40-Somethings - 40's September Chatter

View Full Version : 40's September Chatter

PinkyPie
09-04-2008, 04:29 AM
Sorry chicks, if I step on any toes here, but seeing that's it's September 4th and yesterday I turned 40... I see it as a sign to start a new thread!

My name is Renée and I live in the Netherlands, though I am originally from the US (New Mexico to be exact).

I am not married yet (was supposed to be October but that's another story for another time - my date is now March 6th 2009), but I am living together with my Dutch partner, a great guy, a great dad to my two step-kids (she is 10, he is 7). My biggest challenge that I have (or my greatest "excuse") is that we live 130 km (or just over 100 miles) away from where I work so I lose 20 hours a week just traveling back and forth to the office. Since June I actually have been renting an apartment in the town where I work, or rather, a room, but I'm going to stop that as of the end of this month. 1) I'm not doing any of the things I said I was going to do (eat right, prepare meals, go to the gym, have a social life), 2) I am working WAY more than I was before, which causes stress, which triggers stress eating and not going to the gym and 3) I simply really don't like living away from my guy. Plus it will now save me €300 a month that I can put towards my bills and/or my wedding.

I love where I work and I just got a promotion, so finding a new job in the area where I live is not an option right now. Because of this promotion it's really important that I stay here for a while to have the experience to move on to somewhere else. I have struggled in the recent past with depression, job loss, divorce, almost being broke, temp jobs, etc. - this is too much of a good thing to leave too soon.

What else can I tell you? Well, I'll put it out there... I'm desperate for support. Really desperate! I honestly have no one here that I can check in with on a daily basis and I could really use some support. I am a lifetime WW'er - which sometimes depresses me even more... I LOST the weight, I KEPT it off, but in true emotional eater style I gained it all back in my really bad period a few years ago.

I am a Weight Watcher but my eating/lifestyle philosophy is based on whole, nutrition foods, superfoods, and moderation. On top of that, then, the choices I would make would be calculated into points. Theoretically of course... WHEN I'm actually counting points. *sigh*

If you've made it through all of this, thank you and again, I'm sorry for starting the thread, I'm just really eager to reach out and to meet you guys and to get support and give it where I can.

Renée

suenami
09-04-2008, 04:43 AM
Hi Renée, glad you started a new thread, it'll be good getting to know everyone here! Congrats on the wedding :)

-Susan

PinkyPie
09-04-2008, 04:51 AM
thank you Susan! Good to meet you!

suenami
09-04-2008, 06:51 AM
I want to hear more about your wedding, Renée! And how lame am I...I got to change my CW down another ell bee this morning, so every time I make a post I stare at the new number. Some would say I need to get a life... ;)

-Susan

PinkyPie
09-04-2008, 07:09 AM
hey! you don't need to get a life! unless I do as well... my scale said 204.4 this morning and last week it was 205 :lol: it's the little things in life!

So, my wedding...
Well, you see, I've been married before. TWICE before. Yes, I'm one of those people. I joke all the time and tell people I'm going for Elizabeth Taylor Status, but of course inside it pains me that I've done this all before. The fact I'm doing it again scares me to death, but I have finally come to a point in my life where I'm not doing things because it seems the right thing to do.

Anyway, we were supposed to get married in October. Mind you he asked me almost 2 years ago but I have been putting it off. Why? Simply because of my weight!! So, weight loss or not we were going to get married. And guess what... with the regulations here to get married, we missed our registration to get the date we wanted! We wanted to do it here, including the kids, so we were bound by their school schedules. This is the second time we've postponed now so I said, "right, that's it, we are going to Vegas!" And Ron practically jumped up in the air and said "YES!!" So, that's it. We are pretty much eloping!

I have a weird relationship with my parents/family, and his family is also on the weird side, and no, it doesn't include the kids, but we are good with this decision now.

A few friends in the States will probably come, but honestly, if it's just me and him I'm ok with that too. BUT... yes I need to have a hot dress and a nice 'do and it will be a beautiful day in the way that we want it, so now I'm actually excited about it!

suenami
09-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Well that sounds great! Good for you. Would love to see wedding pix when it's all said and done.

-Susan

PinkyPie
09-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I will definitely share pics when we have them :)

lovnmom
09-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Renee, NEVER apologize for starting a thread. That said, Happy Birthday to you and welcome to your 40's. It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life, but you can accomplish weight loss along with all of your other successes. I'm 44. Mother of 4. I do not work my hubs of 14 years does that while I do everything else. It works for us. I was a yo yo dieter my entire life. All through my adult life I would gain and lose the same 30 pounds every winter and spring. Talk about a revolving closet!! I started focusing on being healthy 27 months ago. It's a slower losing process, but there has been no up and down. I'm either maintaining or losing. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Hopefully we can give and get support together.

Slashnl
09-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Welcome to 40's, Velveteen! It's a good place to be. I'm sure that the others from the chat thread will join over here soon. It helps to post on the old thread that you are posting a new thread, so I told everyone else about it.

Good luck with your wedding plans.

Clydegirl
09-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi Renee welcome to the 40's and happy birthday. A Vegas wedding sounds like fun.

My weigh in and I'm down half a pound. I'm just rolling along maintaining. I know what I need to do. Here's to a better week.

It's absolutely pouring rain here at the minute. All from Gustav, it's going to lower our temps which is a good thing.

PinkyPie
09-04-2008, 09:09 AM
oops, sorry! yes you are right, posting the link in the old thread would have been helpful!

lovn - great to meet you and thanks! and I just didn't want to be like new girl jumping in too enthusiastically but I'm glad you guys are ok with me starting the new thread. That's great you've been losing and/or maintaining... slow is better than NO, right?

Diane - thanks and great to meet you here too!

Clydegirl - thanks very much!

Shy Moment
09-04-2008, 10:12 AM
We are all just chatting away on the old thread lol.

TechAlum
09-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Hello All,

Just wanted to post a quick response to Rennie about Curves. I belonged there for 2+ years and really enjoyed it, although it did get a little boring at the end. The reason I quit was because I wanted dh to start exercising and he of course can't go there so we joined the local community center which has a gym. The thing I liked best about Curves is that I didn't have to think at all, I just jumped in and started working, the faster you work the harder it is. Now I have to remember where I set the machines, but at least dh is feeling better (minus the cancer treatments but that's another story). I lucked out when I joined my mom was trying to get me moving so she paid the joining fee for my birthday, and I paid the monthly, it worked for us. Whatever you decide I hope you can find something that works for you.

-Tech

clayr
09-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi, I'm really glad August is over... whatawackymonth. My leg infection caused a rapid rise in my temperature Saturday night even after 8 days on antibiotics, we went to the emergency room and I was admitted to the hospital and given vicadyn (sp?) intravenously, I was released Tuesday night. I've got a picc line in my arm now and will continue with an IV taking cubacin for 7 more days through homecare. I really hope this knocks the beast down for good. This was MRSA if you get an infection have it tested right away, it is very antibiotic resistant, don't mess with this it's insideous.

On a lighter note the doctor's office scale says I lost 3 pounds. :)

Hi Renee, welcome to the 40's and congrats on your wedding

HowdIGetHere
09-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Hey Renee, et al- I'm a WW lifer too and brand new to this (or any weight loss) site. You can tell by my handle I'm as surprised as the next guy what I'm doing here. To shorten my story: I was fit all my life, naturally thin with no effort, after two kids in less than two years I joined WW to learn how to eat properly. Lost every ounce of the "baby fat" and 10lbs more for cushion. And kept it off for many years. At 38 yo I actually think I heard my metabolism come to a screeching halt. And I packed it on. I am rapidly approaching my pregnancy weight. ugh

Enough of that!

Happy Birthday and welcome to your 40s! It can be a really liberating time in your life. It sounds like you have so many wonderful things going on! I'm with you on the commuting thing: My dh commutes 20 hours a week too --- he packed on the pounds for the first year. (He's a WW lifer too.) He went back on the program (no meetings, no time for that) and lost 20lbs in almost no time (he is a man for sure). He realized his new sedentary life really didn't require the calories he was ingesting.

I'm glad to see this forum out here. I think we all could use a little support on this one. I just want to be healthier. I'm back to eating right and moving more. It's a start, right?

PinkyPie
09-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi Tech - I know you guys were talking about Curves in the August thread - we actually have one here in the Netherlands, in my little city in the east, which I was totally surprised about. Sorry if you guys talked about it before, but would anyone mind telling me exactly what it is?

Clay - sounds a bit dreadful :hug: I sure hope you are on the mend now. Glad the doctor's scale is down though! Thanks for welcoming me :)

Hey Howd - the commuting thing is really a killer on maintaining a healthy life style! I actually work for Starbucks (for the roasting plant - so I'm in an admin job, not a barista working in a store) and we have a store with everything available that you guys may see at Starbucks (if you go there). In the beginning. THAT temptation was tough - all those pastries and yummy things to eat, fraps, coffee beverages - but now I'm past all that. My biggest issue is stress and NOT planning. WHEN I plan, it's a piece of 0-point cake, when I don't, I don't eat enough, I get overly hungry and I then pick the wrong things to eat because I'm starving. Working out was always something I wanted to do but was just too exhausted to do so (leave work at 7pm, get home at 9, still hadn't had dinner). I know I have to change this...

You've definitely made the right start! This is a fantastic place to be!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Clydegirl
09-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Clay sorry to hear about your leg. That MRSA is scary, sounds like they have it under control. Hope you continue to get better.

Shy Moment
09-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech
I have still been thinking about joining. Since I don't have to pay for it it isn't about the money. Well it is, I am not going to have them pay for something that isn't going to do for me what I want it to do. I like that it is all woman, except for the owner. I really don't want to waddle my whale body in front of men lol. I am glad your hubby is doing better. He has a long road to follow before he gets healthy again.

Clay
Sure glad you found out what was wrong and got treatment. I hope that you are doing clears it up. Nice going on the loss. Hey if we have to not feel good, we should at least lose weight :)

Velv
Hello and welcome. My name is Renay too :) Curves is a gym for woman only. They have machines that you don't have to do a thing to but get on and do your workout. You do a circuit workout there. So much time on each machine. You go through all the machines twice for a 30 min workout. You are suppose to do this routine at least 3 times a week but you can do it 6 times a week if you want to. There is very little thinking to do once you learn the proper way to use each machine. You are told when to take your pulse and when to go to the next machine.

From the information I have gotten from woman not all Curves are created equally. Some are christian based and are real funny about what is said in the building. Some are much more lay-ed back. All curves are suppose to have trained people that make sure you use the machines properly but some woman say not all of them do. Not all of them have the same hours and I haven't found one that is open after 7 pm which is a problem since I would rather do my workout at night after I have everything done for the day.

I have gone to all three of them in my area and I can say they are not all the same. One seemed very nice, one I thought I was bothering the woman to leave from behind the desk to even show me around ( I was there before and the thin woman were making fun of the heavy woman with the person that worked there ), one the ladies weren't changing machines when they were told ( they were to busy chatting ) and I sure wouldn't have been able to do the circuit training as I should because I wouldn't be able to get to the machines like I should be able too. The two I wasn't happy with I want to go back to again to make sure it wasn't just a bad day to be there.

Once you join curves you can go to any curves you want. This would be real nice for me because there is a curves down by the camp grounds we go to from the time the air isn't freezing until the air is freezing again and I wouldn't have to miss my workouts lol.

Debala
09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome!

I spent about 6 hours driving today (all tollway driving), during a very steady rain, so I missed lunch as I had to keep my hands on the wheel all day long. So, I really really wanted some pizza, so when I got home I went to the website of my favorite place and looked up the NI for an individual pizza and I could afford it in points, so I indulged myself! And I stayed OP because the pizza was loaded with vegetables and I paired it with a salad. Yummm, but now I stink of garlic. :lol:

As too Curves, I know the doctors out here are loving them because they are making a killing with patients coming in with knee problems. Now I'm not saying all of these places are the same, but obviously the ones here are having ladies come out with bad knees. Shop around, as maybe a small local gym would be cheaper and better for you.

Time for my walk, take care all!

Shy Moment
09-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Deb
That was one of the things I have been wondering about. From what I saw of the machines there shouldn't be a problem with any of them except the squat machine. I live in a tiny town surrounded by tiny towns lol. We don't have anything around here except the Ymca and that is 500 a year. Even then you can't do everything there most of the time because they have everything from the pool to the work out rooms rented out.

Clydegirl
09-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Rennie I was a member of Curves for 5 years. I had to stop going after I had a bulging disc in my neck and my frozen shoulder. I really enjoyed it. You work at your own pace and now they have the new smart machines that tell you how well you are working out. If people are not moving on the circuit just go around them. Some Curves are better than others and you will find the best time to go that suits you.

dolphinlvr
09-05-2008, 02:03 AM
:bday2you:

Renee

I posted a birthday wish on another thread you started but just in case. Welcome to the 40's.

Congrats on your wedding. Vegas is alot of fun especially if you have never been there before. My husband and I eloped too. never was big on the traditional wedding so we and a few of our closest friends went to Reno. I will be married 13 years October 14th. We've talked about renewing our vows on our 15th Anniversary and doing a more traditional ceremony.

looking forward to swapping stories and helping each other through this journey.

Don't dwell on the past. You are on the right track so just look forward and take one day at a time. Look at what you have done so far.

Woow Clayr, you have had it rough. Hopefully September will be better. Great news about the 3 lbs. :cheer3: Even though I don't know you yet, I wish you a speedy recovery and will put you in my prayers.

Karen

PinkyPie
09-05-2008, 03:58 AM
Renay - hey, thanks for the Curves information. I looked it up on the internet and found there are actually quite a few here in the Netherlands... however, it doesn't say how much it costs, or what the opening hours are. I find that really frustrating. I know it's a small thing, but I have a sort of phone phobia :lol: Because Dutch is my 2nd language I sometimes have a hard time making myself understood OR understanding the other person when it comes to the telephone (you can't see the person's mouth in case you miss a word - it's not really lip-reading, but you'd be amazed how essential it is to see the person you are talking to when it comes to a foreign language!). So, I may bite the bullet and phone anyway, but knowing this country, Curves is probably not going to be open in the hours that I need to go. I just quit my gym (at €72 a month) so I don't want to join another one and discover I have no time for that one either.

Debbie - good for you for looking up the NI for the pizza!! I tend to do that too - if I'm going to have pizza then it's veggie pizza with a salad. Even though my memory salivates at extra pepperoni :lol:

Karen - thank you so much! We have both been to Vegas before, but never together! We are going to take two weeks off so that we'll fly into Phoenix, do some sightseeing, drive to Vegas, do the wedding thing, maybe even hit LA while we are out there. It'll be nice to just be us two away from it all!

You and your DH are a perfect example that elopement works! Congrats on your upcoming anniversary (which by the way, was OUR October date that ended up being cancelled!)!

And you are right. I'm focusing on the day. That's all I can do. I can control and adjust today, but not the past.

So yesterday, Ron came home at around 10pm (he's started school again) and had a piece of my birthday cake (which I had none of yesterday) and yes I thought "I want that too", but I wasn't actually hungry so I didn't have any and just pushed through that feeling. I logged onto my WW account as well and was 20 for 20, so a perfect day. There was a pizza that was meant for me to eat for dinner, but instead I had couscous and veggies and chickpeas. So I feel good about yesterday. It's a good (re)start!

Probably helps that I'm at home and can hardly walk, but it's these boredom times that I'm looking in the fridge and cupboard for the answer to my boredom! Not this time!!

lovnmom
09-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Wow Clayr, I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with an awful infection..I hope you're all healed up soon.

Debala, Your pizza sounds yummy and you made great choices by topping it with veggies and pairing it with salad and not breadsticks or cheese bread!! WTG

klmetz, Welcome to the 40's pages. I'm looking forward to getting to know you too.

Renee, Boredom can be a killer. Sounds like you tackled it.

Diane, DS had his first FB game last night. Sadly they lost, but he carried the ball 13 times and averaged more than 4 yds a carry and did the punts and the kick offs. Maybe not stellar yardage, but he's never touched the ball before. He was center and noseguard last year...DH said he did well and the stands heard the smack when he tackled one guy. DS is more about how well he plays rather than about the wins or losses so it was a good night...except I was running around to VB and soccer with our two younger children..Mel kept me updated by text. She's a real doll.

You all have a terrific OP day!!

WardHog
09-05-2008, 12:56 PM
What, there's a new thread and it's already on page 2? ;)

Hi everyone! I am a 43 year old SAHM to two kids, a daughter who just turned 6 and started first grade, and a son who's 4 1/2. He's playing t-ball this year and he has his first practice game tomorrow.

I am a lifelong yo yo dieter and I re-started calorie counting at the beginning of the year after putting on about 35 pounds (again!) in 2007. I am a bit of an exercise fanatic. What some call obsession, I call dedication.

I am very happy to say that today I hit my goal weight! :woohoo: Now why does that make me want to bake a pan of brownies and eat them all to celebrate? Instead, I went to my closet and tried on small clothes. (They fit.)

Rennie, can you try out Curves for a month to see how you like it, or do you have to sign a contract?

sillycat4
09-05-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm a bit of an exercise fanatic too - although due to my excuse set of reasons I stopped or didn't do much latter 1/2 of 06 and 07 which contributed to about 45 extra lbs... which I'm happy to report now are gone!!

YEA for you - too cool - now we have to maintain!

C.

TechAlum
09-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi All,

Well, its been a rainy couple of days here so I haven't got out much. I've been a quilter for over 10 years and have kept every book/pattern/magazine I've bought, and I can't find anything. So I've been going thru all the old magazines and tearing out any patterns I like and filing them in a binder and the rest into recycling. Hopefully it will help, it will definitely cut down on the piles in my sewing room. The closet's next :eek:

Clay - :hug: Hope these new meds kick the virus, it does not sound like a lot of fun.

Rennie - All Curves are different, I made good use of my travel pass when I belonged and visited them all over (including a couple in Canada). And some have fewer machines (depends on their membership #'s I think) and you go around more than twice. The first time I went to a really small one I went around twice looked at the clock and only 15 min had passed, I had to ask what was up.

Ward - :balloons: Congratulations on reaching goal. Too funny about the brownies that came up at my WW meeting this morning. As far as Curves; when I joined they had a month to month membership which was a little higher and didn't include the travel pass, I joined that way to make sure I would go and not waste $; once I decided I liked it I signed up for the year.

Renee - the reason you probably couldn't find hours and prices on the web is that they are all franchise shops, so hours very from place to place although the price is set by corporate. Happy belated birthday.

SillyCat, Clyde, Diane, lovn - :wave:

Well I should get back to work. Have a great weekend everyone.

-Tech

Clydegirl
09-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Wardhog

:bravo: :cb: :hat: :cheer2: :congrat: :woohoo: :yay:

Congratulations on reaching your goal. That is awesome.

Shy Moment
09-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech
I only said twice because they said that is how you do it there. I was told all curves in ohio are the same and all have the same machines except for the stretch machine. I guess it is real expensive and not all the curves have it.

Ward
Hi, congrats on your goal. They told me they would give me three appointments in a week for me to come in and be shown how to use each piece of equipment and let me do the circuit. I guess they figure within those three times you should know if it is for you or not. I have to sign a year contract after that.

Velv
I really couldn't get much information from them on the phone. They want you to come in and talk to them. That way they can show you around and you can see what they have to offer there. Because each of them is individually owned. They have different hours.

Clyde
They are getting the smart machine set up this week. I guess it won't be available for a couple of weeks while everyone is trained. Telling you a frozen shoulder is terrible and if someone hasn't had one they have no idea the pain it causes. It took me three years of therapy, 1 at the therapists and 2 at home under their instruction and I still have only gotten back about 98% of movement. Darn thing hurts at the oddest times for, it seems, no reason at all. I am more worried about the knee. Doc won't even let me do the walking/aerobic videos that I love so much. I was doing around 10 miles of them a day because I thought they were so fun. I don't think any of the machines are going to bother me except the squat machine and I am not sure a week of workouts, three times, there is going to be enough for me to really know for sure. I would be happier if they gave me a month try out for me to be sure I am going to be able to keep going there 3 times a week.

Deb
The doctor is the one that recommended curves because of the low impact. Hopefully in three sessions I can tell what it is going to do with the knee.

Debala
09-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Whatever you decide, I wish you well!

suenami
09-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Wardhog and sillycat, BIG CONGRATS on reaching your goal! Very excited for you!

I had about five points left today and was soooo hungry, I thought "I have GOT To have something substantial!" I remembered some Klondike bars I'd gotten the other day, supposedly they are lo-cal. I pigged out on five of them and then decided I needed to assess the damage and be honest, so went to the box to read the nutrition info...LOL, only one WW point each! The joke's on me. They are really good though! Got to buy more. Also, I think that since I haven't had anything sweet (except fruit) for 3 weeks, maybe it just seemed good in comparison to raw broccoli ;)

-Susan

dolphinlvr
09-06-2008, 12:06 AM
You two should be so proud of your accomplishment and I know you can maintain. :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3. You motivate me to keep going.:broc:Hopefully by the end of this year I will be at my goal or close to it.

Renee
Great first day, keep it going. You have the right mindset.
Woow to weeks together in Vegas and or LA. I'm jealous. Thanks for the kind words. You know it is funny I have had friends who spent bookoo money on their weddings and are divorced. One couple is still paying it off. To me I rather spend my money on my honeymoon like you two are doing and then throw a big party with friends after the fact.

Lovnmom
Thanks for the great advise you have given me and other newbies. You are an inspiration.

Hi too the rest of you Deb, ShyMoment, Tech and I apologize if I left anyone out.

Hope all of you have an awesome weekend!

Please call me Karen instead of klmetz. I have actually inquired about changing my user name to something that is more me. Hope they will let me.

Karen

clayr
09-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Congratulations Wardhog and sillycat! :carrot:

I'm feeling pretty good today, I really want to workout because I know it would help keep the hungries away. I really shouldn't with the picc line in though.

My friends and family have been bringing us dinners since I got out of the hospital, which is so sweet and very helpful. Much of the food has been very comfort oriented though, baked macaroni and cheese and warm brownies, I've overindulged and am feeling a bit lost right now.

sillycat4
09-06-2008, 11:30 AM
last night..... Today will be a better day. Off to run - shower - pack and head to Portland Or to visit Sister & husband. They will be meeting new boyfriend for the first time...

Should be fun - we are taking the train down and staying in a suite that my sister & husband got me for my birthday going to dinner at a Latin American resteraunt down town.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

C.

dolphinlvr
09-06-2008, 11:51 AM
[
My friends and family have been bringing us dinners since I got out of the hospital, which is so sweet and very helpful. Much of the food has been very comfort oriented though, baked macaroni and cheese and warm brownies, I've overindulged and am feeling a bit lost right now.[/QUOTE]

Clayr

First off :hug:
Glad you are feeling better but sorry to hear you feeling lost right now. It's understandable after the ordeal you have just been through. The most important thing right now is your recovery. The rest will follow. Okay so you over-indulged,,,that's in the past. Today is a new day. Be positive. Some of the posts I have read talk about positive affirmation. Tell your self I will not (fill in the blanks) for instance...tell yourself over and over I will not over-indulge today. Just a thought.

Hang in there and again glad you are feeling better healthwise.

Hi suenami

Glad to see you here. I think I will get some of those Klondike bars. I also found these ice cream bars called skinny dippers made by Skinny cow. They are caramel or vanilla ice cream with chocolate topping. They are yummy. Only 80 calories, 3 grams of fat, 30g sodium, 7 sugars, 11 carbs and 2 fibers.

I am so excited. They let me change my username. It fits me better.

I am going to go take a walk before it gets too hot.

beth4365
09-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hello.... it's so cool to read about everyone's lives and ups and downs. Somehow it helps me to keep it in perspective.

It's hard for me to join the 'conversation' threads because I sometimes am so busy that I can't make it here for a few days at a time and I'm afraid it'll look like I'm ignoring replies. But, I just wanted to say hello and thank everyone for sharing their lives here.

Best wishes to everyone!

Clydegirl
09-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Afternoon girls.

A lovely day here. I love this weather, when it's cooled down to the 70's and I can open all my windows and not run the AC. I always sleep better when the nights are cooler.

We're off to the Cardinals game tonight. This will be our last one this year. We always have a good time at the games. Fingers crossed for a win.

Enjoy the weekend.

PinkyPie
09-07-2008, 04:52 AM
HI All
had a bit of a rough day yesterday. am definitely an emotional eater and had a slight binge with some chocolate covered pretzels. We also went out to dinner for my birthday. So my start seems to be a false one.

that's ok though, I kind of knew this would happen - we have the kids with us this weekend and they wanted to celebrate with me, what can you do? I got a special dessert last night from the restaurant and I shared it with everyone, so, while it wasn't within my planned points budget (not after the pretzels anyway), it could have been worse!

my family seems to be busy making breakfast for me now... I'm just going to roll with it. I wish I could counteract some of this stuff with exercise, but with my ankle it's not going to happen.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

lovnmom
09-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Congrats Ward and sillycat!!!

Tech, Great job cleaning out the clutter. It helps with the whole mental aspect of everything. Good for you!!

Karen, the skinny cows sound yummy. Great job getting in that walk!

Clayr, It's wonderful that people are helping you through this time. Be nice to yourself and just get better. Wishing you the best.

Beth, Best wishes to you too.

Clyde, Our weather has been lovely as well. I too am enjoying it. Hope the game went your way!

Renee, Sorry to hear you hurt your ankle. Enjoy all that lovin your step children are givin!!!

Had a full day of soccer yesterday that started at 7am and didn't end until 2:30pm. All the kids either won or tied and both boys made goals. I've been on our soccer board for 10 years so it's just always a huge fun family day. With weather like we had yesterday I couldn't have found a better way to spend it. Ask me again how well I enjoyed it after a Sat. or two spent in rain or snow!!
My exercise is a little behind, but my weight is holding steady yet. That's 6 weeks of maintenance success. Yoo hoo!
Have a blessed Sunday all!

clayr
09-07-2008, 09:45 AM
It is beautiful and cool outside today, Hanna rained on us all day yesterday ( much needed rain) but we didn't get the winds, everything seems clean and fresh now.

dolphinlvr- Thanks for the encouragement and hug, it helped me feel much better. I really like being in control of my food preparation and numbers, I really need to allow the bumps to happen without derailing me, it's just part of life.

beth4365- Hi and welcome! :) Yes this moves along I have a hard time keeping up too, just jump in and share.

Hi Clyde, hope your team won

Velveteen- I emotional eat too, that is how I gain, not at dinners or cook-outs. Enjoy your family and the attention, it's just a bump, a happy bump. :)

Slashnl
09-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Whew, been a busy weekend for me. Hope everyone is having fun and getting some relaxing in, too.

Had to do some grocery shopping yesterday and I needed to find a new farmers market to get some tomatoes and roasted chilies. I was happy that I stumbled on a new one that is just perfect. The other one I had been going to sold their property and closed down their business. Sad day! But this new one seems to be pretty good and I liked the 76 year old woman who runs it. I admire that! So, today I'll be canning tomatoes and freezing the chiles.

Yesterday was another football game for my son. They are doing so well! They won again, this time 30-14. This team gave them more of a challenge, which will probably help them in the long run. They are undefeated and will play the other undefeated team next week. Should be a good game. They don't play at a regular field, though. They divide a large area of one of our big parks into 4 fields. They are regular sized fields, but you don't have bleachers. Each field is for a different division: 5th grade, 6th grade, lightweight 7th/8th, heavyweight 7th/8th. Many parents bring chairs, but some of us just walk up and down the sidelines. I was getting very ticked off at this one woman who cheered for the other team, standing right behind our players. WHAT??? Do you not understand that your team is on the other side?? Duh??? There was more room on our side, so I understand that why she wanted to be on that side, but show a little sportsmanship. So, I made it my goal to cheer louder than she did. I won! We won! She moved on.

I'm also going dress shopping with my daughter and her friend. They have a dance coming up, so we need to get a dress. The church that I attend is very casual and she normally doesn't like to wear dresses, so she doesn't have one. Should be fun.

Well, better go. Have a good rest of the weekend!

Shy Moment
09-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Slash
Have a fun time shopping

dol
glad to see people are taking care of you

vel
You take care of yourself

dolphinlvr
09-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Hope everyone is enjoying there weekend.

I just back back from my 45 min power walk and I feel great. We have been having a heat wave in Cali..so if I don't walk early I wont do it cause it is too hot.

yesterday I had lunch with my friend who had a baby well actually she's 3 months now. Reddish blond hair and big blue eyes. What a doll and sucha good baby. I had Japanese food for the first time in a month. Teriyaki salmon, california rolls and green tea or and water. It was yummy. I was hoping the salt would not effect my weight. I am happy to say I am still 197. I would have liked to have lost more by now but at least I am not gaining.

Question, I know you are suppsed to eat 3 meals and two snack aday (feed your body every 3 hrs. a day but sometimes i am just not hungry and have to force myself to eat. Sometimes I feel I am not eating enough. Could that be my stall in weight loss?

Welcome beth4365. I am glad you have joined us and don't worry most people can't post all the time so chime in when you can.

Clayr
Gald i could be of help.

lovnmom
Congrats on maintaining your weight:cheer3::cheer2:

Velveteen

You got the right attitude. And your right it could have been worse so give yourself a pat on the back for not going hogwild. Remember today is a new day and a fresh start.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Karen

suenami
09-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Hi dlphinlvr I think you used to be klmetz, right? I'll call you Karen :) Congrats on maintaining your weight! I am right with ya--I have stalled. I have totally kept on points (WW) this past week and didn't even use my extra 35 weekly points I am allowed. Soooo discouraging. During the week I went down to 189 but today is weigh-in day and BUMMER. I have no idea what the prob is and at times I want to say "Forget it!" but what is the alternative? Yah, going back up past 200 which I NEVEREVER NEVER want to see again.

Just pluggin' along I guess! Happy Monday :D

-Susan

Shy Moment
09-08-2008, 11:55 AM
dol
Not eating enough can definably stall weight loss. It can also cause you to gain weight so be careful. If the tummy thinks the throat has been slit because it isn't getting enough food. The tummy will want to start turning everything to fat to save up for when it isn't getting the food it needs lol. First, most dietitians/nutritionist tell you not to have 3 meals a day. You are to have 6 meals ( of course this isn't 6 full meals but three meals broken into two meals a day. This might not work for you but it is what I have always done even when I workout outside the home. We have to stop saying we don't have time for this or that and make time. Break your meals into smaller meals. I eat at least 6 times a day. You eat less at a time and you are hungry to eat more often. Get a little workout in before each meal.

I have time to eat all I should eat because I no longer have time to be over weight

I have time to exercise because I no longer have time to be out of shape

Evey thing is a choice, we make the choice to be what we want to be or just talk about being what we want to be.

dolphinlvr
09-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Okay so I am happy to say I lost a pound over the weekend so maybe my stall is gone. Suenami it's good to hear I wasn't alone on this. It sound weird but I do better on the weekends than I do during the week. I eat three or 4 meals and walk in the morning.

Shy:
When I am at work it's hard to to do 6 meals. It's hard enough to get lunch in at a normal time with my job. I try to do it on the weekend but during the week sometimes I am just not hungry. I have to force myself to eat. I used not to eat breakfast but I make sure I do that now. I wish I could exercise before each meal but again my work does not allow the time to do that. Maybe though I can try that on the weekend. Thanks for the advice.

Velv
May I ask why you don't take a lunch? You need to eat right? Or do you do like me sometimes and eat at your desk. I make myself get away from my desk to eat at least 3 times a week now. Part of this process is taking care of YOU and YOUR needs so force yourself to take a lunch and a short walk. Once you get into the routine, you will look forward to it. it's also good for releiving stress from work. Trust me I know. My job can be very stressful at times and sometimes just getting a way from my desk for 15-20 min or longer if I can relieves it. You can this Velv:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Slashnl
Hope you found a nice dress for your daughter!

sillycat4
How was your weekend in the suite? I am so jealous.

This is for all you chickies :hug:

lovnmom
09-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Diane, Sounds like you had a great weekend. Tonight for us is volleyball, football, and soccer practice...busy and me with nothing in the crock pot!!

Karen, Glad you're past your plateau. Yippee! That's the main reason I do maintenance from time to time. My body will get stuck, I think because it gets tricked into thinking I'm starving, so when I up the calories my metabolism jump starts as well and then bing a loss comes easy when I go back down in claories. It works for me. As for the whole 6 meals a day...that's not for me...I usually eat 3 squares and one small snack in the evening. I break all the rules I guess, but I need to use my own rules when it comes to weightloss, because hey, that's what works for me. You look like you're getting your own rules figured out too. WTG!

Hope everyone's had a great Monday!

lovnmom
09-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Last night was crazy. I felt sorry for my little peanut. Volleyball went from after school until 5pm and then soccer was from 6-7:30pm. So I took her and her best friend sandwiches and pineapple and they just ate at school until it was time for soccer. Then when she got home she had more than an hour's worth of homework too. She got upset with her daddy when he said schoolwork at the table not infront of the tv, but when I suggested dropping a sport to make life easier all whining came to an end and all the work was done at the table. Success for one night!
I got in a 4 mile walk bright and early. It's running in the mid 40's in the morning so I'm tryingto take advantage of the cooler weather.
Hope you all have an awesome OP day!

Slashnl
09-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Lovn: What doesn't kill them will make them stronger, right? ha! I don't know how you handle more than one sport per kid. That would be really tough. Right now with both kids having one sport, I'm pulling out my hair. So, I admire your strength! I think that as long as the grades stay where they should be, I'm ok with whatever activity they want to do.

My daughter had "duct tape" day today. Homecoming is this weekend, so the schools are having a spirit week. She went to school with duct tape on her jeans and shirt. Funny stuff!

Better go... I'm at work right now.

LetsGoMets
09-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone. I have been very absent from the 40's chatter of late and I'm not sure why. Well, that's not true. The past couple of weeks have been rather hectic, in some good ways and some so-so ways.

On the good side, DS is doing pretty well with the transition to middle school. I went to Open House last week and was very impressed with his teachers. They are lively, intelligent, motivated, and really into their work and the kids. Plus, the school is beautiful...relatively new and state of the art. It was great to see that after only 2 weeks, so many people are so invested in my son, and doing all they can to help him succeed. And for a challenged, special needs child, what more could I ask for?

On the somewhat negative side, my parents stayed with us over Labor day weekend. I do not have a good relationship with my mother. To be blunt, I don't like her or the person that she is. I don't like being around her and try to limit my interaction as much as I can without causing a total civil war within our family. Anyway, as usual, she tried to make me feel bad about my weight and it worked. That, in turn, made me ticked off at myself because I should know better than to let her get to me! Sometimes I can successfully block her out but not always. I'm still stewing about it all this time after the fact and that's just not productive.

I haven't been able to exercise much either, for a variety of reasons I won't bore anyone with. That certainly hasn't helped either.

This weekend is my cousin's daughter's bat mitzvah. It's a HUGE family event, and I am already dreading it. I truly, truly thought I'd look better by this point and truth be told, I am embarrassed. I did get myself a pretty new outfit but...I'll be the fattest family member there.

Thus, I feel very low these days and although I've been lurking here and reading the posts, I kinda feel like I didn't deserve to "say" anything. I have no victories to report!

Sorry to be such a wet blanket. I'll be more positive next time, I swear!!

lovnmom
09-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Diane, Oh I wish I had saved an e-mail I received not long ago. I would have pm'd it to you....it was something like "A Fashionable Use for Colored Duct Tape" and the picture was a guy squatted down and a huge piece of color coordinated duct tape covering his plumbers crack. Ha ha funny stuff!!! Luckily soccer only lasts 6 weeks with minimal practices.

LetsGoMets, #1 I have the same type of relationship with my mother and I avoid her whenever I can, but am very civil and do what a "good" daughter is to do most of the time ;)...I just usually end up drinking a lot of wine. Starting 3 fourths of the way through her visit and ending an hour or so after she's left!!! She's not allowed at my children's sporting events, because no one needs to hear that much negativity...my kids could be all stars on tv and she'd see how some other player was better etc.....#2 I don't think 3FC was set up so people could just report their success!!!! I think we're all signed on to help each other through the rough spots. That said, you are still in the game. You haven't thrown in the weightloss towel have you? Well then, you are doing great. This weekend you put on that pretty new outfit. Who gives a hoot what size your body is? Just make sure you have the biggest smile in the room and make them all wish they had whatever it is you have! Good luck to you dear. Family get togethers : love 'em or hate 'em, but make the best of 'em!!

LetsGoMets
09-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Lovn, thanks for the awesome words of encouragement. I am profoundly ashamed of my last post because it's just a litany of whining, which really is not helpful or interesting to anyone. I think I wrote it in the midst of self-centered hissy fit! All the way driving home from work, I thought, "What right did I have to thrust my negativity on everyone in the 40's thread??"

That said, I know that I'll get myself out of this valley. The family thing this weekend will actually be pretty interesting. I do enjoy seeing most of my family members, my mother not withstanding. Plus, the reception after the bat mitzvah itself is being held at one of Donald Trump's country clubs! Woo hoo! Fancy shmancy! Should be quite interesting, to say the least.

OK, onward and upward, right?

sillycat4
09-09-2008, 09:54 PM
that is what we are all here for - sometimes we just need a place to vent. Hang in there sweetie - and don't ever try to force a relationship where there isn't one. With family we have to put up with them but it is A-OK to tell them politely that they have crossed a line and how would they like it if we pointed out ... their "shortcomigns" besides you are working on your weight and that is all any of us can do.

Take care sweetie - this too will pass and we all go onward and upward sometimes with brief stays at the pitty palace.

So don't be hard on yourself :hug:

dolphinlvr
09-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Hi everyone. We made it through another day.

Andrea
You don't know me yet but you will cause i plan on sticking around here for a long time. Dont' be sorry for having a "down" moment here. We are here for you through the ups and the downs. It helps me when I see other people letting out their feelings. It makes it easier for me to share. Glad you got through the family thing and you are still with us:)

By the way I love the Mets as I do the Giants. I grew up in New York not too far from Shey Stadium. I used to ride my bike there and listen to the game from the park. I grew to love the Giants since I have been in Cali but if the Mets are playing other teams I still cheer for them.

lovnmom
09-10-2008, 09:34 AM
DD is 15 today. Oh my gosh, how did that happen????

Lots of work for me today and then confirmation class...which I haven't prepared yet. Whoops!!

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

dolphinlvr
09-10-2008, 01:11 PM
i everyone just checking in and trying out my new signature. I think I have been here long enough now. It let me create one and no message that I had to weight So cross yur fingers. So you have to cut and paste this everytime you post or am I doing something wrong. There has got to be an easier way.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar060/slider-but6/lb/215/155/196/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

suenami
09-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Karen you can just put the link in your permanent sig file and then when you want to update your ticker go to the ticker site. There's better instructions in the help forum :)

-Susan, still waiting to be trusted with a siggie ;)

dolphinlvr
09-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Why didn't I think to look there.

Suenami when did you join. I joined on the 18th of August aand I know you were close by. You should check again. I did not get an email or anything. I just tried it again and this time is worked. I believe you only have to be here 20 days.

Karen

Shy Moment
09-10-2008, 09:46 PM
dol
We all do what we have to do. Sometimes it isn't easy. A meal can be no more than an apple or a serving of crackers. Think about it that way. Heck we can eat a serving of crackers on the way to the rest room lol. NIce sig.

lovn
Don't you feel for kids and all they have going on sometimes. Sure glad I am not that age again when I was going to school full time and then had a full time job. My daughter worked 8 hours after school the other day. I felt bad for her lol. She then had to come home and do her chores, take care of her animals and do homework before she could go to bed. Over a 4 hour shift is not something I generally let her do because she just doesn't have enough time to do all the things she needs to do and then get 8 hours sleep. She was always wanting for me to let her work more hours. The next morning after that shift ( someones grandmother died so she worked her shift and picked up their shift too so they could go to the funeral ) she said she never wants to do that again lol.

lets
Isn't it terrible as we get older we have nothing to do with our parents. I have nothing to do with mine. She was a terrible mother and an even worse grandmother. I could forgive how she treated me but not how she treated my children. I am a very forgiving person and help anyone I can but I found out things like, when she was suppose to be sitting them before and after school ( which I had to pay her to do )when I had to work. She was sleeping on the couch and letting my 8 year old go out to the bus stop by herself. That was the reason I was paying her because I didn't want my children at the bus stop by themselfs. When they would get home from school ( 1 hour before I got home from the one job I worked ) she would call them nasty names all the time. This was the reason, at a time in my life when I had to work, I ended up finding a job working 10 hours at night so they didn't even know I was gone. While she lived in the same state I did I all that a " good daughter " should do because she is my mother. That all stop little by little once I was hearing things from my children. Once she moved out of state I don't even talk to her if she doesn't call. We have to take control of our life. One of the things we have to do is get rid of people that make us unhealthy. Doesn't matter what the rest of the family thinks. If they care about us they will be ok with the decisions we make. If they aren't happy with our decisions then they don't care about us and it is time for them to go too. We don't just talk about weight here. We talk about life because it isn't just food that effects our weight. Life effects how we eat. We are here for each other. Sometimes life is hard and we need each other to lean on. You have a lot of shoulders here for the tough times. Don't forget to use them.

suenami
09-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi Karen, I started August 17. Maybe they don't like my Oh Yeah av but I think he's cute ;) I imagine him filled with veggie juice, not kool-aid.

-Susan

Slashnl
09-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Susan, I know you have to be here for 30 days, so you just have to hang in there for a few more days. Have patience!!

Lovn: So, did you have a birthday celebration for your daughter? Mine will turn 15 next April, so I know how you feel about how did they get to this point so fast!

I have to see if I can take off early today so I can get my son to football practice and get to my daughter's volleyball game. Busy day!

lovnmom
09-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Rennie, DD didn't have a very Happy Birthday. She's really feeling the sting of having parents who "ask too many questions." Earlier in the week she was invited to "party" with a friend after the football game this coming Friday night. Niavely my daughter assumed they would be going to the girl's home with the mother driving them so DD came right home and told me about being invited etc....well yesterday the girl filled her in on the plans. The plans include transportation by senior boys to a neighboring town and staying at someone elses home all together. DD, knowing that I would call the mom for party details, told her friend she wouldn't be able to go. Retelling the story DD had tears in her eyes. I'm proud of her because she didn't get mad at me. She just accepted it. I know I've destined my children to be left out of a lot, but things happened to me when I was young. I plan to keep my children as safe as possible. Thanks for listening.

Diane, Sadly I had no real time to give for her b-day. I sent fun stuff and treats to school, but it was all about football and volleyball practice for my other DD and my DS and getting those two to confirmation on time. We are going to a hotel this weekend in the Dells. It's an annual trip we take with my SIL and her family every year. It's become a habit or tradition for "the ladies" to go to Damon's and celebrate DD's b-day. 15 is just a rough age. She's "too cool" to be driven by dear old mom, but too young to drive herself and so far we haven't approached the subject of her riding in cars with other kids. Most kids who have their license are 11th graders and she doesn't really know any or if she does I don't know it...blah. I'll be glad when she gets her license. She's always been responsible and with her license she can go where she chooses and will hopefully make good choices and be home by curfew! Tonight I'm driving 80 miles for DD's volleyball game and DH is travelling about 20 miles for DS's football game. Younger son is going to a friends after school so he can make it to soccer practice and I think oldest DD will go watch FB unless she has too much homework...crazybusy as my niece would say.
Have a great day all!

LetsGoMets
09-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Good morning to all. Her we are, September 11th once again. For those of us in and near NYC, this is a very weird day. I still remember it so vividly. But I don't want to dwell on that here, I am sure we will all note the day in our own individual ways.

Anyway, many thanks to Rennie for sharing her experiences with her mother, and for the kind words of support. They are deeply appreciated. It's interesting in a way, I know many other women who are SO CLOSE to their mothers - practically cannot live without them - and I look at them with wonderment and confusion because I am so not there. I'm not jealous at all...I just observe, like an anthropologist, because those types of relationships are so totally foreign to me.

And speaking of mothers, Lovn, I stand up and applaud you...you are giving your daughter the most amazing foundation to stand on, so that she'll go out into the world as a young adult, able to make the right decisions and take care of herself. That really is my big picture...to push the baby bird out of the nest, knowing that I've given him as many tools and resources as I could for him to DO THE RIGHT THING.

On a lighter note...tomorrow night is our high school football team's opening game, at home. Can't wait! It's such a social, lively event and should be quite exciting.

Mets are 3.5 games ahead of the Phillies. By hook or by crook, they're hanging on!

Shy Moment
09-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Lets
I do understand what you mean when you see other womans relationships with their mothers. I have always wished I had that kind of relationship.

I have made sure my daughters whole life ( she will be 18 in a couple of weeks ) that she knows how very special and loved she is. Of course we fight, well I yell and she does what she is told as long as I can see her when it comes to chores most of the time lol. That is how it is suppose to be.

I always told myself my daughter was going to be the best parts of me and not the worst. She has been taught and shown from birth she is strong, she is important, she can be anything she wants to be.

Yet, we really can't make choices for our daughters. She is lovely girl that you either really like or don't like at all. She is very opinionated and has no problem with speaking her mind. This is a good thing EXCEPT she has no diplomacy at all lol.

She has had a crush on this boy ( now a young man ) since she was 12. Now at 18 she is going to date him. I don't want the boy anywhere around and time and time again he has shown he is not a good person ( do you know who he reminds me, of Eddie Haskel on Leave it to Beaver ). I only hope A. I am wrong or B she will find this out for herself. It is so strange she turns into a different person when he is around him or even when she talks to him on the phone. My daughter, who is very sure of herself and what she wants out of life apologizes all the time if she upsets him in the slightest way. This is very scary to me.

Shy Moment
09-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Here is my lastest hook rug, not including the christmas stuff I am doing. Will have the christmas pics put on in december.

Debala
09-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Very nice hook rug! Does the doggie come with it? :D

Shy Moment
09-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Deb
That dog is my beloved Bella. Isn't she just the cutest little thing :)

Debala
09-11-2008, 11:04 PM
I can see why she is so beloved, she is adorable!

Shy Moment
09-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Deb
She is the sweetest little dog and just loves me to death. Doesn't want to be away from me for a second. I really feel bad for the lady who had to get rid of her.

Shy Moment
09-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Deb
She is the sweetest little dog and just loves me to death. Doesn't want to be away from me for a second. I really feel bad for the lady who had to get rid of her. You can see my old ratty desk chair lol. I love that chair and have no desire to ever get rid of it :)

suenami
09-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Loving the hooked rug, Shy Moment! Sweet doggie too :)

I HAVE A SIG, EVERYONE! Looks like all my whining and complaining really paid off. :D

Slashnl
09-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Love the hook rug, Rennie. Sweet little dog, too.

Shy Moment
09-12-2008, 11:23 AM
You all have no idea how hard that rug was to do. No, it wasn't working on the rug itself that was hard. It was keeping Bella from dragging the yarn all over the place because she didn't want me to work on the rug, she wanted me to play. She is such a little scamp. Thank you. I enjoy doing them and if the hands are busy they aren't putting food into the mouth lol.

suenami
09-12-2008, 11:50 AM
You said it, Shy Moment, I find that when I am crafting I'm not thinking about food. Probably.

luvin2lose
09-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi Ladies,

This is a tuff week for me. My period started and ended. I have Post Menstral Syndrome. So, I'm emotional, hungry and tired. I am keeping track of my WW points, but all I really want to do is eat eat eat. I have been keeping within my points and only using a few of my flex points each day, but I still seem to be hungry. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing, and I meant NOTHING, that is going to stop me from reaching my goal. I just do not like feeling hungry and having the temptation. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

It's overcast and rainy today. This week isnt supposed to get much better once the remnants of Ike reach us here in Missouri. The weather isnt helping my motivation either.

On an up note. I went to my morning Parent Aide meeting, but the gal I am counseling had to work this morning. Her MIL was there and we chatted for a few minutes. She had this cute little black kitten in the car. I said it was odd that a kitten likes riding in a car. She was taking him to a shelter, because she had hopped in her car the other day and she didnt know it until she got home several hours later...LOL. The kitten looks like my sons cat that he lost to feline luekemia back in March. I called and asked him if he wanted the kitten and it was a go. So he is coming (and bringing my cute little granddaughter with him) to pick up the kitty on sunday. :yay:

Well, thanks for listening/reading. Hope to get to know all of you better soon.

Julie =)

suenami
09-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Julie, sounds like you need a :hug: Yay about the kitty! Sounds like it was meant to be.

Shy Moment
09-13-2008, 11:15 AM
luvin
Maybe you can spread out what you are eating more. Make what you eat several little meals. Might help with the wanting to eat all the time a bit. Oh we are getting rain here too. Rain, rain, rain. Going to be down poring for the net 3 days I guess. No camping this weekend. How sweet about the kitten. Nice that the little girl found a great home.

Sue
lol didn't say I didn't think about food sometimes just that with everything on my lap and all around me I don't have anywhere to put food lol.

sillycat4
09-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Just found out that a dear friend who started her breast cancer battle at the same time as me passed away. She had been fighting a recurrence since March 2006 and lost the battle - she fought hard though - her poor body just not up to it - she did not reach her 40th birthday and is survived by 2 young children.

In addition, my mom wants to put my Dad's ashes now into a funeral home, which I suppose is her right, just makes my sister and I sad - but I think we will have a memorial just the 3 of us and do this with mom. He has been gone 3 years now but there are times it feels like yesterday. Now is one of those times.

Anyway - enough of my pitty party - neither Robyn or my Dad would want me sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

Lovin2lose - I think that Shy might have a point. Spread the points out during the day and load up with low point high fiber & protien foods - those stay with you longer than carbs & the like.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend - C.

suenami
09-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Sillycat4 :(

:hug: to you.

Shy Moment
09-13-2008, 11:45 PM
silly
I am sorry to hear of your loss. It is very hard to lose tose close to us. Prayers are out for you that things in your life will turn out great.

Debala
09-14-2008, 10:45 AM
sillycat, I'm very sorry for your loss. :hug:

WardHog
09-14-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm sorry, sillycat. :hug:

Sarati
09-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi Ladies,
I am a returning member to 3FC's but it's been years. I have decided that I will become 100% involved in my personal weight loss journey and hold myself accountable.

I'm Paula. I'm a 46 y'old work at home mother of 2 boys 9 & 12. My wonderful husband of 13 years supports me 100% but loves to bring candy and icecream home for him and the boys. :corn: I'm also a self professed popcorn junkie.

I have joined the Biggest Loser Challenge and am on the Blue Team.

I look forward to sharing my journey with everyone!

sillycat4
09-14-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm having a better day today - I'll be helping Robyn's sister do some fundraising for the local (to london ontario) charity she is putting together for cancer patients / survivors - it's going to be a fund that helps people with medical and other expenses while going through treatment. Seems odd - but yes even though there is national healthcare in Canada there are a lot of additional expenses that people incurr especially when confronted with a serious illness.

You guys are the best support group.

((hugs))

and Thanks again.

Celia

Sarati
09-14-2008, 12:37 PM
sillycat :hug:
BIG HUGS!

Shy Moment
09-14-2008, 01:31 PM
sara
Hello
You will find a lot of people here to chat with, share with and get encouragement from. You are more than welcome to join all of us. I am on the red team

sillycat4
09-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Shy / Sara - what's the biggest loser challenge? Other than the TV show..

I guess I don't qualify having reached my goal - but my new goal is to make it through the holiday season without getting over my goal weight - more than a 3 to 4 pound monthly fluctuation..

So we'll just have to see how that goes..

Clydegirl
09-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi girls. I have not posted in a few days. I always check in though and read what everyone has been up to.

Sillycat so sorry to hear about your friend :hug: 3 years is not such a long time. My dad also passed away 3 years ago and there are times it feels like yesterday.

Ike came through this morning and brought a lot of rain and wind. He's gone now and the air feels so clear and fresh.

Sillycat you can sign up for the biggest loser challenge on that part of the forum. You are allocated a team like on the show and weigh in each week.

Speaking of which the show starts on Tuesday. Looking forward to it as they are doing teams again.

I need to go do some cleaning.

Shy Moment
09-15-2008, 04:55 PM
silly
It is a 13 week challenge they have here on the site. You have to sign up by a certain date but you can sure join the next one. We support each other. Do weekly weigh in's and chat each day about how things are going. I don't watch the show but it is fun to get involved with a group of people that are all trying to turn their body's into the body's they want in a healthy manner. You are doing great.

lovnmom
09-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Letsgo, Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's not easy being the mom. I fully understand why some people take the easy way out and be their child's friend instead!

Rennie, Good luck with DD's boyfriend. The whole dating scares the heck out of me. I don't want to see my strong girl go "all stupid." The rug is gorgeous!!

Julie, TOM is the worst time. My only advice is Pamprin and keep moving. The more active I stay the less awful I feel and the less time I have to eat things I shouldn't be. Herbal tea helps too..it'll make you pee, pee, pee : Good luck!

sillycat, I'm sorry to hear of your loss and the grief you are still going through after losing your father. I will keep you, your family and Robyn's family in my prayers.

sarati, Welcome back to 3FC. Good luck to you on your journey.

Clyde, I rearranged my schedule so I can watch the premier tonight. I so love TBL. If you want to take a pre-peak here's a YouTube short http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwvW_yeOBqs

All's been good here. My exercise is way short for the month but our soccer season is off and running. My girlfriend and I took over 400 pictures for the league on Sat. I got 8 more boys signed up for Cub Scouts last night. My 1st 2 confirmation classes have been successful. DS is rockin' at FB. They've had 3 games and he's had 2 TDs, a sack, and blocked a punt. He's also our kicker and is doing terrific and rushing yards are stacking up. All pretty cool stuff when you're 13 and full of testosterone..DD is also having a blast playing VB...She had a "Super 5" last night..5 aced serves in a row..since serving can be difficult at this age (11) a player is only allowed 5 good serves in a row and then the team must rotate thus the name "Super 5" Those may not be good enough reasons to justify less exercise, but those are the ones I'm using!!

Missing you Diane, Tech, Hopeful etc...

Hope everyone's had an awesome Tuesday!

Debala
09-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Hello all. I've been reading, just haven't had much to post about. I do WW and today was weigh in day. With being sick all of last week and not eating as much as I should have, I lost 2.8 pounds. So, this loss has me under 10 pounds till I've lost 10% of me.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Clydegirl
09-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Evening girls.

Just watched the Biggest Loser. Now I'm all inspired to do better.

WardHog
09-17-2008, 06:48 AM
I only watched the first half so far, but I am so excited for the new season!

lovnmom
09-17-2008, 09:07 AM
I fell asleep on the couch and missed the first few couples weigh in....I'm kind of ashamed of myself...we've just been so crazybusy. It didn't surprise me that the green team went home. Any time a team looks so confident they usually end up in the bottom two. Anyone else think they saw a few sparks between the yellow team girl and gray's L.T.?? They were supportive of each other back and forth.They're both extrememly cute and seem like such nice young people.

sillycat4
09-17-2008, 09:38 AM
I was so very bad last night - between TOM and my annual MRI - I was stressed and craving chocolate and salt - which I ate in large quantities.

Today I resolve to be good again - tonight I have my first dance class - learning west coast swing... ack.... hope i don't totally suck..

off to run - C.

36Paws
09-17-2008, 10:01 AM
I havent been around much with the beginning of the semester. I have 130 undergrads this semester and let me tell ya .... first year students are a trip....

I tend to do very badly on weekends but then seem to make up the difference during the week. I am still losing a pound or two a week so I guess its ok.... I am at around the ten pound mark now so that feels pretty good and I have been able to go down a size in clothes..... I had to return most of my recent eddie bauer order as things were too big or they fit just perfect now but will be to big if I lose another pound.

the doing poorly on weekends doesn't bother me.... my husband and I go out to dinner .... someplace good or I go to lunch with friends and have what I want.... I find that it makes me feel less deprived and makes it easier for me to really stick to what I need to do during the week and other times. I mean I don't gorge and I don't generally do desert but if I want a really scrumptious burrito with the fixin's then I will have it... or if we go to olive garden I will have bread sticks with dipping sauce.... I just will enjoy the time and move on.....

My biggest issue is lunches on tuesday and thursday and breakfast.... I just tend to leave the house with no food.... and then I am teaching all day... and by the time I get home I am starving... I mean I have lots of points/calories that I can use but thats not really good....

gotta work on that....

hope you are all doing well....

oh yeah .... I took a new picture of my kids......

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c74/Milbrose/ALLSEVEN.jpg

lovnmom
09-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Your kids are gorgeous, but where do the extra 8PAWS come from???

LetsGoMets
09-17-2008, 01:06 PM
36paws, what a GREAT picture!! It just made my day - how'd you get them to sit all lined up like that?? How marvelous. Now, what are their names?

All's better on this end. I had a successful weekend, food-wise. Saturday was my cousin's daugher's bat mitzvah, and the reception after the service was held at the Donald Trump National Golf Course. What a stunning place! Just gorgeous - the clubhouse is high up on a hill and overlooks the golf course. In another few weeks, as the leaves really turn, it's going to be an even more stunning vista. Anyway, needless to say, there was a TON of food available - mountains of crab legs, shrimp, an entire team of guys preparing sushi, another team of guys preparing pasta of every shape and size, and many more appetizers. But for some reason, I just didn't have much...about 4 shrimp, a small scoop of penne a la vodka, and a glass of Chardonnay. And for dinner - they served a very nice tomato salad to start with - then a choice of chicken or steak. I chose the steak which was fantastic and lean - didn't eat any of the potatoes that came with it, but opted for the asparagus, and just drank a diet soda. Seeing as dinner wasn't served til 10:30 p.m., I actually ended up leaving before dessert was served (big cupcakes for each guest, from what I'm told), since I had an hour's drive ahead of me. So...all in all, I think I did really well.

I'm back to exercising, too. It's taken a few weeks, but I think we're finally settling into the back to school groove, and that helps. I don't feel as if we're running around like chickens w/o heads, as we were for the past month or so.

I've started doing my fall clothing shopping - I LOOOOVE to shop!!! - and that's motivated me to stay on the straight and narrow. If I can't fit into all the gorgeous stuff in the stores, well, that does me no good!! So I'm feeling a lot more positive than I have in a long time.

Shy Moment
09-17-2008, 01:31 PM
silly
There are always expenses and those expenses put added stress on to people that already have enough stress in their life. Thanks to people like you who help out with fund raisers and Charity drives people get some of the help they need. Just dust yourself off about the little eating binge. We all have them from time to time. We can only go forward.

Pretty dogs.

Letsgo
Clothes shopping can be a real good reason to stay on plan

I have done pretty good. Have lost two pounds in the last week. Hopefully this will keep up lol.

lovn
There are lots of men out there for her to date lol. Why does she have to date Eddie Haskel lol. It is very scary and not funny at all. Last night she asked if she could go over to his parents house with a group of friends. The parents wont be home until 10 and she will get there at 8 right after work. Now remember, she is going to be 18 on the first so there is very little I can do about where she goes once she leaves this house so I am trying to let her be an an adult a bit and make some of her own decisions. I said this is fine make sure you are home by curfew which is 11. She said he asked her if it were a trap and was she was going to get into trouble. There is something not right about this young man. This is the same young man that, when I caught her on the phone with him a couple of years ago and she wasn't allowed to even be talking to him. Told me If I would just let her do what she wanted she wouldn't be sneaking around to talk to him. THOSE WERE HIS EXACT WORDS. Ummmmmm that is my job to not let her do what she wants. Do you see the way this young man thinks. He is a very scary person. He was 18 at the time, not a child at all. I thought maybe it was just me. Maybe I saw things in him that really weren't there. I talked to a few people in the church and they all said the same thing. They wouldn't want their daughters anywhere near him. He seems very nice and very polite and yet... Any young man that would talk to a girls mother the way he does and say some of the things he says isn't right in the head lol. Even the minister took him aside and told him he was totally wrong and he needed to get some counseling because he thinks he is always right when he is totally wrong lol.

Slashnl
09-17-2008, 03:28 PM
I've been around, just lurking for the most part. I don't know a lot except what my kids are doing. I am not doing great with being on plan, so I don't have much to add to the thread.

Glad everyone is doing well.

Shy Moment
09-17-2008, 04:43 PM
slash
Sorry to hear things aren't going well. How are the kids doing?

36Paws
09-17-2008, 05:53 PM
36paws, what a GREAT picture!! It just made my day - how'd you get them to sit all lined up like that?? How marvelous. Now, what are their names?

From L-R

Meir - Milbrose Duck n Run
Emmett - Milbrose Storming Castle Craig
Connor - Ch. Mirasols Perfect Alibi CD
Meghan - Am. Can. Ch. Maplemanse Dealt a Queen CD
Kaelyn - Ch. Shaynedoro's Pearls n Leashes
Cuinn - Am. Can. Ch. Wabana's American Spirit
Shalva - Ch. Milbrose's Milk and Honey

oh and the extra 8 paws

2 ragdoll cats.....

http://www.milbroseretrievers.com/the_ca35.jpg

http://www.milbroseretrievers.com/the_ca24.jpg

oh yeah and one set of Talons....

http://www.milbroseretrievers.com/santabhak.JPG

Debala
09-17-2008, 06:02 PM
OMG, your babies are just way too cute!

WardHog
09-17-2008, 06:25 PM
36 - so cute!

Rennie, I hope your daughter goes off to college far away from Eddie. That situation doesn't sound good at all.

lovnmom
09-18-2008, 07:43 AM
Rennie, If my calculations are correct your "Eddie" was 18 and sniffing around a 16 y/o two years ago. Not a good thing at all. There are a few boys in my daughter's school like that. Srs who are down in the Jr High end..I always just told my daughter if those boys are sniffing around girls so much younger than themselves it must mean the girls their own age won't have anything to do with them ie. they're losers honey don't let them fool ya..Good luck holding on until she sees the light.

Diane, I am so missing you. Tell us about your kid's games and your animals etc...My exercise is virtually out the door and my eating habits have been awful, but I still want to hear about all my friends here at 3FC. We'll get on the wagon together. Maybe after FB season hey!!!

LetsGoMets
09-18-2008, 08:43 AM
36paws, the picture of your bird with the Christmas hat is hilarious. And your cats are gorgeous as well - what eyes!

Slashnl
09-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Ok, fine. I'll let you in on the excitement.

My daughter is in the middle of her volleyball season. She's been playing so well this year, I'm very pleased. I had a friend's older daughter work with her this summer and it seems to have really paid off. As a team, they aren't doing great, but they have won a few games. She gets frustrated when they lose, but she has to learn to deal with that. School is going well for her this year, so that's good. I still keep on her daily, but she seems to have found her groove.

My son's football team is unbelievably good. They have been winning everything. The closest game they played was 30-14. All of the rest were blowouts. The one last weekend was against the other undefeated team and we won 55-0. I'm totally pleased with the coaches and the other boys on the team. This has been an amazing thing to watch as they've transformed into such a strong group. My son doesn't play as much as he would like to, but he's learning a lot from the older boys and getting so strong and fit. He's lost a lot of weight (a good thing) and he is doing well in school too. He was trying to get straight A's, but a couple have slipped to B's. I'm ok with that!

As for me, I am just floundering in my weight loss. I always hear how you need to make time for yourself and while I believe that, I just don't do it very well. My husband has his own business, so he is gone a lot. Not his fault, but he's not a lot of help. The sports seasons have really taken my time this year. Football, in particular, is demanding with many practices through the week. Volleyball has practice right after school, so that works for me, but the games are all over our valley, usually with start times between 3:30 and 5:30. Fortunately, I can take off from work, but that is tough to do sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I love the sports. I just wish the other stuff would go away... making dinner, cleaning the house, going to work... ha!

I think that many of you can understand this stuff, because you're there too. I know that I need to find some other time to get in more exercise, but my motivation (and my mojo) are low. I'm not unhappy or depressed, just busy and tired!

36Paws: Thanks for the photos. They are a day brightener! I have some talons and paws, too. (fins, webbed feet, and hooves as well) Fun to see their cute little faces.

Lovn: How much longer is your season? We have 3 more regular season games (3 more Saturdays) and then the playoffs begin. The "superbowl" is on October 22nd. But, then he moves on to basketball. My daughter finishes up volleyball by the 4th of October.

Rennie: I feel your pain on the dating situation. I think you need to offer her advice when you can, but I sometimes think that they have to figure it out for themselves, too. Sometimes when Mom is pushing too hard for something, they will push the other way! Hang in there. You've raised her right and she'll come to her senses! --If it could just be someone other than Eddie Haskell!! -- ha.

LetsGo: Have fun shopping!

Sillycat: How was dancing?

Have a good week everyone.

LetsGoMets
09-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi everyone, good morning. Another week is just about in the books. The weather here in the Nutmeg state this morning is gorgeous - crisp and clear with a bit of a chill in the air. LOVE IT! Although it's supposed to warm up again over the weekend, but I am enjoying the coolness while I can.

Diane - I love reading your posts. They're so...normal, for lack of a better word! I really admire how involved you are in your kids' activities, and how proud you are of them. It's very inspiring. And yes, you're right...many of us here are struggling with the same obligations - home/kids/work/older parents/you name it. It's really hard sometimes to carve out even 30 minutes to do something on our own - whether it's exercising or anything else. Heaven forbid you want to sit down occasionally and skim through a magazine, pay a bill, return a phone call, or just sweep the floor. *Sigh* Anyway, having just come out of a slump myself, I hear ya! Hang in there.

OK, I need to lose just ONE POUND to get out of the 190's, where I have been for almost a flipping year. ONE POUND. 16 ounces! If I can't do that in the course of the next few days, I'll be pretty peeved. So even though weekends are the hardest for me, I am determined to see an 8 after the 1 the next time I weigh myself!!!!

Clydegirl
09-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Morning girls.

I just dropped my kitten off at the vets. She's having the works today. Spay, microchip, shots and pedicure. They asked me if I wanted pain meds for her at home. Absolutely. I wouldn't have that done without something for the pain. Poor thing she was not happy. One of the cats in the vet's office is very taken with her and she wanted nothing to do with him. He was hanging around while I was waiting and she was hissing at him. I will pick her up at 5 o'clock.

I weighed in yesterday and gained that pound back that I keep losing :dizzy: Andrea I wish you luck, get into the 180's. I just want to get down to 190 at the moment.

Enjoy the day. I love this weather at the moment high 70's, cool nights. Can't beat it.

Slashnl
09-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Letsgo: Hey, I'll take normal. Normal is good. Good luck to you in getting to the 180s. That's awesome!

Clyde: Poor kitty. But, she'll be better when she comes out of it.

Well, the volleyball game wasn't too good yesterday. They just seemed out of their zone. It happens. They have three games next week, so maybe they can bounce back. Then, the playoffs start the following week.

Looking forward to the football game tomorrow. This is a big rival of ours, so I'm hoping we win. I was so insanely proud of my son last night. He LOVES football, but HATES conditioning. Every so often they do this one conditioning drill where they run from sideline to sideline, kind of snaking up the field to the 50 yard line. It's about 10 times back and forth. Then, they come back. Brutal. He wasn't fast, but he didn't stop last night. He is getting so fit now. Sweet baby boy!

sillycat4
09-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Just checking in on a Saturday - well it's still barely morning.

Clyde - how is kitty?? I'm sure that now it's a day behind her and she's on the mend.

36paws - wow is all i can say - i can barely keep up with my 4 cats.

Just finished Saturday run - even in the rain it felt good to get out there.

Gotta get in the shower and set out the food for the gal coming to watch my kitties - heading to the city tonight for phantom of the opera and dinner.

Diane - sounds like the volleyball game coulda gone better - next one will - have fun at the football game.

C.

Slashnl
09-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Came to this thread and all I found was the sound of crickets.... Where is everyone?

Had a good weekend. The football game was very good, they won 34-0. We only have 2 more games and then they go into the playoffs. I hope they can keep them motivated. The last two teams that we play haven't had great seasons, but they need to keep up their hard work or they'll lose their edge.

My daughter was MOODY this weekend. Sometimes she can be such a pain. I try to be patient and I was good at that this weekend. She was so touchy, you didn't even want to look at her because it might be the wrong thing to do! But, 14 is tough, as I recall.

ToniLight
09-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Diane,
My daughters (3) have all been moody when they were 14, they get over it and some even admit to being pills at that time of their life! Mine are all gone now, my youngest daughter just entered her first year of college. She was calling every day, now she is down to a few times a week. Last time she called was to have me make her some chocolate chip cookies and send them to her. I gotta mail them off this morning. Thank God, I don't want to have them in the house for me to think about.

Clydegirl
09-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Morning girls.

I haven't been posting much because I'm not eating very well at the moment :(

My kitten got on fine at the vet's. She was not happy when I picked her up on Friday night. However once she got home she got comfy and slept.

Toni chocolate chip cookies sound good at the minute.

Diane I can relate to moody teenagers having 3 girls.

My youngest is off school today she was throwing up during the night, so I kept her off just in case. She is much better now.

Enjoy the day.

LetsGoMets
09-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Happy First Day of Autumn to everyone. This is my favorite season of the year...even though it means winter is next, but that's OK, too. Just when I've had it up to here with one season, a new one starts. Works out just fine.

My son's doing fall Little League again this year. It's much more informal than spring ball. There are fewer teams and no playoffs - it's really an instructional league, to the point that some coaches don't even keep score during the games (although you can be sure each kid knows EXACTLY what's going on!). Anyway, DS had two games this past weekend. He pitched in the second game for two innings (that's the max for fall ball) and did pretty well - threw a good amount of strikes. Unfortunately, the fielding behind him was HORRIBLE (sorry to say). His team lost both games, but on a personal level, he did nicely.

Beyond that...a friend of mine's getting married this weekend. A small affair, just about 50 people. It will be held at a nice restaurant. They're in their 40's and it's the groom's 3rd marriage, so they're not doing the whole big "thing." I'm really looking forward to it. Amazingly, my friend planned the whole thing in about 4 weeks - got a DJ, photographer, florist, cake, dress - you name it. She even did the invitations herself and they came out great. I give her a lot of credit. I'll be going stag, as my husband will be at the last Mets game of the regular season with DS, but that's fine.

Weight-wise, just hanging in. Trying like MAD to lose one lousy pound so that I can be in the 180's.

I think I wasn't so nice either at age 14, at least not to my mom.

[Edited to add: down a half pound Tuesday morning...8 ounces to go to officially get into the 180's.]

dolphinlvr
09-23-2008, 11:03 AM
I tried to send a message yesterday from my brothers dinosour computer but i don't think it went through. I am in Florida on vacation visiting my family. Thank God for the beach and my husband cause I would not survive. One of my brothers and my mom are not talking right now so I have to split my time with them which I hate. There is a lot of drama going on but we decided not to let it get to us. But it is getting to me. I have not really been following my diet and been drinking alot...to keep me sane. I don't have a scale to weigh myself but I believe I have gained a couple pounds. I will deal with that when I get home. I guess I just need to vent a little. Three days before we were leaving from vacation, my sister informs me that my older brother and his wife were getting evicted and begged mom to take them in for a couple of months, which she did and now there is no room for us to stay. My other brother lives in a 1 bedroom trailer with a closed in porch so we are staying with him on an airbed. Needless to say my husband and I are not sleeping well and my back is killing me and I am trying to not be upset at my mom for it. She kept calling and asking when we were comin out and I finally came up with enough money for the tickets, rental car, etc. but we did not have money for a hotel and she knew this. Need some perspective here and any advice to help me get through this.

suenami
09-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi Karen and all...we just moved to the midwest so I have not been posting a whole lot. We are sort of settled in --whew! Never want to do that again! The good news is, I actually managed to stay on points (WW) the whole time except one night when we had to order pizza 'cause all our dishes were packed. I could not resist and just went for it. Who knew that I could eat half a large pizza from Domino's and still want more? But that's the first/only time I've cheated in over a month! So when we got to the new place and got the scale unpacked, I was frightened but decided to bite the bullet. I had lost a pound! Couldn't believe it. My treadmill isn't set up yet so I'm not exercising unless you count unpacking boxes (which I do, hah).

The vacation sounds nice Karen, except for the family members who are not speaking to each other :P DH's extended family is so totally screwed up and we finally had no choice but to get a permanent RO against his parents so I'm no help really.

Hope everyone is having a good mid-week. We woke up to storms but it is just breezy right now.

Hattie22
09-24-2008, 05:28 PM
I love autumn. It is such a chance for renewal and that is what we are all trying to do with our lives. Getting rid of the old (fat) and preparing for the new (skinny..or less fat). Just think of how the leaves go out with spectacular color. We can do the same with the fat. Feel good and radiate spectacular color as we are renewing ourselves.

Dolphinlvr: Family... I totally understand your frustration! I am sure you know that your Mom is trying to care for all her chicks in some way. She probably doesn't know how to say no to them. At the same time..she probably didn't want you to cancel because then she would miss out on seeing you. Or she might have thought that she would hurt you if she told you not to come now. After saying all that...I can totally feel your pain.:?: Especially the back pain!! Try to find time for yourself and find a peaceful place to go have a picnic (healthy) with your DH. That might help. :smug:

mum24
09-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Hi, my name is Lori, I am almost 43, and I would love to join this group! I am in the middle of a divorce (cheating husband), and I have four kids, two grandkids (3 and 6 weeks), and I want to continue losing weight, and feeling better.

Hope you don't mind if I join in!

Lori:)

Clydegirl
09-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Welcome Lori. We love new people joining in the chat.

I'm really busy at the minute and haven't had time to post much. I weighed in today and was down 2 lbs. No idea how that happened.

Got to go. Have a good day.

LetsGoMets
09-26-2008, 08:56 AM
It's been awfully quiet around here lately! Guess everyone's busy, busy, busy.

OK, I've made it into the 180's by a mere 8 ounces. Haven't seen the 180's in almost a year, so this feels gigantic to me. I have to see my cardiologist again in early December and I just want to have a smaller weight number to show him...anything! The next few weeks will be challenging - I have a wedding this Sunday, and next weekend, we're going to Ann Arbor for Homecoming (me- U of M, Class of '84). At work as well - lots of lunches coming up (birthdays, to welcome some new employees, etc.). So I'll have my work cut out for me.

Raining horribly here today in the Nutmeg State.

WardHog
09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
I read every day - just don't have much to say!

We're going on vacation next week, one last beach visit to end the summer. I am driving myself crazy trying to plan, organize, do laundry and get packed. It will be nice when we get there, and I am sure to overeat (and drink). There is a small exercise room in the clubhouse where we're going, right next to where they keep the 24/7 supply of Otis Spunk-whatever cookies. I have no control around those things.

Mets, do you think your team will get the wild card? My husband is glued to the computer every night. (Mets games usually aren't on TV here.) :lol:

Hattie22
09-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Mets : Congrats on breaking 180!!!:carrot:
Just remember to celebrate yourself breaking 180. That is awesome. I find that if I plan snacks and lunches that helps a lot. Find a way to put a prize for yourself in your lunch bag for those days that are going to be hard at work. A note congratulating yourself, a flower, anything that will give you a smile and not make you feel that you are left out by not eating bday cake or food that will make you break 180 in the wrong direction. I think we have to find ways to take our minds off of food and replace it with good feelings towards ourselves.

Clydegirl
09-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Well done Mets on getting under 180.

Now please win the wild card :)

LetsGoMets
09-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the congratulatory words, they are much appreciated. And oh yes, I promptly rewarded myself by buying a new Coach bag that I'd been eyeing for a month or so (it's a gorgeous chocolate brown and I love it so much I'd marry it if I could).

Like I said, though, I've got an uphill road ahead in the next week or so but I am determined to make it through by making smart choices, thinking about my new bag, and how awesome it is to a number in the 180's on the scale.

Now as for the Mets...this is coming down to the wire. What in insane roller coaster ride this season has been. They won today but that's just not enough...we need some "help." My husband and son will be at tomorrow's game...while it's the last regular season game ever at Shea, it could also be the last game, period, if things don't go our way. After the epic collapse on the last day of the season last year, I'm not sure we can go through it again. Honestly, it has been beyond stressful!!

Slashnl
09-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Way to go, Mets! You've done very well. We're all proud of you! I'm not much into bags or purses (I just have one), but it is so great to have something like that to give yourself a treat! Well deserved.

I think that this thread is getting slow because there are a lot of us that aren't doing all that great with weight loss. We're busy, putting ourselves last, and not feeling that we have much to add to a weight loss support thread. Well, maybe that's just me. Personally, though, I'd like to give a shout out to everyone who is struggling: Just come chat. No one is judging us but ourselves. Let's just bring a little levity to the situation and talk about other things and just have some fun. I'm going to try!!

It's been busy for me with all of the sports going on. My son had a football game yesterday and they won 72-6. I felt sorry for the other team, but they kept pushing on, so I admired that. Our only mercy rule is to keep the clock running. All of our players got in the game and they all played well. The other team kept fumbling, so that really gave us the edge. We have one more game next week and then we head into the playoffs. Unfortunately, the team next week is not very good either, but I'm sure they'll want to come out swinging, so I hope it is a good, competitive game.

Volleyball for my daughter ends next week. They have one more regular season game and then head into the playoffs. They aren't as good, winning only one game so far. But, they're giving it their best! She gets discouraged, but realizes that they are out there having fun and she's improving her game. Maybe next year. It's kind of funny that my son's football team last year won only one game all season. It can change year to year.

The weather here has been great. It is still like summer, but without the crazy high heat. I was stupid yesterday and didn't wear sunscreen and got a nice sunburn. (can you say "nice" and "sunburn" together?) But, stupidity should be painful. :)

Anyway, that's about it for me. Gotta run do some laundry and other fun things like that! Hope everyone accepts my invitation to come back and just chat! I'm missing hearing from all of you!!!

36Paws
09-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Congrats mets
I am sure the coach bag is lovely and really would probably be a lot less headaches than a husband .... so worthy of consideration

as for me I am been in a holding pattern for a week or two.... so thats ok... getting it together today and will be back on a downard trend... between company last week, the golden national this week.. dinner wiht friends last night... I have been eating out alot

what I really want to know is how many calories does a person burn bathing and trimming 7 retrievers.... I did the pup we showed last week on Wednesday and then today I have bathed 6 so far... one more to go this afternoon and am madly trimming.... two have been trimmed and am taking a break from putting number 3... Cuinn... up on the table.... I feel like i Have so much to do....

then spent the morning thinking of litter themes for the upcoming pups.... and a pup from my last litter apparently ate a sock this weekend and had emergency surgery yesterday.... so I have to call them....

I havent eaten yet today so that is not good but I really just want more coffee at this point...
so there ya have it
thats my life.....

s

Shy Moment
09-28-2008, 01:29 PM
For those of you who have wondered where I have been, I DO NOT want to hear you all needed the break :). We had a death in the family and of course I was elected to get everyone into town from out of state and get the hotel reservations and so forth for 50 people. I wasn't even asked lol his mother just said, " Ask Rennie what needs to be done, lol "Then of course was the coordination of getting people from airports to hotels and to the banquet hall and so forth and so on. Three days of talking with everyone all over the country ( very hard since I am painfully shy off the net ) that I don't even know ( his family ) and then trying to get people who live in the state to pitch in and help get people where they needed to be has really taken its tole on me. Everything came off very well and we had over 100 people there. I was really grateful that people really pitched in when they saw I wasn't feeling well so I wasn't stuck doing everything for the three days when it came to keeping the food dishes full and everyone where they needed to be when they needed to be there. Really have no idea why everyone asks me everything lol. This family has big doos about everything that happens in the family one would think they could do all this without much thought lol. I of course did not eat on plan but am happy that when I weighted myself this morning I didn't gain any weight. No gain is a loss right lol. I have been very sick again. This bronchitis is really getting me down. I go back to the doc tomorrow. No exercise of course, just walking up or down a flight of stairs makes me have to sit for 20 min to catch my breath. This of course will pass and I will be right as rain. I just with the sun would hurry and come out and it would stop being partly cloudy lol.

You have beautiful pets. I love labs. When we had to have Pepper put down a few months ago I thought I would be happy with having Bella my beautiful ****tze. Not so lol we are going to have to get another lab.

Slash
You have been very busy. I just keep going up and down with the weight loss because of all the meads I have been on again. At least I have taken off a couple of the pounds I put back on and haven't regained them lol.

Letsgo
Always a nice thing to reward our selfs. We didn't gain the weight in a day and we aren't going to lose it in a day. We use to reward our selfs with food. Now we just reward our selfs in a different way.

Hattie
I have always loved Autumn and winter. Things rest and change. Everything gets ready for a new year and a new start. You are right, just like us. All of us are on a journey to a new, better us.

Mum
Everyone is welcome here. Sounds like you are getting rid of more than just weight. Sometimes husbands are baggage that needs to be gotten rid of too. You stick around and we will sure try to give you all the encouragement you could ever need.

suenami
Sounds like you have been real busy and have done great on your eating. Congrats on the loss.

dolph
Isn't that how it always goes. Things are planned and at the last min something happens. Sounds like there is a lot going on in your family and all you can do is make the best of it and enjoy the time you can with the people you don't get to see often. HEY we sleep on air mattresses all summer long while we camp. That isn't so bad lol. Just think of it as a camping trip :). I don't know why everyone things everyone else is made of money. Heck, my mother has wanted me to fly across the country to see her for years. I told her when she can come up with all the money it would take I would think about it. Think about your situation like this. A. The problems they are having are NOT your problem. Don't let them make them your problems. B. You don't get to see these people very often, enjoy what time you can have with them. C. You might be uncomfortable but that isn't going to last for long. You are going to make a few nice memories to take home with you. D. Doesn't sound like there was much that could be done about the living situation so you really just have to make the best of it and be glad you aren't the one having a bunch of people come live with you :)

Clyde
Hope the little one is better. My daughter will turn 18 in a few days. Oh do I understand moody teens lol.

Toni
They always call don't they lol. My children's older sister still calls me for advice from time to time and she is only a few years younger than I am lol.

Hattie22
09-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Letsgomets
I am thinking about a new coach bag also. I am saving money and/or thinking of it for a bday present.

For rewards...right now I am buying a bead for every five pounds I lose. This bead goes on a leather bracelet so that I see it every time my hand goes to my mouth.

I have three right now and can't wait for the fourth! Just two lbs away.

This weekend I went to a "Texas Roadhouse" for dinner. Hard to choose good food there. My friends ordered the onion thing and I took 6 onions strips. I ate pretty good otherwise. It was good but I feel like I had about three cheesecakes. Today I just got right back to "clean" eating and hope that those six fried onion strips didn't hurt me too much.

Hattie22
09-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah!!! I finally got to use my signature!! I'm sorry but small things make me happy!

Hattie22
09-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Okay...Call me a little paranoid, but I was the last one to post something and that was two days ago. Where did everyone go? Do we continue chatting on the September chatter or does someone start a new thread?

Come on chicks...don't leave me here to Chat to myself! :gossip:

Clydegirl
10-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Sorry Hattie I've been very busy and not posting much.

We can start a new thread tomorrow for October.

Just got done watching Biggest Loser. So sad when Jerry went home. What a wonderful father. He looks so good now.

36Paws
10-01-2008, 08:51 AM
OK I have spent the past few days getting health clearances for a friends dog so she can do a golden retriever breeding and then I teach all day tuesday and thursday and my car died in the morning.... now i am shopping for a car.... I hate car shopping. I want a hatchback (good with seven dogs) something small and good gas mileage because in this rural state you have to drive everywhere..... the car is fixed but it has 220K on it so its time to replace it..... I love hte Honda fit but I am just not sure .....

My scale died yesterday so my mission today is to go and buy a new scale.... not sure what..... I asked for recommendations in the general thread but didn't get any responses.

Right now the dogs are outside and are having a fit because they have not eaten yet.... (they have a terrible mother) so I am off to do that....

Shy - they are actually Flat Coated Retrievers and the blondes of course are Goldens..... Labs are nice dogs.... the flat coats are higher energy and not as bulky.... they are also a good deal smarter (than the labs or my goldens) and a bit less like a bull in a china shop..... they are great dogs but high energy and definitely not the breed for everyone.....

so anyway that is my saga for the time being

going to get my nails done and buy a scale then off to class this afternoon
s

Clydegirl
10-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Morning 36paws.

A new scale can be scary! Will it weigh me heavier :( or lighter than my old one :) I know weight watchers has a nice one.

I'm going to start a new thread for October.