Old 02-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #121  
I'm a Clydesdale Cyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub614 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and I recently bought a gowear fit. I love it, it's a very cool gadget. I've been wearing it but I haven't been very active over the last week. I'm really interested in seeing if/how my sedentary calorie burn changes once I get in gear with daily workouts.
Hi and welcome to the 3FC site. I have learned a lot from here and used this site when I figured out what armband I wanted to go with. I like you picked the GWF, its was my wife's Valentines present and my daughter and I am helping her with all the logging since she is not the techie person of the family.

Our daughter is very interested in the armband also she likes to check her mothers readings or as she calls it "Plugging Mom In" LOL!!!

Last edited by Wingz; 02-22-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #122  
New mom, aspiring DVM

S/C/G: 280/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Oh my gosh! Do I love this stupid toy or what???

I started the day with housework, then was out and about from 10 until 7, running errands and shopping and such. I stumbled across the only Chipotle restaurant in the STATE (I loved the place while I was in KC, but it's probably good for my health that the only one in Iowa is almost an hour away!). I was hunting for food anyhow, and since Sundays are my "flexible" day, I decided to indulge. And no half-hearted diet-moded burrito - sour cream, cheese, the works. 1100 calories' worth (and I enjoyed every bite, though I only finished about 3/4 before I was satisfied and decided to toss the rest!)

Delicious, but a little more indulgent than my usual Sunday splurges.

Then compounded by the fact that I thought I'd have dinner when I got home, but started getting too hungry while I was still a half-hour away and swung into a McDonalds. Again, my "indulgent" side decided to opt for chicken nuggets (though skipped the fries, and I always have tea).

So, why am I telling you all this? I came home, expecting to have a break-even day, since my usual bodybugg burn is somewhere between 2400 and 3000, and I didn't make it to the gym today. I enter all my food, with brutal honesty, and then close my eyes while I upload my data for the day.

I've broken 3000 and it's not even 8:00 yet! I'm on par for a 1400+ deficit, even with TWO indulgent meals and no gym time!

I mean, I know I've been on my feet and pretty much walking constantly for almost 9 hours, but without the bodybugg I would have been beating myself up for eating rich foods, especially without logging any gym time! But instead, I'm celebrating the fact that I KNOW I can balance eating "normal" food in moderation and still stay on task!
Rock Chalk Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #123  

Boy am I BUMMED! I would have bought the GoWear (looks exactly like the BB) if I would have known I could have entered my food in every day! Much better deal. Shoot. Oh well. Can't do anything about it now.

I gained a pound my second week with the BB. I know my sodium has been way too high plus I'm hoping I'm gaining muscle with ChaLEAN Extreme - I have been getting the 1000 deficit and over 10,000 steps in so it should kick in here soon and show some pounds lost - I would hope!

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #124  

I got my GWF last Wednesday and have worn it every day to see what my average calorie burn is without exercise. Today I start adding exercise and can't wait to see the difference. I just love this gadget - it gives me motivation to just get up and move around more - even housework adds to the calorie burn.
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:03 PM   #125  

Hi Guys............I'm brand new and have loved reading about all of your experiences with the BB and GWF etc. I just ordered the BB from 24 Hour Fitness a couple of days ago,(hasn't shipped yet tho') and would have gone with the GWF since it added the daily food log feature, but could NOT find a place that didn't have it on backorder!), and am so excited to receive it and get started. I'd love to be a part of the group and share experiences.
Cat B.
nomorefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #126  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Hey, does anyone know, or has anyone seen both the BB and the GoWear? They look so similar and I'm wondering if the arm bands are interchangeable? I asked a GoWear rep (WAY easier to get ahold of than BB reps) and she could only tell me that they are different machines and I needed to speak with BB. Come on! BodyMedia makes them both!! They look like identical tools - but I don't want to fork over the expensive shipping charges to only have to return it.

I have the BB and have worn it 24/7 since I received it January 21st. I LOVE it! But, yesterday it fell off of me and I noticed that the glue that is holding the Velcro circle on has lost it's stick. Granted it's been soaked with sweat nearly everyday and also washed a fair bit...but hasn't everyones? I was expecting the bands to last longer than 4 weeks I guess. There's thick rubber there, but they should have stitched the Velcro in place instead of glue. For now I have it pinned with a safety pin. And, I cannot see where to reorder them on the BB site. There's lots of other accessories, but I don't see armbands for the v3.

Last edited by Nori71; 02-24-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #127  

Default Please help!

I got the bb last weekend. I wore it every day and just plugged it in when I was downloading. I kind of forgot about charging it. Last night I was about to put it back on and nothing happened. I realized it probably needed to be charged so I tried to do that. This morning it still wasn't working, but I realized I had turned off my computer over night. So I tried to charge it. I called tech support and she told me it was in sleep mode or something and that I just plug it in and it flashes green and after 3 hours it will be charged. It is not working out that way. I've had it plugged in all day and it still won't work. Am I missing something obvious or is there a problem with mine?
kellij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #128  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellij View Post
I got the bb last weekend. I wore it every day and just plugged it in when I was downloading. I kind of forgot about charging it. Last night I was about to put it back on and nothing happened. I realized it probably needed to be charged so I tried to do that. This morning it still wasn't working, but I realized I had turned off my computer over night. So I tried to charge it. I called tech support and she told me it was in sleep mode or something and that I just plug it in and it flashes green and after 3 hours it will be charged. It is not working out that way. I've had it plugged in all day and it still won't work. Am I missing something obvious or is there a problem with mine?
If it's in sleep mode, all you have to do is push the big button once on the device and then plug in the usb cable and upload the data. See if that works. Did you register your device?
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #129  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
Hey, does anyone know, or has anyone seen both the BB and the GoWear? They look so similar and I'm wondering if the arm bands are interchangeable? I asked a GoWear rep (WAY easier to get ahold of than BB reps) and she could only tell me that they are different machines and I needed to speak with BB. Come on! BodyMedia makes them both!! They look like identical tools - but I don't want to fork over the expensive shipping charges to only have to return it.

I have the BB and have worn it 24/7 since I received it January 21st. I LOVE it! But, yesterday it fell off of me and I noticed that the glue that is holding the Velcro circle on has lost it's stick. Granted it's been soaked with sweat nearly everyday and also washed a fair bit...but hasn't everyones? I was expecting the bands to last longer than 4 weeks I guess. There's thick rubber there, but they should have stitched the Velcro in place instead of glue. For now I have it pinned with a safety pin. And, I cannot see where to reorder them on the BB site. There's lots of other accessories, but I don't see armbands for the v3.

Nori, have you called them and asked for a replacement? You're still under warranty. I'm thinking it should be free.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #130  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5"1

I got my bodybugg a couple of weeks ago, and I love it!! It makes me get up and move around more instead of sitting around.. it was expensive but I think it was worth it.
jleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:31 AM   #131  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

The velcro came off of minetoo, went to staples and bought replacement, but I swiched to the other band for now. I am going to figure out how to stitch it on. still about a lb a week, VERY happy since this is my big work season and i spennd a lot of time working at the computer.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

I'm sure the GWF armband is the same as the identical BB... I don't think they'd spend extra money retooling the manufacturing process for no reason, right?

I guess this might sound kind of gross, but I haven't washed my armband yet... I wipe the device itself down every time I take it out to use the USB port, so it's clean, but the material on the armband just doesn't seem to need cleaning yet. It doesn't smell funny or anything. When I do clean it, I think I'll probably hand-wash it in the sink, or maybe just spray it with some sport wash product or something.

And I just had a successfully recorded stationary bike ride with the GWF, so who knows. An identical ride two days ago was 80-100 calories underestimated. Maybe I was moving my arms more?
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #133  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Nori-

When I had my coaching session, she said something about replacement armbands being available soon, but I don't see them there yet.

I have my coaches e-mail address, you do you have yours? Maybe you could just e-mail her/him to get a new one??

Last edited by Sandi; 02-25-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #134  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Nori -

Go here http://www.shop.myminifly.com/main.sc doesn't 5, 6 and 7 look like replacement bands for the v3. I know it says sensewear and gowear fit, but it sure looks the same!!

Someone had mentioned minifly before, so I dug up the link and they have them!!

You could always call or e-mail and ask to be sure

877 432 0333

[email protected]

Last edited by Sandi; 02-25-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 203/185/140

Height: 5'2"

Good news everyone!The medium bb straps are now available on the 24hourfitness site. I'd post a direct link to the straps, but I can't due to not having enough postings yet.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote