a time like that..I dunno..am i making sense??? Anyway I got back a little bit ago & Im getting right back on my diet tomorrow.....I just felt like telling everyone where I was :) lol

to misoi yes thats all you may have...on veggie days you are allowed up to 1 &1/2 (24 oz) of vegetables (but no starchy ones like potatoes,corn..etc..) & 2 pieces of fruit & you can only eat between 12pm-6pm...but you can have as much 0 calorie liquids as you want :) Hope i helped & to one groovy chic i don't know if thats a good idea bc once it fades away your hunger may intensify....I took a diet pill once on a milk day I almost felt like i was gonna pass out throughout the entire day & I had the most excruciating headache as well...must've been from all that caffeine...but that was my experience, you may be different though..plus im sensitive to caffeine..

hope i helped!

onegroovychick
07-05-2010, 10:05 AM
prettyinpink116 so sorry to hear about the death in your family. You will be ok. Just get back on program starting with your milk days. You are doing so well.

I hate being fat, but I am soooo sick of dieting too. Eating, not eating, crazy offbeat diets. I often feel isolated and alone cuz most social functions evolve around eating.

If my insurance paid for it, I would have the gastric bypass or band. It's not a covered benefit for my insurance. The odds are not that great for losing the weight and keeping it off when someone has been as heavy as me. Majority of my life. Oneday, hopefully I can get it off and oneday people will see past the weight and just SEE ME. I hate being judged by others cuz I am fat. (especially men)

Just needed to vent, I guess.

Enjoy your day!

Starrynight
07-05-2010, 11:09 AM
PrettyinPink - Sorry to hear about the death.. hope everything's alright! Yeah I get what you mean about requesting a different food.. with your mom, maybe you could reassure her by having your numbers checked by a doctor periodically? I have actually met nurses on this diet and heard of doctors actually recommending this diet to people - our medical system is not really the end-all to all medical systems, people all over the world practice different techniques that others might jump on over here.

I had a bad weekend as well.. usually if I cheat with protein then I'm not so bad, but I went sorta nuts this weekend. I'm currently fighting cravings right now.. I know a lot of it is from the sugar and being re-introduced to it.
I miss how I feel when I'm on the diet though which is healthy, energetic, etc.. It's weird though, my weight jumped up so much.. I know I'm extremely bloated and I'm trying to not let it get to my head because I can still put on clothes and look somewhat the same, but still really bloated.. my jeans were tight as is and now even tighter with the bloat, so that's given me incentive to start today and not look back.

OneGroovy - I know how you feel, I've been battling weight since as far as I can remember. Don't add the phentermine though.. trust me, get over the first week cheat-free and you'll see how the cravings subside. Right now in the beginning, your body is getting rid of the last of all the sugars, chemicals, and other things that can be addictive and cause your body to want more. The best thing for me was to have tea & honey.. and on milk days, a bit of cocoa powder mixed in with my coffee if I was having chocolate cravings (it really works!). But I hear you.. I'm tired too, so tired of dieting. I want this to be my last real time dieting.. I want to wear a bikini for once and not worry too much about my weight and how big I look.

I'm feeling cravings right now after the cheat (cheats are not worth it at all). and for a second I thought "Screw it, I'll start tomorrow" - but we all know how that ends up. So I'm forcing myself to get through a milk day today and I'm going on the treadmill to just walk for an hour. Drinking tons of water too. I'm setting a goal of 25-30 by the end of August.. that will put me in a good position.. around 140ish which was my lowest ever.

Good luck everyone and be strong! We can DO this! :carrot:

misoi
07-06-2010, 12:48 AM
I see, thank you so much Prettyinpink :)

prettyinpink116
07-06-2010, 06:13 PM
THANK U SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONDOLENCES!!!

Starrynight do you think you cheated bc of the holiday weekend??? I know that has happened to me before....Well now you have the motivation to go on and not look back!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)

& too onegroovychick trust me U DO NOT want to go that route!! I known 4 people that got that done, my aunt, my ex bosses daughter, a coworker of mine & my friends dad...My friends dad died from complications, my bosses daugter lost so much weight so quickly she lookd horrible & sunk in...& when My aunt had it done and she had some serious complications and she has to pee in a bag now..& last year I worked with a kid same age as me (22) & he went & got it done...he was like 400lbs before he got it done & lemme just tell you he would eat eat eat!! We worked at 7-11 so you can imagine all the junk food in that place!!! Anyways he went ahead & got it done & yea he lost a WHOLE lot of weight in like 2-3 months, but lemme tell you, he would still eat & eat but b/c his stomach was so small he was CONSTANTLY throwing up in the bathroom...when we would work together he would spend most of the time in the bathroom..it was so gross...So my point is gastric bypass, yes it def makes you lose weight but look what your doing to yourself???? It, in my opinion, makes you in worse shape then you were in before. It doesn't teach you how to eat that's why it backfires on alot of people bc they haven't changed there bad eating habits. Im not trying to sound like a know it all here I'm just trying to share the experiences that I have seen when it came to that surgery.

I know its hard TRUST ME! But realize that this diet is only temporary & if you stick to it 100% you will lose all the weight you need to lose in no time!!

I just got back on yesterday & yes today's pretty tough but just do mental exercises, take a long bath, look at magazines with thin pretty woman, go on you tube & watch videos of thin healthy people (those are the things i do :) lol) & everyday that goes by that you don't cheat.. when you hit that pillow at night you will be so proud of yourself!!!! Good luck u can do it!! Were all here to support eachtoher!!

:hug:

onegroovychick
07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
I am restarting tomorrow or Friday. My first set of beads were a waste. Ugh!!! My brother actually had the surgery. Out of my 4 other siblings, me and him are the only ones with obesity issues. He lost 100 lbs and is doing well. I think part of it is because his wife is a nurse at University of PA.

Anyways, my insurance doesn't cover it, so back to The Bead Diet!

Have a great day!
Rub, breathe and drink your water!

prettyinpink116
07-07-2010, 10:19 PM
One Groovy Chic why were your 1st set of beads a waste? Just have faith and know that you will succeed on this diet!! Don't be so negative or hard on yourself. Trust me I had a really tough tough day today like BEYOND TOUGH b/c of the heat maybe??? but I got through it! I just kept telling myself THIS WILL ALL BE OVER SOON! & just keep telling yourself "that food ain't going anywhere, It will be there 4 months from now" that helps me. Theres a few really good quotes on the google groups website, heres some:
"NOTHING TASTE AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS"
"CHEATING IS NOT AN OPTION"
"THE SCALE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND"
THIS DIET IS ONLY TEMPORARY"
"YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT"
these are some great quotes that i typed up and printed them out and stuck one on my dresser on my mirror, one on the fridge and one in the bathroom..they do work!!! DO worry groovy chick it gets better!!

onegroovychick
07-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks prettyinpink116!
Just a little down on myself, I guess. I lost 40lbs before starting back on Accu-Weight. So I am just a little stuck. Thing is, I started losing and then the holidays get me a little down. I haven't made any friends in CA yet and the men I have met, act as though I have the plague.

Today will start a new day! I sent off for my second bead placement(I have the beads, but not the diagram) I will go stock up on my foods and milk supplies and will start again tomorrow! I am postponing my trip to visit family in PA until September because I want to be in onederland. I will do it!

Thanks again!

prettyinpink116
07-12-2010, 02:32 PM
onegroovychick don't worry you will do it!! Don't be so hard on yourself and just know and beleive that you can DO IT!!!! Being fat does suck so much lol but you know what we will win this battle of the bulge so that's what I'm looking forward to. So I wanted to ask you are you doing the program long distance? Or do you go to the meetings? I was just curious. Take care!

:)

onegroovychick
07-13-2010, 05:19 AM
prettyinpink116
I am originally from PA. Lived in AZ or 9 years and moved to CA at the end of 2008. I am long distance. I was going to fly east for a visit in August, but since I am not in onderland, going to wait until September.
How are you doing on the diet?
Are you on accu-mail as well?

BrillanteLuna70
07-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Hi everyone, I hope it's ok that I join your group?

I was on Accuweight 2 years ago, lost about 30 lbs, got pregnant had a baby girl, and am now on it again.

I was up to 300 lbs when I went back, did the diet for a week (12 days) and lost 15 lbs.

I'm now at 285 and started this past week in a new office they opened in Clark NJ.

My friend did this program for 6 mo, dropped from 200 to 130 (60 lbs lost),
did the maintenance program for about a year (2 diet days a week) and now does no diet days anymore and has stayed at 130 for about 3 years now.

I'm really encouraged to find this group. This is my very first post, so if I'm missing something or doing something, feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

prettyinpink116
07-15-2010, 03:43 PM
onegroovychick What part of PA are you from? Im living in PA now, originally from NJ but moved over here for my b.f. LOL thats so funny that you won't visit until your in onderland bc i feel the same way about going to visit my friends & family in NJ too! lol :p but im not on the accu mail list, I was when I 1st attempted this diet but now im on my own & have my own beads i use..& its working bc im doing real good :)

to mary2010 & whoever else wants to know lol
Anyways im doing really good on my diet I last weighed in on sunday the 11th & I was down 17lbs in 6 days on this diet! I know its the beggining & the #'s arent going to always be soo dramatic like this but still..im so happy & was enough to make me keep going!! Im weighing in again on Monday the 19th. I try & weigh myself once a week :)

& BrillanteLuna70 WELCOME!!!! :)

How is everyone else doing???

"WE CAN DEFEAT THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE!"

lmadam
07-15-2010, 09:25 PM
I just got my beads today and I am starting tomorrow! i am really excited. I have 50lbs to lose. Wish me luck!
leesa

adhwright
07-15-2010, 09:38 PM
PrettyinPink116: I am considering starting the long distance version of this diet and was wondering where you get the beads on your own? Thanks in advance!

onegroovychick
07-15-2010, 11:22 PM
prettyinpink116
I am originally from Montgomery County. Outside of Philly. My sister and brother live in Joisey.

So nice to see more posters on the board. Not too overwhelming, but enough for a little more support!
So, things are going well. I will weigh in on Monday.
I so prefer milk days over veggie! In recommendations on easy quick veggie dishes?

prettyinpink116
07-19-2010, 04:37 PM
lmadam GOOD LUCK U CAN DO IT!!! :dance:

onegroovychick JOISEY lol...I've never been to Philly but heard its beautiful :)

It is soo nice to see more people on the board! The more the merrier & we all support eachother! :hug:

I like milk days bc I am obsessed with coffee & Folgers makes flavored coffee that is soooo good. I was never a fan of flavored coffee grinds until I started trying Folgers & i was impressed! I currently have Hazelnut Creme, Chocolate Truffle & Creme Brule. They are soo good. I also have a bunch of different flavors of Torani sugar free syrups like Raspberry,Blueberry,Caramel, Chocolate & Vanilla So I have a lot of fun on Milk days! LOL & I usually flavor my yogurt with sugar-free jello & freeze it for about an hour & it becomes like a thick custardy frozen treat. :)

i also like veggie days b/c you actually get to eat! I love fruit & I usually make a fruit cocktail with fresh strawberry's,blueberries & pineapple. I also just recently discovered an amazing thing called cauliflower rice & I'm telling you right now it is amazing! It has a little more of a nuttier texture then rice but its soooo good. I have my own recipe for it so if you would like to try it I posted the recipe right after this post. I also love avocado with lime&salt & plantains so lately on my veggie days I just been eating my cauliflower rice with some avocado & plantains & its really really good. It doesn't even taste like diet food! ;)

So i weighed myself today & lost 4 lbs since last week. So that's 21 lbs since I started back on July 5th. I am very happy about that! :dizzy:

How is everyone else doing????

prettyinpink116
07-19-2010, 05:12 PM
:) MY tasty cauliflower rice recipe :)

INGREDIENTS
• 1/2 cup chopped white onion
• 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
• 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
• 2 tsp minced garlic (I used the stuff from the jar)
• 1/2 head of cauliflower with the leaves cut off
• 2-4 tbs green onions/scallions sliced
• Braggs liquid amino acids
• Vegetable Stock
• 0 calorie olive oil cooking spray(or whatever flavor 0 cal cooking spray U like, i always use olive oil)

*There are 2 ways you can get cauliflower rice. You can put it in a food processor or you can use a cheese grater & grate it. I use a cheese grater.

*Take the cauliflower head & grate it until you are finished. You should now have what looks very similar to white rice (like this http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HcL5vFVI7Rk/StOOZGHxVeI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/EeKCX0W0psQ/s400/rice.JPG) Set aside.

*Another tip is to try & chop all your veggies before you start to cook. This saves a lot of time & just makes things easier :)

DIRECTIONS
1. Spray a large pan with a good amount of cooking spray & put on medium heat.
2. Take white onions & red peppers & add them to the pan.
3. Saute for 5-7 mins till soft & onions are a little brown.
4. Add tomatoes & garlic & cook for another 5 mins
5. Spray the pan again with cooking spray & add cauliflower.
6. Cook cauliflower for about 15-25 mins until its soft, stirring very frequent. Keep the heat on medium-medium high.
7. While cooking & stirring cauliflower you may add about 2-3 tbs of veggie stock (or as much as you like) at a time. Its not necessary but I use this to add a little moisture to the cauliflower & prevent it from sticking. If you don’t have veggie stock, water will work just fine.
8. When cauliflower is almost done, add the Braggs liquid amino acids. I only add about 1-2 tbs of Braggs b/c it is salty & has a strong taste so you do not need a lot for the flavor. But you can adjust to your taste.
9. Add your scallions, mix very well & cook for another 2-3 mins.
10. SERVE & ENJOY!!!!

I kept reading about cauliflower rice & after watching a bunch of youtube videos on how to make it I decided to give it a shot & I am so happy I did!! It is sooooooo tasty & DOES NOT taste like cauliflower whatsoever. The trick is to make sure the cauliflower is cooked thoroughly & to season it just right. The thing that I was going for was trying to make it taste & look as much like Spanish rice or fried rice as I could. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! I usually eat this with cut up avocado & tomato & some “un”fried plantains. They all go great together! I even added a little hot sauce & it tasted great! You can add this to your soups too! HAPPY COOKING!! :)

**You may also use whatever veggies you want. These were just the ones I chose to use & it came out excellent. But I did watch one video where a guy added everything from cut up carrots to green peppers to broccoli...etc. So No veggies are off limits here! (Except for the starchy ones hehe)

**If you don't know what Braggs liquid amino acids is heres a picture of it http://www.fruitsandroots.co.za/files/images/braggs.jpg & you can purchase it at a health food store, atleast thats the only place I can find it by me.
It taste very similar to soy sauce & is great on just about anything! So since we are not allowed soy sauce this is a fantastic substitute! Taste very similar & is 0 calorie! ;)

BrillanteLuna70
07-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Hi everyone, I go in tomorrow to get weighed in and get my new beads. I behaved today and pulled a milk day...will let you know my results....Keep going everyone, once we finish this diet, we are DONE!!!! :carrot:

prettyinpink116
07-20-2010, 01:31 PM
GOOD LUCK BrillanteLuna70 you can do it!!!
:cheer:

BrillanteLuna70
07-20-2010, 06:56 PM
OK I'm happy, I'm down 4 lbs...not bad...I am setting short goals for myself, so I can stay on track. I'm going to see my BFF this coming Tuesday, so I want to try to be down about 8 lbs.

One of the things today's doctor said to me was --

What is your WHY. WHY do you want to lose the weight. The WHY is what will stop you from putting the extra food in your mouth and keep you on plan.

I didn't have an amazing answer. Right now I just want to fit in a ride next to my kids at the amusement park. My WHY is that. Also, that I know I'm just too big.

:D

onegroovychick
07-21-2010, 02:24 AM
BrillanteLuna70 I love that!
What is my WHY?
To be fit by 40 (next March)
To date and feel attractive again.
To be healthy...and DANG get into a single digit size LOL

Down 5 lbs last week. Just keeping focused.

prettyinpink116 You are doing AWESOME! I am going to attempt your recipe. Sounds yummy!

BrillanteLuna70
07-21-2010, 04:26 PM
OnegroovyChick, I'm with you on being fit by 40. I just want to get this weight down and back to where I was feeling better. Not skinny, but just comfortable. I feel my bones "creeeeek" when I get up....never used to happen.... Your goal of single digit...I've never been a single digit in my life. That sounds surreal to me. What ever I can do to help you get there, I will do it!!! 5lbs down, that's GREAT news!

Prettyinpink116, you are an inspiration, how often do you change the beads? every 7 or 10 days?

BrillanteLuna70
07-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Would anyone like to offer their favorite recipe?

Today I sauteed spinach and mushrooms and poured a little of Braggs on it...
I slice some avocado and voila, a quick and tasty meal....

prettyinpink116
07-22-2010, 06:30 PM
awwwwww thank u BrillanteLuna70 & congrats on your -4lbs! :cb: & I love that "WHAT IS YOUR WHY? That's actually very clever & gives me something to ask myself when my boyfriend is eating amazing smelling food in the other room!! LOL! & my favorite recipe is my cauliflower rice. I posted the recipe on the page before this one I beleive page 8. That & plantains pan fried in olive oil cooking spray & avocado with tomato,lime & salt. YUMMM! :T

onegroovychick thank u!! :) You're doing great too!! & The cauliflower rice...I hope you like it!! I know I will be eating that on every single one of my veggie days b/c I love it that much! LOL I even have to make extra b/c my boyfriend loves it too! Which is amazing b/c he doesn't like any veggies except corn & broccoli covered in butter! Uhhh wish I had his metabolism lololol.

Well definitely lemme know what you think & if you have any tips to make it taste better or any other yummy recipes in general!

& BrillanteLuna70 I change my beads like every 5 days

sophiesnowangel
07-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Hi all! I had been reading this thread and just joined.

I got my first beads yesterday and had an ease-into-today which is a milk day. I planned for this and I am excited about losing the extra weight. I would like to lose 20 lbs. by Labor Day but it seems ambitious. I am flying cross country to go on a hiking camping girl's weekend for a few days in August. The only saving grace is that my hosts are vegetarians. Look forward to being a member of this group.

lasekou
07-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Hello everyone!
I just started the program yesterday. I'm looking to lose about 30lbs. This thread has truly been motivational, it's was got me to finally get going and stop procrastinating. Reading about everyone's progress keeps me focused.

BrillanteLuna70
07-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi sophiesnowangel and lasekou!!! How are you doing!!! how's it going so far!!!! I'm excited to see more people online....write as much as you want!!!

prettyinpink116
07-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Welcome sophiesnowangel & lasekou!!! Goodluck on your weight loss journey! You Can Do It! Were all here to support eachother :hug:

lasekou
07-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks Prettyinpink116 and BirllianteLuna70 for the warm welcome. I'm on first milk day. I'm a lil cranky but I'll get through it :dizzy:

prettyinpink116
07-28-2010, 03:40 PM
lasekou DON'T WORRY it does get better! After getting through the 1st week, the rest is a breeze & the weight comes of so fast it'll be even more motivation to stick to it and not cheat! Were all here if you need help or advice! ;)

lasekou
07-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks again. I'll need all the motivation and advice I can get. Reading your blog was a big help. I don't think I'm as lucky as you, losing 10lbs in 3 days. I still haven't weighed myself, I'm going to wait until Friday. Hopefully I'll be at the 10lb benchmark (fingers crossed).

sophiesnowangel
07-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome! I had my first day away from home and as I am only on my third day since getting my first set of beads I wasn't sure how I was going to cope. I did manage lunch in a deli with plain yogurt and an iced tea. I have no urges or hunger which I think is good but the yogurt was disgusting and expensive to boot!

I weigh every morning to keep myself honest. I also need to be careful about drinking too much caffeine at night.

I know I will make this first week, I don't want to blow what I have done so far!

prettyinpink116
07-29-2010, 04:52 PM
lasekou is it my blog you said you read? if it is, I'm glad I can motivate you. :) & about the 10lbs in 3 days, weight loss is really dramatic the first week, so who knows you may lose more then you think! ;) Also if you're really heavy like I was when I 1st started (still am but not 4 long!!) The weight loss tends to be more as well. I know when my best friend did it, she started at 166 & she lost about -6lbs the 1st week then a steady -3lbs a week after that. But she said when she was at the meetings there was a guy that was around 330lbs & the 1st week he lost 25lbs! So that's why my weight loss was most likely alot the 1st week as well. But either way your guaranteed 15lbs a month on this diet! So even if you lose 1 lb one week, you are still guaranteed -15lbs down by the end of the month!:carrot: That's what helps me! No matter what, you will be -15 less then you were the month before, but alot of people lose more too! So I know,sticking to this diet I will be at my goal by the new year! & If I'm lucky I can get there sooner! :)

sophiesnowangel what type of yogurt do you buy? I buy the big container of Dannon plain yogurt for only like $2.49 @ Walmart. You also can flavor it with so many things to make it taste so good. I flavor mine with sugar-free jello powder, cherry is my favorite! But there's so many different flavors that jello makes. Sometimes I put in in the freezer for about an hour & becomes a thick custardy frozen treat! So yummmm!! I also eat it with some splenda & cinnamon, or sugar-free coffee syrups, or sugar-free coco powder with some splenda, that makes it taste like a chocolaty dessert! There's just alot of options to make it taste so good! I hope i was some help! :hug:

lasekou
07-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Yes Prettyinpink116 it's your blog that I've been reading (yup read today's entry). Thank you for putting things in perspective for me. I wake up every morning looking for results which isn't realistic. I don't feel or look like I've lost any weight yet so I start thinking maybe it's not working. I've been terrified to weigh myself, fearing that I'll get discouraged. But thanks to you I will be weighing myself tomorrow and keeping in mind that as long as I lose 15lbs this month that I have made progress. :cheer2:

sophiesnowangel
07-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Prettyinpink 116i bought Stonyfield which is fine with the Walden strawberry syrup also in shakes with the yogurt. I am not a chocolate girl so this is good.

Still experimenting with what works for me. I have also drained the yogurt it in a coffee filter which changed the consistency.and added spices to it for a different taste. Today was my first veggie day and I feel like I cheated because of the solid food! The hard part for me will be when I am on the road for business, can't completely control my choices.

onegroovychick
07-30-2010, 01:18 AM
Hi all!
Hope everyone is doing well.
Had a great 9 day cycle. Lost 9lbs! 14 lbs total this month!
Need to update the ticker.
I love the milk days, but the veggie days...ugh! I did try the cauliflower rice and like it.
Prettyinpink116 I read your blog too. Very inspiring!!!

Tomorrow is my first appointment with a psychotherapist that specializes in eating issues. I am going to tackle that aspect of my life along with the weight loss. Plus, I have been really down lately and feel the need to talk to someone.

Have a great weekend. And welcome sophiesnowangel & lasekou!!!

BrillanteLuna70
07-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Onegroovychick that's GREAT news!!!! You're encouraging me!!! I'm down another 2 lbs since last week, (I'm weak on the weekends) but I'm going shopping today to get things to keep me honest. I'm happy you are going to talk to someone, it really does help and that person can help you remember to focus on YOU. I did that before and it can really get you out of a rut.

Today's another milk day for me.....

Tip I got from the office I go to....I'm weak at night, when I'm cooking dinner (for 5 people)....Take those LISTERINE strips, put one on your tongue. That will change your taste buds for a few hours and will change the taste of any food you're trying to put in your mouth. Will help you stay away from "Junk"

onegroovychick
07-30-2010, 11:23 AM
BrillanteLuna70 Thank you! It's been a hard month!
You said its hard for you on the weekends? Do you completely go off of the diet, or do you nibble here and there?
Just take one day at a time and remember, that everytime you nibble, it takes like 3 days to get your body back into the zone. We can do this!:)

A guy that I met last year and started dating(briefly) Has been back in touch. At the time my weight was in the 240's. We spoke last week and he mentioned that he would like to get together sometime soon. That is now part of my motivation. Bad, I know! I want to be as close to onderland as possible when I see him.

Another reason that I am trying to lose weight is that whenever, I meet the right man, I want to be healthy to start having a family. Hopefully in the next 2-3 years or so. After 43, I don't want to have children. I was married and with my exhusband for 10 years and we didn't have children. As I approach 40, I realized that I would like to have at least one child. I have been divorced now since 2006, separated since 2005. I thought someone would come along, and noone did. That is when the weight started to pile on. Ugh!!!! I also developed allergic asthma and couldn't get it under control, so after many rounds of steriods, the weight piled on as well.

The funny thing is that, I excel at my career, including having a successful business. ( Very type A personality) And I always look fashionable. People think that I have it completely together and live the "single girl life"! Only a few friends know how lonely I am and that I struggle with being overweight. I know it could be worse...I am very grateful for what I have everyday!

Anyway, off to my appointment.
Have an AWESOME DAY!!!

BrillanteLuna70
08-01-2010, 08:14 AM
OneGroovyChick YES I'm a nibbler. I'm usually great until about 5 pm, when I have to start getting dinner ready for 5 people (not myself). So either I'm cooking from scratch or reheating it, and the process of HANDLING the food is very tempting. So cooking, serving, sitting to make sure everyone eats, then cleaning up, storing and finally cleaning the kitchen at the end, I don't finish till about 8 pm. Not all the 5 people eat at the same time, so sometimes I have 2 iterations of serving and sitting and cleaning.

So, I nibble. or I will eat the leftovers, b/c "it's just a spoon or two left", etc.

I don't know why I don't curb the impulse. It's been 2 weeks I'm in the 280s and I know I don't have to be. I have a vacation coming up at the end of the month so I want to drop 20 by then. That's my short term goal.

I did well y'day with a veggie day, but was up 3 lbs this morning. Didn't drink my water though.

I'm happy for you OneGroovyChick, it sounds exciting to be meeting this guy again. I think it's a great goal and a great incentive to drop the pounds. Biggest thing though, is onederland, it really reduces your risks to health complications.

I am also someone who seems to "have it together", successful in business, everyone thinks "great life"....but this is SUCH a struggle for me and I just want it over with now. So I'm on the track to onederland too.

I thought of everyone on this thread actually, when I was so tempted yesterday. I thought, they're doing this, I can do this too!

Well, thanks for the encouragement, and I hope you have a great weekend. Will check in another couple of days...

Sonjabel
08-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi, My name is Sonja and I have just found out about this diet. One of my friends posted on her facebook that she has lost 60 pounds in 6 weeks. I called her and asked her what she has gotten herself into, she had tried so many diets and never won at any of them. I was just so impressed. She told me about the bead diet and I just wanted to do some research...cuz that's who I am!LOL!
Anyway, I have read this whole blog and I wanted to tell you ladies and I am truly inspired by the way you all care for one another. I love the way you make sure that you know that you are in it to win it! Keep going and I will be here to cheer you on! Good Job, and please tell me what onederland is! :-)

BrillanteLuna70
08-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Hi Sonja, thanks so much. And congrats to your friend for 60 pounds! UNBELIEVABLE. Best wishes for her continued success! Please write in anytime, this is the only thread I'm in. I'm looking to talk to people that see things from my perspective.

Thing is you don't feel hungry, and you're activating the hypothalamus so that later on you can stay at that weight....I don't know that it's right for everyone, but I've dieted since I was 13, and I'm almost 40 and really BELIEVE this is the one that will work for me. Name it, I've done it.

beaddiet.com/orientation.html

welcome!

prettyinpink116
08-02-2010, 06:28 PM
lasekou I'm glad I can help! & trust me I know how you feel about not feeling like you lost any weight b/c I feel the same way. My pants still fit me from when I was 299 & I am currently 240, that's 59lbs down! I mean granted there looser&baggier but they still fit! So it can be a little discouraging like Maaaannn When AM I going to really see these results!! so I can def relate to what your saying. I dunno how much weight you have to lose but I got about 80 more lbs to go so I just keep saying to myself ONLY A FEW MORE MONTHS & I'LL BE A WHOLE NEW PERSON! Same goes to you! Just a little bit longer till the brand new YOU! ;)

sophiesnowangel LOL i feel like I cheat on veggie days too! hahaha & I love Walden Farms products! On milk days I've added the strawberry & chocolate syrup to my milk to make a strawberry/chocolate milkshake..yummmm so good. I've also done that too, drained the yogurt thru a coffee filter. There was a recipe in the google groups called "Fried Cheese" where you drain the yogurt through a coffee filter over night, then the next day you pan fried it to make like a fried cheese. I attempted to do this & it did work, but it shrunk the yogurt down & I only had like 2 little pieces so it wasn't very filling, LOL. & when you go on the road for business, just bring your stuff with you! If its a veggie day put your food in a lunchbox or if its a milk day put the milk in a thermos or something like that! i dunno just a suggestion that may help you. I know its hard but just remember THIS DIET IS ONLY TEMPORARY & YOU CAN & WILL DO IT! :hug:

onegroovychick CONGRATS!!:congrat: THATS SO AWESOME!! & I'm glad I can inspire you!!! I love your quote that you have on the bottum of your posts,that inspires me!! :) Im happy 4 U that your meeting a guy soon ...oooooooooooooo & great motivation to stay strong! Before you know it you will be at your goal weight!!!

Sonjabel WELCOME!! & Congrats to your friend! That's awesome!!! 60 pounds in 6 weeks is amazing. So if you have any questions feel free to ask!! Anyone one of us on this thread will be happy to answer. :) & Onederland is when your outta the 200's & your in the 100's (right ladies?) :dizzy:

onegroovychick
08-03-2010, 02:20 AM
Happy August Everyone!
Just wondering...I have been experiencing leg cramps. BADLY!
Has anyone else experienced these?

lomalindarn
08-03-2010, 04:36 AM
My pants still fit me from when I was 299 & I am currently 240, that's 59lbs down! Prettyinpink116

See, Pretty, this tells me that you have lost water, water, water, but not the fat. Fat is very space consuming, and if you lost 59 lbs. of fat, you definitely should not be able to wear the same pants.

I am not a weigher myself and just go by size. So, the question is how many pant sizes have you dropped?

lomalindarn
08-03-2010, 04:42 AM
onegroovychic, cramping, especially and commonly in the legs, is indicative of a potassium deficiency, and since this diet is stripping so much, I am not surprised that you are experiencing leg cramps.

Next fruit and veggie day, eat a banana, which is packed with potassium. Heck, eat 2 bananas.

prettyinpink116
08-03-2010, 02:29 PM
lomalindarn I own ZERO pairs of jeans so I'm going by my black office type pants. ( I been working outta my house the past 4 months so I don't go anywhere & wear lots of sweats & tank tops) They were extremely tight, barely able to zip up when I was 299 & I put em on last week & they were really loose & baggy everywhere, I could fit my whole hand & arm inside them, but technically yea they still kinda fit. I measured my waist today & lost 7 inches since day 1(7/5) so now I'm 46 inches around. I have no clue what exact pant size I am, for all I know I could've very well lost a size or 2 but I don't know exactly & I'm not going clothes shopping till I reach my goal.(my boyfriends buying me a whole new wardrobe as a gift to me when I reach my goal :carrot:) The pants that i said still fit me were a size 22W but I usually wore a 24/26, those were just a big size 22. I was 299 in December of 2009 & lost 30 lbs on my own through dieting & exercising but it was taking too long & I wanted results to come faster. So that's when I started this diet on July 5th @ 267 & as of July 31st I am 240. Talk about fast results! So whether its water weight or pure fat I am just happy to see that # go down on the scale & I know it won't be much longer till I can start wearing new clothes :) I'm also aware the bigger you are the more weight you have to lose to where its noticeable. When I was 15 I lost 70lbs in about 3.5-4 months & no1 even noticed my weight loss till I was about 60bs down! SO yea it is a little annoying but i remain positive and know I will do this! SO WILL EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM!! :)

**WE WILL DEFEAT THIS BATTLE OF THE BULGE**

lomalindarn
08-03-2010, 03:05 PM
As far as anyone knows, is there anything comparable to AccuWeight out there?

Earlier in this thread, someone asked where to go get the beads, yourself, if you didn't want to go through AccuWeight. I am very much a "see it/touch it before you buy it" type person, and was wondering the same thing, especially since I don't see any type of refund guarantee attached to this program.

Also, I believe that Starry is correct that the beads can be reused since in the recorded orientation, it is mentioned that the only true purpose for bead replacement was for hygienic reasons. So, what type of adhesive is it that you use, Starry? Reusing the beads, once you have the concept of the diet down, sounds far more economical to me.

But, I'd still like to find somewhere local, i.e. a nutrition store? to go and actually see these beads. Is this program so unique that it doesn't have any bead competition?

prettyinpink116
08-03-2010, 03:59 PM
onegroovychick happy august to you too!

AND EVERYONE ELSE! Lets end the summer with a BANG!! :cool:

**WE WILL DEFEAT THIS BATTLE OF THE BULGE**

lomalindarn
08-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I don't take credit for this, as I found this information on this site, under "Goals" as part of someone's weight loss journey.

She stated that she had read about Super Foods that were most nutritionally sound. When I saw this I wanted to post the list here since I know the Bead Diet is so restrictive.

Here's the list of 14 super foods: blueberries, broccoli, beans, tea, walnuts, soy, oranges, tomatoes, pumpkin, yogurt, spinach, salmon, oats, turkey.

I figured those of you who are following the Bead Diet or any other would find it valuable to add in a super food whenever possible.

lasekou
08-03-2010, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=prettyinpink116;3417281]lasekou I'm glad I can help! & trust me I know how you feel about not feeling like you lost any weight b/c I feel the same way. My pants still fit me from when I was 299 & I am currently 240, that's 59lbs down! I mean granted there looser&baggier but they still fit! So it can be a little discouraging like Maaaannn When AM I going to really see these results!! so I can def relate to what your saying. I dunno how much weight you have to lose but I got about 80 more lbs to go so I just keep saying to myself ONLY A FEW MORE MONTHS & I'LL BE A WHOLE NEW PERSON! Same goes to you! Just a little bit longer till the brand new YOU! ;)
[B]
Thanks, thanks and more thanks. That's just what I needed to hear. :hug:
I'm so crazy wanting to wake up one morning and my pants just fall right off me.Wishful thinking huh?lol Right now they're just a lil looser in the waist, but I keep telling myself "that's progress".

lasekou
08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
This thread is the best thing since I started this diet. Everyone is so warm and helpful. I usually don't post on boards because they can be cliquey or caddy. But not here. I'm so happy to be a part of this team or should I say family? You are all the best!!!

lomalindarn That advice about the potassium is a life saver. I woke up one morning wondering what the heck was going on? I'm adding plantains to my shopping list.

onegroovychick
08-03-2010, 11:29 PM
I will try the potassium the next veggie day. My pants and tops are looser too. But I still look and feel like I weigh 262.

As far as the beads go,"Google" ear pellets. A lot of info will pop up about them. The only thing is about the right placement of where to put them If they are put in the wrong place, you will start losing muscle mass and not fat. But they are really inexpensive.

lomalindarn
08-04-2010, 12:28 AM
I have attempted to contact AccuWeight twice by email and twice by phone, since June. I wonder why they don't respond promptly other than they may be too small an operation to handle the demands. This is another reason why I would like to find some local beads. My nutrition store recommends simply finding a quality accupressurist. I guess if someone is skilled, he/she can address all issues, including weight.

The nutrition store also is selling out of Almased like crazy. They tell me that they can't keep it on the shelves, but I told the manager that a canister of Almased lasts only 5 days and that perhaps that was why it was selling so fast.

The two programs that I find most compelling are Almased and AccuWeight. Still trying to decide between the two.

lomalindarn
08-04-2010, 12:32 AM
After reading through some "Goal!" posts from other forum users, it seems the common theme to achieving their weight loss was sensible food selections, calorie reduction, exercise and TIME! Many of them never used a pill, a shake, a bead, or anything other than the obvious.

It really does make me wonder...

onegroovychick
08-04-2010, 11:00 AM
I have attempted to contact AccuWeight twice by email and twice by phone, since June. I wonder why they don't respond promptly other than they may be too small an operation to handle the demands. This is another reason why I would like to find some local beads. My nutrition store recommends simply finding a quality accupressurist. I guess if someone is skilled, he/she can address all issues, including weight.

The nutrition store also is selling out of Almased like crazy. They tell me that they can't keep it on the shelves, but I told the manager that a canister of Almased lasts only 5 days and that perhaps that was why it was selling so fast.

The two programs that I find most compelling are Almased and AccuWeight. Still trying to decide between the two.

What is Almased? There is another one you may want to check into; The Sadhkin Complex. They say that they are the original bead diet company.

Enjoy your day!:)

onegroovychick
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
After reading through some "Goal!" posts from other forum users, it seems the common theme to achieving their weight loss was sensible food selections, calorie reduction, exercise and TIME! Many of them never used a pill, a shake, a bead, or anything other than the obvious.

My sister lives in Jersey and originally did the diet in 2006/07. She went from a 12 to a 4. I have met Dr. Schwartz when I went back for a visit and went to the office that she went to. She and a few friends did it. Her friends gained back the weight. My sister fluctuates between a 6 and 8 now. I think that the others that went to him can be a little flaky tho'

StephanieM
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM

A lot of us are losing weight that way. It's natural and safe. Our bodies need good food, and deserve to be exercised. And hey, it doesn't cost anything extra unless you want a gym membership ;)

People try other things because they want to lose it easily or quickly. The best and most permanent way is with hard work and making a lifestyle change.

A diet is not a temporary thing, you should be making a change with your life to eat healthy forever, to stay active as long as you can.

nelie
08-04-2010, 01:18 PM

You can also go to the maintainers section. I don't know of any maintainers that used any special 'diet' product or pill as part of their weight loss.

prettyinpink116
08-04-2010, 01:41 PM
lasekou your welcome! & Trustttt me I do the same thing, I wanna wake up & be skinny already!! Especially on really rough days or another example is I just went 5 perfect days & only lost .6, i mean it brought me in the 230's (YAY by the way lol) but I guess I was expecting more (don't know why I mean thats already 28lbs in 30 days! gosh I can be ungrateful lol) But now is the time where i'ma take my advice I gave you earlier & think positive & know that no matter what I will be -15lbs down by the next month :)

Im so happy to be a part of this forum too!! It helps me get through the rough days & it feels good to know that everyone on this forum, or atleast the ones that are doing the diet, understand one another. It definitely feels like were a little family & were all hear supporting eachother, no negative talk or doubting one another, just positivity! :hug: LOVE US! lolol (that's what me & my girls always say to eachother LOVE US! lol)

& to lomalindarn thats odd they aren't calling you or emailing you back? Barbara or Dr. S always email me back the day I send them an email or at the very latest the next day. Maybe you have the wrong email/number? & I don't beleive they are to small a buisness to handle the demands, they recently opened 2 new offices this year & have 6 offices total throughout north NJ & NY. They also offer the program long distance.

BrillanteLuna70
08-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I was on the scale this morning and weighed in at 280.... Hopefully tomorrow I will break my number!!! I'm dying to break that number, I think it will give me good incentive I've been yearning for!

Keeping my fingers crossed!!! Please send good vibes my way!

Lasekou and PrettyInPink Since I went into the 200s, I am in the same plus size, about every 45 lbs I go up a size....And I have lost or gained with pregnancies and no one ever noticed, I completely know what that's like...

Lomalindarn, they just opened an office in clark and have an email address on the website, they are quick to reply, usually within 48 hours. I have purchased beads on the net but I have not found them to be the same size as Accuweight's. Not sure if it makes a difference. I would not recommend doing the diet without them, it helps for later on so your body stays down at that new number. Good luck, I have not seen any info on Almased.

OneGroovyChick remember to take your multivitamin and calcium!!!!

Wishing everyone much success!!!

prettyinpink116
08-04-2010, 02:56 PM
BrillanteLuna70 GOODLUCK U CAN DO IT!!!!!!! I know you will. :) If you stick to it 100% without any BLT's (bites, licks, tastes) you will see the lbs melt off & your hunger will diminish & you'll find yourself not even wanting to cheat bc your doing so great! The next thing you know its gonna be Christmas!!! & you'll be at your goal weight or extremely close to it!! I know its hard but its only temporary! Something quick & effective to put an end 2 this battle of the bulge. You will do it I know you will!! :hug:

lasekou
08-04-2010, 05:26 PM
I have to remember that, BLT(bite,lick,taste). Not the BLT I really want but it'll do.lol

prettyinpink116
08-04-2010, 10:43 PM
LOL lasekou I know. When i 1st heard that i was like a BLT?! WHERE?! hahaha but it is actually pretty clever Bites Licks Tastes. A woman on the google groups mentioned it before&it stuck with me :)

lasekou
08-05-2010, 09:14 AM
What is the Google group? I keep hearing about but I have no idea how to join.

BrillanteLuna70
08-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Helloooooooo friends, happy to report that I was 279 this morning!!!

Just finished a veggie day and looking forward to my milk day tomorrow. Have parties on Saturday and Sunday to go to, but feel stronger about walking into those situations...

Found something that works for me. Xantham gum. A teaspoon goes a long way as a thickener. I found it in the baking aisle at my local supermarket.
Last night I boiled water, mixed it with chicken bouillon and Xantham gum in the blender, and added lemon juice to taste. Something about it made me feel full and not guilty for having it...Came out like a thick consumme....
I use it as well in my milkshakes...

Keep going everyone...We are worth it!!!!

lasekou
08-05-2010, 09:22 PM
:congrat: BrillianteLuna70 for reaching 279! Keep up the good work.
My friend also uses Xantham gum for her shakes. I've got to add that to my list too. Milk day is a real struggle for me and I hear xantham helps a great deal.

prettyinpink116
08-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Thats awesome BrillianteLuna70 your doing great!:carrot:

lasekou its the accupals google group. You have to be invited by someone I think one of the accu counselors, i beleive. You email them & they invite you in. Atleast I think thats how, im not really sure bc I joined the group 2 years ago & don't remember clearly. But I think that may be how so email them & let em know you wanna join the AccuPals google group! Oh & i got your comment on my blog!! Thanks! & no worries bout the pm ;)

lomalindarn
08-06-2010, 06:57 PM
I called 888.456.7348 and it is a man's voice.

I emailed info(at)accuweight(dot)com. Nothing in my spam folder, either.

Maybe they are prompt to return calls to already paying clients, rather than prospective clients. I don't know.

Almased is a protein shake that claims to reset your metabolism with all natural ingredients that have been processed in a distinct way. Supposedly, it has been huge in Europe, originating in Germany. A key ingredient is soy, BUT, it is reported that soy products manufactured in the U.S. are very unhealthy because the fermentation step is skipped during processing. In Asia, and places other than the U.S. proper and adequate fermentation results in a healthy soy product.

I was convinced by Isabel De Los Rios to discard and abandon all soy products manufactured in the U.S. as she discovered, as a nutritionist, that it had adverse effects and actually made people gain weight, in addition to wreaking havoc on hormones, and the thyroid, in particular.

So, Almased, seems to respect the fermentation process that soy needs in order to be considered a healthy product.

lomalindarn
08-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I think the bead diet is so appealing because it offers drastic results through a natural process. It's like a middle ground between using and not using a diet aid.

I would think most would use the bead diet to drop significant weight/sizes quickly, in order to be encouraged to reach even greater levels of improvement, thus the commitment to maintain the weight after loss. Otherwise, for many, natural weight loss (without any programs or aids) can be so slow that it is discouraging, especially for emotional eaters.

I just wish that I could actually get in contact with AccuWeight because I have a lot of questions.

On a sad, pathetic note, I went with my little one to an amusment park within the past couple of days, and I was horrified...(you already know what's coming)...that when I got on the boat ride, I made the boat lean so far that I thought I was going to fall out. And other similar experiences on other rides were nearly tragic, like when my stomach protruded so far out that the lap bar/seatbelt stuck out so far compared to everyone else.

I thought of the bead diet everytime something like this happened.

prettyinpink116
08-06-2010, 08:45 PM
lomalindarn I don't pay to be on the accubead diet I do it all on my own long distance & Barbara always emails me back that day or the very latest the next day. You obviously have their wrong contact information.

lomalindarn
08-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Pretty, what contact information do you have? The number and email I use I got directly from the site.

I would appreciate having the correct email and number if you could forward it to me.

Thanks.

lomalindarn
08-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Pretty, you'll have to pardon me, but did you not order the beads from Accuweight?

lomalindarn
08-07-2010, 01:22 AM
nelie, how do you feel about the bead diet?

lomalindarn
08-07-2010, 01:23 AM
So, pretty, you didn't get the beads from them? Or, the Chi Gong plan?

lomalindarn
08-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Ok, pretty, I just read your blog, too. You are quite the inspiration, because I don't know how you are doing it. I mean, you articulate your pains well and then you rise above them.

So, this diet addresses physical hunger, but not emotional hunger, and this is the ultimate battle...the desire (opposed to need) to put something in your mouth, especially when you are surrounded by it.

If I engage the bead diet, I will still need to prepare meals for my children. I can't imagine not wanting to eat the food I am preparing, even if my hypothalamus says I don't need it. Emotion is rooted in the brain, right? So, why can't the beads cure the emotional part, too?

lasekou
08-07-2010, 11:16 AM
lomalindarn for me the diet does help with emotional eating. I used to want to take a nibble here and there while preparing meals for my family and then i would realize that I wasn't even hungry (physically). It was just my mind playing tricks on me. I would be out and see people with Bo'Jangles chicken and think "mmmm I could really go for a bit of that", mind you I don't even like Bo'Jangles. I started to realize how much I used to eat just because. I've also noticed that when keep myself busy I don't think about food.The beads can't cure the emotional part (you shouldn't want them to) that part is up to you. I just keep in mind not hungry = not eat. Now that I'm starting to notice the weight loss (it's only my second week) a little nibble here and there isn't worth it now that I have more energy and my cloths fit comfortably. Hope that helps some.;)

BrillanteLuna70
08-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone, popping in to say hello and welcome to the weekend! I have 2 parties to go to. Just got out of 2 vegetable days and still at 279 (happy to report). So off to milk today. If I'm on track I want to shoot for 276 on Weds morning. When I get to 270 I am going to highlight my hair (at home -- YIKES) while the baby is sleeping....as a reward for a 30 lb weight loss!

I have spoken to Dr S about the emotional/impulsive eating in the past (when you're in the office you wouldn't believe how many women come to sign up, and they spend most of their time there talking about how they like XXX and YYYY food, etc...It's funny when you take a step back from yourself actually. And then they come back a week later and say, yeah, I can do this for another 10 days. He advised me, as with any addiction (and he's counseled many people for many years in psychology), get through 5, then 10 mins, then 1 hour, and then ask yourself if you still think you NEED it...

In the above posts, the point about "knowing" or "realizing" you're eating just cause it's there, hits home with me. And for me, this diet separates the food, reinforces to me that I am getting my nutrients, my body is OK, and that what I'm trying to feed, is something else, maybe stress or maybe when I'm tired or irritated. I have noticed I'm being impulsive when I reach for the food, more than Accuweight plan than with any other diet.

I have a religious holiday (Ramadan) coming up, so I have to head back to the office sometime this week and ask for a special protocol so I can still be on the diet. I would like to see if I can swing it. Usually I gain weight on Ramadan b/c I will eat ALL the sweets anyone offers! hehehehe

OK, well, BE STRONG, and BE MOTIVATED!!!!

lomalindarn
08-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks, lasekou. Good to hear that you are doing well on this program.

And, you are not even hungry on milk days???

What worries me is how some have described lightheadedness and even blurred vision. Please let us know if you encounter any adverse effects.

Also, are you going through Accuweight or following another program?

I checked out The Sadkhin Complex, who claims that they're the original bead diet and that all others are just dangerous copycats, but Sadkhin doesn't offer a long-distance program.

lasekou
08-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I agree with you 100%BrillianteLuna. This diets works better than anything else I've tried. I've lost 50lbs on Weight Watches and kept it off for a few years but this diet makes me ask myself "Am I really even hungry?" which will help me once I transition off the diet. I like that I feel full and not full/heavy. I feel full and nourished instead of full and sluggish (if that makes any sense).

lomalindarn I can't say that I feel hungry on milk days (granted it's harder than veggie days). As long as I'm busy, it'll be 3pm before I've realized that I haven't eaten all day. I'll have some cravings around 7pm so I just eat some jello with plenty of water or sip on some tea. I'll be honest I end up going to bed earlier on milk days so I'll stop thinking about not actually chewing on something all day. But then I wake up feeling so well rested the next day and not feeling the least bit hungry.
I think I got a little light headed the first few days but nothing dramatic. I just drank a little tea with honey. I had some leg cramps too but nothing I couldn't shake off. I've had far worse side effects taking diet pills.What I love about this diet is that I never ever wake up hungry in the morning.So that tells me all those cravings the night before were all in my head.
I'm doing the long distance program through Accuweight.

BrillanteLuna70
08-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Everyone, I hope you don't mind that I am writing in so often, sometimes 2 or 3x's a day...

I am happy to report that I survived the party today, I BLT'd (bitelicktaste) though on something, but I fed the rest to my kids. I stayed away from the dinner table by using the baby as an excuse, and everyone was so wrapped up in other things no one really noticed I wasn't there.

I am happy with what I accomplished today.

I came home and had some of my consumme concoction and some crystal light. I have some diet mango flavor syrup, so I mixed some with my peach crystal light and filled my kids' ice pop trays ($3-BedBathBeyond) and tomorrow will have a frozen treat for me!

Now, on to tomorrow! I'm so psyched to be in 270s....I think I can make it to 260 before my vacation at month's end!

Lomalindarn For the milk days you can have plain yogurt for half the milk requirement. Sometimes I put chopped parseley, mint and salt into it, sometimes I mix with honey, or will mix with the sugar free jellies. I'll bide my time and have it at 5 pm, so I feel like I'm going into the night satisfied. And I do sleep better. Honestly my husband likes the 'less cranky' me, morning and night. My MIL is post-menopausal, has a thyroid condition, takes heart meds and depression meds, and she did the diet just for a month. She lost 25 pounds and has kept it off for about a year. When she was really hungry she had BLT here and there but kept the basic principles. She had honey here and there and snacked on some pretzel sticks. It's all about being practical. You know what you can handle. Have you found a good place for the almased yet?

lomalindarn
08-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Brilliant, how are you doing with the Chi Gong? Does this really make a difference?

You know, all the places online that sell Almased are quite competitive with the pricing (around $20/canister/5 days), which is far better than what the price is in stores @ $35/canister/5 days.

I just don't like potentially wasting my money on it if it is just another protein shake. I talked to a consultant at my nutrition store and was told that ANY protein shake is going to curb your appetite, encourage caloric reduction, increase your protein, and most importantly stabilize your insulin. If this is the case, then I am not convinced that Almased is necessarily "above the rest", with the exception of the unique fermentation/processing that they advertise. If the results are similar, dietarily, to other protein shakes, then the consultant recommended an "Isobolic Whey Protein Powder" which he said would be comparable.

I took a moderator's suggestion (nelie?) and purchased a Hemp Protein Powder that is slightly unpalatable, but a quality product. I just haven't quite gotten in the habit of meal replacement, yet.

lomalindarn
08-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Brilliant, another question.

If you are doing Accuweight long-distance, do they send you new beads and placement instructions in cycles, or did everything come all at once, including the Chi Gong?

I was wondering for those who just want to reuse the beads, don't they need to know the new positions of placement?

lomalindarn
08-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Oh, and I am not promoting Almased. I am simply a querent. I found it intriguing, but had some healthy skepticism toward the product and hoped to find others who are more familiar with it than I.

I just read on this site, under "Does It Work", a topic about the safety of commercial protein drinks. It was eye opening.

BrillanteLuna70
08-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Lomalindarn, I actually am in NJ and go to one of the offices. I think the mail program you pay for 3 sets of beads, enough for one month. There's a number (can't remember right now) of pressure points behind the ears, that's why after a month or two people try to do it on their own.

The reason I was asking you about Almased, I was trying to see if you've started something yet. My impression you want to do it the right way, but I think that just GETTING started, consistently with ANY program, will get those pounds down, and later if you find you've hit a plateau, do something else. It seems with your answer that you HAVE started, so please let us know how it's going for you!!!!

Oh and Chi Gong is just deep breathing exercises. Most of the time I forget to do them. Maybe I do them once or twice a day. It just helps bring more oxygen into your body, can help with fat burning I think...

lomalindarn
08-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Yay! Accuweight called me back, yesterday. I received a voice msg from Yvette? saying that they are only open limited days/hours, which explains a lot. I am going to give them a call tomorrow and ask all my questions.

onegroovychick
08-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Hello all!
Haven't been on in a few days. Wrote a post about emotional eating and it was erased by accident. Will rewrite it later!!

I prefer milk days over veggie. Not sure why, I think the less prep work the better off I am. I live alone, so I don't have to cook for others.

Will write more later.
Have a great night!

BrillanteLuna70
08-09-2010, 05:16 PM
OK Veggie Day, brussel sprouts (i love them), string beans, apples and plums so far....I actually like to eat tomato paste too heheheheh Maybe a little overboard, but I love it....

My crystal light ice pops, were FAB!

Vitamins! Take your Vitamins!!!! Drink your water!!!!!

BrillanteLuna70
08-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Anyone out there allergic to apples, nuts or certain fruits? If the items are raw, and not ripe enough, my mouth gets very tingly and itchy, as well as my throat.

Does that happen to anyone?

prettyinpink116
08-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey everyone!!! I haven't been on for few days!!! I'll catch up tomorrow with everyone! :hug:

prettyinpink116
08-11-2010, 02:00 PM
I haven't been on I been back and forth 2 NJ! Uhhhh things are so crazy right now with my family!!! Im there right now & wont be back till Sunday night! I hope everyone's doing good!!!!

BrillanteLuna70
08-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone, just checking in, keeping things going....Today is the first day of Ramadan for me, so no food or water from about 5.30 till 8 pm (daybreak to sunset) I got a sheet for Ramadan guidelines with the diet, I can do 1 of 2 things, either continue the diet or try to maintain the weight I'm at.

I'm going to try to get a good 10 cycle and then when I go on vacation, do the maintenance guidelines. Also if I'm sick or TOM I won't be fasting so I can do the "sick" guidelines too.

Hoping everyone is having a great week, it's been a quiet one!!!!

lomalindarn
08-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Way off bead topic here, but I thought Ramadan was in February? (I used to be Muslim)

As far as your post about allergy to fruit and nuts, I never considered it this way. I was always told that certain foods, like fruits, especially tomatoes have a high acidic content and that when eaten alone, that acidity can aggravate your mouth, tongue, tastebuds, gums, palates, etc.

To prevent this, I made sure that I always combined fruit with a carb like cereal, crackers, bread (not the best options on or off of the bead diet), but it helped with the mouth irritation.

lomalindarn
08-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Well, if you guys don't mind, I think I'm just going to hang around here for a while even though I'm not sure I can engage the bead diet.

I asked my pertinent questions when I finally made contact with Accuweight, and I may not qualify due to one little snafu. I am a nursing mother and they do not recommend the program until you are no longer nursing.

I am still looking into a local Accupressurist who may tell me otherwise, because I don't entirely agree with that restriction.

I understand the premise of the baby taking the nourishment away from the mother, but my baby doesn't nurse solely. He eats tablefood throughout the day, and only nurses at bedtime and throughout the night for pacification. So, I truly do not see the harm in participating in the bead diet, especially since it seems it should be easy enough to compensate for nourisment lost by just adding in a few more calories.

I thought that I could follow the strict dietary guidelines of the diet, but supplement with protein shakes to offset my baby's nursing.

What do you think?

lomalindarn
08-12-2010, 10:08 AM
I may have found a solution, although I am a bit more skeptical about this.

Would anyone here mind looking into Acupro and giving me your input?

It sound like it is the same concept as any bead diet, but doesn't include all of the comprehensive dietary guidelines and support. Though I didn't read this in particular, I am sure Acupro's Press Point recommends following a sensible diet, so I wonder if I could order beads from Acupro and simply modify my diet?

I went to a site called "Acupropress(dot)com". Please look and let me know what you think.

lomalindarn
08-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Another question for you.

From what I can tell Press Point through Acupro doesn't necessarily recommend shifting the actual placement of the beads, unless I am misinterpreting their information. I thought it was important to alter the position of the beads every so often (weekly?) in order to maximize the sensitivity of certain accupoints on or behind the ear.

Hopefully, you can take a look at this one and tell me your interpretation.

Thanks.

lomalindarn
08-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Ugh, just when I was about to take a leap of faith and order Press Point from Acupro Inc., I came across an article on MotleyHealth(dot)com titled "Fat Burning Beads Banned".

This article explains that a few years back a company doing business under the name of "Accu-Slim" who was pursued for fraudulent claims of weight loss.

The company promised to no longer send their solicitations to UK addresses, where consumers received advocacy against their fraud, and they changed their name to "Accu-Trim" and have continued to sell the beads elsewhere.

I then went to Accu-Trim's site, and while it looks quite commercialized and a bit flaky, they do have a compelling 100% Risk Free Guarantee that is TIMELESS. In other words, according to their site, they offer a lifetime guarantee.

As many of my posts have ended recently, what does everyone think??

prettyinpink116
08-13-2010, 01:36 PM
How is everyone?!?!?!?! I will be back from Jersey Sunday night! YAY :carrot: LOL i just posted a new blog entry about my trip here...ugghhhhh lol anyways I hope everyone is still doing great on the diet!!! Miss everyone!! :(

BrillanteLuna70
08-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Lomalindarn It must be a while then! Ramadan and the holidays change year to year, it has no fixed dates, goes by the lunar calendar...

Hmmm maybe it is the acid in the fruit...maybe nuking in the microwave changes the acid somehow. I can only eat those fruits when cooked...

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

lomalindarn
08-13-2010, 07:23 PM
much to my chagrin, and it was a brief period in my life due to a marriage. I distinctly remembering my mother in law cheating with fast food before dusk in her car. She was quite a character.

Nevertheless, Asalam alaikum (sp).

prettyinpink116
08-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Brilliant how ya doin on the diet?

BrillanteLuna70
08-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Lomalindarn you gave me a chuckle...yes, MIL are quite the characters sometimes....I had read some of that accutrim banned info as well, and I even recall buying them on ebay years ago, but if I remember correctly they are these tiny tiny beads, maybe about 4 or so that you place all 4, ON your ear itself, and it didn't really have a diet plan with it.

I nursed 3 kids, but I never did this diet on it. I think they discourage you b/c maybe they haven't done studies to say it won't harm the child. Or the fact that it is such a low calorie diet, and you match that to the child's caloric needs in the milk....But if you think of the tons of women that have dieted, any diet, while they are nursing....

I do know and believe this, it becomes a chemical process to burn the fat and lose the weight. if you cheat, or add foods outside of what's required, it will slow down the loss. I think it was PrettyinPink that said ???? once you cheat your body takes 2-3 days to get to the fat burning point again.

Maybe that's why they discourage it.

My friend did Slim fast to trim down after she had her babies and nursed. She had shakes and their snacks, and then at dinner had something reasonable and no snacking or food after 8. She lost her 40 lbs in about 8 months or so.
How about if you try the shakes you're thinking about as meal replacements, and 1 good meal a day, and walk 1 mile?

PrettyInPink still at 279...too much BLT...I start off good everyday, and then I snack. Since Ramadan started, I'm at 279 still. I think b/c I am not drinking all the water I need....

prettyinpink116
08-14-2010, 04:30 PM
yes brilliantLuna it was me that sad that....once you cheat on this diet you need about 2-3 days until your body is back at fat burning mode again..thats why DR.S says CHEATING IS NOT AN OPTION!

Well i'll be back sunday nite from NJ & getting back on track

prettyinpink116
08-14-2010, 04:31 PM
lasekou & One Groovy Chic I hope yous are doing good! Haven't seen you on in awhile!! :hug:

lasekou
08-15-2010, 07:52 PM
:wave:Hello all:wave: I'm doing okay prettyinpink thanks for asking. I started my 3rd bead set today. So far I've lost 16lbs. Not as much as I wanted to lose but then again why complain about losing 16 pounds in less than a month,right? I joined the aw email list, I read it every morning to get me focused for the day.
I felt really good this weekend. I had stopped hangin out with friends because I never have anything to wear (that I can fit). But I was shocked to find that I can now fit some of my pre-pregnancy clothes.:cheer: I actually looked nice (for a change). The mall food court was the ultimate challenge, but it wasn't bad at all.I pre-chilled my milk in a thermos and sipped on that while everyone else ate the fatty fast food.
Question, I've noticed my stomach growling with this set. I'm not necessarily hungry but my stomach doesn't usually growl (loudly).Should I be concerned? Could my beads be in the wrong spot?

soontobeskinny2010
08-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi all
I am also doing accuweight, I go to the office in clark NJ. So far I lost 21lbs in a month and a half, I feel great. So happy to find other people that are doing this diet.

BrillanteLuna70
08-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi soontobeskinny2010 welcome aboard! congrats on the weight loss! we can do this!!!!

prettyinpink116
08-17-2010, 04:35 PM
hey everyone! Welcome soontobeskinny2010! Feel free to type all you want & ask questions! Hopefully we'll have the answers :) Were all here 2 help & support eachother!

lasekou you should be so proud of yourself that you didn't give into temptation at the mall! Good for you!! :D & 16lbs is awesome, you should be proud! I do understand where you're coming from when you want to lose more, but don't worry it'll be all over soon :) & About the beads, that can very well be why your stomach is growling...Thats happened to me before so speakin from my experience I had put the beads in the wrong place & that day I felt more hungrier then ever.

So I AM BACK from NJ..uhhhhhh I actually got home yesterday & got back on the diet today.. I'm a little annoyed b/c I did gain 7 lbs the whole time I was there, so I'm back at 246 (i was 250 on monday uhh but didnt start diet till today) which is frustrating b/c I was so happy to be in the 230's..all well I know I'll be back down in a few days & continue to go down. I told my family I AM NOT coming back to NJ until Christmas time..I can't afford anymore interruptions especially with my weight loss. Family, friends & loved ones are definitely a blessing, but they can also be a HUGE distraction when your trying to diet, esp when their all thin & telling you "YOU LOOK FINE or WHO CARES ITS JUST ONE LITTLE BITE" etcc... I remember on an episode of the Biggest Loser Jillian said it best about fam & friends...THEY ARE GREAT BUT THEY CAN ALSO BE A MAJOR DISTRACTION & NOT VERY HELPFUL which is true...gotta love Jillian! So yup that's that lol...

SO hows everyone else doing????

prettyinpink116
08-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Lost 5 of the 7lbs i gained since yesterday! Woop Woop I feel like I'm def getting back on track now! YAY!:carrot:

prettyinpink116
08-19-2010, 02:32 PM
So Im back in the 230's! YAY!:carrot: I'm 239.6..im so happy! It only took me these past 3 days to lose the weight i gained. I feel back on track now. :)

Hows everyone else???

DaniD
08-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Hello Group.

I just finished reading all your posts and I have to say that it is truely inspirational to read everyones posts. My boss and friend have both completed this diet and had success. I started today...milk day and let me tell you this is hard!!!:(

I am very hungry and fell out of sorts. I feel like I can't hold a conversation. I'm not sure how I will be able to do this for at least a week. I am going to the Clark office and Dr. Lubrano is great. I have done the breathing and Dr. L told me to do the beads every hour for the first week just until I get the hang of it. I don't feel that the hunger is going away. I actually fell that its getting worse.

The reason I am doing this diet..."MY WHY" is because I recently got engaged in may. I am going dress shopping next month and am scared. The wedding is next may and I just want to look HOT!!! I also don't want to worry about my honeymoon. I often feel self-conscience when we go to a pool party or anywhere really in the summer because I amalways the one wearing jeans. I don't want that on our honey moon. I want to walk around in a bikini...but I just so darn hungry.

I went to Starbucks today and had iced coffee with whole milk and 2 packets of Sweet and Low. I chewed the ice because I was so hungry. I also have about 10 oz left of milk to drink and think i'll save that for later.

COuple questions:
1. Does the hunger last?
2. Can you use Olive Oil?
3. DOes the feeling of weakness last?

Thanks to all the posts and I look forward to the support.:D

lomalindarn
08-20-2010, 08:02 PM
#2 is NO

WHAT? You're hungry?

But, that's what the beads are for, I thought, so you wouldn't feel hunger pangs and pains.

Lately, this thread is slow, so I'm waiting for everyone to get back in here with their great information!

I am starting this diet in the near future, and I have pretty good will power, but am a wimp when it comes to pain.

You're scaring me about the hunger.

What does your boss and friend say about that?

soontobeskinny2010
08-20-2010, 10:00 PM
@ first I did feel a bit hungry, but by the 3rd day it was gone. This diet is so worth it you will see. The first week I lost 9lbs, and I was like wow I can do it again one more week. Now it's more like 3 to 4lbs a week, but that is ok. I feel better then ever, I'm even full on vegetable day. The best thing is that my cravings for fatty foods has gone away. We can and will do this!!!!!!!:)

prettyinpink116
08-21-2010, 12:52 AM
HI DaniD WELCOME!! I know i wrote alot BUT READ IT ALL! I THINK I CAN HELP!! :)

Hopefully I can answer a few of your questions for U, speaking from experience me being on this diet for about 6 weeks now and having a best friend & her mom very successful on this diet & maintaining for 2 years now I know alot about this diet, the do's & don'ts & think I can help you (or i'll try my best!)

See the thing with this diet is it is DEFINITELY NOT for everyone, thats a definite & if you listen to the phone orientation you will hear Dr.S, or whoever is doing the orientation that day, mention that very clearly in the beginning. The reason why is because its an extremely strict diet & it takes alot of will power and discipline. I've attempted this diet 2 x's in the past 2 years & wasn't successful (i gave up after just a day both times!) but I was already setting myself up for failure before I even started the diet..with the self doubting and negativity, i was already failing before i even started the diet plus i didn't mentally prepare myself either..i thought i could just wake up & do the diet..WRONG.you must mentally prepare yourself & make a full blown commitment to this..or else your setting yourself up for failure...I am successful now bc finally I made a promise to myself that no matter what I will do it this time, & I did, & thats what you have to do. YOU MUST be fully dedicated to this diet & definitely prepare yourself for it too! Those 2 are a MUST! You can do anything you put your mind to!! Dr. S also talks alot about that when our bodies may think there hungry when they're actually really thirsty so whenever you think your hungry flood yourself with water or any 0 calorie liquid. It should do the trick, atleast it does for me. Also, if i get a little hungry after 6, I buy these sugar free lifesaver and creme-saver candies they sell at walmart, 2 or 3 of them & a diet Pepsi max & it really curbs my sweet tooth (just a suggestion that may help you :)) or some honey with tea.

It is a tough diet, i'll admit that, & you will most likely have ALOT of naysayers trying to tell you that its bad 4 U, or your starving yourself, or they will try & think of every negative thing in the book to tell you not to do it, when in all seriousness I take this as them being jealous b/c they don't have the strength, willpower & discipline to do it themselves, so they want to talk you out of it, misery loves company..so please whatever you do..DON'T LISTEN TO THE NAYSAYERS!! & about the hunger im telling you after the 1st week your hunger simply disappears, atleast it did for me & alot of other people I know that have done this & were successful. Also just keep telling yourself "this diet is only temporary" that helps me out ALOT. And the weight comes off soooooo quickly that its sort of a boost in itself that makes you want to continue doing good & not cheat. For example, I started this diet on Monday 7/5 at 267lbs by Wed 7/7 I was 257lbs & by the next Monday I was 250lbs! I lost 17lbs the 1st week! & the weight just keeps coming off!! I am currently 238.2 ..which i beleive I definitely would be a little less But all last week i was in NJ (i live in PA) for family emergency & gained bout 7lbs when I was there..BUT i made a promise to myself & as soon as I got back to PA on Tuesday I got right back on the diet & by Thursday I lost all the weight I gained in NJ (8lbs) & will continue to be successful until my goal. And I know if it wasn't for me being off for 8 days I would probably already be in the high 220's by now..but i digress. And if you do mess up don't worry Just get right back on the next day & promise yourself not to do it again!!!

SO my advice to you is that, if you feel that it is too hard, or that you feel you can't do it, why not just give yourself 2 full weeks?? Make a commitment to this diet for just 2 weeks. You can do anything for 2 weeks cant you???? I guarantee you that if you dedicate yourself for just 2 weeks, you'll be amazed at your weight loss AND you will see that after the 1st week your hunger disappears, I promise. Also, Dr. S recommends that if you get a headache the 1st week on the diet (this is b/c your bodies detoxing) you can take 1 tbs of honey to a cup of tea & your headache will go away..I never got any headaches but still enjoy the honey every now & then in my tea :)

So to answer your questions:

1. Does the hunger last?
NOPE for me it went away in 3 days, but usually people say give it a week then its completely gone, thats what Dr.S says too

2. Can you use Olive Oil?
No, but you can use 0 calorie Olive Oil cooking spray.thats what i use & its better for you! I also use butter buds in replace of butter..your allowed this as well & is wayyyyy healthier :)

3. DOes the feeling of weakness last?
Not at all...once you get through your 1st week you will soar :) & it becomes like a habit & you will most likely feel great & empowered b/c you'll see how fast the weight is coming off!! :)

This thread has gotten slow over the past few weeks,, but Im on it every single day so if you have any questions please feel free to ask!!! You can also check out my blog if you want, that may help you b/c there were a few days that were extremely rough, bu I got through it & i talk about that so maybe you can relate to them? Just a suggestion..well good luck! I know you can do it!!! Just beleive that you can & you will!! :hug:

prettyinpink116
08-21-2010, 02:48 AM
soontobeskinny2010 that is so awesome! CONGRATS! Sounds like your doing great! :carrot: The same with me, after the 3rd day my hunger was GONE. & the weight loss does slow down to 3-4-5 lbs a week but still thats great & this diet guarantees -15lbs a month so now matter what, even if you lose -1lb one week, you know that by the end of the month you will be down -15lbs!!

I also get full on veggie days too, sometimes I don't even eat all the veggies were allowed b/c I feel like its too much. Well good luck to every0ne!

WE WILL DEFEAT THIS BATTLE OF THE BULGE!! :)

lomalindarn
08-21-2010, 03:24 AM
...for that highly informative post. I wholly agree with you that the pounds loss must be a strong motivator, though it's a tough diet.

I have been on diets before and busted my butt watching my calories and food nutrition and exercising like **** and when the weight still didn't come off, that is when I gave up because it wasn't worth the sacrifice. For me, the rewards must match my investment, and this diet sounds like it will.

I even find it very intriguing that although they allow exercise and encourage it as part of a healthy lifestyle, they clearly indicate that it is not advantageous to weight loss while on this diet. So, this can legitmately be called the 'no exercise' diet.

So, a question is, is it better to start with milk days or vegetable days? Does it matter as far as the hunger. Again, I am not at all concerned with avoiding temptation, because I don't eat because I enjoy it. I eat out of boredom and general displeasure with life. But, I do have a sensitive stomach and dread the actual hunger pains.

Starrynight
08-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone, wow there's so many new people in this thread now! Very inspiring. Pretty, you are doing amazing! Keep it up!
So.. I went off track. Went through a stressful break and eventual break-up with my then bf of 5 1/2 years.. :(
Needless to say, I wasn't focusing on weight loss. Then I went to florida with my family and gained back some weight over there. I was at 165 and now I'm at 175. I'm feeling excited about the upcoming semester and really just want to lose this weight already.. I'm focused on myself and I want to make the most of my single-life at the moment, lol.
I know it will only take 3-4 days to get my water weight back down (have been eating a lot of junk.. and that's how it's happened in the past). I'm on my second day now and already feeling really good. I'm hoping that by the end of August I'll be back to 165ish.
Keep up the great work everyone!

prettyinpink116
08-21-2010, 01:20 PM
sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend Starrynight. I hope everything works out for you! Good luck losing your weight you gained! YOU CAN DO IT! :hug:

lomalindarn if you hate hunger pains, just know that if you do get them when/if you begin this,they go away in the 1st few days.

About starting this diet on a milk or veggie day, It doesn't matter, whichever day you want to start it on. I would think that starting it on a veggie day may be a little easier, being that you get to actually eat food. But everytime I started this diet I always started it on a milk day. I usually lose more on milk days and I just think its better to start on milk days, for me atleast.

"WE WILL DEFEAT THIS BATTLE OF THE BULGE"

DaniD
08-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Hello everyone! Thanks for the advise and much needed information PRETTY. Today is DAY#4 and I feel GREAT! The first day was a milk day for me and from my previous post I felt out of sorts and foggy. Day #2 was the hardest. I was extremely hungry, extremely tired and very weak. I took a nap at 4:30pm for about 40min to forget about the hunger and then slept again at 9:00 because I was so tired. I slept for 10 hours on Saturday but woke up completely refreshed. Yesterday was the best day. The hunger wasn't as bad. And when ever I felt a little hungry, I did my beads and breathing, AND most importantly drank a lot of water. I thought yesterday was going to be hard because we (my fiancť and I) went to my parents house for dinner. My mom makes a big Sunday Italian feast. I ate salad and had 1 piece of italian bread. So I cheated a little but I was very proud of myself because I could have easily fell completely off. I weighed myself this morning and I am down 6 pounds. WOO HOO!!!!

I have struggled with my weight for a long time and I want to get to my goal weight. I have tried everything and I think I just need that drastic push to get me to my weight. For the most part I eat healthy anyway. I just eat large portions. I have lost weight in the past but then went through a bad break up and the weight came back. Well this time I am engage so there is no break up coming. Yay!

Couple more questions for those currently doing it OR reached goal:

1. On milk days, can I have milk before 12pm or after 6pm?

2. For those who have reached goal: have you kept it off? I have read a lot of posts of people who have started then stopped and gained it all back. Why is that? Is it the program or personal reasons?

3. Is all the weight lost water weight or actual fat? I know the orientation and the doctor say its fat but I want to hear from real people. 6 pounds to me is a lot and I'm not sure if my clothes fit different yet.

Thanks everyone.

DaniD
08-23-2010, 09:53 AM
I also go to the Clark office. Isn't Dr. L great? This is my 4th day and I feel alittle better. 21lbs in a month in a half is AWESOME :D

One question for you...has your body changed? Do you clothes fit differently? I weighed myself this morning and the scale says I lost 6 pounds but my closthes don't fit different. I sort of see a difference in my stomach but again my cothes fit the same.

Thanks

prettyinpink116
08-24-2010, 01:07 PM
DaniD

1. On milk days, can I have milk before 12pm or after 6pm?
No. You can only have your veggies and milk between 12-6. Dr.S says its because this is when your bodies looking for nutrients.

2. For those who have reached goal: have you kept it off? I have read a lot of posts of people who have started then stopped and gained it all back. Why is that? Is it the program or personal reasons?
My best friend and her mom did this diet 2 years ago & have kept all there weight off. I recommend you join the google group. I beleive you email the group administrator and you get invited in. Its a really great group & you'll see ALOT of success stories and pictures on there. There's alot of inspirational stories too! Definitely check it out.

3. Is all the weight lost water weight or actual fat? I know the orientation and the doctor say its fat but I want to hear from real people. 6 pounds to me is a lot and I'm not sure if my clothes fit different yet.
the weight your losing is fat, atleast thats what Dr.S says. I'm pretty sure the 1st week when you lose the most, is mainly water weight, but after that its fat. I've lost about 60lbs since the beginning of the year, 30 was before I got on this diet, & now 30 since I been on AccuBead since July. If this diet only made you lose water weight, then what about the 30lbs I lost dieting & exercising on my own? I didn't notice any difference in my clothes then & it wasn't until I started the Bead diet where I really started noticing a difference, even in the way my body looked. But still, my clothes from when I was heavier still fit me, they are alot looser and baggier, but they still fit. But I was also extremely heavy(still am) & i know the heavier you are the more weight you have to lose to notice a big difference. When I was 15 I lost 70lbs (i went from 240-170) in about 3 1/2-4 months and noone even noticed my weight loss till I was about 60bs down! I didn't really start wearing different clothing till I lost bout 50lbs! So with all that being said I think it really just depends on the person & there own body. But its also different when your alot heavier. I don't think your gonna have this problem b/c from your weight you have listed, your not very heavy (in my opinion atleast thats close to my goal weight)& you will prob definitely notice a big difference I say when your drop another 10-15 lbs.My best friend, when she did this diet she was about 170 lbs and lost about 35lbs in 2 1/2 months & she looks like a completely different person!!

So don't worry DaniD your going to start to look & feel amazing (not saying u dont already but u know what i mean:) ) very soon!! Just hang in there & stick it out! You only have about 2 months to go and your done! Just in time for the holidays!! WOOP WOOP!! I hope I helped!!! :)

mom2gbsb
08-24-2010, 03:37 PM
I am scheduled to attend orientation on 9/2 and I am so excited :carrot:. But I still have a few questions I would like answers to so I can do like others have suggested..."prepare my mind" . If anyone can answer I would certainly appreciate it:

1. can i expect to receive at orientation my beads and program package? or do I need to return for that?
2. what is the menu like for the first 10 days ...so i can prepare, I just want to know as much as possible so i can start planning...not set myself up for failure. I do not intend to fail..currently doing WW and struggling but I will not give up.
p.s. currently 228 - started WW at 236
hope to lose 60 on this by year end...is that realistic?

Please help!!

DaniD
08-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Congrats on wanting to join Accu Weight. This is day 6 for me. It is definitely a struggle because it is sort of a shock to your system but I have lost 6 pounds so far. WOO HOO:D

Anyway, the diet is pretty simple. You have 2 days of milk and 2 days of fruits/veggies. On your milk day you are able to have 20oz of milk for the entire day between 12pm and 6pm. 10 ozs can be plain full fat yogurt. How you "spice it up" is up to you. Go to the accu-weight website to see recipes and suggestions. On the fruits/veggie days you are able to have 2 fruits (if it is a single serving fruit like an apple or a banana you can have the whole thing, but if it a fruit like grapes, or berrys then you are allotted 1 cup.) For the veggies, you can eat up to 1.5pounds of veggies. If you are going to cook them make sure you weigh the food raw.

Thats really it. so you do 2 milk days, 2 veggie days, 2 milkdays, 2 veggie days...and so on until you meet your goal.

The most important thing to remember is to rotate your beads, do you breathing and to drink 1/2 your weight (in ounces) of water. I weigh 165 so I need to drink 82.5 ounces of water every day. BTW- I do that. I bring a 32 ounce water jug wherever I go. I usually drink one on the way to work, one through out the day and the other on the way home.

Good luck to you and please use this website for support. There are some great people on here.

Danid

mom2gbsb
08-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Danid..thank you so much for the information.

I really want to to do this and be successful, I am sick and tired of trying "new" things and failing or letting myself down. Now I can mentally prepare and plan my menu, etc. since I have a few days. One additonally questions, can I expect to receive pkg and beads at orientation?

Congrats on your 6lbs in 6days...that is AWESOME!!:carrot::carrot:
Please continue to post your progress, I know you will do well...thanks again!!!

mom2gbsb
08-25-2010, 10:10 AM
p.s. I just looked at your stats...I see you too are in NJ...I am in the Ocean County area...where are you located? Also, at 5'3 165 that is a nice size...that is my height...and depending upon your frame you must be a 10 at least I wore size 10 at about 160...I would love to be there again..b/c at 150 I could still rock an 8...enough girly talk and sizes...

Danid...thanks again!

DaniD
08-25-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm assuming you are going to an office? I went to the Clark, NJ office.

I originally called the office to get more information. I spoke to the receptionist (who was lovely) and she suggested I call in for the orientation, which I did. I then went to the office the next day, got weighed in and spoke to the doctor. He placed the beads on my head and spoke to me. He was great. He then gave me his card and a welcome folder. He has called me twice to check in on me. Thats wahts so great about this diet...everyone is very supportive.

I have done WW and other diets in the past and have lost weight on WW but never kept it off AND never reached my goal.

I am still new to this and don't have all the answers. I am still struggling but am over the hardest part I think. The first 3 days were horrible. I felt weak, shaky, and I couldn't concentrate. I was told that's part of the detoxing...

Now I am better...its still hard though but keep your goal in mind and you will do great.

REMEMBER...it is only temporary and you will be able to incorporate regular food back into your life soon.

DaniD
08-25-2010, 10:17 AM
p.s. I just looked at your stats...I see you too are in NJ...I am in the Ocean County area...where are you located? Also, at 5'3 165 that is a nice size...that is my height...and depending upon your frame you must be a 10 at least I wore size 10 at about 160...I would love to be there again..b/c at 150 I could still rock an 8...enough girly talk and sizes...

Danid...thanks again!

I am a size 10 and I would love to be a size 4 or 6. I used to be a size 14 and lost weight through WW but I see it creeping back up. I am mainly doing thins so I am not self-conscious when it comes time for my wedding stuff. I am going dress shopping on 9/11, getting engagement photos completed professionally in October and then the big day and honeymoon is next May. I totally don't want to feel unconfortable when my photos are being taken or on my honeymoon. My fiance is hot and has an amazing body and I want to be able to walk around in our bathing suits in Jamaica without feeling uncomfortable.

mom2gbsb
08-25-2010, 10:36 AM
I totally understand your goals..you deserve to look HOT!! ...WW is good, but frankly too slow...I will probably (if suggested) go back to WW lifestyle afterward to maintain and to keep me in line..I am told the Accu system trains you to eat when needed, etc. I just want to get this weight off at 228 I wear a 16/16W and I am flat out tired of it..

I will attend lakewood location for orientation...looking forward to it. congrats on engagement that is awesome..myself celebrating 22 years come 10/1/10..wow to think 22 years ago I weighed 126 at 21 at my wedding...now I am 100lbs heavier..yikes...I dont want to return to 126 but 150 would be nice...

I will keep you posted and I will check in regularly to read your postings...thanks!!

mom2gbsb
08-25-2010, 11:49 AM
One additional question to those experienced...I know you are limited to 20oz Milk/yogurt..what if you ate 30oz...or it is a fruit/veggie day and you have an extra banana or apple or whatever...does that knock you off?..or just slow you down? I plan to follow just so....I think the premise is...dont deviate from the plan..b/c it throws your metabolic system off by eating bread when you are not suppose to...or eat junk food, etc. but does it throw you off if you eat extra of required food? I am making my list of questions up now for the orientation..bc i plan to be thoroughly prepared. but if anyone can assist me once again with this ... i would appreciate it.

lomalindarn
08-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Here is what helped me out in getting started.

1) Failure is not an option, and that will happen if you cheat.

2) Follow the diet strictly. No added ounces of either milk or veggies. Barbara Schwartz explains that altering the the amount or type of food allowed absolutely destroys the 'fat-burning chemistry' of the diet and definitely slows weight loss.

3) In the days leading up to receiving the Starter Kit, which includes the beads, I mentally prepared as well as physically. I told myself how tough and difficult this was going to be, but that I had the willpower and commitment to do it. I also began decreasing my food volume in preparation for the limited allowance on this diet. So, my 1st day of Accuweight actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

4) Barbara asks that you take the Chi Gong breating exercise seriously and devote time to it. A small measure for increased benefit.

5) Although your food intake is allowed anytime between 12 and 6 PM, I didn't begin until I was truly hungry, but made sure that I finished consumption by 6.

lomalindarn
08-25-2010, 08:04 PM
6) While I massag my beads and practic Chi Gong on odd hours, I drink a glass of water on even hours, and this seems to sustain me.

BTW, you get your beads once you complete orientation, place your order and submit your pictures of behind your ears. Then you receive your Starter Kit containing the beads, and a lot of other valuable information. Next, you complete 'training' to learn bead placement and rotation, and review the diet.

lasekou
08-25-2010, 08:50 PM
:cheer3:Hello everyone and congrats on your weight losses :cheer2: I finally got a chance to catch up on this thread.
I've been a little emotional lately. I was able to tuck my shirt into my dress pants without a muffin top and I got teary eyed. I haven't been able to do that since before my son (3 years ago). This diet has done far more for me than expected. It's given ME back, finally:carrot: and I've only lost 20lbs so far. It truly motivates me to move forward and stay dedicated.I must say I couldn't have done it without this thread and the accu-list.:hug: Like many others I lost weight with WW but the weight just trickled back on and it didn't teach me how to eat better because I could still eat a Big Mac if I wanted (just couldn't eat anything else). My BF even loves the aw veggies dishes I make. That's the only way he wants to eat now. For anyone who is apprehensive about this diet, let me tell you, even though this diet is temporary it is definitely LIFE CHANGING!!

adhwright
08-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Hello everyone! I have been watching this thread for a while trying to get a "feel" for this diet. I also wanted to make sure I was prepared to do as I know that it is a very strict diet. I finally decided that I am absolutely ready to get this weight off!!! I am the heaviest that I have ever been and between this diet, the support from this thread, and disgust of this weight I believe I will finally get it off! Congrats to all of you who are reaching your weight loss goals...I can't wait to join you!!!

lomalindarn
08-26-2010, 01:29 AM
You took the words right out of my mouth. I found so few negative reviews about the bead diet, as there is truly only one, i.e. Accuweight. Any negative reviews were mainly about mock bead diets that didn't address 'resetting base weight.'

adhwright
08-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Those were the only negative views that I could find as well...the ones that promise that all you have to do is wear these "magic beads" and the weight will just fall off! Ha! I think we have all been through enough diets to know that's not going to work. I also loved the fact that the advertisement for "the bead diet" is all by word of mouth. It says a lot when you don't have to "toot your own horn" so to speak. Another thing about this diet, even though I have just started, the people are so helpful. They seem to generally care about your well being. I have never experienced that with any other program. Anyway, thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to many more discussions...

lomalindarn
08-27-2010, 12:32 AM
The Accuweight staff seems to really care about helping people.

Having said that, Day 1 for me wasn't difficult in terms of physical hunger, but the cravings, and Day 2 was physically difficult as I suffered all day with hunger pangs, stomach growls and the like. Water did very little to help this, and massaging the beads did not address it, either.

I will persevere though because I am still convinced as to the other benefits, such as resetting base weight and the bead pressure signaling the hypothalamus to not allow the body into starvation/survival mode where it retains the fat weight.

I am definitely looking forward to my veg day tomorrow (that would be in 15 more hours), and that grapefruit and spinach sitting in my fridge never looked so good.

The Accu-list is a good place to go for support and questions, but I find that some veterans in there are tired of giving the same advice over and over again to each newbie ((hahahhaha)). That's the price they currently have to pay for getting skinny thanks to Accuweight!

I am now thinking that finding a one-on-one buddy with whom to take this journey is crucial for support and success.

lomalindarn
08-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Can someone please tell me how to get a ticker onto my messages, whether it is here in this forum, or in emails I send?

I went to the ticker site and started it, but I can't figure out how to paste it at the end of my messages.

lomalindarn
08-27-2010, 01:06 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar083/slider-scale/lb/228/125/228/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

This is just a test to see if it works.

lomalindarn
08-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Hellooo? Where'd everybody go?

Manilowedin81
08-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Hello. I just started this program on Saturday (really Sunday) in the new location in Brick, NJ. I went to go see my regular doctor about a 8 weeks ago, and he looked really good. I told him as much, and that is when he explained to me what he had been doing. And said he was going to start the program in the office at the end of August.

Fast forward, here we are and here I am. Day 2. Started on milk. Been a little headachy, had a little hunger. Headache will go away once detox is done.

Set the alarm on the phone to make sure I don't forget to rub the beads every two hours, and breathe.

Have a refrig full of veg/fruit. Looking up recipes.

Thanks for having this board. :)

231/____/135

adhwright
08-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Well my first milk day is almost over. I have been avoiding my kitchen all day! :) Can't wait to try out my first fruit/veggie day! I haven't had any headaches but I haven't been all that hungry either...even though I know if I see it I will want it lol. I hope everyone is doing well!

lomalindarn
09-03-2010, 02:31 AM
Well, Starrynight stated on the first page of this thread back in March 2009 that you don't feel hungry. That was her experience and it is what is promoted by the program. In fact, I have read that after a 3-7 day period, the hunger completely disappears.

I have been on the program for 9 days now, and I can assure you that my hunger has not only NOT diminished, I am in constant pain from having an empty stomach the majority of the time. The fruits, vegetables and even milk does not stay in my stomach very long, and is rapidly digested, leaving me with a feeling of emptiness. Then the contractions, cramping, growling, acidic burning and nausea as a result of the pain, starts all over again. Water helps for only a moment.

These pains are not the result of lactose intolerance as this has already been addressed. And, my Dr. says something similar to her recommendation for my painful knee that I get when I exercise, and it becomes sore and swollen. She says to stop exercising until the pain is gone, then not overdo it, not overexert myself. Ease into exercise. Same philosophy with regard to this diet, she says that if it hurts to stop, normalize until I feel better, and then ease into a caloric reduction. But, that is not the way this program is designed.

This is so disappointing, because willpower is not as much of an issue for me, but pain is. I was hoping that this could easily be resolved by adjusting my bead placement, but when I sent pics of my current bead placement to Accuweight, they say that the beads are located correctly. They would like me to consume an electrolyte water, in addition to the 120 oz. that I have been consuming daily, and add more variety of fruits and veggies into my diet, but neither of these recommendations will solve the intense stomach hunger.

The hunger disturbs me on more than one level, not just the aspect of physical pain. But, if the bead pressure is the signal to the hypothalamus that food satiety has been achieved and the brain should be communicating this to the stomach, then the stomach shouldn't be growling, cramping, contracting, etc. I have to wonder if my hypothalamus is damaged, or non-receptive to the bead pressure since after 9 days, I am still in great discomfort. Other lucky participants haven't had to endure this long with the hunger. Why me?

NJGoalGetter
09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Hello! I'm new to the board. I'm on my 4th day of the bead diet and have lost 10 lbs as of this morning. I go to the office in Clark, NJ
I started at 196 (5'4") and have a goal of 150 lbs. I'm looking forward to fitting into my size 8&10 suits again!

I am not as consistent with the bead rotations as I should be but I haven't been very hungry. I'm on my second milk day today. I am going to try some of the veggie day recipes on Saturday/Sunday.

The biggest motivator is the rapid weight loss so far. Even if its slows down a bit to half that or less, I could be at my GOAL weight by the end of October. Sexy Halloween costume here I come!

The doc asked my "why" and it is the embarassment and discomfort of being in front of people and speaking (at work) and constantly tugging at my shirt and covering my pooch belly.

I am going to post frequently because the support is helpful!

lomalindarn
09-04-2010, 03:08 AM
What support? I have been posting on here since before I received my beads, and at least there were some veterans around then. I don't know where they all went, but I feel as if my posts are falling on deaf ears.

NJGoalGetter
09-04-2010, 08:06 AM
I guess we'll just have to create energy with those of is who are left!

I made a veggie lasagna using a recipe from the accuweight site. I couldn't taste it because it was late last nite. It looked and smelled wonderful. I will let you know after noon what its like. I went to wEgmans to get the ingredients. Never been so excited to buy veggies and herbs! Lol

So...now I know why they say not to weigh yourself daily. I have been doing that and through yesterday I've lost everyday. This morning I weight and its the same 10lbs down. Maybe my loss slowed on my milk days??I heard someone else say they feel like they lose MORE on those days.

Anyhoo, I have to find the WF Marina, my shoprite didn't have it..

How are you managing??

sophiesnowangel
09-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Hi all! I haven't posted in a while but thought I would jump in. I have been on the beads since the end of July. I went on vacation and had a 4 day
meeting for work so I did not follow protocol 100%.

My goal was to lose 25 lbs. Anyway as of today I have 8 more to go but think I will go 5 more after that. Perhaps because I did not have more to lose I did not experience a big loss quickly. I have also been working out consistently.

I know this diet works and fast! I no longer have a taste or craving for food. I know I will reach my goal+ I am just a slow loser. Reading about all of the lbs. lost in the.first week discouraged me but my scale said 138 this morning down from 155 in 6 weeks. I can't believe I broke 140!

Hang in there everyone!

lasekou
09-04-2010, 12:00 PM
NJGoalGetter I've been wanting to try the veggie lasagna but scared that I might not like it. I hate to be disappointed on veggie days. Please let us know how you like it. As for me my family is loving the mashed cauliflower. It's one of my new favorites.
sophiesnowangel I felt the same way you feel about being a slow loser. But from my understanding, the weight loss is slower once you get to the 160's and below. My friend was on it and drastically lost weight when she was in the 200's now that she's in the 180 range it has slowed down some but she's still losing. I don't worry myself with it because I'm losing more weight faster than with any other diet or working out. All that matters is I know for sure that my goal is attainable .

NJGoalGetter
09-04-2010, 12:30 PM
One thing I am grateful for is the fact that this diet is broadening my pallate. I am eating foods I normally wouldn't eat and thinking of creative dinners for the family.

The WISE fries are great! They taste so much like ' real fries' if you let them get crunchy on the outside. I tasted a couple of them because I was prepping my meal for tomorrow! I have the Walden Farms ketchup and I think I'm going to transition my kids to this too!

I already use the WF choco syrup for their choco-milk because it literally tastes EXACTLY the same as the sugary, high calorie one!

The veggie lasagna was very good. I think I'd have to add cheese and my kids would even eat it! I just ate a small portion because I ate a couple of spoonfulls of home made salsa and guacamole that I wrapped in some lettuce.

I am only hungry just before 12 noon. Otherwise, on both milk and veggie days, I get pretty full.