Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 05:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I had a sort of scarey episode of low blood sugar yesterday and went a bit overboard at the BBQ last night to compensate.
The quesadilla snack starters weren't too bad BUT there was peanut butter cheesecake for dessert! It was Rob's birthday so Harry and I "shared" a piece. I ate all of it except his first bite! Back to reality this morning and up a half pound!
Old 06-16-2003, 12:48 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, have you tried any of the desserts from the South Beach diet? I don't know if you can have them, but they ARE lower carb and lower fat.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:01 PM   #3  

Talking My name is Liz and I am a pig!

I have been helping myself to left over pie from Father's Day supper here yesterday.....I need intervention!

Liz

How could 811 people have viewed this already today???????????????????????????????????????????
Old 06-16-2003, 01:09 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Liz - this is alternachicks. They keep checking in to see if we are talking about queer sex practices!

Throw out the pie!
Old 06-16-2003, 01:44 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ha! Ha! Ruthxxx, will they be disappointed....but we do have an ongoing sex talk thread they could check out

Liz - it is because I split the thread this morning to pick up where the old one left off because the old one was getting too long - lots of us little piggies in here confessing So I guess the views from the old thread show up.

ALL RIGHT LADY - REACH FOR THE SKY AND STEP AWAY FROM THE PIE - NOW!!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 11:08 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

i haven't been sticking to anything at all lately. i can't even begin to catalog all that i ate this past week.
lets see if i can remember what i had today...

breakfast: bowl of dry froot loops, bag of guacachips (little one, not big one)
lunch: bowl of ramen noodles, snickers icecream bar
Snacks: piece of cheese, cheezy chips, egg roll, frozen lemonade treat
and i plan on having blts for dinner with fries and a spinach salad damn it. and no one can stop me!!! oh, and did i mention icecream. mmm... strawberry cheese cake icecream, i'll be eating that too. i already know it.

arg, i just feel so out of control and it's like i don't even care right now.

i feel like but i don't have the motivation to get up and exercise or say - no i don't need another (insert any food item in my house here)

looked at weight watchers today. it actually costs $48 bucks a month, plus $20 to start here. does that seem acurate? geez, thats expensive.
*sigh* i feel like a cow. a lethargic one at that.
okay, i'm done now.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:09 AM   #7  

I had cereal and I was full, I tell you. So why also 2 pieces of raisin toast (dug the loaf out of the freezer where Iput it to PREVENT such goings-on). I am SO full right now. Ugh, burp. Why do I think that bread after cereal is going to improve my day in any possible way? (especially when I am already totally full)

Lidian
Old 06-17-2003, 11:10 AM   #8  

Okay girl, you definitely need an intervention!!!!

You have to start caring about yourself! We all go through the " ah, screw it!" phases but you need to step back and take a look at yourself and see what you want to do. Do you want to slide back and continue to feel the way you do or do you want to move forward, take charge and make some changes?. Maybe if you write down a list of reasons to why you want to lose weight and some steps to take, mini goals etc., it will seem more concrete to you than just saying I have to lose weight.
(Sorry if I sound like I am lecturing )

Hey we are all here for you if you need some help, ideas or motivation!

I joined WW 6 weeks ago and it is helping me. I know that I can't lose the weight on my own and that I need some structure in order to do this. Being in a group might help you

I do find the price in your area a bit high, I wonder why that is? I know the prices vary. Maybe you can see if they are having a summer joining sale. I looked on the website for my area and it was $26.76 to join and then when I got to the meeting they were having a 1/2 off sale (no pun intended ) Maybe that is the price for joining and the first meeting together. I would call and find out.

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 06-17-2003 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Lizziness - I know exactly how you feel, I've been in the same state for the last couple of months. I was so out of control, and everytime I binged (which was A LOT) I felt so numb and unhappy, and just like you, I didn't think I cared.

Mauv is right, try and do something to stop that thinking now! You DO care what's happening to you, or else you wouldn't be here reading or writing posts! Think back to the reasons you started trying to lose weight (your health, feeling better, fitting into all those cute clothes, being around longer for your family, avoiding disease, etc., etc.) and also pull out some old pictures of yourself - it always helps me to see what I once looked like at much thinner and heavier weights.

Even if you can't totally get back in control, take little steps at regaining it. Eat a salad or some fruit instead of pigging out, take a walk, make sure you're drinking all your water... those little things eventually add up!

Anywho, don't give up and do NOT beat yourself up if you can't get it together right away. Chin up!
Old 06-17-2003, 03:10 PM   #10  

Lunula, that is an excellent idea about the photos. It really helps to SEE yourself - thinner and heavier, through your life.

Lizzi, every day is a new day. You can start again (& again) as many times as you need to. Falling off the wagon happens to us all - there isn't any one of us here who haven't had times when they were not in control.

You CAN get back on track. And I'll bet you will get that click again. If WW can help, it probably IS worth the money, just even for awhile, to start you up. Or a new fitness book, new exercise class, new fruit to try - anything really that works to jazz you up again.

Let us know how you are doing!

Lidian
Old 06-17-2003, 07:13 PM   #11  

Yeah Lidian, I am currently on-line so I don't eat....I have been on a major munchie binge for 2 days now and have only caved and eaten fig newtons (only two) and some cheese and crackers
Old 06-17-2003, 11:13 PM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

A friend once told me that WW has a sliding scale (even though it isn't advertised.) I bet they have it in Canada too. You have to call the main number and ask for it though.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:23 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Curses. Ate 8 sugar cookies last night. And totally pigged out otherwise (sticking to the correct foods) all day. Not enough water. Curses. Must get back to drinking my water...
Old 06-18-2003, 11:10 AM   #14  

Default Me= Piggie

I went away last week and completely fell off any semblance of diet or health regimen. Ate with no regard, smoked like a chimney, drank somewhat fishily. And now I'm back and not sure how to get myself back OP!
I feel awful about failing, and worse that I don't seem to be able to muster the enthusiasm to try again. I think, what's the point, I'll always be fat anyway, why torture myself?

But tonight I'll go grocery shopping, throw out the last few cigarettes, and just DO IT again. I hope.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in my weakness!

--gypsy
Old 06-18-2003, 11:58 AM   #15  

Gypsy-welcome back! Don't fret about falling off the wagon, your are doing the right thing by planning your groceries, restocking and getting back on track.

Boy if we all had $10.00 for everytime we fell off the wagon or cheated the lot of us Alternachicks could afford to spend a weekend at a fat farm together
Closed Thread