LA Weight Loss - Bodybugg/Sensewear users, lets keep on track together!

L144S
01-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I know there are a few us us here that use these devices to track calories in and out. Join me on my quest to take my weight into my own hands.

Love my BB!

I love that I can take this one day at a time
I love that I can lose slowly
I love that it is all about the numbers
I love I can look and see just how much I need to do to complete my day OP
I love I can eat foods I like, eat with my family and friends
I love that this is SO about ME :)
AND I love that yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not even on my mind

I am offically 3 weeks in, it took me almost 10 days to get my calories under control (Ok Christmas, Chanukah, AND New Years did make it harder) but I feel like I can do this one day at a time!

Anyone else?

Idealmuse
01-06-2009, 11:17 PM
I ordered one last week but it's not going to be here until Friday for some reason it shipped from Canada. I've been waiting a few years to try one so I guess a few more days is no big deal.

So you've found it useful? Almost all the reviews I've read people like it the main complaint being about paying for the web service, but I was paying 9 bucks a month for myfooddiary.com so the year membership for bodybugg is slightly cheaper for me. Plus it comes with 6 months. Also I hear the food logging is lagging... Can you just enter your total daily calories say if I decided to log my food elsewhere? I'm thinking of trying dailyplate for awhile.

L144S
01-07-2009, 07:29 AM
I guess I don't mind "paying" for the web service since so far it is included, but I paid more than that for WW and here I am again.

I supose you could manipulate the food log for just calories for the day but if you are loging anyway, I think there is more to it than just the calories, I am finding I am eating too much fat...have to figure out how to fix that, Also I don't find that the food log is that great, so i have calorie king open in another window and I just transfer the nutiants to BB and there it is again later. An example would be a greek salad, I eat that a lot. Also I Use the low carb tortillas and the high fiber quaker oatmeal sometimes...

So my answer may be rude but if you paid for the program, why not use it and find out where your numbers really are. If you reach your 6 months and are done with the BB, switch to DP.

So far I have lost 3 LB's in the 3 weeks I have had the bug, I have had a lot of salt in the last few days because I had a lot of Sushi, I have also had a TON of water so I would guess when it flushes, it should be another LB maybe 2...

pintobean
01-07-2009, 02:48 PM
I have a sensewear and I wear it everyday. Of course past few weeks (holidays) I did not log any calories but I still got to see what I was burning without any exercise and such.

WardHog
01-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I am completely addicted to my Bodybugg, which I've had since the beginning of November. I fell off the wagon mid-Nov. and stayed off right through the end of the year, but I am back on and logging food again. I am about to try entering a recipe for the first time - wish me luck!

I find my bugg to be very motivating and I have no plans to stop using it when I get back to my goal weight range.

eta - If you look at my arm in my avatar picture, you can see a faint line where I had to take it off to go to my husband's company holiday party. :lol:

L144S
01-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Excellent WH! AND you have one nice looking arm :)
I had my training session this morning and she showed me to find the reports. looking at the them I have been off by about 200 cals a day ( not good) BUT she did say it is totally within the norm most newbies are off by up to 600 cals a day it AND may account for the sushi I had 2 days in a row before my WI...YUM

I am am totally addicted too. I have to figure out where to put it when I go on my beach vacation. I don't mind it in the winter, but I wonder what prople say in the warmer months...any thoughts WH? A

I also found out the I can charge it using a wall charger (thank you ipod) and I can wear it on either arm, but the left is fine with me.

I maintained through the holidays and I have lost 2 since the 30th, sushi and all.

pintobean
01-07-2009, 03:30 PM
I've had mine since summer of 2008. Although I haven't managed to show a loss every week but I did lose 30+ lbs with the help of sensewear and I can't feel grateful enough. I would love to show a consistent loss every week but I guess lots of factors come to play when it comes to losing weight. So if you have any tips or things to share please do so :) . I'd love to share experiences, good or bad when it comes to BB or SW.

I went to Disneyworld this summer and was wondering about it showing on my arm too but after day 1 or so I was like eh who cares. I did wear short sleeved t-shirts and sometimes the sleeve would ride up to expose my SW and I would pull it down to cover cuz I was worried :D but after a while I stopped doing it. Nobody asked me anything. Go have fun :)

From what I read and understood you are only supposed to wear it on your left arm. Maybe BB directions are diff from SW but that's what mine said.

I do agree, WH, you have one excellent arm ;)

Idealmuse
01-07-2009, 05:03 PM
"So my answer may be rude but if you paid for the program, why not use it and find out where your numbers really are. If you reach your 6 months and are done with the BB, switch to DP"

Not rude at all but I think I just wasn't clear. I totally plan on trying the food logging part of the bodybugg, but the food logs are SO important to my progress (I had lost upto 115lbs logging on Myfooddiary) that it would just be a bummer if I ended up not liking the logging software you know? If that ends up being the case I can just keep track elsewhere.

I have no qualms about paying 8 bucks a month for the service myself. I had done WW in the past too and it seems like a bargain to me in comparison... Whats 8 bucks? 2 lattes?

Anyway I'm excited... 2 more days until I'm hooked up.

pintobean
01-07-2009, 05:37 PM
....Not rude at all but I think I just wasn't clear. I totally plan on trying the food logging part of the bodybugg, but the food logs are SO important to my progress (I had lost upto 115lbs logging on Myfooddiary) that it would just be a bummer if I ended up not liking the logging software you know? If that ends up being the case I can just keep track elsewhere....

If you go here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146354) and scroll down and check out page 1 for kuhljeanie's post and page 5 for ndnguy85's post they have posted pictures of software. kuhljeanie has sensewear and ndnguy85 has a BB v2. I really like the web food log as I can see in detail all aspects of the food that's going in me. I have created my own recipes also and added to the resourses. I also have Sensewear and can only vouch for that. I do not have any info on BB.

HTH :D

Idealmuse
01-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks Pinto!

Realist
01-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi all,

I am so in love with my bodybugg. I feel like it keeps me accountable. And I appreciate that. As you can see from my ticker, I am "very" overweight. It suggests I burn 3300 calories and each about 2000 (for a 2.5 per week lose). I have found it is hard to hit the 3300 unless I work out. Now of course I should work out, and I have every day since getting this darn thing, BUT I would like to take a day off every now and then. And the guilt hits for not getting my steps and required burned calories in. Anyone else have this issue as well? Also, I am a little disappointed in my sleeping burn rate of about 1.6 to 1.7 calories per minute. DH got one as well and he burns 2.5 while sleeping. Poo stick!!

What are the numbers you are all working towards?

Angie

Idealmuse
01-14-2009, 02:30 AM
Real -

You should take a day off every now and then from exercise if it keeps you on track in the long run. A few days a week won't throw you that off track... Say you take the day off from exercise. That day you can cut down the calories to maybe 1500 and try to do a few extra things around the house to get close to your deficit target. Even if you don't hit the target for the day you may come close. Some days you might go over so hopefully it evens out.

It will be good practice for when you have to start lowering your calorie limit.

Man men have it easy don't they? My sleep burn rate is only like 1.4 currently. Alas I guess that will drop too the fitter/lighter we get.

Right now I have mine set a bit higher then suggested at 2.5 per week since I'm trying to drop some extra weight to make training easier. (For Triathlons) I'll back down to 2lbs/week in a few weeks. My current calorie burn target is about 2850 and I upped my calorie Target to 1600 from the suggested 1500 or so.

I've only been on it since late last week and I love this little bugger I only wish my watch would keep synched. Too man damn wireless things in this house.

L144S
01-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi all,

I am so in love with my bodybugg. I feel like it keeps me accountable. And I appreciate that. As you can see from my ticker, I am "very" overweight. It suggests I burn 3300 calories and each about 2000 (for a 2.5 per week lose). I have found it is hard to hit the 3300 unless I work out. Now of course I should work out, and I have every day since getting this darn thing, BUT I would like to take a day off every now and then. And the guilt hits for not getting my steps and required burned calories in. Anyone else have this issue as well? Also, I am a little disappointed in my sleeping burn rate of about 1.6 to 1.7 calories per minute. DH got one as well and he burns 2.5 while sleeping. Poo stick!!

What are the numbers you are all working towards?

Angie

Angie,
Here are my stats for 1.5 a week:
Eat 1600
burn 2550
Steps 10000
activity 2 hours (I walk the dog everday for about an hour, longer on the weekend)

I am not as over weight at you are but I still need to lose. I never plan a day off, but they do happen. Last saturday for example I ended up out all day, nachos for lunch, a movie with popcorn and candy, and take out chineese for dinner and NO real activity. I ended up with 3000 cals for the day for 1500 over and no extra burn of 950. I took the next 5 days to make up for it. dropped my cals by 100 and upped my activity by 350 compansate, but not everyone will do that and it is OK. I look at each day as all I have to do is what is on my chart and I love at the end of the day when I have met my goal. I am back on track and I am good with that.

My answer to you is that if you can't meet your goal 6 out of 7 days, reset your goals. Don't set yourself up to fail. There is nothing wrong with a shorter amaller goal that you can obtain and live with and then reevaluating for another goal. Take it one day at a time and you will get there!

Last I would recomend listening to Jillian Micheals podcast, You can download it off the KFI Radio website (google it) and I found some back podcast of Matt McNuff's website. She is amazing, so together and really gives some sound advice to changing your life and making small changes, I find her incredably motivating and she is for sure keeping my head in the game.

I think ultimately we all want the same thing, a life and a body that we ca appriciate what it does for us rather than a body and a life we have to cope with.

You can do this, make your goals realistic and doable for your life style, once you see the scale moving and you start feeling better about reaching a daily goal your head will get in the game and you will be on the right track to keep moving on. If you cant meet that daily goal you will fail and you need to keep in mind that this BB is all about YOU! no one else, no one needs to see the numbers or anything like that, everyone has to pick a daily goal that they can achive with effort, but not unrealistic.

I am sure you have heard all of this before, but find some activity you like, walking for me, eliptical because I can tune out to the TV and do it to reach your daily goal. reaching your daily goal will lead you to the weight loss you want. We can do this together!

be well,
-L

accountable
01-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Mine is in the mail. I can't wait to start using it.

I think my body knows it's coming because it has been dropping weight like crazy this week. It's scared...."No, No, I'll be good." Ha, Ha

WardHog
01-14-2009, 12:16 PM
My goal is to lose 1 lb per week, and to do this, it set my calories to burn at 2150 and calories to consume at 1650. My step goal is 12,000/day and my activity goal is 3 hours/day. I guess that's what I get for being close to my goal weight. My burn while sleeping is 1 measly little calorie per minute. :sigh:

lovelandtx
01-14-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm new to 3FC but have been reading you guys for a few months. I got a sensewear unit in November. It definitely makes me accountable to the activity & nutrition - Here are my stats for 1.5 a week:
Eat 1800
burn 2550
Steps 10000
Activity 45 min/day (Strength train 2x/week, cardio 1 hr 5-6 days/week)
Sleep burn rate 1.4 cal/min - deep sleep goes down to 1 cal/min!
I know sometimes my body 'rebels' against me because of the strenuous workouts and I'll not lose anything for a few days. So, I think it's good to rest a day a week. The true metric for this device & bodybugg is your own body!
Take care, Liz :carrot:

L144S
01-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Ok so for you BB users, this is my 3rd week and I should have WI today, the first week is asked, last week was my coaching and she showerd me where and now I can't find were to WI...any help?

I love that every persons program is so individual to meet there needs to meet their own personal goal.

Liz, :welcome: to 3FC! great site!

Idealmuse
01-14-2009, 05:54 PM
I believe it's the Body measurements tab (tan colored) on the left to update your measurements/weight. I can't check for sure, because it tells me it's too soon to update mine when I click on it.

L144S
01-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks, I found it!

Realist
01-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi all,

I wanted to thank you all for your responses to my questions. I can actually hit the steps and calories burned, but I have to "try". By that I mean get some form of exercise in that day, mostly walking. That was really my question, should I wig out about not hitting it every day? Honestly I have not had a day when the deficit was smaller than 1000 calories, and more often it is around 1400, so I should probably just keep doing what I am doing and know my body will drop some weight. :)

Later
Angie

WardHog
01-14-2009, 08:33 PM
I would definitely not wig out about it. If you look at your calorie balance report over a period of time, and you see an average deficit and you are losing, then you are doing great. If not, you might need to tweak some things.

Personally, I exercise every day that I can. Some weeks that means 7 days, and some weeks 4 days. If I have an appointment or a sick kid and I can't do it, then that's life. But if I can do it, I do.

Realist
01-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Wardhog, can I just say in a "I am not coming on to you" kind of way that you are stunning? And I am a happily married woman, so really not coming on to you. LOL

WardHog
01-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Realist, thank you so much! You just made my day. :)

Sarica
01-20-2009, 05:38 PM
I just received mine (SenseWear)! I am so excited to get started, but I am sure to be back with many questions for all of you. :D

jajabee
01-21-2009, 10:18 PM
I just received mine, too! It's smaller than I thought it would be. :) For starters, I'm looking forward to my upper arm getting smaller as I lose weight, yikes! :D

My first full day with it tomorrow will be snowboarding... I wonder how it will do under a parka? And I bet the pedometer will be all wacky... all that sliding and falling down. :) We'll see!

BelovedImzadi
01-21-2009, 10:29 PM
I have mine, my goal is to lose two pounds a week.

Burn: 3050
Consume: 2050
Activity: 30/min day

I'm going to blog about my progress with it at http://bodyblogg.com

I'm really glad it came before school goes back in. I go back on Monday so I won't really have a regular routine until then.

Idealmuse
01-22-2009, 12:37 AM
So how are the other new buggers liking it so far?

Still happy with mine. Friday will be my second weigh in. The only complaint I have right now is with the Mac compatibility. The bugg keeps forgetting I've already installed the software about once a day or so. I think I'm going to have to call their tech support.

Chrissykin
01-22-2009, 06:33 AM
Can anyone tell me how long it took for their BodyBugg to arrive? I ordered one on Monday morning and have yet to get a shipment notice.

pintobean
01-22-2009, 08:26 AM
I am curious to know if any of you are having similar issues. For some reason I cannot set my sensewear profile goal to 2 lb/week loss. Mine would not go over 1.75 lb/week. Although I swear when I initially got it last year I was able to. But I am not sure. For the moment it's set to 1 lb/week as I am being realistic. I would love to lose 2 lbs every week but I know it's not going to happen. For whatever reason it doesn't happen with me consistently.
Do you guys have similar issues?

BelovedImzadi
01-22-2009, 10:24 AM
LOL. Last night was my first night sleeping with the bugg and I logged 85 steps!

Can anyone tell me how long it took for their BodyBugg to arrive? I ordered one on Monday morning and have yet to get a shipment notice.

Did you order it from 24 hour fitness? I ordered mine on Saturday and it came yesterday. I never received a shipment notice and under my account it always said pending. You will probably get it in the next couple of days.

L144S
01-22-2009, 02:19 PM
I am still happy with the BB, I try to wear it at night, but it does need to charge :) I am losing and I do feel better meeting my daily goals....I seem to be losing every other week. i have mine set to a little more than a LB a week.

Just wondering how much I am going to love it in the summer on my arm. I have to experiment with it on my leg or something like that :)

accountable
01-22-2009, 06:16 PM
I've had my BB for a week now and already believe the purchase has paid off. I now can go a long time without even being conscious that it's on my arm. I love the immediate feedback - especially that comes with the digital display. I have been able to resist some food temptations this week that I usually succumb to because I didn't want to have to see those calorie counts on my BB page. I love being able to see exactly what I burned during my workouts. I'm amazed about the huge difference a workout day versus a day I don't go to the gym (I usually don't go on the weekend) makes in reaching my targets. My official weigh-in is tomorrow and it looks like it is going to be a 1-2 lb loss which is breaking though a plateau I have been on for a long time.:carrot:

Chrissykin
01-22-2009, 06:40 PM
LOL. Last night was my first night sleeping with the bugg and I logged 85 steps!

Did you order it from 24 hour fitness? I ordered mine on Saturday and it came yesterday. I never received a shipment notice and under my account it always said pending. You will probably get it in the next couple of days.

Yes, I ordered from 24 hour fitness. I emailed yesterday to check on the status and they emailed me the shipment notice. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.:carrot:

Jayme31
01-22-2009, 08:08 PM
This may sound like a horrible question...but how big is the armband with the BB? I am VERY overwieght,, nearly 400 pounds...My arms are huge and i wonder if it would fit on a person of my size?? thanks

kuhljeanie
01-22-2009, 08:12 PM
i don't know about the BB, but my sensewear came with two armbands, one larger and one smaller. they were designed to help morbidly obese folks and WLS patients, so i'm guessing they'd be fine - but you can certainly call them and ask.

cheers!

Sabra
01-22-2009, 08:28 PM
The BB also comes w/2 arm straps. According to my box, the medium is 12" (fits an arm circumference of 9"-18") and the large is 21" (fits an arm circumference of 12"-24").

BelovedImzadi
01-22-2009, 10:37 PM
This may sound like a horrible question...but how big is the armband with the BB? I am VERY overwieght,, nearly 400 pounds...My arms are huge and i wonder if it would fit on a person of my size?? thanks

It will probably fit. It also would not be too difficult to extend it with a strip of velcro. I carry a lot of weight in my arms and it fits without any problem (my arms are 19"). The only issue I really have in terms of the size of my arms is that it is hard to get it to feel secure without it cutting into my fat.

jajabee
01-23-2009, 11:01 AM
The Gowear Fit (another version of the BB and Sensewear) only comes with one armband that I saw, the Medium, I think. I'm 5'9 and a little over 200lbs, and I pretty much have the strap on the largest possible setting. Sigh.

BelovedImzadi
01-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Yesterday was my first full day with my bodybugg. It was great. It really helped being able to see exactly how many calories I consumed. I didn't hit my burned/consumed goals, but I did reach my target deficit. Once school starts back up (on Monday) I will have no trouble hitting my targets.

karmakitty
01-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi! I have had my bodybugg since christmas and I really like it. I havent lost a ton of weight yet, but I have been kind of slacking and just getting to know it. I am trying to start being more strict.

my sleeping calorie burn is only 1.1 - 1.3 sigh... but it really does motivate me to exercise and hit my calorie goals

smiles4u
01-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi everyone:wave:
I've had my Bodybugg since the end of September and I LOVE it! It has changed the whole way I look at weight loss and it has kept me motivated and accountable every day. I have lost weight every week and although I don't exercise every day it has motivated me to get moving and reach my calorie burn goal every day. Sometimes I do wish the weight loss was a little faster but I know I'm in complete control of that now and that makes me feel great!
My calorie intake goal is: 1750
My calorie burn goal is: 2500
I set up my program for 10 pounds at a time and when I reach that goal I tweak the new program to suit my needs. My current program is set up to lose 1.5 pounds per week. I have lost 25 pounds in 18 weeks.
It is great to hear how others are going so thank you to everyone for sharing. I feel for the first time in my life that I am in complete control and I believe that I will succeed this time taking one day at a time. I LOVE the logic of it all...it has truly changed my life!

PS. I do have a very noticeable indent on my right arm so I've just it moved it to my left one to even things out a bit!

Chrissykin
01-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Today is my second day. Twice today an alarm has gone off with a MSG message. I haven't eaten any MSG so I am not sure what it means.

The first time was a couple of hours after lunch I had homemade chili with beans.

The second time was later in the day and I hadn't eaten anything.

WardHog
01-24-2009, 08:21 PM
If my display says MSG! it means I have met one of my daily goals. When it beeps at you, press the "mode" button and it should display which goal you have met. :)

BelovedImzadi
01-24-2009, 09:21 PM
My calories when I am sleeping are not much lower than when I am awake, and I have ever been logging steps. I'm guessing that is a good indication I am not getting a restful sleep. lol

Nori71
01-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Tomorrow will be 1 week with my BB.

I LOVE it! I love the display that came with it. It makes me more conscious of what I'm eating and how much I'm moving.

I bought mine online though 24 hour and you could get an additional 10% ($25) off by setting up an acct at my apex. So it was 233.00 including s/h.

It has been an eye-opening experience and I think I'll be eternally thankful that my trainer kept on me to get one. I have been VERY frustrated with my lack of weight loss for about 6 months now. He, on the other hand, was probably getting very annoyed at my constant complaints about not losing, and all along told me that I had to be living at maintenance. And now, to put it simply, I KNOW WHY!! There were not consistent deficits and so I would only lose .2 or .4 per week...and at this weight that's ridiculous! I have been basically operating at maintenance. So now that it's so easy to keep a 800-1000 calorie deficit going each day the scale is moving once again. I had lost over 50 pounds from Nov 07-present with most of it being in the first few months and then stalled.

I was a little annoyed with how slowly I burn calories and then just realized that that's how it is. I knew that the cardio machines are the gym aren't calibrated right, but 100% off is more accurate! I go for 30 min on the step mill and it will tell me 600 calories! According to my body bug I only get a tad under 300!

Does/did anyone here use a HR monitor? My HR monitor also tells me I burn more calories than the BB does.

As far as the band fitting larger arms...I carry a lot of weight in my arms and it fits fine with LOTS of room.

P.S. HI ANJULI!

jajabee
01-26-2009, 11:10 PM
I've been using mine for about 5 days now, and it's had such a profound effect on the way I look at activity and eating. Last week, if I knew I was doing okay-but-not-great with my calories for the day, I'd just shrug and try to keep dinner reasonable (which often turned out to not be so reasonable). Every day was full of guesswork about how much I was eating and how much I was burning, and I hated it.

Now it's almost a game. When I move, whether it's a little or a lot, this thing on my arm rewards me with charts that show what I did mattered, and with a number that tells me exactly how much I have to eat (or not eat) in order to meet my goals. I've completely stopped worrying about it. On days when I have time, I find all sorts of excuses to go outside and try to get some "vigorous activity" on my charts... and on days like today, when all I did was sit on my butt for 8 hours, one glance at the numbers and I know that it's vegetable soup and a long walk for dinner tonight. :)

L144S
01-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Jaja, :welcome: to 3fc, a great little corner of the web.

I am OP, but I just don't seem to be losing! I burn NOTHING while I sleep, and inacive times, I either have to figure out how to get more out of my WO or up my time doing it, neither sound that apealing to me right now :)

I have lost 5 ish and I am going to keep plugging away. I have dome digestive issues so working around them can be tough, I have to be careful when I hit the i'm not hungry part of cutting calories and I can't eat a ton of fiber or veggies/fruit. But keep plugging I will do! Well 5 isn't bad, It still comes out to just about a LS a week so I will shut up now :)
-L

accountable
01-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Today was my first day to log in a calorie surplus.:rolleyes: I didn't like THAT feeling. I'm not going to do that again for a long time hopefully. My unplanned cookie indulgence this afternoon turned into a cookie and more cookies and icecream meltdown. Back on plan now. :carrot:

jajabee
01-30-2009, 11:37 AM
So I'm on a 2 week freelancing job right now that's in "crunch", so I'm basically just sitting on my butt for 12 hours a day. The past few days, I've only burned about 2,000 calories a day. I've been happily eating a 1,000 calorie deficit, but that means I'm eating less than 1,200 some days. I'm not hungry at the end of those days, it's not like I've expended much energy... but I'm worried I might be sabotaging my weight loss. Has anyone else with one of these armbands experienced this, or have any advice?

UKbarristerchick
01-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to 3FC and really enjoying everyone's posts and information about the BB/Sensewear. I'm in the UK but ordered one off Ebay on Friday and can't wait to get it! :) From all the research I've conducted into the BB and reading various user reviews, I don't think there is any bar to me using it in the UK. I must confess I'm a little anxious about the calorie logging aspect of it because I haven't always been very good at accountability - but clearly that is one of the things I have to get used to in order to be successful and lose this weight!

I've never joined an online community forum before and think the support is just what I need. It is good to know I'm not alone in my struggle!

Will let everyone know how I get on...

Wish me luck!

L144S
01-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Welcome UK! Great site, you will love the BB, the food data base is a little annoying but it does get better. Let us know how you like it. It has become a part of me, i forget I have it on and I have no problem logging food. If I know I am going to be out, I will log it on my ipod or a peice of paper and add it later.

ryverthorn
01-31-2009, 07:12 PM
I've had my BB for about a day and so far I'm loving it. I do have a question about the food logging though. I notice a difference between what apackage of food says it has in it and what the BB software says it has. I've been just manually entering everything because I figure the label from the manufacturer has to be the more correct one right?

UKbarristerchick
01-31-2009, 07:18 PM
Hi L14SS,

Thanks for your support! I have been trying to get into the habit of noting down calories in foods etc, and I have even taken to cutting the nutrition information out of my favourite/most eaten foods packets so that I have them as a quick reference! Lol But I figure I need to get this part down pat if I am really going to realise the benefits of the BB.

L144S
01-31-2009, 07:32 PM
UK counting your calories is important in how well you will do. There have been a few days where I thought for sure I was WAY over, one day was lunch, turned out I wan't too hungry for dinner anyway. Another was a dinner out and when I came home and entered, it wan't that bad. I have gotten in the habit of looking up resturants and making a choice before I go.

As for the food log, I have entered a lot of the Trader Joes stuff I eat but sometimes I find somethng similar in the database and adjust the quantity to meet the cals. Lazy I know and probobly throws off the days carb/protein/fat breakdown, but I don't care :)

Sandi
02-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Question about the digital display. Is it worth it? Should I spend the extra $99.00 to get it? I have 8 inch wrists and worry about it fitting.

pintobean
02-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Question about the digital display. Is it worth it? Should I spend the extra $99.00 to get it? I have 8 inch wrists and worry about it fitting.

I have a display unit but I don't wear it all the time. Mine can be worn on the wrist like a watch or on your belt loop/pocket edge etc. It's pretty small so can be easily hidden under your t-shirt if worn on your belt loop. I have a sensewear.

babes315
02-02-2009, 05:04 PM

I would say it depends on your personality. If you crave instant feedback, then I think the digital display is worth it. If you just need a ballpark figure to keep you motivated or don't mind syncing it to your computer a few times a day, then it might not make sense for you. I actually thought that I would wear mine as a watch, but I am not used to wearing a watch and the band is plastic, so I wear it as a clip instead on my jeans.

Sandi
02-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I think I would love the immediate feedback, but I do computers for a living, so I am always at a computer.

Decisions, decisions!!!

ryverthorn
02-02-2009, 07:19 PM
I like my digital display.
I notice towards the end of the day if Im lacking a little for calories burned I'll exercise so that I can hear it beep to say I met my goal. It's almost like a game to me lol.

L144S
02-02-2009, 09:25 PM
You have to download java on your computer so it may or may not be "perfect" for every computer. I wear my display clipped inward on my bra strap. I like it, but it came with so that was fine. I will agree, it is a game as I sit here beeping :) and a game I seem will ing to play everyday :)

How is eveyone doing with wight loss? I am down around 6 since jan 1.

accountable
02-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I think the instant feedback from the digital display is priceless. Lucky for me, it actually was because it was a free special body bugg had in January when I got mine.:)

Things are going well with my program since I started using my BB. It looks like I'm going to be 2-3 pounds away from goal at my official weigh-in tomorrow - finally seeing numbers on the scale I haven't seen in a LONG time (lower numbers that is). Despite not being able to go to the gym or even get that much activity in the past two weeks, I have been able to easily make adjustments and still lose weight. Knowing what I am burning sure does keep it real.

Chrissykin
02-05-2009, 09:28 PM

I don't care for the watch. It is hard plastic and bugs me. I tried wearing the display with the belt clip on my shirt, it went flying off and I didn't know it at the gym. Some guy brought it to me. Then, I had it clipped to my bra stap. Well, it went through the washer last night. Thank goodness it is water resistant. Now, it stays on my dresser safe and sound. I have had this thing less than a week.

Suzanne 3FC
02-05-2009, 10:14 PM
You've all convinced me, I've just placed my order :)

L144S
02-05-2009, 10:38 PM
excellent Suzanne. Let us know what you think

Nori71
02-05-2009, 11:05 PM
I wear my display clipped inward on my bra strap. I like it, but it came with so that was fine. How is eveyone doing with wight loss? I am down around 6 since jan 1. I also wear mine clipped to my bra. The watch/band isn't comfy for me? And the band is just too ugly imo. (Maybe I'm vain?) I also bought mine last month when the display was free. I don't wear it all the time anymore though. After only 2.5 weeks I can ballpark where I'm at with my expenditures depending on if it's a gym day vs. a "just talk a walk day" vs. a "sit on my butt day". I've lost 6 pounds since Jan 22nd. Some of it water weight obviously. But, this little thing has made me so much more mindful of the big picture. That every calorie burned makes a difference! And that that extra 200 calorie snack isn't so necessary... I do have to say I was WAY off in my "estimates" of how many calories I burned in a 24 hour period. WAY OFF!! I thought I burned more calories than I do. :( But knowledge is power and I'm finally losing weight again after a few months of .2 and .4 pound losses per week.

babes315
02-06-2009, 03:19 AM
You've all convinced me, I've just placed my order :)

That is so exciting Suzanne! Which one did you go with, the BodyBugg, GoWear Fit or Sensewear?

Sandi
02-06-2009, 10:08 AM
I ordered one too!!!! I bought the bodybugg through 24 hour fitness - they say it has shipped already!

I am very excited to start using it!!! :carrot:

tigarlily1
02-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been reading this thread and the other one about the body bugg for some time now and finally purchased mine last week. I have been axiously waiting for it to come in the mail. Should be here by Monday! I'm very excited and can't wait to start using and losing! I have about 40lbs to lose but only 20 to my first goal. Hopefully this will be the boost in accountability I need to get back on track.

Gretchenpdx
02-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi,

Glad people are having success!

I started with WW online in Sept 08, then added BB in late Nov 08 and have just upgraded to the v3 BB (the cool tiny black one) and am going to not renew my WW subscription cause logging food 2x was annoying! I feel like I am learning more about portions/what I actually *need* with BB than on WW, if you know what I mean! (not knocking WW, dh is still using WW and it does work)

So far -46# with both programs.

I KNOW BB helped me around Xmas.

Oh and I do not have the display and for me it is fine and the food log/software is like any other, once you add your fave meals/recipes that are not in there it is good (and you can say you at the same as a recent meal or dump all your cals in one meal if you want to be faster/do not need to be 100%).

Anyway, I LOVE the v3 it is almost like not wearing anything!
Gretchen

UKbarristerchick
02-07-2009, 06:37 AM
My BB is nearly here...I can't wait - I'm so excited! Hopefully it will be delivered on Monday...:carrot:

From reading about everyone's experience with the BB or SW, one of the things I have accepted I really need to take on board is logging exactly everything that goes into my mouth. Therefore, I ordered a diet journal (I know I can simply use a mini notebook but it's something pretty to log my food in!:)) and drafted a one week meal plan yesterday -took me about 3hrs to plan! But, one of my challenges is that I often get home from work FAMISHED and tend to pick on whatever’s in the fridge cupboard BEFORE I actually eat my dinner. So, although I generally eat quite well…I have been reading that most successful ‘losers’ plan their meals to some degree. I am feeling quite positive about doing that, and will be heading to the supermarket between today and tomorrow to do the shopping for this. I think it will assist me in being accountable for each thing I put into my mouth. I am also starting the food journal because I realise the BB doesn’t work in the way it should unless you are honest about what you have eaten! Wish me luck...

Suzanne 3FC
02-07-2009, 01:48 PM
That is so exciting Suzanne! Which one did you go with, the BodyBugg, GoWear Fit or Sensewear?

Bodybugg! It should arrive Thursday :carrot:

jleeson
02-07-2009, 04:49 PM
After reading a lot of posts on here about the bodybugg I finally decided to get one. It should arrive sometime this week. I cant wait to start using it!

Nori71
02-07-2009, 05:20 PM
For anyone who has been wearing their BB longer than I have (2.5 weeks)...did you have to fine-tune anything? Like your activity level or something? In a perfect world I'm aiming for a 1000 cal deficit each day in order to lose 2 pounds per week. By looking at the math before I enter my weight it's clear that I have never managed a perfect deficit of 7000. No shock. Anyways, I've consistently lost 3 pounds per week. So the software adjusts itself to show that I MUST have only consumed on avg 950 cal/day - which I KNOW I never do. I avg 1500-1800. I know I do estimate on the high side whenever there is an estimate to be made. But I know I'm not overestimating by 600+ calories a day. I eat, and I eat well! Averaging 5-6 300-400 calorie meals throughout the day.
I'm thinking that I must burn more calories than it says I do? I know this is like splitting hairs and obviously things are going in the right direction, but it bugs me! Maybe this is just the honeymoon phase still also. It's been awhile since I've lost weight at this clip. I was just wondering if there's a way to tweak it for your metabolism? I meet with my trainer on Monday and will ask him as well.

Nori71
02-07-2009, 05:22 PM
UKbarristerchick- that looks like a great plan. Success is all about planning. I know I've heard before that not planning is planning to fail.

jajabee
02-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Nori71, when you say you haven't gotten the 3,500 deficit each week, do you mean 7,000? Cause it's -7,000 cals a week to lose two pounds, -3,500 would only put you at one-ish pound a week. Just checking, cause that could explain it! :)

Otherwise, if you've lost 6 pounds since you started wearing it (if I'm reading that right), but only expected to lose 4... could it be that you've lost 4 pounds of fat and 2 pounds of water?

Whatever it is, you're obviously working hard and doing a great job, so congrats! :D

Nori71
02-07-2009, 05:31 PM
YEah, I did mean 7000 per week! Sorry! I do know some basics! Yeah, I'm not overly worried about it. If it was the other way around and I wasn't losing "enough"it'd be a challenge to be happy about it!

UKbarristerchick
02-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Nori71,

Thanks for that :-) That's a great quote, and will definitely record on my blog how I'm doing with the food planning. :-)

Gretchenpdx
02-08-2009, 02:47 PM
UKbarristerchick,

Maybe also try to have a snack at work or on the way home so you are not SO hungry before/while preparing dinner.
I have found that eating between meals keeps my metabolism revved up AND I eat smaller meals as the cals are spread out over time.

I know all of our bodies work uniquely though!

Good luck!

UKbarristerchick
02-08-2009, 03:09 PM
That's a GREAT tip - I will definitely try it out when I go back to work on Tuesday! Cheers!

Rock Chalk Chick
02-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Hi girls - I love my BB! I was an early-adopter - I've had mine for 3 years! It helped me lose about 20 pounds at first, then I kind of slacked on the whole process (i.e. I wore it and still enjoyed the "gadget" factor, but didn't really monitor food intake and didn't really lose any weight).

I then took some time off since it wasn't working so well and I didn't feel like paying $100/yr from my grad student budget (though it's still rather cheap in the big picture!) I recently got an e-mail offering me a discounted upgrade based on my length of time, and logged in to find they'd extended my contract with a free 6 months to "lure" me back. (Hey, free services? heck yeah!) I dusted off the old toy and am loving using it again - I've lost almost 12 pounds in the last couple weeks (results not typical, water weight, etc, etc).

Anyhow, I've got a question for folks with the new models - just how small is the new black v3? And how big is the watch? (comparable to a regular men's sports watch? bigger? smaller?)

My poor old v1 is faded and most of the decals have rubbed off - it looks a sight, but still works like a champ! At the same time, walking around with a large deck of cards in my sleeve is a little annoying - if the new one is enough smaller, it might be worth the upgrade. (Plus the v1 is pre-digital display, so I have to upgrade if I want to switch to that). Any thoughts?

Gretchenpdx
02-11-2009, 03:35 PM
I was a v2 user that just upgraded to v3 and I *love* the v3, it is very small and the strap is much more comfy too (it is fixed on one side vs open on both, not sure how v1 was though). The v3 strap has a little plastic holder that the BB pops into and the strap is fixed to that on one side). The material is more comfortable too.

I bet it is MUCH better than v1, I'd go for it if you will be using BB again.

I do not have the digital display (due to $ and not wanting to be able to check it 100X/day) so I cannot help on that.

The v3 us about 2" high and less than 2.5" wide and really thin -and it has a usb rechargeable battery!

Good luck, let us know what you decide to do

pintobean
02-11-2009, 04:17 PM
FYI - Just wanted to let everyone know I discovered a hairline crack on the plastic near the metal sensors of my SenseWear. It's been previously mentioned that the some of the SW v3 developed these issues. If you're under warranty Bodymedia will replace the device free of charge with 'no questions asked'. I'm getting a brand new one sometime this week. So make sure to check your device frequently. I bought mine summer of 2008.

Hope this helps :)

UKbarristerchick
02-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Well...I'm at home trying to set up my BB and I've encountered my first wee problem...I can't seem to enrol!:( I am on the apexfitness.com site and even though I've filled in every field correctly, it keeps telling me I "must select a State". I am a bit frustrated because even when I do (although I am not in the US), it still keeps giving me the same error message, therefore stopping me from enrolling. I am presuming that using the BB in the UK is not an issue (it HAS given me the option to choose international contact details), but anyway, I am on hold waiting to speak with technical support. Boy are they busy! I have been on hold for thepast 17 minutes. Good thing it doesn't cost too much to call the US...

UKbarristerchick
02-11-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm in! Got it working - am enrolled and now charging it. Will update tomorrow with how I get on! I'm so excited!

Rock Chalk Chick
02-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I was a v2 user that just upgraded to v3 and I *love* the v3, it is very small and the strap is much more comfy too (it is fixed on one side vs open on both, not sure how v1 was though). The v3 strap has a little plastic holder that the BB pops into and the strap is fixed to that on one side). The material is more comfortable too.

I bet it is MUCH better than v1, I'd go for it if you will be using BB again.

I do not have the digital display (due to $ and not wanting to be able to check it 100X/day) so I cannot help on that.

The v3 us about 2" high and less than 2.5" wide and really thin -and it has a usb rechargeable battery!

Good luck, let us know what you decide to do

Awesome - glad to know that you're glad you upgraded. As far as I've ever been able to tell, the v2 is essentially the v1 with digital display compatibility (and possibly a few other tweaks) - they're the same size and shape, so knowing that you're glad to have traded in the bulky deck of cards for the sleek postage stamp is reassuring.

I've been talking this over with my fiance tonight and, while he still thinks I'm a bit nuts for spending my money this way, he's supportive and reminded me that I still have a hoard of Christmas money to spend as I see fit. I'm thinking a new v3 might be in my future!

Destiny2009
02-11-2009, 11:29 PM
What exactly is the Bodywear? How much does it cost? Where can I find one?

babes315
02-12-2009, 03:24 AM
Hello Destiny -
Check out this link for more information on the BodyBugg and the GoWear Fit: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146354&highlight=bodybugg&page=28 , post number 407. You can buy the BodyBugg at the 24 Hour Fitness Store, Bodybugg.com and the GoWear Fit at Amazon.com or GoWearFit.com.

accountable
02-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Four weeks with my BB and 5 lbs down which is amazing considering how long I've been stalled and how close I am to goal. Only 2 lbs from goal and I feel great.

Suzanne 3FC
02-15-2009, 10:44 PM
I've been using my bodybugg this weekend for the first time and find it very enlightening. I'm happy with the purchase :) However, I wish I'd gone with the GoWear. Jen is ordering it. They have a current special that's a much better value. The BB has a food log, but frankly I'm not impressed with it :dizzy:

Wingz
02-16-2009, 12:31 AM
Checked my e mail Friday and seen that my wife's GoWear Fit has shipped so hopefully by this coming Friday I can get hers set up. She is in a Biggest Loser contest at her work place. I am excited for her she is doing good so far.

I also have a discount code for the GoWear if someone would like to use it PM me and I will fix you up.

rkyroads
02-16-2009, 12:45 PM
I have a Minifly - but I would imagine that the food logging programs for all of them are the same, since they are made by the same company. When I was first switching, I hated it, but now like it much more than my old one - this one automatically comes up with your usual choices, so you can easily click and go if you eat a lot of the same thing, which we all do. This only becomes apparent after you use it for a week or so. It is not fun to reenter the foods which you eat that are not on the list (again, since I did it for the old program, too) but really didn't take me too long to have most of my favorites in there. And the recipe option is a lot easier to use than my old one.

One thing I've heard about the GoWearFit is that it operates on the principle that you are eating the same number of calories - so you can only upload meals once every 3 days. Anyone have any comments on that?

I wonder if anyone else has experienced what I have: I have been wearing my Minifly for about 2 months now - and last week, it seems suddenly, I'm not burning as many calories at the same activities. I know that you can "adapt," but I've been doing essentially the same kinds of workouts for a year now, so why now, and why so much so suddenly?

L144S
02-16-2009, 02:53 PM
If you have lost weight, a signifigant amt, you may need to run your BMR again AND your body gets use to the same WO's so mixing it up is a good plan to rev your metabolizm. I personally have gone from 2 cals at night to 1, so I need to work a little harder to meet my goals, BUT I can't and don't always want to cut cals so I just have to move more... off to walk the dog :) (and me)
-L

tresor
02-16-2009, 03:31 PM
I ordered gowearfit and should be receiving it this week. I can't wait as this will force me to log all of my food. I'll check back to see for other's updates and opinions.

Sandi
02-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Hello!!

I got my BB last Wednesday and have been wearing it ever since. I really love it and can't wait until Thursday for my 1st weigh in.

As far as the food logging, I also am not impressed, it's fine, but I like fitday much better. If I wasn't already food logging then there wouldn't be an issue. I log my food into fitday and then transfer the calories into BB. This is partly due to the fact that I have so much info stored in fitday already. The other thing is that I can see a life without BB, but not without fitday. And if I ever quit wearing this, I want all my hard work (custom food entry) to still be available to me for free.

I really like my digital display because I can see in an instant where I am and I only have to download once a day. I also like the fact that it tells me when I have met my goals. But my FAVORITE is the trip feature. Taking the dog for a walk??? Set the trip and when you get home see how many calories that burned! Love it!!!

I am a big girl and a long time dieter. My biggest problem has always been that my mind (even though I know better) is very black and white. I am either on or off. Had a couple cookies...well now that your off your plan, might as well have a couple more!! But with BB, I can see that it may have increased my cals for the day, but I could move more to compensate or even make up for it the next day. I just could never think of it that way before. now I do!! :D

So far I love it!!! :love:

jajabee
02-16-2009, 04:22 PM
I had a bad day yesterday! :o

I've been consistently hitting between a -900 and -1050 daily calorie deficit the last few weeks, but after really doing a great job with all the chocolate and stuff on the 14th, I got overconfident on the 15th, and ended up with only a -200 calorie deficit for the day. If I underestimated on my tracking at all, or if the armband overestimated at all, then I might have just maintained for the day. Boo!

I'm mad at myself for not choosing to get up and get some activity in yesterday, I easily could have! So today I'm working on making up for it, I've already gone for a run, I'm finding more housework to do, and I'm going to take a spinning class and a yoga class at the gym tonight. I'd like to hit a -1,500 deficit today, which I think is reasonable for my weight and height, especially just for one day. Then tomorrow it'll be back to normal!

I am grateful that I can catch these slip-ups the day they happen, rather than only on the scale at the end of the week... and next time I'm tempted to have half a bottle of wine after sitting on my butt all day, I'm going to remember how lame it feels to plug in the armband and see how bad my choices were. :p

Mel
02-16-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm fascinated by this! I read on a blog that the body bugg was not good at picking up the activity and calories burned from either the elliptical or cycling. Has any one run into this problem? The blog was written quite a while ago, so the algorithms may have been updated. However, I don't want to invest in a tool that doesn't accurately reflect my main cardio activities.

How about strength training? Any ideas on the accuracy there?

Thanks!

Mel

babes315
02-16-2009, 09:47 PM
I feel that the GoWear Fit is accurate when I use the elliptical. The GoWear Fit doesn't show as high of a calorie burn as the elliptical does, but every trainer I have talked to has said that the gym machines are way off, and I believe them. I think overall it is accurate for showing your calorie burn, including strength training too.

If you are really into your stats, know that the GoWear Fit tells you the time you have spent at both "moderate" and "vigorous" activity, whereas the BodyBugg only tells give you one activity level (moderate).

rkyroads
02-16-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't know what do you mean, accurate? It certainly does not accurately count steps on my elliptical - It gives me only around 2700 steps for a 3 mile workout. And the calories registered are a LOT lower than my heart-rate monitor suggests. I don't know how much movement is part of the calorie equation. (My elliptical encourages a smooth, non bouncy motion.) And it doesn't seem to give me a high enough "vigorous" minutes when I do HIIT on the elliptical - it doesn't use heart rate as part of the equation, so apparently doesn't know that I'm working myself into the ground! I can jog at an easy pace and register "vigorous," but on the elliptical I have to really kill myself for it. (I don't think that the BodyBugg makes the differentiation between "moderate" and "vigorous" exercise...)

On the other hand, I've found wearing it that "workouts" are in the great scheme of things a minor part of your daily calorie burn - and wearing my Minifly has encouraged me to increase my movement in a hundred ways that I found excuses to ignore before. I really like the reminder that walking while talking on the phone makes a difference, and that a trip around the block after dinner is really worth while! Without seeing the actual numbers, it was too easy NOT to do those things.

Wingz
02-17-2009, 05:09 AM
According to UPS tracking the GoWear will arrive the 19th!!!! Which means I can have it charged up and have the week end to play with it. This one is my wife's and I am also thinking about one myself after I master hers.

From my reading the GoWear threads it doesn't have the best food logging I have did some looking around. What does the members here that use an outside food logging recommend? :?:

Rock Chalk Chick
02-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Well, I broke down and ordered a v3 with display yesterday! I'm so excited!!

I've been using my bodybugg again for about 2 weeks, and I don't know why I ever stopped! (Well, yeah, I do - I got lazy and bored with tracking food, but that's why I gained weight!) Anyhow, I'm amazed at how much I can accomplish even when I'm sitting all day (I'm a vet student - lot of classroom time!), and I love the fact that even though I eat a bit more on the weekends, I also move a LOT more, and it all balances out! Instead of kicking myself for eating "too much," I can just plug it in and see that I still have a 1500 cal deficit!

I've averaged a 1500 calorie deficit for the last 12 days, and had lost a little over 10 pounds before I got sick (though obviously that's not a normal rate as things move on!)

While I understand the limitations of the food logging of BB, I do find it's a useful tool once you get your "usual" foods entered. Honestly, while fitday has a lot of foods already present, I almost find there to be too many options for general foods, and I end up entering my own stuff off the food labels (i.e. there are 12 options for "cottage cheese" in fitday, but I still ended up entering my own 1% CC with the specific information, since they only have full-fat and low-fat) But I do understand the argument that all your hard work in the bodybugg software is lost if/when you decide to "graduate" to a non-subscription service.

Anyhow, I'm excited to have my second "official" BB weigh-in tomorrow, though it's going to be off by a bit because I've been down with food poisoning the last 2 days. (wanna lose 6 pounds fast? Empty your entire GI tract! Ugh!) I may enter my pre-sick weight, or skip this week's record, so that I don't have a dip and "regain" even though it's perfectly healthy.

Sandi
02-17-2009, 09:27 AM
I love fitday for food logging.

jajabee
02-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Mel, I've worn my armband once biking outdoors, and once in a Spinning class last night. I thought the outdoor biking burn chart looked accurate, it seemed to line up about with what I was feeling as far as intensity level goes. In the spinning class, though, it does seem pretty low. If you look at the chart, I've highlighted the class, from 6:30pm to 7:15pm, and you'll see it's not much higher than me just wandering around the gym before and after the class. Earlier in the day you can see the 2.5 mile run I did, which was very intense. I wasn't expecting the spinning class to be as intense as the running, but I do think it should have been closer to 75% the intensity of the running, rather than 25% or so. I think the armband might have trouble with smooth, stationary movements, since the accelerometer looks for the sharp impact of running or walking to figure out if you're actually moving, instead of just sitting in a sauna or watching a scary movie or something.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3305/3287476247_df29bfc0f2_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/44949619@N00/3287476247/)

LAHOKE2009
02-17-2009, 02:40 PM
How Did You Copy That Page And Paste It.

Mel
02-17-2009, 06:54 PM
jajabee- Thank you. That is exactly what I'd read on a cyclist's blog. I've also read that some people put them on their calf for spinning and get very different readings.

Still thinking about it....

Mel

babes315
02-18-2009, 12:26 PM
From my reading the GoWear threads it doesn't have the best food logging I have did some looking around. What does the members here that use an outside food logging recommend? :?:

I personally really like the Calorie King Diet and Exercise Manager, http://www.calorieking.com/software/ckdietdiarywin.php . It does cost ya, but you can try it out for free for a week to decide if you like it or not and the program works for multiple people in your household.

If you don't want to shell out the big bucks, many people use the dailyplate, fitday, sparkpeople or caloriecount.about.com, which are all free.

jajabee
02-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Mel, I'll definitely try putting it on my calf next time I take a spinning class! I'm going to be out of town for a week, but I'll post the chart Monday after next when I try it.

Just found out I'm down 1.2 pounds in the last 5 days (had to move my WW meeting up), just right for the 4,600 calorie deficit I had in those 5 days! Woo! :D

tresor
02-18-2009, 02:59 PM
My GWF arrived today and it's almost charged up. I can't wait to try it out.

RachelleS
02-18-2009, 05:56 PM
No wonder I wasn't getting any emails - the other thread is closed.

I'm starting my second week of wearing the BodyBugg. It was crashing my computer and causing a keyboard failure when I tried to upload - here it was the USB cord so I used my camera one - just received the new one yesterday. So far so good.

I didn't lose anything the first week - weight 197.6 both Friday's so hopefully I will see a loss this week. My coach said to try for a 1000 deficit so I'm trying. I'm set up for 2500 calories burn and 2000 calories to eat - I'm trying to eat around 1500 calories as I'm doing ChaLEAN Extreme and that is what it recommended for my weight. I'm usually at 1600-1700 calories though. Yesterday I even had over 15000 steps. It does make me move more to get those 10000 steps in.

I'm liking it - I too though like Fitday so much better for entering my foods. I am using both right now.

Rachelle

LAHOKE2009
02-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Hello My Name Is Lisa And I Have The Gowear And They Did An Update And Now You Have The Choice Of Daily Food Log Or The 3 Day Assement.

tresor
02-19-2009, 09:36 AM
My GWF arrived yesterday and I wore it last night for the first time. I went to bed at 10 and was soon asleep. I was awake at 6:30 AM. It didn't register my sleep time from 10 - midnight but did register from midnight to 6:30 AM. Other than that, so far I am pleased. I didn't order the display with the GFW but ordered after the fact and it should be here today.

tigarlily1
02-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey everyone! I recieved and started using my body bugg about a week and a half ago now. I started on a Monday but prefer my weigh in days to be on Fridays so I haven't weighed in yet this week. It's been difficult getting in the swing of things... plus I was really sick last weekend and found it difficult to burn enough calories to hit my 1000 calorie deficit those days. Hopefully I still have a good weigh in tomorrow tho.

My plan is to eat 1300 calories and burn 2300. Because I have a desk job I find this REALLY hard to do unless I go to the gym. When I'm at the gym I usually shoot to burn 500 calories. How many do you ladies want to burn at the gym? What's your goal?

My relationship with my body bugg is a love/hate relationship. LOL. I love being able to know where I'm ACTUALLY at and how I'm doing. I love being able to know that I've done enough for the day and now I can relax and feel accomplished rather than worried and guilty. But, I HATE looking at the website and seeing that I still have 500 calories to burn at 8pm at night. I hate seeing how seditary I actually am. Although I know it's better to know.

1000 calorie a day deficit is really hard. It's so much work for just two lbs. Man!

babes315
02-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Hello My Name Is Lisa And I Have The Gowear And They Did An Update And Now You Have The Choice Of Daily Food Log Or The 3 Day Assement.

Thanks Lisa for letting us know about this!!

For everyone else with a GoWear Fit, if you go to the "Resources" tab and then select "Preferences", it asks you "How would you like to track your Calorie Consumption" and you now have the option of "Daily Food Logging" or the "3 Day Nutrition Assessment". I don't know why they didn't do this sooner!

Here is a link from the website as well: http://www.gowearfit.com/NEW-Site-Features-2-2

Sandi
02-19-2009, 01:10 PM
If they had done that 2 weeks sooner, I would have more money in my pocket and a gowear fit on my arm!!! :)

Week 1 weigh in - Had a 7000 calorie deficit for the week, so I was hoping for 2 lb loss...I lost 6!!! :D I know some of it is water weight, but I'll take it!!

It also drives me crazy seeing how sedentary I am. But that just makes me all that much more careful about what I put in my mouth.

RachelleS
02-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Well, the second USB cord BodyBugg sent me crashed my computer the second time I used it. That is so darn frustrating. Hubby resets the battery than I have to go in and change the date/time, reset the screensaver, etc. UGH.

The last couple of days I've gotten in over 15000 & 12000 steps and a 1000+ deficit so hopefully some changes are made soon if I can keep that up. Today my display doesn't want to stay in sync so I've got my band so darn tight - which isn't fun as it is more uncomfortable. But I get really ticked when it's out of sync - it annoys me for some reason - like it's not keeping track of everything right which I know is dumb.

I hope this helps break through my plateau. I am in my 3rd week of Push with ChaLEAN Extreme - loooooove that program so I know it's not the exercise part that is keeping me from losing weight - it's the food part.

Rachelle

Wingz
02-20-2009, 12:39 PM
WOW Just got the armband registered and looked some at the software. I am pretty impressed at this point. You can down load to a excel file which is pretty sweet. The unit seems to be fully charged so for now I have strapped it on my daughter and sent her to do a mile on the tread mill. I will play with the armband for the weekend and get to know the unit and software and then on Monday start tracking for real.

I see they have did some changes in the food logging and I am open to all advice and input from what you all have learned about your unit.

Thanks,
Will

jajabee
02-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Is it easy to share with different people? Do you just change the profile settings before you give it to someone else, so it has the right data?

tinamae
02-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I lost 3 pounds the first week with my BB. I really like being able to see how many steps I have taken and how many calories I have burned. Today I have surpassed my goal for steps but not for calories. The biggest thing that I have noticed is that if I screw up (chocolate cookes) I get right back on track. Where as before I would have just thrown my arms up and said ah what the **** I might as well eat......(fill in the blank.)

I had my coaching session on Friday. It was pretty much what I expected. She did have a suggestion for the food logging. Type in your name and then the food. For example... Tina's cottage cheese - that way it is set up for the brand and portion that you normally eat.

ljbeachkitty
02-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Thanks for letting us know about the new daily tracking option. I am so glad they finally added that option. I purchased the GoWearFit (armband and display) around the end of January and so far I am really happy with this product. I had one problem with a corrupted file on my armband but the tech support people were really helpful and responsive. If you have a problem with yours, email them rather than calling. You will get a faster reply.

cdub614
02-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and I recently bought a gowear fit. I love it, it's a very cool gadget. I've been wearing it but I haven't been very active over the last week. I'm really interested in seeing if/how my sedentary calorie burn changes once I get in gear with daily workouts.

Wingz
02-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Is it easy to share with different people? Do you just change the profile settings before you give it to someone else, so it has the right data?

Jajabee I think all you would have to do is go change the profile. I am not sure if you would lose all the meals you set up for food logging. What I am meaning is the custom foods.

I also making up custom meals then you can just plug in that entire meal in with one click. I am still on the start up side of getting all the different foods logged.

Wingz
02-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and I recently bought a gowear fit. I love it, it's a very cool gadget. I've been wearing it but I haven't been very active over the last week. I'm really interested in seeing if/how my sedentary calorie burn changes once I get in gear with daily workouts.

Hi and welcome to the 3FC site. I have learned a lot from here and used this site when I figured out what armband I wanted to go with. I like you picked the GWF, its was my wife's Valentines present and my daughter and I am helping her with all the logging since she is not the techie person of the family.

Our daughter is very interested in the armband also she likes to check her mothers readings or as she calls it "Plugging Mom In" LOL!!!

Rock Chalk Chick
02-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh my gosh! Do I love this stupid toy or what???

I started the day with housework, then was out and about from 10 until 7, running errands and shopping and such. I stumbled across the only Chipotle restaurant in the STATE (I loved the place while I was in KC, but it's probably good for my health that the only one in Iowa is almost an hour away!). I was hunting for food anyhow, and since Sundays are my "flexible" day, I decided to indulge. And no half-hearted diet-moded burrito - sour cream, cheese, the works. 1100 calories' worth (and I enjoyed every bite, though I only finished about 3/4 before I was satisfied and decided to toss the rest!)

Delicious, but a little more indulgent than my usual Sunday splurges.

Then compounded by the fact that I thought I'd have dinner when I got home, but started getting too hungry while I was still a half-hour away and swung into a McDonalds. Again, my "indulgent" side decided to opt for chicken nuggets (though skipped the fries, and I always have tea).

So, why am I telling you all this? I came home, expecting to have a break-even day, since my usual bodybugg burn is somewhere between 2400 and 3000, and I didn't make it to the gym today. I enter all my food, with brutal honesty, and then close my eyes while I upload my data for the day.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3427/3302303264_ec193e52c2.jpg?v=0

I've broken 3000 and it's not even 8:00 yet! I'm on par for a 1400+ deficit, even with TWO indulgent meals and no gym time!

I mean, I know I've been on my feet and pretty much walking constantly for almost 9 hours, but without the bodybugg I would have been beating myself up for eating rich foods, especially without logging any gym time! But instead, I'm celebrating the fact that I KNOW I can balance eating "normal" food in moderation and still stay on task!

RachelleS
02-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Boy am I BUMMED! I would have bought the GoWear (looks exactly like the BB) if I would have known I could have entered my food in every day! Much better deal. Shoot. Oh well. Can't do anything about it now.

I gained a pound my second week with the BB. I know my sodium has been way too high plus I'm hoping I'm gaining muscle with ChaLEAN Extreme - I have been getting the 1000 deficit and over 10,000 steps in so it should kick in here soon and show some pounds lost - I would hope!

Rachelle

tresor
02-23-2009, 09:47 AM
I got my GWF last Wednesday and have worn it every day to see what my average calorie burn is without exercise. Today I start adding exercise and can't wait to see the difference. I just love this gadget - it gives me motivation to just get up and move around more - even housework adds to the calorie burn.

nomorefatcat
02-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi Guys............I'm brand new and have loved reading about all of your experiences with the BB and GWF etc. I just ordered the BB from 24 Hour Fitness a couple of days ago,(hasn't shipped yet tho') and would have gone with the GWF since it added the daily food log feature, but could NOT find a place that didn't have it on backorder!), and am so excited to receive it and get started. I'd love to be a part of the group and share experiences.
Cat B.

Nori71
02-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey, does anyone know, or has anyone seen both the BB and the GoWear? They look so similar and I'm wondering if the arm bands are interchangeable? I asked a GoWear rep (WAY easier to get ahold of than BB reps) and she could only tell me that they are different machines and I needed to speak with BB. Come on! BodyMedia makes them both!! They look like identical tools - but I don't want to fork over the expensive shipping charges to only have to return it.

I have the BB and have worn it 24/7 since I received it January 21st. I LOVE it! But, yesterday it fell off of me and I noticed that the glue that is holding the Velcro circle on has lost it's stick. Granted it's been soaked with sweat nearly everyday and also washed a fair bit...but hasn't everyones? I was expecting the bands to last longer than 4 weeks I guess. There's thick rubber there, but they should have stitched the Velcro in place instead of glue. For now I have it pinned with a safety pin. And, I cannot see where to reorder them on the BB site. There's lots of other accessories, but I don't see armbands for the v3.

kellij
02-24-2009, 11:11 PM
I got the bb last weekend. I wore it every day and just plugged it in when I was downloading. I kind of forgot about charging it. Last night I was about to put it back on and nothing happened. I realized it probably needed to be charged so I tried to do that. This morning it still wasn't working, but I realized I had turned off my computer over night. So I tried to charge it. I called tech support and she told me it was in sleep mode or something and that I just plug it in and it flashes green and after 3 hours it will be charged. It is not working out that way. I've had it plugged in all day and it still won't work. Am I missing something obvious or is there a problem with mine?

pintobean
02-25-2009, 07:50 AM
I got the bb last weekend. I wore it every day and just plugged it in when I was downloading. I kind of forgot about charging it. Last night I was about to put it back on and nothing happened. I realized it probably needed to be charged so I tried to do that. This morning it still wasn't working, but I realized I had turned off my computer over night. So I tried to charge it. I called tech support and she told me it was in sleep mode or something and that I just plug it in and it flashes green and after 3 hours it will be charged. It is not working out that way. I've had it plugged in all day and it still won't work. Am I missing something obvious or is there a problem with mine?

If it's in sleep mode, all you have to do is push the big button once on the device and then plug in the usb cable and upload the data. See if that works. Did you register your device?

pintobean
02-25-2009, 07:53 AM
Hey, does anyone know, or has anyone seen both the BB and the GoWear? They look so similar and I'm wondering if the arm bands are interchangeable? I asked a GoWear rep (WAY easier to get ahold of than BB reps) and she could only tell me that they are different machines and I needed to speak with BB. Come on! BodyMedia makes them both!! They look like identical tools - but I don't want to fork over the expensive shipping charges to only have to return it.

I have the BB and have worn it 24/7 since I received it January 21st. I LOVE it! But, yesterday it fell off of me and I noticed that the glue that is holding the Velcro circle on has lost it's stick. Granted it's been soaked with sweat nearly everyday and also washed a fair bit...but hasn't everyones? I was expecting the bands to last longer than 4 weeks I guess. There's thick rubber there, but they should have stitched the Velcro in place instead of glue. For now I have it pinned with a safety pin. And, I cannot see where to reorder them on the BB site. There's lots of other accessories, but I don't see armbands for the v3.

Nori, have you called them and asked for a replacement? You're still under warranty. I'm thinking it should be free.

jleeson
02-25-2009, 08:51 AM
I got my bodybugg a couple of weeks ago, and I love it!! It makes me get up and move around more instead of sitting around.. it was expensive but I think it was worth it.

L144S
02-25-2009, 10:31 AM
The velcro came off of minetoo, went to staples and bought replacement, but I swiched to the other band for now. I am going to figure out how to stitch it on. still about a lb a week, VERY happy since this is my big work season and i spennd a lot of time working at the computer.

jajabee
02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm sure the GWF armband is the same as the identical BB... I don't think they'd spend extra money retooling the manufacturing process for no reason, right?

I guess this might sound kind of gross, but I haven't washed my armband yet... I wipe the device itself down every time I take it out to use the USB port, so it's clean, but the material on the armband just doesn't seem to need cleaning yet. It doesn't smell funny or anything. When I do clean it, I think I'll probably hand-wash it in the sink, or maybe just spray it with some sport wash product or something.

And I just had a successfully recorded stationary bike ride with the GWF, so who knows. An identical ride two days ago was 80-100 calories underestimated. Maybe I was moving my arms more?

Sandi
02-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Nori-

When I had my coaching session, she said something about replacement armbands being available soon, but I don't see them there yet.

I have my coaches e-mail address, you do you have yours? Maybe you could just e-mail her/him to get a new one??

Sandi
02-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Nori -

Go here http://www.shop.myminifly.com/main.sc doesn't 5, 6 and 7 look like replacement bands for the v3. I know it says sensewear and gowear fit, but it sure looks the same!!

Someone had mentioned minifly before, so I dug up the link and they have them!!

You could always call or e-mail and ask to be sure

877 432 0333

sales@healthyii.com

Sabra
02-25-2009, 02:30 PM
:carrot:Good news everyone!:carrot:The medium bb straps are now available on the 24hourfitness site. I'd post a direct link to the straps, but I can't due to not having enough postings yet.

Nori71
02-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh good, maybe the large will be soon also. I can wear my medium, but it cuts into my fat more than I like to see. I already have bra band bulges...trying to keep them to a minimum!

Thanks Sandi - yes they all look identical. I was worried that they had placed those little pins on one side differently or something... You'd think the GWF rep could have been more helpful. She understood exactly what I was asking, and still told me that since I had a BB from 24 I needed to deal with them...

Nori71
02-25-2009, 03:03 PM
I never had an orientation with a coach. My personal trainer set everything up online and I just plugged it in.

Nori71
02-25-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't see it anymore Sabra? http://my.apexfitness.com/vip/auto_ship_bb_accessories.php
Is this where you are looking?

Nori71
02-25-2009, 03:05 PM
http://mystore.24hourfitness.com/product_details.php?item=1502
Ah, you cannot do it through you apex account - that's how i order anything through 24!! You must get it at the 24 site. Odd since all our tracking is done on apex, but when you click accessories there they dont' show the strap. It only cost 4.50 - so I got 2. It's probably been available all along!!

Gretchenpdx
02-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks Sabra and Nori!

It is weird that Apex doesn't have them though.
I am going to pick a couple up too.

: )

Gretchenpdx
02-26-2009, 06:39 PM
But it is $9.95 now though...

I wonder if they have them at 24h gyms too, or just online...
I'll ask tomorrow when I go to they gym (I have a feeling it is online only though, for some reason).

update:

Nori,
Would you like to trade?
I send you my Large and you send me your Medium (or are you keeping it for when your arms change?). If not that's cool, I will order one now that they are available.

By the way I had to do an errand right next to my 24h so I stopped by and:
they did not have the straps in store, they said that was an online only item at this point...

maryshady
02-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Just got my replacement sensewear unit but I cannot get it to sync to the watch. Any suggestions? I have tried it in all different locales in my house, tried it outside, nothing works.

lovelandtx
02-27-2009, 09:55 AM
you need to hard re-boot the display. I had same problem when I got the replacement sw unit. hope that helps!

Wingz
02-27-2009, 12:31 PM
I just looked at the GWF site and the replacement armbands are $8.00 plus shipping for the Small Med and Large size band.

Wingz
02-27-2009, 12:34 PM
you need to hard re-boot the display. I had same problem when I got the replacement sw unit. hope that helps!

Question how do you do the hard re-boot?

lovelandtx
02-27-2009, 01:30 PM
For hard reboot of display I think you hold down all 4 buttons for 30 second or for some time not sure. Then the welcome will fash on the display. can check myminifly.com website I think he has instructions there if you don't have your instruction booklet. I hope that works for you.

maryshady
02-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks that worked

eviemc
02-27-2009, 05:53 PM
I am debating getting one of these and I have a quick question. When you got yours and started using it was the read out different from what places like fitday say that you burn. The reason I ask is that I have used fitday for awhile and love it but I am wondering if they are very accurate. I am so curious as to what my body is doing, as far as burning calories.

nomorefatcat
02-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Glad your bodybugg is working, i just got mine yesterday and I am having problems uploading any info today..also had problems getting it to connect yesterday to get it registered. Tech support is not available on weekends! (bummer) Any advice from anyone on this?

jajabee
02-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Eviemc, I haven't used Fitday specifically, but I do use The Daily Plate, and I think a lot of these sites get their info from the same pool of research studies that list calorie burn rates for different activities. What I've found with my GWF armband is that my burn rate is a good 30% lower than most of The Daily Plate's estimates, both for specific activities and for the overall "sedentary" daily rate. TDP says that if I just sit around all day, I burn aroun 2,500 calories, so I need to eat 1,500 to lose two pounds a week. But my GWF armband averages 1,900 to 2,000 total calories burned on days when I just sit around. D'oh. That's a pretty big difference.

kellij
03-01-2009, 01:10 AM
Glad your bodybugg is working, i just got mine yesterday and I am having problems uploading any info today..also had problems getting it to connect yesterday to get it registered. Tech support is not available on weekends! (bummer) Any advice from anyone on this?

Are you using explorer as your browser? I tried firefox and that does not work. You have to use explorer. Other than that, I don't know.

rinku
03-01-2009, 02:36 AM
My explorer gets hung when I try it, Firefox can not locate the device and I have to use Google Chrome to upload the data..funny though it keeps popping up a Java Warning popup everytime I try to click next.

Since last few days I have real problem uploading the data as it goes till 50 % sometimes 70 % and then says could not upload the data. It takes 10 tries and sometimes more to upload the data on the server.

maryshady
03-01-2009, 09:20 AM
nomorefatcat -I need to restart my computer before I can upload any data. If I don't it continually wants me to install the software I already have.

I need so more help! I can't get my watch to sync again. Do I have to reset it each morning to get it to sync?

For the amount of money this thing cost it sure is a pain in the butt! lol!!

Nori71
03-01-2009, 11:40 AM
But it is $9.95 now though...
Nori,
Would you like to trade?
I send you my Large and you send me your Medium (or are you keeping it for when your arms change?). If not that's cool, I will order one now that they are available.
Yeah, I'm planning to use the Medium once it fits me. :-) I *think* if you set up an account there on 24 website - using your membership number, you get a discount. I think. Maybe they were just 50% off that day I happened to log on? I know when I've ordered nutritionals there's a 30% discount if you log in. Try that. Or look around for a discoutn code online...

Nori71
03-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah, wierd, when I log into "my store" vs. "my apex" they are only giving me 10% off. So the bands are 8.95 Their site is kinda confusing too. It's like you have to log in on the main page and then again once you get to My Store. I have NO idea how I got them for 50% off last week!

eviemc
03-01-2009, 04:04 PM
jajabee- thanks so much. Fitday says that I burn around 2700 and 2900-3100 on days I excerise. Therefor I have been taking in 1500-1800 calories based on what I did for the day.

Does anyone else have any comparisions? Have you compared how many calories you actuall burn to what other calculators say?

L144S
03-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Is anyone getting an error message this moring logging food? First one for me since I got this thing 10 weeks ago.

Rock Chalk Chick
03-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Is anyone getting an error message this moring logging food? First one for me since I got this thing 10 weeks ago.

Yup, I'm having the same problem - getting an error message and "call tech support" as direction. Glad to hear it's not just me - if it's a system error, I suppose I'll wait a bit and try again, rather than being one of thousands to call tech support!

Just as a reference - this is the first time in 2.5 years of using the BB website that I have had a problem, so I can say this is not a common problem!

ryverthorn
03-02-2009, 02:29 PM
I have the same problem. I sent them an email last night but haven't heard back. Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon.

L144S
03-02-2009, 03:27 PM
mine seems to be working again.

ryverthorn
03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
mine too :)

Nori71
03-02-2009, 06:30 PM
jajabee- thanks so much. Fitday says that I burn around 2700 and 2900-3100 on days I excerise. Therefor I have been taking in 1500-1800 calories based on what I did for the day.

Does anyone else have any comparisions? Have you compared how many calories you actuall burn to what other calculators say?Well, back when I used TDP to track things this is an example of my exercise:
Elliptical trainer: general 20.0 -342.0
Stair Step Machine - general 25.0 -404.0
Weight lifting: light (free weights, nautilus, universal) 50.0 -269.0
So, 1015 calories in roughly 2 hours of exercise. This was pretty average.
Since wearing my bodybugg my calories burned in a similar 2 hours exercise session is usually 600-700.
SO, significantly less in my case than the "other calculators". I was definitely not getting the deficit I wanted and was in fact operating at maintenence...as the scale showed!

lovelandtx
03-02-2009, 09:13 PM
nomorefatcat -I need to restart my computer before I can upload any data. If I don't it continually wants me to install the software I already have.

I need so more help! I can't get my watch to sync again. Do I have to reset it each morning to get it to sync?

For the amount of money this thing cost it sure is a pain in the butt! lol!!

You shouldn't have to reset (hard re-boot) the display since it's now synched up with the new sensewear unit. I usually have to sync if there's interference with other wireless communication devices - phone, wi-fi but usually stays synched.
In the beginning I had problems with the JAVA version on my computer, there's a bug with the latest version so I had to load a prior version. I haven't tried to see if they fixed it or not. Bodymedia should be able to help you or try Matt at myminifly.com, he maybe able to help.
I understand your frustration with the thing as I had major issues the first week, I was about ready to throw it out the window!!! It all got resolved and it works reliably now.
Take care!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

jajabee
03-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Update on the Spinning class discussion from a few weeks ago... I did try putting the armband on my calf tonight, and I think that did the trick. The burn chart matches exactly what I felt like I was doing. I think the leg motion combined with the usual temperature and sweat reading helps it understand what you're doing on a stationary bike. :)

Today's chart so far, with the spinning class highlighted:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44949619@N00/3325127448/sizes/o/

meltoid
03-03-2009, 08:21 AM
im gonna take the plunge soooooon. as in, my-debit-card-is-in-my-car-but-im-not-going-out-to-get-it-cause-its-too-cold-out-but-once-i-do-i-will-buy-it soon! so for sensewear buyers, did u buy from myminifly? i emailed them and someone contacted me from that website and gave me a link. and i heard of others buying from myminifly but i think a long time ago when i researched it i got an order form directly from sensewear's website.... hmmm.

pintobean
03-03-2009, 08:28 AM
im gonna take the plunge soooooon. as in, my-debit-card-is-in-my-car-but-im-not-going-out-to-get-it-cause-its-too-cold-out-but-once-i-do-i-will-buy-it soon! so for sensewear buyers, did u buy from myminifly? i emailed them and someone contacted me from that website and gave me a link. and i heard of others buying from myminifly but i think a long time ago when i researched it i got an order form directly from sensewear's website.... hmmm.

I agree with the too cold out there :)
I ordered directly from the SenseWear folks. If you go to the website you can click on the button in the top right corner to order.

On another note, I had to replace my sensewear recently with a new one but now I am having trouble synching to the watch. I will call them and find out what's going on with that.

meltoid
03-03-2009, 08:52 AM
I agree with the too cold out there :)
I ordered directly from the SenseWear folks. If you go to the website you can click on the button in the top right corner to order.

On another note, I had to replace my sensewear recently with a new one but now I am having trouble synching to the watch. I will call them and find out what's going on with that.

cute name! pinto bean!

i clicked that order sensewear now button and it just says to email sales and gives a generic bodymedia email addy. maybe they refer everyone to minifly to handle volume? or non clinical people?

so u got the display huh? i wasnt gonna get the display so i wont be hurtin so much after the purchase if u know what i mean $$$$$$. but how much is the display useful 1 outta 10?

pintobean
03-03-2009, 09:30 AM
cute name! pinto bean!

i clicked that order sensewear now button and it just says to email sales and gives a generic bodymedia email addy. maybe they refer everyone to minifly to handle volume? or non clinical people?

so u got the display huh? i wasnt gonna get the display so i wont be hurtin so much after the purchase if u know what i mean $$$$$$. but how much is the display useful 1 outta 10?

My display came with the unit and 6 month subscription. It was a bundle deal. I bought it last year in summer. Prices have come down I think since then (not sure). I wore the display for first few weeks then didn't cuz it kept going out of sync and well I wasn't checking as often. I haven't worn it in a while. I wear my sensewear unit every day and then upload the info via usb every night or sometimes every other night. If you're trying to save the $$ then that's fine. And plus, in future if you do express the need to buy the display watch you can always get it later. Some folks want every minute to see how much they're burning and steps they're taking etc. so display comes in handy that way. I don't and I can wait till I get home and view it after I upload. So honestly, it's totally a personal preference.

Email them on that ID or just give them a call on the number provided there. Normally it's Susan who answers. And there's a sales rep for each region who handles the deal. I don't know much about minifly. But I think some folks have ordered from there.

Hope this helps :)

meltoid
03-03-2009, 09:56 AM
aww man i wrote a reply but it got deleted. basically i said u were real helpful, i know what to do. hold off on 99 dollar display. buy armband for 249. buy 1 year subscrip for 119.

Sandi
03-03-2009, 12:36 PM
I have my display clipped to my purse and check it a couple of times a day and then I upload at night. I like being able to quickly check where I am at.

But the coolest thing about the digital display is the trip feature. I can figure out how many calories I burned walking the dog, cleaning the house. I like it a lot.

jajabee
03-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I really enjoyed my display for the few weeks I had it, but I lost it at Mt. Hood while snowboarding... be careful where you clip that thing! :( I'm not going to replace it, cause it didn't really change anything for me... it was mostly just a fun toy.

lovelandtx
03-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I bought a sensewear unit & display from myminifly in Nov 08. They offer the gowearfit that has the sleep monitor and daily food diary (used to be only every 3 days.) I would confirm that with Matt from myminifly or Bodymedia customer service. Gowearfit is cheaper than the Sensewear unit and if the food diary is now daily, they should be exactly the same?!?
I wear the display clipped to my armband strap. I use the trip function every time I exercise so I can compare my exercise to my polar heart rate monitor. It compares ok, I've been tracking different activities for a while:
Running 51.5 min - Polar 411 cal, Sensewear 417
Tennis 2 hrs - Polar 735 cal, Sensewear 890
Run 36 min & Strength Train 1 hr 20 min - Polar 780 cal, SW 773
Strength Train 1 hr 8 min - Polar 377 cal, SW 343
Seems like the Sensewear unit over estimates on running activities and underestimates on strength training (of course Bike & Elliptical too.)
My body's response to the daily calorie deficit has been more varied which is frustrating to me, should have lost 7 lbs in last 4 weeks but only lost 3 lbs. I'm not going to give up, 2 more days until weigh in, maybe I'll catch up a little from last week?! I'll keep you posted!

pintobean
03-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Here's a link (http://www.bodymedia.com/prodtbl.html)comparing all the products with features they have or don't have.

meltoid
03-03-2009, 03:27 PM
cool. so, now that my ordering is underway, what are our plans for keeping track together? sounds like a great idea. should we do one weekly reportback? (but keep chatting throughout the week as well)

RachelleS
03-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I was on the phone with Bodybugg last night for 37 minutes. I've gone through 2 usb cords that keep crashing my computer - they were suppose to be sending the third but apparently it got lost in transit so he had to do a new ticket - then I mentioned that the pin on my display came half ways out and now doesn't latch tight like it should - I almost lost it the other day and I had the clasp closed.

I weighed myself yesterday - I lost .8 pounds - at least I lost but this is with getting in over 10,000 steps a day, a 1,000 calorie deficit - hopefully this next week it kicks in.

Rachelle

Gretchenpdx
03-08-2009, 06:32 PM
I find that I lose in "batches".

So over time I am reaching my goal but some weeks it appear as if I am not.
I usually lose about the same 2 weeks/mo, very little one week and extra one week.

My average WL since Sept 08 is 2.1#/wk though, so that is good.

You guys have made me kinda want th display but I know I cannot afford it and don't *really* need it right now. I am glad to have the wireless communicator that came with my old (v2) though, I think it should come with the v3 too as it is so handy. (or the display should just come with it, then one could upload less frequently but still see their data).

How is everyone else doing with their BB,GWF,SW?

RachelleS
03-08-2009, 07:09 PM
My problem is that I stayed the same weight the first week with the BB & the second then the 3rd I gained a pound but now I lost the .8 so hopefully now my body is getting the hint with the new adjustments and it will keep going down. I know I not only take the stairs at work (was doing that already on break) but now I'm walking for 15 minutes and I know I have to to get my steps in - it really does make you more aware. That is the one thing I like about the display - I can see where I am at since I'm not able to download when I'm at work. If I could download during the day - they display wouldn't be a big deal.

I was already in a workout rotation - I'm doing Chalene Extreme which is the most awesome program I've ever tried and I've been exercising for 20+ years - so that I have covered. I know it is the eating part that is the problem. I set up a plan for the week with Fitday so hopefully I can stick to it and we'll see what next Friday brings for a weigh-in.

Rachelle

Wingz
03-09-2009, 08:27 AM
I was just on Amazon.com looking around and seen they have the GoWear Fit back in stock and at $149.00 so if your interested you might want to look at that option. I wish I had know that because I ordered another one a couple days ago from GWF.

Wingz
03-09-2009, 08:33 AM
How is everyone else doing with their BB,GWF,SW?

I see that RachelleS is still having trouble with being able to connect to her computer. I find it strange that two USB cables in a row I bet its something else.

My wife's GWF armband has been fine no issues I have the software on a laptop and two other PC's and have never had a problem so far. ( Knock On Wood ) It has been fun helping the wife with hers and now I will have mine soon I ordered over the weekend.

Wingz

L144S
03-09-2009, 08:10 PM
I feel like I am doing really great, about an LB a week which has been perfect for me. I am not starving and my daily burn is easy enought to make. :)

RachelleS
03-09-2009, 10:16 PM
I don't know what else it would be - with my camera usb cord, I have no problems at all loading my BB. That is all that I've been using since I've been without a BB cord for most of the six weeks. With both the ones BB sent me, it causes my computer to freeze as soon as I plug it in - with the BB hooked up or not - than I have a keyboard failure and we have to take the computer battery out and reboot. It's a pain in the butt. I know I'm going to be scared using the third cord they send me. I think I might just go get another camera one and use that instead. When you spend this much money on something, you would expect it to work though.

Rachelle

Artemis68
03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Hello everyone!

I just finished reading these 13 pages and would like to join this thread! I bought a GoWear Fit a bit ago, but had to get it delivered to someone in the States. Still waiting for it to get here.

I can't wait!!

In the meantime, I've really fallen off the wagon... kind of having a free for all till I get my GWF. I am being sort of resonable... like not going super crazy. I'm running alot training for a half marathon so I should be in the maintaining zone till I get the GWF.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

L144S
03-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Artimis
:welcome: to the boards, there was another bodybug thread that was closed because it hit 500, lots of good information there too. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146354&highlight=bodybugg

Wingz
03-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Hello everyone!

I just finished reading these 13 pages and would like to join this thread! I bought a GoWear Fit a bit ago, but had to get it delivered to someone in the States. Still waiting for it to get here.

I can't wait!!

In the meantime, I've really fallen off the wagon... kind of having a free for all till I get my GWF. I am being sort of resonable... like not going super crazy. I'm running alot training for a half marathon so I should be in the maintaining zone till I get the GWF.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Hi and welcome to the board, I am new also but I enjoy keeping updated as to whats going on here.

My GWF should arrive tomorrow my wife has one and she has been dropping 2 Lbs a week so far. She started a diet/life style change with out the armband but I feel this has helped her and she likes checking her stats.

Once again Welcome....

Wingz
03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't know what else it would be - with my camera usb cord, I have no problems at all loading my BB. That is all that I've been using since I've been without a BB cord for most of the six weeks. With both the ones BB sent me, it causes my computer to freeze as soon as I plug it in - with the BB hooked up or not - than I have a keyboard failure and we have to take the computer battery out and reboot. It's a pain in the butt. I know I'm going to be scared using the third cord they send me. I think I might just go get another camera one and use that instead. When you spend this much money on something, you would expect it to work though.

Rachelle

Hummm thats crazy that you have gotten 2 cords back to back. You might be on to something just getting another USB cord yourself. I have a mini USB cable for my BlackBerry Curve and also use the same cable for my Garmin GPS. When my GWF arrives I will use the same cable in my office.

Good luck I know its bites when things don't work like they should.

Artemis68
03-11-2009, 01:43 PM
So I have another question.

The display watch... is the band like a regular watch band? I don't mind the display looking all manly... but I'd put it on a nicer band if it's possible.

safyre
03-11-2009, 01:53 PM

The display watch... is the band like a regular watch band? I don't mind the display looking all manly... but I'd put it on a nicer band if it's possible.

The watch band is not changeable.
It definitely is not the prettiest I have seen, but not the ugliest either, lol

L144S
03-11-2009, 01:55 PM
It does come with a clip too so you can wear it somplace else.

Wingz
03-11-2009, 02:15 PM

The watch band can not be changed the straps are formed as one unit. The band is rather rubber feeling which I don't care for.

The display also comes with a clip that you can twist and lock into also. The clip can be attached to your purse or on the armband its self. It also shows it clipped to your pants waste band which looks like a great way for me to lose it doing.

I myself would carry it in a pocket or for a lady a purse. The display is nice but really not needed unless you are often where you cant upload your info and you really need to know where your at for the day. If you want one check amazon.com they have best price I have seen.

L144S
03-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I clip mine to my bra :) The watch faces inward and the clip is on the outside. I don't need to look at it all day anyway and I know it is safe and not going to fall off. and i had to use a sticky dot (craft supplies) because the lock on my clip was a little loose so I unlocked it, put a sticky dot inside and then relocked it...no issues since.

The watch band is yucky (that is the techical term) and attaching to the armband can be really bulky inder cloths and then you can't get to it anyway.

mkmlaw
03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Sorry in advance for the lengthy post, but I could use some advice from those of you who have been successful using your BB/GWF devices.

While I had been steadily losing weight since Christmas, it slowed dramatically in mid-February and I turned to this forum for guidance. After following the BB/GWF posts for more than a month, I decided this additional tool would give me the final piece of the puzzle so I could determine what I was (or wasn't) doing right. I ordered and received my GWF three weeks ago, and wear it nonstop.

While I have always suspected I have a fairly slow metabolism (I am 5'1" with hypothyroidism), the GWF confirmed it. In the first two weeks of wear, and with a solid hour at the gym daily (30 min elliptical/30 min bike), I was only burning around 2200 calories.

This past Monday, I finally started back to the early morning boot camp that I used to workout with and have seen much higher average numbers - in the range of 2600 calories burned per day.

With all of that said, my weight loss has remained at a standstill - despite netting a minimal 1000 calorie deficit each day - for almost 3 weeks. I just don't know what I could be doing wrong.

I use TDP religiously, and eat between 1100 and 1300 calories daily. I try to stick to healthy whole grains/veggies/lean proteins. An average day for me includes 6 small snacks/meals spaced evenly through the day. An Atkins shake for breakfast, Wasa light crackers and Laughing Cow light cheese for AM snack, steel cut oatmeal and 2 egg whites for lunch, Atkins bar for PM snack, 2 add'l egg whites before dinner, and boneless/skinless chicken with broccoli to end my day. Some days I add a cup of light chocolate soymilk to the mix, but I largely stick to this routine (varying the order of meals to some degree, so my body doesnít get too complacent).

With over a 1000 calorie deficit EVERY DAY, I just donít understand how I have stayed at the same weight for more than 2 weeks. I feel like my size may be shrinking, but wondered if anyone else experienced these problems despite having the GWF or a similar device telling you exactly what is going on with your daily calorie expenditure.

Any thoughts are welcome...

lovelandtx
03-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi mkmlaw -
I too have hypothyroidism and have experienced the same issues with a consistent calorie deficit but not losing the weight. My body is kind of strange, I will exercise like a fiend sometimes even having a 1300-1500 calorie deficit for that day and there's no change on the scale. Other times, I'm barely at 500-750 calorie deficit and I drop 3 lbs for the week. I've been tracking everything religously too. I know when I change my workout or increase my strength training or cardio, my body will either start to build some muscle or retain water to repair the muscles and that's why the scale isn't budging. I think there is a problem with my metabolism as my actual weight loss is about 500-600 calories a day lower than the prediction. I asked my doctor about that and she said that my body has hormones in my belly that may be preventing me from losing as much weight as the Sensewear device calculates. Then again, it's just a calculation, but I'm suprised if it's that far off?!? I am very frustrated and may go to my family doctor to check my hormone levels as it's all related.
Jillian Michaels suggests that if you hit a plateau, to break through you need to increase your calories for a few days to keep your body from thinking it's starving which lowers your metabolism. And never go under 1200 calories consumed for women - I'm at 1800 calories consumed with 2550 calories burned target for 750 cal/day deficit.
Just my 2 cents....

mkmlaw
03-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks lovelandtx - it is nice to know I am not the only one who has experienced this.

I have been told by my endocrinologist that, due to various hormonal imbalances in my body (I also have PCOS and carry much of my weight in my stomach), it is harder for me to lose weight. In the past, I used that as an excuse to give up when weight loss slowed or stalled, but have remained 100% committed this time around and am enjoying seeing some size/shape changes (even if changes are not readily apparent in the numbers on the scale).

I am also making a concerted effort to eat at least 1200 calories per day. On the days I have boot camp (where my calorie burn goes up to 2600), I will try to add some extra egg whites or veggies to get to 1400 calories. Maybe that will help.

Thanks again!

Artemis68
03-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Wow! I just finished the previous Bodybugg thread. I especially like the tidbit about adding a food called a JAB - Just a Bite. Every bit counts right?

Now for a question. I understand that I can share this device with my hubby (If I so choose ;).. which I may not), but I'd like to know if I my 11 year old stepson can use it. He's quite a bit bigger than he should be at 155 lbs and 4'9". He might think it's neat to use it for a day to see his activity.

Do you think it would be alright? I mean, would this work on a kid?

L144S
03-12-2009, 04:59 PM
yes, it would work for him AND it might a good eye opener to see what he is doing well and what he might change. If I could get my 15 year old to try it, i would :)

Artemis68
03-12-2009, 05:54 PM
I got it! I got it!! It's so cute!!

K, another question and I hope someone's online to answer quickly. :)

How long does the GWF take to charge? I have to go do some hill training and wondering if I should wait for it to charge or just go now. (I totally want to try it!)

Alethea
03-12-2009, 06:05 PM
I think the book says that it takes 3 hours to charge the battery. I was so impatient for mine to charge up! It really is a cool little toy.:carrot:

Wingz
03-12-2009, 06:18 PM
I got it! I got it!! It's so cute!!

K, another question and I hope someone's online to answer quickly. :)

How long does the GWF take to charge? I have to go do some hill training and wondering if I should wait for it to charge or just go now. (I totally want to try it!)

When you upload your armband it will show you how charged the units battery is. I think my wifes had about a full charge.

Artemis68
03-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey there Wingz thanks! I looked your location up... did I get it right.. Victor Street? (I think that's what it was)

Wingz
03-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey there Wingz thanks! I looked your location up... did I get it right.. Victor Street? (I think that's what it was)

Hummm no Victor Street close to me.

Wingz
03-16-2009, 08:10 AM
My GWF arrived Thursday started wearing it Friday night. I have ordered a bigger armband the one I have is too tight. I will be glad to get one the right size this is a bit uncomfortable but I am dealing with it. I have noticed the sleep tracking is very close to what I felt was going on. Step counts were amazing this is very kewl all it does I love gadgets this will make things fun to track and see how you can improve your self.

safyre
03-16-2009, 10:45 AM
I got my gwf last week & I love it! It really is an interesting device and keeps me motivated. The graphs are pretty awesome & I love the sleep analysis.
How does it do it? I don't know but I am such a gadget-ho that as soon as I read about it I had to have it :D

jilliechick
03-18-2009, 05:31 AM
:DHey - new here, but have been reading you guys constantly these days! I have been dying for a BB for a few years now (a trainer with a killer bod at the gym has been wearing one for a long time) and as a die-hard Biggest Loser fan - they just make me jealous...So I decided to do it, but after reading you guys, starting looking into the GWF also...went with that choice and am now waiting it's arrival...TODAY! I know I will be consumed with the thing till I figure it all out - sorry kids...dinner may be sandwiches!

Thanks for all your comments here - you are so helpful! -

L144S
03-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Suzanne, if you are around how are you likeing yours? just wondering :)

Jillie, :welcome: to the boards, lots of good reading and tons of support and good friends....make yourself at home.

cathyw
03-18-2009, 01:57 PM
I was wondering what are all the options out there on things like this?
What if I can't spend that kind of money on a BodyBug, or the other kinds.
Are there other things that are just as good, but my not have all the "perks"
I am really looking for something that will tell me how many calories I burn during that day (accurately) That way I can make sure I'm eating low enough to loose weight. I think my body does not even like eating 1200 cal a day, even though I know we shouldn't go below that a day. I do exercise, and eat very "clean" but I still can't drop these last 10 pounds. I would love something that would show my heart rate, and how many calories I burn all throughout the day.
Any suggestions?

Gretchenpdx
03-19-2009, 11:50 PM
I have a suggestion but it is not about a "thing".
If you use iTunes you can get podcasts of Jillian Michaels' radio show for free and she talks about how different the last 10-15# is compared to larger wl.
She takes calls and sometimes emails too, so the questions/info is not always the same. Just a thought...

Good luck!

ps
they are in podcasts under KFI and Sunday, then you just "get" her show, you can subscribe to it all but not have to get the other shows, hope this makes sense

L144S
03-20-2009, 08:45 AM
I pull the podcast off of KFI directly and then put them on my ipod, I found it hard to sort them out from the KFI sunday on itunes, Also I have been able to pull up some of the old ones from Matt McNutts page.

She seems like a very level person and has a lot of good info.

-L

Gretchenpdx
03-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Yeah, that is a good idea L!
(I get them through Podcasts on my Touch for the reason of confusion that you brought up).

lovelandtx
03-20-2009, 10:55 PM
I found all the old podcsts on www.mediafly.com and they're awesome! Just search on Jillian Michaels and the most recent one's will come up. She started the show in Aug/Sep 2006. Have found her to be pretty inspirational and am addicted!

Gretchenpdx
03-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks!

It is great to be able to get the older ones.

Wingz
03-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I am using the GWF armband and their software does not track sugar grams. Does BodyBugg track sugar grams? Other than that I love what all the GWF can track.

Wingz
03-22-2009, 09:41 PM
I found all the old podcsts on www.mediafly.com and they're awesome! Just search on Jillian Michaels and the most recent one's will come up. She started the show in Aug/Sep 2006. Have found her to be pretty inspirational and am addicted!

WOW Thanks so much for the link to find all the past Jillian shows. I have now downloaded them all.

lovelandtx
03-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Wingz-You're welcome! It took me a while to find them but I'm so glad I kept looking....happy podcasting.

Gretchenpdx
03-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Wingz: no BB doesn't track sugars.

and yes: loveland, thanks that is much better than iTunes.

Wingz
03-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Since I have started using the GWF armband and logging my food I can tell that I am making good changes. I think the logging of the food has helped a lot and then the follow up with what the armband is recording as for as work outs and getting in enough steps each day.

My wife started a couple weeks before me she is now down about 20 Lbs. Sunday I really could tell the difference she is making in herself. She told me today the people she works with have noticed it lot, all I can say is WOW!! LUCKY ME :)

geoblewis
03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
I got my GWF armband a few weeks ago and have lost five pounds so far. I had actually been stuck for several months within a ten-pound range and now I've been able to move past that. I directly attribute that to the use of the GWF armband because it's kept me honest and more accurate with how much I'm eating and how many calories I've burned. And when I see that my "assumptions" about how much exercise I've done in a day are off, then I am more prone to take advantage of adding more exercise later in the day.

Georgia

TheBeesKnees
03-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Question for you folks with the GWF...how long can you go without having to update your calories spent online if you have the wrist display?

Basically...can you go 3 days and just monitor your workout "trip" to see how much you burn, or you have to reset it via online every night?

safyre
03-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Question for you folks with the GWF...how long can you go without having to update your calories spent online if you have the wrist display?

Basically...can you go 3 days and just monitor your workout "trip" to see how much you burn, or you have to reset it via online every night?

If I recall correctly, it will only store 14 days worth of activity then will not record anymore until it is uploaded.

tinamae
03-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Anybody with BB v3 having trouble downloading their activity today. I haven't worn mine for a week but I got the treadmill this morning and wanted to download my morning activity before I left for work and nothing happens. When I clicked on calories burn the next screen pops up with no words. I do have the wireless communicator but I even tried plugging in the arm band into the usb port - - still nothing. I did update my internet explorer yesterday. I wonder if this is connected in some way. Any ideas?

Gretchenpdx
03-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Mine worked fine about 40 min ago...
(with wireless communicator)

Sorry you are having trouble though!

Bev
04-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I am hoping someone can help me. I am trying to decide between the Bodybug and Gowearfit.

I am planning on tracking calories with the website. Those that have the Gowearfit do you like their calorie logging. It is really hard to decide since they are so much like ( in software and size).

What are your pros and cons about gowearfit and bodybugg?

What is the planning tools on the Bodybugg for meal planning and exercise?

thanks

Bev

studio54
04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
I can speak for the Gowear Fit. I have owned it now going on 4 weeks and I love it. I got mine from amazon with 3 months free for $149.99 . As soon as I got it the price shot up to $169.99, so it may go down again. I got it because it was cheaper than the BodyBugg in initial cost and the monthly fee.
The meal logging is good but could be better. During the work week I always have lunch at Chipotles and it's always pretty much the same thing, Steak Bol w/ rice, black beans & mild + medium + corn salsa. I was able on the Gowear Fit website to build that combo and save it via the food logging software. Not bad, considering that Chipotles own website doesn't list their foods calorie content.
I'm pretty certain that they use the same database that the "The Daily Plate" website uses, and someone here can correct me if I'm wrong. The other thing that tipped the scale towards the Gowear Fit is that it logs how much you lie down vs actual rem sleep (the BodyBugg doesn't log sleep), and it logs 2 intensity levels moderate and vigorous while the Bodybugg only tracks moderate activity.
When I looked at both the gowearfit and the bodybugg, they looked exactly the same. The only difference was the color scheme. Then I found out they were made by the same company and from there it was a no brainer. I got the GWF.
Hope this helps. Btw, if you're not sure, get the GWF from Amazon and if you don't like it you have 30 days to send it back. ****, if you don't mind lying , you can claim it started malfunctioning and they will even cover the shipping.
Disclaimer: I have never actually lied to amazon in the past but I know people who have. Honest. :-D

Anyway, hope that helps a bit, I know it's kind of a big investment and you want to make the right decision the first time but honestly whichever one you decide to get, I think you will be happy.

Bev
04-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Heads up, I just want to amazon and the gowear is on sale for 144.87 so for the go wear and the display it woul be 214.86-- I think I have made up my mind which one to get. I did write 24 fitness and they said they don't plan on having the display on sale anytime soon. Unless someone tells me gowear is not as good as bodybugg I will order the gowear.

studio54
04-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up about the price cut. I wrote Amazon to credit me the price difference since I got mine March 8th.

Get it. It is a steal at this price.

Artemis68
04-02-2009, 12:39 PM
My instruction booklet says that when my GWF is fully charged the light will be a steady green. The light has never been a steady green... it flashes green.

Was it a misprint or is there something wrong with my GWF?

Artemis68
04-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Nevermind, I was reading it wrong.

studio54
04-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Aretmis68,
If you exercise on an elliptical trainer, could you tell me how many calories does the GWF log down as used (on avg. doesn't have to be exact or anything) per hour?

Bev
04-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I thought I posted this the other day but 24 hour fitness will have the bodybugg on sale for 199 starting on Sunday.

losingitandlosingitwell
04-07-2009, 10:32 PM
I just ordered a sensewear and have been wearing it for a day. looks like I should spend a Sunday afternoon inputting "recipes" of the meals I usually eat so I can save myself the time and hassle during the week(s). I was worried about the size of the unit and arm band but it really isn't too bad.

I'm excited! I must be a little bit of a gadget girl - I have been using an omron pedometer for the past month and I get pretty anal about going out for "one more walk" to meet the 10,000 step goal. Hey, whatever works, right?

L144S
04-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey everyone!
Hanging in there. between vacation, work and the holidays i am so salt bloated I feel yucky. Tons of water today and back ontrack forr me!

jajabee
04-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Hey again! I'm still staying on track, still loving the GWF... I decided a few weeks ago to stop worrying about sodium, so after a "hit" on the scales, I'm back to my usual pound and a half a week average! I just accept that the number on the scale is about 2-3 pounds higher than it could be if I didn't enjoy my canned soup so much. :)

Wingz
04-14-2009, 08:31 PM
I have been wearing my GWF since March 11th I am down 26 lbs so far as of today I still have 59 Lbs to meet my 1st goal.

I am setting monthly goals for myself to meet and the food journaling has been an eye opener that has helped a lot. I also like the sleep option since I work nights I cheat sleep a lot.

Bev
04-15-2009, 08:27 AM
I just recieved my body bugg yesterday and I am hoping someone can help me.

My display and online stay I burned too different amounts. THe display says 821 and the web says 930. Does anyone know why there is a difference. I have syned my display to my armband several times.

jajabee
04-15-2009, 03:51 PM
There's a page somewhere on their site that says the display uses a "miniaturized" version of the algorithms they use to calculate calorie burn, so it's normal for the display to be a little (like 50 calories) off at the end of the day. The website is the accurate number.

Bev
04-16-2009, 09:53 AM
There's a page somewhere on their site that says the display uses a "miniaturized" version of the algorithms they use to calculate calorie burn, so it's normal for the display to be a little (like 50 calories) off at the end of the day. The website is the accurate number.

Thanks for answering my question.

At the end of the day I had a 140 calorie difference between the web and display and I synced them one right after the other with the display being first.

I don't know if this is normal or not. It is also taking my several tries to sync between the armband and the display. Is it suppose to sync the first time I hit the button?

Bev

jajabee
04-16-2009, 07:13 PM
It's supposed to, yes, but if you have a lot of wireless devices nearby (cell phones, etc), they can interfere with it. I didn't have a problem when I had my display, but I don't carry a cell or anything.

The 140 calorie difference does seem a bit high... maybe you can call or email them? I know I've heard people report that their customer service seems a little swamped, but you might give it a try.

I lost my display device a couple of months ago, so I've just been plugging into the computer every day. I miss the display, but not having it hasn't been a problem... and after 3 months of wearing the armband, I'm starting to be able to guess pretty darn well what my burn is going to be for the day. :)

Bev
04-16-2009, 09:13 PM
It's supposed to, yes, but if you have a lot of wireless devices nearby (cell phones, etc), they can interfere with it. I didn't have a problem when I had my display, but I don't carry a cell or anything.

The 140 calorie difference does seem a bit high... maybe you can call or email them? I know I've heard people report that their customer service seems a little swamped, but you might give it a try.

I lost my display device a couple of months ago, so I've just been plugging into the computer every day. I miss the display, but not having it hasn't been a problem... and after 3 months of wearing the armband, I'm starting to be able to guess pretty darn well what my burn is going to be for the day. :)

I emailed them and heard back the next day. They gave me a few things to try so hopefully they work.

geoblewis
04-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too! Gosh darn it! There go my plans for eating my way to thin!!!

I think in reality, digesting food requires some level of metabolic work, but not nearly as much as exercise. However, the human body is an amazingly efficient machine, and it will conserve energy in order to "survive". Keeping properly fueled will keep your body from going into a conserve mode.

A balanced, healthfully-chosen nutrient mix, a 500-calorie daily deficit, and daily exercise. There's no magic, just consistency.

Georgia

CelticHarpie
04-29-2009, 04:09 AM
Hello all. I just got my BB today and I'm looking forward to getting started!

One of the things that draws me to this particular program (having done other diets/programs) is that it's K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid). I love that the basic premise is: Eat fewer calories, move around more, lose weight.

Bev
04-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Hello all. I just got my BB today and I'm looking forward to getting started!

One of the things that draws me to this particular program (having done other diets/programs) is that it's K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid). I love that the basic premise is: Eat fewer calories, move around more, lose weight.

THis is the same reason why I love it, and I believe it was well worth the money. For me the simplier the better. You just have to remember to move more.

Bev

Gretchenpdx
04-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Just got the Display and love it!

It was a very generous gift from my brother and his wife to say "yeah" for the 70# lost and to help me lose the remaining approx 50#.

The other thing I LOVE is my Wireless Communicator, I forgot to take it with me when I went away unexpectedly recently and plugging in all the time kinda sucked (at least for me it was sometimes a little cranky about the order in which I opened things and when I plugged in etc), the WC came with my previous (v2) BB and it is worth it even for $, imo.

I am still averaging 2.1#/wk on my whole "journey" but have had some smaller and larger losses partly due to a family emergency etc.

How is everyone else doing?

melwolfe
04-30-2009, 11:20 AM
I just got my BB last Friday, I won't weigh in until Sunday (I'm doing WW but wanted something more) so, I have no idea really how much or little I've lost until then. I am definitely working out more so it should be good!

I want to get the wireless communicator though as constantly taking the thing on and off is a pain. I would still use the cable while at work because I'm OCD and check it every few hours or so, but at least in the evenings I could use the Wireless download.

I'm glad to see that everyone seems to like their units, I love it so far!

Meeky2004
04-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Quick question, I'm new to the forums, but am definitely getting the GWF. Does it have wireless uploading like the BB? The website says this under the Online Activity Manager heading in the user guide:

"You will need a GoWear wireless communicator to upload wirelessly. The wireless communicator must be connected to your computer by the USB cable. To upload wirelessly, press the button on the Armband and then click on the "Upload Armband" button. Select "Upload via wireless" if prompted. The data will be wirelessly uploaded while the Armband is still on your arm."

CelticHarpie
04-30-2009, 01:00 PM
My first full day went really well. I tripled my exercise goal (though just missed my steps goal), and burned more than my target calories. I also really thought about what I ate... and realized I'm not as hungry as I thought. Sometimes it's just really stopping and analyzing things that makes all the difference.

I think what I love about this program (in day one, anyway) is that last night I had a "mostly fat free burrito". Fat free beans (which I don't mind), ff sour cream (I have to admit, I prefer the leaded stuff), ff cheese (not my favorite), 99% ff tortilla and salsa. It was tasty and filling, but the best part of it was knowing that I CAN have the "real" stuff every so often. Part of the issue I've had with sticking to programs in the past is monotony.

My main problem is lunch right now. I am the marketing director for a dinner theatre.... so three or four times a week there is an all-you-can-eat buffet in my office! (Couple that with the fact that there's also a bar in the lobby and you've got trouble). I just need to be smart about what I pick up off the buffet.

My dogs and my boyfriend are benefiting too with all the walking we did last night!

LAHOKE2009
04-30-2009, 02:35 PM
WHERE DO YOU GET THE Wireless Communicator FOR THE GOWEAR FIT?

jajabee
04-30-2009, 03:04 PM
I'd love to get a wireless uploader for my GWF! I've never seen one, though, do they sell them? I'd be checking my burn rate a lot more often if I didn't have to take off my long sleeve shirt or jacket and pop it out of the armband every time. :)

Meeky2004
04-30-2009, 03:19 PM
I would like to know too lol! I guess I can contact support and ask them about it. I mean why would they put it in the user guide if they didn't have one or plan on bringing it out? I keep you all posted:)

Meeky2004
04-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Wow that was fast! Here's what they had to say:

Update for Case #5245 - "GoWear Fit Wireless Upload"

We do have plans to release a wireless communicator for GoWear but do not have a release schedule at this time.

Yours in Health,

The BodyMedia Customer Service Team

I'll be looking forward to this. I'm glad they're making efforts to give us the benefits of BB with GWF.

Meeky2004
04-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Woohoo! I just bought my GWF off ebay for $130 w/ the 3 free months. I'm so excited! Of course I'll post when it arrives :)

CelticHarpie
05-04-2009, 01:21 PM
So I had my first day of relative inactivity (yes, a lazy Sunday). The great thing about the Bugg is that I knew I wasn't going to make my calorie burn target if I didn't do something drastic. So I went on a longer than usual walk, then spent 30 minutes walking around the house doing various punches and other bizarre movements with my arms to make up the difference.

It worked! I looked like a raving idiot, but I beat my calorie burn target.

I am so obsessed with this thing! Anyone have any hints or things that work well for them? Will I still be this motivated 3 or 4 months on???