LA Weight Loss - Dec 3 to Dec 9 Friends and Losers Thread

bayoubelle68
12-03-2007, 06:52 AM
Up and at 'em, everybody! Time to start another week!

Have a great day!

Dan2112
12-03-2007, 06:59 AM
FRAK! You posted just before I did with my F and L thread...

You beat me to it, so I'll have mine shut down..

You teachers sure do get up early! :lol:

Heather115
12-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Good morning all!

I've missed you all! I am having to use some self-control and not go back to catch up on all I've missed since I last checked in. I was so addicted to these threads and everybody's goings-on that I had to go cold turkey for awhile!

I am still on LAWL and would still be losing if I could be POP EVERY day. I'm struggling! I'm feeling pretty good at this weight although it's far from my goal. I get complacent when I'm not miserable anymore. Every day's a new day though and I start each day with every intention of being POP. Now if I can just make it through to the end of the day, I'll be in good shape! :D

How's everybody else doing? Holidays kicking ya in the butt? I hope I'm not the only one, but certainly want to hear how everyone's dealing with the temptations.

I've updated my ticker and my avatar - that pic is from the beach near Charleston, SC in mid-October. Sadly, I've only lost maybe 5 more pounds since then. Better than gaining, I guess.

Here's to a POP day!

Katy66
12-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Hey, doing my usual check in after a not so great weekend. I've just lost focus on this thing but am trying my best to get back on track....it usually last Monday - Thursday and then I'm off again. Haven't been gaining but I'm not losing either.

Felicia - I love the new hair and pic, you look awesome.

Dan - The family portrait is great!

Heather - you look wonderful!

EmilyLashea
12-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Good Morning All! :wave:

I had a mostly POP weekend.. went a little overboard on the pasta yesterday, but otherwise it was good.

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

sscott
12-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Happy Monday fellow losers :) i hope you all had a great weekend. We spent time with friends Friday and Saturday evening, so that was enjoyable. We don't get to do it as often any more since we had a baby! I eat a little more then I was supposed to this weekend. We started christmas baking and it is dangerous! I will try my hardest, but I am sure I will need to do another TO just to keep myself on track. We'll see...

bradleys mom
12-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Felicia! Love the hair!

Hope everyone has a great POP week!

Dan2112
12-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Hey there..

Thanks for all the comments on the portrait.. We did the JCPenny thing this year.. We skipped it last year while our weights were "in transit", so we figured we should get it done this time around.

I wanted to pass along my little nugget of 5-cent philosophy from the other thread I started, but took so long to finish what I was writing that Felicia snuck this one in before me...

>>>>Focus on the small things this week... Sometimes details matter... Details like that "one small bite of fudge" or that "extra cup of hot chocolate" or that "small handful of Chex Mix"....

Yes, it's the holidays and we all deviate from plan once in a while, but don't use the holidays as an excuse to go nuts... You are free to live on this plan, but the PLAN AIN'T FREE, so don't blow it!!

Have a great day, all!!

michie
12-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Went to my WI and PSV this morning... I did NOT buy any LA LITES, and i lost 3 pounds! WOO HOO! Wednesday will be the end of my first week... I want to see how much I can lose by then! This is very exciting!

I don't know what POP means... but I am soooooooooo it right now! Hope everyone has a GREAT WEEK!

cecil
12-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi All! I had a good weekend! But I didn't eat everything that I was supposed to. I was just so lazy sat I didn't eat hardly anything which I know is bad. And then yesterday too just couldn't get it all in. Ugh! So I am very nervous to weigh in tomorrow. Hope it goes well. You will be happy to know that I went out this weekend for a friends birthday and didn't drink. I am 1 month sober as of today! Crazy!
Felicia- like the new do!
Dan-Love the new pic!
Emily-Awesome job on the Inches! That's great!

BarbaraB
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Felicia, I didn't recognize you for a moment, you look so different from your old picture, you can really see the weight loss in your face and shoulders.

Cecil, Great that you've made it a whole month without indulging in the liquid fruit or starch. When you get to the point where you are able to indulge, take it easy, as after so long without it you will feel it more. I find what works best for me is to start out with a real drink, a glass of wine if I've saved the fruit or a light beer if I've got a starch to spare, and then I will order club soda after that, so I have a drink in my hand and am sitting there being social and really no one has ever commented on this, since the last thing I want when I'm out being social is to have to go on and on about my diet. If it is a long event where others are drinking quite a bit, I might have 2 real drinks, alternating with the club soda. That way I don't end up drinking too fast and making really bad decisions. Of course you have to have the exchanges for that. Anyway, club soda you can have in virtually unlimited quantities and still be on plan.

Dan2112
12-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks Cecil!

Michie - POP means "perfect on plan"... Way to go on your losses.. Keep it up!

MomOfThreeTeens
12-03-2007, 02:23 PM
WOW the new haircuts are awesome!! Congrats chickies!

HEATHER!!!!!!! You've been missed! I asked Crystal about you when I went to WI Thursday! So glad to see you checking in. I understand needing to take a break but next time dont fall off the face of the earth, me and the other Kim were worried about you!!! Got time to meet for coffee anytime before the holidays? Let me or Kim know and we'll see if we can work something out!

Oh, my mostly POP week netted me a 1.6 pound loss at WI Thursday then I proceeded to eat like a pig all weekend, sheesh! LOL

smjezzy
12-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi all. Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I learned how a trip to Whataburger can TOTALLY screw up your weight loss! I went with a friend to a state playoff game (her son is on the team) and the only place that wasn't PACKED was whataburger. We won 41-14 BTW. I did get some unexpected exercise. The bleachers at this stadium were HUGE. We started walking up the stairs, took 2 breaks and I was about to have my friend call the paramedics when she finally hung a left and headed for the seats. Whew! The stairs seemed to go straight up instead of a gradual incline. I later found out that they added on after the fact and didn't want to lose any parking so they did basically just go straight up! It was like climbing a ladder.

Back to being POP now and will be making plans for the upcoming weekend. I seem to love weekend binging. Maybe if I get something set in stone I won't be so tempted to deviate. Other than that the weekend was good and I have plans for a perfect week.

sscott
12-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Do you guys having any luck finding reduced fat cheese? I can find the slices of american cheese, but have a really hard time finding any hard cheeses. Any suggestions on where to look or brands to try?

EmilyLashea
12-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Stacy- I have the same problem.. the only one that has the 3g fat or less is velveeta made with 2% milk. I asked COD about this at my last visit and she said that it would be ok if I just had to have cheddar to just make sure whatever I get is made with 2% milk and not worry so much about the 3g fat.

JLem311
12-03-2007, 05:14 PM
hey everyone. pretty stressed today. worked from 4am-230pm. with only like a 10min break the whole time. such a frustrating day.
i have so much stuff to do before the big move--which is officially scheduled for december 26th. yikes. so much to do and so little time.
anyways..not doing so well with the eating thing. pretty hard to force myself to eat much these days. i know that's not good, but i'm trying my best. i did eat pretty well yesterday, but i know that doesn't make up for the previous 12 days. i guess with all the stress i've been going through this past month, i could be seeing massive gains and eating terrible, right?

ok, well..i'm gonna go and rest for a bit. hope everyone had a better start to the week than i did. :)

Ternoway
12-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi everyone,
I was doing great on my new plan until I came home for dinner tonight. My mom had made shepards pie with ground chicken so it wasn't too bad but I ate way too much, oops! I should have been more careful because despite switching plans I still went up a pound when I weighed in earlier. I decided to do TO starting tomorrow. I am a TO virgin and must admit that I'm not looking forward to doing it!:o

JerseyMadchen
12-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Hello Everyone,

I decided to come back after a little hiatus! I must admit you all look GREAT! Felicia and Jillian look WONDERFUL from the last time I saw you guys back in August (I think!) GREAT JOB.

I am back at my starting weight back before I started LAWL in October of '04, so it's like starting all over again. Oh well! I know this works, so I am going to re-join!

Have a great week everyone, I am WI-ing tomorrow!

bradleys mom
12-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Look at my profile picture! Just being a proud mama! This is the picture I made into Christmas cards for this year!

Heather115
12-03-2007, 10:19 PM
What a cutie-patootie he is! You're looking pretty great yourself, girl!

Kim0303
12-03-2007, 10:34 PM
HELP LADIES. I know on another thread you all were talking about a supplement that helps with all the hot flashes and other stuff. I wasn't suffering through it then. Know I need to know what it is. Besides the sweets I get dizzy and sick to my stomach right after the TOM. I know it isn't anything to do with my heart because I have had every test in the world done on it. So I thought I would try the supplement that some of you or your friends swear by. Thanks in advance for your response. Ok, I came back in to edit this question. I did a search and found where Lynx suggested Oliviasecret. Thank you! I just ordered some I hope it helps. If anyone else has a suggestion, let me know.

Felicia - Love your hair.
Dan - Love the picture of the family.
Heather - I was afraid you quit going to the center. Glad to know everything is OK. If you want to go to go for coffee let me or Kim#2 know. It would be great to see you. We missed you at our last gathering.
Emily - Thanks for the info on the cheese. I was doing that because I have to have cheddar and couldn't find any with 3g fat.
Jillian - you got to stay healthy. Don't get run down!!! I do right the opposite when stressed. I eat constantly. My husband has my stressed over one of his business deals and I am eating to much!!!!

I am not even keeping my diary. Haven't for the past week. Things have been crazy. I am just trying to survive without upseting DD and making DH mad. He is stressing me out though and this is a crazy time at work as well. I do not have the first Christmas decoration up. Usually have all that stuff done a WEEK AGO. Right after Thanksgiving. I don't know when I can squeeze it in. Have been with family and friends every evening for the past 5 days and I guess that is what its all about anyway. Enjoy the company and celebrate the birth.

bayoubelle68
12-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey, guys. Just a quick fly-by tonight. I'm neck-deep in Christmas print orders. I'm printing Christmas cards for one of my best friends right now, so while they're going, I'm checking in. I'm having to really babysit one of my printers right now because it's jamming after every third card!

Amy (from Jersey) - it's so good to see you! I'm glad you've found your way back home to us!

Kimberly - what an adorable picture! Those eyes! He's a sweetie!

As always, our family cards won't get printed until after I'm done with everyone else's! We took some really sweet pics when the kids were decorating the tree and we're using some of those for our cards. I will probably go ahead and stay up late tonight designing them so they're ready to print.

I know some of you may remember about three weeks ago when I got a new student who was very challenging (cursing, fighting, no manners, a really tough shell). Well, he had gotten a little better - at least he was starting to respond to me and the rest of my kids. My class had a hard time with him at first because he just didn't seem to want to be accepted, but the kids had worked really hard to gain his trust and be his friends. He was still a daily challenge, but I could see that we were breaking through his exterior and we were liking the kid we were seeing inside. I was heart-broken this morning to learn that his mother had taken him back (he had been living with Dad) and had requested a drop sheet so she could take him back to his old school. Our counselor said, "I'll bet you're glad to be losing this one. He was such a tough one!" I am not glad at all. I think this is the worst thing that could happen! In our classroom, he had found a safe place where he was loved - no matter what. He had learned that getting my attention didn't take being bad. He had found out that he was a really good student when he wasn't misbehaving. I am just so sad. My heart has hurt all day long. He didn't come today, so all of his things were still at our school. I boxed them up along with a few treats - some new books and other little things - and a note telling him how much I would miss him. It will be delivered to his new school - which is still in our city.

I was so proud of my kids today when I sat down to talk to them about the little boy leaving. One boy in particular said, "Mrs. Pate, I hope he's okay at his new school. I hope they love him like we do." Another said, "It doesn't matter where he went. He's still part of our family." That's something we talk about every day - that we are a family and nobody in our class is ever alone at school. So many of them don't have a strong sense of family at home, so I try really hard to give them that at school. There's a sign on my classroom wall that says, "I've got your back" and they say that all the time - not in a fighting sense. Just in the sense that we're a family.

Those of you who are inclined, please pray for this little boy. I'm so afraid that he will just go back to his old behaviors at his old school and will stop trying to succeed. He is really a good kid at heart and I just feel so strongly that this move is the very worst thing that could happen to him right now. He SO needs stability and love and structure - mostly love.

Okay, back to Christmas cards!

Katy66
12-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Good Tuesday morning! I'm usually checking my work email at this time but as luck would have it the whole system is shut down so I get to check in here:)

Hope you all had a great Monday. I stayed mostly on plan but not perfect. Better than the weekend though. As I said yesterday I'm just not focused. Guess it is all the holiday activities and chores. Plus my DD's birthday is the 21st so I have all that planning to do as well. Bless her heart she gets overloaded this time year.

Felicia - So sorry to hear the little boy was moved to another school. Sounds like you had made some progress with him and once again his little life is in turmoil because all has changed. We can only hope that his new teacher will be as loving as you and 1/2 the patience.

Better run, I'm hoping that I can get alot accomplished today without the emails bombarding me:) See ya!

aguerin
12-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Good Morning all. Had a great weekend. Now I need to try to get focused on finding that Christmas Spirit. I'm getting closer anyway.

Felicia, you look so pretty with your new hair cut. You GO Girl! It breaks my heart for this little boy that you are losing. I hope he comes back to your classroom soon. I think he is better off there. I will pray for him.

Emily, Kimberly your new pics look great also. I have got to try to get a new one up of me. Just can't make the camera fix me the way that I want though.

I have been very busy at work so I don't have much time. Will check back in later.

emmysmom
12-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Oh Felicia - my heart is breaking for you and the poor little boy. And his poor dad. Custody battles are just the worst! I've been through lots of battles with my DH and his ex...and the battles continue even after 11 years! Unfortunately (sometimes), the courts will normally side with the mother. Now I shouldn't be biased because I don't know these people. It just seems that he was getting a better life with his dad and in his new school with you as his teacher and all of his new friends. It's just so sad. I will be praying for all of you. I hope you get to see him again so you can at least give him a hug and let him know how much he'll be missed.

emmysmom
12-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Welcome back, Amy! It's great to see you! :wave:

Love the new pic, Kimberly...of you and your darling little boy - what a cutie!

smjezzy
12-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Morning all! Great pics everyone.

Slowly getting rid of Whataburger gain. I just don't really think hamburgers taste good enough to gain that much weight for. Seems VERY unfair to me.

POP yesterday and not doing well today. My stomach is churning today for some reason so I think I'm going to be hard pressed to get even half my food down. I'm also FREEZING, I've asked around and it's obviously just me; everyone else is comfortable. Boy would I like to be home under my down comforter.

Hey what happened to the girl from Cananda? Krispie (I think)? DQ Blizzard freak? Well she's not a freak, she just loves the blizzards! I always enjoyed her posts, she's hilarious.

have a great POP day all.

EmilyLashea
12-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:

Kimberly- He is absolutely adorable! And your avatar is great!

Felicia- I am so sorry to hear about your student.. I know you had really worked hard with him and it sounded like he had things a lot better with his dad. Glad to see the Christmas pictures went well though!

This has been a hectic week already and it hasn't even started good yet.. Finals are next week so things are getting stressful! :dizzy:

Hope everyone is having a good week so far.. The only problem I'm having as far as LA goes is that I am still having a hard time getting all of my dairy in. I know, I know.. It shouldn't be that hard, but I am not a fan of milk or yogurt so my choices are limited..

MomOfThreeTeens
12-04-2007, 02:26 PM
How about pudding Emily? The sugarfree/fat free pudding counts as a dairy. I have the opposite problem, I LOVE milk, I would drink it with every meal.

smjezzy
12-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Dairy is hard for me too. I don't care for the yogurt on it's own or just to eat it out of a bowl, but since I started the smoothies (because I also have trouble with the fruit!) it makes it much easier. Just fruit, yogurt and ice. I also like the cheese sticks but they only count as 1/2 D.

Lynx
12-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Greetings from Southern California,
I had some trouble getting out of Wisconsin because of the storm and fog, but I arrived here 3 hours late so all is well. Sunday afternoon my neice and sister-in-law picked me up from the aiport and we went sightseeing immediately.
Yesterday, my sil and I went to Tai Chi class in the am; then some shopping; then Curves; then some shopping; and finally a beach walk just before sunset.

It has been sunny and highs in the high 60's. Got to run ....

Take care everyone and be good....

healthy2b
12-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Hi Everyone....

Love all the new hair "dos" - everyone looks great and the new avatars!

Felicia-so sorry to hear about your student.....especialy when he was making so much progress.....hopefully he will have a teacher that cares as much as you do at this new school and I know he will be so happy to get the package you sent him with the note. Hopefully, he'll hang on to your words in the note and it will help him for a long time. Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference!

Kimberly-he's a cutie!

Amylou-how's the studying going?

I've still been having tooth problems which makes it so hard when it comes to eating. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will improve soon.

bayoubelle68
12-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks, guys, for the sweet words about my student. I don't mean to sound as if I think I'm the only teacher in the world who can help him. I'm sure his next teacher will be good for him, too. It's just that he needs to get someplace that he feels at home and STAY PUT! And it's always hard to see any student go. I tell them all the time that, at school, I'm their mom. When we're here, they are the center of my universe and I give them everything I've got. It's just hard to lose one of my kids!

bradleys mom
12-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the compliments gals! I need it, it seems my motivation took a left and I took a right....

I am going to work off four big fat pieces of pizza I just ate... Ughh, no pain no gain right...
Remember tonight is BIGGEST LOSER night! Dont forget to do those commercial workouts!

Ternoway
12-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Okay, so I survived day one of Take Off and must say I'm not liking it much. I was eating dinner and my stomach was growling so loud that everyone at the table could hear it. VERY emabarassing! Seriously, I was eating dinner so it wasn't because I was hungry, what's up with that!

dolphn545
12-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey Everybody! :wave:

Well, I'm still here, and still hanging in there, trying to be as POP as I can be! It seems like I am either working or running around. Yesterday I didn't get home until almost 8:00 p.m., and my DD (reminds me) that she's got to be at dance by 8. I didn't even bother having dinner yesterday.

Stacy - have you tried Laughing Cow cheese? I've only tried the original. I've seen it at WalMart (near the deli case).

I still can't believe how great everyone that has stuck the program out looks!! I'm happy for each of you, but at the same token I am jealous and p*** off at myself (because I didn't have the willpower to stick with it). But, I'm back now, and going full speed ahead. :)

Hope everyone is having a great POP week!

Dan2112
12-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi gals...

Greetings from Santa Rosa, NM... We're doing a prescribed burn here on our 100+ property south of town.. I did pretty well today, eating lots of veggies and stayed away from the ham sandwich sack lunches they provided us..

The good news is that while we thought this would take 3 days, our fantastic fire crews took care of it in about a day, so I'll be going home tomorrow! Meanwhile I sit here watching CSI at the La Quinta.. Woo Hoo!!

Hope all is well!

Catway8
12-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I am sooo busy this time of year. I work in retail so this time is exausting.

Everyone's new pics look wonderful. Felicia I am so sorry to hear about your student. I hope he gets as much as you and your other students were doing for him. I will send some prayers his way.

I finally hit my 30 pound mark last Friday. I was sooooo happy and proud of myself. Altho I didnt make good choices this weekend. I have been POP yesterday and today so hopefully I wont see too much of a gain.

To the biggest loser fans. I was SHOCKED to see Nicole's now she looks great!!!! I cant wait for the finale and see who wins.

Off to bed for me so have a good nigth and keep being POP.

Cathy. :)

cecil
12-04-2007, 11:51 PM
I had my WI today and I was down 1.8! I will check in tomorrow when I have more time.

amylou7777
12-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Hi friends! I'm in the thick of finals-so this is the first time I've been on here in over a week. Is Nicole MIA again??

I love all the new pics/haircuts!
Felicia-WOW! You look so great-what a transformation! Beautiful!
Emily-love the sassy new look!! How have you been?

Kimberly-hang in there- I saw the 4 slices of pizza comment. I have not been POP for over 2 weeks. I have been so stressed and sleep deprived that it's been hard to get all of my food in. I've lost about 2lbs since the intense studying began-but I don't know if it's "real" yet- so I'm going to wait it out. I've probably lost some muscle bc I'm sitting at a desk for 10 hrs and barely get up to go potty...
BUT I'm done as of Saturday...can't wait to celebrate and finally get ino the Holiday spirit!

Best wishes to you all! Can't wait til I can get on here every morning like I used to!

sscott
12-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Happy Wednesday. I have a work party tomorrow and I need to bring a dessert. I was wanting to make something that I could enjoy and not feel guilty about later. Any suggestions of things you guys have tried? I tried the brownies in the LAWL cookbook last weekend and they were gross (a little ice cream and hot fudge would have fixed them, but then what's the poin of low-fat :) )

We got 8 inches of snow yesterday. I think we have about 15" total so far this year. It seems to be setting up to a rough winter. We can't dig out fast enough. Oh well, I love a white Christmas!

healthy2b
12-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Congrats Cathy and Cecil on the weight loss!

Dan - Have a safe trip home!

Hi - Sherry, Stacy, Felicia, and everyone else! Where is everybody? I guess it's that crazy busy time of year, hard to make time to get on the computer:(

Amylou - good luck with finals...almost done for the semester! The break will be nice!

smjezzy
12-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Morning all! Congrats to all the losers. I didn't get to see BL last night but recorded it so I will watch tonight and see what happened. I love seeing how fantastic they look after losing the weight.

Trying to keep the spirits up. I'm losing my Whataburger gain just in time for another weekend. I have my weekend planned out nicely though so I'm good to go. Think I am going to bite the bullet and drop my gym membership. The trainer I was seeing who was supposed to show me around the equipment basically told me to do the treadmill and swim. I have a treadmill in my garage and 2 neighborhood (heated) pools so why am I paying 100 a month?

Well enough rambling! Everyone have a fantastic, POP, weight losing day.

Katy66
12-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Good morning! My work email is back up so I've been trying to catch up there most of this morning. I'm recommending one day a week with no email here....I got so much done.

My winter cold started setting in on Sunday with a scratchy throat and by yesterday PM I felt crappy! A few meds and lots of fluids and I'm maintaining. At least it should be over by Christmas and hopefully DD won't get it. She told me this morning not to kiss her, I had germs...... Oh well, she did get a peck on the head:)

Of course my cold has changed my taste buds considerably so nothing I've eaten has been satisfying, including the pizza last night since I didn't feel like cooking. Once again I strayed from the plan. Hey, is anyone else having trouble getting their water in? It was not a problem during warm weather but now, I'm really struggling. All I want is coffee or tea.

I've got to run out at lunch and pick up a gender neutral gift for an exchange here at work. Any suggestions in the $15 range? I'm great at picking stuff out for someone personally but this is for a "white elephant" exchange, only not gag gifts.

Amylou - good luck with the finals.

Carrie - great new picture. Hope your dental problems are solved soon...nothing worse that a painful tooth

Cathy - congrats on the 30lb mark

KimberlyR - I totally understand your motivation comment....we've got to get it back somehow:)

Lynn - I'm jealous of the weather you are enjoying! Bet I could get my water in if I were there!:)

Sherry - glad you are giving it another try. It is a hard time of year to stay focused but we can all help each other with that.

Gotta run now! A big hello to anyone I've missed. Good luck with staying on plan today:cool:

Katy66
12-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Oops, almost forgot - Shannon does paying for you gym membership keep you motivated to go? I've tried doing things on my own since we have exercise equipment here at work but seems like knowing I'm paying for it motivates me to go more. Just something to think about.......

smjezzy
12-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Katy - Nope! I haven't been since August. Well let me take that back, I went in a couple weeks ago so he could show me the equipment but as per my previous post he didn't and I haven't been back since. Can't see going to walk on a treadmill when I have one at home.

Mama Nicole
12-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Good morning all of my friends :) :) :)!!!

I am sorry I have been such a slacker.........and I HAVE MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I didn't really realize it until I skimmed over this weeks posts. I love all of the new avatars........you all look so adorable!!!

I have been bad, but I think I am almost over it. If I don't get over it real quick I will be back to my starting weight.

So, I am not going to do personals right now......I am living in a disaster area (see what happens when I shop instead of housekeep), but I wanted to send big :hug:'s to everyone :) Keep up the good work :)
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

bradleys mom
12-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Welcome back Nicole! We have missed you too! Tis the season to be busy! Try to remember to take some time for yourself! :)

Well ladies and gent... I am finally in the 230's! I WI at 239.6 this morning! What a lovely feeling!

Mama Nicole
12-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Whoohoooo Kimberly :)

MTdebster921
12-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Hello there fellow LAWLers. It's been a long time since I have been on here. Thanks Nicole, for PMing me and calling me out. I wasn't ignoring you, just lots of stuff going on along with some computer problems. I had fallen off the LAWL wagon and I think out of boredom and just needing a break, took a hiatus. I did gain some weight back, but did fast forward last Thurs. and Friday, and have netted a 7 lb. loss since then, so I am back on my way. Now if I can just survive this super stressful time of year. Only 3 more weeks and I can take a breath.

I am loving all the new pics. Felicia, you look amazing!! Dan, Liz, Love the fam picture! Kimberly R., you're looking good.

Jillian- How are you doing? You sound so sad.:hug: I'm sorry that you are having to go through all this all alone. Keep your chin up hon, it has to get better.

Sherry- Good to see you.

Cathy- Congrats on the 30 lbs. I can sympathize with you, I work retail too. I am a picture framer, so we have deadlines to meet so everybody can have their presents on time.

Amylou- Good luck on your finals. I know you will be glad to get those over with.

Katy- I am really bad at getting my water in when it's cold. I drink WAY too much coffee in the winter. I know this is a debate of the COD's, but mine has said that you can drink tea and the crystal lights mixed with water to get your water in. I don't drink the crystal lights full strength and if it helps get uncaffeinated liquids into my body then what's the harm.

I see so many new faces here, and I am looking forward to getting to know everybody. I'll go back when I get a chance to see what has gone on.

Hey, has Cassi ever checked in????

MTdebster921
12-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Stacy- How about this recipe- only instead of making it in a pie, make it kind of like a sheet cake. just use crushed graham crackers with a little butter to hold it together instead of the pie crust. I used to make the regular version every year and really like the made over version too. I use low-fat cream cheese though because I can't handle the fat free stuff.
Double Layer Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:

4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) fat-free PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 Tbsp. skim milk
1 Tbsp. Splenda
1 tub (8 oz.) fat-free COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)
1 cup skim milk
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) fat-free/sugar-free JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

Preparation:

MIX cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. milk and the sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
Gently stir in half of the whipped topping. Spread onto bottom of crust.
POUR 1 cup milk into large bowl.
Add pumpkin, dry pudding mixes and spices. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Spread over cream cheese layer.

dawn78
12-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Hey, some familiar faces are returning! We all missed you Deb and Nicole.

Katy66
12-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Deb - It is good to see you back! The recipe sounds wonderful, I've used many of yours off the recipe threads as well:)

Nicole - Glad you are back to keep things stirred up. I think we are all struggling at "being good".

JLem311
12-05-2007, 01:57 PM
hey everyone. just checking in quick before i'm off to work for the night.
got a workout in today. guess between all the stressful stuff going on in my life i kinda ditched it for a while.

not much else to say really. it's good to see nicole, deb, sherry and amy(jersey) back on here.

hope everyone has a good night.

sscott
12-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Deb, it's nice to "meet" you and thanks for the recipe. Even if I don't make it for tomorrow, I will have a try it some other time. My husband would love it! I am with you on the FF cream cheese. Yucky!!

Nicole - Good to see you back around. Enjoy this time of the year and take some time for you!

Kimberly R. - Way to go! Last week I made it into the 220's and was so excited! I know some people (not the people on here :) ) don't understand what an accomplishment this is, but I certainly do!!! Keep it up! You are doing great! Keep focused on each success and celebrate every drop!

BarbaraB
12-05-2007, 02:29 PM
I really liked the Key Lime Pie, also from Deb I think. I've made it twice.

I also have been not good on the water. I hadn't thought that it was related to being cold. I have been drinking way too much coffee too, which makes sense since our office tends to be overly cold, who wants to drink something cold when they are already cold.

I was far from POP yesterday. Why does the maid service have to leave us chocolates? Don't they know that I can't have that in the house without eating it? Oh well, a few chocolates, and then I was just hungry all day after that and did my best to keep the lid on the eating, but only just barely. Yesterday was supposed to be a low calorie day for me in my zig zag calorie scheme. My DH cooked dinner, in fact he had cooked 2 days in row, which I don't remember him doing that ever in the past except when I was sick or something. So of course I ate what he put on the plate, since after over a year on this plan sometime I'm thinking he doesn't want to hear about it anymore (and he just wanted some brown rice so I ate it).

I also thought Nicole on TBL looked really good. I particularly liked her transformation, since she looks a great deal like my younger sister (who more
resembles her before right now), so it was great to see her lose the weight. She has a really beautiful bone structure in her face that was not at all apparent when she was at her starting weight.

I'm still doing the zig zag calorie thing, I think it is working but I've not gotten on the scale in quite some time... I guess I've been doing more weights at the gym, and I'm afriad to know that I've put on my muscle weight.

Shannon, Just because there is one lazy guy who didn't feel like showing you around the gym is not a good reason to not go. Don't they have more than a tread mill there and a swimming pool? I find it better to have the ability to do different things, since currently my foot is bothering me a bit so I'm staying off the treadmill for awhile and doing more low impact things. It would be hard to do that if I didn't belong to the gym. Are there classes that you could attend? If you are not comfortable at that gym, perhaps there is someplace else where you would be more comfortable and actually do the working out. I would just not exercise very much if I had to just rely on doing it all by myself at home, I have an elliptical trainer, and I do use it, but probably not more than once a week. Too boring really.

smjezzy
12-05-2007, 02:47 PM
They have tons of stuff there. I've been a member for almost a year now and up until August was content to just use the treadmill and pool/water aerobics. I don't know how to use the equipment and without my glasses can't see the instructions. Yes they do have classes but most are for people in MUCH better shape than I am. I've asked them a couple times now to show me the ropes - I also faxed him a copy of a workout routine I had at another gym and he just needed to show me what machines they have that are the equivalent of what I was using. He's never responded. We switched to this gym because the pool/spa area was much nicer and cleaner but not I'm thinking we should have stayed where we were. At least I knew the equipment there. I'm just frustrated with them. For $100 a month I expect more.

BarbaraB
12-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Shannon, 100$ a month is pretty high. I think we pay 150$ a year. I know what you mean about feeling that you are too out of shape to even bother with the classes, but you get in shape by doing them. I started with yoga and Pilates and moved my way up the fitness chain. Perhaps you should move if you are not taking advantage of their services, why pay for something you don't use. Keep looking until you find something that you will use and actually do. I'm considering getting a personal trainer to help me out, since I had a few sessions when I first joined the gym (and was horribly terribly out of shape). Not that I would pay someone a lot of money, but I could probably benefit from someone showing me a couple of different work outs to do to get me to advance. Does your gym offer anything like that or is it just the one guy who sounds like he only wants to work with the already fit?

Julzanne72
12-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi I am wondering if this is thread is open to new members to LAWL...I just started on Monday and am looking for some people to chat with to help keep me on track!

smjezzy
12-05-2007, 03:11 PM
They have several personal trainers there for an additional $65 an hour. I can't afford that. My son's friend is a trainer though so I'm thinking he could show me some stuff at home. I can't get him in the gym though to show me the equipment. It would be nice if he could use my son's card and get in...hmmmm....maybe we can try that! All they can do is turn us away at the door. They do have some yoga classes but I will have to check the schedule, last time I looked it was daytime classes and I work so that was out. I'll look into that before I jump ship. I think I will call this guy one more time too.

Julz - this is where you need to be....welcome aboard!

Julzanne72
12-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks Shannon!!! I am hoping doing LAWL along with working out at the gym near my house that this will be exactly what I need to get to my goal....My mother in law inspired me to start-she has had awesome results!!!!

smjezzy
12-05-2007, 03:22 PM
It's a great plan and you'll have wonderful results if you follow the plan. Some of us (Shannon <---) have issues keeping on plan so we flounder a bit. When I first started and followed the plan religiously I lost 20 lbs very quickly. Since that time I've slacked of the exercise and decided that having pizza or burgers every now and again won't hurt....WRONG...

There are many inspirational people here who have hit their goals or are running a fast race to get there. They'll be a great help for you. So welcome and congratulations on a great choice!

sscott
12-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Welcome Julz! I haven't been doing this program for very long, either. This site has helped me stay focused and answered a lot of questions! Way to go on making a decision to become a healthier you!! Let me know if you have any questions!

BarbaraB
12-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Julz, We can never have too many friends, so welcome. LAWL is a great program for getting you to make the lifestyle changes that you need to do to lose weight and be healthy. We also support each other here online with the exercising too. Welcome

Deb it is good to see you back! You've been such an inspiration to me when I looked at your pictures (I don't know if they are still up). Getting back on the healthy eating band wagon after we've fallen off is the main thing, since we are all destined to fall off on occasion. The only way to truly fail is to stop trying.

bayoubelle68
12-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Katy - we get a lot of Blockbuster and movie theater gift cards when it's a gender neutral thing.

I am absolutely worthless at school today! I am tired and sluggish and I just feel like I need a 36-hour nap!!

healthy2b
12-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Julz - :welcome:

It's really hard for me to get my water in since the weather has cooled also, I try to just keep a bottle of water at my desk and keep drinking and hopefully I get close to my 64oz.

Deb - I have that receipe also and love it! It's great for this time of year.

Dan2112
12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Hey gang...

I'm back from the prescribed fire we were conducting... There was nothing for me to do this morning, so I was released.. Now I'm back in the office and in real need of a shower.. I'm covered in soot..

Anyway.. Welcome Julz and welcome back Nicole and Deb!!

Be one with your POP, people!!! For Julz - POP means "perfect on plan"...

bayoubelle68
12-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Kimberly - congratulations on hitting the 30's!! Great job!!

Julzanne72
12-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome. So far I have POP....:) I did my 2 day takeoff on Mon/Tues and that was a little rough because I am not big on veggies, but today I am on more "normal"food and it has been pretty easy. The journaling and planning helps me tremendously. personal victory-we have treat days on Wed at work and there were 2 CAKES here....and I did not have one single taste:)

cecil
12-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Julz! WTG! I know treat days and snack days are sooo hard at work! But it makes it a lot easier when you have planned everything out. The other day a girl on our team brought home made cookies to our meeting and I was about to get upset when she announced she had made healthy treats from the Weight Watchers cook book! I could have kissed her! Isn't that sweet!

Julzanne72
12-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks....I just stay away from the treat table as much as possible:)

Julzanne72
12-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Funny thing too-I am acutally looking fw'd to weighing in after my first week this Saturday morning:)

bayoubelle68
12-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Welcome, Julz! It's great to have you here!

I have got to get back on the stick! I've been tooting around for the past two weeks and fooling myself into believing that I'm still on the plan, but I'm full of crap. I've got to get back to the good stuff and start losing again! I've come too far to start slacking now!

JerseyMadchen
12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Welcome Julz! I just restarted, so I am back to newbie too! I have to lose about the same amount as you do, so good luck to both of us! I am sure you'll do GREAT at your weigh in on Saturday. The first weigh in is great! YOu will leave there feeling like a million bucks!

BarbaraB
12-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Felicia, You crack me up! I think sometimes we are all full of crap about how good we are...but I'm sure we are all being much better than we used to be! Do your kids bring in lots of treats for teacher for the holidays. A teacher friend of mine (granted the woman needs to gain weight and we all see her and want to feed her a bit) says she gets a ton of sweets from her students as Christmas presents. I was sad to hear that the little boy from your class went back to the bad situation with his mom. Perhaps losing him briefly will be the wakeup call she needs to get her life back in order and she will be a better mother for him now.

Anyway, my DD is coming home tonight to do her laundry, and I'm excited to see her. Even if I will get my ear talked off about her finals and how stressed out she is. I will offer tea and sympathy... I hope all you students are not stressing out too much and taking care of yourselves. You won't get better grades by making yourself sick. OK, when did I become such a Mom? Sneaks up on you when you are not looking...

JerseyMadchen
12-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Yes, finals are the worst. I have two down, three to go! I work myself up SO bad for any kind of exam. I can't help it! It's such a relief when it's over though!

bradleys mom
12-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Ohhh Barbara! That sounds so great! I wonder if I take my laundry to my mom if she would do the same? (Probably not considering half of my laundry if from DH and a dirty little 2 year old!)

I am trying not to worry too much over finals. I finished one class today and have three papers to submit in another by Monday, then comes my 2 BIG finals next week, an exam Monday and a Lab practical Wednesday in Anatomy and Physiology! YIKES!

JerseyMadchen
12-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Good luck Kim!

I have two weeks of classes left, I'm done the 19th, not a minute too soon!

dolphn545
12-06-2007, 06:17 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Just a quick check in before work, wanted to say hi. I'm still doing pretty good staying POP.

:welcome: Jules

:goodluck: to all those who have finals!! I certainly do not miss that part (although I am contemplating returning to school for my RN.) and I know how the stress feels!

Here's to a great POP day!!

bayoubelle68
12-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Barbara - yes, lots of the kids bring sweets. In fact, just yesterday, a little boy brought me a FOUR-POUND box of chocolate-covered pretzels!!! I SO love those things! I hugged him and thanked him and then said, "Do you like these?" His little eyes sparkled as he nodded. I said, "I have a great idea! Why don't we share these with the rest of the class during snack time?" He was SO excited - especially since I let him pass them out. There were only a few left, so I'm rationing those out to DS (one a day)!!

I just hope nobody brings me chocolate-covered cherries - a BIG weakness of mine. I'll just have to tell myself that they look like great big rabbit poop!! Not sure I'll buy that, but it's worth a shot

Tuesday Cool
12-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Yesterday someone was walking around with a tray of cookies and was I tempted?
You bet! I managed to skip them but really that was torture. I never really talk about dieting but many people at work know I have been loosing weight so they do tend to skip me.
4 holiday related work parties this month! 2 are thank you parties for the volunteers so skipping is not an option. Last year my down fall was the spinach artichoke dip. Have I told you all about my problem with bread? One slice of sourdough and I am gone. A race to the finish. I'll wake in the morning bloated with green bits on my face. Wondering what happened.
This year I will be strong!?!?

sscott
12-06-2007, 09:31 AM
It sounds like you all are struggling with the same thing as me right now. This month is so hard with all the baked goods. I feel like I struggle every minute of every day! I do have some good new, however. I am wearing a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear for over a year and a half! Yeah! They are a little snug, but I'm wearing them! I had been avoiding trying them on because I didn't want the disappointment, but to my surprise they buttoned and zipped with ease! What motivation this is in itself!!! My homeroom gets to go eat breakfast right now...I can avoid the caramel rolls!!

zambejaly5
12-06-2007, 09:48 AM
yea!! Deb and Amy!!! good to see you around again!

welcome Julz

We got home Tuesday night at 10 pm after driving 17 hours straight, I was mostly a vegitable yesterday. I am up 2.5. the trip was hard. I was at the mercy of everything around me for meals, I didn't get to pick where, when or what I ate. so I just didn't stress, and decided to just worry about it when I got home.

Went to Sams last night and got tons of fruits and veggies. and am ready to go again.

brr it is cold! need to have my DH make a fire I think. before I left, my church had a rummage sale to raise money for our youth groups trip .... and I bought a creme brulee kit... with the little ramakins and the little torch for making the sugar burn on top. Now I want to make creme brulee...... AND EAT IT!

Looks like I need to get a job. we are still trying to dig ourselves out of the year of no job. I am not really looking forward to it but our budget demands it. So I am applying for two different things, one,,, something through the school system. like a teachers aid or something,it would be nice to be off when the kids are off, but even though I have 5 kids....... I don't really like kids..... at least ones that are not mine. so I dont think that will be a very good fit. the other is in the legal department of the world head quarters of the worlds largest retailer......... I live in bentonville, AR..... need I say more..... which I dont' really like either, I really don't want to be one of thier drones.... but.... I would get paid ok wage, and they have perks like, store discount, and they have a huge!!! gym that costs like $12 a month for a family to join. things like that. I would make more money than the school thing, but would not get the days off that my kids have no school....... grrr. I am just going to submit both apps and then wait and see. both are positions that I would be applying through a friend so they are helping me get the jobs. we'll see

ok. I have GOT to clena my house!!!!!! we want to decorate the tree tonight.

later.

smjezzy
12-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Good luck Lettie - who knows, you may love either job. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Well let the games begin. I teach a literacy class for ESL students and our last class before the Holiday break is tonight. We're having a potluck! I made a double batch of queso because it was easy and I haven't felt well this week. Not a very LAWL friendly item. I had a taste last night but didn't grab a bowl and ladle so I'm doing good. We'll see what happens tonight. Most of the girls bring Mexican dishes which aren't known for their figure friendly ingredients. I am going to eat a salad before I go so I won't go nuts.

Barbara - As for the gym, I called the guy and left a message. He eventually called back and said he'd never received the faxed workout log. I scanned and emailed it to him, he responded with "let's set up a time", I responded and I haven't heard back. I just called back and talked to member services and they've said they will give me some guest passes so I can get my son's trainer friend to come in with me and show me the ropes. Maybe something good is going to happen now! Cross your fingers.

JLem311
12-06-2007, 10:21 AM
hey everyone. just checking in for the day. i've got the day off today. and now normally i would be happy to have the day off, but i don't like it anymore because i'm by myself. going to work everyday gives me some type of interaction. i need to go get a few groceries and i desparately need to find some new work clothes. we wear black or white polos and khakis and i bought mine last january (before i started LAWL again) and let's just say they hang off me pretty badly. and i'm gonna need to find a winter coat before i move back.

i don't normally ask this, but will someone keep me in their prayers? i'm really honestly struggling right now. i'm trying so hard to get everything taken care of for our move and with DH being away and me not being used to living alone and doing things by myself, i'm not doing so well. it's hard. and i hate it. and with all the things that have gone on in my life this past month, it's been pretty terrible. i know that things are going to start looking up, but i just need any extra good thoughts i can get. thanks. :)

anyways, enough of my sad personal life..

i'm off to shower and run a few errands. be back later.

Dan2112
12-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Shannon.. I probably don't need to say this, but I will anyway (it's my nature..:lol:)

Make sure, when you talk with the PT, you stress that you want to work on range of motion and creating lean muscle rather than becoming buff (assuming that's what you want)...

When I signed up for some PT lessons, I stressed to the sales guy that I wasn't interested in body building, but toning, so he put with with an athlete rather than a body builder... And what a difference it made..

If all you do is go in an work the static machines, you only work on one or two muscle groups.. My guy taught me the vital importance of lifting using your entire body.. most of my lifts involve legs AND arms, rather than one or the other.. I can't tell you how much that improved my calorie burning and overall ability to move around...

One of the things I didn't think about was that over the years, my body had gotten used to being fat and had made adjustments to keep all the weight upright.. So even when I lost all the weight, my body still functioned like it had to over compensate for the extra baggage... My PT spent an entire session testing my range of motions and movents so he could show me what was wrong and how to correct it... Simple things like walking with my toes pointed forward rather than out... Walking with my head up and shoulders back.. The simple things we've forgotten over the years...

Anyway.. Have a great day all... Watch out for those little things.....

smjezzy
12-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Dan - great information. I'm going to print this and take it with me. Shawn is young and a body builder so he'll have to rethink what he does for me. Thanks a bunch!

Jillian - hang in there. You can and will get everything done that you need done. It is challenging to do everything by yourself but very doable. Feel good, feel positive and most importantly feel proud of yourself when you accomplish these tasks. We're all with you in spirit and cheering you on. I don't know what the circumstances are with your dh being away as I have been away from the boards for a while but whatever the case I will keep you in my thoughts. Give yourself a hug for me.:hug:

bradleys mom
12-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Jillian, You are definately in my prayers!

Felicia, I am so LMBO at the rabbit poop comment! LOL

Julzanne72
12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Good morning all! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I have POP day yesterday and hoping for more of the same today. I went to the gym after work last night and did my weight lifting and tonight after work I will be getting my cardio in. One of my major goals is to start getting out of bed in the morning before work to get my workouts in, so I don't take time away from my family after work by having to workout!! This weekend is going to test my strength for sure. Saturday we are doing our annual Christmas Cookie bake-all day long. My goal is to pack everything for myself on friday night so that I have no reason to stray....though the PB cookies are such a hard thing for me to turn down-I will try my best to stay strong. WE are starting at 9am-so my plan is to hit the gym by 7am-then off to the center for my WI at 8-then home to shower and off to bake.

BarbaraB
12-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Shannon,

I'm so glad the guy responded and that you can take your son's trainer friend with you. Most fitness professionals want to help people to get fit and lean. Be gentle with yourself though! I pushed myself too fast and ended up with a stress fracture in my foot when I first joined the gym. I had to learn how to take it in baby steps. You want to be left in good enough shape to come back and do it again soon!

I hope all of the students are taking time to get their rest and that they don't waste too much of their energy worrying. Make sure to get some sleep, eat nutritious food, so that your mind is sharp and focused. IT will all be over with soon, and then you can enjoy the break.

cecil
12-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Jillian you are in my prayers as well. Give your worries to god he will help you though this. I know it's tough to be alone at a time like this. Try to do something for your self and remember the that the Joy of the Lord is our Strength!

Mama Nicole
12-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Hello everyone :)

DEB......welcome back. stay with us.....we need you!!! I am doing my first FF in months, and I have to stick with it. So far, so good. Food has been my addiction of choice for the last month or so....so it actually feels good not to be obsessing about it. Here's to a POP weekend, girl!!!

Felicia........you look like a million bucks!!!! I didn't take the time to tell you that yesterday......and every time I look at your avatar I just smile from ear to ear. WTG!!! And.......I can sympathize with your desire for a 36 hour nap.......and chocolate covered cherries had been my best friend until today :) (They are the devil).

Lettie..........are you tapping my brain? I about died laughing when I read that you "don't really like kids...." :lol:. I think sometimes it's the fact that we have 5 kids that makes it difficult to make a living caring for other's children. I did home daycare for years, and loved it......but now I live in one.......so I could never do that job again!!! Good luck with the job search. I hope it is just a temporary thing for you :) Set yourself a goal with your job so you can be done when the goal is met. And don't make it, "when we get out of debt," cuz we all know that won't happen. When I was contemplating getting a job, DH and I had agreed that if I worked, it would be only until our high interest credit cards and/or loans were paid down. But it was agreed that it would be a debt that was not being made anymore.........ie: a credit card that we were no longer using. And then, the plan was to put a certain % of my earnings toward that goal. Cuz so often the more we make, the more we spend. So yeah, that was our plan........and then I changed my mind and didn't get a job :lol: But, if I ever decide to do so, that is what we would try to do. Aren't you happy I just gave you unwanted financial advice? :lol:

Jillian......honey.....one day at a time. This is going to be a big adjustment for you, but you can do it. You know.......a visit or two with a life coach never hurt anyone :) You are going to be ok no matter what......but it is always good to reach out when you need to :) You are smart, and you are reaching out to us, but if you don't start to feel better soon, use your resources, and reach out in another safe direction.....whether that be to your doctor, a life coach, a church, a community group......whatever it may be. Just remember.........you are very vulnerable right now......so receive any help with your eyes wide open. Lonely sucks.......but it is doable. I am so proud of you for staying in touch with all of us and being so honest about how you are feeling. It takes a lot of courage to be honest about feelings. You are going to learn so much about yourself in these months of being independent. Embrace this experience, it is going to add to your wonderful personality!!!!:hug:

Anyway.......big hello's to everyone :) I am trying to only check in once a day........and I have so much I want to say, being the postmaster that I am, but it must wait until later ;)

Hey, Kristen.......you still out there?

And JM.....how's it hangin?

Anyway.....I hope everyone has a great day!!! YOu can do it!!!!
XOXO

chiquita623
12-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone. Hope you are all having a good Thursday. Just think, it's almost the weekend. Can't come too soon in my opinion.

All the new pics and avatars look fantastic. Felicia - you are gorgeous. You can really tell the difference between this one and your old one. Your face and shoulders are so much thinner. Dan - love the pic of the family. Nothing like a family picture to keep you focused on the important things in life. Kimberly - did you take that picture of yourself? It looks like your arm is extended out in front of you like you were holding something. I tried to take a pic of myself and it just did not work out very well.

Jillian - you are in all of our hearts and prayers. Like Nicole said it takes a lot of courage to reach out and ask for help. And we are so proud of you for doing that. We will all be here so whenever you need it, hop on here and shout out to us and someone will always be here to answer. Won't DH be home soon? I know you are so looking forward to that.

I go on stabilization soon and find that since I know it's almost the end of WL weeks I am getting a little lax in my choices. I think I'm just tired of always obsessing about what I'm eating and how much and when. I am going to try to be as POP as I can until the end of the year to see how that goes but it's tough. I went to WI today and am down a pound. Maybe I can finally get off this plateau I've been on for the past 4+ months.

Almost time for me to go home. Everyone have a safe, pleasant evening. I'll hop back on here tomorrow.

bayoubelle68
12-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Jillian - you are in my prayers - and have been for a while. I can't imagine all that you are going through. I'm so sorry you are physically alone. Just remember that you are not completely alone because we are all here for you!

Nicole - thanks so much for your sweet encouragement! I need it right now. Teachers are notorious for bringing all of their specialties to share around this time of year. Monday, it was cranberry and orange bread. Tuesday, it was fudge. It's been something every day and I've resisted.

I had to take my name off the list for the faculty Christmas party today. I love going every year, but this year, they decided to go to Bellino's (Italian) and it's going to be a buffet. The only thing I can have is the house salad and I'm not paying $14 to go eat a not-so-great salad and watch everybody enjoy the other stuff. Usually we go to a seafood restaurant in town and everybody orders from the menu, so no matter what diet you're following, you're okay. I'm always a designated driver when we go there since I don't drink. I hate that I'm going to miss the party since it's the only time during the year when we can all get together, but I have to do what's best for me right now.

zambejaly5
12-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Lettie.......... Aren't you happy I just gave you unwanted financial advice? :lol:

hahahah, I thought it was free financial advice!

BarbaraB
12-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Lettie, Generally you end up where you were meant to be. The people you work with make all the differences, so perhaps if you are with a sympathetic group of drones, well then life is marvelous. I have never known in advance what jobs were going to be fantastic and which jobs where going to make my life like living in the pit.

Jillian, I think of you and pray for you each time I see a Starbucks (and that is very often in the Portland area). You definitely could use some new work clothes. You need to keep your pants on! It is practical and might make you feel better to go out and get something new and fresh. I know that you will feel better when you move and can see your kids more often. Just think about how good it is going to be to see your husband again! You have good things to look forward to after this time alone.

Felicia, sorry about the italian buffet and all the goodies showing up at work. In another 6 months, you will probably be able to go and eat at a place like that easier, as I found after a long time on plan, eating severly off plan made me feel severely sick, so I'm just not as tempted as I was previously. For those of you who think, that will never be me... I would have said the exact same thing, but over time your body adjusts to whatever you are feeding it. Then you won't have to visualize rabbit poops or cow pies, although I salute your inventiveness in that regard.

Lynx
12-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Hello everyone
I just have time for a fly by....
Jillian - I am so glad that you asked us to keep you in our thoughts and prayers and you know I certainly do that. I have read some of the posts and I echo what they have said. I was especially touched by Nicole's words. Just imagine that we are all there with you putting our arms around you to talk to you and give you strength.

To all the students - just take it one day at a time and do the best that you can.

I have limited time on the computer since I am at someone else's house.

JLem311
12-06-2007, 08:01 PM
thank you to everyone for the thoughts and kind words. it means the world to me to have a group who cares so much. :)
it's tough for me to admit that i need help, prayers, thoughts, etc. i'm not that type of person..who asks for help or admits many feelings. but i'm glad that i can do that with all of you.

going to go and have a nice cup of tea before bed. early day tomorrow..330am.

see you all tomorrow.

dolphn545
12-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey Everybody! :wave:

Went to WI today, and am up .4 I'm not changing my ticker, I want a morning WI to be sure.

Has anyone else heard of (or "testing") the new meal bars? They count as a PVS. I don't think F is in there, but not positive. They come 4 to a pack, and are the same price as the Slim Down shakes. I bought 2 boxes to try out, but mainly because I'm gone for so long at work and by the time I get home, I don't feel like cooking.

I hope everyone is having a great POP day. :cheers:

Dan2112
12-06-2007, 10:07 PM
thank you to everyone for the thoughts and kind words. it means the world to me to have a group who cares so much. :)
it's tough for me to admit that i need help, prayers, thoughts, etc. i'm not that type of person..who asks for help or admits many feelings. but i'm glad that i can do that with all of you.

going to go and have a nice cup of tea before bed. early day tomorrow..330am.

see you all tomorrow.

Jillian, it's hard for all of us to admit we need support from time to time.. Some of us more than others, but it's still hard. The important part is that you understand you do need the support.. That's half the battle right there.. So many people go through their days with a brick wall around them, refusing to admit they might need some help... Keeping it all bottled up inside never does anyone any good...

I'm glad we're here for you, just like I'm glad you are here for us..

I have a meeting at Starbucks tomorrow.. I'll raise my non-fat peppermint mocha in your honor!!

bayoubelle68
12-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Good morning! I feel like poo this morning. I was up WAY too late last night designing our Christmas cards and getting the images uploaded to our printer. But it's done!

I was looking forward to crashing this weekend, but it's not gonna happen. We have a dinner party for 12 here on Monday night and our house looks less than dinner party ready, so I'll be cleaning all day Saturday. Housework is my least favorite thing to do in the world - and it's obvious from the way the house looks right now! Yuck!

Have a great day!

Tuesday Cool
12-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Grandma died last year and I have been feeling very disconnected from an important part of my heritage. I have been remiss and never taught my daughter how to make latkes from scratch. I usually cheat and use a package. So this year I decided to have a Hanukkah dinner at my house. So I start inviting. If you invite Mom and Dad you have to invite Uncle and Aunt. Then the cousins need to come and so on and so on....
Now it is dinner for 11! At 4 latkes each... equals cooking all day! A day for the family is a blessing. Right?
So I am planning my menu and decide that I have to make great-grandma's matzo ball soup, and I found a bakery to buy chahalla, add some blintzes for dessert and that is dinner. I cannot find a single veggie recipe. Do the Jews not eat veggies? Or are they so horrid that no one ever wrote down the recipe? A dinner with all starches!? This may be a disaster. Or the reason I am overweight in the first place. Starches are my down fall. I eat bread like an alcoholic fallen off the wagon.
Well it is only one meal and it is all about family and love. Food is love right? :han:

smjezzy
12-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Well I survived my first Holiday party last night. While I didn't stay POP I didn't do too terribly bad. Next one is next Friday. I have been told we can take off after the luncheon so I think I'll be chomping at the bit to leave so I won't have any trouble with grazing. I will leave directly after and try to get all my Christmas shopping done that afternoon. Nothing like putting it off till the last second!

I have been very "scroogish" this year. I did get the tree up but I keep forgetting to plug it in so there it sits like a lump in the corner. I think I'll go home and turn of Christmas music tonight to try to get in the mood. The weather isn't helping. It's supposed to be muggy and in the 80s today.

I'm dreaming of a sunburn on Christmas!!!! New hit, come on....sing along with me now.

OK the weekend is here. Now is my challenge. Let's see if I can get thru this one without cheating all over the place.

Hey I haven't even looked at it...does anyone know how bad the "diet" eggnog is? Is it even legal or is it still way off the charts.

Katy66
12-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Good morning! Quick check in and it looks like everyone is busy with the all the events around the holidays and I'm no exception. My problem is staying on plan during all the shopping, parties, etc. I'm just not doing good at all, haven't even been to COD in two weeks now. I weighed this morning at home and I've not gained but of course I'm not one ounce lighter either. I think my new holiday motto is to maintain and get focused again after the new year. That scares me though because it would be so easy to start creeping back up. How are the rest of you keeping motivate? I need some words of wisdom here:)

Jillian - I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers. We are here for you!

bayoubelle68
12-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Shannon - I'm with you. We have the same weather right now. SO not Christmasy!! I can remember once in 1985 when it rained all day on Christmas and it was 85 degrees. We were miserable. I mean, we KNOW it's never going to snow here, but it can at least get a little chilly!!

smjezzy
12-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Yep! It's just going nuts here, I go from heater running all day, sitting in my chair under blankets freezing to death to open up all the windows and sit real still so you don't generate heat. Texas weather is always a little odd but this is just nuts. I just covered up my plants for a freeze warning the first part of this week!! Ba Humbug : )

michie
12-07-2007, 02:34 PM
My first week w/ LAWL has been pretty good so far. I have lost 4 pounds! WOO HOO! I want to get to my new years goal by the end of the weekend! Any tips or advice? I have been going to the gym for an hour everyday and completely avoiding any fast food. What can i do to keep pushing myself and get there by my next weigh in (monday)? I know you're only supposed to do it every 2 weeks, but can you TO more than that? Like once a week? Is that dangerous? Good luck with your losing!

Michie

BarbaraB
12-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Michie, If you do takeoff too often, your body goes into starvation mode and then you totally stop losing any weight! So don't try to go to fast. It took some time to put the weight on, it won't come off over night. You want to do it the safe and healthy way so that you are not losing muscle weight which would make it so that you are more likely to gain weight later when you eat a bit more calories (or having to survive off from fewer calories, which no one wants). You are doing super fantastic. Just follow the plan and you could most likely will easily make your new year's goal. Be kind to your body. Oh, and Take off is a little different from the fast forward and a lot harder you only get 6 ounces of protein for the day, so I don't think anyone really wants to do the take off too darned often.

I cut the "volunteer" tree down from our front yard that my DH would not let me pull or otherwise remove until now. It had grown too big and was starting to interfer with the other big tree in the yard (my DH wanted to cut down the only nice tree in the yard to save the weed tree and I objected). Anyway I have the day off today so I went and cut it down. Turns out it is 12 feet tall and I had a heck of a time wrestling it into the house and into the tree stand by myself. So now my living room is quiite full of tree... Smells fantastic though and it is the freshest tree I've ever had, seeing as I've never cut one down out of the front yard before. The yard looks better. My DH thinks I'm a tree murderer though, and I have the sap on my hands to prove its true.

JLem311
12-07-2007, 03:21 PM
barbara--you just reminded me of my favorite holiday movie: national lampoon's christmas vacation. love love love that movie. "litte full, lotta sap." (i could recite that whole movie, word for word!)
you made me laugh for the first time today. thanks! i needed it. :)

Dan2112
12-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Hey gang...

Wheeeew! I took the day off and did a TON of Christmas shopping for Liz and the kids today. Good thing I got my per diem check yesterday, for a business trip I took last month!

Michie.. I'm with Barb on this one.. Congrats on your loss so far.. That initial rush of good feelings and power can really be fun.. BUT (there's always a but)... You can't fool yourself into believing it's gonna always be like that... Follow the plan to the letter and you will see consistant losses, but sometimes you won't see much at all..

What's happening right now is that your body is in shock because you dared to feed it good food and rob it of the crap we all like to eat. "How DARE you feed me veggies!!!" :lol:

But your body will adjust very soon and over the next few weeks and months, you'll have to tweek your diet here and there.. Get your starches in early.. Don't skip or skimp your portions (extremely important)... Have breakfast for dinner and lunch for breakfast once in a while.. The trick is to keep your body guessing for the time being..

Keep up the good work!!

Ternoway
12-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone,
I hope everyone's week has gone well. I haven't been online in a few days so I'm a bit behind on all of the posts. I finished Takeoff and managed to lose almost 2 pounds, not as much as I hoped but at least I'm moving in the write direction. The trick will be keeping it off this weekend as I have 2 christmas events to go to so there will a lot of temptation to contend with!

dolphn545
12-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Shannon - there is a recipe for eggnog in the LA cookbook. I have not tried it yet, but will be over the weekend. Here goes:

EggNog
Makes 2 servings
Serving Size - 1 cup
Counts as - 1/2 protein, 1 dairy

2 eggs, well beaten
3 packets splenda
dash vanilla extract
2 cups skim milk
dash nutmeg, to taste

Combine eggs & splenda; add vanilla and milk and beat well; pour into 2 glasses and sprinkle with nutmeg

bradleys mom
12-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Hope everyone has a great weekend! I WI today and was down a pound! YAY!

Had a NSV yesterday! For a LOONG time I have had to wear 3X shirts, and some of those were tight! I bought my first 2X sweater yesterday and it looks awesome! :) Also one of the door greeters that I used to work with saw me when we went to wal-mart and she said, "Hey Lady, you've lost a lot of weight havent you?" I was beaming! It was great to finally hear that from someone other than my family.

Mama Nicole
12-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Good morning everyone :) It sure is quiet here lately!!! c'mon everyone.......work hard this weekend :)
XOXO

michie
12-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Dan and Barb- Thanks so much for that... I totally understand what you mean. This is my first weight loss experience and I am just so anxious to get it all off that I want to do it as fast as possible! But I guess it wouldn't feel as good if it were easy would it???

I did go into my COD today and I lost a few more pounds! YAY! My company holiday party was last night and I was afraid I was going to be up up up, but nope! I was so excited to have made my holiday goal.

I am getting tired of the gym though... anyone do any workout/weight loss videos? I want something to do everyday in place of the gym. Any favorites?

Again, thank you all so much for helping me... this added support really comes in handy! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Dan2112
12-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Congrats michie!! Don't forget... The food you eat today won't have it's true effect (generally speaking) on the scale for a couple of days.. So any damage you did last night probably won't show up until tomorrow or even monday...

bradleys mom
12-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Michie a lot of us on here use the Biggest Loser 2 Workout DVD. I also use Lesley Sansone's Walk Off the Pounds DVD. Both are great and fun! Congrats on the loss! But remember what Dan said... the same also goes for TakeOff, It also takes a couple days to see results.

equinetcan
12-08-2007, 08:26 PM
hello everybody,

Sounds like some are struggling but others are doing well. I have been MIA most of the week. Just busy with work and shopping and such. My mom leaves on monday for a month long trip out west to see her family so tomorrow is the last visit with her and my ex mother in law till after she comes back.

I am POP since a week ago this past tuesday. Basically about 10-11 days. As of yesterday down 7.2 lbs so it is working. I have lost what had creeped back on over the last few months. Had a not so good day today but tomorrow is a new day.

I for one will be very glad when xmas is over. Someone else on here said they weren't really in the spirit yet and they can count me in on that too. I am getting my shopping done but not enjoying it near as much as I normally do. I don't have a tree for this year either. Since I will be alone for xmas I didn't bother and with the house purchase and such in the last 6 weeks I really can't spare the extra $$ either. Maybe I'll get one in the after xmas sales this year to use in the future. I did get some xmas decorations/figurines etc out today so my living room and kitchen has some stuff out.

It has been quieter here the last week than normal...guess everyone else is busy with holiday preparations as well.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and upcoming week!!

Tuesday Cool
12-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Shannon, we own a small ranch in Fredricksberg and I spent Christmas there two years ago. I packed for cool weather and got 90's! I thought I was going to die! I had to go to Wal-Mart and buy T-shirts just to survive. I have never had that kind of heat in California for Christmas!
Plus, I got so sick from the cedar trees that I was hospitalized for a day. I love the place but I am so allergic to both the Hill Country and Austin I may never return.