Old 03-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #1  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Smile March 2011--LAWL Friends!

Hello all! It's a new month, where is everyone?

Does anyone have any specific goals they'd like to meet this month? I need to think of a new goal since my 10wk running goal is coming to an end next week. Not sure what to do next..so I've been thinking.

Hope everyone is well and I hope more people chime in!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #2  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

I am here! Its been a busy week! I let one of my staff go on Monday and it was really busy so I stayed late at work. Tuesday, my son was in the playoffs for hockey so I was at the rink for two hours after work last night. I am glad I was there. It went into double overtime and my boy scored the game winner. Its the proud parent moment!!!!
Tonight I am committed to a one hour workout to make up some ground for the past two days. I even talked my son into making supper tonight...awesome!!!
I need to work on my abs tonight. I am going to do 30 minutes on the treadmill but I need to work on my gut area...agh!!! Its the part of my body that I like the least.
Other than the cold weather we are having, I can't complain...life is good!
Have a great day!

Jillian- My goal this month is to stick to my exercise routine!!!!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #3  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Happy March everyone!

Jillian maybe you could get some ideas for goals at the end of the journey in the maintainers forum too. How about a food goal, like to eat 30g of fiber a day or something like that?

My goals for this month are to lose 10lbs in the month, plus get more active. I've just started a C25K and I'm pretty excited about it. Doing just the first few workouts have given me more confidence -- I chose to take the stairs at work because I thought, pfft, if I can run, I can walk up these stairs. I found myself about to say 'I can't' when my DS asked me to race/chase him, and then I realized, I can, so I did!

Joan -- You are really moving, great job!

JM -- hope your back is feeling better What does Josie think of your weightloss? Has she mentioned it? I was surprised by the interest my DS took in mine...he's my little diet coach now.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #4  
WonderWoman

angie--those are great goals! congrats on starting the C25K! that's awesome!

i'll have to look on the other forums for some ideas. i already get in 35g or more of fiber everyday, so i don't think i wanna get anymore in!

i'm curious too, JM..has Josie said anything about your losses yet? sometimes kids are oblivious. my kids really don't notice or at least they don't say anything. and i have to explain to them why i'm getting rid of some clothes or getting new ones.

hope everyone has a good weekend. next week is my birthday. it's on a friday this year. don't think i'm doing anything special for it.

CALLING ALL LURKERS---COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!??
Old 03-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #5  
WonderWoman

ps..angie, how about a new avatar pic?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #6  
Joan

Morning everyone, well I managed 45 minutes of exercise last night and it was awesome. I slept so good. My husband told me that he isn't going to work out with me anymore if the workout starts at 8pm. It was the only time that worked for me last night!!! haha
Well I would like to work on a few better food choices, not that I am eating bad but I could certainly start writing down everything again. I have been so busy trying to make exercise my priority that I lost my way a bit in the kitchen.
I am feeling good. I don't know if I have lost any weight as my clothes feel pretty much the same but I am not going to quit. I really need to keep going!
Well have a great day.

Joan
Old 03-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #7  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Angie-my back is better, thank you! I was so grateful that this was a one day thing and not a 2 week thing this time! Took a walk yesterday in between rain showers. Hope to hit the gym tomorrow.

Josie hasn't noticed anything. She's generally self-absorbed as 4 yr olds tend to be. Occasionally she surprises me with an observation.

Saw my nutritionist today and have moved into "normal" eating-which means I can start to add in veggies, fruits and grains! Yay! I never thought that a salad or bite of banana would sound so good! I told her I was worried about adding in bread, pasta, potatoes, etc and she said a lot of people decided not to add those in for a while or at all. So I can see how it goes. I would really love to add in oatmeal though . . .so I might attempt that one morning.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #8  
It's mine for the taking

Jillian -- You are definitely getting enough fiber!! I should do a new avatar...I may pick one of the photos from our trip to Disney last December. Oh, I also have a goal to be comfortably in a size 14 by the end of April, which I think is doable. I can wear some 14s now, but only if they have lycra or spandex in them...lol. How about going out to a movie with the kids for your bday? Or having a movie night in with popcorn and sleeping bags?

Joan -- I have to journal what I'm eating, I find when I stop writing it down, or when I stop stepping on the scale each morning (I'm a daily weigher) that's when I go off track. Keep going with your great exercise regime, you're doing great.

JM -- How exciting to be able to add in some normal foods again. I remember how giddy I was about moving from Phase 1 to Phase 2 on my plan and that's nothing compared to what you've been limited to eating. Are you back at work full time now? Do people notice the difference yet? I noticed that many many people didn't notice my weight loss until I got to 40-50 pounds. Oh, just mentioning because I think it's ironic, but my boss' name is Marie-Julie and I call her MJ.

ETA -- I just added some progress pics here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ml#post3741272

Last edited by Angie; 03-03-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #9  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Angie-okay that's hilarious that her name is Marie-Julie. Doesn't flow as well as Juliemarie though!

People have been noticing-especially people I see once a week at church. The weight's been coming off fast enough that every week my face, my boobs, or butt look smaller.

I am back at work full time-have been since 2 weeks after the surgery. i'm pretty much fully healed and I don't really have to worry about lifting restrictions anymore. And I'm definitely looking forward to eating more normal meals.

Great new avatar!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #10  
It's mine for the taking

Happy Sunday!

We had a really rainy mild day yesterday and ALL of our snow melted...woke up this morning and it's all back. Stinking weather. I had just been considering putting the cover back onto my gazebo...guess I"ll wait a few more weeks.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #11  
Joan

Good morning, can't believe its Monday already. I had a great weekend. I increased my cardio this weekend on the treadmill. The past few weeks, I have been walking 1 minute, running 1 minute alternating. This weekend, I was walking 1 minute and running 2 minutes. Its slowing getting easier.
I have to admit though that I had a bad phone call with my Mom last night. She made me so mad!!!! I got off the phone and had a beer! That must be what they call emotional eating and drinking....sigh It tasted good at that moment.
Anyways, today is a new day and I am planning on working out at least a couple of times this week. I am not really noticing any changes in my clothes but I am definately feeling good.
Anyways, gotta run.
Have a great day,

Joan
Old 03-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #12  
WonderWoman

hello all. late post from me..not such a great start to the day or week...X isn't having a good day, so i'm not having a good day!

last week on my 10wk run schedule. i've got a plan for the next goal and i'll share when i have more time. hope all is well with everyone!

great to see a new pic from you, Angie! now we need the others to join in! and for the lurkers to come on out from behind the screen!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, I just don't take that many pictures, but I found one from my DD college graduation from last summer. At least I'm not hiking in this one... 99.9% of the pictures of me that have been taken since I got married (over 25 years ago) have been of me sweat covered and hiking with my DH or mountain biking and sweat covered (not sure if bike shorts or that fanny pack are more unattractive to the female form, but neither a look that any sane woman wants to be what they are remembered for). Nami walk already? Time does fly. When does that hubby of yours get back from his deployment? It has to be getting closer now.

Yesterday I was doing minister of welcome duties at church and got assigned to go up to the balcony and collect the offerings, and I had not been up there more than once or twice in the 16 years or so that we've attended that church, so didn't realize that there was one more step at the bottom of the stairs, as it is flat for about 4 feet and then another step (like a platform) that it is all colored the same so you have to look close to see that step... I almost face planted, and tweaked my back and my knee trying to not spill the collection (which is basket with a 6 foot handle). totally embarassing too. Not that I did a major injury, just feeling creaky today.

Not the best weekend food wise... well maybe drink wise it more honest... My DH took me on a romantic get away to the crown plaza hotel, and it came with free cocktails and appetizers, and then there was a free breakfast buffet the next morning.. I seem to be a sucker for free junk food. Then my DH brought home a pizza for dinner the next night. I didn't go over on WW points for the week, but still... I think that for me those bonus points are like permission to behave badly.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #14  
It's mine for the taking

Great pic Barbara! Hope you're not too sore from your tumble.

Jillian, can't wait to hear about your new goals.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #15  
WonderWoman

i'm down another pound..and right before TOM and my birthday! what a nice surprise.

crap..no more time to write, my little beast is throwing a major fit. be back later.