Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #46  
47er

S/C/G: 215/191/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Monday chickies

Okay so I am happy to say I lost a pound over the weekend so maybe my stall is gone. Suenami it's good to hear I wasn't alone on this. It sound weird but I do better on the weekends than I do during the week. I eat three or 4 meals and walk in the morning.

Shy:
When I am at work it's hard to to do 6 meals. It's hard enough to get lunch in at a normal time with my job. I try to do it on the weekend but during the week sometimes I am just not hungry. I have to force myself to eat. I used not to eat breakfast but I make sure I do that now. I wish I could exercise before each meal but again my work does not allow the time to do that. Maybe though I can try that on the weekend. Thanks for the advice.

Velv
May I ask why you don't take a lunch? You need to eat right? Or do you do like me sometimes and eat at your desk. I make myself get away from my desk to eat at least 3 times a week now. Part of this process is taking care of YOU and YOUR needs so force yourself to take a lunch and a short walk. Once you get into the routine, you will look forward to it. it's also good for releiving stress from work. Trust me I know. My job can be very stressful at times and sometimes just getting a way from my desk for 15-20 min or longer if I can relieves it. You can this Velv

Slashnl
Hope you found a nice dress for your daughter!

sillycat4
How was your weekend in the suite? I am so jealous.

This is for all you chickies
Old 09-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Diane, Sounds like you had a great weekend. Tonight for us is volleyball, football, and soccer practice...busy and me with nothing in the crock pot!!

Karen, Glad you're past your plateau. Yippee! That's the main reason I do maintenance from time to time. My body will get stuck, I think because it gets tricked into thinking I'm starving, so when I up the calories my metabolism jump starts as well and then bing a loss comes easy when I go back down in claories. It works for me. As for the whole 6 meals a day...that's not for me...I usually eat 3 squares and one small snack in the evening. I break all the rules I guess, but I need to use my own rules when it comes to weightloss, because hey, that's what works for me. You look like you're getting your own rules figured out too. WTG!

Hope everyone's had a great Monday!

Last edited by lovnmom; 09-08-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #48  

Last night was crazy. I felt sorry for my little peanut. Volleyball went from after school until 5pm and then soccer was from 6-7:30pm. So I took her and her best friend sandwiches and pineapple and they just ate at school until it was time for soccer. Then when she got home she had more than an hour's worth of homework too. She got upset with her daddy when he said schoolwork at the table not infront of the tv, but when I suggested dropping a sport to make life easier all whining came to an end and all the work was done at the table. Success for one night!
I got in a 4 mile walk bright and early. It's running in the mid 40's in the morning so I'm tryingto take advantage of the cooler weather.
Hope you all have an awesome OP day!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #49  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Lovn: What doesn't kill them will make them stronger, right? ha! I don't know how you handle more than one sport per kid. That would be really tough. Right now with both kids having one sport, I'm pulling out my hair. So, I admire your strength! I think that as long as the grades stay where they should be, I'm ok with whatever activity they want to do.

My daughter had "duct tape" day today. Homecoming is this weekend, so the schools are having a spirit week. She went to school with duct tape on her jeans and shirt. Funny stuff!

Better go... I'm at work right now.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #50  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I have been very absent from the 40's chatter of late and I'm not sure why. Well, that's not true. The past couple of weeks have been rather hectic, in some good ways and some so-so ways.

On the good side, DS is doing pretty well with the transition to middle school. I went to Open House last week and was very impressed with his teachers. They are lively, intelligent, motivated, and really into their work and the kids. Plus, the school is beautiful...relatively new and state of the art. It was great to see that after only 2 weeks, so many people are so invested in my son, and doing all they can to help him succeed. And for a challenged, special needs child, what more could I ask for?

On the somewhat negative side, my parents stayed with us over Labor day weekend. I do not have a good relationship with my mother. To be blunt, I don't like her or the person that she is. I don't like being around her and try to limit my interaction as much as I can without causing a total civil war within our family. Anyway, as usual, she tried to make me feel bad about my weight and it worked. That, in turn, made me ticked off at myself because I should know better than to let her get to me! Sometimes I can successfully block her out but not always. I'm still stewing about it all this time after the fact and that's just not productive.

I haven't been able to exercise much either, for a variety of reasons I won't bore anyone with. That certainly hasn't helped either.

This weekend is my cousin's daughter's bat mitzvah. It's a HUGE family event, and I am already dreading it. I truly, truly thought I'd look better by this point and truth be told, I am embarrassed. I did get myself a pretty new outfit but...I'll be the fattest family member there.

Thus, I feel very low these days and although I've been lurking here and reading the posts, I kinda feel like I didn't deserve to "say" anything. I have no victories to report!

Sorry to be such a wet blanket. I'll be more positive next time, I swear!!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #51  

Diane, Oh I wish I had saved an e-mail I received not long ago. I would have pm'd it to you....it was something like "A Fashionable Use for Colored Duct Tape" and the picture was a guy squatted down and a huge piece of color coordinated duct tape covering his plumbers crack. Ha ha funny stuff!!! Luckily soccer only lasts 6 weeks with minimal practices.

LetsGoMets, #1 I have the same type of relationship with my mother and I avoid her whenever I can, but am very civil and do what a "good" daughter is to do most of the time ...I just usually end up drinking a lot of wine. Starting 3 fourths of the way through her visit and ending an hour or so after she's left!!! She's not allowed at my children's sporting events, because no one needs to hear that much negativity...my kids could be all stars on tv and she'd see how some other player was better etc.....#2 I don't think 3FC was set up so people could just report their success!!!! I think we're all signed on to help each other through the rough spots. That said, you are still in the game. You haven't thrown in the weightloss towel have you? Well then, you are doing great. This weekend you put on that pretty new outfit. Who gives a hoot what size your body is? Just make sure you have the biggest smile in the room and make them all wish they had whatever it is you have! Good luck to you dear. Family get togethers : love 'em or hate 'em, but make the best of 'em!!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #52  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Lovn, thanks for the awesome words of encouragement. I am profoundly ashamed of my last post because it's just a litany of whining, which really is not helpful or interesting to anyone. I think I wrote it in the midst of self-centered hissy fit! All the way driving home from work, I thought, "What right did I have to thrust my negativity on everyone in the 40's thread??"

That said, I know that I'll get myself out of this valley. The family thing this weekend will actually be pretty interesting. I do enjoy seeing most of my family members, my mother not withstanding. Plus, the reception after the bat mitzvah itself is being held at one of Donald Trump's country clubs! Woo hoo! Fancy shmancy! Should be quite interesting, to say the least.

OK, onward and upward, right?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #53  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Default wow - Andrea - don't be so hard on yourself

that is what we are all here for - sometimes we just need a place to vent. Hang in there sweetie - and don't ever try to force a relationship where there isn't one. With family we have to put up with them but it is A-OK to tell them politely that they have crossed a line and how would they like it if we pointed out ... their "shortcomigns" besides you are working on your weight and that is all any of us can do.

Take care sweetie - this too will pass and we all go onward and upward sometimes with brief stays at the pitty palace.

So don't be hard on yourself
Old 09-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #54  
47er

Hi everyone. We made it through another day.

Andrea
You don't know me yet but you will cause i plan on sticking around here for a long time. Dont' be sorry for having a "down" moment here. We are here for you through the ups and the downs. It helps me when I see other people letting out their feelings. It makes it easier for me to share. Glad you got through the family thing and you are still with us

By the way I love the Mets as I do the Giants. I grew up in New York not too far from Shey Stadium. I used to ride my bike there and listen to the game from the park. I grew to love the Giants since I have been in Cali but if the Mets are playing other teams I still cheer for them.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #55  

DD is 15 today. Oh my gosh, how did that happen????

Lots of work for me today and then confirmation class...which I haven't prepared yet. Whoops!!

Hope everyone has a terrific day!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #56  
47er

Default Happy Hump Day

i everyone just checking in and trying out my new signature. I think I have been here long enough now. It let me create one and no message that I had to weight So cross yur fingers. So you have to cut and paste this everytime you post or am I doing something wrong. There has got to be an easier way.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #57  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Karen you can just put the link in your permanent sig file and then when you want to update your ticker go to the ticker site. There's better instructions in the help forum

-Susan, still waiting to be trusted with a siggie
Old 09-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #58  
47er

Default Thanks Suenami

Why didn't I think to look there.

Suenami when did you join. I joined on the 18th of August aand I know you were close by. You should check again. I did not get an email or anything. I just tried it again and this time is worked. I believe you only have to be here 20 days.

Karen
Old 09-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #59  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

dol
We all do what we have to do. Sometimes it isn't easy. A meal can be no more than an apple or a serving of crackers. Think about it that way. Heck we can eat a serving of crackers on the way to the rest room lol. NIce sig.

lovn
Don't you feel for kids and all they have going on sometimes. Sure glad I am not that age again when I was going to school full time and then had a full time job. My daughter worked 8 hours after school the other day. I felt bad for her lol. She then had to come home and do her chores, take care of her animals and do homework before she could go to bed. Over a 4 hour shift is not something I generally let her do because she just doesn't have enough time to do all the things she needs to do and then get 8 hours sleep. She was always wanting for me to let her work more hours. The next morning after that shift ( someones grandmother died so she worked her shift and picked up their shift too so they could go to the funeral ) she said she never wants to do that again lol.

lets
Isn't it terrible as we get older we have nothing to do with our parents. I have nothing to do with mine. She was a terrible mother and an even worse grandmother. I could forgive how she treated me but not how she treated my children. I am a very forgiving person and help anyone I can but I found out things like, when she was suppose to be sitting them before and after school ( which I had to pay her to do )when I had to work. She was sleeping on the couch and letting my 8 year old go out to the bus stop by herself. That was the reason I was paying her because I didn't want my children at the bus stop by themselfs. When they would get home from school ( 1 hour before I got home from the one job I worked ) she would call them nasty names all the time. This was the reason, at a time in my life when I had to work, I ended up finding a job working 10 hours at night so they didn't even know I was gone. While she lived in the same state I did I all that a " good daughter " should do because she is my mother. That all stop little by little once I was hearing things from my children. Once she moved out of state I don't even talk to her if she doesn't call. We have to take control of our life. One of the things we have to do is get rid of people that make us unhealthy. Doesn't matter what the rest of the family thinks. If they care about us they will be ok with the decisions we make. If they aren't happy with our decisions then they don't care about us and it is time for them to go too. We don't just talk about weight here. We talk about life because it isn't just food that effects our weight. Life effects how we eat. We are here for each other. Sometimes life is hard and we need each other to lean on. You have a lot of shoulders here for the tough times. Don't forget to use them.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-10-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #60  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Hi Karen, I started August 17. Maybe they don't like my Oh Yeah av but I think he's cute I imagine him filled with veggie juice, not kool-aid.

-Susan
Closed Thread