Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #76  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Julie, sounds like you need a Yay about the kitty! Sounds like it was meant to be.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #77  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

luvin
Maybe you can spread out what you are eating more. Make what you eat several little meals. Might help with the wanting to eat all the time a bit. Oh we are getting rain here too. Rain, rain, rain. Going to be down poring for the net 3 days I guess. No camping this weekend. How sweet about the kitten. Nice that the little girl found a great home.

Sue
lol didn't say I didn't think about food sometimes just that with everything on my lap and all around me I don't have anywhere to put food lol.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #78  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Default Sad week for me

Just found out that a dear friend who started her breast cancer battle at the same time as me passed away. She had been fighting a recurrence since March 2006 and lost the battle - she fought hard though - her poor body just not up to it - she did not reach her 40th birthday and is survived by 2 young children.

In addition, my mom wants to put my Dad's ashes now into a funeral home, which I suppose is her right, just makes my sister and I sad - but I think we will have a memorial just the 3 of us and do this with mom. He has been gone 3 years now but there are times it feels like yesterday. Now is one of those times.

Anyway - enough of my pitty party - neither Robyn or my Dad would want me sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

Lovin2lose - I think that Shy might have a point. Spread the points out during the day and load up with low point high fiber & protien foods - those stay with you longer than carbs & the like.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend - C.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #79  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Sillycat4

to you.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:45 PM   #80  
Rennie

silly
I am sorry to hear of your loss. It is very hard to lose tose close to us. Prayers are out for you that things in your life will turn out great.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #81  

Height: 5' 7"

sillycat, I'm very sorry for your loss.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #82  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm sorry, sillycat.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #83  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Default Hi Ladies

Hi Ladies,
I am a returning member to 3FC's but it's been years. I have decided that I will become 100% involved in my personal weight loss journey and hold myself accountable.

I'm Paula. I'm a 46 y'old work at home mother of 2 boys 9 & 12. My wonderful husband of 13 years supports me 100% but loves to bring candy and icecream home for him and the boys. I'm also a self professed popcorn junkie.

I have joined the Biggest Loser Challenge and am on the Blue Team.

I look forward to sharing my journey with everyone!

Old 09-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #84  

Default Thanks you guys

I'm having a better day today - I'll be helping Robyn's sister do some fundraising for the local (to london ontario) charity she is putting together for cancer patients / survivors - it's going to be a fund that helps people with medical and other expenses while going through treatment. Seems odd - but yes even though there is national healthcare in Canada there are a lot of additional expenses that people incurr especially when confronted with a serious illness.

You guys are the best support group.

((hugs))

and Thanks again.

Celia
Old 09-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #85  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

sillycat
BIG HUGS!
Old 09-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #86  
Rennie

sara
Hello
You will find a lot of people here to chat with, share with and get encouragement from. You are more than welcome to join all of us. I am on the red team
Old 09-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #87  

Default Sara - Welcome!

Shy / Sara - what's the biggest loser challenge? Other than the TV show..

I guess I don't qualify having reached my goal - but my new goal is to make it through the holiday season without getting over my goal weight - more than a 3 to 4 pound monthly fluctuation..

So we'll just have to see how that goes..
Old 09-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #88  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls. I have not posted in a few days. I always check in though and read what everyone has been up to.

Sillycat so sorry to hear about your friend 3 years is not such a long time. My dad also passed away 3 years ago and there are times it feels like yesterday.

Ike came through this morning and brought a lot of rain and wind. He's gone now and the air feels so clear and fresh.

Sillycat you can sign up for the biggest loser challenge on that part of the forum. You are allocated a team like on the show and weigh in each week.

Speaking of which the show starts on Tuesday. Looking forward to it as they are doing teams again.

I need to go do some cleaning.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #89  
Rennie

silly
It is a 13 week challenge they have here on the site. You have to sign up by a certain date but you can sure join the next one. We support each other. Do weekly weigh in's and chat each day about how things are going. I don't watch the show but it is fun to get involved with a group of people that are all trying to turn their body's into the body's they want in a healthy manner. You are doing great.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Letsgo, Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's not easy being the mom. I fully understand why some people take the easy way out and be their child's friend instead!

Rennie, Good luck with DD's boyfriend. The whole dating scares the heck out of me. I don't want to see my strong girl go "all stupid." The rug is gorgeous!!

Julie, TOM is the worst time. My only advice is Pamprin and keep moving. The more active I stay the less awful I feel and the less time I have to eat things I shouldn't be. Herbal tea helps too..it'll make you pee, pee, pee : Good luck!

sillycat, I'm sorry to hear of your loss and the grief you are still going through after losing your father. I will keep you, your family and Robyn's family in my prayers.

sarati, Welcome back to 3FC. Good luck to you on your journey.

Clyde, I rearranged my schedule so I can watch the premier tonight. I so love TBL. If you want to take a pre-peak here's a YouTube short http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwvW_yeOBqs

All's been good here. My exercise is way short for the month but our soccer season is off and running. My girlfriend and I took over 400 pictures for the league on Sat. I got 8 more boys signed up for Cub Scouts last night. My 1st 2 confirmation classes have been successful. DS is rockin' at FB. They've had 3 games and he's had 2 TDs, a sack, and blocked a punt. He's also our kicker and is doing terrific and rushing yards are stacking up. All pretty cool stuff when you're 13 and full of testosterone..DD is also having a blast playing VB...She had a "Super 5" last night..5 aced serves in a row..since serving can be difficult at this age (11) a player is only allowed 5 good serves in a row and then the team must rotate thus the name "Super 5" Those may not be good enough reasons to justify less exercise, but those are the ones I'm using!!

Missing you Diane, Tech, Hopeful etc...

Hope everyone's had an awesome Tuesday!

Last edited by lovnmom; 09-16-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Closed Thread