Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 02:00 PM   #46  

Height: 5'-2"

Well!!!!
I just think that anyone who watches Survivor is totally dumb and shallow!!

I watched it once about a year ago, and I thought, "Man, this is COMPLETELY addictive... I could get right into THIS!!"
I have no idea when or where it's on though, so I haven't been able to feed my addiction. And PLEASE, don't anyone tell me!! I DON'T WANT TO BE ADDICTED!!!

was that rude? Did I just put my foot in my mouth? Again. I AM teasing... you picked up on that, right?
Old 03-28-2003, 04:40 PM   #47  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ellis- to you!!!

Actually, I find Survivor to be an interesting study of interpersonal realtionships, coping skills and a commentary on society. (gee, too bad we don't have and egghead smiley with glasses and a graduate cap to use )

Plus it is also a guilty pleasure of trashy entertainment
Old 03-28-2003, 05:40 PM   #48  

I LUUUUVVVV how you justify watching these programs, Mauvais.
You kill me.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:54 PM   #49  
Cat Lover

I think survivor is stupid!

The women on there are way too good looking to be real. Anyone different is "token". And please, like I really believe the first group ate rats or something like that!

Just think in 20 years it will all be history.

I almost never watch TV, I am not trying to be smug, please forgive me, I simply do not enjoy TV.

Sandi
Old 03-28-2003, 10:04 PM   #50  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Well Sandi, I don't think any of the women on any of the Survivor's were good looking, some of them got by on big boobs but that was about it. I have seen much better people standing at the bus stop or at the mall and a lot of them were made really unattractive by their behaviour!

I'm not offended by your comment and can agree that most of the current tv programming is stupid. I don't mind Survivor but the glut of reality tv shows that followed it are getting worse-dumb and dumber- I can't watch any of them, especially those bachelor/bachelorette, Temptation Island, Married by America things. Are people that desperate to find someone or are they that money grubbing that they would do anything on tv just to get some cash for it? icky!
Old 03-29-2003, 05:05 PM   #51  

Everybody needs a little "stupid" in their lives.
When I'm really depressed and sick I re-read my Nancy Drews. I certainly don't consider myself stupid, but a little cozy no-brainer when I'm feeling crappy is good for me. Plus I get to relive my (otherwise miserable ) childhood.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:37 AM   #52  
a brave new me...

Exclamation Adios!

Bye chickies... I'm leaving for Cancun in the morning! I promise to not eat my way through the trip and will even try to exercise a little while I'm there. Can't make any promises though about the amount of calories I may consume in the form of tequila... !!
Old 03-30-2003, 07:19 AM   #53  

Have a wonderful time, Sojo!!!
Old 03-30-2003, 04:10 PM   #54  
Must Shrink.

Ohhhh! Nancy Drew!!! Off topic a bit, on Thursday at work someone donated a pile of Trixie Beldon books, all from my generation, and I'm coming home with the whole pile. They are too old to add to the collection at the Library.

I was in love with Jim as a very young teen.

L
Old 03-30-2003, 05:18 PM   #55  

Lamorgan, I've got a bunch of Trixie Beldons, too! Anytime I'm depressed and have my nose in a book, my DH will jokingly say, "What are you reading, a Trixie Bixie?"
Old 03-30-2003, 09:16 PM   #56  
Must Shrink.

I read a lot of youth fiction. There is a lot of really well writen youth lit out there and it's usually a bit quicker read than adult stuff.

A great book I've read though was The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and I'm reading The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. It's about life in biblical times through the eyes of the women.

Must be off, my book calls.

L
Old 03-31-2003, 09:20 AM   #57  
Must Shrink.

Ugh. There is this disease outbreak in Toronto, and I'm supposed to head in to Mississauga next weekend to spend the night with my friend Randy. Then I re'd an invitation to an art show of a friend which would take me even closer to the east end of T.O. where hospitals are closed and people are wearing masks...

But POO! I want to go.

L
Old 03-31-2003, 10:55 AM   #58  

I love Nancy Drews too, when I am feeling fragile especially...and I love People magazine and Us and I take them out of the library to save $ and so they do not pile up upstairs (cuz I have a lot of old Shape mags up there that I DID buy, and I can't throw them out, I love them!).
I love travel books too.

Lidian
Old 03-31-2003, 11:37 AM   #59  

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only adult who will still pull out a Nancy Drew on occasion. I always wished she would dump that Ned. He's so ... wishy washy.

I've got a lot of Shape mags, too... can't throw them out. I keep thinking I'll go through them and make a collage to hang on my fridge.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:51 AM   #60  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well I have a collection of Vogue Sewing and Threads that will never be pitched. My dream books!
Harry has Gourmet Magazines from the 1950's!
Closed Thread